Speaker 1: Episode three ninety two of Bucco Banter.
Speaker 2: Oh, we're gonna talk about the weekend series versus the Cubs, the Wolf Game, oh against the Diamondbacks. Very important series this week. Thank you for tuning in, Scott, cue the music.
Speaker 3: I fe one on one to see a couple of them in my taste with he and my lemonade, because I let the way taste beth Seas as the Pirates and he let me run the base. Yeah, my time is like my money because I can't.
Speaker 4: Afford to waste.
Speaker 3: Oh why see is alloyans in my date to my dates or to stick by the plate syndic case have the case from my race at my pace cleared brands that snake.
Speaker 5: Welcome back to another episode of Bucco Banter and fellas.
Speaker 4: We are on.
Speaker 5: The precipice, the eve of probably the most pivotal game of the Pirates season, and ironically it's the Wolf Game.
Speaker 1: It's the Wolf Game. Let's go. I'll tell you what.
Speaker 2: Let's give ourselves a pat on the back here because the timing of the Wolf Game was impeccable.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we really did it.
Speaker 1: We did it.
Speaker 2: We pointed our fingers at a calendar at the beginning of the year, and we said July twenty seventh, this Monday, it has to be the Wolf game. It has to be Diamondbacks first Pirates on a Monday in July. Little do we know it's gonna be the most important game of the season. It really is, Scott. They didn't play well this weekend. They salvaged a series. The offense is going a little bit all right, but you have a wild card contender coming into your territory.
Speaker 5: There are one game above us at them, one game like this series means so much in all seriousness, it means so much. And I for one, and we'll get into it. I like the pitching matchups for the most part. I think they have a big opportunity here to have a good week to salvage this homestand.
Speaker 2: Yeah they do. It didn't get off to a good start. I mean, like, let's address it real quick. Show to Imanaga has a point what two four era against point? Now, yeah, the only Pirate to have an earned run off of Show to Imanaga is Tommy Fam.
Speaker 1: A home run from Tommy Fam. That's it. That's it. It's crazy.
Speaker 5: They didn't have an extra base hit Friday or Saturday. And this is an offense that has produced extra base hits pretty easily this year, at a higher clipton most teams. So that's saying something. I thought maybe they could jump out on Matt Boyd. But the soft tossing lefty strikes again in Pittsburgh.
Speaker 1: It really did.
Speaker 2: And what we deemed to be the most important homestand some time got off to a rough start again.
Speaker 1: You won Game three. You're still above water.
Speaker 2: You're able to go in to this week on a positive note. The offense is going a little bit more. Brandon Lao seems to have snapped out of it today. All did all took was to change his walk ups sound yeah to a little h lol, Wayne remix there so a Millie and he got going all right. Ryan O'Hearn gets off the schneid, hits a grand slam on his birthday, as Marilyn Valdez was having good at baths, wasn't going deep. Hits a home run Sean Ross.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about Sean Ross.
Speaker 5: I was just gonna get to that plus rob power, plus rop power. I mean, this is this the guy that has hit home runs at very easily throughout the miner It's an awesome story there.
Speaker 4: Signed out of indie.
Speaker 5: Ball from Puerto Rico, played Juco in Texas and made it all the way up to the bigs and he got an opportunity and salvage did it.
Speaker 4: Shout out to Sean ross Man. That's a tremendous story.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: With the Pirates having the catching situation they have now, Andy will be getting evaluated in Pittsburgh this week and then the decision will be made. Henry Davis obviously has had his struggles throughout the year. Rafael Floor is headed to the i L. So it's next man up mentality, and he got the start on Sunday and he took advantage of it. He was a big piece and then winning this game, squad a really big piece. Braxton took the mound. It's a better start than it was in New York. It wasn't real quick.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because something I want to talk about was Braxton. Are we at all concerned about Braxton Ashraft? Because I have, for one, I'm a big believer in Braxton. I know the last few starts have been four to five earned runs. You know, that could be a sign of fatigue. He's thrown more than he ever has, But are we are we concerned at all about him? Like, is there what is the panic meter at for Braxton ashraft On?
