Speaker 1: Hey, this is Brian Alvarez and this is today's edition of the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network.
Speaker 2: Live from San Francisco. I'm a sports byline broadcasting network. You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with your hosts, Brian Alvarez and Mike SIMPERVV.
Speaker 1: When you're ready, When you're ready.
Speaker 2: Let's get it off.
Speaker 1: Go and everybody. Brian Alvarez here on Wrestling Observer Live. We are here every day Monday through Friday, New Pacific three Eastern Sunday three Pacific, six Eastern Saturday Mornings with Jim Beally, ten day Pacific one Eastern Sundays with andrews Arian, and today with both Mike SIMPERVV and Yes, Lance Storm is joining us here today. We'll get with him in the next segment here. We got a lot to talk about and we're gonna kick it off with a bang. Lance also watched the Sting retirement aw paper view this weekend, so we'll get his thoughts on that.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: We got a lot of news to get into here today. Yesterday was Raw, Monday Night Raw, and the last two weeks of Raw. We've got WrestleMania show coming up about a month away. Is it is quite a while away. But WrestleMania is two nights, and that means we have to have what sixteen matches eighteen twenty if you count pre shows, and right now we have five official matches for WrestleMania, and the last two weeks of Raw has been three hours of continuing the build for the same five matches. Let's get some new matches here, bro, but we do have some. We're gonna find out who's challenging Gunther for the Interconninental title next week on Raw, and I'll tell you who I think it's gonna be. It could be what do I think it's gonna be? And of course we've got a bunch of other matches, including on Friday, they will likely make official official the Cody Roads and seth Rawlins Versus Roman Reigns and Rock Match for Night one of WrestleMania, so we'll talk about that. We got NXT Roadblock coming up here tonight. We got notes on the Dynamite show tomorrow, which, unless there's something I've been seeing in the last couple hours, we still only have one possible match for Dynamite tomorrow. I think this is the latest they've ever gone without announcing anything else for the show. But a lot to get into here today and we'll kick it off after the break Observer Live.
Speaker 4: Hey Joe Montana Here. Back in my football days, I knew the importance of a strong defense. Now I'm sharing how you can help defend your health against numacacle pneumonia, a bacterial lung disease that can be life threatening. If you're sixty five year older or nineteen year older with certain chronic conditions like diabetes or asthma, you're an increased risk. Talk to your doctor or pharmacist about vaccination and learn more at no pneumonia dot com. That's know pneumonia dot com.
Speaker 5: Sponsored by Feizer.
Speaker 6: Has someone in your family lost a job recently and now you can't afford your mortgage payment? Or do you have a rental property and your tenants aren't paying you? Quick cash Offer can come to the rescue and pay you cash for your home immediately. Yes, sell your home and get cash all over the phone without dealing with real estate agents and risking your safety by showing your home to lukewarm buyers. You don't need to lose your home to foreclosure if you have any equity in your home, we will buy it and give you cash within days, all in a simple over the phone and virtual process. Call quick cash Offer now before the economy gets worse. Sell a home you can't afford or just don't want to get the cash you need today.
Speaker 7: Eight hundred seven eight eight one four nine five eight hundred seven eight eight one four eight hundred seven eight eight one four ninety five. That's eight hundred seven eight eight fourteen ninety five.
Speaker 8: Life insurance is one of those things that just about everybody needs, but few people actually have. Hey, if you die unexpectedly without life insurance, guess what you'll leave your family with even a bigger mess. Life insurance will help replace your family's income. It'll help cover burial expenses. Life insurance can even help payoff debt like credit cards and medical bills. Life insurance can even pay for college. And if you own a business and you die, life insurance can help your business from collapsing. It can even help cover estate taxes. Life insurance has never been more affordable and needed. Plus, you can always shop around even if you have a plan and save some money. So call the life insurance quote lined right now for free pricing information.
Speaker 9: Eight hundred nine one five nine six five four, eight hundred nine one five ninety six five four, eight hundred nine one five ninety six five four. That's eight hundred nine one five ninety six fifty four.
Speaker 5: Some people just know.
