Speaker 1: Hello, it's your name, big money player.
Speaker 2: This is Derek.
Speaker 1: Derek. You ever seen then no Disney Channel show called Life with Derek?
Speaker 2: How have I not seen that?
Speaker 3: Is that? Like?
Speaker 2: Is that a lot older?
Speaker 1: Or how old are you?
Speaker 2: I'm twenty nine.
Speaker 1: You would have you? Maybe you were too old for Disney Channel when it came out. Probably, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was more of a Nickelodeon kid, you know.
Speaker 1: Okay, would you watch on Nickelodeon.
Speaker 2: Fucked on of Blues Clues? Bro that was my ship.
Speaker 1: That's cool. I remember when the Blues Clues movie came out and they had the dog. The dog was in a costume and it was a crazy game changer to me. I actually saw that and was like, how did they do that? How did they make this?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Man come alive?
Speaker 2: And I imagine like seeing that at the at a young age man's mind blowing.
Speaker 1: Well, Derek, I assume you didn't call in to talk about how awesome the Blue School's movie was.
Speaker 2: I did not, You're correct, although I could if you want.
Speaker 1: To tell me what you wanted to talk about initially.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I have very overbearing parents. They I even at the age of twenty nine, they really don't give me much freedom, and it's it's concerning to say the least.
Speaker 1: Okay, when you say they don't give you much freedom freedom, well, I mean I have a few questions. But okay, when you say that freedom to do what specifically what things do they not give you the freedom to do?
Speaker 2: Just like normal adult things, Like they don't even let me move out of their house, even though I have definitely the financial means to be able to do it. They even and because I'm under their roof, they feel like rightfully so, because it's their house that they can dictate, like who I hang out with, what I eat, what I drink.
Speaker 4: So yeah, okay, so I'm if you have the means with by what authority do they control these things?
Speaker 2: I just I just think because maybe maybe it's me just not putting my foot down, but I just feel like if they if they really want me to stay there, that I have to respect that because they're my parents, you know, like like you know what I mean, maybe maybe I shouldn't be doing that, but I do feel like, you know, they did a lot for me growing up, So I thought, I think the least I could do in my mind, not saying it's right or wrong is to stay there with them. They don't really need any help or anything, just to stay there.
Speaker 1: M hmm. Are you and are you in their house right now?
Speaker 2: I am, Yeah, I'm in the basement.
Speaker 1: Just you or any siblings.
Speaker 2: No, I'm an only child.
Speaker 1: Okay, so just you mom and dad?
Speaker 2: Correct?
Speaker 1: Parents still together, They're not remarried or anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they don't have the best relationship, but they're still together.
Speaker 1: Okay. Yeah, if you have the means to move out, and maybe you've explained this already, but if you have the means to move out financially, how come you don't do it?
Speaker 2: Like I said, I think, I think it's just kind of like a subliminal thing, Like I want to I want to respect my parents wishes since they like raised me and like paid for my college and all that. You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Do you want to leave your parents' house or do you kind of like it there?
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't mind it, It's just I feel self conscious about it, I guess is my thing, like because because all my friends my age are all like with their own homes, their own families, you know what I mean, And I'm kind of the only one who's still here. Even though I don't need to be, but I'm comfortable.
Speaker 1: Do you ever leave the house?
Speaker 2: I do, Yeah, I like go hang out with my friends, But like I said, there's sometimes where like I'll say I'm going to hang out with Matt and they'll say no, no, no, you can't hang out with Matt, and I just I just I don't I follow their wishes. I don't know, maybe they're greenwashed me or something.
Speaker 1: Do you have a more do you have a I guess a more compelling reason to stay in your mom's house other than you feel like you owe her.
Speaker 2: I guess just my own comfort, which is being content with what I've known forever.
Speaker 1: Right, And I struggle. I'm taking long pauses what I'm talking to you, because I really do struggle with this thing of like, I truly believe that everyone's wired differently and that there is no right or wrong way to live your life. But if we're talking about whether or not you would be happier not living in your mom's house and being able to go hang out with your friends and live life and not be subject to your parents telling you what to eat and what to drink and who you can and can't hang out with I would hypothesize that you would be happier, But do you agree with that?
Speaker 5: I don't disagree at all.
Speaker 2: I guess I guess where I'm in.
Speaker 3: It's like I don't even know how to start that conversation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like to break apart from it.
Speaker 1: You know, tell me more about why you agree with the hypothesis that you would be happier.
Speaker 2: Because I think, even even though I'm comfortable, I think, deep down I know that having the freedom would be.
Speaker 3: Better for me in the long run.
Speaker 1: What do you do for work?
Speaker 2: I designed a website cool you from web developer?
Speaker 1: I do okay, cool? So you can go anywhere? Really, you don't even have to stay in? What stay you in?
Speaker 2: I'm in Colorado?
Speaker 1: Okay, Oh my god, you can go anywhere if you had to. How would you start this conversation?
Speaker 3: I had to?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I think the right thing to do obviously was just to, like, you sit down with them and be honest. But there's a lot of anxiety around that. I think most people would have, just just because you fear, I fear of the many different reactions I would get from them, and you just like never know until you do it.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: What reactions do you fear you would get from them?
Speaker 2: I mean, in my mind, they could. They could get kind of upset about it, just because they've been kind of like controlling for the whole time that I've been around, you.
Speaker 1: Know, Okay, I asked this question honestly. Yeah, what is so bad about your parents being upset at you because you're moving out?
Speaker 2: Just the fact that I'm disappointing them. It just goes back to like being grateful for what they've done for me as a person.
