Speaker 1: You are listening to the Rosenthal and jessel Nick vanity project, or, as I like to call it, the biggest mistake of Anthony's career.
Speaker 2: Craig, why are you yelling.
Speaker 1: Welcome to NFL Daily. It's not the Rosenthal and jessel Nick bandy project. Yes, this is where Archer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's up. Horses are always the soldiers of pats.
Speaker 1: We've got Anthony jessel Nick in the NFL Daily Chris Westling podcast Studios with our friend Colleen Wolf. Welcome Anthony. I hope that brings you back some some good times.
Speaker 2: Thank you. It's good to be here.
Speaker 3: Although I will admit that the last time I was here at the NFL Network, you guys were in a different neighborhood. Yes, And when I would a saplayin you were in Culver City, I would say, I want a car to bring me here. I'm not coming back to the NFL until you bring me a car. And then I got in the car today I was like, Oh, we're not going to Culver City. We're going an extra half hour. I've been in the car for an hour to get here.
Speaker 4: I was going to ask you that.
Speaker 2: Make it worth it, Greg, make it worth it? For me.
Speaker 1: I mean, isn't it just worth it to see me and to see Colleen? It's been it's great A long time. I haven't seen coin a long time. I haven't seen you in a couple of days. I see you all the time.
Speaker 2: I'm here.
Speaker 3: I'm just promoting my special I'm getting I got in a Netflix special called Bones and All, came out a couple of weeks ago. Been getting great press. I got New York Times today. I gave me best gesture, best gesture for after I told a joke. The laugh was so long that I looked at my watch and they said that was the best gesture in a comedy special all year, Number five, Pretty damn good on Vulture's top list.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I like that. You're just coming out hot with the with the promo. What else am I going to talk about here at the NFL netwek that's going to help.
Speaker 3: I'm going to get to that. See, every every instinct in me wants to get you in trouble. Like right when I said, Wilsa, am I going to talk about the five things that popped into my head? We've gotten you both fired.
Speaker 4: Panic just watched over Greg's face.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it really has.
Speaker 1: So if you're an OG listener of the Rosenthal and Jeslin Nick Vanny Project RJVB, that was a podcast.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you remember this, Colleen.
Speaker 1: Twenty fifteen, Anthony and I launched the podcast that ran through the NFL podcast division and is still up there amazingly right now.
Speaker 2: I don't want to say.
Speaker 4: Greg is shocked by it.
Speaker 1: I don't want to say too much more about it because I want people to go listen to it.
Speaker 2: It's great stuff. I'm proud of it.
Speaker 1: And yes, throughout that whole time there, you were very angry at our executive at the time, Tom Brady, and really the whole organization. Not only would they not pay you or us extra for doing it, but they would not send you a car to pick you up every week. And it was just you got increasingly angry throughout the courses.
Speaker 4: The things are changing.
Speaker 3: Yes, now I can get a car, and now I'm going to be here every day. I think I think I'm going to be seven days a week NFL daily, just to promote the special, Yeah, just to tell you what I've gotten and h and yeah, if you guys send me car every.
Speaker 2: Day two hour around I'll take that hour commute.
Speaker 1: Well I read well, now you can appreciate that when I was driving from here to Burbank for the Jesselnick and Rosenthal Vanity Project.
Speaker 2: Come on, bro, you know what a hike. What a hike it was.
Speaker 1: But yes, we have seen each other a lot recently because we just taped what might be the last episode of our other podcast and we called it later Alligators. And Anthony has just spent like the last handful of podcasts threatening our listeners that he's going to quit, and then finally we did what might be the last episode. But I don't believe it at all. So he's just like putting them through unnecessary stress.
Speaker 5: Oh, you guys keep ending podcasts together. So yeah, let's get this one going.
Speaker 3: I mean, Colin doesn't know what we're talking about. Colleen's on TV. Yeah, only DENI are TV people. You're a podcast so we can end podcasts to start podcast whenever we won't.
Speaker 2: We're TV people.
Speaker 4: It's a power that we have.
Speaker 2: It's a look, you know, it's a vibe I do.
Speaker 1: I am on a show called NFL Game Debut, which they play increasingly early in the morning.
Speaker 4: I told them it's a TV show.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: I think you have to get up at four am to see it. But Colleen went hung with us in Montreal, I believe, not in Montreal.
Speaker 4: I've never been to Canada.
Speaker 1: I don't know why I said Montreal because I've never been in Montreal with Anthony uh San Francisco when we did a live show of our podcast and you were just there at the Comedy Festival, am I.
Speaker 5: Oh, yeah, that's right, and we all sat around a fire I think in like really comfortable big chairs.
Speaker 2: Clusterfest, back when Comedy Central was still a power.
Speaker 1: Yes, when they had money to send us there. I stayed like in a nice hotel. It was awesome. Okay, we're here. We're promoting the special New York Times is Game vid it love. I love the Colleen hasn't yet watched.
