Speaker 1: All right, and welcome into the Betting Pros podcast. It's time to place your bets for the MLB's future markets. I'm your host, Seth Wilcock, and today I am joined by some sensational baseball betters to revisit the MLB future odds, including the host of Leading Off and a guy who has a litany of big league players on speed dial, Chris Welsh, Akad Welsh Welsh. Thanks for taking time of your busy, important schedule to be here with us today. How are you.
Speaker 2: I'm doing great.
Speaker 3: You am very busy schedule hanging out with my dear friend Jackson Merrill, or last night hanging out with very dear friend Clayton Kershaw. Anyone on the backfields becomes a very very good friend of mine all around the baseball world. We're glad to talk, hopefully not about those guys, but some good bets.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. Also joining us is the top arm in our fantasy baseball bullpen, Joe Rico. Joe, Great to see you. How are things north of the border as summer approaches?
Speaker 4: Thanks for going pretty well, Seth. Great to do with this show with you guys. I've been looking forward to it. Some interesting players are going to be discussing today, I get to mention one of my favor a couple of my favorite players actually, so I'm not going to.
Speaker 5: Keep the people waiting. Let's just dive into it.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, as Joe and Welsh mentioned today's show, it does look like this. We'll revisit the fallowing betting markets, MVP CY young season win totals, to make the playoffs, division winners, World series winners, and of course our favorite long shot futures. And before we get going, big shout to everyone who's joining us either on the Betting Pros YouTube channel or the audio feed. The easiest way support us is give this video a thumbs up if you enjoy this type of content and subscribe if you're new, and also make sure you're checking out the Fantasy Pros MLB YouTube channel. Well, you guys have been busy, to say the least, over there on that channel this year.
Speaker 3: Just as the lead, a lot of content out there on the Fantasy Pro side. You can see behind me on there, but make sure check out twelve pm Eastern Monday through Friday, we are on the live Met and Joe piece of PA for leading off where we do do some bets every single day for everybody, and then we got lots of other content for the fantasy side. But we got your betting covered and we got it right here.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go ahead and jump into the MVP picks in the L. In the NL, you can actually get show hey Otani add a better number plus two twenty five then you could preseason. And we also have some new challengers in the mix, including Kyle Tucker plus four twenty five, Corby and Carrol your guy Welsh plus six fifty and for Neando Tatis Junior plus seven to fifty as the only MVP candidates below ten to one. On the AL side of things, the books are saying us all but over right now, with Aaron Judge moving from plus three to ten as a favorite preseason to minus nine hundred after a blazing hot start. Welsh with this said, you already had a Bobbywitt Junior ticket in your back pocket. So are you staying in the AL or you're going elsewhere with your MVP value.
Speaker 3: We're gonna talk about the NL here, though, I will say this, if de Penning, what type of better you are? If you're going to be like value, If you're looking for what is my best potential value ROI return on investment?
Speaker 2: The al is ripe for it.
Speaker 3: Anything could happen, Judge could pair back, there could be an injury, and then all of a sudden, pretty much anybody you get on the ticket is going to start probably getting you into a cash out period. So a guy like Bobby Witt, who's the power, has been kind of down, but the batting average is still up. The offense is just starting to pick up. For the Royals, it's probably not a bad time anybody you can get more than ten to one, which is the entire al makes sense. Where I'm going to go, though, is I got to go to show Heyo Tani and I think that this is boring. I'm not as much of a like, go and get me the coolest, funnest twelve to one type of odds and let's see what happens.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at this.
Speaker 3: And I'm going this is the best odds that we are going to see, and we have seen on show Heyo Tani. If he starts pitching, that's going to open up the market. It's still the Dodgers. There's a lot of guys competing. But when you're getting close to three to one on a show Heyo Tani ticket. I mean, I guess it's closer to two to one either way. Plus money on Otani, it's got to be a bet. So I think that's an easy one to jump into. Ten homers, ten stolen bases. He's hitting a most three hundred. RBIs have been really low this season. That's going to pick up. And just if we're you know, looking at the profile of Otani, it's ridiculous. It's top like two percent tel across the league in his hitting metrics, So I expect the homers to fly. He's still going to be stealing bases and those RBI numbers are going to come up. And as the Dodgers keep winning games, Bam, it's a nice little two to one ticket. If I were playing it a little bit higher, I think the NL is ripe with some fun bets. Okay, A Rico's got a good one. Corbyn Carroll does stand out to me. HOMERSM is sad, Yes, I got Corbyn. Carroll's like right above me in a jersey, So there's a little bit of that. But at five and a half to one, Corbyn's been putting.
