Speaker 1: From Hollywood to you, thank you for listening to us. Ryan Air on Air with a Ryan Seacrest.
Speaker 2: To the twins there in the club, they don't know that one yet. By harder, maybe they do.
Speaker 3: Oh, they for sure know that one A's and Max and they have been listening to that one since they were My belly.
Speaker 4: Is their booty sticking out when they sing that song?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: That is what my niece says to every song that she dances to. Your booty is sticking in.
Speaker 3: Shake your booty, you sticking alt.
Speaker 2: And so when I might when my shirt tail is not tucked in, I say, my shirt is sticking alt Flora. So what do you twins celebration? And how do you treat a twin's birthday? Everything's gotta be totally equal.
Speaker 3: It really does. I know you have to think about I do. I think about it. And it's really funny because I created an Amazon wishlist because some of the moms were asking me what to get the or if I had one. I didn't even think to do that, and so I had gifts on there that were kind of paired, like if you'd get this one for Asa, you would get this one from maxin and some of the gifts that they were being purchased were not being purchased in the pairs, and so that was already kind of bugging me. I was like, wait a minute, So one's gonna get a Razor scooter and the other one's not, So what's.
Speaker 4: A paired gift? Give me an example like.
Speaker 3: That, like like a you know, a Frozen Razor scooter for Asa and the Spider Man Razor scooter for Maxin. But like, currently only one's been purchased, So what is that paired?
Speaker 2: Because what if one liked the other one better? Like, don't you have to get the exact same one?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well it is exact same one, but just the characters that they like.
Speaker 2: So I'm saying, don't they have to have the same character, because I remember, Kid, whatever anybody else got, I wanted, even if I.
Speaker 4: Didn't want it.
Speaker 3: They have their own characters that they like specifically.
Speaker 5: But also like, that's not going to be the way that it is for the rest of their lives.
Speaker 3: No, they're pretty good about Stoke kind of having their own individuality.
Speaker 4: What will the cake be later, Well, we're gonna.
Speaker 3: Have multiple cakes because later today we're going to celebrate with family and friends, and then they're gonna have a party with their classmates later this weekend to night's cakes. I did a frozen cake for Asa and a spider Man cake for Maxin. That we got it Ralph.
Speaker 2: Every time you say frozen anything ice cream, but it was the.
Speaker 3: Yeah, super simple. Got them at Ralph's. Like it's just like family, only just coming over tonight and then for their birthday this weekend. It's kind of over the top. My Maxin has this huge like dinosaur cake and then As has like a unicorn cake. Fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's exciting.
Speaker 3: I know, it really is. Thank you. I was up very late last night making.
Speaker 4: Balloons, makow them up or.
Speaker 3: Blowing them up, same thing. I tried to have them delivered already blown up, and they wouldn't do it. I'd buy the helium tank and do the whole thing party.
Speaker 4: The whole fun is, Oh you've got the tank.
Speaker 3: Yes, oh boy, I know.
Speaker 2: Now see when I go up, we didn't have the tank. I remember Gary lightheaded walking around the house blowing those balloons up from his lungs and we only got about three.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we as gonna say once you get three, it's like you're done well.
Speaker 4: My dad was like passed out after three.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 3: The twins woke up to a bunch of balloons this morning. They're very excited.
Speaker 4: All right, well, here we are, Johanna. How are you.
Speaker 3: I'm doing great.
Speaker 5: Actually, I was going to text you again last night.
Speaker 7: Three wasn't enough because we were out and about, out and about by you having dinner, and then I was like, you'll.
Speaker 2: Keep thinking you're buy me. I'm just curious, like I'm not always here. He's not just like sitting there squat. I think I told you two weeks ago I was somewhere, and now you think I'm just always there at the same post. She doesn't check to see if I'm there, but assumes, well, you said you were there.
Speaker 4: It's like saying, uh, what's like, what's your favorite restaurant?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 2: You say, oh, you know, I love this restaurant, and then every time you think about going to that restaurant, you think I'm going to be there.
Speaker 7: Anytime I go to a Sugarfish, I think I'm going to see sicany I mean, chances are well.
Speaker 2: I thought about ordering that Sunday, but then I didn't because I feel like, isn't the thing.
Speaker 3: You guys have that thing about Sundays. That's such a dual my head.
Speaker 2: Probably Tubbs told me that at one point, but I just feel like, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I feel like when I can you google.
Speaker 2: It fresh fish on Sundays.
Speaker 7: But we did have we did go for somewhere for fish, and I was going to text you, and then I was like, I feel like he's probably working, so I just didn't on Sunday.
Speaker 3: Yes, he is working.
Speaker 5: No, oh no, it's Monday.
Speaker 3: He's also working on the right true.
Speaker 4: Thanks for watching nights whatever.
Speaker 2: Ye, all right, we have those Disneyland tickets all day. What do you find out about sushi tubs? Yeah, well somebody mark.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a myth. It's a myth. The old days, that was true because they only got shipments in certain days.
Speaker 9: But nowadays, with international trade, restaurants get fish any day of the week.
Speaker 3: Back in the day, super fresh guys, Wow, I'll buy it. Come on.
Speaker 1: Air with a Ryan Seacret.
Speaker 4: I don't love the weather. It does affect my mood.
Speaker 3: It's me gray.
Speaker 4: It has me gray and misty.
Speaker 3: May gray, June gloom, July.
Speaker 4: It was like, come on, there was some sun Saturdays.
Speaker 3: Yeah, happens, you know, how to get onto the desert that was hot, And this past week I'm out there. Oh well, goodness.
Speaker 2: The thing is I mean, it doesn't really work in the rain. It just doesn't operate. Well, you know, I was I was dry. You say, I was driving a couple of things. One the normal driving pace in the moves I make through lanes I couldn't do because the lanes were wet. So I found myself having to engage in something called patience.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, help us off the most impatient person.
Speaker 2: My mother called me and she said, she said, if you're talking about my dad, and she said, you know he doesn't love inefficiency.
Speaker 4: I said, well, have you met me?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean would you say that.
