Speaker 1: Yeah, dude, it's it's everything you would think it's you know, to one one of the one of the weird kind of transitions that we have to make emotionally is that like we're not underdogs anymore, you know, but for the last two weeks we still were. And yeah, dude, it was like fucking hoosiers. You know. It was just absolutely incredible. It was just, uh, it was one of the it's a once in a lifetime experience, and in fact, most people don't even get it once in a lifetime. And then yeah, you.
Speaker 2: Know, I was.
Speaker 1: There was a lot of tears and a lot of excitement, and and then Monday morning here at the factory, you know, we had all hands meeting. We got fifty seven of us now at work here and all of us, you know, got together and just just a release, just a full on, fucking just release of tension and emotion and like it's not just me man, like my my employees. Every single person in this building is like legitimately passionate about what they do, Like real deal fucking passionate, and they live and die by every the same way I do. It was incredible, you know, it was an incredible morning. We all get together about nine thirty in the morning, which was you know, they had actually that morning gotten in there at four am because our fucking ac is broken. Its one hundred degrees here, and uh so they got in early to you know, to work while it was still cooler, and and it was incredible. You know, we had this wonderful meeting and lots of hugging and high five and and screaming and hooting and hollering, and then we had to get back to work and the work work. Pert's pretty fucking hard.
Speaker 3: Lave all the fire. Nobody here is getting time. Welcome to the fire pit with Matt Chanella.
Speaker 4: There you have it. The end, as Sam Han articulated in that hook Lab, Golf is back to work, and in addition to Adam Scott, guys like Will's Alatorus been on, Camilla, Vijaygis and Grayson Murray are all using their putters now. Meanwhile, Lucas Glover is number thirty five in what's left of the so called official world golf rankings. As we approach the Masters of twenty twenty four, Glover has slipped back to one hundred and sixty third in strokes gained putting one hundred and fifteenth in putting average and one hundred and twenty ninth in putts per round. But he's not yipping, and no one can ever take away career wins number five and six. As I said in the first episode, I had no idea that the first call to Han in August of twenty twenty three would lead to an eight part now nine parts series on a putter company. But if you've been following along, it's a story that is so much more than just about a putter. For me, this was Sam Hans's story and Bill Pressey's story. It's a Bob Duncan, Matt Holme, Stuart Smith, Tim Wilkinson, Liam Bedford, Von Taylor, Jeff Slowman, Kelly Slater, Adam Scott, Brett Rumford, Mac Barnhart, Michael Simms, Jason Kuhn, and of course Lucas Glover story. As with all of my podcasts, at the end, I like to get reflections from the protagonist, share some of the best comments and quotes that didn't make the main narrative, which is what I'm going to do in this episode. But before we get to more thoughts on Glover the Putter, the idea of letting go of control to gain control one hundred foot waves in Ireland and final comments from a Navy seal. Another thank you to Dormy Workshop for sponsoring this podcast. We have a lot more coming in our partnership with the Canadian based company that specializes in fine leather goods, which will include events that we're calling bonfires. More on that and those in an upcoming fire Drill podcast which will drop Master's week. But in the meantime, go to dormyworkshop dot com and use promo code fire Pit fifteen for fifteen percent off your next purchase of a headcover, putter, cover, duffel bag and more on Lucas Glover's accomplishments of twenty twenty three. Here's a final reflection from Jeff Slowman. For a guy like that who's been grinding so hard or hits it so good, and to keep your card for that long and put that bad, that's a small miracle in itself. I think everybody felt good for him.
Speaker 5: As a professional golfer, and especially people that know Lucas. We didn't feel good about it. We felt great for him, you know. And if you've ever had some trials and tribulations with the putter, which almost to a man, every professional golfers gone through, whether it's for a week, a month, a year, or decades. You know, that's this feeling of hope you can come back and put like a kid, you know, because I don't think kids ever ten years old, fifteen twenty, you know, eight year olds, they're just they don't care about the consequences of a miss because they're.
Speaker 6: Going to make the next one right.
Speaker 5: And I think every psychologist would tell you put like a kid with no cares in the world and nothing about the miss. It's going to bother you. So yeah, I mean it brought hope to every professional golfer, and I thought that was great.
Speaker 4: Here's von Taylor.
