Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club Boys. This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World Headquarters.
Speaker 2: At the Star.
Speaker 1: Now your hosts Barry Church, Anthony dor Set, Demontree More and new He Scrugs.
Speaker 2: Newi Scruggs is not in the building. He is in Chapel Hill sorrowing over the loss that today. But your boy Jay Holly is in here with the cast of crew on the Players Lounge. Barry Church, Anthony dor Said I, and Jesse Howy. This is the Players Lounge, brought to you by Aristocrat. It is We're here season, We are good. This is game week. There's no more preseason. The Micah Parsons Grama is over. We're not talking about who gonn play in the preseason game. No more press conferences. It is now time to put up or shut up. The Cowboys take on the Philadelphia Eagles Thursday Night Football.
Speaker 3: And uh.
Speaker 2: Going on. My shirt is green because I was representing the Big Brothers Big Program. I'm just trying to make sure that we like that. They might have been found brother he lost got another guy in that bear trap, didn't you, yeah, I put I called Chris early because he hit me with the green too. I'm just trying to do good for the community. I'm trying to make sure that that bear trap didn't I thought.
Speaker 4: It was for that all that money that you got over there, you know, coming from road that Jesse big big. I ain't go hid, I say somebody, I like, like, I just want to be.
Speaker 5: Like the hide the I'm thank you Lord.
Speaker 2: But getting into the game beforehand, contract done, d ron Bland signed him big money. Pay the man, four year extension ninety two million dollars.
Speaker 6: How much as that guaranteed? Fifty fitty fitty. I don't want to be the baron back. It's really two years extension thirty four million dollars because after the first two years and more money is guaranteed. But it's money, nonetheless, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: But you gotta look at the you go look at he got, Prince.
Speaker 4: He's still getting is he getting thirty four thirty four thirty.
Speaker 2: Thirty four right now? But listen, pick fifty a guy who looked like he was going to be that's great money, and it's the Cowboys locked the guy up for the next couple of years and.
Speaker 8: You still go and he could still go get paid if he does what he's supposed to do.
Speaker 4: Because if he lives.
Speaker 8: Up to that contract, we all know that obviously they're gonna make you sit into about that third year, get to that final stretch, then you get that extra leg to it.
Speaker 4: But if he lives up.
Speaker 8: To that contract, he's gonna be coming over there telling them, hey, let's let's get to a year like years, how.
Speaker 4: Would that put him at whatever young.
Speaker 8: You can still go hit to bring show one more time. So for him, like it's a maybe when they said it's a team friendly deal. The numbers look good and it's a lot of fluff on the outside, but when you get to like what Big Mama used to say, the meat and the potatoes of it, thirty four million for the next two years guaranteed deserve too, And like he's with all the stuff that's been going around with not only from his play and being a veteran in that lockership, but in the in the such dire need time in space of the cowboys of that veteran leadership.
Speaker 4: We know we have that, you know you have CD.
Speaker 8: But on that defensive side, there's no more, Michael Parson, Trayvon Diggs, you know that TSAGA has been what it's been, so now it's like, hey, let's pay you, young bull, and you rightfully so you earned it. So what they say, you just got to strike when the pot is hot, and helucked up and did that.
Speaker 2: Speaking of Trayvon Diggs, he's a guy who has been medically cleared and is marching towards getting to the game. He came out and he said the other day that he's about seventy five to eighty percent prediction that he plays on Thursday. If you're I'm gonna start with you Church.
Speaker 9: I thought he's seventy eighty percent healthy.
Speaker 2: No, he's one hundred percent health. He's one hundred percent according to what he's been cleared.
Speaker 8: If you didn't catch that, let me go ahead. He said he didn't. He was. He played when he was one hundred percent. He played like he was at seventy eight.
Speaker 2: But he's saying there's a seventy chance that he goes on Thursday. For Trayvon and what this defense needs in the secondary? Oh yeah, are you hoping he goes out there and he plays or you're saying give it one more. We'll give me one more week, young fella, and then come back. Maybe maybe it gets the giants, maybe maybe week three. Because it was always Trayvon was saying, don't put me on Pop, don't put me on I are I'm gonna be ready before week four. So are you saying, hey, Trayvon, go ahead, damn play or give it one more week? If it's me, If it's me, right.
Speaker 4: Organization, this is the player of me.
Speaker 5: I'm in Diggs's situation. I'm gonna give it another week. Man, I got to see what this past rush is gonna look like. You already kind of painted your yourself with a red dot on the back by not being here all ot as.
Speaker 2: We all understand that. Now if you go out there, you weren't here all t is.
Speaker 5: If you go out there and the film don't look great, if you go out there and you get bombed, were bag bad on?
Speaker 2: People just gonna it was because of this. It was because of that.