Speaker 2: A skilled to once to ten, I'd probably tend being let's move him to the bullpen right now.
Speaker 5: I'm not like a two, I would say, yeah, I would say I would say probably four, but like three, three maybe I think four might even.
Speaker 1: Be stretching in the right there.
Speaker 4: Three Yeah, yeah, there we go.
Speaker 5: But uh, I would be open to pulling in a Foster Griffin from the Washington Nationals in a trade if it included a believer or to I don't know what relief were Week one from the Nationals, but like, he's a guy that I think could pitch in long relief and could also spot starter stretch out that rotation to a six man rotation if you were able to reprove the bullpen and give some guys some rest, Like, I think he could be super valuable also give a different look from the left side. So yeah, I'm not too concerned. You know, I think he's gonna have everyone.
Speaker 4: It's a long season.
Speaker 5: It's one hundred and sixty two games, and guys are not going to look pitcher perfect every single game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're gonna want to start controlling his innings.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't be surprised if you get a start here where it's number of pitches or innings, whatever comes first. And I think it happened to Jared Jones in year one against the Mets, where he went five innings fifty pitches and then he got pulled and the excuse for us, Hey, we're controlling his innings. He's a young pitcher, he hasn't thrown this much. I could see this is the same happening for Braxton coming soon. But if you do make a move to extend that rotation to give a little bit more help on the back end, I'm a little bit less concerned.
Speaker 1: Jay has some breaking news here.
Speaker 2: He said, it's not exciting, but it is actual news and by the time you hear this, it will be old news.
Speaker 1: But Jay, what do we hear right now?
Speaker 6: The White Sox have acquired jose Yorkati. Not sure what the return is, but they just traded for him.
Speaker 1: So okay.
Speaker 5: I'm actually shocked because out of all the guys that they had to dfa to make room for Sean Ross, I thought that he would have had the less likelihood to be acquired. But to be honest with you, he's pitched the most of this year that he had than he has in the past two years.
Speaker 4: He's gotten better as the year's gone on, So good for him.
Speaker 6: Good for him for sure.
Speaker 1: Maybe it was a move that they knew they were gonna be able to make a trade for. I don't know. I don't know, but Scott.
Speaker 2: The offense was quiet since the last game in New York, all the way up until Game three, and we talked about it a little bit in terms of what we saw from guys like O'Hearn and Law and just the struggle that they've been going through up until today at least, And I think it was just more of a product of the situations that they were putting themselves in the lineup, a little bit of fatigue, But there was really nothing with the swing that I was worried about, and I.
Speaker 1: Think that showed today.
Speaker 2: They were able to get arrowed the ball, do some damage and good counts and strike early on and that's just gonna help this.
Speaker 1: I mean, when they go we go right, there's very little.
Speaker 2: I mean, like obviously as Maryland hitting home and slugging helps, but when you have guys like that at the top of your lineup that aren't doing anything, it's a lot harder for the rest of the group to tag along.
Speaker 1: So very excited for that.
Speaker 2: I'm hoping that that carries over and they've gotten over that slump. We got Felix Dori Tero back right handed pitcher back to the Pirates. For Katie, I have no information on him whatsoever, So Jay, if you do, feel free to hop in.
Speaker 1: But I'm happy that the Cubs are out of town. Scott.
Speaker 4: I'm looking up his numbers right now. Looks like he's on the complex.
Speaker 6: Twenty one year old in the Complex League has a four point five r and eighteen innings with twenty four strikeouts. So I think for Jose or Katie, you're definitely happy to walk away with that that return.
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean we don't have to spend really any more time on that six.
Speaker 4: There.
Speaker 1: You go, all right, that's fine, that's fine.
Speaker 4: People are going to freak out.
Speaker 2: People will freak out because he's had a couple of good starts, but.
Speaker 1: You know, it is what it is there, Scott.
