Speaker 1: I've been in rooms with Blake Griffin and his intimidating.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I met him once. I hated it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it doesn't make you feel like a human.
Speaker 2: Being anymore, not a man one, not a male one. That's because you're like his hands or three of my hands.
Speaker 1: And he's not. He's he's way skinnier than he appears on TV. So he's also like just it's like clearly a dude with abs and the old hands and muscles. And you're like, all right, bro, that's a cheat code.
Speaker 2: You can't do that, you know. Don't come over here being funny. I'm gonna have to kill this man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you ain't funny to me, bitch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ain't funny. This clock.
Speaker 1: Empty the clip on your big But I'll take you down.
Speaker 2: Fuck, it's me and you. I don't give a ship ready to die today.
Speaker 3: That's a chips in your eas Quali bears are racist, the player Fox, the money turning stuff. Y'all can't tell me.
Speaker 1: I want to get with you, but I can't right now.
Speaker 2: Maybe, Girland, that's the issue.
Speaker 1: Through the phone.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another episode of My I've Told Me.
Speaker 1: The podcast when we dive deep, deep into the pockets of black cospiracy theories.
Speaker 2: And we finally work to prove that if you connect the dots on Morgan Freeman's face, it is a interstellar celestial map pointing directly to the black planet that Public Enemy told y'all to be feared about. I'm David Borden, WHOA.
Speaker 1: I'm like snick Herman, and okay, let me let me make sure I'm understanding this correctly.
Speaker 2: Get it.
Speaker 1: Public Enemy tells us of a planet of black people. Mm hmm, this legendary black planet in their in their music. And then Morgan Freeman is actually the source, the the map, the code that could lead us to said black planet.
Speaker 2: He's the fifth element for black people. Fuck, he's our fifth element.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: And it's not He's not the first one. There's always been a Morgan Freeman. He is actually a part of a secret group who are the keepers of the map.
Speaker 1: I like this because it does imply that this is just being passed down through time. There's a level of truth almost to it this way, whereas like if he was just born with a map on his face, it's like, now get the fuck out of here. We're not We're not mystics. We are real people who have shared a history with the people that come after us.
Speaker 2: It's like the Knights of Templar for niggas.
Speaker 1: Whoa damn hell. Yeah, thanks, I'm in, Thank you, I'm in. And if I meet him, I'm gonna start drawing on his old face immediately, immediately, I'm gonna get a permanent market. I'm gonna say, excuse me, mister, doctor Freeman. You've got a doctorate somewhere.
Speaker 2: Somebody gave him one.
Speaker 1: You've been on this earth too long not to be a doctor. With that voice, Doctor Morgan Freeman, I'm gonna need you to step aside because I got some coloring to do.
Speaker 2: Exactly. My plan is to become good friends with him infiltrated social circle, have a child, name him the child's godfather. When the child gets old enough to sit on his lap, I give him a sharp and he does it for me. Then we all laugh while I furiously take notes.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, see. My only issue with that take is I wouldn't sit no child on Morgan Freeman's lap. He had sex with his step granddaughter, and frankly that that makes me nervous about how far you would take it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true. I forgot he's a perd.
Speaker 1: Yeah, listen, I think I think that's right. I think Margan Breeman just wanted to I think he was eighty eight to one hundred and forty six years old, and he said, I want pussy more than I care about the morality of a planet that I'm not going to be on for much longer.
Speaker 2: Butch is because he understands the truth of the black planet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, He's like, I'm not even from here, dog, Yeah, I'm going back home. I've got a map on my face.
Speaker 2: And did he just have sex with her or was it like a relationship.
Speaker 1: I think it was like a real relationship. Yeah, if I'm not mistaken, and I could be mistaken, but my understanding is they were in a real relationship and she was actually murdered by her ex boyfriend when he found out that she essentially was like having this affair with Morgan Freeman.
Speaker 2: Do you think it was he was more upset that she was fucking her grandpa or the dude from driving Miss Daisy.
Speaker 1: It is. I think I think maybe lean on Me might have been the no was a cool one, that's where it is. Yeah, But I think that's when he starts going like you're imagining him yelling at you and telling you to stand up straight and shit, and he's like, oh, fuck this dude.
Speaker 2: He's holding that mister Clark.
Speaker 4: Mister Clark.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that that's playing in his head and he's like, nah, I can't I can't live like this. Oh well, complicated life on that guy. Yeah, Morgan's made it a long time, and maybe if you make it that long, you can do whatever the fuck you want.
