Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: It's our one on this Thursday, Dan and the Dana's Dan Patrick Show. Glad to have you on board, Stay as long as you like. Everybody's here, the King of Content, Fritzie Seaton, Mar Paully, Yours truly, and the backroom guys ready to go eight seven seven to three. DP Show operator Tyler sitting by. He'll take your phone calls today. And if you're watching on Peacock, thank you for downloading the app. That's our streaming partner. Garage sale, tag sale, yard sale. Wherever you're from, you probably have a different definition, but it all comes down to clearing out inventory. At Danpatrick dot com, it's our garage sale. Everything must Go. Stat of the Day brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards of the program, and this first hour brought to you by them. You can get the hottest Rookies', biggest superstars, the old time greats. It's the only place to collect them all. Panini Trading Cards, the official trading cards of the show, instantly last six autograph cards, memorabilia cards, rare inserts and more. Starter Continue collection now at Pandiamerica dot Net. I'm told that we have a stat of the Day song, a new one that we will debut coming up. When I bring you a stat of the day Nix at the Lakers that is spicy, that's coming up later on tonight. We'll talk a little bit more about that. And you're starting to see some movement here. You got a free agency, you had, you know, the franchise tag moment here for the NFL. It seems like the Vikings are moving on from Sam Darnold, and I think we're going to look back on eight days. Eight days with Sam Darnold in Minnesota probably costume I don't know, one hundred million dollars because he was playing great. They were playing great. If he would have gotten hurt Week fifteen, he probably would have gotten that big contract from somebody and maybe Minnesota. But the eight days that he had end of the regular season post and then they bow out, he was great until he wasn't. And now all of a sudden, the market seems to be drying up a little bit. It's like when you go, oh, if that girl was available, there'd be a lot of guys who'd want to date dater. Then all of a sudden, she's available, and you're like, oh, maybe not. Sam Donald is kind of waiting. Where's he going to land. Daniel Jeremiah, the draft expert for NFL Network, says, if Sam Darnold gets to the market, I'd be very curious to see if Blank got involved. I think he's a clear upgrade for this team that needs to win right now. Todd fill in the blank with Daniel Jeremiah's tweet. I'd be very curious to see if Blank got involved bringing in Sam Donald the Tennessee Titans. Tennessee Titan, Seaton, what about you, Indianapolis called woo woo woop. Yeah, the LPs are ready to win now. Then you feel like that coaching staff has to win now. This goes back to what I said a couple of days ago. There are certain coaching staffs they know they have to win, so the first eight games, nine games are more important to them than any other team. The Giants first eight or nine games, because if you're two and seven, you're probably getting fired. If you're seven and two, you're probably getting an extension. The situation that you have with the Colts that you have with the Giants. Maybe the Arizona Cardinals. There's certain coaching staffs that have been there, and now you've got to prove yourself. Can you bring in Sam Darnold. He's an upgrade over Anthony Richardson. You got to win now, this is a place where I thought Aaron Rodgers could go. They've taken on older quarterbacks or maybe they've learned their lesson, but I thought Aaron Rodgers would be a big upgrade. And that's a team that can win. Now, really good running back. I got Rogers playing half of his season in a dome. You can win the division, be competitive in the division. You can win ten games, and then you're a playoff team. Now, what do you do after that year with Aaron Rodgers? That's the tricky part. But if I'm a coach trying to hold onto my job, you know the Giants coaching staff. According to DraftKings, the Giants are tied with the Titans of who's going to have.
Speaker 3: The number one pick.
