Speaker 1: Watch up with a g l a double dollar sign, the shot that's right, Glasses Alone, and you can check me out on my homeboy the Bootleg cav podcast Kicking These Facts man, because CAV tripping everything ain't a classic.
Speaker 2: CAV White Guys. Glasses Malone is on the show. We have his new album, Cancel These Nuts, Cancel These Nuts. It's here. Yeah, got the hard copies, old school. I haven't seen a real like dope CD in a while.
Speaker 1: It's really dope too. I'm like, man, we did a team, we really put that together and it's nice. Came out so nice. Oh yeah, this is a real CD. Yeah yeah, replicated and.
Speaker 2: People can go online and get the autograph version.
Speaker 1: The crypstore dot Com.
Speaker 2: I like that. Let me ask you something, when you do something called the cryptstore dot com, are there other crips that feel some type of way that they're because you know.
Speaker 1: There's there's so many cribs.
Speaker 2: There's krypt Cola, there was Mike, there was the crips that claimed like cryp LLC that tried to suit Nipsy's yea, I was funny. So you have the crypt Store. Does anyone owned the crypts? I don't know on the business side, I don't know. I wouldn't even really worry about it.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't even think twice about it.
Speaker 2: Seems like a non crypt thing to do the crib store. No, no, no, I'm saying, like a non crypt thing to do.
Speaker 1: To be like, I trademarked that, it's definitely a non crypt thing to do. I don't know any crypts actively looking to copyright that term the crips. I just would say, it's just a bit broad, you know. I think most cribs look at it like it's just a broad concept. We all being right in the eye of the storm. We all understand crippin is a much more diverse thing and everybody has their own claim to it as far as Los Angeles goes and now across the world.
Speaker 2: I listened to the album. My favorite is the twenty one STEMI Flow. That's tight. I like us with the Smoke. One of the guys La Giants had La Giants are on that record. That was both of them. The first verse that they did it was super dope. When they were like Kendall Jenner wouldn't have her lips, Oh yeah, yeah, that's Joey Joey West.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right, and he went right before Cam and you know that's Cams That's right. We think West Coast Cam's wheelhouse. Bro, Yeah, that's his wheelhouse. So for Joey to go, he got off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, he did his thing. Man was dope. It's kind of like it feels like a little like obviously your album, but you obviously have the La Giants heavily intertwined throughout the project.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they just feit what was going on at the time.
Speaker 2: Are they like Blue Division?
Speaker 1: No, No, they got they got their own label, Giant Life. I just market their stuff. Okay, So I mean I guess they are Blue Division to some degree, but really it was about helping them build their own thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you took a liking to them and wanted to help.
Speaker 1: I've been knowing them probably twenty years, you know what I mean. I've always liked them, But I just think, uh, God created a space. I'm forgive me for getting all extra spiritual, but he created the space. And I realized we had so many things in common this late in our life, right, and so shit, we just started working and they was talking about jumping on records, and I just as long as they had fun and they end up being like way better you know what I mean than I ever could have thought. Like I would have never thought walking into it. We was gonna be making this many records, right Yeah?
Speaker 2: Cause wa you guys. I mean, I feel like you've been pushing them for a couple of years now.
Speaker 1: Guess second year.
Speaker 2: Let's swap the court out this tripping yesterday?
Speaker 1: Uh, what kind of Mike is that? What kind of XLR this is?
Speaker 2: Oh? Wow? Court? Yeah yeah, but just one of the other courts. Shit, what was it doing?
Speaker 3: It was just cutting out. It was doing it yesterday. M school who won't retire at hell for sure?
Speaker 2: Your road makes the same.
Speaker 1: I'm buying something, man, Road to give you something.
Speaker 2: Do you have a contact. Yeah, I've spent so much fucking money with Road. I just bought the little Road duo just for the road. Funny, dude, Road, I'd be watching. I'm like a road geek. I love their Road backpack. I was about to buy it last night. Tell him send me one of their backpacks. Yeah, I gotta.
Speaker 1: I'll tell Greg you reaching out to have Greg reach out to you.
Speaker 2: The I just bought him. I just bought him. I ordered him four hundred. I just sent like the last like seventy hours. I spent a rock with Road.
Speaker 1: They've been doing a lot of stuff, all right.
Speaker 2: Roland, Okay, we were talking about Mike Cord cutout. We're talking about LA giants. Obviously they're all over the project. Yeah, they just fit. They just fit.
Speaker 1: We the same type of It's crazy. It is because all of these artists I've worked with, I can't say everybody had as much of an LA experience as I have. Right, everybody hasn't been a gang banger. If they have, they haven't low they haven't had a low rider, been on Crenshall. If they have, you know, maybe they never show dope if they have, Maybe they never street race, maybe they never functioned. The LA Johns was like the first acts that I worked with. To me, that did all of the same LA things.
Speaker 2: That I did, including risk your life for some good Chicken.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, yeah, It's fucking truth, which is which is song number seven ye Jim Dandy. But it's like that, it's so many different places. It's funny because that's like a TV show. I'm finishing up. I rolled and I'm finished. Shoot Van Lathan, a couple of hombies helping me to produce it, but dying at your own wrist. That's the experience in l A.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there are always people who are like, yo, man, there's some great because what's the the o G Louisiana Chicken is where? And it's like if you're over dangerous, it's dangerous. But that's how it is.
Speaker 1: So Jim Dandy's and Denver Line Bloods right. Then you have Hawkins and Cross Street from the Nicks and Gardens, the Bonnie and Louise, the best chili cheese frozen Compton is right in the mob hoood. You just kind of got to figure out how to get to all of these places and get away with it.
Speaker 2: And when you go, you gotta like really just not have on your your stuff right like you.
Speaker 1: I'm past that people knew who who you are, but I'm saying it's been a long time. They could smell a crypt like people could smell gang bang and other gang bankers can smell other gang bangers. That's why if they like hit you up where you're from, like, oh man, where who's your mama? Where you live, where you grew up, and you know they'll smell out they could tell yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean I've always had always tells me and I don't know if this is good advice for bad advice, but he said, if I ever end up somewhere, and I have a couple of times where I was getting gas somewhere and I called a head. This happened, like he posted it on Instagram because I hit him and I was like, yo, I'm right here, am I good to get something to eat? I'm getting gas And he's like, what the fuck are you doing there? Yeah, but he had always say He's like, yo, if you end up somewhere and you get banged on, just start acting like real frantic, like you're in the middle of a crazy fight with your girl and you got lost. Like man, my bad, bro, Sorry, man, fucking fight with my bitch. Bro.
Speaker 1: I don't know what.
Speaker 2: Because that's a universal masking things, right, we all be like.
Speaker 1: Man, I just got caught cheating.
Speaker 2: She fucking had me get out the card. You know, That's what Head says. It's true. It works. It just act like you're in the middle of a crazy fight with your girl, you don't know where you're at, and you know, get on your phone and like it should be all right. Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Now, for the most part, it's okay. I mean, gag banging is the most underrated part about game and they're pretty understanding.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if they sober. If they're sober like most humans, that's like, hey, I've been say it's a pretty general statement for the world.
Speaker 1: But game banging it get worse when you know you're drunk, because you get superpowered and people be charged.
Speaker 2: Up, like my wife when she gets mad if she's drunk, it's over latina.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's Spanish cuss words, Spotish cuss words.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a lot of Spanish cust words. I've been called. Okay, So if someone gets your CD physically and they look at the back, you have obviously you got West Coast. Can you got sugar Free? Shout out the sugar free legend. I need you to help me get connected with him. Sure, I got you, I got you. But then you also have Samuel Jackson and the Notorious Big listed his features. Yeah, yeah, explain both.
Speaker 1: I just feel like it's always weird when you're looking at a track list and then somebody's voice pop up, like who the fuck is that? And I just put that there, like obviously on Spotify and try to infringe on their audiences. But I wanted people to know that that voice you hear is gonna be biggies and his voice is gonna Beael Jackson, Martin Luther King or Samuel Jackson. Okay, that's fair Cedric Entertainment.
Speaker 2: You also have the guy who plays Jesus in the music video for Johns Shout to Slink Johnson. He did a really good job on Freddie Gibbs album too. He kind of was like a he did one of the skits on his album. Uh, and he did great on your music video. Yeah. Uh, what's to say something shamful business, something for the business, which is an ode to Uh.
Speaker 1: It's weird because right there's.
Speaker 2: A man with the dazzled anklets.
Speaker 1: That and just just straight men impeding on women's beauty standards in the first place, completely topped about.
Speaker 2: I tell him all the time, straight man, IRUs my shooter over there got two earrings in that.
Speaker 1: You know what's funny that thirty forty years ago that would have been looked round at twenty years ago. That's normal.
Speaker 2: When I was doing my dad used to always tell me if you have an hearing on a certain it meant.
Speaker 1: That you were gay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, and if you have both, it's like what girls do. Yeah, that's true. And then that used to be that way. That used to be that way. Then r Kelly kicked that down because he had them things him and AI. You know what I'm saying. But now this album in general, because you're listen man, if y'all don't follow Glasses on Twitter, he's one of the most frustrating, entertaining follows ever. There are very few things that I so me and you. It's funny because I'm getting ready to read you the whole set, and a lot of my set is going to be dedicated. I bought a Doggie Style on vinyl, the OG vinyl, and I bought the OG cassette. I have had three copies of this sear But you and I are very aligned with some hip hop opinions, some very very some and most of most of the ones that we're very passionately dug in on have to do with Snoop and have to do with Doggy Style. Because Doggie Sell is the most important hip.
Speaker 1: Hop album in my entire life, sure, and it's the most it's the greatest one of all and.
Speaker 2: I I kind of have like a three album where I could be like, there's this my goat album. Right, it's nomadic as doggie styles probably get Richard I trying it in any order that those could be one, two, or three on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or whatever. But Doggies out is the most important in my life. That's fair. And in my opinion, Snoop Dogg somehow, while being the most famous rapper in.
Speaker 1: The world by far, still underrated.
Speaker 2: He's underrated, Yes, agreed, How is this a possibility? By the way, my bucket list interview I hit his guy keV once a month and I'm like, dude, I can it's my bucket list all time interview. If I can interview Snoop, I might cry because I want to explain to him me getting Doggy style on accident change the path of my life. But how is Snoop still underrated? How does that happen?
Speaker 1: Well, he's the greatest hip hop artist of all time, right, but if you favor certain styles, maybe Snoop won't fit that style. So immediately, he's from the West, so that's going to immediately take credit from the cornerstone of hip hop in New York or the East Coast. That's gonna be a cornerstone issue that he's not from the rights.
Speaker 2: He from the West.
Speaker 1: His style is like a one off, you know what I mean. To me, is like a descendant of like Shorten LLL cooj super smooth, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: But you can see he's such a hip hop kid.
Speaker 1: Like first videos, you can see the special ed in his movements, how he moved and how smooth he was. I think the majority of it is one, he's from the West Coast and not from the East. Two would probably be he's alive. He's alive. That's real, real shit, you know what I mean. He's alive and that's really important, which is even greater because you look at him now and he's probably like still the most recognizable, you know, rapper on the planet.
Speaker 2: But I do say that, I say there's certain artists that, if God forbid they passed away, would shoot to the greatest of all. And I really think think that about Kendrick. Like I tell people, like, yeah, we really kind of don't appreciate Kendrick like we should, because if he passed away tomorrow for whatever reason, he's the goat. He's at least he's at least like solidified in that conversation and the same way we talk about Pocket.
Speaker 1: It's really dope. And I try not to comment on dot because you know, DoD is my friend and somebody I love.
Speaker 2: You guys have done records together, way way deeper.
Speaker 1: You know, Nigga really my partner. But it's like he's also a generation underminds. So I have to listen to a lot of younger people tell me versus me giving because I have niggas that I'm looking like, you know, Scarface Star. It's like, as much as I love Dodd is like Scarface, you know he raised me, DoD is like.
Speaker 2: Well, I would just say, because like we put Biggie in certain conversations based on two albums when he was alive. We got two albums. That's them. Them albums ship that well, you know those are incredible. But what I'm saying as if you if you look at just like.
Speaker 1: If something happen to die, it'd be frantic. It'd be frantic. It would probably it would probably reshape hip hop at that point.
Speaker 2: Personally, I think unfortunately people sometimes when they leave prematurely, they get appreciated more. And I think we've seen that happen a lot of time and time again over the last decade, or.
Speaker 1: Their spirit can be free to roam about the cabin because I think a lot of times we don't get into like even with nip Right, I always felt like people look at gang bangers and feel like I can't relate, even though, like you know, Niggas is regular human beings, but they can't relate. And I think it became so important for people to get what he was on when he passed away because it made him mortal. People really look at game banging like like a he man sport, like, oh man, if they die, I don't care, or you know, or they can't die, or they did something to die, or they imprison you know, versus some dude just really running a business and having a problem with somebody taking his life. And I think there's nothing more human than that. So I think that's what happened with him.
Speaker 2: Well back to the Snoop thing. I think what happened with Snoop was when we look at things to like a biased hip hop you know, I guess goggle because for whatever reason, a lot of the taste makers and hip hop over the years have been very East Coast biased.
Speaker 1: I mean for New York.
Speaker 2: I think if you think of like Doggy Style, I think Snoop's early on contractual shit got in the way of him probably being looked at in the same way we look at Nas. Or I won't even say Nas because Nas had some issues with his discography. But let's say jay Z right because Dog. I think dog Father was an album I enjoyed, but it wasn't Doggy Style. And then there was the kind of the disconnection with death Row, and then he went to No Limit, and then then that first No Limit album was Forgettable. No Limit Top Dog was my Ship. I love that.
Speaker 1: I love the Last Last Meal.
Speaker 2: The Last Meal was my ship. But I think like it's it's almost like we kind of lost some years of peak Snoop in the way that we prop back because obviously the Doctor Dre relationship dissolves, so that that mattered a lot, you know what I mean. And then he has this other run in the middle of his career with Forrell and the Blue Carpet Treatment, Rhythm and Gangster.
Speaker 1: Records, Oh my God, that we just like forget about. Yeah, even that whole album he did with Pharrell was it called Bush. Yeah, it was dope as fuck.
Speaker 2: So I just think that like man, for whatever reason, like we really didn't get to really enjoy like peak Snoop dog in the way that we should have because of things that were probably outside of his control, because there was the murder, the murder trial.
