Speaker 1: Welcome in a GM territory, everybody, Jim, Let's get right to it. Luis Garcia Junior has been traded to the New York Yankees. Break this trade down for us.
Speaker 2: Well, the Yankees had to get a bat. They're struggling with offense, and of course, with both Aaron Judge and Cody Bellinger on the inter list, with no real timetable of when they're going to return, they had it get another bat, and they got a good one in Lewis Garcia. This guy can flat out rake, as Aaron Boone told me just moments ago. I mean, this is a hitter with the Nationals that was hitting two eighty three with twenty three home runs for Washington, seventy six RBIs. He had a war of two point three and a one thirty six ops plus. Now I talked to Aaron Boone and asked him where Garcia was going to play. He told me that he was going to platoon at first base with Paul Goldsmith. I said, okay, where does that put Ben Rice? And he says he'll catch and d eight. So Ben Rice who will split his time between catching and dhing, and then Lewis Garcia and Goldschmidt will platoon at first base. So that's the plan right now for the Yankees. As you can see, Lewis Garcia absolutely raking against right hand pitching. On this graphic, you could see the nine to nine ops pretty impressive. Now on the other side, for the Washington Nationals, they get four pitchers in this deal, all pitching prospects. Let's break them down. The headliner, according to Paul Taboni, the general manager, Ben Grabel is the number one prospect they're getting in return, a right handed pitcher, followed by Jack Siebert. Now there are some evaluators and publications that actually have Siebert over Grabel, but the Nats view it as Grabel one, Sieber two. They also get Iovanni Cruz and Jake Bird. And this is a deal where you're getting really the quality, the quantity over the quality, but you get four arms, and the Nationals really need more pitching. We all know they have one of the better offenses in baseball, so they're trying to take some of that offense and turn it into pick Now, keep in mind, Lewis Garcia only controllable for one more year, so the Nats all four pitchers they get are controllable for six more years, So that had a lot to do with this deal by Washington knowing they only had one more year of Lewis Garcia and the way he's swinging the bat, he's going to be tough to sign long term. So the Yankees get the bat that they need so desperately. The Nats get four pitchers, something they obviously with their organization right now needs. So it should be a deal that works for both sides.
Speaker 1: I will give.
Speaker 2: A B plus to the Yankees. I'm getting Garcia and a B to the Washington Nationals on the other side.
Speaker 1: Do you think the New York Yankees are done making trades?
Speaker 2: Absolutely not. I still think they're looking for a right editing catcher. I still think they're looking for a right editing outfielder. I still think they're looking for more bullpen help. I do not think Brian Cashman is done. I think he's just getting started in the Bronx. Drake, let's go.
Speaker 1: There's been a lot of excitement today in New York. The New York Mets also traded Freddy Perolta to the Tampa Bay Rays. Break this trade down for us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So, I mean, first of all, we got to start with Freddy Parolta going to Tampa Bay. They were in the mix for Schoogle, they weren't able to get them. They weren't really to give up their top prospects, so that really went didn't go anywhere. Freddy Perolta having a down year for the Mets five wins, nine losses in the area of four point nine to nine and in fact, his strikeouts per nine the lowest of his career at eight point nine, just to put in perspective, last year was ten to four. His fit right now is four four five. That's the highest of his career. Last year, to put in perspective, was three six four. But it was only a year ago where Peralta finished top five in the Say Young voting in the National League. In fact, he finished in fifth place a year ago, and the Mets just weren't able to get that out of them. Tampa Bay's pitching room is one of the best in baseball. They have great pitching coaches, great analytics, Their research and development department is amazing and if anyone can turn peralt round, I think it's going to be the Tampa Bay Raised organization. So they make this deal with the hopes that they can turn it around and in return. Look, there's a strong package going the other way for the Mets. Let's break that down a little bit. Elmian Ptray to me, is the best player in this deal going the other way. He's a middle infielder. Probably second base is his best position. He was a second round pick in twenty twenty four by Tampa Bay. Right now, he's hitting THREEA. He's got nineteen doubles, thirty two steals. The league gets caught too much. I think is the best player in the deal. Other people, other scouts, have told me they think Aiden Smith is the best player in the deal. He was a fourth round pick of the Seattle Mariners a couple of years ago. Twenty two years old. He's only hitting two O nine with ten homers. I worry a little bit about the hit tool with Aiden Smith. That's why I like p Tray a little bit more. And then finally they get Gary gail Hill, right handed pitcher. He's made twenty starts in the minor leagues, seven and three record with a four four to nine er. What bothers me with him is he's given up more hits than innings. Pitch in fact, one hundred and twenty seven hits in one third innings, but the Mets get three prospects back. They continue to build up the farm system, and Tampa Bay takes a chance on Peralta. So New York, New York Baby, Frank Sinatra, jay Z sing the songs the Mets are selling. The Yankees are buying, just like we said they would on GM territory.