Speaker 3: That you don't love inefficiency?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 7: You know, that's the first thing I say, because I think when people, when people find out I work with you, they say, how does he do everything? Like that's like the biggest question. And I always say, he's the most efficient man I've ever met.
Speaker 4: And is that a pro or a con?
Speaker 5: I think it's a pro. I mean, how's that a con?
Speaker 4: I don't know. Some people don't like to be rushed. I mean, if I were an.
Speaker 5: Artist, doesn't efficient doesn't mean rushed.
Speaker 4: I couldn't be a painter, probably.
Speaker 3: He could. Like, you can't wait for the paint to dry, because then you get on to the next step.
Speaker 4: Brush in the paint to get to the.
Speaker 3: Cab and then you would ruin.
Speaker 7: You figure out a way to do like three houses at once, like you would paint one, then you go to the next one and the next one.
Speaker 2: Scale maybe a photography. Now, listen, this is about Marianna right now. So you know we've I'm just gonna set this up. We've got the studio, then there's the back room and two shows go on at the same time. One is broadcast, the others just between the back room when their mics aren't on. Marianna is in the back room, and this is fascinating's prompt season. I told you I made a prom call.
Speaker 3: Is not in high school?
Speaker 4: I know, But guys, would you just follow along pro call? What is happening?
Speaker 2: I did a prom follow up call to to make sure we would survive. Okay, anyway, I'm kind of glad they didn't have FaceTime prom calls when we were kids.
Speaker 3: A lot of things we were in high school, so.
Speaker 4: But Marianna, you got hit up by your old prom day?
Speaker 10: Yes, and everybody's gonna know who I'm talking about.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't know everybody went to school with you?
Speaker 11: Yes, he went to school with me?
Speaker 4: And can we look it up? Can we visual aid for this?
Speaker 11: Yeah, I'll show you guys.
Speaker 4: Figure.
Speaker 2: Did he hit you up because he was reflecting on the good time he had with you a prom during prom season?
Speaker 10: No, he just like reached out wanting to, you know, talk to me again, and he was just like, oh, how you been, and he wanted to take me out.
Speaker 11: So I agreed and we went out. It was cool.
Speaker 10: We just caught up and but he kind of confessed to me that he had always liked me and he wants to take me out again to a Laker game.
Speaker 3: Now, like during playoffs.
Speaker 2: But I said that the playoff season he liked you all these years, So good, good, good?
Speaker 4: What's the bad? There's no bad? Don't there's bad?
Speaker 11: Well, there's no bad.
Speaker 10: But then Tanya, actually I was telling Tanya and she had told me that.
Speaker 3: Whatever Tanya said, don't.
Speaker 2: Even You're supposed to be the positive.
Speaker 3: This is good advice.
Speaker 10: Yes, I think it's good advice because she was like, there's a pattern that you have and.
Speaker 4: It's a bad Every time you hear that word, it's bad news.
Speaker 7: She keeps going to people that she's known from the past. She's not letting herself explore anything new. And I think that that might be a.
Speaker 3: Game one. Lakers on the playoffs and let's go.
Speaker 11: Yeah, so I'm not sure. I don't know what to do.
Speaker 4: Well three Saturday night at crypto?
Speaker 8: Is that?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 4: Are you going?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I haven't decided, but he invited me and I just haven't told him.
Speaker 2: Can you Sistney and I, I think are saying the same thing in her head. Don't call Tanya for a week. This guy never going to make any progress.
Speaker 3: No, it's good. She has a point. I think you Maria.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, who gave the right advice last I'm Mariana.
Speaker 11: I can't remember.
Speaker 4: Probably all right.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm gonna look the guy up during the breaks here today. And I like it so far. I love the Laker dig in me.
Speaker 3: Too, because that's playoffs.
Speaker 1: Girl.
Speaker 2: Let's go keep us posted because generally this is great stuff.
Speaker 4: Generally so and we love it and we're living vicariously. We love it.
Speaker 11: Okay, I'll keep you guys updated.
Speaker 4: All right, Well she looks happy, guys, that's Marianna from the back room.
Speaker 3: I get it. First home game is game three, okay. I was excited for I was like, tonight, it's not here.
Speaker 4: I was more excited here, I am.
Speaker 3: I was like, can I come?
Speaker 4: And what's the backroom advising? Mikayla? What are you advising with this? Just so I'm clear, I.
Speaker 3: Would say just go for it and see.
Speaker 5: Why don't you ask collect what she thinks?
Speaker 4: No, we're good.
Speaker 3: In our group chat.
Speaker 5: I agree with Tanya.
Speaker 11: Yeah, you're not going to ask my bestie back there.
Speaker 2: So they say the best time to go to Disneyland to avoid the crowds is in September, right after schools start.
Speaker 3: That makes sense.
Speaker 4: Are you guys going today for the twins' birthday?
Speaker 3: No, we're not going today.
Speaker 4: Would you like tickets? I think you're ineligible?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I cannot go. We will give them out.
Speaker 2: So some days this month that you should avoid, They say Wednesdays, Fridays, Sundays starting May seventeenth because they're the grad nights, so you'll avoid huge crowds and uh, you know, rebellious activity. Perhaps if you skip those days.
Speaker 4: That's what's in the article.
Speaker 3: Let's it probably closed it early too, right.
Speaker 2: Well, bradnight fest tvy start at nine. Yeah, but they can pay actually access to the park that day.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It sounds like fun, but those are the that's what the you know, the insiders that know.
Speaker 4: The Disney rhythms say.
Speaker 3: Smart all right.
Speaker 4: Today's quote.
Speaker 2: Once you start loving yourself, people will no longer look good to you unless they are good for you. You can take it home, you can listen to it on demand again later, or you can get it on the website.
Speaker 1: Just FM headlines with siciny well.
