Speaker 1: Misspelling with Tori Spelling and iHeartRadio Podcast.
Speaker 2: Hi.
Speaker 3: Hi, how are you.
Speaker 4: We're doing great?
Speaker 3: How are you great? Eric and Adriana, Welcome to Misspelling.
Speaker 4: Nice to meet you, Nice to meet you.
Speaker 3: Thank you. Oh my gosh, tell me about air Tasker.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, so many things about air Tasker. But at it four you do so much, We do so much, well, we do anything.
Speaker 2: So people are always like a love to It's really anything, really, it really is.
Speaker 3: What's the craziest thing you've ever done?
Speaker 2: Oh, I can tell you about the craziest task I've ever done, which was I had a my neighbor's cat brought a dead mouse and to my driveway. My husband was at the office. I was working from home, deathly scared of mice. It's one of my things. And yeah, I booked a tasker in five minutes, showed up in ten and he even showed up with.
Speaker 4: Like a little box for the mouse and disposed of it.
Speaker 2: So I mean, when we say anything, it's anything, even the wacky, wild things that you wouldn't think of.
Speaker 5: Wow, that is a great example. I would never I love that. Yeah, okay, I'm a believer, let's go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, But at its core, you know.
Speaker 2: Air Tasker is a marketplace for local services where again you can get anything done where a global company. We launched in Australia, it's been there for ten years than the UK, and we've been in the US for three years. Started in LA, so really have our grasp on the LA market, but we've expanded into several other cities that were pop vamp in New York, Chicago, Phoenix, Austin, Vegas.
Speaker 4: So we're a bit of everywhere right now.
Speaker 2: And with air Tasker, it's simple, like we put the power back into the hands of the customer and the taskers. So taskers go on the I mean customers go on the platform. They post what they need done. They put in a description. You can put in pictures of what you need done. Like if you're like I have all these weeds in my backyard but I don't know what to do about them. You can put pictures and you set your own budget, which is amazing, and you set it on your schedule, your time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, ask them what budget they would do it for.
Speaker 4: No, you set your price.
Speaker 2: So if you're like I want to spend one hundred bucks on this and that's it, you know it's up to the tasker if they want to do it for.
Speaker 4: That price, got it?
Speaker 2: So it puts the power in their hands too, so they can then bit on your task, make an offer, and you start to see all these little offers come through, and you can look at the taskers profile they're writing and reviews. You can look at their like their bios, like what skills they have to make sure it really matches what you're looking to get done. And then everything's handled securely on the platform, Payments handled on the platform, and communication. You can speak to the tasker before may even choose who you want a book, and payment isn't released until the customer says my task was complete.
Speaker 3: Why are you making this so easy? I know right, you're making life easy. I mean I could write to it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think that's why we work at air Tasker, where like we want to make other people's lives easier.
Speaker 5: So for me personally, I have a lot of stuff, yes, that has accumulated that our house no longer can hold.
Speaker 3: How about that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you and a lot of people, right, I.
Speaker 5: Have five kids, nuts, I'm a crazy chaotic life that doesn't stop to organize or move things out. And then all of a sudden it's just like, wait, I can't physically do that.
Speaker 3: I'm one human. I need help lifting and removing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think that's the thing with air Tasker is like so many people have this like stigma around just in general and life like asking for help, but also within basic practical things like I should be able to do this all myself, and air Tasker lifts like for at least you know, as a brand, we look to like lift that stigma of no, like there is a community of taskers of people because we're a community platform at the end of the day that is willing and wants to help. So really it's like, yeah, there's help available and you can do it on your own time, your own schedule, and like for whatever you need, and especially around a lot of stuff, you know you can you don't have to do it all at once either, right, Like you can start small and then add on tasks as you go so it to make it less overwhelming.
Speaker 3: That's great.
Speaker 5: And if there's a tasker that you feel comfortable with, you can continue to work with them.
Speaker 4: If apps they're.
