Speaker 1: It's always a fun day when we get an update from one of our Second Date Update.
Speaker 2: Couple, Yes, especially an unexpected one for sure.
Speaker 1: Hey, welcome to Broke and Jeffrey in the Morning, and you have found the Second Date Update podcast.
Speaker 2: We're so happy you're here. And yesterday we do need.
Speaker 1: To do a update on the yes because we did put a poll up on Spotify based on yesterday's Second Date update and what it was.
Speaker 3: The poll we said, your date has something on their face. Do you say something, keep it to yourself, or put something on your face?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: Eighty four percent of you.
Speaker 3: Said you say something wow, yeah yeah, ten percent keep it to yourself, and five percent put something on your face.
Speaker 2: Yes see. Yeah, I love that. All right, let's get to this update update.
Speaker 1: That's, of course where we get a check in from a couple that's been on the show before.
Speaker 2: So we are going to play the full original.
Speaker 1: Second Date and then at the very end is when we're going to hear from them again.
Speaker 2: So stick around to the very end of this one. It starts right now.
Speaker 4: It's the date that we never thought would actually happen, but against all odds, it did. Yay, one of our most popular second date calls from the past calendar year gets a surprising update. Oh, it's just proof that only because we think a relationship is doomed and there's tons and tons of red flags and all the signs are pointing directly to the toilet. That doesn't count for anything.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 4: That's right. Sometimes true love prevails even when we condemn it in the most unexpected ways. You're gonna hear it when we get a second Date update update. Right after this second Date Update date, we got an email from a woman who says people in her area aren't really using Bumble or Tinder anymore. They use it not even my favorite app, Clinger, where personal space is just myth.
Speaker 2: At least everybody on the app.
Speaker 4: You imagine you hear knock at your door, immediately find your fellow codependent Clinger. But she says she's found a more unique way to meet guys. And we've heard of these types of movements before where people are like trying to move away from the apps in favor of other methods. So let's talk to her and find out what she did. Her name is Mandy. Mandy, Welcome to the show toay guys.
Speaker 1: Hey, you sound cute and fun and like you did something fun to meet some guys.
Speaker 4: She said, Hey, how did you get that? From? Hey, you did it? You sound perfect for Clinger Brooks. So tell us about this guy that you met and how you met him. What's your strategy?
Speaker 5: Now? There was this kiktok movement going around and I want to say it started in Spain and it's where singles meet up at a grocery store. So like you'll have a store and you have a time, and they usually see a huge turnout, like sixty to seventy people take part in it at a grocery store.
Speaker 2: It like how do you find when the meat up?
Speaker 4: Feeling see you guys at checkstands?
Speaker 1: Like I'd be the person not invited to the grocery store for some reason.
Speaker 5: People will just kind of post the store name and time, and they'll get reposted and reposted, and then people just.
Speaker 3: Okay, I seem like not exactly this, but like I've seen people go on and they'll be like, I think this bar would be fun for singles. Go this Friday night and it's like a popular barn and go viral and we're.
Speaker 2: Doing grocery stores and stuff. You can just say yeah exactly.
Speaker 6: Don't makes sense, Like, if you're going to do it, you share it.
Speaker 3: Well, if you watch any video where it says hot singles might be here, I feel like you're into it.
Speaker 4: I see a lot of those websites. And so a bunch of people go to the grocery store hoping to meet someone. Right, we can go to the meat.
Speaker 2: Section, because that would be really fun.
Speaker 4: No by I'm thirsty, Mandy. Tell us how it works. What happens Once you're in the store.
Speaker 5: There's where it's a little way saucy. So you go and you get a pineapple. Okay, it's okay, it's not like that.
Speaker 2: Why is it that fruit?
Speaker 5: You know? I wondered the same thing, like you couldn't have chosen a different fruit? But whatever, Okay, it upside down, which I know runs like rampant with that other.
Speaker 2: Are you sure you're going to the right.
Speaker 4: Shut up? I'm loving this idea more and more. Keep going, it's true.
