Speaker 1: Looking for a mortgage bank to help you make your next major mortgage move, whether it's a refi or home purchase, regardless of whether it's your first one or one of many. Consider our friends at Stockton Mortgage, but don't just take our word for it. Stockton Mortgage has over seventy thousand five star reviews and counting, just like this review from.
Speaker 2: Joshua, who says this about his experience with Stockton. They were super professional, always answer my questions I had, and streamlined the process. I could not ask for better people to help me and my family get our first house. I feel blessed to be able to go through them. Be like Joshua or the sixty nine, nine hundred and ninety nine others just like him, and get started with Stockton Mortgage today by going to Stockton dot com and get started. I've even used Stockton Mortgage myself on my own home loan. For your home loan needs, Stockton dot com and click get started. Stockton Mortgage NMLS eight two five nine Equal Housing Lender NMLS, Consumer Access dot Org.
Speaker 3: Welcome back number two. Here live in Milwaukee at the UH at our Embassy Airbnb, Old and Haunted but filled with us. We're gonna do a cribs tour or Mario and Drew our little laters. He looked for that this afternoon. Uh. Text machine is seven seven two four five two five four Shannon, I'm finding out thing about things about Kentucky's hotel where Kentucky stayed. We just saw a picture of the Saint Kate's Hotel. Let me give you some facts. First of all, when you walk into the Saint Kate's Hotel and you check in in Milwaukee, they give you a glass of champagne so our players might be lit.
Speaker 4: We don't need that, all right, Nope, don't be partaking in that. We got a game, a lot of them twenty one though team.
Speaker 5: Yeah we're not postgames. See you think our team all just got their little flutes out and toasted.
Speaker 4: You can't do that.
Speaker 3: Can't be doing it. It was named in twenty twenty four one of the ten best hotels in America for brides.
Speaker 5: Well half the team's engaged. Yeah, sure their wives are with them.
Speaker 3: Like here where we're gonna go, We'll come right back. I just saw a couple of pictures online of the rooms and they are whoa I mean look, and I'm not saying whoa like nice?
Speaker 2: Woe?
Speaker 3: Like? Are you insane that their rooms are made of vibrant and eclectic canvas? Look at that room right there, This is where our players are staying before the game. Looks like a teenage girl designed.
Speaker 2: It but.
Speaker 3: Having it. You don't like that, Mario, I want you to think about that's where Otega Away is gonna stay before. I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't know what I like that like I need. I need the players getting in the mindset to you know, be ready to beat somebody's brains and not staying in a power I'll tell.
Speaker 3: You if you're listening, I can't describe what this looks like. You just need to google it. Saint Kate's Arts Hotel rooms. By the way, somebody later send me the Google trends. I always like when we say something like that and how it goes up. But like, this is where our players are staying. It looks like it's like there's leopard print cors leopard print carpet, red color.
Speaker 5: And pattern, and there's a pattern on the ceiling.
Speaker 3: I think that would be hard to get rest in there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that looks like a place.
Speaker 2: Someone with mush watch my guys to be like in a motel six and bringing their lunch pail to work. I don't want them to bring there.
Speaker 3: You don't want to be at a motel.
Speaker 5: They should be at the embassy with us.
Speaker 2: This embassy, this is where they're staying.
Speaker 3: That.
Speaker 4: It reminds me of the time we stayed in the quilt boutique. Remember that.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I remember this.
Speaker 3: Is I mean, look at that.
Speaker 5: I couldn't sleep in that.
Speaker 3: Now, So people, we don't I do it justice Like it's like bright colors leopard print, but like eight different prints, one on the ceiling, one on the wall, one on the floor, one on the table.
Speaker 5: It's kind of psychelica.
Speaker 3: The vibrant and eclectic canvas rooms at Saint Kate the Arts Hotel.
Speaker 2: All the rooms are like that.
Speaker 3: Then. I don't know at all, but that one.
Speaker 4: Is if we lose to Troy, it's because of this room. I just stay at a holiday and Express next time, not a boutis.
Speaker 3: So we have champagne and art.
Speaker 4: I don't like it. I don't like the vibe. I don't like the vibes about this whole situation right now.
Speaker 2: I don't either.
Speaker 5: I think every Tim stand at a double tree a gett that free cookies winning today, and still I should go through and find all those teams.
Speaker 3: No one that knows where Alabama State is. As I wondered what I did with my house when I was right, I gave it to Alabama State guys location lots of books to change.
Speaker 2: Maybe with him he played at Alabama State, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we learned that yesterday and played all right. So let's uh, let's go the phones. Who's up first. Jimmy is up first. Jimmy go ahead.
Speaker 6: Jimmy, Hey, Jimmy here, I can hear you find Matt Uh. I just want to say, Jimmy loves Rick. But I want to ask you. Do you know about the goose controversy at Cain's in Nicholasville.
Speaker 3: I don't, but I already like it. There's a goose controversy at the Canes in Nicholasville.
Speaker 6: Oh, it's hair on Facebook up, I'm telling you listen. So there's a goose family, geese family whatever.
Speaker 7: They're living in.
Speaker 6: The park lot of the canes, all right, and somebody got out of the car and hit a goose with a pillow. Yep, that's right. And to get this, somebody, Are.
Speaker 3: You telling me the truth or you trying to be funny? Like, is this a real thing? Or are you trying to make a joke.
Speaker 6: Dude, this is Nicholas Field.
Speaker 7: I'm serious.
Speaker 6: That's how it is down there.
Speaker 3: So listen.
