Speaker 1: This podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Meet Eater Trivia, the only game show where conservation always wins. I'm your host, Spencer new Arth and today we're joined by Brent Randall, Seth, Max, Tresa, Corey Mett, and Christine. This is a ten round quiz show with questions from Meat Eater's four verticals which are hunting, fishing, conservation and cooking. And there is a prize. Meat Eater will donate five hundred dollars to the conservation organization of the winners choosing and for the start of the week. This week we're revisiting Randall's crossword puzzle scores from a few episodes ago. Randall got exactly three hundred and eighty points on each of the first four med Eater crossword puzzles. Well, this week was different, Randal. Do you want to tell folks what happened?
Speaker 3: Yeah, there is an accusation of some improprieties and so I volunteered or was volunteered to film myself.
Speaker 4: So let's get away to put it.
Speaker 3: So Matt was kind enough to step in and film me.
Speaker 2: And were you more were you more nervous going in?
Speaker 3: I wasn't nervous. I wasn't nervous. I don't really know how to explain it other than to say that I it ruined my day.
Speaker 1: Okay, he was not happy.
Speaker 3: It ruined my day. Rand's kind of having a rough patch lately, some devastating losses in trivia, including you know, my five point performance a few weeks ago. So trying to write the ship here and yesterday really didn't help.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: On crossword puzzle number five, Randall got a score of three hundred and forty six with a time of four minutes twenty one seconds. That's nearly two full minutes longer than his previous average. So this week might be your best chance to beat mister three eighty. Head over to the meadeater dot com slash games to play our crosswords for free spencer.
Speaker 5: Can you see everyone score?
Speaker 2: I can see. I think I can, but it's usually just a sign to like a random user name or email address, so I kind of I kind of have an idea about what.
Speaker 5: But you can see the scores?
Speaker 2: Yes, I can see the scores.
Speaker 5: Are they ever more than three eighty?
Speaker 4: Very rarely?
Speaker 2: I think of like tens of thousands of scores that I had looked at. Will be fair to Randall? Here for a minute. He was always at the top. I think he's put up like four of the top ten scores of all time. Yeah, and to be clear, three forty six. People would be thrilled with a three forty six. But he's no longer mister three eighty.
Speaker 5: It can never come back.
Speaker 6: I feel like someone beats Randall, they should get like a prize or something.
Speaker 2: Okay, I think you can do it, Maxwell, No, I can't beat them. I can't imagine the stress you feel Randall when you start one of these crossword puzzles. If you were to start sneezing or something, but throw the whole thing off.
Speaker 1: But I know you got like a pre game that you do before you start.
Speaker 3: I just make sure that the the balance of chemicals that I'm putting into my body is optimized. Take a little pre workout, caffeine. Yeah, but no, it's it. I do feel a lot of stress when I see the link. There's a mixture of terror and excitement. And this week all of my nightmares came true.
Speaker 2: So the medeater dot Com slash Games here's our Infrequently Asked Question segment. If you have a trivia related question for our crew, send it to Trivia at the medeater dot com with the subject line I FAQ. This one is actually an faqu. Since about thirty people have emailed about this, shouldn't the segment be called IAQ instead of I faq since infrequently is just one word. No, I mean the listeners who wrote in with that feedback are wrong, but using an acronym like that isn't uncommon, as noted by this twenty seventeen Norm McDonald joke play the clip Phil.
Speaker 7: I was in the airport guys were asked about everyone my IDA, and it occurred to me that I D is a strange abbreviation because I is short for I and then d's short for identification, so.
Speaker 1: Saves to me D is.
Speaker 7: Doing most of the.
Speaker 2: So it's still the I F a Q segment. If you have a trivia related question for us, use the subject line I f a Q and send your email to Trivia at the medeater dot com. Now for this week's housekeeping section, I want to tell you about two of the newest trivia products for this year. Can we get a drum roll Phil? Coming out later this fall? Meat Eater trivia expansion packs got them right here. We had two expansion packs available, a Hunting Expansion Pack and a Phishing Expansion Pack. If you're watching this on YouTube, you are the first people to get to see these expansion packs.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: These expansion packs have two hundred new questions to go along with the eight hundred questions from the original board game, and you don't even need the board game to enjoy these standalone cards. Throw this expansion pack in your glove box or backpack, and you've got hours of outdoor entertainment. Each pack will retail for just ten dollars, and like the board game, a portion of sales will go to conservation. That means your purgase helps fun things like land access and wildlife habitat. It's quite literally the only board game where conservation always wins. The med Eater Trivia Hunting Expansion Pack and Meat Eater Trivia Fishing Expansion Pack will be available soon. More details to come. Thank you, Max. We've got a regular old van White over here.
