Speaker 1: I Am all In.
Speaker 2: I Am all In with Scott Patterson and iHeartRadio Podcast Everybody.
Speaker 1: Scott Patterson, I Am all In Podcast one eleven productions, iHeart Radio, Heart Media, I Heart Podcast pop Culture, Season six, Episode eighteen, The Real Paul Anka.
Speaker 3: Can I get you? Wait? Before that? Sorry? Can I give you some breaking news?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 3: Guess who's booked on this here? I am all in podcast, The Real Paul Anka, the Real Paul Ankle, the Real Paul Anka. Yes, we will be taping it in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: This is huge. I have been boning up on paul Anka history for the last three days. I am so excited to interview this man. What a legend, the.
Speaker 3: Real Paul Anka. What if we like tease that and then we just interviewed a dog. We're not interviewing a dog. Dog.
Speaker 1: That's the extent of the interview. But yeah, I mean, and probably my biggest interview yet. I mean, just I don't know, okay.
Speaker 4: I was going to say, wait a minute, Marion Ross talking the guy who wrote My.
Speaker 3: Way, Pretty good? Pretty good?
Speaker 1: We're talking about the guy who wrote the theme music to the Tonight show.
Speaker 3: Sally.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, we're talking about the guy who wrote all of these hit songs Puppy Love, put your Head on My show when he was a teenager.
Speaker 3: So many songs that he used in happy days, but your head, oh mush.
Speaker 1: There is no comparison to Paul Anka. I'm sorry, I get it.
Speaker 3: I disagree. Sally Struthers to me is even as big as an icon, just saying close, thank you, thank you for mind fine fine. Jason Bateman's father in law will be here with all.
Speaker 1: The badass Anka Okay, I'm.
Speaker 3: That note in the opening scene, more like Paul's rory, Hey you okay? So weird dream, weird, weird dream, weirder than the one where you step into a boxing ring and your hands are all suddenly giant cream puffs, weirder, scarier. Let's hear it. Well, I was home and was finishing up my usual morning routine, you know, coffee, shower, and then picture this. I take paul Anka for a walk. You walk paul Anka every day? What is weird about that? Not the dog paul Anka, the real Paul Anka. Paul Anca is a legendary singer, songwriter, and actor. He is best known for his hits Diana, Lonely Boy, put your head on my shoulder and having my baby. Oh that she's having my baby.
Speaker 1: Having my baby.
Speaker 3: A remix of put your head on my Shoulder is currently trending on TikTok with over half a million videos made. Yeah, but I got a bit of that up immediately. I'm not wrong. It's a bit of a thirst trap. But oh, I can't wait. Did you know? Well, yes they did, because I've mentioned it many times. Paul Anka is the father in law of actor Jason Bateman, who is married to Amanda Ankah. They have been married since two thousand and one.
Speaker 1: All Right, Caesar chases Luke down the street to confirm his itinerary. While Luke's gone, Caesar, we need to confirm the itinerary, Luke, as we've done a thousand times before. Sure, let's confirm it, Caesar. Today it's the kids math contest in Newark. In my day, you learn two plus two and you stay at home. Today they got contests go on the road like their metallic are. Metallica is an iconic heavy metal band that formed in nineteen eighty one by guitarist James Hetfield and drummer Lars ulric I just watched the video of them of their Moscow show unbelievable. There were so many people there and they were so happy. The band has been immensely popular for over thirty years. His credit was bringing a heavy metal genre to mainstream America? Did you know? Metallica traveled to New York in a stolen you haul to record their first album?
Speaker 5: So in that same scene, Caesar is still panicking and Caesar says, hey, day six, if you're cel Dies, is there a phone in Gettysburg? I can reach you at Luke says yeah, the one Grant used to call Lincoln numbers in the book. Caesar goes, oh good, he's a funny man. Today he's Jerry Lewis. Jerry Lewis was an American comedian who was famously nicknamed the King of Comedy. He was known for his slapstick humor in film, television, stage, and radio, and he was originally paired up with Dean Martin in nineteen forty six, forming the famed comedy team of Martin and Lewis. Did you know? He taught a film directing class at usc and George Lucas and Steven Spielberg were two of his students.