Speaker 10: The best rate for you is a rate based on you with all State, not one based on Carol. She's more focused on here in the high note thing the car in front of her. Why pay a rate based on anyone else? Get one based on you with drivewise from All State not available in Alaska or California. Septate terms and conditions. Rates are determined by several factors, which vary by state and some states. Participation in drivewise allows all State to us are driving data for purposes of rating, while in some states or rate could increase with highris driving generally safe for drive vers will save the driveways All State Bar and Casual Interns Company in philis North Pick, Illinois.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike simper VV on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: Back in the show, Brian Albarez here Wrestling Observer Live like simper vv, also of wrestling observer dot com. And yes, Lance Storm is joining us here today, and we're not even Lance. We're not even gonna even move on to anything here today, nothing, not even the retirement of the Great Sting until we talk about Randijord and Austin Theory. I've been waiting all day for this, So hit me with it. Hit me baby one more time.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I watched the uh suplex spot that you've talked about on two or three show, and it hanes me to admit this. I'm on team Olverrez with this thing.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 11: Brand Orton slipped. I think Theory had no option. He already had a foot on the top and had his head start getting pulled down, so I think he just instinciously is like I got a flip or I'm gonna die, And at the last second Randy realized this dude's going to flip and overrotate like crazy and die, and Randy instinctively at the last second stepped forward, pulled his head down and hit a perfect souplex. So, yes, Randy slipped, So ultimately it's his fault that it didn't go as well, but it's also his experience and just absolute presence in the ring that saved it at the end.
Speaker 1: Oh, I see I see simPRO viv over there shaking his gimmick pen.
Speaker 3: Yes, Simpy, it is a legitimate writing pen. Sir and Lance, I want to ask you, even though this was not tragic, it could have been, but what has been in your time? What has been the best?
Speaker 11: Say?
Speaker 3: Have you ever seen on a spot that was going badly where you saw someone really save someone else for me? Tragic circumstance?
Speaker 11: Yeah, there was one recently worded dou oh again, may not be the most but the one that came to mind immediately was Logan Paul with Ray when they he did the lion salt gimmick back and obviously the distance was wrong and he slid in and and saved the spot. Like again, Ray's aware of where he is. Ray wouldn't have physically died. Oh yeah, it looked like crap and you know, screwed up the flow of the mast.
Speaker 1: Hold on, Lance, standby for one second, Jared, Apparently there's music coming through. Can you kill that?
Speaker 3: What song is it?
Speaker 1: I don't know, I can't hear it, but the chants like, what is this music? Okay, go ahead, Lance, Lance's got his own theme music.
Speaker 2: Now I love it.
Speaker 11: As I was saying, like Ray wouldn't have died. He would have been able to get his fore arms down and saved himself, but it would have completely killed the flow of the match. But Logan managed to slide in on like one knee and catch the dude and save the spot. I thought that was especially considering his experience level. Just great athletic instinct.
Speaker 1: And you know, I gotta say one thing about that as well, because I know a lot of people absolutely hate Logan Paul, but you know, to the guy's credit. You know, when we watched that, at least when I watched that, and a lot of other people as well, they're like, oh my god, Logan saved raised life. You know, thank God for Logan Paul. And when he was interviewed about it, he was like, listen, I'll take the credit, but you know, to be honest, I was a little too far out. So a lot of that was also my fault, like I got in there because it was just instinctual. But you know, he admitted that he had also made a positioning mistake and he did not just take full credit for saving the guy's life, even though everybody else was giving him that credit.
Speaker 11: Takes two to tango, and he managed to adjust and get it done. And same with Randy. It's like he slipped and he managed to realize where he was and adjusted and ended up pulling off a supplex. It probably ended up getting a better reaction than if he just done the superplex.
Speaker 1: Now, before we get in everything else, Lance, obviously you watched the pay per view on Sunday, the retirement of Sting. I know this because I heard all about one of my star ratings. But we don't need to talk about that here, Yes we do, an I guess what you gotta want more? Star rais a fight about well, go up to uh wrestlingobserver dot com. I used to put on my subscriber only TV reports they're going up for all the shows ras up right now did SmackDown, Collision Dynamite every week and the pay per view, And yes, I give my own star ratings. Lance took exception to one. But we don't need to talk about that, do we list? But anyway, what'd you think of the.
