Speaker 1: Hey, guys, Saga and Crystal here.
Speaker 2: Independent media just played a truly massive role in this election, and we are so excited about what that means for the future of the show.
Speaker 3: This is the only place where you can find honest perspectives from the left and the right that simply does not exist anywhere else.
Speaker 2: So if that is something that's important to you, please go to Breakingpoints dot com. Become a member today and you'll get access to our full shows, unedited, ad free, and all put together for you every morning in your inbox.
Speaker 3: We need your help to build the future of independent news media and we hope to see you at Breakingpoints dot com.
Speaker 4: Peter Thiel's tech company Palenteer is becoming an increasing part of our politics.
Speaker 1: We can put up b one here.
Speaker 4: Laura Lomer, friend of the show here, has been met with Jabe Vance in the uh I guess the White House Complex last week last Tuesday, and now is saying it's time to deplore the time to deploy uh Palenteer tech to Los Angeles to deal with the illegals. You know you'd love to see it. You're lying if you say you want, wouldn't, which raise a lot of speculation about how central Palenteer is becoming to this administration's plans UH coming on the heels of this UH contract that volunteer is getting SAGA in order to kind of basically pull together information from across different agencies Social Security, I, R S, DHS, making it all searchable in one place, presumably also then able to combine it with all of the private data that Pollenteer has been able to collect, which is the which is the big problem. It has broken through to the kind of public podcast space, which is kind of one way you can gauge whether or not an issue is kind of resonating beyond just us chirping heads here inside the Beltway. Tim Dillon spoke about this recently, as did THEO Vaughn when he had Jade Vance on.
Speaker 1: Let's start with Tim Dillon here.
Speaker 5: You have not one reservation about what's going on over there. I'm not saying, I'm not saying you have to feel one way or another way. But if you don't have any reserve, if you have no reservations about what's happening with all these kids getting killed, if I don't know, I can't trust you. If you don't have any reservations about Palenteer taking everyone's information.
Speaker 6: I I don't know. I can't. I don't know if I can trust to you, I don't. I think they're buying people left and right. This is my gas. They tried it by me, my pussy couss.
Speaker 1: A lot of money.
Speaker 5: I get invited to these dinners, I don't go. I've been invited to Teale's house multiple times for dinner.
Speaker 6: I don't go. It's no shade at them or whatever. You know.
Speaker 5: The reason I don't go is I know I remember one dinner the like we'd like to discuss the media. I go, what, No, thanks. But I've been to some of these places. I've sat in these houses in Austin with these tech people, and I know what they want, and I know what they want me to go out and cheerlead for and say, well, it's actually a great idea, and there's probably a lot of money in it. There's probably a lot of money, and I just can't do it. So my prediction, and I'm not I don't want to name names because I don't know, but my prediction is you're gonna see a lot of people over the next six months start thinking this lists a great idea, they're gonna start telling you how great this is and how it's about terrorism.
Speaker 6: That's the way that'll talk.
Speaker 5: Go Well, it's a terrrit Have you heard it's terrorism going on?
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: As as I said, he is the George Carlin of our time, I do actually think we should spend some time on this Paletiner think I really haven't been able to dig into it. So I know you guys covered it while it was out. What exactly so there's a contract between the Trump administration Palenteer. Yeah, basically it's to use the Pollenteer like connective software.
Speaker 1: Boundary the foundry.
Speaker 4: To Tim Dillon said, it sounds like you're getting like, you know, some like like.
Speaker 1: Like fair trade coffee.
Speaker 3: That's true, actually does that as a fair trade coffee fanatic, That definitely is something that it does.
Speaker 1: It is like some new age coffee shop in Brooklyn.
Speaker 4: But it's actually an opticon omni coon opticon.
Speaker 3: So the question here is like what so is the what is the purpose of the quote unquote Pollunteer database. It's just to compile all of this data and make it more searchable for law enforcement authorities. Like what is even the ostensible like justification by the investry. That was jd Vance's argument.
Speaker 4: We could play a little bit of him on THEO Vaughn who pressed him on it. Jd Vance's argument was, Look, the government already has all this data on you. In fact, government created some of it. They made your they made your solid security number, the government. You pay your taxes to the government. Critically, what's really driving it is an effort to connect I think criminal records, uh, tax records, social security numbers, and immigration records because they and what they really want to do is figure out people who are here illegally but filing taxes and figure out who they are and then go and deport them.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: Interestingly, that like drains, the are this golden goose. Like the way that this two tier you know, society that we have going operates is that people who are here illegally in general pay taxes, but because they're here illegally, they can't get benefits. It flips the whole thing, It flips the whole thing on its head, that they're here.
Speaker 1: I mean, can you ever been to an er room?
Speaker 3: How many but what percent of a er in Los Angeles is illegal getting free helthcare?
Speaker 4: I'm very little because because they can get it because they can get medicaid there.
Speaker 1: They can get medicaid there. My point is is that is look, the idea that they're not.
Speaker 3: Consuming any tax prayer resource is insane, Like that's this is just not true.
Speaker 4: But I mean, I think more importantly, it's just wrong to have a two tier system.
Speaker 1: Okay, sure, yeah, but it needs so it's two ways to accomplish that.
Speaker 4: That's basically it seems like what's going on here. They're trying to just connect. They're trying to connect everything and make it immediately searchable. But so THEO Vonn pressed Jadi Vance about what what does JD Vance owe Peter tele because of all of the money that Peter Teele invested in his in his campaign or I guess two campaigns. I guess only one really he didn't really kick in and the second one did he.
Speaker 3: On the present president I don't remember, doesn't matter. I think he did end up donating to the Trump not as much as he And so let's roll a little bit of JD Jad and theovon here.
Speaker 8: It costs a lot of money to run for office, and you got to go and raise money. Yeah, but I think that if your attitude is I owe something of these people gave me money, then you're going to end up being corrupted. And you've got to kind of take the attitude of their supporting me because they agree with me, and obviously, like you have conversations with him, Like you mentioned Peter Til, I see a lot of crazy stuff on the internet about Peter Tile. Like, you know, he's always been a friend of mine. He's always been one of the smartest people I've ever met. Just a very thoughtful dude. But he's literally never asked me once for anything. So he just believed in you. He believed in me. He agreed with me on a lot of issues. I mean, he definitely has like said, hey, I don't agree with you on this, but he's never said I don't agree with you on this, therefore you should vote differently, you act differently.
Speaker 4: And so in that same interview, he also THEO Von's like this, this is kind of gross, this whole database thing, and the way that JD kind of plays it off is all we're doing is connecting data that we already have, and that the bigger problem is the private corporate collection of data. What THEOVAN could have responded with is then maybe having a giant corporation come in and do it for the government is not the best way to shrink the amount of access to data, private private data that corporation.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think what the major objection you're on the paletiner thing ought to be at the very least is Look, yeah, I think I support deborder, okay, if it makes it easier to deportay. But when you have a database, I mean, we saw this with the Patriot Act, you know, we saw this with a lot of things. And yes, just because the government has it and it's decentralized, isn't necessarily a bad thing for all of us. Like you know, having basically AI automated things in government databases is really bad. In fact, the vast majority of the audits that are initiated by the i r s are automatic by software, and they're predominantly against people who are lower income. And that's one of the ways that we have seen, you know, some of this AI stuff that's let's say, whenever it's deployed in healthcare companies, it automatically shoots down like claims right at you know, use and often actually does it incorrectly. And so that's one of the major worries about all of this, I mean, on the Peter Teal discussion, I'm going to split the difference where Look, I do think it's a little ridiculous, you know, the idea that somebody is supporting you because they don't want something. But I also think that this Teal thing in particular is vastly overstated compared to the entire like GOP industrial complex.