Speaker 5: It too, but I will say I did downloaded for my flight home from New Orleans, but I fell asleep because it was a six am flight, so I didn't get to start it yet. But I didn't fall asleep because I had started it. It was because I only had three hours of sleep that went.
Speaker 3: I need to see right from compliment to insult, like if you would cut it off in the beginning, it's like thank you calling.
Speaker 4: It's like, but I'm gonna go home and watch it tonight.
Speaker 2: No, it is. It is like a trait.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you see a listener in the wild or whatever and they're like, yeah, I haven't like listened to the new podcast, but I love the old one, or just you know, things like they think they're you know, tell I haven't listened a wow. I used to listen all the time.
Speaker 4: I like when people are like, what are you doing? Now?
Speaker 2: What are you doing?
Speaker 3: These days people don't realize they can just lie to you.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: Love the new special, That's all I need. I'm not going to ask for details. I'm not going to say what part did you love? You know it was your favorite joke. I'm just gonna say.
Speaker 5: Thanks, well learning today, so that's great, But you're going to that gesture that you had when you looked at your watch wheneveryone was laughing.
Speaker 1: Wait, so New York Times did like the Best Comedy Awards.
Speaker 3: It was like a Comedian of the Year was Nicky Glazer, and it was like specialty year was this, like best joke about this, and then I was best Gesture, which is kind of like The New York Times wanted to throw me a bone.
Speaker 2: Yes you know, but it was like.
Speaker 3: Hey, diversity, so let's give the white guy the best gesture.
Speaker 2: That's you just raging against cancel culture.
Speaker 3: I'm so mad about cancel culture. I mean, listen, I could take up I could take up the rest of the NFL Daily. I could take up the whole daily.
Speaker 4: His eyes are lighting up right now.
Speaker 2: Cancel culture, guys.
Speaker 1: I have no idea how long this NFL Daily is going to go, but I do I do want to talk a little football in it.
Speaker 2: Please. You're you're a big fan of the Steelers.
Speaker 3: I'm from Pittsburgh, born and raised, so yes you are. It's in my blood.
Speaker 1: This is the most promising Steelers season.
Speaker 2: There in a while.
Speaker 1: I was going to say since that pandemic year where they had a really good record, but it wasn't old Ben Roethlisberger, and by the time they got to the playoffs they were pretty creaky. I actually can't remember a Steelers team in recent in a while that I actually thought, Wow, they could be in the super Bowl. They could be in our college home, you know, College Place, New Orleans, and they could be playing They absolutely.
Speaker 3: Could be I do not trust Kansas City, I do not trust Buffalo. I think the Steelers can pull it out this year. I think Russ is cooking and I'm loving it. And if US goes down, we got fields. As soon as Pickens comes back and I hear, I hear, he's getting crazy stuff injected in him, so he's gonna be back sooner than you think. So I think. I think it's all about injuries, like it is every year. But I think the Steelers have a good chance this year.
Speaker 4: What about this week though, playing the Eagles.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, hold on to that, hold on to that. We haven't gotten too our big segment yet. I've got plenty of, which is called Jessel picks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very excited for that.
Speaker 1: We had an old segment back in the day, and again, Colleen, I really recommend you, more than anyone, should go.
Speaker 2: Back and listen to this.
Speaker 1: One of our hit segments was Crunk or Funky Funky Fresh, and we would just go through the games that were happening that week, and Anthony would decide whether that game was crunk or funky funky Fresh.
Speaker 3: And what people don't people forget is that I was right, Oh yeah, if you look back a week later, like I nailed everyone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was.
Speaker 4: I was really well, everyone still talks about it here.
Speaker 2: I believe it. Yeah, I believe it.
Speaker 1: It's actually not true because no one that was at the company in twenty fifteen still works here.
Speaker 3: Belive I was gonna say that. Yeah, I think everyone's gone. I think you guys traded in employees for a new podcast studio.
Speaker 1: I did introduce Anthony to yeah, to Eric behind the glass. Chris is back there as well, and you know, made a reference to our old producer Brandon Marcus. But you'd like no one in there had even ever ever heard of him.
Speaker 2: Thing.
Speaker 1: Things change fast. But that's why I'm holding on for dear life.
Speaker 3: It's a fun little thing for the listener who definitely knows supreme marks. Uh.
Speaker 1: The Steelers though, like in a big game, let's say they're in the divisional round, they're playing in Buffalo. What is your trust level with Russell Wilson?
Speaker 2: Like TJ.
Speaker 1: Watt for all the great things that he's done in his career, Like how many how many playoff wins have they have they had since TJ.
Speaker 2: Watt's been there? Like zero?
Speaker 3: I would assume zero. I don't think I'd want to play maybe one at most, and that's okay. You know, we're building the team. The standard is the standard. We've got these grant we've got these games. We've got Philadelphia, Yeah, we've got Baltimore, We've got Kansas City. I think we play him in like eleven days. It's something nuts where if we get through that two and one guaranteed super Bowl, we could go zero to three and still I think make the super Bowl. Again, it's going to come down to who's healthy at the right time. Do not bet against Tomlin? And again, can the coach of the year?