Speaker 1: So let's so let's actually, let's actually clear frame. Let's not talk about what we're reading on Wikipedia. Let's go by what really happened. Right in nineteen ninety two, we got the first Snoop Dogg album, No disrespect to Doctor Dre the Chronic.
Speaker 2: That's the first Snoop Dogg album. Fair enough, shout out to Dre Big Bruh coming out party. He's on fourteen to the fifteen Records who wrote pretty much the record. Right, that's the first Snoop album to crime. Then Doggy Style drops. That's ninety four, right, it's ninety three, ninety three, Okay.
Speaker 1: Then Doggie Style is such a big deal with sales eight hundred and seventy thousand albums in the first week, eight hundred ninety thousand in the second week. Right when fifty came it did again, Right, that happens. It's so impactful. It forces a change on the whole game. It turned like people get mad when I say this, but Tupac had to become more of a gangster rapper because of this album. Yep, that's why you gonna get the thug life because of dog Paan you go get some forty crips, right you. Ice Cube has to become more of a songwriter. He was already a g a decent songwriter, but he was a fucking masterful P and MC. But then he has to kind of structure style to make more records. His dog is destroying, destroying everybody everything on the radio, right boom, so like he shifts the game like he totally, which is what the classic is. It shifts the game right and you just boom. Then it's such an impactful album. One song spawns a whole nother album. In ninety four, Murder was the case. Yeah, that's so much the shit. It selles triple platinum, right, So that's ninety two, the chronic right, which is a Snoop album. Ninety three, which is Doggystown, which is obviously Snoop's debut. Ninety four, which is Murder was a case that's off a Snoop album ninety five, his group comes out. Yeah, he's on seven to eight of those records. Right, dog Food Dogs.
Speaker 2: Album, Right, I think I think it's a classic album. It's for sure a West Coast classic. I think it's a classic album.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't even I'm not gonna debate that, but we're.
Speaker 2: Gonna get to some debates about that. We are, guess we are.
Speaker 1: But so we got shipped ninety two, ninety three, ninety four, ninety five, Dre's leaving, So Dre leaves, So DJ Pooh steps in and finishes attempts to finish dog Father in ninety six. So what happened is we actually did get to enjoy Snoop. We got Snoop carried death ro for sure, but on his back, Yeah, you know what I mean. And then POC came And that's why I always get upset at that argument. Pop was jealous. Snoop was jealous of Pop. Man, this nigga been carrying the world's greatest, most impactful record label. Cash Money is probably hip hop's greatest label. But yeah, he was carrying the most impactful label at that time. You know what I mean of all time as far as im impact. Yeah, right, because this is the birth of gangster rap at the High Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then the tree. I always say, pep back. If you look at the Doctor Dre Tree, look at the Snoop Tree, look at the Sugar Night Tree.
Speaker 1: Everything that right, so right, So he carries him on his back and then finally Snoop right, so Pop comes home and then boom, Now you got another star. It's like the Warriors and Kevin Durant. You get a another star. You get this guy from the Thunder n you know what I mean, Like not like that, but it's like Katie from the Thunder coming to the Warriors, right right, right, Snoop Steph Curry had just read every day right, so boom and then right, So then he comes over and now you're like, oh, I ain't got to do all the work. And then Pot comes and y'all give him all the records, y'all help, y'all give him the best beat, y'all, and he puts up he puts up them nigga out there and finals MVP.
Speaker 2: Easy works.
Speaker 1: But Snoop Steph Curry, but yeah, right, and he's just like do your thing, yeah, and then he still has to put out another album in ninety six, So we get albums from Snoop in ninety two, ninety three, ninety four, ninety five, and Dogfather in ninety six. So when dre is leaving Pock Dies Sins Francis Madness, still a Snoop album is needed to you know, carry the manner because you got mcavelly at this point. So those three records all lies on me mcavelly and Dogfather. Doll Father produced by DJ Pool does most of the heavy. They don't really get a chance to finish it because we gotta get this album out, pop past, gotta get zual. We always got.
Speaker 2: Enough of Snoop.
Speaker 1: It's literally just it's like survivors, Like it's survivor's guilt, Like he lives a survivor's lifestyle where he survived the craziest ship and he's right here. So we don't really appreciate him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think we just I think when we think of like Snoop albums, we think of he doesn't get credit for the Chronic.
Speaker 1: But if you think about it, the song, the main song from the Chronic that we celebrate who's on the song Snoop. And that's how it's been the whole time.
Speaker 2: I don't disagree.
Speaker 1: Even a dog food what's the main song.
Speaker 2: Snoops on it? Yeah, great, great video, cost a lot of man just carrying all the weight. Man, So I would say I would just say, like I just think that like unfortunately, and and and this is kind of like a very convenient to look at things. It's like, damn, the what if of like if they would have kept somehow kept that nucleus together for like another two or three years, you know what I'm saying, Like.
Speaker 1: Something I'm gonna say, Man, it was born out of trauma, Like death Row was born out of trauma. It was born out of a situation with Eazy E, you know what I mean. That probably wasn't a real enough situation for it to for them to break up, but it was born out of like like all street urban culture, you know what I mean. So we got what we got. We just got to be grateful we got that four years of incredibleness and a lot more after that, because we did get the Dazz album. That was pretty cool, great album to da Man, also one of the greatest paper I'm mad we never got the corrupt produced Doctor dre album. True should mean the Doctor Dre produced corrupt.
Speaker 2: Then what's crazy about corrupt is like somehow like I think streets is the mothers. Like, I mean one of the most underrated.
Speaker 1: Fred, fucking Fred, fucking Fred.
Speaker 2: Oh that fucking album is so hard upsince that like the ship Fred does Crazy Fred is just nasty and he really don't get enough credit.
Speaker 1: Butsonically I had to call him probably about five months. I was like, oh you, like really, I don't know why are you doing that? But even his sonics separate completely different. So I think Snoop is just disrespected because he's from the West. And two he survived, and I think his level of celebrity got to a place where most people stopped looking at him as a rapper and almost started looking at him more as like a cultural figure in it and like just the entertainer, Which is why I say he's the greatest hip hop artist because when you understand hip hop and street urban culture, there's no greater representation of culture than Snoop Dogg. Yeah, like Snoop is like this nigga's a crip that was crip walking on.
Speaker 2: He's that well. I mean he's done things that no artists like no rapper.
Speaker 1: Thirty not a hip hop artist, maybe like a Drake, somebody who's not of the coaches.
Speaker 2: No, no, he's not.
Speaker 1: We're not gonna do that. He's not of the street urban culture. You can't listen to music.
Speaker 2: So is Eminem not a hip hop artist?
Speaker 1: He's from Detroit, He's from the ghetto. Drake is a from a middle class Canadian neighbors.
Speaker 2: So if someone comes from a middle class family, no, so you have so you're telling me, in your eyes, you have to be.
Speaker 1: From a street, urban community.
Speaker 2: Yes, in order to be considered hip hop.
Speaker 1: Hip hop is the first genre of music. Forget me, because I know everybody's listened to pop that God, you can't kick me. It's not the point. I'm saying. Hip hop is street, urban artistic expression.
Speaker 2: So didn't well, I mean, we could probably really nitpick this this discussion, and then.
Speaker 1: I'm going, yeah, I'm going Drake's saying Drake.
Speaker 2: Is kind of pop. That's a different statement. But somebody in my high five okay, top five, I've had that, and I'm glad you said. Kanye West did not grow up in the hood.
Speaker 1: And I've been thinking this whole time. His mother was a teacher, and I've been thinking this whole time. I was like, is he really because I think as much as he's in my top five and I appreciate him.
Speaker 2: I think he is the problem. Do you think Diddy is hip hop puff Daddy? No, Puff is an executive, So you don't think Puff Daddy is hip hop? No.
Speaker 1: I think Puff put out hip hop X.
Speaker 2: But he's hip hop. I don't know if he's responsible for so much history in Jimmy Ivien. Yeah, but Diddy's didd He's produce records really, yeah, in the same way Quincy Jones has produced records. Yes, really, he puts the right people together.
Speaker 1: Forgive me forgiving me Diddy Cuff Puff my bad. Look, I don't know, but Kanye has been my greatest dilemma. But if you think about it right, this is gonna sound crazy. So Kanye is in my top five because I love you know, I think the world of Kanye. Yeah, there were times I've expressed it. Charlotte Mane. I think Kanye is a prophet for living, So I think this much of him. But if you think about it, his first single, he got into a car crash, great record, like all American car crash with insurance.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but what's wrong with that?
Speaker 1: That's nothing. It's like Madonna could have made that song.
Speaker 2: It's not true.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's a middle class song about a man getting to a crash and then when it's surance.
Speaker 2: So you're saying they can't be middle class raps.
Speaker 1: Yes, Drake is a fantastic rapper. Fantastic NonStop is my shit, but that don't mean they are hip hop, street urban culture. Now, a lot of people disagree with me. Some people are like, A, well, long as you practice what them niggas do, then you're one of those niggas. But you know I feel about that. But my point is what Kanye right.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't kick out like half a hip hop fast that you'd say you aren't hip hop fast?
Speaker 1: Because I tell you why, because look what happened to rock and roll. It ain't a nigga insight. Look what happened to jazz Because soon as you start letting everybody in the door, guess who getting kicked out first.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's ever gonna happen.
Speaker 1: Guaranteed they've tried that, it's happened. It's it's only been fifty years. They've been putting out records for forty it's guaranteed to happen.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure there's Uh. You know what's funny is I've always thought to myself like, who's the white, you know, like who's the white that's like the white of whites and hip hop that like can actually make this thing work like and like sustainable. Long time, let's get rid of Eminem because Eminem is an alien. Yeah, he's like an anomaly.
Speaker 1: In thirty forty years ago, Emine would have been a punk rock.
Speaker 2: It's Eminem by the way, right, if you were to say it's eminent.
Speaker 1: But we had this conversation hip hop and punk rock are brothers, step brother, right right, same father, oppression and poverty, different mothers, the area, the earth.
Speaker 2: So you so because because this is there's a lot of artists who have families that went to college, that had middle class jobs, lob people from together and that went to college. No had middle class, middle class areas Little YACHTI yeah, but would you really you look at Little Yady and be like, oh, that's a hip hop guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah? No, you just only feel like that because he raps.
Speaker 2: I think I think he's hip hop for sure.
Speaker 1: But I'm saying because he raps, and I also.
Speaker 2: Think he's also contributed a lot to culture. He's he wrote City Girls Act Up. He kind of kicked off low Key this.
Speaker 1: Whole, so did Jimmy Iving. So it's a lot of other people, but not in.
Speaker 2: The same way Jimmy What song did Jimmy Ivan write?
Speaker 1: But don't that's not again, you're you're there's people outside of the culture who have wrote cultured song.
Speaker 2: Okay, let me ask you a question. You're so because because I feel that there has been.
Speaker 1: And I'm not saying I know of Lil Yachtie's hipp I don't know little there has been an uptick in completely and what it's a complete takeover of middle class people ever since the blog ever happened. Yess soon as college kids started dictating what was cool within street urban culture, you've seen the change because it became the guys that they could deal with.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but to me, that's still hip hop. That's not that's his music.
Speaker 1: Hip Hop is the culture. Like if you don't talk to the culture, if you don't talk like us.
Speaker 2: And there's the five elements of hip hop.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, those are expressions how you express the culture.
Speaker 2: So I just think that like if you look at a guy, I'm trying to think of a guy, you said the bloggers. I'm just trying to think.
Speaker 1: Kanye is the greatest conversation and as one of my favorite guys and as one of your favorite guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Kanye is probably the most influential artists of the last I don't.
Speaker 1: Know thirty years, who did the influence people. Travis Scott is hip hop middle class people. I don't even think Travis Scott considers himself hip hop. That's not true, I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't think. Did you listen to the drums on the new album again?
Speaker 1: Drums are not exclusive to hip hop. I just you know, they've been having hard drums and house and a lot of other stuff that hip hop birth. Okay, so outside of But I'm not saying again, I haven't studied all of those guys to say their shit specifically. I've been saying this about Kanye, and I think that's why.
Speaker 2: I mean, Kanye did influence a sound that kind of I mean him and just blaze his fingerprints all over the blueprint.
Speaker 1: It's really Blink though. It's who bink Well Bank started it. Everybody start following Bank.
Speaker 2: Okay, So if you listen to the Blueprint, right, and then after the Blueprint everyone started sampling. But it's all based off Bink.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is it's important to notice truth, and they'll all I think that's.
Speaker 2: An opinion, though, No, this is a fact. I don't think you can say that, Like just Blaze and Kanye weren't chopping up samples before Bank.
Speaker 1: They wasn't doing it the way they were doing it on a Blueprint before Bank. That style, that's that sound that was birthed out of that is Bink.
Speaker 2: Well, the credit goes to Bank. I'm saying the general public would credit the Blueprint as the album that kicked off a sonic wave of like people sampling. Sure, like I pitch samples again again.
Speaker 1: I'm with you, I'm all in. I'm just saying there's a fact and then there's an ignorance.
Speaker 2: Okay, So are you telling me Kanye is not hip hop?
Speaker 1: I'm telling you that's that's been my dilemma, right because because he is hip hop. Well, this is the problem, right, Kanye West, But that doesn't mean anything. That don't mean First off, nobody in fucking hip hop put Marilyn Monroe up on a fucking wall as a kid.
Speaker 2: I don't understand the correlations Monroe.
Speaker 1: Because he talked about putting up a poster because of Marilyn Monroe on his wall.
Speaker 2: What's wrong with that?
Speaker 1: Why the fuck would a nigga from where we're from put up Marilyn Moroe on they walk because they think she's hot. No, none of us think she's hot. That you're speaking for a lot of people from the ghetto.
Speaker 2: I speak for all of us. I'm sure a lot of people in the ghetto would clap her name.
Speaker 1: None of us. Yes, we would anybody's, but we wouldn't think she's hot. It's too many hot fucking sisters from that time, he compares Kim Kardashian to her, like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Kim kay is is littly. You don't You don't know she's not. You think Kim Ky's level?
Speaker 1: No, she was okay, she was a regular.
Speaker 2: You think she was okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah, she was a regular. They used to have them at Glendale by the Barrel.
