Speaker 1: Hey it's Delilah. Thank you for stopping by. I have put together some of my favorite radio moments here to share with you on our daily podcast, Hey it's Delilah. Today, I'm sharing some of the greatest calls I've taken recently. We're going to weave them together and share them with you on Hey It's Delilah.
Speaker 2: Hi, Frank, this is Delilah. What can I do for you?
Speaker 3: Every night, I go pick up my wife at where she works, and I leave about the house about a quarter or two eleven, and I drive over there and they her and her friends come out about eleven eleven ten, and we're usually on eleven thirty, so I get to come about forty five minutes of listening to your show on the radio. And I was the other day I was listening to you talking to a young lady named Brian. I believe it was that she was doing a story about you, and she asked you what your something to the effect of what your accomplishments were, and you downplayed what you do, and I just couldn't let that go.
Speaker 1: Well, I really haven't accomplished much, Frank, when you think about it, I never finished college. I've i mean, God gave me a brilliant mind. I could have gone to med school. I could have been a doctor, I could have been a teacher. I could have done all those things. Instead, I sit on my fanny and I talk to people every night on the radio.
Speaker 3: But that's that was what you were destined to do. And there's no question about it. You're you're sharing your your insight and your your knowledge with the world. And I just I listened to the people that call in, and they call in and they're upset or sat or they're very happy, and they have all these problems and or good things happening in their life, and they want to tell the world about it. And you just have a very uncanny ability to tune right into what they're trying to say and and make them feel that you feel what they're feeling. And it's so there's no way around it.
Speaker 2: It is a gift. And I thank God for that. And I take none of the credit because that is one from my maker.
Speaker 3: You're amazing, and it's just the way around it.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you God, bless you and keep you safe on the road at night hunting.
Speaker 3: And sank to you.
Speaker 2: Hi, Allison, this is Delilah. What can I do for you?
Speaker 4: Hi, Delilah, I was just calling to maybe get some advice.
Speaker 2: Oh, do we have a Delilah dilemma?
Speaker 4: Yes, it's it's a happy dilemma. I suppose this guy, Travis, we've been friends. I met him last year through a mutual friend, and we had a lot in common, and he just became a really great friend. And I think he confessed to me, you know, that he liked me, and at the time, I just didn't return the feelings. I you know, I just wanted to be friends and I kind of liked another guy. And we've over the year, you know, he's liked other people, and I liked other people. And but now I've I've just kind of come to the realization that, you know, this guy is a great guy, and he's just got a great spirit, and we have a lot in common. But I'm scared that maybe he's already you know, I'm scared he's settled that you know, hey, we're just going to be friends.
Speaker 2: How old are you. I'm twenty three, So basically you're begging for a second chance.
Speaker 4: Yeah I am, Yeah, I am.
Speaker 1: I'm saying I was a big knucklehead I wasn't quite over somebody else, and so I pushed him to the side.
Speaker 2: I kicked him to the curb. But now I'm going, wait a minute, what was I thinking?
Speaker 4: You know, it's just the feelings weren't there, and now the more they are. These feelings are here.
Speaker 1: Now you suddenly noticed that, Oh my gosh, she's so cute. Yes, ma'am, I will play a song for you.
Speaker 4: Thank you, you.
Speaker 2: Have a good night. Hi, Dave, thank you for calling hello. What can I do for you? This evening?
Speaker 5: I wanted to send a song out to an ex girlfriend, and I wanted to tell her that I'm sorry. We had dated for about three years and I had to move here about a year ago to be near her, and in that year some things changed and I wanted more. And I couldn't realize at the time that she was giving me everything that she could give me. She's a single parent, and I couldn't see that I had everything I needed. I was so busy looking for what I wanted that I couldn't see that I had everything I needed and just walked out of her life. She was waiting for me to call a guest, and I was waiting for her to call, and we just never spoke again. And then about two months ago, I realized, you know, just how much I missed her and how much I wanted her back, and I tr I had to contact her, and we did. We talked a couple of times. But since she's dating someone else and she's moved on, and she says she's forgiven me, but I just you know, I love her and I miss her, and I just wanted to know that if if anything in her life ever changes, you know, I'm here.
Speaker 2: How long did you go without talking to her?
Speaker 5: About six months?
Speaker 2: Okay? And you think that this woman should give you another chance?
Speaker 5: I'm prayerful anyway, Well, I'm.
Speaker 2: Glad you're prayerful.
Speaker 1: But I would never, ever, in a million years, if a guy broke my heart that bad and was gone that long everything that that he wouldn't do it. I'd be scared to death that the next time he got upset, he'd be hit the door and go.
Speaker 2: Running and not come back.
Speaker 5: I deserve that.
Speaker 1: What can you say or what can you tell me that would make her think that you wouldn't do that.
Speaker 5: I know in my heart that we should be together, and I know that I made a terrible mistake, and all I could do is just ask her to look inside hole we had and you know, find it in her heart to hopefully, you know, give me a second chance.
Speaker 2: Tarin. Hi, welcome to the Delilah Show.
Speaker 6: Hi, Delilah.
Speaker 2: So I hear congratulations are in order?
Speaker 6: Yes, I hope.
Speaker 2: So tell me what you're celebrating.
Speaker 6: Well, I'm going to be graduating from nursing school in four and a half months. I have to think my wonderful, amazing and supportive husband, because without him, I would not be where I am today. His name is Stephen.
Speaker 1: And how many times did you tell Stephen, honey, I can't because I have to study tonight. I can't go there to sty I got homework to Stephen. I'm sorry. I can't even clean that. I can't even get the dishes washed because I got homework to do.
Speaker 6: I think every single.
Speaker 2: Day and he never complained.
Speaker 6: Not once. And I have children from another marriage and he has stepped in and he takes them to all of their extracurricular activities and he's always there helping with their homework. He's just wonderful And the best part is that he has allowed me to quit my job after I was there for fifteen years so that I could strictly focus on school because the material is just getting progressively more difficult and I really needed to focus. And he just has taken over the finances and helping around the house, and he has just done everything for me.
Speaker 2: And where did you meet Saint Stephen?
Speaker 6: I imagine that, Luke actually wow? But yes, we've been friends for fifteen years and we just got married two years ago.
Speaker 1: I will play a wonderful song for you for him, congratulations on making it through nursing school. I know that is quite the accomplishment. I have a couple of friends that man, they it just takes everything. It takes all your energy. So I'm so proud of you.
Speaker 6: Thank you so much. I'm so about my new career and just moving forward with my life. It's going to be wonderful.
Speaker 1: I so hope you have enjoyed these radio moments as much as I enjoy bringing them to you. I'll share more with you each weekday on Hey It's Delilah.