Speaker 2: Definitely coach? You know, he's never been coach of the year.
Speaker 5: I do know that because I did a whole thing on one of the episodes that.
Speaker 4: Probably aired before this or after this. I don't know, But how has that happened?
Speaker 2: Racism? It's just you know what, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, if you like it is one of those things that you go through year by year and it's like, oh, that guy made sense in that year.
Speaker 2: That guy made sense in that year.
Speaker 1: But it's because it's because it's because of the standard, because he the expectations are so high every year that when they just kind of meet him that you don't give it to him. It's always someone like Kevin Stefanski who leads the Browns to ten wins with Joe Flacco, instead of like a great coach like Andy Reid never wins it to win a single game with Kenny Pickett.
Speaker 3: Should have given him Coach of the Year to win one game over three seasons.
Speaker 2: They should just give him. They should rename the award after him.
Speaker 1: It is kind of amazing Kenny Picketts on your team. You know, little rivalry here Dealers Eagles, the Pennsylvania rivalry.
Speaker 4: It's not really a thing at all. No, everyone's trying to make it a thing.
Speaker 3: No, No, it's too they're too far away. It's an eight hour drop. They're playing each other this week.
Speaker 2: That makes it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they play every four years. Maybe like it's not. No, one's like it's exciting to see how good are we because we're both I think you're what eleven and two, You've got two losses, We got three. So yeah, I think this game is going to say a lot about the state of both of these teams, But I don't think it really means.
Speaker 5: Anything, not anything about the state in general of Pennsylvania. No, the Keystone State right EasTone state battle is what.
Speaker 4: I keep hearing.
Speaker 1: M Kenny Pickett was so bad in the preseason that there was like a big you know, people wanted him bench, people wanted him cut from you know, and they thought it was just favoritism and whatnot because of the trade that they made that they gave up something that the Eagles even made him their backup, like yar quarterback wasn't even good enough to be their their backup.
Speaker 3: I don't know what he's good enough to be, but not the Steelers starter because it's us his job now. Russ, I'm all about Russ.
Speaker 2: Like but as a long term thing.
Speaker 3: I think Russ can play for ten more years. I think Russ can play at a high level for ten more years.
Speaker 1: I did like there is something about it that's a great story that you spend I spent many years kind of thinking he's, you know, pretty low on the list of like people you would want to hang out with in the NFL. Not that any of them would want to hang out with me or that it'd be like that, but he just didn't seem like like a fun guy, and he seemed a little overrated.
Speaker 3: He's the biggest doork in the NFL. He's the biggest dork in the NFL. He decided in high school he wanted to marry Ciarra, and then he married Ciara, and then he told people that you shouldn't have told anybody that, Russ, you should have just done it and it would have been cool. Who was the guy he used to He used to be a running back for Green Bay and he's obsessed with Batman and they did a thing. I think he was the biggest dork in the NFL for a long long time. He was the biggest dork, and then when he retired. Now Russell Wilson is the biggest dork.
Speaker 1: I mean, how can you be the biggest dork? Though, if you did marry Ciara, like I know, it's not a cool move to tell everyone that ahead of time.
Speaker 2: I had not heard that story.
Speaker 1: And but the fact that she's okay with him telling that story.
Speaker 2: He's crazy.
Speaker 4: Things happen every day.
Speaker 3: Wants dork, Ciarra wants a door. Sure, see any of the videos that do together. Russell's not saying anything. He's just standing there holding her hand while she dances, which good for him. I'm not knocking him. I'm just saying he's a dork. But you want your starting quarterback to be a dork. Tom Brady was the biggest dork in the world, right behind Russell Wilson for a long long time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now he's now he's a broadcast.
Speaker 3: You tell me Patrick Mahomes is cool. Patrick Mahomes is a dork. You're thinking of his brother, his brother, his brothers.
Speaker 2: They did spend like too much time on that was it? What was it? Hard knocks?
Speaker 1: Now was the quarterback show of like walking around with him at like an amusement park with his family.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's perfectly nice family.
Speaker 1: But it does kind of support your theory that it wasn't that interesting. The quarterbacks are never like the most interesting player on the team.
Speaker 2: It's not creaty.
Speaker 3: If they're the most interesting person on the team, they're getting cut. Like those ja those days of like McMahon, you know behind center are over. You need to sober up and memorize the players.
Speaker 1: Jalen Hurts is not like that interesting. Have you heard about this little controversy in Philadelphia this week? Probably not between There was a story that came out from Brandon game.
Speaker 2: You explain it okay.
Speaker 5: Jalen Hurts quarterback and AJ Brown. After the game the other day, AJ Brown was asked what needs to change with this offense even though they won the game, and he said the passing game because he wasn't getting the ball. They're not really throwing the ball right now. And he said it with like this smirk on his face.
Speaker 4: Whatever.
Speaker 5: So then it kind of like starts to become a little bit of a thing. Brandon Graham, who sees and has ended, he has a radio show in Philly Weekly. He goes on his radio show and he says, hey, they used to be friends, but sometime like people change and they can't let the personal stuff get in the way of the business stuff.
