Speaker 1: And now welcome to part two of a most illustrious episode of the Victory Light Podcast starring The Kid Marrow, The Human Do Rag.
Speaker 2: Flap, Liz Bell, Ortiz La Ma.
Speaker 1: Tatana, Randie Omaye, The Rap, Gody app God, the Acoholics Makes Tape coming soon, and guest starring none other than Cheen and Thompson.
Speaker 2: So jumping around.
Speaker 3: We was talking about kids before and Father's Day and uh, you know, being things, doing things for your kids, you know what I'm saying, or children in general, not just your kids, kids in general.
Speaker 2: You got the book Unfunny Bunny, let's go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's listen.
Speaker 2: You can go on to the incident right now and pre order it.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: You can use a computer like my kid does to write me lettuce, or you can use it to write pre order Unfunny Bunnies right now.
Speaker 4: Two different ways to use a computer.
Speaker 2: Funny buddy mind sweeper. Also that that's a good one. This is the Washman compensation, right, They're like, what are y'all talking about?
Speaker 4: Yes, funny buddy man, I'm excited. It's my second book, which is what went and honor to be able to say that, but you know, and it was the easiest funniest thing in the world. You know, Like we had an idea probably based on like kind of you know, personal experience or whatever, like putting yourself out there telling jokes, and when they don't land, you know what I'm saying, they can make you, you know, start to question things or whatever, and like it's good to have friends to encourage you. Like that's kind of the story or whatever stuff like that. But I love bad jokes, dad jokes all that. Like nothing funnier than a joke that doesn't work number one, or like a just a in general, like one of those roll your eye jokes. I love that ship, you know what I'm saying, because it comes from such a genuine place. And usually those people that tell those jokes are some of the best people in the world, you know, the guy's neighborhood that's picking up everybody's kids from soccer or whatever and dropping them out, making sure everybody's straight, barbecuing, you know what I mean. There are always those kind of people. So like I love, you know, a good bad joke, there's.
Speaker 2: Something I love it a little bit too, like let let it let man.
Speaker 4: Because they genuinely enjoy them. Ships. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, Yeah.
Speaker 5: My youngest son has told me the same joke like twelve times. He thinks it's incredible.
Speaker 4: He's like that, what do you call a fly without wings?
Speaker 2: And then he goes a walk.
Speaker 4: He'm like, oh my god, that's so excited. Why would you want to strip that?
Speaker 2: Joey?
Speaker 4: Yeah, of course, of course your daughter's help help with with anything in this book. Inspiration was, Yeah, I mean I looking at them go to school, you know what I'm saying, Like I'm always like reliving school through their eyes kind of thing, and just like I like, right now I'm waiting to go pick 'em up, you know, from school, And I'm always just like, so this is what everybody used to do when we were in school, Like everybody would just be out living life and then like checking the time and come back kind of thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just it's just.
Speaker 4: Wild to see the other perspective. So when we were writing classroom scenes and like what it's like to be bullied or made fun of or anything, I'm like always I have them on my mind, you know, because like they're experiencing that like in real time right now, which is it's wild to see, cause like no kid is immune to like the occasional being made fun of or right embarrassing moment or even a moment that just didn't go as plans. So what do you do in those scenarios kind of things? So any kind of book that encourages kids to just continue or like anything like that, if it, if that's what this book does for kids, like that's gonna be the ultimate. You know what I'm saying a.
Speaker 3: Funny because as as a comedian, Yeah, I was about to say, I was like, would you be crushed if they were not funny? Like you know what I'm saying, Like I'm funny as hell, bro, Like I've been doing this so I'm fourteen, bro.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I'm I'm not even really a joke teller. I just enjoy you know, life, and like, yeah, if a happy moment comes out, I like laughing with people kind of thing. Yes, But like I'm not just out to like pursue like the formula of writing a joke kind of shit, you know what I mean. I'm always just quoting some funny shit that I saw kind of thing or whatever, like we used to quote Coming to America or you know whatever, you know, struck us funny As kids so like, I wouldn't be mad if my kids didn't have that necessarily because it's like not a specific gene for me. We just all like giggling, and I see that in them. They like to giggle and they're silly. So like I'm happy for that, okay.