Speaker 7: When you see a guy like Lucas Glover and you know what he's gone through and then to go back to back wins like that out of like virtually nowhere. What what are your thoughts on that?
Speaker 8: I mean, that's kind of like what I was hoping to happen to Reno, that it was going to like blow up into this thing. And that's kind of like that that dream we have, and that's why you never quit because you always hope something's going to click. And and the putters, obviously, I mean, the most important club in the bag I believe in and Lucas that's all, you know.
Speaker 9: I look, his whole.
Speaker 2: Game looks great.
Speaker 8: I mean, he looks like he's swinging well too, but you know, he just needed something like that to click for him. And you know, kudos for him to try so many different things. And I didn't realize it was so bad. I just I hadn't seen some of those videos of him, and you know those are those are tough, Like I've never seen anyone strike one out of the heel that far on that short one at on eighteen. I just was like, wow, I didn't know it was that bad. But you know, the more I've read about it, it sounds, you know, it was a lot of mental stuff going on, but to also break down those barriers with you know, a different style putter, and then to be a playoff event. But it wasn't like it was just back to back regular weeks. I mean that was and he led the whole entire way and the cameras are on him just for eight days straight or something. I mean, it's just like and just to see him continuously roll it well and just it's pretty cool to see the transformation just all the way around. But mentally that's got to be you know, I can't imagine what he feels like inside. You know, it's just what you dream of to break through and clear some hurls.
Speaker 2: It's pretty cool.
Speaker 10: And Lucas Glover, I don't know a ton about the lab technology because I didn't want to because I tried to use technology to beat it also, and so I've kind of shied away from I mean, I just found out what the lie was a couple or the loft was a couple of weeks back. Uh, I just I didn't want to know. I didn't want to know too much. I didn't want to any of that to clog up anything that was working. So I kind of ran away from the tech stuff. But understanding that it works is enough for me. And you know, obviously i'm pretty much or pretty pretty good proof that it does.
Speaker 4: Glover's friend and manager Mac Barnhardt.
Speaker 6: You can depend on Lucas being Lucas, and that's a wonderful thing in this world, as you know, so good or bad or ugly like it's uh, you can depend on him and that's and that's what's made it fun. But you know, I like, I say, he he deserves this. He's a fighter, man, I mean he's and look we're I don't like I say. People are like, what can he do? I think he can win the Grand Slam. He's never putted great. He can putt grat and he's got a team around him. Now we know that works. We know we got I mean, people go, you can't say that he's this age. I might told me he could have done what he did, and I know this gap. I mean, like, he's not scared. I know he's been in the gym almost every day since he's gotten home. I thought to Kobe about his workouts. His workouts are going good. He's yeah, he went to New York from fashion Week. Let him have a week off. That's great, you know, but he's back in the gym. I mean he's back. I mean maybe not getting picked for the Ryder Cup might add just a little more incentive. And that's fine too. We'll take that right.
Speaker 4: Back to Matt Home, one of the original salesmen of the Directed Force design, on the business impact of clovers back to backs, Sam said that from January to July of twenty twenty three, they had sold about one hundred and sixty Broom you know, Broom Labs. Right after Lucas wins back to back they sold like two thousand, six hundred in one month.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I could see that for sure. Yeah, it's it's when it's validated. When it's validated by it, you know, people people want to see it, they want to see what they're using. And it's got a different story. It's not like just different colors or weights. There's a complete different set of principles being used. And that's pretty impressive to be able to patent a mathematical formula. And Bill got that done. But he has the patent for I've seen it. And if anybody else makes a putter that does what this putter does, they're in a hear from Bill's lawyers, I'm sure, and in Sam's So it does. It's an amazing it's an amazing It's going to be in the golf House someday. I mean think some of the original stuff it will be in the It'll be that kind of a historic thing.
Speaker 4: I wanted to revisit and share a few of the perspectives on the idea of quote letting go of control to gain control or take control, which again started with Brett Rumford, the Australian short game guru. Here's Sam Hun.
Speaker 1: You know, like my tagline is like you know you've in the past you have to keep a face square and with us, all you have to do is let a face stay square. And his whole thing is you have to let go of control to gain control. That's how he describes, you know, what the what the feeling is, and a lot of the high level pros the feedback we get is they describe this very kind of vague feeling, you know, in along kind of similar to what we talked about before about you know, just kind of how the potter head disappears. That's a good thing. That's when you know you're doing it right. When it kind of feels vague and free, that's when you know the putter's face is squared up to the plane that you're putting it on. It's when you start feeling resistance. That's when you know you're off.