Speaker 1: And for some I mean, I.
Speaker 3: Know leftists will say this, but you know who, you know, want to know who the most prominent like policy area where the billionaires you donate to you actually do demand something, It's Israel's. It's actually not, in my opinion, in my experience in right wing politics and watching things in terms of what the real like SIOP and industrial complex here in Washington is. It has way more to do with foreign policy than it does have to do with you know, ice or what palunteer or any of this. The tech guys have definitely spent you know, quite a bit of money. But you know, this is similar I think also to like left wing or you know, when Kamma is like, well, hey, George Soros and Reid Hoffman and all those other people support you.
Speaker 1: Know, like, well, a lot of rich people support.
Speaker 3: Me, you know, so it's any one of them could drop out.
Speaker 1: I would say it's more of a systemic thing.
Speaker 3: But I do think it is ridiculous, you know, the idea that they don't necessarily want something. In Teal's particular case, deal is like, I mean, it is an interesting story if you go you know, the JD.
Speaker 1: Van's origin stories.
Speaker 3: Literally is like a law student at Yale University meets Peter Teel after a lecture. Peter's like, hey, he's a smart guy, who should hire him? Right, And so I mean they do actually go web back a long time. That is pretty rare, even all of them in politics. But you know, this like symbiosis between rich people and politicians.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 3: At a certain point it just seems systemic to me, where it's like what people who are bitching about this, who take oceans of money from Bill Gates and all these other people like shut up, you know.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, I'm not saying.
Speaker 3: There are many people like you, Crystal and others who are totally for a systemic critique. But you know, to see DNC like a people talking about this, I'm like, we all know who you had dinner with every day in Los Angeles or in San Francisco. Just like to stop, you know, pretending as if you were in any way different.
Speaker 1: The difference is that jd.
Speaker 4: Vance is in a lot of ways basically unique in American politics in the sense that a lot of these candidates, they like, they come up through the traditional pipelines they stand for. You know, there are four rich people there for corporate power, whether they're Democrats or Republicans. And then yeah, like these rich donors are actually supporting their agenda because these politicians made it clear that their agenda is to support the powerful. So okay, you can say that they just they just love my ideas, my idea happening to me that you should have lower taxes and less regulations. Amazing how that worked out. But with jad Vance, he wasn't even to your point, he wasn't even a politician. Peter Teel is like, I like this guy, and Jady Van's obviously a very smart and talented guy. So you know, Peter Teel was correct in that assessment. Uh, but then when he he gets him to run for Senate, not just gets him to run.
Speaker 1: I don't think he got him to run.
Speaker 3: I think he just wanted to run, and I'm telling you somebody who needs them for sure. I don't think it was like, hey, you should run for office.
Speaker 1: He's like, I want. That's true. He's an ambitious guy. And but it's not just it was Blake Masters as well.
Speaker 4: By the way the Blake said, he said no earlier, right, he could have run in twenty it was at eighteen, I think sixteen, I don't actually remember, but twenty twenty, I.
Speaker 1: Mean it was.
Speaker 3: It's funny to me because the Blake Masters is much more of like the Peter Teel. He actually runs for Teal for real, like Teal Capital, you know, whenever he ran for office, and I don't I guess only because.
Speaker 1: He lost nobody. That's true Blake Master attention to him. But I'm like, that is more.
Speaker 4: Of this, much more of like what I think, and he seems to be more like I think jad Vance is in line with a lot of the Peter Teele stuff, but Blake Masters is like just a clone of it.
Speaker 1: Innocent, I mean, I guess Emily, I honestly don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think Master just a weird guy, you know, to be honest, doesn't have a job right now the Trump administration.
Speaker 1: I think he did. He did get a job done.
Speaker 4: So when you say, well, Peter Tiel, just like you know he agrees with me, I don't agree with him. It's like it's weird because you've been a team for so long. Is the is more than for people to point out. Obviously I encourage people. There is a great book George Packer Liberal, you'll back me up on this.
Speaker 1: He wrote The Unwinding. Have you read that book from twenty thirteen sitting on my shelf.
Speaker 3: The Unwinding is one of the best book, most pression books I've ever read, and because it came out in twenty thirteen and predicted the Trump era, in my opinion, far before anyone else. And actually Peter Teal is profiled in The Unwinding And one of the things that Teal says, which ends up becoming massive depression is he's like, I think that the next person who wins the American presidency will do so on a message of American decline, and it will not be on a message of American optimism kumbay, a kind of what Obama was selling, and that you'll remember. That's why Teal is one of the only people prominent business people to speak on the RNC stage in twenty sixteen and arguably was one of the only like quote unquote titans of industry or whatever to actually be pro Trump. And I mean, if we'll also say this, if we think back to twenty sixteen, JD is calling Trump Hitler.
Speaker 1: Peter tut our stage.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, so let's let's point out, you know, some of the things they're going on here, like you know, it's a little bit of a contravening interest.
Speaker 1: And it's only later on.
Speaker 3: I mean, Jad doesn't really become a full bound Trump guy till twenty eighteen, twenty nineteen, when Trump and actually that's when Teal reduces his amount of funding to the Republican Party and basically says, hey, screw you, guys, took advantage of me and I don't really want to be on the team anymore. And in twenty twenty and twenty twenty four, I wouldn't say sits out the election per se, but it does a lot less and you don't see him giving the same speeches in Washington or at the Bitcoin conference or r the RNC stage in the similar way that he did in twenty sixteen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's that's an aasing Is it a port story? All right? The whole the Yvonne thing is worth listening to.
Speaker 4: Jada Vance is just disturbingly good in those environments. Why do you think it's disturbing because you know, I'm with the Yvonne through most of it. Where he's like pressing Advance on the genocide. Yeah, and it was good to see him raise it. But then you know, Jada Vance picks up on the phrase genocide and it just kind of dissects that and then just moves into Ukraine. He's just so good at like sounding reasonable and moving.
Speaker 1: We can a democrat do that, and we saw that there's tons of very few of them. It's more of a talent problem. Yes, all right, let's get to China.
Speaker 3: Then let's break some of this down here with the United States and China relationship, here with the trade war, let's put this up there on the screen. We just want to give everybody an updates, just because it's still very, very important to pay attention. So they both met yesterday in London. It was the second time that the negotiators have met over tariffs and supply chains. Remember, Trump has kind of been wobbly ever since he backed down on the China tariffs, accusing she and all of them of violating some of the trade agreements or the interim trade agreements.
Speaker 1: So basically what happened is that we had the.