Speaker 5: It was because so the play of me is looking at it like this, all right, let me see what that that pass rush look like. Let me see you because you're going out there against shoot Bowl champs who got two bona fid dogs on the outside of Davalantaine Smith and A. J. Brown, which you're gonna be out there with them. There's no let me get the slide, let me get the tight end over here. You're gonna be watching one of those two guys the entirety of the game, and you don't want to go out there and get bombed on. So if I'm gonna play, I'm like, hey, man, we want more week to make sure I'm one hundred percent healthy. But organizationally, you, hey thod we need you, We need you out there right now. You know we ain't got the big dog rushing the pass and no more the secondary is young. You got bland out there, another a lot of unproven talent outside of Blanding the two safeties. So the organization put him out there. But if I'm in his shoes, and that's just being honest, I'm like, hey, let me get another week.
Speaker 7: I think something you said is going to actually lead to him probably trying to play a little bit sooner than later. It's simply because he wasn't here doing the OTAs and he missed so much with the off season, and there was a situation with his with his workout bonus and things like that for him not being here as well. So being that that's the case, and he I feel like he has to prove himself to the organization. Just like you said, he knows who he is the player, he knows who he is, but right now the organization is looking at him sideways, you know what I mean. And so I think that with that, there's a little bit of pressure there. And I totally understand where you're coming from too as well. But him sitting back this week watching past us this week, if it ain't looking right.
Speaker 9: This week, it ain't gonna change next week. Nine times out of ten, you.
Speaker 4: Ain't a J.
Speaker 2: Smithson and Brown next week.
Speaker 9: That's you know what I mean, Like you but like but but that.
Speaker 2: It's just one. It's just one though.
Speaker 9: He's that guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah you got that.
Speaker 7: You got the line up against those guys real talk, right, So we don't see what we're gonna see what's happening. So I was I think that, you know, like what you said, he said, he's seventy to eighty whatever percent to get ready to play.
Speaker 9: But I think nine times out of ten, he's gon lace him up and try to get out.
Speaker 2: There the mantra, I want to We talked about the past rush, so you know about what happens up front. Michah Parsons he's in Green Bay, right, fifty two sacks I believe fifty three sacks I believe he's had over his first four years here. That's right. Now, that's three more then the top three sack guy that you have on this team combined to all the guys combines combined. So how does the Cowboys from a defensive standpoint, Now Matt eba plus is a new defensive coordinator, how do you make up for that? Like, how do you go out there and you make up for that that pressure that Michael Parson put on quarterbacks that get off that you know, that that chasing quarterbacks out of the out of the pocket and ultimately those sacks. You know what Jalen Hurts is right, Like, he's not He's not a stand in the pocket. You know, throw you out, throw you, you know, throw the game down your throat all day. But he'll run. He's very strong lower body. How do you create that pressure from an upfront standpoint so that the guys on the back end aren't hung out to dry because he has nineteen seconds back there to throw the ball.
Speaker 8: Well, the great equalized teamwork at the end of the day, teamwork and honesty. You gotta go in there and just talk to your defense, like we understand what that one individual gave us, but like one individual doesn't win you gain. Football is such a team sport, like when it's funny because I seen a quote from Tom Brady this past weekend. I guess he did an interview and he was talking about what he looks at is in a quarterback when.
Speaker 4: He's watching them. He said, football is a team ball.
Speaker 8: Like when we go over there, I made it a point to have everybody in ball, like you're gonna have Micah there.
Speaker 4: But like those great defenses, those are the guys that.
Speaker 8: Are played well to where I can sit over here and the coach can call something and I ain't got to tell Barry like, hey, go ahead. You know, once I get this agg set, because the way that I play, I'm gonna do that.
Speaker 4: Go ahead.
Speaker 8: It's gonna be a free gap and you shoot it on the inside. Right now, make sure you get the TfL Like we can have that type of dynamic that comes with chemistry, that comes with comfortability, that comes with execution, and that comes with schematics. Ibra Flus is going to have the scheme that is made for defensivelignment. Now, yes, you lost Michael Parson, but let's be real. You brought in two big dogs right now. You got Kenny Clark, you got odg Zuo this and there. Now, with those two guys, if they do what they're supposed to in this type of scheme, it's going to leave opportunity to see who's going to be the next guy. And with these new opportunities, we got a lot of young, unproven guys that have not played.
Speaker 4: You got a second round pick that it has been everybody's.
Speaker 8: Been raving about, and he got to come in here like sometimes you got to put up a shut up, if that makes sense. And I think the one thing that's going to equalize that. Yeah, you might have lost out on fifty three sacks, but let's be realistic with those sacks and numbers you had. The biggest knock that was on Michael was he wasn't able to produce in the big game. He wasn't able to do this and win the actual game friend them, and you wanted one guy to do that. Well, Now, if you don't have the egos, you have everybody that's on the even playing field, and you got a hungry dog that hunts best. Sometimes you're not always watching out for the big dog, like you got the guy that you know that wins. But then after that, what they say, any given Sunday, anybody can get beat. And so long as we have that chemistry, I guarantee you each coach is gonna say every time, I want four guys on the D line that meshes well versus one guy that's out there and three unproven factors that we're saying, like, hey, you're the guy and fit around it. But let's get guys to actually mesh well and jail together. Because when they jail together, it's like mud. They come together, they build that wall. And once you build that wall up front, now it's easier for guys like y'all sitting in the back end. If it's not like, oh snap, they running a great game, like yes, Mike can be somebody one on one, but you can't count for those guys when you're doing your twist stunts. You're moving around and doing stuff like that. So I think this is gonna free up a lot of things, and this is gonna give you the ability to see who can win the one on ones and who can do the pass rush games to where schematically it's.
