Speaker 1: Hello, Who is this.
Speaker 2: My name's Violet.
Speaker 1: Violet. What's going on? Violet? How's life?
Speaker 2: It's been pretty good? Hold on, I'm a little nervous. I didn't think you'd call me. I've seen your like your YouTube shorts.
Speaker 1: I am honored to hear that you have seen the YouTube shorts. I've been trying to upload more of them.
Speaker 2: I said, yeah, there's super funny.
Speaker 1: I sit alone on a computer and I and I edit videos. It's a good life. It's a good life. But enough about my life, Violet, what's going on you? You messaged, you sent a text and you said, I want to come on the show and talk about my new job as an escort.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well that's something I just recently started, like maybe two months ago. It's been going pretty good.
Speaker 1: How did you get into that?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm a stripper and I got really burnt out. So I was like, okay, let me try something else.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess I have a few questions. Why did you get burnt out from being a stripper?
Speaker 2: I think it's just a lot of competition and I feel like a little self conscious maybe so now like it's like I don't get rejected at all. You know, when guys call me because they're choosing me because as a stripper, like you could walk up to like tony dudes tonight and only five of them will be like, Okay, yeah, we could go for a dance even though I made really good money.
Speaker 3: Mm hm m hm?
Speaker 1: Did that?
Speaker 3: Was that?
Speaker 1: Did that?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: When that happens, are you at a point where you're like, that's just the game, or does do you feel like a form of like personal.
Speaker 3: Rejection the kind of the day?
Speaker 2: Really? Because I used to be really self conscious, and then when I started stripping, like I felt way better about myself. But I guess since like sometimes i'll tie how much money I'm making to like my self worth. Does that make sense?
Speaker 1: Yeah? So it's less of the like the like rejection of the guy of the guy of you than it is like about like the self self worth of the money.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't know.
Speaker 1: So you said that, how did stripping help your self esteem?
Speaker 3: Less?
Speaker 2: A whole bit of way. I mean, now I have money to like do whatever, Like I could get hair extensions, I always have like my lassies done, and I feel just good about myself.
Speaker 3: Mh.
Speaker 2: So I love that and I don't think I'll ever be able to do anything else, even though I guess I'll get old eventually, but I'm only twenty one.
Speaker 1: Why do you think you won't be able to do anything else?
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know. I mean I have goals, I just I don't know. I feel a little last like I'm supposed to start college soon and I have been I've just been really dizzy working and all that.
Speaker 1: But I don't understand because you say you have goals and you say you start in college soon, but then you also say you won't be able to do anything else. I mean you said that pretty confidently.
Speaker 2: I well, you know, I have to do something else.
Speaker 3: I guess.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I have to like depression, and sometimes that'll like not like flare up. But it's just a part of life, you know. But sometimes I just feel a little down about it, and I feel like I should be farther ahead than I am.
Speaker 1: Uh farther farther ahead?
Speaker 3: And what in what sense in life?
Speaker 2: Like I compare myself, like, okay, I could have like finished school or gotten this done, but I've just been like working, which has been good.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, well is a trade off, right, because like you, you probably I assume if you were. I don't know how much you save or how much you spend or whatever, but uh, because listen, right, Like, the decision to work right out of school instead of going to school has its pros and cons. And you know, one of the pros is like, yeah, maybe you finished school a little bit later, but you know, you have some some money under your belt, whereas a lot of people they get out of school and they're in debt, you know, so, and whatever decision you make will put you ahead in one way and behind and the other way. But you know, you want to focus on the ways in which you are ahead.
Speaker 2: Definitely. Yeah, you know, I've had time to save money. But I love like being a stripper. I love being an escort. I think it's fun. I get some crazy people from time to time.
Speaker 1: I have well, I have questions about the escorting thing. But also you said, what are your goals that you said you have?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I really want to go into criminal justice. That's my goal. I want to be able to help people. I think that would be cool.
Speaker 3: Mm.
Speaker 1: So what do you what is it that you like about? Well, so, what exactly are you doing like as as an escort?
