Speaker 1: Morning Run with Amy and TJ and iHeartRadio Podcast. Good morning everyone, and welcome to Morning Ron. It is Monday, June ninth.
Speaker 2: I'm Amy Robots and I'm TJ. Holmes. Hope you had a great weekend. Let's get this busy morning run started. Shall we An ABC News correspondent has been suspended, and he's one of its most high profile correspondent. Suspended after hurling middle of the night insults at President Trump and his staff on social.
Speaker 1: Media, and President Trump threatens there will be very serious consequences regarding his public feud with Elon Musk. Plus, another feud is escalating between Trump and California Governor Gavin Newsom as Trump calls in the National Guard to deal with LA immigration protests.
Speaker 2: Also on the run this morning, a skydiving plane with twenty people on board crashes in Tennessee. Four people are sent to the hospital, and the fifth week of testimony in the Ditty trial is supposed to start this morning, but these defense team this weekend asked for a mistrial. They haven't gotten an answer from the judge just yet.
Speaker 1: Plus, Coco and Carlos are French Open champions and one of them played in a Final this weekend, described as the match of the century, plus a musical about South Korean robots stole the show last night at the seventy ninth Annual Tony Awards here in Manhattan.
Speaker 2: And are you watching the NBA Finals this year? The ratings say you aren't. Also, President Trump has gone viral for something he did while trying to board Air Force one, and you know what robes He has such loyal people around him. One of his staff did the same thing right after, just to make sure the boss didn't look bad. Right, it's a stumble on the stairs. You know it famously from Biden. But I don't know how they don't fall all the time with all the cameras on you going up and down. But he took a bit of a stumble, and one of his staff.
Speaker 1: As well, Yes, Secretary of State Marco Rubio followed suit, just to make him not look quite so bad.
Speaker 2: Okay, we can't show it to you here, but we are going to describe it in pretty good detail, so stick around for that.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's worth the wait. But we're going to begin our run with news about the news. ABC News has suspended senior national correspondent Terry Moran after tweeting a now deleted post on x that was critical of President Trump and his deputy Chief of Staff Steven Miller just.
Speaker 2: After midnight Saturday night. Is when Moran tweeted this, Now road, you put this in here? Can I ask? Is it verbatim?
Speaker 1: This is I actually went on got the screenshot and then wrote this verbati, so.
Speaker 2: Some of this there are some typos in here. I'm going to read this as he tweeted it. Quote. Miller is a man who was richly endowed with a capacity for hatred. He's a world class hater. You can see this just by looking at him, because you can see that his hatreds are his spiritual nourishment. He eats his hate. Trump is a world class hater, but his hatred only a means to an end, and that end his own glorification. That's his spiritual nourishment. And I end quote.
Speaker 1: That was a doozy. By Sunday morning, the White House publicly condemned Moran's tweet and asked how ABC planned to hold him accountable, with White House spokesperson Carolyn Levitt telling Fox News she hoped he would either be suspended or terminated. Well about an hour after that interview, ABC News announced it had suspended Moran and released this statement.
Speaker 2: ABC News stands for objectivity and impartiality in its news coverage and does not condone subjective personal attacks on others. The post does not reflect the views of ABC News and violated our standards. As a result, Terry Moran has been suspended pending further evaluation. Now, just this past April, a lot of folks robes will remember Moran surprised a lot of folks that he was the one that secured that one on one interview with President Trump about his first hundred days in office. So this is a guy who very recently was very high profile and very much sitting right across from the President in the office.
Speaker 1: It's a big deal in any news organization if you're the one who gets to interview the President of the United States. And look, we know Terry Moran, and I think it's fair to point this out. It is completely out of character for him to put out a tweet like this. It's actually unthinkable. Were our jaws were dropped yesterday when we saw the news. He is a veteran reporter, he's sixty five years old, he's been with ABC News since nineteen ninety seven, for twenty eight years. Miller, by the way, reacted to Moran's post, saying, for decades, privileged anchors and reporters narrating and gatekeeping our society have been radicals adopting a journalist's pose. Terry pulled off his mask. Vice President Jadievans is asking for an apology from ABC News as well. We have not heard directly from Terry Moran, but you have to think this is after midnight, and it certainly did sound like a rant. There were misspellings, there was some of it didn't make sense.
