Speaker 1: Anyone in the draft that you like, think is special or like sleeper, any any draft analysis from you.
Speaker 2: I mean, I have my my few. I think you know.
Speaker 3: Asy Fudd from Connecticut is clearly gonna be on everyone's Everyone wants her as they should. I think as would be good. I think I think that she is very dynamic, she can shoot.
Speaker 2: She's a smart player, She's a team player.
Speaker 3: If I were on a team that needs a big I would get the UCLA girl.
Speaker 2: That's so. I think she's big. She has a lot of potentials. She I mean she needs some work, but great body, great, great feel for the game. She'd be good.
Speaker 3: Olivia Miles who was at Notre Dame now at TCU, she's going to be pretty good.
Speaker 2: Lage from Meloshoot. She's also a rapper too, so that could be kind of fun. I think she has. It is so weird because people who dominate in college, like you have to be.
Speaker 3: Able to figure out your role and like, it's just so different. The college and pros are so so different. But I do think that if she gets the right fit, she could be really freaking good in the pros.
Speaker 2: All of them could.
Speaker 4: So if you had the top pick, which one of those girls can take.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a that's a great question. I think I would.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: Episode thirty six of the Show Me Something Podcast, brought to you by the Lovely Beautiful men and women at Arby's. So before we get into it, I bought something on Amazon last week?
Speaker 4: What is it?
Speaker 2: You bought it?
Speaker 5: Oh? It's so nice?
Speaker 2: Dude, hasn't been so great? You're wow, your face is looking like tighter?
Speaker 5: Do I look good? Thank you? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Does it feel so good?
Speaker 5: Yeah? It's lovely.
Speaker 1: For the listener, it's like a wand it gets cold and it like I don't know, but they used it on Sophie and I Yeah, and it gets hot.
Speaker 5: Wait. Also, Sophie, your audio is like not your microphone? Good? Yeah? Sweet? Where do you pick that up? I got keV, it's the good name. We have a producer in the studio. Thanks once. Now, yep, is that my web?
Speaker 4: That's so much better?
Speaker 2: Kevin, get your shit together?
Speaker 5: Oh it's way better.
Speaker 1: Uh, Okay, when when did we talk last?
Speaker 3: I don't know, like a week, But I feel like you have a lot of energy today and I'm I'm really liking it.
Speaker 1: Well for those also just listening, Sophie's forty minutes late. So I've been sitting here talking to keV, just holding on to information.
Speaker 2: Okay, well here's my thing.
Speaker 3: I thought I still had another forty minutes because I didn't know that the freaking time change.
Speaker 2: So I was waiting.
Speaker 1: Oh, this brings us back to like our second episode, keV, when you're talking about there two states that don't change during daylight savings. You guys don't move your clocks when everyone else does, dude.
Speaker 3: So I so I had. I had no idea that other people move their clocks. I don't even know when that happened.
Speaker 5: Non needn.
Speaker 1: I guess I have a lot of real clocks in my apartment, but obviously I don't like check them for time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I guess I gotta in my microwave. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I see.
Speaker 6: I didn't want to call attention to the issue because these are back to back producer problems that I did not fall so with that.
Speaker 2: Being good, dude, I had no idea.
Speaker 3: So Kevin texted me and was like, hey, are you're gonna Hey, girl, you're getting on the podcast.
Speaker 2: I'm like, dude, I got forty minutes.
Speaker 3: I was like, literally, I just got back home from pilates and I went to I know I was going to take like a thirty minute nap psych house plates hard today, Oh my gosh, I was sweating horror, a lot of core, a lot of oh yeah glue core, Yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Do does the team insists that you take plates or is that your own own?
Speaker 3: Honestly no, So this is the last kind of couple of years pilates has really, I think for the w kind of become a thing. I get my like four or five times a week, and I get my ass kicked and plates.
Speaker 5: You're doing plates five times a week.
Speaker 3: Kind of more four, but I try to get five in if I'm here, And like, because you still it's so good for like the smaller muscles and all that, but like you still need to lift and like train basketball. But I'm not kidding, Like I've seen my body make a little difference.
Speaker 2: You should get into it.
Speaker 1: I we did my this summer before my senior year. The DB's we all did. We had to go to pilates. It was like the DV coach we had at the time, how to so all do it and it's hard, It's really hard. I also heard there's there's NFL running backs that take ballet yep, yep, which I'll probably explain this wrong, but like it's just so good for like small muscles in your legs and balance and shit that like that's so healthy.
Speaker 5: It's so healthy.
Speaker 2: No, it really is kind of cool.
Speaker 3: And I think this is actually I'm not going to get into I'm gonna wait until I go on my rant J lab.
Speaker 2: My day, but I'm just gonna give you a little sneak peek.