Speaker 2: Well, like I have an ad on a website and then these guys call me and then I take their information, like their ID and like their like business websites, and I looked through I try to make sure they're not like a serial killer, and then I'll go hang out with them. And it's not always like sexual.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Have you met interesting people doing this?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean at District Club, we're escorting people with like maybe weird kings and characters. I had a guy that like, Yeah, I had a guy that really wanted me to pee on him, but I haven't done it yet.
Speaker 1: Is that something you're interested in doing is peeing on someone?
Speaker 2: I mean some money, I might mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Have you ever have you ever like, like, who's the most memorable character you've come across in this line of work? Mmmm?
Speaker 2: I had a guy that really liked and I would like step on him. I've had guys like me in a fart in her face, should I don't know, shout.
Speaker 1: Out, shout out to our boy, Hank.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. Okay, so this is something that you're enjoying doing and you want to you would like to continue doing it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, for like maybe like another tenure.
Speaker 1: M hm, So I have a question, but this is so this I swear in my life this really isn't a like a form of judgment. Is a genuine question that I want to get your perspective on, because you seem like you really like this line of war work.
Speaker 3: Does it like.
Speaker 1: How does it affect your personal view and experience like of intimacy?
Speaker 2: I'd say it's pretty skewed. I think my sometimes my judgment of like men can be like pretty skewed because I don't know a lot of guys that the guys that I meet are like married or I don't know. I kind of feel.
Speaker 3: Bad about that.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm, go ahead, go ahead.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. I don't date or anything.
Speaker 1: So how how in what other ways do you think it's uh skewed your perception of men.
Speaker 2: Otherwise? I don't know. I mean, I tend to really like the guys that I meet, Like, I think a lot of people think they're like creepy, like maybe old guys, but like I don't know, like look really scary, but a lot of them are really handsome and I like them. The money is just a plastic.
Speaker 1: M What what made you first get into this line of work in general.
Speaker 2: Well, the stripping, I don't know. I was like eighteen and I really hated my job and I didn't want to work forty hours a week for what seemed to be like not a whole lot of money. So I quit my job. One day when I went into a strip club. I got started there and that's been really good for me. Dascorting, I don't know. I just did some research and I try not to like get murdered or anything, but just you post an ad online and there's that. I mean, you could get like arrested or something that that has happen to me.
Speaker 1: Does your do you like, do you talk to your friends about it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: My friends, No, my mom knows what what do they do they what do they have to say?
Speaker 2: They just want me to be safe?
Speaker 4: Yeah, mm hmm.
Speaker 1: That's good. Yeah, that's good. I I well, I'm I'm glad you're enjoying. I'm still hung up on the fact not because you like, like, why do you say that, like you can't do anything else? I'm not not I'm not not even like not even like being objected to, Like if you if you're like, oh, if you're saying like I don't want to do anything else. That's one thing. But I like the fact that you're saying I can't do anything else.
Speaker 2: I think it's a mix of both. Like I really like my jobs and I don't want to do anything else. I just make a good amount of money and I don't have to work super hard for it. I mean, it is hard work, but not like labor, like I don't know, like construction or something. And I know that I want to go into criminal justice eventually. It'll just take time.
Speaker 1: M hm, Well you know, well I don't. Yeah, that's the thing, right because even if even if it's not a lot of hours, it's like you're rewarded for I think, like in general, with like money and shit, you're never you're never like you're never compensated for your time. You're compensated for like a variety of things, you know, And so you're well because you're getting you're getting compensated not just for your time, but you're also getting you know, you're getting rewarded by nature of the fact that you're really, you know, putting yourself out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you mean like sexually, well, just I mean just.
Speaker 1: In general, like you know, whether sexually or just the fact that you're like willing to go meet a stranger and hang out with them and you know, be be cool to them and you know, make them feel you know, like they have some company.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I like. I like being able to meet people feel sen.
Speaker 3: M hm Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I think you know again, you know, whether or not like you're being, that's that's what you're being.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: I think rewarded for is your ability to you know, make people feel seen and uh, you know, accompanied more so than like, you know, I put an X amount of time into X amount of why thing and I get Z dollars.
Speaker 2: Right. Yeah, it's really cool talking to you. I don't know if you want to keep talking to me. This is being pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Was there? I guess Is there any other aspect of this that you wanted to talk about?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I just wanted to share take a roll.