Speaker 1: I think that you can be grateful for them for what they've done for you as a person, and not view and not let that gratefulness serve as some sort of eternal debt that you need to pay back by allowing them control over your life.
Speaker 2: Right, I see what you're saying.
Speaker 1: You know, I this is not me. This is something I read on Reddit at some point. Your parents raising you is not some kind of a debt that you need to pay back. Okay, it's I I think it's nice that you're being grateful to your mom and your dad, but you don't owe them anything, and you certainly don't owe them, you know, your birth. Your birth certificate doesn't come with a claw that they own all the rights to your existence, uh, in perpetuity. So I don't think it would be I don't think you need to live like that.
Speaker 3: For sure.
Speaker 2: For sure, I know I definitely get that, And I think it all just comes down to in my like I said, I'm just like worried about I've always worried about their reaction to me wanting to get out, and I need to stop worrying about that.
Speaker 1: M h. It's not that bad. It's not going to be that bad. People being upset with you, People being upset with you is not that bad, especially dude. People. People being justifiably upset at you is not that bad. People being unjustifiably and upset at you, that's like, that's nothing, you know right right? I mean you and I both know I I understand that you're afraid, but I think you I think you know that you gotta put your foot down and it's getting upset with you.
Speaker 2: You were mentioning earlier about being a people pleaser, like I feel.
Speaker 1: Like, sure, you know, sure, I thing with people pleasing is it's I think it's OK. I think it's good to be cognizant of people, but not until it has a detrimental effect on you. Yeah, and this is having a Yeah. And also you know you're not like A You're not like I don't know, disabled and need to stay home and like can't, don't, I don't have the means to, you know, leave your house like you're you're a you have friends, you're like you know, you got to you got a whole life except for this little thing. And I think you need to sit down with your parents. I mean, you don't even you don't even need to sit down with them. You can leave them a note, but I should think it'd be good. I think it'd be good for you to sit down with them because you got to face this fear, because it's gonna severely hold you back in life. And you don't want to be forty and living and you know, still repaying this, you know, theoretical debt to your parents and realize that you just wasted a bunch of your life. Right, you're still very young. You can go out and do a billion different things, so you know, go do that all. I mean, also, look, people shit on it, but hanging out in your mom's basement eating chicken tenders and playing.
Speaker 2: Xbox there's nothing like it.
Speaker 1: There's nothing like it's a great life. It's pretty sick. Yeah, it's pretty That's okay. This is why I said at the beginning. I was like, there's no right way to live life. I honestly think a guy who you know, travels the world and get you know, gets in perfect shape and falls in love and has a family and you know, gets an award for creating windmill whatever stuff. I honestly think that guy and a guy who hangs out in his mom's basement playing Red Dead Redemption and getting high and stuff. I think both of those lives are good in different ways. So you know, you do you man?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I appreciate that. Gek, I think I think I just needed to talk this out with someone and it was really helpful. I appreciate it. I think I'm going to try and talk with them tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Okay, good, please do And please, dear guy, what's your name again, Derek? Derek, listen to me. Do not be afraid of your parents. It's being upset with you because you want to go out and live your own life.
Speaker 3: Fuck.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, So is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go.
Speaker 2: H No, thanks for the time on appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Take care m. I'm actually about to go move back into my parents' basement two and I'm excited. I think I'm gonna get sick of it after I think it's gonna be pretty sick for like three weeks. That's you know what. That's the thing is I and I actually take back what I said about the like living your life to the fullest versus sitting in your mom's basement playing video games of the same thing. I think the first three weeks of getting high all day playing video games is like if you could have that, if the first three weeks was the whole existence of that, it would be sweet. It would be better than living your life to the fullest. But after those first three weeks it the returns diminished significantly, so it's probably better to leave your mom's basement. Hello, Hey, what's up?
Speaker 3: Is this?
Speaker 2: Wile?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Who is this?
Speaker 3: This is kay? Yeah?
Speaker 1: What's up? Okay? How's life.
Speaker 2: Currently?
Speaker 6: I am dealing with COVID for the first time, so I feel like asked, So that's where we're at.
Speaker 1: You have you have Let's see wait, so you got through? I mean it's been three years for the first time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, my mom's hast been positive this morning and then it just all happened today.
Speaker 1: So yeah, hm, well, I feel like, well, you're fine. You can probably I mean, no one cares anymore, so you can probably.
Speaker 3: Just go out.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but do I really want to know? It's kind of nice in the comfort.
Speaker 1: Of my home. It's true, that's true. Okay, what's up? What do you want to talk about today?
Speaker 6: Well, I'm gonna say it was about a year ago I saw my sister's booths online with my best friend warmingly. Just for our backstory really quick, I am not close with my sister anymore. She's about twenty two years old. At that time. I was at my dad's apartment every weekend and she was living there for a little bit of time as well, And basically she told my dad, Hey, I'm gonna go see your friends for the weekend. My Dad's like, okay, whatever, I don't really care. The weekend goes by, we've heard nothing from her, only to find out that she flew out to California to hook up with the girl.
Speaker 3: Cool.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so I had to do some internet digging to kind of figure out, like what the hell, why why is she not home? So yeah, she was out in California. And long story short, I started figuring out that she was on this platform like TikTok. I'm not going to say the name.
Speaker 1: How old is How old is she at the time?
Speaker 6: She was probably twenty twenty one, twenty one? Yeah, So basically I found out that she was streaming on this app kind of like TikTok. Again, not going to say the name, but basically she was producing the crowd. She was like on this kind of like a TikTok live, but that other app, and she was basically telling me what she was on.
