Speaker 1: Welcome to NFL Daily presented by Draft Kings Sportsbook, where we're fans of West Ham but we're going to Tottenham Hotspur Stadium soon.
Speaker 2: Thank you for yourself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know why I'm a West Ham fan. Actually I do know why not.
Speaker 1: Koom's my friend over there who works for the CBC, who's got to be on NFL Daily because I'm going next week.
Speaker 2: Uh, you're with me.
Speaker 3: He gave me a jersey. He gave me a jersey.
Speaker 1: So you know when I was saying I needed a team and I went, I went with the Hammers.
Speaker 2: Well, LA's I come.
Speaker 4: I'm an Arsenal fan because years ago I went over there in one of the teams. I think the Falcons were practicing at Arsenal. They were very nice to me and gave me some gear, so I'm all about the Gunners.
Speaker 1: Now I should have mentioned we're here in the Chris Westleying podcast studio with Steve Weish and Patrick Claypon.
Speaker 3: But you know that already.
Speaker 1: It's the it's the preview show crew, it's the previous show career. And yes, I don't know if I mentioned officially on the show, but I am heading over you're covering the game for NFL Network and CBS.
Speaker 2: I'll be on the sidelines.
Speaker 3: That's pretty exciting.
Speaker 2: Stacy Dale's here for the Bears, yes, and.
Speaker 1: So I will be there for Bears Jags as well. Keep listening to this podcast because I think we might try to do a little bit of a meetup when I tape my preview show.
Speaker 3: Just in one week.
Speaker 1: We're gonna be taping it at the Bears Bar if everything goes goes according to plan. The Bears have an official team bar, and yeah we might. We might let the listeners know, but we've got to make sure it's lockdown. For now, we're focused on Vikings, Jets and all the other you know, Week five games.
Speaker 5: Yes, and it's so much fun to look forward to. We're going from smallest to the biggest spread. Yeah this week, but we start where everything will start on Sunday.
Speaker 2: It is the red hot Sam Donald, what here? It is?
Speaker 5: Minnesota Vikings a two and a half point favorite against Aaron Rodgers and the Jets, who scored nine points. It was a miss Greg the leg field goal from fifty to give the Denver Broncos the win at MetLife. Concerns and consternation abound in New Jersey.
Speaker 1: Greg, absolutely, with this matchup coming up and you're coming off a game where the Broncos really tested your protection. It's not just the cadence that was the problem. It was where are these rushers coming from on that Denver Broncos defense. They lead the league in blitz right, Well, you know who's number two and sends even maybe more problems that will mess with your mind. It is the Minnesota Vikings Olo Fashion, who got his first start at right tackle, really struggled their interior line for the Jets, which had been playing well but had a step up in competition last week and suddenly wasn't playing well. They're young player Joe Tipman in the middle too. Now you got to deal with this Minnesota crew and get this offense going.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you got Jonathon Grenard, you know Alex Van Ginkle, these guys coming off the edges. What's interesting to me too, when this is a huge game for the Jets. It may not seem so, but this really kicks off a significant stretch because after this they play the Bills, they play the Steelers, then the Patriots and Texans. Right, if they don't get a win, right, here, it could get a little greasy, Patrick for the Jets. I like the Vikings in this game, not only with the points, not only because of like what you said. Defensively, they're just finding their groove. I mean, I just think offensively, with your boy, with your favorite player, Sam Darnold, Greg your favorite quarterback on Quarterback Island, they've got it working. I mean, Aaron Jones gives them options in the backfield. He's throwing the ball downfield.
Speaker 5: And they've got Justin Jefferson, right, They've got other players yet, Okay, Sauce Gardner and Justin Jefferson JJ's not going to care.
Speaker 2: He doesn't care.
Speaker 4: So I really do like this game, and like you, like I was saying, if the Jets don't win this, it's about to get real extra greasy coming back to New Jersey.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Justin Jefferson actually had one of the sauciest quotes of the season. It was referend it's in a Jet because people were asking that, you know, the forty nine ers are coming in and they they were tough for Garrett Wilson, and he said, with all due respect, I'm not Garrett Wilson, with all due respect, and so like I guess whenever somebody says all due respect, it is all right, Well, you're about to tell me how much respect is actually doing. Aaron Rodgers the third highest rate in the NFL in quick passes under two and a half seconds.
Speaker 2: It's going to need to do that.
Speaker 5: It didn't necessarily help against the Denver Broncos, as you mentioned, Greg, and that leads me because we have to discussion every week. I know it's early in the show. We have our concerns about the Jets.
Speaker 3: Oh, he go to do it?
Speaker 5: We believe in the Minnesota Viking. Are we doing it? Should we make this our survivor pick for.
Speaker 3: Wow, it's crazy.
Speaker 1: I know Jets have been on fraud Watch, there have been for you, and I suddenly was convinced Rogers is playing well.
Speaker 3: I actually stand by the point Rogers playing well. I don't know you the issue last week.
Speaker 1: But when their defense and when their offense had play like a much tougher opposition, and then the step up in competition for their defense this week. Because if you think about who the Jets defense has played lately, Broncos, Coriatriots, Titans, those are like the three worst offenses in the league. Just about and now you have to make this step up Aaron Jones against this run defense. Aaron Jos like they are a run first offense, I would say, and if you look at what they're doing on early downs and he's been a top five running back and you kind of look how the Jets run game on the defense, I'd got washed out last week. A lot of Will McDonald just flying off the edge and they're runn right at him. Even with Javonte Williams, who had been struggling that I would pick the Vikings as a survivor pick.
Speaker 4: So I'm in, WHOA. I mean, wow, you got me, you got me. You know, here's a player for the Vikings.
Speaker 5: Here's a player for the Vikings too that I think we don't talk about the Gilly Lock Okay, Finn Gilmore.
Speaker 2: I mean this guy is he's playing why he's a perfect fit in this defense.
Speaker 4: I just think Aaron Rodgers is. Yeah, he's gonna continue playing well. But they're just not enough there. They don't score.
Speaker 3: Can we get can we get Garrett Wilson going there?
Speaker 1: There are some stats that have him in the top ten in terms of like separation, Like he's still Garrett Wilson.
Speaker 3: What am I missing?
Speaker 1: I look, I took him, I think like seventeenth overall in my fantasy drafts. That's definitely not going well. Neither's my DeVante Adams pick right now.
Speaker 2: But I hope he gets moved soon.
Speaker 1: Allen Lazard's leading this team in catches and Garrett Wilson, who is explosive, is under ten yards per catch, and can I read the Garrett Wilson quotes, I'm actually kind of surprised.
Speaker 3: These didn't get more attention.
Speaker 1: Instead, we're on Cadence Gate all week and Garrett Wilson, their best receiver, literally said, I don't think we do a lot of different stuff. To be honest, I watch football on Sundays and I see a lot of teams mix it up and stuff like that. I don't think we do that dot dot dot. I don't think we're trying to do a lot of different things. I'm actually surprised that I didn't get more more pop. That was, by the way, on the Bart and Han podcast.
Speaker 5: I think Bart Scott, well, it depends on where you your particular place of employment is. If it's in Flora Park, Apparently you can have a particular coach's name in the idea in your mouth. But if you're outside of the facility, that coach's name must be kept out of your mouth, kept out of your mouth.
Speaker 2: Well, so that's what it is. So fun game though. My name is Nathaniel Hackett. Thanks, it's nice to see you out here. Oh oh that was beautiful.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And when they put this on the NFL Network schedule, this looked like probably the best of the three, but you weren't sure about the Vikings.
Speaker 3: Now he got the best team in the NFL so far.
Speaker 5: And that's what we're gonna that's what we're gonna see. Wake up, rise, shine and watch them football. And before the game, you can catch Game Day Kickoff starting Sunday at seven am Eastern, and you can see Aaron Rodgers sit down with Kyle Brandt.
Speaker 2: It's good, it's not a FaceTime interview.
Speaker 5: They are literally face to fix and you can see that right before the game kicks off. Looking forward to that game, of course, always looking forward to NFL Network games.
Speaker 2: Let's go to.
Speaker 5: The Buffalo Bills at the Houston Texans. The Bills favored by one after their first loss of the season. What a stretch for them, they have to go to Baltimore and now at Houston where they over under his forty seven and a half Steve Maybe some deficiencies for the Bills that we weren't previously exposed to got highlighted on Sunday Night Line.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is one.
Speaker 4: Now we look at this like, these are two teams that we really like, and you look at their victories and they really haven't come against which you would consider like strength to schedule type of opponents. And then both times they play tough teams they get Both teams got dragged. So this is an intriguing game when you look at what the Bills have done well, right, some of the matchups with the tight ends and things like this is a secondary that can handle that, right. They've got the safeties with Jalen Peatree, They've got the corners that can kind of take out what the Bills like to do in the passing game. And they've got the speed an inside linebacker that can match up with James Cook in the passing game. I like the Texans and the points here.
Speaker 3: Look at you, right, I love the time.
Speaker 4: I like the Texans in the points just because they're at home. Now they're playing a bunch of one possession type of games, which is what the NFL we've seen earlier in the season. But they seem to be gaining a little bit more traction in their identity. I know defensively, they haven't hit it there yet.
Speaker 2: Larry M. Tunsel, I mean, he's just mister mister penalty man.