Speaker 4: Then after that happens, he.
Speaker 5: Walks it back, Brandon Graham does and says, it's fine, like you know everything, there's nothing wrong here. There's nothing that's like happening between the two of them. So obviously there is something happening between the two of.
Speaker 3: Them, obviously, I mean big advantage Steelers, I think is that what that says to me?
Speaker 1: This is actually you mentioned, you know, us seeing each other twice in such a short period because we just, you know, did what could have been the last JRVP. We'll see when do you think the next time we'll see each other? Because now, like that little conversation Aja Brown Jalen hurts, you know, that made me think it's important to keep the personal touches close. Maybe that's what broke up JRVPS is the personal bank I get.
Speaker 3: I mean definitely Egos got involved. You know, Ego's fraid as we went on. You know, in the locker room culture at jerr VP was was pretty haze ful, hazeful and brutal. I would guess we would see each other on New Year's. I bet I'm back. When does your family get back from Japan after New Year's?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, see, I get back a little bit before New Year's. You're back New Year's. I could see you're looking at Colleen like colleing nobody you to a party.
Speaker 4: And I'm no, no, I'm trying to leave the country.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I am wondering what Colleen's gonna do. No, I'm hanging out by myself. You won't be there to go with me on Chris Christmas Day to the same Holocaust movie that we went to last year on Christmas Day.
Speaker 2: I want to I always want to call it a sound of freedom, but that's not it. That is the opposite of the what the hell did you guys do on Christmas?
Speaker 3: All a cost movie where it was just you just heard it the Zone of Interest Zone of Interest we saw, which was a great movie, yes, and the sound was memorable from it.
Speaker 1: If you've seen it, you kind of know what I'm talking about. And we just thought, you know, what's the most kind of badass thing we could do?
Speaker 2: We see the opposite of Christmas? Right, let's let's see the zone of Interest? And it was good.
Speaker 1: And then I went to work later that day and did did Monday night football. We once saw cats on Christmas? We did as well. That was fun, very unsober. This is what happens when your family leaves you. And then when you bring it up that your family leaves you on Christmas, like people think you're not a good person or not a good father or husband, but it's just every family is different.
Speaker 4: I'm upset that you guys can't do something together this Christmas.
Speaker 3: Well I'm going to see my family. My family loves me and so they want me there.
Speaker 2: Oh that's nice.
Speaker 4: What's that?
Speaker 2: Like? You know?
Speaker 3: I tried to explain it to Greg several times, and it's almost impossible.
Speaker 2: It was impossible to.
Speaker 1: What is the reception for you back in Pittsburgh these days?
Speaker 2: Be praid?
Speaker 1: You know, you're here with the leather jacket. That's been a thing for a while, but the hair is becoming increasingly long. Yeah, yeah, just unique. Everyone not Pittsburgh's style. So you show up there in.
Speaker 3: Pittsburgh doesn't believe I'm from Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh thinks I'm Los Angeles. So when I show up, it's like I see some people from high school and they're like okay, but otherwise they're just like, what are you doing here? But I'm going to a Penguins game and maybe I'll run into some fans there. I usually see a couple of people, But Pittsburgh is proud of me if they know I'm from Pittsburgh, but they don't believe it. I'm a suburb guy. Where are you a suburb of Philly or you? Yeah, yeah, that's where That's where the soul is it is. That's what they say, city is the suburbs.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: People if you are listening by the way and wondering like why is Anthony on the show, and I should have explained as a as a better host off the top that you're learning that we're friends, best friends going back to college. Yes, at Tulane, and that was the genesis of doing our JVP back at the NFL. We went out to LA together to have an internship between our junior and senior years of college. Anthony hooked me up with it. I had nothing to do that summer. He had come with me to Massachusetts the summer before and waited tables and worked at a restaurant in Martha's Vineyard with me, and I had nothing to do that summer. I didn't want to hang around New Orleans. I was like, can I tag along with you?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 4: Greg's just been riding your coat tails for how many LA?
Speaker 1: And then who do you think stood out more as like a long term employment candidate at that company as an assistant at an African American movie production company.
Speaker 3: If you were going to hire either Greg to answer the phone, this feels like a trick question. It was Greg. It was not even a question. It was that Greg got the job and then I became a stand up comedian. But if I had gotten that job, maybe I'm not doing stand up. Yeah, maybe I'm hosting NFL. Yeah, and Colleen's a chef. I know, you don't know what could have happened, Yeah, the sliding doors situation.
Speaker 1: Maybe the personal animists that came up for me getting all the buzz on Jessel Nick and Rosenthal Vanny Project j JVB for being the funny one, and that like Anthony just couldn't take that after a while, that so many of our fans were just like, we love.
Speaker 2: Greg, like more Greg, a little less.
Speaker 4: Greg has this dream almost every night.
Speaker 1: A little less Anthony, like like Greg is so funny, like less Anthony.
Speaker 2: It's weird.