Speaker 4: I like what you did glue for fishing.
Speaker 2: That's right, every kid.
Speaker 3: Every kid grows up hoping that they could make a board game someday. Right of the few that reached that pinnacle of excellence. Yeah, how many of those are lucky enough to create an expansion pack.
Speaker 2: To the answer to that, we I'm tickled though that we have these two expansion packs available. They'll be on our website very soon and they're just ten dollars. Also, we have one more new trivia product that will come out this year. Out of everything we've made, it's the thing I'm most excited about. I'll explain what that is very soon. So you've got the two expansion packs and then one more thing, uh that will reveal at a later date. The Shelby Index for today is a four, so our winner should get eight correct answers, and with that we're onto the game of trivia.
Speaker 7: Play.
Speaker 2: The drop film is that he.
Speaker 7: Is just everything, just tend to win everything.
Speaker 2: Gamon suckers like an athlete.
Speaker 1: Over here.
Speaker 2: Max has now taken off his warm up. He pitched it behind him. He's down to a T shirt. So we can play trivia. All right, let's go Question one. The topic is conservation and this first great question is via kirk Port. This will be multiple choice.
Speaker 8: Sorry Spencer, really quick, I have the question right. I did not put the I forgot to replace the multiple choice answers, so you're gonna see some percentages. Do not regard those in any way.
Speaker 2: Okay, the percentages are from a different from Okay, you'll have to listen to me instead of the TV.
Speaker 5: Let's if I can live edit it.
Speaker 2: This Native American tribe has a national forest named after them that's in North Carolina and Tennessee. Is it Cherokee, Shawnee, Kickapoo or Comanche? This Native American tribe has a national forest named after them that's in North Carolina, Tennessee. Your four choices Cherokee, Shawnee, Kickapoo, Comanchee. Or if you're looking at Phil screen, your choices are twenty five percent. Phil has live edited Phil.
Speaker 3: Nice job.
Speaker 2: He gave himself the test.
Speaker 5: That's right, Just to impress all of you.
Speaker 3: It worked again.
Speaker 2: A Native American tribe that has a national forest named after them in North Carolina and Tennessee. Cherokee, Shawnee, Kickapoo, Comanchee. Is everybody ready?
Speaker 4: Ah?
Speaker 2: Sure, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have seth saying Cherokee, Christine Shawnee, Tresa Shawnee, Randall, Cherokee, Matt Shawnee, Corey Shawnee, Max Shawnee, Brent Cherokee. No one said Kickapoo or Commanchee. Correct answer is Cherokee. I think we had three players. I get that one right. The Cherokee National Forest is a diverse area that butts up against Great Smoky Mountains National Park. It's actually where the whitewater competition was held for the nineteen ninety six Olympic Games in Atlanta. The metal podium for whitewater sports that year was dominated by the Czech Republic, France and Germany. Question two, The topic is fishing. Actor Vigo Mortensen would often go fishing between scenes while on the set of these movies. The topic is fishing. If Corey, Matt and Randall, we've confidently come up with an answer already. Actor Vigo Mortensen would often go fishing between scenes while on the set of these movies.
Speaker 5: So there's like a series of movies.
Speaker 2: We're just gonna stick with the wording of the questions. Says while on the set of these movies.
Speaker 3: There's actually two different movies, two separate.
Speaker 2: I don't I don't know what Randall's attempting to do here.
Speaker 3: We're very strange. If it was like, uh, the movie, yeah, what's the one Russian prison.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if it was Russian prison and cars, Yeah, weird combination.
Speaker 1: What am I?
Speaker 3: What am I? Promises? Boy, I don't watch that one with your family.
Speaker 5: Bego.
Speaker 2: Mortensen would often go fishing between scenes while on the set of these movies.
Speaker 5: Did he start in the movie?
Speaker 2: Not going to give you any hints?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: Maybe the director Corey Randall and Matt they seem to know him. Maybe they want to help you out set.
Speaker 3: That first question.
Speaker 2: They don't.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to think of the one with Tom Hanks Phil sort of a gangster.
Speaker 2: Movie, Polar Express.
Speaker 3: Yeah, road to Tradition.