Speaker 3: Because I'm like, yo, because my kids be like so my oldest son, he's he's just starting.
Speaker 2: To get funny. Yeah, and I'm like, oh, oh.
Speaker 6: This is oh the geneus active, Like Yo, what's happening.
Speaker 2: It's happening, like Yo, sit again what you say? And I'm like, oh, this ship, this was funny. Bro, I understood this reference, Like.
Speaker 4: Know that's real comedic things, that that's a comedic brand. Like I'm an actor who happens to do a lot of funny shit, Like I've always been the comedic relief and comic relief and things. But you know, I grew up doing man serious plays. Like in high school, we wrote our own plays and they were about like South Africa and apart tid and like teen age and like all this other like super yeah in high school, bro, you know what I mean. So I grew up like doing Nickelodeon and stuff like that. And then my hometown at the same time was real just College Park, you know what I'm saying. It's like real like issues going on, like teenagers. It's not Nickelodeon in Orlando, you know what I'm saying. So like that dynamic, I don't know. I've always just had like myself to kind of like deal with these like am I gonna be an actor? Am I gonna be a comedian kind of thing, you know what I'm saying, And then the common denominators like well, I'm just me at the end of the day always, you know what I'm saying, So I like, yeah, I don't necessarily do stand up like that, so like I don't overly consider myself to be a comedian, you know what I'm saying, Like, I'm just which gives me, I think, the calm to just be like chill, you know what I'm saying. I can we can go there, we can get funny. We can like if we pounce on something that's making us die laughing, we'll you know, dissect that thing for an hour, you know what I'm saying, and just continue that. And then at the same time, if you know, a serious moment arizes, then I can be intelligent enough to have a conversation that's intelligent or whatever, and that's smart or whatever, and further along conversations and all that kind of stuff. So I like being versatile like that, Like a lot of stand ups are hyper focused on stand up, you know what I'm saying, like cause you just not yeah, or like being the guy that like has to like out of everybody, you know what I mean, and if they're not getting that energy that they check out kind of shit, you know what I mean. I never wanted to be that person.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna lie I would.
Speaker 5: There are very few things I wouldn't do. To read the Keenan Thompson Mandela biopic from high School.
Speaker 2: Because that's.
Speaker 4: And these were like shows that I didn't even really get a chance to perform like that. It was just like a lot of rehearsal time. Then I would have to leave and go shoot some shit or whatever and they would perform when I was gone. So like the one play we wrote was called Sweto Soweto A Township is Calling, which is like about a like a township and like the kids living there kind of based off of Saraphina. If y'all ever saw Bopa and like all these other like South like heavy heavy, heavy stories. And these are sixteen seventeen year old kids like the musicals, by the way, saying they wrote.
Speaker 7: Stop all the musical musical Nickelodeon tanks with rocks like motion wow, moments like getting shot, like they all get they all get killed at the end, like going up against the army type illes is bro that then I would run and go do fucking Pierre.
Speaker 4: Super you know what I mean. So it's nice to be able to do both and be aware. But like man if I was just a dramatic actor, that would be like a heavy existence, you know what I'm saying, Just like hyper focusing on heavy heavy topics.
Speaker 5: See now we got to write the we gotta write the Hotel Rwanda musical bro Yo, the US we gotta do.
Speaker 2: I listen the blood.
Speaker 4: Diamonds, Blood diamond The illest part about blood diamonds him holding that sit in his toes, you know that s Yeah, standing there all day you like.
Speaker 5: Your mind haunts are singing like look at me, what is I have to go to.
Speaker 4: The rest room? Please out my toe.
Speaker 3: We haven't seen oh Man twenty two seasons on this No man, you're the longest running castle.