Speaker 4: Here's Brett Rumford.
Speaker 12: And for me, it's it's all about with the lad product, it's all about for me, it's like giving up control to take control and I think so many people, you know, whether it's a personality or otherwise, try to, you know, control the face, control of the stroke, and they get so caught up in the stroke and the plane and everything.
Speaker 7: Else, which is all good and well, you do your work, but.
Speaker 12: And you know, the holy grail is having it perfectly art and have your face to path and all the rest of it. But there's got to be a point where you just got to go play, and you just got to go. You just got to get just give up all the controlling element and you just got to just.
Speaker 3: Let it go.
Speaker 4: Rumford was not only one of the hardest guys to track down for this series, he was also well worth the weight and one of my favorite voices in this story, not only his walking analogy.
Speaker 12: Mastery comes down to mastering the movement and then everything switches off, so everything deactivates. So when you walk, you've mastered the art of walking. Yes, So if I were to ask you, what do you activate in your legs when you walk? Truthfully, just walk, anyone, just got it out of your couch, whoever's listening to this right now, and just walk and walk a little bit faster when I say that, and walk a little bit faster again, and tell me what's being activated. You couldn't tell me.
Speaker 4: You wouldn't know, But especially as it related to that idea of letting go of can and as he put it, to take control the essence of the lie angle and balanced technology. And I loved the story. Rumford shared about the experience he had when he had to make a tricky putt to win a tournament with the lab putter. As he described it his quote, light bulb moment.
Speaker 12: All I can remember was when I hit it, I just went, my god, that was the best part I think I've ever hit. But I think it was more the sense of the feeling, my heightened sense of emotion that really connected me to this stroking his part.
Speaker 13: But it was just amazing.
Speaker 12: In that situation where normally you might feel a little bit of the tension or a little bit of the grab or a little bit of that after the hit, you feel like that little bit of the acceleration or that I wouldn't use the word apprehension, but it's it is what it is. It's just nerves and the rest. But this thing just flowed and it just went off in my hands, and I just looked up and I just went, Wow, that's got to be the purest part I think I've ever hit. Subsequently, subsequently it went in. But irrespective of that, I just find, I mean that that feeling and memory will last with me for a long while, because I'd say to Sam, if I had have had this technology, maybe when I first turn pro who knows how many order one, maybe with the broomstick, A part of very well with the broomstick. But yeah, look, it's just it's quite amazing technology. It's pretty cool and you just got to experience it, but you sort of you have to give it some time too, because so many people don't like the feeling of no control. They don't like the feeling of like giving up, that feeling of where the face is or the awareness of it. And it's just I love the internal feeling where everything just switches off through here rather than trying to feel this tension. I just love the flow of it. And you get into the flow after a while, but it takes time.
Speaker 4: And then Bill Pressey on Rumford's summary of how to utilize the technology.
Speaker 14: I think people let go of their fears. The hardest thing that even though you like it's a fear. You think it would be easy to let go of, right, but fear in golf is the hardest thing by far. This car tissue in and and the memories that that that exist in lurking your subconscience somewhere during that backstroke, they tend to open the door, and that is the the fear there's You know what fear comes from, I'll tell you it comes from missing, right, comes from missing You know what you miss is torque and unless you practice enough, or you've got this innate ability to know this particular golf club just like a good driver or like a good wedge that you have, you know it.
Speaker 13: You know what it's gonna do.
Speaker 15: But when you take away the torque, you could take away the fear and start reprogramming. And then you know, if you miss putts, it's a misread or or you made a poor stroke, it wasn't the yips though the yips is, there's no bigger fear.
Speaker 4: I've had a lot of great conversations with Bill Pressey. After our original interview, he has been listening to the podcast as he rides his bike, much like a lot of his close friends. I love that he's getting the attention and credit that he and his revealer deserves. Stuart Smith is one of those friends, first on letting go of control to gain control, and then on Bill Pressey's back nine of life.