Speaker 2: Available, absolutely, yeah, we have that feature where you can just rebook them on the app.
Speaker 3: Is there.
Speaker 5: A moven option, like, can a tasker live with me? You know what's imagine they have like a live in nanny, live in housekeeper, Like I could have a live in air tasker.
Speaker 4: I mean the thing is, you can get anything done on air tasker.
Speaker 2: You said anything we have And I was talking about this the other day. We have one customer who is always posting the same task because I guess he has dental problems going to the dentist a lot. He has a tasker just to go with him for emotional support to the dentist.
Speaker 3: No, oh, was he older? We don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 2: You don't.
Speaker 3: I want to do a TV show about you.
Speaker 5: This is fascinating. An emotional support tasker. Yeah, I think I need one of those too. I mean I need to focus me. Yeah yeah, wow, yeah, I need so for me.
Speaker 3: This is getting a bit away from the topic, but not really.
Speaker 5: I'm not like physically organized like pen to paper even.
Speaker 3: So, I have a lot of kids, I have a big life. I have a lot of.
Speaker 5: Businesses, but like everything kind of I don't delegate and I don't ask for help, so a lot of it remains in my brain and then I'm like, shoot, I didn't get this executed, and everyone's like, well, why don't you write it down?
Speaker 3: Like and I'm like, no, my brain doesn't think that way.
Speaker 5: I wonder if I can type of tasker that would literally just go throughout my day with me and write things down.
Speaker 4: Absolutely absolutely, yeah, Erica.
Speaker 3: I mean executive air tasker.
Speaker 6: You know, it's funny we listen to your podcasts from the other day, and while obviously there's a lot of things that we can tackle within the home, even outside the home, right, gardening and all those things you had mentioned about kind of the idea of time management, right and putting things in the calendar. Even you were taking notes on that call, there are different websites and things she was pointing you to, and it was just the idea of okay, and I gotta follow through.
Speaker 5: I guess what, they're right here, still right here in my podcast station where I took those notes.
Speaker 3: They live right here right yeah.
Speaker 6: And it's like, how do we find the time to actually action off those things? And that's the beauty of their tasker. You can go on and post that you need administrative support and help, right, and whether that's someone to tackle it for you or you want to learn skills from them that you can adopt or just say, you know what, I don't want those skills, I want someone just to help me with it. There's a tasker that can do that for you. So, like Adriana said, anything that you need. But also you had mentioned on the podcast too, I think your patron for jewelry I do, right, because like the little time that you probably have for yourself, right, the idea is you don't want to necessarily tackle a task. You want to enjoy doing something for yourself. And so we were sitting there, I was like, well, if you need help with a website design or refreshing a website, or taking photos or videos and editing them for social or setting up a shopify to start your own storefront, yes, yes, yeah, you can hire a tasker for all of those things. So it's literally anything that's just piling up that you want to get off the plate, that you never have time to get to, but that you want to do, there's going to be someone there that has those skills that can help you with those things with.
Speaker 3: In my area, within my community. Wait, I love that because see I would not have thought that part of it. Yeah, yeah, we're here. Oh my gosh, okay, how do we start? Wait?
Speaker 1: I have a question three the.
Speaker 7: Uh how do you how are the taskers sort of vetted like they sign themselves up?
Speaker 4: Do you guys have to like look into.
Speaker 7: Who they are and improve them, Like, are you guys sort of responsible at the end of the day if something goes sideways with a tasker or is it just more here We're going to give you options of various people that you can choose from, and you look at their backgrounds and then it's sort of.
Speaker 3: On you if something goes wrong.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, the neurotic one on this podcast.
Speaker 1: So I have to ask the question.
Speaker 2: Anna, And that's such a common question, right, we all have that question. So at its core, Air Tasker is a community platform, so anyone can sign up to be a customer. Anyone can sign up to be a tasker. That being said, there are checks and balances in place. Taskers that can sign up and be ID verified and then they are in an ID verification badge, so you know that the tasker that's coming to your home or even if you are, they're doing something an admin task even.
