Speaker 1: Hey, everyone, welcome back to fut Around and find Out. First of all, I want to say thank you to everyone that tuned into the first episode, especially those of you who stayed up till three am to catch it when it dropped. That's absolutely insane. But seriously, thank you guys so much for all the love and support. Before we get into today's show, we've launched our socials, so make sure you're following us on Instagram and TikTok at futt around pot for DMS questions and feedback. And for today's show, we have some very special guests joining us.
Speaker 2: Okaz.
Speaker 3: Before we get into our special guests, I've been hearing about your weekend at the cabin in Minnesota.
Speaker 2: Tell me everything.
Speaker 1: Okay, I had the best weekend, like you just said, I was at the cabin. At my grandparents' cabin in Minnesota. They used to have this big party when I was younger, called Duffest. Their last name is Duffy, so they had Dofest and they had all this land. They had a bunch of campers. Their friends would come like neighbors, literally, friends of friends, cousins, whoever would come. They'd have a band and everyone would party the whole weekend, and this is like what I was probably two to, like elementary school years, so I'd run around with all the kids.
Speaker 4: We'd have a blast.
Speaker 1: And their cabin now is smaller, their their land is smaller, but it's still my favorite place and the world to go.
Speaker 2: They have a boat.
Speaker 1: You just chill, read, relax, enjoy the vibes. It's more than the fire, hot dogs in the fire. Like it's my favorite place. But this weekend they had like a mini dafest for me because they knew that this would hopefully be my last free summer. So they're like, you've always wanted one, Let's do a mini one. So they hired a band to come. They invited a bunch of their friends, a bunch of my family came. Actually a few of my best friends even came for the weekend.
Speaker 4: So it was a blast.
Speaker 1: There was music on Saturday, but we were there Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday having a great time.
Speaker 4: So I'm like so happy.
Speaker 1: I'm it was one of the best weekends I've had at the cabin, so it was a great way to kind of slow down my summer.
Speaker 3: I love that it sounds so fun and I love that you get to spend some time with your family, because I know with all the travel, you don't get.
Speaker 2: A lot of that. So that sounds like a great experience.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, definitely family time is my favorite for sure. But what about you? What did you do this weekend?
Speaker 2: I spent my weekend here at home in New York.
Speaker 3: I went to New York Versus New York, which is a street basketball tournament. So there's a bunch of you know, neighborhoods in New York City that compete for the championship. And so I got to go to the semis and the final and watch them compete.
Speaker 2: And in the end, one of my teams that I really liked.
Speaker 3: One is called Tri State and that represents Harlem and I'm from there. So that was the boys and for the girls West fourth One, which is like downtown Manhattan area. Okay, I really enjoyed myself. A lot of the stars popped out. Jalen Brunson was there and everybody went crazy, I mean, standing on their feet. He might as well be the mayor because that man New York City. So yeah, it was a lot of fun. I loved it.
Speaker 4: It sounds fun. But these are the games that are outside, right.
Speaker 3: Yes, all the games, so unless it's like one hundred degrees or raining, these are like outside street basketball. It's like, you know, in a mecca New York City. It's what people look forward to. People fly in to go to these tournaments. So I was really happy to be able to be a.
Speaker 5: Part of that.
Speaker 4: That sounds so fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, girl, it's always crazy. How would you do in street basketball outside?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: I think when I was younger, I would have done really well. I feel like as I've gotten older, like my body can't, first of all, play outside, I don't know if my knees and my joints could take it. Second of all, I've definitely gotten a little softer when it comes to temperature. Like I used to practice in a gym with no AC, but these days climate control only.
Speaker 4: I don't know if I could do outdoor.
Speaker 2: Listen, you've earned it.
Speaker 4: Did you play outside a lot growing up?
Speaker 2: Definitely?
Speaker 6: So.
Speaker 3: In New York City, tournaments that are really popular are like Uptown Challenge and West Fourth. These tournaments are all outdoors, and so when you're younger, you know you're limber, so you can play outdoors all day, multiple games, back to back, However, my ripe old age, I enjoy climbing control as well.
Speaker 1: All right, everyone, get your bust down bobs ready because joining us on the pod after the break are.
Speaker 4: The stud Buds.
Speaker 1: All right, now it's time to introduce the stud Buds, two of the coolest, most real players in the WNBA, bringing you all the unfiltered behind the scenes.
Speaker 3: These ladies don't need an introduction. We're here with Courtney Williams and Natsha Heideman. Welcome to the Pod Buds.
Speaker 4: A chat.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I have a question to start us off. I want to know a time that you guys futted around and found out It's like a moment where you took a risk without fully understanding the consequences. And I mean, you can say whatever you want, but I feel like your stream at All Star, like that was a pretty big risk.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was kind of what my thought proces was like. That All Star stream definitely was a risk.
Speaker 4: Whose idea was that it was mutual.
Speaker 3: I feel like we we really just talk out loud sometimes and then we put our shelves and things where it's kind of like.
Speaker 2: We gotta stand on it.
Speaker 3: That's kind of what the Pink care came from because we talked about it on the stream and it's like and then people be wondering, like is y'all doing this, and then they start talking about it.
Speaker 2: We'd be like, okay, yeah, yeah, we gotta do that.
Speaker 1: For it was fun. Corny, you picked me up at all start? Do you remember that?
Speaker 4: And like, what's what you're doing?
Speaker 3: What started? I was picking people up? But I do remember picking you.
Speaker 5: Why you picking people? That's right?
Speaker 3: Well, I picked you up in a different way a than I was picking the other batties up.
Speaker 2: You feel me?
Speaker 3: It was a very respect Yeah, it was the way I picked you up.