Speaker 2: Well, the Titans have the number one pick, which tells you there's a whole lot of momentum of the Giants going up to get cam Ward. Now, if you're the Giants, let's just play this out just a hypothetical. I'm going to give you Sam Darnald and you can draft Travis Hunter. So I got Malik Neighbors, Travis Hunter, Sam Darnald, How good am I? Or we're going to trade some first round picks, maybe a player, and then we go up to get cam Ward, who is not proven and in any other draft would probably be the fourth, fifth, sixth quarterback ticket. But I get the rookie contract. But you got a coaching staff that needs to win now. But that's where you can say, if you're the coach, you go, you know what, we should go get cam Ward and then you know, well, we need a couple of years to develop him. Well, then we'll probably have to keep you on coach. But that might be if I put it in those terms that Sam Donald's going to cost you. You're not going to cost you fifty million dollars, but let's say cost you forty million dollars a year. Maybe you sign him to a three year deal. I get Travis Hunter, and I got Malik Neighbors, and I got them on rookie deals. Okay, now, Sam Donald, kirk Cousins, Aaron Rod, I mean it's kind of I don't know, B B minus level C plus, although the Giants should die for that, you get B minus quarterback play, Like, sure, Well, what's it say about Minnesota that they're going to stay with JJ McCarthy, who got hurt, hasn't played yet, and Daniel Jones, who was the starter with the Giants, is the backup there at least for now, and they're going to let Sam Darnald go unless they can work out a deal. And I think there's still the possibility of can they work out a deal for Sam Darnald. And you know, Mike Florio Pro Football Talk had some wild speculation here, and you know he thought about this, if JJ McCarthy would ask out of Minnesota. Now this isn't a report, but let's say you bring back Sam Donald on a multi year deal. And this is what Mike Florio was talking about. If you're JJ McCarthy, what would you do. Would you go to front office and say, hey, I'm ready to play. Now you were going to make me the starting quarterback. Sam Donald was going to be the backup. Now, once again, this is just Mike Florio speculating here, But if you're JJ McCarthy, you're expecting I think there was a report that he's already been told he's going to be the.
Speaker 3: Starter next year.
Speaker 2: I'm like, okay, But Mike Florio says, what if they bring back Sam Donald. I haven't heard that, but Mike would be in the know there. But that's you know, you still have Russell Wilson, you still have justin Fields. You have a situation with Shudor Sanders. Is he worth taking in the top ten, top five? If he's there for the Giants at three? Do you take him cam Ward? It feels like that makes a lot of sense that it doesn't feel like yet that there's a downside. Now there will be because they're going to put cam Ward under the microscope soon. We have so much time. Time is the enemy of prospects, big time prospects. Maybe a reach for somebody. Maybe there's a question mark. Time is the enemy because if the draft was tomorrow, I'd be curious where Shouldoor Sanders would go. The draft is not until the end of April, and I'm curious what this time period does good or bad to Shudoor Sanders. All right, set, we'll come up with the poll question today. A little later on our good buddy Jim Jackson Fox Sports former NBA player a lot to talk to him about, including the big matchup with the Knicks and the Lakers coming up tonight. I do have over unders here for the Knicks and the Lakers, scoring wise, um Luca over under tonight, Marvin. I'll start with you. Twenty eight and a half, all right. The Knicks are getting four and a half. Paulie over under Luca tonight, according to.
Speaker 4: DraftKings thirty and a half, Todd twenty seven and a half, Seaton twenty six and a half, twenty nine and a half.
Speaker 3: Lebron James over under tonight.
Speaker 4: Paul twenty six and a half.
Speaker 5: Bloop bloop bloop.
Speaker 2: Jalen Brunson over under tonight. Seaton twenty five and a half.
Speaker 3: Woop ploop ploo.
Speaker 2: Guys, Okay, here's the tricky one, the big man who changed the game. Carl Anthony five and a half should be Carl Anthony Towns Marvin.
Speaker 4: Twenty four and a half, Paul slapping the face twenty four and a half, twenty five and a.
Speaker 3: Half, Oh Todd.
Speaker 5: Nineteen and a half, Seaton forty five and one half.
Speaker 2: It's twenty two and a half, twenty two and a half.
Speaker 4: At half.
Speaker 5: I mean it's really like me, which would give him forty five. Get Michael Steph, you know doctor j. Yeah, all the grades who have changed the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, alright, mal rushmore right there, Yeah, that's the best.
Speaker 3: All right, seeing what's poll question for the first hour?
Speaker 5: Well we're starting with two actually, uh, what do you call it? A garass sell yard sale or a tag sail?
Speaker 3: Starting with that?
Speaker 5: And then best destination for Sam Donald. Your four options are the Vikings, Raiders, Colts, Giants.
