Speaker 1: All right, it's Monday, time for a brand new Second Date update, and Jose moo Karama commented the Second Date update pissed me off, and the Second Date Update update pissed me off. So you know, I'm concerned how this person's gonna feel what they hear about. Today's a bachelor party guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well all of these we don't have an update update update.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's true. That's true.
Speaker 1: So I don't know how today we'll affect your emotions, but let us know in the comments after you hear.
Speaker 2: It, you will be moved, be emotional.
Speaker 3: Fourth is the word.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your brand new Second Date update right now.
Speaker 3: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning. Second Date updates.
Speaker 4: Out of all the crazy places we've heard of people meeting each other on this segment, yeah, mid convenience store, robbery or in the colonoscopy prep area.
Speaker 3: Oh that one was cute, very sweet.
Speaker 4: I mean, we've definitely heard some strange meetups before that you'd tell stories about for years if it ended up working out.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't know about this one cause one of our listeners says he met a woman while attending his own bachelor party.
Speaker 2: Oh no, his words, not mine.
Speaker 3: Should we have him on the phone.
Speaker 2: Jeff, Well, I'm curious to hear what the story is at least or he's single now or something.
Speaker 3: Maybe he was an open marriage.
Speaker 2: I don't know that's true. I never think about that.
Speaker 4: We have a lot of questions, so we need to talk to this guy. Rick hey Man, welcome to the show.
Speaker 5: How you doing.
Speaker 3: I feel like he's to come in with more than just how you're doing. Big misunderstanding.
Speaker 2: Okay, did I read this right? This is your bachelor party?
Speaker 5: It was my bachelor party?
Speaker 6: Oh wow, I'm honestly, I'm pushing forty and I've been to all of my friend's bachelor parties. I spend tons of money on them, and I say, I felt like it was time to celebrate me.
Speaker 2: Who wait, you threw yourself your own bachelor.
Speaker 3: I can't but that means you're getting married? Were you getting married?
Speaker 5: No, I'm celebrating that I'm a bachelor. It's a bachelor party.
Speaker 2: That is I just have Oh. I was like you guys, I'm never gonna have a bachelor party. But their bachelor parties have always been.
Speaker 4: So that is funny because bachelor parties are always are typically celebrating the end of being a bachelor, but you're actually celebrating currently being a bachelor exactly.
Speaker 3: Okay, well you probat have to explain that to women when you're out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I'm not actually getting married.
Speaker 3: You think you found the reason he's not getting to call back? He came off as a fiance.
Speaker 2: Well, we don't know.
Speaker 4: We don't know what the story is or who we met. Like, we need to hear it from you, Rick, tell us what happened.
Speaker 6: So, yeah, we had a I saw the party downtown and there's lots of drinks and fun and we went to a bunch of clubs.
Speaker 5: It was a great time.
Speaker 2: And this is you and like, what a group of your guy friends?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's about six of us total.
Speaker 3: Okay, is there anything indicating bachelor party as you're out? You know, like girls will wear sashes and white dresses like.
Speaker 2: Do youse kind of wear, like suits and stuff.
Speaker 3: I guess do you have any of that?
Speaker 6: I mean we all dressed up nicely, but yeah, we didn't have coordinating outfits or anything.
Speaker 1: Caring our girl your fiance's head around on.
Speaker 3: A sticky.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is that what you guys do?
Speaker 3: I got to love that her friend's boyfriends.
Speaker 5: I'll show you.
Speaker 4: We'll do that after we talked to Rick more about his bachelor party. So apparently you ended up meeting a girl while you were out.
Speaker 6: Yeah, at one of the clubs, I met this girl, name is Riley. She's great, and uh, we hit it off right away. But as you can imagine, she was immediately skeptical, thinking that I'm about to get married when she found out about the bachelor party. Yeah, it's because you're called a bachelor party, so everyone you're getting.
Speaker 2: Married, exactly.
Speaker 5: It wasn't my fault.
Speaker 6: Like I was talking to her and then one of my buddies comes up behind me and he's like, dude, congrats on the bachelor party, and then.
Speaker 3: He like runs off, and I assume you try to explain, but then you would just come off as a bigger liar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've been single for a way too long.
Speaker 3: I'm celebrating me.
Speaker 2: And yeah, never being married.
Speaker 5: It's not an easy explanation.
Speaker 6: I'm like, no, this is a branding issue, you know. Finally I brought another friend over.
Speaker 5: And he explained the whole thing, and she got it.
