Speaker 1: First of all, you don't know me.
Speaker 2: All about that high school drama girl drama girl, all about them.
Speaker 1: High school queens.
Speaker 3: We'll take you for a rod and our comic girl cheered for the right teen drama queens, Jaylie's my girl ofugh girl fashion, which your tough girl.
Speaker 1: You could sit with us girl drama, Queens drama, queise drama, Queens Drama Drama, Queens drama Queens. Well, hello, friends, you've got me and Rob for Q and a Hi Robert.
Speaker 4: Hey Joy, Hey friends, how you doing, buddy?
Speaker 1: I'm good. I've been really good.
Speaker 4: Guys.
Speaker 1: We just had a fantastic talk with Chantelle Van Samon and Lindsay McKeon, and we talked about that whole episode seven eighteen where Lydia passes away, and it was so great to see both of them and spend time with those girls. They're just such lovely souls and really talented actors. That was a nice time.
Speaker 4: Yes, it was great, especially because I feel like we've been seeing some much of them, especially you know, Quinn aka Chantel that it was so nice to finally have her here to get her perspective, you know, because I feel like we've been talking about her so much, and it was nice to actually have her here to talk with her.
Speaker 1: I know, I'm so glad we were able to do that, but we have got to move on. The show must go on, friends, and so here we are with our Q and a episode. Thank you so much for writing in your questions for us. We've we've got a fun list here today. Would you like to get us started?
Speaker 4: I would, and I was just going to say before we jump into this, first of all, these questions are awesome, So thank you to everyone. I've only skimmed a couple, but all the ones I saw I loved. And I also want to say, I see our first nickname, so I love that. Keep up, give us your fun nickname, let us know who it is.
Speaker 1: Okay, So Sarah wants to know if your characters were in The Walking Dead, how do you think they would go? What would be their game plan? M Okay, I'm gonna make a confession here. I've never seen an episode of The Walking Dead.
Speaker 4: I am texting Hillary right now. Second.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I don't do zombies, guys. I don't do zombies. But maybe that's the good indication of how Haley would survive.
Speaker 4: Now, Okay, So then let's just pretend right it's zombie apocalypse has happened again, and it's we're trying to hide we see our first zombie. Is it I that you shriek or are you just petrified? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think there's definitely an ick factor involved. My first zombie I ever see this is as Hailey. Yeah, I think she's totally grossed out. But also Haley's got a pretty good fight or flight instinct. I think she like maybe jumps and then immediately grabs the nearest weapon, shovel, stick, tennis ball, like, whatever's nearby, she's grabbing it.
Speaker 4: Yeah. And she's also a mom, you know, And I think I think once you're a parent, you sort of develop that innate protector, yeah, reflex. I think I think Hayley would would do alright after when she got past the initial ick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how's Clay doing?
Speaker 4: Clay already sees dead people, so I feel like it's not going to really rock the boat. They're just a little less attractive than the dead people he normally sees. Uh. I think I think Clay would do all right. You know, I think he's been through some stuff, so I think I think you'd have a fighting chance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I could see that Clay. Clay is really resourceful. He's very He's wily and resourceful, and I think Clay is it would invent something. He would know how to team up with the right people. He's got a good eye for who's going to be useful and how to put a team together. So I feel like Clay would probably be the guy putting together assembling the team of renegades who are going to fight the zombies. I feel like I have confidence in Clay.
Speaker 4: I gotta say, if I had to pick who I think would would do the best, it's Dan Scott for sure, because I could see him like not being afraid to get the you know, the farm equipment out and fight them. But then he's also that guy who I could see him turning on other people like for his own good.
Speaker 1: Absolutely survival of the fittest. I'm sure that's his motto completely.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's a bit of a sociopath. So yeah, I think it would be Dan Scott for the zombie win.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree. Do we have a character who's the first to go.
Speaker 4: My knee jerk was Alex.
Speaker 1: She's kind of scrappy, I don't.
Speaker 4: Know she is, but also just I feel like tragedy just follows her.
Speaker 1: Oh that is true. That is true. Who's the first to go? I don't know. I guess I feel like Julian would be running a lot, but he also would turn around and fight if he had to. I just don't feel like he would. That would be his first rehabs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because he's a strong protector. But you're right, like we saw him in the campaign episode where he had like zero practical smarts, it seemed yeah, all right, all right. Melissa asks if you could go to any convention as a fan of one of your favorite shows, what would it be and who would you be most excited to meet. Oh that's a great question.