Speaker 5: I don't think Watson's in road to pradition?
Speaker 2: Is he?
Speaker 5: I believe there's Jude Law.
Speaker 3: Oh god, I'm getting everybody wrong. I'll shut up now.
Speaker 2: Everybody have an answer.
Speaker 3: Come on, I could have sworn it.
Speaker 1: John Movies.
Speaker 2: Is that how you pronounce his name? I thought it was I thought it was Vigo.
Speaker 3: But no, I just think sounds funny.
Speaker 4: It's your favorite movie of all time.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna tell you Maxwell.
Speaker 6: Sounds I was just I'm just curious, Like, I don't think it's the right answer.
Speaker 2: Is everybody ready? Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have seth saying grumpy and grumpyer old men. Christine who somebody might have cheated off each other also says grumpy old man. Tresa says Harry Potter, Random says Lord of the Rings. Matt and Corey say Lord of the Rings. Maxwell says top Gun, Brent says Fast and the Furious. Yes, the correct answer is Lord of the Rings. We had Randall, Matt and Corey get that right. Mortensen fell in love with New Zealand while filming Lord of the Rings because of the country's wild places. He once said in an interview that the fishing was so good that he wouldn't reveal the names of the rivers he fished to protect his secret spots. Here's a behind the scenes look at Mortensen running off set to go fly fishing during Lord of the Rings. Play the clip, Phil, are you on camera?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 2: Literally, ran off set.
Speaker 3: Waiting any second they're gonna say, I have to go back to work.
Speaker 4: That's amazing.
Speaker 3: Good for him.
Speaker 4: Five minute fish break.
Speaker 5: Where was that filmed?
Speaker 2: That was filmed in New Zealand. We are on to question three. The topic is hunting. This next great question is via Michael Stedniski. Name two of what the New Mexico Wildlife Federation refers to as the state Big three exotics. You need to write down two of them. We'll put one or three. You'll get it wrong. Name two of what the New Mexico Wildlife Federation refers to has the states Big three Exotics. M Seth and Randall appear confident. Rest of the room still working on their answer. Phil, do you love Lord of the Rings?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, how does it okay?
Speaker 5: How does it rank for what.
Speaker 2: It's like all your favorite movies of all time? Or like as far as things that have a lot of movies like Star Wars and Harry Potter.
Speaker 5: I just think the Lord of the Rings movie.
Speaker 8: I mean they blended high fantasy and just like big populist entertainment really will like it's kind of hard when you got big goofy elf names and a bunch of orcs running around to really feel the humanity and the characters.
Speaker 2: But have they captured you for the new Amazon series? Isn't that really?
Speaker 8: I have not watched a single frame of Rings of Power. I have no interest in it.
Speaker 2: Oh you just you just won't do it.
Speaker 8: I might get around to it I just I heard mixed things and and something about how sparkly and big budget it looks. And you know, I don't really care about any of the characters. And also you know it's it's not really Cannon and Tolkien's you.
Speaker 2: Know, very damning.
Speaker 5: I've got reasons.
Speaker 1: What do you got? Max?
Speaker 2: You got the right answer for this one? To Max is confident?
Speaker 4: Change your answer?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: I have three?
Speaker 2: Two New Mexican Wildlife three.
Speaker 3: And then Max shows he was bored.
Speaker 4: No, that did happen?
Speaker 5: That did happen?
Speaker 2: But name two of Mexico's big three exotics.
Speaker 4: You gotta give me one. Next time.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you.
Speaker 3: Brent. What did I say prior to the room filling up about Max?
Speaker 1: There?
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, yeah, registered cheater.
Speaker 2: Yeah again, it's everybody ready to look at footage from last time Phil actually cheated.
Speaker 8: I I did not review the footage. I'm sorry now I trusted you. Maxim on your side.
Speaker 2: Appreciate it. Christine, how we do it?
Speaker 4: Walk the dog?
Speaker 2: Just go ahead and reveal your answers. We have seth saying ibex from or X. Christine says peacock, Tresa says nil guy, and I'll see old Turkey Randall ORX, Ibex, Matt Ibex.
Speaker 4: What's that say?
Speaker 2: Odd Dad? Cordy says ibex and aw Dad he crossed out, ORX Max says ad Dad, ibecs Brent says ORX and fallow deer. The three exotics are ORX, ibex and barbary sheep or ad Dad sheep did pretty well on that.
Speaker 6: I'm pretty sure you said ORX when we were talking about New Zealand right before orcs ors.
