Speaker 1: Earners.
Speaker 2: What's up.
Speaker 3: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like The checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners, Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run, and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus.
Speaker 4: On what matters most Ready.
Speaker 3: To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward. This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank, a lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure, they definitely can be, but understanding of professional's routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 5: All right, when you said something I was insightful. You said, this is gonna be bigger than when Michael Jackson went against the music industry. I believe so, Michael, And it's when Prince had slave on his face.
Speaker 4: I believe so.
Speaker 1: The money is bigger.
Speaker 4: Not only is the money bigger, we get access to the information quicker. There wasn't social media, it wasn't heavy back then. We can read We can read the actual petition, We can read the actual lawsuit in minutes as it comes out. We can go back and track everything. I think Drake has been dropping little you know, bread crumbs throughout his music over the last year and a half that is going to point directly to this situation. And I just think that it's interesting that the guy that people paint as you know, the soft light skined god from Canada is now doing something that I don't think no other artist has the balls to do.
Speaker 2: He's going against the industry.
Speaker 4: He's going against not only the industry, the label that he has kept the lights on for over fifteen Yeah.
Speaker 2: So he's really a hero in this situation.
Speaker 5: We are to sea as far as like, I just think that's William Wallace pretty much.
Speaker 4: I think it speaks to his character more than anything right now. I think it's it's like oh shit, like word like you you taking Lucie in the court.
Speaker 5: But for the people, because I already know the comment think of like oh you're glazed, and yeah.
Speaker 4: No matter what you say, no matter what, let's be human table And because I want to say that battle without the back of the universal like this this should happened with fifty and fifty at I mean winning each other.
Speaker 1: It's the same ship, just a different decade.
Speaker 5: But but Kendrick did fight, a tactical, strategic fight and had dope lyrics and dope song.
Speaker 4: Nobody's taking nothing away from that. Nobody's saying he didn't with Drake. I believe it's saying is the business did something in this moment.
Speaker 1: That directly to make it bigger brand.
Speaker 4: Not only that, but I have contract You think that you think that Beyonce's home would be allowed to put a picture of Beyonce's home would be allowed on DSPs with sex offender marks above it, And these are things that happen and we're not paying attention to that, we thinking it's just a battle. I'm more than positive that the biggest artist in his world has some language in his contracts where what the DSPs did with that photo was definitely against his contract. Yeah, I'm more than positive because again, this is big This is billion dollar business responsions. This is not this is not the average artist. This is the biggest artist in the world, one of the biggest artists in the world, one of the three him tailor Beyonce in my opinion. Yeah, so that's the real big three, that's the real big three. So we want to talk big three. This is the big three business that we are now seeing. This is a Big three war that we're seeing right now. This is what happens when one of the Big Three decides your the labels did some bullshit and I'm gonna make them pay for it.
Speaker 6: On the other side, and some of the mistakes that he made when you talk to him, did you ever be like, bro, you're going crazy like fucking everybody girl, so stop.
Speaker 4: Or that type of I don't, I don't. I don't get into none of that, man, all of that. That's you know, I stay out of that.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: My My conversations are very uh you know, it's it's just I don't even we don't. I don't speak I speak to him the same way I'm speaking to y'all. Bro conversations, Bro, Like I don't, I don't get into that. So from.
Speaker 5: Me tweeted, No, he's pretty much said, like I'm paraphrasing, but like I told y'all talking about the bots, because he had complain that bots was was he playing that box was tearing down his image and you know me, he's had a tough time, right, so he was saying that a lot of this ship is not real and it's it's it's fueled by bots, and so he's kind of getting some validation from Drake making his claim because he's like, when I said it, they said I was crazy, But now Drake is saying it, Like, so they're pretty much saying that there are social the same thing that happened with the election, right this, I mean, this is deeper than rap because this happened and with Russia influencing the election and Mark Zuckerberg had to go in front of Congress. This isn't conspiracy. This is actual facts that this actually does happen with users are on social media that are not real users that are very vocal in comments, and that persuades. So if I have if I put a post up in ninety comments are negative to my looking at it's just human nature. You're going to tend to start looking at that post negative, negative, and that gets the stream roll. So that happens in real life. Like I said, it happened in the presidential election. So now they're saying this is actually being curated in the music industry. That's interesting, And yeah, Drake is saying that that's one of the reasons why that song became so big because its shaped public perception.
Speaker 2: Once the momentum got moving on social media.
Speaker 4: And I think that the fact that it shaped public perception. But again, and this is something that I said from the very start of this love Kendrick, Kendrick fan support Kendrick, Yeah, but him calling one of the biggest artists in the world a certified pedophile. To me, that was like, wait a, y'all listening to this, Like you see what happened with Jaguar Wright just went on Pis Morgan and said what she said about Jay and Beyonce. You'll never see Jaguar Wright. You might not ever see Jaguar Wright on another major platform again in your life.
Speaker 5: But all right, but to keep it all right, I know, but there is a precedent in the hip hop where people say crazy shit.
Speaker 2: In battle rap they call people God blessed.
Speaker 4: We lost pocket big behind a rap battle. Neither one of them Jay and Ois went at it. Neither one of them.