Speaker 2: She did, Yeah, she did, at least she pretended to get well.
Speaker 3: I mean, if she stayed around, then she probably believed she went to the bathroom.
Speaker 1: Did a quick Google search, checked her insta.
Speaker 2: So was there more to the evening after that?
Speaker 5: There was? So? I you know, I got in a hotel room because it's my bachelor party, and at.
Speaker 6: Some point Riley and I decided to sneak off and I gets my own party.
Speaker 2: Okay, and you and Riley went to the hotel.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and she stayed the night.
Speaker 3: Okay. Wow, I mean it sounds really fun, really fun. Uh huh, it does not sound like something you'd expect to call back from.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good point.
Speaker 4: Why wouldn't you get a call back after such a romantic Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean, did you indicate to her how interested you were in her?
Speaker 6: I did, Like in the morning, you know, we had had all these like lots of long, deep conversations. I really felt like we connected. So in the morning, I was like, we need to see each other again, we need to continue this.
Speaker 3: Oh, okay, you were really direct.
Speaker 6: I was, and I thought she was on the same page. But that was four days ago and she hasn't responded since I've sent her texts and I've gotten nothing.
Speaker 3: Maybe she's still nursing or hangover. Yeah, the bright light of my phone is too much.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean we didn't drink a ton, to be honest, and we drank short, but it wasn't like blackout.
Speaker 5: Drunk or anything. And yeah there was romance. But we talked a lot and we really got to know each other.
Speaker 2: So maybe that's the problem then.
Speaker 4: I mean, if Brook's going back to a guy's hotel, she does not want to talk, that's for sure.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean after a night of the club, I don't think anybody does. Like, I think what you experienced is unusual for sure, and special, Like I could understand why you're upset.
Speaker 6: I'm just confused because I know people, and I could read her, and she had strong feelings for me, I could tell. So I just don't know what to make of this whole thing.
Speaker 3: Huh. Maybe she's not being fully honest with you about where she is in life. Party. Yeah, he was on it.
Speaker 5: It was a birthday party, she said, So.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, who knows what that means.
Speaker 4: We're gonna find out when we call her and hopefully get some answers, and maybe if this goes well, we can throw you another real bachelor party.
Speaker 2: Somewhere your bachelor party.
Speaker 4: We'll find out when we come back for your second date update.
Speaker 2: I'll do it right after this.
Speaker 3: Hold on Brook and Jeffrey in the morning second.
Speaker 2: Date update, our listener.
Speaker 4: Rick has given us a whole new definition for the term bachelor party. Yeah, because he threw one for himself recently, even though he's not getting married.
Speaker 3: No, not even in a relationship.
Speaker 4: No, he did it to celebrate his status as a single, eligible young man, an actual bachelor.
Speaker 3: Okay, most people just call it single guys night out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he doesn't have the same ring too.
Speaker 1: You don't get people to buy your drinks if you say that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you don't have this terrible misunderstanding that he had.
Speaker 4: I don't know if there was a misunderstanding, because while he was out partying with his buddies, that's where he met a woman named Riley and ended up bringing her back to his hotel room, where they spent the rest of that night talking and having deep, meaningful conversations.
Speaker 3: It sounds like jeff is using his sarcasm voice, but that was real.
Speaker 4: Really, which again, total opposite of your typical bachelor party end of the night. But that's why he's so confused about why Riley's been completely.
Speaker 2: Ignoring him afterwards. I mean, alexis you would call him back right after a night like that.
Speaker 1: I mean, to be fair, When you just said like men's bachelor hotel room, I kind of got chills of how dirty it might be. Not gonna lie.
Speaker 2: I mean, Rick, what was the state of your hotel room?
Speaker 5: It wasn't that dirty.
Speaker 6: I mean we did pre party there, but I tried to hide the shop bottles, so it wasn't that bad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So then yeah, I would call him back.
Speaker 4: Oh well, let's see if Riley first of all answers our call, and second of all, she has an explanation for why she's been ignoring you for the past four days since your intimate hangout.
Speaker 5: I hope.
Speaker 3: So that's going to get turned this around for you. Rick, don't be so sad.
Speaker 5: Yeah, man, I'm just nervous.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: You guys know you had chemistry.
Speaker 4: You have that, bro, Yeah, and remember you are a confident, single bachelor. Any woman would be lucky to have you, did you Guys?
Speaker 6: Hear what I said before, I'm pushing forties, so this might be my last chance.
Speaker 3: Well, you're a guy, you got easily a good fifteen years, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can date well into your seventies and still catch like a twenty or thirty.