Speaker 11: Show on the whole? I enjoyed it, and I generally don't watch pay per view shows, but Sting's retirement got me and intrigued me. I was a Sting fan from starkad eighty seven the first time I saw him the six man tag, and I thought he was awesome. I was a gigantic Sting Mark. I'm trying to find a photo a bunch of buddy of mine back when we were high school crazy wrestling buddies got together for a big wrestling show and dressed up, and I do have one somewhere back when I actually had normal hair, but I managed to try to position it into as much of a square flat top as I could spray painted it white, not spray paint, obviously, it was whatever cosmetic shops use. Our costume shops used to spray your hair white and put on stingface paint. So I do have a photo somewhere, I just can't find it of me as a I guess technically a little Stinger big wrestling mark, and then obviously got to meet him and work with him that one time in WW. I got a ton of respect for him, and I wanted to see the end. And I'm not a fan of a lot of the haos and hardcore craziness that went on in that match, but when they got down the end, and he won. I got to admit I got choked up a bit and got goosebumps and ended up making it for a great evening, and I enjoyed it because got a lot of respect and love for Sting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean he's he's one of those rare guys and they've been coming out of the woodwork. Nobody's got anything bad to say about Sting. And as you're well aware, Lance, I talked about this yesterday. You know, not only does nobody have anything bad to say about Sting, but there's also people that say all sorts of great things about Sting publicly, but privately they say even better things that they didn't even say publicly. So great guy, glad We wantee him go out on his terms literally exactly. That's a cliche, but he went out on his terms. He picked everything he did.
Speaker 11: The one line that I popped for maybe it's a bit of a cheap shot, but I laughed at when I think it was. Tony said, you know, Sting's an even better man than he is a wrestler. You can't say that about too many people, And I'm like, one might say that Warrior was a better person than a wrestler, and that's just because both bars are so low.
Speaker 3: One thing for sure is Sting went out a hero to wrestling fans. He went out a hero. Even those times where he dabbled as a heel being put in that position by the main event, Mafia or the nWo. It's not like he changed his style. He may have added an ipoke for comedy here or there, but he was always Sting and once he became a babyface in nineteen eighty seven, after he turned on Eddie Gilbert and started that in the UWF, he became the guy that wrestling fans could believe in. And he was that all the way up until that night a couple of days ago in Greensboro. It's just an amazing, amazing career.
Speaker 1: So Lance, what you think of the rest of this show with the highs and lows.
Speaker 11: Highs for me were were definitely Ospray Takeshta. That was I think my favorite out of the night. Second, I would go with Danielson and Eddie Kingston as far as a match, obviously, as far as the emotion goes, I give it the Sting, But again I'm not a fan of the well brawl around ring side, we'll go through tables, we'll go through glass, will do stunts. So those as a match, it didn't do much for me until the end with the ear falls. But those two matches, the Kingston Danielson and the Takeshta Ospray to Me were the the top two. The the tag team match, which obviously was you know, very well received. I prefer the more traditional FTR classic old school wrestling tag team match where Moxley is that free spirit, wild fighter guy that doesn't really follow a traditional format of any kind whatsoever, which works for him. But I much prefer FTR in a different environment. So that match, while good, wasn't as high up as I would like. I prefer the more traditional midnight express style tag team match that FTR is so great at. Two little nitpicks that bothered me on the show.
Speaker 1: Actually hold your thought right there, we'll get nitpicks after the break. Nitpick Observer Live.
Speaker 2: You were listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike semperviv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network. Got the show.
Speaker 1: Bray Elberez here Wrestling Observer Live, Mike Sember vv Lance Storm Lance had two nitpicks. Mm hmm, it's here, Lance got a character, but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no kidding.
Speaker 11: I thought it was really dumb when they announced that the Continental Crown will be fought under Continental Crown rules where outside interference isn't allowed. I'm like, and then Tony, one of the announced think was Tony even said like in the first match, and I'm like, the outside interference wasn't allowed in that match they distracted the ref and cheated. And it's like, if you could just outlaw outside interference by a rule, why wouldn't every match in wrestling do that? I just thought that was dumb.
Speaker 1: Well, as I explained to Vinnie, I can make my own storyline. Here we go. Yeah, because the Tony Kahan character is a psychopath. That's why he enjoys having madness and insanity occur to make his job as a storyline booker easier. That's why.
Speaker 11: But it wasn't allowed in the first match. They managed to distract the ref and cheat. If it was allowed, then Christian has no heat. Well of course, yes, the other you're not supposed.
Speaker 1: To interfere, but like that, there's a difference. Lance, You're not supposed to interfere, but if you can do it by and the refere you don't see it. It's okay this you're not even allowed to be out there. You're not even allowed, whether the ref season or not. You can't.
Speaker 11: Well, then they should just well, of course, it's ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Everyone should always be banned from ringside. Everyone. You have to used to have to manager's license.