Speaker 4: Not like y'all know as well as I do.
Speaker 8: When you have that guy that comes in there and his fastball is a is a ghost pass rush move, don't mess with him. Do this now that you have somebody that's not proving it gives us a little more flexibility to say, let's do an overload formation. The ego's not there, so I can tell you to go rush from you know, it's zero shade and have those different games come through there.
Speaker 4: If that makes sense.
Speaker 2: No, it makes sense to me. I just look up and I go, yeah, but that's still Lane Johnson right out the man. Yeah. But I think you make a great point about Assigmon Lineman football, right, like having everybody on the same page, on the same accord, on one string. Like if everybody's where they're supposed to be, it becomes it becomes teach tape it be.
Speaker 4: And it gives you.
Speaker 8: It gives you more flexibility to figure out what we're going to do and how we can do it, versus like, hey, I'm going over here and I'm begging you to hit that home run, because we know everybody doesn't hit that home run, even if you are the greatest home run person, like, you're gonna miss every now again. But it makes up for when you have a great Batman wasn't who he was without robbing, Like the Justice League wasn't everything. Like, yeah, they had Superman and stuff like that, but they had their other guy that came over and sometime took the big role. And so now I think you're gonna be able to see a lot more that with these other guys.
Speaker 2: All right, So what we're gonna do is gonna take our first break. When we come back, We're gonna flip it go to the other side of the ball. That's why I think a lot of these games for the Cowboys will be won. Oh shoulder and the legs of one Dak Prescottson, we'll talk about him, the new offense, the receivers on the outside, the offensive lineman, and how this woiotball play out against the Philadelphia Eagles this Thursday night on Thursday Night football in Philadelphia. Cowboys first Egle, this is the players lounge. We will be right back.
Speaker 10: Hey, they're Cowboys Nation. Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo. Bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys themed casino games developed by Aristocrat, a prown sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem Please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred gambler that's one eight hundred gambl e r for twenty one over.
Speaker 11: Raising Canes presents the other rules of football. Rule one, any broadcast without the express edition of cook to order Cane's Chicken Fingers is prohibited. Rule twelve, no crinkle cut fries, Texas toast or cravable cane sauce constitutes an illegal formation. And Rule thirty one anybody who loves to feed their game face is an eligible receiver of Caines when it comes to winning game day Canes rules. Raising Canes Chicken Fingers one love Go Cowboys.
Speaker 10: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Jack Black and right.
Speaker 10: Now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus. Because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lifball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com. Slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 12: Crownroyal and the Dallas Cowboys are bringing back the Royal Rig for season two. See it in action at at and T Stadium on Thanksgiving Day where the Dallas Cowboys take on the Kansas City Chiefs, and around Dallas on November twenty sixth and November twenty eighth. Visit Crownrooyal dot com to see where else the Royal Rig is stopping this NFL season. That's Crownrooyal dot com. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 2: To the players.
Speaker 4: Loune Cowboy Nation.
Speaker 8: The twenty twenty five Dallas Cowboys schedule has officially been here. Limited tickets are available now, Yes, you heard that right, Limited tickets are available. Get ready to bring the noise as you watch the Cowboys live at AT and T Stadium, the only one and the best stadium in the world when the host of the NFC rival Eagles, Giants, Commanders, plus the Packers, Chiefs, Chargers, Vikings, and Cardinal all will be here. If you don't want to miss out, well, guess what you need to do. Visit Dallascowboys dot com, slash ticket or see geek dot com, the official primary ticketing partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Here we're gonna get that dramatic poll. Let's go. This is game week. This is the player's lows Barry Church to watch it more at door saying your boy, Jesse Holly. Cowboys taking on the Philadelhia Eagles Thursday Night Football. We're opening up the season out the gate in eighty eight. This is the first game on. We talked a lot about this offense in the offseason. The Cowboys went out and they signed George Pick George to add CD Lamb. Who I believe This is just my belief. This is just Jesse Holly's belief from what I've seen over the years, the maturation of and the growth of CED Lamb to what I've seen with my own eyes and training camp. I listen to see what CD says. I watch them. I know the position. I believe when we get done with this twenty twenty five twenty twenty six football season, that there won't be the conversation of does CD belong in the top three. There will be the conversation of who belongs in the top three? Because CD is number one. That's what I believe. I'm in a lot of Cowboys. He's already top three to my being.
Speaker 4: Who he gonna stamp it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Chase, I get you, and he's gonna get a lot of time.
Speaker 8: So Bingles having the best receiving quote, we're talking about the Cowboys having the best receiving court.
Speaker 2: I don't know about best receiving call. Because I'm not vouching for yours pickets. I gotta, I gotta. It's gonna be a little time, gonna have to take the him.