Speaker 2: Do you guys ever play this game of what you envision a guy to look like in a uniform? And this started for me with Larry Bird. I couldn't imagine Larry Bird in a Laker uniform. I could imagine Magic a little bit more because he played at Michigan State and they wore green. But Larry wearing the Laker gold, I just can't see that Sam Darnald wearing a Giant's uniform. If I'm Sam, I don't want to go back to where I saw ghosts and you know, the meadowlands. I don't know if I want to go back there now. He might not have a big, big opportunity there. Sam Darnold in a Raiders uniform. Yeah, I can see that. Here's one for you. Schadoor Sanders in a Saints uniform, tasty sign.
Speaker 3: Up Colorado colors similar, Yes.
Speaker 4: Paul Easy transition uniform wise.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can see that.
Speaker 5: I could see he's got the like the flair and personality to uh, let's sort of lead a city like that. I could see that.
Speaker 6: That Sunday Night game with the all black Saints uniform and the brand new retro Dion Sanders a chef's kiss.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you can see, you can envision there's certain players where you go.
Speaker 3: I could see him in a uniform like.
Speaker 5: That, him, Kamara Olave, that sort of like all standing there thing.
Speaker 2: Hen Yeah, dude, Taysom Hill, Yeah, dude, yeah Hill. Oh sorry, Yeah yeah. Aaron Rodgers in a Bear's uniform. You couldn't see it, right, you couldn't see it. It's like there was a thirty for thirty on the Heisman Trophy candidates with Peyton Manning and Randy Moss and Charles Woodson, and there was an opportunity, at least a thought that Bill Belichick taking over the Jets. Peyton Manning could have come out after his junior year, could you envision Peyton Manning in a Jets uniform. But that's what they were talking about back then. Yes, Paul, your Saints had the number nine pick of the draft. They were five and twelve. There are a couple picks after the Raiders.
Speaker 4: What if dot dot Shador Sanders drops a few.
Speaker 2: I guess it depends on what happens in free agency here if they if they are going after somebody but don't get somebody now, can you go up and get Shador Sanders? And you know Tom Brady's role in all of this now, he's known Shaudor Sanders a long time. Dion brought Tom in to you know, help mentor Shadoor Sanders.
Speaker 3: But the Saints needs something.
Speaker 2: Now. I would think if I'm the Saints, I'd get Tyler Warren out of Penn State. Then it's a no brainer, like that guy can play right now and could be an All Pro in a couple of years there. But you know, we get fascinated, you know, enticed by what is the shiny object, and Shaudor Sanders will be a shiny object. And you're still you're starting to see even more of this people. It's it's like, hey, it's okay to criticize somebody, So then all of a sudden more people come forward and start criticizing. That's all it took is one anonymous coach saying something about should or Sanders. Then all of a sudden, it's like, hey, you know I'm here, and you know he can't make all the throat. You know he's only six to one and whatever. You know he's not fat. It kind of like, whoa, that happened quickly. Now that will dissipate. He'll do his pro day, he'll be great in his interviews, he'll be cares. But this could be a Dion Sanders backlash from is Dion trying to dictate where his son goes? And I'll go back to when he joined us at the Super Bowl and Dion said he's already started the process of talking to teams. Now I don't know if he's talking to teams about you better draft him or teams you better not draft him. All right, we'll get phone calls coming up. A couple other items here, Joey Bosa, Chargers say goodbye to him.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 2: Max Crosby on the same day got a contract extension. Dk Metcalf wants out okay, the Chiefs have traded an offensive lineman to the Bears. The Chiefs who need offensive linemen, trading an offensive lineman to the Bears, who need an offensive lineman. Ovechkin is nine behind the Great One. Cavaliers have won twelve in a row, and it's the Knicks that the Lakers coming up tonight. A lot of topics to dive into back after this. Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 8: Hey, Steve Covino and I'm Rich David and together we're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio. You could catch us weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 9: Why should you listen to Covino and Rich.
Speaker 8: We talk about everything life, sports, relationships, what's going on in the world.
Speaker 9: We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind.
Speaker 8: The stories in the world of sports and pop culture, stories that well, other shows don't seem to have the time to discuss. And the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together. I mean that says something right, So check us out. We like to get you involved too, take your phone calls, chop it up. As they say, I'd say the most interactive show on Fox Sports Radio, maybe the most interactive show on planetar. Be sure to check out Covino and Rich live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific, And if you miss any of the live show, just search kobeen on Rich wherever you get your podcasts, and of course on social media.