Speaker 1: We sure did say that, all right, I want to bring up a couple more players now, Luis Arise, I've been, you know, seeing a lot of rumors about him. I think he has you know, four or five legit suitors. Can you break down these teams fits for me?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I mean everything I'm hearing, first of all, is the Giants asking price is so ridiculous that there is absolutely no traction anywhere. That's what I keep hearing from everybody I talk to. That being said, I think there are a bunch of suitors, and I think, as you look right here on the graphic, the foremost likely landing spots at this point are the Philadelphia Phillies, Tampa Bay Rays, Texas Rangers, in Boston Red Sox. The Yankees were on this list. We have to take them off after acquiring Lewis Garcia, so that's not a fit anymore. Phillies really need more offense. I just don't know where you're going to play them. A Rise doesn't want to move off a second base, and of course the Phillies have Bryson stopped there, so I'm not quite sure how it would work, but certainly the bat would help the Phillies. Tampa Bay is looking for more offense, so a Rise could fit there. Texas Rangers Tray is the one that you kept talking about as a team that you felt fit really well, and I think because of the Red Sox deal fell apart earlier because of the injury to Curtis Mead. I kind of feel like a Rise would be a good fit in Boston. I know he's not a right hand hitter that they're looking for, but if they can't make a trade for a player like Zach Nato of the Angels, this would be a nice little pivot. A Rise could play second base with Durbin at third for Boston and would give them some more traffic for the middle of their lineup. So I think any of those teams fit. But I know one thing everyone tells me, the price better come down if they expect to move them by six o'clock Monday.
Speaker 1: All right, so the price has a come down for a rise. What have you heard about Casey Mize and his price?
Speaker 2: Yeah, very interesting. The schoobl trade is done and now the Tigers are focusing on moving him. Here are the four teams right here that I keep hearing. The Atlanta Braves of the team I keep feeling is going to be the front runner to get Myze. They certainly have the pitching prospects to make a deal work here, and I know the president and GM Alexanthopos has been a big fan of my since he was a free agent. Or a really good fit there. The Cubs continue to search for pitching. I do think there's a match there. I mean, I think guys like Matt Shaw and Kevin Olcontra certainly are guys that the Cubs could use as trade bait here, which would make some sense. Milwaukee Brewers, you know they were in on school. But we'll see if they can make a run on Mize here and how much they'd be willing to give up for mis as a rental. I know it's going to be a lot less than what they would have been willing to do for Schoobl And then finally the Padres. Where's aj Preller been? He's been too quiet this deadline. At some point we're gonna hear from aj Preller. Perhaps it'll be for Casey byes deal, I don't know. But the Tigers they're back on the clock after trading Schoobl.
Speaker 1: Yep, Tigers are back on the clock. Something I like about Ma's going to the Braves is he pitched at the University of Auburn, so there's some you know, it's not foreign ground for him. Anyway. This is shaping up to be an incredible trade deadline or getting breaking news after breaking news. I'm excited with the next twenty four hours has in hold for us. Jim. That's all I got, Choulenge relaxed, were gone,