Speaker 6: The video got on Facebook and now, oh there.
Speaker 3: Is a video. Okay, hang on, we're pulling up the video. All right, so alright, wait a minute. But it was in the Why all right, Drew doesn't know how to work computer. But it was in the Washington Post. No, it's in the What's Happening in Nicholsville. That's not quite the same as the Washington.
Speaker 5: It's a little different.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So yeah, he's getting out of the cane pretty close and then he oh, wait ante he does beat the goose with the pillow multiple hits. Who is this guy?
Speaker 6: Here's the The question is does he deserve a fifteen thousand dollars fine and in one year jail?
Speaker 3: I don't know if he deserves jail, but that's really terrib Okay, so I appreciate the call. I thought this dude was kidding. But this guy, if you go to Facebook, it's on the What's Happening in Nicholsonville facebook page, which the top post is someone selling a chair, but you have to you have to scroll down. And then when you scroll down, this guy is getting out of his van at Canes in Nicholsville and he takes a pillow out of the back of his van and just starts hitting a goose. Why did he do that?
Speaker 2: Crultied animal?
Speaker 3: He should get yes, he I don't know about prison, but he definitely that guy should definitely get a fine and should be get a misdemeanor. You cannot walk around with the pillow beating goose in the cane geese in the Canes.
Speaker 4: Park and a van from Canes you never get to go to ca Lifetime band.
Speaker 3: And he just drives off. He just hits the goose. First of all, why was that person filming that? By the way, I don't just sitting at Canes filming the parking lot.
Speaker 4: But maybe he can't. May that was like the second time.
Speaker 3: You know, this was March sixteenth, So what was that? That was Sunday? Right, Sunday?
Speaker 2: Sunday, Yeah, Sunday.
Speaker 4: What day was it?
Speaker 3: Literally he literally just repeated. People accused him of repeating by that he went what he went Sunday, just Sunday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I think the guy needs to be sentenced to clean up all the goose poop over there at the canes because there they leave it poop like everywhere.
Speaker 3: Oh so you know about these canes.
Speaker 2: Geese, No geese just anywhere, Like they're at my bank. They just hang out on the bank. There's goose poop everywhere.
Speaker 4: We used to have geese that would hang out the radio station and they would get mad at us and they would get on the roof right above the studio and start stomping.
Speaker 3: We were jumping over the KSR. You'd hear pecking, geese pecking at the roof. Well, there you go again.
Speaker 4: NCAA tournament preview there.
Speaker 3: Geese and kanes. Montgomery County banked in a three at the Buzzer last night to beat upset George Rogers Clark in a packed house in Mase was rocking like it hasn't rocked in years and they're in the sweet sixteen first time, I don't know in a long time.
Speaker 2: Or yeah, it was at it was at Mount Montgomery County was in Mount Sterling.
Speaker 3: Which is what I said. Oh no, I said, Maze, Sorry, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Yet and it was Caden Red banked in a three pointer he was not even eligible to like a couple couple of weeks ago. Banks in the three pointers sends MOCO to the Sweet sixteen because GRC has dominated that region for the.
Speaker 3: Last So how long has it been for Moco.
Speaker 2: I don't know. It's gotta be at least fifteen, Maybe I must say five, because actually after I.
Speaker 3: Said that, it's been an award winning segment from right here.
Speaker 2: Actually after I said that, I think they were there like about five years ago, because you guys made fun of me because I was it's been a.
Speaker 3: Long time ago, like fifteen maybe five.
Speaker 5: Yeah, how did he just get eligible for the tournament? That sounds like a story in itself.
Speaker 2: Well, he transferred from Mason County and KHSA didn't really eligible to like end of January.
Speaker 5: Okay, so he's been more than just it's been just like according to Kentull you Sports radio dot com, first time since twenty thirteen that they've been there.
Speaker 3: So you're closer the first time. Yeah, Well, congratulates Begoverner. Kid banked in a three at the buzzer drew. The video is great of the people kid like kids rushing the court, and it was just cool scene.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, whatever happens in state who they could win a game, not win a game, that will be something that kid and his teammates and maybe even the students they remember forever. I mean, they rushed the court. You just don't get that very often. To win a regional tournament, punch your ticket to Reperena.
Speaker 4: I think about the losing team, imagine losing on a banked that.
Speaker 3: My goodness. GRC's like won the region every year, so they'll they'll probably be all right, who's next?
Speaker 2: Sparky is up next?
Speaker 3: Sparky? How are you Sparky?
Speaker 8: Good?
Speaker 9: Good morning, Matt. I'd get my primary radio listening from either KSR or NPR. Has anyone called to talk about Kentucky being featured on Morning Edition today?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 3: What was on? I like Mourning Edition?
Speaker 9: Okay, So they were doing a story. A Martinez was doing a story about Cinderella teams and explaining to your average NPR listener that you know, may not understand how brackets work. The unfortunate part was the guy they brought on kept talking about Cinderella teams beating Kentucky over the last few years. So they talked about Jack Guilty, they talked about Save Peters, and they compared us to Purdue, which historically Kasars had a lot of conversation hating on Purdue bonking in the tournament. And so I really don't want our team to go down in history feeling compared to Purdue. We gotta beat Troy and get this bad taste out.
Speaker 3: Of our produce. Had a number of losses to lower seeded teams. I appreciate the call. I've been on NPR to talk to tournament a number of times because they used to have a producer from Kentucky and they would have me sort of explain to the you know, nerds of America what the NCAA tournament is. But in all reality, if we were to lose to Troy and three of the last four years go down to a fourteen seed or worse, that puts us in some pretty horrible company. And and Purdue is really the other one that that's happened to over the years. We just can't let that happen.