Speaker 4: I'm vouching for George right now. Put it in the books.
Speaker 2: That's fine with me. You got to stand on that ten toes down where I'm standing. I'm standing on ten toes down. If number four is healthy, Dak Prescott City, Lamb is going to ascend to a a stratosphere.
Speaker 8: Okay, so what's your question, man, since you're giving us all this praise because you on the same boat as this man, Barry.
Speaker 4: Church is on the same boat.
Speaker 2: So now I think.
Speaker 4: Because for you, there we go where it's new. He had to play the bad guy.
Speaker 2: This trust I said in eighty eight. I trust in eighty eight. I trust I watched eighty eight go off last year with a bump shoulder in the backup quarterback. Still still it was unguardable. It was unguardable. That's what on the other side, they said, CD and a bunch of babies, and that was facts. And he still went off with the backup quarterback when everybody and their mama knew when we came into this game, our objective and goal in the passing game from the defensive standpoint is to stop eighty eight couldn't do and couldn't do it well young rush back. There no running game, no running game. Left tackle.
Speaker 8: God awful, man, you're putting up a great argument for Barry. I wish I would have heard from him, like.
Speaker 2: And so I'm again, I'm just talking about eight. I'm talking about CD is taking that next step. I ain't say ten wins. I ain't saying that Dak got trust. I'm saying eighty eight is getting ready to put on some numbers and put on the show that hasn't been seen in a long time.
Speaker 9: I believe in that he's on that trajectory. I mean, every year he has improved.
Speaker 7: Just like you said, this is the type of thing that you want to see from one of your star players when they come into building every day that they have no ceiling, and every time he gets between the white lines, he's doing it with a purpose and he's actually getting better. And we've seen him do a year to year. And if you're saying what you're seeing is from what you've seen in this offseason, is that he's actually took that next step, because what you're putting him in that category, just like we're talking about Jamar Chase, we're talking about Justin Jefferson.
Speaker 9: Let's see who could, who could? Who's who else?
Speaker 2: Tyreek Hill?
Speaker 7: Okay, I mean, but he's dangerous. He's dangerous at all times. But but to say that he's going to be in the top three.
Speaker 2: He's already, he's already. I'm saying it's gonna be him and whoever else okay, and this is the players line fact. So we've all been in places wherever you've been at in your careers, We've been around bona fide dogs. They walk different, right, they talk different when you When I watched Ceedee Lamb come into practice, When I watch him on the practice field, it's an are around him that he walks out there, and he was like, there ain't a mo fo out here that can guard me. I told you guys just before when the one loan press conference that he did this this this training camp when he's at the podium and he set up there and he said, listen, if y'all don't think I am who I am, y'all gonna see it a little bit. That was my That was him telling y'all I'm him. I'm like Kevin Durant said, I'm Kevin Durant. His numbers back it up to know who I am. And so it's like, so I believe that with that, this cowboy offense is going to be put on the backs of the passing game. I think when they win games, because I just don't see how you're going to develop a running and.
Speaker 8: Jesse get out of here with all that you saying something that everybody knows. We all know the back is going to be put on the passing game. You got CD that's gonna be who he is. You got George Pickett, we got Dak Prescott that does that. But when a cowboy, like, let's stop talking about what's easy, like this is the players now the whole reason people come here and so they can hear us when we're sitting in that locker room. When the media leads up out of there, what's going on? Okay, yeah, we said all the great things. We added the fluff and.
Speaker 4: This and that.
Speaker 8: Let's talk about this when they have really been their best. It's been off the run game. It's been predicated off the run. They always had a big dog back there. It was never big dog exactly. Talk about that.
Speaker 9: But so you're at the number show.
Speaker 7: Anytime Dak Sean throwing the ball forty some times a game, that ain't gonna benefit the cowboy exactly exactly.
Speaker 8: So you're trying to sit here and say, ceedee, Limb is gonna send over here and this and that, Well, how is he gonna send me with that? Like he has to get more opportunity. We're sitting there talking about that like it's easy for us to talk about CD. Let's talk about the real stuff. Let's talk about, Hey, who's really running. Let's talk about the fact that we got shoddy as a run first like a pass like. He's not a pass oriented coordinator. He is a run first coordinator. They are play action run. It's not like, oh, sit back and shotgun, let's get this going. It's like, oh, get down here, run, run, bomb, dump it.
Speaker 2: But I think you need a zeke for.
Speaker 5: Unbelievable three down back And I don't for that offense to be explosive like all I can if he can get if you can hand them, but just to keep the defense honest, I think that'll be enough for this offense to be productive, especially on our side.
Speaker 8: I think, I think, and I will say this, I think it will be enough. But when you think of it this way, what I'm seeing from this young running back court, I'm not saying there as good, but I like what I seen.
Speaker 2: From young Are you talking about Well, I'm.
Speaker 4: Sorry because I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: Because the young young runner backs ain't getting the start. It's gonna be. It's gonna.
Speaker 4: You know who's gonna start.