Speaker 2: I'm excited just to get to the Diamondback series because I you know you can go back to the Brave Bean Live show. I went on a rant a little bit this morning about obviously the bullpen still having the issues and us talking about trying to steady the ship until August third. We're getting closer and closer now. The games are getting more meaningful. Every day matters. You got to find a way to close out these ballgames and then give a little bit of relief quite literally, relief to these starting pitchers and to keep you into ballgames and guys like Brandon Eisert. It's not cutting it. Isaac Mattson really struggled the other day. Ron Marenaccio didn't play well in his first game back. We talked to Ron on Saturday. That episode will be out on Wednesday about some of the characteristics about what the Pirates believed in him and what they've talked to him about in his first couple of days with the team. But you know, just not the best start to his Pirates career. And it's kind of just been the same with the entire bullpen. Right There's been some guys that have been better as the year has gone on, Mason Montgomery being one of them. He's really come into his own a little bit of issues still with Walks, but he's.
Speaker 5: Always going to be susceptible to that long ball too. I mean today he gave up one to give it make it a one run game. But I thought like he was in contention for Pitcher of the Week this week because he was the only reliever that was really contributing at all throughout the week and he made an impact there. So you know, he's a guy that I think is still young. He debuted last year and this is he's someone that I think could be a future high leverage guy that you could rely on.
Speaker 1: Jay, come on in here, you guts something to say.
Speaker 6: I feel like I just wanted touch on this really quickly with the fan base lately. There's been so much quit lately, I feel like that I've seen and I wanted to mention this really quickly because it's been driving me off the wall. This team, like you said Scott earlier in this episode, is one game out of a way out card spot right now, and it seems like with every tough loss this team goes through, people just want to sell and be done. Like I've seen so much white flag waving from people that were so tired of losing through those bad those bad teams, and I just wanted to put out a call to action, like where where did the belief in this team go? Because although the offense has struggled within the last like series or two, this is still like arguably the top three offense in the sport, and they're going to get guys back after the after the trade deadline, not not even mentioning whoever they might add to the bullpen as well. I just feel like I've seen a lot of quit in the fan base lately. I just wanted to remind people that this is such a good team that if you're going to buy into a Pirates team, buy into this one. There's no reason to be calling for a sale right now at all.
Speaker 5: No, they definitely should not sell, and I think it would cost a lot of people their jobs if they sold. Something I was going to touch on today I couldn't make it to the live was for someone that has failed. So you don't see too many people do so poorly at their job and keep their job for seven plus years. So I feel like there is definitely some sense of urgency here. Even at the five hundred mark, you've got to go for it.
Speaker 4: You just have to.
Speaker 5: So that's where we're at right now, Guys, I don't think selling is remotely an option, and the pirates are going to make every effort to buy. Now that could from what we want versus what they actually do, could be wildly different, right, but there is going to be there. They are going to go into this deadline with the buyer's mindset.
Speaker 2: I touched on this this morning. Look at it this way. For ten years, you really haven't had any meaningful baseball to watch, even close to the All Star break. Right, It's all been doom and gloom pretty much all of it. Every move, every season, every game up until this point has not been meaningful. And Scott, every year we talk about it. All we ask for after the All Star break is to show up to the ballpark and have a meaningful baseball game, something that matters that you're hanging on for every single inning because it means something.
Speaker 1: And you have that right now.
Speaker 2: So don't quit. I love what you said, Jay, don't quit on this team. I know it's frustrating. I know that baseball is reactionary and after one game getting beat up, it's sell the farm. This team doesn't have it people want to fire everybody. It's baseball. Guess what, You're gonna have another couple of games like that. Now, you can't keep saying that, like, hey, that's baseball, that's baseball, it's baseball. Obviously something has to change, this team has to go on a streak. But why not just be bought in right now. I'm not trying to be an apologist, but you're watching games that mean something, right, so as a fan, just enjoy enjoy it right now. Be critical, that's fine, yeah, but don't be irrational.