Speaker 3: Previous round in Switzerland, things kind of fell apart, but the tariffs still remain where their twenty percent tariffs and all that remain there. Basically, Ryan, it seems that the major contention right now is about the massive slowdown in these critical minerals that the Chinese really have a choke hold on.
Speaker 1: And there's a very good story here.
Speaker 3: Actually I want to highlight which just shows everybody kind of the problem with the slapshot stuff that's going on. Let's put it up there on the screen is quote China produces the world's entire supply of samarium.
Speaker 1: It's a rare earth metal.
Speaker 3: The US and its allies need to rebuild inventories of fighter jets, missiles, and other hardware. Well guess what they are currently massively restricting the export controls on these heat resistant magnets weighed with quote rare earth minerals that have exposed a major vulnerability in the US military supply chain. Without these magnets, the US and its allies are quote struggling to refill recently depleted inventories of military hardware. Now, it's also worth there's so much happening in this that I want to break it down. When they say recently depleted, Ryan, why are our missiles recently depleted?
Speaker 1: We're not in a war, are we.
Speaker 4: There's a great line in the same Marco says, these stocks have been severely depleted by shipments to Ukraine after the Russian invasion, end for the United States to Israel, oh, during the Godzig Right, So.
Speaker 3: We have these two proxy wars which you have no business even being involved in, which is massively depleted at our stock, and now we need to replete that stock after we spent untold billions of dollars and poured it into this for literally nothing if in fact getting inverse on inverse return on both of those. And then we're you know, sitting here the whole time, which I mean, I've been doing segments here for three plus years about why this is a bad idea to deplete US military supply chain for both of these conflicts.
Speaker 1: Lo, and behold, what do we see we have a chokehold on the minerals.
Speaker 4: You know, I haven't gotten we dropped a lot on Yemen two. Yeah, for no reason.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying, is what I have not gotten a chance to speak about this.
Speaker 1: It is very important.
Speaker 3: I think that one of the most important things that happened whenever I was gone was that drone swarm attack by Ukraine on the Russian bombers force. You had an attack which costs nothing, which destroyed billions of dollars in proper hunt. And do you know who Russia is in that situation? You're looking at Okay, who's rocking eleven? You know, aircraft carriers on the high seas with billion dollar missiles that are basically useless against the Hoho thies and.
Speaker 1: F sixteen's falling off the side.
Speaker 3: He's falling off the sides because we have improper safety protocol, lack of training.
Speaker 1: Except I could go on forever.
Speaker 3: The carrying cost of the United States military is now getting up to one trillion dollars. And in two proxy conflicts, we have watched the Ukrainian drone force destroy a multi billion dollar force of Russian nuclear capable bombers, and we have watched literally these Yemeny houthis living in caves who are able to cobble together Iranian made you know, like missiles and fire them at shifts, and we have done nothing about it. We have depleted a massive stock of missiles and all this, and we're reliant here on the Chinese supply chain. You need an entire rethinking of the entire US military industrial conflicts. But the point is is that the bloat is the bloat is the entire purpose having this inefficient, you know, highly expensive military reliant on China and all that. That is the pillar of globalization that keeps all of this going, and especially here in DC. And if we ever get into you know, God help us, if we ever get into a conflict, because that Ukraine thing, that's going to happen everywhere and you're going to see billions obliterated in seconds. And then we're going to be scrambling for drones. And I have a one guess as to where the best drones in the world come from, and where the best drone parts in the world come from.
Speaker 9: To right.
Speaker 4: And China, as it's been tol helping its own military capacity, has spent the last thirty years studying our kinetic activity and Afghanistan nonract.
Speaker 1: Are sanctions as well.
Speaker 3: They're the most sanctioned, proved country in the world, that the best prepared military right now, I think to face any Western style conflict. And you know, at the end of the day, industrialization and ability to build is everything. Meanwhile, here in America, you know, we launched a trade war against the entire world. Everyone's like, what, like, why isn't a car seat more expensive? And we all just have to pay attention to this criminology in London and hoping that things don't pop off again.
Speaker 4: And let's talk real quickly about that, the industrial policy failure here two thousand and nine. In that same article two thousand and nine, US Congress says, look, the samarium thing seems to be pretty central to our entire military industrial complex.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's made in China. Let's rectify that.
Speaker 4: So great foresight on the part of our lawmakers and our defense policy makers. So they ear mark, you know, tens of millions of dollar thirty million, I think it was for this factory. And it was a Washington state that's going to reopen a mine where there's some samarium. And then it's going to refine it. For a variety of reasons, it's cheaper for them to continue getting it from China, but they buy, they buy a bunch of the equipment that is going to allow them to create the you know, to transform the rare earths into the type of magnets that are needed for this high end military technology because they're extraordinarily heat resistant. As they're getting closer to doing that, the Biden administration then also cuts a contract with the giant company in Texas that's going to do the same thing. At the same time, China is still selling samarium to Lockheed Martin and these other customers at much cheaper prices then the US can do it because the US doesn't have its industry up yet. And the one in Washington State looks at the one in Texas and it's like, well, we can't compete. There aren't enough buyers for two of these companies, and it looks like Biden's in with the Texas one, so they shut down, basically bankrupt, and then the Texas one never gets off the ground either. So two thousand and nine to the day, we still don't have this the production capacity. If you're China, how about just don't give us any maggots and just declare world peace like we're like, we're done.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So one of the most depressing stories that I heard are sorry read while I was gone was this story about how the Chinese managed their industrial policy.
Speaker 1: And it would be like if we had every you know, only have all these buildings in DC full of all these bureaucrats.
Speaker 3: Imagine if they actually were the best in the brightest from across the entire universal system in the crypto and finance, and these people are like the best in the brightest in China. Deep list PhD level economists, experts who are sitting there managing and green lighting each proude off the ground, evaluating its ability for success going out into the private sector, finding the manager who will be the public private partner. They have total dictatorship control over their whole country, so they choose the most optimal land.
Speaker 1: They don't have to deal with some they'll do for them, make them complete.
Speaker 3: They come in and they're like, Okay, we're going to do it here and we're going to make sure this is built for this is this, And you would be shocked to learn that that's actually extremely effective.
Speaker 1: So I just want people.
Speaker 3: Look, I mean, I'm not saying I support that system, but it works, and it works pretty well.
Speaker 4: The abundance crowd would point out that some of the manufacturing of this is extremely polluting. Oh and China, China put it in a place that's like way out in the middle.
Speaker 1: Of Noble that is empirically true and just, and they just.
Speaker 4: Ran over any opposition to all of the pollution that it was creating, whereas in the US, people in Washington State are like, this sounds pretty bad.
Speaker 3: Oh, we need an environmental impact stove. Yes, whatever, I mean, listen, I get it. We live in a federalist you know, we live in a federalist republic.
Speaker 1: Wit to have states rights, and it has worked pretty well. I guess you know.
Speaker 3: We're still we are running up against a system which is very intelligently designed and which exponentially continues to find this ability to basically have like arbitrage opportunities against the US economy and slowly is either competing and or trying to replace it at a broad level. I also want to put C three up here because also, unlike in China, we live in a democracy, and guess what, you know, things are still pretty shaky right now.