Speaker 9: That's Cavino and Rich.
Speaker 2: I didn't plan on watching the Celtics last night, but then I couldn't take my eyes off the Celtics last night.
Speaker 3: And it's not the guys that you would think.
Speaker 2: It wasn't Jalen Brown and Jason Tatum, Peyton Pritchard and Derek White. Peyton Pritchard had forty three, Derek White had forty one, both career highs. They beat the Blazers. Pritchard and White are the first duo in Boston history to each score at least forty points in the same game.
Speaker 9: Come on.
Speaker 3: Prichard made ten three pointers, Derek White made nine Wow.
Speaker 2: All right, it's a new addition to the stat of the Day catalog.
Speaker 3: Here. Who is that Marvin?
Speaker 7: That is Royal in Michigan.
Speaker 3: Royal in Michigan.
Speaker 2: Stat of the Day brought to you by Panini America, the Official trading cards of the Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 3: Peyton Pritchard. I love Peyton Pritchard at Oregon.
Speaker 2: I didn't know if he could play in the NBA, but he's one of those guys that he had a lot of energy, never stopped, great shooter and ten three pointers.
Speaker 3: Derrick White, mister Olympian had nine.
Speaker 9: Wow.
Speaker 2: If you would have said, hey, give me the two guys in Boston history who scored at least forty points in the same game, you go, oh, Burden McHale of course, right, Tatum and Brown.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Tatum and Brown, Yeah, sure it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, no, it's a Peyton Pritchard and Derrick White forty three and forty one. Shay Gilgis Alexander, speaking of forty one, had forty one. Since the start of last season, SGA has thirty or more points ninety times. Next closest over that span is the Greek Freak with seventy two.
Speaker 5: STATA the j Stata, the j we love your Stata, the.
Speaker 3: Day Stata, the j Stanta, the j oh damn give us.
Speaker 7: Stant of them?
Speaker 3: Okay status, Yes, Paul.
Speaker 4: If you're Brown and Tatum, this can't sit well with you right that you're not on this list.
Speaker 3: Oh, I don't think that would bother me.
Speaker 4: Remember no, this is going back in history. Didn't Kevin McHale set the Celtics scoring record and four days later Larry Bird broke it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Larry said to Kevin, you should have scored more, because that's when Larry torched the Atlanta Hawks In New Orleans, the Raiders are signing Max Crosby to a three year, one hundred and six and a half million dollar extension, so he gets ninety one and a half guaranteed. He's the highest paid non quarterback in NFL history. Love me some Max Crosby, but if you're the Raiders now, you don't want to lose him. But this is where I always wonder does a team know where they are? You're in the AFC West. He's a great player, but how close are you to competing and could you do something that helps you maybe over the next two years that will put you in that category. I mean, Patrick Mahomes is eventually going to get old and act old. But you know that's a you got justin Herbert, you got bon Nicks in there, and you're trying to find a quarterback, and not that you should give him up just so you can get draft picks, but the Raiders need a quarterback. Max Crosby's great, but I just kind of look at them. They're in no man's land. There's there's you know, quite a few teams that feels like that they're just there and maybe not going anywhere. Now, we do see that from last place to first place. It happens a lot in the NFL. That's not going to happen with the AFC West with the Raiders. But you got Max Crosby and on the same day the Chargers said goodbye to Joey Bosa. Now, the difference between Bosa and Max Crosby is two years, but boy, it seems like a lot more than two years. Crosby's great at twenty seven. Joey Bosa at twenty nine might be one of those guys that he goes to a team. Maybe he's a third down specialist. Maybe you're getting for a bargain. He probably is going to be on two more teams after this, but at age twenty nine, and he's been injury prone the last three years. But that one was one of those little bit of a surprise. But you know, they saved twenty five million dollars. So it's a smart movie because Bosa, it felt like, was always injured. And if you're you know, Jim Harball, he's probably saying, I'm one guys who are available, and why am I spending this kind of money on the guy who has the potential to be very disruptive. I mean it's almost like a Jadavian Clowney. You know, Jadavian Clowney I think is still bouncing around never he couldn't miss. Oh my god, the best pro day ever? Remember the Mothership Teddy Bruski. They were all out there and they were talking about Jadavion Clowney. And I made one phone call and it was to a current player and I said, help me understand this that this guy can't miss and the person said, no lower body strength. It's like, oh okay, because he'll be pushed around lo and behold Jadeveon Clowney. Nice career, but it wasn't one of those can't miss. It's like when Reggie Bush came out. We thought, God, Reggie Bush can't miss. And I talked to a scout. He said, you know, he can't run between the tackles, and if you're going to be the running back, you got to be able to run between the tackles lower body. At USC, they were so great it didn't matter and he was electric. But in the NFL it's different, and those proved to be correct. But Jadavian Clowning had one great play that was against Michigan and the outback bull and that was it. We were sold that guy can't miss until he could miss. They got pushed around a little bit. Yeah, Pauling clown he had a decent career. He made three Pro Bowls, two was an alternate. He never had ten plus sacks in the season. Did he have three plus two alternates or three total Pro Bowls? Oh, well then I don't count that. Yeah you're an alternate. Yeah, sorry, So they made one.