Speaker 2: Up an MVP like season.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm not even sure that that's debatable. He's changed his swing, He's changed his approach. He no longer has some of those bad holes that he had in his swing. He's up to two eighty eight. He just went through a little bad spell. But the hitting profile also looks phenomenal. Ten homers, big homers, stolen bases have been light. I think those are going to pick up Diamondbacks win games.
Speaker 2: He is crucial to that actual piece of being an MVP.
Speaker 3: But I'm a little bit worried about the ups and downs. But if you want a good price, I think Corbin Carolyn, what he could do for this Diamondback teams at five and a half to one is kind of a fun play. But Shoe Heyo Tani at a little over two to one. That is my smash play on MVP betting.
Speaker 1: Joe, you're going with a different horse in this MVP race for the NL. Who is it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Welsh mentioned him, Fernando Tattis junior. Now the line that you mentioned, Seth is different than the one that I saw. You're better because the one that I saw was plus five hundred plus six hundred. But you said it was plus seven hundred plus seven to fifty, So it might be a better line out there if you want to be shopping around the books. But Frando Tattists Junior is kind of reminding me of what Ronald Acunya Junior did a couple of years ago. You know, there had been some doubt with both of them about what they're going to look like off of some relatively big injuries, and then they're coming in and destroying the world. Now, not quite to the same level as what Acuna was doing a couple of years ago, but through thirty four games, Tattis has eight homers, eight steals in a three twenty one batting average with a career best one to sixty four WRC plus. And you've seen kind of some of those Acunya type of things. He's striking out last, he's walking, or he's still making incredible contact fifty five percent hard hit in the sixteen percent barrel rate. He's kind of looking like he's on his way to maybe not quite forty forty but forty thirty, forty thirty five maybe. And I think that considering the odds you're getting, it is a worthwhile bet to place is he the most likely to win MVP. I think it's gonna be either him, Kyle Tucker Otawani. One of those guys is more than likely to get it. But I think you're getting the longest odds with tatis. That does make it a really appealing bet considering he has essentially been doing what the other guy's been doing. You're just getting longer odds on him, and he's a guy who has the pat agree. We've seen him put up massive seasons in the past, the forty two homer season in twenty twenty one, his MVP worthy twenty twenty three, The numbers weren't quite there, but we've seen this kind of season from him before. It does seem like a couple of years remove now from all the shoulder problems and the ped worries, that he is finally having his true breakout season, and it wouldn't surprise me at all to see him take home MVP this year.
Speaker 1: Well, SHO, do you have any concern with Tatusa's injury history and that maybe that pops back up this season. That would be maybe the only thing that could possibly deter betters maybe from going away from this five to one or plus seven to fifty number whatever, you're getting it out there as sure.
Speaker 3: I mean, but I would say, like I think all these guys have there's some injury works. If Carol's had the shoulder injuries, obviously, if Hotani starts pitching again, I think there's something that's weird. There a weird thing that's happened too, is you know, I'm talking to Tani. I give you maybe there's a little bit of Carrol and then you got Tatis. You also have a divisional fight. The inn A West is really tough. Yes, you could have whoever just puts themselves at the top. If the if the Padres pushed themselves above the Dodgers somehow for the season, Fernando Tatis is going to be the guy that everyone's staring at. So where you finish in the division could be really important to it. And you know, just slightly, we haven't talked about Kyle Tucker. Kyle Tucker is performing at this level as well. He deserves to be in it. We're gonna have to watch where the Cubs go. The Cubs really a struggling rotation, and if they start to lose some games and lose a little bit of traction in that divis to the Brewers, it might hold him back. But yeah, I think there's a lot of injury worries across the board. And that's why, by the way, I don't get too caught in to like, hey, this is like the coolest value. Unfortunately in this betting market of MVP, Judge and O'tani are just walking in as not just like yes books odds on favorite, but like they've already got the advantage. So it's like, if they're performing at their level, it's going to take so much more for another guy to take it. That's why when you're getting plus you know, two to one money on Otani, when you're looking at Judge being like minus a thousand, Yeah, at this point, like it just makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 2: But injury worries.