Speaker 1: It's from the Wall Street Journal.
Speaker 3: The US economy is headed towards a very uncomfortable summer.
Speaker 1: Quote.
Speaker 3: Companies are freezing, hiring, an investment to deal with shifting tariff policies.
Speaker 1: Even Trump doesn't know what he's going to do next.
Speaker 3: This is actually, arguably, in my opinion, the most important part of tariffs is basically a freezing of across the entire US economy, and people just have no idea what to do, and so they're hoarding cash. You have millions of companies across the US which basically are just not hiring, not really doing anything big. They just want to sit around and wait to see what the macro policy is. And with that, you're seeing what we saw in the initial jobs report.
Speaker 1: With the labor market.
Speaker 3: There's been a basically a hiring freeze that we've seen. You are watching some of the consumer pushback that could happen with reduced consumption if we do even a ten percent price increase. Actually, by the way, with eggs, I was just looking yesterday, it's been a huge issue because of bird flu. It doesn't look like eggs are coming down anytime soon. In the next year or so. Just as a result of some of the flock shortages. And then you've also got the financial market basic continued massive shocks that are up and down, So basically across the system, there's just a tremendous amount of uncertainty. Things could happen at any moment. I know, the steel tariffs went into effect. We went up to fifty percent, right, you know, while I was gone. That takes a while to show up. Building materials from Canada, things from China, and all of that shortage. You may not see it the way you imminently would have with the one hundred whatever percent China tariffs, but they may begin to show up. So we don't know quite yet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And the market and the media seemed to have moved on because of Taco Trump, like they think that Trump is going to chicken out, and this it's what they have priced in, is him chickening out and he will eventually unravel this trade war, and they probably will. They're probably not wrong about that in the long term. In the short term, people are getting destroyed every single day with even with these twenty percent tariffs. If you got a million dollar order coming in, that's a lot of money you owe two hundred grand on that That was your your margin on that entire project, that this million dollars of supplies coming in was maybe you know, five to ten percent. Maybe let's say it was twenty percent. Nice little margin you had there. It had to be well above twenty percent for you not to be insolvent based on just twenty percent tariffs, especially because you couldn't price that in ahead of time. So yeah, while while Trump you know, takes his time getting to his final taco, people are just you know, crashing and burning.
Speaker 1: Well, I know, we certainly will see, let's get to the ovon.
Speaker 3: And so there were two interesting moments the Gaza want you want to set this up?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: So yeah, so there was you know, Theovonne went viral a few weeks ago, uh, you know, getting to kind of tears talking about the genociding in Gaza. Uh, And he's like, guys that we just we just cannot not talk about the fact that this is being done on a daily basis with our tax dollars and with weapons that that we're buying.
Speaker 1: This is an unconscionable thing to be happening.
Speaker 4: So when Jade Vance it was announced that he was going to appear on the Ovon's podcast. There were quite since, like is the obon gonna press him on this, let's see, And he did, and so we can watch a little of that exchange.
Speaker 10: It's the sickest thing I think it's ever been televised. Basically, if you consider watching something on your phone very sad. It's a mass It feels like a massacre, and it feels like, you know, I've called it a genocide. Other people have different thoughts about it, and that's fine, right, and I don't need anybody to share.
Speaker 9: The same thoughts or YouTube.
Speaker 10: But I think where it gets scary is that we give, you know, we're complicit in it because we help fund like military stuff, you know. And that's where it's like a regular guy, you're like, well, I'm paying these taxes and they're going towards this, Like but you can't do anything, you know, Like you can, you can, you can talk, you know, but it's like you can't. I don't understand how it becomes like tough for people, Like sometimes it feels like we look out for the interests of Israel before we look out for the interests of America.
Speaker 9: So let me say a couple of things.
Speaker 8: So so number one, like, I think you're a great dude, so would almost have to agree on everything.
Speaker 9: Do I think it's Do I think it's a genocide?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 8: And here's here's the reason why I don't think it's a genocide because I don't think that the Israelis are purposely trying to go in and murder every palaicity.
Speaker 9: I don't think that's what they're doing.
Speaker 8: I think they got hit hard, and I think they're they're they're trying to like, you know, sort of destroy this terrorist organization and war as hell, and and that is true. I also think it's true.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 8: I mean, I've seen people on my side of the political islbum or Republican you know that, but your audience may not. Who like we'll see these videos of these innocent Palestinian kids and say, oh, well they had it.
Speaker 9: Coming to them. No, no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 8: Like if if you have a soul, your heart should break when you see a little kid who's suffering. Which is why we have the policy that we have, which is we're trying to stop eliminate the conflict, eliminate the source of the conflict so that we can actually bring some peace and some some humanitarian assistance into people, and that's that's that's my basic view.
Speaker 4: So after that saga, he's theovonn comes back with something that might even be more damaging to kind of both parties long term, but also the Republicans, where he says THEO I was like, I don't know, man, it just seems like sometimes we care more about what's happening in Israel than we do what's happening here in.
Speaker 1: The United States.
Speaker 4: Empirically true, and Jade Vance says, you know, basically says Trump is trying to end the conflict.
Speaker 3: Which is a popular message and actually interesting and not necessarily one that we would have seen under.
Speaker 4: Working tireless administrations were working tired, working tirelessly.
Speaker 1: It is funny.
Speaker 3: I saw a lot of leftists very upset about this, and I was like, is there a single Democratic politician other than AOC or Rashida has AOC ever said the word genocide? I actually don't know, yes, Okay, earlier on how many are we talking about? Four?
Speaker 1: Four elected Democrats?
Speaker 3: So any person with national ambitions who would have been asked that question from the Democratic in fact, I mean, if you ask Richie Torres, you would probably get an even more warlike thank.
Speaker 1: God from something U. He's the kind of person that's attacking Trump for even he.
Speaker 3: Would say you're an anti semi yeah, he'd be like, you are antisemitic for saying the word genocide. So progress, you know, maybe, I mean, like I said, it's funny everybody focuses on the Peter Thial thing or whatever. I'm like, I think Israel is probably the issue most where you see a lock up of discussion on this issue, and that is one where Yeah, when I saw that answer, like, it's sad, you know to see. But also do I expect literally anything else from Donald Trump? Miriam Adelson freedom giver vice President, I'm like, well, that's politics. I always by the way, he actually has always been weirdly pro Israel, which I find oh yeah, absolutely, and so which I find genuinely like mystifying. It's like Israel is some force of benevolence and balance, you know in the region.
Speaker 1: I don't really know how how you get there. Did he serve in Iraq?
Speaker 9: Ji e.
Speaker 3: Vance, Well, I mean as a what is it called a public information officer in the but yeah, he was deployed to.
Speaker 4: Iraq for a year, yeah, I wonder if I wonder if something happened there.
Speaker 1: What would happen, Well, maybe.
Speaker 4: Like a real contempt for like Bagdad or something a real has to for the people there.
Speaker 1: And then you're like, well, at least the Israelis are.
