Speaker 1: I think trans is beautiful because it's kind of magic. These things that we think are set in stone are very kind of like fluid in the way and like changeable.
Speaker 2: At Janie, I'm okay, I'm tired. Yeah, I'm fucking I'm here, but I'm really really excited for another episode of Beauty Translated.
Speaker 3: So excited.
Speaker 2: What have you been up to since last week's episode came out.
Speaker 3: Since we recorded it, or since it came out? Because I'm the chronology of my life is getting kind of like fucked up. I feel like I'm in like a Slaughterhouse five situation right.
Speaker 2: Now, where we're switching timelines a lot.
Speaker 3: I feel like my life is like, I don't know, one of those like rip off of pulp fiction movies where there's like eight different stories happening at the same time.
Speaker 2: Well, Slaughterhouse five is very fitting just thematically for I've never read it. I have no fucking clue what it's about. Most of the references that you make, Janey, I just nod and smile and hope that it's something gay that I will get.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can just use context loose for most of the real I mean, that's what I'm doing with the plot of Slaughterhouse five, which I haven't read.
Speaker 2: I thought I assuming a trans woman getting her her vagina.
Speaker 3: Done, getting all five of her vaginas?
Speaker 2: Is that not what Slaughterhouse five is about?
Speaker 3: You know, I'm gonna I'm gonna be the bigger woman here and admit I haven't read it, so probably I don't know how to read. How about that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm trying to one up here.
Speaker 3: That's what we call that. I haven't been doing shit, Carmen. I work, and that's about it. I have anything exciting right now. This is not a very exciting day for me.
Speaker 2: It's not an exciting time in general in the world. It's just kind of like, you know, it's January.
Speaker 3: It's January. It's fuck you, it's January. It's cold. It's very cold.
Speaker 2: It is, which is sitting in a brass bra which.
Speaker 3: You're getting a lot of mileage out of I am always getting is absurd amount.
Speaker 2: If I had a sound I just want like a soundboard and we can get a sound I could make a soundboard. That would be one of my soundboard sounds. My other one I would want would be ship fire and save matches. But it's got to be real country like ship far and safe matches.
Speaker 1: I hate that.
Speaker 3: I like it, it's just fun. I don't like that it's just fun to say. I don't like the old Southern women saying ship that sounds gross. Was to light the match off of the fart fire shipping file is absurd?
Speaker 2: Ship fire, safe matches?
Speaker 3: All right? You keep.
Speaker 1: Okay? Sorry?
Speaker 2: Do you not have a silly little saying to contribute to this mess?
Speaker 3: A silly little saying before.
Speaker 2: We let the guests take it away with our interview.
Speaker 3: I one of my favorite sayings is being like, this is just like the plot of Slaughterhouse five. That's one of my famous sayings.
Speaker 1: What if her favoite Janie.
Speaker 2: She's always saying, She's always saying, this dinner is just like the plot of Slaughterhouse fives.
Speaker 3: Oh, this scrumptious dinner. It's just like the flow of Slaughterhouse five.
Speaker 2: Well, Janie, thank you for entertaining me on that foray into Carmenisms and jeneisms.
Speaker 3: I think, if I, if I remember correctly, we me you and Sophie had we started this with one of my It was a bit that was going through my head for a while. So if I may, Yeah, I may, because you normally do this, but if I may, for once, please introduce, please enjoy our interview with Sophie Fowler, friend of the show. Awesome interview. We talk a lot about surgery, a topic that you know, I talk about David Cronenberg a lot, but I don't actually talk about the specific topic of surgery because it kind of freaks me out. So trigger warning if it freaks you out too.
Speaker 2: We're here today with our friend, Sophie Fowler. And Sophie is a friend of the pod. She's a friend of past guest Robin Danger, with no affiliation to Janey Danger whatsoever. I like her, though, I know, yeah, you two should collad you two should collab.
Speaker 3: I want to play a show with her one day. I just haven't found like that right, Yeah, I don't know, maybe like more of a festival thing, like something that would fit more together. But yeah, shout out to her. She's cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And so Sophie's in your band is three women in the band.
Speaker 1: So I'm in two bands, three Women in the Band and then the Robin Chakedown Band with both with Robin.
Speaker 3: Is that a reference to the John Cassavetes movie Three Women so.
Speaker 1: It's actually a Robert Altman movie.
Speaker 3: Oh that's right. Sorry, Oh yeah, that's her bag. Look at me trying to I should have figured that was Cassavetes for some reason. It has a similar vibe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Think I used to confuse that. And also the movie Sisters, the Brian de Palmer movie, that's very different.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everybody in this room has a letterbox account.
Speaker 1: Everybody, And that's the last one.
Speaker 3: That's the only one I see.
Speaker 2: Can you tell everybody? That occurs like a not a movie person. So he's totally oblivious.
Speaker 3: Oh that sucks.
Speaker 1: He's cycles.
Speaker 2: So, Sophie, thank you for being with us here today. And you reached out to me and you said and I was very glad you did, of course, because you said you wanted to come on and talk about your recent bottom surgery that you just had.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I was just sitting in the hospital watching hours and hours of vander Pump Rules and just like, you know what, I want to talk about this experience of I feel like a lot of people want bottom surgery, but I want to, like, I don't want to sugarcoat it. It's not like an easy process. There's a lot of hurdles, you have to go through, lots of logistics you have to figure out, but it's worth it in the end. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I'm excited to talk about it with you today, But I guess before we get into your story about your surgery and how you got here and all of that, do you want to tell us a little bit about your journey and deciding you wanted to transition and then deciding you wanted bottom surgery, Like, just tell us about all of that.
Speaker 1: So basically, like a lot of people, the pandemic hit, I'm just sitting at home nothing to do for the first time in like my whole life. I was not going to school, i wasn't going to work. You know, I'm just sitting at home and sitting with your thoughts like that, and like not having to put up the performance. You kind of just like it starts to deconstruct and break down and then like it just was kind of revealed, like I got to do this, I got a transition. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, so you are, and we've talked a lot about it on the podcast in the past. You are a part of the Great egg Cracking of twenty twenty, where lots of people were in that same situation where they were at home with their thoughts for the first time and they realized like, oh, I haven't been living my life like I want to. So you came to that decision in twenty twenty. Wow, And I just have to say, like, did you like get on the waiting list right away?
Speaker 1: Was that?
Speaker 5: So? Yeah?
Speaker 3: That is kind of a short period of time.
Speaker 2: Because yeah, three, I mean, I'm not saying that that's an.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, not to be judgment.
Speaker 2: That's amazing, that's fantastic that you had the because even I having transition for like fifteen whatever years now, haven't haven't gotten there yet, And so it takes a lot of dedication and like the hurdles you have, do you want to talk about just like what the process of even getting yourself to a consultation is, Like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I basically just did a bunch of research, looked up like every surgeon I could find on the internet, and the closest surgeon to Atlanta is in Nashville. Yeah, and I looked up this surgeon. Yeah. Yeah. It's it's a shame that Atlanta doesn't have somebody doing bottom surgery at Vanderbilt University. At Vanderbilt in Nashville.