Speaker 16: That's saying resonates pretty strong in golf anyway, but probably even more so with this putter. When you put this putter in their revealer and you see that that putter isn't going to move when it when you swing it on, it's playing it just it doesn't budget. It's amazing.
Speaker 7: What a story, you know, literally from rags to what would be aimed Riches right, uh, from you know, from out of his trunk of his car to now being able to kind of you know, take a breath and and think about what's next, and you know, think about what's next in life and keep this positive, you know, path to a back nine that looks like it's going to be a lot more a lot more fun than maybe the front nine of his life. Would you would you would you agree with all that?
Speaker 16: I would concur Yeah, he's you know when you see him now, I mean he's he's happy. You can tell he's happy within himself, and I know he's finally overcome a lot of some of the struggles that he's had, But you know, the one thing that he's never lost is the is the passion for learning, the passion for his self belief and his product. Maybe he's had to overcome some self belief in himself, but certainly just the self to be validated in the golf world like he has now with with lyingle balance is a pretty amazing accomplishment, and I think he's maybe finally recognizing the impact that he has created through no one else, through everyone else's disbelief early right, people are finally now starting to believe him. You wonder why a face balance putter is so great? I said, I still wonder myself. You know, we still wonder why was face balanced such a big thing? Lyingle balance is just it's the it's the next step.
Speaker 4: Another guy I enjoyed getting to know was Liam Bedford, the guy who built Glover's original lab putter.
Speaker 17: The physics of the putter is trying to stay square. If you put the putter in motion and it's trying to square it square itself. So if you the way the only way that you can manipulate the putter is with type grip pressure and your hands are the only things that can move the putter, so you can either open the face or close the face with your hands. If you don't do that with your hands, the ball will start on the starting line. So if you give up control by taking loose grip pressure and just allowing the product to do what it's doing, the ball will start on its starting line. And so if you can find your speed with super light grip pressure and just let the potter swing like, you will start it on your starting line. And if you have a good speed, you're giving yourself a better chance. The people that we have a hard time with the guys that typically death grip it and then want to hit putts and like guide putts in because they're managing talk. The reason they have type grip pressure is because the potter wants to twist in their face because of the way the weight is in the potu. So they for a guy with a blade, the blade's trying to do this on the way on the way back, and then this on the way through. So the guys typically are holding it off and then trying to hit little draw parts on the way through. With our stuff, you don't need to. You can just literally get there and just make a stroke and the face is going to stay square to the arc.
Speaker 4: Again. I've known Mac Barnhardt for over thirty years. He has always been a spiritual guy.
Speaker 7: Let go of control to gain control, as it relates to both putting in life. Would do you subscribe to that?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 6: Absolutely? Absolutely? Yeah. And that's why I say, I I mean, like you don't. I didn't know as much about the technology as I probably should have until Lucas got it. And then I started researching and calling people and you know, already Cunningham on tours kind of my go to tech guy, and you know, just get ideas from people about this putter, you know, after Luke. I mean I wasn't but it didn't matter what I thought about it anyhow. Lucas wanted it. He's getting it. But then you start reading about it, and you're like, man, that's that's different stuff, right, you know, that's a lot further along than Carston did with with the answer, right, I mean, I think, and it makes sense, right, I mean, we we've come as we went up in technology so much and all the other equipment, the gop balls, the drivers, right and the shafts, even there hasn't been a I mean, there's different pretty putters, but there hasn't been a lot of technology change in the putting look at it. So that was kind of interesting. And obviously they must work. I think they're selling a lot of them right now. If they're not, they're they're in trouble.
Speaker 4: Adam Beach of My Golf Spy on the same subject, right.
Speaker 18: It goes back to what I was saying. With those other putters, you have to you have to do some work with those, whereas this you don't have to. So we've been trained to not let go, to hold on to you know, you watch people putt and they're like, oh, you know, they're like trying to hold on and.
Speaker 9: Keep their face square, And I agree with that.
Speaker 18: You got to let go to not only in life, but with putting to have it work real well.
Speaker 4: And no one is more spiritual than Glover's friend Michael Simms. His laughs were some of my favorite moments from this series.
Speaker 13: That's a life lesson.
Speaker 19: Times when we're holding on too tight, you know, things don't go the way that they should. But the second we let go things start to flow. It just all happened. It all happened right when I was supposed to is. Mac always said to me, I'll never forget this. On a pudding green in two thousand and seven, I made a comment about something and he looked at me and he goes, Michael, You're always right where you need to be, Bud.