Speaker 2: Who knows, hopefully not.
Speaker 1: That's why I'm gonna die at fifty three, just to make sure I don't turn into a scoundrel.
Speaker 2: To be fair, that's a black seventy six.
Speaker 1: Come on, I made it a good long time.
Speaker 2: I was like that far. Oh yeah, I'm dark skinned. I got four years left.
Speaker 1: And listeners, you better make it a good for you. You've got a lot of responsibility on your shoulders. Make my boy happy for his final little collegiate run.
Speaker 2: No, I'm doing okay. I quit eating meat for a while recently, though. It's freaking me out.
Speaker 1: WHOA like you? You had eaten so much meat that you were like, I gotta get off this meat. Don't do that to me, I gotta get off this meat, is what you said to yourself.
Speaker 2: I just wanted to see if I could do it. It makes your inside.
Speaker 1: Stinky though not being on meat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like I've been farting like crazy. Oh damn, yeah, farting and poops a while. So we said I gotta take some B twelve. I'm also it's just like I just wanted to see if I could do for a little bit.
Speaker 1: So it's like at the we we had a we should let the listeners know. We had our live show in Denver recently at Thanks for the Coming Festival. Thank you for coming out those of you that did. It was packed, it was fun. We certainly had a good time. We don't give a ship how you felt about it. That said, there was a barbecue and you're wearing the hat from your your annual barbecue. It says race wars where uh, and it is a double entendre for those who are who are.
Speaker 2: Kind of right on the nose of what is anything else going on there where?
Speaker 1: Bory commissions young, young, and old people to foot race each other based on race, and uh, it's not ethnic background.
Speaker 2: That comes into play. It was not the point initially.
Speaker 1: Sure, Yeah, but it is the motivation.
Speaker 2: Now I would say it's one thing I like about it.
Speaker 1: That said, I guess the question that i'd ask is at this barbecue, were you not eating meat? Did you not have any of WHOA?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I ate right before I came, because it was because I knew it was going to be all this barbecue.
Speaker 1: So you were just sustaining yourself on on peer passion for watching people race each other.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in racial politics, Damn, that's beautiful, right.
Speaker 1: That teaches us that that you don't need food, you just need to watch a white man run against a black man.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Shot the black people though only one loss. Yeah, and we will not say his name.
Speaker 1: And I do have footage.
Speaker 2: Shamed him terribly.
Speaker 1: I not only shamed him, I then spent what should have been my nap time afterwards editing a video. You came back that night with the video, a fully edited video of him losing the race. It was hilarious, So I couldn't be prouder of it, and I've watched it every day since.
Speaker 2: When you showed him the video, he said.
Speaker 1: Why why would you? Why did you how did you know? Look? Man, you lose a foot race to a white man, and this is what happens.
Speaker 2: He should have.
Speaker 1: Known better, running into with jeans one jeans on. That's true.
Speaker 2: The young boys can do that. Like the youngest guy who was the fastest. He had jeans unlaced, Jordan ones and he refused to tie them up. Yeah, and he still smoked everybody. Shout you know what, I'll give him a shoutout.
Speaker 1: He deserves it.
Speaker 2: Shout out to Eland stribbling. Hell, yeah, the fastest fastest young black man.
Speaker 1: Alive, as far as I can tell. Yeah, Yeah, I don't know that many young black people anymore. So, as far as I know, he's the fastest. And until somebody beats him, that's that's my number one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we said tied shoes. He said, don't need to.
Speaker 1: He's I'm good, I don't need that.
Speaker 2: And then he then he smoked everybody.
Speaker 1: And he didn't need to, and he beat a fair amount of people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he only lost this AJ who had his shoes tied and was wearing hose shorts.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be honest with you, I don't really think he lost. The AJ. AJ kept saying he did, bro.
Speaker 2: And I think A needed it. So we had to keep it there, but I.
Speaker 1: Didn't want to say anything, you know what I mean. I didn't want to take that from him. I'm like, bro, you you were a D one athlete. Yeah, you've earned the right to declare your victory over this young man, and you got that. But like as a as a very vocal observer, that.
Speaker 2: Nigga, that nigga didn't win no race. Yeah, that's the best part is the vocal man. Listen, if you guys are listening to this, you want to fun barbecue activity, Get.
Speaker 1: Him a race, make people race each other.
Speaker 2: It's so good.
Speaker 1: It's really good until somebody gets hurt. And thankfully nobody got hurt. Yeah, but he was seriously injured, luckily because they were doing it cold. People were racing off a two barbecue like to barbecue sandwiches.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I didn't see a single person stretched.
