Speaker 1: This is the almost famous podcast with.
Speaker 2: iHeartRadio trist to hear with Bob from an airport lounge doing the almost famous Ouji podcast.
Speaker 3: That's right, are Dancing with the Stars recap and I'm coming to you live from Detroit on my way to Scottsdale.
Speaker 1: So it's a very exciting day.
Speaker 2: Amazing. You're going to some warm weather, are you called?
Speaker 1: I am?
Speaker 2: I am?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I sure, I am.
Speaker 3: I'm going with a group of my buddies that plays in this event every year and I've had to miss the last three, so.
Speaker 1: It's my first year coming back into it. So yeah, yes.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: All should be fun, It could be a lot of fun.
Speaker 3: But yes, let's talk about it. The five hundredth episode, isn't that crazy?
Speaker 2: Yeah? It is crazy. Actually, I was flashing back to the one hundredth episode that I got to go to and they've done five times that now, so like the just the fact that it is still around. I actually got emotional this week watching Golden Bachelorette, thinking to myself, this is crazy, like truly, like people ask you know, I'm sure they ask you to. Would you have expected the show to last this long? Right? And for both of the shows for Bachelorette and Dancing with the Stars. If if you would have told me that they would still be kicking over twenty years later for both of them. Well, so Dancing with the Stars started in two thousand and five, so I guess we've got a little bit more time to go. But they put out a lot of shows obvious.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thirty three. Is this the thirty third season? Is that what they said?
Speaker 2: I don't remember that, but it sounds right because Alfonso said he was on the nineteenth season, and it seemed like a long time ago that he was on, right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean that's just crazy to me, like like that, you know, for me, it's like after my season of The Bachelor guy and I was like, well, this has been a lot of fun. This thing's clearly going to go away. I just murdered the show. And that's probably why they never have had.
Speaker 1: Me on dancing because they need to it just be the end of the whole thing.
Speaker 2: Oh stop it, no, it's really amazing. And then they said so I was watching. On Instagram last night, Derek Huff posted a video of like I assume it's the exec producer now with people in the background that are recognized, and they were talking like, you know, just speaking to the to the crowd, or maybe it's all the people who you know stayed after for press afterwards. Yeah, and they were saying that there's been three hundred and ninety eight celebs on there. I'm like, wow, whoa that is? That's so crazy to me and yeh yeah, anyway, to be part of it is just really humbling. I feel really lucky to be part of it. But anyway, so getting to the show, Yes, I again loved it so me I should have recorded myself. I recorded myself in the car before I went in. But I went into a hockey rink because Max has tryouts for his team today and tomorrow and yesterday and they have they actually at the rink, they had Dancing with the Stars like on the screen, and so I'm watching him and I'm like, oh, I can pull this up on my phone. I'm literally like watching him skate and then I'm watching dancing Dancing with the Stars. I'm watching him skate.
Speaker 1: That's so good.
Speaker 2: I was like, I have to get it in because it's a two hour show and and you know, it was so good. I love technology and being able to watch it on my phone.
Speaker 1: That is pretty cool. Save you saved you staying up too late too, That's.
Speaker 2: Nice, Yeah, exactly. But such a good show again, it was.
Speaker 1: It was a really good show.
Speaker 3: And a couple of things I thought were interesting, obviously the five hundred that so they were doing dances that were inspired by iconic dances that occurred on the show. And I want to get your take on that, because is it is it considered a little brown nosy perhaps to choose, you know, one of the main judges dances from a few years back, or to choose the host's dance, or is it a tip of the hat like an homage too? I mean, because let's be honest, Derek has had so many wickedly great dances on that thing.
Speaker 1: How are you going to do one without doing one of his?
Speaker 2: But you can't not do one of his? I mean, he he is iconic for the show and has won so many I means he truly is such a such a talented choreographer. I have always felt like that, Yeah, so you have to do one of his dances. You just have to. And and what is interesting to me is you know they have the celeb saying, oh, I'd like I'd love to do this one or I'd love to do this one. I guarantee you those dances are assigned. There's no way they are choosing. Oh I think I want to do Julian's.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: I think because they have to have a variety, right, they have to have like different styles of dances, different genres, they have to have different energy levels. They have to approve the music again, like this is something that goes through production and they tell the celebrities. They don't say, oh, which one would you want to pick?
Speaker 3: So because how many how many seasons have these celebs even watched?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: I remember exactly there was a samba like I don't even know, Like how would.
Speaker 1: I do that?
Speaker 2: I know? Like Dwight was like, oh I want to do the pas oblay or whatever it was, and I'm.
