Speaker 1: I was so I was worried about the man in line.
Speaker 2: Calm Down with Erin and Carissa is a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: Hi, everybody, welcome to the Calm Down podcast.
Speaker 2: Freak I go. I love this first question. I didn't even read all of it, but I saw the beginning part. Hi, Jen Trask. I'm a first generation female rancher who shares about my ranch on IG. I receive a lot of text messages for male ranchers saying you think you're better than us, Ignore them or respond Wait, I'm confused. Why are they sending you that? What's the point? Okay, well, Jess as someone who's currently at Ruby Ranch, my own ranch, which I fully admit that I have no goddamn clue what I'm doing at all up here. Admittingly people like why a ranch? Because I watched Yellowstone and I was the asshole who was like, oh, this will be fun, and have since now two years into this project, realized these are the hardest working people in America, farmers, ranchers, Like I mean, even right before we got on here, had to drain the the hoses because there's going to be a freeze that's coming, Like, had to put the blanket.
Speaker 1: All these days, there's.
Speaker 2: All these things that like you have to do that I had no idea about. So jess if men are coming to you and being like you think you're better than us, why because then all of a sudden, you're like doing something that they think is only male dominated.
Speaker 1: Or male like. I don't understand why they're intimidated, but you also are a rancher. I'm confused. But to hopefully answer the question ignore them or respond ignore them, there's somebody in her to respond yeah, and they're looking for you to get upset and defend yourself. And as this is related but unrelated, people that try to like poke Aaron and I on stuff like every now and then we'll respond just because it's like we've had enough. But for like for ten bad comments, actually let's go bigger on that number. For one hundred bad comments, we might respond to maybe one and go for it. Aaron, here is my life right now.
Speaker 2: Where there was one yesterday where I somebody said, Aaron, juice, you looks so great.
Speaker 1: You have this glow.
Speaker 2: What are you using?
Speaker 1: And I said it's called sweat like we were outside.
Speaker 2: Stop me. If you've heard this about ninety degrees on the field for four hours and it was like perfect where the sun is just pow hit pelting me. And I'm thinking, I know I don't have enough sunscreen on. I put sunscreen on, but there this was like a reapply, reapply, And you can't do that when you've got all that makeup. And I'm thinking, here comes to pigmentation. Oh another field goal, here comes the sunburn. Oh another field You know, it's like you don't have time for that. But I when someone said what do you use? I wrote back and I said it's called sweat and I need a shower, and some asshole wrote it's hot flashes. Shut the shut up, Yeah, shut up, it's every time for five hours. Enough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so just don't worry about those losers.
Speaker 2: You keep doing you and Jess, I'm very interested in your ranch, so please tell us more. Let's just skip past all the men who are intimidated by you for doing things that they think that they own the landscape.
Speaker 1: On Rhea Leila Riah.
Speaker 2: My BF insists on watching shows with closed captions on.
Speaker 1: It drives me nuts, thoughts.
Speaker 2: I'm so I don't know if this is boyfriend or best friend with the BF I'm going to assume boyfriend. But I saw Hoda and Jenna talk about this the other day and I almost sent it to our group chat about podcast topics. I love close captioning.
Speaker 1: Love it.
Speaker 2: I had Steve at our house for Thanksgiving and we were watching you, and I felt so embarrassed that closed captioning was on, but it kept coming on over your heads, and I was like, we gotta have we got to get this off. Yeah, oh, I'm sorry for Halloween. Did I say Thanksgiving? Which, by the way, I need to know if can he come to your house for Thanksgiving? Because is Jarret going to be home? Oh? Even better, he can come to my house because Jareded and Mack are going to be alone and I'm in Dallas. They're going He already knows the two houses he's going to hit, and he's very comfortable there and they'll have a great time.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is will be so happy.
Speaker 2: This was my conundrum, which we can talk about on the Big Show because it was scheduling for Thanksgiving.
Speaker 1: So this is great.
Speaker 2: This is a Tales in the Basoy Thanksgiving Boys. Thanksgiving literally a friend's episode episode. I said, Oh, I was like, don't worry about. He has got a real thing. He's gonna hate me that I said this. He does not want to be alone on Thanksgiving, No, because I'm going to be there for like five seconds. Anyways, we'll talk about it later. So great, I'll tell you and you know where he's going, and they'll be so excited, you know. Yeah, look all the things that have so much more fun than us. No ship, we're going to be working, which, by the way, we're thrilled to be working. So you've got the Thanksgiving game, I'll be watching you that night. Then I've got the Black Friday Game, which is Kansas City Raiders. Who's your Thanksgiving game? Obviously, Boys and the Giants.
