Speaker 1: Good morning, peeps, and a welcome to OKF Daily with Meet your Girl Danielle Moody recording from the Home Bunker.
Speaker 2: Folks, let me tell you something, you know, there are.
Speaker 1: Times when I get so angry and beside myself at the state of our country where I just want to let out a primal scream from the tips of my toes and just out of the top of my head, as if I were some type of Looney Tunes cartoon. That the anger and the rage is at times so great that I feel myself suffocating, right, which is how I know that I have to move from this place, right that. This is why I talk very often with all of you about finding different avenues and moving in different ways that are not placing rage, anger and hate in the center of ourselves, right, because that is just not the way.
Speaker 2: And I tell you, if you.
Speaker 1: Have not read All About Love by Bell Hooks, which you know I read this summer, and you know, read Lighter by Young Pueblo and read Falling Upward by Richard Rohrer, just trying to figure out what are better ways to process the rage, because it's real and I can't pretend that it doesn't exist. I can't pretend that when I see videos like Lauren Bobert, who stood up on the house floor to talk about the LGBTQ community as groomers, and to take to social media to talk about the insidious nature of drag shows, and then to see her in a video at a family theater performance being groped and groping and vaping and carrying on like some fucking low rent delinquent and then having the audacity to want to talk about other people's family values. It isn't just hypocrisy.
Speaker 2: It is just a.
Speaker 1: I don't know what is psychologically wrong with these people, but I do believe that there is something that is deeply impairing them, right, And I'm not using that as an excuse like, oh, it's mental illness in a way that we want to talk about. You know the fact that we refuse to do anything about mass shootings and we continue to say that it's because of mental illness when we don't have you know the what, We're the only country that has people that suffer from emotional instability and mental illness. No, we're just the only one that provides access readily available access to guns. But going back to the hypocrisy of Bobert and others. Their party is filled with pedophiles. I have seen so many like reports of local officials being arrested, registered Republicans who were leading camps and you know, clergy being arrested for sex trafficking and propositioning miners and all of these things that I'm just it's like, not one of them are a direct queen, not one of them are liberal in their affiliation right or a Democrat, and so you recognize that everything that they do and are about is projection. But it doesn't stop. It doesn't stifle the rage and the anger that I have at feeling like I'm being forced as a black queer woman in this country to perform my humanity because it isn't readily accepted because I'm being judged by gutter trash, and that is angering you know. The other day there was a report that Ari Melber did on his show. There is a docuseries on Tupac and a Phoenie chakor a Phoenix Shi.
Speaker 2: Core is a.
Speaker 1: Very well known black panther that fought for black liberation and then was like exiled. Then Tupac, who she gives birth to, is only in this world, on this planet for twenty seven years before he is murdered. But the impact in his music and his poetry is literally being taught at universities. But I started to watch the documentary Dear Mama, which I really want to sinis, and I think about the ways that one of the executive producers, Alan Hughes, was talking about what he never learned about the Black Panthers, and what he did learn was that they were just the black version of the KKK. And you know, all of that was done purposefully right by white corporate media, by our government to equate the assertive desire and campaign for black liberation as the black version of white supremacy, which is impossible one because black people don't have power in this country. They don't own, operate, and run systems right that everyone else has to buy in and be a part of, so they do not have the power to wield their and weaponize prejudice. Nonetheless, that was never the truth about the Black Panther Party. The Black Panthers were about Black people looking out for and helping black people and recognizing the fullness of our citizenship, which also included bearing arms and fighting against those laws, rules, and officials who were masquerading their democracy and their belief in democracy, but at night going into black communities, burning them down, brutalizing their people, right, and then turning around and creating laws that benefited them through privilege and subjugated black people. And the Black panthers were hip to that shit, and they were like, we're going to create our own food programs, we're going to create our own literacy programs, We're going to build up our own community. And once a black people were just like, no, we don't want to sit in and have and be beaten and hosed down and work through a place of nonviolence, like we're actually just going to be black for black people, right, not for white acceptance. And it was through that, you know that this whole idea of both sides right are wrong, you know, really comes to the forefront in my mind, because the both sides ism has been from the beginning right, and that what that example that I just provided is not even the beginning, it's like somewhere in the middle right. And so when you see things that are so wrong, right, so obviously fucking wrong, how do you work through.
Speaker 2: The rage?
Speaker 1: How do you not want to just take these people and literally shake the shit out of them, like, hold up the fucking video. If I was a trolling ass reporter, I would be playing the video. If I were a member of Congress, I would have entered that shit.
Speaker 2: Into the record, right.