Speaker 2: The fiftieth aniversary just happened recently.
Speaker 3: As for Dominican people at this table, are you aware of someoneo he Gan?
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, we did the Savage sketch. Marcello brought it back, played the host and all.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes.
Speaker 3: So being part of uh an institution like that, do you think that sn is gonna beat out some of that? He got this my question because some of them did fifty three years.
Speaker 4: Did they Yeah, they got us, They got them, Yeah, they got them. Got because dude is still there, you know what I'm saying. There was so much like mystery about like is he going to retire? He's he gonna do this? And he was like, I'm just not going to answer, And then once he did answer, he was like, no question. I'm like coming back, what are you talking about? So when he's like in no question mode, I feel like he gonna be there till, you know, forever. And he's a wealthy man, so like he stays in good shape, stays eating well, you know what I mean, Like I'm sure he's doctored up, so like he's like he doesn't look like he's three years within the cognitive failure.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, so like it's gonna go for a while. He hit the lip that torch can easily get passed to a Tino or Colin or myself or whatever. Yeah, it'll keep rolling. He hit the i'm, i'm.
Speaker 2: It's being a stand up.
Speaker 3: You say, you don't, you don't put yourself in any type of box, but you did have a Las Vegas residency.
Speaker 4: Here, these are showcases, OK.
Speaker 3: So it's a different So it's a different show every time out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And there was other comics that were just giving platform to other comics, so like I would host maybe the beginning of the run, and then they would run it for weeks and weeks and weeks and now wouldn't necessarily be there. So it's more so just using my voice as a give back or you know, a spring board. But yeah, we've been doing that for years. When my partner Sharia, and she's prolific at finding talent, she's been in the game for forever. Her mentor was Mary Lindsey who discovered Steve Harvey and like pretty much anybody out of Chicago basically or out of the Midwest kind of thing. And that's what she does. That's one of her passions, you know, and just they still rolling to this day. You know, I had to pull back because of this very situation where people think that these are my shows, you know what I'm saying, because they see my name in my face, you know what I mean. They don't read the whole it's Keenan Presents. They don't even read the presents. Party wasn't even presenting it better be himself. A lot of people I would hear that kind of feedback regardless of if they enjoyed the shows. What they usually do, you know what I mean, Like she picks you know, great lineups, and like it's like, yes, they might be green, but like there's usually some really funny people along the way, and like at the end of the show, people like they always enjoyed themselves, you know what I'm saying. Look, they saw at the same time, like I don't do stand up, you know what I mean. It was always one of those things that's like it's kind of wrecking my day, the fact that I gotta go out there, and like even if I gotta do three minutes, you know what I mean, It's just on my mind all day long, you know what I'm saying until it's done, and then I'm like what was I even tripping about? But like I can't flip the coin back and be like all right, I'm gonna start the day without that stuff on my mind. It's just every time I've had to do a stand up thing, like that's what's on my mind. More so probably because I don't practice it that often. It's not so second nature. So I just like it's like a nervous production cause I don't get that from like SML at all, Like like.
Speaker 3: That's to me, that's crazy because this is like, yo, that's live TV.
Speaker 4: And that's just like a cake walk in my opinion, you know what I'm saying. But like that's because I do it right. I have been doing it for so long al right, and.
Speaker 5: Wasn't wasn't all that also in front of a live audience and keenan Kell was also in front of it, like you liter like you you certified for real?
Speaker 2: Like so yeah that's my lane, Yeah stand up.