Speaker 5: No, I mean every I think most people when you get your bracket, you kind of look who produce playing because you know it can happen happened twice in three years before they had the Final four run. Last year also, Ansley alman Or knocked Purdue out as a number one seed.
Speaker 3: Its magic.
Speaker 5: But I someone sent me a screenshot Apple TV, which I used to love. It had their March Madness four games to watch that it recommends on the homepage, and it was Texas Western, Christian, Latner and Oakland were three of the four. So we're already kind of getting that treatment this season going into the Troy game.
Speaker 3: Hubby's wife Sarah, who is also uh one of my money help her. I guess that has a.
Speaker 4: Term, not money financial advisor, better my money helper.
Speaker 3: This is like we're Thursday morning of it just getting started. She says she's from Montgomery Huns and she says that they went in twenty thirteen, but before that it was nineteen ninety five, so it only been once since nineteen ninety five.
Speaker 2: Big win, big win. They were lined up two hours before they even opened up the doors. I think in Montgomery County.
Speaker 3: Yesterday we have crashed the Saint Kate's Art Hotel.
Speaker 5: No way, I gotta give a shout out to a friend of mine, he texted me earlier this week about the Saint Kate's Hotel and how nice it is and how good the restaurants are, and he said he hopes Kentucky is staying there, so maybe it is the place to be. That was sent long before we go.
Speaker 3: We'll say back before they when I was looking at places to stay, I almost picked that, but it was a little out of what iHeart was going to pay. And so I was like, well, but so we could have been there, we could have been a scene. Instead, we're here instead.
Speaker 5: I know, we have more fireplaces than the other place. There's a fireplace in every room in this house. That's had to do something with all the bodies. Yeah, who's up next? Wrong with God?
Speaker 3: Josh? Up next? Josh?
Speaker 10: Go ahead, Josh, Hey man, what's up? It is the greatest time of year. This is the first year I've actually taken off today and tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Oh that's awesome. This is the time to do it.
Speaker 10: Yes, oh yeah, trying to trying to reverse some of the mojo for the past couple of years.
Speaker 7: I got my two TV set up.
Speaker 10: I'm ready to go.
Speaker 7: Also, one more.
Speaker 10: Thing, Hey, Drew, Yes, my wife says up, let's have a weekend voice.
Speaker 4: Whoa, whoa. I don't know, it sound like an invitation.
Speaker 3: Like there's I feel like there's been more thirst towards the k as Her hosts in recent in recent years, in the recent weeks.
Speaker 4: Then we just get older and more handsome. That's right, especially right.
Speaker 3: You're about though, you're I said this on the drive here, You're more comfortable in your skin now that I've ever seen. Why not? You just feel like you just feel like you is who you is at this point, And I actually very much I appreciate that about you.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you proud of who youself, Matthew, And you'll be happy person.
Speaker 3: You are happy. That's what I That's what I like about.
Speaker 5: I think he's also being more consistent. It's like where we're where we're more His inconsistency went to.
Speaker 3: Mario, who was late yesterday past hour late for March. Can you imagine if you walked into Mark Pope's practice an hour late what he would have said? He would not be happy, But I let I let you get one. Hey, Kentucky, we've experienced some major storms lately. Hope your family is safe. But if you have storm damage, serve Pro can help restore the damage. To as good as new, fire water, clean up, restoration. They're independently owned and operated. It's one eight hundred serve pro s E r VP r O dot com. Hope you don't have to use them, but if you do call, you can always call quickly after a storm, they'll get there and clean it up. One eight hundred s E r VP r O or servepro dot com franchises are independently owned and operated. We'll take a break, be right back. It's KSR. Welcome back. It is Kentucky Sports Radio. If I'm nine two eight twenty two eighty seven text machine seven seven two seven seven four five two five four. A lot of people really praising this show. I think they like it when we're I think they like it when we're on the road. I've always in my opinion, our shows are always the best when we're on the road, but not in a crowd. To me, these are the best KSR.
Speaker 2: Shows, the best shows we do.
Speaker 3: Could we get a little giddy on the road without a crowd just sitting around, we do get giddy. So you got that tomorrow. We got it tomorrow tomorrow. During the day. I don't know what we're gonna do for the pregame show. I'm hoping to find a place to do a public one. We'll see. But I always think that people like these the most, well most morning shows. We haven't seen each other since the last morning show. But when we're on the road, we have things like Ryan's wallet floating down the street, popping into casino for dinner. So there's a lot more stories to's own. I havelf wear. Alabama State. Okay, the Candlewoods Suites on Newtown.
Speaker 4: Pike, that's wood Sweet. Yeah, I thought that.
Speaker 3: Was only Embassy Suites. Where's Candlewood Suites?
Speaker 2: It's the one like in it right right inside New Circle Road on Newtown Pike.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, that place.
Speaker 4: You want to know? How much you kiddle Wood Sweet hotel? Room?
Speaker 3: Is Kate?
Speaker 4: What Saint Kate's No Candlewood Sweet? How much sixty six dollars a night?
Speaker 5: There we go?
Speaker 2: That's why Unfortunately for Alabama State, they just shut their wad at date.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, right, but honestly, would you rather have your team in a sixty eight dollars motel where there laser focused or that? Lisa Frank, I'm I'm with you too.
