Speaker 1: Hey, it's Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning, and this is your brand new second Day podcast episode.
Speaker 2: And I like that new podcast, like smell is Second Date.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it doesn't last long.
Speaker 2: Enjoy it for sure.
Speaker 1: And today we got a blind love is which I'm just gonna say it right now. The first half of this is Jeff's fault.
Speaker 3: It's a little painful, yeah.
Speaker 1: Or our producer boyd.
Speaker 4: It doesn't matter.
Speaker 5: It's crazy.
Speaker 2: None of us in the room's fault, that's for sure.
Speaker 3: In part.
Speaker 1: So, as you leave comments, make sure you know who to place the blame on. But first, let's review yesterday's second Date. I got a lot of comments on that one. This man and his knowledge of his mother's love life was a little intense.
Speaker 6: Yeah, one person said, I spit my drink out when he said he needs to get laid.
Speaker 3: Him and his mom are way too close.
Speaker 6: Yes, a lot of people said she was really mean though, Yeah.
Speaker 2: She was like already checked out.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and I'd probably be pretty defensive if I was called by a radio station and this guy, Yeah, like, you don't know what's wrong.
Speaker 1: So we love your comments, Thanks for being here. Definitely subscribe and let us know what you think of today's It starts right now.
Speaker 2: Every couple has there how we met story.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, of.
Speaker 2: Course, you want it to be really special and memorable, something that you can tell your grandkids one day. Well, I met your grandmother at the county fair. We rode the bumper cars and then bump something else. And could any story be more special more memorable than the time you met your soulmate On a morning radio show, as millions of people all over the country we're listening in.
Speaker 1: That's somehow one wrung below the.
Speaker 2: Fairy might be immortalizing someone's forever love as two strangers meet for the very first time right here during a brand new blind love is We're going to do it right after this. It's Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning, and true love is kind of supposed to take you by surprise.
Speaker 5: Oh you know what that is?
Speaker 4: Kind of how it's painted.
Speaker 2: Right like alexis cutting you off in a school zone, causing you to slam on your brakes and smash your forehead against the steering wheel. That's what love feels like.
Speaker 1: That's a little more painful, Jeff than I think it should be.
Speaker 2: Is a little bit of pain.
Speaker 1: I think opposite. I think it should be easy breezy.
Speaker 2: There we go, Thank you, Alexis. Today we're hoping to get that same spontaneous heart pounding feeling during a brand new edition of blind Love is Yeah, two of our single listeners are meeting for the very first time right here in front of our millions of radio and podcast listeners to see if there's a natural connection or an unnatural connection.
Speaker 1: You know what, doing it this way, your analogy actually works really well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, this is exactly how love should work. And remember, these are two people who have never seen each other before, they've never heard each other's voices, they don't even know each other's names yet, but they've still agreed to meet a total stranger for the very first time right here for the chance at real love. We're gonna meet the guy first and talk to him just for a minute. His name is Troy, So, Troy, welcome to the show.
Speaker 7: Hey, thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: According to my notes here, Troy, you've been with us actually a couple times before, trying to get a second date, but we've never been able to air them because the ladies that we've called have never answered the phone.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's okay, though they're probably just busy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you're sweet.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 2: Well, since you're kind of new, why don't you just real quick give everybody listening a quick snapshot of you and who you are.
Speaker 7: Okay, but before I do, can I give a quick shout out to my stepmom Tracy?
Speaker 8: Well you just.
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's just she's been a listener to the show for a while, so she's going to be really excited to hear her name.
Speaker 6: Okay, I want her to hear you do this segment.
Speaker 1: That's so much pressure and stepmoms chill more like a friend.
Speaker 2: Well, shout out to Tracy. Then, Hi Tracy, Hi Tracy.
Speaker 7: You've always been there for me since I was twelve. I'm always going to be there for you.
Speaker 1: Okay, sweet, Okay, So, I mean one thing we know is you have a good relationship with your family.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want to know more about you, not just your step mom. Tell us about who you are, Troy.
Speaker 7: So I'd say I'm more of a low key guy, and I like my cozy nights at home, and I'd like someone who appreciates family and could get along with me, my dad and Tracy.