Speaker 3: We've talked about Tennessee a handful of times.
Speaker 2: We have talked about Tennessee a lot, and Sophia a very hitler zone. Yeah, and Sophie and I actually we have a little bit to talk about Tennessee if we can. I want to do a little a little flashback to when we went to Nashville. But so you had your bottom surgery there in Nashville, and that is what's crazy, Like, like during my consultation the same day in downtown Nashville, there was a protest organized I think by Matt Walsh, friend of the show, end of the show, against like Vanderbilt's bottom surgery, like the whole transgender surgeries that they provide at Vanderbilt, right, right, So it was just like the surreal thing. I'm seeing billboards advertising this protest as I'm driving up my consultation.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Yeah they're baby killer.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that's like obviously crazy and intense. Like I couldn't even imagine like pursuing, yeah, bottom sworgery in an environment like that.
Speaker 1: But.
Speaker 3: I feel like I'd be a little like defiant about it, right, Yeah, I throw my balls at them when I leave.
Speaker 2: I I've talked about in the past about how crazy it is that Atlanta is in the South. Atlanta is a hub for like gay and trans people essentially, but there are no hospitals here that will allow surgeons to perform bottom surgery exactly. Yeah, and so that's why there are no there is no one providing bottom surgery here in Georgia. Apparently Emory I've heard whatever.
Speaker 3: That's no, it wasn't allowed.
Speaker 2: It's not allowed, like none of the hospitals that are here will allow surgeons to perform it because of like whatever. I don't fucking know.
Speaker 1: It's crazy.
Speaker 2: But so yeah, for those of you that don't know, like trans women in Atlanta and in lots of places in the South, we do have to travel to be able to have the surgery. So traveling is obviously one hurdle that you have to overcome. But were you covering this with insurance?
Speaker 1: So it was kind of a complicated thing to get like the entry parents sorted out because it's out of state, so that was kind of a complex thing just dealing with that and then calling the hospital and the clinic and everything, and just making phone calls after phone calls to sort things out. And unfortunately I spent one extra night in the hospital. I prepaid for surgery, got insurance, whatever. But my last night I was about to be discharged and I had a fever that night, so they kept me an extra day and I got a bill yesterday for the one extra night in the hospital one hundred and twenty two thousand dollars. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Absolutely insane. Wow, but yes, absolutely, just.
Speaker 3: Signal translated to just don't.
Speaker 1: I've been doing it.
Speaker 3: Why did you don't? They're not? What are they going to break your legs? I will have to go back with off.
Speaker 1: They're gonna like you know, do They're going to do a fallow plastic see yeah, repo the Genetic Pussy Opera.
Speaker 2: Sorry, that's a really deep cut.
Speaker 1: I love that, I go That movie has been on my watch list. So you've never seen it? I have, no. I love it. It's so corny. I love it.
Speaker 2: I used to like watch it a lot, and I like know I was very corny anyway.
Speaker 3: Got such a fag.
Speaker 1: I know Paris Helton's in that movie though, Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Yes, Neil Patrick Harrows right, No, the guy who plays one of the doctors from Doctor Who is in it. I think, does doctor who do bottom surgery, you know he should go around Turf Islands?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Actually so yeah, let's okay. So you have to travel to Nashville and just even just getting the letters, there's two letters you have to get.
Speaker 1: Yes, So I have a therapist in Atlanta. I went to him. He wrote a letter. I've been seeing him since my I started my transition. Then I had to drive to Chattanooga to be in the state of Tennessee to do a video call with Vanderbilt's Behavioral Health Clinic to get my second letter. Okay, so I pulled into a Chick fil A right across the border. There's a Chick fil A pulled into the Chick fil A parking lot, use their Wi Fi to get my second letter.
Speaker 2: That's fabulous.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: And so when did you begin the whole process if you had to say, like when did the whole process from like consultation to having your surgery? You just had your surgery? What a month ago?
Speaker 1: Now? Four weeks ago today? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Congratulations, thanks, congratulations.
Speaker 1: So actually my first consultation was last October, so it has been it was about a year. A lot of that was like nine months of hair removal, getting laser, electrolysis, organizing, making sure I have like accommodations, making sure like I have a friend that's going to be in the hospital with me, my parents came up, just organizing all that right logistically. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And so that waiting period, I mean, obviously you're doing a lot of work, and I'm thinking about my I'm in my own waiting right now, my own limbo right now. How was that process for you? Was it agonizing?
Speaker 1: There was moments I've kind of like doubt, like, am I just rushing this? Am I doing this too fast? But the fact that I've been like thinking about this for three years and like going through the pain of like laser and electrolysis, just sitting there like while somebody's like electrocuting, you know, your your private party, each individual hair follicle. Yeah, yeah, you know, you have a lot of time to think there. And if you can make it through that, I think you're dedicated enough, right exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, why do they have to do laser on your genitals before? And I just I don't understand.
Speaker 1: So I had the penile incision, so basically they just flip it inside out.
Speaker 3: I think I get a so you don't want hair inside of you. It's like an we all hate having an in grown hair.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and so yeah, if you and we can talk about that too. I mean, most surgeons in the US are going to require that you have a laser or an electrolysis and like a specific area in your genital so that inside the vagina no hair is going to grow. There are some surgeons too, It's harder to find in the US, but it's very popular in Thailand where they'll do follicular scraping in surgery.
Speaker 1: So my surgeon actually did that for most Like he specified like certain areas I have to do electrolysis, everything else, he.
Speaker 2: Did follicular scraping. That's beautiful.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 2: So you didn't even have to do like as much as you might have had to have done. What is vellicular scrapings, Like it's a surgical techniccalating, Yeah, yeah, it's a surgical technique where when they are performing surgery on those two like they have the tissues outside of the body and they literally are below like the top layer of the skin, and they're scraping away the follicles and killing the follicles so that it's tissue without a very hardcore Yeah, it's like tissue without a follicle so that it'll be completely hairless, which is what electrolysis does.
Speaker 1: But it, uh, you know, it's like each individual hair. Yeah, unless they're just like taking that chainsaw and just sh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like like mowing the grass, like when you put the mower to like the lowest setting.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's one on one about not having hair in your vagina. Yeah. So yeah, the process took about a year from the time you had your concation to the time that you had surgery. And when did you know, when did you even have a date?
Speaker 1: Probably I would say I got my date and maybe August or so. Yeah, so about two and a half months out. Okay, Yeah, so that whole time you're preparing your don't really know when it's going to happen, but you know it's going to happen. I had, like said sometime in October, and then they came back to dates October twenty fourth or the Friday the thirteenth, or.
Speaker 3: Did you do it on thirteen?
