Speaker 1: Big Fox Entertainment presents The Rick Butcher's Show with Speedy Greg Butchers, Haddie van Adler, and Rick Butchers.
Speaker 2: Hey, I see Stevens County, Indian Football. Baby, they're ready to go. Columbus, Georgia. Hello America, it's the Rick Burgers Show. I didn't know it was National Golf Cart Day. Laurel, Mississippi, Madison, Tennessee there go, I see you, Jonesborough, Arckey Song riskin Packaging, Taplin, Alabama. Home with it tires with the Grahams, Georgia. Ready go your fast walk your counties in. I see you, Jasper. How about Tim Conways there in Demopolis, Mazda Toyota plant in Huntsville, the body shop ready to go. Hard working men and women saying, come on birds, let's go. Get mad at the gang is all here. Hello Deetsville, Rome, Georgia. Somebody say to the radio, to your phone, or to your computer, to your TV, say hey, I'm ready to go.
Speaker 3: For the solar panel factory in Huntsville, Alabama, Paris, Alabama, Greg Uranus, the planet is ready.
Speaker 2: Oh Greg, we're really doing well here. The State Women's Prison. You think they're not fire high incarcerated women, Springville, Tennessee. What a woman nursing her baby that's probably ready to go.
Speaker 3: Good furted women raising that baby right, raising that baby right.
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: Sure, enjoying the show. We're having breakfast.
Speaker 5: Yes, incarcerated women and nursing women love this show number one.
Speaker 2: With them absolutely. So here we are. It's another week coming to an end. We've got it.
Speaker 3: What's going on? Can you still hear it? You ever tried to take them and turn them all the way in?
Speaker 2: You can't?
Speaker 3: But yeah, ever tried to turn to angus off? It's hard, quietly, but here we are at the weekend.
Speaker 2: Dads, Hello, Hello, Hey, dad's hey dads, Hello, Happy Father's Day. Week that is this weekend, Yeah, it's And.
Speaker 6: This man right here, I just want to let you know I have done a study on him the last twenty four hours. What and he's something else? He is something else?
Speaker 2: Do you think I don't know that?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 6: Yeah, but I'm just saying.
Speaker 2: I won't try fifty eight.
Speaker 6: Years with just him being in the loop and he's on the same text thread or he's in the same meetings, but yet he acts like he don't know anything.
Speaker 2: Not if I'm in the meeting Greg, Buddy, what meeting exactly? Yeah.
Speaker 3: So but those of you that don't know, it's brilliant, Yes, Speedy, Speedy had to spend what we call Greg Bonus time yesterday, you get your Greg normal time. Yeah, but but then you get Greg Bonus Kyle. They had to go somewhere together every time. I cannot wait to hear we.
Speaker 6: Had a time together. And but it's just funny.
Speaker 8: Rick.
Speaker 6: The follow up conversations information, but I can't look at the phone WI things like things like that. He just is, He's like, what what are you talking about? I'm like, I'm like, buddy, you were on the same text thread. What do you mean? What am I talking about?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 6: Man, I don't And then he comes starts coming up with things like you know his once he enters his home, it he doesn't have service or something.
Speaker 2: I don't know my phone down. I don't go look at it. Let me chang right, But you got I'm not walking around with the phone. That's not what I do either. If you were in the SEC Championship game, we tried to want.
Speaker 6: This is this is how he gets out of it. He goes overboard on on like we're doing something wrong. You know, you need to back off. My gosh, it's funny. We'll talk about it. But I came in this morning recapping some things.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 3: One thing, let me tell you this. The more you're around Greg, the more you pray for Lisa.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I understand, I really do. Maybe she wants a husband don't stare at his phone all day to.
Speaker 6: See and that's that's what he does, though he goes. He goes overboard, like I'm staring at my phone all day.
Speaker 2: No, I just got a message. All I did is get a message. Greg.
Speaker 3: There's obsession with the phone, and those people exist. Then there's people that should look at their phone more. Yeah, yeah, and then there's those that kind of have the right balance in between. Right, just had this for communication, and we always get better.
Speaker 5: I'll set a timer so that I don't you go go too far one way or the other. I'll set like a one hour timer, set my phone down, whatever, play with the kids, or you know, just whatever, and then that way I'm not staring at it. But that way I'm not like missing something important.
Speaker 2: I catch up. If I'm in a doctor's office in the waiting room, yeah, thank you, I've got nothing to do. So we don't put your phone out of every other person in there.
Speaker 3: So if we want you to respond to the things we need to know, we need to hope that you have a check up.
Speaker 2: Yes, Okay, that was odd, you bet No, You're right. Adler's talking about the right balance.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 3: If you're sitting around just scrolling through Instagram and scrolling on social media, that's one thing. And what I notice is that, and I can find that even in my own house.
Speaker 2: The the I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't keep my You're always got your phone with you. I have my phone with me so people can communicate with me. That's really the only reason. Of course, I've never found anything on Instagram or out on social media that was overly intriguing. There's a few videos you go with that was kind of cool, yeah, but mostly I have it with me so when people need me, they can actually find me. Yeah, that's really it.
Speaker 2: I do that. But then a lot of times, say, I turned the ringer off while I'm here on the show, and I forget to turn it back on that.
Speaker 6: I did ask you done that, I did ask him, I said, do you do you have notifications on? Like when you get a text message. Does your phone say, hey, you got to miss Howes. That's my favorite too, is that he has it to where it makes a noise and doesn't like vibrate or something.
Speaker 2: You know. Yeah, now, so when it's turned down, that don't help.
Speaker 3: Now I will say this. I will say this. You do have to be careful for those who overtext. Oh yeah, you do. You do have to be careful with that text. Text should pretty much revolve around something extremely funny that we're all doing one liners on because we know how important that is our information that I need.
Speaker 2: But what you know, what what if because this happens on funny stuff? What if I that's funny? Do I have to physically say that's funny? Can I just look at it?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 3: I don't do that a lot. I don't require that of anybody. Okay, good, so I'll go, Man, that's funny. But I wanted to go, that's funny, y Miley face whatever. You know why I don't, So you just got to you know why. I don't require that because it's just it is a just a very fertile ground for emojis. And if you start demanding response from people, you're gonna eventually get emojis.
Speaker 2: And that's why I'm saying there's no need to respond, you know how, I'm both emphasize and all that. I don't even know what that one means. I don't even I don't even know where you go on your phone to do that. These are all valid points, but this is not what I'm talking. I know. No, No, he looks, I know what you Yeah, just left.
Speaker 6: And what's funny is is that we're doing an event together. Greg and I are co m seeing it and and uh and the organizer behind it. That's kind of the communicator with us. We've been We've been on a text thread together for a month. He has never responded.
Speaker 2: No, he is never to me.
Speaker 6: I looked at him yesterday and I said, you know, I you can respond. I don't have to be the so much like you respond the liaison between the two of them. You know, it's like you can respond.
Speaker 2: Well, I think that's less confusing, right, Yeah, you.
Speaker 10: Can.
Speaker 6: You can jump in any now, and you know, help me, help me if I please help me.
Speaker 2: I know you're gonna be on your phone and you'll you'll do it for a month. I mean, I know you're always gonna be on your.
Speaker 8: Phone this week.
Speaker 3: Let me stay with that. That's there's a time frame in the day. Okay, then you if you need greg, you better use that time frame if it gets if it gets past that time frame, I honestly about this. Honestly, you might as well be.
Speaker 6: Looking for big Foot, right, I'll start work on the Okay, that's just so good. I'm not asking you when you turn one thousand pounds, sisters on to have your phone in your hand.
Speaker 2: Because I mean, you got priorities.
Speaker 3: You know, the box seats coming up later, Burgess ball battle coming up later, and we got a lot to uncover.
Speaker 2: Should we take on.
Speaker 3: This horrible crash yesterday? This one person, that's.
Speaker 2: One person on the plane or in the building, because you know a lot of people got killed. The Mills.
Speaker 3: I think he was on the plane. They showed, they showed their plane ticket and everything.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show, blood casting from the real world, the Rick Burger's Show.
Speaker 10: Of America.
Speaker 2: So much to do, so much to unpack, so many updates. So we thank you for being with us today. If you are catching this edition of The Rick Bergers Show, whether it be live or archives, and you are someone you love needs a step in tub versus the old traditional where you're having to step over into the tub, which, let's face it, at some point in life that becomes an obstacle. But not anymore.
Speaker 3: With this wonderful, wonderful company out of Tennessee Safe Step Walk in Tubs. They can transform any bathtub from an area of concern to a calming refuge. Call them today and I do want you to mention our show. You mentioned our show, You're gonna get sixteen hundred dollars off the number one, eight hundred nine five six, twelve twenty. Now you can also talk to them about some of the other bells and whistles they have, like you know for soothing your aching muscles and joints, increasing your mobility, boosting your energy, and proving your sleep. Also, we got a free shower package that they're going to include. That's on top of getting sixteen hundred dollars off. And listen, no hassle. Rick is here for you. They can usually get the work done in one day. Okay, you needed to hear that I did, so go to rickburgessshow dot com under sponsors. There you'll see the link to Safe Step Walk in Tubs or you can call the number that I've already given you one eight hundred nine five six twelve twenty for a free, no obligation consultation. They'll tell you how they can take care of this and save you a lot of money at the same time. Okay, so we mentioned let's get some headlines done as the show was rolled, and we mentioned as the show started yesterday about the air flight that was leaving India going to London. This was a Boeing seven eighty seven, the first time they've had a catastrophe with the Dreamliner. Never had one go down, but this one did. All kind Now here's where you got to be careful. When you're dealing with social media and treating it like a new source. You got to be careful because people will put up pictures that have been altered. You got to watch some of these false narratives. But from what we can gather, it seems that we have two hundred and forty one fatalities on the plane and that's not counting the building. And we have one survivor. Now back to what I just said when this thing first broke, that there's one survivor. I had to know how he survived. Was he on the plane or was in the building.
Speaker 6: It's the plane, Yeah, I got I got seat number and everything.
Speaker 2: You could see the tail end of the plane. Yeah, kind of laying on top of the building. Maybe he was way back there, yeah maybe, but one thing.
Speaker 11: See, but he's in the front.
Speaker 6: He's eleven A. He was on the emergency exit.
Speaker 2: But they're looking at is that him? That's him. He's not even hurt. Well, he's hurt.
Speaker 3: Well, he's walking, but he get but he's in the hospital right now, in stable conditions. They expect him to recover. It doesn't injuries. Yeah, but he's walking. That's unbelievable. I got news for it. He needs to set down. He's got he something, His brothers to be here for something. Maybe maybe he's got the cure to cancer or something. But unless, of course, Adler, he he's going to find I have to find some way, of course, to beat big Pharma.
Speaker 2: But let me let me say this talk about survivor's guilt.
Speaker 3: But now listen, the first thing that hit social media was that he jumped out of the plane.
Speaker 2: Somehow.
Speaker 3: He was sitting on the row, one of the exit rows, and he got out of the plane. That's I find that hard to believe, but you remember that was the first narrative that got out that he jumped from the plane, like onto a building or something.
Speaker 6: I see what happened. I see why people are saying that. In his in what he's saying, I see why people are thinking he jumped because he exited so quickly after it crashed. But his brother was sitting beside him, and unfortunately he didn't make it, but he was on the eleven a next to it, an emergency exit, like we talked about. He said, and I quote, thirty seconds after takeoff, there was a loud noise and then the plane crashed.
Speaker 2: That's what he says. That's right.
Speaker 6: He said.
Speaker 2: It all happened so quickly.
Speaker 6: He said that when I got up, there were bodies all around me, and I'm sorry, I had just what he said. He said, I was scared. I stood up and I ran. That's probably why people think it because he was so quick.
Speaker 2: He said.
Speaker 6: There were pieces of the plane all around me, and somebody just somebody just grabbed me and put me in an ambulance and brought me to the hospital. Unfortunately, the building they hit and everything else, it looks like fifty.
Speaker 2: Died on the ground.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, how he had two and forty one of the forty two and forty two, like Rick said, passed away, him being the one survivor.
Speaker 3: Well, you're on and this is what added to the jumping, and the jumping could have been. He jumped so quick, like you said, after it came to a ram out because his his seat was next to an emergency exit.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, it was on that.
Speaker 2: And what I heard is his brother was actually they were separated, that the brother wasn't next to him, he was somewhere else on the plane.
Speaker 6: Which here it says he's he was sitting next to him.
Speaker 2: Okay, but in the article, but you know heard I heard that his brother wasn't that he would they could, they didn't get to sit together on the plane, and we saw that qualifier. Yeah. How in the world, no, he he guys.
Speaker 3: When you are there these these kind of yeah, these kind of crashes usually have zero survivors. The fact that someone survived this is unbelievable.
Speaker 2: He's it, he's only one.
Speaker 12: I have.
Speaker 6: I have just what is it, seventeen seconds of audio here? Uh the plane. Now, this is what they're claiming the plane that was on a previous flight. Uh, there was a recording of a passenger talking about how nothing was working.
Speaker 3: I saw that said the air condition went working, Yeah, and entertainment thing wasn't working.
Speaker 2: And this is him here. You're almost about the text. See but this AC is not to work.
Speaker 13: And as usual here TV screens are also not to working neither. This were calling to Kevin. The thing's working. Nothing's working, not even the lad that's looking so.
Speaker 2: The light, the light, the air electronics were working. Nothing was working. I don't claim to be a expert on plane maintenance, but you would think when that baby got on the ground, you go, we're having or maybe they go that happens a lot and it's not a big deal. I don't know. Maybe sometimes they lose. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And by the way, the thing about social media, and it's just heartbreaking the pictures that people are pulling out now where people were taking selfies. You're like it that stopped before this one where they were, you know, and all these.
Speaker 2: People were on this trip and you just hate it. And you see little families and things like that. It's just it's horrible. You can see the footage of the plane is like he's trying to so trying.
Speaker 3: So Hall can't wow. So we'll find out more. But there's the update. And as I said, the focus of the update is the loan survivor what a what incredible story.
Speaker 2: So that's out there.
Speaker 3: Of course, we're up against the break, so we won't But also Israel has decided they will not let Iran Iran continue their nuclear program.
Speaker 14: Uh.
Speaker 2: They struck facilities.
Speaker 3: As a lot of you know, their time, it was in the middle of the night, like wee hours of the morning.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 2: For most of us in America, it was you know, before you went to bed. This started last night, around the time you were going to bed, and so that did take place. Trump said that he was aware of it beforehand. There were no surprises. They were all working together on this. He knew this was coming.
Speaker 15: Uh.
Speaker 2: And we'll unpack that. We'll unpack that a little bit too, uh when we get back. But that that has happened, and Israel is bracing for Iran's response.
Speaker 14: Uh.
Speaker 2: They all the citizens got a warning, you know, stay stay where you are, getting near a bomb shelter.
Speaker 3: So they're expecting some sort of response. They feel like they can knock most of it down. But even last time some of them still got through. Uh, they can minimize it, but they can't stop every single.
Speaker 2: Thing if you if you put up the way they coordinate them. So you know there's still some danger there. But there you go. So those are the two.
Speaker 3: Big stories from from yesterday as far as headlines, and we'll unpack the Israel Iran thing a little more when we get back.
Speaker 2: So stay close to.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 3: I know, I know you're out there right now and you're thinking to yourself, I've missed Father's Day.
Speaker 2: I missed it. I don't have my dad anything.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go out and try to get some card that I'm sure he's gonna be thrilled with. Uh, why don't you just a moment right now and don't scramble. We got you forget the last minute, you know, Go grab a grill gadget won't even be the brand he likes.
Speaker 2: Do not grab a coffee mug. He has the ones he loves, but he really wants is something that speaks to who he is.
Speaker 3: How about this In a world that just continues to just malk masculinity, traditional values, fatherhood, he needs a place that still has his back and that's Blaze TV. It's where unapologetic conservative voices call out the nonsense, stand up for its right faith.
Speaker 2: Family first, how about freedom. Here's the code you need.
Speaker 3: You can grab a Father's Day special thirty dollars off the annual subscription.
Speaker 2: Give the gift to Blaze TV to your dad. Use the code Dad Dad thirty this week only. It's fast, it's easy, you don't have to wrap. It actually means something.
Speaker 3: So if you're still giftless, this is your moment to win for Father's Day. Think of it as peace of mind. Think of it as firepower for his convictions. So skip the predictiontable. Gift this Father's Day. Give him something that actually matters. Go to BlazeTV dot com slash Rick and use the code Dad thirty. Grab the deal and remind him he's not alone.
Speaker 1: Simply outworking the competition. The Rick Burgess.
Speaker 2: Show, America, thank you for being with us again today right now, updating you on a few big east that have happened in the world. So we've updated you the latest on the plane crash from California Text Nation. Uh fellas, is it possible that this one survivor is unbreakable? Remember that movie.
Speaker 3: It is it's it's uh, that's this is all gonna be an interesting story as all this unfolds. It is, uh, that is quite the feat to survive a crash like that, the Loan survivor that movie Unbreakable.
Speaker 2: That's a good movie. You didn't see it coming.
Speaker 3: You're cant of like wowness to Israel net Yahoo, we have him. He basically informs the nation and the world that the strikes were either underway have taken place on Iran, and here he is.
Speaker 16: Moments ago, Israel launched Operation Rising Lion, a targeted military operation to roll back the Uranian threat to Israel's very survival. This operation will continue for as many days as it takes to remove this threat. For decades, the tyrants of Tehran have brazenly openly called for Israel's destruction. They've backed up their genocidal rhetoric with a program to develop nuclear weapons. In recent years, Iran has produced enough highly enriched uranium for nine Adam bombs. Nine In recent months, Iran has taken steps that it has never taken before to weaponize this enriched uranium, and if not stopped, Iran could produce a nuclear weapon in a very short time. It could be a year, it could be within a few months, less than a year. This is a clear and present danger to Israel's very survival. Eighty years ago, the Jewish people were the victims of a holocaust perpetrated by the Nazi regime. Today the Jewish state refuses to be a victim of a nuclear holocaust perpetrated by the Iranian regime.
Speaker 3: I understood they just can't be trusted with this, which also elections really matter. I will never understand the Democrats and their approach to Iran. I thought of all the things that they do that I disagree with and don't understand that's as big as it gets.
Speaker 14: This.
Speaker 3: Somehow you appease the Iranians by helping them, giving them financial aid and giving them access to money that we were holding because we thought it could be used for ad in trusting them that they would not use it to continue their nuclear capability. I've never understood the foolishness of that. So a lot of this has has been corrected. And of course Israel now knows that they have an ally in the United States, and so Trump said he was informed. Now Speedy said that we also Roan has responded with about one hundred drones. But it so far looks like that Israel was able to protect itself from all of those.
Speaker 2: But those will continue.
Speaker 17: Uh.
Speaker 3: And then of course this was some intelligence seems to show that Aroan's defense mechanism was compromised for a period of time that would protect these facilities and it was down. And of course Israel's you know that their their ability to get the information. They have the best intelligence in the world. Uh, and they got that. Hey it's down right now. If we ever want to take a shot at these facilities, this is the time to do it before they get it repaired.
Speaker 2: And so so that's what they did. Yeah.
Speaker 6: And in addition to the facilities, they went after individuals as well, and they were able to kill the commander in chief of the of the Iranian Army as well as three of the country's top generals and a and ah an an individual attack on Yeah.
Speaker 2: So so there you go. Yeah, so there's the update.
Speaker 3: Of course, Iran will continue to respond and as NETANYAHUO clearly said that, then Israel will continue to do whatever it needs to do, uh in order to uh to protect itself. So there's your update on that. And we'll see how that escalates. You know, you you forget and I noticed when they when all this news started overnight, you forget that Israel is currently at war and has been for over six hundred days.
Speaker 2: That's right. So so this.
Speaker 6: Is all you know that and last night when all this was breaking, you know, you hear all the talking heads and former military uh you know, professionals talking about how Iran never really fights there on war outside their their their their borders.
Speaker 2: You know, they have.
Speaker 6: Hamas, hasbla hooti's and all this and and there is a concern and not to scare everybody, but for the last four years, our border has been wide open. Over ten million people have walked through. Nobody knows who anybody is, and and they have pockets of of you know, I guess bad doers that could be in the US and other countries, London and every way. So everybody is heightened their their security and their awareness because you don't know how Iran is going to respond.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a new word, bad doer. That's bad. That's what I heard. That's what I like. Bad doers. I've never used like passersbys about a lot of bad bad doers. They do bad.
Speaker 3: What they said, Yeah, well evil into him. Well that's a cousin though, but yeah, bad doer. I mean that, that's just straightforward as you get just what I'm here to do bad?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I remember the old all the old superhero you know you doing a bad due.