Speaker 2: What was because it was like, oh that's easy.
Speaker 3: I had already seen y'all was with my partner, so I wasn't there when you had the interaction with them. So then when I seen you at your party, I'm like, wow, we here turning a party up. This is her party. We're about to leave. Let me show the young boys some love.
Speaker 2: Believe it.
Speaker 3: Now that all stars behind us, what's next for the stuff buds? See, that's the thing we want to tell y'all, but we can't tell y'all yet because because.
Speaker 5: Dropping we can't tell you.
Speaker 3: God God, so much motion right now, brother and y'all about to see it just swimming.
Speaker 2: Do we want to give us a little tip bit for the part? Give us a little hen come on, little little little see. You know what I'm saying about. I will say it like this. It's it's a well known magazine. We're gonna keep it.
Speaker 5: We don't keep it.
Speaker 2: We don't keep wen. We'll take that, keep it like we'll take that. Cut it up.
Speaker 4: How long do we have to wait?
Speaker 3: See see see look at you.
Speaker 2: We just love y'all. It's coming. It's coming, He's coming.
Speaker 3: When we talked about this part, we literally like, who do we want on it? The very first name was the stub Buds. We rock with y'all were excitedly what you got going on? We want to support it. So appreciate for speaking of your drop.
Speaker 4: Stole your merch draw was fired. The gray sweatsuit. I need to get one of those.
Speaker 5: And we got another more coming for you to we do.
Speaker 3: We got yeah, we got some pressure. Listen, I'm a medium crop talk. You know what I'm saying, Like stub Buzz and Pink I do it.
Speaker 2: Okay, we got you?
Speaker 4: Yeah, no that everyone watching stub bud shirt.
Speaker 2: That was hard. Sorry that together collb like live.
Speaker 1: Wait, how did you guys come up with your logo like the different like fawn and colors?
Speaker 4: I liked that a lot.
Speaker 2: Hang on, pay somebody.
Speaker 3: You just paid somebody to somebody to come up with it. You know, everybody got a lane. So we let the creators create and then it's a rainbows.
Speaker 4: Okay, wait, so why pink hair?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 2: So tell them the storytelling.
Speaker 5: So this is what happened.
Speaker 3: Like I caught corney one day and I had like a little razor like thing to my head.
Speaker 5: I cut my hair off and I didn't. I'm telling it to.
Speaker 2: Made me cry, made us both cry that day.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 2: We like it was one of.
Speaker 3: Them really, like you you you understand, like it was all hard day of practice, but it was hard on purpose, Like you know you just.
Speaker 2: Need them hard days. Well you know you're gonna get pushed to.
Speaker 3: The point me, this joker broke rying after practice, Like it was really one of them practices.
Speaker 2: This joker called me. She called me, facetimed me.
Speaker 3: She's in a Bathtom with the clippers.
Speaker 5: She like, just cut it.
Speaker 3: I said, you know, my friend, let that smoke got it cut it and all of a sudden, it wass let it go, friend, let it go be free. So I cut it and then I dieded purple. And then everybody was like, do pink. So I did pink, and I was kind of rocking with the pink, you know. The girlies was kind of rock with the pink. And then core was like one day, she said on stream, when we get to like a thousand subscribers, she gonna die her hair whatever colored money is. Yep, And that happened so fast. She had her hair in like a week, not even no cap. And you gotta think about it. When I said that.
Speaker 2: Once again, just talking out loud, not even thinking.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: You gotta stand up.
Speaker 3: We had like we probably maybe are like two ficky subscribers. So I'm like, yeah, when we get to a thousand, whatever your hell of color is, that's what I'll do.
Speaker 5: Bro.
Speaker 2: We ain't even go by bro.
Speaker 3: We literally when we hit one case subscribers, we was on the road.
Speaker 2: We was in Seattle.
Speaker 3: We had to order the stuff off of door diash and literally she died my hair in the hotel room.
Speaker 2: You doing stream on stream?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I did it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, multi okay hair styllars.
Speaker 4: So are you gonna keep the pink or do other colors?
Speaker 5: Good question a thing.
Speaker 3: It's like everybody like that made it our brand alone, right.
Speaker 2: Colors, So y'all can stick with it?
Speaker 4: My favorite So I love it, y'all.
Speaker 2: You're gonna make us keep this.
Speaker 3: Quite a few people have been dying their hair pink like you have. Some teammates, some new teammates whose hairs pink.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 2: I saw the game last night.
Speaker 3: Natalie White, who's also a good friend of mine, Mula kicks pink wigs. Everybody's supporting y'all, So I mean we're going crazy.
Speaker 5: I love it for sure.
Speaker 4: Are you going to get the whole team to throw their hair pink?
Speaker 5: That would be.
Speaker 2: We need to. We need to go into playoffs with everybody with on pink.
Speaker 5: We got some forward.
Speaker 2: We gotta have everybody on the pink train by the time we hit the playoffs. I love it.
Speaker 3: So they've been recently tapped in. You mentioned, you know the girlies love the pink. You guys been streaming some of these live dates double date.
Speaker 2: Double day. Okay, how did that come about?
Speaker 5: Chat again?
Speaker 2: We we literally don't come up with none of this.
Speaker 3: We literally just come up and we just put ourselves into situations.
Speaker 2: So what we see more of these double dates on the street.
Speaker 3: I personally truly enjoyed my showing how the ball, but.
Speaker 2: My counterpart over here, I had the opposite experience from me.
Speaker 3: Listeners, if you don't know, I just think I need to get to know people. You know, she is making a stone cold face over here. Shade's all and it's given. It might be just a single date. I'll be there to support. I'll be there to support my friend. It's not for everybody. It's not for everybody.