Speaker 3: Like, I don't know, But then you would be who's the guy who wears the IDEF uniform in Congress? What's that guy's name mask? Yeah, but then you would be like a Brian mass figure. Actually it's good, who's the new congressman right with the Israeli flag? Like we cheer this on every time we see a dead Palestinian kid.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean, look, I mean within US politics, especially what in the broad spectrum of the Bell curve or whatever. Like, I guess we're just going to say it's a positive. But I think that the cultural positive coming out of this is to have a Theo von like figure out there who is willing to say something like this, and if he's going to use his platform at the very least ask That's another thing.
Speaker 1: I saw a lot of attacks on THEO.
Speaker 3: For not I'm like, look, guys, theon like we're expecting him to litigate Israel?
Speaker 1: What are we doing here. Okay, what you can get, you take what you could get. The fact that there's even like a level of criticism.
Speaker 3: Also, if we're going to normalize this and broadly, I think it's good to have politicians go on these shows. Yeah, every once in a while, you're gonna get a wild car question like that, because this is where unfortunately they're not actually giving enough credit to THEO.
Speaker 1: That word would never even be uttered.
Speaker 3: In a CNN interview, NPR never, right, So it's like, look, we're at least in some net positive territory here. I understand people want to have a big back and forth or whatever it's like, but you know, I still think we're along.
Speaker 4: With it because the real political problem for him is to confront that question. You're America first, but you seem like you care more about it is right, you see, we had to win.
Speaker 1: By the way, what is it?
Speaker 4: There was a piece of resolution to condemn the Bolder terrorist attack. Okay, great, condemn that terrorist attacks are bad. They wrote into it the terrorist shouted free Palestine, which is an anti Semitic slogan that calls for the destruction of the Jewish people, which then if you vote for it, you're voting for. You're affirming the definition of free Palestine as an anti Semitic slogan.
Speaker 1: We reported on this. It went viral. Code pink kicked into.
Speaker 4: Gear and they pulled it out and they passed the resolution just you know, condemning the.
Speaker 3: Didn't the ihr A resolution just become lawer am I is that fake news?
Speaker 1: What am I thinking? Well, it went, it went under Biden, it became law.
Speaker 3: Basically, it didn't get just get reaffirmed or something like that. I'm sure they were re affirming it constantly. There might have been another resolution. Thing wonderful, how wonderful it is.
Speaker 4: But so the fact that they they could have passed it, yet they took it out, because I feel like there is at least some sense among both parties leaders that people are losing their patience for this stuff. That what do you mean you're going to tell me that free Palestine is legally now deemed to be an anti Semitic slogan.
Speaker 1: That it's just too ridiculous.
Speaker 3: But that is where I do see like some of this theo von Tim Dillon logan. Right, I'm not sure I've heard anything from Shane Gillis or but I watched these people closely just because I'm like, okay, like, where's the bro spear kind of you know, going in this regard and there is a general acknowledgment they're like, yeah, this is pretty weird like this, you.
Speaker 4: Know, like the laws and the level of aloud to boycot.
Speaker 3: Government force you know, against mack mud Khalil or any of that. But I mean, arguably what's even crazier, I think than the deportations.
Speaker 1: Is at the highest level is like the full.
Speaker 3: Force of this quote Anti Semitism task Force basically setting the rules and regulations at different universities and then making it, you know, the policy of the United States government the way that you teach history at Harvard University. That's nuts, you know, at a federal level in particular, Yeah, and then using it without applying. I mean, it's a different thing to say we're gonna withhold federal funding if universities violate existing law on the Civil Rights Act, that's like a long standing thing or against it, you know whatever.
Speaker 1: Discrimination. I think that's fine, And if states.
Speaker 3: Want to get involved with the way that their public universities are, I've had a debate here before. Be my guest I think states, who are you know, like the University of Virginia, University of Texas and all these other places. These are state institutions which should genuinely generally be governed by the state legislatures and others with the input of their constituents. But at a federal level coming in over the top on some of these private institutions. That's where it just gets totally crazy. And I think people can see that very clearly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they ordered basically the middle eastern head of the Harvard's division.
Speaker 1: To be like fired. It's like, what are you doing? It's crazy. The fun thing. Other fun thing.
Speaker 4: The fun thing about the Theovone interview is it's happened just as the Musk Trump War was breaking out into the open. So we can actually start with D two B. This tear sheet from the Washington Post. They have interesting reporting that you know, Trump knew jade Vance is headed to this Theovonne interview, so he knows this is going to come up, and he said, you know, be cool, you know, don't don't go too.
Speaker 1: Hard on the poor guy. Yeah, we're still I'm still now it's weird.
Speaker 4: Well, while jade Vance was going to, uh, the interview, And while he's in the interview, Musk continues to turn the heat up. Like by the time he's like in the interview, he's calling for his impeachment and talking about the Epstein files. So when Trump gave that that recommendation or that that directive, he hadn't gone quite to know.
Speaker 1: The def con that he eventually did.
Speaker 4: But let's roll a little bit of theovon and talking about Epstein and Elon and Trump.
Speaker 9: Here d two Elon Musk and you may have heard of him. I've heard of him.
Speaker 10: Time to drop the really big bomb, right, And I thought this was going to be on iron I haven't even seen right, I haven't even seen this one. But he goes at real Donald Trump is in the Epstein files. This is the real reason they have not been made public. Have a nice day. Nice signature from a South African JT Man.
Speaker 8: Well here here's here's my basic reaction to like all this stuff is luck first of all, like absolutely not.
Speaker 9: Donald Trump didn't do anything wrong with Jeffrey Epstein.
Speaker 8: Like there's the guy is whatever the Democrats and the media says about him, that's totally bs. Here here's my basic, my basic great on it. First of all, I'm the vice president's the President Trump. My loyalty is are always going to be with the President. And I think that Elon, he's an incredible entrepreneur. He's actually done I think does was really good. This sort of effort to root out waste fraud abuse in our country is really good. And and and look, man, I'm always going to be loyal to the president, and I hope that eventually Elon kind of comes back into the fold. Maybe that's not possible now because he's gone so nuclear.
Speaker 4: First of all, let's talk about material the substance there. Why would Donald Trump not be like he's one of his best friends.
Speaker 1: According to Epstein apps John Trump's one of his best friends.
Speaker 4: There's there's the image of you know, him and Epstein together or whether they're laughing. He likes him young and Trump, Miss Trump said in a GQ or whatever it was, Yeah, Jeffrey Epstein, And it was a statement.
Speaker 1: You could tell.
Speaker 4: It was like one of those dictated statements that he gave where he's like, Jeffrey Epstein likes him young.
Speaker 1: Thing, but he loves to have a good time.
Speaker 3: I said this yesterday. I wonder if you agree with me. I'm like, I don't think the conspiracy is about Trump. I think it's about Mozad. That's why they won't release the Epstein file. It's so obvious, you know, considering a lot of the quotes and all of that they're I mean, I'm sure it probably doesn't make Trump look good in terms of some of the what Gilain and Epstein were both mar A Lago members, and who knows, maybe at Trump the Trump Organization or whatever I had invested with Epstein or vice versa or something like that in the past would not surprise me considering everything is out there. But I still think that's the number one reason why the vast majority of the stuff has not yet been released.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, okay, good man.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean that's one where I'm just seeing this all like morph online. I'm like, guys, know, it's all. It's been the same the whole time.