Speaker 3: Is like I think kids nowadays choose one sport and that's all they do. Where it's like, dude, look at collegiate athletes, look at the pros, like we are cross training, people do ballet, people do yoga, people do mountain biking, people do swimming, Like it is so important because then you just move and use other muscles that you normally would it in your sport.
Speaker 6: You know, I looked it up. Herschel Walker and Barry Sanders both did ballet. They're like generational grades. Maybe we're all just sleeping on the here.
Speaker 3: No, that is like that is a big thing that a lot of football players, especially kind of like the bigger guys. They do it for their balance and for like their core and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: I don't know, So.
Speaker 5: I hope coach of Fadala does not listen to this podcast. He didn't.
Speaker 1: He didn't like football players cross training. Why nice, because he wanted us to do his like speed program in the spring. And yeah, I mean I he I would do football workouts and then track workouts, which is probably not good for your body. But I know me Bush and like that might have been it. Like Elijah p maybe.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, oh my gosh, I forgot about him, yeah.
Speaker 1: P d Okay, this week WNBA news. We hadn't talked about WNBA a lot until like last week.
Speaker 5: Yeah, any any movements.
Speaker 3: So today is March tenth, so this is like the day that there has to become an agreement or we I think season gets pushed back. If both sides stop negotiating, then that's when a lockout would come about, which oh yeah, but we're hoping that doesn't happen. All I know is that our executives and there's in the league they are meeting later this afternoon and later this evening.
Speaker 2: Okay, but can I say something?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, well, I'm like we would we'll know, we'll know within forty eight hours.
Speaker 3: No, we have to know tonight. Oh we will, okay, But here's my here's my thing is they chose March tenth, and like if they get the deal done today, great, like everyone will be happy, right, but it also would kind of make me mad because since they know that it is today, they could have been this urgent.
Speaker 2: All along, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: You're going to say that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you kind of get what I'm saying a little bit?
Speaker 5: No? Yeah, of course I knew where you were going when you started talking.
Speaker 2: Yes, that cinely.
Speaker 1: If it doesn't happen. So the draft is coming up? Yeah, does the Does that fuck up the draft?
Speaker 2: Dude?
Speaker 3: I think I don't know, Like nobody knows, you know what I mean, Like, it's all dependent on our CBA, because our CBA, our start time can be different, are the compensation, the free like it all just is so.
Speaker 2: Dependent on it.
Speaker 3: It's not a lot of new things. So it's all dependent on today. You know, we'll see what happens. Our favorite game day memories, well, they don't always happen on the court. Sometimes they happen in the hotel lobby or over a pre game meal and Marriott bon Boy knows this best.
Speaker 1: As the official hotel partner of the NCAA. They've seen coaches deliver pep talks over breakfast, legendary players and mascots warm up, fans, bond over shared rituals, and much more. They know the moments before and after the game make for the stories that last a lifetime.
Speaker 3: This March Madness, we're excited to share some of them with you in a limited podcast series, Live from the Bracket, brought to you by Marriott bon Boy. We're talking all things college hoops, travel and fandom with special guests and unforgettable experiences.
Speaker 2: You can be a part of.
Speaker 1: First Up for just one married bond Boy point, you could score sweet tickets to the Women's Final four and attend to taping of our podcast through Mary bon Boy Moments.
Speaker 3: The drop will occur on March sixteenth at three pm Eastern, and be sure to move fast. Packages are limited and first come, first serve, But.
Speaker 5: If you miss it, don't worry. More surprises will be coming soon.
Speaker 3: We're taking March Madness above and beyond, and you'll want to stay tuned Marriott Bonvoy where game day checks in.
Speaker 1: Are you someone who like do you follow the draft when you're on like are you following what your team does or do you like to just figure it out when everyone shows up?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm not sure of it. Different, no one's a part of a team right now.
Speaker 5: But just like general.
Speaker 3: If I was, I am someone who the draft is so weird and like if there's like good classes, then I'm definitely like following it to kind of see.
Speaker 2: But like I normally the draft is weird because like.
Speaker 3: People don't really stick, so like your top five maybe two of them stick.
Speaker 2: Like it's just so weird.
Speaker 3: But I do think like last year's draft was really good, the year before that was clearly really good. This year, I think there's gonna be some like key players that are going to be good, but like it's all about opportunity and if if that team needs what.
Speaker 2: That player gives, you know what I mean. Like it's very weird of.
Speaker 1: Course, I just think I think drafts are like kind of overhyped. To be honest, I think the first few rounds of the NFL draft do matter, but like nothing else, I don't know, Like it's weird like once the teams, at least for the NBA, when teams are set up in the lottery, like you already know who they're gonna get, Like then, yeah, that part's already established. Yeah, but do you have anyone like would you follow them zoo girls?
Speaker 3: I do, but none of them will get drafted like there, Yeah, but they some will go pro, some will go overseas.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: So that's the whole thing too.
Speaker 1: If like basketball, least that football doesn't have is like even if you're not in the w NBA or NBA, like your professional career is so very much possible.