Speaker 4: Like I'm at the very beginning, I might as well be, you know, going to open mic nights every single time I get up there, even though I've done hours, like I've done an hour at colleges for years. But it's more so like just me telling my story as opposed to like joke formations or anything like that. Like I'm not John Mulaney, you know what I'm saying, Like I'm I'm Keenanes and yeah, yeah, and that's it's cool, especially if like I used to do a Q and A, which I thought was exciting, but then I started noticing more fuckers be leaving. It feels unprepared, you know what I'm saying. You show for you, but anytime, like I've done it all the way out, then that's that's a show, you know what i mean. It feels like you know, official, But yeah, no, I would. I would. I've always respected stand up, you know what I mean. I loved it because I grew up watching Bill Cosby himself was the first one, and then Eddie and then you know, going back and looking at Richard and Ship like that, and then thinking about Carlage and carry Anybody's time on State, Damon Wentz, whoever, like hit the stage and was doing it and then they launched them into their career. I've always had the Upmo Martin Dave Chappelle, like super respect for all of it. I just have never had the time to like live that life to build up into like a real stand up comic, so I don't necessarily consider myself that, you know. Actor.
Speaker 2: I was like, Yo, I'm sorry on you. That was for you.
Speaker 6: I'm like, I'm.
Speaker 2: Broke time Karate's kit got there. The fly was just like the fly was like, oh shy keenan Domson, y'all, what's u.
Speaker 4: A man?
Speaker 2: That's my gun right there? You don't get it?
Speaker 4: You do?
Speaker 2: Like the that was the moment that that was? That was you waiting like that, go on to crack that flies?
Speaker 4: Wake up?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 2: What are you talking about? Live?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 2: I was left wrong? You ever?
Speaker 4: You ever?
Speaker 5: These these are the experiences that like that, like like keep us you know what I'm saying like that, like that, like we relate to each other about like like falling asleep. You ever turned your grandma's TV off and she she.
Speaker 4: Waiting right up? Yeah? She wake up?
Speaker 2: Cut just watching.
Speaker 4: It's our noise machine. Noise machines came out. It would like, because that's how I sleep. I wake up and the TV has turned itself off, and like depending on how much I'm waking up, like I could be up for a while now that I notice that there's silence. Yeah yeah, and I'm like I gotta get up and like pick something else, like then I'm gonna really be up type shit, come on, Like I get it. Man.
Speaker 2: I had NBA TV on a loop and I'm good.
Speaker 4: I don't even hear a word.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for hours, Charles just talking about rebounds.
Speaker 4: You just woken up to like loud ass movies like that, seeing the heat when everybody's just gunning at the end, and just being like, oh man, it's the middle of the night, Like this shit is loud, and I didn't hear none of it. I just happened to like roll over and hear the fact that it was happening. I was like, wow, that's that's crazy, like that you just can't hear in your sleep.
Speaker 2: But this crazy it ain't working.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know what the scare, the biggest jump scare when I was sleeping putting on the movie of course, Manchurian Candidate, When.
Speaker 6: Tel hit the table, when Thatel hit the table.
Speaker 5: Yeah, away, it's just me and danzelen room. I don't know why, sleepy brain. I'm like, he's in here.
Speaker 2: I'm listening. I'm listening.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it reminds you of falling asleep in church. Asleep he be in church? Yeah, pitch what was that? Because I'm like, bro, we we in the House of God and you you causing harm to me. It's warm, it's early younger singing. Yeah, I don't understand what y'all talk about. When they started breaking down the Bible and really reading it as a child, I'm like, like, what are these words?
Speaker 2: Like Grandma, I'm I don't know what's going on this.
Speaker 4: Man, You're supposed to be learning like picture stuff, man, wine, and I can't. I'm breaking down. Yeah, man, who what.
Speaker 2: Do you'll want me to drink? Blood?
Speaker 4: What is this?
Speaker 2: They need?
Speaker 5: They need a kids menu with crayons?
Speaker 4: The church? The church, like right, this is how you get Sunday school should be like from the joint. You shouldn't have to go to like adult church until you're an adult because it's too hard man preaching. I fell asleep one time. My mom made me stand up in the middle of church for the rest of the service, standing up like everybody else, sitting down like everybody knew I was on punishment, standing up while the preachers talking, and preachers just kept going Jesus, they knew, they knew you shouldn't have been sleeping Jesus something like she ain't even have to do you.