Speaker 1: Like we've seen. The original reason.
Speaker 3: Why he wasn't released or why why he was given this sweetheart deal you know, from federal prosecutors was literally they said intelligence, that's the entire reason behind it. And now cash Pttel just basically changing his entire story on a dime. The moment that it becomes the FBI director. But don't you think I would give it to you if I had it? It's like no, actually no, do I think that the FBI would lie to me?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yes, about an intelligence asset? Absolutely, that's the most believable thing I've ever seen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, before we move on, we got to do the funniest one.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, this is This may not even translate because a lot of our audience is not nearly as online as we are.
Speaker 1: But there is a online This is how online are you?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 1: This is how online are you? Test?
Speaker 3: And here we have an incident where Theobon's producer has a person muted. Jad notices this and it's like, who do you have muted? And then he bursts out laughing whenever he sees Let's take a listen.
Speaker 9: This is interesting. Let's see from an account you muted.
Speaker 8: I'm curious who did you mute?
Speaker 1: Who is that guy?
Speaker 6: Is that yours?
Speaker 8: It's one of your producers, seng Oh, it's a Trump shamambitached and Jade events to replace him.
Speaker 9: Dude, that's one boat. Oh my god.
Speaker 4: If you don't know if success in life is not being online and failure is being online.
Speaker 1: Miles Chong is we have one in life. We have lost battle. I'm deep in Ian lore. I've known Ian Ian for probably is a Malaysian.
Speaker 4: If you don't know, he's a he's a Malaysian provocateur.
Speaker 1: He's a Malaysian provocateur.
Speaker 3: He does not live in the United States about the United States of America, literally constantly posting videos. One of the most proliferate Elon replied, Eyes probably makes thousands of dollars a month on Twitter off of his this new verification scheme.
Speaker 1: Definitely a major Elon fanboy.
Speaker 3: There are open questions as to whether he's ever bizen to the United States of America in the first place. I still think it's weird. I think you and I have talked about the force. They care so much about America. It'd be like if you and I were talking about Jolo all day long. You know, we'll be like, let's get yeah, okay, one MDB, let's let's go Ryan. Let's just be obsessed with Malaysia and Kuala Lampour's internal politics.
Speaker 1: It's totally nuts. He'll be like, what's this guy, what's this guy doing? Like why does he care so much?
Speaker 6: He doesn't live.
Speaker 3: You're not even from here. It's like the meme, like you don't even go here, you know.
Speaker 1: What what is happening?
Speaker 3: So very very funny moment just to show you really extremely I mean he's the first money you know, vice president, so that that is certainly what you get.
Speaker 4: The DNC has discovered YouTube. YouTube apparently has yet to discover the d n C. However, let's roll this.
Speaker 12: Hi, I'm Hannah, the deputy communications director for the Democrats. We're launching a new daily messaging program called the Blueprint.
Speaker 9: It starts today on YouTube.
Speaker 1: You should watch.
Speaker 12: We're going to talk about what's happening in Washington today, what Republicans are up to, what Democrats are doing, and how you can join the fight.
Speaker 4: So a bit of a bumpy start, we can put up E two here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we hate to view count Shane Ryan, but seven seven and twenty views, that's just I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: That's pathetic.
Speaker 3: Okay, I mean I made a joke that that's five minutes here breaking points. But actually, you know what, I can take a look at the data right now and actually tell you whether that is.
Speaker 4: While you're looking up, yeah, while you're looking up for to data I can say that we have to wrap this by ten am because of DNC's next live starts at ten am.
Speaker 1: And how many people are in the waiting room for that currently two? Two people in the waiting room for that. Let's that's the waiting room shame either. We all know that.
Speaker 3: You know waiting rooms, you know, the metrics don't necessarily apply. That said, at the very moment that you and I are doing this, it is nine to forty five. Story starts in fifteen and that's a little low.
Speaker 1: It's a little low.
Speaker 3: And he would expect something better from a major political party in the United States.
Speaker 1: But man, would you trust me?
Speaker 3: Would you expect I just don't understand what they're trying to get out of this. And I'll tell you why, Why do you need the Democratic Party to have its own YouTube show? The R and C is not doing that. You know, It's like they're taking this whole podcast thing too seriously. Like, let me look right now, guys. Brian Tyler Cohen, a huge lib is on YouTube right now with four point four million subscribers.
Speaker 1: His last video with his last.
Speaker 3: Video with Gavin Newsom's got five hundred two thousand views.
Speaker 1: All right, let me go and check Midas Touch. These guys are huge, huge.
Speaker 3: I've seen Brian Tyler, I've seen what's his name, Newsom. He's given interviews to Might's Touching, Brian Tyler Cohen. He knows what time it is in terms of the trip deployment. I'm looking, yeah, I'm looking at this right now. I mean, yeah, the latest Might's Touch video was posted an hour ago already has a one thousand views on the front end, which, as people who do this professionally know, on the back end, it's probably a million.
Speaker 1: No, it's probably way more than that.
Speaker 3: If I'm looking, you know, at some of the videos that they posted yesterday, we're talking about hundreds of thousands of views.
Speaker 1: Yeah, here we go.
Speaker 3: The interview with Gavin Usom, posted fourteen hours ago, has five hundred and forty five thousand views. They've got a video from sixteen hours ago with seven hundred and sixty one thousand views. I mean, these are astronomical numbers. These are these are unbelievable. They've got almost a million views on videos that they posted yesterday. And this is just video after video after video, and they nearly five million. Okay, and this is you know, to review. Shame the Democrats.
Speaker 1: I view respect.
Speaker 3: People who anybody out there, if you're clocking this, I'm paying attention, okay. And that's why I don't understand the Democrats wanting to do their own YouTube channel here.
Speaker 1: Because these guys already exist.
Speaker 3: The politicians know you don't need to quote go direct in the way that they're doing it. What the Republican Party doesn't have its own podcast, It's cringe.
Speaker 1: What do they do?
Speaker 3: They're like, oh, the note Boys want to have a uzon cool. They got ten million descriptions, you know, Joe Rogan twenty million, theovon, Tim Dillon, whatever, they know. They just spread it out busting you know, Barstool, any of these other places. That's the strategies. You go to places where they already have the audience. So it just feels very like it feels very like designed in a lab and overinterpreted of this whole podcast. You go going direct online thing Hassan is out there, might as touches out there. I don't understand just.
Speaker 1: Go do that.
Speaker 3: But I think the take is they're afraid they don't. You know, very few Republican politicians would go to a podcast where someone's going to ask them about gods of genocide. They just don't have balls, let's be honest. And I think that's the same thing here. Yes, Newsom is going on here, but other Democratic leaders have not yet really embraced what's happening in the online sphere. It's out there if you want to take it.
Speaker 4: And you know what's interesting is you know who else made the same mistake was Bernie Sanders in twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Really yeah, helain what you mean?