Speaker 2: Wait, don't doesn't football have like the Canada League and like.
Speaker 1: Canadian Canadian League but it's not not really good. Canadian League is the only other league I would say that has like a bit of substance to it. Like I some of my friends from college are into Europe to play football, and it's just like.
Speaker 2: There's no there's that's just not a thing.
Speaker 1: But I mean I guess there's some they're getting their houses paid for and stuff, so like it's cool. I just I don't. I don't think it's worth that chasing the dream.
Speaker 2: Yeah, playing you know, I hear that.
Speaker 5: Whatever you have to be a hater like chase your dream.
Speaker 3: No, you're not being a hater, But I also think you're being realistic, Like, so is it is the sacrifice worth right?
Speaker 1: You know, especially football when you're killing yourself. Yes, every day. Anyone in the draft that you like think is special or like sleeper, any any draft analysis from you?
Speaker 2: I mean I have my my few. I think you know.
Speaker 3: Azy Fudd from Connecticut is clearly going to be on everyone's Everyone wants her as they should. Did it check out at U c l A big girl, she's good. Olivia Miles who was at Notre Dame now at TCU, she's going to be pretty good.
Speaker 2: Who else do we have?
Speaker 1: Oh, how here's a fun question.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Fla from Meloshoe. She's also a rapper too, so that could be kind of fun.
Speaker 5: Fun fact. Interviewed her at Complex last year.
Speaker 2: How was it?
Speaker 5: She was good, she was fun, and then she filmed.
Speaker 1: A music video in our studio. I have video footage of it. We were like throwing money, like onto the stage. Yeah, that's where she did a whole music video in our studio.
Speaker 3: I think she has It is so weird because people who dominate in college, like you have to be able to figure out your role in like it's just so different. The college and pros are so so different. But I do think that if she gets the right fit, she could be really freaking good in the pros, all of them.
Speaker 1: She's still rapping, I think. So I wonder if she can do both the big leagues.
Speaker 3: Probably, I mean, especially if W seasons only for that amount of time and then a.
Speaker 5: Lat of studio time about to open up flage.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, girl, I'm a fan.
Speaker 6: So if you had the top pick, which one of those girls are you taking?
Speaker 3: Oh, that's a that's a great question. I think I would. I think as would be good. I think I think that she is very dynamic, she can shoot, she's a smart player, she's a team player. But I also think like if I were on a team that needs a big, I would get the U.
Speaker 2: C l A girl. But so I think she's big. She has a lot of potential.
Speaker 3: She I mean, she needs some work, but great body, great, great feel for the game.
Speaker 5: She'd be good.
Speaker 1: Uh. Are there any teams in the W and I could be wrong that don't have a big five and they just play like all smalls?
Speaker 3: Dude, A lot of teams are going non traditional bigs anymore. So you want like stretch forwards who can shoot. You wanna Yeah, and a five who is like a stewie who she can shoot. She's kind of a four more. But you have JJ John Crell Jones who's there five and she can shoot and she can handle the ball, big girl.
Speaker 5: Like, Yeah, a lot of.
Speaker 3: People don't have traditional post players anymore. But that's actually a great point that you brought up, because a lot of bigs unless they're like super dominant, you know, like down low, unstoppable. Fine, but like like if you're an Asia Wilson, yeah, sometimes she can knock down the three. But like nowadays, your big people even need to know how to handle the ball and need to know how to shoot. But that's how the game is trending. NBA is already there.
Speaker 5: I was gonna say, NBA has clearly been that way for a minute. You.
Speaker 1: I think we've talked about this before, But do you find the W NBA game it's always they're always gonna be different sports. But like, do you find trends kind of trickle down to the W? Yeah, or do they just happen naturally like on their Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think naturally they happen.
Speaker 5: But I also think I'm totally interrupting it. I'm so sorry, but like you're fine.
Speaker 1: I mean, CC is what Steph Curry was so like, but I would say that you don't even have to contribute that to the NBA. That's like fully her game that like changed changed college basketball and like you could argue now will change the W.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 2: I totally agree with you.
Speaker 3: I think it naturally changes because the game naturally evolves. I think the men it just kind of evolves quicker. But you do see like trends in the and our coaches and like our scouts in our front office, they see what works in the NBA, and they naturally want to use that because the think about it, if a W team is doing something that was working twenty years ago and then you have a fresh new mindset kind of coming in of like doing this action instead and it's working, you're getting it from the NBA. So that's why I hate when people are like the W wants to do nothing like the NBA. It's like no, like they are successful, they do it really well, like try to copy that if it fits your system.
Speaker 5: They you know what they don't do well?
Speaker 1: PSA, tell me hold fun family events at Atlanta Hawks game.
Speaker 2: Oh, here we go, here we go, let's get into it.
Speaker 5: Dude.