Speaker 1: I did it on the twenty fourth. Spooky for me.
Speaker 3: I'm not a superstitious person, but getting your pussy on Friday the thirteenth. Yeah, I should get a pizza, but I don't know if I want to order my pussy though.
Speaker 2: Sophie texted the group chat, should I get my pussy on brid and I was like, no, absolutely, absolutely not, it can wait until the twenty fourth.
Speaker 3: Yes, you get a tattoo on Friday the wee Yes, yeah.
Speaker 1: But thirteen dollars exactly.
Speaker 3: So I'm glad something you'll probably regret more than getting your genitals removed.
Speaker 2: And right, oh yeah, I loved it when you sent us a screenshot of the surgical rundown. Essentially, it was like.
Speaker 1: Like it was looked like a hardcore emo punk fan lineup.
Speaker 3: It was like, yeah, it was like like a poster for like like like a black model there. Yeah, ripping out the follicles, flipping in the pen.
Speaker 1: Amputation, pen islan version or chay ectomy like all of that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's dope.
Speaker 2: So we went to Nashville before your surgery, which was a lot of fun. We went to see Ethel Caine.
Speaker 3: I knew, ye, Yes, we went to see Ethel Cain with who who was she playing with? Karmel?
Speaker 2: I think her name was Caroline Puli Check pulp to check though before.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I'm going to kill both of you. Why why didn't you just stay for her? You went all the way to Nashville.
Speaker 1: I don't know why didn't we I think we want to go to lesbian bar? We did?
Speaker 3: We didn't. You're not even a lesbian.
Speaker 1: I have fun? Yeah, May got May was flirting a little bit.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we got hit on it. Then the second we told the girl we were trans, she was like, all of a sudden, just like not interested.
Speaker 3: Didn't you have May on the show? Yes, the first time we ever met. She like was hitting on me like instantly, and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you made out?
Speaker 3: Yes, I think I think we did. She's I think she says that it's very possible we did. I don't remember all I remember. Let's just say we did, but I remember I was. I had to walk my friend of the car because she was really drunk, and she was like, are you coming back?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I'm back.
Speaker 3: And then I came back and she's like like scream sobbing to my friend like student. I was like, all right, I'm just gonna go.
Speaker 1: That sounds like make halloway for us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hell yeah, I think it's a funny story, one of the most lesbian stories you can think of.
Speaker 2: She has a lot of sapphic yearning for a girl who is straight.
Speaker 1: I sexual.
Speaker 3: No, that's that's a very good way to describe me too.
Speaker 2: She totally called herself bisexual at the Lesbian.
Speaker 1: Bar and I've killed me. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: I was like, Wow, that's the first time you've ever told anyone you're bisexual before, mate.
Speaker 1: It is a big coming out moment. Yeah, at the at the lesbian bar. But yeah.
Speaker 2: We went to Nashville to see Ethel Caine, which was kind of fun because it was sort of like a, oh, I'm going to be coming here in a few months, you know. For Sophie, it was sort of like a it was a fun girls trip, you know, the three of us, me, you and may I know.
Speaker 1: It's a it's I've like had to travel to Nashville like five times in the past year just for consultations and follow ups, so it's become kind of like us and I lived there for three months a couple of years ago, so it's kind of become like the special place I have. My favorite vegan restaurant is there.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: My favorite movie is Nashville set there.
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right. We went to the Parthenon. Yes, that was so much fun. But yeah, like Nashville is a really special city. I like it a lot too. And you've got me wanting to get bottom surgery in Nashville. Vanderbilt, let's just talk about for a minute. So when Matt Walsh was there protesting blah blah blah blah blah. I don't know exactly what the story is, but Vanderbilt they just like gave over like a whole registry of people.
Speaker 1: What is that about. Yeah, so basically I don't know the full how it works. But now that I've had bottom surgery, you're on a round Nashville, the state of Tennessee. Nor Billy he like has my name and the dress and you're pussy has like a little barcode inside. Yeah, he's you know, he's got a binder full of women Like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's kind of scary to think about. I mean, we're joking about it, but like it's scary to think about the fact that like they've just like given over without even like needing to be subpoenaed. Uh, they just so like here, here's everyone, We've ever given a sex change at our hospital before.
Speaker 3: We We've talked about this a few times on the show before too, but like it is very like, I don't know, it is very scary how much especially this year, Like we talked about this during like the Pride and like how like weird and.
Speaker 1: The targets were being bombed, Like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like just how much people capitulated to right wing psychopaths, whether it was like you know, bud Light with Dila Molvany or Target being like so we moved our Pride section to get it away from normal people so you don't have to see that yucky that yucky ship.
Speaker 1: They've got it. It's like the old movie Rentals story, right, the gay Right, you know.
Speaker 3: I went and the target I was. I was in there like like like the meme of the game Dune, like where's the Pride section? But I went, I was like, where's where's the tucking underwear? I couldn't find it. I'll find the the tucking underwear for children, like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, the one that couldn't find it for adults either, for eighteen month olds. Yeah right, that's so that's I know. It was insane and I actually avoided Target that entire month and now they have the gay Nutcracker they do, which is.
Speaker 3: The Nutcracker has always been a little fruity. Let's be real. He was black Nutcracker. The Nutcracker.
Speaker 1: Come on, I call my surgeon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, so yeah, let's get back more into the surgery. Let's talk more about the surgery. So you had your surgery. I was October twenty first. That was twenty fourth, twenty four, twenty fourth, that's ritten.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So the day before, me and my best friend we drove up to Nashville, got a hotel just kind of like hung out. And it was a tough day because you have to take bowel prep. They you know, want you all cleared up. So we're in the hotel room. I am just like shitting my brains out. Everything's coming out. I'd fasted for like two days, and we're watching the Notebook and I can see it from the toilet of crying and like from the movie. So it was it was an emotional day, I.
Speaker 2: Can say have I mean, I would have probably passed out if I didn't get to eat for two days.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I did eat some broth of miso soup. Didn't get to eat the little tofu bits though. Wow, yeah, and so did you have to discontinue your estrogen and stuff or is that for two days before and then the whole time I was in the hospital. Okay, Yeah, so I was in the hospital eight days.
Speaker 3: I thought it was I mean, this could be like an antiquated thing. But I thought that like for surgery, you have to, like like my friends Olivia had to like stop estrogen for like a month before her like breast augmentation.
Speaker 1: That was my fear, and I like reached out to my surgeon and asked, and I guess it's kind of an antiquated thing, but there's it's a blood thinner kind of thing or plants or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that makes sense.