Speaker 3: Like sure you dude, Like yeah, yeah, of course. And then the other thing, what'd you think of the what do you think of the instant the instant dance?
Speaker 1: That was crazy?
Speaker 3: Right? I I personally didn't like it because I thought it kind of undid the great stuff they had already done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what do you think of what do you think? Oh?
Speaker 2: My gosh, I would have been like, you could see the pros stressing out like that was legit a very stressful situation, I'm sure for the celebs, but for the pros especially because they have all this weight on the on their shoulders for whether or not they they can choreograph something in the matter of minutes. And yes, they've practiced, like all of the different genres, I guarantee you. So each of the celebs came into or each of the duos I guess you could say, came into the show last night knowing the gist of a dance that they were going to do for each dance, right, So so they come up, they practice, they come up with, you know, choreography for each of these dances.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: So when Chandler and Brandon get up there, he's like, we literally had no idea what to do for the last two eight counts and two eight counts is I mean it can be significant, you can come up with something, but they I actually went back and watched it just to see because knowing then that they didn't have anything for those last two counts chosen until like five minutes before the dance, I wanted to see what they came up with and it was more clear because they did look a little confused, but they put it together so well. I was so impressed. That is just so stressful. I like Juliane said, oh completely yeah. And the fact that she got a perfect score last night for both of her dances just yeah, she deserved it. She totally deserved it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean we have our spoiler alert now. Of course, we've been calling for this for quite a while now, and I think it finally came to a head, right it was.
Speaker 1: I think the.
Speaker 3: Height difference for Dwight and his partner was really charming for a while.
Speaker 1: But now it's like, Danielle, I thank you.
Speaker 3: Now that it's gotten to this point where everybody's bad ass on the dance floor, you know, now it's kind of like, okay, let's.
Speaker 1: It's been great. You know, we love Danielle, she's awesome, We loved dwighte he's great. But it's time to move on. And that happened last night too. Yea.
Speaker 2: Although I will say their dance when she was on the platform, I love that she did the platform and that was crazy. And I feel like we've said that from the beginning. They need to like raise her up, so you know, give us credit. No, I'm just kidding, give us credit for that.
Speaker 3: Yes, we'll be we'll be side stage next week for that prediction.
Speaker 2: But I really feel like he did an amazing job and that dance last week where he had her picked up by the legs like hanging upside down like cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Dwight. I love his enthusiasm, his positivity. He seems like such an amazing person to be around, just energetically. So I was really sad to see him go, even though I felt like it was probably between him and Ilona. But I'm I mean, like we've said from the beginning, it's really hard to tell because they are all so talented. The pros really truly know what they're doing. They're great coaches.
Speaker 1: For them, which is a crazy task.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's a crazy job that these professionals who are used to dance with professionals, We've said it before, get out there with these people who have never done it before. And yeah, could do an impromptu dance last night. That was what was that blew my mind with that thing?
Speaker 2: That was crazy, Yeah, amazing, amazing to me. I couldn't believe it, and I really felt for the judges because it's true, like they're like, well, we still have to judge you, but we love you and and we don't want to give you bad scores, but we have to we have to judge you. So yeah, I don't know, I felt I felt bad for the judges too. I was, I have to say, really impressed with Alfonso and and his hosting ability went, his hosting ability when they were like changing clothes and doing getting ready for the incidents, because I felt like he there are a lot of hosts that I feel like wouldn't have been able to fill that. Tom Berger wrong, you know, was was the pro legendary Yeah, and he would have been. But I felt like he did a really good job last night.
Speaker 1: You know what though, I mean, he and I have worked together.
Speaker 3: I've worked with Alfonso on a couple of different shows over the years, and he is he is an absolute pro. I mean no question about. You know, the guy's an immensely talented dude. He knows what he's doing and for him to be out there, He's also really gregarious and likes to talk to people and stuff. So yeah, he was really he was. That was a specifically telling moment of the show last night. You're absolutely right. He really did kind of carry that what could have been blank space, and he made it pretty interesting and good. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I also have another entertaining thing for me last night was every time the dances were done or it was like getting ready for commercial or whatever, I was having so much fun trying to spy who was in the audience because I knew Caitlin had been invited, and I knew, like from the when I was when I was at the hundredth episode years and years and years ago, that if it's the five hundred five hundredth episode, they've of course invited a lot of amazing people who have been part of the show. So I was like, I want to know who they invited. So it was so fun to see Caitlyn sitting with Melissa Ryecroft, who crushed the show when she was on All Stars she won All Stars, and then ginger Z and Us and Hulker was in the audience. It was like who's who of dancing with the Stars in the audience. I felt like that was that was fun for me to like, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that would be fun.
