Speaker 1: We're gonna generate lots of leftovers next week, so let's clean out the sound fridge. I'm one more thing. I'm supposed to say, it's one more thing, sorry, Michael.
Speaker 2: So you're how hosting Thanksgiving this year? You have your kids coming.
Speaker 1: To you, a kid and my brother and his family.
Speaker 2: So does that make au uh happy that you'll have leftovers and everything like that? Because like, I'm going to my parents' house and which is awesome, and my brother will be there and I'm taking my kids, but I won't have any leftovers at homes. When I get home, I got nothing. I got no leftover turkey. I got no leftover pie. But are you are you happy to not have it in the house?
Speaker 1: Oh? No, you want to live for turkey sandwiches.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you gotta live for something. Might as well be turkey's in which is yes, Katie.
Speaker 3: Just give the puppy dog guys and get them to go. My mom always gave it to me to go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna be on a plane. I don't know. I don't take up a big bull of girl on the plane. I don't know. I don't know how you put the gravy through security?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a little inconvenient, but yeah, turkey sando with some turkey on there, some stuffings aw man, a little a little uh, mayonnaise, and then just a little cranberry said, Okay, sweeten it up, maybe a tiny bit of mustard. Oh, it's an art form.
Speaker 2: I hate not having the leftover Jess Michael question.
Speaker 4: About cranberry sauce. Do you get the canned stuff or do you make it out of real cranberries. It's a real controversy in my household.
Speaker 1: Done both. The real stuff is definitely a step up, but you know, there's the labor.
Speaker 2: It was part of the Thanksgiving tradition. When I was a kid. My mom had this old grinder that I wonder if she's what she did with that, because that thing had to be from maybe the eighteen hundreds literally, because it belonged to like her grandma. But it was just she would put it on the vice, it onto the edge of the table, and we kids would take turns grinding grandberries up with that old piece of metal steel and it was part of the hole making Thanksgiving meal.
Speaker 1: We love that. Joe.
Speaker 3: You can step up your turkey sandwich by adding just a little bit of stuffing on it.
Speaker 1: Oh I said that? Yes, Oh you did? Okay, yeah, you're talking to an artist. Who do you think you're talking? So I don't want you to miss out?
Speaker 2: God, I would eat three of those right now. Very sandwich you described, dang it, I can't wait.
Speaker 1: Funny coincidence that you used an old grinder and Michael spent quite a bit of time on grinder before he was wearried.
Speaker 4: Why this ISSI that was a weird that took a weird turnout, you Joe, I know.
Speaker 2: And to add hominin drive by.
Speaker 1: It was out there. If there's anything wrong with that?
Speaker 2: Michael?
Speaker 1: Are you all right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Fine, I'm just sitting near the studio trying to do my cho.
Speaker 1: Wow, while having weird accusations thrown at you based merely on my inability to let a stupid punchlink.
Speaker 2: Oh man, that was would.
Speaker 1: Like to you know what. I would like to apologize to you, Michael personally, Man to man. Okay, a second, that's settled.
Speaker 2: Wow, I'm getting my meal through the soundtrack. I'm bringing the meal to my parents. My mom's too old to make a Thanksgiving meal at this point in her life, and so it'd be my mom and Dad, my brother, my kids, like I mentioned, and then I, same as last year, got a meal at a pretty high end restaurant there in town and it was really good. I mean it was like a really really good restaurant Thanksgiving meal. Oh yeah, loses some of the charm that it's not homemade, but it was a.
Speaker 1: Letter enough of it. I learned such a valuable lesson. It was, gosh, does Gladys work the podcast these days?
Speaker 3: Or is she she walked away when you said that terrible statement to Michael.
Speaker 1: It was who can blame her? It was about seven years ago at a family reunion at her place, and I commenced to cooking some fancy meals, including a smoked salmon dish with some fancy pants sauce all day, sucker. I mean a lot of work, and you know what, it was good. And I realized if we'd ordered out Chinese or made a pizza or made hamburgers, it would have been at least, depending on who you asked, eighty percent is good, right, there would have been one tenth of the effort.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, that's the thing. You gotta enjoy the process of cooking, like you enjoyed the process if For me, I hate anything to do with cooking, so it's only the result, and you know the result is often not worth the amount of effort as you're implying. But if you like the if you like the process, then it's fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I do a pork shoulder thing. That's just mind bendingly good. That's worth the time and trouble. But in general, what's the two you know? Anyway, where were we? Ah, we were going to clean out the sound fridge. So sorry, metal guy. Man. If I'm not insulting one person, I'm stepping on the toes of an grinder or whatever. It wasn't it was just a play on a term that I anyway. Uh, speaking of eating, here's some woman talking about making pizza healthier. I learned this in college.
Speaker 4: Okay, so you take the pizza, flip it, you drop it, pick up it, drop it.
Speaker 3: Now all the grease is on top and there's no more grease on her pizza.
Speaker 1: Is that weird? I don't think it's weird.
Speaker 2: No, No, that's awful.
Speaker 3: She just ruined the pizza.
Speaker 1: But like it's still in the box and she did that. Yeah, what what was she about?
Speaker 2: Toppings would fall?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's how you get it now and.