Speaker 13: And it may not be comfortable sometimes, and it may not be where you want to be, but you're always right where you need to be. And we don't know why you just are. That's all right, fucking right.
Speaker 4: I certainly enjoyed talking golf in life with Adam Scott, forever one of my favorites to watch and root for. Here he is on letting go of control to gain control. Does that ring true to you? Is that something that makes sense to you?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 20: I think absolutely it does. I think you know, I try and do that with my entire game. But we're we're so professional in a sense. We think of everything all the time. We're trying to be so good at every little part of it. And when it comes to performing and shooting the lower score, you know, you want to have all the stuff under control that you've thought about and then forget it and just and execute and just play and just let go. And that's what I'm trying to do generally, so I think I think that does ring true. I probably didn't have the internal fights that Rummy had in his head with the putter. I was just like, Yeah, this swing's really good. Yeah, this is getting a consistent role. I don't need to find necessarily fault with it. How about I just use this thing and make more putts. And I was enjoying that end of it. And I've really enjoyed the relationship with Sam and his team and being able to give him feedback and then being receptive to that feedback, and in developing the mez and the mes Max and you know, getting to a place where I feel like I'm putting with as good a putter as I can put with.
Speaker 4: It's possible none of this becomes such an incredible story if it wasn't for Tim Wilkinson being an early adopter and getting the number of starts Han needed to get the credential that got him inside the ropes and on the practice putting greens of tour events. Here's Wilkinson on the same subject.
Speaker 21: You know, putting, you always, I mean, when you're putting poorly, you're always trying to control the stroke as much as you can, and the strike and speed and rather than being more athletic and yeah, just letting your instincts take over. And I think that Potter, with the technology that it has, can allow you to do that for sure.
Speaker 4: And then there's Kelly Slater, not only one of the greatest athletes of my generation again eleven world championships in surfing, which is mind boggling to anyone who knows anything about surfing and sports in general. Here he is on letting go of control to gain control.
Speaker 9: It makes sense because, like I was saying, the revealer reveals all. And when you see somebody take If somebody puts your favorite putter in there you've had forever and the toe starts flipping around and it you know, it doesn't hit square. You realize that you have to try and control your putter to make it work, as opposed to letting it just do its job and you're just along for the ride. Putting's so freaking hard already. Why make it any harder? You want something that's just gonna make it easier and easier. I'm surprised maybe the rnals try to outlaw it. You know, it's the new Sam's need putting between your feet.
Speaker 4: It't be that easy. We have to insist it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we're gonna roll back. It's gotta be way harder. You've had no three putts in three rounds.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're rolling back the ball. We're outlying good putters.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 4: That's that's when I heard you were involved, or that you you had an impact. You know. He talks about all these magic moments that have happened, and you using it is one of the magic moments, which then leads to Adam, which then leads to Lucas, which is how this whole chain of like good vibes happens that leads to where they are now.
Speaker 7: So it's kind of a.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's cool. I'm I feel fortunate to to you know, be in there and and and be friends with these guys because I'm you know, I'm a golf fan. Obviously. I love the game. I love the history, I love the I love watching I love seeing the competition. It's in my blood. And and you know.
Speaker 10: Two.
Speaker 9: Be some part of that story is really fun. And same thing. I was playing with Charles Howl in Florida and Charles saw me strike stroking the ball and he's like, oh, you know they had mentioned it to me or contact me. He's like, think I'm gonna check that out again.
Speaker 22: I think he's I think it's in his back now, not sure, but last year it was, so I mean, it's fun, it's it's it's a really it's those are good memories, cherished memories for me in my golf life.
Speaker 4: You know, it's really cool. Well, thank you for taking the time to do this. I I've talked to Chewie. I've mentioned it to him. I'll just mention it to you now. But the twenty two the pipeline story, the buzzer beater is a story that I would love to try and tell, not only through your words, but with all the observers and all the people that were a part of that, almost like as a cherry on what's been your your just like insane career, but like I would love to tell a story about that. You know, I'm I'm you know, I know just enough about surfing with my family and the involvement in Hawaii and the surfing. But someday I may come back to you and try to see if I can pin you down on telling that story.