Speaker 2: I guess they've determined I think, yeah, it's like an antiquated thing, and like more recently they've stopped doing it for as long because I think that they've determined that it's like more detrimental for you to be like completely hormonally imbalanced.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like that's kind of what I would think. Yeah, it's it's hard to tell. With a lot of like trans healthcare, what like is like a sensible like precaution or like measure and what is just like I don't know, like doctors being like too lazy to like actually figure out like what the best thing for a trans person would be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're like still have the mentality it's like the nineties, yeah something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's for someone like me. It's hard for me to like like find what's like valuable information because like I don't want to trust like a medical system that doesn't like, you know, fully understand my needs. And I also don't want to just trust like autistic furries on the Internet.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I did a lot of like research. I've looked at a bunch of like subreddits like of hearing different people's surgery journeys and like and the lead up to it and after surgery, just looking up what to expect. But and it was just everything was different some people. I was back to work in like six days, and some people are like, oh, I've been in bed bound for two years. Yeah, so you just you don't know, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And so I mean that. I mean you can literally go on to Reddit and you can type in the name of any surgeon onto Reddit and you will find people talking about their experiences, sharing photos, you know, answering questions about their experiences with that particular surgeon. And if you can't, that's probably like I don't know, I wouldn't.
Speaker 3: There's like some trans women that talk about these surgeons like they're like NBA players.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's like the celebrity surgeons. There's like the famous ones, like just saying their name.
Speaker 3: It's like, oh, yeah, I've never looked up a surgeon because I'm like too. I mean, for one, I don't really know if I want SRS that much. And also I'm just way too poor to afford like a breast augmentation or anything right now, so I just haven't even.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I mean for breast dog. For breast dog, you can really have anyone do that, But for like FFS and like Pussie, you really want to know who you're.
Speaker 3: Yes, see, I don't know if I would ever get I would maybe get like a nose job, but mostly just like fix my divia. It's up them. But that's another thing for another day.
Speaker 2: Well, so you had to completely empty out your bowels.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, where you want to.
Speaker 2: We had to completely empty out your bowels so that you could be prepared for surgery in two days.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then I get to the hospital Tuesday morning, five am, just like the anxiety there, just waiting and waiting. They pulled me back to the back room. Then they give me some I believe vaaluumra. Yes. Yeah, so that was really nice. I love that. And then like fifteen different people come into like the room and start checking on you, checking out me, like they're part of the surgical team. So I learned that the surgeon he has a whole surgical team, so he's not doing the entire surgery. There's like six seven different doctors in the room that are either observing or kind of learning, which is nice because then hopefully that means there will be more surgeons in the future.
Speaker 3: That's like a pussy workshop. Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Well so then once you went back, you knocked out. You woke up like you'd never been asleep.
Speaker 1: It was like it was like I just had this ten minute, very visceral dream. And then I'm like talking to the anesthesiologists and he's getting married, like he was telling me about that. As he's like wheeling me to like the postop room, and I'm just like, what flowers are you gonna do it? You just ask him, like, oh my god, you should do hydranges.
Speaker 2: That's adorable.
Speaker 1: So you're all goofy and loopy, and then you look down and there's I had a wound back on. I have like four different like drains coming out. I have a catheter coming out. So you don't get to see your results right right away. It was probably for the better day six when the wind back came off and then I looked down and like just this joy like just overcame me. And that was when I was like, Okay, this was definitely worth it, this like indescribable feeling.
Speaker 2: And that's when we sent us photos, yes, and we got to see the photos, and I was stunned, honestly that you.
Speaker 1: Looked amazing. On day six.
Speaker 2: I was like holy shit, like wow, and the wound back thing, I have to say that must be new too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I when I was looking up different people's surgery journeys and stuff, most people it was like day one or day two that they got to see the results right because they don't have a woundback.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I kind of preferred the wound back because I think it kept it all clean, kept it like so the swelling was going down exactly, and I think that's why your results looked as good as they did on day sex, and you didn't look like a mangled like Yeah. I've seen like, you know, looked up like people's results and it's like, oh god, this is yeah. And I guess one of the interesting things about that for me about this is, you know, having been transitioning for as long as I have, I've been researching surgery for all of that time, and I guess it's really interesting for me to see how the surgery has advanced even in just the amount of time that I've been researching it. Because that woundback thing, I've never heard of that before. And when I saw it on you know that they had put that on, I was like, wow, that looks like it's like going to be really helpful for everything. Yeah, because I've seen some afters that were like the day after that looked like really really really bad, you know. Yeah, Like I don't understand people that like are just like going home like they're thirty day. I know that's how it was back in the days. I was literally trapped in the bed, yeah for those five or sixteen Yeah, and you didn't even walk until you're sixth day, right, Yeah. Yeah, And what was that the first time you use the bathroom? It was the same day, Yeah, and it was it was interesting, you know, because I'm like, how the fuck do you aim this thing for the first time? Yeah, it's like like you know, a hose nozzle, Yeah, like the jet one, and then I'm going to like the soaker one where it just comes out like every direction.
Speaker 3: I've noticed when I use the ladies room that I wonder if like turfs have ever like caught onto this, because sometimes like I'll sit down pee and it's a little and then the bitch next to me is like, yeah, Like I wonder if anyone has ever like clocked a trans woman by her her piss stream is too tight.
Speaker 2: That actually, I think is a thing, and I.
Speaker 3: Could figure it out, like.
Speaker 2: Clock practicing for years how to get my pist stream to sound as natal females.
Speaker 3: Sneaking in like a cup of water to like don't there, or or playing piss sounds on your phone like yeah next to the the residents. Yeah, that's that's a vagina.
Speaker 2: Well, Sophie doesn't have to worry about that anymore. Yes, Well, I guess backing up, you know, just to just to kind of give I guess a little bit of perspective, because we've talked about how much goes into this and how much work prep and it's work that you have to put in an order to be able to have the surgery. What was the biggest motivating factor and what was the thing that kept you going and reminding you like, Okay, this is what I want. So just as I was transitioning, you know, my body's starting to change, just like things are looking different, and there's just this one part that's just very incongruous with the rest. It wasn't like I had intense bottom dysphoria and hated having a penis, but it just like felt out of place. Yeah, and so esthetically, aesthetically and just like mentally and just all of these different ways, and I just was like, okay, it's got to go. Like and then like now looking in the mirror, things make so much more sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So happy for you. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So see, like bottom dysphoria is like something that I relate to, just because it's the first type of dysphoria that I can remember experiencing prior to experiencing puberty, and that feeling of like it doesn't quite fit, not quite right, and I can imagine you know, myself with something else and liking that much more. Do you want to talk a little bit about just like what the days after we're like, I mean, so your sixth day, you finally got up and you went pee and got to experience your new stream and all that, and why don't we talk about dilation?
Speaker 1: Yes, So dilation. It actually the first like week I was dilating, it was like, oh, this is not bad at all, Like I'm reaching the milestone and yeah. So I was also kind of surprised because I'd read online heard everything about like dilation is the worst, like blah blah blah blah blah, and it just hasn't been too bad. I think the worst part is it's just like a hassle where it's like I'm just like chilling on the couch with my friends. It's like, God, I have to fucking get my like dog peepad out for all the like loop discharge and loop that comes out. H got to like clean my dilators, got to like set up, got to get the mirror like my pillows, and then the clean up after. So it's like I'm only dilating for you know, like fifteen minutes, three times a day, three times a day, but then the whole process takes like forty five minutes just to set up and getting everything cleaned out, so it's more just like a inconvenience at this point.