Speaker 3: Let's say we did an episode and I was like, oh, welcome to the JVP. Greg's not here today. Do you think anyone turns it off? Do you think a single person think anyone notices?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I don't think so.
Speaker 3: I think if you said a welcome to JEV, Anthony couldn't be here. You're hearing some clicks, you're hearing them live.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I am wondering, Like there were people, you know, very excited they still are inside this company for you to be coming.
Speaker 4: This was this was mostly inside this room.
Speaker 1: See as a big as a big time get I'm wondering if they've listened to this twenty to twenty five minutes, whether they still feel this same are there? I mean, Eric just sounds confused. Look back when we did our JVP I number.
Speaker 3: After we finished, I had a meeting with the main guy at the NFL network at the time, and he said, would you like to work with the NFL network in the future? And I said, do you guys think that you can work with me?
Speaker 2: Right? And he laughed and he said, yeah, you're right, and then I left. Was it Charlie Yuke? Was it?
Speaker 3: I'm Brady, Yeah, but there's there's nothing on the NFL network where I could fit in without like someone's getting in trouble for this.
Speaker 2: For sure. I think we're good. I think we're good so far. I hope so far so far.
Speaker 1: But i'n't even got There were moments we were we were pitching television shows with the two of us. That's how it started, like, oh yeah, maybe it could be like a Friday afternoon show. Uh, And it ended up being a podcast that that you didn't get paid for, but it was meticulously planned.
Speaker 4: Worked out great for you.
Speaker 2: Anthony helped.
Speaker 1: Anthony would like, I want every segment planned out. It was like, we did more prep than.
Speaker 4: Than you wanted to be prepared.
Speaker 1: This is what you're I mean, I'm extremely prepared for what we do and that's why I'm excited about this final segment we're gonna do.
Speaker 3: If you had told me that we hadn't started taping yet, I would believe that's the way you run the show. If you had been like, all, are you ready to go?
Speaker 1: I would be like, Okay, we're normally we're normally talking about football, so this is a little different. It's a little something extra. We're actually going to take a quick break. We made it this far in the show, and we're going to come back and we're going to do Jessel Picks the first sure and last time.
Speaker 2: Back on NFL Daily. And this is it. This is the last.
Speaker 1: Thing that you have to do, Anthony, before you were on your Christmas break.
Speaker 3: This sounds like the soundtrack to like the trailer of a movie where someone with an axe is walking through a hospital.
Speaker 2: It seems like this Christmas get ready. I would see that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, real Christmas miracle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't have anyone to go with me.
Speaker 1: On Christmas this year, So make that movie for me so.
Speaker 2: I can watch it at home. I saw Gladiated too, Go see that. That great? That's great. I would see that.
Speaker 1: And yes, yeah, Anthony has been touring this material for two years. I was there when he was first kind of trying it out. That's the time when I like to jump in is when he's just doing those fifteen minutes at the comedy Store, which you'll probably be doing again soon when you start just working it up from scratch. And that was more than two years ago. It was a journey that took you all around the world, biggest theater tour you had.
Speaker 2: Like what was I don't know what was your most fun stop?
Speaker 3: I mean, I mean London was amazing. It was great to go back and see the progression. The first time I played London, I played for seventy people. The second time I went back for years later, four hundred people. And this was thirty five who So it was just like wow, like they're responding Berlin. The last time I played Berlin it was one hundred people sitting on the floor. This was twenty five hundred people. My parents were there, Like that was crazy. It was It was great to just see the audience as responding to the last special. As a comic, you put out a new special and you don't know how well it does until you go on tour again and then see people buy tickets.
Speaker 2: It's like, Okay, they liked it. So it takes a few years.
Speaker 4: That's cool.
Speaker 2: And you sound like.
Speaker 3: You guys were like, you do something and immediately people are.
Speaker 4: Like, you suck instant gratification. Yeah, I mean I know, I know right away, like what are you wearing? What are you saying? Buyer this person? Why do you have a job? Yeah, yeah, yeah, I just know. Yeah, I can take the temperature very easily.
Speaker 1: And you I remember, yeah, we were taping the last JAVP and you said that was the last thing you had to do as a part of this whole tour and promotion. And you have a feature that was done in Vulture, but no, it's NFL Daily your home.
Speaker 2: That is the very last thing that you will do.
Speaker 3: It's a big this is the cherry on top of the sun, all right, so let's do it. It's time.
Speaker 4: Everything has led to this for jessel Picks.
Speaker 2: This weekend is crazy.
Speaker 1: The four to twenty five window has two of the very best games of the season in Steelers Eagles, and Bill's lines potentially Super Bowl previous. We're going to get to those in a second. But in terms of two games with teams with that high a winning percentage this late in the season, it has never happened in NFL history that two teams that you know, two games that good are going to happen at the same time. But at the very same time, there's two other big time games. And yes, we're into the segment of the show called Jessel Picks. Both Colleen and I have to make picks in really high stakes environments. I do it against Cynthia Freeland, and I do it on game debut. You do it on game day morning. You got to come up with your upset picks. So we thought Anthony can help us make our picks. This week. We're going to start with Bolts and Broncos. Now you might think Colts Broncos, that's that's not that big a game.