Speaker 8: But at the end of the year, Like we always know, there's always one guy and everybody's offensive scheme that becomes the guy. They brought them to young guys in there prediction. They hoping that one of those guys become the guy and these old guys get phased out.
Speaker 2: Phil gonna be here for a while. He's already they already put him on.
Speaker 5: I r oh no, if you can get Rico Daddle production, this obum is gonna be fine. And I'm talking about from all of them together, not just one guy going for If you can get Rico Daddle production at all three of them guys in the backfield and however you want to be it, that'll be fine because these guys on the outside gonna eat, is.
Speaker 4: Going to eat.
Speaker 2: He had a down year last year. He is going to eat, all right.
Speaker 5: That's gonna be the security blank. He's gonna destroy these linebackers over the middle. Now, you gotta pick your poison. You're gonna leave your safeties up.
Speaker 8: But that's what that's what I guess, that's what I wanted us to get to something like that, make a statement like that to where we all know that unsung hero where it's like, hey, these guys are gonna do good.
Speaker 4: But if old buddy do what he's talking about.
Speaker 8: Like you said, if you get Rico daddo production, which I think you have, I think you can't.
Speaker 4: I think I think you unreachable.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so so you got that last year.
Speaker 7: So right, did new work last yecause that got hurt that CD putting up them numbers and Cooper us Man, you're talking about the same situation, just with number four in there. You said ce d put up them numbers last year and you had that running back that you're talking about that you want to get all.
Speaker 9: The production out. So what's going to be the difference.
Speaker 2: You didn't have that?
Speaker 4: That that's that is that this is a quarterback league.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is that.
Speaker 9: I mean that's I'm not saying he's.
Speaker 2: Mahomes, but he's gonna do more than what Cooper Rush was able to do last year.
Speaker 4: Definitely, Will.
Speaker 2: My concern when it comes to the running game is I don't know if I can trust what they have on the offensive line. We're talking about a rookie right guard who has all he has twenty eight preseason snaps. That's it totally, as can you trust Will?
Speaker 5: Who Will mc lay yeah, yes, and and who he's being able to select these first rounds when its line.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, I mean it's like no, no, no, But all right, is it day Thomas? Is it Tyler Goton? Who are you trusting out there? See that there? That's the one dude who I can lay my head down on the pillow at night and have zero concern. It is my left guard. I got no concern about tox facts. I got to know that's that's that's a boy dog right there, No concerns. I don't know about the rest of them. What still are we getting? Because one year we get a good steal, One year we get a basket roller coaster, we get a good still who could do only pass protection. Next year we get a good still only do run protection, run blocking. So what still are we getting? This year? We got a rookie right next to him the center, cool BB. He's gonna be okay, He's gonna be okay.
Speaker 4: He's I look at I look at BB being a more polished version of Joe. Joe.
Speaker 2: That's a different monster.
Speaker 13: I love.
Speaker 8: I love Joe and what he was able to bring Like people didn't expecting him. They were like, oh, we got all these guys in front of him, but he knew his assignment. He was gonna dog walk somebody, and he was very serviceable. Good started. So when you say this center, I'm not. I think he's good, and I think that Tyler Smith been next to him makes him even better to where it's like you're gonna you.
Speaker 4: Don't worry about you don't have to worry about those two.
Speaker 8: You got to get over there to that other guard and that blind side spot to where you're really gonna have to worry. So that's when it comes to this offense. I'm not worried about receivers. I say all that to say I'm not worried about receivers. I'm not worried about this running back corp because, like I said, I just need Rico o'dondo type of production. Four is gonna do what he do if he's healthy. But the X factor is that old line I can't have. We all know this is the one spot where you can't have one good player, or even two good players. You need two really good players a decent player. If you're gonna have two mediocre subpart other guys and they better be mixed out in between. Don't have the right side is really good, then the left side is good because guess where we know what we're gonna do. We're gonna blitch right all the way on that strong side and make you come over here to that week's side and then let them dogs eat over there. So that's the one thing that makes me so nervous. Like you said when we said it, you said ten wins. I told you at the beginning, I don't see ten wins right now. I said, if everybody's healthy and they can get those parts, we could talk. I might be a little bit more on your side. But with what we've seen, with the injury bug that's already been here, the stuff that's already been there, like as far as production wise, that makes me so nervous to where it's saying, it don't matter if we got a generation of talent in seedee lamb toasting everybody off the ball. If every time oh, I'm getting hit, oh, and then guess what, now we just need to do a little dump screen because now you're not getting the.
Speaker 4: Best out of him.
Speaker 8: So he might be at his best, but it doesn't matter if we don't start right there in the front, just.
Speaker 2: Telling y'all Take a snapshot or what Joe Burrow was in that Cincinnati offense where he should have had it. He had MVP type numbers, but they just couldn't get enough wins. Take a snapshot of that, Photoshop it, and that's what this offense gonna look like this year. It may not produce many wins.
Speaker 4: That's big, big praise, but.
Speaker 2: That's gonna be It's gonna be heavy on the passing game. It's gonna be heavy on pickens. And I agree with you, We're gonna eat. I think he's gonna have a bounce back year. He said, sorry, gonna have a bounce back. I do, I do gonna eat. I think the passing game is where this I've I don't believe in what the running game they're putting up Joe Burrow numbers.