Speaker 1: The Giants. Okay, well you know what. Look it's a great reason. There we go.
Speaker 2: Let's focus on the positive. So thankful. So I was just for my outfit so not wait, I'm sorry. This is also why Aaron is like such a planner. I am draining the water out of the hoses so it doesn't phrase it, and she's planning her outfit for Thanksgiving. I don't even know what I'm wearing tomorrow. Good for you, No, it's not. I love close captioning is my point. I do too, and we need it. The problem is, dear closed captioners. Can we do it where it's not over the scoreboard or over I need it in a better area where it's not affecting the visual. You know what I'm saying. Great point, it shouldn't be as large and why is it always have to be in the bottom if you should be able to move it around. I'd also like a font change. You know I'm doing an instant story. Can we scroll over and have a different font change? It depends on your mood. I was facetiming a thing the other day and all of a sudden, her eye iPad comes up with these thumbs up and these weird I'm like.
Speaker 1: What your iPad does?
Speaker 2: That?
Speaker 1: Does anybody else? I don't know what's setting you have it on thing?
Speaker 2: Remember when we did this from a zoom and it did that you were telling a story or it did that I.
Speaker 1: Know, I don't understand, or did fireworks too? AnyWho? I digress. I don't close captioning.
Speaker 2: The reason why I love close captioning is because sometimes I can't understand what they're saying, or there's like a whisper, or maybe my hearing's going bad. I just like to follow along for story time. Also great for practicing the prompter because you're reading out loud. For those of you early broadcast students or twenty years into the business students, Okay, love sports. Are you texting each other while on air? Yes, the answers yes, the answer yes for a multitude of reasons. There is feedback on what's happening. There's thoughts, there's input so good, there's there's also compliments to one another. You have to keep in mind too, like again, having the great benefit of a best friend that does the same job, different but the same Erin also will send me notes on different calls that she's had with players if I have them the next week, different storylines, just information, a sharing of information, and also encouragement. Maybe there's something like, hey, fix your caller, do something that other people won't tell you.
Speaker 1: So it's great. Yes, definitely testing.
Speaker 2: I've messed up before on Airin I've said to her, I just messed up so bad, and You're like, stop it. I didn't even see it. She's like, have you been on I haven't seen you. No. That's Aaron and I both get in our heads about things. So it's nice to have one another be reassuring or be like, hey, yeah, that wasn't your best, but you know what, we're going to do. That next HiT's going to freaking crush. Or if I'm like I ran the wrong package or said the wrong thing. I also don't want to say ran the right package or whatever I just said because I'm not a director.
Speaker 1: But you know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: Last night, I was on the plane and I had YouTube TV on where they had like the three games last and it was two CBS is in a Fox and you Got You and Julian came on to do postgame, and I wrote, this is so fun. You guys are on doing postgame. It's like Chris always talks about it when we come on. It's like the first time we've seen each other and we think we don't know each other's on TV, and it's really really fine.
Speaker 1: I have such a great time watching you do it. I love you so much, I say, Kelly, oh no, passionally.
Speaker 2: So both your spouses watch all your coverage when you're on air or are they over it?
Speaker 1: It's a great question. I would say. Steve's newer to this game. I think Steve.
Speaker 2: Steve definitely pays attention on Thursday because it's a game pre game. I think on Sunday he doesn't pay as much attention to. But what Steve will do is he keeps a running list of nicknames from my outfits. So would he finds which I find to be veryaining, Like he doesn't know what I wear ahead of time, So like he'll see me for the first time on TV and he'll be like, ooh giving Mafia boss Why like Boss White or things like that. He's got a wholess in his phone of different like casual Cowboy or what was the other one? It was like something cowgirl.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Anyways, I digress two good digresses.
Speaker 2: He watches, but not intently the way that he probably would have in the first month of the relationship this year, I would agree with that statement or that answer. Yeah, no, my husband, I think in me, I don't. He's just he watches, but he's just not like living and dying off of Yeah, the two My god, what's going on? No, Aaron and I do that for each other. Yeah. Nixt nix Kelly Hogan. In my competitive rec league tennis match, my opponent was making blatantly bad line calls. I let a few go before asking are you sure? After a third oh, after a third period, I struggle and how to handle without causing a scene ideas I'm not the right person to ask about this. I found myself to be very blunt lately, including like today when I'm on the phone with my girlfriend so excited to catch up with her and I'm waiting in the Smoothie green Juice and coffee line. Sir, I can do two things at once. In fact, I can do it with a broken heart. I can do five things at once. The I mean, I have a guy behind me who's basically like, are you in line for your order? Because I'm talking on the phone, and I'm like, it's clearly annoying him. I'm on the phone and I'm like, yeah, I am. The person in front of me pays, but I can see the cashier as I'm talking to Chrissa isn't done bringing it up. He's like, go ahead, and I'm like, she's not done. And I'm having a fight in front of Carissa on the phone with a guy in the line. So then I get up there. I order chrisa hang on order, order order and then I go, hey, hold on, one's that Chris. I turn around.