Speaker 3: Hollywood writers are now set to strike today as talks between the Writer's Guild of America and of Alliance of Motion Pictures and Television Producers concluded yesterday without an agreement. This will be the first WGA strike in more than ten years, with more than eleven thousand television film writers expected to walk off the job. LA County's new Plastics Ordinance officially went into effect yesterday. That means if you are dining in a restaurant in incorporated areas of LA County, you should no longer see single use plastic foodwear or styroform. The ordinance also prohibits the sale or rental of single use coolers, packaging and plastic peanuts, and even pool toys. Food trucks will have an additional six months to comply. Serida Williams confirmed that she is expecting the baby number two yesterday evening at the star studded met Gala in New York. The pro China superstar is expecting her second baby with her husband Alexis o'hannian. The pair who went back in November of twenty seventeen already our parents two five year old daughter, Olympia. So the congratulations to them.
Speaker 1: On a on air with Ryan Seacrets, I.
Speaker 4: Gotta bottle water in my hand. I dropped it.
Speaker 2: It's spilt right into the console and into my lap.
Speaker 4: Good News Tubs top was on, Oh.
Speaker 3: Wow, the top was on, We're good.
Speaker 4: Then let it ruin any equipment this morning?
Speaker 2: So I have to say, just like a couple of things that might give you hope, right, it's there are great people everywhere, And is it weird that I feel a special bond when someone lets me in in traffic? I was on my way to the gym. It was bumper to bumper on Beverly Boulevard, and I need to make a left to cross two lanes of opposing traffic.
Speaker 4: Left. And then there's two people in the world.
Speaker 2: One crams you and doesn't let you turn when the traffic is stopped, and they just block you. And then there are others that that actually see you trying to get across the way and they wave you across the lane.
Speaker 3: They help you.
Speaker 2: I don't know who they were, but I like them and I felt good about the world in that stupid, simple moment. And so I just said to myself, you know, self, be that guy. Be that guy lets people in and wave to them. After I did a big thing Q wave like a parade.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, I always whenever somebody like thank them five times, I'm like, thank you, and.
Speaker 4: I'm saying it, but I'm not saying it. I'm like my mouth is saying it.
Speaker 2: So be that person lets people in in traffic, doesn't take much totally actually feels good.
Speaker 4: So Mark, you sent me this. Who do you know who it is? Jessica Osaka? I don't know her personally, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I didn't know of her before this.
Speaker 4: How'd you find this? I leave. Jen posted it in the group the group chat sent it to you, and so we should have. We should Yeah, let's play it.
Speaker 2: So Jessica is driving her grandma out to do errands, and her grandma looks fantastic and she's definitely got a lot of wisdom on earth, you know, like she's been here for a while. But it's o cue because she's drives taken her with her to go do the errands. And here's what they were saying.
Speaker 1: We're just gonna go run two quick errands.
Speaker 4: I'm going to Ryan, I'm want to, I want to.
Speaker 11: You want to see Ryan Seacrest?
Speaker 3: Yes, I don't know if he's going to be at the places we're going.
Speaker 1: You like Ryan Seacrest?
Speaker 4: My fair part is her shock? What who? You like that guy?
Speaker 2: But I guess she brought it up randomly as they were driving around doing a Yes and so, Mark, have we booked Grandma as a guest?
Speaker 4: Jessica's online seven right now?
Speaker 2: Jessica's here, great, Jessica losaka Jessica, It's Ryan Seacrest.
Speaker 4: Hi, I had the best.
Speaker 2: They sent me this video of you guys running errands, and it just made me smile. Your Grandma's so sweet.
Speaker 9: Yeah, she loves you well, she.
Speaker 4: Has very good taste.
Speaker 2: And I I also I love this shock on your face when you're like, wait, what who?
Speaker 9: It came out of nowhere? Because a lot of times she doesn't even remember like relative's name. So the fact that she was like, are you going to see Ryan Seacrest today?
Speaker 2: I was like, I almost felt bad that I was not going to be at the car wash when.
Speaker 9: You guys got there, we were looking for you.
Speaker 4: So you just take her out and just run her around sometimes.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Because so now that she has like pretty advanced dementia, she's home most of the time, So when I go over to visit, I like to take her out of the house and just kind of run errands with her where we don't have to get out of a car. And usually that entails like picking up food or goes to the car wash. So those are the activities I take my grandma on with me.
Speaker 4: And where do you guys live.
Speaker 9: We're in southern California, so we're like in a wittier so a little nice. Well, we know in La County, Orange County.
Speaker 2: We know where it is and we know it takes a full day to do errands anyway, So she I was just reading about.
Speaker 4: So she lived in the Philippines during World War Two.
Speaker 9: Yeah, she was born in the Philippines in nineteen thirty and she was there during like the Japanese occupation and her dad actually he passed away in a pow hospitals.
Speaker 4: Oh my god. Wow, she has seen some life. Huh.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 9: When I was in college, I actually I took this class where it was like interviewing your relative, So I chose my grandma and I got this whole oral history of her time going up during World War two in the Philippines. So yeah, and I actually recently found like the paper I wrote on her, and it's just it's very interesting to read.
Speaker 4: Wow, that's so fascinating. That's amaze.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm gonna send her a video to you, but she probably won't even know it's me.
Speaker 4: Maybe I don't.
Speaker 2: Know, but at least you can you can tell her next time it comes up that I have a message for her.
Speaker 9: Yeah, every buddy. So the reason why like your name even came up with because the night before my cousin was showing her videos of Ian telling me because like he's a big fan of him. Yeah. So the fact that she remembered the next day that she was watching videos of you the night before is like a pretty big deal.
Speaker 4: I'll try and get a video, maybe even with im, and we'll send it to you.
Speaker 9: Oh my god, that'd be so great.
Speaker 4: How was Coachelle? I see you went to Coachelle? Oh?
Speaker 9: Yeah, actually I just went to the Revolt party. I didn't go to actual.
Speaker 2: It's amazing how we can find out so much about strangers just by Instagram.
Speaker 9: I'm the Internet. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, Jessica, thank you so much for coming on. We'll send this video to you later.
Speaker 9: Okay, all right, thank you so much.
Speaker 4: Take care, nice to meet you.
Speaker 6: Bye bye bye.
Speaker 4: That's a good grand tele Yeah.