Speaker 2: There was Kim by the barrel.
Speaker 1: That's that's the normal fine girl in Glendale. That's the normal fine girl in Glendale.
Speaker 2: When you go to the scenes, I mean Glendale a lot. Yeah, I live in they just don't have a plastic Well, I just don't see I've seen. I don't see by the barrel.
Speaker 1: I seen him by the.
Speaker 2: Shouts of the beautiful Armenian women.
Speaker 1: Who are They're great, They're fun, and yes they are they Kim Kardashian, Fine, all original Kim Kardashian.
Speaker 2: I'm not this verse. I don't know what's going on. I'm not saying that there aren't some Kim Kardashian, find a lot of them. I'm just saying that I think that you're you're overstating your part.
Speaker 1: No, No, I'm telling you the true. Listen, if you think about it right, listen to every other thing you loved about hip hop growing up right, the struggle, the ideas, even how they party.
Speaker 2: And I liked, Hey, you know what I liked? First of all, I loved all your Style, sure, and the other album that really I like the kind of like the horror, demonic mystique of bone Thugs and harmony. Theluigi was the melody. And you know what else?
Speaker 1: I like what they had the best harmony since Beast Boys, probably fantastic harmony.
Speaker 2: I mean, I can tell you like from Creeping on a Come Up to East nineteen ninety nine art of war Man God Bone again somehow criminally underrated super Uh. I also really enjoyed Brother Lynch Hung and It's just Dope. I got that nigga for about fo ESEs. I had to get dirty on Brother Lynch. I always give props to his album Season of the Sickness. It was a very dark album where he talked about eating.
Speaker 1: I like Lynch, Yeah, Lynce is and that. But the point I'm saying back to Yate his Brother Lynch hip hop, I would imagine, so he's from like a really fucked up get on sack.
Speaker 2: But him talking about eating children. But I think he also could not be the something that a normal dude from the hood would talk about.
Speaker 1: It's not coo. I mean, he's like, he's like nigir Alan poet.
Speaker 2: Also also Bone Thugs in Harmony talking about playing around with a Wuiji board and talking to That's not that far fetched. But that's not you. You used the Maryland min Roe post on Wall.
Speaker 1: I'm saying, let's start with Kanye growing up in middle class area and he did Chicago, Okay, so that's different than Bone.
Speaker 2: And boning Cleveland, brother Lynch and sat them.
Speaker 1: People are from places with houses with thirteen dollars for sure, right, So that's different.
Speaker 2: Houses might have been thirteen dollars in Chicago, the houses is.
Speaker 1: Thirteen dollars in Cleveland, right, And you can get hours in Cleveland right now for about seven thousand. Let me know what flex I got you? Your bone grew up at Yeah, shout out to the cavaliers. So so what my point I'm saying to you is, I'm not I haven't came to a great conclusion. It's Kanye West, so it's hard to challenge that type of legacy. But if you think about it, But if you think about it, right, his first song is about a car crash where he had insurance. But what got everybody is the fucking black music he sampled in Sha Ka Khan that carries the story. Kanye is the best at using black mut and finding a place where he meets black people at Remember, hip hop is almost like Kanye makes He's a black artist, yes, but but when you say black, right, it's as simple as he's a black man making music.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: But he's not the first artist to sample black artists, no, no, But he's he's fantastic at it. Yeah, when I tell you what he does with that sha Ka Khan. And but if you listen to a lot of his songs, even the depth of his struggle is very Eddie Winslow.
Speaker 2: But you know what it was. What was dope about Kanye is that his struggle was relatable to.
Speaker 1: White people, to a lot of people, to mainstream America.
Speaker 2: Because if you could talk about how you hated working at the mall, at the Gap.
Speaker 1: That's like main No okay, but but but imagine if Snoop's first album is about him talking about having a problem working.
Speaker 2: But that's what made Kanye different was he was a fucking pop artist.
Speaker 1: You could relate to him, oh versus you couldn't relate to none of these.
Speaker 2: Not a pop artist. He was making some backpack dope ship, but he was talking about backpack to work at them. Because this is the minority of the of everybody aren't in gangs and aren't involved in street life and not. But whether or not they grew up around it, would you would you at least say that most people, period, no matter what the race of them or the or where they're from, are not tied up in street life are civilians? Is that fair?
Speaker 1: Most they're not from the ghetto.
Speaker 2: Okay, people from the ghetto have normal jobs at the mall.
Speaker 1: No, they don't have them at the mall, but they do have normal jobs.
Speaker 2: Are you trying to tell me people from the ghetto don't work at the mall?
Speaker 1: Yes, but that's not that's a wild thing to say that.
Speaker 2: It's a very wild blanket state. You're pushing it further, right, Is what I'm saying is of us? Were Kanye made and made music for the normal person? That's what pop music? No is no pop music. Listen, this is what you gotta understand. Is that not what pop music is?
Speaker 1: Because for their every day they first know.
Speaker 2: But you're trying to You're you're essentially trying to say, well, Kanye was making music for uh, privileged people who had normal jobs. I did not.
Speaker 1: First off, yes, it's not you're not privileged. You have a normal job that makes you mainstream American.
Speaker 2: But even people let's say, from where you're from, right, but even now you're talking about I'm asking you that. So people from where you're from, right, You're let's say your a neighborhood, what percentage of them are actively throughout their life practicing involvement in let's say, street culture, illegal activity, gangs. We all talk the same way, so that I'm not talking about talk I'm talking about I'm talking about how you get your money, the lifestyle you live. You can't pick the part of a culture you enjoy, right because day I saw this culture.
Speaker 1: Right, But it don't mean that. It don't mean somebody. There's probably people from your areas. But we had to get up and go to work and do their normal job at homies that got jobs that were Kanye's shit, and was like, Yo, this dude's talking about working a fucking overtime shift at a rech tail store.
Speaker 2: This is fucking pop music. No, it's not. That's normal middle class shit. That's what pop America is. So you're trying to say Kanye wasn't making hip hop.
Speaker 1: That's not what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I have.
Speaker 1: I told you, I've been having this dilemma in my mind to say so.
Speaker 2: So you make a lot of blanket statements. No, I'm giving you really consistent statements. Considering all of your statements. According to your logic, Kanye is not hip hop.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking about it.
Speaker 2: I've been.
Speaker 1: I've been on this play because I've been saying for years he's hip hop. But then I think about it, I'm like, that's why Black America's disconnected from him right now.
Speaker 2: I think they also might be disconnected because he said some wild shit.
Speaker 1: No he did. He said the same shit first day, and he has been wrapped up in a very unrelatable culture, whether it's the Kardashians, whether it's you know, why huh, because he ain't that type of guy.
Speaker 2: But he wasn't that type of No, he wasn't. He was just doing it over Shaka Khan and the other thing. Well, that's what I'm starting to believe. It's like he always been this crazy nigga. Kanye is like sold you think Playboy Cardi's hip hop?
Speaker 1: No, but he got some dope shit the first But all that weird devil shit, I just slap a little cuz, Like all that whole as ship they doing with the Devil, that'll be your cuzby.
Speaker 2: I don't like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hate that you love little stough No no, no, nas is cool because he just fake gay. I told you you're gonna see one day it's gonna come out, Cuz fake gay, mean he's playing for the money. No, No, I don't believe cousins gay. I believe they paying Couzin. He know his playing, he running his plate. Why would you not. It's niggas who do it. A gangster rap is niggas who do it like they fake d boys. Why would you not be fake gay for money, especially if you're young.
Speaker 2: There were people been fake money then it has been people fake gay for money, fake gay. Yeah, you act gay for people like a fake gangster rapper, like a nigga who act like he a gang but he's not. I think there's probably more fake straight people than fake gay people.
Speaker 1: I would agree, Yeah, I would agree for sure degree, But that don't mean Little non X is not straight.
Speaker 2: I think Little is Uh is gay. I don't believe that. And I think it's it's gay facing you think he's gay. I know we talked about this last time, but I just don't know if that's a that's I don't know if that's the that's that's what, that's what my way. If he really wanted to like lean into something, he would have just been the country artist.
Speaker 1: Couldn't you know that's not gonna work? No, white folks ain't fucking with that, and they grow.
Speaker 2: They did win old town roads, they didn't.
Speaker 1: I don't know, money man, where's he from's money man?
Speaker 2: Money man?
Speaker 1: I don't, I haven't, I haven't so listened. So first off, I can't talk about Travis Scott. But I think Travis Scott hastied his sound. But I think he defines his sound as uh, what is like rave or what's the age rage?
Speaker 2: No, he's making hip hoppen, but.
Speaker 1: He's the find his music. Uzzi defines his music as rock and roll.
Speaker 2: I think Uzzie defines himself as a rock star that makes rock music. No, he doesn't make rock music yet.
Speaker 1: But again this is my point. See see how you see how you lay and claim to that. See how you won't let niggas beat nothing else but rappers because they Dog's.
Speaker 2: A rock star.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but no he's not.
Speaker 2: What do you mean he's not. He's Snoop Dogg. He's in the rock and roll Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: He's in every hall of fame.
Speaker 2: Yes, because he's in a human he's a hip pop star. He's a rock star. He's a pop star.
Speaker 1: He is the guy.
Speaker 2: But let me make my point before we get close. Listen, Yo, what up, guys, We gotta stop the interview to tell you about our folks. At my bookie, it's winning season right now. NFL, We're in the thick of it. I've been doing really good on my NFL bets, by the way, Plus NBA officially back. We got playoff baseball. It's going crazy. Especially if you like to throw down some of that money and do a little gambling. You gotta head over to my bookie. Uh, this was double about my book It doesn't matter if your team sucks my team, the Cardinals, they're trash. Don't matter. I'm still winning on Sundays, baby, all right? At my bookie. All right, you can use my bookie for your daily odd boosts, same game parlays, and take advantage of the crazy huge prize pool contest. Plus right now, my bookie has a no strings attached That's the important thing. No strings attached cash bonus that let you deposit and withdraw quick. That's free cash, no strings attached, deposit, take it out and then go about your day or get in on some of this NFL and NBA action. Baby, all right, just use the promo code Bootleg when you sign up. Go to MyBookie dot Ag. Use the promo code Bootleg on your first deposit and you'll receive up to two hundred dollars in cash. What are we talking about? No strings attached? What my bookie? Use the promo code bootleg. All right? Maybe you want to gamble on some NFL. Maybe you want to get in on some of this early NBA action, Maybe you want to get in on some of this playoff baseball. It's really on. You use the promo code Bootleg and receive up to two hundred dollars in cash. That's right, Try my bookie right now, use that promo code Bootleg and you can grab How about this, man, there's some crazy odds going on, and I like this one because what you can do is you can throw down on a potential Super Bowl front runner and plus thirty eight thousand on the Eagles and Chiefs on the Super Bowl plus thirty eight thousand. If you put one hundred dollars, you win thirty eight thousand dollars. You're not gonna get those odds anywhere. My bookie dot Ag used the promo code Bootleg right now. Bet anything, anytime, anywhere, only with my bookie Plus we gotta give a big shout out to our family at King Palm. Man, we love King Pom over here on the Bootleg podcast. This's great about King Pom. First of all, it's all about that organic, no tobacco leaf. This thing right here is a boy look at that. Sure that's just a leaf right there. King Palm. They got everything you need. Man. They got these cones with the squeeze and pop turpenes in them. The flavors this right here, there's uh, the dragon fruit, we got the grape hd, the watermelon waves, so many flavors. Which job about King Palm. If you're in whatever city you're in, you could find King Palm at your local smoke shop, your local seven eleven. All right, I'm telling you King Palm. You're not gonna ever ever experience a more cleaner, more natural, more just great way to smoke. Which you're smoking all right, your stuff. One of these boys up with some flour, uh, and you just you're off to the races. I'm telling you. You hit the tip, you get hit with that flavor, and it's man, it's nothing like it. The squeezing pop on King Palm is insane, all right. And they got all sized cones. All right, so go to king Pom man organic tobacco free leafs of all sizes like this is a this is a this is Look, look, we're talking about all sizes here. What are we talking about? What are we talking about here? Boys? All right? Go to kingpom dot com right now, you go order whatever you want. Man, they got accessories, they got trays, they got grinders, they got ash trays, they got damn all kinds of flavors of their lead. Everything. Fifty percent off when you use the promo code Bootleg. That's fifty percent off. Order whatever you want at Kingpom dot com. Let's get back to the interview.
Speaker 1: I haven't studied none of those other guys, so I can't comment per se on YACHTI because I don't know YACHTI story. I don't know Trash story. I don't know them. But I don't think they define themselves, and I think they will. Maybe Yadi would be.
Speaker 2: The closest person that could consider himself hip hop or would well. His dad was a big photographer. He did photos for Dead Press tight, but he didn't grow up like like from what I understand, he grew up like with you know, like a middle class kid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I'm not saying I don't. I don't know if I had to really study if I say that Trav, I think he defines his music as something else, and I think Uzi defines his music and his existence at something else. But I think because they use rap, immediately everybody classify somebody black and rapping as hip hop, and it's fucking fucked up. If Uzi, as black people created rock and roll, right, he can go in and define it as he wants. That's his claim to write. You can't look at Nirvana or No. U two and then say he gotta make music like that. We did it the first time, so we could redefine it the second time. It's fair of him to do that. But what I'm saying is back to the point we're saying in my neighborhood, being in street urban life is not necessarily, you know, being a criminal. Like there's a lot of people like LLL wasn't a criminal. There's people who grew up in the same culture.
Speaker 2: But what I'm saying, though, is that there are people who aren't criminals who maybe they're they're gravitating. They gravitated towards college dropout because oh this is something different, this is this is I liked it.
Speaker 1: As a criminal, But that's not the point. I like Michael J. I like, I like a pop artist.
Speaker 2: But I'm still like if I like to me as somebody who was worried the best Buy when I was sixteen, I was like, oh shit, I get it. This motherfucker's rapping about that a shitty retail. Don't you do get it?
Speaker 1: That's my point I'm saying. So what I'm saying is, but I grew.
Speaker 2: Up, I grew up middle class.
Speaker 1: That's not what I know. You this because Phoenix got some fucking crazy sick as poor places.
Speaker 2: Yeah they do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sick that nobody talks about. Sick some crazy shit. Shout out to Phoenix because they go through some shit. Nobody talks about it. But the point I'm saying to you is, when we're saying this, it's like everybody that grew up with us talk the same way. Everybody who grows up with us eats the same way. Every everybody grows up.
