Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of Good and Trendy, courtesy of Johnny Davis on The Discord. I am Jack and I'm thrilled to be joined by today's special guest trending co host. Hello, what's up? You're back. You're a year older.
Speaker 2: A year older, that's a year wiser.
Speaker 1: How are you feeling?
Speaker 3: You know? I learned the age old trick that when you get older, you cannot party as hard and as hard.
Speaker 2: To party as hard as I have since pre COVID.
Speaker 1: Them hangovers go harder.
Speaker 2: I am sick. I literally caught a cold. Yeah, partying too hard.
Speaker 1: So we've had an aged week, you and I You from the hangover, me from just waking up, and my back no longer worker. I've been recording standing up standy. I get to like rock back and forth on my feet. It's fun anyways, Baca, I don't know why I said it like accusatory like that. Back of the Supreme Court is trending. It's never good news. They're expected to rule today may have ruled by the time you hear this on whether to allow restrictions on mifilpristone, the abortion drug, to go into effect. This is based on a lawsuit brought by an anti abortion group, anti choice group targeting the pill and our boy. Justice Samuel Alito extended an administrative stay on a lower court ruling that reimposes pre twenty sixteen restrictions on the drug just I don't know. I don't know what it is about this story that gives me a bad feeling with this Supreme Court. What is it?
Speaker 3: It's I don't know, maybe the fact that we already overturn Roev Wade. It's just I think a further implication of what happened post Rovy Wade.
Speaker 2: I feel like, if you're.
Speaker 3: Not a woman and after the news kind of scurried over, you were like, okay, whatever, and maybe you if you aren't dating women, if you don't have you know, like female reproductive organs, you're not really keeping a breast to like how these things have changed since Roby Wynk got overturned last year.
Speaker 2: And it's rough.
Speaker 3: It's really sad, like abortion care is women's healthcare, and to make abortion pills illegal, which is like the bare minimum first step to even before the eight week mark that you can.
Speaker 2: Take is scary.
Speaker 3: And I do wonder if this will have implications on Plan B, you know, like, is.
Speaker 1: Plan be next. I'm sure that this article from The Guardian says it could mean the biggest blow to reproductive rights in the US since Roe v. Wade was overturned, which yeah, last year. So to bed bad time for American human rights. NFL gambling scandal is I'm sure it's all you can think about. How do you know this is? Uh? I guess a bunch of people on the Detroit Lions have been suspended. Two were suspended indefinitely for gambling on football games, and then a couple of players, including one that I guess people are familiar with, were suspended for six games for mobile betting on non NFL games from a team facility. I've been kind of assuming something like this would happen because the culture went from, you know, for all of the history of sports in the US being like gambling and sports need to stay separate, and there's this like sacred thing that can't be touched. Pete Rose was like one of the best baseball players of all time. I don't know why every time you guess host I end up talking about baseball. I don't even like baseball with Becca, but he was one of the best baseball players of all time, and then like he's been like excommunicated, like erased from the history of Major League Baseball because he gambled on baseball games in the in the eighties at a time when that was like the worst thing that you could do. Understandably, I would say. But then recently, because America has gone in the direction of like whatever rich people already rich people can make the most money off of will happen. It has turned into like the Biff is King of the World future from Back to the Future too, where gambling is legal everywhere, And like I was watching an NBA game and they had like a former NBA player gambling on NBA games, and it is just like, wow, we really came a long way. I don't really give that much of a shit. It's sports who cares. But it's still like I had a feeling that like somebody was going to violate some code of ethics and then they would go like really super hard on that person because they want to make an example of them. But if you're going, like if the whole sports like industry is being funded by gambling, I think they're going to make it to the players like aren't allowed to even like gamble, like do mobile betting on sports that like they have no influence over. Feels feels weird.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the part I didn't understand because it says here that, yeah, it was for mobile betting on non NFL games done from a team facility.
Speaker 2: So is it the fact that it was from a team facility?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Or are they just as as players in any you know, like' was the.
Speaker 2: What I'm looking for? Professional sport?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Are they not allowed to gamble on any professional sport, even if it's not their own professional sport?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know. It. Don't like to feel somewhat arbitrary feel at this point, especially when the owners are making billions of dollars off yeah none black. Yeah, But the people who risk their health, their long term ability to just lead a healthy life, those people are not allowed to gamble any money off of any of the shit? All right? And coke bear is trending. A Canadian woman was storing seventy two cans of pop in her truck. Are you a pop pop? Are you a pop person or a soda person? What is it in Texas?
Speaker 2: In Texas?
Speaker 3: I think it is generally soda, because I know that there's some places where they just say coke and they need any soda.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but a lot of the South is like that. Yeah.
Speaker 3: But I don't feel like Texas like that because my sweet darling best friend who is from Texas, who came and visited me for my birthday this past weekend, we are at a restaurant and she's like, can I get a doctor pepper? And I feel like the waiter literally like laughed at her, was like, what are you in fucking Texas? We don't serve doctor pepper here? Yeah, And she's like, I'll just get a coke. That's fine. So I do feel like in Texas specifically, doctor pepper is.
Speaker 2: Way more important than like coke or any other soda.
Speaker 3: So you would just say the soda you want, like a sprite soda, doctor pepper.