Speaker 4: Virtually that they are who they say they are.
Speaker 2: Then there's background checks, so they can also opt in for background checks and they earn a background check badge. Some people only want someone with a background check.
Speaker 3: I get that.
Speaker 2: Some people are like, I don't care that the person who's I'm going to pick up my in and out burger for me has a background.
Speaker 3: Check, Like, oh, I would care about that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, some people don't. Just kidding, you know, Like.
Speaker 2: That's just you know, So it's set up in a way that is like you pick the task that has the qualifications and the standards that you want for you, and when it comes to something goes wrong, typically like and this is just what we see on the platform. Typically it's you know, customers and taskers. If something didn't work out, it's handled between the customer and the tasker. If it's not we have a fantastic customer support team and we also have insurance, so if there's something that really falls on.
Speaker 4: Air tasker, then we cover that.
Speaker 2: If it's something that you know, we work really closely in those instances with our customers and our taskers to make sure there's a fair resolution. So nobody's just left to the wind to figure it out themselves.
Speaker 1: Got it and is there like a membership fee or how does that work.
Speaker 2: That's a great question too, because in about I think it's six weeks Erica, correct me if I'm wrong. We are rolling out a membership a membership be program, So more details to come that one, since we haven't that's not you know, not user facing yet, but that is something that we do see that they're especially for our repeat customers who just it all the time. Makes it more affordable for them and just yeah, they're really excited.
Speaker 1: So so but like for now, if if Tory were to go, or if I were to go and you know, identify somebody to come and whatever helping clean out my garage.
Speaker 4: Is the fee built built in? Great question, Yeah, I'm just curious how that works.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So the way it works is there's no fee on the customer side. The fee is taken on the tasker side. So taskers, as they earn more, they go up in different tiers and they have to keep certain ratings, they have to keep a certain standard of ratings, so there's like bronze, bronze, silver, gold, platinum, and they get reduced fees each time because we're bringing the taskers work. So obviously air Tasker is a business. We have to make money in some capacity, so we take out a small fee from our from the tasker side, and they're they're very well aware of that, got it.
Speaker 5: It's also a great incentive to keep like doing a great job and moving up.
Speaker 4: And exactly exactly.
Speaker 3: Like could someone come walk my.
Speaker 2: Dog, anything, anything, as long as it's legal, right, Like, let's just preface it that way too, Like we don't want to say, like, go do.
Speaker 4: Anything and then we start getting understood.
Speaker 3: That's a whole other type of business. Wow.
Speaker 5: I just like, I'm never at a loss for rewards. There's so many different ideas I have, I think, for at least for like, I'm a really outside the box. Yeah, but it's interesting I came into this not thinking outside the box. I'm like just literally like air tasker, I need this cleaned, I need this moved, I need hands to help me physically.
Speaker 3: And now you've got my mind reeling.
Speaker 5: I'm like, oh my god, this opens up a whole new world for me and everyone out there.
Speaker 2: Well, that's kind of what happens, right, Like we even see with our customers. Most of the people who come onto the platform for the first time are coming for something related to their home, whether they need something repaired, assembled, gardening, you know, like light installation, an electrician, plumber, like the things you think of, like organization, getting stuff moving is a big one, like all the things you think of when you think of home categories. And then a lot of them stay and they're like, wait, I can do this on Air Tasker, right, because like when you say anything, the biggest question we get like just like you can't. We start getting a list of questions of like but can I do this? Can I do this too? Because anything such like a big.
Speaker 3: Word, right, it means something different to everyone.
Speaker 2: So like they stay on the platform and they start getting all these other random tasks and they're like, oh, I'm hosting, you know, hosting a backyard party for my friends.
Speaker 4: I need a bartender and get that on your.
Speaker 2: Tasker, especially like you know in LA, where it's like everyone's like a side hustle.