Speaker 11: That the heat. When someone's you know, tag partner would get a manager's license and come to ringside, it's diabolical.
Speaker 3: Well, you get one of those outsiders at AEW loves the use. You get added Kevin Gates out there with a referees license before he beat up somebody.
Speaker 11: And the other thing, which just baffled me once I saw it. It was so cool when Sting's kids came out in his previous gimmicks. I could not believe that they'd let Mariah May come out in Tony Storm's previous gimmick and do the exact same thing that they're doing in Sting's retirement in a random match in the middle of the show, like when I first saw when I saw the again Great American based nineteen ninety Sting on the stage, It's like I popped and then it just flashed my eyes. Like I just saw this like three matches ago, when the alter ego of Tony Storm came out. I just thought that was unbelievable that I got through the checks and balances.
Speaker 1: Well, I think the issue is there are not a lot of checks and balances.
Speaker 3: I think that's the issue right there, because there's a lot of times where they don't dot i's or cross t's and you have, you know, two matches that start back to back outside of the ring, or you have two finishes back to back that are essentially the same. I mean that does happen pretty often there. I mean, it probably happens in on both sides of things, you know, way too often. It certainly does in the case of WWE. But AW, yeah, absolutely that's happens.
Speaker 1: I Mean one of the issues is AW doesn't do pre show production meetings where they go over everything that's going on on the show. And I don't know why they don't. I mean everybody everybody does production meetings. I even remember when it's not really we didn't have a production but like and I can't even tell the story on the air because there's too much profanity. But when we used to those ICW shows with Tim Flowers. He would have the pre show meeting and everybody would have to explain what they were gonna do. And man, you never heard so much profanities. He shut this down, He shut that down. You ain't doing this, that's being done later. You You guys just don't get it. You know how many times I heard that one in a much more profane version. But that would certainly help. Yeah you think so?
Speaker 3: I don't know, Lance, here the pro you think?
Speaker 2: What do you think? Yeah?
Speaker 11: I think it would help because again, that idea of having Sting's kids come out in his previous gimmicks was fantastic. It was a great moment, and just doing it in the undercard on the same show, to me was just mind blowing.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you, Lance, for the guys that you worked for, where, well, in a case like Vince or or really, I guess in any large company, obviously guys are working out details of things with the agent that is assigned to their match or somebody that they're comfort comfortable with. Wouldn't the production meeting, I mean, when does it happen where you start comparing notes to make sure that nobody is bigfooting somebody else during the show.
Speaker 11: Well, it'd be production meeting would be the start of it, because all agents are there when they read through the entirety of the show. So there would be the assumption that once you got to the main event and someone says like, all right, there'll be the sting entrance we got, you know, Steve Junior, whatever the other son's name is coming out, someone would go, it's like, should we be doing that in the women's match if that's the main event, And just somewhere along the line, Now it's possible that they wanted that to be a surprise whoever came up with the idea, And oh, I mean, it'd be great if nobody knows it's just part of his entrance. But the fact that they were involved in the match, I would think everyone would know that they'd be in that gear. And someone would have kaibashed the early version of Tony Storm.
Speaker 1: All right, let's talk about Paul Hayman. He's going into the Hall of Fame. I know, Lance, you are delighted.
Speaker 11: Very much, so, yes, I'm a big Paul Hayman guy. I was a big fan of him as a manager back in the AWA and WCW the Dangerous Alliance to the original Midnight Express, his arm wrestling feud with Missy Hyatt and all the other crazy the Tuxedo match with Jim Cornett, all this crazy stuff he did then, and then obviously my time in ECW working with him as a booker. I was a big fan of working with Paul, and then obviously his run as an advocate as well as a creative contributor in WB. It's like, you can say what you want about the WB Hall of Fame, but there are certain people that make it real and give it credibility, like the Bruno, Sam Martinos, the Steve Austins and so forth that go in and Paul Hayman's like that, Bobby Heenan's in there. He deserved it, and Paul Hayman is a very much legit Hall of Famer. In my opinion, I think he has to go on last because there's nobody on this planet that's following his speech, unless perhaps they're putting the Rock into and then Rock could probably do it. But other than that, Hayman's going to be your man.
Speaker 3: Who do you think is the person that inducts him? Because there are so many people.
Speaker 1: They say Sandman, I will accept nobody else.