Speaker 1: But yeah, you call it orange soda, orange pop. Like the persistence of calling it pop in places that call it pop is really I just feel like this is this is one where we can just be like all right, Like I've like, you know, I lived in a bunch of different states growing up, and like I've lived in both soda and pop places, and I think the pop people should just be like, all right, we were wrong. Okay, it just sounds funny, like yeah, you want a can of pop anyways, and pop is like a type of music or a type of art. It's just weird. Soda is specific and what it is. But I don't know. It's fine if your team pop, let me know your reasoning, I guess or done, that would be fine as well. Anyways, So this Canadian person had seventy two cans of pop in her truck that she planned to break out an upcoming company soiree, and her plans for a soda filled shin dig so interchangeable, I guess is how we're using it soon fizzled out. The news post is just so horny for like puns and double entendres, and so they soon fizzled out. After a bear decided to sate his sugar craving, broke into her car and drank sixty nine cans of soda. Love that. So people are like, it's it's like cocaine Bear, but on sugar.
Speaker 2: The coke and cocaine bear.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, the coke bear. Apparently, the bear started with orange crush. Eventually the last thing he got was the diet pop in quotes according to the person who's soda it was. And so immediately I was like, how is the bear drinking this? Like I would imagine a bear would just try and eat the can and then it would like break apart in their mouth and then they'd spit out the metal. But apparently the bear was using his teeth to open the cans and then like drinking it. There's a part where they're like, you could hear the slurping, so it was actually like a chugging situation, chugging the sodas yeah, which is kind of gross probably, but also kind of impressive. Like I always thought that that was one of the least believable parts of the Coca Cola Polar Bear ads was that the polar bear didn't just bite the top off, but actually like popped the top and drank it like a human would. But apparently I'm wrong. I'm underestimating They're smarter than we think.
Speaker 2: They are just.
Speaker 1: More dainty when it comes to how they drink soda. They will just guzzle that shit. Anyways, a great story. Shout out to the New York Post that let's take a quick break, we'll be right back, and we're back, and Alec Baldwin's manslaughter charges were dropped. According to prosecutors. This is because new facts were revealed just this week. Apparently the gun was modified before being delivered to the low budget Western, which increased the odds that the gun might have misfired. And they're I guess assuming that it was not modified by Alec Baldwin.
Speaker 3: So I didn't know that was ever on the table. I thought the manslaughter was purely because he was one holding fire.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it would seem like this is putting more of the blame on the prop master. But yeah, the prop master is like, no, this actually clears me as well, So we'll we'll see. But there's some Republican polling that is saying that most Republican primary voters say fighting woke ideology in schools and businesses is more important to them than protecting Medicare and Social Security from cuts. According to Wall Street Journal Polly, We're seeing a lot of this pulling suggesting that like the right is really focused on culture worship. But then none of that bore out in how they voted in the midterms. So I'm just wondering if this is I don't know. We talked about this a little bit on Monday's episode two that like there are these pull in like ras musin and shit like that that have very slanted pulling results, and just pulling in general is slanted towards people who are willing to answer polls. Yeah, so in the long term, it's probably good for the Democratic Party if the Republicans think that the way to electoral success is more beer ads about how like woke everything has become. And because people actually don't seem to give enough of a shit about that stuff to vote to support, like candidates who their main thing is being anti trans.
Speaker 2: It sucks.
Speaker 1: It sucks. And then Havana syndrome just won't quit. They just included a bunch of shit in the Pentagon budget for investigating Havana syndrome symptoms, even though all of the evidence seems to suggest that I don't know, they've done reports that suggest that it was not caused by enemy weaponry. So it's an increase of two point one million over the previous fiscal year. I think this is more a story about how wild Pentagon budgets are and like how there's just so much shit hidden in there. That doesn't make.
Speaker 3: Sense, especially with the whole conversation we're having in general about like America's hitting its debt ceiling, right, yeah, where's the money going? Yes, the Pentagon to explore Havana syndrome.
Speaker 1: Yes, when they looked at the Pentagon's budget one time, there were like four billion dollars missing, and they were like, yeah, we don't really know what happened.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Like when you wonder where all these rich people, all these like billionaires who back right wing policies come from, They've been pumping just like billions and billions of dollars of military budd into private military contractors for decades now. It's been like the most consistent efficient way to get rich is just getting hooked up with some sort of military manufacturing contract. So it's bullshit, it seems like, and it seems like their internal reporting suggests that it's psychogenic in nature, and yet they.
Speaker 2: And yet we're putting more money.
Speaker 1: Increased the amount they're putting towards like investigating it by two point one million dollars. So maybe it's a situation where they're like keep looking like they come back, They're like, yeah, we looked, there's nothing there, and they're like, all right, here's ut six million dollars to keep looking. So we'll see if anything ever comes with this. I can already foresee the future where they eventually have spent enough money on reporting that they're like, we found it. It actually was Russia, and everyone's like.
Speaker 2: Oh no, they'll find a way. They'll find a way to make it about Russia.
Speaker 3: You know, with enough money and resources, you can make anything happen.
Speaker 1: Gotta spend money to make money. So you make Russia into a sci fi futuristic weapon having enemy, you're gonna be able to spend more money on other Defense Department budgetary things. Well, Becca Ramos, such a pleasure having you back on trends. Where can people find you? Follow you all that good stuff.
Speaker 3: You can find me and follow me app x B ECCS Ramos on all platforms.
Speaker 1: All right, that is going to do it for us this afternoon. We are back on Monday with a whole lass episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get the vaccan, don't do nothing about white supremacy. We will talk to y'all on Monday. Bye I E