Speaker 1: She was she was on a cam like a cam site.
Speaker 6: She was camming basically, all right. So, long story short, my best friend and I get into the live and we all have our code names whatever. So she's like, oh, you need to tell me.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I'm sorry. You and your friends find out that you're her sister is camgirling, And as you get you just start hanging out in her live with all the guys that are jacking off to her exactly, So what inspired you to? You know, go ahead, I'll save my questions for the end of this story.
Speaker 6: So, long story short, my best friend Isaac. He decided to pay to get into the live like the next stage. So if you didn't pay, you know, if you didn't pay for the next part, you were just kicked out. We were screen recording the entire time, and it alerted my sister, which we had no idea that was a thing. So so it alerted my sister and she's like, oh my god, do not record. I'll let you stay in, but cut it out now or you're kicked out. So we just kept it going because we weren't going to stop it whatever.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, all right, so stop right there, all right. So I'm gonna not why are you doing all of this?
Speaker 6: Just to figure out why.
Speaker 1: You hold on? So you you find out that your sister is cam girl. You go into her cam to the chat thing you screen recorded. She expresses that she does not want it to be screen recorded, and you continue to screen record it correct why.
Speaker 6: It was more this sounds terrible proof for my dad, I'm like, she is not doing good things. You need to kick her out?
Speaker 1: What why why would you?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 6: Okay, So for in my entire life, she has been a pathological liar. She wasn't able to walk at graduation. She was just a very bad person overall. So her and I never really clicked together. And at that point she wasn't paying rent to my dad. She was just again lying like everything happened and yeah, so what Basically, yeah.
Speaker 1: How old are you?
Speaker 6: I'm nineteen?
Speaker 1: Why do you give why do you fuck? Why do you give a fuck about any of this?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 6: I don't have a problem with like sex work online. However, it kind of hit different when it was like my sister, Yeah, I grew up with her when I you know, I was little whatever. But then she was trying to take that route again just from our history and shit, I was like, nah, you could be doing that or thing.
Speaker 1: Okay, what's your name? Okay, Okay, I'm going to highly suggest to you that, Okay, I'm gonna highly suggest to you that you abandon your interest in your sister's I'm gonna highly suggest that you abandon your interest in chastising your sister's life for any reason other than out of out of out of love for her and desire for her to you know, be better whatever you think that looks like. Highly suggests you abandon chastising your sister's life and focus on your own because this, like I mean screen recording your sister's cam sessions and send them to your dad. There's there's just no reason for you to be doing that.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It was like, it's it's not helpful for anyone.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So we were getting stuff like in the mail, like it was for taxes, so like basically she had to pay whatever company it was, but she wasn't paying them. My dad it had like a weird name. He's like, can you figure this out? What I am looking at here? I'm like yeah, okay. So then that kind of firaled into me finding what the thing was and all that stuff.
Speaker 1: Still, why do you like? This just doesn't seem like something that's productive for you to get involved in.
Speaker 6: No, but it was very interesting with the outcome of it because it was not expecting it at all type of thing.
Speaker 1: What's your relationship? Like with your sister?
Speaker 6: We do not talk. I've tried reaching out and being like, hey, how are you. She moved to a different state. I think she's in Lake Tennessee right now. I'm like, hey, you want to talk and she's like, oh yeah, and then kind of just dropped everything. Whatever.
Speaker 1: I don't think I don't think if you have the desire to repair your relationship with your sister, I don't know if this is the way to go about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I mean she doesn't know that I told my dad, so that was like nothing in the work. So yeah, I would love to repair my relationship with my sister, but from everything she did in like my childhood and whatnot, it was just like it's hard to get back to it.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: Listen, Kay, I'm not going to tell you whether or not you should attempt it to repair your relationship with your sister, but I will say to you, I'm like, get it and you and the fact the fact you say it's interesting, right, yeah, like this was this was like entertainment for you.
Speaker 5: Somewhat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, I think you should. I think and I mean this, I'm not saying this to like be addict to you. I think you should find better sources of entertainment. Okay. I think, like, you know, one thing that will just fuck you up hard is if you don't have anything going on in your own life, and as a distraction from doing whatever you got to do to make it so that there's stuff going in your own life, you fuck around with other people. You know, that's a that's a and and what I mean whatever, Man, you're like young, So I don't fault you for not understanding that right now, but like I just I just hope you I don't know if this one phone call, I don't know if you're gonna understand that in this one phone call, but I just hope that you understand that, because it'll just fuck you up for it. It'll fuck you up forever, like you'll if you don't understand that, you're gonna be like the eighty year old woman calling the cops on the kids skateboarding. That's how you become that is you just have you have no life, and so you see other people doing things and you try to fuck with them because it's something and it's it's not a good road and not that.
Speaker 6: It was just like I was trying to like totally blackmail her. I was like, hey, dad, I found out what was going on. I don't know if you want to hear what's going on?
Speaker 1: But why why? But why why? Okay? Why?
Speaker 6: Because yeah, during that time we she kind of just like dropped everything, did not speak a word to us, Like hey, I'm going up to a completely different state whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's fucking twenty one years old. She can do whatever she wants. She probably paid, she probably paid, she probably makes money doing that, pays around bills with it. She can fucking do whatever she wants. She doesn't have to tell her dad or it. She doesn't have to do any of that.
Speaker 6: Right again, it's just fally like the sister part of me. I'm just like, ah, what are we doing? But like I said, I don't necessarily have a problem with like the work online at all. Is just when I see my sister, I'm just like, dang.