Speaker 2: To you when you said it's out of character the content. It's also out of character for him and a journalist to write something this poorly. That's jumped out at us as well. It's just so suspicious. This is completely out of content. But this is such another hit against the media and against ABC News. You would have to think, given what's going on, they just settled a lawsuit with and paid the president sixteen million dollars. Now this this guy can never cover the White House again. He's done with politics, can't do that. So we'll see what happens afterwards. This is so out of character. I hate this happening.
Speaker 1: I know, I just got chills because yes, that is a career ending tweet for sure.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll keep you posted their folks. So we do want to continue the run of this very busy Monday morning ron with President Trump threatening Elon Musk with very serious consequences. He talked about that this weekend. We just don't know exactly what very serious consequences means just yet. The President did an interview with NBC over the weekend, of course, took several questions about his very public and ugly romance breakup that happened on Friday and which he and Musk traded barbes, threats and insults on social media.
Speaker 1: Musk has suggested that he might support Democrats against Trump's Big Beautiful Bill, to which Trump responded, He'll have to pay very serious consequences if he does that. As directly, if he had any desire to make up with Musk, President Trump said no.
Speaker 2: He also said he assumed his relationship with SpaceX and Tesla is over as well. Important there, he said, his relationship with SpaceX is over, But does that mean the government's relationship? We are depending right now, the US, We depending on SpaceX to get our astronauts to space and back from space. Trump also address tweet that suggested that Trump was in the Epstein files. Trump called that old news. That tweet has also been taken down and roabes. Did you see as well, Musk like reposted or liked some posts by Trump over the weekend, So at least a little bit of a softening.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, if he decided to like a post that Trump, yes, put out there, that is a sign of thawing, well, just anger perhaps, right, All right, next up on the run, we're gonna head to downtown LA, where, Yeah, nothing's thawing there. The National Guard has been called in to respond to a weekend of protests and unrest. The thing is California officials save the National Guard is unnecessary, and they're blaming President Trump for intentionally inflaming the situation.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So let's go back to Friday, when the demonstrators took to the streets by the thousands. They were protesting immigration rates. Clashes broke out in some places, cars were set on fire, even the one to one was blocked. Police used rubber bullets and tear gas to disperse the crowds.
Speaker 1: Now as of this recording, an unlawful assembly had been declared for all of downtown LA and at least thirty nine arrests have been made so far. Now, while all of that was going on in the streets, a political clash was boiling over between President Trump, Governor Gavin Newsom, and LA Mayor Karen Bass. Newsom and Bass accused Trump of purposefully inflaming the situation by ordering in the National Guard without consulting state officials, calling that a breach of state sovereignty.
Speaker 2: And they said that presence of soldiers on the streets was an unnecessary provocation that caused so much of the unrest. The governor formally requested that Trump returned the state's National Guard to his command. Trump did not do so, so Newsom said they are going to sue the Trump administration over the move. How many lawsuits?
Speaker 1: More lawsuits specifically with California.
Speaker 2: I think they have dozens.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness. Sorry. President Trump goes on social media and responded with this, well, this is his moniker for Governor Newsom. He says, Governor Newscomb and Mayor Bass should apologize to the people of Los Angeles for the absolutely horrible job that they have done. These are not protesters, They are troublemakers and insurrectionists.
Speaker 2: Do you want to do that last quote? Should we include that last quote? You can't help but that jump out at you. President Trump said this, and he typed this. Yes, this is on a social media post, and this will jump out at everybody. Quote violent insurrectionist mobs are swarming and attacking our federal agents to try and stop our deportation operations.
Speaker 1: January sixth. That's all you can think about.
Speaker 2: Just take out deportation operations and put in election and everything is one hundred. It was remarkable that this statement came out of his mouth.