Speaker 1: I told I told him this, If that.
Speaker 4: Was that word, bro, that's something that you're what I said, who the girl was he was fucking with? Just like you lied about the other kids drinking, Like come on, man, hit yo, the pedophile. You can't call one of the biggest artists in the world a sex offender, and then the label pushed that recon and pushed that mess. They put millions of dollars behind that desists. Yeah, it's like like what like y'all really pushed this message to try to defamate his character. And again, I don't know his business, but I'm more than certain that it affected some brands and some people to kind of be like, yo, let this die because we don't know what's going on with this pedophile thing. Like, let's just kind of.
Speaker 2: It didn't get as much traction.
Speaker 5: But did he not call Kendrick Lamar a wife beater and abuser of women?
Speaker 4: I think he posed the question when you hit you when you beat your girls because.
Speaker 2: She's big exactly.
Speaker 7: So that's actually just like this actual I believe there's an actual case case out on this happened in Vegas where he assaulted a female.
Speaker 1: That they swept under the row too fancial just and I.
Speaker 2: Think that this is out there, So that wasn't just a bogus action.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that wasn't.
Speaker 4: I don't believe it was. And if and if it was, and if it was, if it was, I think drags on the side of Yeah, but We didn't spend millions of dollars to push that.
Speaker 1: Message though wrong is wrong, but like that we was.
Speaker 4: It was a battle. I said some things. Cool is it if it's not true?
Speaker 2: All right? Correct?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 4: Yeah, But I also didn't put twenty thirty million dollars behind this song into the DSPs and all of this, and and and then have Spotify take thirty percent less of a license fee to put this on.
Speaker 2: Talk about that?
Speaker 4: What is that?
Speaker 5: Because even when Roy said that, I want to can you kind of just explain what, like what does he mean by that?
Speaker 4: Because Lucien obviously is the is the the biggest guy in the music business. Obviously the DSPs and the labels are one. So basically it's inside of trading.
Speaker 2: They ain't codes with each other.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, yes, absolutely, So it's like you're gonna take They wouldn't do that for any other artists. No other artists do. They drop their thirty percent license fee and say, okay, whatever, what ever, put your music here, like.
Speaker 5: Just because they wanted to get it out there so so much, they wanted to express it that some.
Speaker 4: Of that businesses above my pay grade. But like I said, but I'm standing on the side of it again. I didn't speak to Drake about none of it. Well, I'm lying I did, but I didn't speak to him in detail about what's happening. Is very surfaced. It's very like, let it all play out. People are going to see you.
Speaker 2: Spoke to him recently.
Speaker 4: Absolutely all of this shit happened, and I got it hit get like, what the right? But again, you know, I don't speak about things that I speak with your guys I know, and people I know privately. I don't speak about it publicly.
Speaker 2: But I just got to in good spirits. He's in great spirit. It seems like he's bothered. It seems that way.
Speaker 4: It's gonna. It's gonna even if he if he goes out here and buys a new plane. People he did that because he mad.
Speaker 2: Because he cut his head.
Speaker 5: He's talking about the Rose then he told him cut cut the weekends music. He's making some moves that are questionable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but if I'm not fucking with you, don't play.
Speaker 4: When you were on to the Raptors, I put my arms around you. The city embraced you, partly because I embraced you, and I'm the biggest guy in the city.
Speaker 2: That's the fact.
Speaker 4: I embraced you. I showed you love. When the Raptors traded you, you came to my house and was depressed and crying, not you know, probably not physically crying, but you were heard about being traded, and I was the guy that was there for you, you know, telling yours you're gonna be good. The city's gonna always love you. And now all of a sudden, somebody's calling me the worst thing you can call anybody in my vinie, worse than the snitch. I don't care about that snitch shit. A pedophile is way worse than that.
Speaker 2: That's the fact.
Speaker 4: So now they're calling me this you from Compton. I understand that, not saying you can't be a yeah, but to stand in the video and dance on the stage when he's calling me a pedophile, Yeah, it's like, bro, like it's cool to be like, Yo, Kendrick, you my man, but y'all, Drake is my homie too. But I can't. I can't do this video, bro, I can't support this message. I can't do that.
Speaker 6: And that's the craziest part about not like us. It's through kendred exclusive license to end Scope. They didn't even put the ship on this album. So how did that?
Speaker 4: Why?
Speaker 1: That's why and why not then put the ship on the album?
Speaker 4: That because I feel like Universal knew that this was coming.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, so let's make this a stand alone released and as act as if we have him independent when he's not shot. Wack was one of the first ones, even from that side, to call it and then to not place it on this album.
Speaker 4: Why, I'm of the belief again, I don't know. I'm just you know, we just kept getting this in real time. I think that Universal knew what was coming behind what they did with this record and probably told And now I do believe a deluxe is coming. I do believe Kendrick is going to add more songs to the album, and he made, you know, put not Like Us on there. I don't know, we just speaking in real time, but I believe it has something to do with this lawsuit. Why they probably was like, wait, hold up, because if this song is on the album and it's a lawsuit behind this song, it may affect your entire project.
Speaker 8: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 4: Sponsored by the United States of bark In the Homeland Security