Speaker 3: I did see that because you're probably seeing I mean, I'm honestly very surprised they didn't bring you back there stage sick.
Speaker 2: No, No, I am not surprised that they didn't bring me back. No, there's there's no reason people would be like, oh, trist is there to support Joey, Like so many people don't even have anything.
Speaker 1: But I'm going to do the boot scoot and buggie.
Speaker 2: And then of course Kelsey was in the audience and it was their one year anniversary, So happy anniversary to Joey and Kelsey.
Speaker 3: I know, did you see the pictures he posted on his Instagram of her by the.
Speaker 2: Way, I love they are they just did a photo shoot. I like want to call that photographer and be like, can you come shoot my family? Because they were gorgeous pictures.
Speaker 1: She is really stunning.
Speaker 3: I mean honestly, every picture he posted on Instagram was like candid, like like someone just took it with his iPhone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I was like, oh.
Speaker 3: My god, she's really beautiful, and he just looks she You know, I got to say this, I think the timing for him and I'm not saying that this is obviously it wasn't planned. I know that, but it's like the timing could really work in his favor to win this thing, because I think it's going to be a coin toss.
Speaker 1: I really do. It's down to like three people that I think are all equally awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, public favor, public sentiment is really on his side.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: Nice to see it working out, you know, and to see them together and to see it not We've said it before, it can be really difficult to go on this show in a new relationship and it can take its toll, and for them it seems to make them stronger, so I love.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, it's really interesting. And actually I was thinking that last night, Like obviously Jenna and Val have a strong marriage and had a child and you know, seem like a very strong.
Speaker 1: Couple.
Speaker 2: And even like last night, you know, the the dance that they did before the Insta dance, the the Alison Holker Riker recreation or whatever, it was very like intimate. I felt like, you know, they're like Jenna was like grabbing his face at the end, you know. Yeah, And I just think about that, like, yes, they've both been in the ballroom world for so long, right, and they're used to it. But it is interesting to me to like think about your partner being with somebody else on a stage, like in an intimate way, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: It would be tough.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I think I'm a pretty secure guy, but I could say that would be There would be times or I'd be like, oh, yeah, man, I haven't seen her in a week, you know which, I wonder what they're doing, you know, or whatever. You wouldn't be human if you, if you didn't experience some sense of that, and then good for that partner to come back and make make their their partner who's not there every day realize how much they love and care about them.
Speaker 1: I mean that takes. That takes the effort.
Speaker 3: You have to make that effort too, to make sure that they know and sounds like they're doing everything right. If I have to make a prediction, I used to I've been saying Chandler this whole time.
Speaker 1: But now I'm starting to lean Joey.
Speaker 2: I really am amazing. Yeah, I don't know, I really don't know. I think I think when it comes down to final two, it'll be Chandler and Joey. But I do still think Danny will be the number three spot.
Speaker 1: I was shocked that he was in the bottom.
Speaker 2: I mean it was I was too, but I will say he did seem what was that first dance? Oh, it was Julian Huff's dance. It wasn't as strong to me. I don't know it was. It was a little uh not in sync to me. And but I still love their partnership. I think they are so supportive of each other and truly like they deserve to be in the final. So I think it'll come down to you know, you're like you're saying, I think it'll come down to the people's votes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I really do.
Speaker 3: I think I think I think Joey might just be the one to walk away with this thing, which would be what the fourth Bachelor champion or the third.
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, I mean at least Caitlin and Melissa.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so probably the third, but the first guy definitely the first guy who.
Speaker 2: Else would have won? Oh, that's true. There hasn't been a I don't think there's been a guy Bachelor because I don't think Chris Chrisols didn't win it and Nick didn't win it.
Speaker 1: Oh, Hannah Brown too? Okay?
Speaker 2: So yeah, oh right, okay, so it would be for oh yes, right, of course, How can I forget Hannah. Yes, I mean, come on, Bachelor Nation, you got to vote. Let's get Joey. Let's get Joey that mirror ball.
Speaker 1: I'm going on a limb. I'm saying it's going to happen. That's my prediction. Yeah, you've heard it here first. I'm finally getting on board. Just trust this prediction from the beginning of the season.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know. I mean we basically, I feel like we've been saying I've at least been saying, like, these people I think will be in the final, but I've never really said, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Think our top three has been the same for a while now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and but I really I just got a feeling, man, I have a feeling he's always gonna win this thing, and I think it's going to be It's going to be pretty awesome.
Speaker 1: That's all I'm saying. Yeah, but you got here our take. If you want to know what happened, right, hear it here first.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm I'm really excited to see I would love to be there for the finale, but again, I don't think that I will you invite will be.