Speaker 1: I go go ahead, it's your turn.
Speaker 2: Like I wasn't done, so I'm not the best person to ask about candy coating.
Speaker 1: Chris, you take this one candy coated rainbows.
Speaker 2: I so to god, this was such a I've been there conversation that I was privy to based just stuff of being on the other end that Aaron was dealing with. I was so I was worried about the man in line. It's a Monday morning, sir. I flew back from Tampa. I was in ninety degree weather. I sat in my own sweat for eight hours. It was very funny, and everyone knows that person that's in line, to which I then told Anon the story of like you know, when you're on the jet bridge and you've now, okay, so we're boarding.
Speaker 1: We always talked about all this podcast.
Speaker 2: Is boarding zones. Okay, so now we've boarded, we're in the right zone. We're in the jet bridge. There's a backup because person, you know, number one in line can't get their bag overhead. That's fine, we're all waiting, but there's that small little space between like the person in front of you, and where everybody else is like pile up? Where are you going to go? They're like, can you move forward? And I'm like, where am I going to go? There's all these people in front of me. There's nowhere for us to go, Like, don't worry about that small little gap that isn't filled. So that's my annoyance when people tell you to move forward to that move ahead, moving ahead in the questions, Kelly, here's my answer to this. Who is this person? Like you say, an opponent? Do you have to see her again? Or see him again in this situation? Because I always like to use a little bit of well, so does Aaron sarcasm with this, be like oh we're going to get another free call, Oh we're doing this today, or just use some John McEnroe lines, just do like yeah, like kind of be over the top of like but clearly sarcastic of like, oh my god, looks like someone really wants to win today. And then let them respond to that, because if they're going to keep doing that like yeah, she goes, I let a few go before asking are you sure that's good?
Speaker 1: Kelly? That's good?
Speaker 2: That was good? Keep doing things like that and then at some point you got to just be like, not gonna knock it off. Yeah, and because my husband, my husband and I are from the Northeast but moved south for his job. We're expecting our first child congratulations this spring and feeling family guilt about being away from them with their first grandchild. We're happy down here, but no, being near family can be a big help.
Speaker 1: Advice take it away, sister, You got to do you.
Speaker 2: I was trying to reread it and be like, oh, yeah, you're down south for a job. You have to do you. If that's where the job is. It's I know, it's difficult. I mean, I wish my mom was around right now. She is a former art teacher. She's so great with arts and crafts. Max at an age where he's like kind of trying to draw, and my mom would just be so amazing to have around. But yeah, it sucks, like it does. But we FaceTime with them all the time, and we're so excited for Christmas. Like I just saw my parents in Tampa this weekend and they're just everybody's so excited about how bananas he's going to be.
Speaker 1: So it's thanks.
Speaker 2: But if you're there, if you're there for a job. I'm not sure what else you can do. Yeah, and I think there's also an Again I speak from not having a child, but I've been away from my family since I was eighteen years old, and every you know, my brother and sisters still live close to my parents and they have all the birthdays and family gatherings together. And I always think about, like, just try to put it on the schedule, look for Thanksgiving and Christmas. That's never an option for us because of work, which is fry. But then like Fourth of July, like put things on the schedule where you know you can at least or they can come to you or you can go to them. So it's something to look forward to. But don't feel guilty, especially if it's for a job and you're supporting your soon to be child, which again, congratulations exactly.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: Alyssa two two one two not a question, but a tip for getting changed in airport bathrooms. Yes, bring a pack of puppy pea pads to stand on and then you can toss them.
Speaker 1: That's a good idea. Wow, that's a really good idea. I love it. Alisa two to twelve.
Speaker 2: That's a good little stocking stuffer for Kevin Burkhardt and myself because we're on a text chain together where it always gets brought up. There we're in the bathroom changing and nothing is worse than the automatic toilets where any sudden movement when you're changing, it's splashing the water up. Or the person Aaron had won, the person next to her that had whatever, like had a stomach ache, and you're working, You're work install three and she's working through a lot of things Install four and like, I'm not even halfway through getting my outfit off, you know what I mean. And they knew it was just gonna be a long haul, and so I'm next to it, holding my breath and I'm like not wanting to step. I mean, I could have died, it was so not because of what was happening, but I.
Speaker 1: Was holding my bread. It was just a lot.