Speaker 1: To use the word or to describe the crowd as insurrectionist was triggering for a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you read that sentence and it sounds exactly like one that could have been done on January sixth.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, all right.
Speaker 2: We'll get to you our run here on this Monday morning. The next leg brings us back to Lower Manhattan for the start of the fifth week of testimony in the Diddy trial. But could this trial soon end? HM attorneys for Sean Combs, formerly as the Judge, Saturday to declare a mistrial. They argue that prosecution witness Brianna Bongalin perjured herself when she testified that Diddy dangled her off of seventeenth floor balcony in Los Angeles on September twenty sixth, twenty sixteen.
Speaker 1: Combs has hotel receipts that show he was actually in New York in and around that day. His lawyers say the prosecutors knew or should have known, that her testimony was false. The prosecution is expected to give a formal response today. But this is the second time Diddy Steamus asked for a mistrial. He asked last month that was denied. But we'll see what the judge does in this case.
Speaker 2: So when the trial does resume, which it is expected to at some point, Jane will be back on the stand. She's the former girlfriend of Colmes who's testifying under US under a pseudonym to protect her identity as an alleged sex trafficking victim. She's been on the stand since last Thursday. Her testimony, prosecutors had her go through a lot of text messages between her and Diddy.
Speaker 1: The government was trying to show the jury that Jane wasn't always a willing participant in the so called freak offs, and that did he had a psychological and financial hold on her, and there was a pretty big what moment? Did d is still paying her rent right now? Jane testified she entered into a two year verbal love contract with Ditty in which she would pay her ten thousand dollars a month, and she testified he would remind her of that when she pushed back on participating in a freak off, saying like, hey, look at that roof over your head, or you got a pretty smile because he paid for her teeth apparently as well.
Speaker 2: So yeah, this is they're establishing, right sex trafficking. She essentially is paying or has some kind of financial hold over her for these sex acts. Now. She described robe some pretty horrific experiences. We've heard a lot in this trial over the past four weeks from folks who participated in freak coughs, but even hearing some of her detail still makes you crayingshalls. Just some of it, I'll mention here. She says she was forced to have sex for more than twenty four hours with multiple men. She talked about constant. She said, every single freak off rope she got a uti or a yeast infection, and that Ditty would actually make her participate in another freak off before she healed. On some of these occasions, she described throwing up during one freak off and then Diddy came in and said, oh, you'll feel better now. The next guy is here.
Speaker 1: That was the third guy of the night, third guy.
Speaker 2: After she threw up. And then also this nugget did he denied her request to use condoms with these male escorts. She cried several times in court when video of one of these so called freak offs was played for the jury. Who should note here the jury can see it and the attorneys can see it, only the audio is being played for the entire courtroom. But that's I mean, you can't imagine that sickening. It's devastating for to have to talk and describe that in front of a crowd in public.
Speaker 1: Like thats what she went to do. Meantime, By the way, we're calling her Jane, and that is what the judges ordered her to be for her identity to be protected. But I gotta say, if you go online, it's pretty discussing. There are people out in her and putting her picture up in her name up everywhere. That was really hard to see all over social media this weekend as well. But she will be back up on the stand again today, and with some of the texts that they were reading back and forth, she really describes saying, I don't want to do this anymore. I feel disgusted, And Diddy's response to her.
Speaker 2: Was, girl, stop, that was pretty cold.
Speaker 1: It's pretty sad all around, all right. Next up on the Run, we're going to head to Tennessee, where several people were injured after their skydiving plane crashed. Twenty people were on board the plane when it crashed into an open grassy field just before one pm on Sunday afternoon. Three of them had to be actually airlifted to the hospital and another was taken by ambulance.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one person remains in critical condition. The three others are stable. There were a few minor injuries on the scene, but nobody died in this crash. The plane's tail and part of the wing came off from the crash landing. The FAA is investigating. But when you were telling me about the story, I was reading this many people and the plane crash and like, wait a minute, nobody, It was remarkable. I thought we left something ow, this is great news to hear. Hope everybody recovers fully. Stay with us here though on this Monday morning run. When we come back, we're gonna head to Paris, where things went really well for one American. Also, we're going to head to Indianapolis, where things aren't necessarily going so well for the NBA and its television ratings. And be careful, folks, that's a lot of stairs.
