Speaker 1: Gambling was something that I did.
Speaker 2: This is Dan Patrick takes a gamble.
Speaker 1: One of my bookies died at the Kitchen Table, a podcast vehicle for Dan to talk about his love of gambling. One bet, another bet, another bet.
Speaker 2: Without doing the actual gambling.
Speaker 3: You're a coward.
Speaker 1: It's easy to have a scapegoat and now join my bad Larry, Shayan Irving, and Dylan the graphics guy. I have friends.
Speaker 2: Here's Dan Patrick bad lair.
Speaker 1: I went over to Shay's last night. His wife cooked me dinner, his three daughters and had a lot of fun. It's a very domesticated life that Shaye leads. He sounds like he's an outlaw at home.
Speaker 4: He's not, but he's a pussy cat at home. I like hearing that shake.
Speaker 5: I'm not I know what I thought. I just get beat up at home. It's not worth the fight anymore. There's no point in fighting her. She's like an overwhelming force. She's like a getting thrown in a bucket of bathwater. Like she's just you're definitely gonna lose.
Speaker 4: That's perfect. So I'm glad you've you're comfortable now with your position.
Speaker 5: Not comfortable, uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: Larry, he doesn't even actually have the gun tattoo.
Speaker 1: Right, He takes that off, washed it off every day.
Speaker 5: But I go home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but we had a lovely conversation, and Shay has a lovely family. His wife is wonderful. Thought that she was the old pair when I walked in, and then what an old pair she had. She's gonna love hearing that too. And I got her some chardonnay.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I that was by the end of the night.
Speaker 3: Did you actually bring jardet?
Speaker 5: Yes, I wore cologne. She was like, this is my favorite chardonnay. How did he know? It's like it must cost a ship.
Speaker 1: To Shay's daughters are adorable. Adorable. Had a lot of fun meal. Was good. We talked about what it.
Speaker 3: Was on the the menu.
Speaker 1: It was chicken scarpiollo. Yeah, yeah, but shows.
Speaker 3: That, Yeah, you let her cook a lot of Italian fish.
Speaker 5: She can cook. She can fucking cook. That's one thing I mean that I really looked into before we got hitched.
Speaker 1: And then we did Shay's podcast. Well, his wife couldn't stay out of the room, and she was there for it. She kept coming.
Speaker 5: We shut a barn door, you shut there's this barn door. You shut half the house off, and she was it was her idea. She was like, shut the door. It was like perfect, great, stay in the other room with the fucking kids and the dishes. See you later. Next thing, you know, she's got to take a piss, Like ah, okay, she's like, dud do oh oh.
Speaker 1: You guys are talking about love?
Speaker 5: How about I just interjacked?
Speaker 3: Yeah, talking about love?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, we're talking about love. Yeah yeah, what's with dude?
Speaker 3: You guys had a nice little play date. Huh yeah.
Speaker 1: I was pleasantly surprised, like it was, uh, I mean almost romantic.
Speaker 3: It's it does sound a little romantic for a variety of reasons.
Speaker 1: But but but you know how Nick Wright, his wife kind of came on to me when we went to dinner.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I got the similar vibe though last night.
Speaker 5: She should have heard her when she was She's like, wow, he's tall. It's like, I'm fucking tall. What was wrong with you? She was like he's really tall. I mean he's just you know, wow what a voice was like, what really really born to do this job?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: The fuck up?
Speaker 3: It's moxy.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: At the end, she was like, oh, also, you did great, Shi.
Speaker 6: Take the fucking trash and by the way, trying to find his house in the whitest of white neighborhoods. That's right, Marvin, Yeah, don't go over there.
Speaker 1: It is beautiful. I'm trying to find my way, and I like there was a silence of the lambs, tight feel to it where they find you know, he's got whoever.
Speaker 3: Well, he does have a giant well in the barn with a girl in it, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Well there is a pond. It's like thirteen feet deep. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I'm like, oh, I don't like this, a little nerve racket. That's the great part about America right there. And then I cut and then I find his house. I'm like, look at you, domesticated motherfucker.
Speaker 3: His piece of ship.
Speaker 1: No, it was awesome and a beautiful house.
Speaker 3: No, No, he's the piece of ship.
Speaker 1: What's wrong with this picture?
Speaker 3: I know where Shaye lives. That place is not a piece of ship.
Speaker 1: No, that was a beautiful house. Had a great night. I hated leaving.
Speaker 3: I honestly, I the thought did cross my mind that maybe Dan, this is my sleepover.