Speaker 4: Sounds like a nightmare, a nightmare.
Speaker 2: I was on Elm Street, ready cool. I had a ball and we went and play golf and I ask you who won me? A dude.
Speaker 5: We were honest. It was live.
Speaker 3: It was like she beat me, she be me, Thank you, she be me. I ain't gonna lie, she be me. Good job, friend did? Okay, So you guys are in New York. You guys are in indeed for All Star? What's next? Like as far as location, you guys are on a world tour right now? So where are the stuff?
Speaker 5: But is going next? The world tour? And started yet season.
Speaker 3: Right now, the world, after season, we have something to look forward to. Put it on account though, world, I'm excited. Bring your best batties out the stub buzz beat there. Okay, so is there one place you're most excited to visit?
Speaker 2: They said, you don't know a Sunday plan. Yo. They keep telling me leave Heston on the sun.
Speaker 3: So we're going Friday to Monday the brunches and they say, the batties a little brunch.
Speaker 2: Okay, you know what I'm saying. So I gotta be where they at.
Speaker 4: I can't wait for this.
Speaker 3: I mean they're gonna need a show like straight up, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Like live stream, we need a real TV show.
Speaker 2: We love live stream.
Speaker 5: We're gonna up it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, bring the batties out like the the upscale Batties plan.
Speaker 2: Okay, we want the upscale baddies.
Speaker 3: Do big, clear, keep scale, good looking, gets money, match the vibe.
Speaker 2: Thank you got you.
Speaker 3: So, speaking of baddies, listen, y'all, good looking, y'all, get to the money, y'all. Hoopers, tell me I know the baddies are in your dams.
Speaker 2: What is the boldest or craziest dam you've ever received.
Speaker 5: I just got what I just.
Speaker 3: Told you though, and I don't know if y'all want me hold on now, and they keep all translated for the kiss you want to see? Oh I showed, I'm gonna show the room how crazy I'm gonna show crazy these dms get.
Speaker 2: I mean, she she not letting it die.
Speaker 3: And and when I say she in my request, like I ain't even opened it, and she's just keep sing them okay, you can then persistent, we don't you know, like those traits and.
Speaker 2: Women did just.
Speaker 5: What you want.
Speaker 3: It's just like the dams is just it's just too many, Like so what do they need to say to get you to respond? First of all, First of all, your page can't be private because page can click private Like it don't matter though, just as a la okay to see your private I'm gonna write it down for the listeners trying to tie it page.
Speaker 2: I got no good one, no p.
Speaker 5: And then it's like you can't come like too strong.
Speaker 3: You gotta be a little cutey with it, like if you're not qut qsi like give me yeah, we want qt very cutey and very demir. That's exactly what we want anything else. It's usually a three third, no private QC demur. For me, the third would be I don't know if you like have a dog. I want to see you post it ah dog mom?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I like dog moms, single dog moms, single dog mom than you.
Speaker 2: No dogs with your age.
Speaker 3: Do not show no dog with your baby because it ain't nothing here for you. I need your three We already got t shirts. No private QC demir.
Speaker 5: What you need?
Speaker 3: Let me stop searching. No, No, you're good your top three. So three things that they need if they're going to slide?
Speaker 2: Okay, how to gate?
Speaker 3: You gotta look good your profile hold on gotta grab my attention. So if your profile picture ain't like a pressure pack, then I'm probably not even gonna click on the message I got pressure on that makes me click on that message? Is that profile gotta look like a baddy? So that one pressure pack too on a profile picture? Or I'm not even gonna click on your pays for clarity on the profile picture pressure pack on profile number two? Got them you cannot be super duper aggressive, But nine times out of ten, most of the baddies don't even be aggressive. They want to be so cute and simple in the DM soft. Yeah, it don't even be soft. It's just be like lame, like hey, or like qtie or like emosis like. Batties don't send much because they know they bad me not too much.
Speaker 2: They don't. I'm telling you what they do.
Speaker 5: They don't bro they having master plan. You know what they don't do and.
Speaker 2: Say because they know they don't got to do or say too much.
Speaker 5: Period.
Speaker 3: That's who bump and number three. I would say in my d M s mm hm, you want me to tell the truth. Does you gotta be gay? I don't play them by games now if you if you play the by games, that's your bases. But for me personally, I need you to be gay, period and them my three g and you gotta to be gay the period plus.
Speaker 2: All right, y'all got that on a pressure pack on the profile.
Speaker 5: Too soft.
Speaker 2: Batties don't do too much three gay?
Speaker 3: Thank you talk to my period no questions and you don't have a chance with me. Hey, you have a chance to go onto the next show. Thanks by the stuff.
Speaker 2: Send DMS.
Speaker 1: Okay, I have some college and basketball questions for you guys, So I'm curious to know what were your college experiences like and more specifically or your senior years, Like, like, I'm going into my last year at UKON, do you have any advice for me going into it?
Speaker 3: Man, I would say, my senior year changed everything for me, So just go out there and kill your you know what to do? You be hooping, I would just say, go into it having the utmost confidence. When you have that confidence in yourself, I feel like it really shows and that carries you feel me and it's gonna make your team confident. When you confident everybody around you're gonna be confident.
Speaker 2: This is your last one.
Speaker 3: When I tell you, I look back at college, and I'd be like, Bro, I had the most fun I ever had in college. Bro, So like this your last year, bro, go out with a bang. Cuse, I promise you when they really say your own get that time back.
Speaker 2: You about to be a real deal adult. Like the relationships is.