Speaker 2: All days, not one at all.
Speaker 1: We should get into this conspiracy. I'm sure you all can tell at this point this is a Langston and David David and Langston episode. This isn't there ain't no guest. We just bullshitting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nobody's like in the cut waiting to talk.
Speaker 1: What if they were though, and we just wasted all that time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and now welcome our guests.
Speaker 1: She's like, what's up y'all? Bat makes me wait this long to talk too. Oh yeah, it's fun.
Speaker 2: I like, I love her.
Speaker 1: She's great.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: That said, we we have a conspiracy theory. This was your pitch. You pitched a conspiracy that. I was very excited to hear that that. I don't think has come up ever on the podcast. If it has, it was like an ancient mini episode, but it is certainly has never been a more substantial conversation. But you said my mama told me Mozart was black. I actually am one point four percent Nigerian African. I'm a sister.
Speaker 2: Okay ah, yes, and tell me everything. You know. Here's a funny thing. I don't. It's just it's a weird thing that's come up because when I was thinking about it after I pitched it. It's because it came up. Where did it come up? Oh, I'll talk to some niggas brou But I just feel like outside talking to people.
Speaker 1: You man, what do you know about Mozart?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, my block is active, so like I'll be on the phone on the block sometimes because I don't want to talk to everybody. Anyways, I've heard it so many times, and I realized as soon as I pitched it to you that I do not have I've never heard any backup other than it just being like, hey, you know what, the Mozart was black? Right, And then I kind of looked into what made I looked up what made Mozart's music unique, Like maybe on some like type of maybe there was something like some black trait of what he did, but it's really nothing other than absolute Michael Jordan level mastery of the craft. Right, he was a multi genre. I didn't know he was a multi genre over like high output, over six hundred works virtuoso right first started composing of five. So there's really no there's nothing I have to time to black people other than his greatness, you know what I mean. Feels like it could be a Michael Jordan type situation.
Speaker 1: Right, You're like, this is legendary work, not unlike so many of our black icons. Exactly black person exactly when you said this, and this is worth noting, I too had heard people say that Mozart is black, but more often I think what I had heard was that Beethoven is black. That's that's the one that I think i've I've heard the most, and so I was surprised a little bit when when Mozart came down the line, But I was excited because I certainly it gave me a reason to look up a bunch of shit that to your point, everybody that's ever told me either of them was black never backed it up with any evidence. They were just like, yeah, you know, they were black, and then they sometimes are like and they were deaf and blind and had no arms, and they still made the best music ever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I heard they only had sex with women in the butt because they didn't want to get caught up having babies.
Speaker 1: You ain't gonna get my Mozart money, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Also, I uh so, I will say, full disclosure, I could have heard the Beethoven thing as well and just conflated the two. In my mind, there's not one thing that's like distinctively Beethoven or Mozart that would make me remember one or the other in any of these situations.
Speaker 1: I don't know the difference between the two of them even for a second.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, the Beethoven's fifth or whatever, the one from the movie Beethoven dud dun dum.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't know. I could be wrong, you might be right. It's the fifth I know he's got He's got one through nine. That people yo that first little like EP, he dropped whatever.
Speaker 2: Then those first three movies went hard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Beethove.
Speaker 2: Not for me.
Speaker 1: You can really tell that's not the same dog, you know, Yeah.
Speaker 2: He just I think he got rich. There was. It was a money grab. That dog got rich.
Speaker 1: The dog got Richie he started doing weird stuff with his money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the dog got a monkey. It was fucked up.
Speaker 1: So long, and there's like that dead space before it starts with that. You can hear that something's happening, but you don't know what the fuck is happening.
Speaker 2: No, I know, we might have to cut it down. We also have one on here. I don't even know what it means.
Speaker 1: I'm excited at present.
Speaker 2: I want you to know this.
Speaker 5: If your prayers include me to stop drinking, stop smoking, and stop having fun and stop.
Speaker 2: Watching these little bitches popped the ass.
Speaker 5: If your prayers include any of those things, it's not gonna work because of rejecting them all. And I will be continued in my saying. We could ask motherfucking ways. I gets it that the way you want to put I.
Speaker 1: Think you should label that one the Lord or it's prayer and.
Speaker 2: Got to tat it on my chest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I think I'd easily identify it that way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good call here. I didn't know what that was. Some of them are named really well, though not as straightforward as you think.