Speaker 5: If this offense is putting up Cincinnati numbers from last year, you don't think this defense could be serviceable enough?
Speaker 2: Yes, to get the job done.
Speaker 4: I think I think the defense is serving for enough. That's what they put up. They put If they put up Cincinnati numbers and.
Speaker 2: We're gonna need points a game to win, defense gonna give up like that, gonna need thirty points.
Speaker 8: A games.
Speaker 4: That government cheese Like, you can't just like that. Man. It's the reason why he made his name, and his defense has always been.
Speaker 5: Now he's had the tools on his defenses, and we'll see what this these defenses got.
Speaker 9: So we'll definitely gonna have to see.
Speaker 7: I mean, I don't I'm not arguing with you about it because like when you have too like those those guys are two of my favorite receivers, you know what I'm saying, Like, I like, CD grew on me actually, Like in the beginning, I was kind of questioning, like like is he just cold for real?
Speaker 9: But then numbers don't lie.
Speaker 7: And then the year that he like he, like I said, he's progressively gotten better every year, you know what I mean. George Pickens, Like outside of everything that was going on in Pittsburgh, when the boy came.
Speaker 9: To play, he was bawling, you know what I mean, the same thing when he was in Georgia.
Speaker 7: Like I remember that kid from from college, you know, watching him and just seeing how he's doing and so him getting here now he would be another Well he wasn't number one in Pittsburgh, so have that, Like, I definitely agree with you. They're gonna go they I think them boys are gonna get busy. It's gonna be hard to cover. But but like I said, you gotta have some balance. You gotta have some balance you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's gonna be balanced. Back a little bit to the left to see here on the side pickets. Jake Ferguson, All right, man, what's take our last break of the show. When we come back, we'll make our predictions. You gotta, you gotta, you gotta put your name on it. You gotta put your name on it. Around here. It's the players now, and you can't. You can't dance around this right here. You got to put your name on it. Right Yeah, we'll be right back. This is Players Lounge.
Speaker 13: Life is a workout, and Smoothie King is here to help you power through. Whether you're maxing out overhead presses, push them through chest flies, or being the hero your golden retriever needs to carry them over that scary bridge. Smoothie King has the fuel to help you go all out, build muscle, and boost your recovery. With forty five grams of protein zero grams have added sugar and delicious customizable ingredients, and the Gladiator Smith available in chocolate, strawberry and vanilla only at Smoothie Kit.
Speaker 10: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now, Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus Because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy wipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash.
Speaker 2: Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 10: That's get Jack Black dot com slash.
Speaker 2: Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 11: Raising Canes presents the other rules of football. Rule one, any broadcast without the express edition of cook to Order Cane's Chicken Fingers is prohibited. Rule twelve, no crinkle cut fries, texas toast, or cravable cane sauce constitutes an illegal formation. And Rule thirty one anybody who loves to feed their game face is an eligible receiver of Caines when it comes to winning game day. Canes rules Raising Cane's Chicken Fingers one love go Cowboys.
Speaker 9: Hey there, Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 10: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo, bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys theme casino games developed by Aristocrat, a brown sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem, Please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred gambler that's one eight hundred gam b l e R for twenty one.
Speaker 2: Over to the players line.
Speaker 8: The countdown to game Days starts with the Rally Days presented by seat Gee. Get behind the scenes, look at at and two he stadium, not but in front, not on the side, but behind the scenes, look up close and personal. Meet the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders and alumni, play games, win prize, and many more. Come feed your food, Come everybody, get your tickets at at and T Stadium dot com.
Speaker 4: Slash Rally Days. Pull up, be there or be square.
Speaker 2: Little L seven weenie right there. Don't be an L seven weenie. Get get there, Uh fronto. The Cowboys take on the Philadelphia Egos to open up.
Speaker 4: Man, that's how I said, what does L seven mean? And all of a sudden his wife and sister in law said, seven.
Speaker 2: Square maybe seven.
Speaker 4: I can't wait for.
Speaker 8: You brought it back, just like the Cowboys about to bring it back against the Eagles. Get to it, Jesse, let's talk about it. Predictions. I got the passes. Know he's not here, going to write it down?
Speaker 2: You you jumping?
Speaker 4: I ain't got no no, it's the twenty first cent. I can put it in.
Speaker 2: I gotta.
Speaker 4: Paper. Don't lie.
Speaker 2: You ain't gonna be a high from this one. Give me that, give me, give me that, give us that all I got, dave us. Just you guys, you got used to write it down to I. I want you to because because you because you got a lot of energy over there. You got you got twisted this way. You've got a lot of you got a lot of energy over there. I want to make sure you need some assistance.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what, since y'all got all the jokes started, Yeah, start, So.
Speaker 2: Here's what I need. Here's here's what I need. Uh, we're gonna get the prediction of the game. We're gonna go around the table get the prediction of the game. But with your prediction, I need an next factor. Who's going to be your X factor for this game? And why I'm I'm a you started, I'm a hold, I get to go last.