Speaker 3: You got to play this all in and shop around on the books. You said, we already found some cool thing about betting pros is you can get all the lines of all the books in one place. You can go in and you can find the right books that also might let you pay out a little bit more throughout the season if you do those long odd ones and you want to cash out mid season. So shop all your lines over on betting pros for MVP or any of the other markets.
Speaker 2: We're about to talk about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Fandal is definitely my favorite place to place future bets because they're always so aggressive in hedging and trying to get you cash buying out.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So moving to the cy Young market. In the AL, the favorites remained very similar to what we saw preseason. Reigning Al Cy Young winner Tarique Scuball for the Tigers, He's moved from plus three to fifty down to plus two thirty. Garrett Crochet for the Red Sox, he went from plus five to fifty down to three to one. However, we did see Cole Reagan's injury see him be replaced by the Yankees Max Freed at plus five fifty and at the Astros Hunter Brown also plus five fifty. In the NL, your betting favorites are still Pittsburgh's Paul Skien. He's moved from three to one down to plus two to seventy. Kind of getting shit. I don't want to say shelled lately, but definitely some up and down performances from Skiens, but the Dodgers Yoshi Nobu Yamamito to the Reds, Hunter Green plus four to fifty. These are two other guys who've kind of joined this conversation. Joe, are you seeing any newfound value for who could be the best pitcher in baseball?
Speaker 4: I'm sticking with my guns from the preseason, and I've been kind of tied to this player for a while, and I've been pretty impressed with the early return. So I'm sticking with my guns and going with Jacob de Grom here getting at sixteen to one. You know, I know there are mixed opinions on Jacob de Gram, but what we've seen through seven starts is a two to sixty one era, a one zero zero whip. He's got a couple of wins already. Things are going well. The strikeouts haven't been quite where we'd expect them to be for Jacob de Grom. In thirty eight innings he has thirty six strikeouts, but those are starting to come along a little bit. I've mentioned this on a few different vetting pros and Fantasy pro shows that de Gram is kind of learning how to pitch again at a lower velocity. Instead of going ninety eight, ninety nine, one hundred, he's trying to sit more in the ninety six ninety seven range and limit his injury risk, and so far that.
Speaker 5: Is working out.
Speaker 4: Now, I think that is going to continue to work out, and as he continues to work at this level, he is going to improve. De Gram has been a max effort guy for his entire career, and I think that adjustment period is why we saw couple of shakier starts to begin the season. But now he seems pretty locked in, and I think we're going to continue to see these ratios at this same kind of level. He's going to have a mid twes era, maybe that whip dips below one. And I think considering the name value, considering the way that people this is not a statistical thing, but I think people kind of feel bad for Jacob de Gram a little bit that his whole career has kind of been his whole career, but the majority of his thirty's have kind of been cut out due to injury. If he's able to throw one hundred and seventy innings this year and give you a two four ERA and a one zero zero whip, I think there's gonna be a lot of voters who are going to be partial towards him, not just because of that. The numbers will also be great, I think, but there will also be part of that narrative that you need in these awards. Sometimes of de Gram is one of the best pitchers you've ever seen. He hasn't been able to stay healthy, but we can give him kind of one last hurrah here by sending him off with this third SiO.
Speaker 3: One thing I want to throw out why you might not want to feel too bad for Jacob deGrom. I think of this story my good Fernino Sarahs just told I think it was on foul Territory a month or so back about when he was a young reporter. He went into a locker room to interview Jacob de Gram and he said, oh, hey, do you have some time? And he's like, nope. And then Jacob de Gram sat down in a chair with a bag of chips and individually pulled out chips and stared at eno while he said he was too busy. So I don't think we feel too bad for Jacob d Gram.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, do you also like a long shot like a Rico's going or do you like maybe one of these heavier favorites.