Speaker 12: Evil doers beware?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah always yes. Uh.
Speaker 3: Throwing this in just because it's it's headlines in cel TeX's nation talking about it that Antonio Brown is wanted for an alleged attempted murder after an incident at a boxing event.
Speaker 2: Uh that that here's the story, speed, He's got it laid out here. People are texting about it, asking if we see it. Yes, we do.
Speaker 3: Here it is said he attempted murder with a gun. Uh, and they're they're calling it didn't want to box? Yeah, so uh he's he's now under house arrest.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: Well, he just can't get it together, can't he. There's a ten thousand dollars bond. Did you guys did you know that? Before today? I'd never heard that.
Speaker 2: He's got all kinds of stuff getting paid. He just can't do it, and he is a bad doer.
Speaker 5: It was at a celebrity they stopped doing bad it was at a celebrity boxing event last month.
Speaker 11: About it, Well, there was a video.
Speaker 5: Of the scuffle, but I didn't really get in too much into it. But now it's become clear that well, it's now alleged that Brown punched a man at the celebrity boxing event, grabbed a security guard's gun, fired two shots as he ran towards the man, crazy the man's neck. What you can't do that. They don't like it when you do that.
Speaker 2: No, that's bad doing. There's no doubt about it.
Speaker 11: That's a bad doer.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: Also from the text line Strange Encounters the podcast, all of you were talking about speaking even tell me about your son. Hearing conversations about it. Everywhere Someone's saying, what is the email? I had a story I wanted to send as well. Well, you could send it to any email, but normally with those, we keep it over in the Rich at Burgessministries dot com just so I can keep them all separated, Rick at Burgessministries dot com. If you have those, and when I've gotten so many of those, I'm trying to make a file of them and we will we will not have a new one this weekend. You can go catch up on the four that are there. We will have a new one, Lord Willing next weekend and even have a guest coming in that I think you'll be very interested in. So thank you for all your feedback we're getting on that, and like I said, I'm with you. I hear people talking yeah and getting a lot of response on that.
Speaker 2: Obviously, it's a it is.
Speaker 3: An important it can be a very dangerous topic, but we're trying to make sure that it is something that's presented in the right way, not just trying to get clicks and then hoping you'll go out and make some bad decisions. Our obsession with the supernatural is probably more dangerous than good. However, to ignore it and be uneducated on it is also equally bad. So that's kind of where we're landing with this podcast. And thank you for the feedback you're giving us, and also thank you for the things you're sending some of the encounters that you have had and experienced. Those are helpful for us, and we'll help you any way we can to try to give you as much advice as we can, but always from the only source that would matter, and that is the Bible.
Speaker 2: All right, We'll be back. We got a lot to cover.
Speaker 3: We've kind of updated you on here's the state of the world, and then we'll jump into other things involving all of us.
Speaker 2: Here on the program.
Speaker 3: Speedy and Greg had a trip together yesterday. We get an update on that. We got a Burgess Paul battle coming up. Hey, Burge and your phone calls all still ahead.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. Looted with caffeine and ready for another hour. This is the Rick Bridges Show.
Speaker 2: Thank you America for being with us today. So just kind of doing a little housework this weekend.
Speaker 3: The only new edition of our various podcasts and original content on our YouTube channel, the only one that has an update this weekend is the ongoing episodes of Rick and Bubba's Greatest Hits in Radio Gold. Those thirty one years of the Rick and Bubba Show, wonderful years, great time, Very grateful for them and remember them. Finally, as we're so grateful that you do and you get the Greatest Hits podcast an hour's worth and Adler has put that together for you for the last twenty one weeks and this is probably episode twenty two, I think this week him. So if you're going to be, you know, going to see Dad for Father's Day this weekend. You know, we have all kinds of content that's on demand that you can enjoy, including the greatest hits in Radio Gold of thirty one years of Rick and Bubba, a new edition out this weekend. Find that wherever you get podcasts, so Strange Encounters, Tales from the Camp House, all of that. No new episodes, but go get caught up maybe on the things you miss. There is a new archive for Wednesday Bible study from the Book of Job that's there. And of course you have the daily archives of the Rick Burgers show that we have every single day, so you can always get caught up on that either on the YouTube channel or the podcast channel. So Father's Day coming up this weekend, so here it comes, y'all take care of Dad. And I had someone and I thought this was an interesting question. This comes from Eric. He says, hey, Bird, do the men make the Father's Day weekend plans for the family or does the man lay low and let the wife and kids make plans?
Speaker 2: Must be a new dad. It's supposed to go the latter, that they should they should be handling it. But because of Dad's world.
Speaker 3: We usually end up involved in our own plans, right, and I would rather that not be the case. But sometimes if you don't watch out, it could become chaotic and you don't want that necessary. Well, I will just be completely transparent.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: We we have come out of the gate, you know this year, you know, working on a new show, a new podcast, well, two new podcasts, original series for the YouTube channel, a new book. It's been We're running hard, I mean, and it's good. I'm glad, and I prefer I don't prefer to be run down, you know. And I but I certainly don't want to you'll be sitting around being sedentary. I just there was a time in my life I could do that and probably did that too much, and I just don't. I just don't have I can't do that anymore. I want to be doing something. And so we've done a lot. So I just I was so straightforward.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: Sherry came to me and she said, okay, this has been a couple of weeks ago. Are you thinking big production? And I said, let me just stop you right there. I am I am anti big production this year.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love everybody, Hey, love everybody, Hope all all the family, Well, let's all let's all just kind of break down in smaller groups. Y'all don't have to do some big production, because I know that if a big and I'm fine with this that if we do some sayt say we decided to let's get everybody, let's all go to the farm, Well that means I'm gonna have to get down there and get everything ready.
Speaker 2: I'm hard to clean stuff up.
Speaker 3: We got to do all that and uh and plus then you've got that on top of you trying to get it all done, you know. I And I was like, I just honestly, seriously, there's no greater gift I could be given this weekend than for it to be incredibly low key. I'm talking about nothing more than whatever kids get home, get home, the others shoot me a text.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 3: Uh And let's have a very reasonable, easy meal. I mean, And what's gonna happen to me is I've got one kid that'll get home tomorrow. Uh and I'll just simply have dinner with he and his wife, and then another kid is coming in also and uh and and he's going to stay the weekend. I'll get to get I'll go to church with him, we'll have a reasonable lunch and then he'll head on back and and I'm that that's that's plenty for me. I just so sometimes in your attempt to make Father's Day too big a production. So I would I would. I would tell this new dad it's too late for him. I mean, it's Friday. I would. I would have just got my message to my wife and kids like I did. Let's keep it low key, because if you're not careful, you can sometimes the greatest thing you can do for dad just leave him alone. Uhm, No, drama, don't don't don't that, don't need him to do anything. Just just a drama free day is number one thing.
Speaker 2: Like it.
Speaker 5: I was trying to get my Father's Day plans figured out yesterday and Aaron, my wife is trying to orchestrate getting the kids around her dad. Also, I'm orchestrating getting the kids around my dad. So uh, I said to Aaron, you know, it's it's it's your day, so you you know, you do what you think is right for you. And that got a good kick, That got a good laugh. Okay, But at the end of the day, I am having I'm gonna play drums in church. I'm going to two lunches. I'm going to two lunches.
Speaker 2: That's feeling kind of like.
Speaker 5: And then Aaron says after that, she goes, so, what is there anything you want to do after that?
Speaker 11: And I go, no, no, thank you.
Speaker 5: It's the anniversary of Predator today, so this is yesterday. I would love for us to sit down and watch Predator and talk about Predator. That's really all I would like to do. And I'll i'll we never door dash, let's door dash. You know, sometimes sometimes nothing is better than any you know. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm doing my favorite doing nothing. My favorite meal is coming tomorrow. What simple grilled hamburgers. Yeah, Sherry's famous slaw and and and just uh and she'll follow that with a key line, Pip, we're going grill burgers too, don't you love that?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 2: Yes, that's just that the pie come on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then and then after church on on Sunday.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 2: On purpose.
Speaker 3: I've been avoiding salmon for I've been offered salmon everywhere I've gone.
Speaker 2: All this travels I've been going on. For some reason, everyody's trying to serve me salmon and uh and so, but I love sherry salmon. So I've saved all salmon for this one salmon moment, and it is a great meal. I just get a little burned on salmon. But I would like I'm constantly salmon.
Speaker 11: It's not salmon.
Speaker 2: Why does everybody want to give me salmon? I don't know why.
Speaker 11: I would like to know Sherry's uh slaw.
Speaker 5: Oh, it's good set up, and I would like to know her salmon set up, but no.
Speaker 3: Pressure piece of skin on her saw. Her slaw is actually Nana's slaw. I'll be careful if you let it sit today because it'll it'll get It'll get.
Speaker 2: Yeah, real spy, that's what I'm talking about. So uh, it's good.
Speaker 3: For some reason. I don't know why. Trainers, Shawn, I'm sorry. I just love to have a grilled hamburger. I love to have the purple onion. I love to I'll take the slaw and put it on the burger and have a and then I like something just over here is just some basic chips, and I want to have that French dip pate and I'll run my burger in that French dip.
Speaker 2: If you don't watch.
Speaker 11: Is French dip healthy.
Speaker 6: No, No, it's not Father's Day weekend.
Speaker 3: You're gonna have a hard time finding anything that's that. The last name is dip. Yes, you're gonna have a hard time making it work on the health plant. But it's Father's Day weekend, So I'm not gonna work. No, I'm trying. I'm trying to do that thing that you can't do, and I know it's stupid. I'm trying to work out like a ton this week. But that rick that doesn't that's not gonna you can't outwork bad eating. I don't what are you doing? But I'm trying to make myself feel better about that. What's your favorite chip to dip in that? Honestly, I don't want to tell you. I like Wavy Lanes. Yeah, I'm not surprised you to here. Fridos aren't bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, haven't gone there? Fantastic, right, yeah, regular, because if if I say it, Greg will do some one. I like those cape Cod chips.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, they're good.
Speaker 2: They're good chips, but they're not great hippie chips. Yeah. Physically no, physically, your hands get on that. I like the way they taste. They're a great chill. Yeah, I wish it was name something. Yeah, we all do. It's a place, Greg, it's a place.
Speaker 8: They are good.
Speaker 2: Chip, it's gotta like house on it. Yeah, it's just a place. Yeah, yeah, kettle good.
Speaker 1: I love thettle. This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 4: Welcome to the Ricks Birch Show. Broadcasting from the real world with Speedy Gregg Addlering, Rick Burgess.
Speaker 2: Book up from there, Guts time pull the show.
Speaker 4: You're ready, Let's go America, talk about Welcome to the Big Bird Just shows go.
Speaker 12: Casting from the.
Speaker 2: Reel cast together.
Speaker 4: It's Speedy Bread Addler and Rick Burges. Book up from there.
Speaker 12: Guts time pull the show.
Speaker 2: Here's our number eight eight eight, the number six big Vox. You can text us on the same number. Hello to the text Nation, Hello to the tubers, Welcome to the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 3: Hello to everyone listening on the Rick Burgess Radio Network. Uh and also hello to everybody that are catching us.
Speaker 2: On the tune in Apple of the show. Are you are a podcast our guide listener, whatever the case may be, We're glad you're here and we do have a lot still to go.
Speaker 3: Burgess Ball Battles coming your way. Bit later on we'll see if the wheel will send somebody home with cash.
Speaker 2: Greg, what are you talking about over there? Good?
Speaker 3: Gracious, I'm coming out of the break and look, look of course Mike was Look where his microphone was. He had it pushed down on the counter, and look he's over going. You know, you know what he's doing.
Speaker 6: He was reading things, but instead of to himself, he was reading it out loud.
Speaker 2: Are you that guy that reads reads out like normally? No? Okay, I was then, yeah, you sure were normally not but normally not normally normally I carry it. I do down woodpile Adler.
Speaker 3: Since you've got me chasing recipes for you don't want Keelan pie two?
Speaker 5: Uh sure, Okay, the others I'm more interested.
Speaker 2: Okay, turn his mic off. He's got a nasty mail, Craig, Greg. No, you look, if he gets anything, he gets anything. Yeah, it's like a predator since you left, since you love the movie Predator. But you know how if a predator just smells blood, I mean it's like here he goes before you know what, Greg will start doing that role yea death roll. Yeah, I don't recall anything like that.
Speaker 5: I don't think I cussed in the tales from camp House.
Speaker 2: No, they didn't say that you swore.
Speaker 3: They said that you said something that sounded like that you were using the Lord's name, not in.
Speaker 2: A customer you know.
Speaker 3: You know sometimes if you just say the name of God just like you instead of oh goodness, you say, you know, it may be something like that.
Speaker 11: And I don't say goll lee. I'll say goll lee.
Speaker 2: Somebody has a problem with that and they needed. Well, sometimes you can want.
Speaker 3: I mean, there's always different degrees of of this kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: But I don't recall anything.
Speaker 5: I'll say gosh, I'll say gosh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I.
Speaker 18: Don't.
Speaker 5: I don't make a practice of saying that. So if I did, but I don't think I heard anything like that, I don't.
Speaker 2: They said it was on tails from the camp house. I don't recall you did.
Speaker 19: I don't think I did.
Speaker 2: Explained it my brody put on their foul language.
Speaker 6: Maybe yeah, yees, yeah, that's me when Gary scared me.
Speaker 2: So i'm.
Speaker 5: You did cuss, Now you did, but we beaped it.
Speaker 6: Yes, but you have those markers where you think you're doing better until something like that happened.
Speaker 2: I got some ways.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, I thought I've told you for I thought I had ridden myself of so many words until I got that shot in my heel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then I was like, well so I'm still there. Yeah yeah, it's so.
Speaker 11: Uh shot in the heel?
Speaker 5: No, thank you?
Speaker 2: How about this. I would rather limp for a week than have that shot again.
Speaker 3: Like I say, like you, like you talked about Greg before, back before they had the is it what was it called the is it p s A test?
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, back before that when it was always the finger. Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: And like you said, you start out and you think you're okay, then he does that Eskimo same.
Speaker 2: They do the same thing with them.
Speaker 3: They come in, You're like, I'm good, I'm good, and they turned right to get on that nerve.
Speaker 2: Come home.
Speaker 3: So I was pentecostal that day. Oh boy, uh so Speedy and Greg, Oh my goodness, calm down, Adler Adler at Rick Burgess show dot com, please do not send that to my So we have you and baby brother Greg Speedy. Y'all, y'all had a trip yesterday because this is your second year, right yeah? Yeah, second year is MCS for this outstanding event. Let me tell you this organization and we and we and I've had the honor of speaking at their fundraisers in the past, very familiar what they do. This is I'm telling you, this is one of the best organizations that that we've.
Speaker 2: Ever dealt with.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because what they do and to see it in action is incredible.
Speaker 2: It really is.
Speaker 3: And Andy, now why why?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 2: I thank you both of them. Sorry, that's wrong with that.
Speaker 5: There's nothing wrong with it. There's nothing wrong with that. If I was opposing like that, y'all would make fun of.
Speaker 6: Meah, for those of you have no idea what we're talking about. We're standing in front of a rainbow Omega sign uh at a welcoming center and administrative offices behind them behind us, and we just stood there at the sign. They're going to use that on social media and stuff because we are honored to be m seeing for the second year in a row Nashville to Birmingham, which is a fundraiser for them. Stories behind the songs of some of the you know, with some of the songwriters that if you made ay songs that you you don't maybe know they written.
Speaker 2: That's right, you won't recognize their name, but you'll recognize their song right and last year. I didn't know what to expect and it was extremely entertaining.
Speaker 6: It's I got.
Speaker 2: Stories that go with it, and they get to interact and then they're super talented goodness and.
Speaker 6: It all benefits Rainbow Omega which is a community for adults with intellectual disabilities located in east of Boga, Alabama. And that was on the way home for you, which if those of you don't know where that is, that's right around the Talaga super Speedway where a lot of you come into Alabama for But anyway, we went to the campus yesterday and tour it really is. It's really kind of you were brought up because you had been there, but we had not. We had hosted this event, but we had actually not been there. And uh miss Farley, Katilla Farley, uh doctor Farley's wife.
Speaker 2: Their their daughter Katie.
Speaker 6: Is a residence there and and so she hosted and character Tim Hodge, who is the chief executive aulcer officer, he gave us a tour.
Speaker 2: It was fun. They did it right. And like I say, you think of a facility for this situation, well it's not. It's a campus. It's a campus. It's multiple buildings. Yes, housing's really nice. And they work. Yeah, and it's really it's it is a special place. It really is. I got to tell you this.
Speaker 6: We we we went into their uh I guess what do you call it? Their their their work center or their warehouse there where they where they rick. They do so many things. So like when you get your owner Owner's manual when you buy a car, and in that little packet in the glove compartment you have everything in there from the owner's manual to different things. Well for Honda, they put those together, the owner manual packets, they have, yeah, grease fittings and spicing tubes for water meters, conveyor belt cartridges. They do all that and it is unbelievable. But we were able to walk uh walk through and see a lot of that.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna tell you something. You get a blessing when you go in the residents when they say a new person coming, Hey, they are the most friendly. And yeah, I mean we had all it was fantastic. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And the thing that I loved about it and you guys are echoing it again, this is an organization that says, look, there are people in our society that may have disabilities, and they may have some challenges.
Speaker 2: That does not mean they cannot contribute to society. No, they can.
Speaker 3: And how healthy it is for these men and women to get up every day, go to a job, produce these products from big time companies, have their own place where they stay, people are there if.
Speaker 2: They need them. Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: But they live as independently as they possibly possibly can, and they're treated like they are a not not a drag on society, but they're actually a contribution to society. And and and what that does for these individuals and for these families, I can't even you can't put it into words. It is a first class organization and the work they are doing is.
Speaker 2: Incredible, It really is. It was so funny.
Speaker 6: But like, so we walk in and and they you know, to the work facility, and and and uh, they said, hey, look when you walk in, they're going to know who you are and what's going on. So we walk in there, and I guess, you know, speedy is just easy to remember, Hey I'm speedy. Well then they all started giving Greg a nickname since I was speedy, he was slow poke. Yeah, yes, and guys, we got to laughing with some of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 6: It was so they were so sweet and it was so cool, and but they do all kinds of things rig like they've got you know they uh what they they are like into horticulture, greenhouses and they got you know, moms and ferns and point settters and and everything, and it's just really kind of cool and and it's also neat to see the residence homes and how they all live together and stuff, and some of them it's kind of funny hearing the stories because they'll actually go home to their home and visit and they're like, Okay, I'm ready to get back because they just they're just thriving. There is so awesome.
Speaker 3: It's the dignity and respect, yes, that that everyone should get. Yes, and it is in a texture. Just put that in. You're exactly right.
Speaker 6: Look at this garden and gift shop. The that's pretty cool. We were able to to walk through there and see them. Blueberry Hill is right behind them, right behind the garden center there in the gift shop.
Speaker 2: But we just we we man. We went around and we.
Speaker 6: Got to see the Rainbow Omega Community Center, which they call the Rock. It's got like an event room that you can you know, reserve. They got a fitness room, my arts and crafts room. Guys, I'm telling you this campus is unbelievable. It was really kind of cool to be there.
Speaker 2: But no, y'all, they kept taking Hey, slow Pope, slow Poe. That took home. They loved. Oh man, it was it was an honor to be there. In tim we were blessed.
Speaker 11: Thank you for having us.
Speaker 2: That was awesome.
Speaker 3: Nashville to Birmingham. The fundraiser for this incredible organization is coming August the eighth. It'll be in Birmingham, Alabama at the Finnick Uh and we'll get all those details on our website under events and you can make plans to be there and have a great night and help an incredible community.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgish Show. He was told good luck finding a job that would pay him to be the class clone we budges.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, so there you go. Thank you for being with US America and we got a lot to do still ahead, Burgess Ball battle coming your way.
Speaker 2: Evler, I would.
Speaker 12: Like to go to four.
Speaker 3: A, four A here in this segment. Thank you sir for the videos today and Speedy for the stories and we're working through those already, so as we work our way back, though, I do want to point you to you know, I don't like hassles. I am an anti hassleite, which makes life tough on me sometimes. But let's say that have you ended up with a situation where you need to sell your house fast or a house fast. If you've been in that situation, company's moving you. You inherited something. This here, here, here is the no housele people called sell my house fast.
Speaker 2: You're gonna love these people. They'll take care of it. Twenty five years they've been doing this.
Speaker 3: They have successfully so new houses, old houses, abandoned houses, all types of houses at a fair price, and they close fast and you don't have to deal with, you know, a real estate agent and commissions.