Speaker 5: Then you put it upside down your cart, and then you go over to where the wine is and you grab a bottle of wine.
Speaker 4: Okay, you got an upside down pineapple and some wine.
Speaker 5: Yes, and you check out who's around you see if they have the same items in theirs. And if you see somebody who kind of tickles your fancy so speak, give them a light bump with your cart in.
Speaker 2: The pilot tips over. Now we're bumping carts.
Speaker 6: I will say this, this can be subtle because even if you don't see someone at first, you could just wander around.
Speaker 2: Looks do you have to wander in? Every question?
Speaker 5: Though?
Speaker 2: If you bump someone, do they bump you back? Like do you run away with carts?
Speaker 5: If they're not interested, they could you know, just sorry, excuse me and walk away.
Speaker 4: Okay, So bumping carts is the equivalent of swiping basically exactly. Okay, so who did you bump upside down pineapple wine?
Speaker 2: Right, we're all following who was it?
Speaker 5: That is how I'm that mark my right?
Speaker 2: And then how do you how do you turn that into a date.
Speaker 5: Well, once we bumped, then we exchanged information. We actually got together and we went to a wine bar and it was it was really nice, like we just got to sit down and really talk. And he's really funny and he's a he's an animal lover, and which is yeah exactly, and I mean he's just he seemed very genuine.
Speaker 1: So did you get the vibe that you guys were going to do this again? You're going to see each other.
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, And that's the weirdest thing, Like he walked me home you know we can't and then gone done and then done now you said, And then he was gone.
Speaker 4: He ran away after the kids. He was like, oh my god, I have wine breath, and then he runs away.
Speaker 5: Maybe he had to go get another pineapple.
Speaker 2: Interesting.
Speaker 1: So have you called him or texted him or are you waiting for him?
Speaker 5: No? I did. I called him and I texted and that's got nothing.
Speaker 4: How long has it been since you and Mark went on that date.
Speaker 5: It's been about two weeks.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's a while, Yeah, long enough that he should have reached out.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Sorry, Okay, Well, let's call him in find out what he has to say. We're gonna come back and do your second date update. You got pine do we have to do? I put in my Instacart order already, so I'll be back. We'll do it right after this. Hold on second Date update.
Speaker 2: You're in the middle of a second date update update, and we're gonna find out how the couple is doing. Right, after you here Part two.
Speaker 4: I am never gonna shop for groceries the same ever again after this call with man you.
Speaker 1: And meeboled, I am going to be just eyeballing eagle eye who's in here.
Speaker 5: To think of it?
Speaker 4: Because Mandy told us about a strange new dating ritual that apparently started with singles in Spain and now it's come over to the US where people will show up at a grocery store like a lot of people. They take all the pineapples, put them in carts upside down, and meet in the wine section, then start bumping each other just show interest.
Speaker 7: And this is.
Speaker 4: Wink definitely not a swing, even though it sounds like it to literally every person on the planet except for our listener Mandy, because she ended up meeting a guy named Mark there. They went out, had a really good time, and this was her first grocery store bump, sesshon. But we never asked what about Mark, Manny, did you discuss that has he bumped before?
Speaker 5: He said he had? Okay, she and the girl had gone out a few times after they had a bump.
Speaker 2: Second, it's crazy how successful this is people.
Speaker 6: What's it like when it's busy and it just sounds like a hundred shopping cars crashing in the corner store.
Speaker 1: Even more fascinating is how confused the produce man must be.
Speaker 2: Ye, pineapples and now they don't want but they're back.
Speaker 5: And.
Speaker 4: There's clearly a lot of questions that we have, and she's a rookie. She can't answer.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The only person that can is the tropical fruit stud that we're about to call here. Hopefully we'll squeeze some answers out of him, can well, mister Jiquita his name, okay, pineapple Mark. We'll just call him Mark until we get more from him. But let's just dial let me see if he picks up first. Here we go. Hello, Hey, is this Mark?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Hey Mark. I'm not sure if you're ready for this, but you are on a radio show right now. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Boy, have we been dying to talk to you?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, seriously, so many questions.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, sorry, it's Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. I didn't mean to like scare You're a whole show, bro, Yes, four of us.