Speaker 2: Like that's crazy.
Speaker 4: Everybody looking around at everybody, all the moms and.
Speaker 3: Ye then that mother crazy ship is that Mother's Day He came home with the portrait of his mom with horns exactly history piece.
Speaker 4: That's what happens, man, crazy.
Speaker 3: You know, long career, bro, everybody is thirsty for nostalgia. Like, talk to me about what you've seen in the industry as far as like what's changed, what's stayed the same?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Because like I'm not I haven't been in there as long as you, and I've seen like things that I'm like, yeah, I damn. Like when I came in, it was like, Yo, write a good show, get two hundred episodes, get into syndication.
Speaker 2: And chilli, and now that model is completely fried of lictory, like.
Speaker 4: Of lictory, like like like people used to retire off of one show, Like you get one show that runs in this syndication, that's it, you know what I mean? Like you ain't really heard from like besides, like Norman Lear, there wasn't after that era, there wasn't a whole bunch of people that were just like no, I did Friends, Fresh Prints, this, that, and the other deck Those are all my shows, you know what I'm saying, Like because you just don't have to and then all of a sudden, what's really important in life comes to play because most of those people are starting to be middle aged sopranos. Dude only did kind of that in like a little bit of Boardwalk, but like in and out of Boardwalk, you know what I'm saying, like focus on as a pranos. That was a run that was a gone good yea, you know what I'm saying, So any like long version of that, like it's usually like a one and done kind of thing. The dynamics of like getting money has been the biggest change I think. You know what I'm saying. Shit used to be so abundant and now it's so tight in certain places, you know, other places is just like oh yeah, pump all the money into you know whatever type shit. But then if you want to do like a if you wanted to do the Goonies today, you know what I'm saying, And which is like one of the most epic eighties joints there is it probably wouldn't happen because you like, okay, explain it to me, like how many locations and who's in it and blah blah blah. There just a bunch of no names. Like it's a difference and.
Speaker 2: A partnership.
Speaker 4: Yeah, risk taking on storytellers is real tight, you know what I'm saying. But then you have you know, people that are making like four million dollars a month on only fans. Like there's money out there, it's just how it's being used. Basically, it's the biggest difference, I think. Yeah, And then yeah, like you have a four hundred million dollar movie that they consider a flop because they made three hundred right saying, So it's like a hundred million dollar loss at the end of the day, no matter how much it costs or whatever, and how much it made, Like it still made three hundred million, you know what I'm saying. But they calling it an actual flot like the usage of that word and like wordage, you know what I mean, It's a lot more like sinister. It feels like these days, you know what I'm saying, a lot of people are just constantly waiting to take down giants or anybody that's on a pedestal or whatever kind of shit. I mean. At the same time, why would you spend four hundred million dollar? Who on? What? What are you spending four hundred on? You know what I mean? I saw the movie, so I'm like, where exactly did where did it go? I means some people just don't have the numbers. These are the numbers. The numbers are in certain people's hands, and they're not willing to share it on all sorts of basises. Yeah, and it's even yeah, it's tougher, like even when they have the black voices categories. You know what I'm saying, It's like, alright, well all these projects look like they're under budget. Yeah, what I'm saying, so like, how are we supposed to be gaining any sort of traction as far as like what's considered to be dope or cool? At the end of the day, it's like, Okay, yes, you let out a bunch of stories and like there's a bunch of projects that were shot mm, but like what was the real budget and who really did it and who was the pedigree on these things? You know what I'm saying, Like Tyler Perry, like I feel like his shit is just now getting tight, you know what I'm saying. In the beginning, it was like, you know, of like now it's like all his productions are like super thorough, you know what I mean, And it looks, you know, like you can put a Tyler Perry movie next to any other movie and you can't tell it. He doesn't say Tyler Perry presents. Yeah, And like that's the level of you know, equality that we are striving for kind of thing. But equality means financi you know what I mean, more so than anything, because it has to look a certain way, and then you have to be able to hire certain people that are good at what they do. That's why they are expensive. Taji is expensive because she's good at what she does, even though he's the one that's constantly paying her in elevating her a lot of the time. But you know, when she does get an empire or something or you know what I mean, or whatever, she destroys it because she's fantastic and she deserves to be expensive. Kiki should be one of the most expensive people out there, what I mean by long word. So it's just you know, a little more stringent in certain places. It feels like, but they're still ginormous things happening.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean Center is a great example. Like people consider Center as like a fluke or like, yeah, some type.