Speaker 3: How long do you have to do that?
Speaker 1: So three days, three times a day for three months, and then down to one time a day for like six months, and then I think it kind of like you taper off from there. As long as you're as long as something's coming in there once a week, you're probably good. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And the biggest you know issue, I mean, the reason you want to dilate, and if you neglect your dial, you lose vaginal depth, which.
Speaker 3: If you wanted to be deep, yeah, I wanted to take if that baby's over, biggest possible.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, but I'm not getting a vagina and not sit on some dicks. So yeah, I think you should definitely try to have as much vaginal depth as you can.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And my mom she told me like she was all worried, like, you know, you have to dilate like three times a day, Like are you going to be able to keep up with that? You never even wore your retainer.
Speaker 3: You know that's so true.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, it's funny though, Like I was thinking, I thought about this was a consideration I had in a different lifetime. Like, so, I actually about eight years ago, I guess seven or eight years ago, I made a down payment with Marcie Bowers, famous NBA celebrity, she really is, made a down payment with Marcy Bowers. I had both my letters and everything was good to go, except my insurance denied my surgery, so I didn't get surgery, which I'm kind of glad because Marcy Bowers is no longer my preferred surgeon. So yeah, at that time, when I was an esthetician, I was like, when the fuck am I going to be able to dilate three times a day? Yeah, because there was no way with my job and my lifestyle that that was ever going to be possible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So, like I'm trying to. My goal is to get back to work by the end of this month. I work at a flower shop plant store, so I'm on my feet all day, so it's going to be tough. But like, thankfully, my job is very accommodating and I'll be able to work like kind of shorter shifts to fit in dilating right, at least for the first couple of months and then just take it from there.
Speaker 3: How long were you off work?
Speaker 1: So I will probably be off work a total of like five weeks or so five and a half. I'm not terrible.
Speaker 3: No, I wouldn't be able to fucking pay rounds if I was off work like two weeks even so.
Speaker 2: You had to I'm sure save said a lot of money.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I did not.
Speaker 1: I did, like got people to like chip in for food when I was like, you know, because I couldn't drive for the first three or four weeks, so like just people, I've had people bring by food and stuff and it's been like really nice. Yeah I haven't. I'm sorry, And like the other side of town, I do. I do. I've been like I was.
Speaker 2: I was like, we're going to come see you in Nashville while you're in the hospital. We're going to come visit you. And I was just like, well, we'll talk to you from the but no, can we talk about sensation. Have you had an orgasm?
Speaker 1: No? Not yet? I did so yesterday I had my second follow up appointment and the doctor like, you know, he's got the speculum in there. He's poking around doing whatever. And then he asked like, oh, well, have you had any platoral sensation yet? And I have. I was like, no, I haven't. I haven't even like tried to dig around to find it yet.
Speaker 3: Just sounds like the setup to like a porno simulation.
Speaker 1: Well let's let's try that out. So then he like kind of like put a finger and like like touched it a little bit.
Speaker 2: I was like, he touched your clip. Yeah, the doctor touched your clip.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it was it was quite a sensation. So I'm excited, and you know, I'm probably it's still probably a few few weeks on the road before before any orgastles.
Speaker 2: Right, any fireworks?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I don't know if that's sort of a question to ask, but I do know that, like they say, you should start playing around on there pretty early on to get those get those the neural pathways. I want you to start a good Yeah, you start gooning as soon as you get home.
Speaker 3: Actually get used to it.
Speaker 1: Your new life now, gooning and dilating.
Speaker 3: Have you guys seen the movie The Skin I Live on? Scarlett Johansson one, No, it's under it's a pedro.
Speaker 1: That movie yeah, yeah, is it the one that we watched, So it's someone like the training, like creating a whole new faces.
Speaker 3: It's very true. I mean I don't really like it, to be honest, but I don't like it because I was going to mention it for a few reasons. But one, it's the first movie that I ever saw a dilater and and it was also.
Speaker 2: I saw one and that was the first time on trans America.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Sorry, Oh yeah, we've talked about we should we should do some more movie episodes so we can get fuller into this areon.
Speaker 6: Hell.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's basically a like a kind of a mad Scientist movie where this guy, I'm about to spoil the whole movie, so if you want to see this, like ski, but it's like about this like mad Scientists played by Antonio Banderas who like this guy like rapes his daughter and so he like kidnaps him and like basically like force him and turns him into a woman. And it's very unrealistic like the first Like I mean, it's like a soap opera because yeah, exactly exactly. It's I just don't know if I particularly like the idea of like forced feminization as like punishment for me.
Speaker 1: I just really the.
Speaker 3: Thing is, I just find that very silly.
Speaker 1: That's getting a little into the crossroad.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Once I realized what the movie was doing is like it's making this guy a beautiful man into a beautiful woman like candy. But it is kind of a it's kind of it's a movie like that where it's someone in captivity having things forced upon their body.
Speaker 2: So Pedro Alamavar really likes. He's like a fascination.
Speaker 3: He translat.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Since I've been at home, I've been just watching movies all day, so I've watched a couple more of his. I've seen like eight or nine of his movies.
Speaker 3: Now, I don't know, I haven't seen enough of his movies, but I've liked a few that i've seen. I just didn't really care for her skin. I live in that much.
Speaker 2: So you had your follow up yesterday. So you were in Nashville again yesterday yesterday. Yeah, and my best friend, one of my best friends, Robin, friend of the show, friend of the pod. She came up because she may be also like I want to, you know, let people know what the reality is of bottom sorgry, Like it's not. There's a lot of like things you just don't know until you like ask people's like personal experience. Like if you go on the internet, it's all like this either random people and Reddit or like you know, all this academic language about stuff. Yeah, and I don't think either of those really captures what the reality is. And was it anything that you thought it was going to be or worse?
Speaker 1: So it's been like like there's things like if I drop something on the ground, it's like, oh my god, this is going to be like a grabber. I should get a grammer. Putting on socks the worst. Yeah, So there's just little things like you're kind of just I was so used to just being able to do whatever I want, being global and yeah yeah, but now it's like, oh god, I'm kind of worn out after walking like to the bathroom and stuff. Or when I was bedbound in the hospital and my phone charger falls on the ground, I'm like nurse. So it's a lot more like you're a lot weaker than you expected to be and a lot less mobile than you thought you'd be. And that's all temporary, of course. Yeah, And it's like it kind of feels like it's going to be forever. But even compared to where I was last week to now, yeah, I'm much more mobile, like I would not. I wasn't able to drive until a couple of days ago, so I drove here. Ya, So like there's a lot of I'm able to get out and do stuff. So it gets better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I'm happy it gets better.