Speaker 4: Everyone has a job, right.
Speaker 2: Or it's just like a professional bartender who's like I have some extra time, I want to make some extra cash.
Speaker 3: Right, could I get an air tasker husband?
Speaker 4: We could?
Speaker 3: We could?
Speaker 2: We Yeah, no sex involved, so you can just help your tast description.
Speaker 3: Just someone to listen to me and fix the light bulbs. That's all. That's all I want. I'm not asking for much.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, post the task. I'm sure you'll get a lot of offers.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, imagine if someone did post like I'm going to an event and I just need a companion to like be my date.
Speaker 4: We have had that.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, a lot for corporate parties too. I've seen this with corporate parties. It's specifically people want I'm like, I guess they care a lot what like their bosses think and what their colleagues, how their colleagues precede them, because a lot of them are like, I just need somebody to come to this party with me.
Speaker 4: It is it's it's all these things.
Speaker 2: And it just took a glimpse into like the workings of the world and like what we need help with that we don't even think about.
Speaker 3: Oh my od, my mind is reeling right now.
Speaker 5: Wow, this is great. Okay, so I'm going to do I sign up, sign up.
Speaker 4: It's free to sign up.
Speaker 3: I just go on, just go on. I love the app, like with you on right now, I could just start Yeah, yeah, we virtually.
Speaker 5: Hold my hand, virtually hold that That's what I need my air Tasker to do, yeah, like hold my hand throughout the day to get stuff.
Speaker 4: We can be your taskers right now.
Speaker 5: This is so I'm sorry, I won't waste your hand going on right now, but I'm really excited to sign up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's super easy, and we're excited for you, and like we want to know, like you know, we want to be able to support you and help you and the best way that like air tasker can.
Speaker 5: For sure, O, can I talk to you after I've completed my tasks, my initial tasks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course, and be like this worked out so amazing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, I think we definitely if you want to dive a little bit more into what's neat at home, because we've been brainstorming on our end in regards to the different types of things that we can help out with, obviously the organizing, the cleaning.
Speaker 3: And kind of the separation.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 6: I think you mentioned this on the other podcasts in regards to with Like with Like was what Dorothy was talking about, right, So identifying those piles, right, and then having someone that can pick up donations and drop them off at a donation center, right you right, somebody that can come in if you just have stuff that's like old equipment or whatever it might be that isn't functional, can't be prepared, and you just need junk removal, you know, and you just want to have that.
Speaker 3: I don't know what they go to, but I have them. There could be also items.
Speaker 6: It's funny we see this a lot with reselling, right. Everyone's into these resale sites where you have multiples of something. I'm sure from gifting and sampling and all the things that you get where yes, you might.
Speaker 4: Want to give that to a friend or give that to a.
Speaker 6: Family member, but you might have so many multiples of something where you're like, I just want to sell this off, right. So a lot of people do that too during this process, and so you know, we were just kind of thinking through those things. But also if you have a lot of stuff, maybe the walls have a little bit of scuff on them and stuff like that, you need repainting, you know, touch ups, or there's little repairs around the home, or even outside we just had terrible rains, you know, there could be things outside to take care of. Cleaning of gutters is when we get a lot too.
Speaker 5: I'm an idea person, so sometimes when you present something to me, I'm kind of like frozen. But then once we start talking about stuff, I'll be like, oh, in this and the you know, and things ideas just get rolling, which is good and bad.
Speaker 3: But that would be great. Yeah, so would it.
Speaker 5: So it's not necessarily like one person. I'll probably need different task people initially exactly.
Speaker 6: It's like identifying the different needs and the tasks that have those skills and then really phasing it out in a way that works for you too. Write as you're busy, you have a lot going on with your schedule, and the idea is carving out that time.
Speaker 3: And so time's a hard one.