Speaker 4: Of you know what I mean, like a like a.
Speaker 5: And it's like, nah, like that's just that's just what happens when you let an all tour create.
Speaker 4: Like I feel like Ryan is a student in the game behind Spielberg as far as like highest grossing for sure, And that's incredible because he's done that in five movies. You know what I'm saying. Spielberg's got thirty or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, you know.
Speaker 4: I mean it's it's like if if I had the same amount of like movie industry money that Sam Jackson had made, you know what I'm saying, because like he's been in every billion dollar thing that ever has been and then I came behind and like happened to be in like four or five choice joints that did the same amount of numbers. Kind of shit, Like that's what's happening with Ryan Cooper. So he deserves that that credit. Like these ain't flukes. That man is dope and he knows what's appealing to his audiences. And you know all that kind of shit in the game.
Speaker 2: Type shit too.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: You can tell he's he enjoys what he does.
Speaker 4: Dude.
Speaker 5: I watched I watched his Criterion Closet video and like all his choices were bangers, bro like he was this mother player.
Speaker 2: It's like he knows bro.
Speaker 5: He knows like like bro one of his choices loving basketball.
Speaker 2: I was like yes, I was like, that's.
Speaker 1: How you know how to write them stand lath Yeah yeah, man, that's not like them for real, big shut out.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Uh, we living in a size the world I said it before, is there, but you stay working, you stay with the job. You know things have gotten tight, but Keen and thim said it is still Kenny tops name rings bellsho, stay with the job.
Speaker 2: Is there a world work? Yeah, busses on busses on bustings.
Speaker 3: Uh is there a world where you I mean, you've done it before, right. Good Burger two was like going back to like older material, older projects. Is there ones that you would want to do and is there ones that you were like, Nah, I'm not going back to that. Well, like that ship has sailed.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't even be feel comfortable doing that at this age.
Speaker 4: I mean, the only one is the only nah, I guess, and like is fat out, but only because it belongs so closely to Bill, you know what I mean. And like that's the only one where I can see it just not happening, you know what I'm saying. So like getting your hopes of about it is just like don't even waste your time kind of shit, because like that is completely his baby, you know what I'm saying. So without him, like what what's even the point, you know what I'm saying. So like we got what we got, and like it was a good experience, you know what I mean, because it was before all the chaos, and like when people watch it, they feel good. When kids watch it to this day, they tell me they feel this colorful movie. I get it, you know what I'm saying. It looks like Paw Patrol. I get it. I get it.
Speaker 7: I get it.
Speaker 4: It's a happy ass and we had so much fun making it, you know what I mean saying. It's a very proud memory for me because we were all close and we were all you know, paying honor to and all that good ship. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: The cast was wild, Marcus, you're saying like you know what I'm saying, Like it was, Yeah, it was.
Speaker 4: It was a phenomenal like a Kyler shout out to Kyla, shout out to Donya. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, so the whole cast.