Speaker 2: But that's not universal.
Speaker 1: That's where you're at, right, But that's all street urban culture.
Speaker 2: That's the way that people different people in Gary Indiana are different every ghetto. People in Cleveland are different every ghetto. There is no middle class culture, that's only tradition. In middle class and in wealth, there is no culture. So therefore, how could you have hip hop somewhere where there's no culture? So if Drake, let's say Drake for example, shout out to DRIs. Do you think the Beastie Boys are hip hop? No?
Speaker 1: They punk rock that made a hip hop album.
Speaker 2: Okay? Do you think license to illes hip hop?
Speaker 1: Yes, they made a hip hop album.
Speaker 2: Okay, so that's hip hop. I agree, because but they actually pump. They started as punk rockers, punk rock and hip hop? Right?
Speaker 1: Are step brothers?
Speaker 2: Okay? Run DMC? What their hip hop? Listen? Correct? There? Of course? Do you do you do you think that Run DMC like obviously Run DMC is kind of looked at as like the first like I would would you say, like pop hip hop group in terms of like their popularity, in terms of popularity we use the work?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I guess to some degree.
Speaker 2: Would you discount them working with Aerosmith?
Speaker 1: No, I don't think. I think you could work with whoever you want to. But I think hip hop is more as much as street. Urban culture is defined through crime and Disney populated crime or in neighborhoods. It don't mean everyone's a criminal.
Speaker 2: I didn't say it. I didn't say not everyone's a criminal. So, but I feel like you were pretty much saying, now where we're from, this is what we we didn't We don't fuck with regular mall jobs.
Speaker 1: No, that we're denied mall jobs.
Speaker 2: That's not true. Yes, yes, I've been in the worst areas. Yes, I got some of the more type of friends.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying that. I'm saying the poverty and the oppression. Here's here's here's a here's a richer conversation. But let me get that point of I'm saying where all the culture is created through the crime, the crime happening to everybody, whether you're involved or not. You know what the crime that is to education programs, to where the education programs are trash. And you don't speak great English, So y'all make up slang, and y'all all talk the same way. It don't matter if Cus got a job at the mall in the hood or if he's selling dope. We all talk the same. We all got the same lingo. We all do the same thing. This is the this is what I liken it too. And it's gonna be crazy because you know, you're a white man in this conversation.
Speaker 2: Is funny. You're a nigga, but you're a white man.
Speaker 1: The point I'm saying to you is, there's always been three black coaches in America, right, or three the ideas of three identities. There's a slave, you know, American slave culture, right, that's where you get sold food, That's where you get all that. There's a freedman. Since the first day black people have been on this planet, especially in this country, there's been free black people, and then there's been slave masters. The smaller culture of black people and it's not a culture, it's the tradition of life. That's really small minute of black slavers, right, that's their small freemen slaves. Kanye is a freeman. His whole conversation is freeman. He has no idea what niggas from where we from are talking about. That's why you'll say something like slavery is a choice. Kanye reminds me of a kid that got to visit his cousins on the plantation. It was like, we need to leave here, once this weekend when I go on y'all go with me. That's how he talks because his mind, and that's what middle class does to you. It creates a place to where the world is limitless.
Speaker 2: The world is not like your world is not real to them, it's the upside down, right, Okay, that's fair. That's what hip hop is.
Speaker 1: But again, because people want a piece of it, and it's like it's something seems so cool. They want a piece of the lingo. They want a piece of to get in, but they don't want a piece of the consequence. That's why I'm really careful with who I say and who I believe represents me as a ghetto person from hip hop. Now, if I started allowing somebody like Drake, forgive me Drake again, shout out to the homies. It's no disrespect. But if you don't speak not one thing on what's going on with black people in this country, not one stands, not one.
Speaker 2: That's been my biggest critique.
Speaker 1: I don't even care because he's.
Speaker 2: Canadian, right, but I just feel like he doesn't ever have an opinion on anything.
Speaker 1: But except now he's wearing rainbow clips, So you're endorsing movements, but you're not endorsing the people that put you in position to be where you at now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do think it's like interesting that.
Speaker 1: Like why you don't have Shae for nobody? Why Yo Shade is for Joe Budden? He not, first off, a rich Jewish man bragging about being rich to some nigga that come from the ghetto like Joe Budden's, that shit is like cringey, Whereas like.
Speaker 2: Well, I just think I mean, I said this on Twitter the other day, I said, I don't think Joe Budden said anything that was unfair, disrespectful, And.
Speaker 1: I'm not mad and I'm not mad at Drake being offended at his critique of I'm a.
Speaker 2: Little I'm a little mad at that because I feel like Drake Bro, you have to understand like people are going to have an opinion about your music, and in as long as they're not crossing the line or they're not saying anything, he should be able to have.
Speaker 1: An opinion about them. But my thing is, why does it go right to what you have or money? Like you're like Drake is actually a talent, talented, accomplished MC record making fucking monster.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why go to money? I have a private jet and you have to take first class flights.
Speaker 1: Because you're a rich Jewish man. It's like being a broke black person. Like that's how common to the main ears that sounds. It's like you're gonna talk about it, nigga being broke.
Speaker 2: It wasn't Yeah, it wasn't necessary for sure.
Speaker 1: So I'm not mad at him. But he could have talked about so many things, you know what I mean? And that's what hip hop is. It's bearing the burden of street urban culture. You have to represent see when you don't have when you don't have to represent nobody. Jay could have never went out like that because he represented Marris in Brooklyn. He had to. That's the only way he could garner support. Snoop could never. You know another reason why Snoop is such a fantastic hit boy BARTI is he will never break cripping. He defines cripping how he wants. That's what cripping is all about. You know what I'm saying. You don't break them that one rule about no snitch. You could do with cripping as you please, just don't make nobody look dumb. And Snoop has done a great job of not making people look stupid, and he never broke away. When you don't have to bear the burden of culture, when you don't gotta represent, hip hop is all about representing the people we talking about due they fucking represent do people from their community? Feels like this is our spokesman. Like when I talk rest assure any real nigga for watch most niggas watch him like that. Nigga is all right. Niggas from La gonna be like glasses is all right because I have to. I can't do no sucking shit. How a'macha show my face in the sixties, how much show my face in the trades, how mama show my faces in the great streets? How much show my face in these coastes? If I go looking dumb, I have the burden of representing ghettos. That's what hip hop is. LLLL had the responsibility. LLLL and NAS had to represent Queens. Fifty had to represent South Side Queens. Jay had to represent Brooklyn. If you don't got to represent shit and you can still be successful, nigga, you are not one of us. If you can embarrass us every week.
Speaker 2: You don't think that Drake represents Toronto no, not the streets.
Speaker 1: I mean he represents Toronto as the Raptors represent Toronto, and he's their god.
Speaker 2: I think Drake. My problem is Drake represent black people and we be looking like, kus, what are you doing? You know what? I mean, like what the fuck?
Speaker 1: Because why would you do that? But the problem is when we try to hold him with our ghetto response. He's not a ghetto kid. He don't come from the ghetto. He don't. If you gotta think, morale and streetlight create standards, create morals. I mean the religion, excuse me, and street life create morals. Without it, America is just like a dog eat dog plays right, they fucked up?
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think we can at times be unfair towards Drake because he is such a just massive, shining star in hip hop. I think that at times Drake does things where I'm like, okay, you're like being a little too emotional towards Joe Budden, Like to discount him as like a failed rapper is unfair.
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't. I don't really care about that. I do think, though, I do not care about some fucking hair clips.
Speaker 2: See don't, I don't care.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you go in the door.
Speaker 2: You like the hair clips? Because why you Snoop Dog had had had a lot of shit going on with his hair and shut the sugar freez.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they ain't putting rainbow hair clips. That's a purpose. He's doing a lot of things on purpose to do certain things. And I'm asking you why you ain't stand up for no niggas. If you're gonna stand up for somebody who you're gonna represent you.
Speaker 2: Who's he representing? You think he's representing that you know you know he is, and that's his thought?
Speaker 1: Then why would you put rainbow hair clips in your head?
Speaker 2: Why does rainbow gotta be exclusive something that?
Speaker 1: It ain't a god?
Speaker 2: It's just what if he bought a pack of hairclips and they came in multiple colors? Why does everything have to have a specific meaning or agenda attached to it? Drake's hair clips don't mean anything except for their hair clips. You really believe that? Do you think Drake purposely said, nah, give me the rainbow pack? Yes? No, he's that crazy.
Speaker 1: You don't believe Drake is like one of the greatest minds like Kanye And let me tell you something.
Speaker 2: Not see the problem is this, let me just say this. The problem is certain, like in twenty twenty three, for whatever reason, we always have to put a meaning or stick some sort of agenda to something that it don't got nothing to do.
Speaker 1: With because we all know it means something.
Speaker 2: It doesn't. It does. It's just hair clips.
Speaker 1: No, it doesn't, it's not.
Speaker 2: Are you serious?
Speaker 1: If I were you, do you think Drake's hair clips are him endorsing a certain lifestyle?
Speaker 2: Yes? Really? Yes?
Speaker 1: When it is the mainstream thing to do, what does that mean that's the thing to do out of mainstream level across the world. That's what every pop artist would be doing across the world that people not. This is not by accident, you think this shit about this nigga is brilliant like Drake is.
Speaker 2: So what is Drake's agenda with his colorful hair?
Speaker 1: Now we're finna go into some details, but obviously what is your perceive He's obviously endorsing, right, which I don't care about that.
Speaker 2: But my thing is the.
Speaker 1: Niggas who made you famous, these niggas in America, these ghettos, because we pushed cuz like he couldn't just be a pop star and be that. We pushed cut the ghettos. Push Cuse, we said the females, the black women from the ghettos, push cus.
Speaker 2: You ain't said nothing about nothing happening to these sisters. You ain't posting nothing that's happening to these sisters. You're not saying nothing about no nigga. And I gotta let that go because you was Canadian. I'm like, you know what, he don't have to get a fuck what happened to American niggas. I don't disagree with you on that point, because I do think at certain points in time, it'd be nice if we knew what Drake thought about I don't know George Floyd or Breonna Tagos.
Speaker 1: I'm not even asking that because most power wars or you know, he.
Speaker 2: Lives here a lot, like there's a lot of turmoil going on with our political system.
Speaker 1: Just any sort of opinion, I'm okay with that. But like you said, he's Canadian. Yes, what do you think about Justin Trudeau?
Speaker 2: Drake? Facts? Facts? What do you think about the Canadian truck drivers who I'm not mad because that's a hip hop responsibilitykay, okay, And that's what I think. That's separate than you think. Gend with his haircliffs.
Speaker 1: You're missing the point of somebody that's so brilliant to know not to speak on something. He's so smart, this nigga. Him and forty are some of the best scientists I've ever seen in the music business, like when it comes to creating records, marketing and understand how to markets, like Michael Jordan.
Speaker 2: Right, Like Michael Jordan purposely has said Republicans and Democrats by both my sneakers. Why would I take a stance on any of this publicly, because then I kind of and Drake's kind of the same kind of guy. But but Drake appeals to everybody, and I don't think he wants to fuck that up, and I'm not mad at that.
Speaker 1: But my thing is right, that's why. You know who else does that? Pop stars?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then there's also artists. There's no hip hop artists that do that.
Speaker 1: We won't even let him go. We won't even nick if you try that. If you try that and you represent us, it's a problem. Wait a minute, you're not gonna speak of Thug said something like, oh, we ain't talking about that shit. We talking about young niggas.
Speaker 2: They was asking Thug about the boy that got killed Mike uh in Ohio.
Speaker 1: What's brother Mike Michael.
Speaker 2: Mike Brown, Michael Mike Brown, Michael Brown. And it was like, yeah, you know, he was on the red carpet. It's like, you know how you feel about Mike Brown. He's like, oh man, we ain't tripping off that old politics shit. We out here getting niggas fell apart. Oh my god, you motherfucking this niggas is a nigga who do drugs. He I don't even think we should even really want his opinion because he go through so much mental shit and be high. Yeah, you're not gonna look to thug for political views, but.
Speaker 1: He still has to because guess why. He is from the ghetto in Atlanta. And we like you better talk, you better speak for us. And that's the responsibility of hip hop.
Speaker 2: I don't give a fuck.
Speaker 1: If it's tried, daylight or soul, anybody. You are responsible for speaking for us in hip hop. Okay, So and if you don't, we look at you funny. But the only people we don't worry about is people that ain't hip hop.
Speaker 2: So what's the issue with with the hair clips?
Speaker 1: Not that I have no issues with it, I'm saying, I'm asking you, this is the first you aren't going to so you are your stand says he's purposely from the nails, the hair, He's gonna keep going.
Speaker 2: Okay. So do you think Andre three thousand was doing that in ninety six, ninety seven when when when he was wearing certain.
Speaker 1: No, I just think he got Erica Badu pussy and that pussy is some shit. Okay, Drake ain't gotta no Erica Badu.
Speaker 2: What about Thug when Thug warred dress on his album cover.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think Thug is from Atlanta, where the street urban culture is tied into homosexuality. For some reason, nobody in Atlanta talks about it's like right there, Like I've never seen a bigger demographic of gay black folks in the ghetto like Atlanta.
Speaker 2: Never seen that. Do you think it's possible Drake just got a bag of air clips? No zero chance.
Speaker 1: He's too smart. He's too smart to just do something and don't have no impossible, it's impossible zero if.
Speaker 2: We're zero zero percent zero present, not even a half a percent chance he just puts some hair clips in his hair and they have different colors. No zero chance? What zero chance?
Speaker 1: He's Drake. Drake is brilliant dog. There's a confusion. Drake is fucking brilliant dog. Him and forty together dog. The niggas could put shit together forty to produce, like he could come with ship bro. They could push it together like some of the ship they be doing. Be like fuck like you know what I mean, because you got to catch up to this ship and it's like fuck, like, this is how smart they are. He's a marketing fucking machine, you know what I mean. He knows well.
Speaker 2: I think that you're real reaching.
Speaker 1: I understand why you feel that way, because would actually mean you would have to be accountable for decisions you make. No, we love a world where we could just make people hip hop. We have to be account I.