Speaker 1: That said. I certainly have heard that Mozart is black. I've certainly heard that Beethoven is black. I think before we jump into this research, I guess the big question I would ask you is how much do you actually believe this?
Speaker 2: I mean, here's the thing. I definitely believe, like we've talked about, like like Frederick Douglas and shit like that. I definitely believe in the changing of one's traits to fit whatever history narrative is. And I think that there is the distance between us and Mozart so large that of course things could have been changed over time. And I think I think that like back in that era, it would be much easier to convert someone back then from anything to white than it would be now. Like nobody, You're not gonna be able to come out and be like Drake wasn't black one hundred years from now, because we've got videos and things like that. Yeah, but I think back then and like especially not a lot of people read like it's pretty easy to just control that narrative and flip it. So like, I, yeah, I don't. I don't have any proofs, So I'm not gonna gonna say I fully believe it, but I definitely think it's possible, no questions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel similarly. I think there's literally no pictures of Mozart. It's not possible. The photography was not invented when this motherfucker was around, and so like everything is just a depiction of these people, and the depictions vary. There are times where you look at some of the drawings and paintings of these individuals and they do they don't even look like the person that was drawn in the other picture. And they're both white guys. So the possibility that maybe some of the features were reshaped, the coloring was was, you know, reimagined, whatever it is, None of that feels out of the realm of possibility in this case exactly exactly.
Speaker 2: And where is he from? England?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Mozarts from I think Austria. If I'm not mistaken, it's yeah, listen, he's from Arnold Schwarzenegger Town versus the other guys. Yeah, I think you know there their origins are so foreign to me and they're in the Truthfully, even what we know about them is so minimal in some ways that like there are all these things that you sort of discover and reading about these guys that frankly have not necessarily been proven or just speculation, including whether or not they could hear or see, and so it's like, yeah, maybe they could have also been black. None of us know anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I also don't know it doesn't sound terrible. I don't know where black people were in the world at that time. I don't know if there were lots of black people on Europe, you know, does that make sense? Yeah, the dispersion of black people at that time in the world, I don't know, because like now you go to Paris, it's like again of black people, But like, I don't know if it was like that three hundred years ago.
Speaker 1: And I think that's part of the sort of like intentional manipulation of history, right, Like, even if we're not saying definitively that Mozart or Beethoven or whoever is black. I think there has been sort of like this intentional manipulation to make it feel as if Europe was a white place at all times, that like this was just a place where white people originated or built or whatever it is, and they dominated this space. And to some extent that may have been true.
Speaker 2: But I think.
Speaker 1: There's also a massive population of European people who were dark skinned, people who were black, who were from other countries originally and then migrated to these spaces, and it's not really acknowledged throughout history. And really even now as a world traveler, there are times where I go places and I'm surprised at how large the black population.
Speaker 2: Is everywhere I went to Europe. Everywhere I went to Europe, I was like very surprised. Yeah, like specifically France, but everywhere where it was like, oh, this was I thought we had no footprint here, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And it's a big one. We have a big foot yeah. Yeah, and they don't talk. I mean I heard Australia doesn't have a lot of us. Yeah, I didn't see it. I'm not gonna lie to you. I wouldn't.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: I wasn't wowed by the numbers when I went out there and just.
Speaker 2: Speaking Australia, not a little black fellers. Yeah, it's funny to be too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love that. God damn it. All right, we're gonna take a break. We'll be back with more at lengths than more, David and more. My mama told me, you.
Speaker 2: Think the bigger the booty, the finer idiot, And now we can convince her.
Speaker 3: She walked switching that big old booty and all that, it ain't nothing but do.
Speaker 2: Do in there.
Speaker 1: It ain't nothing but do do in here either. You are back.
Speaker 2: My mama told me, we're talking about the possibility of whether most Mozart and maybe Beethoven was black.
Speaker 1: M possibly Beethoven, possibly Beethoven. So I did look this up. I did do a little bit of research on this, and one of the things that fascinated me most about this conspiracy, and we talked about this a little bit, is that even the people who entertained the theory, the theory like pretty substantially do plainly state that there is no definitive evidence of this claim Mozart being black. There is no definitive evidence whatsoever. However, they do point to a few pieces of small evidence that potentially suggest he has a hidden racial identity. That's all I need, That's all you need is a little taste. And I think this was the first clip of information. Would you say that you're racist? No, no, look at a dog.