Speaker 3: But Yo, the funny thing that you said that reminded me of some that Victor said is like a lot of people that be like, yo, I like movies. I'm a movie I'm I'm a I'm a centophile. And it's just like, yo, bro, you just like bright colors, you know what I'm saying, Because if you just put this movie in black and white, right, it's not spectacular.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 4: You just like, whoa, Yeah, that's that's trash that they're playing around it. Yeah yeah yeah man. But the rest of them, I'm yeah, any of it. Like I understand like the arguments of like you know, Hollywood doesn't have any original stories or whatever kind of shit. It's like that's not really the case. It is just like it's harder to find them, you know what I'm saying, Like, because you'll look at them and be like how many times you look at you like your cable guide or even like any streamer that you're on you see titles, you don't recognize, you don't hyper focus on them, you know what I'm saying. So if it's something that everybody's talking about, like a centers or whatever, then you could like dive into it, but you just scroll past and like what the fuck is? You know what is and you just what is this? What is this?
Speaker 2: What is this? What is this?
Speaker 4: You're never gonna like, yeah, just engage it necessary and a lot of things are just sitting up there that nobody's seen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a it's a It lends itself to like decision fatigue too, like when you have when you have too many options, you end up.
Speaker 4: Choosing nothing oblict ob lictory.
Speaker 5: Like we're gonna have the numbers all right, listen now, now, keenan listen a streaming service you log in every single day, there are exactly two options.
Speaker 4: You pick one. You'll watch that. That's it. That's it, that's it. We got to answer any time. But this is it? This is this is it? Right here?
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 4: That's actually kind of genius.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Bill, there's a yeah, yeah, because one of my.
Speaker 4: Version is of that. I guess like drive ins will do that when they start showing nostalgia movies or whatever, and they be like, if these are the times that this is happening twice a week, you know what I'm saying, And it's like if you don't catch it, then you just won't be watching a league of their own this week. Yeah, yeah, Yeah, I'm glad we came because I love this movie.
Speaker 5: And if if it rains, no ja wanna man, I don't get ja wanna man, It's not gonna happen, you know.
Speaker 4: So between that and I guess the war on the movie theaters, it's kind of like the bigger difference, like the same thing in the music business, this is the war on streaming, you know what I mean, Like just digitization of what we do type shit is the biggest change.
Speaker 5: But how do you how do you feel being involved in SNL, which is like an institution in and of itself that sort of stands apart from the ever changing landscape of television.
Speaker 4: Yeah, very lucky, because like I've grown up with you know, actor friends, and like, you know, I have a lot of different cats that are like out here navigating in different ways, you know what I mean, And I'm always intrigued by how they figure it out. I mean it's a community. They all like are talking to each other, so everybody knows like all right, Vine is hot now, or you know this is hot now? Yes, hot now, but you have to go do something to it, you know what I'm saying. So a lot of motherfuckers is got a lot of like you know, self kind of you know, motivation kind of ship, which I admire a lot. Like I've been in a bubble for twenty two years, you know what I'm saying of not really having to over focus on trends necessarily to stay relevant, you know what I mean, Like I'm in your house every weekend, you know what I'm saying when like people asking because because.
Speaker 5: One of those it's interesting for you. It's like, oh and kid, but you are you aren't the.
Speaker 2: Most Radio via Liz Bellerties.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you gotta you gotta hit one of the say the radio BII.
Speaker 2: Again, Radio Vie.
Speaker 3: That's the ship I want to dude, not Red in my life, bro, I want him every time I walk into a restaurant.
Speaker 4: The House and Rest in Peace down Parto Man was one of the great absolute legend because Don was in there when it was radio and then he used to be one of the voices on television, on the radio basically like the original like broadcasting of sound basically, you know what I'm saying, Like he was there in that building.
Speaker 2: He was there when you had to sound like that. Yes, what I mean, this was a radio boy, and.
Speaker 4: I think it might have became his person because like even all Stags was like how you're feeling Keenom. I'm like, hey man, you really talk like that. But yeah, yeah, yeah, he was always that.
Speaker 5: He's like one of my favorites, all right, yeah, yeah, he's like bizarro e forty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's normal. Normal.
Speaker 2: We got Katy Chops shout out to the.