Speaker 3: Multiple penalties every game this year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, you know, this is one where he's going to have to tighten that up because those guys off the edge for the Bills, We'll get after him.
Speaker 1: I really like your point on how they defend the middle of the field. That's a great shot there because that's where the bill want to win. And yet I trust the Bills a.
Speaker 3: Little bit more. If I had to pick it, I'd take the Bills.
Speaker 1: But this is a toss up to me, and I do have to pick it because we do a pick show game debut, so I have to decide to check that out on an NFL Dowark. But like, they've been a different defense. They've been effective, they've been better on defense overall this year, but they've been different. They've been blitzing a lot and they're actually not getting a lot of one on one like pass rush wins from Hunter and will Anderson, which is a little surprising. I'm not saying they're not good players, but if you just add up their quarterback hits in sacks so far, it's it's quite low. I think it's like a combined eight or nine total between the two of them sacks QB hits.
Speaker 3: So that's that's surprising to me.
Speaker 1: And it's a really good Bills offensive line, so that's that's a really good matchup. The Bills are leading the NFL and pass rush or pass block win rate, so it's a really good offensive line. And you see Toron Johnson return to practice on Wednesday, you see Terrell Bernard Richards and you're like, oh, okay, this defense is gonna be back. But then you look who's missing from practice. I don't know how serious it's gonna be, but it's Dean Dawkins, their left tackle, so that's a huge one. And then Khalios Shakir, which I would think he's gonna play in this game because he finished the last one, but he's out of practice and he's been big. And one thing and I'll throw this to you, Patrick, is we hadn't talked about on this show, is that von Miller is suspended. Were violating the league's conduct policy related to a domestic assault allegation that was last December, and he had been, you know, a big part of their defensive line. So he is out for the next four games and a.
Speaker 5: Big part of that stretch where the Bills were dominating everybody. And now that the things are kind of in the light, you see deficiencies. You see Derrick Henry, which Derick Henry hit twenty one point six. I believe miles an hour on that run already, but there was no threat for him to be caught in that secondary.
Speaker 2: I know that guys are missing. We're watching mor Hamler can run and he's not caning a step on it.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's that's a that's a snowball going downhill.
Speaker 3: That's like just we'll not stopping that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: But and then the concerns upfront for Buffalo where the Ravens, albeit they're a good team and they have those changes up front on the offensive line that they have to start the season with, but they were moving the Bills really really easily.
Speaker 2: In the run game.
Speaker 5: And now we've got a Texans team that could get Joe Mixon back. It's it's tough to view this. And I'm also because Nico Collins leading the entire league. He's the dude in receiving. He is a real dude. Who's who's in the Buffalo Bills secondary where you can say, all right, I feel confident that Nico Collins.
Speaker 1: I mean, I wouldn't say that maybe about any cornerback in the league. They have like a couple, but Christian Benford to me, is playing at a high level. He's at He's a top ten to fifteen cornerback.
Speaker 2: They're right.
Speaker 4: And Taron Johnson is one of the best slot corners in there now. Size wise, he's a much smaller slot corner, but he is a real, real good I mean, he's one of the top two or three slot corners. So if he comes back, that'd.
Speaker 1: Be maybe they were saving him for Stefan Diggs. You know, this is the revenge game. I mean, it's I don't know if it's a real revenge game here, but there we can make one for everybody. I think in this case that there was some sort of disconnect between Digs and Josh Allen. Yes, so there was so that I don't know if it's a revenge game, but it's it's spicy.
Speaker 3: I mean, we also got this.
Speaker 1: Deep into the conversation about this game with theydn't even mention like we got two of the best four or five quarterbacks here. So a lot of it comes down to, like how much support do these two quarterbacks get? Because I'm feeling confident that they're both gonna play well. It's a great Bills run the offense with James Cook and with Josh Allen against a very good run defense. If the Bills can run the ball, I feel pretty good about the Bills, and I think Stroud's playing very well.
Speaker 3: Even when he's pressured, he looks good.
Speaker 5: My concern with the Buffalo Bills offense was when the run game wasn't working on Sunday Night. It was really just balls down the sideline back shoulders to Kean Coleman and that's it.
Speaker 1: The weird thing was the run game kind of was working, they just didn't run the ball that much.
Speaker 3: But yes, they went away from it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the game script kind of got away from him and Yolo Josh came back for a brief little bit, but I mean they're down twenty one to three, saw Josh two yards out of bounds, throwing the ball fifty yards down the field.
Speaker 2: You know, it's fun stuff, but they can't they can't be on the run game.
Speaker 4: The Texas got the corners to handle their outside targets, which we aren't which we know really aren't that great.
Speaker 1: This is the location of what I think was the probably the nader of the Yolo Josh Earro, which.
Speaker 3: Was the playoff game against the Texans.
Speaker 1: That was actually the moment where everyone and I admit I couldn't have been more wrong about Josh Allen spike the football prematurely.
Speaker 3: It was just like it's never gonna happen Josh Allen.
Speaker 1: Guys like, look at this guy and now look at him one of the best players in the NFL for a year.
Speaker 5: Was that the weird like ten yards down the field behind the back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there was all sorts of things in that game. It was rough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we love it.
Speaker 5: Keep trying to make plays. Always must see TV again, one of the best at least. However, many people you want to have in the top five, Josh Allen is going to be in there, or you're gonna have five in the top five.
Speaker 2: So we talked about great matchups.
Speaker 5: What about two teams in the AFC East that we are thrilled.
Speaker 2: To watch right about now.
Speaker 5: It is the Miami Dolphins at the New England Patriots, who are a one point favorite with a huge number.
Speaker 2: Of thirty and a half points. As it was.
Speaker 5: The start to the Tyler Huntley aero Steve was was exciting, but then they really Tyreek fumbled. It just all went down here. It was the Tennessee Titans.
Speaker 2: It was bad.
Speaker 4: I mean, Snoop Huntley had been there for like eight days. They you know, they just didn't have much of a playbook. I actually think Miami's gonna play a lot better in this game. And I like, and this was all you talk about quotes that got overlooked. I think Mike McDaniels after that game he basically in a very diplomatic ways that guys on his team were making business decisions. You know, they weren't helping out Snoop Huntley.
Speaker 1: I know, I know one of the most of it on his mind was Jalen Waddall just stopped running on him play over the middle of the field, where if you rewatched it, it was like, I don't even think he was gonna get hit. It was kind of it was weird. He had a big drop. Hill had a drop and and a fumble. They didn't charge him with the fumbel but that was pretty bad effort on the fumble and just a bad play.
Speaker 3: You're right, they need their best players to play.
Speaker 4: And I think he saw the Titans players kind of step up to help the backup quarterback when Mason Rudolph had to come in and play a right, those guys stepped up in rally. How come nobody is doing it for their backup quarterbacks? So he seemed to put guys on notice. I think you're gonna see the Dolphins offense work a little bit well, I think a lot better than what it's been. If you know, if they can get something going in that run game, that that pages defense we thought that was going to be really good early on, is showing some cracks. Now they got boat raced by the Niners last week, but they just they're not playing as well. It's an opportunity, so we'll see.
Speaker 1: I mean, forget cracks. This thing is busted open. We're sweeping it under the table. It's over.
Speaker 3: It's over.
Speaker 1: I mean, first of all, they don't have their best player, Christian Barmore. Unfortunately, when we were talking about their defense before the season two, we thought Matthew Judin would be involved in that. Christian Gonzalez is playing well, but then they also lost their guy who had the headset. You know that they're throwing the calls into Juwan Bentley, so that hurts communication. This week, Kyle Duggart is not going to play, so that's another guy with a big contract, and Jabrill Peppers, who's been one of their best players, is out of practice and is very questionable. So I think this was a team that was supposed to be more than the su of their parts on defense. But when you take away all the best parts and and you take away Bill Belichick, I think that that that hurts.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's it's a struggle, and it's it's a tough one to pick because the Patriots have their issues that the Dolphins got worse this week. Jalen Phillips is going to be out for the remainder of the year, coming back on a relatively short timeline pat for Achilles. Yeah, he's going to have to have reconstructive knee surgery, so he's really sad for the rest of the season. Hopefully he's able to bounce back. But in watching New England, they they hung close in Santa Clara. Was that was that the Patriots playing significantly better? Was that a down game with all the stars We're back for San Francisco. It's tough to really get a read on this Patriots team.
Speaker 3: Oh, I don't think so.
Speaker 1: I think these are the two of the three worst teams in the NFL.
Speaker 3: I think they're easy to read.
Speaker 1: They they can't protect Jacoby last game had one of his worst games as a pro artist.
Speaker 2: Is this a swing game?
Speaker 3: Is yes, he has another bad game.
Speaker 1: It'll be his last game because last week he was a bigger part of the problem than he had been in the past. And I don't think Drake may is gonna like save them. But you saw that their wide receivers were pouting. This is a big story in New England, not not nationally because no one cares, but like Jalen Polk and Pop Douglas were kind of pouting and having bad language and getting upset a little bit. Seemed like they weren't, you know hap they They've only attempted nineteen throws over ten yards.
Speaker 2: Crazy.
Speaker 1: Wow, it's crazy. That's crazy they I mean, and I get it. They're on their fourth left tackle. They just lost, just keep coming up with injuries. They lost their team captain, David Andrews probably for the rest of the season today too, and so that's their best offensive lineman. So it's two teams that are It's the Bad Vibes Bowl. It's it's really tough.