Speaker 3: So you you think we should have stayed at the Canada. Yes, we're not here. We're gon We're gonna come out and play well. And when the players are asked why they're gonna go just we had an eccentric hotel room with lots of beautiful blankets and comforters and it made us work.
Speaker 5: I'm actually gonna ask them at the press conference today if the leopard print threw them off, if they got good sleep, is it too pink?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, I don't know if all the rooms are like that.
Speaker 2: Some of the rooms, it looks like a lot of them are that way.
Speaker 3: Are clearly like that for those of us of a certain age. Kind of exciting Drew. They're bringing back the Starberries. Stefan Marberry when I was a kid, and I thought this was actually really cool to him. As sneakers went got really expensive and Jordan's at that point are like one hundred dollars, which now they're two hundred dollars, but they were one hundred dollars, Stephan Marberry put out shoes that were at those what was the name of the store of the They had one in Middlesborough that, like sweatshirts, were like three dollars. Oh, they only sold them at one place. It was like called Bud and Joe's or something. No, they had one in Middlesborough.
Speaker 2: Theytion into others.
Speaker 3: What was it called anyway? Point being somebody will know seven seven four two five four. He sold them for like eight dollars or ten dollars. It was like some insanely small amount. And his reasoning was, I want everybody to be able to have access to these shoes, which I thought was cool. And he called them the Starberries.
Speaker 5: Is it Stephen Berry, Stephen Berry's.
Speaker 3: I knew it was two people. That's exactly right, Stephen Berry's. I don't think that store exists anymore, so he must be selling it somewhere else. But now Stephan Marberry is putting the Starberries out again. Fifteen gotta go up a little bit for inflation, but I still think that's cool. Fifteen dollars for a sneaker like that. You know is NBA player former me play? I think that's cool.
Speaker 5: I think it's very cool too. I remember him doing that. I even wanted a pair. I loved Stephan Marberry and his Starberries, but no, they were a big deal, and I hope they are again. You know, sneakerhead is such a big part of basketball culture now. I hope these aren't mocked and that people embraced. I want, yeah, people that can afford the higher price shoes, I hope they rock them to embrace it.
Speaker 3: I mean, don't buy them all up so it doesn't get to the people that you worry.
Speaker 5: If someone you know, yes, wearing someone else that doesn't have his minch money.
Speaker 3: That's also I think, because you know, that is one of the things about like high end sneakers, a lot of people can't afford them. I think. I don't know much about Steph Marberry except his starberries. I knew he's a really good player, but I always thought that was a cool thing.
Speaker 4: I mean, where else can you find fifteen dollars shoes? Socks cost fifteen dollars, So that's that's pretty cool that he's doing that.
Speaker 5: Shaq did this too with Walmart, and I thought it was very cool years ago. He still hasn't, but Shaq with you know, he could put out a rebox for whatever he wanted, and he chose to do this route too.
Speaker 2: And Stefan Mulberry like in Japan or China, like he's worship.
Speaker 3: He's got like a statute, yeah that they love him there. I think you're right because he's like, I think it's China. There's someplace where he's really.
Speaker 5: Really if he was big in Beijing for a long time.
Speaker 3: Who's up by next? Rick? Casey is up next? Casey? How are you? Casey? Hey?
Speaker 11: Good morning fellas hear you guys on the road. You all are the best on the road for sure. I just wanted to give a quick congrats to my alma mater, Montgomery County Mochos going to rupts. And then also I had a question, why in the world is college the only ones that don't play quarters and they still play halfs And that's all I had.
Speaker 3: For you guys. Appreciate called Jay Billis has said, I think it's coming. Yeah, I think it's coming. They did it. I think in some preseason at tournaments this year might even happen this offseason. I think we probably got a year or so left. The reason they that they didn't was because it was just tradition. But I think it's I mean, women's game is quarters, so I think the men the men's coming at some point.
Speaker 5: NBA International High School Women's College you name it. Everyone is doing quarters now, it'll go faster, Yeah, because there are these three hour games. They gotta do something.
Speaker 3: It'll go faster because you have five fouls in each quarter to get in the bonus, which is ten really if you add them up. So Shannon, we're headed that way, and we need to because it's the games are too slowly.
Speaker 5: I agree.
Speaker 4: Yeah, with women's college basketball being four quarters, there's no reason the men's aren't doing it, like you said, except for tradition. That's not going to reason. Not to change though.
Speaker 5: People argue about media timeouts going away, but just make the gap between quarters a little longer than what a traditional timeout would be and then you can get in your commercials. Guys, commercial arrested and.
Speaker 3: I totally agree with that. But they need they need to uh uh to do to do quarters. All right, So the games are in Lexington today, Let's do our DraftKings selections. We're not gonna pick every game, We're just gonna pick the games that are in Lexington. So Louisville and Creighton. Uh at this point, let's see Louisville is a two and a half point favorite. Who you got.
Speaker 2: I'm going all Craighton. I don't think anybody in it should be allowed to win in Rupparena. So I'm gonna collect Creighton's blue. We're going Craton. I'm gonna go Louisville.
Speaker 4: I think Louisvill covers the two and a half and uh and wins in Lexington.
Speaker 5: The first bet I placed in March Madness was Creton plus two and a half. So I like them to cover, and I think they win today.
Speaker 3: Chatting them with you, I'm gonna take Louisville to win and cover. Alabama State is a thirty one and a half point underdog against Auburn.
Speaker 5: But they're staying at the cap are at the Candlewood sweets.