Speaker 1: Maybe one more beer and one more glances chardonay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, when the light comes through that slit in the barn and you know the moonlight, not that slip march.
Speaker 5: Hey.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it was very nice. I'm glad I went over and thank you for the invitation. Yes, of course we had a great time. Shane Irving podcast. Wherever you get your podcast, you can hear all the gory details.
Speaker 3: I did feel a little left out. Not gonna lie well, I mean you get you know, going to dinner. It's like not even a Hey, Dylan, do you want to go?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: No, there there wasn't going to be an invitation. No, I know that, like you can go separately, but I was gonna go over.
Speaker 5: I tried to invite y'all over weeks ago. I was like, y'all should come over and actually do the podcast, is what I fucking said.
Speaker 3: Ray and Dylan, she's out of town. Let's go on fireworks.
Speaker 5: She was out of town. That's true.
Speaker 1: Did you invite Larry?
Speaker 5: Oh? No, God, okay, but.
Speaker 1: Larry, you wouldn't make it up.
Speaker 4: No, probably not.
Speaker 5: Larry wouldn't make it out.
Speaker 4: It's kind of what I expected your house to be like, Shay. Thanks, honestly, that's exactly what I thought. No, I can't make it up Dan. Whenever I'm up there for a weekend, we will run by unannounced. We just go over.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, yeah if if Larry actually does but this is a hypothetical.
Speaker 1: If it's a pathetical, it is a.
Speaker 3: Pathetical, then we should all go over to Shay's house.
Speaker 5: Okay, let's do it. Yeah, we'll do it. Took some meat on the tragger. Yeah, yeah, I gotta make chicken tinga tonight.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 5: Well, I bought fucking bone in chicken breast from stopping shop and she said absolutely not, so she had to go to Balduchiese. You get this super organic. She's like, absolutely not using your stop.
Speaker 3: That's the chicken that killed itself.
Speaker 5: So I got all these bone in chicken breast. I got to make something with it, and she doesn't give a shit about eating it. So I got to make tinga.
Speaker 3: And I if I you handle any Mexican related cooking, yes.
Speaker 5: Yes, Mexican or Southern, I handle that everything foo foo she does. By the way, recapping, Shaye lost two units, last one possible. I want to recap.
Speaker 1: Dylan lost five bad. Larry won a unit. So Shay's minus seventeen, Dylan's minus nineteen and a half areas plus eleven. Once again, we got to change the name to these guys are shitty gamblers or something like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, stupid idiots.
Speaker 1: Yeah, uh, Larry, anything you want to recap from last weekend?
Speaker 4: From last week I don't really think there was anything. I think I just picked up that one unit the Rangers. I think the Rangers want it for me. I'm not a big hockey guy, but I've been betting it obviously in the playoffs. I have my Rangers again tonight. That's a little heads up for you, Dylan and Shay.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, I still have the Panthers winning the Stanley Cup, which I had from the outset with my great hockey knowledge. That is, do with it what you would like?
Speaker 5: Wait?
Speaker 1: Wait, wait? Are we going to the Rangers game to night?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: I was going to You're not going. I can't bring everybody, But are you going to go?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: What if I said, pretty please?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: I It's either all or nothing? Yeah it is, I would be. You should learn teamwork.
Speaker 5: Nethex, you'm a lone wolf the angry You're a lone wolf.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wolf with like mange wandering around in the.
Speaker 1: Lone wolf Dylan nud Do you want to recap anything?
Speaker 5: I'd love to.
Speaker 1: I lost every bet. No ship.
Speaker 5: Can we get off this Formula one ship? You know what I read the other goddamn day preseason Formula one Top ten is exact same ending of the season Top ten. How fucking boring is that ship? They don't hit each other, They barely pass each other. They just hit each other in Monica one out of how many goddamn races? Come on, let's get weird. I want to fist fight at the fucking podium. Not this, you know, multi lingual bullshit.
Speaker 1: It is very European, sounds very like, very dignified, dignified with dudes.
Speaker 3: Anyone, really, You're I'm worried about you me?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it feels like you're a little off today. No, completely off the sauce you got. No, No, not that I think you got off, knocked off your your game last night you think.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I got pushed around a little bit by you. Yeah, I know, I know idea.
Speaker 1: Some would say big, but I and I'm I shouldn't have done that on your home turf.
Speaker 5: What do you mean? I mean?
Speaker 1: If I do it here like this a neutral side, that's your wife, your kids were hugging me when I left.