Speaker 1: Is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 2: Mmm? No, but thanks for chatting with me.
Speaker 1: Bye, Gek, goodbye bye. Let have a good rest of your entire life.
Speaker 3: Hi is this Gek?
Speaker 1: This is who is this? This is Dev?
Speaker 3: What's up? Dev? Has life? Oh?
Speaker 2: My god?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 3: Life's good?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 3: What's up with you.
Speaker 1: I'm doing okay. Actually I have a little bit of a headache, but who cares, you know, who cares about Madville?
Speaker 4: You'll you'll work through hell.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, exactly, exactly exactly. Did you tell me your name yet?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Dev?
Speaker 1: D E V D E V Okay, all right, Dev? What's up? Dev? How's life? What's going on with you?
Speaker 2: Oh? Man?
Speaker 4: So I've I've recently come to a realization and I feel like you're a professional and I wanted to talk to you about it. You know, I've seen your videos. You see you really help people.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna I'm not a professional anything, but I'll I guess. I guess by the definition of professional, I'm a professional therapy gecko, so I can do that.
Speaker 4: That's professional enough for me.
Speaker 1: What's up, ma'am? Tell me? Tell me everything.
Speaker 4: So, like, I've recently gone into a new relationship and I love my boyfriend very dearly. However, he's forklifts certified and it's like a ha ha ha people also funny, funny meme forkless certified. But I've recently come to the realization that I it kind of turns me on, and I don't know why. Like he'll call me while he's at work and he'll be like, hey, guess what, babe. I'm like what, And he's like, I'm going on the forklift, and I'm just like, god damn sexiest thing ever. I don't even know. I don't even know.
Speaker 1: Why is this a Why is this a problem? This is a good thing.
Speaker 4: I don't even I guess it's not a problem. I guess.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Typically it's like midday, I'm like either at work or at school, and he'll just do it randomly, and I just call me up like I'm just gonna go on the forklift. Sometimes he'll honk the horn on the forklift, and I find that really funny too. I guess it's not a problem.
Speaker 3: I guess.
Speaker 4: I'm just confused as to why it turns me on.
Speaker 1: Why do you think it turns you on?
Speaker 3: Okay, that's a good question. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Maybe it stems from the fact that for a while there was like that like forklift certified meme going around. Maybe it's not I'm very much like kind of brain rodded. I'm twenty years old. I'm not I'm not you know, I don't know. Maybe it's just the fact that it stems from the fact that it was a meme at one point. But maybe it's also the fact that I know my boyfriend's accomplished. You know, I don't have my forklift certified license, my coworkers aren't forklift certified. But my man is that's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Mhm. Have you ever like seen him in the forklift or have you only have not?
Speaker 4: I I've only heard about it. We're doing long distance right now to its south. But ever and I've talked to him about it too, and ever since I've like brought it up with him. Anytime he's in the forklift and remembers, he makes an effort to call me, And I wish I could see him the forklist. I think that would like turn me on even more. But like I don't know what to be too much.
Speaker 2: I don't even.
Speaker 3: God, I don't even know.
Speaker 4: But like I picture him in the like if he goes in the forklift, I picture him in the forklift, and I'm like, damn, Like I could totally just watch you for hours drive around and use a forklift and move stuff. I don't even know what stuff he's moving with it. I have no clue, But I just know he drives the forklift.
Speaker 1: What exactly is the picture you have in your mind when you picture him in the forklift?
Speaker 4: Okay, I know he has to wear a hard hat because he's sent me selfie and he has to wear like seventh grade like think middle school science class, like clear goggle kind of things, like he has to wear those for like his eye protection.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I see the forklift like maybe a gray color, I don't know, maybe it's blue, and I know he has to wear these like greenish maybe blue overalls, overalls, I can use what he calls them. So like picturing him in a hard hat with middle school clear glasses and overalls on in a forklift, like driving it around and like honking the horn and the horn is like pretty high pitch. I just like I could genuinely if I was there in person, I could sit down and I could watch him like, yeah, that is my man, that is my man, Stay away, he's mine. I can picture it clear as day.