Speaker 3: Okay, so in this smart. I'm still kind of boring. I'm just gonna throw that out here for it. You know, people want like the big numbers. But I will say this, if you're in a favorites market, I think it is actually a really cool idea to find something like this. So for example, Trek Scuble in the AL, if I were betting it, I think that's the play right now. Okay, I will say I kind of like Max Freed. Max Freed's already got six wins right now. He might end up pushing eighteen nineteen wins and that I think he's a sneaky one. But that wasn't my point. Jacob de Gram Jacob Gram at sixteen to one, betting a nice odds on favorite with a good stack and then having a sixteen to one if it does bounce like that, you know, if you're in the right market, you can buy out. It's a fun hedge in the cy Young place, so same thing in the NL. I'm kind of boring. I'm still on schemes. Even those skeens has been relatively like underwhelming overall. He's still got a two seven seven era. That's great, but he has more losses than wins right now. His K percentage is down. He was thirty three percent last year, He's only twenty four percent this year. Cap per nine has been down and things are inflated a little bit though, because he has got this weird thing against the Cardinals. He's given up fifteen earned runs as we are recording this. Seven of those earned runs have come against the Saint Louis Cardinals. They just own him, So I don't know really necessarily what at the end of the day that means, but there's some sometimes you know, teams just own a certain player, So if you know Zach Allen is doing that with any New York based team. But what I'm getting at is here, even in the struggles, even though Cardinals have kind of hit him up, CA percentage is down a bit, he has a better expected era than actual era right now, and the win should start stacking up. And he is still the most electric pitcher in baseball, and you're getting like almost three to one odds. So I think that's a really, really good play. But I think another guy that you could take a look at if you want to go to a higher market, and I think this one is a little misplaced, is Zach Wheeler. Zach Wheeler's got a three three five VRA right now through eight starts, only three wins to one loss, but as one of the best expected the rays in baseball at two three six, So that's a full run lower expected batting average on a monster of a team with the Phillies tons of runs support, and he has been one of the best pitchers in baseball eleven to one. So if I'm going to play that head, if this is what you like to do in this pitching market, I think Skeins is the play. You know, if he were if he had five wins and one loss and you know the Semira, but with like a ten k per nine, he would be minus like two fifty right now. I think Chris Sale's really struggling. He's bouncing back, but it's going to take a long time for a to bounce back. I think this is good value, and I think Zach Wheeler would be a hedge play at eleven to one that I would put in for Cy Young.
Speaker 1: Awesome some Pennsylvania based pitchers there for the Welsh in the Cy Young markets. Before we continue, don't forget to try out our Betting Pros Betting Systems tool, which is designed to help you find winning strategies and make smarter bets. Customize your betting systems by sport, bet type, and timeframe to find the best opportunities using real time data and expert analysis, track the performance of different betting systems over time, and optimize your bets to increase your chance of success. Download the bank Pros app today or go to bangpros dot com slash systems to elevate your betting strategy and start making smarter bets today. All right, let's go ahead and move into the heavier juice markets, like the season win totals or that to make the playoffs. Well, you already have a three to one ticket on the Reds to make the playoffs. How are you feeling about that? And what's your current favorite value for these markets?
Speaker 2: How am I feeling about that one?
Speaker 3: I'm I'm not like loving it because they're like halfway through the division, Cubs are kind of coming back brew I mean, listen, they're four back totally in the division. They're right there with the Brewers to make the playoffs. They're still a decent shot if one of those guys bounce back. So I would say I'm kind of middling on that. The Cardinals I think are going to taper back in Pittsburgh, so I mean like they're they're competitive in it. But when looking at this, I don't see a lot of tickets for like still to make the playoffs.
Speaker 2: But you can.
Speaker 3: I mean there's there's definitely a few that are still out there, but you're not going to find these big, crazy odds unless you want to play like a you know, a Pirates or something like that. But one that really stood out to me is the Boston Red Sox. I think this was over on I want to say this might have been on DK, but to make the playoffs. They're one of the few plus money plays out there. Plus one oh five for the Red Sox to make the playoffs. And you know, it's been competitive to a degree in the AL I mean the Ale Central, between Detroit, Cleveland, and Kansas City, they've all been monsters. They've got better records than anybody. By the way, all three of those teams have a better record than any team in the Ale East right now, which is crazy.
Speaker 2: But here's the deal.
Speaker 3: I think you can play this to win the division. I think it's still three to one for the Red Sox, but just to make the playoff the Red Sox, it's plus money. They are two and a half game back on the Yankees right now. They're up on Tampa. Toronto and Baltimore are both kind of faltering. Tampa I don't think can hold to it, and I think Boston just hasn't even gotten going yet. I mean, Garrett Crochet is still kind of finding his legs. There's getting a few guys healthy. I mean, they've got to get Bueller back gi Alito. I think they're going to be aggressive in the trade market, and I like them to still win the division pinning whatever price you can get, but to make the playoffs at plus money, I am not going to count out the Red Sox that have got a couple of great arms in the bullpen.
Speaker 2: They're led by Garrett Crochet, They've.