Speaker 1: All right, Well I listen, kay, I don't know, dude, I hope you got something out of talking about this. Is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer.
Speaker 6: Before we go, let's say people, Well, actually, I'm.
Speaker 1: Real Before I know, I what do you? What do you do with your life? Right now? Are you in school?
Speaker 3: Do you?
Speaker 6: I'm a banker?
Speaker 1: You're a banker? Yeah, you can bank at nineteen, but you need to like go to school for that.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 6: I got a it was originally a part time as a teller, and then I got promoted to the timer.
Speaker 1: So school, do you like banking?
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 6: However, some people nowadays have been really grouchy because of the holiday season, which I gets it's busy time and whatnot.
Speaker 1: But sorry, no, sorry, Is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 6: Peace? Love, and I hope everybody has a good night on the stream?
Speaker 1: All right, take care, carey you too?
Speaker 6: Bye bye. Bro.
Speaker 1: Look, dude, if your sister is of age and wants to show her boobs on the internet, you know that's that's her prerogative, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't think it's cool to, you know, start telling on her to everyone.
Speaker 5: Call from Brady.
Speaker 1: But hello, Hey, what's up, dude. I'm a gecko on the computer. I've I just drank a Celsius Energy drink that's a free promotion for Celsius Energy Drink. I drink them a lot, and they have like two hundred milligrams of caffeine in them, which I think is like the maximum. No, I think the maximum, like the the amount that's like, if you go over this, you'll die, is four hundred. So two cans gets you there. But right now I'm only on one and I feel pretty good. I don't know what's in the stuff, but I know the stuff is in me.
Speaker 5: Well, are you jittery?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: I actually feel again, notting Celsius did not pay me to say this. I actually feel really good when I drink these things for like a second. I feel alert. It's like you ever take adderall.
Speaker 3: I have?
Speaker 1: I feel like Adderallly. You know adderall makes you feel a way, make alert, optimistic, all that stuff. If you go, by the way, for those listening, if you go out and drink as elsius and you have a heart attack, I'm not liable for that. What's your name? I don't want to talk about this anymore. I'm Brady, Brady. How can I get you today?
Speaker 5: I don't know, man, I just wanted to hear your voice. I've been partying so much, thought that'd be cool, and I watched you so many I guess years now, but I just wanted to hear your voice.
Speaker 1: That's cool.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: What have we spoken before? Absolutely not what you've been partying? You you're you're You're talking to me like I'm a I'm a lost lover from your life or something like that.
Speaker 3: Oh shocks.
Speaker 5: I mean, I think everyone's a lot lover to me. You know, I try and play it Berry.
Speaker 1: Who are you?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 1: What's your deal? You've been partying a lot?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think too much, man. I mean I got so much going on. I got a good girly, I got a good job. So I just can't stop having fun.
Speaker 3: What is that?
Speaker 1: What is having fun look like to you?
Speaker 5: Having fun to me is waking up and just getting obliterated.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 5: And I know that's not a good thing, but I just love it so much.
Speaker 1: That sounds more like alcoholism.
Speaker 5: It's not even alcohol though it's it's well, it is alcohol, but it's more of just like everything that you could think of. I've tried and I don't know why, because I'm such a good I'm a good boy, you know, like I'd hold the door open for Anny old lady, and I smile at everyone. But for some reason, I just got this demon in me that's like, we have to have fun even when it's not fun.
Speaker 1: What what is everything?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: Are you on heroin or meth? And like are you getting into hard stuff?
Speaker 5: I've tried it, I mean smoked age, but it's not you know, it's it's just not what it is, right, you know, people say it's all that but you know the next thing.
Speaker 3: You know, you're just a loser.
Speaker 1: Do you feel like a loser?
Speaker 5: No, not at all.
Speaker 3: I love my life.
Speaker 5: I got a beautiful fucking girly.
Speaker 3: I got a beautiful job.
Speaker 5: I mean, I got my own place. I mean, it's pretty much more than most people.
Speaker 3: I like to believe that's.
Speaker 1: Really all you could. I think want in life is a good career, a nice place to live, and a girlfriend. That's cool. But also, I mean, I don't know, I'm no doctor, but uh, waking up and getting obliterated every day, it doesn't sound extremely healthy. I mean I do it with skittles, but.
Speaker 5: Well, I don't know you're right, but you know what, Okay, I gotta ask you, Jak, what age would you be okay with? Diana?
Speaker 1: Why are we are you? How long? How long have you been waking up every day and getting obliterated for?
Speaker 3: Oh? Years?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 5: Ever since I was like fifteen?
Speaker 1: Okay? How old are you now?
Speaker 5: I'm twenty two?
Speaker 1: Okay? How much longer do you think you can keep it up for?
Speaker 5: I hope I can keep it up till forty. I mean that's pretty much where I want to go?
Speaker 3: Is that forty?
Speaker 5: Because I like to believe after forty you know you've you've done it, your body has done it. And after forty it's like, okay, we're kind of enjoying what we have. But I don't want to enjoy what I have. I want to enjoy that now.
Speaker 1: It's hard, right, What does your girlfriend think about this?
Speaker 5: She doesn't like it? But oh no, no, I know it's a surprise, right, But I mean, come on, I mean, what do you have you? I'm such a lovable guy and I treat everyone. I mean, I don't want to too my own horn, but I really do take an extra step to be that good of a guy for the extra person that I don't even know, just because I know that I'm going to have less years than the average human being.
Speaker 1: I like the idea that you're a guy where drugs and alcohol have actually made you a nicer, better person instead of a dick.