Speaker 2: Just think not everything famous people does has an agenda attached to it.
Speaker 1: I know, because you which it don't make sense because you would think that some of these people are some of the greatest marketing minds ever, and you would think that they would accidentally do something even though they've been controlling the narrative for twenty years.
Speaker 2: Okay, switching subjects, Shout out to Drake. Yeah, you had a song that was called Tupac deserved to die, no muster or Tupac must die. Sorry music video was dope? What was it about?
Speaker 1: Four years old?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 2: Fire years old?
Speaker 1: It was four years now?
Speaker 2: What are your thoughts on Keithy D's arrest. He's obviously been doing a bunch of interviews over the last five six years, just kind of I mean, holding nothing back in these interviews, which is kind of crazy. It ended up biting him in the ass in a real way, just as a someone who you know made that song, someone who is a fan of you know, hip hop and what happened, and not a fan of what happened. Obviously you didn't have so obviously, but just what I'm saying, just kind of what your thoughts on on on the Tupac arrest.
Speaker 1: I need to really see the discovery. I need to see the evidence. I was crazy because they did.
Speaker 2: They had to have arrested him because they had to because they did go and raid the house.
Speaker 1: And I think that's more about what happened after that. Like I need to see the discovery. I need to see what how it led to this arrest, because I don't think it's the interviews. I think the interviews could create a situation to get a warrant, right, but I don't think it can lead to an arrest.
Speaker 2: I agree with you on that something they had to if something happened, something happened where they had.
Speaker 1: To and I need to see that before I really because the interview.
Speaker 2: I mean, like you said, the interview could have resulted in the raid, like the warrant to kick the tow down, got to get your raid. Yes, Now outside of that, you know they had to they had to spend the block and then go arrest.
Speaker 1: Something happened. So as far as that, I don't quite know. I don't want to see nobody in jail, you know what I mean, Not like.
Speaker 2: That's what Knight said. Shug said. I think he said he grew up playing Pop Warner with ke d Or. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I just don't want to see nobody in jail because.
Speaker 2: I understand he would not wish jail on anybody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know the consequences if I do something, So again, justice looks a lot different for me than it does to other people. So whatever gotta happen, got to happen, you know what I mean. But I would love to see the discovery of what what really led to the arrest, you know, because I didn't think it was gonna be able to happen, but the raid created one moment. And then the way they do the grand jury out there is like it can be going for a year, like you could keep bringing shit back like is this enough?
Speaker 2: Well, right, if it is proven that he was in the car, isn't that enough to put him in jail for two.
Speaker 1: But I don't think you can use the interviews as a way that.
Speaker 2: I think. I think they have something else. Whatever, that's something else because.
Speaker 1: In that car that night, so California becomes felony murder. I don't know what it looks like in Nevada, but I'm sure they got something similar.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I mean they say he's a mastermind, which again I need to see how is he the mastermind?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Because I think, listen, the reality is Keithy with some shit Like Keithy was a rich nigga, the reason the South Side Chris was the richest hood and counter when I was a kid, him cat name think they was like super rich when I was younger.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so he just wasn't just some random dude from Vegas for people. Yeah, he was actually he was a real factor.
Speaker 1: And if you and them, dudes, I mean, this is any gang in La man, if you jump on somebody, they can pretty much bring your hat to you. If they if they decided for that to be their purpose, it don't matter who it is, as long as you around here.
Speaker 2: Thing is, it's it's just nice to see that they didn't necessarily give up.
Speaker 1: What's crazy is when I think about it, right, it's for twenty seven years and then he moved to Novata after, you know what I mean, like and I think he been there, you know what I mean. But it's it's a it's a it's a weird thing going on about the whole to white and soul.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, I see, I see some speculation about people's involvement.
Speaker 1: Ain't buying a puff. I conld make a joke anyway, but there's no My issue with that is because there's no way he could owe them a million dollars and then puff be alive for a year and they doubling back out here and they ain't got that money. That just and I don't believe that, But I think that made the story interesting enough to tell the story, and it puts somebody else as the head in the story, you know what I mean. I don't quite know why that would be the story. I mean, and then I could just be wrong cuz, like well, because there was that, I just don't believe it.
Speaker 2: But you know what's fun, there was that La Times article that was written that insinuated Puff was involved, as crazy as there's no way I could think of Puff like that. But if you think about Puff, Puff has.
Speaker 1: Became Shug lately. He is the sugar of how niggas firing niggas shut up, and he'd have jumped on Jake Call.
Speaker 2: I don't know if this is I don't know if this is true or not, but I heard do you remember that guy Chopper who was on making the bands? I heard when he was having issues with with Diddy. And I don't know if this is true, but I've heard this from a a couple of people. Puffy bought the house across the street from Trappa's mom just to fuck with him, like I own the house across the street from your mom, like I always have eyes on your mom's.
Speaker 1: That's crazy because Puff was like, I don't know, man, Puff. I can't believe it though, because Puff Puff seems like an alright guy, but I don't know cuz you know what I mean, like.
Speaker 2: Not for sure. I mean, listen, I met him a couple of times and also seemed like an alright guy, Like I don't but I just I just can't like the guy you just never really fuck with for whatever reason, Like people kind of know not to fuck with Puffy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I don't think it's out of a fear that Puff is gonna get at you. I think it's just like Puff is so like why would you want to burn a bridge with Puff?
Speaker 2: With Diddy?
Speaker 1: Like you know what I mean, I never got like I've never in my life saw puffin thought to myself, even when he was arguing with the man from Power on the corner, because he was talking, I was like, man, that that was Mere.
Speaker 2: Talking about when he was dressed like the Joker.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I'm like, man, cuss Puff ass out of fire. Pushally did that because I just I see Puff is such a responsible man. I just can't see him wanting to throw his life away, and.
Speaker 2: He also has so much like going on. You would be like, Puff's not stupid, so he's.
Speaker 1: And then I can't see the South sides letting him get away with a million dollar debt for all that time, it makes sense that ain't gonna even last. And these niggas had something like when I tell you, these niggas had some money. Man, when I was going up them, niggas had money. I'm talking about real money. He was out of fucking Mike Tyson fight. I mean, these niggas got.
Speaker 2: Some money in the nineties. That's the ticket of the session.
Speaker 1: There's no way I could see them letting Cus get away with owing them that kind of money and ain't nothing happening because they had have been tearing his ass up.
Speaker 2: I wonder if this will motivate UH any sort of resolve in the Biggie murder, and I don't think it will because I think the LAPD was obviously involved off through the cops, et cetera.
Speaker 1: I just think the Biggie murder was a professional hit, and it's just different.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think it was a professional hit, and I think for whatever reason it would have impliced, it would have made the l a p D look really bad had they solved it properly.
Speaker 1: But even then the fans could come in. I just think it's hard to prove what happened like because it was so done professionally. The pot ship is different, Like we heard about that ship in real time, Like this is really I mean they just death row niggas just jumped Baty Lane like you you heard that in real time when it happened that night. Then you heard pod got shot. You could put two and two like it was.
Speaker 2: It makes sense. It was one one event affected another event.
Speaker 1: And it was a normal thing around that happened. The big Ship surprised everybody. None of us thought heard nothing big it was a hit. No, none of us even heard nothing about who did a PA hit? Yeah, like that was like a real job. So I don't I think it's just different.
Speaker 2: Why don't you think Kanye has a classic album? What said that? Well, you said, no one has four classic albums and hip hop? Oh I don't know why the tweet I saw, I thought that. By the way, you're wrong, but uh, no one has four classic albums. Again, y'all keep making classics. It's just ship you like, or that's four college dropout late registration registration is not a it's his best album, that's not don't mean it's his classic classic shifts The game.
Speaker 1: It's not like late registration and graduations are ploys off of college dropout. They're not different things. They're not true graduations way different.
Speaker 2: It's not music.
Speaker 1: He sampled that don't mean nothing, don't mean nothing.
Speaker 2: It was the same ship classic albums. No, My Beautiful Dart, Twits and Fantasy is a classic.
Speaker 1: I'm not even gonna listen. I could take that greatest.
Speaker 2: It might be the greatest album ever. No, it might be No, all right, No, college dropped outs a classic. Yeah, And if you want to talk about changing stuff.
Speaker 1: And the way it heartbreaks, which I can't and what Jesus no, but I do totally enjoy us. A real Kanye.
Speaker 2: Fansis made Travis Scott possible. Listen. I'm not this and Travis was very much instrumental into the making of that album.
Speaker 1: You're not going to hear any debates with me about props for Yeasy.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to jump off. It's not a classic album. I can ask classic. I think I think Late Registration and Graduation are classic. No, I think Kanye his first five albums are classic.
Speaker 1: That don't even make sense. Somebody dropped five classic albums in the rold. Just think about what that would be. No, it don't even makes sense.
Speaker 2: Kanye listed No, No, he's got the greatest discography and hip hop history. I wouldn't even even I wouldn't even mind arguing that, Like, I'm okay with that, But he don't got five fucking classic albums. Do you know who else has four? Oh? Outcast? No? Yeah, God damn it, y'all just make anything a classic? What are you talking about, bro, Listen, A classic.
Speaker 1: Don't mean you really like it or it's really good.
Speaker 2: This is, by the way, this is your definition of a classic.
Speaker 1: Mine's is the author, aready figure in the conversation?
Speaker 2: Okay? As a product? Okay, So you think Outcast doesn't have four classics.
Speaker 1: Look if somebody I said, no, one in hip hop has four, not a soul, not a soul, and I think to hip hop.
Speaker 2: Fans, this is Kendrick has three.
Speaker 1: I'm not even gonna be First off, I came the fact that niggas was throwing that in the conversation was great. I couldn't believe.
Speaker 2: I was like, it was like DoD got five, Kendrick has three. I think it. I think to be determined on his last album, even though I really know. I still listen to it a lot. It's not a class I still listen. It's not to be determined. No, no, no, that's fair. I wouldn't put it in the Pimper Butterfly, Damn or good Kid Mad City converse.
Speaker 1: I don't even think people give Damn the correct credit.
Speaker 2: So I agree, agree. I think those are the three though.
Speaker 1: But but I think when you say classic, like, I think there's certain albums that are classic. Ill Madic has been regarded as a classic.
Speaker 2: Dog you style, right, dog style The Chronicles, by the way, what, in your opinion, what's the better album of the Chronic of two thousand and one, two thousand and one. Yeah, well, I like the age.
Speaker 1: I like the Chronic because the Chronic has these really important joints.
Speaker 2: Yes, but two thousand and one, if you right now, masterful, Yeah, some masterful. I just worked out to two thousand and one, like a month ago.
Speaker 1: I just played it and I was straight out of Compton as a classic Eddie Griffin.
Speaker 2: His skits on two thousand and one am so fired.
Speaker 1: Dre has always been faking your mama was a hot weekend pussy. That's crazy, okay, So yeah, but no, I was saying no one in hip hop assa.
Speaker 2: Okay, I think I misunderstood the tweet thread that I might have saw you replied to, because you know, I thought you were saying that Kanye didn't have any classic albums, which I was just like, no, there's no way.
Speaker 1: I'm really careful with.
Speaker 2: Because I get Richard I try and classic.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, that's fucking fantastic.
Speaker 2: But I'm saying, does Eminem have a classic? I don't know. I have to think about Martin Maisp that would be the one, or Eminem shows. It's probably Marshall Mathers to your definite, I think EVANDAM Show is the better album.
Speaker 1: What would but but Fix is Scarface's classic. Yes, made is a better album.
Speaker 2: I like the Diary too and the Diaries and I think Untouchable was his best album.
Speaker 1: Fix it was a classic. Fix Fix has my favorite NOS verse ever. My favorite NODS verse ironically is on We Major.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, are that between us? Between me and you? Whatever the fuck that record is on the Fix, Jesus Christ, NOAs went the fucking.
Speaker 1: Uh That verse All We Major is crazy. It's victory lap of classic. I think it's been deemed they went back and got it right to classic when it was first release.
Speaker 2: But I think it but.
Speaker 1: Dogg Ye Style, the same thing happened with Doggie Style. The same thing happened with There was a few records.
Speaker 2: That One thing I'll give hip hop credit is they will go back and write their wrongs. They did that with reasonable doubt. They did it.
Speaker 1: That's fair because I remember Blueprint being the first one everybody thought was a classic. But it's like, what about everybody double back? And I remember having reasonable doubt thinking that. Then now they got it right right, because that's been the person that's come up a lot as J and I'm a diehard J Face Snoop scar.
Speaker 2: For what's Outcast classic album to you? Aliens at Alien? Yeah, yeah, I think it's Quemini. If you're gonna pick a one, I'm not mad at that right there.
Speaker 1: Cast is like that weird group to where so many things it's so possible with them, and they.
Speaker 2: Now have the greatest selling hip hop album ever. They just passed uh eminem eminem.
Speaker 1: It's a double CD though, true, so it's gonna get counted twice.
Speaker 2: But you know, whatever, do you remember those days when like a ball was dropping triple albums like lost that.
Speaker 1: It was like, Yo, if you did forty was doing that shit crazy?
Speaker 2: If you just did three hundred and thirty three thousand, you're platinum. Yeah, that's pretty slick. And then motherfuckers was dropping two albums on the same day. Who was here? Oh, I just was talking to insane clown posse. They were here, violent j and he's dope. Yeah, he was cool.
Speaker 1: He was very Uh.
Speaker 2: You know, I got uncles like him that that's a lot of dope in their life and are just very like he was. He was just very He was jittering, such a cool dude, super nice, super jitter And we would talk and I'd ask him a question and then he would just go off on like a random tangent about something unrelated to the question.
Speaker 1: But them drugs be connecting different brain st.
Speaker 2: No, he was so cool. And I'm always real tough on juggalos because I think for the most part they have really bad Uh they're not good at the upkeep of their personal hygien But.
Speaker 1: You know what it is, man, Juggalos is like I always felt like they was the ghetto white people.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, but the most but the most ghetto. But that's why I actually clicked with them. Yeah, because I mean, listen, there's ghetto white people and then there's like the Juggalo.
Speaker 1: I love the motherfuckers. Yeah, I don't know, that's just my people.
Speaker 2: I don't have I.
Speaker 1: Did the fucking uh.
Speaker 2: You did the gathering, the gathering. Oh so you went to the gathering? Did you see the tent or the drug breaks?