Speaker 2: The cheese might stick. The topics should be all for the box. That's the worst. That's the worst life hack I've ever heard.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm back to my viciousness. She needs to shut up and stay off the internet.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: That was terrible. Michael brought it to us.
Speaker 2: Ban her from the internet.
Speaker 1: If you could swipe and right and left so much and pay attention to you know, the quality eclipse.
Speaker 2: Michael, No, I brought it so that you could shame her. That was why it was such a bad.
Speaker 1: Damn once again, you know what, I apologize again, Manda Man Michael, Okay, uh, this is kind of funny sounding that. Go ahead and roll the next one. It doesn't need any set up, Michael. Yeah.
Speaker 4: These people are on a Royal Caribbean trip, you know, the cruise and the ship tilts.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 5: We were in the theater and they were playing a Celindion song from Titanic, and we actually thought it was part of a special effects. The ship started to tips to one side, all the bottles and all the glasses fell off the bar. Oh my god, like wow, this is amazing, and then we realized, look at the cruise faces. This isn't special effects.
Speaker 1: Oh so you thought it was some sort of real commitment to the bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Celine Titanic song and the ship is tipping over.
Speaker 1: Oof. Yeah, this would be great. The passengers will love this. Now, hang with my idea. We play the Titanic song, right, and then I like veers so sharply the ship starts to tip they all poop their pants.
Speaker 2: Hilarious.
Speaker 3: Yeah, playing that song on a cruise seems like a.
Speaker 2: Terrible no kidding. I'm surprised it hasn't been banned from all maritime activities.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, wow, Wow, bad taste, bad idea, not funny and he set up needed for this one. M dog.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is a woman going through McDonald's drive through and she experiences trouble ordering food.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're admitting to a customer you're in the bathroom. I'm in the bathroom, so I can't order a small frye minutes. I have to pee, so can I just wait?
Speaker 3: No, you're telling a contomer through the headphone set that.
Speaker 1: We're not taking your orders at the moment. Me and because you're on I have to pee. How can I take an order if I'm in a bath foom.
Speaker 2: This is a bit much truth.
Speaker 5: I'm not entired to go to the bathroom because you want a small fry.
Speaker 1: Are we buying the authenticity of that clip? Not a chance, you don't think so.
Speaker 4: Now, supposedly this was videotaped by the car.
Speaker 2: But so even if you if you create one of these things, what do you get out of it? You're not going to become rich and famous.
Speaker 1: It's just I don't know, hits.
Speaker 3: I guess it could very well have been recorded from the car, but that could have just been her friend who works there doing that as well.
Speaker 2: Good point.
Speaker 1: That's a good point, Katie.
Speaker 2: I want you to set up this one, Katie, so we can fully enjoy it.
Speaker 3: This is such a dude thing. These are This is a group of guys and are all standing around this light pole that has a very sharp point on the top of it, and they're throwing an apple over it, trying to get the apple to stick to the point.
Speaker 4: Well, jeez, with Cave's not like we're trying to miss a thing on purpose.
Speaker 1: Somebody got it. They skewed the apple.
Speaker 3: They skewed the apple and they just went nuts.
Speaker 2: You can't tell what's going on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Wow, that is such a dude thing to do. I've I've spent so much of my life doing things like that. One of the greatest, smartest, best people in the history of radio since Marconi, Dave Sniff, our boss slash colleague in San Diego for many years. He had a pipe what was it was probably a water piper something pipe that ran through his office almost at ceiling level, but there was like what jack eight inches maybe a foot above the pipe, and so to you got until you got to the ceiling, and he had bean bags in his office and we would sit there you toss bean bags to try to get him to perch on top of the pipe. She had to be careful. You couldn't throw too high or it would hit the ceiling. Had to be exactly right. Man. When you nail that, you booh yeah, you were a champion and you knew it.
Speaker 2: The crowd goes wild, exactly.
Speaker 1: I wish they'd had the trump dance, which is sometimes referred to now as the uh trumpety dance. I'm told, man, I'd have done the trumpty dance right there in his.
Speaker 2: Office and filed it. My son and his friends are like that, or used to be that way with the bottle flipping. You know, you drink half your bottle of water and flip it to could land it on the bottom, and so you can land it on top of the slide or up on a tree branch or whatever the hell.
Speaker 1: I'm convinced that one of the reasons I was a pretty and baseball player back in the days, I had entertained myself by laying on my back and throwing a tennis ball up in the air, and I would catch it with my right hand, then my left hand, and throw out my left hand, catch with my right hand. Then I'd bounce it off something and catch it, and I just I would do that for long periods of time.
Speaker 2: No way you would have done that today watching a video game.
Speaker 1: I'd be a five year old standing on a baseball diamond, bored out of my head in a full uniform, so I look cute for pictures playing a game I couldn't possibly handle. Plus, instead of just playing catch in the yard.
Speaker 2: Plus you'd have spent a lot of time stirring at your phone, so you wouldn't have had time to lay on your back and throw a ball in the air.
Speaker 1: That's a good point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I kind of ended on a down note. Let's go back to making fun of Michaelangelo's sexuality for no reason.
Speaker 3: Oh Michael, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 4: I'm just standing here trying to hit buzz surrounded my dicks.
Speaker 1: Wow. Wow, I was strong.
Speaker 4: Well, I guess that's it.