Speaker 5: That's a scary fucking thing. Get yeah, it is.
Speaker 1: So you don't even remember a time in your life where you weren't getting obliterated every day.
Speaker 6: No, I do.
Speaker 5: But I was just you know, as a kid, I was just so bullied and I always have like a tough relationship like my parents were kind of like the worst. So anytime I was obliterated, I was just giving love. And even when I'm not obliterated, I'm giving love, but I just prefer to be obliterated while giving love.
Speaker 1: Are you obliterated right now?
Speaker 3: No? No, I just got off work.
Speaker 1: What do you do for work?
Speaker 5: I work at a pipe factory.
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: Do you guys? Do you ever get obliterated and go to work?
Speaker 5: I used to, gak I honestly, I'm ashamed to say I used to, and then I got trapped in a saw, like a huge industrial saw, and I almost died.
Speaker 1: It's a good reason to stop doing.
Speaker 3: That, Thank you, Jack. I like to. That's what my girlfriend says.
Speaker 1: How long you've been with your girlfriend?
Speaker 5: For two years?
Speaker 3: Love of my life.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna marry this woman. She gives it all for me, and I just wish I could give it all for her more. You know, that's the scariest thing, gak is. I've always had this nature. And again, I'm not two in my own horn, but I'm just a social fucking guy, and I can reaccuse where it's I can understand when someone is a little bit curious of it. And I just got these demons in me that since I'm just such an obliterated type of guy, I can really get any person to, you know, consider it. And then I don't know why I do it, but I turn them to the dark side.
Speaker 3: And I like it.
Speaker 1: What what does that mean? What do you mean you turn them to the dark side?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: You know we started this conversation. You're talking about like how long do you think you could live?
Speaker 2: Rady?
Speaker 5: But to me, how I look at that, it's not how long I can live, but how many people I can influence to live the lifestyle I live.
Speaker 3: And it's not right.
Speaker 1: Come on, man, what do you talk?
Speaker 3: I agree, I.
Speaker 5: Agree it's not well, but I know it's dark. It's it's really dark.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: What so.
Speaker 1: Well, first of all, you know this is this is I hate to sound like a fucking school principle, but this is drug and alcohol addiction, not the fucking Star Wars. My friends, I completely agree. Grady. You said your name was.
Speaker 3: Did you just say it with a G?
Speaker 1: Brady?
Speaker 5: Grady Brady like Tom Brady, the dude that deflated the football?
Speaker 1: Okay, well Brady, God, I don't know. This is so beyond me. But I'm conflicting. Look on one hand, On one hand, I'm slightly uh uh, I don't know, uh a libertarian on this issue of Like, look, man, if if your prerogative is to go and I don't know if I'm using the word libertarian correctly, I might be stupid, but I kind of think if your prerogative truly is to just you know, spend your life getting fucked up, then you know that's your uh uh right is as a as a free human being on the earth to go do that. But I don't know if it's going to help you in the long run or the people that you have in your life.
Speaker 5: That's an interesting Yeah, I respect that's an interesting What can I ask why you think that?
Speaker 1: Can I ask? You're asking me why I think that getting sucked up every day is not a good thing?
Speaker 5: No, bullet? Well, well when you put it in.
Speaker 1: That, uh, that sounds dumb, Yeah a little bit. Yeah, yeah, it does sound a little dumb.
Speaker 5: No, they think, But that's what I'm trying to fix. Geck, I don't know what to do, because you know, there's I just I believe that I'm a really good person, but I believe I'm also an even better person when I'm.
Speaker 3: Like messed up, and I love to be messed up, but.
Speaker 5: I also love turning people into the stuff stuff, And I'm trying to fix that on me. Like I know it's wrong, trust me, I don't. It's not like I want to. I didn't grow up to think that this is what I wanted. But I mean just being in it and living day to day. I mean just the ability to change a person's aspect or even their day by me being obliterated, like I have a higher chance to make them happy is all I've ever wanted. Like when I was a kid going to school, I remember I wouldn't go to school to learn. I went to school to make people's days, make them smile.
Speaker 1: Brady, this is one of those times in my show where I need to tell you that these problem is beyond me and you need to go see a real therapist slash counselor person. But now that I've said that to you, I'll just tell you this this logic that you have, Like what you're saying, Brady, I think you're a sweet guy and a nice guy. You have good intentions for the Okay, you don't seem like a hostile individual. But this logic that you're bestowing upon us right now is nuts. Dude. You're saying to me right now that you getting obliterated and fucked up is making other people's day. What does that mean?
Speaker 5: Like an example of that would be like if I go to the grocery source sober, you know, and I see an old lady, I smile at her and I say, hey, you look nice. But like if I go and obliterated the wrong word. But if I go and I've had a bump or I've had anything, you know, just a toke or just a drink, you know, I can go to that lady that's working a cashier and I can really look at her and be like, you know what, I just want you to know that, like people love you, and sometimes it does backfire and then they look at me like I'm a junkie, which is respectable.
Speaker 3: I kind of am, but on the edge radio, it's those small moments.