Speaker 1: Yes, I feel like, here's a fan convention. I would really like to go to mad Men and we're all dressed up in the sixties and it's a cocktail party and it's not weird and awkward, but we're all really like just mingling in the sixties. Can that exist?
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, Yeah, listen, this is you get to make your own convention. Okay, yeah, I love that answer because that was way outside the box, and now I'm going to do the same. Mine would be for great British Bakeoff, and at the convention there would be people baking, so same thing. It wouldn't be the awkward like hi, how are you? It would just be like, hey, let's try this food together. Do you like you know? Eclaire's went over Paul Hollywood, Let's have any Claire together. Maybe someone gets a handshake, you know.
Speaker 1: I like this. Yeah, so I get cigarettes and Martini's and you're going to get your British. It's good.
Speaker 4: I come home with two cavities and that's okay, a lot of memories.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, we do have our first nickname. This is Daniel going by College. Buy T shirt. I love it. I love it, Daniel College my T shirt. Wants to know. Listen, you mentioned frequently how a lot of men have told you their girlfriend made me watch the show, so or my girlfriend made me watch the show. So his question is what show or shows have you made your partners with you watch you're current or a previous partner, and the disclaimer is preferably a show you watched from episode one and not just randomly like watching when you're watching it.
Speaker 4: Good question.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Game of Thrones for me, my boyfriend had never seen it. So we just started from season one and took us about seven months. I think kept going.
Speaker 4: That's a great one. I got pulled into that one by an ex girlfriend. I would say, detroitter's are you failing with this show? It was two seasons. It's Tim Robinson and Sam oh Boy. It's going to come back to.
Speaker 1: Me, Sam oh Boy.
Speaker 4: I like it, Yes, Sam oh Boy, Sam Richardson. And it's a comedy. It was a short lived comedy two seasons on Comedy Central, and it was so funny, and it was the thing Tim Robinson did just prior to I think you should leave. But it's basically it's just it's kind of absurd comedy, but at the crux of it, it's just about two guy best friends and how much they love each other and the adventures they get into. That's all fun, it's all heart and then laughs. It's great Detroiters, No Detroiters, Yep, Detroiters.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: I highly recommend. And it's you know, it's a thirty minute sitcom, but it's it's funny, it's irreverent, but it's also just sweet because it's two guys who aren't afraid to be like, I love you, I love you, buddy, let's go.
Speaker 1: Okay, I want to watch that. Thank you. That's good.
Speaker 4: Hannah asks what holiday was the best to celebrate in Wilmington.
Speaker 1: Oh, did I celebrate any holidays in Wilmington?
Speaker 4: Weren't there for like, you know, we all kind of went home. Yeah, I mean, I guess Fourth of July.
Speaker 1: That's probably fun. I'm sure they do something on the Cape Fear.
Speaker 4: When we were there for the fourth of July.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't remember any Fourth of July's there.
Speaker 4: Do you Maybe Halloween? We were there for Halloween.
Speaker 1: Halloween was fun because downtown was definitely flooded with people in costumes. It's such a college town Wilmington, so Halloween was a big Yeah, that's a good call. I would say that too, especially with the parties that Hillary would throw at her house. There was always something to do. Everybody really decorated their trailers, and Halloween was fun.
Speaker 4: It would have been funny if we just said an obscure holiday like Labor Day President's Day, and then we didn't add any clarification and just moved on. Everyone's like, why is that day? So we got to get to wilmingtown President's Day? What's going on there mail.
Speaker 1: The businesses just get an influx of people on President's Day.
Speaker 4: You're welcome, Chamber of Commerce.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, Brittany says. It's the late eighties early nineties on a Saturday morning. What cereal are you eating? And what cartoon show are you watching?
Speaker 4: Romuless, Brittany, this is such a good question. It's so good cereal. If it's specific to cereal, it's going to be probably fruity pebbles ooh. But I also definitely aaraied with toaster strudles.
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 4: And what cartoon am I watching? Oh? Man? I mean mask g I Joe, Gummy Bears. Those were Those are kind of the staples off the top of my eye.
Speaker 1: I know there was something that was on before Smurfs. I wasn't allowed to watch the Smurfs, but there was something that was on right before it that I watched, maybe My Little Pony, but I feel like it was something else and I can't remember. I liked the sparkly, magical, girly cartoons.