Speaker 4: I won if Andrews, if this might be it for him. He's played a long time.
Speaker 1: He's getting up there in years. Certainly was an important player for them. Tyreek Kill. Meanwhile, tweets out. Woke up to some trade news this morning. When a guy tweets that something like that out to you, like, so does he know what he's doing.
Speaker 3: He's got to know what he's doing. What does he means?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 3: They asked him about about where he wanted to be.
Speaker 1: They asked about Kansas City and Miami that the reporter is there, and he said, I want to be here. I want to be here in Miami. So that's an interesting thought. It's not the craziest idea if he got traded. He's barking there behind McDaniel. You mentioned, like, I showed me something like this is getting trouble times for not so much McDaniel, but the above him, Chris Career. I think long term, it's early in the season, but this is I think the two worst teams in the Lake.
Speaker 3: I don't think that's exaggeration, right.
Speaker 2: Isn't it? Isn't it interesting?
Speaker 4: Though? Like people's two is as system quarterback this and that if t comes back, are we shouldn't there saying this stuff about them.
Speaker 5: If he's able to play, we at least feel like there's there's some sort of functional.
Speaker 1: Correct correct although if it's funny, if this team was like the Eagles, that gets a little more attention, but it'd be a little more on the raidar. Here are some of their scores in their last seven games. I know we're going long on this game though, but I find this Dolphins team fascinating.
Speaker 3: Fifty six to nineteen.
Speaker 1: This is where the McDaniel era started to go wrong against the Ravens twenty six to seven.
Speaker 3: That was the playoff loss to the Chiefs. Not pretty.
Speaker 1: They also had a game where they only scored fourteen points with the afc EA stup for grabs against the Bills, and then this year thirty one to ten to have played more than half that game, twenty four to three, thirty one to twelve.
Speaker 3: Those are crazy scores.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's tough. Someone will win. It's time for the Game of the Week presented by Draft Game as the Baltimore Ravens are a two and a half point favorite at the Cincinnati Bengals, who did get their first win of the season going up on the road against the Carolina Panthers last week. The over under at fifty and a half. Kevin Harlan and Trent Green on the call. It should be a fun game, Greg, Yes, we've wanted to see a healthy Joe Burrow go up against the Ravens team. Now we finally get that opportunity.
Speaker 1: I think it'll be a fun game, especially for you Patrick, who you know leans a little Ravens. Sometimes analysis like our jobs are too easy, Like what reason do we have to think that the Bengals defense as a whole and especially on the ground is going to stop this mass unit of Lamar Jackson and Derek Henry Because I don't have any this This Ravens running attack is looking more cohesive in terms of their offensive line. We know that two runners are just electric and I have no faith in this Bengals defense. If we were looking for a spicy you know, I were a pick here, I might actually like the Ravens even better than the Vikings. I'm fine with the Vikings, We'll stick with that. But the Ravens. I feel good about the Ravens.
Speaker 4: I just it's weird because you know, you think about lou Anrumo, the defensive coordinat for the Bengals, and man, this guy is so good and he's such a great end game adjuster.
Speaker 2: They have not figured it out.
Speaker 4: But my thing more so is with the Ravens because they seem to have found their identity a little bit, and that's a dangerous thing.
Speaker 2: Like they were figuring out.
Speaker 4: Remember the first game against the Chiefs, Ronnie Stanley kept the illegal alignment type of thing like that guy in their heads.
Speaker 2: Right. Their offensive line wasn't working first couple of games. It was mashing.
Speaker 4: Last week against the Bills, they were very, very impressive. They set their identity. They are not going to get away from that against the Cincinnati Bengals, and if they.
Speaker 2: Do, the Bengals secondary is a little wobbly.
Speaker 4: I mean Cam Taylor Bricks, which is crazy because he has been a hell of a player.
Speaker 2: He's not playing well.
Speaker 4: We know the safeties have not been good since they got rid of Jesse Bates a couple of years ago. I just think this is one we're gonna see Mark Andrews finally really get involved in a wheelhouse Isaiah likely. I think we're gonna see some things happening in that game as well, that part of things, and we're also going to learn whether or not it's a sustainable thing.
Speaker 2: Because Roger rosen Garden had his first.
Speaker 5: Start, Yeah, last week, played well, played incredibly well for our first first NFL start. Derek Henry goes for eighty seven yards on the very first carry. Andrew Vorhees was out, so they had to move Patrick mccarrye. And that shuffling was like the greatest thing to ever happen, right, because they were having problems on the interior of the offensive line and everything seemed to work out in their favor. My concern is on the outside with Jamar Chase and T Higgins and an healthy and accurate Joe Burrow. This this team is not too far removed from getting devanted and yeah, as as well as been showed and the.
Speaker 3: Bengals keep up in a shootout.
Speaker 1: I think that's gonna be the question for them all season, and I think against a lot of teams the answer is yes, yeah. Against this Ravens team, which surprisingly to me, Dvoa, which is just total efficiency, has him as the number one passing attack and the number one rushing attack, which is pretty wild because they've been that efficient when they have been throwing the ball. So I trust the Ravens defense just so much more that like, yeah, you can get into a shootout, but your defense just really is going to make life heart. It's gonna be good for t Higgins and Chase's fantasy numbers and Burrows fantasy numbers all year long. I did want to mention they had Chris Jenkins come in last week, their rookie, and he apparently take pretty well and the time BJ Hill is maybe getting healthy, so that would help their Bengals defense. But I noticed this Bengals offense, for what it's worth, has faced the second easiest collection of defenses so far in the entire NFL. So they've been racking up some big numbers. This is a tougher test for them.
Speaker 5: Yes it is. This is significantly, significantly tougher. I see the Ravens getting better, the Bengals getting better as well. It's it's tough to let go of the past and those in those matchups because a lot of those guys Lou had success with are still run.
Speaker 3: That's sure.
Speaker 1: A couple of years ago, they gave the Ravens everything they could handle. Every time they get other. Last last year game, it is a different Ravens team, but I mean Bengals team, but they did sweep the Bengals last year. This is a Kevin Harlan Trent Green game, so perie, this isn't a an early ten am start. Kevin Harlan Trent Green. Love hearing Kevin Harlan on a big game. Kind of love to talk about a little Sunday night football. After the break, We'll be back in a second.
Speaker 6: On NFL Daily, download the Draftking Sportsbook app now and use the Code Daily. New customers can bet just five bucks to get two hundred dollars in bonus bets only on Draftking Sportsbook with Code Daily.
Speaker 3: The crown is yours back on NFL Daily.
Speaker 1: Patricks with me on the Sunday night recap shows and the way we tape it, We finished taping, and then I race over to our film room here at NFL Network where Chris Rose usually is and maybe MJD and you get to watch the Sunday night football game. I want to be racing through this recap because I want to get to Cowboys Steelers.
Speaker 3: I'm into this matchup.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Sunday Night football in Pittsburgh where the Steelers are two and a half point fai against the Dallas Cowboys. It's you know, Mike Torico, Chris Collinsworth on the call, will be waiting all day for Sunday night and Steve. This is a offense that doesn't want to run the ball. Can't run the ball if they if they did want to against the number one rushing efficiency defense in all of football.
Speaker 4: Yes, and we know, we know how good that Pittsburgh defense is and the Cowboys. I'm surprised this number is only two and a half. You know, we were talking before the show, like, Okay, you know this is what it is. But then you think about this is Dallas. Dallas's strength really plays into Pittsburgh strength. Pittsburgh's got more strengths in this game against Dallas. Like you said, the Cowboys aren't going to be able to run the football against the Steelers. That's not going to happen. So now Dak's going to be one dimensional. Ceedee Lambs need to get all the attention. We know the archer is out right, the speechter why Brandon Cooks is out is not playing in this game?
Speaker 2: All right? What's what's Dallas's left hand offensive?
Speaker 1: How not to Wis's brain for coming up with the archer?
Speaker 3: I don't know if everyone knows about the archer.
Speaker 5: And also there was an error where he got to fire the arrow, but then he got he got a letter, and so he just was able to pull the arrow back but not actually let go of it.
Speaker 1: The friend of the show, Danny Hyphenz, made a great point that the Buccaneers literally shoot cannons and the Patriots shoot muskets out of guns when they score a touchdown.
Speaker 3: So I don't know the hypocritical.
Speaker 4: There Chargers Uganians too, But I mean I'm just like, so, what is Dallas's offensive left hand?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: What are they what are they going to go to because they're gonna lock up, Ceedee Lamb. I mean it's did a big Jake Ferguson great the Pittsburgh Steelers would love that, right. I just don't see Dallas putting up a lot of points. And Patrick, as you brought up, no d Law, no Mica. It's already a bad run defense. What do the Steelers do? I mean, seriously, justin fields might have like nine passing attempts in this game.