Speaker 2: Right, it sounds like a scap. All right, here's the notes I have on your lady. Her name is Kim. She considers herself fun loving, stylish, and she wants a guy who appreciates her sense of humor, likes her for who she is, not just for her looks. That's awesome. How does that sound, Troy?
Speaker 7: Yeah, that sounds great.
Speaker 1: I gotta say, Troy and Kim is a cute couple names.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've already got some good momentum here, Troy, just have your questions ready. I'm gonna put Kim on here so the two of you can talk.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 7: Sounds good?
Speaker 2: Okay, so let's punch her up. Hey, Kim, you.
Speaker 5: There, Hi, guess I'm here.
Speaker 2: All right, So, Kim, we're introducing you for the very first time to a guy named Troy. We're just gonna step away and we'll let you two talk. Okay, we'll stay silent in the room.
Speaker 4: Here we go.
Speaker 7: Hi, Kim to nice to talk to you.
Speaker 5: Hi.
Speaker 8: I need to meet you.
Speaker 7: So they said that you're fun loving. Does that mean you love to have fun?
Speaker 8: Oh my god?
Speaker 7: Wow? So is that a yes?
Speaker 3: Oh my yes, yes, I love fun's.
Speaker 7: That's that's cool. I'm a fan of fun too.
Speaker 8: Yay, we already have so much in common.
Speaker 3: Well, question for you. The producer told me that you enjoyed cozy knights at home. But I'm curious when you do go out, where do you like to spend your time?
Speaker 5: Oh? Good?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 7: Well, you know, sometimes when my dad's working late, I'll go to the beach with Tracy and we'll do a nice walk.
Speaker 8: Oh it was Tracy.
Speaker 7: It's my stepmom. She raised me since I was twelve.
Speaker 8: Ah, okay, well that's sweet.
Speaker 7: Well I guess so.
Speaker 3: So you like the beach. Oh I like the beach too.
Speaker 8: Wow, as long as there's a life guarden, good Wi Fi? What I said, as long as there is a lifeguarden, good WiFi.
Speaker 7: I don't understand.
Speaker 9: You know Wi Fi?
Speaker 7: Well, yeah, but because beaches.
Speaker 3: Don't have Wi Fi. So it's like, you know, it's ridiculous.
Speaker 7: Why would you go there if it doesn't have one.
Speaker 5: It's a joke.
Speaker 7: Jo Oh okay, I think I get it. Yeah, you know what. I'm going to tell that joke to Tracy later and see if she understands it. Okay, okay, uh yeah, So, like I said, I'm pretty close with my step mom. But you're alive for you? Close to good question for me?
Speaker 3: Well, I can tell you who I was close with earlier today my gon a color?
Speaker 7: Does that mean you're dating someone else? No?
Speaker 8: No, it's another joke.
Speaker 7: Oh maybe I didn't get it because I don't know what a.
Speaker 8: No guy? No colleges.
Speaker 3: You've never heard of a guy colleges?
Speaker 7: No, but hold on, maybe I should google it?
Speaker 3: No, don't google it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what?
Speaker 2: Hey, you crazy kids. You We're just going to jump in to the conversation real quick. Great work by the way, Troy.
Speaker 7: Oh thanks, I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: I think he should google it.
Speaker 2: He should probably know them and not in front of your step mother image. It's just a doctor who knows what images will come up on the Google search. So I'm just you know what. I'm gonna put you to on hold for just a second while the room discusses, and uh yeah, we'll be right.
Speaker 3: Back to you.
Speaker 2: Okay, So they're on hold, just all right, screen Like.
Speaker 1: There couldn't be two people with more different senses of humor.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure if this one is working out totally.
Speaker 1: You're not sure?
Speaker 2: It's pretty clear, say I. If you hear wedding bells, in their future. And when I say that, I mean Troy and his step mom.
Speaker 1: Oh I okay, yeah, I mean it sounds like that Dad's working laid a lot, are some opportunities.
Speaker 2: Maybe we should probably get two new people on here for the next part of this segment. If we all can agree to move on.
Speaker 1: Do we keep Kim and just find her someone or are we just ditching it?