Speaker 1: Even though people just fucking I've seen the drug?
Speaker 2: What does smell like?
Speaker 1: I didn't. I didn't get close enough. But I don't think it's I'm sa I love him, motherfucking I don't know my people.
Speaker 2: The Jugglers are so funny because, like I posted, and I've always given up my because I actually think ICP on a business model standpoint, are pioneers and hip hop. I think that what they did with their merchandising, I think Tech nine gets a lot and technos I feel this way, tech gets a.
Speaker 1: Lot of I think that, Yeah, I think Travis had did. Travis had has done a really good job on improving on that model, for.
Speaker 2: Improving improved on kind of what ICP had had going. But I think this is b I think I think for whatever reason, CP their marketing and just their business model is hip hop artists. Like when I was a kid, they were the only kind of hip hop group where you could go buy their shirt and Spencers, like there was ICP Jerseys.
Speaker 1: And white Man Hot Topic, white Shit have it.
Speaker 2: But I'm saying it's like it's like they they pushed.
Speaker 1: They pushed the line to me, they pushed.
Speaker 2: The line of like if you go to a concert, we're gonna have one hundred skews that you could purchase. We're gonna have shoelaces, We're gonna have all that ship.
Speaker 1: A lot of that ship is brilliant, Like the Motherfuckers is brilliant, you know, I mean the Motherfuckers is fire. That just insane.
Speaker 2: So when did you first link with the juggle of world because you were signed a Suburban Noise, which is kind of an offshoot that world was suburban Okay, that was like cotton Mouth King's Kevin Zinger s r H.
Speaker 1: The boy that's popping now, shout out to him. They got that whole anti. To me, that ship is a dope movement where they have like uh uh Adam.
Speaker 2: Calhoun, Yeah, him and I have had words online.
Speaker 1: That's funny. Adam is another guy, Tom McDonald. And there's another guy that was from this group kind of buff but dope. I got a song with him and this pissed me off. I am yeah, but but that's he was a part of a group initially Struggle. No, it was it was Real Pr. The name of the song is called Real P.
Speaker 2: I uh.
Speaker 1: God, damn it, I'm losing my fucking mind. Yeah, but I like that movement. It's funny because I feel like they move into such a uh all set movement, you know what I mean? What the fuck is going on? Why am I not figuring this out? That's not to say much.
Speaker 2: Though, but what I need to figure out? Who you're talking about?
Speaker 1: Mad Child? Mad Child?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, he used to be a part of that.
Speaker 1: I did this song with the group though Swollen members, Swollen members.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I did a song with Swollen members because right, which is dope right? And the song with Swallen members. And I like Mad Child, me and Mad Child.
Speaker 2: Still, I don't put mat Child in that world.
Speaker 1: I know, but so to me because he's Canadian, like you allto gonna see it differently.
Speaker 2: No, it's not that I think they had a label called battle Axe Records. I could be wrong. About but it was like they were like really like some indie backpack like hip hop vinyl, Like you went and bought their singles back?
Speaker 1: Would you dug a Tom and them? Tom and Adam.
Speaker 2: I personally, I'm not too mad at Tom. I've seen some of his I've seen. I was actually kind of interested in his business model because I saw a video come out. I'm like a music industry nerd. So I saw a video come out or some sort of something came across my timeline that he had sold a certain amount of units, but because he sold them the way he did that they didn't count it towards his billboard sales, and that had they counted his billboard sales properly, he would have probably had like the number one album in the country or something. Right, So I watched a YouTube video that he put up explaining and showing how much he actually sold. And my homie Dax did a song with him and Dax Records here, that's my friend. That's the brother, that's like the brother that's super active. Yeah, he's not like some country songs he's got. Yeah, yeah, I saw, so I know they've worked together. That the Tom McDonald w this Canadian, Dax is Canadian. The other guy out of him Adam Calhoun. This is the thing that's weirded about Adam Calhoun. Me and him have had our words, and I've said that his music is horrible. I don't really think like this is my thing. Anybody who and and you can this dude like made a record saying the N word over and over for shock value.
Speaker 1: Sure you saw the video, Yeah, it's the one were talking about trying to trash how our experience can be. And I get to I get it, But I was just like, bro, like this he might have gas the nigga you feel right?
Speaker 2: And I just feel like somehow and I could be categorizing what he does unfairly. I could be, But I think the leaning into the maga world for Clout is very like so you don't genuinely believe he believes in the shit. It's not that I think that if like, your musical identity is your maga like and I don't And listen to be fair to this guy because I just talked I just talked to Jelly Roll, who's one of my Jelly is Dope. Well, Jelly's one of my closest friends in me, dope.
Speaker 1: I've known Jelly for white Wood Jelly. Shout out to Jelly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, close to a decade. You know, yo, we got to stop the interview again and tell you about our folks at odd Socks. Baby, that's right. Shot to odd Socks man. The most comfortable socks in the world. They've been riding with us since day one. And let me tell you something, man, Christmas time is really sneaking up. Odd Socksofficial dot com. Use the promo code Bootleg save twenty percent off at checkout. They got the crazy licenses. Check out these Naruto socks. Fucking fire a little SpongeBob socks, you know what I'm saying. How about this? How about the how High movie socks they got, the WWE they got, the motherfucking Cheeto socks. You know what I'm saying. Shot to the mother fucking Cheeto socks. They just dropped their Monopoly line too. I'm waiting for them to send them to me, Ahmad, send me the Monopoly shit, buddy, all right. Also, the odd Socks basics, these are my favorites. They're just normal, just you know, the most comfortable socks you've ever put on your feet. Is really what they are. Get them black, white, red, fucking tied eye whatever you're into. And they got the underwear baby Little Reese's Boys. Let's go odd Socksofficial dot com. Use the promo code Bootleg. They got south Park underwear too, all the licenses, WWE, Scarface, Breaking Bad, south Park, Power Rangers, Monopoly, Coca Cola, they got it all. Use that promo code Bootleg and save twenty percent off at checkout. Also want to give a shout out to our sponsor. Much love to our good folks at blue Cheo. That's right. We talk about it all the time on the podcast. When you go to bluetoo dot com right now, you can get your first month for free. A lot of people ask, well, what is bluechoo and doesn't work? Well blue Cheo. It has the same active ingredient as viagra and sialis. The only difference is you don't have to go to the doctor. It's all online. You go to bluetoo dot com, you get your shit handled over there, and then they get you handled by sending you a month for free when you use the promo code Bootleg bluetoo dot Com promo code bootleg. Tryout blue Cheo. It'll have your uh, your dick harder than it's ever been. It's like trigonometry in high school, real hard. You know, if you're dealing with any sort of a rectile dysfunction, blue Choo will have your right. Like I said, same active ingredient as viagrant cialis, minus the awkward doctor's appointment. Everything's online and if you're asking, well, I don't know, man, I just don't know. Try it out for free for a month. They'll send you a month supply for free, right to your doorstep in discrete packaging, blue chewable form. It's in a little a little chewable man. You take that thing down and then you go to Poundtown. Take you shorty to Poundtown. Goddamn it. Blue Choo dot used that promo code. Boulet tried for free for a month. So let's get back to the interview. And I told Jelly the last time I saw him, I said, Hey, I know you're tight with that dude Adam Calhoun, and I don't want to have like any real beef with somebody that you're friends with. So I was like, if you ever want to put me on the phone with him like I wouldn't mind, just because we went back and forth on in our YouTube comments. And I mean, I don't think his music's very good, but I can't equate what he does because he's got whole albums with my Boy Struggle and Struggles my boy, like I love Struggles Struggles a talented guy. So I really I think I may have unfairly equated what he's doing with what some of these real maga rappers are doing, because there's like real.
Speaker 1: Sure gods, so you can see they taking advantage.
Speaker 2: No, they're literally their entire identity is they do maga rap. It's like a shove, a subgenre of music that is strictly based on fuck, black Lives matter, Trump, Trump, Trump, what's the what's the jerk offs name from Florida? That uh no, no no, the for Giotto Blow who used to be signing used to be signed to Thomas Jones and was a fucking wanna be street rapper in Tampa when I lived there, And now all of a sudden he is literally the face of maga rat. To me, that ship's corny, super corny. And then there's like, so I think I might have unfairly put those two guys in the same lane. As to where I don't think Adam Calhoun's music, I think I might have unfairly judged it. Also, he was beefing with my boy CASKI, so I might have unfairly judged him. I'm not a fan of his music. I'm not a fan of like and this is. And Also I'd like to point out it'd be like if there was somebody waving a Biden flag in their rap songs, You'd be like, what's happening, Like, Who's Who's making pro bi Who's making pro Biden rap music? Can I ask you that question?
Speaker 1: Every last pop artist breathing no, no, no, I'm.
Speaker 2: Talking about by name. We're talking. I mean, listen, I can pull up. There are some of these songs and the hook is is like Trump Trump Trump, Maga Maga Magic.
Speaker 1: But that's because it's counter culture. It's counter culture. So it was very much counter anything counter even when hip hop would use Trump's name as a way to establish the conversation of wealth right.
Speaker 2: No, for sure, Trump was take over the world on Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: That's Trump was always counterculture. I'm Donald Trump and the white T and white Woman's the conversations.
Speaker 2: I mean, Donald Trump is on method Man's second solo album, to Count.
Speaker 1: Because so again, Trump has always been counterculture, just where you place it.
Speaker 2: So my whole thing is this, if I would look at a rapper the same way, if they did an aoc acost of Cortes, the Congress lady from from New York, if someone did a song that was like waving her flat about.
Speaker 1: If somebody did a baroxa like my president is black.
Speaker 2: That's hard because that's history. It's the first by president.
Speaker 1: What are we talking about?
Speaker 2: By the way, great song, shout out to Jesus, that's my favorite g Z album. The Recession, great album. It's classic, great app But.
Speaker 1: But I guess what I'm saying is like a classics the classic.
Speaker 2: Yes, to me, it's a classic. To me, I don't think it's I don't think it's it's higher on the classic tier than than than Doug Motivation one on one, it's not a classic. I like The Recession me too. I don't think it's more of a classic than it's not a classic. To be fair, it's not a consensus classic. It's a classic to me. I think we can all have personal Well, you just like it no, but I think to me, it's a classic to me. But I would say I break down classics from different perspectives. One would be what I call consensus hip hop classics, where if you said that album is a classic, nobod's gonna say shit.
Speaker 1: You nobody will say that about graduation, you don't have some conversations and hip hop.
Speaker 2: Okay, So that's that's that's that's me. When I think of Drake, he don't have a good kid. Mad City the closest thing he's got to take care.
Speaker 1: You know what's funny, I just had that conversation somebody said that I think. I was like, probably not, but I'm not.
Speaker 2: I think Drake's best album is Nothing Was the Same, And I actually think that album is damn near flawless. And I think we don't give that album enough flowers because Nothing Was the same as I think.
Speaker 1: Drake is fantastic and making music. Man. So I think I think Drake, but I just don't know if he's ever adjusted culture.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I get you. I think unfortunately, I think the last like five years, I feel like he's been just mailing it in even then because I actually enjoyed, you know, what I enjoyed about Drake was when he did the DM album.
Speaker 1: I think Drake always got some cuts, so it's hard.
Speaker 2: To really always got to I say, I can't. I never listened to Madonna's I don't know that.
Speaker 1: You gotta go fuck with Madonna, bro, and it's hard. It's not for me, I'm telling you, and they get madly. I don't think eighties music is good. Eighties pop music is terrible. I'm not it all aged horribly.
Speaker 2: It sounds like shit. It's corny as fuck.
Speaker 1: Keep all you just can't wait to Doom Doom, Doom, Doom Doom.
Speaker 2: I like eighties metal. Hey, give me eighties metal, Metallica, that's not bad. Give me fucking you know, the eighties. I mean Van Halen's not metal. It's like pop rock. That's like Drake of rock. I would say, like Judas metal would have got big guitars. Yeah, Mega Death, Pantera's some ship in the eighties.
Speaker 1: So so so at that point, Guns and Roses the king of metal.
Speaker 2: Well, guns and Roses was pop rock, and that was the early nineties. But yeah, I mean Guns and Roses were the biggest shit on the planet for you know, four years.
Speaker 1: So Metallica is metal, so you need the over abusive guitars to be metal.
Speaker 2: No, I mean Metallica is like eight minute songs with two minute guitar solos in it, you know, like if you listen to Master of Puppets, so that it's over abusive. And what's crazy is even like metal. People think Metallica's like sell out metal because they sold out with the Black album, their bigges album. They had a ballot on there.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, but that ballad is t like to if you listen like for who.
Speaker 2: The Bell Tolls or like one Ship like that. It's just big heavy.
Speaker 1: It's funny because we have the same conversations per genre. And that's what I've been trying to say to you.
Speaker 2: No, I mean, I think it's all rock and roll, but I think there's metal, which is like rap.
Speaker 1: So there's all rap. But everything in hip hop everything is raped. A lot of shit is rap, but everything in hip hop hip hop is like metal. See, rock and roll is just rap. Anybody could rap, anybody could put out a rap album, but hip hop is a special representation of culture where you bear the burden of it all and you carry it on your shoulders and you know you you you're judge based off of what's happening, right, I mean that can determine if you sell another record, not for sure that and that's not what yady you know shout out to Yati no District. I don't know his history, but I'm saying he doesn't. He's not He's not responsible for that. Yachty can do anything. And it's not because kids can do anything. Because Zoel Sama is a kid. He can't just do anything. If do something, it's some trouble. If some of these young hip hop orners do some silly shit, their career is going to take a hit.
Speaker 2: Right. I think that's definitely like true when it comes to like if your if your music and your persona.
Speaker 1: Is hip hop is street, but hip hop is only street, there's nothing else outside of it.
Speaker 2: I think that's true. It is you just say it evolved. Can't you agree things evolve?
Speaker 1: Then metal can evolve. Yeah, so medical be ballots.
Speaker 2: Yes, which I'm telling you with like I'm a hardcore hip hop nigga. Okay, hardcore damn, You're not going to sell it out. So you're trying to say because to me, it all can evolve.
Speaker 1: No, it can't evolve because hip hop can never be somewhere where culture doesn't exist.
Speaker 2: So let me ask you this in general, right, if hip hop can't evolve, it's you.