Speaker 4: But he may have been the biggest sure thing number one pick of the past years non quarterback. Whereas like there was no discussion when when they were on the clock.
Speaker 2: Probably I'm trying to think, well, how many times do you have a non quarterback?
Speaker 3: Go number one? But yeah, did you look like a superheroh you did? I mean he's yeah, But.
Speaker 2: That's what I get with DK Metcalf, Like I think DK Metcalf should be des Bryant, he should be Tarrell Lewins, he should be unbelievable. Now, all of a sudden, you're going, okay, once out of Seattle, all right, green Bay? Like where do you see him going? And he might end his career where we go?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Helly, he only had X number of catches and it feels like he's a home run hitter where he's great. Hey, he had a over twenty five yard reception. Okay, I just think he should be better than what he is. But it goes back to when he's at Old Miss and everybody's going, have you seen that guy? You see him at the combine? Oh, but he was banged up at Old Miss back injuries. But still in Seattle, he's a highlight guy. Tyler Lockett, Seattle letting him go as well. That's kind of an interesting philosophy. I love Tyler Lockett. I fell in love when he was in college. I remember coming in on that Monday after watching a k State game, I go, that dude is unbelievable. And look, I'm not the noyster Danis, but there are times when you just look at somebody and you go, he's really good. I don't know how that translates to the NFL, but you do fall in love. Like Darren Sprolls once again, another Kansas State guy.
Speaker 3: He's like, I think it was a Big twelve title game.
Speaker 9: I'm like, God, that guy's awesome.
Speaker 2: I don't know if he can play any NFL, but like, I fall in love, but that doesn't mean I'm going to get married to you. I get I'm falling in love with you right now, but who knows. We may separate in a couple of years when you get to the NFL. And but Darren Sproles was a really good player, really good player.
Speaker 6: Yes, Marvin, there was one guy out of Iowa, Brad Banks, the quarterback. I was like, this dude's going to change the game. I'm not sure if you ever played in the NFL.
Speaker 2: He played for the Jets, but I think they he was like a wide receiver or a kick returner number twelve.
Speaker 7: That's the different Banks.
Speaker 4: I think you're thinking Brad Smith the Missouri maybe yes, oh, okay, who played quarterback in Missouri and got a little wide receiver punt return. Okay, all right, Brad Smith checking.
Speaker 7: Okay, all right, Brad's unite.
Speaker 4: I could do this all I'm.
Speaker 2: Profiling here some guy named Brad who wore number twelve returning kicks.
Speaker 4: You and I used to text each other about Woody Danceler.
Speaker 3: Of we loved him Woodrow Danceler.
Speaker 2: But you you know, there's guys who were just great college players and it you know, they always the whatever happened to that guy. I'm famous for whatever happened to that guy, because there'll be a guy you'll see it and you go, man, that guy is so much fun to watch.
Speaker 6: Chance mart Marvin Austin out of North Carolina the d tackle. I was like, whoa Cortes Kennedy two point Oh, here we come.
Speaker 3: Damn, that is a random deep cut by you.
Speaker 7: I thought that we were this is what we were doing here.
Speaker 3: Not that deep. Wow.