Speaker 2: I think we're just gonna say that this one is not a good match and we should try some two new people. We'll hold on to Kim's number for a future segment, but let's mix it up a little bit, put it brand new couple together when we come back and try again for more. Blind Love is Stepmom edition coming up right after this. I don't say it like that. It's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning. And if you're just joining us, we're in the middle of another saucy. Additional of Blind Love is.
Speaker 1: Train Wrack edition.
Speaker 2: If you heard the first sauce, that's actually the sauce made the train derail. So if you missed it, the couple we had on in the first part, Kim and Troy, they weren't really jellings for each other. Everybody agreed, the listeners and we had to ditch them. But you know what they say about love on the radio. Fail once, shame on them, fail twice. We give up because this is our last chance. We only have time for two tries at different and we have a brand new couple ready to go, Marcus and Anna. And just like last time, both were involved in second date updates previously that either didn't make it to air or something came up and it just didn't happen. But the last time, in the first part of this segment, we spoke to the guy first. So this time, let's switch it up and do ladies first. Okay, So Anna, welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: Hi.
Speaker 2: I know you spoke to our producer right before this and the three words that you told him to describe yourself apparently were silly, honest, and goblin goblin.
Speaker 5: Okay, would I was on the spot?
Speaker 7: I was on the spot.
Speaker 2: Would you care to elaborate a little bit?
Speaker 9: I just mean, like, if you find me in my home, I probably have the lights off. I'm like eating cookies in bed, you know what I mean? Like, I'm not the little goblin.
Speaker 8: It's kind of a gen Z turning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like she skitters around her house like.
Speaker 1: They never know what you find her.
Speaker 2: It also says on my notes here that you are into drawing, board games and medical stuff. Yeah, you know, we don't even have time to get into what that means, and I'm I'm not sure if we even want to.
Speaker 1: I want to know what back alley injections I can get from her.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll say that for after this segment, because we are going to run short on time, and we've already had Marcus on the line listening to this. Oh okay, let's just go ahead and put you two together and see if that magic happens. So here we go, Marcus, you are on Do you want to say hi to Anna?
Speaker 5: Well? Hello, how are you?
Speaker 2: Hi?
Speaker 5: Good?
Speaker 6: How are you?
Speaker 4: I'm good. I'm confused, but very good, very good, very confused. Well, I I mean I heard your your goblin explanation. Then I also heard the metal you're into medical things. I don't I don't know what that means. It doesn't mean we're doing IV drips at the house or we're.
Speaker 5: Nothing like that.
Speaker 9: So I teach medical students, and you know how you would never want to be the first patient to get a peltic exam, like the doctor has never done it before, so somebody's got to be that person.
Speaker 5: Oh so you're that's what I do?
Speaker 4: What you're everyone's first public exam.
Speaker 5: I don't know if I like that.
Speaker 9: First of all, it pays super well because it's good, and second of all, it's really fulfilling works because you know that you're like doing like good for the world. But yeah, like everybody has seen my private story.
Speaker 1: Wow, I would like to say thank you.
Speaker 9: So Okay, so I feel like I've already told you a little more than I planned. So I don't know anything about you, Like, what's up with you? What do you like?
Speaker 5: Well, let me first start off with you're gonna feel a little pressure.
Speaker 4: I'm still I'm sorry. I don't even know what to say right now because I'm just imagining us going out and everybody's like, oh, I know her.
Speaker 2: Hey, Marcus, maybe you should try to change the subject. It's a lot about the pelvisis.
Speaker 5: So a little bit about me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm tall, dark and adorable.
Speaker 5: Okay, Okay, I'm too four, so you could probably wear heels unless you're seven foot ten.
Speaker 9: Is there ever a time that you're not joking.
Speaker 5: Well not normally. I'm actually a stand up comedian as well.
Speaker 9: Okay, okay, tell me tell me.
Speaker 5: You don't have to.
Speaker 9: Don't tell me your best joke because it's probably really long, but tell me like your shortest, because joke.
Speaker 5: That be me in the bedroom.
Speaker 3: But okay, all right, I'll take that.
Speaker 5: I'll dig that answer.