Speaker 1: They hope that they can get their running game a little more consistent. I love that I saw some more design runs and field scrambling more last week. He just hadn't been doing it the first three weeks, and that can get their offense juiced. Look, the Colts threw the ball pretty well against the Steelers. I mean they have an offensive line to do it is a Cowboys offensive line. Can they hold up Probably not as well as the Colts did, but they I think you can find holes in the Steelers secondary. Patrick Queen has been struggling for them in terms of his coverage ability. Some miscommunications there where the players were like yelling at him each other last week, and you think like, oh, well, everyone's just going to focus on CD like CD is gone. I mean CD, they should be able to figure out how to help get him open. But they are almost last in the league and in motion rate. There's some talk, you know, we're back to Green Bay where everyone's complaining about Mike McCarthy not being able to scheme players open, And if you listen to the beat writers there on there, it just feels like there's a little more player grumbling that may CD and Dak aren't exactly on the same page with their coach. They're on the same page with each other, but not necessarily with what's going on with the offense.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I think sometimes people do a lot of reading into sideline frustration. Losing is not fun, right, Losing isn't fun.
Speaker 2: And CD is of course used to score a lot of points.
Speaker 5: You know, this Cowboys offense has traditionally been good, and a lot of that relies on Dak Prescott in his ability at the line of scrimmage. But it feels like the whole plane is built out of that right now, and every single first down the Dallas Cowboys get, it's like he's doing particle physics back here. You're right to not just diagnose the defense, but he's weaving out of three and four people and like getting back shoulders to Jalen Tolbert, and it's just like it's hard to imagine it being consistently sustainable on the road in Pittsburgh.
Speaker 3: I agree. I'm I'm torn on who to pick this game.
Speaker 1: I'm not ready to do so, just because I think the Steelers have their sense of flaws and their offense, like Justin Fields is playing like a top ten to fifteen quarterback right now, and yet the offense is still pretty pretty rough around the edges, So that's asking a lot out of him. I trust Dak Moore to make more with less, but to back up what you're saying about Dak, I love it when you have nice, nerdy statistical backs up for points that we just see with their eyes. So everything seems hard for this Cowboy offense. The Cowboys are first or last, depending on how you look at it in tight window throw rate, so just the least the smallest windows that Dak's thrown into.
Speaker 3: And this goes along with it.
Speaker 1: They are last in separation overall average separation for their wide receivers, so everything's condensed.
Speaker 4: That is interesting. I would have never thought that I would, but goes.
Speaker 1: Because you got one guy that can get open and that guy's getting doubled and then everyone else in the in the scheme and yeah.
Speaker 5: Even like Brandon Cooks, like the archer. I mean, this guy's a speed burner. He's supposed to be getting behind people.
Speaker 3: He was he so he's out for this game.
Speaker 1: As you mentioned, I think he'd been playing through something is to be because they said he stayed in New York to get a procedure and he had did not look right this year. The one thing I just want to say is I want more of Darnault Washington. Yes, oh my god, pounds coming at you, seeing him run down the sideline and his other touchdown catch, like you like, build the whole play out of fields in Darnel Washington and I'm entertained.
Speaker 5: Let's go. I just want more. This is a perfect game for him to get going. It's all Georgia Trio. Yeah, darn Washington and justin fields making it work. But I mean you mentioned Dak. Dak's always going to be high on the tight window throw percentage because he takes those chances and he makes those reads and he can make those throws. But just how much of it do you want? Like where are the layups in this offense? And maybe without Brandon Cooks, there's more Cavante Turpin. They get action in the screen game put Turpin out wide, but who knows, man, it's it's a tough watch. And then Jerry's telling Jane Slater this week that you know they're out on DeVante. There's there's no more money in Texas. Apparently they can't.
Speaker 2: What are they doing?
Speaker 1: Man on a cap space by the way, I think, yeah, I know there is. I'm just saying that you can look at it. They've got Actually they have among that most cap space in the league.
Speaker 4: Like why wouldn't you want to get You could say what you want about Devantae Adams. Man, that dude is a dog. He is he is a grinder. He practices hard. That's the type of dutey. You need to set an example for everybody on that roster.
Speaker 5: And I think DeVante could move a few jerseys. It makes sense. It makes sense to me. Real purpose, but a mission.
Speaker 2: We'll see.
Speaker 5: Speaking of DeVante Adams, the Las Vegas Raiders on the road at the Denver Broncos, the road Warrior. Denver Broncos went on the road to Tampa. Gott to win on the road to MetLife, got to win Now, the Broncos and bow Knicks are two and a half point favorites against Gardner, Minshew and the rest of the crew, with the total sitting at thirty six.
Speaker 2: Greg, did bow Nicks show you enough at Met Life?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: What do you mean?
Speaker 1: I mean he showed me enough to believe that you can't possibly keep winning like this. It's a couple times now, Like his bad throws are bad. I think he struggled with the with the rain handsize alert oh a little bit because those strows were coming out crazy, and then the rain kind of died off in the third quarter or especially the fourth, and he actually did look better, So I think I think that was at least part of it. The Denver run game was a little better, but really they're gonna have to win with defense and a great defense. Like when I when I think about picking this game, I'm like, what do I really trust with either of these teams right now? It's the way that Vance Joseph is calling that defense amazing. Zach Allen twenty three pressures. I know it's not a perfect step but pass rush win rate the top two defensive tackles in the NFL are Zach Allen, which surprising, but not so much when you watch these games. He's been great and Malcolm Roach of the Broncos. Those were the top two. So that's a good start if you can get some heat on Gardner Minshew.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, look, this is one it's gonna be mucked up. It's gonna be a lot of run game. Vegas is gonna have to run because DeVante Adams is not playing. I think he's played his last game in the Silver and Black.
Speaker 2: Not really a lot of.
Speaker 1: Things's practice with a hamstring injury. Max Crosby also out of practice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think Max. I think Max will return this week. I mean, he missed last game. He's trying to get right. The dude hates missing ball games. But I mean, what else do you have offensively? I mean you got the tight end Brock Bauers, and he's a real one. He's fantastic. Right, So now we're going to a great vance. Joseph will go ahead and take care of that. We're not gonna let him beat us. I just don't know if Vegas can score. I think that thirty six number is perfect for the over and under. This is not going to be a high flying ball game right here, and just the way, just just a consistency. I mean, Vegas is defense. Patrick Graham's got some good stuff working as well.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 4: So you know, I just think this is one where if I have to trust a defense, it's the way the Broncos have played the past two or three weeks has been as impressive as any team in the NFL.
Speaker 5: The number one passing efficiency defense in all of football six and rushing defense, number six in pressure rate going up against the Raiders team that's in the twenties or thirties in all of those stats, and I'm looking over how impossible would it be to average over four and a half yards per carry, which Javonte Williams did in a football game where your quarterback had negative seven passing yards in the first lame.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 5: I believe in the Broncos run game simply based on the fact that they're able to do anything with bo Nicks attempting so many of his passes short to ten yards around the line of scrimmage.
Speaker 1: I think so many of those completions last week were behind the line of scrimmage. That's the thing that's crazy is he had so few and the completions that he had were behind the line of scrimmage. I was going to say it should be better weather, but like, if he's not a good, bad weather quarterback, Denver is not the city for you.
Speaker 5: I think things will improve with time him. Right, you have to play. He did play at Oregon. I mean he's played as a.
Speaker 3: Bad way Okay, okay, you know getting them over kid. That was a tough watch that I went back.
Speaker 4: I was sloppy conditions. I mean, that's not going to happen every week.
Speaker 1: By the way, assuming that DeVante Adams doesn't ever play for the Raiders again, which feels very safe at this point. Yes, they don't have enough weapons. And he played with six different starting quarterbacks in the time that he was there.
Speaker 3: That is crazy. He was barely there.
Speaker 4: That's quite Larry Fitzgerald like who played with like forty six in his years with Arizona.
Speaker 5: I have seen some revisiness stuff where it's like, oh, Davante should have stayed in Green Bay. They had they had years to make him that offer. Yes, like the Rogers contract came in between that. Then they come in after the factors like, oh yeah, he had the same offer on the table that the Raiders gave him. Win, Like when did that offer come in. Look like, let's be honest, he wanted out. He wanted an opportunity and he took it. The Raiders just kind of went self. And you say they didn't want to pay their quarterback either, right.
Speaker 1: The latest in DeVante trade rumors reporting ESPN had that the Jets and the Saints were atop his wishless So, man, he loves that Derek Carr.
Speaker 4: He loves Derek and look the Saints. I think the Saints would love to have him. He's he's seen what life is like without either of those two guys. Yes, and he's like, you know what, I want to go.
Speaker 3: He is a great fit on the Saints.
Speaker 4: Here's the thing with both, it's a great fit with both of those teams, though, I mean they could both be blown up after the season. I mean, would he really want to go to either of those teams because of the Jets struggle they're blowing that thing up.
Speaker 1: Well, he might become a free agent. Who knows he's doing thirty five million next year?
Speaker 2: Would you be non guaranteed?
Speaker 3: Life is short?
Speaker 1: I think if you're Devanta Adams, even if you're not getting any more money from a new contract this year, I think he's like, well, I don't want to spend the next twelve weeks with the Raiders. I want to go to a team that can be in the mix. He might not even require more money right off the bat.
Speaker 5: This time around him, I'd be pushing to go to a place like Buffalo. Yeah, if he wanted to check it down, he would, you know. But this is this is about This is about being somewhere where the remainder of his career can have some sort of significance to somebody.
Speaker 2: And he does not see that. And I understand why he does not see that.
Speaker 4: As I said yesterday, Gardner Minshew is not going to be on quarterback Island Patrick.