Speaker 9: So yeah, that'd be awesome. I was in I was in Namibia last week about a week and a half ag surfing, and there was just an incredible swell that everyone around the world heard about. So about one hundred and fifty people probably flew to this place to go surf. And I'm walking up the beach, so it's about it's about a mile long point break, so you got to rock you surf about a mile down. You walk back up and the wind's blown about twenty thirty miles an hour, and you got to walk against the wind, and the sand is like almost like quicksand there the way that you just kind of sink in the sand. So it's I mean walking that thing. Everyone's walking between sort of five times and twelve fifty twelve fifteen times a day if you're really like in good shape, and the amount of energy it us is just crazy. It's just you're so beat afterwards. But anyways, I'm walking back up the beach. At one point I'm walking next to the sky and we get the chat and he's he's Australian, and uh, he goes, hey, man, I got to confess something to you. We're just about to put we're putting our leashes and we're about to jump back in the water. He goes, I got to confess something to you. When you won pipeline, I started crying. Man, and and uh, he goes, I've never met you, he goes. But I'm about the same age and just meant so much to me. And I've heard that from so many people like it felt really special to a lot of people. And that's, you know, another reason why it was the best win of my career. And you know, there's a pretty good chance it will be my last win. And it's at my favorite event, and you know the place I as a kid I dreamt of doing well at and even just being able to surf and not be scared.
Speaker 4: Well, Kelly, thanks for this. Enjoy your Friday play well. Headed up to the goat with the little guy and meeting up with with Simsey and Ashy and uh and I'm sure I'll see up there at some point soon.
Speaker 9: Yeah, stay high to ash for me. And I'm just at the I'm in that traffic right before Ocean side heading south.
Speaker 4: Oh brutal, that's brutal, brutal.
Speaker 9: Lay traffic, dude, this thing is brutal.
Speaker 4: Here, No, I know, I'm dreading it, but but I got to get up there. I got to hit some balls. We got monthly Metal tomorrow, so I got to make sure I'm ready for for tomight. I just came back from thirty nice Ireland. Thirty days in Ireland, which is by the way. They get some big ass swells out there. Have you ever surfed the Ireland swell?
Speaker 9: And I've been there once, but it wasn't giant. It was just nice and clean. But Mulligmore on the West Coast is as big and intense as any wave in the world. It's a friend of mine. A friend of mine was up there about a decade ago, just chasing waves, a big wave guy, and he showed me, well, he did an article and surf his journal and showed me a couple of pictures himself. But he said it was the biggest he's ever seen. And he's surfed all the biggest waves around the world, and he said it was by far the biggest ways he'd ever seen. He was sure it was one hundred feet plus and judging by he had pictures this wave that it's a big right on an outer reef and normally it kind of just feathers and it can only be let's say it's like fifty sixty feet on a big day. And he said, just in comparison, this day was breaking top to bottom barrels outside of where he normally sees it break at like sixty feet. And so the depth of water and the intensity in the ocean, like the amount of energy they were seeing, he said, like nothing he's ever seen like you get you know, you're get in a situation out there, you're never gonna get found. But he just said a one hundred foot waves are out there for sure. I saw him.
Speaker 4: If interested, there's a cool little digital short called Cold Comforts in which Peter Klein talks to Conor Maguire about surfing the biggest waves of Ireland at Maligmore, which is in County Sligo, only twenty five minutes from the County Slago Golf Club. Ross's point, I couldn't help myself. Here's a short clip of Maguire on surfing those waves.
Speaker 23: I guess what's so unique about Ireland as it's the island itself is made up of rock formations that are millions of years old, and that's kind of what makes our slabs and our other points and reefs so perfect and amazing on their day. Also, our dramatic weather that's carved the coastline and on different setups is just yeah, it really adds to it and it makes it all the more dramatic. And when the light does come out, it's always ethereal and a bit magic. And yet there's a lot of different things that make Ireland so special.
Speaker 4: On the subject of overcoming fears, we'll wrap all of this with Jason Kuhne, the former Navy seal sniper who helped guide Glover into overcoming the yips and back into the winter circle.
Speaker 7: Are you still working with Lucas per Se or I mean, are you guys still sort of having.
Speaker 1: Off and on.
