Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: I'm Carol Messer along at TIMP Stanwick. Let's get to some stocks on the move here to do that with us as Bloomberg TV Market's corisponditt Normal Linda, she's in the house, all right. We got sacks on the move to the upside downside. As always in a market, a lot going on.
Speaker 4: I want to take a look at the consumer space. Let's look at some Costco. That's a name that I'd have my eyes on. This is cost on the ticker. We're seeing shares that are higher by about one point eight percent right now. But this is after the company reported that its profit rose more than a lot of Wall Street had initially anticipated. So if you think about the idea that people are really having this flight toward cheaper names, I mean, Costco is where you go to get a deal, and clearly we're seeing this company is a beneficiary of that. So we do also know that they are actually trying to lean more into cake delivery and deli trades, which is interesting Apparently it's a way to deliver cake delivery wow, and deli strategy. So I'm wondering the deli trades. Is it you know, it's just a party at the house or is it deli trays? Maybe for a work event, who knows. But it's attracting younger consumers. Apparently one of.
Speaker 1: Those Sebastian Escobar, our producer. He says, five dollars of tissory chicken. He loves it.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 4: Oh it's good, It's quite good.
Speaker 3: I've never been in with a solid I'm still I could have gone home, buddy and gotten.
Speaker 2: A membership members I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: A Costco member. You know, I still am not a Costco member, all right? So interesting because Costco tends to be a wealthier consumer. So interesting. Stack's still up about sixteen percent year to date, so absolutely, but maybe a different trade today, let's go to Gap.
Speaker 4: Yes, So also keeping a bit of an eye on the consumer, we are seeing shares of Gap lower falling for double digit losses is after its fourth quarter sales and profit both miss expectations. And digging a little bit under the hood, we saw that both Old Navy and Athleta they were the ones that reported some of the lower metrics, and we know Athleta is their biggest brand. One of the sources in this story that we have on the Bloomberg terminal on managing director at Global Data saying that athlete is just bland. He's essentially saying that they're able to be right, it didn't.
Speaker 1: But maybe the whole category has been shifted.
Speaker 2: Let me look at.
Speaker 4: Lulu, right, and so it's hard for them to keep up with competition. So they're really trying to rework and kind of paint a turnarout story for that brand. We know Athleta is their biggest brand. Gap and Banana Republic both they were pretty decent this quarter. So they also did see a forecast for twenty twenty six that was a bright spot for them.
Speaker 1: But he says Gap is cool again.
Speaker 4: I mean, who's there? Are you?
Speaker 1: What do you mean who's there?
Speaker 4: I'm curious?
Speaker 1: No, Like, well, in the nineties, in the nineties, yes, I'm resit with you. Literally, we'd have European friends come visit us and they'd buy stuff from Gap. Yeah, bring it back to euar if they bring like an extra suitcase. I mean, this is cool stuff. And now yeah, now, it's cool again.
Speaker 3: I remember I remember Banana Republic was like you'd walk in and it was like you're on a safari. It was a really fun what a time and like I'm serious, like you think about what it's become. Right, So you know these retailers change a lot often. All right, all right, so gap and then let's get to not down love this ticker.
Speaker 4: Right, So this is a quirky one. I know you guys like quirky names. So this one the ticker down daw in. This is Day one. Bio Pharmaceutical was a company I digged a be deeper into because I wasn't familiar with. Yeah, so two point two billion dollars in market cap. But the reason that we're seeing this in the news today, it's a company that's based in San Francisco, and it's surging more than sixty percent today, in saying it's on pace for its biggest gain since twenty twenty two, just a stellar rally. This is after the and drug maker Servia agreed to buy the company for two point five billion dollars. This is a sixty eight percent premium from Day one's closing price yesterday, and Servia essentially wants to become a leader when we think about the treatments for rare tumors, buy twenty thirty and they see day one as a way to get there. And so we do see shares of day one up about one hundred and twenty seven percent year today, but almost one hundred percent of that coming from today's day gains alone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's quite a bump, but it makes sense, right. You see, we've seen I feel like a lot of movement in the pharmaceutical space, companies picking up other companies. All right, good stuff, as always normal, Enda, Bloomberg TV Market correspondent.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business Shapped.