Speaker 1: You know how we're doing, man, you know what I mean? Pat Wood backstage, Man, dig what I'm saying. You got dc OO flight eighty five South. You got the beautiful pour minds into beauty. Hey man, we got a real legend in this motherfucker man coming straight out of South can a lot of this trap Dickie.
Speaker 2: Man got my money. Trapped Dickie is more what I'm saying. Now. You know we're from the hood. Man, you gotta explain the name.
Speaker 3: Trap Dickie is really my real name. Though my real name is Travis. My last name is Dickie for real.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, okay, Everybody like who Yeah, we're thinking about like trapping and Dickies.
Speaker 3: And I don't know that's the real name, authentic.
Speaker 2: I try to keep it smooth as possible, no care.
Speaker 1: Hey man, you're down here in Dreamville, Man, this is a This is a big time festival.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: It's over almost twenty thirty thousand people out there.
Speaker 2: Man. Yeah, I said, like, I feel to be down here.
Speaker 3: Mans feel good, especially from Carolina. You know, this is the big thing they talk about though. So being from Carolina is my first festival, first time being on Dreamville. You know, this is while the legends be at Yes, sir, for me sitting down with legends talking to DC on flat Boy.
Speaker 2: You a legend boy, Dick.
Speaker 4: Yes, So can you tell us a little bit about your story because I know you have a little bit of a traumatic story, but you turned that around.
Speaker 2: It's inspiration for your music definitely.
Speaker 3: Oh, like I said, for Harnsville, South Carolina, born and raised in Tarrot, Oh, you feel me. I've been through every obstacle. You feel me, the gunshot, wounds and everything. That's how my eye like this got shot in the face. Uh. I graduated high school though for all the kids, you know, I graduated high school.
Speaker 2: You feel me.
Speaker 3: Got my diploma for real, for real, Like I said, I came from the arm the streets.
Speaker 2: My granddaddy really is a pastor. His son died at seventeen, which is my father. I feel me.
Speaker 3: So I just lived through the obschool. I lived the lifestyle of what a lot of screet nigga say they.
Speaker 2: Want to live. So so I hear that.
Speaker 1: So how did that big extra plug situation come about?
Speaker 2: Like how did you fall in line with that? I was on my DC young flat ship.
Speaker 4: I just.
Speaker 1: Like with.
Speaker 2: Just that up. Yeah, I tell you. I just say I seen you do it.
Speaker 3: Ain't no damn way, I ain't Finela try embossing companies.
Speaker 2: Fuck with me exact.
Speaker 3: I got this song and it sounds like you can be on it. He ain't read it that first m Boston again, boom, I went down.
Speaker 2: Oh wow. So explain that process, because you know, a nigga might feel like nigga.
Speaker 1: Tried them when he ain't read or when he read it, or he might not respond in time, and they don't understand how that ship go.
Speaker 2: Now, yeah, I read it. I'm gonna get back tell you right quick. I'm from the country, so we got to think about it.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: I got like three phones a bunch of people that called my phone, so I know the feeling of people calling your phone.
Speaker 2: You might see it.
Speaker 3: You might don't get to it right then and there, but if you see about two or three times, you're gonna know the.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, shout to see her. Yeah, okay, let me take it back because nigga don't understand.
Speaker 1: We do listen to your mute. That's why we don't really want y'all to send a lot because we ain't got no te we.
Speaker 2: Like, well, let me see what he's talking about.
Speaker 1: But then when we actually hear something that's really good, bro, Like you a real nigga, Bro, you gonna say something. Bro, it's just in your nature to be like, hey, little Homer, keep doing your thing. Matter of fact, it ain't knocking me if I help.
Speaker 2: You for real, nor it ain't even stopping thathing. It ain't stopping that a blessing.
Speaker 3: It's a blessing. So I feel like he did that. One of my biggest songs in my career is like a blessing forever.
Speaker 1: Talk you talk now coming from a small city in South cat Like, you know, I got family in Chara, Yeah, the Gainess.
Speaker 2: I know y'all hearing like that my cousin.