Speaker 4: I just did you ever get into Sailor Moon?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: Maybe, because Sailor Moon was awesome?
Speaker 1: Was that Japan animation?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, I did not I remember seeing commercials for it, though I didn't watch a lot of cartoons.
Speaker 4: Oh man, there was some good ones. Jim Jim and the hol Aground remember that whole theme song. Yeah, Sailor Moon was a fun one. Oh, I mean obviously, like Looney Tunes was awesome.
Speaker 1: That actually is. Yeah, animals and tiny tuns, tiny tuns. There was another one after tiny chuns was maybe it was they were little muppet muppet babies. That's what it was. Not animals. It was muppet babies and tiny tuns. That's what I loved. And I had been eating lucky charms.
Speaker 4: Yeah, lucky ducktails. Did you ever party with ducktails?
Speaker 1: Sometimes? That was a little boring for me.
Speaker 4: Chippendale Rescue Rangers, guys, we had it good back then. I don't know what the cartoon selection is these days, but Bluey is great. But I mean, come on, I don't know. All right, Jackie says, excuse me, excuse me. Jackie asks, do you have any goals that you set for yourself that you want to accomplish by the end of the year. So let's I wonder if that's sort of well. Also, let me just follow up question to that, Joy do you are you? In New Year's resolutions person.
Speaker 1: I have become more of one I didn't used to be, although I do try and set some kind of something take intentional, take a look at the year ahead and reflect on patterns of behavior or just things that I think I could do better at, and try to set an intention and a plan for how I might go about changing that. I try not to make anything too grand or sweeping, because I feel like very lofty goals are harder to achieve, so I try and move in smaller increments. I did not I don't have anything other than finishing a book, which I did. There's nothing else that I really want to accomplish. By the end of the year, I'm pretty tired. I just want to rest.
Speaker 4: What about you, that's a good question. I think I'm similar to you where I've realized the whole grandiose thing just it's just lip service. It doesn't go anywhere. So I kind of set more actionable goals like I had one a couple of years ago, which was I'm no longer allowed to have conversations with people who aren't in the room, because I realized I was spending a lot of my time like in the shower, just when I was by myself, like having imaginary arguments, having imaginary fights, oh yeah, solutions with people. And the thing is they never end with me feeling more relaxed and peaceful. They've always seemed to agitate or excite my nervous system. So I realized that it's just it's sort of this self involved act that only just affects me in a negative way. So my resolution was, I'm I'm no longer allowed to talk to people who aren't the room.
Speaker 1: That's great. I think that's relatable for a lot of people. I know there's a lot of people who don't do that, but there are a lot who do. I'm one of those people. And I've also in recent years caught myself and been like, what this is stressing me out? Why am I having an imaginary conversation that doesn't exist. It's not happening. I'm not I'm never going to fix the moment that passed. I can't go back and rehab that moment and say the right thing. If there's a conversation in the future that I'm going to have, I can prepare for that by being thoughtful. But I don't need to have some kind of stressful release of saying things that I would never say in real life? Do you know what I mean? Like, it's just it's too much.
Speaker 4: I think what it comes from is it's it's our brains wanting to protect us. I'll speak for myself. I think it's my brain wanting to protect me. It's sort of saying, if we play through every scenario of how this could go, then we can't be caught off guard. Yes, the problem is ninety percent of time, whatever the scenario is, doesn't even isn't even have doesn't happen. Yeah. And the other thing too, is I only play through the negatives. Yeah, I never. I never in the shower go what if I get out of here? And Jenny says that I'm a I'm an amazing man in a great debt. That's not what happens. My brain's like, what if I get out of here? And she says, hmm, kind of a long shower, I only think of things that would like agitate me, and and so it's okay, that's a losing proposition.
Speaker 1: Yes, I agree. I agree. That's a great that's a great goal. I love it. Okay, Reese wants to know what current issues or topics would Haley draw inspiration from to write her music. I don't know, you know, you know, Rees, I don't know that Haley was ever a writer about issues. I feel like she was more of what her own personal experiences were and what her longings are and what I mean. I'm only saying that because I guess that's kind of how I am too, So I related to Haley on that on that level. But yeah, I don't know she I think she probably would have been writing about her kids going off to college and feeling like there's empty nest syndrome and trying to reconnect with Nathan and what does it look like to be rebuilding a home that looked one way and now is looking like something else. I think I think that would be irrelevant for her.
Speaker 4: I buy it. Yeah, Aaron asks what This is a great question, Aaron, if only you had a nickname attached to it, what would your character bring to friends giving?