Speaker 2: That's uh, that is impressive there, all right. So the Chargers released Joey Bosa. The Raiders are going to pay Max Crosby DK metcalf once out and Joe Tooney, the offensive guard for the Chiefs, got traded to the Bears. And look, Caleb Williams needs to have time. Caleb Williams has to understand how much time he has. That's really the key because what you know. You look at Sachson, you go, well, that offensive line is terrible. Quarterback can make an offensive line a whole lot better, and an offensive line can make a quarterback a whole lot better. But there has to be synchronicity. Caleb Williams can't be holding onto the ball and he does, and that's why he sacks sixty eight times.
Speaker 3: He has to get rid of the ball.
Speaker 2: You have to take your losses literally, and that's what he needs to That's the biggest thing I saw with him is he was trying to improvise. He was trying to be spectacular.
Speaker 3: You can't. It either is there or it's not.
Speaker 2: And if you think you're going to outrun out, fox, out, quick, out smart, think again, they'll eventually catch you. And that was my biggest problem with Caleb Williams. Do I think he's going to be a star. Yes, I thought they were going to be a playoff team.
Speaker 3: But getting Joe Toney, and that's where you go. Man.
Speaker 2: The Chiefs, they got roughed up the offensive line. Well, Tuney was a guard playing tackle, and you know the Chiefs will bring his They drafted somebody who will then go back to left tackle, and they thought, well, he's expendable. And the Bears are going to use Joe Toney, who played with the Patriots, probably as a guarden maybe you know, I don't know how old he is, like thirty two, and he's got to help the Bears.
Speaker 3: But they do need help. Now.
Speaker 2: That was the key when we talked about the Bears going into last season. All I wanted to know is did they improve the offensive line, because if they don't, it doesn't matter whose quarterback it doesn't. We saw that with Mahomes twice in the Super Bowl. As great as he is, he got dominated by the Buccaneers and he got dominated by the Eagles. So maybe the greatest quarterback in history is a mere mortal when you don't have time to throw.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Poey, imagine you're a guy like Joe Toney. He's got four rings, two with New England and Brady, two with Mahomes, and now you go play with the Bears. I know they're not awful. Awful, but that's your career with always in the playoffs. Yeah, always playing deep and now totally changed.
Speaker 2: Max Crosby was on his podcast The Rush with Max Crosby, and he talked about who he want as his quarterback in Las Vegas.
Speaker 11: The first year off an achilles is one of the hardest things to do. You've seen it happen with Kirk had it down here and appled with Aaron. I mean, he struggled, like you said, early on, but he got better as the season went. I think with all the doubt and all the negativity around Aaron Rodgers always needs to retire things like that. You know he's getting caught by the Jets. I think he's going to come back and have a I know he's forty two or forty one.
Speaker 3: Are you saying MVB.
Speaker 12: No.
Speaker 7: I think he's going to.
Speaker 11: Have a big year this year, and I hope it's in our town.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: It sounded like always on the verge of saying no, no, not MVP. But maybe he played great and maybe maybe an our team. What strong do you feel about that, Max? Yeah, he's got a lot left.
Speaker 4: Of the tank and thinking, what's that?
Speaker 3: Would you say? I think he's wondering.
Speaker 4: Maybe we could pick him up, Like he knew this is going to be used. Can I get out of this?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he kind of caught himself where he's going to make a declarative statement about Aaron Rodgers being Look, do I put it past Tom Brady of wanting to bring in Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 3: It's a band aid.
Speaker 13: You know.
Speaker 2: If you're Tom Brady and you're going to be that active in ownership, you want your quarterback. But if you don't love who's out there, then you know, maybe you do bring in Aaron Rodgers. Because the curiosity here is if the Raiders are on the clock and Shadoor Sanders is there, does Tom Brady pass on a kid that he has seen grow up he's help mentor to me would be the real drama there. If they take him, okay, But it's more if they don't take him. That's where it would be telling Paulie and I have a first round bet over under five and a half. First five and a half picks Shadoor Sanders. I saw where Shudor was going to interview with the Titans with cam Ward and I think Abdul Carter, which I thought was interesting, but who knows that could be a smoke screen with bringing who you bring in. I understand Abdul Carter and cam Ward, but Shadoor Sanders unless you move down and you end up taking Shadoor Sanders. All right, we'll take a break. Coming up our play of the day. We'll get to your phone calls, update our poll results after this.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 8: Oh My God.