Speaker 2: I've also thought too, I mean, I have neck and back issues just from stupid shit, and also my posture sucks. I've also thought like getting man impression pants on or off, or my clothes on and off in a hurry. I'm like, is this the way I'm going to throw out my back? Or like a disk popping, you know what I mean, because you're just like bent over in these stalls. You know what another thing is about the bathroom stall change is a real bitch or even a pee in the bathroom. When we're traveling, I bring a carry on. You bring a carry on. keV does too. The stalls that are so small that you the only way you can open the door with your bag inside is if your suitcase literally is touching the bowl of I'm like, so at the back of your legs.
Speaker 1: So are the back of your legs? Uh huh yeap. But now our suitcases are so nasty, so nasty. Do you have a wife from down? I spray it. I'm going to actually do that today. I need to.
Speaker 2: I don't I should do that as we're having this conversation. Oh, actually, it's that move when you go through TSA and you've got to lift the backup and sometimes you got to put the hand on the wheel because it's like its you or.
Speaker 1: You see the random hair coming off the wheel.
Speaker 2: Oh go ahead, Oh go ahead. No, I was just gonna say, it builds up our immunities. That is the only way that I can justify the like disgustingness because knock on, would you?
Speaker 1: And I do not get sick a lot. We do not.
Speaker 2: And it's like these people that are so ster like, Look, I'm all about hygiene. I am the person that showers ten times a day, Like whatever can I.
Speaker 1: Test to that?
Speaker 2: I just think at some point, like you know all of this sterilization and you have a child, so it's like you have to be careful, like when are you going to let him pick up a thing off the ground or when are you not going to like, oh, today at the playground, he was digging in the sand and pulled out a band had I was like, oh God.
Speaker 1: Not in the mouth, not in the mouth, see exactly. But you have to build up the immunities and the babies because at.
Speaker 2: Some point, like we're not gonna be bubble Boy and got into the world and be like any little thing sets them off.
Speaker 1: Now, look, I gotta need the weird bathroom moments.
Speaker 2: But yeah, you're gonna love this baby. I save it for the big show. Kevin and I went to Tampa this weekend and we went on the same flights there and we connected. We had this we had this crazy flight. Thankfully it was just Atlanta to Tampa. This guy was sitting behind me. I couldn't tell it was two things. Stomach flew or he was drunk, and he was literally like hunched, laying over on his wife girlfriend whoever was behind me. But I was thinking to myself, if this guy starts barfing the second we take off, I can't do this. So Nosy Rosie Rosie name by the way, for those of you that looking back. Kevin looks at me and goes, oh, no, I give I give eyes to the female flight at ten and I'm like, oh no, don't, hey, y, Betty Davis. Eyes don't say things. We give eyes. This is two things you said already today that are so wild. She said, you're a folklore era earlier and I was like, we're not even referring to a Taylor Swift song. And she said folklore earlier on the call, and now I was talking about Terry and Jimmy and Drago. I know they're folklore heroes, but wait. So I gave eyes to the I was like, we go back here. She's like, let me find out. So somebody went. Another flight attendant came over.
Speaker 1: I didn't want to take off, and then he starts puking or we got to make it the landing, Like, let's deal with this situation again. You're so sorry.
Speaker 2: You were my observations, and I had one behind me, joined the uber drivers and the flight attendants, like just sit in the seat and get them shut out.
Speaker 1: Are we good?
Speaker 2: Back? Here is American Airlines paying you to be an air marshal, because you should be paid.
Speaker 1: We got eyes on this.
Speaker 2: Yeah you are, Yeah, you are bridesmaids for those of you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not an There's a woman dressing colonial clothing on the way.
Speaker 2: That movie holds up.
Speaker 1: It's so so funny. Good ship.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you made eyes with the flight attendant non sexually, but in id she sent someone over there to speak with the passenger. And the passenger she said, how's he doing? She goes just tired, and I felt a Christian wake so tired, so tired. Something's wrong. He's lifeless, life alert? Are we okay? We'll talk about it on the big show. We're clearly not.
Speaker 1: Prop him up. What does he need? Wake him into?
Speaker 2: Bernie?
Speaker 1: You say, no resting home? Oh that was from Breakfast Club. Wake her up?
Speaker 2: This saint no resting. That's also another movie. I needed to get more familiar with. There have so many lines.
Speaker 1: In Breakfast Club. Who closed that door?
Speaker 2: Sir?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe a screw fell out. The world isn't imperfect place? Oh, John Hughes, What a mastermind?
Speaker 1: The Full Floor and The Mastermind continue on The Big Show.
Speaker 2: Calm Down with Erin and Carissa is a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: For more podcasts.
Speaker 2: iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 1: M