Speaker 4: No, I'm serious, I'm serious.
Speaker 9: That's why he said a little pressure. It's not.
Speaker 2: And okay, maybe.
Speaker 4: There's a pill or a pump.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, yeah, we need to put a halt on the talk about this particular area of the body.
Speaker 3: Actually, I loved it.
Speaker 2: I think I know you love it. Of course you did, but in a weird way.
Speaker 1: Well, they're like tagging each other's jokes.
Speaker 6: They're funny together.
Speaker 5: We could play operation because he loves board games.
Speaker 2: In terms of just us in the room here, how do we feel the vibe is going right now between Marcus and Anna? Alexis? What's your reading? Would you want to hang out with them?
Speaker 5: In me?
Speaker 3: But they can hang out together?
Speaker 2: Sure, just the two of them? All right, Brooke, what's your read? What's your read on Marcus and Anna?
Speaker 1: They're great. I'd be the third will on their date.
Speaker 2: They sound fun to hang out, but they should go out. Okay, So basically we're checking our textboord right now seventy five nine to two, and a lot of the listeners are saying, this is a yes that you tube should definitely meet up in person and go out, but really it's up to YouTube. Marcus, Anna, are you feeling the vibe right now with each other?
Speaker 9: Gosh? I was unsure. But if everyone else is so confident in it, and I've been single this long, I feel like maybe I should listen to everybody.
Speaker 2: Anna's willing to bow to the peer pressure. Marcus chemistry they.
Speaker 1: She didn't need to say that second part.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was.
Speaker 4: I was on board, and this is like, oh, I didn't really want to until everybody true.
Speaker 9: But I didn't want to.
Speaker 5: I just wasn't sure one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: She's playing it cool, Marcus say yet Yeah, I mean, Marcus, I understand it's blind love is you don't know what she looks like. You have to see each other to really know if that chemistry is truly there exactly that's true?
Speaker 4: Would you like to hang out in the dark? So I don't even know if that's gonna happen.
Speaker 2: We need to win. After the last two people we just had on We're gonna ask the question now, once and for all. Will the two of you go out on an official first date? We will not pay for it. What do you say, Marcus, you're up first?
Speaker 5: Like it?
Speaker 4: I would love I would love to take your on a date.
Speaker 2: Okay, so it's a maybe from Marcus.
Speaker 7: Yes, I would love to.
Speaker 2: Second time was the charm for us.
Speaker 4: We did it.
Speaker 2: Congratulations. You two will pass your numbers to each other so you can contact in real life.
Speaker 5: Perfect. Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: For anybody listening who would like ten percent off of a free pelvic exam, use the code word jeff and Anna will be over to your place shortly.
Speaker 1: She receives them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, you guys can do it two for one deal. Then together it's Brook and Jeffrey.
Speaker 1: In the morning brooking Jeffrey in the morning. Well, we've definitely asked that Q second couple to send us an update. Yeah, the first es the first couple. I don't think we need any further information.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: This segment totally lit up our text board. You know, of course, you can always leave a comment, but our textboard. The number is seven eight, five nine two.
Speaker 5: You over one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, text in and interact with the show what We're to black?
Speaker 2: I think we legally have to say it really fast.
Speaker 4: I don't know, don't ruin my legal.
Speaker 1: Just read to tell Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we got this text and it.
Speaker 2: Says, what is this gynocology hour?
Speaker 1: That was such a good joke.
Speaker 2: Somebody else know what gynocologist is? I know, I know that I know what one is, but I have a sister.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 4: There's no idea.
Speaker 1: These are the reasons why we need public health classes. Yes, you know, it isn't just service to everyone who doesn't.
Speaker 5: Know what that is.
Speaker 2: I thought she was really funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she was funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: If you have any other gynecology jokes, just let us know us Really we'll take it.
Speaker 6: I'm laughing imagining like fifty guy to college jokes coming in, like, there's.
Speaker 2: So many out there, so awesome.
Speaker 1: Well, hey, thank you so much for being here, and please like and subscribe. We're going to be back tomorrow with a brand new episode of Your Second Date Update, which I've heard is going to be fantastic. All right, It is Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning, and this is Your Second Date Podcast