Speaker 5: But hey, Gardner Minshew did get some wins last year for the Indianapolis Colts where Greg was asking how does he keep getting away with this? And now maybe they have Joe Flacco? Is it Anthony Richardson? Either way, they are in Douvall taking on the Jacksonville Jaguars, who are a three point favorite, despite the fact that they have had the twenty twenty four Jacksonville Jaguars season where there's players only meetings discussions, there's the players aren't calling the plays and the coaches can't play.
Speaker 2: Greg vibes down horrendously.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Doug Peterson asked on Wednesday, have you lost the locker room? And his answer is no, I have not lost the locker room. I mean what kind of question. I mean, I unders then why you asked that. But it's a tough one to answer, Like, there's no way to answer that.
Speaker 5: What does it mean, by the way, Yeah, I've lost.
Speaker 1: Well, you meant you mentioned, you know, Minshew having such an impact on the cults. It wasn't that that long ago that we were talking about how ridiculous it was they were letting Minshew get all the first team reps over Trevor Lawrence.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean at this point, Trevor Lawrence isn't playing any better than Gardner Minshew this year.
Speaker 3: I hate it.
Speaker 2: It is he is.
Speaker 1: I'm shocked by it. But this the ball is not going where he's aiming it to go.
Speaker 4: He looks like, you know, he's just a non confident player right now, and they have got to look, they've got to get this win otherwise they're winless going over to London to play the Bears, like they have got to get this win. The flame is red hot under Doug Peters. And the only thing is there's really nobody on his staff who can take over maybe Mike McCoy if they were to get rid of him. So I don't think his job security is is it quite as in immediate danger?
Speaker 2: Some people got to win a game.
Speaker 1: If you go to London and lose to the Bears and the Patriots and lose this game game.
Speaker 2: Then yeah, then then then things change.
Speaker 4: I mean shots, Jack khn is not trying to lose games over his homeway from home in England. But you know the way the Colts their their quarterback situation, I think they're I think they're fine. This is a game where I think they're gonna be able to move the ball. John the Taylor's nicked up right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's out of practice Wednesday. Yeah, he has a high ankle sprain.
Speaker 4: So we don't know if they're gonna be able to run the ball. But teams are throwing the ball against the Jags. Man, They're finding matchups all over the place.
Speaker 5: I have a case for positivity in Jacksonville. This offense is in the past game has mainly been funneled these past couple of years between Evan Ingram and Christian Kirk. Christian Kirk coming back from that offseason surgery slow start. Evan Ingram only played one game this season. Now we've got both of them potentially being on the field and healthy for the first time.
Speaker 4: Ingram changes things. Ingram changes things. I mean that is that is Trevor's guy.
Speaker 5: Because that's why, like Trevor, Trevor's downfield passing rate one of the highest in the league. Right now, they're taking nothing but shot and I think a lot of that is because Evan Ingram is not in those particular spots where Trevor trusted him to make play.
Speaker 1: Gabe Davis has not worked out so far for them, just hasn't had the production. And Brian Thomas looks like a great drive. He's a real one when the balls near him. He's made some really nice grabs. But yet there they've been struggling in the red zone. Really any stat you want to find an offense, it's not good for the Jaguars. Then again, they're going again to Colts defense, who lost Taekwon Lewis. He's going to injured reserve, not a big name, but he is the third out of four starters off their defensive line that's out and on on ir and so that's that's pretty major. You still have Grover Stewart, you have Latu Lasu, but that that's big. Flaco was taking some reps in practice, but Richardson is limited. He's day to day. We're not sure if Richardson's going to play. It's disappointing because for as much credit as Flaka got Man, that run game was absolutely cooking. Oh yeah, including early against the Steelers, and Richardson was a huge part of that. Their first drive and a half, he gets a touchdown first drive, gets him into field goal range before the injury, uh the second drive, and so I wanted to see that come together. And even if he's out there, he's banged up and Taylor's not there, that's that's their whole offensive identity. They could they could fight a way to get a win with Flacco, but it's just you want to be building on what your team is actually.
Speaker 2: And that offensive line is playing well. So I mean that's something I think.
Speaker 1: Hitman and Downs might not mind Flacco being in there just because there's like more volume.
Speaker 5: But as as you mentioned, Anthony Richardson had a couple of great balls Michael Pittman junior or early in that game before he left and he was getting involved downs. Looks good and healthy. There's cases for positivity for both of these things. You may feel really different for wherever it comes up on the on the wrong side of this one.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that's a that's a great point.
Speaker 1: But the Colts could have a fantastic manage the season situation. They get out of this game three and after the start they've had, they will feel great.
Speaker 4: The Jags lose to your point, by having Ingram one hundred fourteen catches last year. I mean, that's how much as a tight end he means to this team.
Speaker 2: Like he is.
Speaker 5: It is a real need and right now things are real tough for Trevor and the Jags. Let's get back to Sofi Stadium. It's time for the Sneaky Good Game of the Week presented by DraftKings as the Green Bay Packers on the road a three point favorite against Matthew Stafford and the Los Angeles Rams. Both of these teams with late heartbreakers last week, and Greg, we keep seeing Matthew Stafford kind of have the team on his back, but it's starting to feel like that burden is a little bit too much of a load to care.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a lot, and this game is a big one for them. It's before their bye week. They do not want to be one and four heading into their buy. Then again, I thought, like, didn't they have a game like this last year? They had a game again, I think it was backup starting against the Packers, and they lost it and they going into their bike. They were three and six at that point and they managed to come all the way back.
Speaker 3: And you know, have a chance to and they made the playoffs.
Speaker 5: And Bretts and Brett Rippen with the Green Bay it started as the Rams cut him like immediately after.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 1: I think I think there's a lot to worry about with the Rams team because the defense it's gone from good enough certainly last year to not good enough this year. And they're getting a lot of pressure. And this is what happens when you lose you know, the greatest defensive player of all time, and your and your coach who is a good one, and Raheem Morris, You're they're weirdly first in pressure rate, which makes me question the pressure rates stat And yet because there's still one of the worst defenses. They aren't finishing plays. They only have seven sacks, and it's not affecting other quarterbacks enough. It's a lot of Jared Verse and Fisk kind of flying by the quarterback, and so they just need to figure that out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's more like a proximity alert thing, and we got maybe we need a better way to contextualize what.
Speaker 4: I love the proximity alert. That is beautiful, Matt coin that much. It's as well the horseshoes and hand grenades that It's right.
Speaker 1: It's a lot of guys flying by and then the quarterback steps up in the pocket and makes a play on them, I think, is what's happening.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, this, I mean, how are the Packers only a three point favorite? Because there will be more Packer fans in that stadium. And again this is not saying anything about Rams fans. Packers fans show up everywhere. So it's gonna be home game on the West Coast for Green Bay. I just you know, we've talked about Stafford places his heart out. He just doesn't have guys who can move with the ball. Jordan Love gonna get back. He's gonna feel a little bit better. Offensively. I think this is one where Green Bay it's going to ring up a ton of points and put it on the Rams.
Speaker 1: I tend to agree their pass rush hasn't been great. I know there's some Packers fans out there that really want a little more out of Kenny Clark and Rashan Gary. They're big ticket players who've been pretty quiet game change, and I just want a normal game out of Jordan Love. He's had a weird season. The opener was extremely weird on that field. He was a little all over the place. Last week, He's coming back from an injury. Didn't look one hundred percent. That was a really up and down game, and so he just needs to kind of settle in and he can feel better if he doesn't pick up a third down that he's got Daniel Wheelan on his side. There is Irish punter is a problem. I mean this, This guy had a seventy four yard punt last week.
Speaker 3: He created a touchdown by.
Speaker 1: Having a punt so good it went over you know, Minnesota souldiers there and created a short field. This guy, the Irish punter, he's the man.
Speaker 4: This guy the Irish punt, that's my guy. By the way I'm looking at last ten Packers are nine and one. Wow with the Rams as well, I knew there was something whre McVeigh had problems.
Speaker 2: Against the floor.
Speaker 5: The guy that I'm not at all concerned about, who I think has a huge day is Jaden Reid going up against this RAMS man.
Speaker 2: How good is he?
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's explosive in people because for years right everybody was looking for Deebo Samuel and he's not Deebo Samuel with the ball in his hands like prom Debo, but just purely as a receiver.
Speaker 2: I think he's better than peak Debo, what not.
Speaker 3: Noting an he's faster.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's not going to be as physical, No one's as physical, and he's a smaller player. But I agree with you he is a weapon in a similar way to Deebo.
Speaker 3: That's a good call.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is gonna be This is gonna be in a Josh Jacobs.
Speaker 4: I mean, I think this is one where just Green Bay's offense, this is one when you look at the Rams defense, is there something where, like you say, can they can they get it together? Or is it one where the dam just breaks on this defense? Because you talked about a version fisk are fantastic and Byron Young gives him a little something. But where else are where else are they making enough plays, especially when you're facing an offense like this with a quarterback who wants to get his mojo going and.
Speaker 1: A great play caller, too great play caller. I the secondary is. I don't know what they were expecting exactly. It was kind of patched together, but I think they expected better play.
Speaker 3: Maybe out of the safety position. They've been okay, but.
Speaker 2: Quentin Lake's a pretty good player. Yeah, it was.