Speaker 2: There. Google has on five star reviewed by the thousand, so go check that out.
Speaker 3: And they'll even clean up the house. They'll move things that need to be moved. They'll take care of the situation. Okay, So call one eight hundred seven three four five four one eight hundred and seventy three four five to four. Their information and phone number, the one I just gave you can be found by going to Rick Burgess Show dot com under sponsors. Let the wonderful people that sell my house fast take care of this and you can quit worrying about it now. Speaking of things that have people a little anxious, the streets continue to be filled with protesters that are protesting, which is interesting. Protesting US removing people that are in our country illegally and securing the border. This is something that seems to have upset people on the left to the point that they're trying to burn the streets, loot stores. I don't know what that has to do with a closed border and deporting people, but you know it is an attempt for there to be anarchy and chaos. Not in Florida. Have I loved this speech. I heard it yesterday. This is a Florida sheriff and I want you just to listen. And this is what I love about the South. We're straightforward. You know exactly where we stand here. He is talking to all who want to misbehave in Florida.
Speaker 20: You're gonna love this, So I'm gonna break it down for you, all right. And if somebody wants to know what I mean by turn violent, all right, this is what I mean. If you resist loft lorders, you're going to jail. Let me be very clear about that. If you block an intersection or a roadway in Brevard County, you are going to jail. If you flee arrest, you're gonna go to jail tired, because we are going to run you down and put you in jail. If you try to mob rule a car in Brevard County, gathering around it, refusing to let the driver leave in our county, you're most likely gonna get run over and dragged across the street.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 20: If you spit on us, you're going to the hospital and in jail. If you hit one of us, you're going to the hospital and jail and most likely get bitten by one of our big, beautiful dogs that we have here.
Speaker 2: If throw a.
Speaker 20: Brick, a fire bomb, or point a gun at one of our deputies, we will be notifying your family where to collect your remains at Oh Wow, because we will kill you graveyard dead. We're not going to play. This has got to stop. You're watching what's taking place out there. You're seeing police officers that are being attacked, being spit on, being being put in harm's way just for doing their jobs. You're seeing ice agents that are being targeted for doing their jobs, and you're seeing obstructionists that are doing all of this standing in the way of law and order.
Speaker 2: And there we go, Hello, Florida, that's the sheriff you wanted you county, right, and you know this is the hey, hey, hey folks, if you want to act up, here are the consequences, and he gave you the categories. Oh he broke it down. What's going to happen to you?
Speaker 3: So if you're having to go pick up your loved one down at the morgue, apparently he or she did those things. Pointed a gun or I love the one. If you run from us, you would just be tired when you go to jail. That's if you spin on us, you'll go to the hospital ding jail of course than the bad one.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, you don't want to do that.
Speaker 3: And only only business, only small town South. We used the term graveyard dead. Yeah, yeah, that's true because we really want you to understand what you mean. It's like a new level. Yeah, it's another.
Speaker 2: So really, throw a brick.
Speaker 5: I thought that was interesting that he said if you throw a brick, he didn't say rock, he said bricks.
Speaker 11: So maybe there's some kind of technical.
Speaker 5: You know if you that that is deadly forced, you know, throwing a brick to the police officer, which, yeah, you can kill somebody with a brick.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, you saw you saw some of the La roots.
Speaker 6: Uh you know that video where what they're doing is they're they're even breaking up the curbs and putting them in backpacks. Good then going up up top to maybe an overpass or some type of bridge and throwing them down. And you do from that height, man, it's hitting the police cars, you see where they had to abandon their police cars and get up under the overpass.
Speaker 2: Governor Desant just doubles down. In four B.
Speaker 3: He says he is going to talk to all Floridians about a green light involving a situation of being blocked. Here's Governor DeSantis.
Speaker 15: And we also have a policy that if you're driving on one of those streets and a mob comes and surrounds your vehicle and threatens you, you have a right to flee for your safety.
Speaker 2: And so if you.
Speaker 15: Drive off and you hit one of these people, that's their fault for impinging on you. You don't have to sit there and just be a sitting duck and let the mob grab you out of your car and drag you through the streets.
Speaker 2: You have a right to defend yourself in Florida.
Speaker 3: So if people are trying to pull you out of your car or tear up your car, run over them.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Look, don't stand in the way a car.
Speaker 2: If you don't want to be run over, then don't come over attacking my vehicle and try to attack me or my family, even if it's If you do that, you're going to be run over.
Speaker 5: Yeah, walk car is stronger in you. I don't know why people think they can push a car backwards, right, You can't.
Speaker 3: Because you can keep from being run over by continuing to peacefully protest.
Speaker 6: That's right.
Speaker 3: When you go and start tearing up people's property and look like you're trying to harm them, then if you get run over, that's just because you're stupid.
Speaker 11: Yes, protest that's on. Rioting are different things.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Being a violent mob harming random citizens is different than protests. That's not the same.
Speaker 21: Same.
Speaker 3: When we come back unscreened phone calls, the first one of the day eight eight eight, the number six big Vox eight eight eight six two four four eight six nine America.
Speaker 2: If you want to speak. All ten lines are open and we will chat with you as we wrote, unscreened phone calls right after this.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. Okay, are you ready to bring something to the table?
Speaker 2: Cool?
Speaker 1: No, and get on the show. What he has six people? Fucks?
Speaker 2: Yep, Let's go on on screen phone calls America.
Speaker 12: Doll it up the uh.
Speaker 3: The lines are open and it's your turn. You can comment on what you've already heard. Didn't have to be today, it could be at any moment. Let's get started. Hello, Hello, and welcome to unscreen phone calls. This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 22: Go ahead, Hey, good morning, Rick. Hey, Hey, all these anarchists and all these leftists out there every barn and stuff and doing all the things. I remember back when all the b l M and then TIFA crap was going on. I live in murpers Well, Tennessee, and these people started coming out of Nashville, are coming into murpers Brow and stuff. Well, the people in my neighborhood we all got together, and I mean we had Blacks, we have Asians, we have every kind of ethnic group you can think of. We we told people point blank, come into our neighborhood. We're ready for you. We will shoot you. We are armed and we we don't want to do that, sure, but we are now going to allow this chaos in our community and Murphy's Borough pretty much.
Speaker 19: And guess what, they didn't show up.
Speaker 2: No, you're right.
Speaker 22: You go to places where they know they can get.
Speaker 3: By with this one hundred percent correct. You you you hit on it with Murphy's Burrow. Remember b l M started threatening that they were going into Suburbia until they discovered that Suburbia.
Speaker 2: Was armed and ready. Uh and and they left it alone.
Speaker 3: It's a it's we talked about this a thousand times, even over the Rick and Bubby years.
Speaker 2: A predator is looking for.
Speaker 6: The the the easiest.
Speaker 3: Path to destruction where they cannot be killed or injured. If they think they can be killed or injured, and if that starts to look like that, that's likely, they don't fool with it. And that's the only way you can stop them. Everything else they see is weakness in an opportunity. That's right, sad but true.
Speaker 2: We continue Rick Burgership unscreen phone calls.
Speaker 23: Go ahead, Hey, good morning, gentlemen, Hey buddy, Hey, did you guys see the NBC affiliate in Birmingham's little thing that they put on a couple of days ago.
Speaker 24: I think it was two or three days ago, where the somebody had organized an ice hotline that that people could call in if they've seen ice mobilizing, and they would get that message out to people, you know that, Hey, ice is over here, Ice is over there.
Speaker 21: Didn't know if you guys saw that.
Speaker 2: I didn't know. I sure didn't.
Speaker 3: That doesn't surprise me that there's people doing that, But I did not see that known. Uh, well, of course you know you could, couldn't you somehow? If you're helping and abating someone breaking the law, couldn't you be pulled into being have some responsibility and all that that.
Speaker 6: You would think?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: We continue, Uh, welcome to the Rick Burgers Show. Unscreen phone calls.
Speaker 21: Go ahead, Hey, that's a great show.
Speaker 2: Thank you man.
Speaker 14: Uh, Michael Moore has never been photographed.
Speaker 8: Rosie o'donald?
Speaker 2: Could it be? That's good? We continue, unscreen phone calls. This is the Rick Birders Show.
Speaker 6: Go ahead, Hey, good over to Rick.
Speaker 25: Hey.
Speaker 10: I tried.
Speaker 22: I had tacos last night and I put that SFT shell in the toaster.
Speaker 2: How'd you go?
Speaker 8: I will not have a soft shell.
Speaker 12: Any other way.
Speaker 2: It worked, It works smoothly nice. I thought he was gonna say, yeah.
Speaker 19: Oh it's delicious, and they don't catch on fire.
Speaker 3: Rick, You'll be all right, okay, good, I'm gonna try it that that.
Speaker 2: Excites me.
Speaker 5: Or just put it in the frying pan. It'll it'll crisp up real nice in a frying pan.
Speaker 3: But what about what about when he gets in that little former you can drop all the meating it though.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 11: I love that it stands up on its own.
Speaker 3: That is all right, So let's uh, let's go to you, sir or ma'am Unscreen phone calls, This is the Rick Burgers Show.
Speaker 2: Hey tell us, how y'all doing this?
Speaker 8: We're good?
Speaker 2: Hope you're all right?
Speaker 9: Yes, sir, how you I was gonna see what was going on with old Dickey Nadbay.
Speaker 26: I ain't heard from him a little while.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, Bama, he didn't like the way a day was done. Uh you know, he just thought that was just a glorified practice. Uh. And so you.
Speaker 3: Know, he doesn't have a lot really to talk about, I guess, but I'll tell you when we hit the fall. If Bama shows a little promise or not. Either way, we'll hear from him. You can count on that.
Speaker 27: Uh, yeah, I'm I'm I'm sure I'm not the only one looking forward to that.
Speaker 26: I'm I'm sure that would be a take of a review right there.
Speaker 3: Can you imagine what if some of these protesters stood stood in front of the of the nadmire r V.
Speaker 2: How do you think that's gonna go.
Speaker 21: I don't think it was a little too great for them.
Speaker 2: You're right.
Speaker 3: We continue. Uh, this is the Rick Burgers show. Unscreen phone calls.
Speaker 18: Go ahead, Hey, brothers, it's Serge.
Speaker 2: Hey.
Speaker 19: Sorry, Yeah, So I need to give a I feel like I need to appallo to Andy because after hearing his story yesterday, I feel.
Speaker 8: Like I'm partially responsible.
Speaker 3: Look, Andy finds his way into awkward situations. Andy is a person that's living in a world that's awkward and that's hard on secondhand embarrassment people.
Speaker 2: Speedy knows. Uh, you know, this world is awkward.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 3: If you go out into society, it's impossible not to be in socially awkward situations. They're everywhere. Thank goodness, it's not your fault, Serge, not your fault. Thanks for the call. We continue. Rick Berger's show, unscreen phone calls, go ahead.
Speaker 9: Hey, you just want to say, I'm loving the news show.
Speaker 21: I think it's better than ever.
Speaker 8: I'm loving the boat real man, don't run the rain.
Speaker 2: It is awesome.
Speaker 21: And I'm one of Gregg's minions.
Speaker 2: The five Alabama chapter, you have a good.
Speaker 3: Greg, that's one of your stronger chapters. You talk about the city of Championship and some of you don't may have heard of that community because gosh, that's been a long time ago. But there was a there were cattle mutilations there, and there was there was a UFO. There was that aliens had come there. Yeah, so they were national there for a while. We can change, they can Rick Bird just show unscreen phone calls, go ahead.
Speaker 10: Man, I just want to tell y'all have a Friday, and I hope y'all have a heck of a weekend.
Speaker 2: How about you? Do you have a big weekend plan? But we lost him. Yeah, that was just just I mean, he was just a don't you love somebody calls in just like that? Yeah, I do, Like you just want to hang out with him, you know what. There's just a little bit of Joe there though, just a little I mean, you're not full blown. Not full blown. This kind of want y'all to have a good weekend. I hope your Father's day kind of run out. Dude, you've got your own version. I just want to get old. It's been some time.
Speaker 12: Tadler.
Speaker 2: Don't want to taking brands because you don't want to miss his point. Up, he'll go right, he'll go to failure. Look, when you're working out, you're speaking of that. We need a jiu jitsu updated.
Speaker 6: Chris Adler went back in.
Speaker 2: I saw I saw him in his gee. I saw him in his g we'll update next. Oh my goodness. Welcome to the rick Burgers Show. Unscreen, phone calls go ahead.
Speaker 12: Good morning, many buddy.
Speaker 25: I just want to say that I don't know if you guys remember, I'm sure you do. Uh the brower cant of sheriff. Just a minute ago, that clip, Uh, the first thing came to mind. Earl Pits, native American redneck.
Speaker 2: Yes, let me tell you that was coming subs.
Speaker 3: Yeah to me, there's no doubt that he influenced that. It sounds like, oh yeah, yeah, I was a fan, me too.
Speaker 1: It's off.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the rick Burgers Show. On screen phone calls. Go ahead.
Speaker 10: I'll tell you what I just called back. I didn't know y'all was asking questions.
Speaker 2: We're not asking questions, but you can if you want, you can.
Speaker 19: Would you get going?
Speaker 10: And y'all trying to ask me a question?
Speaker 19: What I have planned this weekend?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Doing?
Speaker 10: Man? If I told you what I'm doing, y'all probably manned me for life on this show.
Speaker 2: Good for you, buddy, Yeah, okay, Well we don't have to know so well.
Speaker 10: I hope y'all have a heck of a weekend. Enjoy.
Speaker 3: I think compared is also I have to compare to him. I want him to call every Thursday. Every Friday is a good week?
Speaker 2: Are Thursday? Who cares? Little friend?
Speaker 11: Is he a father? Or is he a criminal?
Speaker 5: Like? Why why shouldn't we hear about it?
Speaker 10: Bank?
Speaker 2: I told y'all bout y'all want to.
Speaker 3: Welcome unscreen phone calls. Rick Birders show, go ahead.
Speaker 28: I just want to say good morning to everybody today and say it's great to be an American.
Speaker 26: I love the Ricky Barba show.
Speaker 21: My name is too no and shout out to Holkoly.
Speaker 2: Goll. I love it. What a day good. We're all that on scream phone call things about the best thing I've had.
Speaker 3: People saying, why did y'all ever do any other way? Why did y'all ever do an I got a credit speeding. He came up with it to kick off.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll come back. Adler has gone back to Brazilian jiu jitsu.
Speaker 12: Looking at you.
Speaker 6: All these hicks were like, he's back, he's back, we can meet him up.
Speaker 19: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Also, Greg, I keep seeing this and add it seems to have the Trayaylor spaceballs too.
Speaker 2: What we thought it was silly?
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. Sure you played a little bold Rick Purchase.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: Seventy five? All right, we're back. Thanks for being with US America.
Speaker 3: From textonation, I'm getting lots of these people trying to.
Speaker 2: Clarify the men don't run in the rain.
Speaker 3: Running the rain question fellas I was mowing my yard on a riding more that's important. It started down pouring. I drove the more mower really fast for cover. Is this acceptable? Should I finish mowing? No, you're good.
Speaker 2: That's perfectly fine.
Speaker 3: Now if you had gotten off the mower and ran in, yeah, now you've got problem.
Speaker 2: And then like yeah, and you can't be frantic. I would like to know if you made noise while driving fast. It can't be that. It can't be that.
Speaker 3: If you just methodically drove it into into cover. You certainly fine because you can't mowing in the rain.
Speaker 2: Now, just I'll gets all chewed up in the blade. You're all right?
Speaker 3: What a lot of known if you made the noise, But I think you're fine. Adler couldn't help. But notice yesterday uh uh, yep, the gy was on.
Speaker 2: Yep, that with his double bag looking tall washing and he made sure that I knew the announcement.
Speaker 3: It came by my office. Hey, burd, just so you know, headed to a jiu jitsu while wearing these gee If you need anything, I'll be at jiu jitsu.
Speaker 11: No, no, no, no, I didn't come by.
Speaker 5: In fact, you you were going to the grocery store and you came and knocked on this door right here, and I yelled through the door, I'm in my underwear. If you want to come in, you can, but I'm in my underwear because I was actually getting I was getting the gee on at that time, and so that's why you saw it.
Speaker 11: Rick.
Speaker 5: I didn't make an extra trip to go buy.
Speaker 2: Oh wait minute, I'm confusing. That was actually the day before that you stopped in the doorframe of my office when I was talking to my mom on the on the phone.
Speaker 5: Yes it was.
Speaker 2: That was a different day, Okay, two different days. Yeah, I'm putting those two together.
Speaker 5: But I was not in a gee at that time. Because this is my first time back to jiu jitsu in probably four or five or six weeks, I honestly lost track.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and if the audience is wondering, I took the choice of not opening the door. Yes, yeah, no, under certainly it's Pride month, but I didn't do it.
Speaker 6: After he was dressed, he slung that door. Oh yeah, and he stood there with his double bag. I'm headed out, headed out and heard it out.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Do you like? Do you like stopping? Like going to the stores and stuff when you have a gim.
Speaker 11: I've had to do it before. I've had to.
Speaker 5: I had to get I had to go to a home improvement store on the way home one time.
Speaker 2: Had to needed to wait a minute.
Speaker 3: So I remember, Greg, Greg, you do too, go ahead, and us admitted speedy. I don't know, but I'm just assuming. I remember when I was like playing Little League or something, and if mom said you got to come in the grocery store with me, and I was in uniform, batting in the fourth position, walking through the grocery store, started for headed to the mall next me and my little brother can send uniform check us out?
Speaker 11: Yeah, And I've had to.
Speaker 5: I've had to get groceries before, which is very hard because you don't have pockets with those pants on your hands, and so you're carrying your wallet and your keys and your phone in your hand, and it's a tough situation.
Speaker 11: Do you think, Plus you're so sweaty and red faced.
Speaker 3: Do you think do you think like maybe elderly and single women in the grocery store when they see you in the gate, they're like, oh, thank goodness, yes, if something breaks out, this guy knows martial arts.
Speaker 11: Yeah, karate man.
Speaker 6: So if they have a locker room, you can't change into shorts before you leave or anything.
Speaker 11: I mean they do, they do have.
Speaker 5: They have like a couple of little stalls. They even have a shower. But I just I don't like showering. I don't shower at the gym. I don't like showering at the gym. I like to shower at my house for thirty minutes and think about how I just got destroyed by everyone at jiu jitsu. In fact, I've got a I recorded a little video. Oh yeah, it's real quick here here I am at at jiu jitsu.
Speaker 2: Yesterday that.
Speaker 29: I used to get beat up at school, so I started jiu jitsu, and now I get beat up at school.
Speaker 30: And that is so good for giving me no warning on that.
Speaker 2: So good.
Speaker 11: I did not throw up yesterday.
Speaker 5: I did not soil my pants, So that was that was those That was my two goals going into jiu jitsu yesterday was to not do that, and I was successful in that, so that was a win. You know, you gotta mark, you gotta find we gotta find victories.
Speaker 3: Did you did you ease back into it like you want to work out if you when you haven't been working out in a while, or did you try to go full throttle day one?
Speaker 5: Well, I mentioned to you guys, if I life happens, if I take a week or two off, I have to then work out at on my own at my house, uh, to get back into it, to ramp up to getting back to jiu jitsu, which I which I had done. So I went pretty hard yesterday.
Speaker 2: Prepared but to work in.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I went pretty hard yesterday.
Speaker 2: It was good.
Speaker 5: But but the I had not been smashed and smushed and cranked like that in in almost two.
Speaker 11: Months, y'all.
Speaker 5: The amount of like clicks and pops like my ear drum pop, my neck, my shoulder, my ear elbow, all kinds of things that had not been smashed. And it's you know, you know, you're very cracky when your opponent is like, you're good, You're good, okay, and then keeps, you know.
Speaker 2: Like youured because you don't want to hurt your you're making body noises.
Speaker 11: You don't want to hurt your impotent.
Speaker 3: When I'm talking about greg body noises, we're talking about bones and.
Speaker 5: Yeah, uh wait, your opponent's kind of giving you like a second look, but then you keep your no. I'm good, that's just normal, like just knocking the dust off sounds.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you went over this a long time ago. But how do they pair you up? Do y'all stand in two lines and you go, I'll take her this, I mean, how does that happen? This was out?
Speaker 2: Does the this was no?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 5: It's generally almost like a round robin type scenario. This was yesterday. Me a dude that's like seven ft tall, he's a blue belt. A dude, a dude that is like six feet tall, but he weighs probably two hundred and ninety nine pounds.
Speaker 11: And then we had then.
Speaker 5: We had purple belt Chuck, who's who is taller than me.