Speaker 11: Actually, what I saw a post it was Hayman re posted it or shared it on something. KAYLEB Braxton I think would be really actually chemistry they have it wouldn't need to be long because you don't want whoever's inducting Paul to talk for very long because Paul needs the time. So I think Kayla would be great. They've got that good chemistry. She can just say a few words. There can be that one little uncomfortable moment when she passes the torch to the microphone to him and then let Paul do his thing. I'd be all for Kayla Braxton.
Speaker 3: You know, it'll probably end up being his Tommy Dreamer because you know, obviously with the serious XM that he has on Busted Open and everything, I could see him being somebody that they would use, although you know, because I don't think that they're going to be asking for Taz or anybody like that. I don't think that's certainly not going to be happening. So I could see Dreamer possibly being used for that for that spot, or even Bully Ray I guess too, considering his you know, connections there. I don't know how connected he still is to TNA or anything like that.
Speaker 1: Well, lam'ce worse for TNA. So thank god we got him here to answer that question.
Speaker 11: I don't get updates on when people add and leave the roster. Those who show up on the booking sheets are the ones I work with.
Speaker 1: Men's McMahon is down to only owning six point five percent of TKO. He sold five point three five million shares and pocketed four hundred million dollars in cash. How much is Saudi Arabias guy buying? Like, what's going on here?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 11: Maybe he's got legal fees and more NDAs to purchase.
Speaker 1: I don't know. He four hundred million dollars worth.
Speaker 11: Bro, you were a female person that had a negative working experience with him in the past and wanted a payday, boy, I bet you could get one right now.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I think the peak was at eight million. I think one of them was eight million, seven million. We don't know anything about that one. Think about that. Think about that. We don't know anything about the person that he paid like seven million dollars to. Can you imagine?
Speaker 3: And could there be civil suits that end up coming down the line from people who have not stepped up yet that that may step up.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 1: Again, this is Janelle Grant was three million, right, I think it was three million. Yeah, okay, there was another one that was seven Yeah. Yikes.
Speaker 2: Not a good guy.
Speaker 1: Hopefully comes out someday. We've got a couple of notes on this weekend. MS three hundred and forty four thousand and a point one zero Countdown to Revolution two hundred and thirteen thousand and an oero point six. And it's one of those things where I expect this pay per view to do maybe their best number ever or very close to it. And this was the case, you know, way back in the day, remember these do those UFC countdown specials. There was like never any correlation between how many people watch the countdown special and how many people watch the pay per view. Sometimes you'd have tons of people watching the countdown and it would did all right. Sometimes you'd have a very low number and the pay per view did great. So, you know, this is nothing for a Countdown special two thirteen and zero point zero six, but I expect the pay per view to do a very big number. Collision did four hundred and fifty five thousand and a point one three did have some competition from the NBA and SmackDown. SmackDown One is weird two point three four eight million viewers and a point six y four, which is up a it's up a little bit from the week prior. But this is the show that had forty minutes of Rock Roman Reigns and those segments did almost three million viewers two point seven five million, one point seven five and as soon as they were gone it fell to two point two million a point five to seven. Why is that notable? Besides the obvious, I'll tie it to the break Observer Live.
Speaker 5: One out of two Americans thinks their life is worthy of a book. Here's another startling stat You may be one of the fifteen percent of people who bothered to start your book and one of the six percent that got halfway through it, but your gem of an idea likely died or did it. Some published authors are making significant money, so join the ranks of the successful people that finish their books with help from Dorance Publishing. Call right now and are experienced editors and writers will explain to you what it's going to take to get your book completely written, published and then taken to market to sell it. It's a free consultation, so call right now find out how much time and money it takes to finally get that book idea of yours published. Make your dreams happen. Call Dourrance Publishing right now.
Speaker 7: Eight hundred four eight five six thousand and three eight hundred four to eight five six thousand three, eight hundred four eight five six thousand three. That's eight hundred four eight five six zero zero three. Looking for a cruise vacation? Cruise dot com is offering its exclusive sale of the year to all listeners to this station. Every major cruise line, including Royal Caribbean, Carnival, Princess, MSc and more are on sale now. Call one eight hundred four to three oh seven nine two four and book one of these deals. While supplies last. Cruises start from as low as thirty nine dollars per person per day. There isn't a better vacation value to places like Alaska, Europe, the Caribbean, South America and more. Call one of the largest cruise specialists in the world at one eight hundred four to three oh seven nine twenty four. We'll find you a vacation that includes drinks, Wi Fi, excursions and more. Call one eight hundred four to three oh seven nine two four. Again, that's one hundred four to three oh seven nine two four. Space is limited. Don't miss your opportunity to book the best deal of the year. That's one hundred four to three oh seventy nine twenty four sponsored by Cruise dot Com.