Speaker 3: I saw right when they canceled the Magic City that you guys were gonna have a lot to say about that.
Speaker 5: I I storied it and put like, this is a disgrace, Like you should be ashamed. Okay for anyone who.
Speaker 1: Doesn't know NBA or excuse me, the Hawks, we're gonna hold a Magic City Night, which is an iconic strip club, but a strip club that has like a five star kitchen.
Speaker 5: It's like an institution, an institution in Atlanta.
Speaker 1: They weren't gonna have like strippers, like shaking ass in the aisles and stuff, but it was just like a nod to something that makes that's unique to Atlanta. And Kevin what some player from Was it from Utah? No?
Speaker 4: No, no, no.
Speaker 1: The dude who rode in and said it was like inappropriate, Oh, Luke Cornett.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Luke Cornett.
Speaker 2: Oh he's the one who said it was inappropriate.
Speaker 1: But then Al Horford Al Horford quote tweeted his tweet and said, like, great take. So they're like a couple of people who kind of tried to call it out. But then yesterday mind you, mind you the day after International Women's Day, the NBA pulled the plug and said Atlanta can't do it. So Atlanta had to post it things saying like we really disappointed, like we're you know, the NBA gets final say blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 5: But they were gonna have.
Speaker 3: They already have the gear and stuff. People are still trying to get, like the gear that was already made, Like the shirt is.
Speaker 5: Going to be merched.
Speaker 1: I think t I was performing at half and then they had two wing flavors that Magic City cooks up and they were.
Speaker 5: Gonna serve those and now now for what for nothing? Dude?
Speaker 3: That is funny funny, But how does the NBA, Like, how did Adam Silver not hear about it sooner?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 5: Wait, no, he definitely heard about it.
Speaker 1: He just like it got to a point where he was like, I think the right thing to do is pull it.
Speaker 2: Which did you have to cancel your flight?
Speaker 1: I quote tweeted it and said like this has cemented me as a college hoops guy.
Speaker 3: But speaking of leagues, our boy Travis Kelcey back on the Chiefs baby.
Speaker 1: One more year, twelve mil Wow. Here's the thing with I've had A lot of people actually asked me. They're like, do you think he'll retire? I said no, and then I said yes.
Speaker 2: And then I wait, wait, you mean after last year?
Speaker 1: Yes, after last year. I didn't think after being in the playoffs for like ninety five percent of his career and then making the Super Bowl the last week. I didn't think he was going to go out like that, like the way the Chiefs went out. Yeah, But then I thought, does he want to go through a whole offseason and potentially weeks one through four or five without Patrick? Because that's a long A football offseason is long and like OTA's fall camp, like those are not fun. What does he want to do that with a random backup for.
Speaker 5: At his age?
Speaker 1: And I thought, no, he'd felt like writing on the wall.
Speaker 5: But he's staying. It's official, not really a hometown discount at all. But I mean, he doesn't. I wouldn't. He doesn't need to take less money. But you'd think the Chiefs would, like, I don't know if they low balled him and he brought it back up, but you're good. So he's staying.
Speaker 1: And then also, while we're on the topic of free agency, the chief signed Kenneth Walker, running back from the Seahawks.
Speaker 5: He was Super Bowl MVP, Arbi's athlete.
Speaker 2: I knew I liked him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So chief signed a running back who is an MVP and has the meats, which is great news for everyone.
Speaker 5: The Lions just signed Isaia Pacheco. What he so he's gone? I mean that was gonna happen. Yeah, ah, he is a Jersey boy.
Speaker 2: Do you think that they're just chasing money?
Speaker 1: I mean, what do you think? Like he was gonna get more in Detroit than the Chiefs were gonna pay him. We just like brought someone else in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, quick.
Speaker 1: NASCAR moment here because sof and I had an unreal time at the race in Atlanta back in February.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was one of those events. For the second you walk in, you're like, okay, this is different. The sound, the speed, the crowd, pure energy.
Speaker 1: And loud, like really loud in the best possible way. The cars are flying by, people are on their feet, everyone's into it.
Speaker 3: It's the kind of atmosphere where, even if you've never really watched the race before five minutes in, you are so locked in.
Speaker 1: And the fans that don't know how to do it right too, tailgates everywhere, Grill's going, people hanging out all day.
Speaker 2: Plus this is one of my favorite parts.
Speaker 3: You can literally bring your own cooler like NASCAR said, yeah, bring the party with you.
Speaker 1: And one of NASCAR's biggest races of the year is coming up on April twenty six, the Jazz Links five hundred at Talladega super Speedway.
Speaker 3: Be sure to check it out at three pm Eastern Time on Fox, or have a hell of a time by checking the action out for yourself. Tickets are available at Tela Superspeedway dot com. I also love how people are like companies are sending you castroll dishes.
Speaker 1: Dude, dude, I got so much like fine china and dishware this past week.
Speaker 5: Ha.