Speaker 1: Sorry yet, Brady, you can do those things without me. Ready, you can you can tell a person to have a nice day without being on cocaine. Ready again, I'll say this because you know, I think you're I think you're a sweet guy. But you're the logic that you use to live your life every day. Is is a fallacy, and is is fucked up and is gonna make your life and the life of people around you worse. And I want you to understand that because I and because I think that to your core you're a good guy. I want you to understand that and and try and take that into like some real therapy, because I I don't I I I don't agree with a single thing that you've you've said to me. I think hiding in you is a sweet guy who wants everyone to love everyone and uh wants everyone to have a nice day, and wants to be entertaining and make people laugh and make people smile. And I can you can I get how you can get into a trap of thinking that you need to be fucked up on cocaine and alcohol every single day to make that happen. I understand the math of how you got there, but that math is wrong. And I hope you understand that these things that you want to do and accomplish, and this person that you want to be, and this energy that you want to radiate, can all of those things can be done without you having to take a bump of cocaine first. And I don't know what to do to make you understand that more than just telling it to you. But you need to unlearn those things about yourself because I think they're just going to be very detrimental to you.
Speaker 5: Hey, you know, I get I really appreciate your honesty, and I do I take your words deeply, but if I can open up just for one second, you talk about therapy, and this is the one issue I've had as I've had therapy. I have family members that are close to me that are counselors, but I've struggled with therapy before just because I've been groomed by a therapist. And then I had one of my best friends be a therapist and he just completely turned to the dark side, like the worst team than.
Speaker 3: Being I've ever met.
Speaker 5: So it's both of those has really turned me away from ever getting well.
Speaker 1: You Okay, I'm very curious about this because you've used this phrase the dark side several times, and I think you have it has a different meaning when you say it about your friend. What does it mean when you say about your friends, well, me.
Speaker 5: Turning people the dark side? You're right, You're right, me turning them to the dark side is more of just like evil versus like, really drugs is what that is, versus him turning to the dark side was more of an arrogance high and mighty. I don't care what you say because I'm always right type of deal.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 5: But I'm gonna be I'm gonna be honest with.
Speaker 3: You, Jack. That's not the main reason.
Speaker 5: The main reason is. I mean, when I was fifteen, I was groomed by a therapist m So it's really hard for me to even trust someone who has that kind of power. And you have to listen to them.
Speaker 1: Brady. First of all, I'm sorry that they happened to you, but I I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: Look look Brady, you don't have to do anything. But if you're calling me and you're asked, I don't even know if you're asking me. I don't know if you came on here just to tell me these things or to ask me for my perspective on them. But did you come here to just tell me these things, here to ask me from my perspective on them? I want to I genuinely would like to know.
Speaker 5: Honestly, I came in here to hear your voice. I mean, I love your perspective and I've been a long time listener, and you do. You've got some very just you tell it how it is. And I really respect that, even though you have your own issues going on. But I do really respect how you give advice even you want you want to tell people what to do, even though you don't want to tell people what to do. But you just have that deep thing inside of you where you you know what's right, and I would.
Speaker 3: Love to hear it.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm on the only I I the only reason I'm being so I'm gonna be so honest with you. The only reason I'm being so adamant in this phone call is because I'm on a lot of Celsius energy drink caffeine right now, and it's hyping me up.
Speaker 3: I'll sponsored, Oh god, I.
Speaker 1: Don't I don't know, Brady, I don't know. It's it's it's it's beyond me, man. But I I just think that you're doing the wrong math in your head about the person you want to be. I like the the crux of where you're coming from. You know, you want to be a posit, you want to be a cool guy. Smiling at old ladies at the grocery store or and just and follow that. But I just I need you to understand that that getting fucked up all the time is not the best way to achieve that, uh, that goal I think with when it comes to the drugs in general, it's like anytime you you take some aspect of your personality or of your life and you make it a condition that you can only be that way when you're on drugs, you just told you just fuck yourself for no reason, Like it's it's it's really a stupid thing to do. Like any anytime you're like, oh, I'm a better person when i'm fucked up, I'm funnier when i'm fucked up, I'm nicer when i'm fucked up, I'm more whatever. When any you take any positive trait and you make it a condition that you can only be that trait when you're fucked up, you just you're doing that for no reason and it's not going to help you. And I want you to understand, Brady, that the thing that's causing you to want to smile at that old lady is is a is a desire within you that has nothing to do with being fucked up. So if you get any I don't know. I I appreciate that you like the show and you wanted to hear my voice. But if if you get any, if you can think about anything after I hang up from this phone call, I just want it to be that you you have a you have a your fundamental understanding of who you are and why you are that way is fucked up, which I know is a crazy thing. And I don't know. It's probably not my right to say that to a stranger, but you should. You should rework yourself to understand that you can be all the things that you want to be with that him to be fucked up all the time. Is that a fair thing to say? Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's beyond favor, buddy. I mean, you're spending facts right now. Of course is an issue. I'm not arguing this is an issue. The only thing I'm saying is I've just I've I've done this for so long and I didn't have any parental conditioning to pull me away from this. So from fifteen to twenty two, I mean like I've just been I know, I don't have to be messed up to look at a lady and say, hey, you know what, I really hope you have a beautiful day because that's in me.
Speaker 3: But it's also in me the drug.
Speaker 1: And I know it's not but you, but but but but Brady, you get your I I'm I'm I'm very sorry to hear that you experienced what you experience. But I really think at this point in your life, you get to decide whether or not certain things are a part of you. And I think it would be helpful for you to really sit down and understand what parts of you are helpful for your life and what parts of you are not helpful. And I'm not you know, like I said, I if you want to get fucked up all day, uh, that's your prerogative. And I get where you're coming from. And I'm not going to tell you whether or not your your life is going to be better if you do it, or even if you I don't even know if you care about whether or not your life would be I don't know what you care about. But I just Brad, I just hope you think about you know, I hope, I hope you examine the beliefs that you have about yourself and really prod at them. Uh, so you you know, are living intentionally instead of just letting yourself get swept away by your your your habits and entrenched beliefs that didn't even really come from you. Does that make any sense? So much sense?