Speaker 11: Surprised.
Speaker 5: I know he's big.
Speaker 11: He's thick, thick boy. By the way, Chuck, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Was he the worst one?
Speaker 5: Chuck?
Speaker 19: Chuck?
Speaker 5: Oh my goodness, Chuck. It will grind you into the ground like a truck.
Speaker 12: He's Chuck.
Speaker 2: The truck felt like a vice grip.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, and and then uh, the black belt instructor. So it was a smaller class yesterday, and I rolled with all of all of those guys.
Speaker 6: Seven foot they've got three hundred pounder and Chuck the truck, Chuck.
Speaker 5: And then me there.
Speaker 11: So I was the rest round. Let's just call it. I was the rest round.
Speaker 5: Everybody rested when they're going against me and I'm trying my absolute hardest.
Speaker 2: Is anybody kicking the face?
Speaker 5: Nobody kicking me in the face about what we do, but it's different, no striking. Yeah, we don't strike, it's jiu jitsu.
Speaker 2: Did anybody did you have to submit?
Speaker 5: I almost got quite a few submissions. I had to tap to chuck the truck, and then the three hundred pounder got me tout out quick him. He got me in this weird like Americana where they're like, all right.
Speaker 2: Which I reach on the fat? Ninety? Are in shape to ninety?
Speaker 23: He is.
Speaker 5: He weighs probably around two hundred pounds, and he used to weigh around like around three hundred.
Speaker 6: So you just said pounds, making.
Speaker 2: Him. I think this got.
Speaker 5: Weighed around and I removed him. He used to weigh around like two hundred and seventy five.
Speaker 2: Okay, good for him, Yeah, good for him to.
Speaker 5: Make fun of that.
Speaker 11: Great he were bettering them.
Speaker 2: So, hey, don't worry you will. That's not ask that's coming.
Speaker 7: Hey.
Speaker 5: But it's glad to be back and I can say that I do jiu jitsu again. Like you know, it was so long, like if somebody asked me, I would have been like, really.
Speaker 2: I've heard of it.
Speaker 12: I kind of think I fake. I fake do it back in the day.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: You better listen up, you know, I says I'm gonna.
Speaker 5: You gotta find.
Speaker 1: The voice of reason in an unreasonable world. The Rick Birch.
Speaker 2: Here we go, America. Thank you for being with us.
Speaker 24: As it ran.
Speaker 12: New Hour grows off.
Speaker 2: We got the box seats coming up a little bit later.
Speaker 3: The birdes ball battle will take place. Somebody could walk away with big cash today from the wheel of bundles, bits and bucks.
Speaker 2: Let's see who you can get it done today.
Speaker 3: All right, the gang all here, Speedy, Greg Adler, We're all back at Master Control. I am looking forward to and look, there's been all kinds of interviews and things that I've had the pleasure of doing for the book. Men Don't Run in the Rain, and now of course in our store, the shirt men Don't run in the rain. But that's this has been really really a lot of fun. And some of the podcasts obviously they recorded and then they come out later. Some of those are dropping this week wherever you get podcasts. The Art of Manliness really enjoyed the conversation we had. That one dropped this week and a lot of you been waiting on that one, So that one is out.
Speaker 2: There wherever you get podcasts. And of course seven hundred Club their archive is out there. We have that for you too.
Speaker 3: But I get an opportunity today with our old friend Andy Andrews. So when we wrap up today, Lord Willing, Sherry and I are going to go to beautiful Orange Beach and hang out with Andy and his wife, and he and I will do a podcast together. I think I'm going to do some stuff for Wisdom Harbor. We'll have some fellowship and some time together, eat some delicious fresh seafood, and then work our way back. And then tomorrow for those of you, and I think there's over a three hundred and fifty of you that are coming to my home church tomorrow for our Father's Day breakfast. Jared Hudson, who's been on the show and it's just announced he's running for Senate to take Tuberville's place. He's coming to speak to our men Covenant Rescue Industry, rescuing people out of the darkness and the wickedness of the sex trade industry. He'll be addressing our men tomorrow for that breakfast. It's free. If you want to join us, you can. So that's going on tomorrow and then of course the rest of the weekend. Hope all of you have a Great Father's Day, and I think Andy said his I think he said his podcast. They record them and usually they release them on Tuesdays, So I don't know if it'll be coming out next Tuesday, but I'll be able to tell you that on Mondays show. So anyway, so looking forward to that today too. Now, now, Speedy, I see Greg, have you noticed it. He's gathering stuff. This is probably means he's gonna look at you and me and say, here's things that y'all don't care about, but you should. Oh, it's become a new segment on the program, so the audience can be updated on things they might care about. But Speedy knows that while he's updating them that you and I don't care, but he thinks we should care.
Speaker 2: Yea.
Speaker 3: And then Adler kind of is somewhere out there in this, yeah, fully committed, but but probably not as not as uninterested as you and I are.
Speaker 5: I just I'm just sometimes care sometimes I pretend to care like y'all.
Speaker 6: This is this is my attempt just to get have y'all be a little bit more well rounded and.
Speaker 3: Just being that's fair, Yes, just miss Greg and I don't like many things. Now what we like we're really into.
Speaker 6: Her eighties, eighties, eighties rock and college football needs.
Speaker 2: He's got a little bit further may couple. Yeah, I just wanted to I didn't say.
Speaker 6: I didn't say things had to be at that level.
Speaker 2: I didn't say it had to be at that level. You can also throw in documentaries, Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: Behind the music, food and grill brill with this one here, Greg's been talking about the twenty twenty five FIFA Club World Cup starts tomorrow. That soccer, soccer. Yeah, the United States will host twelve venues across the country, sixty three matches, thirty two teams.
Speaker 2: It'll open up.
Speaker 6: Tomorrow, hard Rock caf uh Hard Rock Stadium, South floor of Miami versus Egypt.
Speaker 2: All right, soccer can ask you an uncomfortable question.
Speaker 3: I'm almost I don't know that I should ask you because it's one of these things I don't think I want to know. And if you want to protect me, you can just say, fine, is there any of the Big three? Okay, football, of any level, basketball, any level baseball. I'm even going to put in women's softball. Are any of the things I just mentioned you like soccer better than them?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Oh oh, women's softball.
Speaker 5: You want me to like that better than than the most popular sport in the world.
Speaker 2: Oh good night, it's more people in the world play because it's cheap. Look, you can't don't have any money.
Speaker 5: You can't spell socialism without soccer. Is that's why it's so good?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: And and and these stadiums will be sold out, So so what.
Speaker 2: Ten thousand flies will tell me that taste good? But it's not. I mean, I'm gonna eat it.
Speaker 6: All I'm doing is presenting the story. So, I mean, is this the big World Cup thing? It's however, so many years it's the twenty twenty five FIFA Club World Club World Cup Championship.
Speaker 2: Don't they only do it? Ever? How many?
Speaker 11: But it starts in twenty twenty six?
Speaker 2: Oh no, is it?
Speaker 6: I thought it was twenty twenty five club. It says here there's a schedule. It starts tomorrow. If you're wrong, I want to make fun of you, because I want to. I'll even be glad that you're wrong. Yeah, because it clearly has twenty twenty five. Here, I was going off the headline. Don't they play this every four years? Tell me you're not interested in that.
Speaker 2: I'm not.
Speaker 5: I'm the real World Cup is Thursday, June eleventh, twenty twenty six through.
Speaker 6: This is the Club World Cup. This is this is different, so it's not the country club.
Speaker 2: Evening. Also, like the national teams.
Speaker 6: The Patriots have unveiled the Tom Brady statue is going to come out on August the eighth.
Speaker 2: Peaking some interest.
Speaker 6: Okay, this was announced.
Speaker 2: Okay, they look funny. I mean, they never looked like who they're supposed to look like this.
Speaker 6: This was announced on six to twelve. Okay, that was what let's look at it yesterday. That's known as Tom Brady Day. It represents the number of Super Bowl championships six and his jersey number twelve. As Tom Brady Day, the Patriots announced that that the stadium will debut Tom Brady's statue on August the eighth.
Speaker 3: Okay, so they yeah, because they won't give him his seventh Super Bowl, which was with the Buccaneers.
Speaker 2: This is Patriots Country.
Speaker 6: It'll be one twelve NBA Finals tonight, seven thirty Central, ABC, Game four Indiana, Indiana leeds for the Thunder two to one in.
Speaker 2: The series, and we'll watch one thing.
Speaker 5: Caser's Thunder.
Speaker 6: Greg nhluh. The Oilers beat Florida for five to four in overtime. The series is now tied to two. Out of the first four games, three of them have finished in overtime.
Speaker 3: This is one of those things that now you have to act like you're interested in Yes, I am really not. Yeah, but you have to when people ask you about it, especially when you're fun places where it's not big, you gotta go, oh, yeah, yeah, here's.
Speaker 5: That moment, Greg, I know you want to see it regular culture.
Speaker 2: No one ever asked me about it. Now.
Speaker 6: Florida was winning this game three nothing yes, and and Edmondson and tied. It went to extra, an extra period and Edmonton won five to four.
Speaker 7: Colt over time the epic Colers.
Speaker 6: Two games a piece, so they got series tied up.
Speaker 2: You're a Canadian, this is a big deal. Yeah, they're fired up about it real quick.
Speaker 6: College Baseball World Series starts today one o'clock Central on ESPN Arizona Coastal Carolina, and then the not cap is UH Louisville, UH and Oregon State, and then tomorrow Murray Murray State, U s l U c l A plays and l s U and Arkansas.
Speaker 5: I thought the world thought the World Series was in October's.
Speaker 2: This is college baseball, buddy, College base is different.
Speaker 3: This is what happens when you were and try to get with speedy. I will say everything you've mentioned, I.
Speaker 6: Got one more.
Speaker 2: Oh, there's more.
Speaker 6: Just and this is it. Uh, there was an albatrosh yesterday, Rick and the US Open.
Speaker 2: Four extinct.
Speaker 5: Albatros.
Speaker 2: That's the Dodo bird.
Speaker 5: Yes, Dodo.
Speaker 6: It's only the fourth time in US Open history. This is this has been done. Basically, this means someone got a two on a par five and it's Patrick Reid. He is uh, he's a two hundred, he's two hundred something out. Uh and he's got looks like maybe a three or five wood in his hand off and uh and he and he makes it from us.
Speaker 2: Just happened.
Speaker 6: At the fourth Patrick Reid at his second from two hundred and eighty six yards or what toy?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Wow, guys, guys.
Speaker 11: Unle in the hole.
Speaker 6: He's so far he's so far back he doesn't even know that he dunkeed it.
Speaker 22: Now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh two, he can't believe it. No, you saying so far away, he doesn't even know if he made it.
Speaker 2: It's like a. It's a double legal, that's what it is or anything. Uh No, I don't think he's in the league. But it's only the.
Speaker 6: Fourth time, uh it ever happened in the US Open history. So he wins, and he's he's a live guys. A lot of people think he sucks and he's evil, but he's he's one of the guys from we Patrick gree So, thank you.
Speaker 12: For telling us about that.
Speaker 11: Thank you for telling us about that.
Speaker 2: You know, thanks gimving just giving the.
Speaker 5: S doesn't care.
Speaker 1: Now this is the Rick Burgess Show. Removed the phrase what's your new good from society?
Speaker 3: But hey, here we go. Thank you for being with us today. America still to come to Vox seats. I do have to clarify on text nation. Uh, you actually have the rule wrong. The new addition to Burgess Ball Battle is the loser spends first, and it's like, let's make a deal. The winner can now take their prize from them and walk away or say no to it, and then risk that their spend might be something even less valuable, like money or something or not money, Like say the loser spun some prize and then it's pretty good you turn it down. You go for money, you don't get it, and you end up with Henry the Horse, no offense, something like that. The texture saying that they think the loser gets the prize. If the winner turns it down, they do not the loser. No, the loser gets nothing nothing. That's the point of being a loser. All this is is the winner is now picking which prize they want to take, take the safe prize, the loser spun or see if they can spend something.
Speaker 2: Better, and the losers seeing what they would.
Speaker 3: Have got it, and the loser is seeing what they could have had if they'd only won.
Speaker 5: In a lot of ways, you're given the winner two spins, correct, that's so really kind of you.
Speaker 3: Guys, you know, unless and you decide whether two spins put you in a better situation, yes, or a worse situation.
Speaker 2: The loser gets nothing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, So we're going to change it up from time to time, just don't keep it interesting.
Speaker 2: Right now, this is working.
Speaker 5: What if the loser spun five hundred in the winter's like, no, I'm going for a thousand this and then it lands on like Henry the Horse or something.
Speaker 3: Anybody that thinks they can upgrade the money no way, that's somebody.
Speaker 2: You know what, I will show you. Oh, we didn't know they had a gambling problem. We didn't know what. We give them a hot line or something. I'm all in text nation.
Speaker 3: Also saying text nation also say that you've inspired other people at their offices to get fish bowls with their own mister chin.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's great. Look at that head. Yeah that's a different color one.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's a different chin.
Speaker 11: Let's be everybody sees that the first thing.
Speaker 6: I thought that our chin. Let's be honest. I don't pay enough attention to mister chin. He could have switched him out and I wouldn't know it.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't.
Speaker 11: You can roll the tape.
Speaker 2: How much to eat mister chin?
Speaker 7: So?
Speaker 2: Okay, fifty, I'd eat him for about three to seventy five.
Speaker 5: Why he's hiding in his chest while we're talking about that, He's like, don't eat me, I'm hiding here?
Speaker 2: Is he inside there?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 2: I don't eat me.
Speaker 12: I'm hinding here.
Speaker 2: I thought he was Asian.
Speaker 12: I did too.
Speaker 2: You do you have to swallow him alive? Or do you buy him? Right?
Speaker 5: Oh boy, you want to buy him. You don't want him swimming around in your belly.
Speaker 2: I know, I want how long you last? What that feels like. I don't know.
Speaker 6: Think about him swimming around in you.
Speaker 11: You've never swallowed a goldfish.
Speaker 5: That surprises me.
Speaker 2: I know that is surprising entire string too, and you pull it back out. I don't remember.
Speaker 19: Yeah.
Speaker 2: By the way, this is I'm going to say to you, knowing you speedy. Look, thank goodness for redemption for all of us. But I'm just saying, knowing you, it's like these people that get all bold that claim they would never eat a cat, and I'm like, you probably have.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, you know I never eat a cat, not knowing. I'm not saying you did it on purpose, but you've probably eaten one.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Uh, I say that about this. You have swater to go fish. Yeah, you don't remember it, And that's what I'm saying. I don't remember, but I promise you good chance. I promise you you have right. Yeah, and look, I'm willing to swallow a quail egg, followed by mister chin. Oh, hey, the quail eggs are good.
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, were we supposed to refrigerate those?
Speaker 31: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Listen, I used to go into those stores and mold gas stations. They'd have a big jar sitting on the counter and you get an egg at a time, But you don't know that same thing.
Speaker 3: I don't know, uh Adam. I'm gonna shift now now to to five. Okay, So so looking at this headline, I will And we've talked about this before. This has been an ongoing thing all the way back to the Rick and Bubba days. I don't know who you people were that that went out and said I'm gonna protect and I want the numbers to be overwhelming for alligators and sharks.
Speaker 2: I don't know why you did that.
Speaker 3: I'm okay with us not letting them go extinct, fine with that, but back by this we got too many sharks. Wait, sharks, you can't even swim anymore. I mean, sharks are everywhere. Sharks out, they're everywhere.
Speaker 14: My good.
Speaker 3: And if this doesn't get us, you know a lot of times if a shark takes out like somebody, you know, like a white guy, people, let me tell you something, uh, you know, a surfer. But right now we've got a shark that is chewed off a little nine year old girl's hand.
Speaker 2: Well do I have to watch this chewed her hand on?
Speaker 11: It's it's a news package.
Speaker 2: It's a newspackage. You're all right here.
Speaker 5: It is courtesy of w P B. F.
Speaker 12: Lord.
Speaker 32: That happened and the waters of Boca Grand The family, says Leah Lindele that was the girl's name, went underwater to snorkel and came up from the water screaming.
Speaker 19: Still.
Speaker 2: Her mother was nearby, but.
Speaker 32: She says she couldn't help right away because she was carrying her two toddlers. Some good Samaritans heard the mother scream for help and ran over to the little girl. They pulled her from the water. One of them said they spotted an eight foot long bull shark.
Speaker 33: The bulls see the little girl crying. So when we see that little girl coming out from the water on hand, it was like something out late. Get to me, get to me.
Speaker 5: Like everybody was in shock.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, damn with no hang. Suddenly I showed up Richard. Mm hmm. What he's here perfectly legal?
Speaker 23: I know.
Speaker 2: Have you not seen the Mexicans who are here legal saying they're with America.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, they've had magahat some Yes.
Speaker 2: What about they were trying to loot a Mexican man's grocery.
Speaker 6: Store, Yes, and west kind of let you know, they don't know what there's it's just a bunch.
Speaker 2: Of antarchurs handle and they all need to be dealt with. By the way.
Speaker 3: But once again, bull sharks, it's they'll come into shallow water, he'll go into fresh water.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's who is saying, let's have more bullshark.
Speaker 31: Oh.
Speaker 5: Look they they were able to save her hand.
Speaker 2: Praise go back.
Speaker 5: It was near nearly completely severed.
Speaker 2: I thought the bull shark had in his mouth.
Speaker 11: I did too, but they he swam off.
Speaker 5: Well, she had she had reconstructive surgery.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 5: What if you're the guy six hour surgery, six hours surgery.
Speaker 2: Imagine that you're that guy that could do that. Or it could be a game that's really amazing.
Speaker 11: He's probably a guy, but I'm a guess.
Speaker 3: But listen, we're hearing about shark bites, shark attacks.
Speaker 2: A shark nearly got me. It's like every time we it's like every day.
Speaker 3: It seems like, now, think about there was a time when someone getting hit by a shark in the swimming area was you had never heard that. Now out there you know when you get out, But now the swimming area is a problem.
Speaker 2: Yea, y'all.
Speaker 5: They the surgeons managed to reattach her hand. They had to get arteries from her leg to get the blood flow back to her hand. They installed hens in the bones. She still has open tissues. They'll be monitoring her for a week at least, but thank god, she can move her feet.
Speaker 2: My goodness, Hold up, Hold up too, We'll be right back.
Speaker 5: Yeah, thumbs up.
Speaker 2: More show right after this.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show doing what he was born to do, The Wick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: Thank you, America, and a brand new hour, brand new day, and we're glad that you are here now when you're thinking about the aging process. If you really want to get deep on your actual age, not just the number, something's got to be done at the cellular level. This fatty fifteen dot com slash big vox.
Speaker 3: The science behind this. Have you have you checked this out? Yeah, they've been with us for you know, five six weeks now. Incredible story. You know, this was a science you know, back to research that was being done along with the US Navy. How can we get people's biological age younger? And one way to do that is with the good fats that are out there. You know, there's there's good and bad fatty acids, but they're not all bad, and there's some good ones. Trust me, I've had some dear friends.
Speaker 2: But anyway, the yeah, But anyway, so if you're looking for the best fat there is, I mean the best fat it's C fifteen.
Speaker 3: It's got a longer name than that, but I'm glad they offered the C fifteen option. It's the first supplement that's pure essential and vegan friendly C fifteen uh. And this is going to slow the biological aging at the cellular level out there, even with Make America Healthy again.
Speaker 2: Listen to R. F. K Jr.
Speaker 3: And some of these doctors that are talking about the cellular longevity uh and biological aging. This is right in the middle of all that. So fatty fifteen dot com slash big box or look for that link at Rick Burgess show dot com under sponsors Speeding Yo. I want you to take the ball basket basketball, and I want you to stand behind this thing here. You got to peek around it. If you hit this shot. If you hit this SHOT's got to eat mister chin. It's a hard shot.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 11: We joked about this.
Speaker 3: But I'm telling you no, just one shot, one shot. No, well, well and good for you because you know there's some people that don't. All right, so what you get behind this this pillar? You gotta stand and if you make the shot, I gotta eat. Mister Greg has to eat.
Speaker 2: Miss nobody's anywhere fish. We can get another one. You might need to swallow.
Speaker 3: No one one shots, mister your chin? Okay, that are you watching?
Speaker 2: Oh I couldness? That was so much no you, No, you can't shoot another one. I mean that was very call you. That would have been, that would have been, that would have been Chinn said, We said one.
Speaker 11: We said one, sir mister.
Speaker 5: From across the room, because we would get in so much trouble number number two. Actually it would make me sad. No, it would make me sad. No, give me to get him, give me the name. No, no, no, I clearly.
Speaker 2: Said, I clearly said one shot. Yes, what he was doing Rick at the second shot, he was the loser, spinning the wheel. That don't count. Look, you got any hit it, but you gotta get first. When you kind of got get the film, well, I know that's why I didn't want it to be easier.
Speaker 3: I mean, if we're talking about eating shot if we're talking about we're talking about eating mister chin.
Speaker 2: It's got to be a difficult shot really with no warming. What about if I do this one then Adler has eated. No, that's a new one.
Speaker 5: You can eat. That's needy, that's what you can do.
Speaker 3: How about this, it's it's that's sickening, making Adler eat his own fish.
Speaker 5: Thank you?
Speaker 25: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Greg? Along with you? Greg eating it? That's fine? Yeah, I guess he is a little close to him.
Speaker 11: That's not fine.
Speaker 2: Why all the pool off of him? Greg? Everything? He swims in it? I know he does.
Speaker 6: So I made it.
Speaker 2: That was you made it. You made the second shot, which everybody knows. You get to a bit of a participation. What if I just put mister tin in my man, taking back out and put it back in.
Speaker 6: The yellow that two licks.
Speaker 2: Lick turn over, put concerned I have there? There's no telling what kind of bactery o chin. There's no impression of it. When you were balking him physically. You might want to be you know, most fish, Let me know, let me let me let me just say this. I don't speak for all fish. I'm going to go on record that was zero hesitation. Don't like be eaten. No, no, I'd be.
Speaker 6: Like a shark. Yeah, okay, okay, all right, all right.
Speaker 11: His treasure chests because of what you're talking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought it was like a double or nothing kind of thing. Nobody said that. Nobody said that.
Speaker 5: You just always change it, you always add to.
Speaker 2: So let's look at seven, Greg, you said you didn't like the first Star Wars Star Wars documentary space Balls.
Speaker 6: You didn't like it.
Speaker 3: I thought you didn't like it. They don't lie, all right, So you don't care about it because balls in it. So it looks like Spaceball's two is coming to theaters, not to twenty twenty seven.
Speaker 2: Why would we be looking at it?
Speaker 5: Yes, miranis is coming out of now, well he's coming out of retirement for let's have a look all right, and I'm gonna have to read it because it's just the intro.
Speaker 2: Why are we playing it?
Speaker 19: All right?
Speaker 2: We're gonna get busted for this music, Okay.
Speaker 5: Thirty eight years ago there was only one Star Wars trilogy, but since then there have been a prequel trilogy, a sequel trilogy, a sequel to the prequel, a prequel to the sequel, countless TV spinoffs, a movie spinoff of the TV spin off, which is both a prequel and a sequel, not to mention two Dunes, seven Jurassic Parks, two avatars plus three upcoming avatars, making five avatars, thirty six Marvel Marvel movies. AnyWho. The whole point of this is an all this time, We've gotten all this stuff. We've gotten a live action lion King, an animated lion king, another live action lion king. Eight Harry Pottery Potter movies. Okay, you get the idea of stuff. There's been seven alien movies, and two of which were also Predator movies, not to be mistaken for the six predator movies that are also not alien movies. Uh and but in thirty eight years, there's only ever been one.
Speaker 2: Space Balls, And there's a reason for that. Greg, I really think you'd be so negative on this. I don't. I really didn't. So, but I thought that all the list there was you ain't got a clip.
Speaker 5: No, they're just getting started.
Speaker 2: They're just this is the teas. I had to go back and rewatch the first one I don't remember started. Here's one who wrote it.
Speaker 11: Yes, that's is that really?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 2: He's like some of the Mail Brooks stuff when I was younger, But oh my gracious, he's old. Givers how long he's been around? Why are you surprised he's old?
Speaker 12: What is it?
Speaker 2: He's got to be ninety?
Speaker 5: No, he's yeah, I think he's close to ninety.
Speaker 2: But this, here's here's a pretty funny just went veneers up top?
Speaker 5: Well, buddy, okay, let's just people's physical appearance.
Speaker 2: Bleaching on the bottom. After forty years, we asked, Wow, what do the fans want? But instead we're making this movie that's funny. Is he's good? Mail Brooks is funny? Yes, yeah, times yeah, at times he has his moments. Wow, boy, I tell you it's an uphill climb if you won't get Greg involved in and Mail Brooks apparently in general? Yeah really did? He did blazing? I give him a past.
Speaker 11: It was a different time.
Speaker 2: But in the his History of the World Part one, I barely remember that, but I think I like it. It's good to be king. I think, oh, remember we had the Ten Commandments. They actually had more than he dropped about. That's what I'm talking about. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I still don't like spaceballs, but I like his other stuff. He's ninety eight. You remember that anxiety was him. Yeah, and you're gonna be your negative. No, I told you it's just spaceballs.
Speaker 2: I'm not big on.
Speaker 3: Okay, Greg, Well then leave it there. But you went after mail black, Greg, he did Robin Hood Men in.
Speaker 5: Time, Robinhood many Tye is a class.
Speaker 6: I know things can be too silly for you, and that's this category here, it's just too silly. But where are you on things like Anchorman? And you think stuff like that Airplane? Was that too silly?
Speaker 2: It should have been I liked it Airplane and nikked gun Okay, I was gonna go there, Nex. Yeah, it should it should be in the category of silly, but I really like it.
Speaker 6: Okay, Sorry, it's great.
Speaker 2: Apologized for when Airplane came out. We were kids, remember y, We thought that was the funniest thing that ever happened.
Speaker 12: Ever it is.
Speaker 2: Look all right, let me ask you this, and you were in Leslie Nilsen. Yeah, come on, it's funny.
Speaker 6: Do you think if you like Star Wars more and you were into it, this would be funnier?
Speaker 2: You know my relationship with Star Wars. I watched the first one and I think the second one, and I've never watched I've never seen any of I call them nine hundred prequel sequel, even the original six or whatever it was. I was the first two is all I watched. What's that Star Wars? Yeah, yeah, I didn't watch it. Took me years to even watch it. I had zero interest in it.
Speaker 3: I had to be I had to go back and go, Okay, I should have pay attention to this, but I didn't.
Speaker 2: I don't go beyond the two first. The first two I got called in the hype. I was a kid. I think one time, you know, at school that had the little book club you could order books. I even ordered the Star Wars book.
Speaker 11: What Here's a quick clip from Spaceball.
Speaker 2: I was strictly cowboys and Indians.
Speaker 5: Here's a quick clip from Spaceballs. If you guys wanted.
Speaker 2: And I see your schwartz is as big as mine. All right in the world. I can I do it again? If I make it, you's gotta eat it.
Speaker 1: No, No, this is the reck. Just show the man who was bold enough to point out that there is no such thing as dog years. Dogs just don't live as long as you.
Speaker 2: Want to say.
Speaker 3: It's okay, Remember we come from the real world here. Thanks for being with US America coming up next.
Speaker 2: Hour Burgess Ball battle.
Speaker 3: Somebody can walk away with cash baby. So we'll have two folks in the box seats that are in the hall. Now see them kind of congregating there.
Speaker 12: They're ready to go.
Speaker 3: They'll be coming in here quickly and we'll meet them next hour there. But here they are emails from you the audience, answering questions and bringing things to the table. If you want it to be considered for a Haybird segment, be sure you put in the subject line hey bird, Hey bird. If you want to remain anonymous, let me know so I can ignore it and say your name anyway. Try not to hey bird, Hey bird. From Brittany. I am a tuber. I want to say hello to all the tubers. Hey tubers. First, hope everyone's doing well. Been listening since I was a little kid. I'm now thirty six. Could you do a favor?
Speaker 2: Please? Please Greg, stop discussing thousand pounds sisters. A sorry, people, the audience begs me.
Speaker 3: I usually watch the playback on YouTube, and apparently my phone heards you talking about it so much. I'm now seeing ads and reels of these thousand pound sisters. So I'll back off, So there we go, says I guess I should be more concerned that my phone picked these things up and seems to and now it's playing it back to me. Can you say it is crazy? Big brother is watching. He's even promoting the Big Sisters. She said, I'm all in and loving the new show. And that is from Brittany. Brittany better known for the tuber to the Tubers as Captain Cook Cook Captain Cook.
Speaker 2: All right, here we go. He tame me's down about one nineties. Oh boy, she started out seven hundred. Oh I so remember this, Greg, hey bird, hey birds from Joey. Knowing that you and your baby brother were raised in a place that you say was close to Birmingham, close to Atlanta, close to perfect Actually the word was near, but i'll take close. I wonder how much time you and baby brother spent at six Flags over Georgia. Oh a bunch.
Speaker 3: The reason why I ask is it seems when I watched Greg's behavior, he seems to remind me a lot of Beauford the Buzzard.
Speaker 2: Oh remember the buzzer?
Speaker 3: And I was wondering was Greg exposed to Beauford the Buzzard at a young age.
Speaker 2: The answer is, yes, you I loved you for the buzzard. Now, he would sit there and just rip people. He was all a puppet. Oh yeah, and he would I mean his shows, there'd be people just standing around and he would make fun of people the entire time. Do you remember this speedy where you ever got?
Speaker 6: Let me give if I could see in the buzzard, figure out how that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was a puppet cabinet and he's in this cabinet, not really, and somehow he could see the crowd because he'd say, hey, nice hair over there.
Speaker 3: I mean he basically was great. He come out, you stood around, and this buzzer ripped you.
Speaker 2: Uh. For the six flags. He made fun of what you had on.
Speaker 3: He was located right up there by the dolphin show, right, he'd make fun of your your hat, your appearance. Yes, uh, And it was Beau for the buzzard.
Speaker 2: People loved it. But how about Joey? You picked up on that. That's that's really that He's awareness right there. You are correct.
Speaker 3: We could get to six flags in no time, he says, And we went all the time. And on that note, he says, if anytime you guys make an appearance. Why not get someone to build you guys a kiosk that people walk up and Greg cuts them down. Just like I'm not like beat, You're exactly like beautfor.
Speaker 6: Have your head with a beak on it.
Speaker 3: Yeah you know I missed you for the buzzer, But you know I think the New Soft Society could never survive.
Speaker 2: You know what you do, Rick, You'd watch Beauford the buzzer and then you walk right there next to him buying him cherry berries. Yes, cherry berry, Yes I do. I don't remember the cherry bearry.
Speaker 5: BEAUTIFU for the buzzer.
Speaker 2: That's that handsome beard teller, that jerk and that stupid looking soon you married him?
Speaker 18: I did.
Speaker 2: I can't winning them all?
Speaker 4: Can?
Speaker 2: Greg loved you for the buzzer?
Speaker 5: Yeah that is funny?
Speaker 2: Hey Bird? Hey Bird? Can checking in with up Ken? Hello? Hello to the team. Uh.
Speaker 3: In my career, I'm a problem solver and I know you like to be a problem solver. I have the perfect solution for Speedy's visit to the Patch Palace. I know that you need everyone to make the show great as it is. I believe the problem with Speedy going by himself is that there would be no one filming Speedy and his excitement during the tour. My solution is this, to put Speedy at ease, why not just.
Speaker 2: Put Hoby with him?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 2: You know I'm saying a lot of that.
Speaker 3: Make it one of Speedy's favorite moments in life. Hoby goes with him, and he can film good enough because that puts Speed at ease because he will get to go there with his life coach.
Speaker 6: Okay, and we'll drive you in that tesla. I could call cold calling, but well right, this is one to go said.
Speaker 3: Also, be good for you guys to sit around the fire pit chumming it up after supper.
Speaker 2: Uh and and.
Speaker 3: Both of both of you smoking on a black and mold while Digger sits in your laugh.
Speaker 6: There you go, I like a black and out like I think I think I found a date. I gotta throw by y'all.
Speaker 2: That plastic tim That might be the solution. We sent his life coach with him. I'll drive That's it, Hey bird, Hey birge. Uh, nothing gives me more satisfaction than the idiot who has to do ninety five miles an hour when I'm already doing eighty five. Passes me like I'm impeding traffic or something when I'm out and I'm also not doing that. But just a few miles ahead, when I got off of my exit and I see this idiot directly in front of me at the red light, I absolutely love it. So if somebody flies by.
Speaker 3: The by red light back there and by the way, you know what, I think, that's a little rude. I mean, you have the light got me, but I mean, come on, I mean, I mean no, I speeded.
Speaker 2: That was speedy. You remember that guy was in the left wing going eighty five and Speedy was trying to go ninety five and I was trying to get you home. You said home.
Speaker 3: I said, yay, home boy. What gives you more satisfaction? Though, I'll kay in the side of these completely one hundred mile an hour people, do you like them to get stopped by a light or like to see them get pulled over by the law. I want to pull over and handcuffed. You don't make them handcuffed. But because have you ever sometimes and I guess nowadays most people should know you got a little bit of a caution. Caution, so you're backing off trying to get over, you know, because you know the laws up there, and this person apparently doesn't have that kind of technology, and they blaze past you right to the law. There's a there's a sweetness to that for some reason. Yeah, there's a sweetness to that.
Speaker 2: Hey bird, Hey burge. This is from Joe n the new book Men Don't Run in the Rain. Is that for women readers too? I would say yes, Actually a lot of women are responding. And I told you what my wife said. She read the book and she knew dead for thirty years, and she said, even though I knew you're dead for thirty years, she read it while I was away speaking one weekend, and she said, but I will tell this, and you can tell the women this. I learned things apply to my own life reading this book, even though I was around him, and the point she was making as his daughter in law, you're not going to get that side of him, you know, she said, all I had was the pop that danced in the driveway and you know, fell all over his grandkids and thought his daughter in laws. You know, all he ever thought of us that we hoped there was gonna be. He didn't feel like he need to teach us any lessons. And she said, so.
Speaker 3: I learned things from him that I never got to experience because you know, she said.
Speaker 2: I didn't know you to your dad was already almost retired from coaching, and she said, so I actually took life application away from it big time. So so yeah, I would. It sounds the title sounds like it and some of the biblical application. It's directed at men, but it really would apply to anyone man our woman.
Speaker 6: On Father's Day, though, let's not run in the rain.
Speaker 2: Chance there is a chance rain on Father's all over the place. Right now. When we come back.
Speaker 3: If you're still with us, the box seats will fill urge of small battle coming up next hour.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the.
Speaker 4: Ricks Birch Show, broadcasting from the real world. Weick Speedy, Greg Addlering Rick Burgess Book Up Home.
Speaker 12: There a guts time, pull the.
Speaker 2: Show and off we go. Thanks for being with us.
Speaker 4: Welcome to the Big Burgess Show, broadcasting from the.
Speaker 2: Real Women in real For another hour, be read Addler.
Speaker 12: And Rick Burgess book.
Speaker 6: Up from There.
Speaker 2: Cuts time for the hardest working men in the business. Speedy, Greg Andler. All here as we move this baby forward, look at the box seats coming from all over. Welcome to the Rick Burgess Show. They're here, they're ready.
Speaker 3: Awkwardly, two of them will be pitted against each other and it'll be all at war. The Burgess ball battle coming up as they try to get a shot at the wheel, bundles, bits and bucks.
Speaker 2: Hello, box seats.
Speaker 3: So how many of you you you've never been to this studio, You've never been in here.
Speaker 2: This is your first time, everybody.
Speaker 3: Everybody, how many of you this is your first time to ever watch a show? All the way back even in the Rick and Bubb days you never saw that either, first time to see a show period one.
Speaker 2: Oh, and you were the one that got lost.
Speaker 6: Uh, and the and the and two more over here kids out here.
Speaker 2: That's good, all right, Well, welcome. We're glad you're here. Thank you for for being with us and visiting and uh bringing some of you brought goodies, watch out some of you didn't. Uh But but no, that's fine, that's perfectly fine.
Speaker 3: I've already tested everything. As I've said every time. You should feel no obligation for these free seats, none whatsoever. So we're glad that you're here. Your support is all we need of course hard to.
Speaker 2: Snack on that.
Speaker 6: But but the Greg didn't even like, let me sit it down. He's off in I have to test it.
Speaker 2: What was the already after.
Speaker 6: He's gotten some cookies and then he got that buffalo sauce.
Speaker 2: Buffalo chicken dip. On a much much more gruesome dark topic, well we we are you not wanting some updates on what happened with this plane crash yesterday?
Speaker 3: How did it happen? What happened? Speculation? Yeah, I know it's but but we have a lot of pilots in the audience and and they're talking to people, uh that that fly and know here's a former pilot that he'll talk to us a little bit. First added the new you want to show the new footage first year. So we we all have seen the one that was just a little clip. This is a little more extended now, Adlers.
Speaker 12: It's the full flight.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's the full from from takeoff to this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we haven't seen this. Right there, they think they're fine.
Speaker 6: At the end of the runway and now it's it's it's thing off.
Speaker 3: Any of you have flown, you know that feels pretty good right there. You think you've got it and it is going up, but it's it's and it did seem to labor just a little.
Speaker 2: Huah.
Speaker 6: He cannot he cannot, he can't. He does not have the power.
Speaker 5: And there it goes down right now, it's starting to go down.
Speaker 2: Face m mmmmmmm, yeah that's yeah.
Speaker 6: Now it's just it's just falling.
Speaker 2: Now. Yeah, that's just such a terrible and.
Speaker 5: He's trying so hard. You can see it's like the nose is pointed up. It's not pointed down. The nose is pointed up and it is not going.
Speaker 2: Guy surviving is that.
Speaker 11: I can't get look at the size of the fireball.
Speaker 3: Listen, the one survivor is an amazing story. We talked about that earlier in the show. So we do have a captain and I'm always I always want to hear from these men or women that that do this, you know, or have done it for a long time. Usually they can they do a pretty good job of going that looks like, you know, they know the deal. So this is former pilot Captain Steve. He's going to talk about some possible scenarios that would lead to a malfunction like this.
Speaker 2: So here he is.
Speaker 34: Take a look at what we see and I'm going to stop it here as the airplane comes into the frame. The airplane looks to be kind of normal. But what we do know is this, the landing gear is still down. Now this airplane is well beyond the point of rotation and climb out where they would have raised the gear. That's done at about fifty feet off the ground. And so more on that in a minute. What we also see is both engines. We don't know if they're producing thrust. But what we don't see out of the engines is any sort of flame, any sort of sparks. We don't see any indication that they're not operating normally. Now, everybody's been talking about a power loss, and I've watched a bunch of videos and people on the different channels talking about this, and they say, well, it was a power loss and that's why the airplane descended and crashed. Let me be specific with this was a loss of lift. It could have been caused by a power loss. So that's theory number one, is that they lost power on both engines that caused the loss of lift. The airplane stopped flying. It started flying at one point it was flying normally as the nose lifted off before they raised the gear, the airplane lost lift and stopped flying. So what would have caused that, Well, if both engines failed, it was just one of two things. Either they ran through a flock of birds and basically destroyed both engines at once. The reason I don't think that's a likely theory is we don't see any birds in the picture.
Speaker 6: It would have had to be a lot of birds to.
Speaker 34: Follow out both engines, and we don't see any indications coming out of the back of the engine that happened. You'd see flames, you'd see sparks, you'd see something. As those engines were kind of coming apart. Its smoked at the minimums, So you don't see any of that stuff. It looks as though the engines are intact and they're running. They could have both flamed out because of fuel contamination. That's the one thing that both engines would have in common is the fuel. The problem with that theory, at least in my opinion, is that as they pushed up the power to go down the runway, they would have had the indications of a sputtering engine if the fuel had been contaminated. There's no indication that they did. They rolled down the runway and I'll show you that video in a minute. They rotate at the normal speed, they take a nose up attitude, which is really normal for that airplane at that speed. Everything else happens after that, so I don't think they lost power.
Speaker 12: On the engines.
Speaker 34: Now we could find out in a day or two that's exactly what happened, and that's what caused the loss of lift. But that's theory number one. Theory number two is that they took off without the flaps out. They took up with flaps up. The problem with that and it would it would be indicative of the way the airplane kind of wallowed into the air and then came back down. The problem with that theory is this, they would have had to get through two complete checklists right and not put the flaps down. Because two checklists on that airplane, and they're electronic checklists, they're integral to the airplane. It's not like a paper checklist that you hold. So the airplane literally will not let you taxi out and take off with out the flaps deployed properly for that weight in that airport that you're at.
Speaker 5: He goes on to say that the black box is really going to be the way that we really know what actually happened. It's just a black box.
Speaker 6: Here's the mayday call that he had.
Speaker 5: Oh you found it nice.
Speaker 6: It says. It says may day no thrust, losing power, unable to lift, and it's the pilot had eighty two hundred hours of flying experience. He issued the may day call seconds before the crash. The co pilot had about eleven hundred hours of experience. It was reportedly about four hundred feet off the ground when both engines lost power. That's according to this Fox News story. But more will come out.
Speaker 5: And they're calling it the rarest of the rare plane crashes and man, what just a horrible tragedy it is.
Speaker 2: And it's the lone survivor.
Speaker 3: I just we got bits and pieces of his story.
Speaker 2: But when he gets out of the hospital, I want him to tell me the whole thing, the whole thing.
Speaker 6: Walk to the ambulance.
Speaker 3: And I didn't notice that throughout the pilot, former pilot with all kinds of expertise, that you were agreeing along.
Speaker 2: With him, like you knew that as well? Right? Uh is there?
Speaker 5: I do know a lot do you know a lot about this. Yeah, we're growing up in Texas. My best friend, we're back to. We're always back to. His dad flew for Southwest and he was a pilot too. We would ride in his single engine cessant all the time. I would ride with my but it was me and my buddy who was my age, and we would ride in.
Speaker 3: So your expertise to go along from he was like eight years old with this pilot about a seven eighty seven. You once were in a small plane that your friend's dad flew around.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and so y'all don't. Y'all don't. But he said, you know, it's not just one but two. Checking that's true.
Speaker 11: It's called a redundancy. It's called a redundancy.
Speaker 2: Of course, the pilot made his son quit hanging out with that orf. He got caught, So we'll we'll find out. There's people are saying software failure just because my.
Speaker 6: Text said somebody mighty, you'll read anything.
Speaker 3: I didn't say. That's what it is. Sometimes text nation, they'll get it. They will, of course. Now they'll be wrong too.
Speaker 5: Yes, it's a random phone number. Of course they'll be wrong. Sometimes you guys take it like it's Captain Steve or something.
Speaker 11: And that's courtesy of Captain Steve on.
Speaker 2: A lot of ease there. Yes, we'll be back.
Speaker 11: Not to be confused with Captain ste So we'll have.
Speaker 2: To wait and see. We'll have to wait and see, uh, and we'll get the information. The black box will tell us, hopefully everything you need to know. But a sad day, we'll be back.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show, only in America. Could these four men do this for a living God bless America. This is the week.
Speaker 2: Thank you America for being with us today. Simplysafe dot com slash big box boyd. There is just no safe like this way ahead, their innovations far out in front. It's not a secretariat at the Belmont, not even close by the way that anniversary was this week.
Speaker 3: So anyway, if you are looking to be more secure because this face. When you've got a simply safe system, you're not just you know, when you get ready to lock down, you're also unlocking piece peace of mind knowing that your property is safe, it is being monitored in real time. Let me tell you something that this new active Guard outdoor protection, what an innovation, groundbreaking, groundbreaking, live monitoring agents. They're watching the property in real time. If there's a problem, Hey, what you doing here? Are you supposed to be here? They stop it before it ever starts. Say there's a fire, they will go ahead a contact to the fire department. There's a medical emergency on the property. Hey, maybe you don't know it, but you've got some sort of carbon monoxide leak. They would know that you got a flood. You gotta pipe this burst. It's all getting help there in real time. So if you would like to find out more, we're gonna get you fifty percent off your new system. It's simplysafe dot com slash big vox. There's no safe like simplysafe dot Com slash big vox Safe. Time for a Burgess Ball battle. Here they are in the box seats. They are eleven people strong.
Speaker 12: Today.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of them, but only two.
Speaker 3: Only two will face each other at the Burgess ball courts for the Burgess Ball battle. The winner goes to the wheel with decisions to make speedy. Tell us who's coming to the court.
Speaker 6: All right, Drew Paul Ross, Paul Ross.
Speaker 3: There's Paul Paul here you go, come on, Paul fired up, got his Buffalo Bill's had on.
Speaker 2: Emily Thompson. Emily Thompson, you're yeah.
Speaker 12: Here we go.
Speaker 2: Yep, they be trash talking. Yeah to the court, they go, don't be scared, don't be scared. All right, here we go.
Speaker 6: We got two lanes, got thirty seconds, first twenty seconds, it's two points. Last ten seconds it counts as three. So don't give up. We've had some folks come back and win. Actually, okay, so get ready and then we'll start this puppy in just a second. Hold on, just a second. Oh, we had a little malfunction, Greg, you used it last.
Speaker 2: That's thanks Greg. Yeah, thanks buddy. Let's see here.
Speaker 6: Let's turn it off nowhere near here we go. We'll get this in Gore. Y'all nervous a little bit. Don't be nervous.
Speaker 29: I've played this before, so I'm not too confident. But I don't feel nervous yet.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, Paul, No, I'm wild and I can't play basketball.
Speaker 6: Okay, all right, we'll good.
Speaker 2: Here we go. All right, here we go. Let's see here wait, wait, wait and and go.
Speaker 14: There we go.
Speaker 2: Here we go, there we go.
Speaker 14: All right.
Speaker 6: We got Emily and Paul going head to head. Emily has scored two. It is two to two. Paul is now going with the granny shot. It is six to two Paul, six to four Paul. Emily is shooting. She's all over the place, hanging there, Emily. It's eight to four, eight to six.
Speaker 2: Emily's coming back.
Speaker 6: We have twelve seconds left. It's twelve, fourteen to eight. Paul over Emily. It's now seventeen to ten. Paul is five seconds left. Here we go twenty to ten, twenty three to ten, Paul over Emily, twenty six to ten.
Speaker 2: It's twenty six thirteen.
Speaker 6: That's the final crazy twenty six thirteen.
Speaker 2: Paul ross over Emily. Oh, Paul, Emily, you have to spind.
Speaker 3: You gotta spin. Emily has stand by. We're gonna put lights on the wheel. It's now time for the the wheel of bundles, bits and bucks.
Speaker 2: What will it be?
Speaker 23: So?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: So the first thing, so Emily, this spin, because you did lose, and we give losers nothing on this program. That means you're gonna spend and all you're really doing is thinking about what maybe you could have won. Now, now, Paul, this means that you will now have to look at what she spends and make a decision. Do I just keep with the loser spun take it away from them, or do I take my own chances and see if I can spend something even better.
Speaker 2: All right, so Emily, you're up first. Let's let's see where it was. You got to say it's not well to me because you lost. It's not well to me. You have to scream it like loud, it's not well to me.
Speaker 12: Because you lost.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's all right, let's sit there and spend for Paul. I really believe if she'd stay calmer, I believe. I believe the pressure got to her a little bit. Look at this, Look at this, Look at this, Look at that.
Speaker 2: You don't even have to do You don't even get taxed on that. So, Paul, do you want to try to spend a thousand? Are you gonna keep that five hundred?
Speaker 12: Family?
Speaker 2: You got nothing? Well, you really are white? You aren't white. He's got the Trump dance going.
Speaker 3: I've never seen a case of caucasion quite like that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought for a minute he was having some sort of seizure.
Speaker 3: Last Yeah, that's the first time the loser has spun money.
Speaker 6: Well, that reminded me of the all right, the Trump Dance. No, I'm trying to keep on going. Okay, Uh did you see Trump do the Trump dance in front of all of the soldiers sadly, yes, yeah, and they all just went nuts because they were waiting on him to start.
Speaker 2: I love the fact that he keeps saying that Maloney tells him not to do.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like I'm gonna get in trouble for doing it. And Paul, that reminded me of him. So okay about that, buddy.
Speaker 2: All said, I've got five hundred dollars. I got five five hundred dollars, Thank you, Emily, Emily, Okay, okay, it's all right.
Speaker 3: You can have one of them cookies. Yeah, on that ride back to Hattiesburg. It'll eventually go away. Yeah, it's gonna stay wea you for a while. Okay, hurt.
Speaker 5: And autographed black and white coming your way.
Speaker 2: You didn't completely lose total loss. I'm gonna get an autograph picture from these folks.
Speaker 12: Yeah, that's priceless.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you can't put a price on that, of course, bos said, didn't put the price on this about five hundred buck.
Speaker 6: It is the first time that's happened. It's so awkward.
Speaker 2: Okay, I didn't want to say that I'm going for a thousand. Gosh, I didn't know how I got to know, get back up on the wheel I got. Yeah, I'll just spend it one more time. I didn't care. You got you five hundred. Nobody's taking it from you. I just I just want to know I spend it.
Speaker 3: Let's see, I have to know if he lands on the thousand, let's see what would have happened.
Speaker 2: Let's see what would have happened.
Speaker 5: Good spin, a good spand by the way, spin okay, slowing down, you can marry.
Speaker 3: If it hits a thousand, Okay, all right, you would have you would have got some merch that's not bad almost dj Rick, all right, so you you would have got some merch not worth, not worth as much as out there. You'd have to get a lot of merch to get to five ho old?
Speaker 8: Are you? Emily?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Twenty? She looks at the college student age five hundred.
Speaker 5: Really would have probably even have five hundred bucks in her name?
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh, thank you having Yeah, I would.
Speaker 11: Have doubled her.
Speaker 2: She may be a hard working lady.
Speaker 11: Or I would have doubled her right there.
Speaker 6: No, last time we saw Emily was at Singer Theater.
Speaker 3: No, no, No, this family she was there to she was Yah, they were all at that theater when we hit that chandelier.
Speaker 16: Yep.
Speaker 2: And they'll probably talk about one to interview him here in just a minute. Yep.
Speaker 3: And when I asked them how they get the show now, he said, well, we have to be podcast our people now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, thanks thanks for that, because the owners ripped us all this.
Speaker 3: Thanks thanks for taking our affiliate right as glass was falling, our affiliate was falling with it.
Speaker 2: Yes, and it had been with us a long time. Yes, they had a very long time. I still think his wife talked him into it.
Speaker 12: All right, let's come back.
Speaker 2: We come back. We'll interview the box seats and we'll get to know them a little bit better. When then we make dreams come true.
Speaker 1: Right after this, this is the Rick Burgess Show. In order to truly benefit from this show, you must have a sense of humor, So like Nup Francis and enjoy the Rig Burchie Show.
Speaker 2: Here we go, We're back. The people get a chance at the big Boy microphone. Let's get dug blue. Let's get Boom and Dounky here.
Speaker 12: The dogs are roaching.
Speaker 8: Doug.
Speaker 2: Where are you from, buddy, lake View, Alabama? Lake View, Alabama? Greg, you have an idea where that is?
Speaker 3: I do not, and I were lake View Baptist Church. He is, that's not the same so in Oxford, yes it is? Greg Well said, uh no, it's actually you sit on the Tuscaloosa.
Speaker 2: Jefferson County line. They got a view of a lake. They probably do them. So, Doug, any questions or shout outs, I don't have a chat up. I got a bone to pick with you. I'm going to say you. Oh yeah, me too. You announced that the old show was ending on my birthday. Oh, but we gave you the gift. We gave you the gift to the new show. But if if there's ever a trivia question, when was the day that it was you?
Speaker 3: It was on Doug blues birthday. Well, thank you for being here and thank you for giving this show a chance as well. Yeah, and you got you can still hear Bubba on the lake. You said, it's all out there, listened to both, enjoyed it all. You have the best, you got the best up podcast on the weekend. You got this new you got, the new, you got the old, you got it all exactly. So really happy birthday. Thank you, Thank you man, thanks for being here with us today. I know you what what what you got?
Speaker 5: Next?
Speaker 3: Just go see Yesting and Amy Baker. Yep, yeah, all right, shall tell the audio where you guys are from?
Speaker 5: Douglas, Alabama, Alabama.
Speaker 3: When they first said Douglas, I made the mistake of saying Georgia. But there is a Douglas, Alabama, and it's up there in our old stomping grounds up there on saying Mountain Marshall County.
Speaker 2: If that was oh really, yeah, how about that?
Speaker 3: So, so you guys have any questions or shout outs?
Speaker 2: How long you have been married?
Speaker 5: Sixteen years?
Speaker 2: Sixteen years, sixteen? Thank you for the chocolate chip cookies.
Speaker 24: Hope you enjoy it.
Speaker 2: What I like is I like? I like the big cookies and the chocolate chips are big. Yeah, he likes big cookies and he cannot like.
Speaker 5: Thank you so much, Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 12: Yes, I thought you did it on.
Speaker 2: Perfect, but you're gonna make God sad. He says, it is odd. I don't say.
Speaker 5: I thought you were joking around. That one was so bad.
Speaker 2: Okay, buddy, he went over and said, this cookie is so good.
Speaker 6: Thank you Amy, thank you there, it is so bad.
Speaker 3: So if you got things to do around this way today? Are you came here especially for us?
Speaker 2: For you? Okay? Thank you very much? Forced too to come? Yeah? Are you as in the loop as he is?
Speaker 22: No?
Speaker 2: No, not really? Did you be grudgingly come to learn? You begrudgingly came here?
Speaker 17: No?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 12: Still cook you sure that's a good thing.
Speaker 2: Well, but he might have talked to you into that it's good. Yeah, thank you. Oh that's good.
Speaker 3: That's a good wife. Well, thank you both for being here. You guys have been a blessing already.
Speaker 5: Do you want to hear speed to say thank you?
Speaker 12: Stopping?
Speaker 2: Tell tell them than you put your headphones on playing it? Can she? Can you hear this?
Speaker 6: I didn't say?
Speaker 2: Did I say it right? Sixteen? Thank you for the.
Speaker 6: By the way you did something you did, something you did.
Speaker 2: This is like a good night Look at that moment.
Speaker 11: That's really.
Speaker 2: I you were playing around.
Speaker 5: I'm not editing a single thing, I'm not touching on and let it, let it run.
Speaker 11: Listen because this is the real clip. I did not touch a single thing. I just backed it up on.
Speaker 2: YouTube questions or shout out how you got to marry sixteen years? Sixteen years? Sixteen? Thank you for.
Speaker 5: It's thought he did something I didn't.
Speaker 2: I didn't. I heard it for the first time yesterday. But we're talking about Amy and we're talking about Dustin.
Speaker 35: Okay, thank you, thank you, thank you so much. Yeah, I washed his mouth.
Speaker 20: He went.
Speaker 12: Here, it comes to the palace and here we go.
Speaker 18: Come on, come on, oh look at this fine Kate here.
Speaker 2: All right, kayln Caitlyn beat me in burgess ball. I'm not happy. I wasn't very thankful of that.
Speaker 36: You were not so and your your veteran, no no show veteran, Yes, military military service.
Speaker 2: Thankful for your service. Thank you. So we're so thankful. Thankful. Yeah, so any shout out your questions.
Speaker 37: Yes, their mom my wife Becky. Actually she's working today, which is the reason Paul Ross is here.
Speaker 2: Oh you five hundred. If your wife could have gotten here, he'd never been here.
Speaker 37: Oh you ticket work with Paul. He's a good friend of min Nun for years. He's a nice guy. So okay, he owes you.
Speaker 6: So the kids and my wife last night made that Buffalo Chicken dip.
Speaker 37: Credit for it, So I'll probably get in trouble for saying that you got to take credit.
Speaker 2: She made that some good stuff. They got to shout out, had.
Speaker 3: Kaitlyn, I know you want to say something. I see you bouncing like a little jelly bean.
Speaker 2: Being ricked.
Speaker 29: I shot up to my mom, my best friend Olivia, and my friend Harlow.
Speaker 2: That's very nice about you, buddy. What about James?
Speaker 18: Hi fired up man, Thank you for being here, Thanks for the Delicten, Hey help, there comes fall Ross, there comes Paul.
Speaker 3: Thanks. Oh you got five hundred bucks.
Speaker 5: I've always and.
Speaker 2: More money the money so so. But you're a Buffalo Bills fan. Oh yeah, how did that have since I was a kid like Josh Allen? So you went there those four years and row? Oh yeah, I was pulling for him too.
Speaker 23: I was pulling if they were to whiten the go post that next year like we did before.
Speaker 2: Ye and would that's all? Paul? I know you're I know you're very thankful for what we're doing. Oh yeah, I'm thankful. Any questions or shoutouts, just shout outing for friends back at home and go bearcats, go bells in row time ring fall off the time and he's got some money on to the Thompson family. Here we go, Richard, hear me, come here. They all come a little bit scarred by the twentieth anniversary tour back in the wint never been nowhere days we long ago? Was that ten years? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Greg, since we ended the show with thirty one years?
Speaker 2: About about at about loving you? How about that out?
Speaker 27: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So you guys were there who would like to step forward to the big boy min can speak on it. I know you're a little put out with this right now, and I understand that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you were there though, right, yeah, tell us about it? Step up? What happened? You were there?
Speaker 29: Traumatizing? I have nightmares about it to just the glass falling and people bleeding, and it's just she's not joking. I mean, yeah, it lives in my mind all the time.
Speaker 2: You weren't going to theater now for nothing?
Speaker 29: Scared start having flashbacks?
Speaker 2: You you had to go in there for a pageant, back into that place.
Speaker 3: I'm so sorry. I should have been a pleasant experiences onless.
Speaker 29: It's not going back to see John Chris there too, So more flashbacks or you're going.
Speaker 2: Wow, I bet. I bet you every time you ask your parents. We didn't get seats under that chandelier, did we? Because you guys were way up front. Y'all said, right, so the glass was behind you? Yeah, it wasn't if I can see. Don't show it again. Now there it is.
Speaker 29: We're probably behind you.
Speaker 2: I had just showed Rick to crank the pressure up.
Speaker 11: Yeah, where we're all.
Speaker 5: We're all like in the area where glass fell on people around.
Speaker 29: We were in the front and like the corner behind Rick.
Speaker 2: Right over here.
Speaker 26: It is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, I said that that one. Oh man, there's class amount falling.
Speaker 2: O my god.
Speaker 6: That was not good. That is not good.
Speaker 11: That's bad for business.
Speaker 2: It is I don't even like living that. But chandelier was a gift from Germany or something.
Speaker 5: That is fixed.
Speaker 29: It looks the same, it's.
Speaker 2: Fixed because I had I had event insurance. We fixed that. It's great. By the way, event insurance worth every time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, I'm very thankful of that.
Speaker 12: Greg.
Speaker 2: I knew it was a gift from Germany because I read that in all the articles. You've never written about it. Anybody else from the Thompsons with questions or shout outs. Job you need a job. I currently work at Disney and Orlando right now. Last night just for do you dress?
Speaker 21: Job?
Speaker 2: That's a job. What do you do, mama? What Tower of Terror? He works at?
Speaker 1: Tower of Terror?
Speaker 2: He works at? Yes, it is.
Speaker 12: How old are you?
Speaker 2: Funny?
Speaker 9: One?
Speaker 12: There you go?
Speaker 21: But you never know.
Speaker 2: Look at this high he might get to get be goofy.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 11: He working, He's working his way up to goofy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Mama, it's it's a job. You ever get tired of seeing a bunch of Asian people all day? Every time? I'm William I'm just curious.
Speaker 12: I'm just gonna keep.
Speaker 2: My mouth shut. Good idea. The last time I went, I said, this was like to feel like you're seven ft tall?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 11: But I need to I need to go just so I feel big.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Do you know laur.
Speaker 6: Needs shot up their?
Speaker 2: Okay, but he's a lot of employs there.
Speaker 12: Works there.
Speaker 11: Yeah, this is this is a thousand people.
Speaker 2: Listen. This is like when the guy in Ireland asked me if I knew some people from Oklahoma.
Speaker 12: Yea, he worked there, but I didn't know he works there.
Speaker 2: Williams is here from Oklahoma? Do you know them? I didn't work.
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 2: So on your resume works tower of terror. Other people just thinking about hiring you.
Speaker 5: But he has an I T graphic I T graphic.
Speaker 2: And stepping in? Yeah okay, anything else? Would he know?
Speaker 12: Where?
Speaker 2: Get jerem me a job? Okay? Emily stealing therapy?
Speaker 12: What else?
Speaker 29: Shout out to my boyfriend who's at home taking care of my sweet cat, mingo.
Speaker 2: Oh like, oh we got a little bit of cats don't need taking care of. Are you gonna have a good father's do? Are you gonna take care of this man?
Speaker 9: This was?
Speaker 25: This is?
Speaker 2: This is it?
Speaker 5: This is I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry I let down. Yeah you are. You would not have you would have got it? What'sank?
Speaker 3: Y'all for being here, and thanks for supporting what we do and I appreciate y'all.
Speaker 2: Jeremy, it's all right, it's fine. I said. Any new laws I didn't know? Yeah, how many employees n't know? That's why I are.
Speaker 5: That's like when I worked at the Harley shop and the bike that comes in asks the black guy if he knows the black guy that worked at a Harley shop across the country.
Speaker 2: That's a terrible comparison. That's not what I meant there's nothing, I thought.
Speaker 12: Employ nowhere near it.
Speaker 6: Gracious, I thought maybe we Oh yeah, I know, there's no way, she said, Shine.
Speaker 2: I'm just said no, I know. If they have like a Tiger Family County Fair, it's a big place. We'll be right back, stay closer.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. America sleeps well every night just knowing these four men are on the air the week show.
Speaker 3: Thanks for being with US America and what wa to run there through the vox seats. A lot of action there.
Speaker 2: We do want to thank our money winner today, five hundred dollars for Paul Ross winning the Burgess ball battle and then the loser spending five hundred dollars for him.
Speaker 27: Uh.
Speaker 3: And he also brought us some really cool key change. Yes, and kind of a it looks kind of like a challenge coin, one of them does. Yeah, it'sated from a three D printer. And this is really cool, the three D printer thing. Yeah, Greg, you' getting enough over their buddy, you're good enjoying you dip my friend.
Speaker 2: The seventy seven thousand employees at Disney. I just just say I apologize for that, buddy. He was serious. Yeah, Yeah, that was She's kind of a big deal there.
Speaker 11: We don't know what does she do? Is she like snow the Princess.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you where she don't work, and that's the Tower of Terror. So anyway, Paul, thanks for these key change in these. YEA three D printer scares me a little bit, y'all.
Speaker 11: Look he three three D printed our faces.
Speaker 2: Have you ever seen that one? Build a house?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I don't like it. That weird?
Speaker 3: Scared Greg? Will you put for your face? You know what that looks Likeler? It looks like it looks like Hans Solo when he's trapped in that stuff. I'm frozen in carbon ight.
Speaker 2: It does I loves like out out of the studio. Okay, I'll tell you in a minute.
Speaker 6: He put a planet up for your face?
Speaker 11: Which planet?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I kept looking at Greg and I said, man, looks like somebody's butt. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So all right, So speaking speaking of because you brought it up, because I know you're really well versed on Disney Disney Snow White. Yeah, the numbers are in. You know, the remake went south, no matter how much the Left tried to embrace it and everybody tried to guilty into going to it like they were. Of course, instead of just giving us a children's movie that we all could enjoy, now they have to take it and turn it into all these bizarre you know, movements and appeasing this and appeasing that. Right, and let me tell you how that works. As we've said a thousand times a thousand times, when you take a business plan that was and the idea was given to you while you listen to people who live in a fake world, it will be a disaster in the real world. Snow White Disney's worse performing live action remake in nearly a decade. It was it was problem. It was a bomb.
Speaker 2: You remember, at first you had the little people mad because regular sized people were playing the dwarfs, and we knew that was kind. So then the guy said, well, the heck, we ain't doing that. They and they computer generated the dwarfs. Right, yep, maron it. We'll go to you on this. No, don't care.
Speaker 31: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Would everybody like to know how much Disney's lost on this baby? I know to them it's chump change. Uh, So here's how much it costs to make it. Four hundred and ten million.
Speaker 2: Okay, it has earned that, It has earned worldwide two hundred and five million, So they've lost nearly two hundred million dollars. Well at dogs already write at two hundred minion.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so they're way towards three. It looks like so.
Speaker 2: But but but what if I were in charge of Disney. Of course it's hard to picture that. Of course I probably wouldn't have already met the go over at the Tower of Terror. But yeah, if I was in charge of Disney, first of all, I moved Jeremy up immediately. Yeah. Uh, in the company, but the top of the tower, I would sit down with I would get I would get everybody to sit down, and I would say I want I'd like for us to get back to something that we once did, and that is to entertain people and make lots of money. Yeah, and I don't know what we're doing right now, but it stops today. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Uh, we're gonna We're gonna provide family entertainment, which, by the way, has such a mass audience you could almost fall into gigins of dollars. The only way we can mess this up is by offending the families.
Speaker 2: Uh. And that seems to pe what we're doing, and they keep doing it.
Speaker 5: They did it with Star Wars. They did it with Snow White. That was the You know, these companies pay so so so many billions of dollars for IP. That's intellectual property, that's trademarks that stories like Star Wars and stories like Snow White. And time after time we see Disney just squandering. You got forty years of nostalgia for Star Wars.
Speaker 2: How can you mess that up? How can you mess that up?
Speaker 11: Yes, and they keep blowing it.
Speaker 3: And I know I'm leaving Disney right now, but it's still on the same topic. So when I was in Texas, when was that last weekend?
Speaker 2: Just last week traveling, traveling.
Speaker 3: I'm in Texas, a little tire because I think can sleep much. But I'm in Texas, and of course I'm around what farmers, lots of farmers. I'm in small town Texas, West Texas. You're either in the oil and gas or you're you're in as, you're farming, or you're doing that. And and I had a guess who was there at the event. Had Ha had his cap on, looks exactly the way you think he would the men that make America great. He was a John Deere dealer, and he was like they they killed me. He said, I got on the phone with John Deere and I'm like, do you not know our audience at all? He said, My phone was ringing off the hook, people gonna, you know, uh, turn the John Deere's in. When John Deere went woke and I'm thinking of all places, and like you said, how do you mess up family entertainment and the Star Wars franchise? How do you mess up tractors? You know, the only way you can this This has stood for so many things. It didn't stand for what they tried to do. And he said, look, I can speak to it. Try being a John Deere dealer in small town Texas and the company you do that to try to go walk on you. He said, it was a disaster.
Speaker 5: That's that'll hurt you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he said, it didn't nearly ruined me. And but that's just not thinking and what you what you can do. It's some of these We said this a lot of times.
Speaker 2: You don't have to offend anyone.
Speaker 3: Just don't do just just have a just sit there and say we sell tractors, and come get a tractor. No matter what your worldview is, Hey we're Disney. You want to be entertained. Come see us. You go, well, this is how our family set up. Okay, Greg, come on, you know you don't have to make a big statement either way.
Speaker 5: Just they changed snow White's name because she survived a snowstorm, not because her skin was white as snow.
Speaker 11: It's okay to have skin white of snow.
Speaker 2: It's not. It's not a big deal unless you put a tattoo on it and it looks really bad.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. Big bucks that are taking bud please them.
Speaker 31: The Rick Burgess Show with Steven we budgets, Edie Van, I'd love and Rick.
Speaker 2: And here we go another hour.
Speaker 3: Thank you for being with us America as we get you ready for Father's Day weekend. Happy Father's Day to all the dad's out there. I hope you have a great weekend. We'll kind of recamp a little bit of that on Monday. See how it went over the weekend. We got the gang all here as you just heard, for a brand new hour. Greg, we'll be leaving us a little bit early this hour because now sitting in the number one slot, Mom's favorite children. That's right, he'll be taking our mom. Sounds like it's an active day.
Speaker 12: We got a big day.
Speaker 2: You got a big jack got a doctor's appointment, of course, a little like a scheduled Uh, follow follow up.
Speaker 3: We'll follow up, okay, so that'll be meaning let's go ahead right then we got to go by the drug store. Uh oh, prescriptions, got it. Then we're going to top it off with a trip to the grocery. So you will be going to the grocery store. Yeah, she wants me to take her, don't you. Oh she's made that clear because you rush her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he rushes her and I won't let her use coupons no or bogo oh the Bible and get one free section.
Speaker 3: Come on, mom, let's keep moving. I don't want to move there. And then, do you remember the thing that got me when I got fired? She said that I pressured her so much. You picked the wrong peanut, wrong panuts. You're pressured her into it.
Speaker 2: She got home realized that's not the ones I even like course I had to grab something.
Speaker 3: RIP was pressuring me. I wasn't pressuring her. I think, do you see how I did this last time? Because you remember I got I mean she didn't want me to take her. I think she she didn't have a choice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she said it was better, and she's she's got great right better, not great better. So she's got her favorite today going to the grocery store. He's got a full time he so he should be good boy. You ready to go?
Speaker 8: Tell you?
Speaker 2: Does she critique herse driving at all? Of course she does does mine. She likes to tell me what where? I know which way is the best way? She gets that from Dad. Cut through here, she's I'm good.
Speaker 6: Do y'all go okay and do what she says.
Speaker 3: Or just I think all the all the all the years, all the years of having dad in our life, you know, well, Father's day coming up. I don't recall a time that he wrote shotgun, which he didn't want to do. No, he'd read to take his own truck. But if he wrote shotgun, I don't think there was ever a time he said, hey, I like the way you're going. Never, I mean, it was always.
Speaker 2: Is this the way you can go? Yeah? Or so you're not gonna take County Rode fourteen? No, sir, I thought i'd stay on the interested. I don't know about that. If you're going to his approved way, even though you knew how to go he thought he had to tell you every turn you're gonna get and turned right down here. Oh yeah, I ain't done this about fifty times.
Speaker 3: Yeah right yeah, Well back said you drive a big time and and you know, as Andy Andrews taught me to say, it's in the book, the Story of the GPS.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolute true story. And and he just said things that you can't refute. Yeah, he just by I still have it.
Speaker 3: It's in My mom found it when he passed and we were getting clean all his stuff that GPS had never been taking out of the box. He still had it if he didn't throw it away. And I guess he thought, well, since Rick gave me this, because his original plan was to go and get the money back for it and go get him something else. And why did he not want a GPS? Because he said, who goes somewhere they don't know where they're going.
Speaker 5: I always know where I'm going.
Speaker 3: Why do I need I didn't even know how to argue with that. So people go places they don't know where they're going. Why would you need this? I don't go anywhere. ELT know where I'm going. Okay, thanks dad.
Speaker 12: Thanks Dad.
Speaker 2: Not only knew where he was going. He had a pretty good idea where you should go. Yeah, it is, I have not.
Speaker 6: I have noticed even with boys that are growing up in the GPS age, you know where everything depending on turn left here or whatever. Back in the day, you did look around, you saw landmarks, you saw signs, roads, sign Now you just dependent on you know, turn left, turn right. You don't really pay attention.
Speaker 2: Nobody knows how to get anywhere without that thing. Do you know what? I still struggle.
Speaker 3: Then it drives my wife crazy, but she's always there to help me. Can I can I tell you the one that I still struggle with. When it gets down to feet and one thousand feet turn right, I'm always like, is this.
Speaker 2: A thousand feet? Yeah? You know, and it's and Shure goes, look at the map, stay with it. I'll turn early. You panic, turn early, he.
Speaker 3: Gets you know why her feet is that about five hundred feet? Where's the blue? You don't watch the blue? Well, that's what Cherry said. Why did you to watch the line? I said, no, I'm just guessing. I'm listening for I'm voice activated.
Speaker 2: I can't. I can't take my eyes off of the road and look at that you She goes, you're supposed to watch the line. It stops where you're turning. Don't you wish the forte D fifty feet? I got no idea how far? Three? And few times I agree if the boys came on, oh my goodness, you'd turn too early. Well, re routing. I don't need that. Cherry does that. Yeah, that's a good point, right, Jewelry routed me really? Oh yeah?
Speaker 3: And then, like like we said before, that's reason why I like having a GPS, because the days before the GPS is And I've said this before, I've never met a human being that can be more confidently wrong than Sherry. She sounds so convincing. It their exit right here. Okay, oh, that's not it, I said, I said, I said, and you just said you were so confident. I mean, it's like I thought you had lived here and I didn't know about it, you know, she said, No, I don't.
Speaker 2: That's not it. Why are you going here? Because you said too?
Speaker 6: If copilot Terry, if she if she has the directions instead, she likes to play this game instead of he's just hit and go, she likes to zoom in and go. Okay, I think you're going to take a right, I could just hit go right, just hit go, and it'll tell us. She likes to play the game of zooming in and going. So I think you're it's going to be right here. No no, no, no, wait, wait right, just hit go.
Speaker 5: Yes, they like to be the keeper of the GPS. Don't tell me, don't tell me. Just just put it up here, just put to see it.
Speaker 2: I'll be good with that.
Speaker 5: That way, I can glance. I can glance.
Speaker 11: I can glance.
Speaker 5: I don't have to the whole ride being like, well, how far do I have now? How far do I have now until the turn gotten?
Speaker 10: Now?
Speaker 11: Just unleash it.
Speaker 3: I think if Cherry could have her away, she would mute the person and she and she would become the voice.
Speaker 5: Do you all use the voice?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I don't use the voice.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I just use the visual.
Speaker 3: I would rather use the voice. Lisa is not bad about which is why I can't figure out.
Speaker 5: Direct how far it is it cuts off your podcast, your music. I'm rocking out to Pantera. I don't want to hear turn left at their light. Well, but then that much you have it back, it'll mess up the breakdown.
Speaker 2: So your voice guy has overbox. Yeah, what's that about. My problem is Lisa's not bad in the directions. It's she thinks I'm running up on people and I'm hitting mailboxes. Yeah, And I'm like, I make it fine. I drive pretty far to work. I don't know if y'all know that, and I do it every day you get without her in there. You ever gave you that speech? Yeah, didn't go well, No, it doesn't silent treat speaking after it for about a good hour, Cherry has forbidden me to ever say nineteen eighty again. I got a driver's license in nineteen eighty? Why do you? And you said, Sherry, does it too a scream like you're facing the hat and it scares me, like I've done run over something I haven't And I'm like, what, you're all over these people? Yeah, she does the same, and they're running up on the back of everybody. And that that sometimes that was a direction, a direction we got turned around. She was gonna know, I'll help you, and I'm like, what, I don't know what that is? Structing is she acts like every mailbox I go by that I'm almost going to hit it. It's just something about mailbox I can't stand away from mineus eighteen wheelers, Sherry, I think, thanks, I have a desire to ride underneath the eighteen wheeler.
Speaker 3: Just get on past this. Maybe I can't get past you. Right now, there's someone in front of it. We don't get up all over them, but get past this.
Speaker 2: The worst thing eighteen wheeler on the I twenty bridge.
Speaker 5: They're they're clawing at the handle, leaning and crawling at the same time.
Speaker 2: Terry's worst's rain. Yeah, my gosh, I'm going twenty I look. I fully expect to be I put, I fully expect to be arrested. I said, baby, you gonna think people think I've abducted you. Stop hollering at people, and I'll tell you now that I decide if it's not a big rain, just a little intermitt and stuff. I decide when I cleared the windshield, it doesn't matter what it looks like. I'm you, you need to clear the windshield. I don't want to yet I can't see nothing.
Speaker 3: I said, you're not driving, by the way, Greg Sherry is the opposite. Why do you have to winshold wipers? Don't turn them off?
Speaker 2: But so I can see no laden She wants some.
Speaker 5: Got to fight with my grandma about the windshield wipers. She kept telling me, She kept telling me, She kept at it that I needed to.
Speaker 11: Run those windshield wipers.
Speaker 5: I said, if you tell me the one of the baschol wifers one more time, and we're gonna have a problem. And got to my grandma, my grandma, do you have to apologize? She should have.
Speaker 12: She kept on, Look what you made me do. Let me tell you something, my moll, You're not about to have a problem.
Speaker 2: You weren't in your van.
Speaker 5: Were we were in the van. She's riding shot in the van. I said, don't tell me how to ride this sweep. Okay, I'm just kidding.
Speaker 2: I didn't add that part, all right, but you did. Did you get stern with your grandmother?
Speaker 11: I had to get stern with my grandma. She kept saying it. She kept on, she should not know. Grand not done that.
Speaker 3: Listen, Grandma, the cookies were fabulous, but they weren't that good.
Speaker 5: So that was my bad. So Greg, nobody yell at least of the way I yelled at my grandma.
Speaker 12: By the way, no.
Speaker 2: One hollers at your grandmother. You say, yes, ma'am.
Speaker 11: I still bring it up.
Speaker 5: Aaron says, you didn't yell at your grandma, was like, well it raise my voice.
Speaker 1: He's the Rick Burgess Show. We talked to the public every day and trust us, you should be gravely concerned the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: But here we go, America. Thank you for being with us today.
Speaker 3: Much to cover still left in the show.
Speaker 2: And then we send you into the weekend. A couple of things.
Speaker 3: Over the weekend, you can go catch up on all the episodes of Strange Encounters.
Speaker 2: The new podcasts.
Speaker 3: Don't have a new one this weekend, but if you haven't caught up on the other four you can tell us from the camp House five episodes there if you're behind, go grab those over the weekend. Now when you talk about new, brand new episode of Rick and Bubba's Greatest Hits in Radio Gold that will be coming out this weekend, episode twenty two, so if you want to carry that on the road going to see Dad, you can do that. And of course all the daily archives of the Rick Burgess Show available and the latest Wednesday Bible Study also available. Ad we were talking about vehicles, and of course when we left you you had screamed at your grandmother.
Speaker 5: And I elevated my voice just a little bit, and I apologize.
Speaker 2: Can I say something to you, buddy, I wish I had a grand yell.
Speaker 11: At well here we get Why would you yell at your grandma?
Speaker 2: I wouldn't that means that what she was here?
Speaker 5: Oh okay, because the way it sounded was you wish you could yell at your grandma.
Speaker 2: How that sounds. What that means is you should not be mean to your grandmother because one day she'll be gone.
Speaker 11: No, you're right, You're right.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's what That's what I'm saying about. And that was my grandmothers are in heaven.
Speaker 19: Now.
Speaker 11: See this was three years ago. I still feel bad about it.
Speaker 3: And you know what, there's a lot of times I about to step in say don't beat yourself up.
Speaker 2: I would say, beat yourself up about this.
Speaker 5: That was the wrong thing to do, all.
Speaker 3: Right, So you had one more thing you were going to say dealing with automobiles before we move on.
Speaker 11: And we've talked about the left lane all a bunch.
Speaker 2: Don't understand it, never can solve it, but keep trying.
Speaker 5: What I don't understand is people that are in Sedan's I'm not talking about trucks where you got some height off the ground. I'm talking about in sedans, small low cars, and they park where they pull their tire all the way up to the curve. They stop when they feel the bump of the curve at the sidewalk or whatever it is, and they don't do they not realize that they're scraping up their bumper every time they park somewhere Stroy I see this everywhere. Every time I stop somewhere, there's at least one or two cars that are pulled all the way up.
Speaker 11: Their bumper is slide.
Speaker 5: Do you not hear the sliding of your bumper on the concrete? And then when you pull away, you're likely to pull your bumper off when you.
Speaker 11: Back back out.
Speaker 5: I was picking up some food with my kids, I guess maybe two or three weeks ago, and this young girl. I try not to I try not to talk to I try not to talk to girls. I try to talk to talk to women randomly in public.
Speaker 2: I know that they're thankful for that.
Speaker 5: I don't want to talk to them, and they don't want definitely don't want to talk to me. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: If they say you coming the way you normally dress they're thinking. They start screaming, I have no money.
Speaker 5: They start clutching their purse or whatever. Yeah, I look, I get it, so I try to. But the other day I had to yell at this.
Speaker 2: Girl, yell again. She grandmother and somebody's daughter.
Speaker 5: This girl looked like she was nineteen years old in a Maserati pulling up and she pulls up all the way to the curb at the sidewalk, and then something was going wrong with the with the convertible top. She's trying to close the hood. So she's for some reason backing up again and she's going back and forth, almost ripping.
Speaker 11: I go, I yelled at her, stop, stop.
Speaker 2: You shouldn't be involved in this. What's the male karen? What's that?
Speaker 6: What's that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? What is it? Ken? What's the male version of a Karen?
Speaker 5: I'm not that, I'm not that. I wouldn't know, but I go, stop, don't pull up so far?
Speaker 2: Are you?
Speaker 5: And then I left it at that and I walked away and she looked at me like, what are you talking about? You weird guy in a van. I'm like, well, I know, I'm a weird guy in a van.
Speaker 2: Why would you get involved in this? Why would you involve yourself.
Speaker 11: It's just you see it everywhere you go.
Speaker 5: And I guess people don't know they're ruining their Honda Civic or whatever it is.
Speaker 2: Are you okay now, Altima?
Speaker 12: Are there?
Speaker 11: Ultima?
Speaker 12: Yes?
Speaker 5: And while I'm at it, when you're walking in your neighborhod you're supposed to walk on the left side of the road.
Speaker 2: You don't have to throw that.
Speaker 5: I'm on the right, drive on the right, walk on the left. You know how why you have to look over your shoulder every two seconds because you the cars are bearing down on you. That's when you know you're walking on the wrong side of the road if there's not a sidewalk.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm done, You're good, done, all right, finished, Thank you buddy.
Speaker 6: You can see all right?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: Well, but while we're doing public service announcements, yes, and I guess adlers should be involved in this. Yeah, people, how many times we got to tell you all'll stay away from Buffalo's Well, I don't get it. How many times have we got to say this? How many more people have to be run over, thrown in the air, children, thrown in the air.
Speaker 2: I don't understand it. This is what pretty well understood, I thought, so here is a couple of video they shared of a tourist approaching a bison. Again. We were talking about that the other day while carrying a baby. Oh my, why carrying a baby.
Speaker 5: Close encountered Yellowstone National Park between a baby and a bison.
Speaker 28: It's leading to new warnings to sight of the dangers of getting too close to wildlife.
Speaker 17: And this after a tourist from New Jersey just yesterday was gored by a bison at the same park.
Speaker 34: Talker wins Jared dean it and joins us with more on the warning tonight and Jared, you spoke with a woman who took this video.
Speaker 17: Yeah, Robin. Jennifer Gunderson told me they couldn't believe their eyes when they saw people walking right up to the thousand pound animal in the park.
Speaker 38: We've been watching the turns of Yellowstone for the past couple of years. There's just no way people do this in person, and sure enough, we were witnessing it as live as life could be.
Speaker 17: It's an alarming sight happening more and more often, tourists walking right up to adult bison and other large animals in Yellowstone National Park. Rob and Jennifer Gunderson tell me they were celebrating their anniversary when they were visiting the park and captured this dangerous interaction.
Speaker 2: Shocking.
Speaker 38: Honestly, it was shocking.
Speaker 12: I didn't.
Speaker 38: I can understand if you want to go up and think you can get close to a bison, but to bring a small toddler.
Speaker 17: Thankfully, that family walked away unharmed, but that's not always the case. On Tuesday, a tourists from New Jersey was gored by a bison after he and others got too close to the animal. A said remind of the very real dangers of getting too close to large wildlife. According to Colorado Parks and Wildlife fights and can grow up to one thousand pounds and ten feet long. Parks recommends stay at least twenty five yards away and take in their beauty from a safe dist Yeah.
Speaker 5: That's a great idea.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but wow, but I want to be I want to ask my original question, are there people.
Speaker 2: That still don't know this?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: Evidently, are there people that I mean now more than ever, how many times we got say somebody gored, thrown in the air.
Speaker 2: You're right? Are the people? Are there people that still say, oh, didn't know you're supposed to not walk up to them. I mean, these people still exist.
Speaker 3: Right, they say it, that's how they say it, right, I don't know, dog, I mean you don't know that.
Speaker 6: Do you think everybody's just thinking, Oh not me? I'm fine, No, it's not me. If a bison has a limb on its forehead, oh my goodness, that means.
Speaker 2: That it's it's not it's not it's not happy. Look at this poor child. Yeah, I mean I wouldn't.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's no, I'm the opposite. I am the opposite. Of course, it'll be me. That's why I don't want to go towards them. I know it will be me. Yeah, I don't know whoever thinks that I won't be the one that gets today. I'm gonna go up to you know, a bison with a good disposition, right, Yeah? How do you even know that? How many of those even exist? How much to walk up to one, to walk up to one myself?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And had this happen, right, so I'm being thrown in the air. How much.
Speaker 3: It's gonna have to be enough money for me to say when I'm in the hospital, I don't care.
Speaker 11: I land on my feet like that little girl.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you're kind of banged up in ethne's broken.
Speaker 2: Just knock a little air out of it, right right, but you went flying.
Speaker 5: Okay, I have it on video because then I can monetize it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, do I come back. We talk about it on the show, and it's a huge bit two thousand oh. No, I got it more than that.
Speaker 2: No, I think. I think with me.
Speaker 3: You're probably talking ten gram.
Speaker 12: Just the wind knocked down me.
Speaker 2: But you don't know that under No.
Speaker 11: I do if it's a scenario where.
Speaker 2: I do know do but you just said I wouldn't be hurt. You're not hurt, but you didn't know that at the time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but the end result is you're not hurt, so you're okay.
Speaker 5: But I don't know it at the time of the money, but I don't okay. This is a real hard back to the future type scenario. It is like, am I gonna mess up the drop the past if I go to the future but you didn't know.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. Get on the show. No by calling one eight eight eighty six League Box.
Speaker 2: Let us go to the people on screen phone calls. Now, all right, America it's your term. We got the lines all open. We'll take these rapid fire for our last chance to visit with you via phones before the week comes to an end. So fire up here we go talkchin lines are available, and we'd love to hear from you a couple of things going on, just to kind of be sure you're aware of those. So as far as Father's Day is concerned.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow on Birmingham, Alabama at my home church, Vallydale Church, Jared Hudson speaking to our men for the breakfast. It's free if you want to join us. Starts at eight o'clock come tomorrow local time. They're at Vallelydale Church and then looking forward to next Saturday, Park Place Baptist Church, Pearl, Mississippi. They've completed a year of the men's discipleship strategy from the Manchurch dot Com and I have the honor of transitioning them into year two with their next gathering. If you want to join us, find that at Themanchurch dot com under events.
Speaker 6: Hey, if you see Larry or Carolyn, answer it. There's a panic above among the tubers that they're not they haven't been in the chat room today. They're not responding to messages and everybody's worried because they've gone dark.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you see him answer it. Look up there on text Nation. I thought we resolved that. All right, we continue. Hello, Rick Burgers show unscreen phone calls.
Speaker 19: Go ahead, Hey boys, it's Pemberton. Hey I wanted Adler.
Speaker 9: No, I am just nuts for a guy and a gee.
Speaker 2: At all right it pride mind is hard to get through it iss. Rick Birders show, unscreened phone calls. Go ahead.
Speaker 21: Good morning, gentlemen. I got two things for you to make it quick and get it over with.
Speaker 2: Greg.
Speaker 21: I'm a truck driver. I've got four point five million miles over the row with no tickets, no accidents, no nothing. Perfect. My wife Glover, she's a beautiful woman. She's had full Rex and probably six tickets and she's a better driver than me. So just good use of that.
Speaker 14: Rick.
Speaker 21: Yes, you meiled it last year at the end of the year when you guys were getting out of revelations with your Bible study. Yes, you were talking about Israel winning award that nobody can explain. Look at what's going on now. Yeah, true, America won World War two because we entered. They say we won that war. We weren't the only ones in that war, but we won that war. Israel engaging in things that nobody's gonna be able to explain how that little country that's no bigger New Jersey is doing what they're doing.
Speaker 3: That true good point, thanks man, both those good points. We continue, unscreen phone calls. Hello and welcome to the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: Go ahead.
Speaker 19: Yes, Rick Burgess, I am calling because your Carter warranty is running out and I would like to update that for you today. If you could just please tell me the make and model up your car.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's that Actually sounds like an actual phone call I got two days ago. Yeah, well done. We continue Rick Burgess Show. Unscreen phone calls. Hello, you're on the show.
Speaker 14: Go ahead, Hey, Rick, who's coming to the man Church deal in Perl? Is it this year or his point's coming to you?
Speaker 27: No?
Speaker 9: Just me?
Speaker 14: Okay, Well, I mean we'll offer it to you. Tell you the out and used to run the Chinese massage shop and the mall. They're out of business there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no thanks. That's awful kind of you, but no thanks. We continue Rick Burgess Show. Unscreen phone calls.
Speaker 2: Go ahead.
Speaker 8: Hey, good morning, gentlemen, This is path from Fort Walden Beach, Florida. How y'all doing this morning man?
Speaker 2: Where everything's well today?
Speaker 8: Doing well? Thank you? Quick question for you Rick, since the new format the new show, is there any scenario that you lose the beard? Now that you had the new logo and everything shows the beard? Rick Burgess, is there any scenario where you go back to no beard? You appreciate it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Thanks.
Speaker 3: You never say never, but of my limited knowledge of the future, I would say never. But again, sometimes you know, there's other the Lord has other plans. But for me, if it's my decision and I still, you know, have it, then I'm going to wear it. I shaved it one time after several years of the beard, and there's a story tied to the beard, but I won't get into that today. But Sherriet one time said, okay, you know, I think that's you.
Speaker 2: You had a good run. Why don't you just shave it?
Speaker 3: And and I did, and and just like the commercials you've seen, the kids freaked. I came walking in. She goes, oh my goodness, can you put that back on? I'm like, well, no, it's not that simple. She goesid it looks like we just defeathered a chicken. Uh and so I probably she likes it. You know it works. Uh So, as far as I'm concerned, I would say no. We continue Rick Birder's show. Unscreen phone calls, Go ahead, Hey, Rick.
Speaker 26: And the guys, Happy father the day weekend. You are correct on Collins from Jones County and I will say my name. But you are correct on why you all are not on the feil it here anymore because the chadelier and who made the call. And secondly, you said you wanted Cherry to have the voice control.
Speaker 12: On those on the app.
Speaker 26: Go to the ways app and in the settings she can record some of those commands in her own voice, so you will have her giving you directions in the way.
Speaker 3: You know what I say to that. Her birthday is August fifteenth. Happy birthday, baby. You get to tell me how to drive no matter where I am. Oh, what a birthday present. We continue. Hello, Welcome to the Rick Burgers Show. Unscreen phone calls, Go ahead.
Speaker 10: Hi, guys.
Speaker 9: It's too bad that mister T didn't make a Father's Day song.
Speaker 21: That would have been awesome.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, exactly right, father, there is no nather. What would you say, I don't know mother, no mother, there is no other that's true. That is great. Rick Burgers Show, unscreen phone calls, go ahead.
Speaker 22: It's the time, Landre. You're listening to the Rick Rick Murgas Show.
Speaker 2: That's really good. That's really good.
Speaker 3: Uh Hello, Rick Burgers Show, unscreen phone calls, go ahead.
Speaker 9: Hey Rick, I think your next book be real Men do not eat corn, dogs, bananas or mister chin.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you. You know what.
Speaker 3: I'm already thinking about what the theme will. That's funny. We continue. Welcome to the Rick Burgers Show. Unscreen phone calls go ahead, by uh, barely but good enough.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 28: You got a grown man taking a child yet along a toddler up to a wild animal like that he needs his rear end woolf. Do we need to start calling these people out of society? And when you get done whopping on him, you need to tell him that's what he gets for being a dumbass.
Speaker 2: All right here it is, Thank you Greg.
Speaker 3: Good, have Greg back. I'm starting to miss him. Yeah, Hi, Rick Burgers Show. Unscreen phone calls go ahead.
Speaker 21: Good morning, guys, how y'all doing?
Speaker 2: We're good?
Speaker 21: Good guys. I want to say a Happy Father's Day to all of you guys.
Speaker 9: Hey, wouldn't it be funny Rick, if you got home you ain't heard from Larry He's sitting in your driveway.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it'd be great funny. I'm not sure the word I would use, but shocking. Shocking would be it would be a word, uh, the uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, right, he got to confused.
Speaker 9: Instead of you coming to see him, he Saturday, they was gonna come see you and share it.
Speaker 3: You know, you'd have to immediately try to go to the silver lining. It would be you know what, I'm gonna have a lot of patches when he leaves. Yeah, you know, So that's it.
Speaker 2: Maybe I need to call him.
Speaker 3: Guys, can't can't, can't Larry and Caroline, Carolaryland Carolyn have a weekend to themselves.
Speaker 2: Can't they just not be engulfed in the show one day?
Speaker 6: Well, I don't know what's going on. I mean, they can't be found.
Speaker 3: Maybe they're maybe they're taking a break, Maybe they're upset that all of you aren't going what are you talking? Maybe they don't know, Hoby, I don't know. Uh we continue, John, Welcome to the Rick Burgers Show.
Speaker 2: Unscreen phone calls go.
Speaker 19: Hey, this is Becca. When are you gonna let me decorate your truck tires? I want to put some bells and whistles and all right.
Speaker 5: Oh I think you caught that at a perfect time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good job, right, thank you, buddy. Been that just a while. The you take a call from Larry, wouldn't you body? I would? Now? Yes?
Speaker 3: Uh, ken we get to July. I hate to waste a whole month, I really do, but I mean it's uh we we uh we continue. Welcome to the rick Burgers Show. Unscreen phone calls.
Speaker 9: Go ahead, man, I know y'all gonna get tired of minky'all in today, but I'm back.
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, no, we'd never get tired of your call. We're gonna have to start giving you a name? What mister exasperated? Maybe so if something go ahead?
Speaker 2: No breath.
Speaker 9: Oh, I just want y'all to know. I really appreciate what y'all do on that money. Will y'all really changing lives? I do miss at meat will, but uh the one day I get a chance to spend that money, will, if I get lucky enough, I'm gonna buy me and Greggs and take it to the local cropper's.
Speaker 2: Bull let me.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say this to you to find out how committed you are. Okay, if you leading no money, I'm just gonna give you meat.
Speaker 9: Oh.
Speaker 3: I just remember we said when we started the year, the only thing better than meat money. Yeah, we continue Rick Birder's show. Unscreen phone calls, go ahead.
Speaker 27: Oh yeah, I hope my husband's listening. He's a little upset because our anniversary is own father's day, so he doesn't know which to celebrate that.
Speaker 2: But you know what, it's pretty simple.
Speaker 3: Y'all could celebrate break both because what you would do in your anniversary, he's hoping you're gonna do a friend's day.
Speaker 2: I mean, I mean, I mean he can make all that work. That's not the bigger deal. That's not that's not a dilemma.
Speaker 5: You know, father today, it only comes once a year, so I make it real special.
Speaker 2: That's it. That's right.
Speaker 11: My anniversaries come you go, father David.
Speaker 5: That's only once you get right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just really a lot of people don't know that.
Speaker 3: I think he's willing to celebrate his anniversary as a father's day.
Speaker 2: Gift to all Right, we'll be back. Look at every every man in here's nod. I'll be right back.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. God Fearing and America love him. The Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: All right, we're back. Thanks for being with us today. All right.
Speaker 3: So apparently the chat rooms, the text nation emailers, they're worried about Larry Carolyn. So, I mean, even though they don't have to participate in the show every day on the chat found Okay, so call you can call her, I can call him.
Speaker 2: Just let's just make sure to do a health check, bill wellness check. Your call cannot be completed as styled.
Speaker 3: Oh do you think had a power outage or something? You think they've had some sort of storm there? Maybe maybe their powers out. Let's sit here one more time. That could have been operator error. Let's just make sure that.
Speaker 5: I mean, people take a day off right the internet.
Speaker 6: For this show.
Speaker 2: Everything's down, everything's down. You think that's there. They've got say they've had some sort of outage. One more time.
Speaker 3: I hope they have batteries. I could have handled that straight up. I hope they have some of those go top. So, okay, so that probably explains it. Some sort of technical malfunction.
Speaker 2: Uh, and they're not able to participate today. What if when you're over and they lost all power?
Speaker 11: There's no power out of just in Dublin. I looked it up.
Speaker 5: Do Dublin, Georgia has no power out of? Wow, y'all are jumping conclusion.
Speaker 2: Could it be maybe the phone lines are down? Phone line? Maybe they don't pay their bill.
Speaker 5: Okay, y'all jump into a lot of conclusions.
Speaker 2: Just throwing stuff out there. We're spitballing.
Speaker 6: Now, you got them not paying their bill.
Speaker 3: I just I mean, if you got to put that out, just happens when I'm over there.
Speaker 2: This can't happen. This can't happen.
Speaker 5: Well, last time they checked out for a couple of days. Don't forget Larry, you know, spilled coffee on his.
Speaker 2: But stop, it's not going to magically now work. You don't know that. I thought it would know, was it?
Speaker 6: I'm confused on.
Speaker 11: Maybe Larry's getting an early Father's Day President?
Speaker 2: Why would you Why did you paint that bit? Why would you do that to me?
Speaker 11: Or maybe their powers out?
Speaker 2: Why would you do that? Maybe both? I say in that case, could be both. If you working again, where's the hammerhet?
Speaker 6: I just well, you never know. Sometimes it goes through. No, this is his cell phone.
Speaker 2: Please stop.
Speaker 3: You think you know how many times he contacts the show a day. He would be wide open right now if he could. Larry's the only person I've seen that will call the show and if we don't answer, he'll text the show saying call me okay, now let me have your phone.
Speaker 2: I can't listen to the whole last segment.
Speaker 6: That one said something different. Did you hear that one sounded to exactly listen.
Speaker 2: The wondredless customer, you are calling wireless.
Speaker 6: That means it's off or something right, speedy. We had that six minutes ago.
Speaker 11: Hey, look, the phone's probably off.
Speaker 2: I think the internet's down.
Speaker 5: The lights are probably off, the phone is off, candles are lit.
Speaker 2: All right, you see you almost made Look.
Speaker 11: Their phone is off and they listen.
Speaker 5: Hey buddy, hey it's not working.
Speaker 2: Listen. As bad as that was, I had a patch joke that would have killed Yeah, but I'm not growth. I'm not gonna do it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, something's wrong. They can't be found. They're not online, the phone's not working. I think it's it's uh, the wireless provider is everywhere something I don't know.
Speaker 5: I think they're fine guys, they might have just taken a day off of watching the show.
Speaker 2: Heads up.
Speaker 3: Law enforcement agencies across the country are noting in this and all I can think of is I hope this isn't part of the story. H Law enforcement all over the country are noting an alarming crime trend of hidden cameras being placed in residents gardens and lawns around their house. Officials believe the hidden cameras are strategically placed so that they can give them insight into when to target a home when it is unoccupied. They keep finding people coming around your house putting these hidden cameras in.
Speaker 2: Oh, they're pattering your schedule.
Speaker 3: Medical experts worn big food is going to fight back against the ozimpic people by producing addictive items for sale. Ozimpic is breaking the food addiction cycle. But big Foods not just gonna lie down. According to Dark Doctor Mark Hyman, an internationally recognized advocate for functional medicine, in a recent Instagram post, for decades, the ultra processed foods have been engineered to hijack the brains we reward system, the addictive how you get that's how you get addicted to stuff. That bliss point and saying that now they're going to start making more food because they know the system is broken, and they're gonna start pushing new addictive foods they think will be so addictive. Ozimpic can't stop them.
Speaker 11: If you do that again, it's it's not working. It's not working.
Speaker 3: So RFK Junior is probably all over this, Adler. I know this is your area, but how about how about the ultra processed processed food industry not going down without a fire?
Speaker 2: No, you know you knew they were.
Speaker 12: Oh oh oh z.
Speaker 2: I got food? Okay, next, what what were you going to go? I've got this is. This is if you're.
Speaker 5: You're worried about this, this food addiction thing, try to just avoid high fruit toast, try to go hide fruittose corns. It takes your body so much more steps to break it down. It's not just it's not just sugar for sugar.
Speaker 6: It's a serious face. He's got this serious.
Speaker 3: When you bring up make your America healthy again, he gets a serious face.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, they're still not working.
Speaker 11: Okay, we knew that, we knew.
Speaker 2: We sometimes sometimes have you tried it and then all say it goes through?
Speaker 5: Well, fruit toase will make you actually feel hungry, so you'll eat, eat, eat, and then that fruit will actually add to your hunger.
Speaker 2: Now the other end of the spectrum.
Speaker 3: Only in our current society can these two headlines exist side by side. Low calorie diets are linked to surprising mental health effect.
Speaker 2: Low calorie diet.
Speaker 3: A low calorie diet could potentially lead to negative mental health. Oh now, these researchers are in Toronto, Canada, so probably were not as I mean, no offense to Canada, but it is right.
Speaker 2: So it's saying right now that they're noticing. When they did a test people who did not follow a specific diet versus those who had calorie restrictive diets, they notice, and all these were overweight individuals, they saw an increase in depressive symptoms and an increase in severity. And those that were on the low calorie diets versus those who were not. Hmm.
Speaker 3: Speaking as a large person that has struggled with weight and have been on this roller coaster, I think they're overthinking it that people don't get to eat.
Speaker 2: We get really down, yeah yeah, yeah, okay, get angry, all right, we get really really down. Yeah, that's it's it's tough on us. It's not easy. Part of it.
Speaker 3: Walmart has distanced itself from one of the heiresses because she has gone anti Trump. Well, you talk about not knowing your audience. If you wan't, Hey, look, we've got enough.
Speaker 2: Burning going on. You don't want Walmart people burning down Walmart.
Speaker 21: Uh.
Speaker 2: And and they're saying that that. They are all saying, hey, she's got her own thing, she's part of the family. This is uh. This is Christy Walton. She's being anti Trump and she's facing major backlash. Walmart says, don't blame us for her crazy there you go.
Speaker 5: They're taking out oh yeah, taking out ads and newspapers for that no King's protest.
Speaker 3: By the way, that tomorrow, the no kings thing tomorrow is the most ridiculous. Some of you don't understand what a king is. And in a republic there are are no kings. If Trump was a king, he wouldn't have such a hard time getting everything done that he wants to get done. If he's a king, he's not a very good one, you know. And you're being silly and dramatic, which is going on top of the hour.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show.