Speaker 1: I had i Instagram yesterday, but someone sent me a shirt that said I heard cast.
Speaker 5: Rolls see the things. It's just like it just never stopped.
Speaker 2: I love that though. I think it's awesome. I truly think it's awesome.
Speaker 1: Like what what network TV chefs are still famous like Bobby Flay, Rachel Right, she aren't they all canceled? Just Pauladine, Richard Ray's not canceled right?
Speaker 5: Still on it?
Speaker 2: Sorry, I'm starving. I needed to eat something.
Speaker 6: Iron chef, and the curtain reveals is just less like who made this breakfast cast role?
Speaker 2: It was me, bitch, what who's the girl that you cook with all the time?
Speaker 5: Oh, wire in front of your camera? But great question.
Speaker 3: Her name time out, you're really on the producer today.
Speaker 5: Her name's Test.
Speaker 1: We met like three years ago, and she's like pretty self taught and she but she's a full time like TikTok chef and she is.
Speaker 5: I mean, well once, she's like an angel from having she seems awesome, so cool.
Speaker 1: But I always show up and we have like these loose ideas and and she just knocks it out of the park every time. And then every time she cooks without me, I'm like I get foam. Everything she makes is like she also cooks like everything's like hearty, like bratworsts and cheeseburgers and pasta and dump like it's just she's the best, and she's she just got engaged.
Speaker 3: I know she's talked about her before on the pod.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's lovely, like they're they're like the coolest people of all time.
Speaker 5: Dude, she just had a birthday. Did she should be hot? Should she be hot? Girll the week? I was gonna give it to mother Nature, but let's do fucking tests.
Speaker 2: Why bother nature?
Speaker 5: Because it was warm and everyone's like outside. I like that. I know, let's do let's do test. It was her birthday on Friday.
Speaker 2: All right, so you want to get into hot girl the week.
Speaker 1: Hack gir all the week. Mine is lamb chop at Lamb chop h. I cooked with her sometimes, but she also cooks on her own and with other friends. She's the fucking goat coolest person ever. I just I I could talk.
Speaker 3: About her, well, I will say the cheese that you guys made for those cheeseburgers that looked banging, dude, that like looks so good.
Speaker 1: So that's the thing that actually it was the thing in Japan like did it first, and then fucking Applebee's tried to make it a thing and so everyone was like is this from Applebee's And I was like, no, it's not.
Speaker 3: That is like the most typical like American thing ever of like like the Japanese people like killing it and then all of a sudden applebee takes it over. So typical typical.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but also she's tak her all the week because just had birthday and engaged to someone who I love just as equally dude.
Speaker 3: So because I bet her fiance, I bet she she's living the best life.
Speaker 2: Considering she gets like the best food made for her all the time.
Speaker 1: She she did a TikTok last year, if I remember correctly, that was like everything my fiance. It was probably girlfriend at the time, everything my girlfriend made for me. And it was just a video of test handing her all the plates, oh, like like ramen with like homemade dumplings, like tomahawks with dude.
Speaker 5: Yeah, just unreal. I can only imagine.
Speaker 3: I feel like you're a pretty good cook, though, like when you do learn a lot from her and not really.
Speaker 1: No absolutely, but like I also she chops, like she's really good at chopping. I just like, do some things you just do the way you have been doing it your whole life.
Speaker 3: But you're also like not a professional, Like it makes sense why you don't.
Speaker 5: I made I made breakfast today.
Speaker 1: I did a little egg scramble with some homemade sausage links that some I got sent.
Speaker 3: I made homemade pizzas mm hmm, so good.
Speaker 1: Uber Eats actually sent me like castroal ingredients to just like be cute with roses.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, just like do you have those two? Do you want to go grab them?
Speaker 5: I've gotten up too much. I know.
Speaker 2: I saw you look over there. You're like, should I go get them?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Uh but yeah, so that's my HAWT girl. You're up?
Speaker 2: Okay, my HOWT girl a week?
Speaker 3: I know we talked about earlier, but it has to be my pilate's instructor. Her name's Taylor. Yeah, she's a freaking beast. Her her pretty much husband. Uh and her have this cutest kid named Halo.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, so cute.
Speaker 3: She comes to our classes sometimes, but she kicks my ass and I feel so good. So I'm just shouting out Taylor for getting me into shape.
Speaker 5: Taylor, this is my PSA. Don't take it easy on Sophie.
Speaker 2: Okay, she doesn't listen to this. The other day, so we talk.
Speaker 3: We chat the entire time because I do kind of private lessons and she messed up the springs last time, and I was doing these abs and I'm like, wow, like I know, I took a couple of days off, but like I felt like I couldn't do anything and she goes, oh my gosh, I can't even do that, and she's like a professional polates person. But we get yapping and we kind of get distracted, but she's the best.