Speaker 2: That really is clouds this morning, sunshine breaking through later highs in the low sixth these rain coming tomorrow night. I don't know if you've noticed, but because of the weather, I've kind of worn the same thing every day. I keep putting on the same sweatshirt, hoodie because this weather has made me feel that.
Speaker 3: Way, just a little gloomy, Just a little.
Speaker 4: Gloomy and a little cold.
Speaker 3: Sweats are amazing.
Speaker 4: I love them.
Speaker 2: I love sweats and pillows. Pillows don't don't not give pillows their due. Yeah, like pillows are important to you.
Speaker 3: Walk around with your pillows.
Speaker 4: I do want to.
Speaker 2: Well, if I have to go somewhere else, if I have to spend the night at a Buddies, I bring my pillow.
Speaker 3: I'm sure he do, do you really?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: He does, Yes, he does.
Speaker 4: I bring my pillow. Sure. I bring my pillow everywhere.
Speaker 2: That's why he's lost it and left temper petic pillow. Remember I left my temper pedic pillow in Vegas. Yeah, at the iet Radio Music Festival. I mean that was tragic. Didn't sleep for days.
Speaker 3: You need to put like a colored pillowcase on it so you don't forget it.
Speaker 4: That's a good idea. But would that color keep me awake at night?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 7: You should get like a draw string on it so that you can like drawstring it to your like suitcase or your bag exposed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, now you don't see that in the air. I don't want my pen.
Speaker 3: The elements are like touching.
Speaker 5: Your where you put it inside a bag?
Speaker 2: Yeah, put in my suitcase. It's not huge, it's temper pedic. It's like firm. It's a square, firm pillow, but sweats and pillows. I mean, let's give him some love. Now it's time for a second date update. And then I got those dogs your tickets. It is Tuesday, but we're celebrating Aza Maxim's birthday today, five years old.
Speaker 3: Crazy and you predicted You predicted their due date.
Speaker 4: It's one of the many things that I've done in the world.
Speaker 3: Of predictions, which is crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well maybe the only one, all right. So, dear Ryan in siciny is from Ruben and Carson. I met this woman at a friend's wedding. We didn't talk a lot that night, but I definitely remembered her. So when my friend said she wanted she want to go out with me and sent me your number, I was excited. We had dinner and drinks and I thought it went great. But I asked her out again and she literally said, it's very nice of you to ask, but no, thank you.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: So Ruben's on the line with this. Now, Ruben, do you recall anything that went wrong during the dinner and drinks? Why would she say no thank you so clearly?
Speaker 6: Uh? I don't. I don't know. That's what I'm trying to figure out. I don't know. Ever since, like you know, pandemic people don't communicate as well. So I don't know. I'm trying not to make assumptions, but I want to know because i'd like to see her again.
Speaker 2: But it's a real about face to reach out to you. You go out with her and now she's totally disinterested.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, because she asked me out. So that's what I'm like tripping about.
Speaker 9: Like what.
Speaker 6: She was.
Speaker 3: So she was the maid of honor at the wedding? What were you at the wedding?
Speaker 6: I wasn't shirt. It's I don't know. I I guess, yes.
Speaker 3: That's a great way to put it.
Speaker 4: Is the usher You did make the wedding party, but you got an honorable mention.
Speaker 6: But it was so much fun. And it was fun because it's my friend, and also even better because you know, a meeting Savannah was really nice and you know, I felt like we had a connection. I you know, I made sure. I was like, I'm just gonna let her know that I think that she looks good and she's very attractive, and you know, she seemed receptive to it. But I didn't want to, like, you know, I didn't have the I don't know, I had some fear about just asking her out there.
Speaker 2: Okay, hold tight, we got her number and we're going to try and get her on the phone. We're going to talk to her about this while you listen and hang on. Okay, Okay, it's kind of confusing, right, what do you mean, well, what went so wrong? If he has no clue and she did a total one eighty.
Speaker 3: Maybe as halatosis, that's a random thing to bring up. It happened to me once.
Speaker 4: I mean, it can be bad. I mean there's little things trigger right.
Speaker 3: It could be a deal breaker, gives you the ick.
Speaker 4: So we're in a second date update.
Speaker 2: Now, Ruben goes to his friend's wedding and there's a woman there that he you know, meets uh and then she says to the friends, I'd like that guy. I want to go out with him. He gets the number, they trade, they go out, they have dinner, they have drinks, and he wants to go out again, like he's into it. And then she says, had to thanks again for the dinner and drinks, but no thank you for a second date.
Speaker 4: So what happened?
Speaker 2: What happened on the day, like to not know is no clue? Let me ask Ruben one more thing here, Ruben.
Speaker 4: Good news.
Speaker 2: I think savannahs agreed to go on the air with us. We're going to do it in a second. She's on the other line. Have you talked to your friend who got married about this? Maybe Savannah told her what went wrong?
Speaker 6: I mean, I asked her and I don't. She says, you don't know anything about it. She didn't that. Savanta didn't say anything. But I don't.
Speaker 4: No, hold on, hold on, let me get this, Savan. I don't want to hang up. Ruben.
Speaker 2: Be very quiet. We're going to talk to you right now. Okay, hold on, Savannah, thank you so much for holding on.
Speaker 4: How are you?
Speaker 12: I'm good.
Speaker 4: How are you doing well? Thank you? Ryan Seacresis and Tanya. You're on the air with us. Hi, good morning at KISFM. I appreciate you green to do so.
Speaker 2: So, just to jump into it a little random, but we're calling about a guy named Ruben. You met, Yes, What do you think when I say Ruben?
Speaker 4: What comes to mind?
Speaker 12: Well, I went on a date with him the other day, so I guess that's what comes to life.
Speaker 3: How'd it go?
Speaker 1: It was?
Speaker 12: I mean, it was fine, I guess why so.
Speaker 4: Did you you as we understand it.
Speaker 2: You kind of liked him, and then he asked you out, and you guys went out, and then he wanted to ask you out again, and you weren't into it.
Speaker 12: Yeah, that's that's correct.
Speaker 4: So why weren't you into the second date?