Speaker 3: Are they able to cover? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think what Auburn ate at Jeff Ruby, so their bellies are gonna be full. So I think maybe Alabama State may cover that thirty one.
Speaker 4: Give me Alabama State in the thirty one and a half. I like it.
Speaker 3: They should have eaten it. If Alabama State eating a kspar, I would have liked, Oh yeah, I would have given them the royal treatment. I don't know what that means, but I would have but.
Speaker 4: A foot rub while theyre eat their wings.
Speaker 3: Give them a foot rub, but I do. I'm gonna pick them the cover. I'd say they cover against Auburn to Actually, yes, I'll say they cover.
Speaker 5: I got them at thirty two and a half. I got an extra point here. I already bet it. You can't beat a team by thirty three points in the first round, so I'm going to Alabama streight.
Speaker 3: Wafford is an eighteen and a half point underdog. They are staying out at the Double Tree, so they got the cookies. Just Tennessee cover.
Speaker 2: You know, I think Wafford covers that because I you know, I think from what I understand here in our podcast yesterday, they both kind of play the same way. I think it's gonna be a slow down game. I think Wafford covers that.
Speaker 3: Wafford's the slowest team in the country.
Speaker 4: I think Wafford covers. And hear me out here, it comes down to a free throw and they got the old man that does the granny shots. And that's the difference in them covering with a granny shot.
Speaker 5: It's too many points. With the style of play. Tennessee plays a lot of defense. They're not gonna run up the score. Yeah, convinced. Wafford covers here.
Speaker 3: Old man gets the wing and real quick thirty seconds Ucla Utah State. UCLA's a five and a half point favorite.
Speaker 2: U CLA wins it cover.
Speaker 4: I like u tass State in this one.
Speaker 5: Ucla my only a favorite covering. Now I'm gonna take UCLA wins and covers usually. What is it the Mountain West team seeded ten or worse?
Speaker 3: Better? Are one in twenty.
Speaker 2: Nine, one in twenty nine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one in twenty nine against the spread.
Speaker 2: Against the spread, one in twenty nine.
Speaker 3: So let's just keep it going with with this eight two eight oh twenty two eighty seven. Text Machine seven seven two seven seven four five two five four. We're gonna take a break. We'll come back. We are right here in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. We're gonna get a copsburger here. It's a point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I'll take a break.
Speaker 3: Be right back. It's KOs. Welcome back Tekey Sports Radio eight five nine two eight oh twenty two eighty seven. It is illegal federally to harm a Canadian geese because they're federally protected. And the people say that those geese at the canes are are Canadians, so that guy might be, uh, you know, it might be in a little bit of trouble. You know.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm gonna say he should be in trouble. It's not like he was just walking nothing. You should ever do it, but I mean, that's a decision to pull over your car, pop your trunk, go get the pillow and then run up to him.
Speaker 3: Good thing though, is if he gives a million dollars trouble Pardony, So it'll be fine. Don't worry about don't don't write me. I know, Biden, be glad it was a joke. Shut up, go ahead.
Speaker 4: No, you should never wake up and choose violence against the goose.
Speaker 3: Do to that guy. It made him so mad, quacked, really loud.
Speaker 4: They are kind of bullies. They are like they chased our news guy across the park and a couple of years ago.
Speaker 3: Come. That's what they do.
Speaker 2: They hiss at you.
Speaker 10: You.
Speaker 5: This is an all star performance from.
Speaker 4: Did You Get into the Bourbon This Morning?
Speaker 3: Saint Kate's. The Saint Kate's Hotel only has five rooms that are decorated by artists like that. Okay, so I like this question. This person on the text machine rights what five members of the team or coaching staff would be most likely to choose the artist decorated rooms all right, Number one Mark Mark Publkins first, but he would certainly choose absolutely. He's kind of an artsy uh I. I don't think there's any question.
Speaker 5: I've got the player first, first pick Kerka Kerkkriesa, he would request him. Mark Pope and Kerkkrisa are the top two. I don't know anything about him, but I'm feeling like walker Horn.
Speaker 3: Is gonna be in one of those. I just feel like, I feel like walker Horns kind of like, you know what I want. I want some leopard print.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 5: And being a holdover a veteran, he gets first pick, so I'm sure he went.
Speaker 3: Mary Williams is British, you know there I think that weird amount, yeah, but British people they you know, they're they're not weird. They're just more artistic. They're into, like, you know, try things, having symbols and all that. So I think those are my first four. Who's fifth? We've got a Mary Williams, Pope, Ker and Walker Horn. Who's our I.
Speaker 5: Want to eliminate Brandon Garrison. I just don't see him. He wants a room with just pictures Colin Chandler.
Speaker 3: Uh, he would get in trouble with his wife if he's if he stayed in room two Kentucky guys, No way, Trent Noah cannot send a picture back to heart in that room.
Speaker 5: What if he engaged players wives wanted it?
Speaker 3: And yeah, I think that's gonna happen with Chandler. Who else do we have engaged? Though?
Speaker 2: Car Car Car Car Carr.
Speaker 3: Carr and his wife are gonna want it, just like as a romantic so Car Kerr, Pope Walker and Amari with.
Speaker 2: That's a good fight.
Speaker 5: I can't see otego away taking that room.
Speaker 3: I can't either. I have to say Treiton now and Travis Perry last. Yeah, I do not see Lion County. Can you imagine him walking in and seeing that that that hotel room.
Speaker 5: No, he's probably got a houseboat on the lake over here, just trying to be close to home. I think there's a lake. Oh, maybe he'll play well being close to a big body of water.