Speaker 12: Do you use the expensive blue or yellow pills to charge your sex life? Are you thinking about it? What if we can promise you this results for less than three dollars a pill. If you're paying twenty dollars a pill for the other pills you're getting taken to the cleaners. Our pills deliver the exact same results for less than three dollars. You'll save more than sixteen dollars a pill for the same results. And right now Radio Collars will get forty four blue or yellow pills for one hundred and twenty bucks. With free discrete shipping, you can save more than seven hundred dollars off pharmacy prices. Charge your sex life now and save a ton of money. Call now and get your forty four pills and save over seven hundred dollars and qualify for free shipping. Stop overpaying and call right now.
Speaker 7: Paid four by steel Man Pills eight hundred ninety sixty five one two nine five, eight hundred nine sixty five one two nine five, eight hundred ninety six five one two nine five. That's eight hundred ninety six five twelve ninety five.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike semperviv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: So here's the thing with The Rock. If you look at this number, you know a lot of people watch The Rock, and then when he was gone, they were out of there half million people. So if you watch shows where you know Rock is advertised but he doesn't come out at the beginning, they hold the audience much better throughout the course of the show. So obviously, what you would want to do is advertise The Rock is going to be there and then tease him throughout the show and then he comes out of the end, and you would probably do better than this show did in terms of total viewership, especially when he's out there for as long as he was. But here's the problem. Rock did a twenty one minute promo on social media and then you know him and Roman came out and took up the first forty minutes of the show. So the issue is, you know, you bring that guy out at you know, eight forty five or whatever, like he's got a very specific timeque that he's got to hit. And you know what I heard, and this was before the rating came out, is well, you know, Rock's probably gonna be opening a lot of smackdowns because it's easier to make it up after he goes out then to try to box him into a very hard time queue. So there're kind of been a little issue here where well, do we bring him out at the end and you know, someone's got to be sitting there doing this, or do you bring him out the beginning and he has as much time as he needs and then everybody turns off the show afterwards. So we'll see what they do this coming Friday. They've they've you know, they're doing Rock, Roman, Cody and Seth on the show Friday, So it'll be very interesting to see where they place that segment.
Speaker 11: They need to start trying to book him like they did the Austin mcmonfeud. They would have interaction at the beginning, They would have a t's in the middle of the show and then they would wrap it up and conclude with them at the end, and hey, he can always end the show like Sting did the pay per view looking at the camera, going and we get a time que and then they just go away.
Speaker 1: Well, you know it's much easier too, if you remember those shows, what did we always talk about long twenty minute promo to open them? Show? Boring twenty minute promo with triple H. Well, if you're gonna do this with Rock, he should talk at the beginning because it's harder to wrap up Rock when he's talking. But like, if he's doing some physical he's not gonna need twenty five minutes, do a couple of spots and get out of there. That's the stuff you save till the end.
Speaker 3: But isn't the problem is that he's not doing anything physical, at least that we've seen yet. And the whole thing with all of this is revolving around the fact that he's talking. And are you putting him in some sort of situation by having him do physicality and or is that a concern?
Speaker 1: Well, no, he didn't get a rock bottom a couple of weeks ago and he.
Speaker 3: Was all blown up though with Gingder there, I mean I'm thinking things certainly doing things behind the scenes, but do you think that that might be the concern?
Speaker 1: I don't think well.
Speaker 11: I think you have to be careful in that now that he's in a specific direction with Seth and Cody, if Brian is right and this is a covert, undercover, secret plan with the Rock that will lead to him helping Cody take everything away from Roman reigns, They've got to be careful because if he's or even Seth, if he's in on it, and then if they're out there punching and trading punches, it's like it makes the story not work. So you've got to be careful. But teasing him coming back and not having physicality but teasing it wouldn't be terri.