Speaker 5: Just know that you're watching meaningful baseball games. Like, not every game is going to go your way. And recently we've had we had a bad weekend. We were able to cap it off on a positive note. But like, just know that you're watching games that mean something. You're not watching a team that is already out of it, which was what we're used to over the past decade. Right at this point of the season, so yeah, let's let's you know, be critical when necessary, but also know that you're watching meaningful baseball and and that's important. And hopefully we can say that in September two because I think that we have a big opportunity with this offense here to to really make a name for ourselves here in Pittsburgh, and you know, push the Cubs, push the Diamondbacks and and be in contention when it's all said and done.
Speaker 2: And I'm not telling you to just be hey, they lost, lucky, we're in it type deal, just happy to be here situation.
Speaker 1: This team should be here.
Speaker 2: They're too talented not to be You should be angry when they lose games because it's meaningful, right, but the whole season's over, pack it up type deal.
Speaker 1: The stick is old, it really is.
Speaker 2: And I think it's lazy just to lose a game and say, hey, the season's over. Okay, it's not. Crazier things have happened. Look at what the Red Sox have done. And I'm not saying that the Pirates are.
Speaker 1: Capable of that.
Speaker 2: They haven't proved to us yet that they can go on a streak. But crazier things have happened. And again, this team is too talented not to be in the situation, or to be at this time of the year and not try and win ball games like they have the roster to do it. You got to make the moves. You should be pushing the team to make these moves, but don't be a lazy fan and just call it a day when a couple of games don't go your way.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, I agree one hundred percent with that said, Like, you're allowed to and you're allowed to feel however you want to feel, but you're allowed to be very angry because as I am that this team has yet to address a very glaringly obvious.
Speaker 4: Issue, which is the bullpen.
Speaker 5: They've left games on the board week in and week out, which feels like one or more every week. Like this team could be ten games over five hundred at this point, Like they really could be even more. And I know that sounds crazy, but they definitely could be. So the unwillingness and the inability to change that, Like be upset with that. I am Adam is Jay, everyone is like you should be. But they're still with all that happening, there's still in contention, and all we can do is hope that they make those necessary changes and continue to contend here in these meaningful games.
Speaker 2: It was one home run shirt short, one as Marilynd Baldez home run short of getting a wand tattoo you.
Speaker 1: Want to talk about being bought in, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 2: I'm putting my body on the line out here, all right, Permanent, I'm willing to get a magic wand tattoo for this team.
Speaker 1: What are you willing to do? Now?
Speaker 2: He didn't hit the home run, he didn't hit a second one. So you know, I did look to Scott after the first one. I said, oh, buddy, here we go coming down to the wire here. But this team has shown that they can fight back, that they can go through a little bit of a rough stretch and then get the bats going again. They don't have quit in them by any means that there's still a lot of questions that need to be had. Scott, did you see anything else's series they really stood out to you? Or maybe that you were slightly disappointed in coming back for the first home sand.
Speaker 5: No, just you know, I think some of the decision making that we've talked about already, right, Like, I think that's been the that has been the theme of the series. I think a lot of things could have potentially gone differently. Obviously, you can't help that the offense came out kind of cold, right, They've got to find an answer to soft, soft tossing lefties. They've gotta they've got to find an answer. They're not going to be much of a contender if they don't. And they've got their next test this Wednesday.
Speaker 4: We'll get into that. But that's an obvious issue.
Speaker 5: You go up there and face the Jamison tie on at righty like it's it's no problem, and they jump jump on them right right at the moment, right at right at the beginning of the game. But you gotta find an answer for the left handed pitchers. And I think that's that's something that continues to worry me, along with their bullpen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the same issues. It's the same issues every single time. We we sound like a broken record talking about it. But I think if I were to pinpoint one thing that I saw this series where I'm just like got them, I'm over, it is Marcelo Zuna. You know again, I'm kicking a dead horse.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: It's been said a billion times, but with a little bit more playing time, it's just like, ah, man, we're going through this again. The bats just have not been good, the approach has not been good. It's not worth it to see the one game where he goes one for three with a single and you're like, oh, maybe the swing's coming back. That's the one thing I think this organization needs to get away from is the hope in somebody after an extended period of time where you've let the leash go to the very end and then some That's the one thing I'm curious about what's going to happen in the next week. If he stays on this roster, they just cut their losses. If they cut their losses, I'd be impressed because this team would stretch it to the very end if possible. But really, I mean, with with some additional at bats, that's the only thing.