Speaker 5: It was very jarring to see DeAndre Swift and a Bears offensive line that could not run the ball.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, just gosh them good. I yeah, it's tough. It's tough right now and lost.
Speaker 3: Don't give up.
Speaker 1: Lis my daughter of course a big Rams fan. This is a big game for them, I really mean it. Before the buye, getting to two and three would be huge for them. Packers would be in a world of four two if they lost this game. After losing to the Vikings, We'll be back in just a second.
Speaker 3: On the NFLD League.
Speaker 6: Download the DraftKings Sportsbook app now and use the code Daily. New customers can bet just five Bucks to get two hundred dollars in bonus bets only on DraftKings Sports Book with Code Daily.
Speaker 3: The Crown is yours back on NFL Daily.
Speaker 1: A couple surprising just notes for you on our next game, Patrick Brown Brown's Commanders. First of all, Greg Olsen doing a Browns commander's game in week five shows you that Commanders are becoming one of America's teams right.
Speaker 2: Now, to watch them, watch them.
Speaker 1: Second, a man named Jason Bennetti is the play by play guy, not familiar with his work, and they slade him right into a big chair with Greg.
Speaker 3: Olsen while while Joe Davis is doing baseball.
Speaker 5: That shows me that I believe in Jason. Just that situation, I believe Jason Bennetti is going to call it all.
Speaker 1: I cover these announcers, Steve like some some people cover teams, So I truly might watch this game specifically to do a little Benetti scouting. That's a big spot for them to put him in. That's a lot of confidence they have.
Speaker 2: That'd be great.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you what, You're not going to tune into this game for you to see the high flying Deshaun Watson led Cleveland Browns offense that lost a nasty game on the road to Gardner Minshew last week. At these Commanders who are a three point favorite, which maybe maybe should be a bit more, and the hottest quarterback right now that's not named Jared Golf in the entire en Jaden Daniels.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's really interesting that they're only favored by three. It really shows that they're still waiting information that came before this year in what they expect this Browns team to be, because that's not reflective of the team that they are, which is one of the worst teams in the NFL. I mentioned DVA like total efficiency they have. The Browns actually dead last. They had Miami thirty one. I think the Patriots were thirty and that's because their offense is dead last. Now, Watson played better last week, but the offense was still really struggling, and this should.
Speaker 3: Be a get right type of matchup.
Speaker 1: But if you're a Commander's optimist, maybe you watched last week's game and you thought, okay, is dan Quinn's defensive philosophies starting to take hold?
Speaker 5: Here?
Speaker 1: Frankie Luvu flying all over the place, Bobby Wagner, the cornerback's playing better. It was just one game, but after three really tough performances, they look it's like a decent defense and all they need to be is decent, and I think this team is a contender. They just need to be the twenty first best defense in the league and this team has a chance to make the playoffs.
Speaker 2: It's funny.
Speaker 4: I was actually talking to Dan Quinn about something Tuesday night, the head coach for the Commanders, and he was like, Cleveland gives you a million different things to occupy preparing on both sides to the ball court. Defensively with Jim Schwartz, they do have some players that match up well with with what Washington likes to do offensively. And they have Joka, one of my favorite players who can spy right. They use him a lot as an INSI linebacker who can spy Jayden Daniels right. So They've got some pieces that are nice little counter chips, and I think people, when you look at the three points spread, are still waiting for Washington to see if they can handle being a successful football team. To go back to what Aaron Rodgers says, how do we handle success?
Speaker 3: Handle it well? Last week?
Speaker 1: That was my whole theory of like they're on the road a second time, short week against some you know, decent enough team and they put a forty burger on.
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, Jaden was was was amazing. You know in Cleveland, there's their offensive line issues.
Speaker 2: Sean.
Speaker 4: He just does not look right in any way, shape or form running the offense. I mean not even like throwing the ball or or getting things going in that realm.
Speaker 2: It just does not look functional.
Speaker 4: But again, Washington, like like I said, is this is a proved game for the defense with Dan Quinn and Joe Witt on that side of the ball.
Speaker 2: Their corners are.
Speaker 4: Still something they're gonna that's gonna be an all season long. Working just a personnel is not that great, But they do love some things they saw with their safeties up the spine as the new term goes of the defense. We know how good those tackles are. You mentioned the inside linebackers. They like the way they functioned and how other guys built off of that.
Speaker 1: Little Jerry Newton, the second round pick I was into and during draft season getting some more pop.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So so I think they feel better about their defense, But I think offensively they know it's gonna it's not gonna be layups because Jim Schwartz has got some pieces to counter some of their strengths.
Speaker 5: Well, the weakness of the team is, we know it's zeroed in at the quarterback right now, who if not for bon Nicks, would have the worst EPA on dropbacks right now, he's second worst, negative fifty one and a half. Right, And so like the Browns, it's all on Jim Schwartz. They blitz of forty eight almost forty eight percent of dropbacks on second down. Meanwhile, they might not be the dude to be blitzing against, though Jayden Daniels is getting rid of the ball quickly. Yeah, teams are playing with their safeties close to the line of scrimmage and it's not working. And when the when the Bengals are sending zeros, they're hitting the shots to get you back out of that. And some folks are charting regression. And I would understand that against a traditionally good Browns defense, I'm just gonna need to see him struggle before I say that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and like the defense that you think about with the Browns, they would have gone into Vegas last week week and absolutely dominate. I'm not saying they played poorly, but they just looked like two even teams. They gave up one hundred and fifty two yards rushing to the Raiders. Yeah, so don't run the ball well and and a lot of that was those like wide receiver end a round type stuff. I mean, the Commanders can take advantage with their speed, with in Jayden Daniels's legs, with the over aggressiveness sometimes. I mean Grant Delpit said before last week's game it was a must win, and then they lost. So whenever you lose the must win, I just I just chalk up the next week as a loss too.
Speaker 3: I mean, it is it's dark there.
Speaker 1: They they're spending more cash this If you're Jim Haslim, you're spending he just gave his coach and his GM, I think an extension.
Speaker 2: Of as he should. As he should.
Speaker 1: Uh, he's spending more cash on players than any team in the league. They are the second oldest team in the league.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's because they keep converting all those all those future years into cash. Just real quick, we can't talk about Brian Robinson and whe they're doing with the running game of Washington. That's why those safeties are playing up and I mentioned it yesterday on the pod. Anthony Lynn being you know, their run game coordinator helps out a lot. It keeps Cliff Kingsbury from going gets his tendency to throwing the ball too much. And when you've got a stud like him, Eckler could be back as well this game.
Speaker 2: So this is this is.
Speaker 1: Why their lighting dominated as good as Jayden Daniels is. I couldn't believe how much pass pro he had last week, and it was against Arizona's not known for rushing the passer. But he's just sitting back there chilling. So that's a great job by their front.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and it makes it extra tough because you got to be under control when you're rushing Jayd and Daniels and then when when you're getting Mauleder front on.
Speaker 2: Top of that.
Speaker 5: That was the recipe again, fifty would have been easy and easy he had Dan decided that he wanted to. I'm sure Cliff might have considered won it anyway. But as as Greg pointed out, they're still paying him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's still cashing those checks from mccardill. See he won twice last Sunday.
Speaker 3: It's awesome.
Speaker 2: All right, to our next game.
Speaker 5: It's the Carolina Panthers who traded famously with the Chicago Bears, and here we are the payoff of the trade. DJ Morald one side, Caleb Williams on the side with him, and Bryce Young is watching as Andy Dalton starts for the third straight game former Bears starting quarterback Andy Dalton. So another Dalton revenge game two weeks in a row. Chicago is a four point favorite. Here's Steve. We got Kenny Albert and Jonathan Vilma on the call. The Bears can run the ball now apparently you know, well they ran against the Rams, you know who we were just.
Speaker 3: Talking and the Panthers defense.
Speaker 4: Which which is just you know, where, gosh, where the Panthers do well. I mean, that's one thing you have to kind of ask yourself. This is one of things for Chicago. Let's see if they can get it going right. This is an important stretch for them. But let's see if they can get it going any game they should win, right they you know their defense, They've got the defense to put the heat all over Andy Dalton forced a couple of takeaways and then offensively get the run.
Speaker 2: Try to get the run to balance the pass game.
Speaker 4: Don't put a ton of don't put a ton of it, you know, on the rookie quarterback. But I just think four force probably about the right number for this because I don't see Chicago necessarily rolling over everybody because they're still working through things. But you know, if we're seeing Caleb Williams and in this run game getting it going against Carolina, you know, to me, I think for is a really nice number with the beers on top.
Speaker 3: It just hasn't clicked for Caleb Williams yet.
Speaker 1: There are a couple plays last week where he was so stuck in the pocket refusing to move his feet that you almost could hear the coaching point of don't bail out too quickly, but like he literally just wasn't moving, and that I don't think that's the natural thing for Caleb Williams.
Speaker 3: Like his feet like we're just just planted, just planted.