Speaker 3: Ye, same thing, I got you, Phil.
Speaker 4: Thanks.
Speaker 2: Barbaria sheep were the first of the exotics to be introduced to New Mexico in the nineteen forties. Or X followed in nineteen sixty nine, and Ibex in nineteen seventy. Today, it's estimated New Mexico's ORX and aw Dad populations are in the thousands. Well ibex are in the hundreds. Question for the topic gear, Yeah, all right, said the last one was barbary sheep or a Dad. I didn't realize which a few of you had.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Question for the topic is gear. This company debuted their first boat motor sixty years after making their first piano. Oh, this company debuted their first boat moorder boat motor sixty years after making their first piano, Seth, do you know what I'm thinking of?
Speaker 1: You can, but you can't turn a piano.
Speaker 2: That that's exactly what they're doing.
Speaker 1: What do you think of Max?
Speaker 4: I don't want to say.
Speaker 2: We have Max and Seth and Randall, who all appear to be confident. Matt Corey, do you boys have this one right?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Brent do you have this one right?
Speaker 4: Can you play a piano? Brent?
Speaker 2: You look like you could play a piano.
Speaker 1: Yeah. You know.
Speaker 9: My dad was having heart surgery and before they weed him in there, he asked the doctor before they put him out, ask him if he'd be able to play the piano when they got through with the surgery.
Speaker 1: This is a true story. And doctor said, well, of course you will. He said, good, because I always wanted to. He wasn't scared.
Speaker 2: That's good. So can you play a piano?
Speaker 1: Bret?
Speaker 2: You can play one, just not not well, oh yeah, you don't want to listen to this company debuted their first boat motor sixty years after making their first piano. Is everybody ready go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Seth and Christine saying Yamaha, Tressis says Hancock Randall and Matt Say Yamaha. Corey says Mercury Max and Brent Say Yamaha. They got it. The correct answer is Yamaha. In the year nineteen hundred, Yamaha built the first ever piano to be made in Japan, which was a small bashing success. In nineteen sixty they released their first boat motor, which wasn't met with as much praise. Early reviews said you could tell it was created by an instrument company because it made so much noise. In addition to those two products, they also make motorcycles, drums, home appliances, computer parts, golf cars, pontoons, and more. Question five, So they got the motor thing though they're pretty good.
Speaker 3: Are there any other boat motor companies that made pianos?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't have the answer for I don't know my piano as well. I'm curious.
Speaker 4: I know one that makes lawnmar.
Speaker 2: Okayrs. Cambridge Dictionary defines this bun as quote a piece of dough cooked in steam and filled with meat or vegetables, originally from China. Cambridge Dictionary defines this bun as quote a piece of dough cooked in steam and filled with meat or vegetables originally from China. This this question five, we'll get a school board update from Fill the engineer after this. Phil, do you have any Yamaha gear in all of your audio equipment?
Speaker 5: None?
Speaker 8: But I have a Yamaha trombone. Oh, okay, Yamaha a legro. Played it all through high school. Yeah, and you still have a piece of equipment. Oh yeah, when's the last time you got it out?
Speaker 5: A couple months ago? Because my son started playing trombones?
Speaker 2: How'd that sound when you got it out?
Speaker 8: Was it like pretty bad for about a half hour, and then after that it was still pretty bad, but slightly better. It's just, you know, I lost all the muscle memory, Phil, is there call it an ambusher?
Speaker 3: Is there a slang term for playing the trumpet like tickling the ivories for piano? Would you call it?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 5: No, we can't say it on airlant.
Speaker 2: Again, we're on question five. The topic is cooking. Cambridge Dictionary defines this bun as a piece of dough hooked in steam and filled with meat or vegetables, originally from China. Is everybody ready go ahead and reveal your answers? We have seth saying dumpling. Christine says dumpling, Tressa says balbon, Randall says bow, Matt says balbon, Corey says hot pocket, Maxwell says perrogi, and Brent says dumpling. We have a correct answer in the room. It's baubon. I think we had Tressa, Randall, and Matt. Bao bons are typically filled with pork, beef, chicken, mushrooms, or vegetables. One Chinese fable tells of an army who needs to help who needs the help of a god to cross a large river. The deity wants the army to sacrifice soldiers, but the general refuses. Instead, he tries to trick the god by throwing bao buns in the river, which are meant to look like human head. The deity isn't fooled, but it does eat the buns and ends up loving them. So the god helps the army anyway and parts the waters for the men to cross. That's how good bow buns are. Phil, We're halfway through the game of trivia, give us a scoreboard update.