Speaker 1: And mm hmmm hmmm. Then you don't know what you don't know why this is? I mean, I think, I mean, I think, uh, you know, some people are attracted to a man in uniform. I think, uh, you know, being forklift certified. I think women in general attracted to competence, and I think being for forklift certified is a strong indicator of competence. Yes, so I think it makes total sense to me that you would be attracted to him when you were a kid. Did you have a crush on Bob the Builder?
Speaker 4: Yeah, don't do that to me. Oh man, No, I loved Bob the Builder actually thinking back, Yeah, no, I I watched that ship so often. Oh my god, Oh my god, odd, oh my god. My boyfriend's kind of like Bob the Builder. Oh no, wait, I shouldn't do sad. That's not a no, no, that's just a huge wow. See this is why I called you.
Speaker 1: Is Bob that? Would you put Bob the Builder on your like hear me out list?
Speaker 3: Yes? Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Does he? Does your boyfriend look like Bob the Builder?
Speaker 4: No, he has more hair. My dad looks like Bob the Builder.
Speaker 1: Oh holy shit, your boyfriend probably looks like your dad, and that's probably why my.
Speaker 4: Boyfriend does not look with my dad. My dad is as bald as a cucumber. My boyfriend has hair.
Speaker 1: No offense, it's not a bad thing. I think that's No, it's like a documented phenomenon as people want to date people that look like the parents for some reason.
Speaker 4: No, I've seen that happen.
Speaker 1: Damn, I don't know. That's pretty cool. I guess yeah, hopefully maybe when this drops, more guys are going to be like, I got to get forklift certified.
Speaker 4: I hope so like it definitely, you know, I think about like, Wow, at some point in his life before he met me, he set aside time to get forkless certified. And I just find that really attractive and like, you actually took time out of your day to become forkless certified, and now you're forklift certified and I get to hear about it and you get to be mine. But no, man, if you're listening, get forklift certified. Like easiest pickup line at bars too, Like if you're in a bar. I could totally picture it. Like if you're in a bar and you want to go talk to this girl and you don't know what to say, you can just go up to her and be like, hey, I'm Workliss certified and I think you're really cute.
Speaker 3: I would be hooked.
Speaker 4: I know I would be hooked. Like, oh my god, well, you're forkliff certified. Tell me more, you know, so, I don't know, maybe more men should do that.
Speaker 1: You guys are a long distance he.
Speaker 3: Said, yeah, we're long distance right now.
Speaker 1: Where's he at?
Speaker 4: He's in Louisiana.
Speaker 1: Do you guys, where'd you guys meet?
Speaker 4: We met online?
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 4: I'm in Kelly. I'm in Los Angeles and I do like art stuff online and he found my profile and we just kind of started talking to each other casually and it just kind of went from there. He's flown here before. I just actually recently flew out there. But he's playing with California next year actually.
Speaker 1: And on his like, like, what you guys connected on Instagram?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Does he have a lot of pictures on his Instagram of him in the forklift?
Speaker 3: He doesn't.
Speaker 4: Oh my, he does not, actually, And I'm going to get on his ass about that, because I need to flex that my boyfriend is worklift certified. I need more pictures of him in the forklift. Matter of fact, I need more pictures of him. I need more pictures of the forklift so that when he calls me and he's like, hey, babe, I'm in the forklift. I can picture the forklift. I can have a better image, right, I think that's.
Speaker 3: A good idea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe you don't want to see the forklift, right because I almost think I actually, you know it would be so tragic. Is if you see him in the forklift and it's like it's icky to you that it's that it's so different from how you imagined it in your head, right, Like I think when it cuts in like right, and like sexual and romantic fantasies, they're always they're always going to be better in your head than they are in real life. So I almost hope you never see or what you you're like your boyfriend in the forklift, only like stays in your imagination because that's where it's that's where it's gonna have the highest quality. That's where every one of your dreams and fantasies will have their highest amounts of pleasure to you. Is is in the form of dreams and fantasies.
Speaker 4: I have never thought of it that way. See, and this is I don't understand why you don't call yourself a professional, because that that makes a lot of sense. Actually, I don't want to see a picture of him. I don't mind as selfie if he's in the forklift. I don't want to see outside the forklift. Let's I'm gonna let my imagination or.
Speaker 1: In wild with that devastat anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before.