Speaker 3: Just different and not saying like I mean I'm lucky enough to have found me a best friend as an adult, but it's like different relationships that you build in college, bro, Like I ain't gonna say they ain't gonna lash, but as you get grown, like I damn near. Don't talk to none of my team for real that I went to college with. You know what I'm saying, Like I have a couple of people I might speak to here and there, but that bond that you have when you just there with them, it just get different when you get grown, because everybody gotta go on their own shepherd passion. I'll just say, man, tea up, enjoy it, don't take it for granted. And like you said, man go out there and kill.
Speaker 1: Wait going back on that confidence, when you guys were talking about your practice that was this year, right, you're talking about practice when you guys cried after When you have a practice like that, like, how do you then bounce back and die?
Speaker 4: Your hair pin could become the stud buds.
Speaker 2: I cut my hair off, I took, I took all the energy and I dropped it.
Speaker 3: I said, all right, new day, and then I feel like Eminem and I was out here flying.
Speaker 2: That's it on me.
Speaker 3: Well, for me, I ain't cut my head, I ain't had no hell, but I couldn't cut it. Oh, but for me, it was just I really just called my dog like after game, I mean after practices, even gangs too, like when you have like a rough one you got. I feel like you got to call the people that can really relate to you, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So it's like we both point guards.
Speaker 3: We both got cussed out all practice, so it's like, bro, like, man, they was tripping on us today, you know what I'm saying, Like we gotta just talk to each other to just be like allright, bro.
Speaker 2: Like so like maybe.
Speaker 3: We was tripping out sometimes, but they gave us too much. I feel like just leaning on it, you know what I'm saying, leaning on your people.
Speaker 5: Our whole call minus Corny all day.
Speaker 3: All day, all day. We see each other all day and all day call logan. I said, this might as well be my girlfriend. All right, just yell, we're not stud but because.
Speaker 2: Could they be playing with us?
Speaker 4: Because I don't you never thought about it.
Speaker 2: We gotta be clear, bro, because they'll be like, you're secretly in love. No we're not.
Speaker 3: Okay, I got a new list number four for both of them. Feminine presenting women, no studs. Yeah that's the criteria, ya, point excelation point A couple of you can be like a little tumb like but girly.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying like you want to put like on a cod.
Speaker 2: Like like you know what I say. I don't even really care for that. I need you bad, No, I don't even want to. I don't even want to right there. I need you all the way.
Speaker 3: On the other side, I don't tends though. Okay, so I need a bro, my bro, but you gotta be my bro. Can you come hang with me and.
Speaker 2: A batty bro?
Speaker 3: A batty bro someone who could get rebounds but still killed the red carpet exactly like when you come, they like, who is that?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 3: If I take you to the gym or or I got to be able to bring you around the boys.
Speaker 2: Oh I don't that ain't my cup of tea twains. She wants all the way batty. I want you in some heills. Baby.
Speaker 3: I don't even want you knowing about basketball. I don't even want you to know about the sport.
Speaker 2: What is a rebound? Let you know.
Speaker 3: I'll explain basketball to you, but I don't want you to know no players.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, I like that.
Speaker 3: I like mine fresh fresh. I don't want you to know nothing about the sport.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm tea am I liing she is not lying.
Speaker 3: All they know anything about basketball, nothing nothing. All my exes they have known nothing about basketball. I don't even play.
Speaker 5: I don't even you don't even die.
Speaker 2: Outside the pool. I want my girl introduced for the first time when she walking here.
Speaker 5: We never met her whoever, nobody knows her.
Speaker 3: No Yo, that part okay, right, hold on, yeah the list, all right, fresh meat, thank you.
Speaker 4: Fresh me me.
Speaker 5: Brand new.
Speaker 2: What's the basketball question mark? Rebounds, rebound?
Speaker 5: You're a point? What a point?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 5: What's that?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: What was your transition like to the league, because I feel like college to the W is so different. You kind of already touched on that like just a relationship piece, but what was that transition?
Speaker 3: Like, I mean, I feel like the transition is fast, like I don't even I didn't even finish school yet, and then I go to training camp. So for me, I feel like in in the W compared to colleges, college is like they're gonna slow down for you, make sure you learn everything, like you know, I have everything understood, like when you get to the W and like training camp, they not slowing down for you. Days on the agenda, a schedule, a day, like you know what I'm saying. So it's like when you just don't start to understanding thing, I hate to say it like this, that's when you get cut. Like if you left behind, you gonna cut. They just keep on moving forward and like fast. So I would say that was the biggest adjustment, just having like grass graphs like everything really fast, like watch more film and like really like talk to my coaches and.
Speaker 5: Teammates and all that. I had this one though, so she taught me everything. I know everything.
Speaker 2: Yes, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, I ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 3: For me, it was like it was like really starting over again because like, you know, you the man in college, right like, So unless you unless you come into like Brown and stool Age Wilson Page like right like, because that means the team got adjust.
Speaker 2: To you, you number one draft pick.
Speaker 3: But if you kind of fall into like everybody else, it's kind of like I ain't gonna say you in jeopardy, but you gotta hope that you're in the best situation possible.
Speaker 2: So for me, I got drafted first round eighth pick.