Speaker 3: Of the DAYK got it playing.
Speaker 9: This is the play of the day.
Speaker 11: Check this out.
Speaker 9: He loose Ramata potty off the drawn loose there and Ovechkin stores colics so that state picks it up on the first side of the gold prise.
Speaker 4: That's goal number.
Speaker 13: Eights eighty five pears ten away from passing Gretzky.
Speaker 3: Thirty two goals this season.
Speaker 2: He scored at least thirty goals in nineteen of his twenty NHL seasons, most of any player in NHL history. At his current pace this season, which is slightly above his career pace, Ovechkin would break the record in the Capitol's seventy seventh game at the Islanders on Sunday, April sixth. That's courtesy of the Camps Radio Network. That's your play of the day. Play the Day brought to you by the pros Express Employment Professionals. They've got you covered. They can help you if you want to build your right, your team correct full time hires, contract replacements.
Speaker 3: They've got you covered.
Speaker 2: Visit Expresspost dot com today and let them handle your hiring so you can focus on growing your business. Uh, Shawn and Oregon, Good morning, Sean. What's on your mind today?
Speaker 14: He had quite a game last night, wasn't it.
Speaker 2: Dan, Yeah, Yeah, your Blazers look really good against the Celtics.
Speaker 14: And uh, you know, what do you think of Tamani Kamara out of Dayton. I mean, look at what he's done this year. I mean, in his second year in the NBA, he was just Defensive Player of the Year. He's had over one hundred and eighty stops, defensive stops. He's second in the NBA and he leads the NBA and taking charges. He's took in more charges the entire than the entire Celtics roster.
Speaker 10: Brother.
Speaker 3: All right, well, thank you Sean didn't think we were going to get that breakdown today, but thank you for that. Rich In Athens, Hi, Rich, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 12: Hey, so, I have a quick question for my new favorite Dannette mister Marvin Trance. I wonder if Marv views himself as the Sheldon Cooper of the DP Show. As we all know Sheldon Cooper photographic memory. Marv, I believe has a little bit of a photographic memory when it comes to sports trivia and knowledge and teams and stats. He gets it right all the time and it's very impressive.
Speaker 3: Okay, Marvin, would you like to answer that.
Speaker 7: I take that as a compliment with the Sheldon Cooper reference.
Speaker 6: I didn't have a life growing up so sports, sports encyclopedias, anything like that. I was reading it, I was watching ESPN Classic all that stuff. You all that, so I guess so, yes, see, who is Sheldon Cooper. He's the main character in The Big Bank Theory played by Jim Parsons.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, so he's like a real like no it all yeah love was his catchphrase, thank you ton, Yeah, Paul.
Speaker 4: I think what's most impressive about Marvin is what he knows about stuff before he was born or before he's of age to watch it. His knowledge of eighties nineties stuff is really impressive.
Speaker 3: Congratulations Marvin, Oh, thank you for not having a life.
Speaker 7: It wasn't much going on as the only child.
Speaker 2: Also, yeah, we got to meet Marv's mom and his grandmother. They stopped by the man Cave a couple of days ago. Your mom raised a good man and me.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Yes, your mom looks tough. She looks like she would be tough.
Speaker 7: Yeah. I always say this about her. She's cool until she's not.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she looks like and she's military correct, so she got no nonsense in her.
Speaker 7: That's right.
Speaker 3: I noticed that right away, Yes, very much.
Speaker 11: So.
Speaker 2: Yeah, went in for a hug, and then I didn't know if she was going in for the hug. Felt like I was going in for more of the hug with your mom, and then all of a sudden, she was like, just quick and that's it. She would take the poll results if you can from the first forty eight minutes of the program.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we got up there right now. The best destination for Sam Donald. Your options are the Minnesota Vikings, Los Angeles Raiders, Indianapolis Colts, or the New York Giants.
Speaker 7: Do you want to guess.
Speaker 3: The Colts.
Speaker 5: They're in second place with twenty nine percent of the vote. Okay, Raiders, they're in third place with twenty six percent of the vote. The Giants. The Giants are in last place with five percent of the vote. That would be your Minnesota Vikings coming in with about forty one percent.