Speaker 1: I would have held a floor speech played that video so that it is entered into the record as I talk about and against the anti LGBTQ policies that they're trying to pass. Do you know what I'm saying? Like, you see obvious fucking wrongdoing, but somehow it's wrong of us, right, Like I heard somebody say like, well, I don't sex shame, and I'm like, okay, So there's a time and place for everything. You want to fuck your boyfriend, you want to grope them, you want to do whatever, Sure, go off, but not in front of fucking families at a screening of Beetlejuice. This not some triplex fucking theater, right, Like, what are you doing? There's also no vaping inside, just like this is not the nineteen fifties where you can just light up a fucking cigarette wherever you want, And so how do you not then use the same tactics but justly to show the hypocrisy and how disgusting this party is. How do you not use this opportunity? And this is where I struggle, friends, because I use these two examples of Bobert and how the media created this entire image of the Black Panther Party that was never true, that was a fucking lie, the same way that they created this image, this one image of Malcolm X. He's angry and he's dangerous, right, or how long can you literally watch everyone around you die be killed by the States and then still want to extend your fucking hand and know that that wasn't the fullness of his life, because before he was assassinated, had a whole different Aha coming to Allah moment in his life. Because we are afforded the ability as humans to grow, that's what this life is about. But when you have a group of people that are readily stunted in their thinking, in their beliefs, and then have the power to want to stunt other people people from learning and exploring and having their own AHA moment, that's where I have a fucking problem. That's where my rage comes in. You want to swim inside of your ignorance by all means, go for it. But when you choose to use that power to drown other people. That's the fucking problem. And when we don't articulate what is being done and showcase that hypocrisy for what it is, we miss opportunities. Not only that, but the weight, friends, and the what. I am reading another book right now called The Four Points by Sean Getright, and I tell you that there's a term.
Speaker 2: He did not create it.
Speaker 1: It's from a researcher, and I can't think of this research as at the moment, but by all means, please use Google called racial weathering. Right. You know how with actual weather, buildings get worn down, right like your home for instance, if you own a home, or you live in an apartment building, and you know, sometimes once a year they'll do serious washing of said building and painting because of the weathering that is taking place that the building is succumbing to the elements. Well, the term racial weathering happens inside of the bodies of black people, particularly black women.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: I understand that it happens to other marginal groups, marginalized groups, but I'm specifically talking to black people. The racial weathering that happens inside shows itself in the form of hypertension, diabetes, depression, right anxiety, post traumatic stress disorder, things that actually shorten our lives because of the consistent exposure to racism, to anti blackness, to hate, and needing to just swallow it, deal with it so that you can continue to get out of bed, get out of your home, go and work, provide for yourself, provide for a family. It's the reason why life expectancy is so short. On top of the outside forces that are trying to kill you, but the stress and the weight of that on your insides is also killing you. So when I find myself spertly trying to work through and not center anger and rage in my life, it's because I literally do not want to die young. I don't want to work myself into consistent frenzy day in and day out as a way to deal with the hypocrisy, the cruelty, and the brutality that I see and ingest every day. Why am I sharing this with you guys, because.
Speaker 2: This morning.
Speaker 1: I watched a video that was posted on Joyread's page her Instagram that has since you know that was going viral, which is of a Republican candidate for Missouri Governor, Bill Eigel and another Republican state Senator Nick Schroer Schroer, I don't know how to fucking pronounce his name, and I don't really care using flame throwers to burn books. And they did a video that a pile of books and they got flame throwers to torch them. And Igel is running on a campaign that when he becomes governor, pe'll burn all the books, right And I will say, we are in such a fraud challenging, terrible place in this country, in.
Speaker 2: This world right now, and.
Speaker 1: It is really hard to not fall victim to the rage, to the anger, to the hopelessness. Because when you see videos like this, and I tell you you all go look at the video. He says, you bring those woke pornographic books to Missouri schools to try to brainwash our kids, and I'll burn those two on the front lawn of the governor's mansion. But you bring your pornography inside of a theater with families present, and you'll do what exactly, congratulate Lauren Bobert, celebrate her family values, the thirty six year old grandmother right woke pornography because you don't want kids to talk or learn about their bodies, sex desires. But you want ten year olds to become mothers and carry the babies of their rapists. So if we're not calling this out, if we're not bringing attention to the hypocrisy and doing so from a place of detachment, literally being able to see it, understand it, express it, and then let it go, this is what I'm trying to practice because when I tell you, when I feel the heat inside of my body, I know that it is eroding the health and wellness inside of me. That is what racial weathering feels like and sooks. We have got to find a way to center something else in order to deal with what is happening because our insides are burning and that can't happen. We can't allow it. So on this woke Wednesday, I really you know, I call on all of you to ask yourselves what are you centering in your life on a regular basis, on a daily basis, what are you making.
Speaker 2: The core of you?
Speaker 1: Because if it is anger, if it is grief, if it is fear, you have got to find another path. We have got to find another path because that one isn't sustainable. That is it for me today, dear friends on woke af As always, please if you're watching this video, leave comments under the video. Let me know how you were thinking dealing moving through these times, what you think about the term racial weathering, and whether you've had experiences where you have seen the you know, mental and emotional turn up in a physical manner, negatively creating that disease that I speak about.
Speaker 2: And let me know if you are listening to this.
Speaker 1: Hit me up on the socials at D two cent dee t w O c e n t F, on threads, on the broke Ass, Twitter and other places. Be well, dear friends. Power to the people and to all the people. Power, get woke and stay woke as fuck.