Speaker 5: They fucking talked about that too. The eldest one was like, well I got a hug, but.
Speaker 3: What they hug you?
Speaker 5: I said, That's what I said.
Speaker 1: It was. They're adorable kids, there are, and I just was like they were on their best behavior.
Speaker 3: Well, bedtime there.
Speaker 1: Baby. Shay's wife said, hey, yeah, I'm gonna have to go watch when he.
Speaker 5: Was like, I loved twenty eight. I loved twenty eight the whole fucking night.
Speaker 1: Like, no, you don't. She looks ten years younger than she probably is. Okay, so she like thirty eight, she's.
Speaker 5: Thirty seven.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I'm right on it, and you're you're what thirty nine, forty forty? Yeah, she looks a lot younger than you.
Speaker 5: That much is true.
Speaker 1: I gotta thank god, I gotta be.
Speaker 3: On walking and dial nine one.
Speaker 5: Can you imagine if I married somebody that looked as old as me?
Speaker 1: Well, Stelle Getty is dead?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 1: Wait?
Speaker 2: What uh?
Speaker 1: Arthur? Betty White gone to Betty White in the day?
Speaker 5: Okay, Betty White was a hotty.
Speaker 1: Back in the day.
Speaker 3: She looked pretty goddamn good at ninety nine years.
Speaker 1: She looked good. Would yea, I would?
Speaker 5: Would you would would?
Speaker 1: Yeah? She was called Betty Black. Oh my god Wards Jesus, what black Betty old black Betty? Okay, shall lamb motherfucker jay what? I never understood that song me neither.
Speaker 5: What does bamlam mean?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think it just sounds nice.
Speaker 1: Damn thing's gone blind bamda lamb uh shaye. Do you want to recap anything?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I got to quit confusing Koreans. Korean confusion costs me a good amount of money. I told you I had the wrong.
Speaker 1: Colum word was not kore Is to me, Dan, Okay, but that's part of the problem.
Speaker 5: No, the problem is sim I got him confused with Sung j Yeah, I know you did first. Is it Sung JM? Or is that just a North Korean? He dictator's name him jump. Yeah, that's the same.
Speaker 3: I mean, he's like probably like twentieth in line for the exactly.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I gotta I gotta focus on Koreans, That's what I gotta do. Okay.
Speaker 1: Great, that brings us to this week, bad Larry.
Speaker 4: All right, Dan, I am driving down to ninety five South to get a couple of teeth pulled.
Speaker 1: You only have a couple of teeth.
Speaker 4: I know they're gonna trying to give me a new grill. Damn well, what happens?
Speaker 3: Okay, Paul wall style.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right to have to go right to Hollywood to play like Brad Pitt's younger brother.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Wow, who's right your copy today?
Speaker 3: If it was if it was rain Man two.
Speaker 4: I'm in the I'm in the green machine. So I got no air conditioning.
Speaker 1: It's bad, Okay, So I'll let you, uh give me your pixis yeah.
Speaker 4: Okay, Yeah, because I know I got to get off two ninety five somewhere down here, and I'm not sure where I.
Speaker 5: Got to go.
Speaker 4: Dallas plus the five tonight or that's tonight, right, yeah, the Rangers money line. I think it's a small, say a small underdog plus one oh five or one ten, whatever it is. Then I got two top twenties in this golf tournament, Tommy Fleetwood and Rory McElroy, Okay, and I want both of them, one unit on both of them top panels. So so six.
Speaker 1: Bets okay, uh fairway, Jesus h top twenty is minus one twenty, Rory minus one fifty to be in the top ten, and he's won the event two of the last three years. So that's it, Larry, that's it.
Speaker 4: But I'm gonna hang on the line. I might not talk anymore because I got to go to my my phone to uh find out where the fuck I'm going down here.
Speaker 1: I don't know if we need to use that language. I'm sorry, Yeah, okay.
Speaker 4: As she turned over a new leader, yes, yeah.
Speaker 1: Very respectable. Last night, language was at a minimum.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah, it was in front of the kids.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm very proud to say that's awesome.
Speaker 1: Oh I know is there are a couple f bombs right in front of his three year old and I'm like, Okay.
Speaker 5: She doesn't give a shit.
Speaker 3: She they're not gonna remember that.
Speaker 1: She she might she's fucked up. She is a three years old.
Speaker 5: She's crazy.
Speaker 1: She has a look about her that I went, oh my god, Shay, that's you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, she's way too much like me.