Speaker 2: Oh you're wrong.
Speaker 1: Six of the seven AFC wildcard spots are all but decided, like ninety four percent chance to make the playoffs en up. For six of those teams, there's really only one spot left and it is Colts as the underdog, the unofficial team of Colleen Wolfe every year. She's always into the Colts. They're always a little math and the Broncos led by Sean Payton, who got rid of your boy Russell Wilson, didn't like him at all. That would be a spicy play. How to use the matchup? Know how to use them? I mean perhaps if they win this game with their rookie quarterback bow Nicks, they're all but guaranteed to get that seventh spot and the Colts are all but done, So it's sort of a loser goes home game at least for the Colts. Colts Broncos on Sunday, Who do you like?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 3: I think it's gonna be a tough game. I think it's going to go into overtime for sure.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: I'm thinking extra extra quarter, extra ten minutes to play. I think Jesus Christ comes back and for the five minutes left, comes down in fifty yard line, introduces John Candy oh wow to the audience, who immediately spikes of football and tears down the gold player.
Speaker 4: So I mean, ratings would yeah, that.
Speaker 3: Would be the ratings are the winner Uncle Buck to like mccauay gull, it's too old for Uncle Buck two.
Speaker 2: So it's just a tie.
Speaker 1: It's it's the game is over at that point with the tie. Well, they that would be good actually for the NFL. This is what my sources tell me, right, both teams stay alive in that scenario. Like, it doesn't totally eliminate the cults. Maybe they're in the mix for the division more than anything. It would be great for like the post game shows. We have Chris Rose for instance, doing our post game show. We have Jesus on the side of all network. The highlights would be incredible.
Speaker 2: Who do you think people want to talk to more?
Speaker 3: Jesus or John Can So I'll tell you right now, you're gonna get a wait in line behind me to talk to John Candy.
Speaker 1: He's America's sweetheart. They're still playing Plane Strains and Automobiles in the theater. It's a classic at the arrow right near my house. I just docks myself all right, Colleen, Okay, why do you introduce this next game?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 5: Bill's Lions, Bucks Chargers. Let's go Bucks charge Bucks Chargers. Okay, Bucks Chargers. Can the Chargers beat a team with a winning record. That's sort of been their deal this year. They've had all of these close wins or losses, but they are only one in four against teams that are above five hundred and the Bucks, somehow, some way, they have been able to weather the storm without their wide receivers. When Mike Evans and Chris Godwin we're down, and now they all of a sudden are leading the NFC South. They are a playoff team and they want to stay there.
Speaker 4: So what do you think here? The Chargers?
Speaker 5: They have the best scoring defense in the entire league. Can the Bucks keep scoring against them?
Speaker 3: I think I think you're right in everything that you said. I believe that the Chargers are gonna win this game. I believe that Harbaugh is too big a psychopath, yeah not to win this game. And I've been told by my sources that during pregame warm ups that Justin Herbert is going to go over to who's the Bucks quarterback Baker Mayfield and tear off his face.
Speaker 2: I've heard this.
Speaker 4: It's gonna wear it.
Speaker 2: He's gonna just tear.
Speaker 3: It off and then keep it so he can't put it back on to play the game. He can still play it's savage move.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a savage it's a savage move. It's a Harbaugh move.
Speaker 1: It's kind of silly too. It would expose the Bucks. I think their backup quarterback is a gentleman by the name of Kyle Trask.
Speaker 2: I feel like that's advantage chargers charges within. I think I think you're right.
Speaker 3: Unless the charges backup quarterback whose name I do not know, goes over in tear off his face.
Speaker 2: That would be the move, but that would be tough to do. Well, as you see somebody.
Speaker 3: Once you see one of your teammates tear off another guy's face, you want to get in on the action.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I love that. I love it if I've reached over right now and ripped off Greg's face, calling, what's the first thing?
Speaker 4: You don't I try and rip your face off?
Speaker 2: Exactly? Everybody knows. I love that.
Speaker 1: I'm definitely taking charges because of that. All right, Packers Seahawks, that's the Sunday night football game, big game in the NFC. Seahawks one of my favorite teams because of Geno Smith and how he's resurrected his career the high level he's playing at at eight and five in first place of the NFC West. People didn't think they'd be there. Packers in this weird spot in the NFL. Right now, they're nine to four. You think that's great. That only makes them third in the division. You lose this game, and who knows, you might have to even start worrying about not making the playoffs at all. A tradition of quarterbacks unlike any other, from Brett Favre to Aaron Rodgers to Jordan Love do they go on the road Sunday Night Football and end the Seahawks winning streak.
Speaker 2: I got to tell you this right now, Seattle people.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry. Your stadium's too loud. It gets too loud. You guys need to shush it up a little bit. I'm trying to enjoy the game. I think the Seahawks are going to win. I think they're gonna win big. I think you're gonna see Aaron Rodgers on the sidelines with Joe Rogan openly weeping throughout the game.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's my prediction.