Speaker 2: He's as black as can be, right, and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then it's sort of trees out from there. One of the first things that they point to is that, and this feels stupid to say out loud, but it is. Some of the information that I found is that his great great, great, great great great grandfather, that's a lot of them, it's six greats was born in this place called Lake Constance. I believe it's Germany, which is right on the border of Germany, Austria and Switzerland. It's in that weird sort of like trifecta area that the song of the Sound of Music was you know, them Niggas was.
Speaker 2: Right around that Bavaria.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, come on, man, what are you trying to put pressure on me that you know I didn't know the answer to.
Speaker 2: Wow, it's very pretty Oh you're.
Speaker 1: Looking it up. Yeah, yeah. Anyway, well, that's that's where his fucking six times. Granddaddy is from right, and they say that that place apparently was a very popular destination for African traders, and it creates an increased likelihood that someone from there would have African ancestry. That it's very likely based off of just being from that place, that is great great great great great great great grandfather was of African descent. In some way.
Speaker 2: I love the idea of these African traders, like I'm gonna go up to Germany sell these spices, get a little pussy.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna knock down a bitch. I'm playing some seed and I'm riding out of there.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna be back till, you know, next season when he needs some oil or whatever.
Speaker 1: The I'm gonna lift up my baby in her and get the fuck out down here. Yeah. Yeah, I'll be gone before the devil knows.
Speaker 2: I notuse You're just cool like this.
Speaker 1: Yeah there was a fly. Oh I was chewing your joke away. If that's how you took it.
Speaker 2: I thought you were like a grandpa.
Speaker 1: No, I was like, oh, David, you are some.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 1: Additionally, besides, like this very loose lineage that they attempt to trace for him, which even if that is true, this motherfucker would have been barely black, right, Yeah, big as l but it's not very dark. Biggest goddamn fuck.
Speaker 2: Anyways.
Speaker 1: The additional evidence there's this famous writer that was from his time, right from Mozart's time, This dude, Johann Wolfgang von Goeth. And why aren't we naming our kids like this anymore?
Speaker 2: I don't know, man, I like that a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's pretty fucking cool. Johann Wolfgang von Goeth Goth. I don't I don't know. I say some of this ship, maybe Chris, it could be its g O E. T h e Keith Gith g wolf Gang von Rick Ross sound Luck nine thousand described Mozart as the Blackamore's delight. That that is how he described him. Now, when I heard that, it became very unclear to me he was saying that he's black or if he's saying like this is like a Bobby Caldwell situation, right, and niggas just like him a lot. You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: It sounds like a candy Yeah, you know what, like a candy in like the Lion the Witch on the world.
Speaker 1: It's like a big old fruit punch that you suck on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but like in the in the in the in the can with the can opener, remember that this punch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like a real you gotta work for this candy. It's fermenting.
Speaker 2: Also, don't drink it straight from the can. You'll go blind.
Speaker 1: You're gonna get real sick.
Speaker 2: That's how they got Ray Charles. He fell into some of that Hawaiian punching the can when he's a little kid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was eating all that that Blackamore's delight.
Speaker 2: As long as it's clean, I'll eat the black bush delight.
Speaker 4: Ah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And so that's that's the other piece of evidence. There are a few others. So another writer, Henry Gretrey, also described Mozart as quote unquote the little Negro, and then Mozart's biographer Herman Abert wrote that Mozart had a somewhat negroid appearance.
Speaker 2: See, and this is interesting to me because like, you know how you mean some people and you're like, man, I think there's some in there. You think it was like that kind of a thing. I think so, because it sounds like the characteristics must be at least broad nose and big lips, right, like to even get that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's like that Michelle Wolf shit right.
Speaker 2: Right, what if it was just like he could dance, that's an I don't know what I saw him hooping yesterday.
Speaker 1: Mozart just had hoop shorts underneath his tails. They're like, nah, a game could break out anywhere. Yeah yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: He took the powdered wig off. He said, it's time to go.
Speaker 1: The music is cool, but ball, it's life. I'm trying to hoop.
Speaker 2: I mean that second one, those dudes seem very You don't get that on accident, you know what I'm.
Speaker 1: Saying, Like if you're a little negro, like.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't call Michelle Wolf the little negro.
Speaker 1: No, and she would like it if you did. But no, you don't give her that. But like you know what I mean, Like that's like a very.
Speaker 2: That.
Speaker 1: That's that's very that. That seems like a tell to me. That feels big.
Speaker 4: M h.
Speaker 1: So the other piece of evidence that I actually think might be maybe the most substantial piece of information that I came across and reading about this ship is, uh, there was actually this dude, a a I guess contemporary of Mozart, although apparently he came first, but there was this French black musician named Joseph Bolonne Chevalier de Saint George's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they just made a movie about him, did they. Yeah, I think it might still be in theaters.