Speaker 3: I would be remiss right now. Fight at interject and say that Moshi food truck in Livingston has the best bow buns on this side of the Mississippi.
Speaker 2: You would be remissed if you didn't have that interruption.
Speaker 8: Everybody has a point on the board. Christine and Treesa have one, Brent, Corey and Max I'll have two points a piece. Seth Morris has three, Matt has four. And it's a perfect game. It's doing better than rand Doctor Randall.
Speaker 3: Nobody start filming.
Speaker 5: I got some bad news.
Speaker 2: Question six. The topic is public lands. What is Arkansas's only national park which is named after its geothermal features?
Speaker 1: M M.
Speaker 2: Looks like this will keep the perfect game going for Randall based on how he's writing his answer. What is Arkansas's only national park which is named after its geothermal features?
Speaker 3: How many times must a beloved out of town visitor play trivia before they no longer receive softballs?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what. I had this question created before I even knew Brent would be here today. Brent, do you have this one right?
Speaker 1: If I don't, I will not be able to go back home.
Speaker 2: Okay, have you have you ever been to this place?
Speaker 1: Many many minute times?
Speaker 2: Okay, there's a hint if you know Brent Reeves. Well, what is arkansas only National park which is named after its geothermal features. Here, Maxwell is stumped the or Arkansas.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's the lava.
Speaker 3: Do they make a lawnmower?
Speaker 2: What is Arkansas's only national park which is named after it's geothermal features? Randall, tell me more about these bow bonds off this field.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, they're delightful. Every week they have a different filling. They'll do goose and other kinds of sausage. Cal frequently comes over to Livingston just to eat bow buns. Wow, and the bun is perfectly. And then they also make a burger that uses a bow bun sliced in half as the as the bun for the bird.
Speaker 8: How is the how's the how's the dough to meat ratio? Because that's my biggest beef. With bow buns, it's usually just a big bread with like a tiny little it's.
Speaker 3: A hardy, golf ball sized. Okay, scoop of whatever filling is, but honestly breathtaking.
Speaker 4: You guys are making me hungry.
Speaker 2: It was disappointing we didn't have a bow bonds recipe on the website. We need to we need to get that change.
Speaker 3: Yeah, call Moshi. They have the best.
Speaker 2: Does everyone have an answer? Shout out march PISA's only national park. Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have seth saying Ozark. Christine says Hot Springs. Tresa says Geyser. Randall says Hot Springs.
Speaker 4: Matt says that.
Speaker 2: National park in Arkansas. Cory says Lava Cave. Maxwell says Hot Springs. Brent says Hot Springs. The correct answer is Hot Springs. That the room did very well.
Speaker 4: That was a total guest.
Speaker 2: Hot Springs National Park, which was referred to by tribes as Valley of the Vapors, produces one million gallons of heated water each day. Before it was a national park, it was a popular hangout for mobsters such as Al Capone and Frank Costello. They enjoyed soaking in the superior bathhouse, which was later converted into the first and only brewery in a national park. Brent, what do you do in Hot Springs National Park? Do you do you soak in the bathhouse there?
Speaker 9: So there's a lot of bathhouses down through there. We just go to if we're just like regular tours. When we get there, probably less than an hour hour and a half away from my home, and my wife and daughter liked to shop.
Speaker 1: And there's lots of.
Speaker 9: Good restaurant here, but there's some there's some public fountains when the hot water's coming out, and a lot of mineral water that you can just you can take.
Speaker 1: A jug down there and get it.
Speaker 2: You fill it up.
Speaker 1: But they're hot.
Speaker 2: They say sometimes you need to live like a tourist on your where you live. So, h yeah, I would going to Hot Springs is for you.
Speaker 9: I mean it's it's busy. It's a busy place down there. Lots of folks year round going down there.
Speaker 2: Question seven, the topic is woodsmanship.
Speaker 4: I'm not going to Bozeman Hot Springs.
Speaker 1: Tell you that.
Speaker 2: This masculine word is defined as quote a cord or string that is used to secure a tent or tarp to the ground. This is question seven. The topic is woodsmanship, and Randall is confident. Again this masculine word is defined as quote a cord or string that is used to secure a tent or tarp to the ground. Randall is the only one with an answer so far. Do you have an answer, Matt. Matt is also confident. We have Brent and Seth join in them. A cord or string that is used to secure a tent or tarp to the ground.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be using a lot of these.