Speaker 4: Shout out all that good forty water music short, oh man, drain. That's what we need more of, you know what I mean, like just shouting each other out. You know, like I understand like there's a new hip hop beef happening and like every West coast is going in, you know what I mean. It's like it's good back and forth and it's like all right, as long as y'all keep it like, you know, keep it hip hop, inspiring to each other to write better and all that thing. It's not just you know, dissing for distance sake. Ben great, but at the same time we all know, like feelings get stepped on and you know, things escalated whatever. So it's just it's hard to navigate, you know what i mean, because like these kids are living in such a turmoil tumultuous world as it is kind of ship like and break the community that's right in front of you. You know what I'm saying, You're going to need each other probably pretty soon, very soon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, listen, we do a segment on this show where we ask our stem guest to give us a conspiracy theory that they really believe wholeheartedly.
Speaker 2: It's called the tim fold fitted segment. You know what I'm saying. You put the tim four.
Speaker 3: Fitted on to take your head from the five g's five raised.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean, Dolly your third eye. It is supremely uncomfortable.
Speaker 6: By the way, it's like blood timon. But like you know, blue timing on YouTube.
Speaker 3: So a conspiracy theory that you believe or that you find interesting enough to say, you know what, there might be something behind that.
Speaker 4: I mean, there's a lot of them, Like I read these, you know theories, a lot of different theories on a lot of different things. One of my the most intriguing, I'm when people chime in on I hear the comments already he's a fucking idiot, blah blah blah, you shouldn't mean. But I was reading about the O J case and then there's one cop wrote this book about OJ's oldest son being the actual person that when it was just like cause I read through it pretty intriguering, and I've always been enamored by the stalemate of it all. It's like, yo, if y'all got him Colt Turkey, you got him cold chucker. What's the problem? You know what I'm saying, Yeah, but you know it just yeah, number one a jeury acquitted and then number two you know he was just never like something about the retrial, like once you've been acquitted or something, you can't try it again, ye know. So like that's why I said theory, you know. Yeah, So I'm like, but listening to that that, I'm like, that's pretty There was a lot of facts in there, like it's hat like maybe shit or whatever from his knife, like m maybe issue knife having like a little skull crush is what they call it. You know, I don't want to get too like graphic or whatever, but like those kind of wounds had shown up on victims and like hmm, just that like how it all went down to where if he didn't do it, how would he even be like finger pointed as a witness seeing him there like all these like breakdowns, you know what I mean. And I'm like, as a parent listening to this version of the story, like if my son came home and admitted to me these things, would I go to that scene and see and like explain the timing of it, and shit like there was little like a lot of little detail where I was just like, wow, that's kind of crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I thought he was gonna go with the other OJU conspiracy theory, which is Chloy Kardashian.
Speaker 2: Is his daughter.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, that one has its own sub conspiracy where it was like some makeup dudes. So I was just like, all right, I'll let that personal business and I wish them one, you know what I mean, And like blah blah blah. Chloe is that she's a sweet girl, you know what I mean. She seems to be like the nice one ship a lot of the time, Kim people are dying you know, damn, damn.
Speaker 2: I gave it to Chloe damn wash Like she.
Speaker 4: Seemed to be the one that's like really trying to like fit in and be in, you know what I mean. Like so like, yeah, I let that one go, but that old that ship was wild, bro, Like I was like, that's interesting. See now you got me jump out of YouTube. Yeah, the two rabbit holes.
Speaker 2: As I get home.
Speaker 4: As soon as I got home, I read up on it. I mean, I could be sounding like an idiot because somebody be like, well, DNA evidence came back and it was like you would never unless literally nobody, nobody could you know, I mean, because DNA will tell you down to the micro one millions up and it's gotta be And I'm like all right. And then I also heard like if anyone's DNA was within those parameters, it would be your first born child.
Speaker 2: That's how every law and er s FORU ends. Yeah you know what I'm saying. And this is how victory like is.
Speaker 4: Lictory like like.
Speaker 5: Like m mm hmmm mmmmmmm
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm, a lictory like like like like