Speaker 4: We go, man, get forklifts certified. You know, maybe you double check your hear me out list. Maybe Bob the Builder can be added to it. And God bless this country and God bless America. And I love my boyfriend so much. I love you and uh he messaged me and he told me to say if I got on phone with Ghek, and he has no idea that I'm talking about this. He just knows that I tried to call you. So Hi, babe. I love you so much and I hope you were able to write the Forklift tonight because I miss you.
Speaker 3: But thank you so much, Gek.
Speaker 1: Thank you dev You have a good rest of the night.
Speaker 4: Yeah you too.
Speaker 1: Hey, what's up?
Speaker 3: Oh? Dang this the Gek?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Who is this?
Speaker 3: Oh? This is Sean Sean.
Speaker 1: Sean you texted me and you said I did mushrooms at your Edmonton show. It was a blast, but I had a revelation about my life, and it's been bothering me since I just got back. I just got back from Yeah, from Canada. I was in Edmonton over the weekend at McEwan University. That was a fun time. Thanks man, thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed it. So were you on when were you on mushrooms during the show or was it after the show?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I was on mushrooms during the show. I I took a couple of mushroom chocolates with the girl I brought, and yeah, it was. It was a good time, but kind of at the end of the show, I started having this revelation about my life and what I'm looking out of it. It's been weird, man, I don't can want me to explain more.
Speaker 1: Did we meet? Did we talk? Did I talk to you?
Speaker 3: No? No, I see. I tried to get meet and greet tickets prior to the show, but it said you had to be a me Quan student.
Speaker 1: So people not just so people know for the record, the school did that. I don't. I don't do like meet and greet tickets. I just usually I just stand around and meet everyone for free, usually just so people sucking you know.
Speaker 3: Anyway, Yeah, so I and then they were saying, you know, you can wait in a line and meet him if you hang out. And then I was kind of tripping ball a bit, and I looked at the girl I was with and I was like, we gotta go. She also she was yeah, and she was having a little bit better of a time I was, I think, and that was kind of helpful. But yeah, we went out in the town. We had some cocktails. But the whole time I was having kind of this Uh. I hate to bring up the topic because it's been beaten like a dead horse, but existential dread just thinking about you know, I had this idea of, you know, what I wanted in my life, the relationship to settle down and you know, have a life kid, so all that fun stuff. But in all that streamship I kind of will see your your trip to Iraq and just the experience and stuff you talked about. I kind of had this like flooding emotion of I haven't done enough or I haven't seen enough, and it was it was weird. And now it's you know, Monday, I'm back to my regular job and I'm thinking, what's the plan, what to do? Yeah, and it.
Speaker 1: Did the show gave you an existential crisis.
Speaker 3: Not the show, but just like I think my internal thoughts of you know, like just seeing how I was so happy, like listening to your show and go about you go go and Iraq and You're doing mushrooms and the forest and stuff, and I was like, man, all these experiences and I started thinking back to like, you know, some of the experiences that I've had in me not to compare anything, but it was more long, and I felt like I I owe myself more. It was just yeah, it was but.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I have a lot of thoughts about this. One is well, how are you? Were you a student? Are you?
Speaker 3: No? No? I drove, I drove like two hours away in different in a different city. Yeah, yeah, it was. It was sweet. Man. I wasn't gonna miss it. I fucking signed up for your text to say when you were coming in because I heard you briefly on one of your streams being like I'm coming to Emson and I was like, when so I walked in.
Speaker 1: So okay, the girl that you were with, like was it? Because sometimes because one of the tough things about like being on mushroom has been a lot of drug is like if you're with somebody and you're having an existential crisis, especially someone you're like fucking like you're intimate with, you know, like your girlfriend. Like was it like were you staring at her being like and she's just like enjoying the cocktails and You're like, Yo, what the fuck is this? What's going on?