Speaker 1: Kids.
Speaker 2: You heard it here first, So yeah, I'm really happy to hear that. And I guess I mean, there's not really a whole lot much else. We don't have any further updates yet until you take that thing out for a span.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's well, you call us. Yeah, can we get a follow up? Yeah, I'm going to live stream it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's like another thing. Like so like I'm single now and I'm like, like you guys hear them? Yeah, yeah, anybody out there's.
Speaker 3: Bisexual, call the Beauty translated love line. We'll get you on time.
Speaker 1: Actually we do have one now, please call us. But like I've been thinking about, like do I want just some random guy off of like Hide for Tender to be the first guy to consecrate? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you treat it ask something very sacred? Or do you treat it ask something very just kind of like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's like something I'm kind of like, you know, dealing with, Like do I want it to be like a special moment losing my second virginityil do you.
Speaker 3: Also want to put that like I don't know the way people like uh idolatrize like virginity, you know, like like I.
Speaker 1: Don't want to put it on a pedestal, but like I don't.
Speaker 3: I just made up a word.
Speaker 1: I was a good word.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 1: Another aspect about being a trans woman who is postop and something that we've all experienced as trans women are most commonly fetishized for our penises yours now. So yeah, So, like I was actually talking with a guy on Hinge, I believe, and he was We were talking about movies. We like, it was great conversations, talking for a couple of days, and then I told him I was trans, and like he was cool with how big is it? Yeah, he was cool with it. Everything. Well it's six inches deep, and like I, you know, had mentioned like how I'm like recovering from a surgery, and then he asked what surgery.
Speaker 3: I told him it wasn't my wisdom, and then.
Speaker 1: He unmatched with me. Wow, it was cool with a trans woman with a dick with a dick. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So yeah, and that's the thing, Like, that's the reality that a lot of us have to consider with surgery, is that, like, like because you know, obviously that's one of my goals one day, is that I want to have surgery. But are men that thought I was desirable as a trans woman before I had surgery going to still be interested in me? And in most cases not. But you gotta like realize, like, I'm doing this for me. Yeah, it's not for like fuck all these you know, chasers whatever out there, But you just gotta like, you know, I'll find the right person exactly. You're going to find somebody who loves you for for the person and the woman that you are, not for the fact that you had a penis at one point, you know, Yeah, exactly so, and that's like what we're all looking for, you know, out there in the world. So call us in the Beauty Translated love line, Yes, do you have any other things you want to say about your surgery? About your experience.
Speaker 1: It's tough, you know, it's it's a tough process, and like you know, I had to like prepare getting money saved up. I had to prepare like getting time off of work. I had to get pet sitters, I had to get you know, accommodations. There's just so many things you have to consider. So I don't want anybody to like rush into this. I want people to kind of do their research and like I don't know, I'm like happy to educate people, like I've wanted to be like as open as possible. Like my friend who came to my postop appointment yesterday, I invited her to like the room if she wanted to like see what this process is like, and she like saw me dilating and saw like what this process is, you know, just because that's the reality. It's not some kind of like fantasy thing. I demystifies it a lot. Yeah, And with these types of I think nowadays it's changing because there's becoming more common and more like just like every day like that people are getting to different like surgeries and stuff. But definitely there's like this like air of like mystery around like what is you know, bottom surgery and all of that. Because like I love movies, So one of the movies I watched a few week a few months ago. Myrabreckenridge from nineteen seventy. Yeah, could considered.
Speaker 3: The Candy Darling movie.
Speaker 1: Right, she's a Quel Welch.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, where she's like a Transloman.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so she, you know, is a man at first goes into this crazy, weird surgery surreal set and like, you know, it's just like this just the averagest looking dude ever. And then it's Raquel and it's Raquel Welch and you know that's.
Speaker 3: Basically what happened to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I was hoping like surgery would do. And it's that's not the reality, right, It's not like a one you know second and you're good, right, and the big scheme of things, it's a small part of your transition when you've got so many other changes that your body is going through and so many other things like socially and met like all these other things that are happening. So yeah, because like me and my friend when we were in Nashville, we had some car trouble along the way, so we dealt with like mechanics and like tow truck drivers.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: And like it's very thumb on, Louise, Yes, very thumb on Louise, and like our whole motto for the trip was don't be clocky. Don't be clocky. Oh my god. So we get like Darland a lot like that, all these like you know, blue collar men are just like you know, and that was it's a hard thing to deal with, like when you're used to like just being paranoid all the time, like am I passing? Am I passing? Like like how do I how am I perceived around me? And then all of a sudden it's like like, oh, like I am passing, Like nobody's like really worried and stuff, right, but you still have that paranoia anxiety. So it's a weird, a weird transition there.
Speaker 3: Tells me all the time when I'm at work, I'm always very worried about it. And then like I'm talking to like a table of like six construction workers and my Mom's like, I'm like, you said you wanted a sweet teeth, Like it feels really good on in my opinion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and yeah, I mean it is nice to just be able to like forget about that, you know. And I think it's one reason why I fantasize about just going stealth after having.
Speaker 1: Myne Yeah, especially. Yeah, that's like because now it seems like, oh, it's kind of like a possibility now, like I could like go seuth, but then you lose your identity with the trans community that I've kind of been somewhat somewhat into the past few years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that, like if you're like basing your I don't know, if you're like a trans person that is so I don't know, it's like the complete opposite of like like there's like the uber Stacey assimilationists, and then there's like the girl that's like no one should pass ever. I don't know, I feel like, yeah, it's some ship like that, Like I feel like we can kind of meet somewhere along here, Like I don't think you need to like base like who's in the trans community and who's not by who passes it? Like shut up, shut the fuck up, Like like just just shut up. I shouldn't even have to explain why this all sounds stupid. You just just just shut up. Let's all be nice to each other. Yeah, we've all we've all gone through a lot, I mean, and talking to you ladies like about your like srs and stuff and making me realize that like I am fake in a transen I'm a bisexual trans identified.
Speaker 2: Male bisexuals are just confused.
Speaker 3: Well, that's true.
Speaker 1: I'm never gonna take a side.
Speaker 3: I have never been not confused in my life.
Speaker 2: So no, I'm not saying that that anyone should have like have to live at stealth. I'm just saying that there are times in my life when I I not acknowledging my transness is very convenient.
Speaker 3: Oh, there's I think there's definitely like i'd say most of the time I want to be stealth, but I mean not saying, like other times I want to be like clocky, but like there's definitely other times where like I let my guard down and I don't feel like I have to talk in my customer service voice, Like I don't know, there's a lot of like because my that's just my personal relationship with my trans womanhood, Like I don't I don't know. Everyone's like a little different, I guess, and that's okay, that's something that like should be celebrated. I think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like there are aspects of the trans support and community that I've had a lot of trans friends I've got over the last couple of years, and it's amazing. It's like, there are parts of this community that I really love, but then when I'm at work walking down the street, I just want to be like a normal girl. I just want to blend in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I totally get that.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, And that's all we're saying.