Speaker 1: I always love and yoga plates when they come and like they just touch your spine ever so nice and you know, like I'm gonna be okay, Like they just help you like get situated and like lower this, tuck in here, like blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: Here's this that doesn't happen. But where are you going?
Speaker 4: Just a.
Speaker 2: Love that maybe I need to go try there?
Speaker 5: What else do we have?
Speaker 4: What we got so we can turn to some headlines here?
Speaker 6: Okay, guys, So this has been making the rounds to slide into dms or not to slide. So Team USA hockey hero Jack Hughes and and pop singer Tate mcray are exclusive. He slimmed the dms and it worked out. Also, Cameron Brink recently shared her love story with her fiance Ben Felter, and Ben said he sent an email instead of sending all that and that seemed to work.
Speaker 4: So what do you guys think sliding dms? Crazy? Yes, no emails?
Speaker 1: How we I just opened a DM that says here to shoot my shot in parentheses and probably miss I'm not good at ball, how weirdly specific.
Speaker 5: Also, Jay McCray.
Speaker 1: And Jackie's been dating for like a while.
Speaker 5: I feel like have they She was.
Speaker 1: Spotted like right after she broke up with the kid Larroy and was like walking around New York and I remember being like I was like a Devil's player out of all the cool people in New York.
Speaker 5: Yeah, a devil, but he's he's a beast. I mean he won us the gold medal. So yeah, I'm pro. I'm pro DM sliding. There's no harm. Just don't be wee, don't be creepy, don't be a weirdo.
Speaker 1: Actually, here's a tip, pro tip, soapbox, this is what you do, okay, oh god, you don't DM and say like hey, or like what are you doing or like a cheesy pickup line.
Speaker 5: Wait for the moment you have something in common with somebody.
Speaker 2: A story when you call it out.
Speaker 1: So like if they're if they're in Portugal, you say, I was at a wedding in Portugal, go to blah blah blah restaurants, and then you're like not being a creepy, fucking weirdo, and it feels like a natural occurrence to reach out to somebody.
Speaker 3: D you're a pro, but that's like common sense, like, don't be weird.
Speaker 5: No, it's not dude, guys for the guys are so bad.
Speaker 3: Why girls, we should do a segment and just go through our weird dms.
Speaker 1: Oh, I mean I could do that for hours. So we get d ms about Sophie all the time.
Speaker 3: Dude, I get put in these like I don't you know how you have to like go do you go to your request?
Speaker 5: Yeah? But it's so hard to get there. Why you have to like scroll down? And oh, guys these dms?
Speaker 1: So I just said castrole king on a building and it's a picture of me and Sophie. O.
Speaker 2: Y do that's dope? That is so funny. Wow, dude, I don't even say it theems. You should say that.
Speaker 1: This is who sent it, Meghan Bark, Meghan BURKACKI.
Speaker 5: I was just gonna say, Meghan, it's Meghan, just Meg? Yeah, all right, Meg? Good looks.
Speaker 2: Cassero king. I love that. That makes me happy.
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 2: Friends.
Speaker 3: Quick food update, Arby's just rolled out something new and it's honestly kind of ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Meat and Three box is hitting the streets for seven ninety nine, so walk them through it.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 3: Step one, you pick your sandwich, classic grossed beef, Crispy Chicken or the new Krispy Fish.
Speaker 2: All solid, no bad decisions.
Speaker 1: Here, and then Arby's keeps the lineup coming. You get the curly fries, the mazzireal sticks, and a peach cobbler.
Speaker 3: Roll, which, by the way, that peach cobbler roll might be the sleeper star of the whole box.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying.
Speaker 1: Oh, and they didn't forget to drink either. So yeah, it's called Meat and three, but you're actually growing out with five.
Speaker 3: Items five thanks for seven ninety nine, and it's all those classic Arby's favorites you already know and love.
Speaker 1: So whether it's lunch, dinner, or you just need something that actually fills you up.
Speaker 2: The Meet in three box is your go to move.
Speaker 3: What we're even talking about, Oh, sliding in the DM No, I think nowadays, especially if you're not in the same area, go go slide, And I think that's totally fine, but I think I would have more respect for people who come up in person.
Speaker 1: No, uh yeah, but no, you want people, you want people pulling up on you, like like anywhere but a bar.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you're at a bar, you're at a bar.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying so many people high behind social media, but like you want, like what are you like in real life? But I don't I'm not. I am not opposed to sliding in the dms. Slide in those dms.
Speaker 6: I actually think that's a great follow up question because so if you say you like the in person exchanges, so like you know a lot of people now sometimes they don't be drinking, right, So like if it's not if it's not a bar where this is acceptable, Like is it acceptable at the gym?
Speaker 2: Why you talk me about that?