Speaker 1: Oh shit, yeah, the Chevalier, Yeah Chevalier. Am I saying it wrong?
Speaker 2: You're did you think it was Chevalier?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I was like, I think it was a Chevy Cavalier. Chevy Cavalier got a movie about him. But that dude apparently was sort of the uh. They often referred to him as the black Mozart because he was composed the first black classical composer in history, and he's considered a major influence on Mozart, Like Mozart looked to him as like a motherfucker he fucks with, right.
Speaker 2: And it's like an Elvis situation.
Speaker 1: That's the problem, right, is that they call him the black Mozart, but he technically came before Mozart or they at least like existed at the same time. But because he was definitively a black man, a black man who came out of slavery and in the Caribbean and shit, they basically he couldn't reach the popularity that Mozart could reap, and so Mozart, despite the fact that they probably are contemporaries of each other and maybe even rivals. In some sense, Mozart gets all the acclaim as like the dude sort of inventing this cool, fucking, amazing style of shit, when in fact, my boy Chevy Cavalier was doing it the whole time, right.
Speaker 2: And then like twenty years later, at the Hip Hop Honors Award, Mozart is like, hey, I couldn't have done it without Chevy Cavalier. Yeah, you know, Cavalier's back. He's in Cleveland, his life is not going good.
Speaker 1: Nah, he's down bad baby, but he gets that shout out and he's like, see I told you and Joe Dumbas yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: His wife is like, are you gonna take out the trash? He's like, bitch, I could have been somebody.
Speaker 1: Them little shout outs don't feed your family, Chevy Cavalier.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: And so I do think in some ways maybe this black Mozart story, this history of Mozart being a black man, is in fact a conflation of the literal black quote unquote black Mozart that did exist, and we we just ignore because history made it that way.
Speaker 2: I that that is fair. I do wonder about though the direct descriptions of it are interesting. Maybe it's like, uh now, the more I'm thinking about it, though, like the idea of saying his face was negroid, that's almost how you know he wasn't black, right, Like, you don't have to describe my face as that because that's what.
Speaker 1: It looks like, right that they're sort of like just just trying to describe a funny looking man to them by using what they consider to be funny looking, which is negro features.
Speaker 2: Right right, right right, I mean you put the funny thing on it.
Speaker 1: I think I'm trying to speak for the people of the time period, not that I think that black people look funny looking. Yeah, oh facts, Come on, let me be clear. I don't think all of y'all are beautiful. I think some of y'all very odd. But I don't think that's a racial thing as much as a specific.
Speaker 2: That's a familiar thing. And it's like, yeah, I've never seen Craig mackin a leprecha in the same room.
Speaker 1: Come on, Sam, because what you got, yo, that's a weird face. But no, I it does seem like there may be is a little bit of a conflation here, and Mozart is Elvis to Chevy Cavaliers, little Richard.
Speaker 2: Damn, that's a that's a that that makes it also really it tales all this time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it does feel more honest that way.
Speaker 2: Yeah. History repeats itself over and over again as we find all the time, and that feels like that right.
Speaker 1: Now. I did also want to look up the Beethoven question, because, like I said, Beethoven was the thing that I'm more cowered the the suggestion I more commonly heard when I was a kid, And as it turns out, that almost has sort of an identical level of proof that it mostly is people sort of like suggesting that he had like negro Ish features. At one point, there's a little more definitive proof that he's just Flemish and not necessarily a black man, but a lot of people sort of saying he had like a black quality about him and all of that shit. That said, the Beethoven being black actually has a more substantial historical imprint than I realized. So there's this dude, this dude, Samuel Coleridge Taylor, who was this mixed British composer. He was half black British composer who started speculating that Beethoven.
Speaker 2: Was huh oh, I was just gonna say to Bridgman, getting interracial for a minute.
Speaker 1: Yeah. They they ended slavery way before we did, and they were like, we did it for a reason. We talked to fuck on each other all that ass in those bridges, in those pantaloons.
Speaker 4: That's how they get you.
Speaker 2: So who's okay, go ahead, sorry, I got you.