Speaker 5: I really appreciate you telling me that.
Speaker 1: For sure, this got way more. I swear to God it's I actually feel This is not an ad for the Celsiest energy drink. It's really not, but I actually feel like the energy. I actually feel like I was fired up because I'm on so much caffeine that i was acted like a school principle for the entire time of this call. Thanks for letting me do that, Brady. Is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 3: You know what there is.
Speaker 5: I just want to tell people, you know, in your darkest moments, you're really gonna look around and they're gonna wonder what is.
Speaker 2: What means most to you?
Speaker 5: And coming from a guy who has almost died messed up on drugs at work, those small moments where you just think it's all gonna be over, the only thing you're ever gonna think about is the people closest to you. So just remember that, don't don't follow money, follow the moments of people.
Speaker 1: Thanks for calling, Brady. I love you, dude. Sometimes with this show, I'm like, I'm gonna probably watch this phone call back and be like, how the who the fuck is this guy that's talking right now? I don't know. I'm in over my head with a lot of this shit.
Speaker 3: I meant.
Speaker 1: I don't take back anything that I said. I hope it got through Brady in some way. I think he's a good guy. But yeah, I don't know. I'm in over my head doing this shit. But you know, it's my life now.
Speaker 3: This is what I do.
Speaker 1: I I talked to strangers on the phone about sometimes crazy things. So I don't know. Let just let's just do it. What's the worst that could happen? What's the worst that could happen? I don't know. Okay, all right, let's keep this all right?
Speaker 3: Hello?
Speaker 1: Hey, Hello, what's your name?
Speaker 3: Oh? Hey, this is Cliff? Holy crap?
Speaker 1: Hey, Yeah, what's up Cliff? What's going on?
Speaker 3: Baby? I am just having a nice Friday. You're gonna go out and see my girlfriend to night and have some drinks and doing good man?
Speaker 1: That's cool, man. I like I like the base, I like a baseline life, you know what I mean, Like a baseline day, Like no one died, nothing amazing happened. It's just you going to eat food with a person that you like. That's a good day. Oh yeah, that's that's good.
Speaker 3: I mean I went to the dentist or that.
Speaker 1: That that didn't change a single thing in my opinion. Cliff, what's what's up man? Would you want to talk about today?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Well, I wanted your thoughts on what men who do aerial filks are supposed to wear pants wise, because like a lot of other students in the class, like it's mostly women, and a lot of them were like really really tight yoga pants, you know the kind that like have the stitch and the butt.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: For me to answer this question, I need you to explain exactly what the hell you are talking about.
Speaker 3: Oh oh right, okay, So have you ever been to like I've seen it at the ren Fair or at I don't know, a different performance like you might see it like like variety shows or live performances where people are kind of hanging from like silk fabric way up in the air.
Speaker 1: It's kind of like yeah, yeah, yeah, it's like a giant it's like a giant handkerchief and people are twirling around, right.
Speaker 3: It's a giant handkerchief.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, Yeah, Okay, I know what you're talking about. Oh that's cool. Yes, do that?
Speaker 2: I do?
Speaker 3: Actually, yeah, I really I've really been enjoying that for about a year now. I think cool.
Speaker 1: I like that, would you ever do? You should like dangle out of a helicopter and do that ship that'd be awesome.
Speaker 3: Holy crap, that's really cool idea.
Speaker 1: So this is about what you should work while you while you defy gravity.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because all right, So, like I said, like a lot of the you know, it's predominantly a is it a sport, a dance, a hobby? Uh? Anyways, like it's predominantly like it's it's email dominated if you will, sure, And yeah, like a lot of the women and you know, they wear like, you know, like dance outfits and stuff where like with the tight like leggings and stuff like that and like yoga pants and stuff like that. But they really don't make that for guys. And I've figured out a system, but I just kind of wanted, like, you know, some extra thoughts on I want to see what you thought of it.
Speaker 1: Listen to to prance around h dangling from a silk sheet. Uh, I think would invite the same amount of criticism as would wearing women's clothing. And you, my friends, Cliff, seem as though that criticism is is is but a little a little gnat flying onto your arm that you smack and move on with your life. And so I don't really think it matters what fuck pants you wear while you while you hang out of a helicopter holding onto a handkerchief that's actually really insightful.
Speaker 3: How did you like get into your brain and pick that out so easily?
Speaker 1: Well, because like I guess, I don't. I mean, I mean, here's the thing. This is any guy, any any guy who's doing a a female dominated activity, if you're a poll dancer, a cheerleader, whatever it is, I assume you're already don't really care what people think about you doing this, and so I don't see why you would all of a sudden care about what people think about the pants that you wear, you know.
Speaker 3: I mean, to be honest, most of my concern is how much is when you're gonna show that's pretty much?
Speaker 1: Well, look, look, I mean we're not you're not showing any It's like it's just the outline.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, pretty much. And I actually kind of recently had to buy and a dance belt to be able to I mean that OUB scares a lot of outline and a lot of and it gets gets gets it gets your bits out of the way pretty darn effectively. Why.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, look these performances, this is you're not doing this for the Ringling bros. All right, this is not a family event. I assume that's true.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: These are all these are these are all grown adults who can handle.
Speaker 3: A little bit of.
Speaker 1: A bulge.
Speaker 3: I think, you know what. In fact, one of the places that I really kind of would like to perform eventually when I get my confidence level high enough is at like burlesque shows and kind of like kink friendly dance events and stuff like that. Aerialists do stuff at those types of events.