Speaker 3: Honestly, man, when I think back to it now, I'm pretty sure I was like I was quite withdrawn. Like I noticed like during the night she was kind of just asking me like, hey, how you doing and stuff, and I wasn't giving any space to say shit going on in my head. I was like, oh, I'm good, I'm just you know, tripping, But in reality, I was fucking stinking one thousand miles an hour about my license. Shit. I had some drinks and it kind of chilled out. But then, like the residual effects of this later days has kind of been hit me. Yeah, just was like, I don't know if I'm ready to settle down. I'm twenty nine, you know. Current I had to move back in with my parents right after COVID, so I've had a lot of time to kind of just sit and save a little bit of money, not as much A. I probably wanted to, but I don't know. It's just by being back in my parents' place and you know, kind of just working my job money to Friday is kind of get I don't know. I think it's starting to get to me. And I didn't think it was getting to me as much as it has after that mushroom trip. But sorry to the Bible, no no, no.
Speaker 1: So before the mushroom trip, were you having these thoughts?
Speaker 3: You know sometimes but they would like they would fade away with you know, just like distracting myself. I guess with my everyday life like going to work and going to do my things outside of work, like my hobbies and things like that. And then I think it would just kind of settle in when you got of got time to yourself and you're thinking about life and kind of like you know, when you're not distracted, it kind of start to have a little more introspective thoughts. And yeah, but the streams just amplified it, I feel like, and I think a lot of it comes from like this current relationship I'm in. It's pretty new you and like in four months in she's super into me, really nice and everything. But I feel like part of me doesn't want to settle down with her, and I don't know the particular reason why. And then the mushrooms kind of made me realize, like, oh, it's because you haven't really like lived much of a life, Like why are you thinking about selling down? You know, you haven't done much? And that's kind of where I'm at.
Speaker 1: Wells, I have a lot of thoughts about that because and I don't know. You know, here's the thing. I don't have a kid, and I don't have a wife for a girlfriend. So I'm not a good authority on that, but I think in my head, I don't I'm not a good authority to talk about this. But like in my head, it's like ideally, whatever relationship you do get into or whatever, or you know, whatever life you kind of do build is one that like amplifies the lifestyle that you want to have, you know, I think there's this and that's and again I'm like I'm a bad authority on it, but that's how it feels like in my head, like this idea that like, oh, I have this kind of life I want to live, let me live as much of it as possible until I'm bored. And then let me quote unquote settle down and like sh I don't think that that works. Like, I don't think that happens, you know. I think it's like you will. I think you're always gonna wanna. If you're the kind of person that wants to do things and is ambitious or whatever, you're kind of always gonna I think that you're that's not I don't think that goes away. I don't think that there is just a moment where you're like, all right, I had my fill and now a time because I mean, yeah, I at that show. I talked about going Iraq, and I talked about my little adventures and stuff. And you know, it's funny to hear that you saw that and were like, oh, I don't like, what have I done with my life? Because I I'm on insta fucking I'm on fucking Instagram all the time, dude, And I'm I and I'm on Instagram all the time, and I'm seeing people doing things and I'm always like, fuck, I want to be doing things. You know, there's never a It's like food. You never you don't eat a sandwich and you go, you eat a sandwich and you go, that was a good sandwich. I feel satisfied, but you don't eat a sandwich and you're like, I think, I I think I've eaten. You know, I don't. I don't. I don't need to eat anymore.
Speaker 3: Sandwich.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're gonna want to keep eating sandwiches and drinking. It's like becomes these things, they become part of your homeostasis. I think. And again I'm a I'm a pad authority because they don't have a girlfriend and kids. But uh, I see, but I see people who you know, have kids and you know, have a significant other, and they they they're able to still kind of live life in some way. And you know, obviously, I think I think for people like that, I think having money is is a you know, a factor I think, you know, but also I don't know. But also I think, uh, some people just fucking figure out how to make it work and then they do. But so let's I mean you specifically, right, like, what what do you want to do? What are the things like when you when you're on your when you're tripping and you're like I want to do this, and then the other thing like what is it that you want to do?
Speaker 3: I think, honestly, man, it's like travel really, like really I really wanted to go to Thailand for most of my young adult life teenage life, and they traveled to eastern South East Asia and stuff. I don't know, it's just a experience like meet more people, you know, go to different places, and part of me. I don't know, maybe this is like a whole different thing, but I feel like I have to be single to do that. Like my brain goes like in this direction of like you can't you have to do this on your own, like and I don't know if it's because I don't feel strongly enough about a partner that I want to like experience that with them, or if I'm just like pigeonholing myself of like you know, get it being wellnely. I don't know, it's just been the whole thing. Like I have this feeling that I just need to like not have any super strong connections with anybody so that I can like you know, make these like do this traveling and see different parts of life and meet new people. Because like I just have this anxious feeling that by like accepting current situation even now, I won't maybe meet like someone else along the lines or experience certain things because I've settled down, I get keep going back to settled down things.