Speaker 1: Now he's not, you know, on the Packers, of course, he's just wish God, understand.
Speaker 3: Give anything to get back into a dark room and pick the pick the Packers again.
Speaker 2: That's that's your guy, Joe Joe Rogan.
Speaker 1: I mean their buddies, Aaron Rodgers your but you were buddies back in the day.
Speaker 3: Right now, he's my best friend in the whole world. Okay, I talk to him every day.
Speaker 2: It would be a viral moment.
Speaker 3: Talk to him more than I talked to him with him Greg, Yeah, Greg's a texture where Rogan wants to talk. Rogan wants to say good morning, you know, what are you going to do today? Daily affirmation kind of thing. That's a Rogan. That's a Rogan. Greg's just like I love you heart emoji.
Speaker 1: Not to take too much of as side tour here, but are you going to watch the Aaron Rodgers Netflix show? And have you seen the promo for it? Rogan's not on the promo.
Speaker 3: I saw a promo where he's wearing like it looks like he's wearing like sleep gear.
Speaker 2: I thought it was a joke. That's a real show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a show about Aaron Rodgers and it's called Enigma, and he, you know, helped produce it. Kind of one of those self made up of course.
Speaker 3: If you like the remember when Aaron Rodgers was likable.
Speaker 4: Remember, No, I can't remember if you was.
Speaker 3: He was likable so long ago, and then he has done everything. It's like he's been following a playbook on how to not be likable. That that I would if he was sacrificing hisself for the greater good and we found out one day, I would believe it.
Speaker 4: He's doing the opposite of Russell Wilson.
Speaker 2: Oh, yes, yeah, that's all. He got divorced from Ciarra.
Speaker 4: Yeah, didn't tell anyone about it.
Speaker 2: No, I couldn't agree more. You almost forget.
Speaker 1: Yeah, at one point, like Aaron Rodgers was the most exciting quarterback I've ever seen. You root for him and I didn't know that that much about him, And now I know way too.
Speaker 3: You remember when you were the first time you got you got a hint that he was off as rocker?
Speaker 4: I do, what was it for you?
Speaker 3: Sixty minutes did a profile on him and he meets a fan and the fan goes, I thought you'd be taller, and Aaron Rodgers loses his mind. He loses his mind. I really don't appreciate that. I don't appreciate that. And the guy's like, oh, you're you're like six one. I just thought, you're like, I don't appreciate that at all, and they left it in the interview, and then Aaron Rodgers got mad at sixty minutes for leaving it in. If you're over six feet tall and you're insecure about your height, I'm six two. A six or five guy can walk in here right now. Nothing he can do to me. All Right, I'm immortal. So if you're six ' one and you're bothered about your height, something's weird, something's wrong.
Speaker 2: What about if you're five to six rounding.
Speaker 3: Up, that's fine. If you're below six feet, that's your world.
Speaker 2: You live in it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that makes sense.
Speaker 2: You're fine.
Speaker 4: Wow, When was that?
Speaker 2: It was a long time ago because people were surprised.
Speaker 5: You were like ahead of things. Then it's my sources, man, they're good.
Speaker 2: My first hint that.
Speaker 1: I remember off the top of my head was the Mina Kimes profile of him, which Mina is a lovely human being, like very smart, and it was a very nice profile of them, But there were just these little things in it that.
Speaker 4: Was just like you were picking up on them this guy.
Speaker 2: There were I guess there were more moments in that way.
Speaker 3: For me.
Speaker 5: It was when he was like, oh yeah, Green Bay a real vacation destination for people when they were trying to talk about like free agents coming in and Rogers having more control, just like what why the shot at like your your team's base?
Speaker 2: Really? Yeah? All right, let's get back to Jessel picks.
Speaker 1: My super Bowl pick before the start of the season was Bills and Lions. And if you're a regular listener to NFL Daily, I haven't let you forget about it because it's looking good. It is, so you got to just honk about it while it's looking good.
Speaker 2: Eric's Bills.
Speaker 1: I know they're like the two or the three seed right now, but to me, the best team in the AFC, the best quarterback in the NFL right now with Josh Allen, you got the Lions.
Speaker 2: They've won ten straight.
Speaker 1: They're everyone's favorite team in Detroit. This Sunday could be a Super Bowl preview. Bill's Lions Jessel pick time.
Speaker 3: Look, I smart money wants to say Lions. I think the Lions have been getting lucky and they've been getting cocky. It's kind of like the Chiefs, who are like how long can I keep this up? For The Bills are coming off a loss. If I'm not mistaken, and I think the Bill's got everything to play for. However, I think we've got a dark Knight rise of situation. We're during the opening kickoff, the entire field explodes and only the player returning the kickoff survives. Everyone else is gone.
Speaker 1: A lot of death and destruction during the Jessel picks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't go back to it's like that.
Speaker 1: Your sources keep hearing everything.
Speaker 2: Well, that's true.
Speaker 1: If it's a long term thing, that that would be a very lionsy way for the season to end. Just the team is gone in the crowd potentially. But hinds Ward is okay, wasn't heines Ward blocking on that play?