Speaker 1: Like explain bro, like not getting that recognition to finally getting that recognition and just staying down because you never know where where it may lead you.
Speaker 3: I gotta said, man, where I'm from a Tara, it's only world Walmart in the Countess.
Speaker 2: So it's like in all they'll.
Speaker 3: Super similar. All the gas stations closed at twelve. It ain't you.
Speaker 2: It ain't no where to go. What thirty boy? You're up to?
Speaker 4: No good?
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. So it's like I can't even lie to you.
Speaker 3: It's like a blessing though, Man, it's really a blessing coming from where I come from.
Speaker 2: It ain't nothing like four thousand people Like I.
Speaker 1: Take ed Min, the same middle everything, all the school's on to new high school.
Speaker 2: You might have had one same ring. It's the same high school. One high school. You know what I'm saying. One high school, what elementary? You know what I'm saying. So everybody know everybody, everybody you know.
Speaker 3: You gotta be humble. You gotta take it in. You gotta you for real because it can be gone in in a split second.
Speaker 4: Right that being from because I'm from a small town too, do you feel a lot of support from your seat?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, like the male know me. Everybody come from crazy when the male know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you a key to the city.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: I've been doing for the city though, Like before I was big and rapping though, like donating to the schools, buy the shoes and stuff like that. You feel me, like by the school basketball shoes on me and my partner about a football.
Speaker 2: Jerseys for school and stuff like that. See, people don't understand like they give the kids.
Speaker 1: Hope, bro, They give the kids understanding that somebody is supporting your dreams, supporting your success and where you want to go, because a lot of people don't understand that. When they feel like they ain't got nobody, they don't really want to put for the effort into the real dream.
Speaker 3: Like I said, I ain't want to be known for just messing up the community. I always want to give back to the right.
Speaker 2: Now you know this, but this couch right here is real.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: I want to say we speak things into.
Speaker 1: Fruition rounds just like you just d M big eggs and he like ship.
Speaker 2: I'm the largest pull it up. Who else do you see yourself collaborate with? Uh? Outcasts? Outcasts. I'm trying hard to get somewhere.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to get the outcore feature I'm really trying to get. I don't care if Andre play the flute, don't care.
Speaker 2: I just need.
Speaker 3: I just needed to say Andre three thousand all he guess that's all I need.
Speaker 2: Could you tell us a little bit about your new project, trampadi.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Tramperd was really one of the first projects I dropped coming back into the rap industry.
Speaker 2: Like the rap game.
Speaker 3: So it was like, actually Sean Cotton helped me redrop it to get more noticeable, like to get it noticeable. Cheese shout out, say cheese helped me out a lot. But on Tramp that was like one of my first tapes coming into the rap game, the old trap, the street Trap.
Speaker 2: It was fun doing it real.
Speaker 4: Okay, So what we're gonna do.
Speaker 2: We have a little wheel of.
Speaker 4: Fun right here. Okay, Okay, So I'm gonna spend it for you. Whatever I got mind, you gotta ask you. Let's see what we laying on. Okay, J call boom.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 4: What's your favorite favorite J Cole songs or lyric?
Speaker 2: Oh? Jesus, oh, that's crazy. I got so.
Speaker 3: Many though, man, I don't know because the new ones he just dropped.
Speaker 2: The old ones. It's a lot of large.
Speaker 3: That's a large catalog on the spot. You think I'm trying to think because I only want to be like, that's a favorite song by J Cole, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: But I'm gonna do the one where he did with Cameron, the last one. Okay, the last week just did with last week?
Speaker 4: All right, Well, let us know you know where we can find you at what you got coming up?
Speaker 3: And all social networks and spelled just like it. Sound trapped Dickie, t R A P d I c K e y.
Speaker 2: I'm on all.
Speaker 3: Social networks Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, any social just google it, social security, yes, Spotify, everything. Just just google trap Dickie, and I'm there. I'm gonna pop up.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, thank you, but I appreciate that. I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: You know what time it is, DC, You on fly eighty five? Sound poor mine trap Diggie we a bat Woodman's stake