Speaker 3: With enough money. That's true.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we all have faith in you. Let's see if Riley picks up the phone. Minute down the number right now here we go.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hi is this Riley?
Speaker 3: This is hi Riley by morning. Hi.
Speaker 2: What is this in regards to Yeah, this is We're a radio show.
Speaker 4: We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning, and we're doing a segment called the Second Date Update, and we would love if you could be a part of it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, just yes.
Speaker 3: Oh you're able to be convinced of anything.
Speaker 2: You're going to go with the flow type of person.
Speaker 8: So is this about one of my friends then, because no, not.
Speaker 4: Really, this is more about you and why you're not calling back one of our our friends, a listener to our show named Rick.
Speaker 7: Actually, I've changed my mind. I don't want to participate anymore.
Speaker 3: Hold on, hold on, this is that's crazy. That's a crazy reaction.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, I just I don't really know what to tell you. I was really upset in his room. So I mean, if he can already mention.
Speaker 8: That to you.
Speaker 7: I guess that means that I hit.
Speaker 8: It pretty well.
Speaker 4: The way that he told it to us was that you two went back to his room and basically spent the entire night talking and getting to know each other, and he felt like the two of you connected on a deeper level.
Speaker 7: Honestly, I don't really want to talk about it because if I do, I'm I think it might make me mad again.
Speaker 3: You still mad?
Speaker 6: Alright?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I feel like we're past that point.
Speaker 2: Was this hotel room a total mess? Is that what it was?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 8: That honestly would have been way better.
Speaker 4: I tried, Okay, would you mind sharing with I mean, we don't want to pry too deep into your personal life, but it would really help Rick if we could know just a little bit about what he did.
Speaker 2: Wrong or well.
Speaker 8: I mean, we had been together probably three hours at this point.
Speaker 7: And we you know, we were really connecting, and honestly, like my intuition was like, oh my god, like this.
Speaker 8: Could be the one who. I mean, I feel stupid now that I was thinking that, because obviously he wasn't. And I was like, I want this to be more. And so we were talking for.
Speaker 7: Like a really long time and I asked him.
Speaker 8: Like, if we were together, if like we.
Speaker 7: Were boyfriend and girlfriend and.
Speaker 8: We broke up, would you.
Speaker 7: Date someone similar to me afterwards?
Speaker 2: Oh god, Okay, you know.
Speaker 1: A hypothetical question those getting together and then breaking up.
Speaker 3: Okay, So what did he say? Answer important that you didn't like?
Speaker 8: He said, no, that's impossible.
Speaker 7: You're one of one, because he immediately went till we would break up, And that was the point that he should have been like, no, of course not, we would never break up because you're my person for me.
Speaker 3: That would have freaked me out. If someone would have said we're never going to break up on the first night I met them, I'd be like, whoa.
Speaker 2: But Brook they had hung out for three whole hours.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, don't you think that man? That's pretty harsh.
Speaker 2: To totally cut him off after that.
Speaker 7: I just feel like, when you know, you know, and he obviously didn't know that I was his person, and so why would I waste my time?
Speaker 4: Rick told us that you guys talked for hours, and I don't know if that question even like resonated with him in the same way that it did with you, But we can.
Speaker 5: I can't stop thinking about it.
Speaker 1: Okay, maybe an opportunity for test correction.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is a good chance because Rick is on the line right now, listening in on this call, waiting to talk to you.
Speaker 5: Hey, Riley, I.
Speaker 7: Would loved hello.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, I don't even know what to say.
Speaker 7: Yeah, there's no surprise there because you didn't know what to say that ninety Wait.
Speaker 3: Rick, do you remember that moment in your guys' conversation?
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I no idea. It was a test question.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's the point of a test. You're not supposed to know what's happening.
Speaker 2: I thought his answer was pretty good. Like, you're one of a kind. There's no one in the world.
Speaker 5: Like you, Riley.
Speaker 6: Look, I just want to try to fix this. I really like you, and I just I just wanted to get to know you. That's what I thought was happening that night.
Speaker 7: I mean, I thought that we were getting to know each other as well, and I did.
Speaker 8: I got to know that I am not important to you who but you be willing.
Speaker 7: To just that you would automatically assume that we would.
Speaker 8: Not make it.
Speaker 5: You're reading it wrong.
Speaker 6: Just because I answered one question wrong doesn't mean that we can't be together.
Speaker 5: I said, you're one of a kind.
Speaker 8: Yeah, one of a kind. But after we broke up.