Speaker 2: Now we have a radio show and we do a podcast.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm jeff and have you heard everybody else, so I'd like to tell So we want to ask you a little bit if it's okay about your dating life, because we heard that you a woman the other day at the grocery store named Mandy.
Speaker 7: Oh she told you about that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're gonna be embarrassed, bro. We think it's really interesting. Yeah.
Speaker 1: She told us all about like the TikTok trend of going to the grocery store at the same time.
Speaker 7: Uh. Wow, yeah, I have. I have a couple of friends that they're doing this trend, and they told me you should, uh see what it's about. Yeah. A couple of times I met Mandy, and I don't know. She thought she was cool.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's good.
Speaker 2: That's a good start.
Speaker 4: Cool enough to take out on an actual date to a wine bar. We heard.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we went out. It's just uh, towards the end of the date, like a weird thing happened. Oh, she told you guys about it.
Speaker 2: Weirder than the grocery store things.
Speaker 4: Well, we heard you kiss you're supposed to like.
Speaker 2: Was it not a good kiss?
Speaker 7: I walked her home and we kissed and it was really great.
Speaker 4: But I take her to.
Speaker 7: Her door and she reaches into her purse pulls out an envelope.
Speaker 4: Okayarts letter.
Speaker 7: I get to my car and I opened this letter and it says thank you for this lovely date, and then under it it says, here is my pre and post date expenses.
Speaker 2: Huh wait, it's an invoice.
Speaker 7: Yeah to what there was the take up? There was the petticure or things like that.
Speaker 2: She needed her toes painted to go to a wine bar.
Speaker 7: Like I thought. I didn't know that this was part of it.
Speaker 2: That's insane.
Speaker 7: Her Venmo was on there. There was a Venmo bar code.
Speaker 3: Didn't it to maybe a guy you don't like more than someone where it actually went, well, why would you?
Speaker 7: Why you?
Speaker 2: Especially because didn't you pay for the wine bar?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Well I paid for everything, I thought, Okay, I'll treat her to a date. That's normal.
Speaker 4: I just it. You did not pay for everything, okay. Or maybe he didn't have enough money to pay for the Venmo thing.
Speaker 2: So come on, what is she having to buy new makeup for the date?
Speaker 5: Please?
Speaker 2: Everything does run out at the same time.
Speaker 3: Don't give me started.
Speaker 4: We're a lot of theoreticals. We don't know the true story. The only one that does is Mandy, who is on the other line listening to this call right now, Mark and wanting to talk to you. Mark.
Speaker 5: Oh girl, I didn't realize that was what bothered.
Speaker 4: You, because so you admit that you invoiced him for everything before and during the date.
Speaker 5: Well, I went out, I got my makeup done, and I got my hair done, got a new outfit.
Speaker 2: You shouldn't put that much for a man, just saying in the.
Speaker 7: First but I didn't ask you to do any of that.
Speaker 5: You were insistent that you wanted to go out, and that you know, I wanted to pay.
Speaker 7: And I wanted to say, but to give me the receipts. It was just it was impersonal. I didn't feel right about it. I walked away feeling good, thinking, oh cool, I got a cute envelope with a note instead I had a receipt. What are you doing?
Speaker 4: I mean a letter does kind of make it more personal in a way.
Speaker 2: Does it?
Speaker 4: She took the time to write it.
Speaker 5: Indeed, you know I've got before, and I've never had any broken lengths.
Speaker 4: Really, maybe in the Pineapple community the standards for paying them are a little bit different.
Speaker 6: I just admit, though, if I went on a date with a girl and it went well, and I wanted to see her again, and she built me fifty bucks and be.
Speaker 4: Like, Okay, oh no, no, Fini, I can afford it.
Speaker 6: I can take care of it.
Speaker 1: I don't think she's thinking about that when she I just like, these are expenses about just being an adult that you just have to incur. Like this is just life expenses that you got to take on yourself.