Speaker 2: Is Tyler hero our only player we've ever had from Milwaukee or even the state of Wisconsin.
Speaker 3: I'm sure we've had others, but but Tyler Herrow is from here?
Speaker 2: Is there I can't think of anybody else.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean there's a website that has all that we could look and see, but I think Tyler Herod will look it up. Who's up next, David is David? Go ahead, David?
Speaker 12: Happy March Madness.
Speaker 3: Matt, Hey, David, how are you good?
Speaker 12: I mean, I'm I'm relaxed to hear breath and get ready to watch the games here.
Speaker 3: I didn't know you lived in breath in my aunt. I thought you lived in Lexington.
Speaker 12: No, I live in Richmond and I'm visiting breath Accounty.
Speaker 3: Okay, gotcha, gotcha, And my aunt.
Speaker 12: Says, hello, hello aunt, Aunt Susie.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, go ahead, what do you got David got to go real quick? Go ahead?
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 12: I just want to say I remember the good old days in March Madness when we had to watch the games at school. Do you remember those?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Those are great. They'd wheel the television in you know, and uh, I hope you enjoyed the games there in Bredtha County. David. Nice to hear from you.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's good to hear from you. I remember we watched the Kentucky Holy Cross Game in two thousand and one when it was Closter than we expected. Yeah, I'm gonna say this, and I'm gonna say this. I think I picked us to go to the Eliot at least I hope I.
Speaker 3: Go ahead real quick.
Speaker 12: But you know what part of me thinks that we can make them under the final four.
Speaker 3: I like that confidence. I appreciate the call, the you know, I'd love to see us uh make a run. I just want them to beat Troy. And then I kind of like the matchups with Illinois Xavior. Like we said, I wish we didn't have Tennessee sitting there, So I'm gonna be pulling hard for Utah State or UCLA. Shannon in the next.
Speaker 4: Round's got to get past Watford first. I mean, they got to take get one game at a time, just like everybody else. We assume that Tennessee's going to be.
Speaker 3: There, but is not very good. They were like, the it.
Speaker 4: Doesn't matter though, none of that matters now.
Speaker 5: March I have the answer about Wisconsin, Okay, Tyler Hero And then I didn't even know we had a famous actor on the team. But in nineteen fifty Reed Morgan from Milwaukee was a cat. He was in all. He went on to be in gun Smoke, the Twilight Zone. Uh, they're a huge film moker.
Speaker 3: So we had a guy named Reid Morgan who was in Milwaukee Twilight Huh. I never heard of that.
Speaker 5: I had neither.
Speaker 3: How long did you play at Kentucky two years?
Speaker 5: Nineteen fifty through nineteen fifty two.
Speaker 2: And then he went to Hollywood.
Speaker 5: Yep, there's a lot of Westerns, so we only had we've only had two players in Wisconsin. Also, while seeing this list, because alphabetically Wisconsin's near Washington, Mark Pope is our only player from Washington. Interest have thought we'd have more. See there's hometown facts. You learned a lot of facts here on KSR.
Speaker 3: Who's next? Bill is up? Beck? Bill? Go ahead? Bill?
Speaker 7: Hey, you got it?
Speaker 3: Paying on one second, I can't hang on, sir.
Speaker 7: I mean quod question about quick comment about Delilah. So what's what's amazing is I think she's been married like eight times, yet she's been for thirty years giving people advice on relationships.
Speaker 3: There's no way you're gonna have to look her up. I mean, if that's true, then it's even more ridiculous that she does that show.
Speaker 7: I believe that's true, and it's one of the most unbelievable statements. If it's true, and I'm pretty sure I'm right, all right, we'll look it up.
Speaker 3: Four times.
Speaker 7: Shout shout out, shout out to do keep.
Speaker 3: Up the good work, shout out. We'll all be unemployed.
Speaker 5: Four marriage is three divorces, fifteen children. Eleven of those were adopted.
Speaker 3: Okay, so eleven adopted. Four marriages. Though, I I'm kind of with him. Yeah, you shouldn't be giving marital advice. I mean, except for Ryan, you shouldn't be giving marytal advice. With four.
Speaker 4: I feel like I should be giving her marriage advice, marital advice and.
Speaker 3: The other way.
Speaker 2: She's really good at it. She's done it four times.
Speaker 3: She's I would give the advice of stay away. She does talk with such confidence though, for six thing.
Speaker 4: As long as it doesn't even matter what you say, as long as you speak with confidence.
Speaker 3: Oh. I learned that a long time ago. I'm not gonna say who it is, but I know a person that is on television all the time talking about policy, and it's not who you think. It's not Scott Jennings. I have Scott Jenning's complaints, but Scott's fine. I have complaints about him, but he's he's he's a relatively smart guy. I know a person that's on television all the time talking about politics, who I is an idiot? And I don't mean an I I mean like not an idiot for like an idiot for life, like literally you would have like you and they're on there and people will say, well, did you hear so and so said it? And I'm like how? But it just goes to show nobody knows anything. Just remember I got given an NFL show and I didn't even watch it. Just say it with coff, Just say it with confidence. That's all you have to do. Not one person on this set is even good at.
Speaker 2: Sports, but we can talk it.