Speaker 1: And it'd be very interesting to see when the Raw ratings come out in the quarter hours, because this opening segment of Raw was like the funniest unintentional comedy in the sense that Seth, Rawlins and Cody came out and literally talked about how my god, Rock did twenty one minutes. Who could listen to this guy talk for twenty one minutes? He just droned on and on for twenty one minutes. They said, and the segment's over. I look at the clock. They had him met there for twenty three minutes. And the irony is, not only did they go out there and ramble longer than the Rock did, but they said last Rock and is twenty went a minute promo. I mean essentially, he told the entire storyline that he has created in his head. For this entire thing, he filled in a lot of blanks and ultimately it set up a big match for WrestleMania Rock and Roman Reigns versus Seth and Cody. Meanwhile, Seth and Cody went twenty three minutes, and literally after twenty three minutes, they didn't even accept the challenge. They said, we'll see you on Friday and give us our answer. I was like, oh my god, that took forever to say nothing. Lancey raised your hand, what do you think of the Rocks twenty women?
Speaker 11: I was just raising my hand because you said, who could listen to this guy cut a promo for twenty one minute?
Speaker 1: I'd give that guy an hour.
Speaker 11: I can sit there and listen to the Rock cut promos for a pretty dawn long time, I'll tell you that.
Speaker 1: And I was watching the promo and you know Seth, Seth had to get something out. And in his defense, I'm sure he did not come up with his on his own, and I'll bet you anything that it was probably Brian Gorgson the Rock that came up with it. But Seth has to go out there and this is on him in the dumbest looking outfit. Wo He looked like a banana that got dipped in nuclear waste. And he goes out there and on top of looking like an idiot, he has to drop the line diarrhea. Dwayne. I thought, my god, my god, you have given Rock so much material in this twenty two minutes and it's not material that's like gonna get you over. Brother, you look like a fool talking about diarrhea, Dwayne as a grown man in your thirties, and man, Rock is gonna obliterate this guy.
Speaker 3: Him sort of, you know, some sort of plan that they're you know, setting up on Seth rollins there. I mean, isn't it on the wrestler at some point to go look.
Speaker 1: The guys on the board. It's no Rock, No, he's not saying that.
Speaker 3: Situation.
Speaker 1: When he asked Lance, he's been there, Lance and Seth stepping up and going, no, Dwayne, I'm not saying diarrhea Dwayne.
Speaker 3: Yeah, unless you tell me, Hey, we already have a merch roll out ready for this. Hey, guess what can I come up with? They do the diarya Dwayne? Oh God. Then again, if he dresses like that, maybe he was all for that line. I don't know, Lance, I.
Speaker 11: Would I think I would actually ask Rock has always been approachable, decent guy. I think I would ask. It's like we got something else that's really bad.
Speaker 3: This is a guy that cuts promos for a living. He's an actor for a living, dialogue for a living. You got a guy there who's in charge, and Paul Levec who made a career out of cutting promos. I think Seth Rollins at this point in the game has probably earned enough cachet to go. I don't know about diarrhea Dwayne. But then again, maybe he thought it was a hot bar. I just it was terrible. I thought, well, this is where we're at with the Rock again, with childish insults. I mean, that's what he does.
Speaker 11: And it's possible that Seth did say are you kidding me? This is the line? And maybe an people insisted and Seth's the team player and took the bullet.
Speaker 1: Where's Where's the rocks? Merch Roman reins? Doesn't rock start with an R? AM? I wrong here? Or is it start with a T? Ro God damn, look at us? Start with a D or a T the rock? You have to search my tea alphabet. Yeah not, there's no uh, there's not currently a diarrhea Dwayne shirt. But by the end of the day, are they.
Speaker 3: Still upset by the way that you never got your a hole's shirt from breaks?
Speaker 1: I'm actually surprised that we never got that.
Speaker 3: But whatever you knew they were going wolf dogs, you just wanted it to be the other way.
Speaker 1: So a couple of notes from raw. Full report was on Observer Live for subscribers at Wrestling observer dot com last night, or you can go to wrestling observer dot com. My full full raw report is up there in text form for all of you. I'm but one of my favorite things on the show was Gunther and Dirty Dom. Love that match. It was a combination of, well, I probably should put the guy over, but I saw stuff like this in the nineties, I'll just put it that way, and Gunther absolutely completely destroyed this guy played total babyface in this match, and finally he gave Dom this power bomb, Oh my god, and then put him in a half crab and submitted him. Got an enormous pop when Gunther won. I loved this match. And then later they announced that they're going to do a gauntlet next week, which is going to be a six person gauntlet Sammy Zain, Ricochet, Shinske, Nakamura, Bronson, Reid, Jad McDonough, and Chad Gable. Let me read those names again. Sammy Zay, Ricochet, Shinsk, Nakamura, Bronson, Red, Jad McDonough and Chad Gable in a gauntlet match, which means it's probably going close to an hour and it's probably gonna be awesome. The winner faces Gunther at WrestleMania, and I think of all of the names, there are two favorites. Okay, one of them is Chad Gable, And I'm only saying he's a favorite because for the last two weeks they have done a catchphrase whenever he's talked about wanting to face Gunther, and he talked about it last week, he talked about it this week. It just means more this is not just for the belt for me. He says it's for my family. I want to wipe that smile off Gunther's face and give it to my daughter. It just means more, okay. And then obviously the other one is Sammy. Because Sammy has been talking for weeks. He has no path to Mania. He knows he can be a winner, he knows he can be a champion, and he needs it to prove to the people that they didn't get behind him for nothing. And I think the most obvious possibility here, given that the raw the week after WrestleMania is in Montreal, I would say the favorite is Sammy's ayin to win the Gauntlet and the title. I don't think it's impossible that it would be a three way with Chad Gable, but I think Sammy's in the match and I think he's winning the title. It's my prediction.