Speaker 1: But sure, yeah, yeah, yeah, I know you man, I know you.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: We'll tell you about this girl. What's her deal?
Speaker 3: She's chill, man. She I met her online Facebook dating.
Speaker 1: Spars Facebook dating, Well, hold on, I want to get hold on. We're gonna go on a tangento. We got to go on this day? What the fuck is going on on Facebook dating?
Speaker 3: Honestly? Man? So I did to play Xbox with this guy and I was kind was on the apps Tinder hinge, you know, and wasn't having the best time. I deleted them without really like meeting anyone. I was just kind of like random matches, shys about conversations with that whole stuff. And my friend that was playing Xbox this, I'll get to that. He told me. He's like, man, I met my girlfriend on Facebook dating and she check it out and I was like, oh, I don't know, man, Like Facebook dating seems like it's kind of just full of single moms. And he's like, it is, I'm dating a single mom and I laugh. So but anyway, in my desperation of loneliness, I downloaded Facebook Dating and starts whip. And I met this girl and she didn't have any kids, but she's near the area. We had similar music taste. Her profile was kind of like, it wasn't super getting like, I didn't tell much about her. We met out, we met up, hung out a few times, a pretty casual on me. I ended up figuring out we had pretty much the same taste in music. She's not from around here, so she's kind of like knew to the area. She grew up really Jehovah's witness family and that kind of had a lot of her life was held back from her from that culty like religion. So now as an adult, she moved away to Alberta when she was like twenty or something, and now he's been trying to just like live life and gain her own experiences. So she's she's chilling, man, she's down into anything, and like that whole therapy get go thing. I kind of just hit her like, I seen you were coming. I didn't want to go alone, although I probably live And I was like, Hey, do you want to go to therapy get coo? And she was like, what the fuck is therapy? GOTO showed her a few clips and she was like down, and so I asked her if you want to do mushrooms chocolates over there? And yeah, like it's been chill and there hasn't really been any like like major red flags and anything to make me not want to be in a relationship except my own internal thoughts of this uh, settling down type of mindset. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you have this like thing in your head of like I want to I want to fuck the world, not even like in a sexual way, just you know, like no.
Speaker 3: That's literally the best way to explain it, honestly, like I just want to take life. Yeah. Yeah, man, it's a lot of like this pent up And then it's stupid because I hear so many of your callers talk about like, you know, like the experiences they had, like anyone ranging from that one older lady that called I think she was a close to like fifty something to like even the train guy who fucking was like a young kid and traveling Like I had fallen into this thing where I'm like I'm getting too old and I need to make a choice when it's like dude, I don't know, I'm not that old, like come twenty nine, I don't.
Speaker 1: Know, Well, I mean, well aa not that I'll m be this idea that you have to make a choice is like, well, I don't know, I don't It's hard because I don't know. I don't know what you do for a living.
Speaker 3: Or what like you're I work at I work at a homeless shelter as like a like a support worker there.
Speaker 1: Do you get uh do you get time off?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, I get a pretty decent amount of time off, like two weeks paid vacation a year, and then they're really good at just giving you like unpaid time off. Like it's not a huge deal if you take time off in there. But I usually spend my summers going to visit my brother who lives in British Columbia. But I've been thinking about even just like taking a temporary highus from work.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, because like look, if they give you I mean, I'll tell you a little bit about my experience with this kind of stuff. Is like, so your job, like if they give you like unpaid time off, and like you're able to kind of like, you know, I don't know if the job gives you you know, I know it's a tough economy, is there can you save money? Doing this gig.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, yeah, I'm living with my parents right now. I could definitely save enough money. That's one thing too. I have no excuse on that, and like I've just been kind of living like I pay some rent here, but not enough that I should be like not having as much saved as I do, know.