Speaker 4: He went out and you can talk to brianjoy Gray about this, who was his national spokespart some for that campaign. They went out and they started their own podcast, they started their own like shows I do vaguely remember, and he wanted to create this kind of Bernie media. He was coming at it from a different direction. He wasn't afraid that he was going to get you know questions. Well this was pre October seventh. But he didn't trust the mainstream media because he thinks their corporate chills and he hates them, and he for thirty forty years has always kind of saw himself as both messenger slash journalist and politician. Back in the nineteen seventies, he like the thing he dedicated himself to was making a Eugene Debs documentary, and when he was mayor, he would go around doing these like in person interviews with people in the Burlington Mall and then post them on like public access television like this. He's always wanted to kind of cut the media out. Yet where he really got his traction was because the actual media understood how much riz he had, how much how he drove ratings, and he was able to then co opt that to get to get his message out. And if you look at kind of the return on the investment and trying to create this Bernie media.
Speaker 1: Sphere, it's toll flop.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like you, it's really very difficult to just generate that. And also even Bernie supporters don't want that, Like they want their guy out there or on other podcasts, in other media so that they can see that the message is getting to everybody. And so certainly you're not. You don't have you have a lot more people that loved Bernie Sanders than love the DNC.
Speaker 3: It's also more interesting you see Bernie on Fox, or Bernie on Exactly, or Bernie on any of these I mean, it's just it's more you know, you actually get more out of it, to see them in different environments. That's broadly how these politicians succeed. That's actually what real talent is is the ability to go in an unfamiliar environment and just broadly handle yourself like fine, you know. And so anyway, I think it's a huge mistake, and broadly it just shows you what a mess DNC is.
Speaker 1: Right now, this is my.
Speaker 3: First now four way, Okay, so they've doubled their huge, huge, All right, let's go to the next one here. I need you to explain this to me. Quote leaked audio reveals DNC chair is in despair over dem civil war. Quote no one knows who I am. And he says you, essentially he told this to David Hog. You essentially destroyed any chance I have to show leadership that I need to.
Speaker 1: It's really frustrating.
Speaker 3: And he is now saying whether he's also questioning whether he should quit his job or not. This is the brand new d n C chair. So why is he so mad at David Hog over this? Because of the threat which he didn't you walk back his threat to primary sitting Democrats.
Speaker 4: Booting him out right, So what happened basically is that David Hogg who rose to prominence from Parkland March for Our Lives and became kind of an avatar for this young people's movement against gun violence.
Speaker 1: He's also developed some.
Speaker 4: Politics that are bit oppositional to the party, and maybe that's just from seeing the party up close for so long and he kind of recoiled at it.
Speaker 1: And so it was kind of interesting when he.
Speaker 4: Got elected to the DNC, because if you don't follow it close, you're like, Oh, the guy's probably just a puppet d NC. If you follow it closer, you're like, actually has his own ideas. Interesting that he got in there. One of the first ideas he kind of rolls out and he says, I'm basically going to do this super pack with tens of millions of dollars that is going to support candidates who are taking on bad incumbent Democrats.
Speaker 1: And it's just a record scratch.
Speaker 4: Inside the DNC offices, They're like, excuse me, you're going to do what the dn You're a DNC vice chair and you're going to be weighing in on in primaries against the incumbent democrat. We're not do we no, no, we're not doing that. We're if we get into a primary at all, it's going to be to defend the incombat incumbent democrat against the challengers against the insurgent challengers. And so then they basically push them out of the d n C. They moved to push him out of the DNC because they say, you can't do both things at once, and if you were going to do both things at once, it would be just a completely different DNC. And then maybe that kind of revolutionary DNC actually can challenge Trump, but that's not the one that they want. So from Ken Martin's perspective, he's the functionary brought in from Minnesota, ran the Minnesota Party.
Speaker 1: He's like, well, f this man, this stucks.
Speaker 4: Like, you know, he had some you know, ideas for some things he was going to do better, but now the whole focus is on this this Hog situation. So that's that's the frustration that you're that you're seeing from him there.
Speaker 1: He's like, what am I supposed to do now? Now?
Speaker 4: Like he's in his defense, he's in this no win situation. Well, the only way he wins is he goes all in with Hog. He's like, yeah, we are actually throwing.
Speaker 3: Which would never fly, which is the DNC you.
Speaker 1: W wow crazy and.
Speaker 4: So then Hog, I think it was Holly Hotter Bean, but it was a Holly. People are like, oh, and now, Hog, you're leaking.
Speaker 1: D n C audio.
Speaker 4: He's like, no, I did not leak this, And to prove it, he posts screenshots with I think Holly Otter being in Politico of her reaching out to ask for comment on this audio wow, to say like, look, I didn't leak it.
Speaker 1: Otherwise, Yeah, that's right, that's true.
Speaker 4: So people are like, oh, so you're you would leak some text messes to prove you didn't leak audio.
Speaker 3: What a mess, man, Just a total complete mess. Okay, let's put the next thing up here. These are just hilarious fails that can't help but highlight.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 3: This is more recently Congressman Sarah Jacobs. She tweeted, these immigration raids don't define us our response to them does. I am proud to have dinner at Buana Forteta to show my support to them as they deal with the fallout of the raids where agents threw up flash bringing not hard armed criminals. We will continue to stand with our immigrant communities. So she dined nicely at a Los Angeles restaurant, Ryan, in order to support them in this it's like.
Speaker 4: A Neapolitan pizza place. She put up an image of it. It looks incredible, Okay, absolutely looks.
Speaker 3: Best neopolitan pizza is where can you guess? And it's not a haven? It right there, Tokyo, Japan.
Speaker 4: Anyway, I'm team Sarah Jacobs. I will i'll e for any call.
Speaker 1: Come on, all right?
Speaker 3: And then finally, I have not yet gotten to react to Taco, so please put this up there on the screen. Eric Squalwell, Eric Swalwell, this meme is everywhere. This is Trump tripping on Air Force one straight since be kind to each other, making fun of an almost eight year old failing in the stairs has no place in our politics, and says Taco fell. So I was not aware of the Taco moniker. That is new from the Democrats.
Speaker 9: What is it?
Speaker 3: Trump always out Wall Street? So Trump always chickens out. This is one where the Democrats have decided to brand Trump Taco for negotiating with Well, yes, Chuck Schumer said, it isn't that your origin of it?
Speaker 4: No, No, the part that you missed. Yeah, Wall Street traders love doing these acronyms. Yeah, and so the acronym that they came up with too, that's basically where you're going long on the market despite Trump saying he's going to keep his tariffs in place. Is they call they called it a taco trade because it's Trump stands for Trump always chickens out. So if you bet your actual money long on Trump, you bet on Trump chickening out, your BET's going to come in.
Speaker 9: And then a.
Speaker 1: Reporter the taco trade. I like it.
Speaker 4: A reporter then asked Trump, you know about this Wall Street trade called the taco trade?
Speaker 1: And he's like, they said, what, I'm no chicken? How dare you? Like Marty may Fly?
Speaker 4: How dare you? And then the market tanked because they're like, oh, no, Mark Fly is gonna now He's gonna stick with his tariffs for longer.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 4: And then uh, Chuck Schumer used it to try to get to call him a chicken for not bombing Iran. Okay, says he's tough, but taco Trump will on't even bomb.
Speaker 1: Trump will not bomb Iran.