Speaker 11: I get a heck of a reaction in Montreal, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: You don't yea say really sure?
Speaker 3: And hey have it have him go through and face Chad Gable at the end and have him still Okay, we have Chad Gable in there with Sammy, he still has to go another twenty minutes with Chad Gable. We get a great wrestling match out of it, and during this process, Bronson Reid maybe slips on a banana peel. There's something that happens where because you gotta beat a giant on the way to WrestleMania, and usually this is the for the title picture. But I wouldn't mind seeing Sammy's Ain against Bronson Reid in a one on one match that leads into his match at WrestleMania, or is a feud relatively quickly after him getting out of WrestleMania. I kind of like that combination together, and I think it would be a great use of Bronson Reid and if he is going to be a guy that they can rely on and get over and move up the card. Sammy's Ain is a perfect person I think for him to be in the mix with.
Speaker 1: Well, then we add Nia and Becky God now here.
Speaker 11: You're not a fan of Naya Jacks.
Speaker 1: Brad, Dude, I'm telling you, I don't know what's happened. Besides, I guess it's kind of always been like this, but she was so bad in this match. It was just like Australia. The issue, the biggest issue with Nya is her selling absolutely sucks. Okay, her offense is fine now, granted some of it. I think she's killing people. Like she was supposed to do the Samoan drop where you just back up into the ring post, but like she's not even looking and she goes backwards and let's go Becky, and Becky's nowhere near the post. She doesn't come near the post and just falls off her back and smashes on the ground. And then the big one is Becky tried a middle rope drop kick and Nya literally didn't sell it at all, but she was supposed to and she bumped backwards through the ropes afterwards, and even the announcers were like, I don't think Becky hit it, but she did it anyway. Back in the moth with more Observe Alive.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike Simperviv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: Well, we've reached the end of the program. Everybody but Lance. Lance would like to talk to you all about TNA. Yes, TNA it is back. If you been living under a rock, and it is shoot better than it used to be.
Speaker 11: Yes, Oh, Miles good and just Friday Sacrifice from Windsor, Ontario Live on TNA Plus and I believe Fight TV. So check us out Thursday Night's Access TV.
Speaker 1: It's right Access TV everybody, and a lot of great matches. Vinnie has been reviewing it every week on his solo show.
Speaker 11: And Vinnie likes it.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine, everybody, if you been a long term subscriber. Can you imagine in twenty ten? In twenty ten, somebody on the Prediction Show would say, I'm not even predicting this year. I'm going to predict twenty twenty four. In twenty twenty four, TNA will still be around and Vinnie will voluntarily be reviewing it in a solo podcast at Wrestlingobserver dot com. It would be like that, literally is the dumbest prediction I've ever heard in my life. And here we are and he's enjoying it. So check it out Vinnie's show, and Vinnie and Granny and Craig and Sean and all the rest of us are going to be here tonight and what are we reviewing this Monthwe I always want to say, collision? What the hell is it? Challenge CHALLENGEWF challenge starting from the first one on Peacock and a lot of people liking it, so check it out and all of this at wrestlingobserver dot com. Shows with Lance at wrestlingobserver dot com only for subscribers, observers up there, Wrestling Observer newsletter archives, all sorts of great stuff. So if you like the show, sign up wrestlingobserver dot com and that's it. Everybody, Thanks Lance. Michae's always callers and listeners. Everybody the studio, my main man Dom, the real dirty Dom. Talk to you next time Wrestling Observer Live. You have been listening to the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network