Speaker 5: Do you do You don't you feel that we're getting a little screwed over by the amount of money we have to pay.
Speaker 4: It's like kind of a shared thing. You both put in your effort and your money. Mandy, is there a way that maybe going forward you could see not doing the invoice or at least giving him a discount.
Speaker 5: If it's going to make you feel more comfortable. If we got again, you know, we can go Dutch.
Speaker 2: I don't even understand what that means.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it means she pays for half, and he pays for half. What he pays for one foot, she pays for the other foot.
Speaker 2: I got it. Bet you paid for your own crap, Like would the bill come?
Speaker 4: No O, that's not how modern pineapple dating works. Brooke, get up with the times Market. Sounds like she's trying to be reasonable with you, offering a pretty significant discount on the rates that you have to pay, so I would give her another chance. This is like when you.
Speaker 6: Tell a company you're going to cancel and they give you that last offer exactly.
Speaker 1: Trial, Is it too late to go Dutch on the first bill or we just talking about the second villa?
Speaker 4: You know, we're not in charge of the entire financial landscape. We're in charge of is paying for the date that you go on, because we will offer to fund it for you. Mark, if you'll see Mandy one more time.
Speaker 7: If you're willing to talk about splitting things down the line down the middle between you and I in the future, then I don't see a reason not to no reason.
Speaker 1: Yes, Yes, Spreadsheets, Excel, you need to keep your septs.
Speaker 2: Mark, Okay, if you get a haircut, you gotta remember see how many pumps the foundations. She's using account numbers.
Speaker 4: This is some sexy talk that we're having on the show right now. But Mark, here, is that a yes from you?
Speaker 7: That's a yes from.
Speaker 4: That did not see that coming. But congratulations, Mandy, you got yourself another date.
Speaker 5: Well, thank you, guys, very much. Mark, Once you then Momy the half for the first date, we can schedule a second date.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, Maddie, I thought you were nuts, but now I'm thinking I want you to do my financial.
Speaker 7: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: Honestly, I'm not sure anybody here expected to get an update from these two, but no, not all here we are. Mark and Mandy are back on to give us an update update on their situation. And the last time that we spoke to you guys, there was a question of will Mark be responsible for paying half of the pre date stuff? What happened there?
Speaker 5: So he did actually, then Mommy for his half.
Speaker 4: Oh sweet guy.
Speaker 5: And we've kept dating over the next few months and he has paid like a gentleman should for my predate expenses.
Speaker 2: Wait, for over two months he's been doing this.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, for the last few months, he's been doing it.
Speaker 4: Wow. Mark, are you there?
Speaker 2: I kind of hear you in the background.
Speaker 7: Yes, yes, I'm here. Guys. Hikay, that's good to.
Speaker 4: Hear from you. Mark.
Speaker 2: Has it been worth the cost?
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, no, She's totally worth it.
Speaker 5: Yes, Oh okay, okay, but he has told me she has some concerns. Certain dates are more expensive than others, and since it wasn't consistent, I did offer to send him an itemized bill, but he really he wasn't happy with that either, So.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, so there's still a little bit of tension. It sounds like with the financials in your relationship, were you guys able to work through that?
Speaker 7: Well, So she and I talked it out. She offered me a monthly subscription package. Girlfriend, So I pay a flat rate of eighty nine ninety nine a month to cover all of her predates.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, that sounds like an introductory rate.
Speaker 5: Be careful, you know, as long as the Venmo payment gets there by the third of the month.
Speaker 7: I do give him a.
Speaker 5: Two day grace period before he incurred interest.
Speaker 4: You know what, Look, if you guys are happy, then that's great. I know every relationship works differently. Who are we to judge how other people are able to find happiness in their life. So that's awesome. Thank you.
Speaker 5: I'm very very happy with Mark.
Speaker 2: Make sure you lock them into an annual no cancelation policy.
Speaker 4: Get them on a five year deal so it can't go anywhere. Beautiful, Glad you guys are doing well. Make sure if you want follow us on YouTube at Brook and Jeffrey. You can find all of our second date updates right there.
Speaker 7: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning,