Speaker 1: Alright, we're good. You like go.
Speaker 2: Busting with the boss, hanging with the fans, betting on the game.
Speaker 3: No moment's gonna.
Speaker 2: Tell us, can not be. We're here just drinking beer and making that baby. I'm hanging with the Fellers, busting with the boys.
Speaker 3: Bro, What episode is this? Mitch to episode two eighty eight, welcome back. If we had Detroit Lions fans in here. We have a special special episode for you today. But you know what's even special to us near and dear to our hearts. That is the one and only Cheffy Silverado. We are presented by the Chevy Silverad. There's a good reason. Wait, oh there's a new ad. Okay, I'm rattle. I'm rattled. I'm rattled. All right, here we go.
Speaker 4: You're good.
Speaker 3: There's a reason we've never done a tier talk of best pickup trucks. That's because for busting with the boys, there's only one pickup truck, the Chevy Silverado.
Speaker 4: Yes, sir, that why is that?
Speaker 3: Silverado is a partner, a partner you can depend on. We've spent all time driving and using the Silverado for all kinds of adventures and other shenanigans. Silverado was a partner with us on Spring Tour, and we'll be again for the Fall tour. Silverado brings the grit to legendary grit, paired with modern truck tech inside and out. Massive screens up to eight cameras with fourteen different views to help make driving, towing, and parking all easier. Four different power training choices, and the available multi flex tailgate so you can work and play smarter, not hard. There's a reason Chevy is America's most award brand, a most awarded brand for new vehicles quality over the last three years, according to JD Power. So head over to Chevy dot com, build your Silverado and check out the current offers on Silverado. Discover a world of strength and capability, all behind the wheel of our favorite truck, the Chefy Silverado. Chevy Chevrolet received the highest total number of awards compared to all brands in the JD Power twenty twenty two through twenty twenty four US initial quality Studies. Visit jdpower dot com Forward Slash Awards for more details. Awards based on twenty twenty two through twenty twenty four models. Do me through a Loop?
Speaker 4: There, do me through a loop If you want to get the best one, get the ZR two in that your vehicle is nice. Three words that come to mind when you see my vehicle.
Speaker 3: Sex appeal, hyphenated, gritty, dependable.
Speaker 4: We're back. We're back in the saddle as always. We have a great intro. We're gonna talk summer games. We're gonna talk what Taylor and I are going to build out a draft for the four by one high jump, fifty meter free style, fencing, rifling and shot and shot put.
Speaker 3: Now, there is a lot of back and forth what you can say and what you can't say about what's going on in Paris right now. While people run, jump, skip, grab a poll, go into the air, play some batman, some three on three basketball, or some say three by three basketball, there's a lot of stuff going on about trademarks. So we're gonna do our best to navigate those waters for you guys right now. But I hope you understand what we're talking about. Is that fair to say? Can we say that?
Speaker 4: I believe so will Jack. We'll have Jack jumping in a moment.
Speaker 3: What I have gotten ding there?
Speaker 1: He said?
Speaker 3: What exactly? He said? Paris?
Speaker 4: But I think Paris is okay.
Speaker 3: Paris is. Okay, it's just a city.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm Paris.
Speaker 3: Is just love Paris.
Speaker 5: Did you read the.
Speaker 3: I saw it. I glanced at it, so I do not see Paris. So just so time out, time out and quick, Hey, we're gonna take a time We're gonna respect the time out. We're gonna take the time out.
Speaker 4: So the trademark, do you have the trade? I see that, but at the very bottom, there's a there's an extra behind it. We're talking about Paris in Europe.
Speaker 3: We're talking about Paris. Yeah, there's there's things going on in Paris, France right now. Competitions of sort. That's all we're saying. Good And because of that, we had a nice brainstorm with the boys in the back. Garrett came up with this phenomenal idea we are going to do the draft that well just spoke of. I'm not going to repeat because that would be redundant boom.
Speaker 4: Speaking of France, I believe the US dogged them in women's volleyball indoor yesterday.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you can say that, why why not? I don't know what trade this trademarked?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, I can say that.
Speaker 3: But the US dogged in the US in the the main event, the thing we all think about when we think about those games, the four.
Speaker 4: And his name was no Alisles, no Aliles. Frank not White, Frank. Why check Curzy Frank, Curzley Curly.
Speaker 3: This is a great sports podcast. This is a great sports poct.
Speaker 4: We took on the Golden Bronze and it's the first time in what twenty years that the USA has brought it back. Twenty year drought because Jamaica absolutely dummies US in the one hundred meters dash.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's mostly usain ball. I'll say this, dude. You can say whatever you want about our economy right now, our economy, the war possibly pending looming, you know, the shootings and all that, but we're the best.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can claim the fastest country in the world. I think that's the most that's the most pride that everybody that everybody.
Speaker 3: Takes of all the things. You want your country to categorized as fastest is number one. Yes.
Speaker 4: And also sand volleyball. Don't sleep on sand volleyball. I believe the US we're still.
Speaker 3: Battling navigate those waters. Also, what you got a wife at home? Sand volleyball is a scary sport to have on the television.
Speaker 4: We both watch it together, do you guys? Yeah?
Speaker 3: And she has no idea.
Speaker 4: I say, look at those breeders.
Speaker 6: I I'll say that true. I think you think it. I think it, think it loud might.
Speaker 3: What do you mean?
Speaker 4: China's got us right now?
Speaker 3: But we know that to see the way this is categorized, it's gold medals. But look at the total medals. We're dumbing them right now, seventy five. So there's always a numbers game. It's a numbers game. You can always find a way to say that you're the best and we have the most metals.
Speaker 4: Where I was most saddened? Oh was that in the which I love the whole mixed relays. Two guys, two girls, the four by four.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 4: The US set a world record in the Semis and then ended up losing, getting hawked by this chick from the Netherlands. She was in fifth place, right And I know we can't show it on the screen, but if you could even just bring up that last moment so that way Taylor can.
Speaker 6: See what happened, yeah, or just show me a picture.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, you got to see the last two hundred meters bro, that's the picture right there. This chick from the Netherlands just hawked. She runs like a forty seven second split, which that is incredible. Thinky bol and if you get a moment to hear her post run interview, the best. Yeah, oh for real, you can't prepare for what her voice sounds like. But Mitchardy rent it for you. I'm just kidding. Mitch says that, Yeah, dude, it was I was watching that live and it was insane, because I want to say, the world record was like what was it a three.
Speaker 1: Three?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Three? It was just three three.
Speaker 4: Oh seven, like like low three oh seven.
Speaker 3: Oh well you were on the mark.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and both the USA and Netherlands ran in the three oh seven mark. But this chick just honked. I forget the gal's name, who's nineteen who was anchoring for the US.
Speaker 3: That's the name of you guys just said that sounds like Mickey Mouse.
Speaker 4: The chick, the chick from the Netherlands is the one that sounds like Mickey got you.
Speaker 3: Am I correct? And assuming I think I saw a clip of this USA kind of started slowing it down towards the end. This is a different one.
Speaker 4: Because because because the girl that anchored she ran a forty nine split like she ran really well, and again they they ran at three or seven. It just wasn't the world record time they put up the day before. And this chick from the Netherlands bro just out of nowhere. You saw JP, Yeah.
Speaker 8: The the nether When I was working at IMG, the Netherlands track and field team came to train there and they, pound for pound, have to be like the most elite looking country of all time. Every single guy was jacked and handsome, every single girl was ripped and good looking, and it would just to like watch them hit their workout and then hit the track.
Speaker 3: Was it was. It was incredible.
Speaker 8: It didn't shock me at all that Yeah, they're they're producing something like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, you know. JP was sitting there watching that practice go down too. If I work in with you, give me a second pin it up against the waste man.
Speaker 3: All right, dude. It is wild seeing these people in these events taking place in Paris and knowing that they took four years just to get to this point. Yeah, and all the pressure, like when you watch the one meter yesterday, those guys just trying to qualify, working their ass off and like the guys that don't qualify, it's like, all right, hey, get back to the village and get yours. I guess right, because he saw buddy who ended up he ended up edging out in the final, Right, was that the same guy staring him down at the finish line and it was like close but it.
Speaker 4: Felt like No, when he crossed the finish line in the semis, he was like it seemed like he had a look back that was really confident too, like ya, I always coming, like I'm coming, like I'm just kind of warm enough. No, do you know what for a better? For a better?
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 7: The reason the reason no Ah Lliles did that in the semifinals was because in the World Champions the Jamaican guy did it to him and like beat.
Speaker 3: Him and wait the semis in the World Champions or was it the final?
Speaker 4: When that guy beat him in the World he like was looking at him the same way you're saying, no, was looking at him right in the semis. I love that bro that one hundred meter I mean, yes, very recent bias right here, but maybe the most exciting hundred meters dash of all time.
Speaker 3: I think it's safe to say without looking into it at all.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, yeah, but I'm saying competitively.
Speaker 3: You're watching great with you saying, but you're watching greatness. You're like, I can't believe this is the fastest man to ever.
Speaker 4: You're sitting there and we're like, okay, what kind of world record he's gonna break? Knowing nobody's really gonna beat him this one. The difference between first and second was what five thousandths of a second, and some people still debate like, yo, I don't even know if he actually won, YadA YadA, yah, that's how close it wasn't and every guy was right there. The difference between first and last place, I think was like a body length was similar to first and last place was similar to the finals of the women's one hundred on first.
Speaker 6: And second place. I followed most of that, So okay, I think.
Speaker 4: I I got that down, said Richardson. Was supposed to was the favorite to win in the women's one hundred. No Jamaican was anywhere in sight. She was looking to win, but the Saint Lucia chick took home the first medal ever for her country, and it happened to be a gold medal in the female one hundred. Fastest woman in the world and beat her by a body length. And that's basically the difference between first and last and that one hundred meters men's I mean last nuts. Yeah, but hey, go back to that photo.
Speaker 3: I have a question. We can't show that photo. We can't show the photo.
Speaker 4: Show the photos.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we can't show the photo that world looking at right now, but the photo.
Speaker 4: I mean, look at that finish bro, the guy.
Speaker 3: They got in last place, this guy right now, Yeah, this one right here, this is finish. Is the distance that chick who won the first medal for her country ever, Yes.
Speaker 9: Won by So what do y'all think?
Speaker 8: Because the Jamaican dude his foot, his crossst but they go by torso yeah, do y'all like that?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 6: Yeah, because one if the shoes on the other foot.
Speaker 3: It'd be ridiculous.
Speaker 8: If you were racing Will and it came down to that, what would you say?
Speaker 4: That's different? Yeah, I'm voting for myself, Taylor's voting for him.
Speaker 3: So if it's that close to we got to talk to Will about his speed because I'm a I'm a broken man.
Speaker 4: I do see what you're saying. Like I understand the controversy because it's his the first if you go by first body part, the Jamaican takes it go by torso obviously USA gets it.
Speaker 3: This is a this is a great argument for the world. And because we are geographically where we are, this is called correctly, no doubt about it. And just like the Music City Miracle was for sure a backwards past.
Speaker 4: How uh how what was the difference between first and fourth place? Like not meddling, because that photo finish was essentially four guys, which is brutal man.
Speaker 6: Same time.
Speaker 4: Seven nine eight one. What about the announcer that just like was losing his mind for just just your makeup?
Speaker 10: Was like in the Jamaicans won it, Like you gotta say, like what a photo finish?
Speaker 1: We gotta check this out, Like you.
Speaker 4: Can't just assume bias Homer. Oh yeah, it didn't sound like I mean, you're right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But if he was going for the American guy, like, hey, how about that announcer huh too?
Speaker 4: Is they all had to stand there for a moment and just look at the board because nobody knew what happened. And you see Noah's mom too reacting. Just an incredible moment for the US.
Speaker 11: Also, the guy who they thought won. He's like, come on, man, come on, like looking up like hoping for the official time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and Noah Lyles.
Speaker 11: Beforehand, a lot of people were like, you can tell he's one of those athletes could get under other people's skin because on like the world stage of these games, it's about class and like all the moment that's led up to and so you kind of put him in this box and he's like, oh, he's that kind of guy. But you watch him and he goes up behind the dude and he's like puts his arm on him, and like you can tell, he's like he's like, good job, dude, and then immediately they're like, no Alliles wins gold and then he's like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you almost don't know what to do because his best event too, is the two hundred, because that's kind of like the mission he took on right, it was like, let me see if I can win the one hundred, because he wasn't even a one hundred cat. Yeah, Baseall, what's that show on Netflix?
Speaker 3: I think it's is it a called Sprint? Yes?
Speaker 8: But also what do you think because in the maybe you were in the World Championships, what's happening? He was saying that the average person is closer to Lebron James than they are to him.
Speaker 4: They were saying that the closest person.
Speaker 9: This is what no Alliles was saying.
Speaker 8: You're like, I'm closer to Lebron than I am to know Aliles because he's run the whatever it was the fifth fat he's the fifth fastest man to ever live.
Speaker 4: Yeah, in speed, I disagree. I don't understand we're saying that, saying like, the average person is closer to Lebron James than they are to Noel Ales.
Speaker 3: Kind of like that. I kind of like when Jack was talking about how like Noelliles has been like portrayed as like a villain in these sports, like you always want if it's your villain, You're like, that's our fucking guy. We want him a little cocky, we want him a little confident, and let the rest of the world hate this dude, right because you know the next world which is in two years, right, because it goes increments of two When he goes, everyone everybody is gonna be like, fuck Noel Liles. But all of us were sitting there and being like, that's our doults.
Speaker 8: And I bet the NBA players were a little bit sick because he was like for the NBA Finals, He's like, why do they call themselves world champions?
Speaker 4: Who said that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I like it?
Speaker 12: Answer question from earlier. The sixth place finisher in that final was one tenth of a second from first place.
Speaker 4: Which is nuts Which is nuts hey? And you know I tweeted about it last night, but you know that graphic of the photo finish is going to be used all across the country from uh, from coaches, just like, this is the difference. Yeah, this is why we work you guys better. One. This is the difference between gold and silver.
Speaker 3: He's gonna show some kid let off when he could have made a tackle. They're gonna show the clip not touching in the Super Bowl two thousand and seven, when uh was it Harris Harrison? Yeah, when he caught the pick down, he was if he would have just went a little bit harder, he would have saved that touchdown. This is that damn kind of gets you fired up? Huh, kind of gets you juiced, going, what do we want to get into, boys?
Speaker 4: What do we want to talk about women's boxing?
Speaker 3: Go ahead, you go ahead and do that. That's will Well confidently is gentleming on women's boxing.
Speaker 4: No, yes, so the championship? When does the championship take place? The female X Y Championship. I mean that seems to be the consensus of what has happened. People are in an absolute uproar about is this chick a male? Is she a female? From what I have read? Reserve the right to change my mind, but from what I have read article wise, it seems like this Algerian boxer was born biologically a female, had a little mixing her cocktail, developed an x Y chromosome over time. No pp no Wiener. But people are saying that she's either trains or a male, and so there's a lot of there's a lot of what's the word, There's a lot of friction out there. There's a lot of hate happening online. I'm saying that she shouldn't be allowed to box. And same with the Chinese chick, right she's from China. Kind of the same situation. Both of them, who were apparently born female, developed the x Y chromosome over time. They're saying their test levels like they shouldn't be allowed to compete in the Olympics because I believe that they're in from other leagues, so why would they not be banned from the Olympics And.
Speaker 3: A lot of the Olympics say they could do it if they've been banned.
Speaker 4: Ultimately, it seems like a like one of those the issues with the system, right, because based on the Olympics, it seems like that what is the ib A IOC? The IOC allows that, and I think people are pissed that they allow that. But then you got you got the you got the strong right who says no that that that is a male When ultimately you sit back and you understand that we could solve this problem fairly quickly. How's that depants?
Speaker 3: It could depants, but there's a whole surgery thing.
Speaker 4: I think you you would. So she was born easily be able to see that she was.
Speaker 3: Born with a vagina, yes, and then we'll just say around three years old, a little peepe started coming out.
Speaker 6: I don't think no, no, no, no, this is okay.
Speaker 11: So medically she is a hermaphrodite. And so the doctor when you were born, you have two sexual organs, but she has a sack, correct, I mean, but the doctor has the official like clearance to decide what is more of a sexually developed organ, and she was at birth a female, but she had a testicular sack, so she will have more higher levels of testosterone than any other woman.
Speaker 6: But there was no surgery involved.
Speaker 11: She didn't like grow a penis at three or anything like that. But she's technically a hermaphrodite and not a transgender, so.
Speaker 3: That I thought it was like a shallow house situation with the guy had the little tail and it kind of just developed, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hey, but Jack, that was very well said, very well said. Honestly, in the entirety of this whole thing, I feel bad for those boxers who have to experience all of this hate because you can only assume that she's obviously everybody's worked their entire lives for this moment, the shallow hell, the shallow hel moment. Everybody's worked their entire lives for this moment, and then to be the focus of it, be on everybody else's hate on the matter, I think sucks for those fighters because they're obviously working just as hard, and they want to compete and they want to participate just like everybody else does.
Speaker 3: And just the human being portion of it take the fighter out. It's like, all you're a woman, and everyone's like, no, you're a dude, you're a guy. And it's like, hey, listen, I'm doing my best to.
Speaker 4: Tell you you should not be allowed. And it's like, I mean I want to box, literally.
Speaker 3: Don't know what to tell you. Yeah, Like that's hard, that's a hard deal. And this is that takes place tomorrow at three h two pm.
Speaker 4: And the uproar started because of the Italian boxer quit in the first round, which.
Speaker 3: You were saying. You had some words about that, which I don't disagree with.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was. More so she's like chalking it up. She got hit a couple of times. She said it was the hardest she's ever been hit, which, in my opinion, it's like, yo, you're sparring all the time. I'm sure you get hit way harder. And it's like back right, Like, yes, you're gonna get hit in the mouth. You knew going into that fight that you were boxing, that you were boxing, uh that Algerian chick. So it's like if you knew you were going to in my head, you were gonna take that moment to back out right when it felt uncomfortable for you. It's like, I'm gonna get in here and I'm gonna see if I can win. But the moment I get hit in the face and it's like, Okay, this chick is handling me. I'm just gonna wave my hands and quit. Like to me, that's where I had the problem. It's like, if you knew to me it was premeditated, you knew you were going to back out and do that, or you had those Yeah, you weren't a hundred percent body.
Speaker 3: I'm with you on that.
Speaker 4: So that was like my whole qualm about it.
Speaker 3: And so he goes back to you talking about your working your entire life for this and you have everybody's got a punished chance when you get to the opportunity. Yes, yeah, and yeah, maybe she's got more distosto, maybe there's a whole bunch of stuff going on with the hermaphrodite stuff. But at the end of the day, like you're just you two in the ring, and you might as well see the end of it.
Speaker 4: And you understood all of this like going in, and so when you're training, it's.
Speaker 3: Literally, if you're gonna quit, quit before right.
Speaker 4: And you know, as a competitor. But while you're training and getting into the trenches of it, all your mindset is nothing is going to stand in the way between me and that gold medal or me and that podium. So it's like that is the example of that, and then you made it about something completely out of turn by allowing the world to blow up the way that they blowed up, blew up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I'm with you.
Speaker 4: I know the Italian stallion Rocky about boy I kind of did write about that. He would not have went out like that.
Speaker 3: David Goggins wentn't either.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, I mean, you know we're out there playing. You know, I'm out there with t levels of like below three hundred my NFL career, with guys that are sitting around a thousand.
Speaker 3: I was right there with you.
Speaker 4: You think I wanted them on my face in the three one hundred and thirty pounds all pro guard and go stiff.
Speaker 6: Where was I the next series on the field, on the field, no question?
Speaker 3: Did it hurt?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: Was it one of the hardest you've ever been hitting your life?
Speaker 4: Did he say night night? Motherfucker?
Speaker 3: Could you get up? At one point?
Speaker 4: I tried, but no, I couldn't.
Speaker 3: You couldn't because your body was stiff, stiff and therefore couldn't do it. But shook it off. What'd you do?
Speaker 4: Got back out there? No, U coach, I'm ready to go? Are you sure?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 4: I don't know if you are?
Speaker 3: You's the real man?
Speaker 4: That That was my point, all right, that was my point?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: Onward?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, onward and upward?
Speaker 3: You sung a pup punk Yeah I did. I was waiting for you to bring that up. It was gonna feel weird for me not to bring it up myself, but it was a big opportunity. They called pft SA, Hey, would you want to sing one with us? I said absolutely? And uh, first time being on stage without a drinking me at all. Very nervous before I went up, very nervous.
Speaker 4: Hit the mark part and and you do you have spoken before? If you could live another life, you would love to be a musician and an artist and performer, uh blink, lead singer?
Speaker 3: What else we were gonna say? I thought you were going to lead into That wasn't bad, Taylor? That was pretty good?
Speaker 4: Actually yeah, no, no, it was pretty good.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, Like you look at this and you hear how I'm talking right now anything, there's no way that guy can sing. But then we get on stage and it's not.
Speaker 4: Bad, like, hey, maybe he should dabble in this arena.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And was a textit not to Ernest later that night. No question, like, hey, hear me out, let's start a band. I'll be the front man. You just do all of the hard work, the writing, the guitar, everything, and let me just be the front man for our band.
Speaker 4: What was the most nerve wrecking part, Like what were you thinking about that made it so nerve wrecking? Just it was gonna be your style, like once you got into and singing, like.
Speaker 3: How it's funny I felt I almost fell because the stage was so small and there were so many people on there, and I went to do the I miss you part, but I went to give it to somebody in the crowd and the speaker was right in front of my foot and I tripped and I had to like bring my foot back to catch it and then Roam grabs my back. So there was We're a little all over the place the entire time. But the nerve, the nervous part was just you know, you're going on stage and there's a whole bunch of people, and you want to sound somewhat good. And then I started seeing the mark part, the hello there, and that we're showing we thought that this yesterday. It's like a baritone type of thing. And the once I said Hello there, I could hear myself and go, ah, this is really bad. I gotta get to I gotta get to the Tom Park. I gotta get to the Tom Park. Just absolutely grunted my way through that situation, end up getting to Tom and I was like, we gotta go. Essentially a maximum effort in the situation. Just let it go.
Speaker 4: Let's check out a couple of reviews. We have Cam Bell and can Taylor please never sing again? Just awful?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, Cam obviously is not cultured in the uh A hater, which is just fuels me more. Yeah, fuels me more. And I've said this room for movement. I've actually sang on this bus before Kip Moore, the country singer, talented individual. I can do a better kit more than Kid Moore.
Speaker 4: Nice, let's hear it, you've heard it.
Speaker 3: I've actually seen next it again.
Speaker 4: People from I would love.
Speaker 3: To do that. They can go back and find it. But I remember last time I did it. The look on your face of discomfort for your own self being in the city. I think it was very difficult for me to watch it and have to relive.
Speaker 4: That for you.
Speaker 3: I think the stage is just if we're doing a cappella, we're sitting here on this bus. It's going to be more difficult. Give it a stage, maybe an acoustic guitar, someone playing it. For me, I'd be more than willing to step on stage and do that. No drinks, they're sober.
Speaker 4: In a farmer's fee it is. Yeah, No, I'm not gonna do it. I just said, you don't want to have fun on the bus, and I'd love to have fun.
Speaker 3: But they can go back and watch it. Okay, I'd love to have fun, but I just set the stage about being on a stage, and I would do that a lot of respect for Kid Moore. Yeah, the last girl could be my true coon in a red sun dress. I told you we were not going to play the game where we pressed Taylor this much.
Speaker 4: And I think I'm trying to go back and forth with you. I'm singing too. I'm singing too.
Speaker 3: I've done the line in sand and go ahead and finish a song on.
Speaker 4: I need the lyrics pulled up.
Speaker 3: Overall, overall, it was an awesome time and those guys are unreal. Like the p f T had a couple of solos. I was like, dude, he's really good and telling and she's like, is he good? Do we know if he's actually good because we don't know anything about guitar. I was like, it sounds good and he's doing a solo. Is good?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 12: I feel like there's a totally different type of voice for country and then for pop punk. Are you better at pop punk or are you better at a country dude?
Speaker 3: I like to think I'm like my my major at Michigan, I'm general studies dude. I can do a little bit of everything. Okay, so self, someone's gone a self glaze every once in a while. If you're not going to be, you know, promoting yourself the most, who's going to do it for you?
Speaker 4: I'm with you. Take the rib out, no doubt, take the suck your own dig man, take the yeah everyone, I love that. Everybody knows that too.
Speaker 3: Coming the bus, all my my fingernails painted, I'll take the rib out.
Speaker 4: Hey, uh just fully. Noah Lyles fastest man in the world, got the hair beads in, got the painted nails. Yeah, set in the tone for Caleb Williams to be great.
Speaker 3: You think he took a rib out?
Speaker 12: Get a little faster, no.
Speaker 3: Question, A less way brings it in here a little bit. I see that. Did he actually take it? Did Maylan Manson actually take an ribout? Was just a rumor?
Speaker 4: I'm not sure we pull that up. I don't. I don't think we want to know what. Let's say he took a rib out forever.
Speaker 3: I want to just think CARLN. Manson took a rib out. Do we want to get into our draft because I'm real excited about it.
Speaker 4: I'm excited.
Speaker 3: But do we want to hit Scottie Cheffer?
Speaker 4: I mean, Scottie Scheffler is on a generational generation run. When the Master's new Father of Gold had a great viral moment of being arrested and it's like, hey, check yourself, Yeah you know who this is the golfer. Yeah I'm saying, I'm oh, I thought you were checking me. I know, you know, I don't know golf.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Since March of this year, Scotti Scheffler has six wins on tour, one major, and his second Masters, he had his first child. He was arrested at the PGA Championship where he was favored and a gold medal. I think he's won like close to forty million already.
Speaker 3: That he's the he's the man. He's having a man. You're rocking a hell of a shirt right now. To take it off shore the camera, Scotty, take the shirt off, Shure the camera. Let's go for I see the little tan too, little sun kiss.
Speaker 6: Yeah, let's go shirt.
Speaker 3: He hates it? Why was you know?
Speaker 10: Traumatizing?
Speaker 3: That's exactly what a legend would say, because if he bought into it, it'd be like, all right, come on, I didn't doing too.
Speaker 4: Much before we get into the draft. I do have to get off my chest. How bad the House of Dragons finale was?
Speaker 1: Can you give me a fever?
Speaker 3: There's no spoilers.
Speaker 4: I won't give any spoilers. There's not a whole lot to spoil. That last episode was just dry. It was nothing but one on one conversations the whole time, like, yes, they're setting are they setting it up for a massive war? Absolutely? Am I going to be tuned in on Season three drops in a couple of years. Unfortunately, yes, but that finale was brutal, man brutal. I sure, and I sure. I see you kind of staring at me back there. I know you're a House of Dragon Watcher as well. Do you just seems like you might disagree a little bit.
Speaker 12: I do disagree. I see all your points. I totally get it. They built it up, they showed it to us, they teased it, and then to black see you in two years. That's kind of crazy, right, I agree with that. But it was because of the Rider's Strike, is what I'm hearing that During the Rider's Strike they were season two. There was some stuff that was going to be in the finale of season two. In order to get season two out in time slash season three out in time, they had to cut some stuff at the end of season two save it for season three. So I can understand that and still be excited for the next season.
Speaker 4: But the show is was awesome.
Speaker 3: This kind of goes back to the conversation we had a few months ago about watching a show like with Everybody as it's coming out, as opposed to watching a show just binging the however many seasons it has, this is a pro towards waiting and watching and binging, because if there is a season three already and you're just binging the show, it's like, man, I can't wait to see what happens. But now you guys are in the position we have to wait two years.
Speaker 4: Big W for patients, Big W for patients.
Speaker 3: And you know, my wife's bigg into this show right now. She tries to get me on it. You've tried to get me on it. I have no idea why I'm not doing it, but it sounds like I'll pick it up right season three.
Speaker 12: Yeah, wait till season three.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna wait till season three and I'll pick it up as we get into it, and then we'll all be excited because the dragons coming. Like that I heard there's some dragon fights that are like ungodly. Yeah, it's unreal.
Speaker 12: There's now like ten total dragons. The show started out, there's only like five dragon writers. There's ten now.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dragon for making this all happen. Yes, seriously, that show. By the way, if you haven't seen that through that cartoon movie, it is incredible. Maybe Team it is really that show. It might be one of the greatest things. Yeah, it's the top. It's incredible. Some guy who did that movie also did good.
Speaker 4: I would have loved it for last night, really sure, I would have loved it for last night's episode was episode seven. I agree with that, just because even the week before that was very dull. And I get it the storytelling. The books are written, so that's the that's the upside. Yeah, it's not like season seven of Game of Thrones ended and you have two years of speculate on what's gonna happen in the Hollywood kind of makes it what it is. These books are out, so it's gonna be Season three is gonna be awesome. I just from the entertainment perspective, man, I needed something. I needed some kind of blood. I get it.
Speaker 12: There wasn't a ton of character arc in general. I'm just such a diehard. I feel like Taylor's gonna be obsessed with Damon Targarian probably. I'm a die hard for his character and seeing his character arc change. I don't want to spoil anything, but seeing where he started in the in the end too, Yeah, dude, that that's all I needed of Like, Okay.
Speaker 4: He's he's kind of in Game of Thrones set up callback.
Speaker 12: He's a little anti spoilers, so you don't know if he's villain or not. And like, I love characters like that, and since there driving that storyline, that makes me happy. That's why I was like successful season I.
Speaker 4: Did Enjoic seeing the visions that he had. Yeah yeah, yeah, no spoilers, he's spoilers. No spoilers, No spoilers, am I, Danny, Danny? No spoilers those spoilers?
Speaker 3: Am I correct? And assuming that you guys have not read the books.
Speaker 4: Night Game, right, because I think if I read the books, I probably don't mind the finale because you kind of already know what's in the works coming. My question for I love it so much. I just wanted more. That's what I love too hard.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, And that's one of your greatest qualities. It hurts you sometimes, but it makes everybody else feel special. I want to know this in the comments of anybody who has read the books. So this is a like a prequel to Game of Thrones? Correct, yep? Okay, do the books lead up to the first season of Game of Thrones, like, well, we'll all we'll all be untied and dressed perfectly to where like the finale, the true finale of House of Dragons is essentially the start of Game of Thrones.
Speaker 4: No, no, because this is dated what one hundred and fifty to two hundred years prior to Game of Thrones. There's the Mad.
Speaker 3: King fifty years later, twenty five years later.
Speaker 4: Right, they could go Mad King era, which I hope happens, would be sick.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I do know of Mad King. Okay, I do know of him.
Speaker 12: And you're not big on Lord of the Rings.
Speaker 4: Correct.
Speaker 3: I went to Lord of the Rings when I was twelve years old with my grandmother and I saw guys chasing and all dressed in black with black horses chasing somebody, and I got too scared. I made us leave. And that's okay, And that's just me being as vulnerable as I can't. That's that's what I'm today, constantly scared.
Speaker 4: Favorite color, he's trying to address.
Speaker 12: Me, and then you're fearful of nothing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, according to Bill, it's also your favorite color. Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, God, what the fuck?
Speaker 3: That was a Dad Combine reference. For those of you listening who haven't seen Dad Combine yet.
Speaker 4: Hey on on the in the area of TV check out presumed innocent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, JP's been on my ass.
Speaker 4: About it, and it's really we need everybody else to speak because the boys we got myself, JP, Mitch, and Garrett we've all watched that. Jack Sherman, Taylor have not yet. Coop hasn't either, and I think by the time you guys get done, we can just we can talk about it.
Speaker 3: There is a little deal that Garrett and I may right before this episode. If I start watching presumed this at the moment I start watching that, you will watch surey that is correct? Which is I mean all the lakers you're talking about of like House of Dragons and the fighting and like development of characters. You're gonna get that in short, so you're really gonna enjoy that. Truly.
Speaker 4: I'm excited for you guys to watch Presumed Innocent.
Speaker 3: And it's like a true detective type of deal. Yeah.
Speaker 4: It's based on a novel which I hear are different. Have you read about that? Without giving spoilers.
Speaker 10: I've tried to stay away from all that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I'm saying I want to say the endings are different. Yeah, you ever read what's different about it? We'll talk after, Hey, we'll talk after we'll talk.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 3: You were talking because what Sherman just said on the screen, I never want to see on the screen again.
Speaker 4: I think I caught a glimpse. Trevor Keagan, former Michigan alum.
Speaker 3: Said Philadelpha, the Eagle Stadium would never be as loud as Michigan's.
Speaker 4: Said the public Philadelphia Eagles practice was allowed than Michigan ever was.
Speaker 3: And that's just a rookie trying to implement himself in a terrifying culture.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but look, I get it.
Speaker 3: I get it. Michigan's not that we've established the established and established that. It's hard for me to fight that battle because it's it's It's true, it's not that lout of a stadium, even though it is the largest stadium in all of North America. They're the largest in the world. They can and I'm telling you, Michigan, you can fix this aluminum. Just illuminum the whole thing. Up benches, they'll walkway. Every's what Washington does, That's what Seattle does. You do that and then just take those sweet sections and then with the big screens, just box it in with the aluminum. Now you get the lot oft stadium in the entire world.
Speaker 4: I don't know, you need a rabid fan base to have a loud stadium.
Speaker 3: Well, we have a rabbit fan base.
Speaker 4: I don't think Michigan's a rabid fan base. Would you honestly say that?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I think the yes, because the same reason why when you check the forums when you're at Nebraska and there's all these crazy people talking X, Y and Z and the Twitter and the searches, all of those things you had I also had. Now do I see as many Michigan people before this season with the Michigan hats like you do with the bones up?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: But I know that that that stadium is sold out every single Saturday in the fall, every single home game in the fall. That thing has sold out people in that part of the country, belied Mason Blue.
Speaker 4: I don't think you believe that.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think I said with some conviction, didn't I.
Speaker 4: You did a good job articulating it, But you still doesn't believe it just because I because you think I'm a liar.
Speaker 3: Here we go again, and here we go again. What was it why we got Connor Stallions up?
Speaker 4: So it was confirmed that that was Connor Stallion's on the sideline, okay, and that's Matt Miller on the left. Central at Central Michigan. Okay, you guys are scumbags.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The NCAA also came out and said that the twenty three text messages between Sean Moore and Connor Stallions were not breaking any rules, further proving that Connor Stallions was a one man mission. Come on, and we covered against all the ten teams we played in the back half of the season.
Speaker 4: You guys did a covered. You guys covered the best job at taking advantage every.
Speaker 3: Rule matter when you learn it. You can still use it when you learn it, can't you JP, Yes, sorry, I'll do so every single thing I ever learned from here on now, I just can't use I have to keep him back in my mind and body of his national championship. Dude, we won it fair and square.
Speaker 4: Oh, I mean, that's debatable.
Speaker 3: It's debatable. But when people hear there, you go the podcast we did yesterday that I can't say who it was.
Speaker 4: He did a great job.
Speaker 3: He did a great job. He's a very smart man.
Speaker 4: You guys did a great job of towing the line in every part of the rule book in the NCULE.
Speaker 3: Right, which goes back to a great teams use the rules to their advantage right.
Speaker 4: So probably not, but it hasn't been found yet. No, it hasn't been found. Ye, dude, They've had all the time in the world.
Speaker 3: They're the NCAA, and they will subpoena and a diet and do whatever the hell they want. They have free range. They're a monopoly.
Speaker 4: What we know right now is that it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck.
Speaker 3: No, don't.
Speaker 4: We just don't have the final Hey, this was a duck.
Speaker 3: No, this is one of those situations. It was born one way. But we're not sure type of situation. We don't. We're not We're not fully clear on the situation.
Speaker 4: That's what it is. You know what we are on Shady Race.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we are.
Speaker 4: Shady Race, the sunglasses of the Summer, the official sunglass brand, sunglasses bran of Barstool Sports and Busts with the Boys. Our friends have you covered with their newest and boldest, premium polarized shades. They're kicking off their most anticipated Check This out Boys, their most anticipated release of twenty twenty four with a limited edition debut of their rival collection. This is a new single in style in Barstool Blue with a premium stool and stars lens etched in. And if you're looking for something more casual, the classics are always getting the barstool treatment. Both of these styles are perfect for all day, everyday comfort and performance. They have hundreds of options to choose from, so you are bound to find the perfect pair for your style. And if you don't love the shit the shades, exchange them. If you don't love the shades, yeah, exchange them for a new pair or turn them worry free within thirty days. There's no risk with the boys. Their team always has your back with personal and fast support at the Shady Rays dot Com. Use code Boys for thirty five percent off your polarized sunglasses. Try for yourself. The shades that are rated five stars by over three hundred thousand people. Shady Rays dot Com use Code Boys.
Speaker 3: I mean thirty five percent off is basically stealing from a company. Yeah, how are they gonna make it?
Speaker 4: Five is crazy?
Speaker 3: That's nuts.
Speaker 4: Thirty five is crazy.
Speaker 3: Wild and they're good looking shades.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, shadow.
Speaker 3: Shitty rais Dude. Can we please get to this this draft?
Speaker 4: Yeah, the all please get to it. The All NFL Summer Games Teams of will Compton and Taylor Lawana. We will be doing a draft for the four by one hundred meter, the high jump, the fifty meter freestyle, in swimming, shot put, fencing, and rifling to build out the all NFL.
Speaker 3: T got some notes here, ready to get into it.
Speaker 11: So we're gonna.
Speaker 3: Flip a Lucy can here, all right for the first pick in our I'm assuming this is a snake draft, right, this is a snake draft type of situation. Gotta be sure. Well, no, we'll just go back forth, back forth, back forth because the can't go me want him to then back to me too?
Speaker 6: That's crazy talk.
Speaker 4: Hey, should we flip for each event?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 4: Yes, okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 3: We're gonna use the espresso four milligram Lucy, the breakers breakers. I don't even know if we have an ad, but this is phenomenal stuff. Should get it, Ucy dot cos last pusson.
Speaker 6: Are you calling the air breakers his heads breakers?
Speaker 3: His heads?
Speaker 6: Bottom is his tails? Heady heads til it's in the air. Okay, heads?
Speaker 3: Good will won that you heard by his clap and that was Will Compton's clap. We are doing. We're starting with the for by one correct, Yeah, all right, NFL players current. We can't double dip at different events, correct, So if you pick somebody in this, you can't pick somebody for a different event. Just so we have clarity, go ahead, Will.
Speaker 4: With the first pick in the Summer Games NFL Draft, I will be selecting Raheem Moster from the Dolphins. He's clocked in it over twenty three miles an hour. He ran a nine point nine to eight one dash at Okie State, and that is my first pick. I was looking to go elsewhere, but once I did a little digging, you see that Raheem has the stats to back up that he could be the fastest man in the one hundred meters.
Speaker 3: We'll make this quick NFL. The second pick is going to go to Tyreek Hill has been the fastest recorded player for like eight years in a row. Call him the Cheetah for a reason. That's my guy. It's my first pick.
Speaker 4: He ran a and just for information out there, he ran a ten point one nine in the hundred meter dash. All right, this is where it gets.
Speaker 3: We spent like thirty minutes.
Speaker 4: My second pick is going to be Xavier Worthy pick the fastest recorded forty yard dash. He also has a sophomore in high school ran a ten point sixty five. Didn't compete after that because COVID started to take place. But you can imagine, right, maybe this deal is a draft.
Speaker 3: Great pick, good pick, strong pick. Uh yeah, thanks, match, I know how the podcast works. My second pick is going to go to I might mispronounce his name, but Tarik wooland Tarik wooland Tarrek woolan dB Seattle Seahawks recorded at twenty two point twenty five miles per hour on a pick six in October of twenty twenty three. But he was not the individual that had the pick. He was actually blocking for Witherspoons. So imagine this man and what he would put on the field or on the track if he was running for himself and his boys.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you what he's put on the track, A twenty one point four to six two hundred meter dash in high school.
Speaker 3: You know we're doing one ups, but okay, we'll do that now.
Speaker 4: No, I'm just you know, that's that's a good third pick. My third pick is going to go to devon A. Shane Devinish, another Miami running back. Another Miami running back, ranning four to three one forty yard dash, and he also ran a ten point one four one hundred meter in high school. High school ten point one four, look it up.
Speaker 3: I'm looking at two here, and I know a lot of casual fans are looking at this guy, going, ho, have you not picked him yet? I'm gonna take him off the board and it's gonna be DK Metcalf, Buddha Baker pick and a cardinal stadium is all the evidence you need for that. And he's got that walk off the bus intimidation. He walks off the bus and the rest of the track teams like a fuck, we're done. And he's eating a pack of Skittles like this, dude, don't even eat right, and he's running like this. We'll get him in the lab. We'll say, hey, listen, we love that you love snacks, we love that you love candy. But we're gonna go ahead and dial on the diet for a little bit because we have the Olympic Games for the NFL coming up. I can't say that believe that.
Speaker 12: The Summer Games. Quick question, is this also in order of what you would want them to run in the race.
Speaker 3: Now, we'll figure that out because I'll watch times and everything like that. All right, that's Tarik Wow, all right.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go with Devin DuVernay. He is a return specialist played for the Ravens. He is currently with the Jaguars. He ran a ten point two seven in high school.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Uh, my last pick is going to have multiple layers to it. It is going to be DJ Turner, the second cornerback out of Cincinnati. He went to Michigan. So now we have leadership qualities. We have guys that can keep guys in check, understand that the standard is the standard. At the Combine in twenty twenty three, he had the fastest time at a four point two six ten.
Speaker 4: Eight in the hundred meter. You know who he missed. I wish it could be five legs. Marquise Goodwin rent at ten point twenty five. However, he's getting a little longer in the tooth. Yeah, you gotta stay young out there. I love I love this, I love the draft. That's my picks.
Speaker 3: I'm excited to see what people think. Who would win this? Should we move on to our next event? Do or do we want to have the boys say who they think without looking into it too much because it's close.
Speaker 4: It's a great race.
Speaker 3: It's a great race. Yeah, needs that would be that would be it. My last pick was DJ turn of the second.
Speaker 4: He was on my board. He was on my board. Yes, next event, here we go. Next event is going to be high jump call near heads heads.
Speaker 3: I almost didn't get it. I think I think that was a good character move by because you did catch it, you looked at it and you just kept it where it was. Let's see here. Two people come to mind and the high jump. But I am going to end up taking Byron Jones mine forty four and a half inch introvertical. He plays corner a lot of body control. When you're going up, you're in man coverage. You have to contort your body in interesting ways to get up and catch at high point the ball. It just takes a lot that you see in the high jump area because it's not just about how high you can jump, it's about technique involved as well. So a corner to me was the was the obvious choice, especially one with bunnies like forty four point five inches.
Speaker 4: That's where I want to DK.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think v DK got too much ass.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go with a place for the Patriots. Jalen Rager.
Speaker 3: He is.
Speaker 4: Jalen Rager. He jumped six feet six inches when he competed in high school, which I don't know that that could be his school record.
Speaker 3: Could be good.
Speaker 1: What that's only six inches higher than you when you were.
Speaker 4: Seven middle school seven? But then I developed too much ass getting cleared again, way.
Speaker 3: Too much ass. Let's go, do you we want to do fifty freestyle? Okay, fifty freestyle? Next? Will call it in the air. Heads, heads always heads.
Speaker 4: Let's go with uh for my swimmer cuts out a lot of the league. Let's go. Let's go Cooper, did you God damn it, dude, throw them in the water.
Speaker 3: That's a good one. This was probably the most difficult my next that was the pick. That was the pick. I'm gonna go Joey Bosa with my pick. You hear me out, hear me out. Grew up in Florida, sinking, grew up in Florida. The Florida boys are just different around the water. I was in I was in thirty eight just last week, and I saw a bunch of Florida boys walk down and just go so far in the water. They're floating and swimming just zero awareness with the sharks in the water and all that, they're just built a little bit different. He's got the broad shoulders, he's more slender than Nick Bosa. Yeah, there's a sinking issue, there's no questions about it. But my question is who else are we taking?
Speaker 4: Okay, there's a lot of guys out there.
Speaker 3: No, Joey's my pick, and I think he will grunt out a w against Cooper de Gen next event.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, oh yeah, call it.
Speaker 1: What we do?
Speaker 3: Oh shot put.
Speaker 6: I didn't call it, call in the air heads heads a shot.
Speaker 3: Now, looking through this list, the obvious choice was going to be Joe Thomas if we're doing past and present. But now we gotta go with the silver Back at ninety nine rated overall power, small legs, but a lot of torque in his body. That's gonna be Trent Williams is going to be my pick.
Speaker 4: I have a sneaky pick here. I did some research. He threw, Uh, he threw as far as forty six and eleven and a quarter.
Speaker 3: I hope that's good.
Speaker 4: Jalen hurts, strong lower body. You know, he's got the arm on him. Hell of a great technique.
Speaker 3: Yes, good pick, fun pick fun, pick fun. I think the intimidation factor though. Trent Williams takes that.
Speaker 4: Jalen anym worried about that. He knows it's all the technique. Bro, He's gonna he's gonna look at Tremi. This guy has no clue what he's doing. He'll figure it out, no question. He's got four years of train he ain't do on a forty six.
Speaker 3: You're up, clip, yeah, pass me the lucy can. Things to get a little tight in here. I feel all right fencing.
Speaker 4: You get your boys, I'll get my boys and we'll line it up heads.
Speaker 3: That's fencing is a difficult one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, fencing is a little difficult. I'm gonna go justin Jefferson. I think he's got the talent, that length, the ability, the grittiness, the competitive nature.
Speaker 3: That'll be a great pick for your high jump.
Speaker 4: I thought about him, but I love my pick at high jump. A little unsung hero can actually do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. The four main qualities you need for fencing as speed, anticipation, reflexes, and mental strength. Those are the four things you need. And I it took me a while. I did think to myself Tyre Hill for a minute, but he's obviously been taking off the board. He worked with F one drivers and even the F one drivers walked away, and his reflexes are actually pretty incredible. But then I have to thinking reflexes. Speed doesn't always have to be linear speed, but speed off the ball, that fast twitch, the movement being elusive, those types of things, and keeping it sharp up top. You gotta go defensive linement on that. I took Micah Parsons.
Speaker 4: A massive target. Give him a massive target.
Speaker 3: See. I also chose that because he is one of the more slender looking defensive ends in the league. Quick twitch, long, very bendy, great reflexes, great reflexes on the fly. To be able to see an offensive linement set and not to go inside, outside, or through the middle is a very underrated quality that guys need. I think Michael Parsons is a great pick for this last event. It is you flipping and go ahead. I'll call it in the air. It's going to be heads heads. Oh now you're getting scummy. Okay, I got my pick here, No, go ahead. Rifling. First thought is hunters. People that go out, they use the scope. They understand wins and crosswinds and all that stuff. Seeing animals in the distance. And then I thought about busting with the boys and guys that we've had on here before. And then I thought about this podcast and who was on the Detroit Lions, and I ended up with an all pro center at Frank Ragnow it's thank you.
Speaker 4: It's a great pick. Fun fact we USA lost in rifling.
Speaker 3: Okay, thank you for that fact.
Speaker 4: Will feel like that. Heels like we shouldn't lose it rifling.
Speaker 3: No, we should absolutely not. Also, who's the dude that just kind of came out casual and just beast.
Speaker 1: Give me?
Speaker 4: Give me Christian McCaffrey for rifling, precision focus, blocking out the noise, training for years, CMC. We got a great ball club.
Speaker 3: You know what, big CMC guy, I love him. I don't know if that's your guy, because he was so focused growing up on playing ball. I don't think he ever went hunting one time.
Speaker 4: Imagine that type of training ability towards rifling. Yeah, and his old man in his ear.
Speaker 3: That family's built off of passion, and they trained for the passions. Their passion is football. You're gonna pivot his passion into rifling. I have no doubt that Christian can be an absolute stud of anything he chooses to do. But I don't know if Christan's gonna choose that rifling is gonna be the thing for him.
Speaker 4: He knows if he's representing my ball club in these games, that man will be dialed.
Speaker 3: I think it was a good draft. They get it. You're strong in the beginning, There's no question about it.
Speaker 4: Look, I think you got names.
Speaker 3: My fifty freestyle is my my least favorite. I thought a Cooper de genas that that's the obvious pick. There, you got them.
Speaker 4: I was about to throw CMC in the water, but I liked him rifling.
Speaker 3: See I think CMC in the water. I could look back at that and go, damn, I really missed that one. Yeah, I missed that one. I feel good about it. Though, I feel good about this. I think it's gonna be, you know what, It's going to be a competitive games, no question about it. Nail biters all around.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Who you guys got? What team you guys picking? We'll ball club team Willie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, we don't have to.
Speaker 4: You can chime in on the internet tomorrow.
Speaker 12: Yeah, we'll get a graphic up.
Speaker 3: Let the people. Let the people vote. But that was fun Yeah, it was a great idea, Garrett, great idea.
Speaker 4: Shall we get into the training camp interviews.
Speaker 3: Let's get into the trading camp interview.
Speaker 4: Almon Ross, Saint Brown, Pinna Sewel, Swelly Swell, Sewell, and Jared Goff. Jared Golf was a lot of fun.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they all.
Speaker 3: We didn't know. We didn't know if Jared Goff was gonna be a little more of vanilla. He was a good time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, took a couple of jabs. I loved it.
Speaker 3: Took a couple jabs. Gave a couple of jabs. Yeah, fun stuff. But before we get this episode on.
Speaker 4: One, and so did Almon Rossaint Brown on Michigan. That was a fun little well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and there's actually an agreement between him and I about going on his podcast after Michigan USC September twenty first, So we will see, we will see. One thing you guys can see is the brightness of my tattoos and any of you. They say fifty percent of America is now having tattoos, so we're getting in to that majority category. Bus with the Boys is sponsored by Hustle Butter Tattooed Care New or old Hustle Butter products keeps our skin moisturized, our tattoos vibrant so they could look and feel their best for life. Tattoos are an investment, I guess so yeah, I guess they're investm because we're on by for the rest of your life. Keep them staying fresh for life with Hustle Butter. I just said myself, I put these bad boys on. It's nice and I actually, you know, I could use a little bit more right now. I'm a little ashy if I'm being honest, but want to put the Hustle Butter on looks phenomenal. I have been trying them all and I love the way man leave my skin soft and my tattoos vibrant. We love Hustle Butter and we know you will too. Right now, you're giving We're giving you guys fifteen percent off your order on their website. Use code bustin fifteen on Hustle Butter dot com. Exclusive exclusions apply. Don't wait at Hustle Butter, Re'll never phase and remember head over to the website at Hustle Butter dot com and use code busting one five for fifteen percent off your order. Have a great day. Please enjoy this episode. It was a lot of fun to do. We did a lot of traveling last week to get this done. Detroit fans welcome, hope you guys, subscribe, rate five stars, and leave comments. It's the only way that helps us grow and growing. Grow. Big hugs, tiny kisses. We will see you all later.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we got you. Get diding, Get off, get out. We know the drill.
Speaker 1: Appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Okay, First off, I don't know if this is breaking news. The Detroit Lions are now a cool football team. It's now cool. It's now cool to be a Lions fan. It's cool to be in the in Michigan and being like, yo, we have the best college football program all the time, thirty minutes away from Detroit, and now we possibly have Super Bowl champions in twenty twenty four But I feel like you and I are very similar when it comes to the draft. I'll take you back to twenty fourteen. Lions were picking at number ten. I went to the University of Michigan. I was sitting there, I saying to myself, for the love of God, please Lions do not pick me. I do not want to go to this horrendous franchise. No disrespect, because I just said we're cool. Now, I just said we're cool. So it's all good. I have some intel saying that you felt very similar in those situations, and now you're part of a cool franchise has a feel.
Speaker 7: No, not similar at all, to be honest, let's just get that out the way. I mean, it's a lot different than when you were going into the draft, you know. I mean you didn't have Campbell, he didn't have homes. So, uh, when I got drafted, I was really just happy. I mean, to be honest, I thought I was gonna go earlier. So once I just went past five, I just kind of like, all right, wherever I goes I meant to be. I got picked here, and uh, I think it's the best decision of my life, to be honest.
Speaker 4: Where'd you think you were going to go?
Speaker 1: I think I was going to go to Cincinnati.
Speaker 4: Were you hopeful for that?
Speaker 1: Nah? I honestly I was helpful for anything. Just I didn't care.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right, because that was when they were talking about Cincinnati needs to take a.
Speaker 1: Tackle and right, yep, and made a great decision.
Speaker 3: Now it was your camp sitting there being like, yo, Cincinnati's the move. That's where you're gonna go.
Speaker 1: Uh, for the most part, it was leaning towards that way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And how has it been seeing the fandom of the Lions when you first got here out people are excited about Dan and all that, but there was just like the thirty years, you guys literally broke the seal on something they haven't done forever. Seeing it now this year, all the hype you get back in the city. You see everyone just totally dialed in everything that field. Knowing that you've been in a huge part of that.
Speaker 7: Man, it feels amazing, amazing to be honest, just because my rookie year, I think we didn't win a game until like week twelve or like eleven or something like that, and that was depressing, to be honest, never been a part of something like that. And uh, just to see our growth from there, and just to see what type of dudes that are in his building now, it's just amazing. You just see the progress. You see the blueprint that Homes and Campbell put together and just makes you love the game, you know, with.
Speaker 4: All Like everybody loves coach Campbell. He's always got the clips that go viral. People love the football guy of the that he is. What is your biggest pet peeve of Coach campbell pet peeve?
Speaker 1: There's not a lot, but sometimes.
Speaker 7: When he's in a team meeting room, he'll go on a spiel, and when he's on his spiel, sometimes he needs to take a break and it's a long break and you just don't know what's gonna come out of his mouth next. So he's going on about a story, he'll pause for a nice three minutes and then totally just veer off another direction, like we could talk about football and then have that pause and then talk.
Speaker 1: About his dog and conversation.
Speaker 7: You're just like, I thought that was supposed to be like kind of inspirational, motivational, kind of get something out of it.
Speaker 1: And then he'll just.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, he's really thinking of something deep here.
Speaker 7: Yes exactly. I was like, oh man, I'm about to get pumped right now. YEA, give me something, coach.
Speaker 1: And then dog loves steak or something like. That's probably the one thing.
Speaker 3: You know, after the first thirty seconds of that three minute period, you're just like you whisper to your boy, like kind of nudging his leg.
Speaker 7: You can see his heart racing too. He's just like breathing heavily, and you're just say, all right, come on, coach, Okay, what are you about to say? And then he drops that and you're just like, all right, coach, I see you next time.
Speaker 3: Did your offensive line is probably one of the best in the entire NFL? Like sorry, no, obviously having your hard time, but with Frank and then Graham leaving and coming back and Decker and you, like, the expectation for you guys got to be so high this year. Like, do you guys talk about how you know there's such a like the foundation of the team is really on the offensive line. Do you guys talk about how important it is for you gus to essentially live up to the standard that everyone's putting on you guys.
Speaker 7: Right now, we definitely don't talk about it because I think a lot of people already know and that everyone else is kind of talking for us, And so I think our thing is is just coming into the building every day and be in that example, you know, just not even talking about it, just be it and filling those shoes with no hesitation and a lot of confidence. So I don't think we need to talk about it, So we just be about it.
Speaker 4: The offensive line rooms are the best. What do you guys operate by any rules?
Speaker 6: So, for example, it's like the fine system.
Speaker 4: Fine, there's always a fine system. I feel like everywhere. If you get mentioned in a team meeting, you know that's a f if you're doing anything quirky, Like, what rules does your guys offensive line room have? Well, maybe it's with rookies.
Speaker 7: Maybe no rules for like I guess the vets and the older guys, but the rookies they have to stock the fridge, sodas, juice, water, whatever, whatever the fellas want. And then snacks little debbies gotta be a lot of little debbie snacks.
Speaker 3: The little debbie guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, big, big time. And then uh, that's about it. And then maybe.
Speaker 7: One of the vets want like an express machine or like a hot dog stand or whatever they want, so they'll ask the rookies.
Speaker 1: They gotta get it. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Has a rookie ever dropped the ball?
Speaker 1: No? So far this rookie class has been great. Honestly.
Speaker 3: What about the what about the holiday season? You get into Spooktober. You have Thanksgiving around the corner.
Speaker 7: Christmas so far, just Christmas. We don't do Thanksgiving or Halloween. You have the rookies great the room, and.
Speaker 1: I think that's about it, to be honest.
Speaker 4: You guys get each other gifts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we do like a white elephant type vibe.
Speaker 4: Is there a limit?
Speaker 1: Last year it was a thousand thousand minimum? Yeah? Minimum.
Speaker 3: That's a good white elf yeah, good nice, Yeah, some nice stuff out there, some papers.
Speaker 4: Down like he let's do fifty yeah, knowing it'll go up from there?
Speaker 3: Right, and you can't do cash, right, can't?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, no, no, can't.
Speaker 3: I don't want to step on your guys's traditions, but you guys really need to start decorating for Halloween. You're in the middle of the season.
Speaker 4: The doc rookies Halloween.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, oh wait, actually the team had the team has something. It's not just the line, but the team has a thing where all the rookies have to dress up for Halloween and then Campbell introduces them, say what they are?
Speaker 3: Gotcha? So yeah, growing up, you grew up in Samow.
Speaker 1: Correct, correct America, simo, and then.
Speaker 3: You went to Utah when you're twelve years old? Correct, when when did you pick up football? Because obviously you go into Oregon, you're an immediate store or you win the Outland Trophy, Like you've had a very decorated career already, but usually kids are picking up the game of like five, six, seven years old, were you doing that.
Speaker 7: I've always been around a game, so like not playing it, like with pads on and everything. But my dad was a coach, so honestly since probably like four five, I've been around the game, just running around his high school team, helping him set up cones and oftentimes running the drills with the players. And then my first padded youth gig was when I was nine turning ten. And this age group is a little different on the island because you can't really be specific because of money and all that.
Speaker 1: It's not that much.
Speaker 7: So I think it was like ten to thirteen you could play, and then like that was the only range for the youth football down there.
Speaker 1: So I was nine turning.
Speaker 7: Ten and my two older brothers were already playing, and I was like, man, I'm on the I'm on the ads, let me play. My dad didn't like me play that year, and just because everyone.
Speaker 1: Was just huge at thirteen on the island, and.
Speaker 7: So I played my when I was ten, and that's when I just I got killed left and right just getting killed by these thirteen fourteen year olds didn't play at all. But I think that moment right there is what really set me up for success, because once I got to the island, I was the bully. Like growing up, I knew all those hits that I got were like hard and like all those things is kind of like taking as a little kid.
Speaker 1: Now I'm the one giving it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 7: So like I'm the one saying the tone, and I know what it feels like and I know how to what it looks like.
Speaker 4: So what was it like growing up in a household like you? Obviously your three brothers they all play ball, you're old man's a head coach. What's it like growing up in an environment like that?
Speaker 7: Honestly, it was a lot of fun, a lot of broken things in the house. Mom didn't like it, but yeah, super fun. We played football every second we had.
Speaker 4: Is that hard on you guys?
Speaker 3: For football?
Speaker 1: Yeah? That's about it. Though. It was like football was my dad and academics was my mom.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So but yeah, it was really harsh on us, uh in terms of like doing the right things and uh uh, learning to plays and stuff like that. So but every chance we got on the island to play football on the beach in our backyard on the mountain, like we played it and it was like our football was like a bottle like this, sorry, let me not put that up like that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then.
Speaker 7: We'd fill it up the bottom with like sand and then water and then'd have some weight on it, and that'd be our football, just because we didn't have one.
Speaker 1: And then we just tossed around and just tackle each other basically.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then you end up going to Oregon, which has like the nicest facilities of.
Speaker 1: All my gosh. Yeah, it was a total total.
Speaker 3: Flip, total flip. What made you choose Orgon.
Speaker 7: To be honest, it was a personnel that was there, head coach Mario Cristobal, that's my guy.
Speaker 1: Loved that dude to death and.
Speaker 7: Fell in love with this whole philosophy, his whole vibe and what he's about.
Speaker 1: And I know he's an online guy too, And to have an online guy as a head coach, I think it's pretty good for me.
Speaker 3: So no doubt.
Speaker 4: Should we tear talk. Let's hear some tier talk real quick, all right, So we have this segment called Tier Talk where essentially you tier one through three, like your top three our tier. Talk with you is going to be necessities in training camp. What are the top three things that you have to have that you have to pack? Do you guys stay in a hotel?
Speaker 1: No, no, I'm going to go home.
Speaker 4: What are the three things you have to have during training camp?
Speaker 3: Phone?
Speaker 7: I guess, But like with the phone, I watched movies a lot just during the breaks.
Speaker 4: Are you a gamer?
Speaker 1: I am a gamer?
Speaker 4: But were you like a rookie that if you were in a hotel anywhere you're packing your ex pack?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I think my rookie year we went to or not second year we went to Indy for like a joint training camp.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bad thing. I was like, yeah, I need it.
Speaker 7: I'm a big NCAA guy right now, so that's got me hooked all the time. Any good. Nah, I'm still trying to figure out this.
Speaker 3: I'm horrendous. I'm sitting in the same boat.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's a little different, but uh, I need I don't really need much, to be honest.
Speaker 4: How about some gold bond? Are you a chafer during training camp?
Speaker 2: Nah?
Speaker 1: No, I'm good.
Speaker 4: I would always I would always get the rashes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I mean. That's a big.
Speaker 4: Gold bond on sit in front of a fan naked with calamine lotion in case I got boys and.
Speaker 1: Ivy damn okay wow yeah, nothing else though. Phone, I'm simple, Uh Tier three.
Speaker 3: I do like the phone, so I'll put the phone out there. Tier three phone, uh, Tier two electrolytes because I'm a big cramper, so I would always be taking my water bottles and always be filling them up. But my Tier one, because we did stay in a hotel, was lotion. I mean, yeah, time you have? You got what times you got this morning? Uh, six sixty five, and then you're in the building, You've just finished practice. It's not even noon yet.
Speaker 1: Get back.
Speaker 3: What's up? You get back?
Speaker 1: What you done?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: True, I got back last night around seven forty.
Speaker 3: So we would get back like eight thirty nine. Yeah, that's to I would take those fifteen minutes and it would be me and myself.
Speaker 1: And I know.
Speaker 4: We did stay in a hotel.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we have to stay in the hotel for the first until the second. I mean here, yeah, we got and you gotta do what you got. You can't tell me you walk into a hotel room and you're not like this is the safest I'll ever be at the Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you gotta take care of some alone time to take care of business.
Speaker 4: So that's my away games.
Speaker 3: My Tier one is lotion.
Speaker 1: Oh maybe necessity.
Speaker 4: Is some nicotine. Lucy, Lucy Lucy. The only thing I feel like I would add is Norma Tech. I feel like I was always packing Norma text everywhere I went. Norma Tech Xbox.
Speaker 3: It's a good one.
Speaker 4: Lotions a great one, but Norma Tech. I'll start with gold bond, Norma Tech Xbox.
Speaker 3: So I would never bring the Xbox because my brain, I'd be up till two, like two am, and then the next day I'm screwed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it's like it's especially important, like for an off day, off days when it's a big Xbox. If the boys, yeah, running the hallways.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean, they know they're all good points, all good points. It's just me. If I walked into a room like now the Locans in the corner and I got to play the Xbox for four or five hours, I got I got tradition, I got I got stuff. I gotta figure out.
Speaker 4: Guys are wondering why you're not sitting with them for snack at night, and you're just backing it to go to get up to your.
Speaker 3: Right immediately go play. Imagine trying to play, trying to be in camp right now. We'll see if he's twenty five going on.
Speaker 4: I know, I know because I love that game.
Speaker 3: Right now?
Speaker 4: I know what uh you obviously saying can gratulations the biggest, the highest paid alignment in history as of right now? What is? We love to ask this question and please humorous. What has been your biggest splurge purchase since signing that contract? Or maybe when you got drafted in the first round? I mean you did. You are like the man.
Speaker 7: Uh, I guess let's start with the rookie one house, but like that's I guess standard didn't need a roof over my head, but a car I got, like I got the tar X. Okay, that bad boy, you know. So that's my baby right there. And then this big contract. Honestly, not much other than jury.
Speaker 3: Yeah, big jewelry.
Speaker 1: Yeah not me, but uh for the significant other.
Speaker 3: So you just got married, congratulations, thank you two weeks ago?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: No honeymoon no, yeah, I We're gonna wait, So where are you all gonna go?
Speaker 1: Man, uh, I don't know. Balley's calling my name a little bit, but we'll see. I don't know. It's not for sure that.
Speaker 3: I couldn't even pick that out of the map if if I wanted to me neither.
Speaker 1: That's the thing.
Speaker 3: Just want to go and just culture yourself exactly. I love that. We appreciate you coming, man, Thank you so much for having pain in the ass. So just taking a little bit of time out of your days means a lot. So we appreciate you.
Speaker 1: Thank you, guys, appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Man, appreciate that. Bro, look at that punctual. Punctual.
Speaker 3: We honner up this episode to bring you something that I really need to get on in a hurry, and that is Grammarly. You right across multiple platforms and places during your work day, so deliver constant, high quality communication everywhere is key. Grammarly is an AI writing partner that helps you get the work done faster with high quality writing for better projects, proposals, presentations, and more. Better writing means stronger impact. Ninety six percent of grammary users report that grammarly helps their craft more Impactful writing helps them craft more and pathful writing. Get personalized writing suggestions, based on your audience, goals and context. For me, pretty obvious, right, I got a very small pool when it comes to my grammar I think i'd really dip into this little pool right here and have a little fun. Get AI writing support that works where you work. Sign up and download for free at grammarly dot com. Forward slash Podcast. That's g r A M M a r l y dot com slash podcast. Is your said done? Let's get back to this episode two hundred Balls a Day Caught in the Jukes.
Speaker 9: Did you today before practice, sorry, before practice, before practice, before practice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, you had an increase, You've had a I'm on episode six. You've had an incredible showing so far.
Speaker 3: Thanks appreciate it.
Speaker 4: I really respect it, and I'm super curious what it was like growing up in the household with your old man.
Speaker 9: Honestly, for me, it was normal, like that's the that's the life I grew up, you know, knowing him, you know, being the guy here is. Everyone sees the way he acts, you know, him telling me to drink a coke at halftime.
Speaker 3: I'm used to it. Those texts all the time, you know, the sayings that he has.
Speaker 9: I'm used to it him, you know, being like our trainers, but you know, outside of sports and being our trainer, he was awesome dad.
Speaker 3: So it was it was a good time.
Speaker 4: When we had cem on. He would say that his dad ed McCaffrey like he would get grounded if he got arm tackled in youth football. Did you have anything like that with your old man, because I would assume he was pretty hard on you guys.
Speaker 9: Yeah, no, I didn't get no. I wouldn't say I got grounded or you know, punished for anything. It was just like, you know, if you had a bad game, getting that car right home is always hell. It's like that's the last thing you want to do after the game, after a bad game, is you know, you got to get in the car with your dad and go home and he's gonna tell you everything you did wrong and what you got to fix and how you got to be better, and so those are I would say, that's what I dreaded most, is the car right home, or we'd go after, you know, after practice, go back to the park, buy a house and get more drills in, just keep working on the stuff that I wasn't doing right. So I was used to it but as a kid, it's like here a right, here we go, like I gotta go back to this way. That's all I knew with.
Speaker 3: Your old man. Like obviously him being a part of like your strength, your coaching, all that stuff. At what point where you're like, hey, Dad, like I'm a senior at USC, I have coaches for this name right.
Speaker 9: And college? It was it was a little different because I wasn't with him. So I was the first time I wasn't with my dad, you know, almost every day. So but I went to USC, so it was like an hour away from from his house, so he'd be at a lot of the practices. Obviously he couldn't come to all them because some practices aren't open to family, but he would come to a lot of them, and you know, he would still coach me up. He kind of let me do my thing. But when I got to college, but if he saw anything that he didn't like, he was either telling me, text me, calling me, whatever it was. But even still to this day in the NFL, he's still you know, texting me, calling me, you know, giving me his thoughts and opinions for me. You know, I respect it, obviously, you know he's never played at this level. So some of the things it's hard for me to explain to him because, like I tell other people, he's like, I want you to get the ball on for a second, third down every play, like you should be getting the ball. I'm like, it doesn't work like that. I gotta run routes, gotta run guys off and things like that. So he just wants me to, you know, keep going, keep going in. I get it. But I love him to death.
Speaker 3: How is his exposure as far as like the Netflix Receiver and all that, How has he been received by the public?
Speaker 9: People love him? Bro, Yeah, I'm in the locker room. I got teammates not even talking about me. They're talking about my dad.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: I love your dad. Bro, he's awesome.
Speaker 9: I got Michael Badget tell me he's looking at all the podcasts. He's keeping up with him and he loves his sayings. I tell everyone, like, Bro, I'm I'm used to it. Like every day I can tell you what he's about to stay before he even says it, Like I know exactly what type of guy is. But the people love him and they love you know. I think he's he's raw, he's honest, he's he's himself, no matter if the cameras or if it's not. And I think people, you know, respect that, but I think his person noality is just one of one.
Speaker 4: What's his go to quote? Like, what is the number one quote of.
Speaker 9: His go to quote? I mean, as a kid who was so many I feel like he always, you know, reminded us about, you know, this decision making. He would tell us something. He would tell us. You know, you can either listen to me or listen to yourself. But if I were you, I would listen to me. That's something he always told us growing up as kids. I mean there's so many uh you know, shoot for the stars because the bottoms of a crowded I mean, he has so many sayings. Then he has these little like one off. I don't know if you guys seen our podcast, but it's like if the situation arises and something looks too good to be true, be careful all Kenny looks good before you taste it. Like, there's so many little sayings he has that he always Yeah, but I'm used to it. I mean I've picked up something from him too.
Speaker 3: You brought the podcast. How long have you guys been doing a podcast.
Speaker 9: We've been doing it going, this is going into our third no, yeah yah?
Speaker 3: And is it do you guys do a weekly or just during the season.
Speaker 9: During the season, every we record on Tuesdays and it drops on Wednesdays.
Speaker 4: What's it called?
Speaker 3: It's got the same Brown podcast, Same Brown podcast.
Speaker 4: Go check it out, subscribe all yeah right? Five stars drop comments. Dude, I love the way you play. I feel like you play pissed off, which also is I guess I'll use the word like unexpected. You're a five star cat, you go to USC, you leave early and declared for the draft, you get drafted, which fourth round? But where do you find Where do you feel like you found this chip on your shoulder to play the way that you play?
Speaker 9: I think for me it was I've always been like that ever since you know, I was a kid. I've just been super competitive, like I've always and I hated losing. Like that's the biggest thing for me is whatever I do, I don't want to lose, especially if I'm playing sports, because I love I love sports.
Speaker 3: I love them.
Speaker 9: Growing up, basketball, football, soccer, everything, I hated losing. And so when I got to high school, I played varsity as a sophomore and I played a little got hurt, broke my foot, and then my brother was balling out. He was a junior going crazy. I was like, man, I can't let my brother would do me. So then he you know, next year, I'm a junior, he's a senior. I gotta do better than him. He was going crazy. He was like, had like fifteen touchdowns over a thousand yards, and I was super happy for him. But I was like just me being me, like being around my brothers all the time. I got to do better than my brother. So going into my junior year, I was like, I got to do better him. So we both, you know, had great years. I might have had a little more touch, like a few more stats in him, but it was like neck and neck. He ended up leaving going to Stanford. And then you know, I got my senior year at Modern Day and at that time, I was like a five star or whatever like you said, and won the state title. Yeah, we won everything, won the best teams ever in high school football.
Speaker 3: But we won the whole thing.
Speaker 9: You know, did all the camps and Nike opening and everything, and being at those camps.
Speaker 3: I just love one on ones.
Speaker 9: That was The biggest thing for me was doing one on ones, you against the dB what a quarterback everyone's watching, and I just I just love the competition aspect of you know, me versus you. And then ever since I feel like, you know, high school, going into college, I wanted to play as a freshman. So I was out there as a freshman, trying to dog people whatever I could do, running people over, blocking, trying to make every catch, taking every rep if I could, and that just kind of translated all the way. And then I got dropped late.
Speaker 3: I was mad already got here and same thing over again. I wanted to go dominate. Yeah, there's something about like football players, even when you're having the success you do, they like in a good way, like delusion of making being like these people don't believe me. So I'm gonna have a chip on my shoulder. Right with your brother going to Stanford and you guys planning against each other in the PAC twelve, the conference formerly noticed PAC twelve. Did you ever think about going to Stanford?
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 9: It was between Notre Dame, Stanford and USC, so I have my oldest went to Notre Dame, middle went to Stanford, and then I went to USC becoming out. I was like, I love I always love Stanford because it was an educational, smart school. I just love Coach Shaw and everyone. And then Notre Dame.
Speaker 3: I didn't really know much about Notre Dame.
Speaker 9: My brother took a visit and I went with him, and I was like, this is pretty cool, like tradition everything. The location is little, eh, but like once you get there, it's like.
Speaker 3: Its own world.
Speaker 9: The games are amazing electric. So went to Notre Dame when on a visit. I loved Notre Dame, but I was like he ended up declaring as I was coming out of high school, so PE would have stayed.
Speaker 3: I think one more year.
Speaker 9: Probably would have went to Notre Dame to play with my older brother because I've never played with him, but he ended up declaring to go with the NFL. I was like, you know what, Notre Dame is cool. He just left. Though Stanford they don't really throw the ball. I love the school, but they don't throw as much as I would like. And USC is close to home, and I want to keep my talent.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my talent at home. You you mentioned being pissed off being drafted late. There's a you have a list of receivers that got drafted out of you. What are the names on those lists?
Speaker 9: You know I would recite those a game for you guys, but you guys probably heard it too many times. You guys are sick of it now, so I can't do it again for you guys.
Speaker 4: Now, when you were coming out, I know a couple of sites like PFF Draft Network they projected you in like second or third round and talk to you being a pure second string player. Do you ever think do you ever remember these things now that you've had the success that you do?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 9: You know, I wouldn't say like back, you know, coming out obviously, you know when I first started, when I first got here and it started making some plaz yeah, But like now it's I feel like I don't really pay too much attention to that. I mean, that's their job. They got to make. Media has to make, you know, predictions, whatever, that's their job. That's what they have to do. I don't blame him. I don't think they're the best at it, but it is what it is. But now I'm at a point in my career where it's like I'm worried about Obviously, I want.
Speaker 1: To play good.
Speaker 9: Every player wants to play good, but I feel like we just want to win a super Bowl. That's the biggest thing. Whatever it takes for me as a team to lead, whatever it is to be a good teammate, to make more players. If I have to go out there and go be super Bowl champs, that's the biggest thing. I feel like we know we can do as a team. We feel like we got the guys in our in our building, on our roster, the coaches, We've been here for a while now, and I mean we got so close last year that I mean, we just gotta we just gotta push a.
Speaker 4: Little harder if we will.
Speaker 3: But Will already talks about the intensity you play with and everything, the competitive nature when you're in the locker room with guys no wide receiver room is a dramatic room. It can be very like finicky that way when you see guys maybe not putting in the same effort as you. How do you approach it from a leadership standpoint?
Speaker 9: You know, sometimes it's tough for me. I feel like I don't wanna I don't want to the teammates the think I'm you know, being tough on them, or I don't like them. So that's kind of something that I'm trying to been trying to battle right now, is when to speak up and when not to because I'm not I'm not a guy that's a hoorah guy. I'm gonna go out there. I don't say much. I like to work. I'd rather show you better than I can tell you. But you know, if something is out of line and I feel like I need to speak up, I'll speak up. But you know, if someone's not working hard on the field, I feel like with our practice, it's kind of hard not to work hard. When everyone's working hard. You'll kind of be like the automat now if you're not doing the right thing. So I feel like our coaches and teammates everyone does a great job of pushing each other. So that's not really a problem we have here. But like I said, if something is really out of line, then I'll speak up. But for the most part, I just like to show the guys how I work, and you know, then my play at the talking.
Speaker 4: Do you find yourself like focusing on developing into that like more of a vocal leader now that like when you're a guy, like obviously your voice carries more weight.
Speaker 9: Right, Yeah, Like I said, something I've been working on because my whole life I haven't really been a vocal leader. That's not something that I thriving.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 9: I feel like some guys talk too much and that's really that's not the guy I want to be. I want to be a guy that when I do say something, you know people are listening. So it just hasn't been me. But something I definitely need to work on get better as being more vocal. But like I said, I don't want to be redundant someone that's speaking too It's the worst for me. So like I'll speak up about I have to, but something has.
Speaker 3: To be going wrong for me to speak up.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, USC going to the Big ten this year. How do you feel the boys in California stack up against.
Speaker 4: A real big ten ball?
Speaker 9: You know, I love the move. We're not we're not worried about the Big ten though.
Speaker 3: Let's unpack that for a second. One of the national champions.
Speaker 4: You guys got a lot of long flights, long fights.
Speaker 9: And Michigan wants to do is run it, like just pack the box. They can't throw, make him throw will be good.
Speaker 3: Every team they played against did that and they lost to everything. They was gone. Now they lost eight guys? Who they lost eight dudes? Right, Michigan did Yeah, well, actually they lost fifteen guys. They all got drafted, even guys.
Speaker 4: Even it's over.
Speaker 3: What are you talking about? When does we load? What's USC doing?
Speaker 1: Don't worry?
Speaker 9: We got Lincoln Rightley to you guys, Do.
Speaker 3: You guys promote painting your fingernails in California?
Speaker 4: Is that a big thing?
Speaker 3: No, we don't promote anything.
Speaker 9: If you want to do it, go ahead, you know I love that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a good PC answer. So you guys are gonna run the big ten, no problem.
Speaker 9: I don't know if we're gonna run it, but it's gonna be It's gonna be fun. I know Michigan is done. Like they had their one shot. It's over with.
Speaker 3: That is a wild it's done wild statement. Like half of your fans are Michigan fans.
Speaker 9: No, they're Detroit Lions fans. And if you're not a USC fand theer's a problem.
Speaker 3: Are you gonna go to the game September twenty First.
Speaker 9: I wish we have we actually have an away game.
Speaker 3: That sucks, dude, because that would be I would have been lit. For you to see that kind of experience would be unbelievable. You've probably never seen anything like that kind of experience. Are you talking about the biggest stadium in North America? The third biggest in the world.
Speaker 9: I actually took an official to Michigan when I was coming out of high school. Michigan, Michigan State rainy, don't do it crazy, Michigan State won. I'm like, I can't go here that. That was twenty seventeen. They won, Bro, Michigan, they one raining like crazy. I'm from I'm from southern California. I'm like, this rain is ridiculous. Number one, I couldn't catch a.
Speaker 3: Ball on this.
Speaker 9: Then I'm like and they lost.
Speaker 1: Vibes were low.
Speaker 9: Recruiting coordinator wasn't feeling that. I'm good, Bro, it was a stadium loud No, no, why.
Speaker 3: Are you doing this?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 3: Like getting a rapport together?
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 4: I love the back and forth.
Speaker 3: I can't wait till Setempertory. Keep your DMS open. I will be there. I will be after that game. I will be ready right now.
Speaker 4: Yes, dude, what did it mean for you to be the youngest receiver to a mass of thousand yards. I think it was eight days before Calvin Johnson.
Speaker 3: It was cool.
Speaker 4: I mean, I mean, that's a that's a that's just cool.
Speaker 9: That's awesome, right, I mean Covin's I'll be one of the best ever played. So for me, like being in you know, playing for the Lions, everything you do is compared to Covin, which is it's great, but it's also tough.
Speaker 3: Like he's the best, one of the best to ever do it.
Speaker 9: So it's an honor to be, you know, even considered, you know, being the same conversation as him. But he did it for so long and I feel like, I mean, I see a pictures on Twitter of him when he was playing the Saints. It's him on the goal line with literally two dbs on him. You don't see that anymore anywhere. Like that just shows you how, you know, how dominant he was. So just to you know, being, like I said, in the same conversation as him is an honor.
Speaker 3: But I gotta keep going. Man, he was he was a he was a beast.
Speaker 4: What receivers do you keep your eye on now? Like in your in your brain, who's like the top three?
Speaker 9: You're not gonna get me on the top three. I'm not going to give you no Top three, but guys I like to watch, polished guys that I like to I watch a bunch of guys, honestly, I mean, I can go down the list.
Speaker 3: We do a top three guys like to watch Top three guys I like to watch.
Speaker 9: We can do that.
Speaker 4: Like top three guys.
Speaker 3: It's not my top three, by the way, but the guys I like to watch.
Speaker 9: Davante Adams, love watching him. I'm gonna go Keenan Allen last one. Let's just go. I'm gonna go Justin Jeffson. He's in our division. We play him twice a year. We watched we play the same team, so we get to see on film, you know, a lot of the stuff that they do. And he's a lot on the tape a lot, So he's a he's nice.
Speaker 4: Just top three top three receivers.
Speaker 3: I'm saying things, Jamar Chase is overrated. Correct?
Speaker 4: What fun question? We have one more minute?
Speaker 3: Should we do a segment? Should we do shout it Up for Shadow real quick?
Speaker 4: Or we holding that there is a twisted question, twisted question that SUREM was thinking of. We interrupt this episode to bring you Twisted Tea with the Twisted Question. A refreshing, hard iced team made with real brew tea and five percent alcohol, full of flavor and very refreshing. Twisted tea goes down smooth. There is no carbonation, which makes it easy to drink all day long. Twisted Tea feels fun and celebrates extreme fandom on game day. It is the perfect alcohol or beverage four game day, whether tailgating in the parking lot, watching at a bar, or watching with friends at home, Twisted Tea is there to turn up your game. They keep it twisted with the boys and go grab a refreshing twisted tea today. Twisted question it was, Are you familiar with the was American Ninja Warrior? American Ninja Warrior?
Speaker 1: All right, say.
Speaker 4: You need to get through the course and tap the button on the other side to save the world. Who in the locker room would you trust the most to accomplish the American Ninja Warrior obstacle course?
Speaker 1: Oh, to save the world.
Speaker 3: It's a great question, Trium, Do I know what kind of obstacles are? Like?
Speaker 1: The main speed?
Speaker 3: Is that stuff matter?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you have to be fast?
Speaker 4: I think so, Like it's a jungle gym out there. I was gonna balance speed. I don't think would. I think we're all dead.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 4: You got you gotta climb, you got balance, jumping, timing.
Speaker 3: Let me hold on Aiden Hutchinson. But he's white.
Speaker 4: He trust a white guy.
Speaker 3: You can't trust a white guy. But with the fate of the sport, there's no shot.
Speaker 4: Khalif Raymond might have a shot.
Speaker 3: Oh, Khalif he is bro the ramp and he is shorter.
Speaker 4: He's fast though, he's got a little spring to him. He's got a little explosiveness to him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well this is not.
Speaker 4: It could be you.
Speaker 9: Besides, Khalif is great, but you already said that. I'm gonna go someone else.
Speaker 3: Can do. David Montgomery. Yeah, absolutely, Yes, that's great that he's still like a running back career player in nca A fourteen.
Speaker 4: Sneaky picking fantasy too for everybody listening, beast, does he catch a lot of balls? You don't need to. You can run the rock with them on.
Speaker 3: The if you're playing PPR league.
Speaker 4: I had him last year.
Speaker 9: He was nice going, he's going crazy.
Speaker 3: Yes, after a week one of the season last year, I was dealt with him. I had him over. He was he was point five. What do you catch it?
Speaker 1: David?
Speaker 3: I need him? Yeah one?
Speaker 9: Why need him to catch it?
Speaker 3: Because that's what I bet on? Oh you're betting? Yeah, we don't do that. I'm talking about that, but I'm bringing this.
Speaker 4: Do you play fantasy?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: I do not.
Speaker 3: You can play. You can play fantasy. I don't play though. Okay, I'm sorry that Michigan stuff really bothered you. Huh about that Michigan stuff. It's all right, dude, go blue and we appreciate you so much for coming on love senior success. Appreciate it amazing.
Speaker 4: Check those dmsawn podcast there, yep, you guys a matter of fact of the game September twenty first, Yeah, Taylor, you should go on the same Brown pod that week after.
Speaker 3: If you guys want to talk, we can talk. Absolutely. You sure, come correct? You better come correct? What are you talking about? I have the twenty twenty four National champs on my back.
Speaker 9: You are the the team last year? Are you part? Were you part of the team?
Speaker 3: No, but I am.
Speaker 9: I was just wondering, would yo, would you win at the USC?
Speaker 1: What do we win? Well?
Speaker 3: Yeah, did you guys have Okay? I was just wondering. I know that's for sure. Ready just got us back to Yeah great. I mean you guys in two thousands, for real, that's the team to go to. But it's the twenties. It's fine. I don't want to do this. I think that you don't want to do We don't want to do this like Michigan. I'll see you on your podcast the week.
Speaker 9: September twenty first is Saturday that week, three days after that, the twenty fourth, We'll see you all right, Okay, there we go.
Speaker 4: We got one done right before you leave. Top three locker room guys in Detroit.
Speaker 3: Locker room guys.
Speaker 4: What like locker room vibes? Who you get it when after practice, before whatever, you're excited to.
Speaker 3: Go in the lockerwoy man Graham Glassow is awesome. He's got a touch at the table. It was awesome.
Speaker 9: I'm going Jamar Jefferson Okay, I love my running backs, but he's gonna im gonna take Jamar Jefferson. Who's Khalif Raymond?
Speaker 11: Mmm?
Speaker 9: Who else is next to me?
Speaker 3: Vibes? Kirby Joseph I love it.
Speaker 4: Friendships just got divided. If the boys listen to.
Speaker 3: This pod no question. We appreciate you coming on enjoy Camp. You're the man. Thank you. Are we rolling right now? Some people might not know you for is that you're a fan of Beer Games Championship with the World.
Speaker 5: I heard yeah, yeah, Well, as soon as I heard my teammate Graham Glasgow was participating, I had to I had to check you in this. See how it went.
Speaker 3: I heard you want to a bid for twenty twenty five?
Speaker 4: Are you in?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 5: I have to check my calendar.
Speaker 4: You don't know the date, so there's no Hey. But it's smart that he says, check the calendar.
Speaker 5: That happened, and if if I'm off and I have time, I'd like a bid.
Speaker 3: Yeah. How do you think you'd fare in this that type of situation? Not great?
Speaker 5: I'm an okay beer drinker. I'm not like a like an all star, but I'd have fun. I died like a good teammates. Let me let me and Graham show up. We might do some damage.
Speaker 4: You definitely should get an olignement, right they all They all performed very well.
Speaker 5: I'm good at flip cup. I can do beer pong like the chugging thing I'd get but I'd do it.
Speaker 3: But I get smoked.
Speaker 4: What do you think you could put how fast you think you can put down? Thirty two? Thirty six O six?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I saw you guys doing that. Uh what'd you do in like five six seconds?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, uh yeah, I probably I don't know, twelve to fifteen, twenty seconds, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm in the same category. You're in the same tier. Yeah, thirteen thirteen.
Speaker 3: Honestly, hearing this like lack of confidence. I don't think you're smoking him because you get better every year.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 5: You look like the type of guy who can just like kind of open your throat and that thing.
Speaker 3: Just just let it rite to your stomach. Yes. Absolutely, it's It's been a gift my whole entire life. There you go, there you go. It's been a special good for you. Yeah. It was fun when and when Graham texted me and said that you were you were interested in doing it. I looked at my phone. I was so excited, and then I didn't text him back at all. Wow, And so he actually just called me out of it after practice today.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's sensitive. He's a sensitive boy. He's very sensitive.
Speaker 1: He is.
Speaker 3: But the best part about Graham is He's consistently himself.
Speaker 5: Through every situation thousand percent doesn't change. He's one of my favorite teammates of all time?
Speaker 3: Is you really?
Speaker 5: And don't tell I said that, but yeah, he's one of my favorite team.
Speaker 3: If you were to give me off the top of your head, not putting a whole lot of thought too it. So we have an insurance policy, what would be your top three teammates of all time?
Speaker 5: Of all time?
Speaker 3: Because you've had You've had some good teammates.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm gonna lean towards like the funniest guys I've been around. In Graham's one of them. Graham's one of them probably, uh Like Taevon Austin used to kill me. I was with him for a couple of years in La Shoot favorite. I mean, that's hard.
Speaker 4: Lot of friends.
Speaker 5: I know, Tavon was funny as hell. I love tay Wan, so I'll put him as a two or three. And then you know, David Montgomery makes me laugh a lot here.
Speaker 4: Yeahs are on the team.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's hilarious. He's funny, but like very subtle humor and really funny.
Speaker 4: Yeah, should we ask him? When we asked uh An a The Talk no about uh coach Campbell. Yeah, sure, he's such a beloved character. Everybody is a beloved or beloved beloved. Everybody loves him any clip.
Speaker 3: You see.
Speaker 4: He's a football guy through and through. We asked, what is your biggest pet peeve with him?
Speaker 5: Oh gosh, you know, I'll just I'll tow the company line here, just how consistent he is.
Speaker 4: The meetings. He'll get long winded Paul's and take a break for like a minute, Yeah, three minutes a long.
Speaker 5: Sure, that's a good answer. That's a better answer that I gave. He's just so dank consistent. He's hard to keep up with. You know, we're not going to get anything out of him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no doubt. That is tough. That's a great, perpleically correct answer. Yeah, it's true.
Speaker 5: But yeah, I wish I had something better.
Speaker 3: What I want to I definitely want to dive into, like obviously la coming here and then the playoff game you guys had, but like starting with the fan bases, Yeah, what is the biggest difference you know this from like this Midwest fan base compared to that West Coast fan base.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's it's entirely different. Obviously, you played at Michigan, so you have a little bit of a feel for it. Like the people around here just live, breathe, die football. And in LA there's a lot of things to do that aren't football, and whether it's other sports or the beach or you know, going to dinner, a million things. But around here, man, it's football. And we got the whole state is Lions fans in California. Obviously there's a bunch of teams, so it's entirely different. It's a lot of fun to play for me.
Speaker 4: Do what was the ride like when you guys are bringing that division title here?
Speaker 3: Fun?
Speaker 5: Fun, really fun. It really started in like twenty twenty two when we were able to like kind of turn it around a little bit. We had that Thanksgiving game at home against the Bills. It's kind of when I first saw the stadium kind of flip and like, oh, this is what it could be like if we kept winning and kept making plays. And we did through that year and then obviously last year. It's been insane. It's been so fun. The stadium has got to be one of a lot of the stadiums in the league now and how much they care and how much they bring it it's fun.
Speaker 4: It felt like basically everybody was rooting for you guys, especially when you won the division town you saw the stadium's reaction. Yeah, I feel like everybody else around the country was buying into the Lions.
Speaker 5: Yeah, dude, it felt good. I wouldn't have known until the off season. I had a lot of people being like, hey man, my team was out of it. So for you guys, all right, thanks, but yeah, our fans deserve it.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 5: They've been through a lot here and we were able to give them a little slice of joy last year. And we weren't able to finish it off like we wanted to. But it was a it was a fun ride.
Speaker 3: They mean to the playing the Rams in the playoffs, first meeting Stafford's coming back. He's getting booed in the building. It's essentially it's to get back game for both of you guys. Because everyone who goes place for a team, they leave go somewhere else. Ben Jones is always the guy who comes to mind. He played for the Texans, came to the Titans, and every time we played the Texans it just meant a little bit more like what was that weak like for you? Leading up to that with everything on the line.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 5: It was certainly there was emotions with it, and that was the battle for me, was to kind of fight those and focus on what was important and winning the game. And that became easy really when I just thought about like what that game meant to this city, kind of what we had just talked about in these fans. Like, sure it was important for me and there was a lot of storylines for myself, but he's got you know around here that we haven't won a playoff game in thirty something years. It was so much bigger than me, and that was easy for me to focus on that instead and take a lot of the you know, uh pressure or whatever off off of my performance in the game and just go out there and play.
Speaker 4: Does that kind of happen like once you just kind of completely first pass and get into it. It did, because I would assume it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, pregame was weird and like like the channing and like all that. There was like a lot of stuff going on and like, you know, I've seen a lot of my former teammates and a lot of my good friends, former coaches, and you know you're gonna see them, but like until you see them and have those moments you're like, all right, I gotta go through that and see these guys. And but yeah, once the first snap and through the first completion, it was it was all go from there.
Speaker 3: What was the feeling like being traded in the situation, I mean, you took the ramps to the Super Bowl, you guys had a lot of success and then they're essentially the lines are giving up Stafford and they're they're taking you. How is what was your like thought process going with it? Was there a morning process at all?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: There was, It was. It was certainly a shock at first. You know, there wasn't much conversation Ad with me, and I've I've told this story one hundred times, but I there was. There was just no true communication. And there's been a lot of a lot of talk since then, which has mended some of that, but there wasn't much communication. So it came as a shock. And then you know, as soon as as soon as I talked to Brad and Dan, which was that night, it flipped very quickly into like, Wow, what an opportunity I have here to be on the ground floor of something so special and something that could be you know what we hope to build this into which a super Bowl champ and we feel like we've had some success and done a lot of that. But the opportunity piece that quickly came in after talking to those guys, Uh, completely changed my mentality.
Speaker 4: You know, I was just gonna say, it always sucks when you you you finally taste like the teeth of the business. So it almost does a matter what level, Like you're you were a high paid quarterback for LA, they were bought into you, like even being a lower tier guy not getting re signed by your team. There's always like, once you taste it or you get cut and you rise, how much of a business it is and how much lack of conversation actually happened kind of like you're kind of like shunned by it.
Speaker 5: I think it's made me U less naive, you know. I think I think when I was younger, like it was like, oh, they love me. You know, we signed the extension. You know, here we go, we're going to be together for fifteen years. And everyone thinks that right, and and you know eventually that that changes. And I think it's a lot of my perspective to be much better on what it is and the relationships are important and you and it is family and you love your guys. But the end of the day, you do know that there are powers that be that will do what is in their in their minds best for the team.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: With one thing I've noticed being at this facility and during practice, a lot of people are saying super Bowl, super Bowl, super Bowl, and usually a team that has a success successful, what you did, it's all. But like everyone's kind of afraid to say you want to win a championship? What makes it so easy in this building to make it so, like freely said, because a lot of time we tasted it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know, I know, you mean we tasted it last year. I think last year, before we had won our first playoff game in thirty years, there was like, hey, we need to get into the playoffs and win the playoff game, which was absolutely the goal last year and it's still the goal now. But I think with that being said, we we do know we are capable of more, you know, and we'll be extremely disappointed if we're unable to accomplish either of those goals. But it is win the division, getting the dance, win a playoff game, you know, certainly control your home destiny and then and then win a Super Bowl. And we're not afraid to say that, like you said, And I think it's because you know, we did taste it last year.
Speaker 1: We were right there.
Speaker 5: We had we had played a good game against San Francisco. They played just a little bit better, and we're able to beat us.
Speaker 3: Let's just say, hypothetically speaking, you guys haven't tasted the playoffs for thirty years. Last year, Let's say you get in the first round of the playoffs and you guys won the division, but you lose the first round of the plaoffs. Are you still say, hey, successful season like we've last year, key off of our back? Yeah, no, you're not thinking.
Speaker 5: That, gosh, No, No, it was winning a playoff game.
Speaker 3: Winning a playoff game.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: They had been to the playoffs here in the last I don't know how many years when it was the last time, but since I've been here, we hadn't been. But we it was winning a playoff game, and sure we were able to get that monkey of our back. But once we, you know, won that first playoff game, it was like, let's go win Super Bowl and that was our goal for those next following three weeks and we came up short, and and so then the last six months has been let's go win a super Bowl?
Speaker 4: Would you uh? Would you cut your dig off for a super Bowl?
Speaker 5: Man? Hard hitting question, you know, I I know that's what very weel said he would do. I'd like to I'd like to think that I have enough ability to do it without doing that. I have the belief in myself that I don't have to do that. So I'm gonna say no because I'm going to do it without having to do that.
Speaker 4: Well said, Well said, how about a pinky toe?
Speaker 5: Oh, I don't know if I'd be able I want to be able to play after that, like get a super Bowl? No, because again, like I got my pinky toe, I can I can win. I can win a few more.
Speaker 4: Yeah, modern medicine technology.
Speaker 5: Sew back on if you tell I can sew it back on? Can I sew it back on?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 5: All right now, I keep playing and I'll go hopefully win more.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 4: Those are my questions.
Speaker 3: That's all you have, That's all I have.
Speaker 5: I'm sewing the pinky to get you're selling the yeah, not not the other deal.
Speaker 4: We interrupt this episode to bring you Duke Cannon. This shout Out no Free shout Out segment is sponsored by the Boys of Duke Cannon. It is the off season that means it's time to elevate your game by working harder and smelling better with our boys from Duke Cannon. Throw away your old body washing deodorant because you smell like a JV locker room. Upgrade to Duke Cannon for a varsity level grooming routine. Duke Cannon since our elite and their products are made for hard working dudes. As always, the boys have a special code just for the Tier ones. Use code Tier one that's t I e R in the number one on Duke Cannon dot com for fifteen percent off your first order Duke Cannon. Work Harder, Smell better here shout out no free shout outs with shared goff.
Speaker 3: I don't know how familiar with Bustle Boys, but we have segments and a segment is called shout Out no Free shout out, And usually it's just like the simple pleasures in life, like, uh, you know, someone brought up a good one the other day. I was like at school and it's the cold water fountain, right, that's a shout out, no free shot out. But we're gonna a littlere specific because we are training camp, so I want to hear shout out no free shout outs to like little pleasures of training camp. We can go first, break the ice a little bit.
Speaker 5: But I wanted you to I thought about it today. Did you really sorry if I'm this and this is so on the nose for busting with the boys, But like the downtime, the in between meetings, like coaches are watching film, we're down, we're either eating lunch, or we're just doing nothing, just hanging like with the boys. And I know it's like so on the nose, but like today, earlier we had it, you know, a half hour to kill in the quarterback room, just kind of hanging talking chat and doing nothing, and that those are the best times.
Speaker 3: I think you can't beat camaraderie.
Speaker 5: Can't beat it, and this is when it's built. And I do think Dan is aware of that and knows we have downtime and hopes we're building that camaraderie.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say, when you get a surprise, uh, practice off the entire team, like you do the morning cracks in they cancel walks through in the afternoon.
Speaker 5: We have yet to have that. And I'm not just started.
Speaker 4: You guys just started. Oh You've yet to have it.
Speaker 5: Since since I've been a Lion. So I don't think that that's in the cards for us.
Speaker 4: But just know that players love players do love it when you practice in the morning and then they cancel walks through in the afternoon. Just for anybody Coach Campbell listening.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that is a hell of a one. I have two and I hate to be an attention horror. One is one is rookie antics in the sense that like you get into the dog days of camp and then in the morning you and a veteran kind of hit a rookie with, hey, I heard today's movie day, I can't I'm just gonna be canceled, and then you kind of just plant that seed and then slowly but surely, during like wall the team meetings taking place before practice, there becomes like a hey, you hear someone will come to if you hear them, I have a movie today, and just watching that rumor spread, knowing good and well, that's not gonna happen, but you kind of just ruined the team's entire practice. That is fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I enjoyed like ruining stuff this morning.
Speaker 3: You were start a fun joke. It's a fun joke. You were a start a fight on purpose to try to get practice canceled. No joint practice, yeah, personally joint practice. There's been a couple of you kind of a couple of pushing shoves and you're just hoping that things get so out of hand that they're like.
Speaker 4: We're done.
Speaker 3: We're guys in the weight room get a pump and you're like, yeah, that's really gonna hurt my feelings a pump right now. My other shout out is cloud coverage. Yeah, we've had time you get outside and it's eight dog days, you're in the high eighties, and then all of a sudden, clouds just start rolling through and that you have a nice breeze during practice, Like that is a godsend.
Speaker 5: We've had two of those in a row now and it's been we don't we're not counting on them.
Speaker 3: There.
Speaker 5: This heat's coming, the humidity is coming. But we've had two good ones.
Speaker 3: The weather that's today nice, perfect, kind of spoiled.
Speaker 4: The first cold water on a hot day.
Speaker 3: I love how we're just doing the little luxuries.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's keep it going. What's that the salt?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I think it's a fun prank that kind of lives and I'm a nasty boy. But when you're at a Taylor's.
Speaker 4: We were at breakfast today and Taylor like unscrewed the salt to leave it for over the next person was But not for any of the boys, like any of the friends. It was just for whoever was going to show up next to in our chafter No, No, that would have.
Speaker 3: Been funny too. Yeah, that would have seen your laughing.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, because you're around training camp, like you're around the fellas, but we're talking just you know, another family.
Speaker 5: Oh no, that's not good.
Speaker 3: No, you framed it.
Speaker 5: No, if you it's funny if you're just doing it funny. If you're just doing it like to leave some chaos behind you, that's not cool. Well if you're doing it for your buddy, yeah, that's great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's how we were explaining it. No, you guys are right, but it reminded me because it's like the same same thing.
Speaker 3: I almost say it to you at lunch.
Speaker 4: With what though the catch up could have.
Speaker 3: Been that JP and I are in the corner kind of talking about the salt thing, and then everyone was so angry. I thought, it's just gonna ruin everything.
Speaker 4: Shout don't know if your shout out. When you get a small enough injury that you know it's not that bad, but you get to miss a day of practice.
Speaker 5: Hey is that not I've never had one of those, but yeah, I can see I can.
Speaker 4: See that being where the jersey get to wear the jersey.
Speaker 3: I can see that being up your alley though. Yeah, shout out. No ifree shout out, Coach pulling you to the side and being like, we're gonna temple a couple of reps for you today.
Speaker 4: Shoutow if we shout out, you're in the preseason game, you think you're playing, and coach like, hey, take your that's.
Speaker 3: The best one.
Speaker 4: That is the best, like a surprise way, Yes.
Speaker 3: That's a good one. God, dude, shout out if we shout out. When you're done playing in a preseason game and the boys have the pads up and you're eating the seeds and you have the best seats in the.
Speaker 4: House, but you kind of have to sneak it because you don't want to disrespect what's happening out there.
Speaker 3: No, you're just you're chat with the boys and you're watching the bucket hat on the guys.
Speaker 4: For sure, I'm with you.
Speaker 3: When that guy comes, you just gotta get a little more vertical. You're fine.
Speaker 5: The home preseason game at one o'clock is a good one. Yes, the home we have one of those this year. I think it's the last one. That's the good one.
Speaker 4: Hot Dogs at halftime, yeahs the bulls. You're not hot dog guys.
Speaker 5: I mean I don't want to, you know, I like Dozzi. I'm not trying to be disrespectful like all the guys.
Speaker 4: That's why you go in the equipment halftime. You go back to you some hot Yeah, you're hiding it and.
Speaker 3: It's gone, Yeah, were you doing that?
Speaker 4: What do you mean.
Speaker 3: You're you're about to know?
Speaker 1: No, on on hang.
Speaker 4: I want to know what he means by the question. He could be meaning like, did you get off time during your preseason game? Is that what you meant?
Speaker 1: Motherfucker did? No?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I had a couple.
Speaker 1: Of years there.
Speaker 4: Well I didn't get in some preseason games.
Speaker 5: Now, kid, I do like the hot dogs. Yeah, the Quopman guys hook you up it's nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, Hey, why col h Well, I grew up in the Bay.
Speaker 4: Did nobody else offer you?
Speaker 5: I only had three offers. It was Cal, it was Fresno State and Boise State at four in Washington State and uh both my parents went to Cal, so I grew up a Cal fan. And yeah, I was kind of the only option I had that was good academics, I guess.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's way I put it.
Speaker 4: Were you like a small link, your kid that just didn't have this?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah I was.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 5: I was like shit, I was like one hundred and eighty five pounds, played as a true freshman there and was like so skinny.
Speaker 4: Ye, great place. Berkeley is awesome.
Speaker 1: Is cool?
Speaker 4: Never been gorgeous out there?
Speaker 3: Man. Been Golden Bears, Yeah, there you go, extinct acc cow Bears.
Speaker 4: They're in the a.
Speaker 3: CC now, Yeah, are they really trying to play Miami in North Carolina?
Speaker 4: That kind of sucks, right.
Speaker 3: It's a lot of flying. It's a lot of flying. It's a lot of flying. Tough you guys.
Speaker 5: You guys just get to stick in the big ten and just keep them rolling off all these other guys.
Speaker 3: A the move when you run the country, brother, you do what you want. Speaking up, you're in a state that's very divided from a college standpoint. Who do you side with Michigan State? Michigan?
Speaker 5: Yeah No, and that was not just because you're sitting here. Yeah, and I it's just because where I live in nearby here, it's a lot of a lot of Michigan alum. Yeah, and so I don't. I really don't know many Michigan State alum personally.
Speaker 3: There's not a whole bunch of them. Will be honest with you.
Speaker 5: They don't, they don't graduate.
Speaker 4: Have you usually drop out?
Speaker 5: You got a relationship with Eminem I've I've I've met him once here at practice and then saw him at the draft night and that's about it. But yeah, he's been great to me.
Speaker 4: You're more of a kid rock guy kid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Kid's great. No, kid's great. I don't have it.
Speaker 5: I've uh I have a similar relationship with both of them. I've chatted a couple.
Speaker 1: Of uh No.
Speaker 4: Have you listened to the new album Ivan them?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think it's a good I like it.
Speaker 3: I think it's called Bad Bad One. Yeah, bad one, Yeah that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a good one. Yeah, solid one.
Speaker 3: Real quick that skit you did with those uh simming pro kids.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're getting the fingers. Just say we get this one. We'll get this one off. Yeah we get this.
Speaker 3: We're good, Yeah, we get this one. How hard was it for you to buy into that and not just tell everybody that they was some professional football player?
Speaker 5: Yeah, dude, it was crazy, Like they the whole week they had set cameras there to try to like tell them they were on like some sort of last chance of you, I guess, And so it was it was their fake cameras. So then when I showed up, it wasn't like all of a sudden there was cameras and yeah, I get there and and I thought, to be honest, I thought like it was gonna get sniffed out quicker. But I had a bunch of like stuff on my face. And a couple of kids did like kind of figure it out pretty quickly, but most of them didn't. And and the best was messing around with the quarterbacks because that's kind of like the comments that I was giving them as comments I've received, are you the punter? Like are you?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: You know, that's why they brought me here, like from like transfers or whatnot, and so it was really easy to act out because it was all stuff I've kind of experienced and it was funny, it was it was good.
Speaker 3: It was an elite. It was an elite. You did a good job. Thank you did it.
Speaker 9: Very nice.
Speaker 3: We appreciate you coming on. I know we're getting thank you, we're getting the.
Speaker 4: Finger, we're getting the finger. Just let you know you are on the radar to make to make the team this year.
Speaker 3: Thank you. Appreciate that. At the end of the ya, thank you, thank you. Yeah, it's fun.
Speaker 4: The White Team. Bless't with the boys. Subscribe