Speaker 3: Well, you guys look offended. Ryan was good at one point, Mario was good at one Sha played baseball, Okay, I wasn't good. I got a hole in one, so do I have two? But it's not It doesn't mean we should be talking about this. Hey, it's time to score big at Don Franklin. Choose from thousands of new and certifive pre own vehicles. Get a slam dunk deals at your local dealership five thousand dollars off MSRP on Select twenty twenty five Buick Encourse. They got all kinds of twenty twenty five models, six thousand vehicles, twenty seven dealerships across Kentucky. It's Don Franklin Auto, Driven by Family. Go to Don Franklin Auto dot com. We'll take a break. Be right back, Kisi, Welcome back. It is Kentucky Sports Radio. When it comes to college basketball in March, nothing gets you ready like Cinderella's advancing upsets, buzzer beaters. Go to DraftKings. I'm jealous of you all in Kentucky. We can't even bet on Draft Kings right now because they don't have it here.
Speaker 2: We're all cramming in to get our bets and before.
Speaker 3: He casino and it's so far away. So bet five dollars, get two hundred dollars, bonus bets instantly use my code ks R. Bet five get two hundred dollars and bonus bets instantly only at Draft Kings. The crown is if you have a gamely probably called on a Gamebear eighteen plus Kentucky oleos applying new customers only being both specs for one hundred and sixty eight hours of transtraditional term responsible gamer resources, dkn G dot Seal slash audio. Yes, I said all that, and then I forgot what we say. Oh, two pieces of news. Bryce Hopkins is entering the.
Speaker 2: Portal doors open. When it comes back to the UK, Big Fellow will be glad to say.
Speaker 3: Some rumors online might be going to uh Saint John's what Cow would explode?
Speaker 5: I mean, really, wouldn't.
Speaker 3: Cal Ferry just absolutely explode go to Saint John. Let's play for Rick.
Speaker 4: Rick would make it work there.
Speaker 3: And then he would be really good, Like wouldn't that just would drive you?
Speaker 5: That would be on him though. I remember Bryce having a great game. Cal said, I gotta start playing this gummore and I think is many it's actually went down from that moment. I would welcome him back. I don't think it'd be a realistic option, but I think he'd make a great four. But it sounds like he's staying in the Big East.
Speaker 4: He was my favorite player just a couple of seasons ago. And you know, he had that really good game against LSU. That's the one memory that I have of him, like having a stage.
Speaker 5: Cow said, it's Bryce Hopkins.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Bryce Havings did play him again. The rest of the year. Oscar Sheibwe had thirty six points and twenty seven rebounds yesterday for for a Utah's G League team, thirty six and twenty seven. I know it's a G league, but with numbers like that, you think you can find some spot for him.
Speaker 2: Block you brought up in Kolo State, he plays for Utah. He's with the Utah Jazz. They're not good. Why wouldn't you find a spot for him to come up and help you a little bit.
Speaker 5: Thirty six and twenty seven is an absurd number, and it's his third game with twenty five or more rebounds. To do that against professionals. I know it's the G League, but these are people that are paying money, that is their job and you're still getting twenty five rebounds.
Speaker 3: That is nuts.
Speaker 4: I think that same game, one of the games you were talking about, he had like nineteen or twenty points along with twenty five rebound. So it's not the first time he's done something like that this year.
Speaker 5: Even the few times he's been called up for the Jazz, he's had like ten or more rebounds every single game. Scoring hadn't been the same, but it is unbelievable how he's still doing.
Speaker 3: That, Kenny Brooks named AP National or Seeming Sporting News National Coach of the Year in women's basketball. For the people who don't know, there's like seven major awards and then when you hear unanimous, it's because you got all seven. So he gets one of at least one of the seven. The other six haven't been picked yet. Huge honor for Kenny.
Speaker 2: Great honor. The dude just came in totally. You know, he did what Pope did, had to get a roster from scratch, start from scratch, and to turn Kentucky into what they were last year to now where they were like what top four in the SEC was fantastic.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're right. Put the team together, only had two returning players from last season, went twelve and twenty last year and now twenty two wins. It's a great turnaround for Kenny.
Speaker 5: And he's already recruiting well for the future.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think there's something brewing big time over there. One of those girls he's got is from.
Speaker 3: Up here somewhere like to maybe Gay Yeah, Greenway, So they're gonna be great. Congrats Kenny Brooks. He deserves it. Now, Rick, I want you to play something for us here. You know, a few years back for the NCAA tournament, we played Mike Francesca, the New York host previewing the NCAA tournament. He was previewing I think Maryland, and he said, you know, they've won some games, they've lost some games, they've hot, they're.
Speaker 4: Cold, they've had some ups, and.
Speaker 3: They screa knew nothing about. We had a great bit I guess a couple of days ago where he was talking about the NCAA tournament and he is he was teaching his listeners how to watch the NCAA tournament. Boy, and I love this because well, I mean he's basically telling them how to operate a television, which is pretty awesome. Let's play it really quick, Rick.
Speaker 8: You have the ability on your system, whatever your system is. Now, let's say I'll use DirecTV here, which.
Speaker 3: We have here.
Speaker 8: If you have two, you got a game on two four to six, game on two four five, and a game on two four to seven.
Speaker 3: You go to the game. He won.
Speaker 8: That game is always playing all the time on that channel, so.
Speaker 3: You go to that channel.
Speaker 8: But this is this is a whole different deal now. Plus they don't have to switch games anymore. They don't even do it. They just basically let the game run on that individual channel. And you got to check your own system. If you have a whatever system you have, you'll find you might you needed.
Speaker 3: I needed to find where Cheue TV was. I didn't even know where cheue TV was.
Speaker 8: It was two forty six. I needed to find that. I mean, I knew what TBS was.
Speaker 4: I knew what TNT was.