Speaker 12: Well, it was nothing against him.
Speaker 4: He was.
Speaker 12: I mean, he was a really nice guy. But he's just not who I thought he was. How so, well, like, literally, he's not who I thought he was.
Speaker 4: He's not who you thought.
Speaker 2: Oh so you met him at the wedding, but it wasn't him you were talking about that you wanted to go out with, Like when.
Speaker 3: You agreed to go out on the day, you thought it was somebody to guy.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 12: So my friend Lesley got married and then she asked me if I remember her friend Rubin from her wedding. OK, And I was like yeah, and she was like, well, he thinks you're hot, and I said cool, we'll give him my number, and so she did, and I just thought she met someone else because when I got to the restaurant, I did not recognize him at all.
Speaker 4: Oh, so I gotta tell you that happened to me once.
Speaker 3: I feel like it's kind of happened.
Speaker 4: Well, general, I'll.
Speaker 2: Use the name Rose, but I whatever. I was texting Rose to go out with Rose, and texting for like three days and like having fun texts, just cute, you know, like, and then I said, well, let's have dinner on Saturday night. And then Rose met me at the restaurant and it wasn't Rose. But I didn't know what to say, so I had sat through it.
Speaker 3: So that's what you did, Savannah, You sat through the date.
Speaker 4: I mean, what are you going to do? Say? Oh, wrong, Rose? I wrong Ruben?
Speaker 12: Yeah, I mean yeah right.
Speaker 4: So, oh my gosh, well I I don't.
Speaker 2: Want to tell you this, Okay, Ruben is listening to all of oh my god, cringe and I I'm sorry that we're at this place. So she just got confused. It was a case of the wrong guy, Ruben.
Speaker 3: But who did you think he was? Yeah?
Speaker 12: It was? I mean, well there was there was another guy name.
Speaker 4: Well, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: This is not important right now. Yeah, that's not right, it's not important. I think the good news is here, Reuben. You did nothing wrong.
Speaker 6: I don't know. I guess I was the wrong guy.
Speaker 4: But wouldn't you rather mean the wrong guy than the guy that went wrong?
Speaker 3: What say it again? Say it again?
Speaker 6: I don't know. I don't understand that question. I'm too upset.
Speaker 3: Yea, his feelings are hurt.
Speaker 6: It's like I wish you would have said something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, why didn't you say something right out the gates Savannah? Like why don't you do it? Credit there? Like, oh my god, I mean, I don't know, because how do you say that. I'm talking it out and realizing, no, it's done.
Speaker 4: He can't you just I mean, to.
Speaker 12: Be honest, I just really didn't. I just really don't want to hurt his feelings because I mean, he was a nice guy. He just he literally wasn't what.
Speaker 2: He wasn't a person the whole individual you were expecting, which it. This is just an honest mistake, that's all it is. Nobody did anything wrong. That's great. This is a very good second.
Speaker 3: Except for Reuben was still into Savannah. That was not a mistake. He still liked her.
Speaker 2: But remember, Ruben, you didn't really talk to her at the wedding. You said, so you were like, oh, yeah, I remembered her, but it wasn't like you spent quality time with her.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: I just think that what I say earlier, wouldn't you rather be the wrong guy than the guy that went wrong?
Speaker 4: I think so that maybe the.
Speaker 5: Quote of the day tomorrow honestly, Okay, okay, yeah, that's fine, all right.
Speaker 2: Bro, Well listen, Savannah Rubin. I do appreciate you guys talking with this on it and good luck to both of.
Speaker 4: You all right by bye bye. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think that we would all do the same thing. You'd sit through it politely, and maybe it goes the right way. Who knows, right, that's what I.
Speaker 3: Was maybe hoping for, you know, maybe she thought, Okay, let's just give it a try and see if it goes right.
Speaker 7: I think I would address it in the very beginning, though, I'd be like, oh my gosh, I totally mixed you up with somebody else. This is so funny, and I would stay and I would continue the day.
Speaker 2: But I find the best way to do it. But I don't think I would have the courage to Yeah, you have to.
Speaker 3: Be honest up front and then the whole days alive.
Speaker 7: I did this with Rose White Staffy.
Speaker 1: On air with Ryan Seacrest.
Speaker 4: It's Ryan Seacrets with you, cisanin, Tanya and Tubbs in the back. Room.
Speaker 2: Everybody's here. Yeah, so we are going to play this game. It's called Disney Character or.
Speaker 1: I shan't.
Speaker 4: Okay, now you like it?
Speaker 3: Back room is really into it.
Speaker 4: Well, they appreciate good fun. This is good fun.
Speaker 3: Let's get into it.
Speaker 2: Let's see cynicism around here when it comes to games. Just because the match games your favorite, doesn't mean other games can't play along.
Speaker 5: That's true.
Speaker 2: So let me grab Nira, Nira, Montabello, Nira, good morning, how are you?
Speaker 9: I am doing great.
Speaker 4: That is nice. Good to have you on. So Narra, tell us about yourself.
Speaker 8: I am a forrest from Montabello.
Speaker 1: Your floresta, I'm a forest.
Speaker 9: I own a little flower shop here in Montabello.
Speaker 4: Do you know my favorite flower is sunflower?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 12: Really?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I thought it was an orchid.
Speaker 4: Not only I send you as a gift.
Speaker 9: No, it's not.
Speaker 3: You said that you like an orchid.
Speaker 4: Didn't you get one as a gift?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 4: Whatever? No, Oh, next quest.
Speaker 2: I like the orchid, but my favorite is a sunflower. It makes me really happy.
Speaker 3: That's my sister's favorite.
Speaker 4: That is new.
Speaker 3: He's never said that before ever. He's always said his favorite flowers an orchid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we gave him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, haven't you noticed, no, no, no room for growth, Nira. When are some flowers in season?
Speaker 11: They are always available.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's what I need to know.
Speaker 3: You would know they is their favorite flower.
Speaker 4: I just fell in love with them the other day I saw there.
Speaker 2: All right, listen, I got a four pack to Disneyland, and all you gotta do to win them is play Disney character or AI chatbot.