Speaker 1: Those people are paying for deliver.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're right that, Yeah they want that. Should I accent my balls?
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't really know what that means, like enhance or maybe even decorate. U.
Speaker 1: Now, now you're on a you're on a different spiritual plane than I am. What does decorate your balls.
Speaker 3: Mean, I don't know. You got me thinking, man, like, what if I could, like, uh, I don't, I don't know, paint it, put like a mask or something, or a smile, like a yellow smiley face, or a like. Oh man, I could cut the face off of a off of a doll, like a baby doll and put that there.
Speaker 1: All right, So you've gone from is it weird to wear yoga pants to Hey, I've got an idea. I'm gonna cut the face off of a doll and put it on my dick.
Speaker 3: You know what you gained?
Speaker 1: You've gained so much confidence over the course of this call, and I'm very happy to see it.
Speaker 3: This is the effect. This is the get effect.
Speaker 1: Hey man, I'm just along for the ride.
Speaker 3: This is all you. Oh wow, that's awesome. Thank you.
Speaker 1: Where are you? Where can I see?
Speaker 3: Where?
Speaker 1: Where is this?
Speaker 2: What do you?
Speaker 1: Where do you do this?
Speaker 3: I'm in Charlotte. It actually when you came to Charlotte recently, I held the door for you, and you told my girlfriend and I that we're going to go crazy that night, and it would meant a lot to me to get a little picture with you and stuff. So that was awesome. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Hmm.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to think what h what was it about you say that you're gonna go crazy tonight?
Speaker 3: I don't know. But after the show, I just happened to be like by the door and we just kind of like got up and skid oudled and held the door for it, and you were like, we made I can't contact earlier, and I was all like, oh I noticed me and and yeah, and then we just said, hey, why you're in me and greeten outside? And I don't know what. I don't know why you said that. We actually had a really tame night that night. I wish we had gone crazy.
Speaker 1: Were you wearing yoga pants with your penis bulging out in them?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I wasn't.
Speaker 3: Maybe you know, maybe I should have.
Speaker 1: I have no comment on whether or not you should have. But okay, what's your girlfriend think about this? You have a girl, you're you have you're in a relationship.
Speaker 3: Yeah for three years going great? She's awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is a woman in your life who loves you? Know whether or not you wear women's clothing? Isn't that a cuzy? You're so lucky, that's amazing.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm actually looking for like dance, like they do make dance leggings for men. I don't know, you know, because like if you wear like women's dance leggings, there's a stitch there that, man, it is not comfortable.
Speaker 1: What does she do is she does she play rugby?
Speaker 3: She? Oh? She she does cosplay. She likes to make costplay and is very supportive of me doing silks and is just the coolest cutie you ever meet, purple hair. I don't know. That's the thing.
Speaker 1: Cliff, you and your name is Cliff, Cliff, you got a cool life? Goy? Do you do you have any advice for me?
Speaker 2: How do I?
Speaker 3: How do I live?
Speaker 1: I want to live like you man, doing whatever you want. You're you're in love, You're getting you honor me hm hm.
Speaker 3: You know what, I think I could actually say the same thing back to you exactly. You are living your life. I'm sure you're in love with things you are. You have a successful show going on that you're touring with. That's amazing. And man, you're just like going out some decent widinds of people while also remaining humble. I don't know, maybe we both just need to kind of like keep you know, keep up with good work. I guess you know, you know what?
Speaker 1: You know what, Cliff, You're right, I am awesome, and I'm going to start uh being a being a real dick about it.
Speaker 3: Look well, okay, Uh, you know what, I don't know. I don't know if I can.
Speaker 1: Support I'm just I'm just, I'm just I don't know why I'm talking the way that I'm talking.
Speaker 3: Unless you're a dick about it. Unless you're a dick about it while you're like decorated with the cutoff baby doll head or decorated or something like that, you're.
Speaker 1: A crazy cl you know what, I I you know, it's funny. I'm very happy to hear that. When we met, I said to you that you two are going to go crazy tonight because I you because I I don't know what it is. But and now that I've talked to you, there's got to be something about your face that expresses your personality, because you seem like the kind of guy that's that's gonna go crazy tonight.
Speaker 3: I wonder. Yeah, so well it was Friday night, so so yeah, I go crazy on Friday night.
Speaker 1: Cliff? Is there I think else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go.
Speaker 3: Man, the people of computer. I was gonna say, hey, one, do be you do your thing, and man, I really appreciate everything you do for the people of the computer of which I won. And man, thanks for talking to me. Holy crap, this has been an honor.
Speaker 1: Thanks Cliff. I appreciate it. And by the way, you know, if it makes you feel any better, these gecko pants that I wear are pretty close to yoga pants style fabrics.
Speaker 3: So I bet you we are.
Speaker 1: You know there were We're in the same boat here.
Speaker 3: All right. Man, Well, hey, keep keep the boys comfortable while you're sitting there.
Speaker 1: Thank you, brother.
Speaker 3: Take care Cliff, all right, take care of a great one. Man.
Speaker 1: Cliff's a nice guy. I agree with what he said. Be you, you know, do what you want in this life, unless if what you want to do is kill people. I mean even then you know no, actually no, you shouldn't do that. You shouldn't you shouldn't kill people. That's my official. You can quote me on that. You can quote me saying that.
Speaker 2: Never kid goes on the line taking your phone calls every night.
Speaker 1: Never be kid goes doing to ride. Who's teaching you aloud? In the matter of your
Speaker 5: Life, but he's not really an expert.