Speaker 1: I'm just like, Man, this lineup, it's a dead end right there.
Speaker 5: They could be a lot more flexible of a team without him. And you look at their record with him in the story line, but I think it's like twenty five and thirty nine or something crazy like that. He's out of the lineup today after being in the lineup Friday and Saturday, and look at the off how quick they got off to a jump start. I'm not saying he's the only reason, but like, he is a whole and we have to acknowledge that and hindsight twenty twenty. We like the signing at the at the forefront, right. We were all for it, but they could have hindsight. They could have used that twelve million to sign.
Speaker 4: Two or three believers.
Speaker 5: I think they have the opportunity to write ship. I don't think you can go through the end of the season with Marcelo Zon on this roster.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you're going to be a serious contender, right and you're looking for that flexibility. I think when Horowitz gets back, I'm fingers crossed that he's okay with getting hit in the head the other day because his rehab has gone well otherwise. But you're just allotted so many more options when Spencer Horowitz is there in terms of the DH right field and first base, between him, Valdez and Ryan O'Hearn, you're giving a ton more options right there. Ryan O'Hearn can get a lot of days off, right, Valdez can get some days just in the DH spot.
Speaker 1: Okay, even Horwitz can as well.
Speaker 2: So there's a trio there that is to be desired, but we just really haven't been able to see yet.
Speaker 1: So I'm excited for that.
Speaker 2: I'm excited when August eighth comes around if this team is still playing good baseball, what the status is with O'Neil Cruz. But we just really been robbed of seeing everything come to fruition this year.
Speaker 1: Scott.
Speaker 2: It's frustrating because we talk about the talent and it's just you can't get it all in the same room at the same time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, absolutely, it's frustrating. And hopefully that comes sooner rather later, because Andy's on the precipice of coming back, and god willing, Spencer Horwitz is not too far away, and then we'll see what's going on with O'Neil Cruz. But I think they can manage with Jake Makeham in centerfield. In the meantime, Adam, do you want to get into the preview for this upcoming series because this is a very very big series for Rates.
Speaker 1: I do, I really do. But before we do.
Speaker 2: I need to give a shout out to forty four Pro the glove company. I'll go out and say it probably the coolest custom gloves that you can make. We've seen them just as a product of being in the baseball world and being on the field.
Speaker 1: Some of these guys have some crazy looking gloves.
Speaker 2: I mean look at Jacob Mizerowski has about a billion of them, but they've really gone viral over the past couple of years and creating these wild concepts, and part of what Bucko Bander does, I think aligns with what forty four is doing in all seriousness, because what our goal was is enjoy baseball, make it fun. Right, it's a kid's game. You want to have fun with it, and forty four does exactly that with allowing players to show their personalities, just like how we try and do with our mini mic interviews, but through equipment and the Pokemon gloves, the baseball card gloves, the crazy designs, it's all there and guys don't even have to play with it, and it goes viral just by showing it on the field and being able to express themselves a little bit more other than just having a uniform. And that's why I'm proud to announce that we've partnered with forty four Pro Custom gloves, the biggest deal that I think we've struck yet in terms of the baseball world, and they have been absolutely awesome to us, and every player that has well worn forty four has echoed the same about the people over there. That we've been able to get to know over the past couple of months while we've been working on this.
Speaker 1: They're just great people.
Speaker 2: They love baseball, they love the personality of the game, and they do a great job providing these guys with not only great custom gloves, but really high quality gloves. Scott and I have had forty four gloves way before this even took place, which is the funny part about it. We play Men's League softball with forty four custom gloves. Scott has two Italian flags on his glove.
Speaker 5: To four man like was it was a no brainer from the get go, and look at us now we're working with forty four.
Speaker 2: Any other company would be like, absolutely not, We're not doing that.
Speaker 1: But forty three allowed you to express yourself. Yeah. Two they say, listen, do you want three? Do you want four?