Speaker 5: Just give me another chance. Just ask me again, ask me the same damn question again.
Speaker 7: The answer the answer isn't going to matter now that you know what I want to hear.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's important to study before a test. You know every teacher would want that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, okay, fine, if you're a boyfriend and girlfriend and we broke up, would you date someone similar to me afterwards?
Speaker 3: Okay, here we go.
Speaker 5: No, absolutely not.
Speaker 7: Oh so you would date somebody different than men?
Speaker 3: Work down, I'm gonna break up? Yeah? Were you're not paying attention?
Speaker 8: Gave you the answer?
Speaker 5: Tricking me again?
Speaker 6: I can't do it.
Speaker 5: Just ask me again, Ask me again.
Speaker 7: Okay, no, I'm not gonna ask you again.
Speaker 8: I already asked you twice. You were supposed to say we would never break up. I told you what to say, and you still didn't do it.
Speaker 1: I'm kind of switching HRS side for the second round.
Speaker 3: Cracked under pressure. You guys, there's a lot happening right now. Rick was fully invested in what was happening with you too.
Speaker 6: You can't see me right now, but I am sweating right my shirt is soaking wet.
Speaker 8: That's not attract him.
Speaker 3: Okay, dude, I can't believe you're gonna throw this all away because of one silly question that you don't even like.
Speaker 2: My guy finally went on, am I agree?
Speaker 4: There's two hours and fifty nine minutes of really great conversation and greatness after that.
Speaker 8: All I'm doing right now is living my feelings. Okay, you don't.
Speaker 7: Get tell me how to feel.
Speaker 6: I'm not trying to tell you how to feel. Just give me one more chance, Okay, I will listen. I will be there for you. I would not break up with you, I would not date someone else that looks like you.
Speaker 5: I would always just be there for you.
Speaker 4: Rick, did you just answer all three options there? All at the same time.
Speaker 3: I thought it was a smart move.
Speaker 2: Jeff I forgot to just say yes, you know what one.
Speaker 3: True and false?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Y would you want to hear? That's what he has to say.
Speaker 4: So at this point, we'd like to ask Riley if you would be willing to give Rick a second chance and meet up with him for another date.
Speaker 2: If you are, we would pay for that.
Speaker 5: Please.
Speaker 2: And this is a test. There is a correct answer to it. Riley, just so.
Speaker 3: Rilly, don't be so come on. Everybody deserves another shot.
Speaker 7: I will give you one more night. But anything that goes wrong, is it it's over.
Speaker 2: On the edge.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it sounds like he won't be walking on eggshells at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Rick, that sounds like so much fun, doesn't it. She's like, how you doing.
Speaker 5: He's like, I don't know how to answer, no comment.
Speaker 7: I know who I am, I know what I bring to the table, and you either want.
Speaker 8: It or you do.
Speaker 2: Okay, well I think he wants you want it.
Speaker 5: Rick, Absolutely nothing is going to go wrong.
Speaker 2: Better not okay, because you don't.
Speaker 8: Get to call the radio station to ask me back for a third time.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's call it just keeps getting sweeter and sweeter. So you know what we're gonna say. It took over. It really did.
Speaker 4: We're gonna set your two up on a lovely date and you just have the best time together.
Speaker 5: Okay, we will and we won't end all the above. That's my man.
Speaker 3: Yes, Rook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: What do you think is the percentage that we're going to get an update update from Rick and Riley somewhere down the road.
Speaker 2: Not at all.
Speaker 1: Dude, maybe just him on the phone?
Speaker 2: Yeah, are there percentages less than zero? She's gonna blow it in the first like thirty minutes.
Speaker 3: I promise, How could anyone not blow it with exactly? Is she ever going to be in a relationship? I mean, maybe she doesn't want to be.
Speaker 2: Right flying to herself.
Speaker 3: I don't know that that was nuts.
Speaker 4: He's in a tough position at this point, but I will say it is impressive that after just three hours they went from complete strangers to arguing like a married couple of twenty years.
Speaker 3: Excuse me, they broke up? Yeah, after the three hours.
Speaker 2: No, they are never going to break up.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I would have failed her test.
Speaker 2: Yeah, who wouldn't.
Speaker 4: But remember the one test you can't fail is finding us on our Second Date Update podcast.
Speaker 3: Because we're crazy. We're never breaking up, are we?
Speaker 4: No, we're not, And we're in all of your favorite podcast platforms where they're search Rick and Riley in the Morning, Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 2: Although it does have a good rink to it,