Speaker 1: Welcome back everyone to this Monday morning run and for the next leg of our run, we're head into Paris and saying congratulations to Coco and Carlos. You're twenty twenty five French Open champions. Coco Golf won in three sets against the number one player in.
Speaker 2: The world, Arianna Sabalinka.
Speaker 1: Thank you, TJ. This is Coco's first French Open title and her second major.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a really nice moment for her. The French Open is actually where she lost in Majel for the first time in her career. That was back in twenty twenty two. She was just eighteen. She talked about how devastating that was and sent her into a dark place where she was just eighteen. She lost there and now to come back and win it. And she had to make a comeback to do this. So this is a great, great final. It looked like the garden for a while. Spike is Spike Lee was there.
Speaker 1: He moved on quickly from the next.
Speaker 2: Oh we know he didn't he's he's a lifer. Let's start to the men's final. Though. It's being described this way in headlines. I kid you not, sports moment of the year, match of a lifetime, the match of the decade, maybe the match of the century. Yes, this match they're talking about. It went a full five sets, It took five and a half hours. It is the longest final in French Open history. Ropes, it was a doozy wow.
Speaker 1: Okay. Twenty two year old Spaniard Carlos Alcarez had to make an incredible comeback to beat twenty three years old Italian Janet Center. Center is the number one ranked player in the world, al Choraz's number two. Alcoraz had to overcome three championship points to win eventually in a fifth set tiebreaker. We missed that one.
Speaker 2: I didn't. I was with the boys.
Speaker 1: You were watching it, Okay, I did not see not one play.
Speaker 2: Well, you missed the match of the century. All right, we'll get to your run here now I head back to Manhattan. Whether He's seventy eighth annual Tonia Awards took places last night. Was a musical about two helper robots who find each other in Soeul, South Korea. Yep, that dominated the night maybe Happy Ending. I had not heard of it at all, but it took home six Tonies last night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, including Best Musical. That makes me want to go see it, because yes, when I saw the description of it, it's puzzling, but obviously it's excellent, So I will be signing up for that. One point of It's to social Club. Another one I want to see to comb four Awards, Stranger Things, the First Shadow Too, Comb three, and Oh Mary, a comedy about Mary top Lincoln. I've heard so many good things about that as well. It took home to Tony's Purpose won the Tony for Best Play. It follows a powerful family in Black America politics, recovering from scandal. And I was so excited that Nicole Scherzinger won her first Tony for her role as Norma Desmond in the revival of Sunset Boulevard. I got to see her earlier this year with Ava and her performance is out of this world, so it was amazing to see her recognize well.
Speaker 2: So much talk about George Clooney's Good Night and Good Luck. It was nominated for five Tonies, including Best Actor for Clooney, but they did not win any awards. Last night, in a highlight of the night, the original cast of Hamilton, including Lynn Manuel Miranda, reunited for a medley performance to celebrate its tenth anniversary, and then Cynthia Arrivo Tony, Grammy and Emmy winner Cynthia Arrivo Pardon Me. She hosted the evening to Rave Reviews.
Speaker 1: That's right, all right, next up on our run. If you're not watching the NBA Finals like me, you're really missing out. And apparently people are missing out in.
Speaker 2: Historic No series is going great, folks. They'll have Oklahoma City Thunder Indiana Pacers. They are tied one one after the Thunder bounce back last night, one one hundred and twenty three to one oh seven. The first game was decided by a shot with point three seconds left. It's been a good series. So there was a lot of talk ahead of the finals that the ratings were gonna be down because the teams are from Oklahoma City and Indianapolis. Those are two of the smaller Marcus and sure enough that concern has come to fruition. Game one Robes was the lowest rated Game one in nearly forty years. Wow, the only comparison of these ratings during COVID. That's bad.