Speaker 1: No culture evolves. But hip hop, right is always going to be street urban culture. It can't evolve into the suburbs because suburbs will never have culture. They'll never have the they don't have the things. Cocaine plants, coca plants, right, we can grow them here, right, Me and you could get a warehouse really and we could grow them yep, inside of the warehouse with all the lights and water system and all that. Right, but how no, illegally, but we would never have enough cocaine, would never have enough plants, dried up leaves. I think it's like one hundred and ten thousand pounds of dried up leaves or some crazy shit you need. We would never create enough leaves to make one fucking kilo because coca plants don't grow wild everywhere. They don't have the environment, the right sun, the right conditions to grow. That's hip hop. Hip Hop can only grow there. There's no middle class place where your culture is created. They don't need lingo. You know why they don't need slang because the fucking school programs are good.
Speaker 2: I see. I don't think that's true though, because that is there is culture created through in middle.
Speaker 1: Class where what fashion where Listen, they have addition, which is which is culture. No, No tradition can be an aspect of culture.
Speaker 2: Is it safe to say that, like the automobile industry was in the in the Midwest, was a middle class industry up until it fell.
Speaker 1: Sure, but having a job there for poor people was the culture?
Speaker 2: Right? No, but those were middle class people.
Speaker 1: No, No, they were middle class people at that time, at that time, right, But I agree, But that's what I'm saying. Hip hop was birthed after they shut the factories down, after there was no opportunity, after people was deprived of things.
Speaker 2: I mean, it was also birthed in the Bronx, So it's definitely the same thing.
Speaker 1: That's diffinitely worse than that might be just the same as Detroit. Right, So, all I'm saying to you is middle class people can enjoy the music, But to say that they they had there's a culture there, it's just not. And I've been to a lot of suburbs.
Speaker 2: Hey, somehow we broke away from you telling me how you first leave for Juggalos.
Speaker 1: Oh, Tech nine, Techno Tech nine went on toward Tech nine. Uh, Tech loved me, Travis love Me. I want to three times three years straight. Which tours was this, because the first tour with tech it was just me and Tech and Chris and cut. Then the next tour was ME forty. That's the tour I saw you on ME forty. Uh, you're talking about Joe Buddens. You guys did House Oh Slaughterhouse, Slaughterhouse that was at the and K Dot, j Rock, Kendrick.
Speaker 2: And j Rock. That was on the you guys did House of Blues in Vegas Independent Grind tour.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was there, it was it was Kendrick, j Rock, ME forty.
Speaker 2: That was when Jay Rock could put out the album on Strange YEP, forty YEP, Slaughterhouse in Tech Yeah, that was a crazy tour.
Speaker 1: That was fantastic when I think about it, like wow, Yeah, And.
Speaker 2: That's why I was telling violent Jay and he went on this tangent about him and Tech nine almost went to war, and I was like, that's not what I was asking. I was trying to get to the point of you guys like revolutionizing the merch game. And then he was like, yeah, but they didn't. But I was like, you guys share so many of the same fans that it's like that what doesn't makes sense Because if you go to a tech show, you're gonna see a guy with a slaughterhouse or a slaughter a Hatchman tattoo, and you're gonna see a guy with a strange music tattoo on the same you.
Speaker 1: Know, I like a technician and a fucking a lot of a lot of these.
Speaker 2: People are the same, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I always thought they fan base should be called the Strangers.
Speaker 2: I see what you did there. I like technicians me too, shout to the strange. So yeah, you got you got exposed to that world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was amazing. It was amazing. To say, dog, that fucked my life up, I mean, and I think it helped even Kendrick. I think that was a big influence on what Kendrick did because that was this was two thy eleven ten, nine eleven.
Speaker 2: Yep, I think that tour was eleven, But.
Speaker 1: I think I remember he used to watch him on stage like every night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you gotta see you gotta know technic, like Peak Tech with him, Cut Calhoun and Chris Kalico together, Tech.
Speaker 1: Is probably the best hip hop performer. It's probably Tech nine. Buster Busters up there, Red and Method is up There's somebody else up there that I'm not thinking about, that super dupe up on stage. But them guys is really special.
Speaker 2: The Tech nine is the go to me. Tech is hard to fuck with, I think, so you don't have to know one of tech songs, And that to me is the key, is that I became a fan of Tech nine not knowing any of his songs. Besides like Slacker and I'm a player, I'm a player, sure, And when I.
Speaker 1: Saw him live, I was like, it's funny because you just songs. You to me, that is that's different. And to me text doing two hours straight.
Speaker 2: No track behind him wrapping a million miles a minute and dancing, dancing choreography, and I'm talking like Peak Tech tour, Tech is a monster And even like recently I said this to him. He did a tour on the show many times, not on my podcast yet, but I mean I've interviewed Tech probably ten times. He had a tour in twenty sixteen or seventeen sixteen, maybe said early seventeen and it was this was when Chris Calico and him or Chris left strange. There's no cut Calhoun. So it was just him and to me, a part of like TeX's live show that was super dope was him and Chris's energy back and forth. But I saw him by himself and he had he had like it was like the gangster, the the clown and the king and he somehow bro it was the craziest texture I've ever been to. And it was just him and the way he like changed his outfitches that work byself. Bro that No, he's a professional, like when he does this shit he does this strange business model is carried on show business.
Speaker 1: Well, strange business model is one that more hip hop labels should adopt. What's hard because you need to take nine and it's hard because of strict Well, the strict part can work, but the tech nine part is the hard part.
Speaker 2: Because like when you were on tour with them, you guys had rules, right if you If you didn't.
Speaker 1: No rules, it's just your as gonna miss the bus.
Speaker 2: Oh no, there's rules.
Speaker 1: I mean I wasn't no rules to me? Then what was the rules?
Speaker 2: There's uh that well they now they have rules like if you agree to go on the tour, you have to abide by the rules or they find you. Yeah, I didn't have that, but that was based on what's the rules. Uh no, nobody on the bus. That isn't like no girls on the bus. No, uh yeah, that was nothing like that, no smoking on the bus. But that was because something had happened to cause there's an incident or an issue that happened that made those rules. Each one of those rules get like so now when you go on tour with tech, you gotta sign off on Hey, I'm gonna follow these rules. Like Dizzy right, was so frustrated he couldn't smoke on the bus so he would just pay the fine. Fuck.
Speaker 1: Yeah nah, I didn't have They didn't have some hab.
Speaker 2: Something definitely happened there, but they they before the rules. It might have been a machine gun Kelly Tour that caused them in and put those rules in.
Speaker 1: Before the rules, it was just I don't smoke anyways, they weren't for me. But before the rules, it was just it is very strict, but not strict in rules time like you really do like oh yeah, the bus will these shows in sixty four days. Yeah, you the bus will leave. You don't have a choice.
Speaker 2: It has no choice to show much going.
Speaker 1: You just fly to the next town.
Speaker 2: Did you ever miss the bus? Never?
Speaker 1: In life, I wouldn't. The rules wouldn't matter to me. I don't smoke a drink. I mean, I don't even even care about bringing girls.
Speaker 2: On the bus. I wonder what that tour is like. If og Muggs has to be security for E forty and Tach done.
Speaker 1: That was kind of cool. I remember that people don't keep running back out on the stage.
Speaker 2: Og Muggs is kind of like he's tech security to keep running back. Also kind of forty security. He had to keep running back on the stage and run shout out to mud. He had to double up. Yeah, that's probably the roughest tour his his.
Speaker 1: Uh, he was complaining, complaining, He was complaining anyway.
Speaker 2: So the new album is out, cancel these nuts.
Speaker 1: Yeah it's really good man. They telling me it's classic. Now, y'all have fucked it up for me because I felt specially at first, I've been hearing scar Face and me fire moojis about it, and niggas been hitting me tell about how good it is, and people like this classic. Then I tweet nobody before class and I realize the classify every album as a class I'm like, y'all just.
Speaker 2: Fucked it up for me. I thought I had something special, not every album, just four of more than four. I Kanye.
Speaker 1: A dude told me Kanye had eight classics.
Speaker 2: Okay, Kanye's first five albums are a classic, so see, and just ruined it.
Speaker 1: Time changing.
Speaker 2: He dropped five first six albums are classics.
Speaker 1: He dropped six Doggie styles in a row. He dropped six ematics in a row.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think Kanye's first six albums he.
Speaker 1: Dropped six ematics. He dropped, he dropped, he dropped, fucking.
Speaker 2: Yes, college, college drop out, late registration, graduation. My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, A Ways and Heartbreaks was before My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy. Jesus, those are six classics. Yees, this is a perfect album. Dropped six omatics in a row, and and outside of that, those are the those are the six I have to give it to now. I also happen to feel that if you were to put the Good Friday songs together on a zip file in the blog era, that's a whole other classic album. I also happened to feel that, uh.
Speaker 1: It's just the standards has been lowered.
Speaker 2: Kids see Ghosts is one of Kanye's greatest bodies of work ever for him and Kid.
Speaker 1: Cutting as well. Say as a classic, he just make anything in classic.
Speaker 2: You said it not?
Speaker 1: I mean he dropped six ill maatics in the row. Fucking Kanye, that's crazy. Six illmatics.
Speaker 2: He dropped six well, I mean he definitely, yeah, he's I mean six in a row. Yeah, six ill But that's why he's got the greatest hip hop discography of all time.
Speaker 1: Six ellmatics in a row. I mean he had, he had that the first three records. I mean, I'll cast it four straight.
Speaker 2: You know, Oreo Maddix in a row, Southern playerlist of Caatellacts and Cemini four four get rich of DoD Trons in the row. That's just how crazy? Wait wait wait, yeah, I'll cast has five classics.
Speaker 1: And he got five classes in the row. Five get rich of DoD Tron's in a row.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I cast got five of them. That's just crazy.
Speaker 1: I can't argue because at this point it's like I ain't never heard. I didn't even know hip hop had DMX has one. Somebody told me the DMS had four.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: It's not all this ship is crazy, y'all. Y'all would make it like.
Speaker 2: If you DMX has DMX has one. This dude told me and a half. He told me best of both worlds is classic class Someone told I think you should have blocked him.
Speaker 1: I'm not on blocking nobody. What I never blocked people.
Speaker 2: Hove has got two undeniable classics, and then the Black album, which is up for debate.
Speaker 1: This dude said, all of these classes. He showed me all the album, all the Kanye Me like, all the people have classics.
Speaker 2: No, I'll say this. Jay Z's got two undeniables, and then the Black album, which to me is a classic.
Speaker 1: I think Drake has He said, if we talk about songs, hold got one hundred classic songs.
Speaker 2: Even Chief keep got him. You just chatting, okay, I don't know. This is your people. Here's a white man he talked.
Speaker 1: And then another dude said, I'm so tired of interaction farming. This is the most obvious bait I've seen all day. And retards on Twitter eat it up. No one in hip hop classics.
Speaker 2: Your tweet was no one in hip hop has four classics. This is the tweet, So that's the one. Everyone.
Speaker 1: Look how many fucking views are Yes?
Speaker 2: So someone said outcast, which is true. Damn two point eight million DMX. That person should be blocked.
Speaker 1: It's going to get worse. This is your people. That's just the madness.
Speaker 2: J Z four classes conye C might be close. I might have cube is jay Z. Don't uh outcast day the roots. This is your people, y'all. Just say NAS don't have four.
Speaker 1: People said no, man, I see NAS probably top five gods mentioned.
Speaker 2: That's my favorite MC. Ever he don't got four.
Speaker 1: But this is the point, y'all. Don't understand what a classic album is. Y'all just saying it's a really good album or you think it's almost perfect. That's not There's no way Kanye dropped five Get Richard die Tron's in a row.
Speaker 2: It's just not true. No, he did six.
Speaker 1: He didn't drop six in a row.
Speaker 2: Six in a row. And you're right, no way five because it was six.
Speaker 1: He didn't drop six.
Speaker 2: It was six.
Speaker 1: So six of Kanye's album is Get rich of true first six, the first six. Yeah, this is crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I put get Richard die Try.
Speaker 1: It's funny because people think I'm interacting former Like I thought this was a reasonable point.
Speaker 2: Oh, I figured, I think how rare it is so people think you were trolling for the for the interaction, I sweart.
Speaker 1: I was like, wait a minute, and my tripping, like, why does this tweet have three million views?
Speaker 2: Is it safe to say? On the West Coast the person that's in the discussion is Kendrick. I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't believe. I don't believe. I don't believe no one has four classic album. There's nobody in the discussion. Well, I think cube, if you look at America's more Death Certificate, then you say straight out of Compton and West Side Connection maybe, but then a lot of people might not look at West Side Connection as a consensus classic.
Speaker 2: Uncultured twine is what we call those people.
Speaker 1: You feel me, But it's like, I wouldn't think I really thought that. I was like, damn, it's some people that got close to three. Like I thought Kanye. I'm like, Kanye might have three. I thought might have got Yeah, I think j might have three. I was like, Nas probably has for sure.
Speaker 2: Two.
Speaker 1: Life is good is better than Illmatic, but Illmatic is a classic, right, I disagree, I understand, but I'm saying Life is Good is a better album then Illmatic, but Illmadic is the classic.
Speaker 2: Life is Good isn't even a top four NAS album.
Speaker 1: That's because NAS fans have bad tastes.
Speaker 2: That's not true. It's good, it was written better. No, I like Life is Good. No, no, no, no, it's fail mad. It was written lost tapes.
Speaker 1: You get what I'm saying, Like, if you listen, I wasn't the biggest.
Speaker 2: It's because you're fucking twelve. And his goat sulta Wayne.
Speaker 1: Little Wayne is dope. Oh motherfucker said, Lil Wayne got five classic goalbum he said all the Carters.
Speaker 2: I was like, you should have blocked who ever said that.
Speaker 1: I was like, bro, why, But that's as bad as you saying Kanye got six classes.
Speaker 2: No, listen, there's an argument to be made that Wayne's got two Carter two and three. I wouldn't even say that. And I actually think my favorite one is the best one. Well, I was about to say that my favorite is the Carter one.
Speaker 1: It's the best one.
Speaker 2: I think Birdman Junior is my favorite Little Wayne song ever. And then you got I miss my dogs, but.
Speaker 1: You're getting closed. Probably my favorite Little Wayne.
Speaker 2: Song was on the quarter Cardan Junior is my favorite. But all I'm saying Party two didn't age well, you know what's a classic or close to it? Like father, like son?