Speaker 2: Jane, Okay, I don't There's a lot of trans people that like always want to talk about trans shit, and I'm like, can we talk about Halo?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Can we talk about.
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, let's so, let's all dual wheeled the needler, go out there, go to Matt Walsh's house, light them up.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, Sophie, thank you so much for being here. Of course, thank y'all for having me.
Speaker 2: I really appreciate it. And in the spirit of what I used to do in season one of the podcas cast that I've just forgotten about. Is there anything that you have to share about why you think being trans is beautiful?
Speaker 1: That's a tough question. I mean, I think trans is beautiful because it's kind of magic. Like these things that we think are set in stone, like facial structures, yeah, things, sex, gender, whatever, are very kind of like fluid in a way and like changeable and like being able to change that and kind of form your own image of yourself. That's like magic and that is beauty.
Speaker 3: That was better than my answer.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Well I love talking about this. Thank you for being our first guest to dive deep into the world of Neopussy. Thank you past the Last stot.
Speaker 3: Yea past the last stot. Thanks for keeping me from just going on like inane riffs like.
Speaker 2: I had a lot of riffs too, and out that I was I was going to be really crude, like I was gonna be like, all right, well we're here, like I was gonna do like remember, like there's so many there's so many great jokes, Like I was in like the music studio with our producer where my band is working on an album.
Speaker 3: You want to plug your band?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you should plug your band. So our band, Robin Shakedown. We have some spring days in Atlanta, and then we're planning a summer tour going up through Nashville, Cincinnati, Chicago, and then coming back down. Wow.
Speaker 2: So starting in the land of her homeland of her vagina.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, I think we mentioned this earlier, but yeah, hopefully we can hopefully we can do something together.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, that would be amazing. Yeah, you should tour. Yeah, Jane trying.
Speaker 3: To tour next year, Yeah, a whole other. Yeah, I have an album coming out next year, so I'm hoping to be able to go on tour for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, we have our EP. We're going to be releasing single throughout the winter and spring for the Robin Shakedown Baron, so look out for that.
Speaker 3: Our listeners will have already heard of listening a good playlist.
Speaker 1: We should do that.
Speaker 2: Actually, we should have a Beauty translated with all the people that have been on the show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank y'all for listening, Thank you, thank you. All right, that was a dope interview. I do we want to take some calls?
Speaker 2: Yes, Jane, I would love to take some calls. So they're standing by. Cool, let's roll it.
Speaker 5: What we got Hi, Beauty Translated. I'm dying to know what you think is the trends are going to be for twenty twenty four and also how much you think we should follow them. Should we stick to our own style or is it good to know what's in the zeitgeist to feel stylish in the world. Can't wait to see what you have to say. Thanks so much for your show.
Speaker 3: Okay, thank you.
Speaker 1: That's a great question.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a good question because we have talked about doing an in and out list, but it's a little too the years kind of already underway.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know, but this.
Speaker 3: Gives us, This gives us a little excuse. Carmen, do you have any did you write down any ends for twenty twenty four?
Speaker 2: Fine, I just want to say, like I think, for me and is going to be like masculinity and femininity in whatever form more shape that takes for each person. But like I just think gender gender is back, baby gender is and troe androgyny is out. Androgyny is out, and you owe it to us, Okay, but yeah, no, I just think I just think I want to see more like fabulous like super gendered people.
Speaker 3: I sort of agree with that. I think the age of the non binary barista is coming to a close.
Speaker 2: We're closing the door on the spiritual realm.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're you're You're not get much a lot of today.
Speaker 2: Because it is because now it's something that's like a noticeable physiogoy physiognomy or like I think that usually like once things become like that, like they usually start dying out like a like a noticeable style, like it's honestly yeah, right right right, like all those AI pictures of like Beyonce like with the shape and.
Speaker 3: Like Taylor, but yeah, like working as a Barissa like on like it seems like something that's like reaching an apex. And also I'm already seeing a lot of this the whole, like AmeriCorps like car hearts, like kind of like you think that that is what's replacing the non binary super androgyny.
Speaker 1: Kind of labor chic labor laborer chic.
Speaker 3: And just to clarify this is none of that being non binary is going out. I think that's and that's fine. I'm just saying more like the uh, theational Yeah, the aesthetics of it, I think are waning a little bit. And I think you're right. I think that you'll see more people lean into like hyperfelm or hyper masque kind of things and kind of like gender bending those in their own way. And I think that's pretty nice too. I think that's cool, And.
Speaker 2: I say, do it. Look up Joey Aria, I'm gonna can we talk about some of my favorite gender benders for a moment?
Speaker 3: Can we answer her question.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you're so right.
Speaker 3: I think you should also do what you want. I don't think you should pay attention to anything.
Speaker 2: I think fast fashion is out, and that means that trends are out.
Speaker 3: I'll say this. I'll say this, and this is kind of like my mo for fashion. My whole life is like I think that if I don't think it's bad to be aware of like trends and stuff, or it's bad to be aware of like seasonal fashion and stuff like that. But if you have a sense of that's unique to yourself, that is something that like I it's it's if you have like Janey core, like if you have your name core, like that is a that is something that will never go out of style because it will always fit you. So I would I would highly advise everyone to find, you know, try in as many hats as possible and find your own core so then it doesn't really matter what's in and what's out because you're in.
Speaker 2: And just to like wrap all that up, I say that for me, healthy hair, skin, nails, and teeth are always in. So yeah, take good care of yourself in the year twenty twenty four, and I think you'll be sparkling.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm being gay now, Okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think I think. I think reading is in reading people sessions over, we're not watching TV. I think reading's in. I think uh, I think downers are in. Last year. Last year was a big year. Well it's been it's been uppers for a while. I think we should bring the downers backe please. I think fentanyl is out.
Speaker 2: Self diagnosing yourself off of TikTok's out?
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, self diagnosis should be out. Let's know. How about this? How about this? Self diagnosis is out? Peer diagnosis is innosing. We're letting our homies tell us what's wrong with.
Speaker 2: Which personality disorder do I have?
Speaker 3: Janie?
Speaker 2: Have you figured it out yet?
Speaker 3: We're doing like BuzzFeed quizes to figure out what medications we should be on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think we. I think we thoroughly answered.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think we. I think we freaked it.
Speaker 1: We freaked baby.
Speaker 3: Do we got any other calls? Maybe one or two more?
Speaker 4: Hey, guys, I would like to be anonymous and in thirty year.
Speaker 3: Old Atlanta familiar.
Speaker 4: Well, not so recently, but my boyfriend, my ex boyfriend, recently broke up with me back step from there. We broke up mostly because he is gay.
Speaker 6: First of all, I I was wondering, I recently started dating somebody just a few months after our breakup.