Speaker 3: Got a bevy of minor league talent that they can use in trade assets, and they've got an offense that's centered around Alex Bregman, who is like, you know.
Speaker 2: It's pseudo MVP.
Speaker 3: Like if the Red Sox are playing a little bit better and Judge wasn't there, like I think he would be an interesting ticket. So I think plus money for the Reds and make the playoff right now is a really great bet to make in May.
Speaker 1: Joe, you were riding with the Twins in the preseason to make the playoffs at even money. Are you still holding out hope for that to cash or are you looking maybe to potentially hedge elsewhere in the al Central.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, I do like that Twins bet, and I'm going to talk about it a little bit later on. But the one that I'm going to focus in on right now is the Detroit Tigers under ninety one and a half wins. This one, for me, I think they're just off to an unsustainably hot start. And if I go back to last season, I was looking at where they were in the standings at the end of August. They were a five hundred team and they had a really hot September that rode them into the playoffs. And they have started off the season incredibly well. But I think there's a lot of overperformers. Spencer Torkelson has a one to fifty WRC plus. I like Spencer Torkleson, but that number is not going to stick. Havevi Baiez a one thirty nine WRC plus one thirty eight for Glaber Torres, one thirty for Zach McKinstry, one twenty eight for Dylan Dingler. They're overperformed offensively. This was an eighty six win team last year that so far has been one of the best teams in baseball, and it just doesn't feel all that sustainable. As a team, they've been a top five offense. Does anybody think that's going to continue, because I really don't, And I think you're seeing this number now set about five or six wins above where they were last year. I don't think they're five or six wins better than last year. I think they're exactly about where they were. If you factor in that, there may be a little bit better than they all maybe spread out some of those wins throughout the season as opposed to just stockpiling them in September like they did last year. But I think this is a maybe a five hundred team, maybe a slightly above five hundred team. Wow, their bullpen is not really that impressive. Yes, Scooble is fantastic, But outside of Schooble, I don't really know how much I trust the rest of the rotation. I like Jack Flaherty, but I don't know how much I can actually trust him. Reese Olsen, Jackson, Joe Casey, Maiz. There is some potential in the starting rotation, but overall, it really comes back to the offense overperforming. Specifically, you see guys like hove baias forty percent above league average at this point of the season, it tells you how early things still are. So I think the Tigers under ninety one and a half. Look for the highest number you can find and take the under, usually at about minus one to ten. I don't think they're a ninety plus win team.
Speaker 1: Well, do you also see maybe some regression coming for Detroit.
Speaker 2: I think there's some regression in play.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure if I think that they're just like a five hundred team, But also if I don't know, if we're doing this every month, if we come back in June, I'm not going to be surprised if they're third in this division and Cleveland City have jumped over them. I mean, I think I think Kansas City's kind of a sleeping sleeping Giants, a little dramatic, like they just their offense was just so bad and they're starting to click free.
Speaker 2: Jack cagleiwan just give them to the majors.
Speaker 3: Maybe make a move or two, but I think their rotations solid. They get a great bullpen. I think Kansas City's gonna bounce back. Cleveland. You just can never count them out and they're going to keep rocking. So I won't be surprised if Detroit is third in this division, but it's still gonna be relatively tight.
Speaker 1: Okay, before we keep it going, I just wanted to remind everyone that Fantasy Pros is now live on Twitch. Since opening day, Joe Pisapia and Chris Welsh have been here every weekday at twelve pm Eastern Time for leading off your daily dose of all things baseball, from news, notes, bets, and fantasy advice. It's all in one place. Ask questions, get insight, and interact live falls now on Twitch dot tv, slash Fantasy Pros and never miss a stream. A bigger line of exclusive interactive live content is on the way and well, from Luchador mass to Mario Brothers Themes. You guys do a little bit of everything, and you have a lot of fun doing it. So I love every day I get to go in and edit some of these episodes that you guys do and they're just fantastic. They're law fun man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you say it nicely, but we are stupid. Embrace stupid when we possibly can try to have some fun with baseball. Baseball can be a very mind numbing sports sometime, especially for people here on betting pros, you know that are just kind of like wrapping their heads and kind of getting around baseball betting. And we try to put as much fun into baseball as possible when you know, you get way over your head with everything that is MLB.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and overrun leading off too. They do their daily best bets and their home run calls. So if you guys are looking for more MLB betting advice making, make sure you're checking out leading off. Let's go ahead, though, Let's move on to the to win the division odds, where there were some incredibly short odds to begin this season that some look like pretty good bets.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers they're still right around that minus four to ten mark to win the NL West. The Chicago Cubs went from plus one twenty five to win the NL Central to now minus two to twenty five. The Yankees they were at plus one sixty to win their division. They're now down to minus one thirty five to win the Al East Joe in a market of such juiced odds, Do you have anything a bit longer that might wet the whistle of baseball betters.