Speaker 1: No, this is that's exactly what you're meant to do this. Samuel Coleridge Taylor in nineteen oh seven starts speculating that Beethoven was black. His theory is mostly driven by him seeing pictures of Beethoven and saying that they shared a lot of the same features that Basically, he looks at Beethoven and goes, there's no way this dude, if he were born in our era, would be depicted the way that he's being depicted in a lot of these other pictures because of how much we look alike, both in skin color and the wideness of our nose, the thickness of our lips, all the shit. Right, So he starts spreading this rumor, and this rumor catches fire in sort of like this underground way, so much so that it actually becomes a major talking point in the civil rights movement that like during the era of like like our civil rights movement in the sixties and seventies, we're seeing our fifties and sixties more. We're seeing people like Malcolm X and Stokely Carmichael use Beethoven was Black as a talking point in their speeches and in sort of like their advocacy for black civil rights. And specifically they're not saying it on some like scientific shit like yo, we here's the evidence, as much as they are using it as sort of like a metaphor for the greatness of black people and the manipulation of black history. So they're using what ultimately is a rumor as a weapon of choice to basically be like, yo, our whole history as a human race, our greatest shit comes from Black people, and the fact that y'all can't acknowledge our humanity is your brokenness, not ours.
Speaker 2: I do love that. I'm in hell.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love.
Speaker 2: Some good rhetoric.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And it did feel like that when I read it, where it was like, damn, I don't know that there's ever gonna be the definitive proof of these guys being black. But I'm not mad at it being a piece of rhetoric for the growth, the effectiveness, the salvation of our people, right that, Like, if this is just functions as a reminder that none of our history is necessarily proven and they could be black, then y'all, motherfuckers better take that seriously and treat us with the same respect you treat your greatest composers.
Speaker 2: Right I get. My question is, so for this to a PSU did a pretty long time, what is it that made this fart? Like for it to be a talking point just fifty years, sixty years ago? Was there some type of proof that came out to make it irrelevant in the last couple weeks, Like what took this out of fashion?
Speaker 1: I don't know that it has been taken out of fashion.
Speaker 2: I mean, I guess we've heard about it, and we've heard about it in the same type of context, right as it being like a hey, you know, which feels like what it was always you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: I think that's that's sort of the point, right is that like it cannot it can only go out of fashion if we stop repeating it to each other. And I think the reality is there is neither proof in either case. There is no proof that they are black, but there is no proof that they are not black. And all we can do is trace like family lineage and weird cartoons of these motherfuckers to decide whether or not they are in fact black.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that okay, I will. I do want to say that I think, even though I just said I do like the rhetoric, I think there is a slippery slope of trying to use greatness to justify what should be just basic human decency or whatever, you know what I mean, Like, I don't think that we have to be the greatest composer to ever.
Speaker 1: Live to deserve.
Speaker 2: An equal piece of the pie. And I sometimes I get worried of that type of thing where it's like we want to take someone because they're great to justify what should we should just be getting.
Speaker 1: Anyways, Yeah, I don't disagree with you. I do sometimes find myself feeling frustrated by black people's want to sort of like prove our ownership inside of history as a way of life, I guess, advocating for ourselves when in fact, it should just be y know, we are human and therefore deserving of all of the things that every other human deserves.
Speaker 2: Because it also feels like trying to satisfy white standards and things.
Speaker 1: That said, I don't know that they can hear it any other way, and so I do recognize that, like, especially if we're talking about like the civil rights movement, it's sort of like this, this attempt to advocate for a group of people that, like literally the law is saying, are not people, or at least not the same level of people. I recognize where this holds value. It just feels a little cornier. In twenty twenty three, we still got to be like Beethoven was black because like Nigga, I don't listen to Beethoven. Yeah, I don't give a fuck about mozarts, you know what I mean, I don't none of that means anything. Yeah, it's like I don't. I don't need them too. Yeah, And I shouldn't need Tiger Woods to be able to like exists, especially given how little he fucks with anything I am and represent.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly exactly. But all that, oh yeah, all that being said, I'm for this one. Yeah fuck yeah, sure, man, Yeah, maybe I'm gonna start telling people. I'm gonna tell people both of them. I'm gonna add some other ones.
Speaker 1: But boo, dumb, blind deaf men who made I guess the greatest songs of all time, apparently six hundred of them. We're black as hell, and and y'all can't say otherwise, prove it if they ain't.
Speaker 2: I think that movie that is the because I saw the ad for the movie, and I feel like there's a scene where he like shows up in corn rows and they're.
Speaker 1: Like, they're like, Chevy, what are you doing it? Oh no, I'm gonna watch it. I'm gonna watch I'll watch it. I'll report back. That's a curse on your house. All of your people will drive mediocre cars until they are running to the ground.