Speaker 24: It's just more like kind of check in and guidance here and there when he feels appropriate. All of the information that I have to deliver to him has been delivered. So when I work with players, we record the meetings and they're uploaded to a folder for them to go back and review and.
Speaker 2: Keep and the idea behind that.
Speaker 24: That's another thing with sports psychology as well as one of my frustrations is I'm here to train them from point A to point B. Okay, to a point where they don't need me anymore. That's the idea behind it, and then just passed me off to someone else if they need me around forever.
Speaker 2: In terms of.
Speaker 24: You know, just just all that not now some of them, yeah, hey, it would never hurt to have a performance coach around providing guidance and whatever else. Okay, But in terms of learning what they need to learn and being able to apply it on the field, if they need me around forever, then I'm not doing my job properly.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 24: If a corporate group hires me on retainer to consult for them and teach human performance to their people, and they got to keep me around forever, then I'm not getting that information delivered and effectively apply for them. I'm not doing my job properly. So that's the idea behind it. Is to take a player from point A to point B to the point where they don't really need me anymore. And I think that's pretty much where he's at.
Speaker 7: I'm going to go through that wall you're sitting in front of right now.
Speaker 24: Yeah, that's that's what we do. This is the world I live in. And you know, for athletes that may be listening, you know, we're still breaking in into the game. I've got my colleague Sean Kanagi, who is my mentor in the Sealed Team's twenty three years in, one of the most respected special operators in the community, and we are breaking this down. So there's Stonewall Solutions, there's yipsfree dot Com, and then Shawn and I are run in Parabellum Performance dot Com and it's you know, we're not going to take everyone. It's going to be exclusive for serious people who seriously want to win and train them up and you know, from there, perhaps start bringing in more highly experienced operators to learn the curriculum and develop it. With these guys both their education and application. We're going to take them to the golf cour and we're going to do things that are very untraditional and unorthodox. We're gonna we're going to simulate the environment of chaos as much as we possibly can to where golfing in a match should seem simple and easy train like you fight, as well as other times where it's just nice and easy learning the material. And that's that's what we want to do. We want to take this to the next level, you know one because we enjoy it and we understand it. But to get these athletes what they deserve in terms of this, because I'm tired of seeing I had. It's not my words, but a pro golfer sat down with me a couple of weeks ago and he was telling me about his experiences and working with sports psychology, and he said, Man, what I've experienced so far and the money I've spent on it should be considered malpractice. And I'm just tired of hearing stories like that. Let's get these guys what they need with people who know what they're doing and who have applied the skills they're asking others to apply and just win everything.
Speaker 7: You know, what would it cost me to have you just sort to follow me around every day and just be like my security guard. You could be my mental coach, my life coach. You can help me like just overcome anything and everything. What what does that?
Speaker 4: What does that cause? Just be seven days a week?
Speaker 24: Yeah, well, you know we're not we're not super cheap, but we're very effective at what we do. And I think that the results people get through what we provide to them, they end up coming out on exponentially on top.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 24: So, uh, yeah, we can we can certainly talk about that for sure.
Speaker 7: Well, you've you've certainly helped me in this process of telling what I think is a very compelling story that goes you know, and and it's beyond Lucas, but it certainly.
Speaker 4: Culminates with Lucas as it relates to this, this narrative and you taking the time and sharing all this with me. I just wanted to say thank you, thank you for your service, thank you for all that you've done for our country and for us and our you know, our our peace and safety, but also you know, what you're continuing to do to help these people. It's really really it's really powerful stuff.
Speaker 2: So thank you.
Speaker 7: Pleasure meeting you, and I hope to actually get to shake your hands someday.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it's.
Speaker 24: Great to meet you as well. I'm going to start getting around to some of those golf courses and you know, meeting some folks and learning the game better. Probably start playing some golf. I've got some assets now to help, you know, some of the best in the world that teach me how to play, so I should probably take advantage of that. But now the good folks out there, like yourself and those telling them the story and allowing me to have a platform to get this information out. There will no doubt get to some athletes that whose careers will be saved and or enhanced through it through their efforts, not mine, but in contribute, you know, in the contributions that I make. And so thank you as well.
Speaker 7: Thank you Jason, Thanks, enjoy the rest of your weekend and and and hope to cross passing.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir see you buddy.
Speaker 3: Put another log on the fire. Doing here is get the tie