Speaker 1: And he had people around him, and he hit a bunch of his short passes and he didn't make mistakes in the running game. So that was effective for a week. Could go this is an opportunity against a bad defense. You have the Jags, me and you will be at that key, Steve, you know if you're in the UK, you can see me. I'll be on Sky Sports on the sideline, so we're both sidelines or both sidelines. I'll bump INTI maybe i'll say hi. And what a gift they've been given over there, Yeah, a gift they've been given the by the schedule, guys, I mean to get a bang the Brams team than the Panthers, than the Jags, than the bye, then a Cardinals team that has some issues. You can make some hay here and we can get going. I just want to see Caleb be a little more comfortable.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the discomfort, I think it's going to be on the Carolina Panthers side if matching up these teams, the Bears.
Speaker 2: Defense is the is the clear plus Yes in this one.
Speaker 5: As great as the Andy Dalton revolution has been, and it's nice to see them be a functional football team. Watching Matt Stafford fail to make plays late and again the accumulation of circumstances that that he's facing probably played a role in that. But this Bears defense is just so so so good and it's tough to imagine. Four points feels about right. I'm I'm with the odds makers here.
Speaker 1: I saw a headline from Panthers camp today that was, you know, their coach Dave Canalis saying Deontay Johnson is not available in a trade, which I was like, why would that?
Speaker 3: Is that a question? Why was that? I didn't think that was Why would he be He's like I always like.
Speaker 2: I think the Panthers are sellers right now.
Speaker 1: No, I get it. I think he's on Is he on the last year of his contract? I believe he is so, I guess naturally, maybe in three or four weeks if the record was really bad, teams could come calling. But they want to produce this the first year of under Dave Canalis. I think they would like to have Deontay Johnson long term there. They should not be in the business of giving away weapons, and they should feel better. They're offensive line playing better, and Lagett had a nice Xavier Lagett had a nice game. So that those are the types of things. If you're a Panthers fan, you really are looking towards some of these free agents. Can they work out on the offensive line? Can Laget workout, Deontay Johnson work and then okay, these are guys we can build with.
Speaker 4: And they've got to form some type of nucleus, because right now they don't really have a ton of building blocks.
Speaker 5: Perhaps, you know, is the Pittsburgh Steelers active and trying to find wide receivers for a long time. You know, maybe the breakup should have never happened.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, Yeah, that's fair. I think they're happy with Dante Jackson. That's a rare case where it might be a win win where both both teams are relatively happy.
Speaker 3: But I'd rather have Deontae Johnson.
Speaker 2: To your point, let's go to a little Monday night. Yeah, are you ready for ball?
Speaker 5: The New Orleans Saints at the Kansas City Chiefs, who have been struggling on offense, who have lost their top wide receiver, A five and a half point favorite of course, Joe Buck and Troy Aikman on the call, Greg five and a half.
Speaker 2: That's a big number. That feels like a lot against the good same number.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's almost like they're just begging it. Forget forget the five and a half. I mean, I am going to be very tempted to make the same mistake I've made so many times the Patrick Balms era. Dare to doubt this man at home because it feels like the Saints are better than their two and two record and the Chiefs aren't as good as their four to zero record. And when those two types of teams match up, I tend to pick it evening out. This Chief's offense really testing the ideas that Andy Reid's gonna have because he's going back to sky more on third downs. Like that's not working out. You got Kareem Hunt back in the building. He ran well, but it just that wasn't the plan, you know what I mean? They it will be moving forward, right They wanted to be more explosive this year, and I think they had four explosive players. Rashie Rice, Hollywood Brown, and Isaiah Pacheco are now gone.
Speaker 3: Those were three of the four.
Speaker 1: The fourth, the rookie Worthy is an exciting young player. Can you build more of the offense around him. I think that's going to have to be the challenge as they move forward. I don't know if he's ready for it right yet.
Speaker 2: I do, Okay, I mean, I mean we've seen it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why aren't they using it more? Maybe just I don't know. Andy Reid does slow play rookies quite a bit.
Speaker 4: And we and we talked about you know, first four games or their preseason, let's figure out what's working. And they've had to adjust some things right because of the injury. So everything I've seen that is Avier worthy. Again, if they decide to lean on him now, I think he could have a Z eight Flowers type of impact. Before they're not putting the pressure on him. Now they're putting the pressure on him. I think he's the type of player. He can go big. I mean, that's just the thing against the Saints. Saints got the DBS, like ty Matthew's gonna be sitting over the top of him all game, right, There's not going to be, you know, the type of space that he's been getting, and that's something they're gonna have to stop. So can Andy Reid find out to figure out some things underneath? It gets a very solid Saints defensive front, so it'll be intriguing. My thing, though, is to me, this is more of what are we gonna find out about the Saints. Are they the team that was hanging forty on people the first two or that is decent offensively because they're going up against one of the top defenses in the NFL in terms of making you earn everything that you have to get And are the Saints that type of offense? We saw they look they look like they could play that type of game against the Falcons last week, they just came up short at the end of the game.
Speaker 2: So I don't know.
Speaker 4: I think this is more of a tell on what the Saints are going to because I think they're a pretty good football team. But against this defense on the road, we'll see.
Speaker 5: They are Saints oh and two in close games they got two blowout yep. Those that to two featured some of the most catastrophic mistakes that you could ever possibly imagine that get they could very easily before and O and the Kansas City Chiefs have not been in a game that wasn't a close game.
Speaker 2: They played closely.
Speaker 5: Came down to the wire because particularly of the injuries and the offensive struggles. Patrick mahomes the lowest mark of his career five point one air yards per attempt. So if we want Xavier Worthy getting all these downfield shots, they're just not available in this offense. And I'm I kind of feel like between Nakey and Andy Reid and probably the quarterback as well, those low percentage opportunities, they feel like They're going to be off the field very very fast if they don't hit those and so they don't go to those shot plays as much. This this feels like an opportunity where it's not wish casting to say the same. Now this feels very real.
Speaker 1: I think the offensive line is the biggest, you know issue. It held up well enough last week without Eric McCoy, without Caesar ruiz U, two interior players. McCoy really key, but that was against the Falcons. That's a team you can kind of survive with the shaky offensive line, Trevor Penning and everything. Now you've got to go up against the Chiefs in their front with Chris Jones playing like Hall of famer and George carlislek after week continue and so that that worries me a little bit. It'll be tougher. But I do think there's an opportunity. I think the one the one Calendra I would have to to what you said. Patrick has those catastrophic mistakes. That's a hallmark of this Dennis Allen team. And Alvin Kamara in the locker room afterwards was very pointed about it, like that they make some mistakes, they don't win games that that great teams do, and he was very frustrated because of the blown opportunities that this this keeps happening to us over and over.
Speaker 4: Well, look, you keep on doing the same thing over and over, and that's a habit, you know. So that's an issue, and you don't. You don't beat Kansas City by beating yourself.
Speaker 5: And Kamara's saying that playing with broken ribs, yeah, in a game. It's just I can't imagine the level of frustration to go out there and have a performance like he did with broken ribs and to see them lose to a team that didn't score an offensive touchdown.
Speaker 3: That's the thing.
Speaker 1: I mean that game in particular. I think the Eagles game was more you know, some mental errors. That was just I mean, that wasn't mental air by Rashiza, but you wouldn't think that that would ever happen again. That the pick six was a little crazy. I do like the Saints in this one. I gotta admit, Yeah, I think I keep on board there.
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't like the points battle like the Chiefs.
Speaker 1: I keep blowing it just expecting too much of this Saints team.
Speaker 5: Let's go to our game in Seattle, coming off that heartbreaker score fest against the Lions, a six point favorite against Malik Neighbors and the New York Giants. For some reason, people keep putting dimes on promos about the Giants, and I just have to audibly change it.
Speaker 2: Not the same.
Speaker 5: Elie dabors the Giants. UH Seattle favored by six forty three and a half. Andrew Kettle On, Ticky Barber, Jason mccordy on the call, Steve, where Gino played great, He played a spectacular football game, but the defense literally could not get Jared Goff to throw a single incompletion.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean, look, they had what four four starters in the front seven who were all down. You know, I don't know if they're getting any of those guys back. First, let's go back to your announcers. Jason mccordy doing a good job. It's spectacular. He's really really just a hell of an analyst. You know, props to him. But to get back to this game, you know, the six the sixth number looks big to me for Seattle because you know, defensively, they had their issues. You saw how Detroit really put some good secondary players Rieke willand especially Devin Witherspoon in tremendous conflict.
Speaker 2: I don't know if the Giants have.
Speaker 4: The players necessarily to do that, or the quarterback to do that, or the play caller to do that. But until Seattle gets fully healthy up front, there's gonna be some opportunities there. But Seattle's gonna score. I mean there, the Seahawks are going to put points up. We saw out of Kenneth Walker. Uh, and they're gonna get Now, They're gonna continue to rely on him. I mean, he finally he looks super healthy. I think he's gonna be able to run the ball against the Giants. That's gonna get those pass rushers who are very good for the Giants on their heels, and then Gino just dialing it up. I mean, but he's got going with DK metcalf Is is really special.
Speaker 5: Look at Kenneth Walker right here. That's one of the more athletic plays I've ever seen.
Speaker 1: When he got flipped over lands on his feet and just keeps going. I mean, his ability to change direction. It probably drives their coaches crazy every now and then because he'll have like a minus seven thrown in there.
Speaker 3: He'll lose some plays.