Speaker 2: We can make the whole thing Italian, and they would and you can go. And the point I'm getting at this is not just for pros. This is not just for guys in the show or playing professional baseball. This is for all the baseball players out there, all the softball players out there. You could go to forty four Pro right now and customize a glove all the way down to the seams man, all the way down to the seams, to the stitching logos, everything and more. You just go to their website and guess what if you type in Buco twenty on the website, you're going twenty percent off a fully custom glove. Again, Buco twenty at forty four pro and you get twenty percent off your glove. So huge shout out to that new partnership of Bucko Banter, and we appreciate them for supporting us.
Speaker 1: And anytime you see a guy.
Speaker 2: With a forty four pro glove, just no Buco Banters right there with them along the way. All right, So Scott, that being said, let's get into the previews versus the Arizona Diamondbacks.
Speaker 4: Let's do it.
Speaker 5: The Diamondbacks enter this series fifty five and fifty one second in the NLS, one game up in the wild Card above us tomorrow the Wolf game. Bad day, bad day to be Meryl Kelly, I'll tell you that much.
Speaker 4: He's going up against Mitch Kelliber. He's also going.
Speaker 5: Up against the Wolves, a PNC part Meryl Kelly enters eight to eight with a five twelve ERA and eighteen games one hundred and three point two things pitched six five k's and a one four to eight whip.
Speaker 4: He'll throw a deep arsenal at you.
Speaker 5: He throws a four team change, cutter, a curve, slider, sinker, plus command command. Walks are usually not an issue. Velocity is a below average. If his command is off, his fastball can be hit hard, can be vulnerable to the left handed power. That's something that we don't lack. Mistake, change ups or cutters can leave the yard. Not a huge strikeout pitcher. He prefers we contact over chasing punch outs. The chase the change is the signature pitch here, guys.
Speaker 2: Tuesday, he got Bubba Chandlerver's right handed pitcher Brandon fat twenty twenty six five and one of the four four three e r A in eighteen games, sixty five innings, forty five k's with the one three to two whip. The arsenal is a four seam sinker, curve, sweeper, cutter, change. Excellent strike thrower, consistently attacks his own and rarely beats himself with walks. The fastball command is strong when he's locating at the top of the zone. Hitter struggle to square him up trending upward. Since his recall, he's delivered multiple quality starts. He is susceptible to the long balls, and he stays in the zone so often. The sweeper best swing and miss offering features significant horizontal movement and is particularly effective against right handed hitters. That is Tuesday's game. By the way, if you want all of these, you can go to bucko banter dot com, enter in your email, go to your email opt in. Very important that you do that, and then you will get all the pitching breakdowns and more. Scott closes off with Wednesday, probably the toughest matchup of the entire show.
Speaker 4: I kind of hinted at this earlier.
Speaker 5: We've struggled with Leeftenant pitching, and we've already struggled with this guy at Twardo. Rodriguez is going to face Jared Jones on May fifth against the Pirates. He went seven innings, two hits nowhere and three walks seven k's in a nine to zero Arizona win nine.
Speaker 4: To three with a two six four ERA.
Speaker 5: This year kind of reinvented himself one hundred and twenty two and two thirds innings pitch eighty six k's he throws a four scene change curve cutter sinker, excellent command when he's ahead, and account changes speeds effectively keeps hitters from squaring the ball up consistently.
Speaker 4: Fastball Velo is below average.
Speaker 5: If hitters force him into this so early in accounts of stuff is much more hittable to change.
Speaker 4: The best weapon throws to both lefties and righties. Guys. If there's a.
Speaker 5: Theme here, we're facing three starting pitchers that live in this z out. We're not gonna We're gonna see guys that aren't gonna walk. Many guys give up free passes. We're seeing a lot of fastball change up guys too, guys that don't have overpowering stuff. I think this is a big opportunity for the Pirates to go on and run and also stend this streak against lefties.
Speaker 2: Seriously huge series. Massive. It's time to show up. You showed up for uns or Palooza weekend. You had some good giveaways. I know the results weren't there, but you really want to show your fandom.