Speaker 3: It's like, wait, I want the taco then.
Speaker 1: Yeah, same on the tariffs variety. Yeah, let's let's.
Speaker 4: Take let's not bomb three different places at the same price.
Speaker 1: Keep tacoing. Yeah, nobody telling them about taco if that's what you want. So yeah.
Speaker 4: So anyway, so it did become a demn thing, but it started with.
Speaker 3: Well we've got now, we've got the heroic d n C and on YouTube we have representative Sarah Jacobs and uh, it was incredible on.
Speaker 1: The d n C chair issues.
Speaker 3: She's really good, interesting, really interesting. Why do you think that is? Uh, Congressman Young District, what is it?
Speaker 1: I don't know, Like some of it feels like very authentic.
Speaker 4: She's like she's really she really goes out there and is one of the most outspoken Jewish Democrats on Gaza.
Speaker 3: All right, maybe we'll cut her back, maybe we'll cut her break there right on the piece of Look, speaking of Israel, why don't we get to it.
Speaker 4: The BBC announced yesterday that it is indefinitely putting on hold a documentary fifteen months in the making called Gaza Medics under Fire Now. While the BBC sits on its investigation, Medics and Gaza continue to be targeted. In the past twenty five days, Israeli forces have killed forty four healthcare workers, including three yesterday.
Speaker 1: According to Healthcare Workers Watch.
Speaker 4: The medics Hussein Mohesen, Wayal al Altar, and Barra Afana, who was just eighteen years old, were responding to an Israeli airstrike that left civilians crushed under rubble, and whose father, also a paramedic, was on the scene where he was killed but was unable to get to his son because of the relentless bombing. Now chances are you've seen footage of Mohesan before rescuing children from underneath rubble. About a month ago, footage of a little girl running through flames went viral around the world world. Hussein was the one who rescued her, and he was featured in a New York Times report about the attack, which killed at least thirty civilians at a shelter, including five of the girl's siblings and her mother. Hussain described how the girl was stuck behind an impossibly hot door and they were able to get people nearby to dump water on her while they worked on opening that door. He rescued another girl from that fire that night. Early in the war, he was featured from behind in a photograph that became famous. In the last message he sent to colleagues, he told them, quote, the army is hitting near me. I don't think I have much time left. A journalist, MoMA and Abu wil Auof, was with the paramedics and was also killed in the strike. Instead of apologizing for the killing of three medics and a journalist, the IDF has vowed to kill the spokesperson for the Gaza Civil Defense, the agency responsible for rescuing people from rubble, saying that he is a Hamas terrorist whose crime is to make quote all statements to the international media unquote. They are literally promising to bomb the messenger. What's strange about their anger at the Civil Defense spokesperson, who has condemned Israel's attacks on civilians and civilian infrastructure is that Israel does not hide its intentions. He's not saying anything they don't say themselves. Last month, Bezilel Smotrich said publicly, quote, the IDF is finally conducting a campaign against the civilian rule of Hamas. We are eliminating ministers, officials, money handlers, and elements of the economic and governmental system. They are indeed doing exactly that. The goal is to eliminate any civilian authority in Gaza and replace it with Israeli armed and funded gangs.
Speaker 1: As NETNAHUO acknowledged just.
Speaker 4: The other day, Israel isn't limiting its attacks on civilian infrastructure to Gaza. Israel yesterday ordered the evacuation of three ports in Yemen, threatening strikes. Donald Trump meanwhile, was asked about ongoing ceasefire and to gotiations and said that Iran is now involved.
Speaker 7: You mentioned now the flotilla. Do you have a response at all about Israel intercepting this boat and can you give us an update on what's happening to the entry of aid into Gaza right now? We've had people being shot by Israeli forces who are trying to get on the humanitarian formation.
Speaker 11: Yes, Ghaza right now is in the midst of a massive negotiation between US and Hamas and Israel, and Iran actually has involved, and we'll see what's going to happen with Gaza. We want to get the hostages back. So I can tell you.
Speaker 4: The Iranians, for their part, said yesterday they had obtained intelligence as to the precise locations of sensitive Israeli nuclear sites and would strike them with ballistic missiles if Israel launched an attack on Iran. So those negotiations are ongoing. On Sunday, Saga, there was a hours long Camp David meeting that Trump held with Witkoff, Tulci, Gabbard, CIA director Radcliffe, a number of other generals and top military officials where they talked for a very long time about their strategy of linking negotiations with.
Speaker 1: Iran to a ceasefire in Gaza. And so.
Speaker 4: Those talks continue and we'll see in the coming days, you know, whether whether or not he's able to make a breakthrough people. People are saying that you know, this is the moment like and if if this moment is lost, then you very well could be looking at endless war and occupation in Gaza and and in war with Iran, which because they now have this if you believe them, and that's it's a credible claim that they now have this intelligence about Israeli nuclear sites.
Speaker 1: Will not be a cost free strike on Iran.
Speaker 3: Yeah, obviously, but I mean within the talks, Ryan, and you're looking at the camp what happened in Camp David, and then these are Richmond claims.
Speaker 1: There's blust.
Speaker 3: Sure, the Iranians are denying it. Do you think things are still moving in a more positive direction or.
Speaker 1: Not, they're still moving.
Speaker 4: You had this fascinating comment from Trump where he said the Iranians there tough negotiatings, almost too tough.
Speaker 1: But they're good. They're very good. They're very tough.
Speaker 4: And he loves tough guys, Yes he does, and so those are continuing.
Speaker 1: He loves wit Cough.
Speaker 4: He's still publicly saying that his red line is no enrichment, but privately the talks are allowing would allow.
Speaker 1: Enrichment, so as long as they can.
Speaker 4: And also that perhaps today the Iranian response is expected, which is supposed to be harsh no but soft y s Yeah, right, no, but here's here's what we would do.
Speaker 1: I'm still relatively hopeful.
Speaker 3: The only thing that I think people need to be on alert for, as you know, is if the details of this come out and there is like enrichment, the the the Neocon campaign against this will be an Alzheimer.
Speaker 1: It will be one of the most titanic.
Speaker 3: Battles that we have seen yet because they are so activated already over Gaza, Iran is their next stop. They've character assassinated everything they can against wit Cough More recently, did you see this whole bruhaha, between Tucker Carlson and Mark Levin. Mark Levin apparently at the White House advocating for war with iron every possible avenue that they have to convince Trump to abandon.
Speaker 1: This is currently happening, and so.
Speaker 3: I'm cautiously optimistic, but I would not be surprised if they're able to kill it. The amount of political machinery that they have at their disposal is just completely immense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we may get war.
Speaker 3: Still, We'll see, all right, Thank you so much, Ryan, great to be with you, my friend. As always, thank you to everybody who continues to support the show Breakingpoints dot com. You can try out your free month there with BP free to have a promo graphic there. It is Breakingpoints dot Com BP free free monthly Trial. And now Ryan and I have to wrap the show so we can do the AMA live here from the studio. Of course, that is available only to premiumsbscribers, so if that's you want to take a look at you can. You can go ahead and sign up. Otherwise, Counterpoints will be on tomorrow with Crystal and Emily and I will see you all on Thursday,