Speaker 1: Well, Hayley brings a turkey, Yeah, what do you bring?
Speaker 4: I think Clay brings a really delicious side dish or two that he one ordered and picked up from a good restaurant on the way to friendsgiving, like he is courteous enough that he wants to bring something people will like, but he is also inept enough, having been a bachelor for so long that he doesn't know how to cook anything. So he's like, I'm just going to order something tasty from a good restaurant.
Speaker 1: Also courteous to not make people eat something that you know is subpart.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because otherwise, you know, it would be like a cereal crusted chicken or something, and it would just be terrible.
Speaker 1: Captain crunch green beans.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly exactly. I got it off Pinterest. Guys, everyone's like, no, stay off Pinterest. Good.
Speaker 1: Okay, So here's one from Gwen. She says, who is your favorite director to work with and what made that person special to work with? Is this limited to One Tree Hill or is this just in general?
Speaker 4: That's a great I think let's let's say it's not limited. I like that.
Speaker 1: Let's broaden it up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because also then my answer is going to be a tie between you and Sofia. Okay, fine, my answer is, Sophia, how do you like that joy? Because of your editor? It's fine, It's fine. No, I think it's got to be it can be any director, because I think that's that's more meaningful. Okay, do you have one, because I have one.
Speaker 1: I think it is hard to say my very favorite. I've worked with several directors that I really absolutely loved. I think you know who's coming to mind right now is Kevin Bray, who he directed a lot and was an executive producer on Pearson the Suit spin off that I did for a season. And he used to be a music video director, got his start there and then started branching off into TV and now he's doing The Morning Show and he's been doing The Penguin on HBO, and like, super, super talented guy, but very soft spoken, and he's an observer and he was just so good at giving you space as an actor and trusting you. And if he had a note, it was minimal and there wasn't a lot of verbiage. It was he just trusted that you could feel what needed to be done, and if you were having a hard time, he would maybe even just ask you relevant questions to get your brain thinking so that you could solve your own problem, which is so I think that could be a really hard thing to do for an actor or for a director to know how to give an actor the dignity of solving their own problem without you having to even tell them what to do. It's really cool skill. Kevin Bray love him.
Speaker 4: That's great man. Yeah, it's a toss up. So my very first one of the very first directors on my first TV shows, guy David Hogan, was amazing to work with. But he also is the one who planted the seed. I remember before we even started shooting, he said, just keep it as honest as possible, and that was where that and that has become my north star and has always been my north star is just let's just keep it honest.
Speaker 1: I remember you talking about that in the episode we watched when you were dealing with Sarah's death.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly. He was the one who planted that seed, which, like I said, it was great because that's sort of it was just my guiding light always like is this honest? Okay? You know. And but Tim Bussfeld, he direct he was our directing producer on Lipstick Jungle, and he really took me under his wing. He's the other guy I've talked about that. He's the guy who said it should be a privilege for the audience to know what you're thinking.
Speaker 1: Wait, was he an actor on thirty something.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's him.
Speaker 1: Oh well, yeah, I've heard. He's great.
Speaker 4: Suit he's the best. Mean, she's an actress director because he knows how to talk to you, the way he runs a set, I mean, invaluable in my development. I loved working with him.
Speaker 1: That's so cool.
Speaker 4: Well got it.
Speaker 1: I think that's it, I guess. So thank you everybody. Thanks for hanging out. I can't wait to see you next time. We'll have Sophia back and we'll get we'll get into episode seven nineteen. Thanks everybody.
Speaker 4: In the meantime, guys, send us some more of these great questions because you're on a hot streak. They've been wonderful. And also throwing a nickname, would you because it just it just brightens our day? Just pap a nickname in there, would you already?
Speaker 1: Thanks guys, Hey, thanks for listening.
Speaker 4: Don't forget to leave us a review.
Speaker 3: You can also follow us on Instagram at Drama Queen's ot.
Speaker 1: Or email us at Drama Queens at iHeartRadio dot com.
Speaker 2: See next time, we all about that high school drama girl, Drama girl, all about them high school queens.
Speaker 3: We'll take you for a ride and our comic girl cheering for the right teams.
Speaker 2: Drama queens, traleise, my Girl, rough girl fashion, which your tough girl, You could sit with us Girl Drama Queens, Drama Queise, Drama Queens, Drama, Drama Queens, Drama Queens