Speaker 4: I recently started dating a trance man and are dating My has been very successful. Everything's going well, beautifully, seemingly, so nice. He's been so validating and so accepting in me to see exact opposite of the relationship I was in before.
Speaker 5: But my question is.
Speaker 4: I about a year almost two years, honestly, and my question is that early to jump into a different relationship?
Speaker 3: My god, all right, we get it. I heard the question. I heard the question. That's a.
Speaker 1: Cut.
Speaker 3: The camera's dead ass, Yeah, okay, that you took way fucking too long to get to that question. Keep it under a minute. I think I know who your voice is. I'm gonna start guessing names. Oh no, I'm just kidding. That voice said sound pretty familiar, though, Uh I didn't. Did you catch how long it's been since the breakup? I didn't quite touch that part.
Speaker 2: I thought she said like a year? What did she say a year? No?
Speaker 1: A month?
Speaker 2: That they were together for a year and they broke up a month ago. I mean, I should be writing down the book. I will say from experience, I've been in a lot of long term relationships, and usually they've been like chained after another, Like I've my adult life, I will not spend more than like two or three months like single. Like honestly, like since I've been like twenty, I like twenty two. It's a survival mechanism out here.
Speaker 1: I got.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I mean, I told myself after my last relationship that I was going to like be single for a while, and then a lot of I don't really want to talk about my personal life, but yeah, I mean it depends, like I would say, like it sounds like you're hurt. It sounds like you're hurt from this relationship. And I think that like having another partner and just doing your best to move on is fine. But I do think it's also not a bad idea to play it safe, you know, play it like slow, you know, hold up on the I love yous, like hold up on moving in together, just go slow, close slow yet because or maybe for a while. Yeah, I don't necessarily think that's bad at all. I'm happy for you. I think that that's a that's totally cool. I just I would advise I would not advise you to like just jump in this is the love of my fucking life a lot, because it is very tempting to go on a very BPD kind of like journey with your new partner, So I would advise against that. But otherwise, journey, it's story of my life. Story, It's like the story of Slaughterhouse Live.
Speaker 2: It's probably the story of my life. I need a diagnosis. I'm gonna I'm gonna ask for a pure diagnosis. Well, my feelings on this are, first of all, congrats, you know, on getting out of a relationship with somebody who probably won't be attracted to you like long term as you go through your transition. I think being in a relationship with another trans person, as we've talked about on the show many times, is like very affirming and of course you're going to find a lot of comfort in each other and just knowing that you each have a very similar kind of shared experience navigating the world. And I've never experienced that. I have only ever dated, I've only ever dated sis men my entire life. In my opinion, you know, there's pros and there's cons to everything. Okay, my favorite thing about being in a relationship with a straight CIS man is that he is so oblivious to everything that just like everything, he has no idea just about all the stupid gay and like LGBT shit out there, Like he just doesn't know how dumb it is. So he's just completely separated from that world. Is kind of a little bit freeing, you know. But on on the other hand, he can't relate, you know, So there are times when I'm like, wow, I wish he could maybe relate a little bit more. Now that being said, when you're both in the community, it raises a little bit of a of an issue, an issue if things, you know, start going south right like, because then it's just becomes like, I don't know, there's like many many memes have been made about, like the the epic meltdown of like a tea for tea relationship ending. And I'm not saying that it's not worth pursuing, but sometimes two trans people in a relationship with all the shit that we've got going on, just you know, emotionally and everything, it's a lot I would think, you know, I mean, sometimes it's hard because sometimes I you know, want to be a little less in that kind of world, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I M I would also say that, like from my experience, I've I've only been in relationship with SIS people, sis women and SIS men. I've had like sexual experiences with trans people, but nothing like long term. It's not for me personally. It's not that I'm not like open to it or anything. It's just it's just honestly hasn't happened. And that's that's just kind of is what it is. But I would just say from like because I've talked to a lot of people that like are like strictly tea for tea and they always talk about the like yeah, like what you said, like the affirmation aspect, and I gotta say, just speaking for me personally, that's not something that's not important to me, Yeah, I like you said, Carmen, like I would rather someone just like not really care forget about it, like not really like like me and my partner we like just kind of joke about it and stuff, and like it's nice like for me, like it's nice like knowing that like he is like like trans like amorists, and like he thinks I'm hot and I like that. Like it doesn't really it doesn't matter to me that he's not trans, Like, that's not something that like matters to me that much. So this is all to say that, like, I don't like, I think you should weigh how much that like validation aspect really means to you, because I feel like that's something that one you can kind of get from a lot of people, a lot of like platonic relationships, and two like, I mean, I just don't really know like how rewarding that will be, like if that's something that like, like I feel like that's just something you would get really really used to. Yeah, you know, after you've been been with your trans partner for like fil years, are you still going to be thinking, like, god, I feel so validated, Like I don't know, like, and to be fair, and I will just say this one more time, this is not something I personally have experience with. So if I'm talking out of my ass and this is not something that applies to you, that's fair enough. And that's fine. If this is like something that like you, if you're like hearing what I'm saying and you're like, oh no, like twenty thirty years down the line, I would still love the validation. I don't know I'm not making fun of that. I don't genue, I don't think, don't. I'm just telling you from my perspective, that's not something that particularly I need in a relationship for me that much. I need a small like if we're like like putting our stats into like a Skyrim build, like I just I don't, I don't my validation stat would be low, like like I'm I'm spect all the way into like umer sex and access service, access service.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think. I think if you're if you're worried about this being like a quick thing, like moving into it fast, you know, just take a step back coat it takes things a little slower and just just evaluate things and evaluate like what you actually want out of a relationship and uh yeah, and see if this is a viable means for you to get it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, agreed, But yeah, thank you all so much for listening to this week's episode of Beauty Translated. We hope you loved it, And if you want to hear your voicemail and have us answer it on next week's episode, please give us a call over on the Beauty Translated Loveline, which.
Speaker 3: Is six seven eight five six one two seven eight five. For all your problems, we will make them worse. Wink think, think and we can I Oh, I'm sorry. Can I plug something super quick? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, I have two shows coming up. If you're in the Atlanta area, you can catch me at Factors in a Little five Points on January twenty seventh and South Bend Commons on February first. And is there going to be some fun ones, So come on out if you're in the.
Speaker 1: Area, show out. Jane Heads.
Speaker 3: Thank you for listening. We love you, We love you.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much. Have about great week. We'll see you next week. Bye, bab, Thank you for listening to Beauty Translated. Beauty Translated is hosted by me Carmen Laurent and Janie Danger.
Speaker 3: Produced by Kurt Garan and Jess Krinchitch so special thanks to Ali Perry and Ali Cantor. Our theme music is done by Aaron Kaufman and Beauty Translated is proud to be a part of the Outspoken Network from iHeart Podcasts.
Speaker 2: For more iHeart podcast visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcast.
Speaker 6: Oh