Speaker 3: I went to a team where they had just got DT back. They got the whole starting five back that won him a championship. So the team I went to wasn't really worried about their rookies. They weren't really worried about like, Okay, we want our rookies. They was like, nah, we got our core group and we're trying to win again this year. Right. So I was on that bench some time, and mind you, like I'm killing in practice, but that don't matter because sometimes when it comes to that league, it's like it's really you gotta wait your time, you know what I'm saying. So for me, like I'm getting in the game like thirty seconds of like a men in left, like I ain't play when I was in Phinish straight up, like I did not get no tick. Thank god, another team saw valuing me, so they traded me to Connecticut and then that's when I actually got an opportunity. And even in my opportunity, like I'm a score you feel me. When I got my opportunity there, I was like, man, let me just go get youse folks a rebound. Let me do you know what I'm saying, Like, let me just build some type of trust. So, like I didn't get in the game there and was like, oh, let me start shooting this thing I got in the game. I was like, all right, I'm gonna go try and get us an extra possession. I'm gonna go try and get us an extraal rebound. I'm gonna play hardest hell on defense, right like I'm trying to do the things that I'm like, all right, somebody gonna want me on.
Speaker 2: This floor if I'm doing these things.
Speaker 3: And then you know, you get a wide open shot, boom, you got knocked that down, layup, you got you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So I would just say that transition, like.
Speaker 3: Really, it's more mental than anything, you know what I'm saying, because like physically, you gonna be in the best shape of your life because coming straight out of college, I promise you.
Speaker 2: When I got a train to camp, I'm like.
Speaker 3: Wow, this is easy, Like this is it like practice over like them running sixteens twenty two's like.
Speaker 2: You don't do none of that in a bro Like it ain't even really good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm over God, No, it's over, like all that conditioning, like we we pros now. So it's like you you your own disciplinary, you know what I'm saying, Like you you the person I gotta hold yourself accountable. Like if you want to stay in shape and you feel like you ain't get enough run and practice, you gotta go get that word, you know what I'm saying. Like, so I would just say, like I said, it's just more mental. You gonna physically be in amazing shape. Damn, they're probably in better shape than most of the league, you know what I'm saying. Just being a buck, But you got to just make sure you stay locked in mentally because you could potentially, you know what I'm saying, get hit with some adversity, but you cold you'll get through it.
Speaker 4: How you stay locked in mentally.
Speaker 1: You guys didn't have each other right away, so like who you talk to? I.
Speaker 2: Oh nah, Well for me, it was like I don't know, twin.
Speaker 3: I just believe in myself, you know what I'm saying, Like I wish I could tell you any other way, cause I ain't have nobody coaching me up. I ain't have nobody being like, oh, you're gonna be all right. Like it was just me like, man, I know these folks ain't better than me. Like I'm watching these games. I ain't know what I could do. I know if they put me out there, I know I'm gonna cook the ass. But when I finally got out there, I told you what I did. I was like, all right, I know what I gotta do. I gotta do something different that they not doing that's gonna keep me on the flow. So, like I said, all of this is really just mental.
Speaker 2: Like if you.
Speaker 3: Tell yourself, oh, I ain't good enough, then you ain't gonna be good enough. You might mess around get cut. But if you keep telling yourself like many girls, I'm I'm here for a reason. He girls ain't messing with me. And this is another thing, the biggest thing. Do what got you drafted? No, I'm serious, somebody told me this and it's a big thing. Don't get into the league trying to do things that didn't get you drafted. If you a shooter and you got drafted.
Speaker 2: For shooting, then shoot.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, Like, don't get to the league and now you want to start driving and passing, and like, if you got drafted to shoot the three ball, then shoot the three ball.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, Don't turn down threes because that's what got you drafted.
Speaker 5: You feel what I'm saying right doing?
Speaker 2: Thank you?
Speaker 1: No, that's a good one. Coach says that too. Actually, like what we recruit you here for.
Speaker 4: That's a good one.
Speaker 2: Telling you that's a real thing.
Speaker 3: I mean that Yukon to the league pipeline is heavy, so he knows a little something.
Speaker 2: So so what got me drafted? Okay, I ain't even play for him? I just play it again for real?
Speaker 5: Eyes on you? You cook against you? Hello?
Speaker 3: What they sure she got to be a pro show? That is the only thing I got me drafted. Thank you, shout out, shout out Geno, bro, thank you Gino.
Speaker 2: I like you, boy.
Speaker 1: What's the best arena to playing? Who's the obviously besides links fans? Who is the best fans?
Speaker 2: Mmm?
Speaker 5: I like Phoenix got some good fans.
Speaker 2: I ain't gonna lie. You know who who was bushing this year fifteen?
Speaker 3: One time they scored one bucket, it felt like the arena was erupted.
Speaker 2: Rumbling, man, they they got to jumping. I ain't gonna lie. I want to go there.
Speaker 4: It looks fun.
Speaker 1: Fans ever said crazy stuff to you guys, like during games, like how crazy?
Speaker 5: Like super crazy or just like talking trash.
Speaker 3: Either you heard what you heard because I'd be talking. Yeah, I was just telling the New Yorkers last night they quiet in here right now.
Speaker 5: Oh my goodness, y'all was.
Speaker 2: My quiet last night? I told all the fans as the clock.
Speaker 3: Was as the clock was winding, we wont what did I say? It's real quiet in here right now. I don't hear not hear nothing.
Speaker 2: I don't have a word, A pete, a mouse, a rat.
Speaker 5: I don't nothing.
Speaker 2: Not too much, not too much on us.
Speaker 3: Okay, I definitely heard a rat because there's more. Okay, they won't ran on them.
Speaker 4: Do you guys talk trasher in games?
Speaker 2: What you do?
Speaker 1: Of course, But just like no one says anything to you just started out, you just start talking.
Speaker 2: You have to say nothing to me to get me going.
Speaker 3: You can literally say nothing to me to get me look at you. You don't have to look at me. Playing the ball goes up? Right, Yeah, I go, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: I feel like I don't talk till I get talked to.