Speaker 2: Okay, I just restrung my TV last night. Probably touched on Yeah.
Speaker 4: String.
Speaker 1: This close.
Speaker 2: This masculine word is defined as a quarter or string that is used to secure a tent or tarp to the ground.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: You know what something we should talk about is today's episode of Trivia came out. We had promised listeners that there would be a nine to one one call of a woman getting attacked by a chimp at the end of the episode, and that didn't happen. What it didn't make any.
Speaker 8: Completely forgot to tack it on to the end, and a spencer would like, I can tack it onto this episode two weeks later we will that.
Speaker 2: Oh, we will put it at the very end of the episode. And like last time, Phil said that it will come after I say goodbye and we hear Doug Duran's little song about Trivia will play after that. So you have plenty of time to shut off the podcast if you don't want to hear the phone call. It is very morbid and is a woman being attacked by a chimp.
Speaker 3: Doesn't that sound horrible?
Speaker 8: Christine the day changer, Yeah, don't listen to it unless you want to feel a certain way.
Speaker 2: Day change. I never heard that one.
Speaker 8: Well, we use it in a different contexts in college.
Speaker 2: Okay, that you're you're right, that's uh, this would be a day changer. And I got it approved by Steve Rannella himself to put it on the podcast. It will come at the very very end, she survives. Hr is asking the important questions, does everybody have an answer?
Speaker 3: And required to transport?
Speaker 2: Previously I had I said it was entertaining. That's that's the wrong way to describe it. Interesting. I wouldn't say it's entertaining. What disturbing? Exactly? It's everybody ready, Max, I think you're running out of time. Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have seth saying guide. Christine says man rope, Tresa says stud Randall says guyline, Matt says guyline, Corey says parachord. Max without an answer, Brent says guy wire. The correct answer is guyline, guy rope or guy Weier. Had about half of our players get that one right. The word guyline comes from the French word uh g u I E. I don't know how you pronounced that, Phil, What do you think it is?
Speaker 1: Guy?
Speaker 2: Gee okay, from the French word gee, which means to guide something. Guylines are often used by outdoorsmen on boats and tents, but are also used on wind turbines, skyscrapers, telephone poles, and radio towers. The ideal guideline not creates tension, but is also easily adjustable.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna.
Speaker 4: I always thought it was guideline for real.
Speaker 9: That's I thought it wrong, Like I pronounced most everybody wrong, my whole.
Speaker 3: I like the trucker's hitch.
Speaker 2: Easy for a guideline.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 2: Question eight. The topic is conservation. What does the Federal Agency b oh R stand for? The topic is conservation? What does the Federal Agency b oh.
Speaker 1: R stand for?
Speaker 2: Looks like Randall will keep the perfect game going through eight questions. He looks confident. I think, God, I think we need we need Matt and probably Seth to get this one right, to have anybody keep pace with Randal. Otherwise this maybe a runaway victory and we're just looking out for the one thousand dollars donation. At that point, I'm.
Speaker 4: Just trying to beat the Shelby index.
Speaker 1: True.
Speaker 2: Does everybody have an answer to what the federal agency b O R stands for?
Speaker 6: Hopefully you're not trying to pull faster on us.
Speaker 1: Knows it.
Speaker 2: I think i'd do that, Max. Maybe Christine, are you ready go ahead and reveal your answers. We have seth saying Bureau of Reclamation. Christine says, Bureau of Restoration. Tresa says Bureau of Restoration. Randall Bureau of Reclamation. Met Bureau of Reclamation, Corey with the same answer, Max with the same answer, couple of letters. Brandon says, Bureau Oceanic Research. The correct answer is Bureau of Reclamation. I think we had about half the room. Get that one right. The Bureau of Reclamation is a federal agency within the Department of the Interior. They oversee water resource management across much of the West. They bring water to thirty one million people, making them the country's largest wholesaler of water. Their reservoirs and canals are responsible for irrigating sixty percent of America's vegetables and twenty five percent of its fruit and nuts. Phil we have two questions left. Give us a scoreboard update.
Speaker 8: Uh, let's see here, Tresa, Christine, Max, Cory, Seth and Brant.
Speaker 5: Are all out of their running for the wind.
Speaker 4: How many points do we have?