Speaker 4: So here we go.
Speaker 2: We've been talking about this chat GPT lately. It's an online chatbot that can answer crazy questions. It can help you with your homemark blah blah blah. But it's not the only one. They're popping up everywhere. So I'm gonna give you a word, and you tell me if it's a Disney character from a Disney movie, or if it's the name of a currently active AI chat bot.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, gotta get free right before you get three wrong.
Speaker 2: The first one is Niva Niva Disney character or AI chatbot.
Speaker 3: AI chatbot.
Speaker 4: That is correct, congratulations.
Speaker 2: Next one chatter Chatter Disney character or AI chatbot.
Speaker 4: AI chatbot Disney character.
Speaker 2: It's the toy telephone in the Toy Story movies. That's all right, you're still in it one one now morph morph Disney character or Ai Chapbot.
Speaker 4: Morph morph.
Speaker 9: So I'm confused.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna say Disney character.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 8: You got a.
Speaker 2: Pink blob of space goo in the movie Treasure Plan for the Wind for the wind Lama Lama Disney character or Chatbot Loma Lama.
Speaker 1: Disney character.
Speaker 2: No, it's a chat bot right, So you gotta get this one right to win the four pack to Disneyland replica replica AI chatbotter Disney.
Speaker 4: Character replica.
Speaker 9: AI chat Bott.
Speaker 2: Nira, Yes, that is correct, little stress. The Lama in Emperor's New grou is named kudsco Oh.
Speaker 9: Confusing.
Speaker 6: That was confusing, all right.
Speaker 2: Naira, thank you for listening, Thank you for playing, and I love sumplow. All right, we play the game what's my favorite flower?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 4: You know this name?
Speaker 6: Tom?
Speaker 3: I know, but it's gonna be something different next week.
Speaker 4: I don't think so, we'll see. I don't think so. I wasn't sure how Tuesday was going to shape up.
Speaker 2: Then we got here and Systney said she's celebrating the twins fifth birthday. A couple of cakes coming their way and equal celebration for both very exciting. And you get the family and the friends. You got balloons with helium in them? Do you let the kids suck the helium?
Speaker 3: No good, I'm not yet at least I don't even think they know that they could do that. It'd be funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, today's National Concert Day, Wow and Lakers Warriors game one tonight at seven.
Speaker 3: Let's go Lakers.
Speaker 2: So interestingly, Jeffrey Tubbs or engineer started to put his headphones on.
Speaker 4: Is that because of what we're about to talk about here?
Speaker 1: I don't know? Well?
Speaker 3: How tall is tubs?
Speaker 4: Tubs? How tall are you?
Speaker 2: Five?
Speaker 4: Ten? Were the same height? We did this measurement every How many years have we done this? Every year? We met every check my license, bro okay, whatever, whatever.
Speaker 3: Okay, if you're five to ten, I.
Speaker 4: Believe you measure meats.
Speaker 3: I thought you were five eight.
Speaker 4: That's wikipedia. Did we do the measurement on air mark?
Speaker 5: We did do measurements?
Speaker 4: We did, but yeah we did, and what were the results. Let me look into that. I don't remember.
Speaker 3: Pull the tape.
Speaker 4: We have to measure again.
Speaker 3: Then, so you're only two inches shorter than Michael he's six foot.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, okay, I mean next time, I'm with him, back him up. I'll stand right against his back and we'll measure it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you did that with Robbie back to back exactly five nine, So then we've done this before. And then were they the same hYP so then you were five to nine. Anyways, there are men paying big bucks to be taller. It's a surgery that's kind of getting a lot of popularity right now. And I saw this the other day. And this guy Alex, for example, he's five seven. He paid one hundred thousand dollars to get this surgery to get three inches. What they do is they put they basically stretch your legs. It's like an incision. It's a four hour surgery. It's kind of crazy. They cut into your thigh bones each leg, inserting like this rod inside of them, and then every day it stretched like a millimeter like for the next three or four months, and with an external remote control. And then by the time it's all done, I know, this is wild.
Speaker 4: They TV clicker you.
Speaker 3: Up essentially, and then new bone grows over the rods, over the rods. Yeah, and it's been gaining a lot of popularity. And then I was like, it wasn't just this guy. Then I started researching more and more and there's like other men that have done this. This other guy went and did it. He was five to five. He went in to become five to eight and then went back to get two more in just to become five to ten. That guy spent over one hundred and seventy thousand dollars to get the surgeries.
Speaker 7: They did this in Gray's Anatomy like back in the day. This was like early days Grades anatomy, and it did not go well.
Speaker 3: Well, it's it's not new stuff either, like apparently they have been doing this for years, but now because of social media and stuff, it's it's getting more popularity because people are posting about it.
Speaker 2: Doesn't sound like it's good for your body, right, your body is made to be a certain height, then everything else is like for that height.
Speaker 4: I don't know. But also, did one question have dude, whatever their names are, are you Alex? Are you happier? Is life better? Can you still run? Can you walk? Do you get pain?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 4: Well, are you happier? Did it make a difference?
Speaker 3: I mean, we should maybe try to interview one of these guys. I would love that what it would read because that would be the next question. Apparently it is very painful. Well, first of all, I hear it's very painful, and yes, the recovery probably takes forever. And those are probably the follow up questions like how can you walk better? When? How long is it take to run?
Speaker 4: Are you happier? Like did it change your life?
Speaker 3: I think mentally that is the issue for them. These were these were huge issues that like I was like getting into like the weeds of like the articles and stuff. And they were saying that they had for them, like being that short had a mental thing, Like it was like they hated being called that short. It they always felt like they're being talked down to, and having those few inches gave them the confidence, gave them that what they needed for their mental state. I mean, you know, I think it's I am all for what makes you comfortable. Look, my dad is five to five, and I find him to be the most confident man that I know. I think it just matters, like how you like who you are and the way your upbringing was. You know, It's like for him, maybe these guys were they were bullying a young age or like whatever it was, and that's like what triggers them and they can't. They can't snap it, they can't shake it.
