Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Statobek along with Carol Masser. Let's take a look at the stocks on the move. We've got Matthew Griffin with us Bloomberg News, us acuts reporter with today's stock movers.
Speaker 4: Hey Matthew, Hey Tim, how are you doing at the end of the week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean we got here kinda. We're on our way there. I'll tell you in about two and a half hours.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about some of the stocks on the move. We had some big moves this week, even in today's session. We're gonna kick it off with that last CN.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 4: Well, Carol ed Lassian is one of the biggest movers today. That stock ticker team up about thirty six percent, now actually having its best day ever. The software company gave a revenue outlook for the current quarter that was better than Wall Street expected. That's for revenue of as much as one point seven two billion dollars analysts looking for just one point sixty seven and as is usually the case with software companies, that's being interpreted in the context of the AI story, the SaaS apocalypse story, what it says about the future. Seems like that number is comforting investors a little bit about at Lassian's place in the age of AI, maybe even some of the benefits they'll get from software that works with AI.
Speaker 3: I'm really glad you went there, because if you look at a longer term chart for this company, I mean, this was a stock that was about four hundred and fifty dollars a share. It hit a high of in twenty twenty one of four to fifty eight. It's now training at one fifty a share. So it's still down about sixty seven percent from that high back in twenty twenty one. So if even with today's move of what thirty six percent right now, thirty seven percent of the upside, Yeah, it's got a long way to go to get back there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, still down seven percent here to date and you've got eleven percent of the float short. So the sentiment on a name like this Matthew right, you know, it's it's a negative sentiment, but we understand what's been going on in this space. But definitely an outperformer in today's session I might steal it from my gainers.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, I haven't kind of I looked over there and saw you taking notes on what he was saying.
Speaker 1: I haven't done my list yet, but this may make it all right. Let's flip it on over to also another high flyer today, and we're talking about Airbnb.
Speaker 4: Yes, and Airbnb also in tech, but we've got a different reason here, which is travel demand is really strong and it's very resilient. That stock ticker AB and B up fifteen percent right now. After Airbnb raised its revenue outlook for the second time this year. They now see at least a mid teens percentage increase in revenue for the full year. That prior outlook was for low to mid teens demand. They said, strong in North America, strong in other important markets like the UK, like Australia. One thing I thought was interesting they have this kind of newer business of renting out boutique hotel rooms.
Speaker 1: That this is fascinating.
Speaker 4: Go. Yeah, they got into that, or at least really expanded it because cities were putting restrictions on short term rentals, but it has proven to be such a strong growth driver, growing multiple times the rate of their core you know, renting out homes business that they're expanding it into other cities that don't have this kind of restriction. It's a small part of the business right now, but really contributing to those growth numbers.
Speaker 3: That's so interesting.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So it's like basically, I guess a hotel like just yeah, they're on their website right as New York, Paris.
Speaker 3: London, Madrid. The services business. It's also begun selling resort passes to give guess access to amenities at hotels. So better a one stop shop.
Speaker 1: Yeah, better than right for a hotel, like it's staying empty, right, so you get some revenue.
Speaker 3: Speaking of empty, I went to Sweet Green today and it was empty.
Speaker 4: Truly.
Speaker 3: I couldn't believe it on a granted it's a Friday, but tell us what the stock is doing quickly?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, consumers, they're wary. That stock ticker SG down almost nine percent. They cut a full year outlook for sales at established restaurant now see that down as much as eight percent because of this cyclospora parasite outbreak. They haven't been personally affected. They don't even sell Iceberg lettuce, which is you know what's been connected to it by health authorities, but they say consumers are very cautious right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's kind of tough, and I get it, Like, if you're a consumer, you just kind of are going to be careful. I know how you doing there, buddy, How.
Speaker 3: Are you feeling.
Speaker 1: How's your telling me?
Speaker 3: It's great?
Speaker 1: All right, We're going to keep an eye on him, all right, and we'll see.
Speaker 2: This stock mover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.