Speaker 2: Hey, but the newer car. It's like if you get a new car and still.
Speaker 1: Got some good ship Chevy Cavalier, any new car.
Speaker 2: You ever met a guy who has a new mid range car and he's always just like, buddy.
Speaker 1: Have I I'm a new mid range car kind of man.
Speaker 2: What do you got? I thought you were. I thought you'd be driving something saucy.
Speaker 1: No, I stay in a Honda Civic. Baby, really, Now we do we have a like a you know, a better car for that we bought. But for the Yeah, no, I'm not going to do I don't want that pressure on me. But it's not crazy. I ain't do nothing crazy. But it is like a nicer more like, you know, whatever kind of vehicle. But that said, what I prefer is I love a good ass Honda Civic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the day to day they're they're built for major use. Come on, that's the point. They're like a fleet fleet vehicle. Fuck you all right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, bug, just flewing my goddamn I in my own home. No, shut a window, bro, No, it's fruitflies. Oh man, Yeah, you gotta you gotta nip that in the bud. You gotta stop that before it starts. It's too late. These motherfuckers run the town.
Speaker 2: Now. I think there's some kind of candle you could get. This is good podcasting.
Speaker 1: Watching a man lose his eye to a fruit fly. You being like, you gotta get a candle, man, Yeah, brother, brother, do you have fruit fly candle?
Speaker 2: Obviously someone did not spread to making black cast or.
Speaker 1: Is that your solution for every issue is making black asteroid.
Speaker 2: It's my robot.
Speaker 1: God damn, I'll be honest, I haven't tried it, so maybe I'm fucking up.
Speaker 2: Oh it's good. It did bring my beard to life though. That's for real. Okay, Yeah, that's for real.
Speaker 1: Well, I think we did it. I think we landed this plane. We both are advocating for the possibility of blackness in both Mozart and Beethoven, and it sounds like we're also plugging fruitfly candles in Jamaican black castor oil. Yeah, yeah, right, m yeah. Do you want to tell the people where they can find you on what cool shit you have going on?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I got another month left on my Aluminum Foil tour. Come to bring David to plate dot com. The dates I got Columbus, Ohio on October fifth, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, October sixth and seventh. That's two shows each night. Springfield, Missouri, October twelfth, Saint Louis, Missouri, October thirteenth and fourteenth, New York City October twenty first, Worcestern, Massachusetts, October twenty second. Kansas City, what's that? I never been there? Kansas City, Missouri, October twenty fifth. Suit Falls, South Dakota October twenty Minneapolis, Minnesota, October twenty seventh and twenty eighth. Cool Guy joke eighty seven on Instagram. Come on out, It'll be a good time.
Speaker 1: Fuck yeah. Go follow David on his endless tour, And as always, you can follow me at Langston Kerman. And if you want to see me live, I'll be at the House of Comedy in New Westminster October thirteenth and October fourteenth, and then I'll be at Dead Crow Comedy Room October twentieth and twenty first. November tenth through eleventh, I'll be at the Vermont Comedy Club, and then I will also be at Hyena's Comedy Club in Dallas, Texas, November seventeenth through the eighteenth. And if you want to send us your own drops, if you want to send us your own conspiracies, if you want to draw your own pictures of what Beethoven and Mozarts might have looked like, and you better make sure them dick's are long and them asses are fat. When come on, I don't care what they're them noses and and lips look like that. I want big old long dicks and big old fat asses on some hips. Come on, make them fit and send it all to my mama pot at gmail dot com. We would love to hear from you and follow us on YouTube. Subscribe, I think is what the young people tell you.
Speaker 2: Like and subscribe.
Speaker 1: I think like and subscribe. We want to get those numbers up, even though it means we're going to have to do something very terrible as a result of this. It's it's eerily close.
Speaker 2: I've been noticing they go up. The views go up every week to on the thing. That's unfortunate, Like each video has more views, so I'm like, God, it's just catch.
Speaker 1: The Yeah, it's starting to catch a little bit of fire, and that's unfortunate. But we will hold ourselves accountable to what we owe. And that's the whole shebang. Bye bitch on he rona born to a fortune.
Speaker 3: They live me o Christmas Day he put it.
Speaker 1: He died on the cross to take sid away. You take him high, you can't kid him low.
Speaker 3: You take jac.
Speaker 1: Wherever you go.
Speaker 3: The couesn me bronies, my crumb chips in your eighties. A Kwala Bears are racist. The hostal Layer host the money versions invented turning stuff. I can't tell me