Speaker 13: Last.
Speaker 2: That's our show.
Speaker 4: This is your show. No more sent George, no more, this is ours. What you.
Speaker 2: Feel like this reason I'm gonna start with you start what you want to score too, or just yeah, you know, you know you got to give a score, Okay in this game Thursday, I'm going Eagles twenty four, Cowboys twenty one.
Speaker 5: So I got the Eagles getting the the My X factor is gonna be divine Tae Smith. I feel like Fluse and everybody. You got the owner. Everybody told, yeah, stop the running. They're gonna sell out to try to contain Saintwa. Not that they're gonna hold him to under twenty yards or anything like that, but I don't think he's gonna have one of these hundred and fifty yard games or any things like that. So I believe the X factor is gonna be Davontae Smith. They gonna do whatever they can to get aj Brown bottled up, whether that's putting digs and somebody over top having a linebacker, he's always gonna be covering. I feel like Dvalanntae's gonna get the majority of these one on ones. And let's just say Digs isn't playing. You're gonna You're gonna be out there with you know, Kareem Elam or you know Kaylyn Carson or something like that. And I gotta see what those guys can do in person before I can sit there and say they got a chance against Davontae Smith. So for me, I'm gonna say Devonte Smith is the X factor. I got him going for over one hundred touchdown maybe two, but that's gonna be the deciding factor.
Speaker 2: But it's gonna be a close game. Twenty seven twenty or twenty four twenty one Eagles, twenty four to twenty one Eagles for Barry.
Speaker 9: Church straight to me, she's okay.
Speaker 7: So in my head when while you were talking, I thought I saw thirty four seventeen, yeah, and thirty Eagles.
Speaker 2: All blood bath McGrath.
Speaker 7: A little, I mean, and it's it's just based off of off of the lack of what we know right now, like you said it did is going and play, you know what I mean? I'm in the realm that Saquan gonna come out and try to get a crack in first game to see you know what I mean. So, and I know he's gonna get the opportunity to and just like you mentioned, having those two receivers that they got out there, like the box gonna have to be a little bit light sometimes, you know what I'm saying. So with that being said, you know, I'm looking at sa Quan probably being the X factor.
Speaker 9: Thirty four seventeen.
Speaker 2: I'll go next, I'll say the last one for you, Trey, I go. I'm gonna go twenty eight, twelve Eagles, twelve Eagles. And here's my thing. Here's my thing is coming into this game. The Cowboys are still trying to figure out on so many levels who they actually are, right I think, and I've been one who talked about I need to see guys play just a little bit more on preseason because chemistry is a mother. You need that. You need that. That offensive line hasn't had a chance to play together. They've been in and out with injuries, all that kind of stuff. All of them kind of has some injury that they've dealt with a little bit upfront through our training camp. When I look outside, do I think George Pickers and Dak Prescott will jail? Sure?
Speaker 12: I do.
Speaker 2: But there is something to be said. When you were in the fire and I look out there and three looks back at me, are we seeing the same thing? Are we seeing this now? When I look to eighty eight, because we've been in the fire, they sees what I see. So I think still building that a little bit with them is like being able to trust it and just have that with no second thought, just we boom. I just there was too many gaps in between everybody all being together, you know what I'm saying, and a semi new offense, it's the same but different a little bit because there will be some sort of wrinkle that Shoty puts in on this offense there and then the same thing on the defensive end. I know you said it was supposed to be a team game, but I know this league like you know this, You know you need players and when you take away however you feel about Michael Parsons, and I've nobody has been more vocal about how some of the dumb stuff and that he's been than me. They were on my head a year ago when I called him selfish and they were on my Mama was on my head, brother was on my head. The fans is on my head.
Speaker 4: Boy, Look what came.
Speaker 2: I know what I believe in what I saw, But I also know why I believe in what I saw that I still was a bad joke who went out there every single Sunday that football fields, and that matters. That that takes osa from a B player to a B plus player. It takes a guy like Sam Mulliams from a C player to a B player because attention is targeted towards a player like Michael Parsons. Lines do shift that way, double teams do come that way, so I have more opportunities for these one on one opportunities throughout the game. You don't have that. Now you're trying to play this thing by committee. You've been around here long enough to know that committee's nothing always work for the Cowboys.
Speaker 8: As much as you say that, you know as well as I do. You might have a playmaker like that, but not saying he is the problem. But with everything that's been coming out there about rumors and egos and all that stuff, when you take a bad situation no matter how good the player is. Sometimes that gives people a pressure fresh are it takes that pressure off of them.
Speaker 2: They don't give no more skill, don't take the pressure. Might be you know what.
Speaker 4: Factor right now?
Speaker 2: I need give me.
Speaker 4: Eight twelve Eagles. I need the X fact to me.
Speaker 2: The X factor is gonna be one of the big boys up front, Jalen Carter or uh Jordan Davis. That that that that front right there is just a monster front. And you know, Tyler book and welcome to the National Football League. The first game out, you gotta deal with those dogs right there for four quarters. So yeah, CD and George all on you, big dog, who's gonna guard CD and George? Who got right there that they're gonna play a lot of his own coverage. They're gonna play a lot of his own coverage and try to keep everything in front of them.