Speaker 4: Yeah, to kind of go back to what I was mentioning earlier, what you brought up, the Minnesota Twins.
Speaker 5: Are still very interesting team to me.
Speaker 4: It hasn't been a great start to the season, for sure, and I think a lot of that does come down to their offense underperforming. This is a team that had a one oh seven WRC plus as a team last year and they're down at ninety five right now, So that is something that I don't really expect to continue at that pace.
Speaker 5: You got some guys who are underperforming.
Speaker 4: They just got Royce Lewis back, which I hope you never know with Royce Lewis, but I hope he's able to actually stay healthy for a while and give them some production. But you had Byron Buxton who's been doing very well, Carlos care has kind of been underperforming. The offense hasn't been all that impressive. But I just come back to this pitching more often than not, and especially when you got David Festa and Zebbie Matthews still waiting to come up. But Ryan Ober Pablo Lopez has been fantastic the bullpen. I'm a big fan of their Penn Griffin Jacks got off to a bad start, but he has kind of turned things around, you know. Joan Duran is still doing him doing his things.
Speaker 5: But I think it comes down to the weakness of the division overall.
Speaker 4: Kansas City is, like well said, they're a better team than what they have played to so far, but I'm not sure exactly how great they're going to be this season. The offense, maybe once they get jacked the things will change, but it hasn't been a great offense. They're pitching is eh, a little bit iffy, especially with the Cole Reagan's not injury like he was heard, he's kind of we're not really sure we're exactly on his health status because he had a good game the other night. He's kind of bounced back and forth. But the White Sox stink. The Tigers I think are overperforming. The Guardians I think are okay. But this is a winnable division essentially, is what I'm saying. And I think the Twins are thirteenth or fourteenth in terms of team wins above replacement to this point of the season, but they have really underperformed in terms of the results. So I think you're getting them at plus twelve hundred. Again, shop that line around, maybe you'll get an even better line. But the key point here is it is a very winnable division at plus twelve hundred. I think it's a solid bet to make on a Twins team that last year was a very good team and just ended up disappointing at the end, but I don't expect that to continue this season.
Speaker 1: Joe Rico doubling down on the Minnesota Twins. I don't hate that twelve to one number at all to win the Central What about you, Welsh? Is there a team out there that might still have some value in this market after we're about a month into the season so far.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I mentioned like the Red Sox. You know they're decent. You're gonna get good plus money on them to win a division. But I'm not picking them because the standout to me is at almost three to one the Texas Rangers. The Texas Rangers for the AL West. The AL West right now is filled up at the top with the Seattle Mariners and the Athletics. The Sacramento Athletics right now are above them either Texas team. To be honest with you, as a play if you wanted to go with the Astros. But here's the deal. The offense for the Mariners has definitely clicked. I think they're overperforming. They're built around there pitching. Kirby's going to be back, and Logan Gilbert looks like it's not like too serious, but it could be about a month. All of that to say, for them to be leading the division with those type of injuries works really well for them. But I think they're overperforming. I do not believe the Athletics in that ballpark and that pitching that they're going to hold through. Great story, it's super fun. Win total was a great bet for you this year. I think we even might have had that on Fantasy Fest when we had Derek Cardi. I think that might have been one of his bets if I remember the a's on the wins. But with the Rangers, this is a this is like a favorite. This is a minus money favorite that's out there that they have been massively underperforming. For perspective too, they just went three and seven in their last ten games. They're only three and a half games behind in the division. Even in those struggles. Wow, you've had Marcus Simeon struggling, Jake Berger was sent down. They just brought back Evan Carter, and they're dealing with the rotation stuff. They're built around Jacob de Grom and Evaldi. They've got to be aggressive in the trade market. I want to see them bring in someone for the bullpen. Bringing to Ryan Helsley, I think that's going to really lock them in. And we're just waiting for these bats to start coming alive, because from top to bottom it's a killer offense.
Speaker 2: So to be three and.