Speaker 3: The other two are more like the roommates.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they're like calmer and normal like girls that like do normal girl things. Fife is just violent and doesn't give a shit, like she slaps somebody in the face the other day, like at a memorial day. She just slapped and right in the face, a grown up damn right in the face. It was like, what the fuck Fife? Yeah, like, you don't say, oh, Fife, don't do that, You go, what the fuck?
Speaker 1: Why'd you hit him in the face?
Speaker 3: And is the name Fifi is funny for someone smacking some of the face.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you do corporal punishment?
Speaker 5: No, I'm not allowed to. The roommate won't let me. That's the thing. That's the bullshit part. My mama is not happy about that because she can't hit him either, so she's like she hits all the other grandkids. So my kids see it because my brothers and sisters don't give a fuck. They're like, yeah, beat the brakes off of them. I don't give a ship.
Speaker 1: And the roommate's like, no, we don't believe it.
Speaker 5: Hippie hippie. And so they'll be like all getting together and somebody will do something bad and my mom will just grab them and start whooping their ass, and my kids, you're.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, my god, traumatized. Okay, so bad.
Speaker 5: Larry gave me his pick, say you're up next, Yeah, twin Ki's laying one twenty four against the Mighty Mighty Royals. A's plus one thirty and Detroit plus one ten.
Speaker 1: By the way, I walk into the family room, so I'm in the kitchen and I'm chatting it up, charming some people. And then I walk into the living room and all the baseball betting lines are all on the screen. I'm going Daddy's home.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, She's like, why are you watching the Padres game.
Speaker 3: I don't worry about it.
Speaker 5: I love San Diego, babe. Anyway.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, so that's your baseball basketball. Got the over two nine and then I got a twenty point scoring parlay. This can't miss. So everybody should unload on this kat Luca Kyrie and gotta score twenty or more. It's plus one forty five, cat can do it? Come on, well, it's over under tonight is twenty and a half.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's one of those is going to.
Speaker 5: If anybody fucks me, it's going to be cat for sure. Probably in miss six threes unless somebody rolls an ankle first quarter. Wow, way to put that juju any golf, Yeah, golfy golf. I got the Canadian love story and the Gala caught twenty parlay plus one fifty six. I never lose those. And then I got Fleetwood Mac plus fourteen hundred to win. I love it.
Speaker 1: What's the Canadian love story? Rory loves Canadia? Oh fucking loves it. He loves Canada.
Speaker 5: Canadia. Canadians are from Canadia, Canadas are from Canada. Canada is great. No, I do like Canada.
Speaker 1: You don't like Canada?
Speaker 5: Reading ground for communists and Marxistanni.
Speaker 1: Oh my god?
Speaker 3: And French.
Speaker 5: We started to trust him.
Speaker 1: We were talking politics last night.
Speaker 3: I had to ask if any controversial Oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah. And what I loved about his wife, Becca is she's not afraid big lib. Yeah she She came right back at him, yeah, superlib. And it felt like I was a marriage counselor. I'm just listening and they're going back and forth, and I'm in the middle.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, holy, you're the debate moderator.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Uh.
Speaker 5: When the revolution comes, she'll fall in line just like everybody else.
Speaker 1: Yes, Ray, did.
Speaker 7: You guys cut anything out from yesterday or did you just go full gun?
Speaker 1: I don't know what aired I did. I just know we went start to finish.
Speaker 5: Didn't cut shit.
Speaker 1: Why.
Speaker 7: I was just wondering because no, yeah, well we have to there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is my name, Shae whatever. No, but when she they were at dinner table, so this wasn't on the podcast. So we kind of talked, and then we went into our private chambers and then uh, that's when she came in a couple of times, sat down and giggled.
Speaker 5: Unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wondered to see all my tattoos.
Speaker 5: She did. It was ridiculous, Yeah, unbelievable.
Speaker 1: And Shaye at one point goes, uh, maybe I need to introduce you to the gun cabinet or whatever.
Speaker 5: Gun.
Speaker 1: I'm like, what, I haven't showed you the shotgun?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, not like behind the sofa and then the refrigerator.
Speaker 5: I can't. She won't let me.
Speaker 1: The fucking kids always kids, dude, They're everywhere.
Speaker 3: Kids, those pesky kids.
Speaker 1: And by the way, when you go out to his house, there's no cell service, so I'm lost. I don't know where I am. And then I have to go back out and drive like a half mile down the road, and he goes, where are you. I go, I'm lost, lost, and then he goes, I'm coming outside, and all of a sudden, I see him come out.