Speaker 1: Even guys who try to like be friends at the gym, I'm like, don't fucking talk to me. I see so many guys hit on girls at the gym, and I'm like, leave her the fuck alone, dude. And I just feel like, as a girl, you'd feel it kind of vulnerable because there's always gonna be more men in the gym and you're wearing like athletic clothes, which are sometimes just by nature more revealing. I just I would not want to I would hate working out if every time I went to work out, some fucking douchebag in a tank top and headphones was.
Speaker 5: Like you like needed help like.
Speaker 1: Getting your weights. I see it every day and it's miserable. When I lived in Las Vegas, the dudes like everyone just like it was like everyone was just like making out in the gym, and I was like, what what the.
Speaker 5: Fuck is going on here? Not actually, but like everyone was flirting?
Speaker 2: Dude, Can I say something?
Speaker 5: Can we not?
Speaker 3: I I'm so glad that you actually kind of said this, because dude, the it is like people don't even work out, Like everything is just like show how big your ass is, even though it's a bbl or its shot up with shots like show your your fucking fake tits like in all these guys yeah same, yeah yeah, but no, but for real, Like I'm just like, do we I think I like more of a grimy gym, Like I like a like We're one that you can like really get after it and like sweat and it's like it's not based on You're like, it's not sexualized.
Speaker 2: Everything is so sexualized here and.
Speaker 5: It's like so that tracks like so hardcore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the gym I go to now is actually very it's not try hard and it's not.
Speaker 5: A good tweet work some pussy Jim.
Speaker 1: It's like everyone get everyone does their shit gets out and it's like fifty fifty guys.
Speaker 5: Girl.
Speaker 1: It's like it's just a good shout out Temple Gym in West Village.
Speaker 3: Speaking of Jim's though, when I was up there last week with you.
Speaker 5: You went to the one in mid Was it in Midtown? Like yeah, where you were?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they said there's multiple locations that have like a bunch of pickleball courts.
Speaker 5: I like boxes, like too crowded.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I do.
Speaker 3: I do like how they have like saunas and what's the other one?
Speaker 2: Steam room steamer. I prefer the steamer.
Speaker 5: I actually used to have in my old apartment.
Speaker 1: I had an in home sauna which was an in home steam and I think I order another one.
Speaker 2: Wait, I would love to have Kevin.
Speaker 5: Oh oh yeah, let's get two of those.
Speaker 3: Sent Do we have any company that would give us two saunas sauna.
Speaker 5: Box shout out sauna box.
Speaker 2: We know we would. We would use the ship out of that sauna box.
Speaker 4: Okay, do live pod from in the saunas would you.
Speaker 2: Hey, I'm all for that for real.
Speaker 1: One time I got a bloody nose in my sauna and I usually keep the lights down, but I couldn't so I couldn't feel it and I walked out. It's been just I've just been bleeding on myself for like ten minutes. My whole body was like I was in a horror.
Speaker 5: Scared.
Speaker 2: There there goes that partnership.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is what we'll do.
Speaker 6: Nice good, although I will I will say now that we're on the topic of saunas, so so West, you don't go to like gym saunas anymore, Dude, I do you still do that?
Speaker 1: No, there's there's one infrared in my gym. That's it's outside the locker room, so it's unisex. So nope, you're not like naked and anyone can use it. But infrareds to me don't get hot, like they don't get hot. I agree, and I I want to leave the sauna and feel like my whole insides were like sprinkled, sprinkled out of my body. I don't feel like refreshed walking out of an infrared.
Speaker 5: I want to be like I.
Speaker 2: Want to sweat.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I want to I want to.
Speaker 4: Sweat sweat a sweat sponge.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, well I was gonna say, like just like the the older dudes who use some is like at the YMCA, it'd be like so if I don't know if you know this, but like dropping trow has been like grandfathered in. So everyone's just going well yeah yeah, full full birthday to except except for me and I probably the gen z ears. But you know we have to accept they're.
Speaker 2: Just naked, no towel, nothing.
Speaker 5: It's happening. I stop caring.
Speaker 1: I'm like, owl, just a towel is a great way, all right, squad, listen up. I basically had my j lab eared, but its glued to my ears lately. Flights, workouts, quick coffee runs, They're just a part of the routine.
Speaker 2: Now, dude.
Speaker 3: The battery, I swear, I keep waiting for them to die, and it just doesn't happen. I honestly can't remember the last time I even charged them.
Speaker 1: And the sound is legit to super clear loud when you want it. It doesn't get all distorted when you crank the volume.
Speaker 3: I've also been rocking there over your headphones on flights, which is clutched it's noise canceling and comfortable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the thing I like about Jaylab. You're getting all the premium features you want without paying some premium price.
Speaker 3: So whether I'm at the gym, traveling, or just walking around listening to music or a podcast, they've got something that fits the moment.
Speaker 1: Jaylb creates tech for every home, every mood, and every version of you headphones, earbuds, wireless speakers, and more. You get premium features without paying premium prices.