Speaker 4: Mmmm, stay right where he is.
Speaker 2: Okay, boy, that can't make JJ McCarthy happy. Mike Florio floated this out on Pro Football Talk. He'll join us coming up in about a half hour. That if you bring back Sam Donald, does JJ McCarthy say no, I'm not going to hang around for a couple.
Speaker 3: Of years here.
Speaker 2: I don't know what leverage would have to do that, but we'll talk to Florio about that. Eight seven seven three DP Show email address DP at Danpatrick dot com, Twitter handle a DP show Jeff and Tampa.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Jeff. What's on your mind today?
Speaker 13: Good morning DP five three one fifty five. This course is kind of for you, went for Paulie. Having grown up in the neighborville of our area of been a Bears fan all my whole life, and I know we desperately need to improve the offensive line, and Caleb does hold the ball too long. But if Genty is sitting there at ten, do you look into that becaus then, like you know, starting the rug game, or you just focus on the old.
Speaker 4: Lot breaking down the Bears. I would say, don't take a running back early. That's a luxury pick and you need everything but that, especially offensive defensive line. Ashton Genty is for teams that are already set.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I see Ashton Genty with the Raiders and the Cowboys in mock drafts and those teams aren't set. But if I'm the Bears, if you want to develop Caleb Williams, then strengthen your offensive line. But Ashton Genty is going to be a top fifteen pick. And you know, I saw the Raiders, and I saw the Cowboys and a lot of mock drafts there. Mark in Virginia him, Mark, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 10: A DP got a question for you and the Danets. What sports deathbed confession would you most like to hear? For example, if it's Franco Harris and the Immaculate Reception that he might say the ball touched the ground, or with Michael Jordan and the flu game that he might say I was hung over. So what sports deathbed confession would you in the Danets, Well, I.
Speaker 2: Think Franco made the catch. That wasn't the controversy. It was who did the ball hit you? Jack Tatum hitting Frenchy Fuqua, and if it's off an offensive player, you know there's a rule that's him back then. But Franco made the catch. To me, the most incredible thing out of the Immaculate Reception is the camera work that focused on Franco Harris, who was just running down the field. But I remember Tony Dungee telling me when he was with the Steelers, Franco ran out every play, no matter what it was, he always ran as to the end zone. And you know, the greatest play, biggest play, and one of the biggest plays in NFL history, was him just doing what he did in practice, always hustling, and he was there for the ricochet scoring the touchdown. And also the fact that we don't know where that football is. Those are two of the more interesting things with that Jordan on his deathbed. That's not what I want to know from Mike. I want to know about gambling and did you get suspended by the commissioner I don't care.
Speaker 3: Do I think he was hungover? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Probably so, remember it was the flu and then it was food poisoned. Like we can't even get the story right. Do I think it was probably? Maybe combination? Maybe maybe, but that I would want to know, did Mike get suspended for gambling by the commissioner? Anybody else that you care? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I want to know why Bill Belichick didn't play Malcolm Butler.
Speaker 9: In that game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's holding on to that, Yes, Todd.
Speaker 7: I want to hear from Barry Bonds to finally admit publicly he cheated at how he cheated, how much he took, what he took, and everything associated with that.
Speaker 2: It feels I mean, I feel like I already know that story that his trainer went to prison, but Barry, you know, tried to skirt that that, Hey, I only took what he gave me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like what if on his.
Speaker 5: Deathbed he got there and you're like, so why did you do everything?
Speaker 3: And be like I didn't, very very you can be honest with me. I am being honest. I didn't. You can tell me I did not. What if the truth is he really didn't. The truth is the truth.
Speaker 5: The truth is I really didn't. I really didn't do everything they said I did.
Speaker 3: Put your head like it's so much bigger. That happens sometimes, Yeah it does.
Speaker 7: I didn't.
Speaker 2: I'm retaining water, is what I'm doing. Mike Floria from Pro Football Talk will join us. Why this mere campaign with Shudhor Sanders and how much will that affect his draft stock? One hour in the books on this Thursday. Two more to go with Fritzy Seaton, Marv Pauli, and yours truly back after this