Speaker 3: A half games back in the division in May and get almost three to one odds, I'm taking it all day. I think this is like the most smashing in my face play. It doesn't have the great like twelve to one odds can buy it down and stuff as time goes on. But if you're looking for a straight play for a team to win the division, I think the Astros are a little bit behind offensively. In general, pitching is a hunter. Brown's been amazing, but taking a step back. Texas Rangers absolutely jump out to me. At almost three to one as a bet to win the division.
Speaker 1: Okay, so Welsh liking Texas. As we approach the dog days of summer, Let's go ahead and move into the World Series odds, which have seen some serious movement in recent weeks at DraftKings, specifically where the Dodgers have gone from plus two ninety down to plus two to fifty, the Mets now in the conversation at plus eight fifty, and the Yankees have actually grown from plus eight fifty to now nine to one. Welsh, is there any value out there that we're not talking about right now for a team to potentially win it all?
Speaker 3: Kind of kind of double down on where I was in the preseason and kind of like a Rico was saying, Dodgers are kind of the play. But if you're looking for value, I'm gonna go back to the Boston Red Sox.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 2: You know, they have been weird. It's been weird to start this season.
Speaker 3: Crochet is at his like little tiny moments and Walker Bueler got hurt in the offense wasn't clicking and then obviously they just lost Tristan Costas. That feels like a death sentence.
Speaker 2: I will say this.
Speaker 3: If they hold on to this hole, we're gonna play Abraham Toro and Rome Gonzalez at first base.
Speaker 6: Thing.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna riot and freak out because.
Speaker 3: They have too many good players that are out there that you put Devers at first and bring Roman Anthony up or make a trade. I think this team is too talented. While I think this division is very gettable. The Yankees have been playing up, but they have suffered some major injuries, had some offensive woes. Max Fried has held them up, but there are some warts on that team. Where the Boston Red Sox I think they have held their own. I think they can bounce back, and they're led by a powerful top end of the offense and a great top end of the rotation, and I think Garrett Croche can really hold them through.
Speaker 2: So I think they have the pieces.
Speaker 3: It's like you got defense, you got pitching, you got bullpen, you got offense. You just need them all to click. It's very early in the season, twenty to one, twenty to one at this point, so you're looking for some value on there. If they end up taking say here's the other thing, if you're wanting to buy out. If they end up taking back this Division. It's gonna cut in half. It's gonna slice in half. You're gonna be looking at like nine to one or eight to one, and there's gonna be buyout opportunities if you want so. I think the Dodgers is an easy play. But my hedge play would be the Boston Red Sox.
Speaker 1: Okay, Joe, you already had a preseason Dodgers ticket out there around that plus two ninety mark. Are you sticking with them or is there a different hedge that you may be like?
Speaker 4: No, I mean there's a couple teams that are like Mets are looking good and you could maybe.
Speaker 5: Play around a little bit, But it's the Dodgers.
Speaker 4: I mean, the Dodgers have faced so much already in terms of guys missing time. They just brought up Land and Knak, who I figured we'd see at some point, but I didn't think he'd be in the rotation necessarily at this point of the season. But Edmund's on the eel ta Oscar Hernandez. If you look at the pitching injuries, it's ridiculous with Glass now Kershaw, Snell, and yet they're twenty four and twelve right, They're they're just too I don't know if we use this term in the preseason show, but they're almost too big to fail. They're almost they're almost too good and too deep that even if they have six injuries like they have right now, it doesn't really matter. They're just so so deep. The bulpin is strong. There are like ten or twelve vibe pitchers on the depth chart. The lineup has three MVPs. It's just they're too good and you're getting him at plus two thirty plus two fifty. Maybe in some places I would hammer that all day.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll go ahead and round out the program with a guy's favorite futures long shot, starting with you, Joe, who is in fact revisiting the World Series market.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so if you are gonna go deep, then I think the Atlanta Braves are somewhat interesting here. And a lot of it comes down to pitching wins championships a lot of the time, and they have a three headed monster, or they will have a three headed monster by the time the playoffs come around. With Sale with Schwellenbach and hopefully with Spencer Stryder. Now I know that it hasn't been exactly all smooth sailing for him so far.
Speaker 5: This season.