Speaker 3: But it's like already got them in my back pocket ready, So it's like you don't even want to do that. You don't even want to do that. Just like I scored on somebody, it would be like on something real deal and that defense could be good. And if I sco, I be like, you can't guard me, y'all need to sub them, switch out, switch them out.
Speaker 2: Because she can't guard me.
Speaker 3: I'll be saying that that practice too, I practice with them, don't I be doing that all that practice?
Speaker 5: No practice.
Speaker 2: She took it that way. I'm saying, like, I like I practice at practice.
Speaker 5: She knows how she played, she talked, how any everything.
Speaker 3: So I don't say this for the first time in games already done tried.
Speaker 2: She tried this trash talk.
Speaker 3: Already, she's gonna bring it back for the game and see how it worked exactly.
Speaker 4: So is it just you can't guard me, or like, do you get personal?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: Oh, that's a good question.
Speaker 3: I don't never get purt because I don't really know too much about these folks. But like, okay, for example, like with you in page, I would definitely talk some trash like you need to get your girlfriend because you can't guard me. Like I say, you don't like that, But I was saying, my trash talk don't be on something like let's fight.
Speaker 2: My trash talk always be on something like step your game up. No, not even that.
Speaker 3: It's just like it's comical oh like folks, folks on my body for real. So like my trash talk don't even be on all like ah, like something like at trashop at trash talk, give like you gonna make me really like you know what I'm saying, my trash talk be on more of like court shut up, guys. You know what I'm saying Like that lighthearted but she mean it. Yeah, yeah, you hit it right on the head.
Speaker 2: That's exactly what it is.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 1: So you guys are fifteen and one at home this season? What makes it so hard for other teams to play guys at home? I mean, you guys are a great team no matter where you play.
Speaker 3: But I don't feel like Cheryl emphasizes that like big, like we're at home, like we cannot play around at home like this, These are the games that we need to be winning. This is what's gonna you know what I'm saying, set us up for everything that we got going on.
Speaker 5: It's like she really be taking pride in it.
Speaker 3: It's like when Cheryl do her speeches like me and Corney had to talk about it, like by the time you about to go play a game, like you ready to run.
Speaker 2: Through a wall for a wall like she is, so like she just gets you going. She need to be a motivational speaker. When she's done coaching exactly, she'd be going crazy for real.
Speaker 3: So I feel like that's just a big emphasis for her, and she'd have had hanshow and that just trickles down on us. You feel me and also feel like you know, you get to stay on your same routine like when you at home, Like when you traveling, things are different.
Speaker 2: When you at home. It's like I can sleep in my own bed, I can eat the food that I usually eat, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: And then like in front of your home court, so like you know, you got the momentimum the fans, so like you never really feel like I feel like when you play it at home, you never really feel like you you out of it, you know what I'm saying. And I feel like our teamsay take so much pride, like she said, really anywhere we at, but really at home, we just take too much pride, and like getting dead in in front of our fans.
Speaker 4: Minnesota games are fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I believe we'll be turned.
Speaker 4: Yeah in Court's dad at the games, he's like he always.
Speaker 3: What I got that man starting the waves now, bro a little bit, but say they be asking him to do it now bro, he don't one.
Speaker 2: I believe the party.
Speaker 4: I'd asked him.
Speaker 2: He wanted to one.
Speaker 3: Girl, your dad gonna be there. Don't worry, tim absolutely life of the party.
Speaker 5: I need o dads to me.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that'll be turned. My dad love it here. I said, I want to meet all the dad god club. But he's days. I want to meet all the dads in a w man because like we gotta build some man.
Speaker 5: My dad, what's to say?
Speaker 2: I think he says the teacher's daddy or something. Where'd you get this?
Speaker 5: What he says? And then they said, they said they get he's dead. They said, I love him.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's my last baseball question, I think, But what are your guys thoughts in the DNA trade and all the trades that have been happening recently.
Speaker 2: Come on, now, jesus, bro, let me just say this.
Speaker 3: I don't even know what Dallas was thinking giving DJ up like that, because she done made us like.
Speaker 2: All right, you do the math, what's two plus two four? Thank you?
Speaker 5: Straight up?
Speaker 3: DJ, and as done made us a different animal because Now we could take Mac off of guard and the best players. Now when it's like all right, Mac can start there. But by the time you put DJ and A in the game, now she can guard the shabrin us. Now she can guard to Kelsey plumps and you're putting size on them as well.
Speaker 2: D ain't no pushover. So Matt what and her energy?
Speaker 1: Her?
Speaker 2: She just playing so hard like she.
Speaker 3: Just been in with all of us, because man, we all play hard and we take pride in our d Like we're the number one defensive team in the league for a reason. Could we take pride in it? So you bring on somebody who's first team all defensive man Dallas crazy.
Speaker 2: Four Bully. Yeah, I ate that. Yeah, I ate that. We never practiced exclusive.
Speaker 5: What the fud of the week?
Speaker 3: So what the fun of the week is something that happened this week that might be super crazy or interesting, and each week we highlight that.
Speaker 2: So for me, my what the fud of the week is?
Speaker 3: A little baby on the aces like floor took its first steps. It was like a baby race, and you know, the parents are set up on each side of the court, and the baby literally stood up and started walking over to its mom.
Speaker 5: We was there.
Speaker 2: That was that was our game. Come on, twin, that was our that was our games when we saw it in.
Speaker 5: The locker room.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeahpose be locked in.
Speaker 3: Came so they had a TV other Okay, okay, but yeah, that was definitely my what the fund of the week?
Speaker 2: What about you guys?
Speaker 4: Mm hmm what the fund is?
Speaker 3: Mean?