Speaker 8: Well, you can look at the board up here. I guess I should say I was trying. I was trying to spare you. Max has two, Seth has four, Corey has three, Max and Brenda four. But we've got Matt with six and he can technically still catch up. Randa falls flat on his facer. Randall has eight points.
Speaker 5: Maybe just take a nap for a.
Speaker 2: Little bit, nine trumpeter. The topic is fishing. This is our listener question of the Week, which was won by Matt Collum for sending this great question. Matt is going to get a board game signed by the crew. If you want a chance to win the Listener Question of the Week, then send your question to Trivia at the medeater dot com. Name three of the five states that steelhead are native to according to the US Fish and Wildlife Service see Jesus Spitzer three of the five.
Speaker 7: Mm.
Speaker 2: Name three of the five states that steelhead are native to according to the US Fish and Wildlife Service. Randal, do you have this one?
Speaker 1: Right? I do?
Speaker 2: If you had to, could you name all five I could Okay, that is a confident player over there, I can name a couple.
Speaker 4: Uh hatchery, steelhead.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's a that's a clue, states brands. How do you feel about your answer?
Speaker 1: Not?
Speaker 2: Well, do do you think you're in the right part of the country. I think I'm confident in that three of the five states that steelhead are native to. And this is according to the US Fish and Wildlife Service.
Speaker 3: You should put down Canada, Randall a confusion.
Speaker 1: What's the state of confusion?
Speaker 3: Probes?
Speaker 2: Christine has asked Seth if steel had go to the ocean. The answer Randal is it? Excuse me? Max is trying to give a head motion to Christine. It's a helper, not a non or who's making a large circle. It looks like.
Speaker 3: Hawaii Big Island.
Speaker 4: I don't even know if I got right, to be honest.
Speaker 1: The wrong way.
Speaker 2: Is everybody ready?
Speaker 4: We can help her.
Speaker 5: She's gonna list.
Speaker 3: Then why are we doing this?
Speaker 2: Okay, I think she just said one.
Speaker 4: She gotation start from start crossing.
Speaker 2: Just need three of them.
Speaker 1: Answer.
Speaker 2: Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Seth saying Alaska, Oregon, Washington. He wrote down to in small print, which are not his answers, but says Idaho and California. Christine says California, Oregon, and Washington. She crossed out Michigan. Mainerea says Alaska, Washington. I don't Randall, Alaska, Washington, Organ, Matt Washington, Idaho, Organ, Corey Washington, Idaho, Oregon, Max Washington, Oregon, Alaska, Brent Washington, Idaho, Organ. I think everybody got it right. The correct answers are Alaska, California, Idaho, Oregon, and Washington. A one hundred percenter for the room. Steelhead are listed as threatened or in dangered across much of their native range. The Wild Steelhead Coalition sums up their greatest threats with the five hs. That's habitat, harvest, hatcheries, hydro power, and heat. Steelhead populations were already in decline by the year nineteen fifty and have gone down another fifty percent since then. Randall is our winner at this point, but we're gonna see if you can get the perfect game and double the double. The donation from Meat Eater from five hundre one thousand dollars is question ten. The topic is hunting, and this last great question is via Josh Youngt. The National Deer Association says this nine letter orange colored fruit is quote one of the most highly sought after soft mass species for deer. Randal is the slowest he's come up with an answer yet. The topic is hunting. The National Deer Association says this nine letter orange colored fruit is quote one of the most highly sought after soft masked species for deer. Do you have an answer down, Randall?
Speaker 7: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't, okay.
Speaker 2: Do you have some ideas? I can picture it, you can picture it, okay.
Speaker 3: But the words that are coming to mind do not have nine letters.
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 3: Spell it wrong?
Speaker 1: I usually do.
Speaker 2: It looks like oh wow, Okay. There's there's a couple confident players in the room, but we're not going to give Randall anymore hints about what it could be. Nine letter orange colored fruit that is one of the most highly sought after soft mass species for deer. Nine Max has a nine letter answer, Randall, how.
Speaker 3: Do you feel like your I feel pretty good.
Speaker 2: Put a percentage on it. What percentage is it that you have it?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: If we're going to go down, We're gonna go down in flames. So I'm going to say one n.
Speaker 2: Chance that he has it right, and if he does, meat Eater will double the donation to a conservation group.
Speaker 9: First trivia game I was ever on, Spencer says, how do you feel?