Speaker 3: Lost if anyone can get it done. We all know any Sugarman can't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I don't even know.
Speaker 1: I don't even know that I could of all things. I heeart.
Speaker 2: I did see Milsey in the background of this of Derek Houff's video that he posted about, you know, at the end of the show about the five hundred episode. So but yeah, there's only two seasons, lot, I mean, sorry, there's only two episodes left in the season. I cannot believe it's gone by this fast.
Speaker 3: Actually, it's been something, man, it's been something, and it's getting it's getting better and.
Speaker 1: Better every week.
Speaker 3: So make sure you know, if you're not tuning in, at least picking up your phone and voting for our boy and.
Speaker 2: Have your votes ready. Like I feel like if you know when the show is going to be on. I have been watching the show and I feel like, because it's on Pacific time or whatever, I have missed the window to vote. Yes, So, Bachelor Nation, this is your homework. You're gonna you're gonna see when when the votes can be counted, And in the beginning of the show next week when votes open, Bob and I are going to ask you on behalf of our our family member Joey, that you get your votes in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, so think about it.
Speaker 3: Start thinking about it, like five thirty six o'clock if you're on the west coat, Yeah right, because that would be eight thirty nine o'clock, so you can probably start at that point. So yeah, start thinking about it. And the numbers are the same every week, right for the dancers, it's always the same number that a pamber for that ye person. So yeah, so if you've done it once, you know the digits, just do it again.
Speaker 1: Hit readout.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's get it over. What was it this time? I feel like he said something like ninety million people voted or something like that. Was it ninety or nineteen? It might have been nineteen.
Speaker 3: If it was ninety, then that's more than voting in the presidential election.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's not individual people. That's how many you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: You can vote ten times okay, Okay, then that makes sense.
Speaker 2: Succeeded nineteen million, so it is nineteen million, okay, So let's get them over twenty vote twenty million.
Speaker 1: Let's do it next extra millyeahn extra mill for us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would be that would be amazing. So yeah, I'm excited to watch semifinals next week and then the finals the week after and see if our predictions are correct.
Speaker 3: I think they're going to be. I mean, you are a dancing professional. I am a professional television view more.
Speaker 2: I'm just a dance mom, professional.
Speaker 3: Dance mom, pro dance mom. Always great talking me and catching up with you. I gotta go get on my plane now, So I'm going to have to.
Speaker 2: Go get on your plane. Yeah yeah, stop bothering those people in the airport lounge.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 3: I feel so bad for all of them. They're like, why didn't I bring my noise canceling headphones? This dude will not shut up? Why is he talking about Alfonso Rivierio?
Speaker 2: I want to know. I want to report after this, Like, will you if anyone comes up to you afterwards, make a note of it and tell us.
Speaker 3: You you know, so really funny aside. I think you know this story, and if not, we'll share it on the next episode. But you know, my last time when well, I wasn't doing anything specific with our podcast. But have you ever heard the story when I flew here from Seattle, when I moved back to Detroit and my dog flew with me on the plane.
Speaker 1: Have I ever told you that story?
Speaker 2: I have no idea. This doesn't sound familiar.
Speaker 3: Though, you will never forget it, I promise you. So I can tell it right now that I haven't told you. Let's just say this. I'm a Diamond two million mileer with Delta, so that usually means I get upgraded on most flights. And after that flight, I didn't get upgraded for probably three months.
Speaker 1: And so that is going to be my teaser for you.
Speaker 3: Is that I flew with my wife, my new baby, Grayson was just one, and my dog, my dog who had flown at my feet a thousand times.
Speaker 1: She was a children's hospital dog. She was amazing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I had ever had an issue on the plane ever until that flight. And let's just say, I have a feeling if anyone's not happy with me talking to you right now, they're going to let me know about it.
Speaker 1: But it was nothing would have been worse than that day.
Speaker 3: That's when I and you know I'm a people pleaser, right walking off that plane and having.
Speaker 1: Everyone look at me like they wanted to kill me was the worst. Oh my god, Oh it's so good.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't like this teaser thing. I want to know now.
Speaker 3: I'll just give you a hint, there were not enough napkins on that plane for me to pick up.
Speaker 2: I was just gonna say, there's poop involved, oh vomit, a.
Speaker 1: Little bit of both my vomit, oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: No, a child and a dog. Let's get yeah.
Speaker 3: I told my wife at the end of that flight, I go, hey, look, why don't you just spit in my eyes? I got the whole family's DNA all over me, because right now this is a disaster.
Speaker 1: That's my that's my teaser for you. Until next time, friends.
Speaker 2: Until next time, tune into the almost famous OJ podcast
Speaker 1: You Never