Speaker 1: That is bad. All right, Well, here's what you're missing. You're gonna have to help me with another name. Oklahoma City, the best team in the league, with the best players in the league.
Speaker 2: MVP shay Gilgis Alexander.
Speaker 1: Thank you, has scored more points in his first two games than any player ever has before. Tyrese Halliburton and the comeback Pacers. I mean, I know you're selling it.
Speaker 2: But I'm selling it. The Pacers have won more games in the playoffs by coming back from fifteen points down than any team in the history of the playoffs. So history is being made. Wonderful, great players, just small Marcus. People are into it. That's too bad. But you haven't can't believe I'm promoting something for ABC right now. But yes, so you need to watch the finals if you can.
Speaker 1: All right, for the final leg of our run. Apparently it was a tough flight of stairs for both President Trump and Secretary of State Marco Rubio. On Sunday, both the President and Rubio stumbled boarding Air Force One. President Trump tripped up the stairs as he made his way to the door heading to Camp David. Had he not been holding onto that railing, he absolutely would have face planned.
Speaker 2: So the video obviously is all over the place. People are even messing with the video doing close up of his face as he was about to go down. A lot of folks, of course, making the comparison to President Joe Biden's famous stumble. Somebody wrote this, I'm not sure where you got it, but I want to commend this person. Maybe they're not so different after all. Was the quote that you that's a good way to point something out. You're having a little fun, but you're not being mean. I thought that was well done.
Speaker 1: That's why I included it. I thought that was a good one.
Speaker 2: Another somebody road that had this been Biden, there would have been breaking news all over TV media networks right now, which kind of makes sense. Any little move he made, he could just say uh and they start talking about his mental acuity, so exactly makes sense as well.
Speaker 1: Yes, and Trump obviously famously mocked Biden for falling up Air Force one stairs. That was in twenty twenty three. I have to admit I went back and watched both because they were comparisons being made. Biden's was much much worse. He did the first little double and then he did like a second. Oh yeah, he bit it. It was so bad.
Speaker 2: Come in, those guys. The whole world is watching you go up those stairs how many times a week? I just I think they I'm surprised they don't stumble.
Speaker 1: More so I trip walking down the street all the time, and I laugh at myself. So look, we have said this. I have said this for sure, that falling is funny as long as no one gets injured. It physical comedy.
Speaker 2: It reads for me it all right, as you go about your today on this Monday something. This is a really I'm not overselling this one. This is a doozy of a quote of the day. It will do you good today.
Speaker 1: Don't ruin a good day today by thinking about a bad yesterday. Let it go. I saw that, and I and I actually it's attributed to so many different people I couldn't even say who said it initially. Russell Simmons was one of them. Mel Robbins was another. I don't know people have said versions of this, but it really it stood out to me today, so we hope it helps you as well. We'll give it to you one last time.
Speaker 2: Don't ruin a good today by thinking about a bad yesterday. Let it go.
Speaker 1: I love that. And also we would like, as we are leaving you on this morning run for you to consider checking out Yahoo News today because TJ and I have a brand new relationship advice column. It is debuting today. It's called Ask Amy and TJ. And so yeah, if you actually have any questions you'd like to ask us, feel free to drop them on a DM or on social media or on Yahoo as well, because here to answer your questions.
Speaker 2: And we might feature you in that column. We take a question per column. It'll happen once a week. We'll have a new one. So a Doozy is up today. I can't remember the first one. What was the what was the scenario in the first one.
Speaker 1: Well, there is another woman in their relationship who's kind of butting in and saying that one I got your guy exactly where I want him. I can happen whenever I want what should she do? How should she handle it? You should check it out, so please do check that out.
Speaker 2: We always appreciate you running with us. Have yourself a good Monday. But for now, I'm t J.
Speaker 1: Holmes and I'm Amy Robock. Thanks for running with us.