Speaker 1: How well you think you're gonna do it? Like? I'm fishing to win? You got to step up, Phil Clay and hit a home run. I got one right.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna do a little better today. Brenton, Seth, and Randall are all confident in their answer from the National Dear Association. They say this nine letter orange colored fruit is one of the most highly sought after soft mask species for deer.
Speaker 3: Phil isn't making eye contact with me anymore?
Speaker 2: Is everybody ready? Max Cory boys.
Speaker 4: Right now, right, make sure it's nine letters.
Speaker 2: Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Seth saying per Simmon, Christine says per Simmon, Tresa says Nectarine, Randall per Simon, Matt Tangerine, Corey, per Simmon, Max Tangerine, Brent per Simmon. We have a correct answer in the room.
Speaker 4: Smells like a thousand bucks. It's per.
Speaker 2: We are double.
Speaker 3: You have no idea how bad I needed that?
Speaker 2: Per Simmons are native too much of the eastern United States, but are now found across the country. They are a large, fleshy berry that tastes honey like when ripe. Mark Kenyon named them one of the five trees that every deer hunter should be able to identify. To learn what the other four are, go read his article on the medeater dot com called five trees every white tail hunter should know. That makes Randall our winner with ten correct answers, Randall, where is the one thousand dollars donation for meat Eater going to go?
Speaker 3: I'd like this donation to go to the National Forest Foundation.
Speaker 2: National Forest Foundation. I think they are a new recipient of a donation. What do you like about them?
Speaker 3: They're a nonprofit that works to connect people to their national forests and just you know, inspire engagement and interest in and advocacy on behalf of our national forest. They do tree plannings and all kinds of things like that. And one of our former colleagues works there, and he's just a heck of a guy. So this is in his honor.
Speaker 2: Dollars going their way from Randall and meat Eater. Here's one last game that Phil is going to play. This extremely graphic morbid disturbing uh clip after the music plays, this.
Speaker 4: Is your last year the podcast.
Speaker 2: I don't want to join us next time for more meat Eater Trivia the only game show where conservation always.
Speaker 10: Yes. Spencer from South Dakota. He's the host, using those smooth mellow tones. He lays them questions down. He likes taking those two and three year old bucks. Is an avid amateur Lockwen.
Speaker 3: To pretty one rock killing Rose?
Speaker 7: What's the problem?
Speaker 3: Please? Please?
Speaker 5: There's the problem?
Speaker 1: There done?
Speaker 2: The chimp kill my my friend?
Speaker 4: What's the problem with your friend?
Speaker 1: Please?
Speaker 9: What's the problem with your friend?
Speaker 4: I need to know?
Speaker 2: Would have done?
Speaker 6: Would have done?
Speaker 4: He has a gun?
Speaker 5: Please hurry up.
Speaker 2: He's killing my girlfriend.
Speaker 4: What is the problem.
Speaker 3: He's killing my friend?
Speaker 1: Who's killing your friend?
Speaker 2: My chimps?
Speaker 5: Oh you're chimpanee is killing your friends?
Speaker 2: He ripped your part.
Speaker 8: Hurry up with a gun.
Speaker 5: Hurry up. Way, there's someone on the way.
Speaker 2: Who's done pa?
Speaker 4: What is the monkey doing?
Speaker 1: Tell me what the monkey say?
Speaker 5: He ripped your face off?
Speaker 1: He face off.
Speaker 2: Me?
Speaker 6: Please?
Speaker 10: Okay, I need you to come down a little bit.
Speaker 4: They're on the way.
Speaker 1: Way.
Speaker 2: Can you push yourself away?
Speaker 5: I don't want the monkey sucking you play.
Speaker 2: Hurry up, said toy.
Speaker 4: They're on the way, man, they gotta shut him.
Speaker 5: Please, please, Harry, hurry.
Speaker 2: You're there with your friend.
Speaker 5: You should help your friend.
Speaker 2: Can you go help your friends?
Speaker 3: I can't.
Speaker 8: He tried to tack me.
Speaker 6: Now, if he's still there with your friend, yes, okay, so then back off.
Speaker 5: Then don't get any clotheser.
Speaker 2: Okay, they're already on the way. Please, if the monkey moves away from your friend, let me know.
Speaker 5: Okay, so he could try to help your friend. No, no, I can't.
Speaker 6: She's dead.
Speaker 4: She's dead.
Speaker 5: Why why are you saying that she's dead?
Speaker 2: He's dead.
Speaker 8: He ripped her apart, He ripped one apart, her face, every could he ripped her apart.
Speaker 1: I can't