Speaker 3: So look for the blue box at Walmart, Target, best Buy, and more, or use code something on JLab dot com for twenty percent off your order.
Speaker 6: World Baseball Classes it's been drama, just NonStop, back to back, every game, every country.
Speaker 4: They're going hard.
Speaker 6: But it's also been a great battleground for bad Blood against former teammates cal Rally Randy Arena.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm going at it back and forth.
Speaker 1: I have such a hard time believing that he wouldn't shake his hand his own teammate's hand in the World Baseball Classic, but they apparently they both are like saying fuck you to each other.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: It's either like really good gamesmanship to make people care or they like or they it means that much that I like, I don't know, like Sophe, if you played let's say this Olympics women's basketball and you're playing against a teammate, say a Lexi's like fucking Canadian.
Speaker 5: Yeah you adapt you would dapper up before the game, dude.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, we'd probably go get dinner the night before, like we would hang out.
Speaker 5: You do that?
Speaker 2: Now, That's what I'm saying, Like, what are these guys known for?
Speaker 5: They they made that fucking ale alcs together.
Speaker 2: No, I yeah, I find that hard to believe, honestly.
Speaker 1: So apparently, so apparently Roseorina went up to shake his hands, said good to see you, and cal Rale said shove it up your hats, and now Rose Arena saying go to hell fuck off.
Speaker 5: That's why I can't even believe it.
Speaker 2: And they're like teammates, like teammates.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they both played for the Mariners, but Rose Arena is playing for Mexico and the World Baseball Classic and cal Rale is playing for the USA.
Speaker 2: It's still weird.
Speaker 1: I think it's a little weird too, And I love the idea of like giving each other shit, but like dap up your fucking boy, Like what.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't like that.
Speaker 5: It's like a little tryard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't like that at all, really there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and they about to see each other like in a few weeks, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they literally have it, bro, they'll they'll go straight from this to the regular season.
Speaker 4: Ew.
Speaker 2: Yeah that I don't like how that's sitting with me at all.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Okay, I'm glad we agree. Yeah, all right, quick time out.
Speaker 1: Today show is brought to you by a presenting sponsor, hard Rock Bet, Florida's sports book. With hard Rock Bet, there's literally always something going on. The World Baseball Classic is underway. We got hoops hockey plus all the same game parlays, live betting, and player props. If you haven't signed up yet, new users can double their winnings or their first ten bets up to fifty bucks.
Speaker 5: So if you're supposed to.
Speaker 1: Win one hundred and make it two hundred and The hard Rock Bet app is the only legal sports book in Florida and it's live in Arizona, Ohio, New Jersey, Indiana, Tennessee, Virginia, Nooi, Colorado, and Michigan, with more states soon to come. They've also got new promos twenty four to seven. So go ahead and download the hard Arc bet app and make your first deposit today.
Speaker 4: Okay, one more headline here.
Speaker 6: Jason Tatum made his return over two hundred and ninety days from where Torny kills fifteen points in the.
Speaker 4: Comeback, played twenty seven a minute and they won.
Speaker 6: Just your guy's reaction to something like this, obviously is like a medical marvel. Obviously, modern science has like changed what you could do in the game. But he's one of the game's greatest players, suffered a catastrophic injury, and now he's already back hoop and so of what are your guys thoughts?
Speaker 1: Well, first things first, any Missouri athlete will get nothing but but love and support on this podcast.
Speaker 5: So nothing but love. I get nervous Achilles. I don't. I just don't remember Achilles injuries being a thing.
Speaker 1: Until like the last like three years, and now you hear about him so much, so scary.
Speaker 2: Well, it used to.
Speaker 3: Be like acl that was like a huge thing, and then like now it's the freaking Achilles.
Speaker 1: In football too, not just basketball but basketball, Like yeah, in pickleball, twenty seven minutes sounds standard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just think it's.
Speaker 3: I mean, you don't ever want to see anyone get injured, but let alone like a star of the game. And I feel like a lot of the stars last year in the NBA got injured with an achilles, which is insane to me.
Speaker 2: So I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think it's really cool to see anyone come back from an injury. It doesn't matter what it is, who it was. I think just the grind of rehab and all that. Like, yeah, I think congrats, it's cool. And he killed it, came back and still did that say less, Say I didn't.
Speaker 5: I did an interview with.
Speaker 1: Jason like my first month at Complex, and we just talked about Emo's pizza and.
Speaker 5: Uh something else.
Speaker 3: Saint Louis, if you do what it was kind of like a quiet reserve guy, super quiet, but he loves Saint Louis.
Speaker 5: Oh he would. He would die for Saint Louis. I know.
Speaker 1: He like doesn't wear he like won't wear Boston like, he won't wear Red Sox stuff. He only wears Cardinal stuff. He is like, if you're from Saint Louis, he you should fucking hold on tight to that fucking guy because he is so pure.
Speaker 5: He really is shout out Shama Nut