Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market. Harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Let's take a look some of the stocks on the move today. We can do that with Bloomberg's emilin Gerfao, Emily, what are you looking at all?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: So I'm taking a look at shares of Intel right now, tiker I INTC. It's up about two point seven percent, open a little bit higher, but this is, of course following a surge on Friday of Intel and a number of other semiconductor stocks really just here, boosted by continued investor enthusiasm over that build out of AI infrastructure. I signaled out Intel because it's up two hundred and forty four percent year to date. I recommend looking at a chart of this stock. It's like a straight vertical lineup for this year. And of course it hadn't always been a smooth ride for Intel, Paul, I know you've covered this company for quite some time. But a turnaround here, at least in the near term, and we did see Bank of America just this morning raising their price target on the stock to ninety six dollars a share from fifty six, but they maintain their underperform rating and the chairs are actually trading much higher than that right now. And of course it's not just Intel. The Philadelphia Semiconductor Index is soaring as well and now at a new record high, up about sixty eight percent since it's low on March thirtieth. What's your next stock? Yeah, that's right, an Intel at A at an intra day record today, many records, Yes, a lot of records. Okay, my next stock is Moderna. Take your mRNA up about five percent right now. Rallied twelve percent on Friday. The company said last week it's researching vaccines to protect against Hanta viruses. The latest on the hantavirus they coming from Bloomberg News reporting US citizens who were aboard the cruise ship that was hit by the outbreak have arrived in Nebraska for assessment. This is similar to what we saw during the coronavirus pandemic, that the biotech shares would rally like every time we got an update.
Speaker 3: I didn't even knowing a coronavirus. I didn't even know we had this place in Nebraska, which is literally in the middle of the country's landlocked, right, yes, and so it's part of the University of Nebraska and they specialize in these infectious diseases. But I just saw the news footage of that and it was pretty cool. There's people serious. I got the hasmat so it's like nth degree.
Speaker 1: Does this make you rethink your plans for going on a cruise later on?
Speaker 3: It does, but I'm plowing ahead. Okay, raw cruise?
Speaker 1: What could go wrong?
Speaker 2: Famous sorts, famous last words?
Speaker 3: Exactly? What is Monday dot Com? Okay?
Speaker 1: So I didn't just pick Monday dot Com as my final stock mover because it's Monday. It's Monday. It I think it's a very emblematic of one of the big trades this year, which is of course selling software companies because investors are nervous that there's going to be basically these companies are going to be obsolete because they're going to be replaced by artificial intelligence. Monday dot Com has been hit by that trade. It's down forty six percent year to date, but they had earnings this morning and it's I guess a bright spot. The stock is up about ten percent right now. It was up as much as twenty two percent biggest intro day jump since February twenty twenty five. The company raised their full year forecast for both revenue and adjusted operating profits. And again, this is a like hr software, but if you go to Google Monday dot com the website, it's Monday dot com the AI work platform. So I'm not sure if they always called themselves an AI work platform, but it is interesting to see how these software companies are pivoting to using AI and their branding. Now they are you know, to not you know, be disrupted by it, but integrate it into their cant join them exactly.
Speaker 2: Scarlet the Stockmovers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.