Speaker 2: See I just there are days where I'll see a tall guy and he knows he's tall, and he looks at me like he knows he's tall, and I look at him like I know he's tall, and I get a little frustrated. But not everybody acts like that. You know, it's tall, We see you. You don't have to look at us, do you see me?
Speaker 7: We also when you're really tall. I worked out next to this like eight foot guy the other day and he was sweating all over everybody in class because he's so tall.
Speaker 3: It was just like kind of falling on the seat.
Speaker 4: He's really tall.
Speaker 7: I mean he wasn't really, but he was really really tall. At least when you're short, your sweat just like goes on the floor.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, let's come up with the pros of shortness.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly. Everyone has their challenge exactly.
Speaker 4: All right, So am I supposed to like myself better or worse? Right?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 4: What do you mean after this?
Speaker 3: Just the way you're five to ten?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 4: Well, am I tubs met tubs.
Speaker 2: We measured you in December twenty twenty, and you're between if you were like five nine and a half.
Speaker 4: Okay, round up, and we have the audio of that.
Speaker 13: It's kind of between sixty nine and seventy inches.
Speaker 3: Does you do math?
Speaker 13: It just shows inches. It didn't show feet, does it?
Speaker 4: Would you do?
Speaker 1: I don't know. For the love of God, many.
Speaker 4: Sixty on five.
Speaker 13: Seven sixty nine inches? Hold on, Hold on now that says sixty eight.
Speaker 4: I bent it. I bent it?
Speaker 1: Well you bent it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, eight is five eight? Who he measured me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a lot of work to prove your height around here. So wait, I was five eight, he was five nine and a half.
Speaker 4: No, you're just measuring you.
Speaker 3: You were five nine and a half until you bought the thing, until you bent it?
Speaker 4: Wait what did I bend it?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 4: Beckume or what did I bend it?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: I think you bend it actually on your actual hair? And then the five eight.
Speaker 2: I don't agree with that. That does not sound plausible. So Jenna is saying that, Hi Jenna, thanks for calling into the show.
Speaker 1: Here.
Speaker 4: You're saying you stuck your neck out for your cousin for something.
Speaker 8: Yes, I did, well, I did not know. So I am a teacher, so is my cousin and I am for the past. I mean it's been years and years. Every summer I am a counselor at a camp in my area. It's like a day camp, and it's really great. Obviously, again, I've been there for years, so I've become really close with the staff and the people who run it. My cousin again, who's also a teacher, was looking to do something sort of like that and we have an opening, and so I suggested she apply. She was all for it, she was super excited about it. I went to the camp director and asked if my cousin could apply an interview. They said absolutely. Her resume is also wonderful, so they were super excited actually to have for come be with us. So I told my cousin, you know, look out for a call or an email, because an interviews come in your way, probably after they looked over your resume. And she got back to me saying ultimately she actually didn't think that she wanted to do it, and she's not going to take the job or the interview or anything like that. So I'm like really annoyed about it. Again, I stuck my neck out for her, and she kind of is just ignoring that fact, and it's just totally shutting it down.
Speaker 2: Do you know this is a risk, but it's kind of one you take, you know, because I think about you've helped a friend, or you set up a friend, or you do what you did, and there's a likelihood it could go wrong. And I feel like you just got to know going in it's family and yeah it's not great. But would you rather have not helped her out?
Speaker 8: No, I mean it's true. I definitely would have still helped her out. I just don't know like how open I should be with her about how annoyed I am and like to kind of have our understand life, right.
Speaker 2: I think it's hard to say, hey, just so you know, you know, going forward, this is the situation. I really went to bat for you, and now it's put me in a little awkward situation or I'm a little uncomfortable. I love you, your family, but I just want you to have the awareness that this is a little tricky for me.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's also true. I hope she's receptive to it.
Speaker 2: That is family, and I have people that will call me and say, could you help out this family member of theirs, and you do it, and sometimes it goes wrong.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it's like, come on, bro.
Speaker 3: I think it's one of those situations where it's like, for me once, shame on you. For me twice, shame on me. So it's like, give her the past, say something, say your piece, but don't completely shut her out for this and ruin your relationship. But just be aware of the next time that there's a favor or something where you're gonna have to stick your neck out again for her.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 8: That's also really true. That's really good.
Speaker 4: Advice, Jenna.
Speaker 2: It's a situation a lot of people can relate to. Thanks for reaching out to us. Thank you guys, You're very welcome.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: I sometimes you're in situations where you know, when someone needs to borrow something or whatever, you kind of sometimes just say to yourself, I know I'm parting with that, or I.
Speaker 4: Know that's not coming back, Like I'm never going to get this back. I'm never going to see that again. And I just have to be at piece with that when I when I let.
Speaker 3: Growing, people are like that, but people are people down. I have sweatshirts and stuff like that. I know, I'm like, if I give that to this.
Speaker 4: Friend, it's never for sure, but you kind of know and you just don't defriend, but you do realize and you know who you are.
Speaker 3: If you're listening to this and you still have sho.
Speaker 2: That's not fun to be the person where somebody says you know who you are. No, we got clouds, sun, We've got a little bit of everything. Still cool, got more rain coming. Forecast is not looked. That graphic that I see on ABC seven in the morning not a great graphic. Okay, So this was last week. We had a few calls asking if the behavior of the guy they were dating is a red flag. I think we get a lot of like, hey, you know, I just are you guys talking about dating on the show And I've listened a long time, and I hear Ryan's roses and I'm just curious this happened with somebody I went out with. Is it a red flaggersh I look past it, and we generally or I generally give out advice I can't take.
Speaker 4: That's kind of what I do. Like sometimes I hear myself talk and say, well, why can't you do that? It's just I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's the way the world is fear much easier said than done. And Tanya said, fear.
Speaker 3: That's like that for everybody though.
Speaker 5: Yeah, fear is what stops most of us from many things.
Speaker 4: And maybe this show is just a bunch of fear.
Speaker 2: That's why we're here because all the fear we have on the outside, we get it all out of here, real tough here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, fear over there.