Speaker 5: I'm sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, back the way he came wrong. That entire town doesn't have cell service.
Speaker 5: No, you got to be on the Wi Fi. Yeah, don't believe.
Speaker 1: And I pulled into somebody's driveway I wasn't supposed to, and there was fat house. Yes, Sha said no, don't go there.
Speaker 5: That's not the house you want to be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I didn't know, like I just pulled into the wrong driveway.
Speaker 3: Because a guy and both both Shay and his wife.
Speaker 1: Are like, oh no, no, don't go there. Okay, Dylan, what else do you have?
Speaker 3: So for the RBC, my boy Nick Taylor took me out last year.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's true.
Speaker 3: So I'm going to parlay him and the other Corey Connor's top ten plus nineteen forty and then Aaron Raye to win plus thirty five.
Speaker 1: Hundred double gloves Okay.
Speaker 3: NBA, I'm taking the MAVs alternate spread minus five and a half. Those three hundred, I think they dust them.
Speaker 1: So Aaron ry wears two black gloves.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it looks so weird.
Speaker 1: Ray Rate pointed that out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it looked like literally.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's like the worst style in golf by far.
Speaker 1: He might have the grossest fit of all the golf Well, Tommy two gloves, yeah here.
Speaker 3: But he were white. There's something about the black golf gloves that.
Speaker 1: Just looks immediately yea, yeah. What else do you have?
Speaker 3: UFC slash UCF. If Larry's still listening, dust I got very good actually, Larry, the fights in Newark this weekend?
Speaker 1: What about the fight in the ring though, Yeah, oh no, there's a ship list. Oh god, wow, So I got Dustin.
Speaker 3: Poorer by ko plus six fifty against Islam racist. Yeah, she's the nightmare and then Islam Matchev by submission minus one twenty three units on that one. So it's a minor hedge.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a Christian in the from from interesting wonder who will prevail?
Speaker 1: Got Jesus on his side?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Do you have Jesus on your side?
Speaker 5: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: Why would Jesus be on your side?
Speaker 5: Because I pray? Yeah, but the answers everybody, No, one of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers. Thank you, Garth Brooks.
Speaker 3: Has anyone's prayers answered?
Speaker 5: Garth Brooks, the mighty Theologian?
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, continue I was saying that has anyone's prayers ever been answered before?
Speaker 5: Ever. I mean, I wouldn't know. I'm not God doing That's not how it works.
Speaker 3: You were NHL Rangers money line against the Panthers plus one oh five and Mika's have been a JAD anytime goalscorer plus game.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna give you credit for just pronouncing it correctly. You should get a like a one plus.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'll take it, I need it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then French Open Dan, uh, the king of the French Open, I believe is done playing tennis, right Nadal?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think he was gonna be a threat this year.
Speaker 5: Probably not.
Speaker 1: Just think walking is you have Alcarez?
Speaker 3: Alcarez to win the French Open plus two forty?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, so we'll make it a date. Next time we want to get together. We'll go to Shay's and uh, we could we could actually do the podcast over there. Then all go, yeah.
Speaker 5: Well I'll have to get permission.
Speaker 1: Mark.
Speaker 5: Have you seen do you know the town?
Speaker 1: Well that's it. I think we've done it. I think we've done the Shane Irving podcast. Wherever you get your podcast unedited?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah?
Speaker 1: Stream of consciousness? Just like and he was trying to be professional as a host. He goes, I got some questions here. I'm like where you wrote down questions? Yeah? Yeah, and I went yeah, I think we got the two questions. It was just let's just go.
Speaker 5: This shit got weird.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it would have been great if he sat there and read all thirty stupid questions.
Speaker 5: I have like six.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but it was a wonderful night.
Speaker 7: Yes, Ray, what's a question that you guys didn't ask? Oh, you have to answer?
Speaker 5: Well, definitely. I was going to ask who at ESPN was known to be on drugs? Okay, well, I mean that's got to be a list, there's got to be Yeah, they had first, second, and third shift there, somebody's definitely doing drugs.
Speaker 1: Shane Irving wherever you get your podcast, and Dan Patrick takes again, Larry, good luck with your new grill, your new grill.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just saw a song from the Delaware Memorial Bridge. I hope I didn't miss my I think I'm not a.
Speaker 1: Richmond h until next week, if there is a next week. Thanks for joining us on Dan Patrick dakes a Campbell h