Speaker 4: Gonna be a lot.
Speaker 9: They got rushed. Yeah, and they ain't got to bring nobody.
Speaker 2: But I wrote, yes, that's e no eye in my name.
Speaker 4: I'm play boy.
Speaker 2: It's all good show this much that is that is my name. That is my name.
Speaker 8: Though you know what, I'm sorry I spelled that wrong, just like all y'all predictions is wrong.
Speaker 4: I got the boy.
Speaker 8: It's twenty four, twenty seven. Hey, ain't no bias, but I'm telling you right now, Hey, say what you want to say.
Speaker 4: We all know, we all know, we all know. Yeah, nobody thought that was gonna come. I came with that one. Yes, and hear me out. We all know coming off that Super Bowl rud. What I wish, c B.
Speaker 8: I wish you could pull up the stats of how many people actually win coming out that first game.
Speaker 4: They're gonna be on the high horse.
Speaker 8: They're gonna be riding high, and then on top of that, you still living off that linelight.
Speaker 4: They lost your boy.
Speaker 8: The reason that you argue with Nui so much talking about the offensive coordinator was the guy Kevin Moore.
Speaker 4: Right, they got a new OC.
Speaker 8: What you say, you need time to jail, right, So you're getting over there, and I just think it's gonna really be Honestly, I just think it's gonna be a lot of sloppy football. And I think this is the This has the makings to be one of those early trap games to where the Cowboys are gonna win in a nail bier. And then once they win, what is everybody gonna say we just beat the Super Bowl chairs this happened, and then they go on the messha where it's like, didn't we see that Week one play when everybody else started to get better in jail?
Speaker 4: Typically they don't.
Speaker 8: So I think this is gonna be the game where they're gonna come out there, I think, And my X factor for the game, I'm putting it all on Kenny Clark, like what Nui said when I went back and watched the interview and just talking like we know how much pressure that is.
Speaker 4: But like when you have that dog that Afa.
Speaker 8: Mail, like you said, when you have that certain Gena said Kua, like he's walking around here, he's like, I don't care. I know Michael did this, and that I know that somebody believes in me. This is America's team. And on top of that, he's a run stopper, he's coming off of injury. He's gonna sit there. Why not make my name against the Super Bowl team, Say, Kwan Barkley one of the best runners in the game, and if he takes over that game and eliminates him in the middle right there and then makes Osa look like the guy that they paid him to be like I think that D line, we're gonna see some stuff. And it's the first game. You're not gonna see all the glitz and glamours. Like if you do, it's gonna be rusty. So I think it's gonna be a nail biterer. Like said, we're going with the boys my opinion, Yes, sir, I'm riding solo one deep as my boys zero down at H Town say one.
Speaker 3: D I'm confused, man, you confuse Last week it was yeah, everything you gotta throw you got last week.
Speaker 2: On your points. Last week, Hey.
Speaker 4: Man, I bluff you man what he saying? Magic say? He said?
Speaker 8: He said, you come out there, you're fake them like that over the shoulder, bro, like in all seriousness, Like I said, I it's just gonna come down to D line. Bro, I'm gonna leave it at that. I do think, like I said, Clint, gonna have them boys hunting over there. But that D line, man, it's different, you.
Speaker 7: Know what, Like I understand, I hear you say with the letdown, you know what I mean? And uh and and and it happens a lot, you know. But I think that it's a new it's a new day, it's a new time. And one of the things is that I like about Jalen Hurts. It is the fact that he is he seems like he's he's so purposeful an intent for with everything that he's doing as a leader. And that being said, I don't I think that they got they got the right type of focus, you know what I mean coming into this year, and I think it's gonna it's gonna be it's gonna be a hard game.
Speaker 8: But when is the Eagles ever just started out hot, like nobody didn't say at the beginning of the year, Eagles super Bowl and this, and that the Eagles progressively got better as the season went on, Like at the beginning of the last year, you were talking about guys reading books on the sideline.
Speaker 4: They're not doing this and doing that, Like, I don't.
Speaker 9: That was doing their success. He was bringing them books out.
Speaker 8: Darfore everybody start talking about what the potential Even when was there, people were still complaining, like they didn't start out at the beginning of the year like oh, this is it, like this is the super Bowl? Like it was soppy play that got better. They're not one of those teams that just come out there like that, like they hot grits.
Speaker 4: It's just ready.
Speaker 8: This ain't instant rawman, like you ain't going out there in two minutes. And they ready like let them boys yell man.
Speaker 2: Well we'll see.
Speaker 8: I like, I like doing the difference problem for them possible. There you go myself one deep.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you gotta be one deep and standing on that.
Speaker 4: And I'm still gonna get nickings sounds at the end of the day.
Speaker 2: Why you think that's what Jesse Holly, this is the players like Friday makes sense. But we'll see if if if solo Man was right about that. The players loud me out.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.