Speaker 1: Wow, I did not know though, cool. That is cool. Who's up, Suzannuel, Yep, I'll do this one.
Speaker 6: April is using mnemonic devices to help Luke remember the names of people who are going on the field trip, April says, and those are your fellow groups, the what grown ups? You never saw the original Star Trek, Luke says, Oh, yes, graps, Yes I did. Star Trek is a science fiction TV series created by Gene Roddenberry that follows the adventures of the starship USS Enterprise and its crew. The original series was released in nineteen sixty six and aired until nineteen sixty nine. Following the original series, there are a total of twelve television series that make up the Star Trek franchise and several films, and has become a cultural phenomenon.
Speaker 1: Did you know?
Speaker 6: In the original series, William Shatner requested his name in the opening credits be ten percent larger in size than those of his co stars Leonard ny Mooy And.
Speaker 3: That's classic, you know, William Shatner is about to turn ninety three years old coming out And also, somebody in Gilmour Girls World love Star Trek because it's probably one of the most referenced shows yeah, Bimckawa references Scott, do you want to finish us off?
Speaker 1: I do. In the same scene, April continues to introduce names to Luke. April the one in the chords is our math teacher, mister Munster. A good guy, he's little nerdy, likes to wow. It's Chris Rock impersonation. It's borderline racist. Chris Rock is an American comedian, actor, and filmmaker. He first gain notoriety in the nineties is part of Saturday Night Live Cast. He's been in such movies as Matta Gascar, Grown Up, Spiral, and the Televison show Everybody Hates Chris. Did you Know? In twenty sixteen, he signed a forty million dollar contract with Netflix to stream two live stand up comedy specially.
Speaker 3: Netflix Exist in twenty sixteen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, sure, yeah they did.
Speaker 6: That may have been when you still could also eat.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: He is also known as the person who was on the receiving end of the smack Heard Round the World delivered by Will Smith at the What was that the Oscars? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I was like what what just saw that?
Speaker 1: And it's been really good for Will Smith because his career has just taken off since then.
Speaker 3: Can we do the put your head on my shoulder TikTok trend and Tara, we got to get that. You have to like send away Scott. You could do it. I have an idea for it. I have an idea for it. Scott does it like he does it as that and then he turns into Luke. I think we could do it. I think we could make you a viral sensation.
Speaker 1: Already, Am, but go ahead.
Speaker 3: Oh god, someone's gonna talk about my wheezing laugh.
Speaker 1: What do you want me to do it? You want me to stand in the You don't have to do anything.
Speaker 3: Right now, but Tara is going to explain it to you. We're going to have it ready for paul Anka. I mean I have to like show like, show you a video. I'll text TikTok yeah, oh yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: I just meant like it's easier to show you that. As you consider viral, what would the numbers be on like a million?
Speaker 3: You went viral with your song, You've gone viral.
Speaker 1: I have a video that's got four million likes.
Speaker 3: That's viral.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I have one that has two point eight million.
Speaker 3: You're viral, dude. We're just going to make you viral more. Get ready, I'm going to continue your viral streak.
Speaker 1: I'm all for it. Let's do it.
Speaker 3: Great. It's going to take some work, though. You're gonna have to Your wife's going to have to help us.
Speaker 1: Oh, she she will do it.
Speaker 3: She's gonna have to shoot you in the doorway of.
Speaker 1: Don long as she gets a producer credit.
Speaker 3: She can't, we'll tagger, We'll tag her for sure. We'll send her a mug to right.
Speaker 1: No, that's she'd just go be over the moon. As long as they chanel on it. She'll love it.
Speaker 3: Oh, she's got good taste, good job, good pop culture.
Speaker 7: All right, guys, that's going to be in next episode, Season six, episode nineteen, I get a sidekick out of you.
Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, and don't forget. Follow us on Instagram at I Am all In podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com.