Speaker 8: They had to find TBS which was I mean Cheue TV, which is two forty six. So it's two forty sixty five forty seven on direct TV.
Speaker 3: There you go. Is that some great information? Yeah? They play the game. They just play the game, and then you can watch the game, and when there are multiple games on, you can turn from game to game.
Speaker 5: How long has it been since they've actually rotated games on the same channel. Yeah, so YouTube TV multiview is going to blow his mouth. And once he finds out about that, how many times did he say two four to six six?
Speaker 4: They got two four six.
Speaker 3: At the beginning, he goes, they play the game all the way on one channel. Yeah you think you think they do that? That's interesting, amazing insight.
Speaker 2: And he gave us how we could turn the channel two four five. There's also a game on two four six.
Speaker 3: Dude, it's one of the biggest radio hosts in the history. Again back to my point about these people don't know anything. That dude is like, well of the biggest sports radio hosts ever in New York City. And he's on there telling you how television works.
Speaker 5: And he's not even saying the station's name. He's just two four six, two four five five.
Speaker 4: Chick your device the games.
Speaker 3: We got Adam up next, Adam, go ahead, Adam, he.
Speaker 7: Guys, tell y'all doing my question with all of the major coach it moves you goes. You got West Virginia coach.
Speaker 9: Lift, Indiana Fran he's out at Iowa reported Will Wade.
Speaker 7: They go to uh n.
Speaker 9: C say, Unce, it's already happened, as our coaching staff saved.
Speaker 7: Of course, coach.
Speaker 3: I mean, I could see I could see Alvin Brooks getting hired somewhere potentially. I appreciate the call. I could see him getting like a mid major job. And if it happens, it happens. I hope for hope selfishly it doesn't. But Drew, I think it's certainly a possibility.
Speaker 5: It's slipping in my mind, but he's already been named in a search back in Texas somewhere. It wasn't a big school. I can't think of what it was, and it was just it was a list of like five names. But his name has already been floating around for a job after one season here.
Speaker 3: The hard thing is for a lot of those schools is that now the assistant jobs at places like UK pay more than those schools can pay, right, So that's why a lot of them end up not leaving Ryan as they'll make more money here.
Speaker 2: I will say this coach Pope has got a massive staff. There's like twenty guys that sit over there. I don't know even what they all do, but I they you know, Feak or Cody Figer and Josh Hart and all these guys all got their job to do. But they seem to blend and mix very very well.
Speaker 3: How about will Wade Shannon was asked before the Menique McNee State game, have you talked to Texas in C State? And he said yes, he said, yes, I have. Uh my players know it. They've talked to people too. We're all on the same page. It's a refreshing bit of honesty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I like it. I mean, usually coaches give you the coach speak. You know, I'm just focused on the game, and let's talk about the game. That he said openly. Yeah, I've already talked he took the job, and now, I mean, that's awkward.
Speaker 3: It's not officially he's took the job, but people are reporting.
Speaker 4: But is that not awkward going into your first tournament.
Speaker 3: If everyone knows, like if he leaves, all the players are gonna leave too. Probably they're gonna leave anyway, even if he stayed, just because they're gonna move up. So I mean, I guess if everyone's honest about it, I guess it's like an open marriage. I don't you wonder how those things work. But I guess if everyone's honest about it, then I mean, I guess if everybody's gonna leave and they're honest, they're like, let's have one more ride for the for history.
Speaker 5: Like that caller that asked about me.
Speaker 4: So I thought there was about to walk into one of those situations we all know it's happening.
Speaker 5: Like, does anyone believe West Virginia's coach didn't talk to Indiana for a long time before making that switch. He didn't just miss the tournament, didn't wake up and have Hisah. I mean, I mean we can go back to Cal. We learned Cal talk to Ohio State in February. I mean they're constantly having these conversations about what their next.
Speaker 3: I forgot about that. He did say he talked to him in February. Yeah, I mean I thought it was Actually I don't even like will Wade, but I thought it was refreshing honesty, honestly.
Speaker 2: Well, they always, you know, try to act like you know, they have no idea what's going on, and then a day later they get hired as coach. Come on, we ain't that stupid.
Speaker 3: Who's up next? Daniel is next? Daniel? Go ahead, Daniel?
Speaker 13: Well actually this is a pick and pops first time, long time.
Speaker 3: Who are what's up?
Speaker 7: Hey?
Speaker 13: Thank you all so much for everything you all do for UK basketball. I remember back in the eighties and nineties when you know, we didn't have ks R. It wasn't anything like it, and all the thing we had was of course he was great. We had Kavid Lanford and Ralph actor Man. They was amazing. But k SR has done so many good things for.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thirty second they're about to cut me off the show real quick. Thirty seconds okay during time block.
Speaker 13: Yes, you all bring the fan base together so good and I'm so thankful for you all. Ryn, You're so crazy.
Speaker 7: We love you.
Speaker 13: Jo Cans Babe, appreciate it to call.
Speaker 3: All right, thank you very much. I appreciate those are very nice things. All right, let's gover the schedule real quick, Kentucky. The press conference has start at two h no. Two o'clock Central, so three o'clock Eastern. Then they'll have a practice after that. Be watching on social media for that. We'll be back tomorrow morning. If you want to go watch the games at KS Bar, get in there, be nice to our servers. Yell at the Louisville and Tennessee fans that show up. You can get tickets for the Tennessee game tonight for six dollars in Lexington. We'll be getting you ready all day. Enjoy one of the best days of sports of the year today. This has been Kentucky Sports Radio, the TV on