Speaker 2: Green? That's crazy? That was too too many of them? Yeah, that was saying one.
Speaker 3: Was too many too was outrageous, yeous, And it was like, okay, I'm not even gonna lie. The first one was funny, but then after that it just done got lame because it's like, all right, bro, the first one was funny because that was just random mistelle and it was just like.
Speaker 2: Wow, why that's what we're doing.
Speaker 3: But then after more people started doing it's like all right, bro, you're a copycattery. You're laying now like that's lane. Now you feel me like if you wasn't the first to do it, don't be the second or third man. That's the lane and it's gross, Like I mean, I'm sure it's new, you know.
Speaker 1: Okay, next game we're gonna play to see it with a z and Ashanti. We're gonna go how well do you know each other? We're gonna ask questions about yourselves. You're gonna write down the answer, and then you have to say what you think the other person wrote down.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, all right.
Speaker 4: First question, if you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Speaker 3: See your bar and I'm trying mind right way, So I'm writing down where I won't be what I think she want to be.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, you write down what you what your answer is, and then you're gonna guess the other person, so you can't I like that.
Speaker 2: Okay, let me say it again. I need to write down where I want to live if I could live anywhere in the world.
Speaker 5: Yes, anywhere like or in the US? Like are you crazy here? Or are we just being simple?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Is your answer Florida.
Speaker 5: That they got it going right? All right?
Speaker 2: And then I'm gonna go Green Bay.
Speaker 5: Wait out actually.
Speaker 2: Being being one point? I'm impressed now, yeah, definitely impressed.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 4: Next, what's your most used catchphrase?
Speaker 2: I don't even know my own catchphrase? Just write down what you was gonna put down, Kyrie, know what you put down?
Speaker 5: You barely You don't got no catch phrases like that I'm gonna do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't got no, don't. I'm just going no, I didn't go with anyone with the other one.
Speaker 5: The second one.
Speaker 2: Okay, well you yeah, yours is yours is believe it, believe it.
Speaker 5: What's your second catch phrase that I used?
Speaker 2: Straight up? Two points? We need like a hard one or something.
Speaker 4: All right, what's your go to pizza topping?
Speaker 5: Okay, HER's is Pepperoni?
Speaker 2: Correct? Okay, she got that right, she said Pepperoni. I mean what's yours? We ate, We both ate pepperoni, Peperoni. Okay, okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 4: Next question, what is your biggest pet?
Speaker 5: Peeves?
Speaker 2: Okay, I know your pet bee. Yeah, I don't even know my own.
Speaker 3: Damn.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: You don't have one.
Speaker 3: I don't really got That's what I'm saying. I can't think nothing, not that, not to a point. She always needs a toothpick ortick. I'm just name hers because I know her pet be okay, just right down, right, down right down. You want me to write mine, honestly, I'm gonna write yours.
Speaker 2: Down to Oh my goodness, and wait, wait, wait for the listeners for the listeners. Let me read it three herds.
Speaker 3: When people get in the elevator without letting me out and what I wrote elevator See when people don't let her out in the elevator before they try and get up, like a rushing in the elevator, I'll have.
Speaker 5: To get out.
Speaker 2: Like what are you doing?
Speaker 5: Rude girl?
Speaker 2: You would hate to get it to me in New York.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they're rude the subway.
Speaker 4: Who takes longer to get ready?
Speaker 3: Wolf?
Speaker 5: See this is are we talking about showering and getting ready?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: Are we talking about like after the game?
Speaker 5: When are we talking here?
Speaker 2: You don't matter it really do Yeah? Talking about after a game? Going now, going out.
Speaker 5: Going out?
Speaker 2: Okay, reveal They both said, after a game, the.
Speaker 3: Game is me because I sit there because I gotta sit there first and block everybody, so I know I'm the.
Speaker 2: Last because I parlay block. I gotta I gotta block. I can say sounding good about a part. You're getting blocked. Don't come in my DM talk about no party. I don't even care if I made your money block talking.
Speaker 3: About do not damn Corney Williams about no parlay ever, it's an automatic block, automatic block pod.
Speaker 4: What's the weirdest thing you do when you think no one's watching.
Speaker 5: I don't know. I know watching.
Speaker 2: I don't know what to do when I ain't watching.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 4: Next, if you could eat only one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Speaker 5: I'm all right, mine, I don't know what you what do? I always order?
Speaker 2: I do know, But you're writing yours?
Speaker 5: Yeah, writing mind, and I know yours.
Speaker 3: I know you do.
Speaker 4: Not able to go together?
Speaker 5: All right? Tell you Corney's first. But she's still writing.
Speaker 2: I know because it's a full it's a meal, girl, Yeah, it goes, it goes, all right. I know tea's teas has to be and if I get there wrong, I do not know. Oh, and it says Abachi, all right, what's mine?
Speaker 3: Corn is baked chicken, magan cheese, cabbage, rice and cornba Oh my goodness, to a tea.
Speaker 4: No, like, not in the same order.
Speaker 2: However, she got every.
Speaker 3: Single answer correct, literally, And I'm actually shook right now because I.
Speaker 5: Need to type it with my best friend.
Speaker 3: Y'all know, there's no way I'd get this right. Me and my best friend would disappoint each other, like let each.
Speaker 2: Other down in this moment. That's great, that's incredible.
Speaker 4: Who's more likely to get lost without a GPS?
Speaker 2: This is tough because it's never been in this situation before we got one.
Speaker 5: Let's just go with what I think it was more likely to be lost.
Speaker 2: Oh, this is the first one they got wrong each other. I would use the sun as guiding.