Speaker 6: It's time, and that's the whole beauty of air taskers. It gives you back time for the things that you want to do right and that's really it's And whether that's Stephen, you know, driving with your kid in the car, drop them off at a soccer practice, and just having that time sitting and talking you know, in the car, you know, versus having to tackle something else. Someone can take care of that while you're doing things, because we can't be in two places at one time, right, and there's only so.
Speaker 3: Many I cry really hard, I know it right.
Speaker 6: Can't clone yourself at least not now. So at this point.
Speaker 3: You'll have the ultimate solution.
Speaker 6: But yeah, yeah, an extra set of hands. So yeah, different taskers, different skills, depending on whatever you need done.
Speaker 5: And how long would you say, Like, let's say you post a task, does it typically take for a tasker to respond?
Speaker 6: You'll start seeing responses pretty quickly, Adriana can.
Speaker 4: Speak to it.
Speaker 2: You'll start seeing responses in minutes, right, like, no, it's amazing and look like the quirky or the task if it's something so out of the box, like I don't know. For instance, somebody posted the other day like they're looking for a mime for a party. Like that's really specific, I know, right mine.
Speaker 1: But that's I know, I have no words for that.
Speaker 2: I know, I know, I know. It's one of the ones that like has like stuck with me too. Then, like I need to know this person.
Speaker 4: But that is a party I don't need to.
Speaker 2: Go to exactly exactly exactly I don't I don't need to be there either. But like a task like that, like you start getting you know, offers might take a little longer than a few minutes, only because it's like so specific, So unique. How many mimes are there in general, you know, but they do get offers.
Speaker 4: So anything with like the.
Speaker 2: Home like general admin work, like basic help like those you'll get in minutes.
Speaker 5: So let's say I'm like, I need to have some boxes broken down or removed from packaging and stuff that feasibly I could have happened the same day.
Speaker 3: Possibsolutely absolutely. Oh this is great. Oh my gosh, you just became the solution to my life.
Speaker 4: Me too.
Speaker 5: Wow, Okay, can I if I go on, can I see what other people are posting?
Speaker 4: You can?
Speaker 3: So I'm like, oh my god, I wouldn't have thought of that.
Speaker 2: Oh I need that too, And that's exactly why we did it that way. It inspires other people to think outside of the box and see what they can get done. So the feed is private, right, so it's like someone will just know, like your first name, last initial, like that's it.
Speaker 4: Like they don't know.
Speaker 2: You don't have to put up a picture, you don't have to do anything, so it's all private, but they'll see you can see the list of no project shaming, no project shame.
Speaker 3: There you go. Yeah.
Speaker 2: In air Tasker, we're just like about access, no judgment, we see everything and yeah, like you can see what other people are posting, like and you can range it. You can see all of the US or you can put it in like twenty miles within my home and it will show you those tasks. So yeah, you can get inspired by what other people are getting done.
Speaker 3: Air Tasker was originally in Australia.
Speaker 2: Yes, it launched in Australia about twelve years ago. Yeah, publicly traded company there and expanded into the UK about eight years ago, and then lopped in the US three years ago.
Speaker 3: Amazing.
Speaker 5: Well, thank you guys. I'm super excited to start this process. Yeah, honestly, it's like want to start asap, like I we're here for it.
Speaker 3: It's interesting.
Speaker 5: It's like I have a lot of stuff, but I just need the help starting the process. What to do first, because that's a tricky one, like oh my gosh, it's overwhelming. And then just to dive in.
Speaker 3: So here we go.
Speaker 4: It's going to feel great.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like just getting it off the plate and seeing those like that to do lists start to get less and less because usually you knock one thing off and two more things jump.
Speaker 3: On always daily.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and this way it just really gives you. It gives you back that time, both the mental space as well as the physical space. So you know, we're excited for you, you know, if you really want to be of help here and give you back that that feeling of good on top of things and all all the stuff that comes with it.
Speaker 5: I thank you, my family, thanks you. I'm looking around my home well, thank you, well, thank.
Speaker 3: You, thank you. So excited for your tasker. Thank you. By