Speaker 1: See see what I'm saying now, and then bird Man and look at this shit and be like, fucking no, fucking stunt of the ship was the ship?
Speaker 2: But why you got to just say classic?
Speaker 1: You were signing cash money right, yes, But then now I'll say something bird To look at me and be like, you just go I'm.
Speaker 2: Not a classic?
Speaker 1: Why why do we gotta go that far?
Speaker 2: It's a cult classic? How about that? It's not if you're not at it's not a hip hop consensus.
Speaker 1: The greatest album out of the South is a cash money album.
Speaker 2: It's four hundred degrees. That's a class far, yes, by far. Four hundred degrees is the best cash money album of all.
Speaker 1: It's the greatest album out of the South, and guy, four hundred degrees womenI is better.
Speaker 2: But four hundred degrees is the best cash money album ever.
Speaker 1: It's the best album out of the South's.
Speaker 2: And I'm not mad at that take. It's not that's a reasonable take, But all my takes for hip hop takes a reasonable four hit.
Speaker 1: What's the worst? What's my worst take?
Speaker 2: Kanye don't have four classics. He's the only one was for well besides Outcast, out Cast got five. I'll cast is bat in one thousand percent. We won't even count Idlewild. It was a soundtrack because a classic. No, it was a soundtrack. But it's a classic soundtrack. I mean it's not a bad soundtrack. It's got Hollywood Divorce on there with Lil Wayne, and it's fucked.
Speaker 1: Up because all these people are like guys, my predecessors I look up to, and then it makes me sound so crazy. Okay, like Father, like Son is a cult classic, Like the first big Timers album, Fuck yeah, I got that work.
Speaker 2: No, it's not the first big Timers.
Speaker 1: Album, the first one that came on Universal before I.
Speaker 2: Got that work cult classic. They just listen, whoa, whoa, whoa. They just put that album on the DSPs like two years ago, and I was like, bro, what the first big Timers album? Oh? I had that city three different times. You got so scratched up.
Speaker 1: But that don't mean you don't look you don't have to make albums we like a classic. You could just like them.
Speaker 2: Big timers have a could. I'm are called certain hip hop albums cult classics, like all them Kanye is are cult classic, Drake. Nothing was the same cult classic. I'm not mad at that. I'm not mad at a cultured classic. But then what coaching fifty cent the massacre? Cult classic? No great album, very great album, cult classic.
Speaker 1: No, you don't have to put classic and great together. It's just different.
Speaker 2: It's a cult classic. It's not a cun bab for mercy cult classic.
Speaker 1: That intro is for sure culture classic. I was just talking about that though. Songs like Zoom is a cult classic. Boozy no Zoom What the commodoes.
Speaker 2: Oh, I thaid, well, listen, bro, we're talk about hip hop. I'm thinking Boozy zoom zone. We said culture right, So culture, when I say cult classic, I mean like Kill Bill Volume one and two together, it's a cult classic. My favorite movie ever. Cult classic. Yeah.
Speaker 1: They create a culture behind them and people enjoy them as a group. Here I go, mystical cult classic. Here I go, that is a culture classic.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Because now when Dean Sanders wins, he's play me my music and what's on that? It's that Wow, I ain't know that. Yep.
Speaker 1: So it's certain things. But you just got to stop abusing the.
Speaker 2: Word classic like I'm not.
Speaker 1: I'm speaking facts. Kanye doesn't have four classes and you're right he has six. He doesn't have six. Kanye may have Kanye may have two classics.
Speaker 2: Kanye's got the single greatest discography we've ever seen, followed by Outcast, followed by ghost Face.
Speaker 1: Skill up, I'm not mad at the face. I'm not mad atos face.
Speaker 2: Oh you know what I got you?
Speaker 1: So Kanye dropped six purple tapes?
Speaker 2: That's what you said? Yep. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now next time they see you, we have this conversation they see you. It was like Kanye dropped six purple tape. Kanye dropped, no fucking six purple tapes. No he didn't, you're right, didn't.
Speaker 2: Well, he dropped.
Speaker 1: Do you know how asked night As you're saying he drops, do you know what you're saying when you say that he dropped six purple tapes?
Speaker 2: This nick is crazy. Well, go get the album, cancel these nuts. Go to the cryptstore dot com.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the cripstore dot com. Grab the autograph copy. You can also go, I got vinyl stream, I got cassettes. I got cassette.
Speaker 2: Yeah it's crippy. Yeah, how do you get vinyl made as an independent artist these days? Just pay for it, just like distributed to anybody. You just handle this, nah, Olivia's collection.
Speaker 1: I made my own distribution company for my mom's just distributing it, putting it out there. It's all good. It's a really great record. They've been telling me it's classic, but y'all fucked it up for me when I got three million people like viewing the tweet saying everybody got four classics, so I'm like them now, I can't respect your fucking opinion on saying my album is a classic classic. I don't. I wouldn't listen to enough. That's like asking me if Tim Duncan has a good game.
Speaker 2: He does.
Speaker 1: I've never really paid.
Speaker 2: His fifth best player ever.
Speaker 1: I think in in the top five too, but I just never watched the games, Like, I can't go back to a moment I ever saw Tim Duncan was like man, Tim Duncan in that moment.
Speaker 2: Well, he was cooking the suns in the playoffs my whole life. So I've seen him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and That's how I feel about j Cole Like unless you watch who he playing again, so you're watching his career, you really he don't have moments that jump.
Speaker 2: Off who higher Kobe or Duncan Duncan Duncan as an la nigga too, no ship All right, that's want to make sure you're reasonable.
Speaker 1: I'm fair, you are fair.
Speaker 2: Yeah, top five guys, top number five, best power for whatever.
Speaker 1: Only I'll say I wouldn't even I wouldn't even put one through five. This is just the best five player because it's five people on the court, so it don't matter who first or fifth, they just all the same. That's fair magic Michael Jordan, Lebron, James, Tim Duncan, Bill.
Speaker 2: Russell, I think he could be Korean?
Speaker 1: All right, poor, how are you gonna do this year? No, Shack is not the top ten, but shout out to show no say nine, No, nah, I've always struggled with Shack between fifteen and twenty five.
Speaker 2: You don't think with Shack is tough as that like eleven.
Speaker 1: Through twenty five, Shack could be anywhere because even as a sinner like I'm not sure like I wanted some days put him above logic.
Speaker 2: But he got cooked up by a team in the finals.
Speaker 1: Ye. And then do I put him over Wilt Chamberlain?
Speaker 2: Yes, really yeah for VP two championship hundred point games, then Ventner of the big It's just it's just either way. I'm fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's a top five. I just don't know if he's three to five like you said, it's like three to five. He not Kareem or he's not Bill Russell.
Speaker 2: That's fair. He's not Kareem. He's not Bill Russell.
Speaker 1: And that's how I start doing my ship that position, someone who I.
Speaker 2: Hate that's starting to get forced themselves into these discussions unfortunately. And Steph Curry's yeah, he's for short top ten. Now he's getting there. He's there. Now he's there.
Speaker 1: He's the second, he's the second best point guard clearly ever. Magic Steph Zeke No, Magic, Steph Oscar Yes, Zeke No, he is like six. I'm gonna this is gonna sound blast missing. This is probably my worst take. I'm going Tony Parker over Zeke.
Speaker 2: Fuck out of here. Okay, that's your worst tae. At least you acknowledge it to be your worst take.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's probably my worst take.
Speaker 2: It's Chris Paul top five PG. Ever No is he six seven? No? Really he's ten. No, he's top ten.
Speaker 1: No, you're crazy, top eleven through fifteen. I'm going Gary Payton over him. I'm going Dennis Johnson from Counting over You're fucking crazy. I'm going Jason Kidd over him.
Speaker 2: Fucking crazy.
Speaker 1: I'm going John Stockton over him.
Speaker 2: That's a fair, that's fair. You were You wouldn't putt Nash over Paul.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm putting Nash over Paul two MVP.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah. Nammy just was nasty. So is Paul.
Speaker 1: Paul is fantastic. But you gotta do something with it. You gotta go, you gotta you gotta get there.
Speaker 2: He went, No, he never went. He went to the finals and played the Bucks. Did he play? Yes?
Speaker 1: I could have swore he was. Well, I guess that's not bad. Yeah, I gotta look at that.
Speaker 2: He played the whole series.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I still like a putting. He probably eleven.
Speaker 2: Son Son's winning the finals.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. No, this is the one play defense.
Speaker 2: Everybody we got Vogel. Vogel make him play. One of the most underrated coaches ever.
Speaker 1: Man, I'm not mad. At that, but he ain't gonna make them play no defense. Yeah, you gotta have some defense.
Speaker 2: I do like this year because there's no clear cut. There's a lot of unknown. The disrespect to Denver is just other worldly.
Speaker 1: Well, there's a lot bringing the same team. No, they lost Bruce Brown, not Bruce Bowen right now, Bruce Bawn played for the Bruce Brown.
Speaker 2: They lost Bruce Brown. Really, they lost Jeff Green really.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you get what I'm saying right right, like Denver, that would love.
Speaker 2: Lakers probably had the best offseason, No or the Suns.
Speaker 1: Son's probably Boston Pa get the best roster, probably Boston. Boston got the unicorn.
Speaker 2: And they got Drew Yea.
Speaker 1: The thing is they got you out of there, so they often got better.
Speaker 2: I just see the dope.
Speaker 1: Memphis is a sleeper.
Speaker 2: No they're not.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, getting Marcus Moore in the backcourt and having.
Speaker 2: J JJ's Jared Jackson Junior is going to be out for three to five months. He got a surgery last week. Oh my god. And then John Moran can't play for how many games? Yeah, but if they hold on, they won't now, not without Jared Jackson. They coach will I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I'm telling you you gotta watch them because they scrappy bunch.
Speaker 2: Yeah. John Moran's the fucking off, but he figured out he'd be all right now. I don't know what's wrong. I like this season because it's the most It's just a lot of unknowns said.
Speaker 1: We just disrespected Denver, and I'm not gonna dispect Denver.
Speaker 2: So Denver is the well. I always say this as I see that the rosters currently Denver has the best player. The Lakers have the best roster. All right, the podcast is over this. Niggas the top the bottom, and the Sun's got and the Suns. The Sun's got the Laker, the Lakers rosters.
Speaker 1: Fucking sex man is the loser, though, Dog, you stop. This is what happens.
Speaker 2: It's like when you podcast too long. What do they call that? Like you walk across the des Yeah. I never start to put it on videos. Sucking around, man, I gotta get some help. That's some ship. Stop sucking around. Stop. No one knows about your podcast because it's audio only.
Speaker 1: I have I do like twenty thousand downloads a week.
Speaker 4: You should be doing one hundred thousand views. If I get videos to do it. It's not you need people to do it like that guy matters. You need one guy, his life matters.
Speaker 1: I need I don't have that one guy is Who the fuck is that one? Someone in fucking Palmdale waiting for you to hire that No, then, I've never seen him. I don't know him. You gotta go video, I know, but you gotta have somebody like that guy back there.
Speaker 2: What's the name of the podcast?
Speaker 1: People go, no selling.
Speaker 2: People can listen to it because they can't watch it.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's a real podcast. It's not a YouTube show. Tarlam get it.
Speaker 2: Don't let Trailermane's narrative about YouTube not mattering in your head. We just say YouTube don't matter. But a podcast is what you hear? Yeah, well listen, get on YouTube. Jim alone, I got you.
Speaker 1: I gotta find you somebody.
Speaker 2: You've been telling me this. This is your second guy like this third.
Speaker 1: See you just find these niggas that just because you in Hollywood, all these dolls are just around the corner.
Speaker 2: People are from Arizona that you meant see.
Speaker 1: That's even that's like some of the talented Joker is one of the talented people I know is from Arizona.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that guy.
Speaker 1: It's incredible what happened to him? He's still making music and his face. Yes, he's a Juggal. You know he shot Tupac must Die.
Speaker 2: Is he a Juggalo? Yes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well you know he's not a Joe. He wouldn't consider himself a j well.
Speaker 2: Obviously because he is a jug Yes, I mean, he wouldn't be painting his face with one rice p, that's true.
Speaker 1: But he's like probably the most talented person I know, and he's from fucking Arizona. I don't know why Arizona is just hot bed for talent, but shit is not happening. I think y'all.
Speaker 2: Gatekeepers are just bad, and I think you're a gatekeeper. I'll be trying.
Speaker 1: You gotta really put on trying. See, this is what I'm saying. You gotta bear the burden of Phoenix, Arizona and the cultures of all the surrounding cities.
Speaker 2: That's your responsibility. You gotta put on to try. They all come up here there, rap, I give them interviews. I do my best to push do I helped I helped my boy get on sway. Uh, I try. You gotta do more.
Speaker 1: This is the point of being a hip hop person. You gotta carry the burden of Arizona culture. There are some dope a z rappers, so it's dope azy everything as got some real talent.
Speaker 2: That's moving there.
Speaker 1: I own the dope club there. I know because you have you're smart fucking as go up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, we listen, man, everyone go support the new album. Please uh stream and ansle these nuts.
Speaker 1: We had a million I think we had a million strings on Spotify already, so I know people talking good about it.
Speaker 2: Run today and purchases purchase of physical cop cripstore dot com. Appreciate you jeam alone, Thank you so much, my brother there. It is what's going on, man. I want to shout out to our family a hard Dean for presenting to you another interview. All right, there's another interview coming tomorrow and the next day and the next day. Shout out to harden Tho. If you're in Las Vegas, man, the number one dispensary in the world. They are our family, they are our brothers. There are fucking dogs over there, man. We love them. They always are taking care of us and they'll take care of you. If you go to Hardean in Vegas. Let's say you're landing in Vegas. You're gonna go watch the Raiders. You're gonna go watch a Vegas show. Whatever. Getting that taxi, tell them straight up, take me to Hardean. When you get to Hardean, they gonna get you hooked up with the craziest just variety and selection of premium cannabis on the planet. And if you tell them you heard about us on the Bootleg cap show, you say, hey, Hardean, I heard about y'all on the Bootleg Cab podcast. They're gonna take care of y'all, all right. So go follow them hard Dean Underscore Las Vegas on all social media and check them out Hardean, Las Vegas dot com. What's up, Harden