Speaker 1: Show up to panc Park this week. We got to have that place.
Speaker 2: Rocking Man again, meaningful baseball show that Pittsburgh is a baseball town because it is. I've seen the way that people show up and root for this team when things are going their way, and we really haven't seen it too much in our lifetime, but the small sample size that we do have, it's been electric and it is awesome to see that crowd in a full PNC park.
Speaker 1: So let's keep it going.
Speaker 2: Hey, we got our hitter and picture of the Week, brought to you by Smashed Waffle in Oakland. You go to Smash Waffles in Oakland, you mentioned the Bucko Banter home run of the Week, you get twenty percent off your entire order. You might remember those Bucko Banter waffles from the Bucko Banter tailgate that were all eating the entire thing, one hundred of them gone. That's because they are delicious, and all you have to do is go to Smashed Waffles in Oakland, mention the Bucko Banter home run of the week, and you get twenty percent off your entire order.
Speaker 1: I'll get it started with a hitter of the Week.
Speaker 2: It's none other than Nicky Knocks, Nicki Barrels, Nikki g Nick Gonzalez of the Gonzales Gonzales Law Firm. Nine for twenty six three forty six average, one bomb in three RBIs. He's just been mister consistent this year. Just barrel to ball all the time, great at bats. You see him talk about his swing on will Be, talked about it on bench banter. He's really just learned his mechanics very well and finally he's healthy and it's working to his advantages here.
Speaker 5: Scott, Yeah, absolutely gotta love what you're seeing from Nick Gazella is like top five and hits in the whole league I think right now one hundred and eighteen. So hopefully he keeps it going. He's been mister consistent. Let's go to picture of the week. This is a new one, Bubba Chandler, who started off the year kind of slow, right He's this is a guy that I could see breakout in the second half, and he did in this last start six and the third two hits, no earn. I think the big stat here is one walk five k's generate eleven whiffs. Bubba Chandler is our picture of the week. There was a lot of guys to pick from. Jared Jones, Mitch Keller, Wilbert Dutell's return was awesome, so that's a positive. But Bubba Chandler is the guy to take the cake this.
Speaker 1: Week, and it leaves me with one last thing to do.
Speaker 2: By the time you listen to this episode, it's either late on Sunday night or Monday on your way to work. You got your nine to five, you got it a day job that you're grinding through. And it's hard to show up in the summer when it matters most, but it's easier to do it when you got your pack behind you. And the Wolf Game is perfectly scheduled for that because the Monday, and it's a meaningful one. You gotta continue to win ball games. You gotta continue to stack wins, and going out there on the top of the rotunda with all of your friends and having a good time is what matters at the ballpark, and what you're doing matters because it's gonna help the Pirates beat the Diamondbacks on Monday, and then that's gonna propel into Tuesday, and then that's gonna carry over to Wednesday, and then you're gonna go to Cincinnati and you're gonna kick some masks there. The Wolf Game matters, ladies and gentlemen, all right, Jay, get in here real quick.
Speaker 1: Let me hear it. There we go.
Speaker 4: I didn't hear out of that guy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, love it dropping out WU in the comments here.
Speaker 1: Let us know.
Speaker 2: If you're gonna be at the Wolf game, we'll be at the top of the rotunda. We'll have some wolf stickers. Got a wolf flag coming around, We got some wolf tattoos. All right, it's gonna be a good time. We're letting loose tomorrow. Man, we're letting loose. I I know a lot of people that are coming to the Wolf game. Just have a good time.
Speaker 1: Man. Let's let's let's go ball out all right.
Speaker 2: Enjoy the buckos, play in baseball, Scott, unless you got anything else.
Speaker 1: Let's let's get out of here.
Speaker 4: Let's get out of here. Let's uh have a good week at the ballpark.
Speaker 5: Let's enjoy the wolf game, and let's hoist it.
Speaker 3: Be seats as the pirates can't he let me run the base. Yeah, my tame is like my money because I can't.
Speaker 4: Afford to waste.
Speaker 3: Oh why see is all my date to my dates? Or to stick by the plate sitting