Speaker 3: I would just ask people, so I ain't get a lot because I'm gonna just ask everybody who around while I'm.
Speaker 2: At and I would literally just ask them that I'm going.
Speaker 5: Don't worry though, We'll never be lost.
Speaker 2: We got a phone. Oh I think you said we have each other?
Speaker 5: We got we got to.
Speaker 4: Okay, if you had a superpower, what would it be?
Speaker 2: I really don't notice about you.
Speaker 3: So I'm just gonna throw one out in the hell and just say you want to teleport? Wow?
Speaker 2: No, really what you said? Oh close about you? So Court said teleport. I don't know that telepath?
Speaker 5: What you mean? You mean that you teleport? Telepath?
Speaker 2: Telepath is like the mind speaking to each other. You mean teleport?
Speaker 3: You know that because we'd be so aggravated traveling and we'd be like, bro, you could just jump down, it'll be great.
Speaker 2: So I know you want this Okay, so.
Speaker 5: They got it right.
Speaker 2: We're gonna give We're gonna get semantics, semantics.
Speaker 1: So you got one raw, barely barely. Wait, I have one more random question for a Courtney that popped in my head. So all starm you fell asleep on TikTok or someone was streaming you fell sleep on TikTok and it was like a TikTok if you dance and edit patient.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I literally wasn't watching it. I think it was like, you know how, like you would be on a on her. Yeah, you are knocked out, phone in hand with it, just on the PJ.
Speaker 3: Right, Oh my god, she was bro one. Okay, let me be a buck. I was still drunk by the time I got on a PJ. I missed the buds.
Speaker 2: I got on the PJ, I was still no let's I want to tell the full story because it's time for us to leave.
Speaker 5: It's eight fifty.
Speaker 3: We gotta be out there at nine am. Sure runs a tight ship around here, you feel what I'm saying. I heard Corney is nowhere to be found. I'm gonna just keep it a buck.
Speaker 5: I packed her bags for her.
Speaker 2: I packed and everything just in case she made it.
Speaker 3: Right. So then I get down there and you know, everybody like, where's Corney, where's your other budd It's not the stud budds.
Speaker 5: Where's your So I'm like, oh, I'm looking at the cloud. I'm like, yeah, I don't know. I'm like, I don't think. I don't think Corney's gonna make it.
Speaker 3: So then they're like, well, do you want to go tell show or you want us to? I said, I said, I got it. I said, Cheryl, We're just gonna catch our own flight back. She was like, so you're not coming with us? I said, I'm not gonna leave my butt like that dog. Cheryl pulled off, but then came back. Wasn't down there either, so she came back.
Speaker 2: Saved the day.
Speaker 3: She gave Corney more time because like they was gonna leave us, but came, yeah, that's too much. So finally came back, come, Corney, Come, we still get to get on the PJ.
Speaker 5: So we get on the PJ and she she's just she gonna lay. It's like a little bed on the PJ.
Speaker 2: She's flat.
Speaker 3: I look back because I'm like, right here, I look back. She sleep, phone in hand, phone on, still.
Speaker 2: Sleep, scrolling, just scrolling.
Speaker 3: Really, I ain't even know what was going on, but I'm telling you, bro Fee, that was funny that it landed on y'all.
Speaker 2: Though on y'all and she stays sleep like that she didn't want to wake up.
Speaker 5: Tell them what happened with.
Speaker 3: We were landed in Minnesota? Bro, Like I, Bro, I don't remember nothing, That's what I'm saying. I really was still toasted.
Speaker 2: We land bro. Apparently t came to come waiting me up, sid get out my face. I'm literally rubbing her back like I'm getting her stuff, rubbing her back.
Speaker 5: I'm my friend. Come on, we made it.
Speaker 2: Lest you get on my things.
Speaker 5: Stop see I'm serious.
Speaker 3: So I said, you know, I looked at the little people who was working on the airplane. I said, y'all got her.
Speaker 2: So apparently the people try to get me a tool, and I dubbed them tools.
Speaker 5: So guess what Cheryl. Cheryl said this. She gave me her back back.
Speaker 2: She said, hold this tea goes up there.
Speaker 3: I'm watching her. I said, this is gonna go one of two ways. They came off the plane smiling though Cheryl, okay, she did the same thing. She did roll my back and I said, man, come on, bro, I don't feel like playing.
Speaker 2: She said, I'm not playing. We're here, Courtney Ghetto, I said, Cheryl. She said, I gettle. I said, all right, to get me about it. We made it, we did, we did.
Speaker 6: Okay, last question, last question, that's the last friend, wrap wrap it up after all right?
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 1: Dna said that she's a femb bud with her pink hair. I was wondering if China I could also be thumb buds with you.
Speaker 5: Guys.
Speaker 2: We welcome we especially m M buds, are welcome.
Speaker 3: That bud.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, cool, appreciate.
Speaker 2: You so welcome to the bugs. The proud member.
Speaker 5: Hey, thank you.
Speaker 2: We appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Okay, everyone that's going to do it for another episode of futt Around and find Out. We want to thank the stud buds for coming on and having fun with us, and as always, remember to rate, review, and subscribe to fut Around and find Out wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 4: We'll see you guys next week.
Speaker 1: Futt Around and find Out is a production of iHeart Women's Sports and Unanimous Media. Executive producers are Jesse Katz, Eric Peyton, Charla Sumter Brugette, and Stephan Curry. Co executive producer is Kalana Maria Cutney. Producers are Mike Costcarelli, and co producers are Kurt Redmond, Maya Howard, and Jacquelin Schwaninger. This podcast is edited by Mike Coscarelli and hosted by me Aisy Fudd and Ashanti Plummer