Speaker 1: But my God, it's fun to watch when it works, and it's been working more and more. I think he's gotten better and better as a pro. And I think their offensive line has improved the last time hegree because they were just a tire fire the first two weeks, where you're thinking it's a big, big problem. The last two weeks it's been more like, okay, if you're closer to average. I didn't think Gino was pressured too much against the Lions. When he was, it tended to be the longer, developing plays where he held the ball and he made it happen. And I think that's a good sign for them against a pretty good front. Burns is getting a lot of pressures, he's not finishing plays. Cavon's coming off a big game. You got Dexter Lawrence. I think the this is damning with faint praise, But the Lion the Giants are a good one in three.
Speaker 2: I think I would agree with that.
Speaker 3: I think they've been better.
Speaker 1: I looked at the rest of the one in threes here, I think there's eight or nine teams. I would say that they're like the second best one in three team. I mean that's the least the second life. Yeah, given the first, I'm giving Burrow the first burrow and the Bengals the first, and I would think just an average like weekly play. I think they've probably been a little better than the Rams and maybe the Cardinals.
Speaker 2: I just think they're okay.
Speaker 1: They're all in the same area, but they're just not great at anything. But they're not terrible at anything either. They're just like a little below average at everything.
Speaker 5: If you're looking for a terrible Giants stat uh, you go back to twenty twenty two. On downfield passing attempts, Daniel Jones has thrown more interceptions than he has completion, okay, touchdowns. On downfield passing, there were several times on that game on Thursday Night where Giants receivers were open, they were open and the ball placement was so bad that they the Cowboys defense was able to get back and make plays or the ball just wound up being uncatchable. And after seeing the Seahawks' defense go up against again the most accurate quarterback on the night in NFL history, it's gonna be a feel good reprieve to see number eight on the other side.
Speaker 4: It's inching the Daniel Jones deepall conversation. Some folks, you're just saying because the injuries, he can't uncork anymore. I mean, I don't know if there's any factual truth behind it, but you just see over and over when he's trying to throw that deep ball, it is it is not getting there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I take it back what I said that they're like just below average everything because they're terrible at throwing the deep ball. That's a big factor. And neighbors, right, and when you have good you have Darius Slayton. That's what he wants to major in. And he's a good NFL player. He's not like a great one, but he's a rotation. He's a good player. But you're not taking advantage of him. You're not taking advantage of Jaalen Hyatt who can barely get on the field for his team, and you're going up against some cornerbacks who can play sticky man coverage and that just that limits what you want to do. So yeah, I don't think they'll win this game, but I don't know if I trust the Seahawks to be blowing teams out either. I can see this coming down to the end between the Giants and the Seahawks.
Speaker 3: Why not?
Speaker 2: Yea, why not. Jason mccuardy will really give us a good insight on it as well.
Speaker 1: I think he's doing a great I'm glad you shouted him out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, indeed, and shout out to Eugene Cyril Smith and everything that he's doing in Seattle.
Speaker 2: Let's get to our final game.
Speaker 5: It is another game speaking of the NFC West, A Division matchup between the Arizona Cardinals at the San Francisco forty nine Ers. We're trying to figure out these teams right now. It's forty nine ers favored by seven, but it's just up and down.
Speaker 2: Greg.
Speaker 5: We see the Arizona Cardinals come out, they hang a billion points on the Rams and then the offense has been slow ever since. And looking at San Francisco like when are they going to be the forty nine ers that we I think they.
Speaker 1: Were pretty close to it now. The Patriots are the Patriots, but they controlled that game. They got up twenty to nothing, they had their good players come back. In terms of Debo and George Kittle, I like the direction that they're going. I think they're getting fantastic play out of Rock Purty. I talked about him on Quarterback Island that I think he's playing better than when he was an MVP candidate a year ago. I think he's legitimately one of the five best quarterbacks in the league so far this year. And so if your quarterback's playing that well and you have all this talent around him the defense, that's the question. And this is a good week to continue to try to get healthy because Kyler's just a little out of rhythm, Like his eyes kept coming down and seeing the pass rush last week, he's maybe trying to do a little too much out of structure. He did it against the Rams so much where he's just out there and it's the Kyler show that he might have fallen too much in love with it the last couple of weeks, and you're not seeing a lot of making throws at the back of his drop and in rhythm type of throws to his receivers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the last four games with these teams, I mean the forty nine ers were just rolled Arizona, and you know there's a potential for this to happen right here. Jordan Mason's gonna get some rushing yards here. I mean, he's he's just got it working I don't care what defense they're playing.
Speaker 2: Their offensive line. I mean, look at this right here.
Speaker 4: That's what you call playing on a thread that zone stretch scheme, and he just breaks the first tackle every time. You're not gonna get a clean look at him. But he's just a typical now Niners running back where he's going to get positive yards or watching video of him in the red zone cut back, he's getting into the end zone. That's gonna happen against the Cardinals. They're not great at any level. And tackling, it seems like Buddha Baker's got seventeen tackles every game coming up from the safety spot. That's gonna open up things in the run game. I just this is one brock Perdy. If he throws the ball twenty four times, I'll be surprised because I just think that you're gonna be able to run the ball. Debo's gonna get some runs off. I think this is gonna be a heavy, heavy rushing attack by the forty nine ers at home.
Speaker 5: I'm glad you brought up rock Party because it's kind of getting lost. Rock Party is leading the NFL in passing right now and thirty passing yards this season under that more than Gina under twenty percent of those have been after the catch. Right, So this collective rock party, you know, fraud watch criticism where it's like, oh, this is all this is all yards after the catch and oh Sam Darnold should come in and play instead of him, And like, Brock is playing very good football with the team not being the guys who are consistently in and out. We've we've seen Trent League games, right, but Ayukus had a slow start, they had to rely on Juwan Jennings. It's Brock is playing really really good football right now. And the Arizona Cardinals.
Speaker 1: The young player, Like it makes sense that he's improving a lot this early in his career. He's played so much and in such big spots, and you think of him because he was mister irrelevant as like and I maybe fell victim to this too of like that he's just this guy that isn't going to be as talented.
Speaker 3: But we expect talented young quarterbacks.
Speaker 1: To keep improving in their first five years before they are fully formed, and we're seeing more of the fully formed Brock. Pretty he can continue to get better, but he's he's not afraid to throw deep. No, Like his percentage of deep throws is sky high yards per attempt. He's leading the league by half a yard. I can't question his decision making. Like he's running the ball pretty well too. And this Cardinals defense, after a decent three weeks where you're like, oh, they're playing a little over their skis, came back to earth and that was kind of the Cardinals defense you expected to see a week ago against the Commanders.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And to get back to Brock, I mean, you've heard me say it over and over. He's a killer, right. He is a dude who, when it comes down to it, you test him, he's gonna rip it to you. Like he's not someone's gonna take a shot, right, He's not Jay Cutler type. I'm gonna show you my big arm and try and rip it in there. But he finds the receiver. He is not afraid to throw the ball to where it's supposed to go to to throw Juwan Jennings or whomever who might be covered. I'm gonna put it to where you're gonna catch it. You're gonna make to play. I just think he's a winning quarterback, but not in the oh he's a winner type of right.
Speaker 2: He's a guy who's going to be able to lead you to victory. And I think he's showing that.
Speaker 4: Like we talked about, just everything that they've been without, they've got him.
Speaker 1: The playoff run, I think is going to get a little lost because they lost that game, but the fact that he was in a position where he had to make a drive to avoid a really tough loss in the division round and they get it done by now he was a big part of the reason they were trailing by so much at halftime in the NFC Championship, but to respond like he did, and I will always remember his drives at the end of the Super Bowl in the way that I remember Tom Brady's two thousand and seven drive to take the lead over the Giants as one of the best moments of his career.
Speaker 3: It really was.
Speaker 1: And then they lost the game. Anyways, that's how it happens. Brock Purdy had some incredible moments in the biggest of spots, and this is not that, but.
Speaker 3: They do need to win.
Speaker 1: And suddenly, you know, you lose at home and against the Cardinals and you're two and three and everyone's panicing.
Speaker 3: Trey McBride is expected to be back for this game.
Speaker 1: That is good news for the Fantasy tight End Apocalypse of twenty twenty four.
Speaker 5: It's nasty out there, tumbleweeds and people are fighting for cat food to the tight end world and stuff.
Speaker 1: I got people picking up Elijah Higgins and starting them in my league.
Speaker 3: It's like, who what?
Speaker 5: I'm getting psyched up by Isaiah likely after week one in good call, Steve, Yeah, Gino does have rock by fifty two yards. Okay, so Gino's is still number one, but hey to Greg's to Greg on Ultimate, what a world?
Speaker 1: What a world that everyone just kind of accepts, like, oh yeah, Gino, he's a top ten quarterback, He's the man. It's just accepted. It's not even controversial, not at all. I don't know, let's go. It's just facts. That's what we deal That's what we deal in. What we also deal in here, factual analysis, information, a little bit of fun in the Chris Westling Podcast Studio. Always love doing this previous show with Steve Weish and Patrick Clayband. Thanks for watching NFL Daily. Yes, I'll be back Thursday night. Fun game. Love the NFC South Bucks Falcons gonna be up with Gerald McCoy really excited. Join me live on YouTube about ten minutes after the game.
Speaker 3: I'll be with.
Speaker 1: Gerald and on the podcast version of the show. Also have Ron Rivera for a little discussion, so we got superstars.
Speaker 3: Football is back.