Speaker 3: The greatest hines Ward play ever? Wood scored and then turned around was like that was the best acting ever was when he turned around and saw that all his friends were dead and he just dropped the football.
Speaker 2: Love, Jorg. Let's let's wrap it up with with your game.
Speaker 5: I mean it's our game. I would say, Eagles and Steelers. The Eagles, they should be everything should be lovely, Rosie right now.
Speaker 4: Nine straight wins.
Speaker 5: But you know here in the stuff that I explained to you about Jalen Hurts and aj Brown, even though Saquon Barkley is absolutely crushing it and when you just give him the ball if you wanted to move the offense around whatever.
Speaker 4: Against the Steelers, your team, that has.
Speaker 5: Been I think one of the biggest surprises this year because the expectations were a little bit lower than usual coming into the year because you didn't know what you had at the quarterback position.
Speaker 3: I'll say this, and I'm going to kind of I'm gonna kind of split the difference with the Colleen, because I know you're such a big fans. I believe that for all the reasons you just mentioned, nine wins in a row, you can't maintain that. You got locker room drama, you can't maintain that. I believe the Steelers even without Pickens. I think they've learned to play without Pickens. I think they're getting more inventive. I think the offense is getting more exciting. I think that the Steelers will win this game this weekend, but I think that's a bad thing if we do end up matching up in the super Bowl. I think whoever wins this game, if we play in the super Bowl, will lose the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: So I'm kind I'm rooting for the Steelers like the way you're rooting for the Eagles.
Speaker 4: Huh.
Speaker 3: But if the Steelers lose, I'm not mad about it, and then we're gonna let me take that trophy.
Speaker 4: The rematch is the one that matters.
Speaker 3: Yes, I do believe these teams are coming out into the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so four jessel picks where faces are getting ripped off, John Candy and Jesus are involved.
Speaker 2: The field explodes.
Speaker 1: But Steelers Eagles, It's just like you're playing Patty Cake with COLLEENO.
Speaker 2: We're both winners here and crazy in the game. What happened to your sort?
Speaker 3: Jesus Christ is not like Santa Claus. He can't be everywhere at once. He can only be the one game with John Candy.
Speaker 1: That was Anthony jessel Nick. You got to check out Bones and all.
Speaker 2: Check out Bones and all. Watch it if you don't like the first fifteen minutes.
Speaker 3: The first fifteen minutes is brilliant. It's the first fifty work I've ever done. Like the rest of it's great too, but the first fifteen minutes is the best work I've ever done in my life. Is my fifth hour of stand up comedy if you people were like, I've watched first fifteen turn it off.
Speaker 2: No you didn't. You're just Joe Rogan fans, and you're mad at me.
Speaker 3: And I'm getting a little I haven't watched a lot of the I haven't seen a lot of the regular car.
Speaker 2: It's doing great.
Speaker 1: I keep seeing it, like they have the Netflix Top ten or whatever, and there's.
Speaker 4: That's why I downloaded it. I saw it on the top ten.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh my god. I had the conference called with Netflix today. They're very happy.
Speaker 3: It's it's already doing better in like because they look at I don't people watch it, but I don't even finish it is the big thing, and right now it's already out performing my last special Fire in the Maternity Ward in terms of people finishing it. So the first fifteen minutes is so brilliant. They're like, throw away the remote, give it to John Candy. He's back.
Speaker 1: That's what they say, That's what we all want. And I hope, you know someday we have you back here. We're now nine years between appearances at NFL networker. I guess it would have been like Super Bowl twenty sixteen, So yeah, you will then you'll be here in what twenty thirty three.
Speaker 3: Look, I've enjoyed the hell out of my time here. That walking through that room wasn't great. I'm not gonna lie to you.
Speaker 2: Guys. That was kind of tough for me. But you know, wa wait that for you? Yeah. Yeah, but it's the drive, it's the commute. Yeah a lot that.
Speaker 3: Next time, if Colleen picks me up and brings me into the studio, I will come back and listen, guys, playoff playoff time comes. You need to steal his fan hit of report. Okay, okay, I will. I will be back. You just keep sending me cars. I mean I could. I could do a car every day and if I want to come, I'll jump in the car.
Speaker 1: There was one day RVP episode where you insisted you would only tape it if I picked you up and brought you there.
Speaker 2: And you did that. I did it. Yeah, I mean, it's not.
Speaker 1: That far out of the way. No, it's away. It's Hollywood. You know the things I've done for this man over the years, you know, and it's friendship. It's a door and what he's done for me.
Speaker 2: Let's let's get out of here.
Speaker 1: The music Eric, Yes for for Anthony jessel Nick. Check out his special phones and all.
Speaker 2: Thank you guys. Great to see you.
Speaker 4: Hey, this was fun. Check out Sh'll do it again very soon.
Speaker 1: I'll pick you up probleen on Gamely morning and uh yeah, like when you sweep before you mop, you know, football is back.
Speaker 2: See you next Friday.