Speaker 4: I think that by the time we're looking at September October, he should be healthy. And this lineup is also a team that you know, I know that they have kind of disappointed to this to this point of the season, but when you're looking at Riley Ozuna, Olsen, Alby's, Mike Harris, with ron To Kunya soon to be back, I think that this team does have enough juice to push their way to the World Series should they get into the playoffs. Now, it's a tricky division. There's a lot of good teams in that division. Right now, they're seventeen and eighteen, but they're only five games back, and I think that once they get Strider back, once they get a COONa back, we're going to start to see this team perform like we've seen them perform outside of the last year and a half or so, and they're a ninety five plus win team when all is going well. But I really think it comes down to their strength of pitching. Once we get into the postseason. You really only need three, maybe four starting pitchers once you get into October, and they have about as good of a big three as you're.
Speaker 5: Going to find.
Speaker 4: And then Grant Holmes. There's no slouch himself there as the fourth guy. Like, they're really deep on all sides of the ball right now. Alex Radugo leading off might make some people say, what are you talking about?
Speaker 5: They're not.
Speaker 4: But once they get a Conya back, once they get Strider back, I think that the wheels are going to be up on this team.
Speaker 1: Okay, So hoping for health is Joe Rico with the Braves World Series call at fifteen to one. Welsh, you gave us a very interesting Garrett Crochet to lead the MLB in strikeouts at ten to one to begin the season. Do you maybe have another one of these season long player props we should be getting invested with?
Speaker 3: All right, what if I told you there's a player that hit ninety eight homers between twenty twenty three and twenty twenty four. What if I told you if this player hit over fifty homers last year? Still intrigued?
Speaker 1: Maybe?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Now what if I told you that player you can get eight to one odds.
Speaker 2: To lead the league in home runs? Wow, Shoeo Tani.
Speaker 3: DK's got it right there. Eight to one for sho Hao Tani to lead the league in homers. The two current leaders are guys that struggle to hit two forty or two fifty, and Kyle Schwarber and Kyle Raley obviously number three at eleven. Those two guys are tied with twelve homers. The next guy up is Aaron Judge, who is like far and beyond the top leae. It's like, I think it's minus money or it's like plus one hundred or whatever. It's there's no value em betting Aaron Judge. But number four in the league is shoe Hayo Tani who's already got ten homers and hasn't really even gotten going hit fifty four last year, and you can get eight to one odds on it. Is Judge going to take it?
Speaker 2: It's very likely, But.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to bet Corvin Carroll who's got ten homers. I'm not going to bet Spencer Torkal Center James would even if you want all the crazy odds. I want a high batting average player. Aaron Judge qualifies that that guy might be a triple crown guy right now, and that's why it's so exciting, and the odds are up even though he doesn't have you know, eighteen homers or something right now, guy's hitting four hundred, but Otani, that stadium, that lineup, and that bat would just hit fifty four. You want value, you want a long shot eight to one for him to lead the league in homers. Seems like a pretty pretty fun bet.
Speaker 5: I like it.
Speaker 1: What do you think, Joe, Is that a fun one for you?
Speaker 5: I do.
Speaker 4: I wonder what it would look like if you're just betting him to lead the National League in homers.
Speaker 5: This probably wouldn't be as appealing of a number.
Speaker 2: I don't bet it's in.
Speaker 3: Probably really like two to one. Maybe you could probably get like two to one or something along those.
Speaker 4: Anything where you're kind of betting against Judge is interesting, Like if there is a bet where it's like the field versus Aaron Judge for MVP or for home runs or you know, batting title, it might be wise. And I'm not sure what specific books will offer it, especially at this point of the season, but if you can take the field in a lot of those markets, I think it's definitely interesting, and Otani being the main one. If you are taking the field for the home run race. I know Kyle Rawley's interesting, Alonzo's interesting, but like you mentioned, Otani is going to be hitting three hundred or close to it, where those guys have a risk. I know Alonzo's a three forty right now, but he's not going to maintain that pace. You could easily see Otani lead the league in homers. If Judge misses a week or two, a couple of weeks, then I wouldn't surprise me at all.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, gentlemen, great analysis tonight. That is going to do it for us on the Betting Pros Podcast. Thanks so much for watching. As always, the best freeway support us is to give this video a thumbs up if you enjoy this type of content. Also subscribe to the channel if you're new, and make sure you're downloading that Betting Pros app and seeking your sportsbooks today. Hey for Chris Welsh and Joe Rico, I'm Seth Wilcock. Take care of y'all.
Speaker 6: Thanks for listening to the Betting Pros Podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify. Follow us on x and TikTok at Betting Pros and Instagram at Betting Pros NFL. Also subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com. Slash betting pros