Speaker 2: Scared across the street, but all across the street on the air, right, I guess. One caller said he said he would pay for dinner, but that she should leave the tip on a date that he asked her out to.
Speaker 4: Yeah, last week right when.
Speaker 2: Was a bad texter didn't kiss at the end of the day. So we're like, you know what, we need a fun red flag sound effect, right, So we tried this one. It's a little too it takes too long. We tried this one, but this is bad. It's gonna sound like something blows up. So I'm gonna play it. And that got a lot of people using the red microphone on the talkback button on our kiss event page inside iHeartRadio.
Speaker 14: Can you please never use that sound for red flag ever?
Speaker 6: Again?
Speaker 14: It's like from the eighties. It just seems so old, like there has to be so many new sounds or like something cool you could do for her red flag, like maybe go on TikTok and look, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, you're right, yeah, And I'm embarrassed that we even tried those. Here's another talkback call. Good morning, guys.
Speaker 3: I just wanted to tell you that the red flag sound should be like an alarm kind of something like.
Speaker 4: This is the greatest feature ever invented.
Speaker 3: This my feedback.
Speaker 4: You can call and say anything gets right to us.
Speaker 2: All right, So here are some options. I need talk back feedback on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: That's a lot. I don't mind it, Okay, I don't hate it.
Speaker 13: All right.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to picture it like in the moment of like a red flag.
Speaker 4: I'm picturing in it as the video in.
Speaker 3: It's very video gaming.
Speaker 4: It's a chumper. Here's another red flag possibility.
Speaker 2: Dive dive.
Speaker 3: No, I don't like like words.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, what about this one red flag?
Speaker 1: That is?
Speaker 3: I like that one.
Speaker 2: That one's very so cliche. It's too easy, it's too obvious. But I kind of like, I didn't even try, but we did try, but we really didn't, but we did.
Speaker 4: Well, what did you do? I don't know did you put did you go out record the whistle?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: The park have them while they're on the board for you.
Speaker 4: Let's see, here's another one. Is it too long?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Me me, Webb.
Speaker 3: I think we just need the Red Flags Flag Park.
Speaker 7: That's it.
Speaker 4: That's mark. Let's see if Nick can just cut down to the Red Flags Park.
Speaker 5: Right, it's so on brand for us.
Speaker 4: It's much better than That's better because guy in Thousand.
Speaker 2: Oaks, please never use that.
Speaker 4: Ever again.
Speaker 2: You're right, and please tell me your names when you talk about I kind of want to hang out with you. Yeah, anybody's not honest, and just like guys I don't know you, but please stop, I love them. So you want to just do the training playing fifty minutes of NonStop kiss lined up. I've got more Dodger tickets. But you said that Katie Perry had a real post on Instagram that you just loved.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I.
Speaker 7: Feel like when you're scrolling through Instagram, it's really easy to see.
Speaker 5: Like a lot of fluff. You know, like you're the love of my life.
Speaker 7: I love when you wake me up with rose petals, and like you see all of that on Instagram And Katy Perry really kept it real in this post, and I just loved it because she kind of equated being in a relationship to fighting. And so Katy Perry and Orlando Bloom have been dating since twenty sixteen, so they've been together for seven years now, and she posted this caption with a series of photos of her in Orlando. She said, find yourself a partner that will go to the mat with you and get back up every time.
Speaker 5: I love you, my fighter, Orlando Bloom.
Speaker 7: And I love that she did that because I just feel like it is, you know, like being in a relationship is a commitment to commitment, and I think that's kind of what it is at the end of the day, because compromising isn't easy for anybody to do. And so I don't know, I just feel like I like that Katie Perry keeps it real, like this isn't the first time she's done this too, she did it one other time before, and just talking about how it is a choice and you make it every day, and I don't know, just really struck a chord with me.
Speaker 2: Have you had that ever before in a relationship, Tanya, No, I don't think i've ever.
Speaker 7: I've never been in such a serious, committed relationship. But I also think too, the longer that you're single, the harder it is to be in a relationship because you're so used to doing things your way, on your time when you want to.
Speaker 2: You've become a little selfish, and you've become un well, difficult to change.
Speaker 7: Adaptable, less adaptable, And I think being in a relationship is being able to be adaptable. So yeah, it's been like a lot of like kind of growing through that together. And so yeah, I've never seen what's.
Speaker 4: Your perspective on it, be married for so many years.
Speaker 3: I think it's super important to be able to have your arguments and still be but have worked through them. And I don't I don't think it's a being in a relationship and bottling stuff up inside is the answer. And people that say like, oh, we never fight, I'm just like I question those people.
Speaker 4: I was like, you should trust them.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm like, you should let it out because maybe one of the one of the two just always concedes, And.
Speaker 2: I just don't think that's How about people that like, every time you're with them, they go on and on about how great their relationship and their partner is. It's like, okay, guy, Like, I mean at some point I don't trust you, Like it's too much. It can't be that rosy and.
Speaker 3: That sunflowery every single day, right.
Speaker 4: Can it. I mean maybe it can, but I start to not trust you.
Speaker 3: It definitely can be in the in the beginning, but eventually reality hits.
Speaker 4: So just be aware of these good Yeah, we got it.
Speaker 2: It's all happy for a red flag. But you know what we're talking about when we play, so lock it.
Speaker 1: This show makes progress on air on air with Ryan Seacrest, we.
Speaker 4: Are going to roll out Cisney. What's coming up after ten?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna have tickets for you, actually, a four pack of tickets to go to a wild Rivers water park.
Speaker 4: Right, Tanya, what's coming up after ten for you?
Speaker 7: I'm gonna do scrubbing in. Tune in scrubbing in with Becca Tilly and Tanya rad.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow We're back at you early in the morning with more of those Disneyland tickets and whatever else comes together.
Speaker 4: I'd tell them, have a great day, guys, keep it on.
Speaker 1: Kissing, keep it up room.
Speaker 4: Good Bye, Tony, still sit be the same Shi literally all morning. It's bye.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening to on Air with Ryan Seacrest. Make sure to subscribe, and we'll talk to you again tomorrow.