Speaker 1: Because like, look I went I yeah, I went to Iraq. I was there for five days, you know, like I was. I was only there for five fucking days, and it felt like a lifetime. It's five fucking days. And so I mean, if you time things right and you save up and whatever, if you're you know, if you're like you want to go to Thailand, right, like yeah, like you know, you save up some money, you take you take off fucking whatever, Thursday, Friday, Monday, Tuesday, four unpaid days. If they're cool with that, right, then you got you got's enough time for you to, you know, run away, do you know, do a trip and feel like you got away with something. It doesn't always have to be. People are really stoked on the like like you go to hostels and stuff and everyone's like, yeah, man, I've been on the road for six months, nine months. I'm like I don't want to like fuck that. I don't want to do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it sounds like a lot.
Speaker 1: It's a lot. So you can actually, I think, especially because you said it's if they're cool with if you can find a job, that's like cool, it sounds like, yeah, that's cool with you, like you know, giving you some unpaid time off, and then like you know, you're living with your parents, you can save up some money, like you can do a little bit of both. You know, you can be with this girl but also be like, hey, listen, I gotta go to Frankfurt for four days just because I'm crazy. And if she's cool, she'll be like all right, yeah, I get you. Yeah that's cool.
Speaker 3: You know I have to go to afghanis Dan.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, exactly exactly. So there's like ways to do have you done so this? But this bug, this is like, yeah, I want to fuck the world. I want to do all this crazy crap. I get you, I have that thing. I have that thing too. What is like have you have you done anything like that before? Because also you also will build up in your brain uh an idea of what fucking the world looks like, and it's always different from what it actually is.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I did a bit of traveling when I was younger with my parents, but nothing nowhere like super crazy, and went to Mexico and Hawaii and then Las Vegas a couple of times. But the only thing a place I've been doing is a doll I went on like a groad trip to Cuba, which is pretty fun. But other than that, man, I've just been kind of fucking Like. I went to school and like switch degrees fucking three different times, and spent like a solid like six years in college trying to figure out what I want to do, and was working full time during that period. So I felt like a lot of my early twenties where I should have just not went to school and you know, worked some shitty job and traveled that I was kind of having that idea in the back of my head, like you need to, you know, get a job now and get an education so that when you're twenty nine you can settle down just that whole trap. That's why I really like hearing you tell people. I'm sorry to go off in tangent, but tell people that they should really like reconsider university or must they want to be like a doctor or lawyer or something, but you know, experience life. Because I had that idea that I had to jump into school and I had to get a job in order to have some sort of life. But in reality, I kind of just wasted my early twenties chasing something. I didn't really know what I was chasing.
Speaker 1: Well, do I do work in a field that has that degree?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I ended up leaving cool. I ended up leaving school to diploma in social work. But I'm not going back to school to get the degree. It's just in the field of social work. It's kind of get a degree if you're masters, if you want to work for the government, but other than that, it's kind of an experience based work kind of employment. So like, it's just the longer you, you know, le are in the field, the better opportunities are getting stuff. And I'm really good where I'm at right now. I make a decent amount and enough that I can live. Yeah, that's the thing I struggled.
Speaker 1: Yeah, go on, what are you gonna say?
Speaker 3: Oh, just the whole early twenties thing, Like I bounced between different jobs and stuff like this job I have right now, I've been there for the last two and a half years. It's like the first job I've actually not wanted to I'm alive myself after my work, you know, like I really enjoy what I do. So it's it's really cool. This whole last two and a half years, three years of working there and just being in the social work field has been giving me a lot of breathing room just think about other things in my life.
Speaker 1: I think, well, I think my ultimate take on this, and it is like, if it's something you even kind of feel like you want to do and you have the the resources to do it, which it sounds like you're set up in a way that you can do it, you know you should do it. But I don't think it has to be this. But I don't think it has to be the way you're talking about it is like it's like you're calling off a wedding or something for four months, like you can like you can, you can go on vacation, you know what.
Speaker 3: I habit of just doing that like an all or nothing kind of thing. Yeah, exactly, like just not taking it day by day sort of thing. It's always been an issue, but yeah, I think it's just talking it out. Is talking to out helps for sure?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have this. I have the same thing where a part of me goes like should I need to go to like I just have I just always have this fucking thing in my head that makes the I saw some TikTok that was like there's people who kind of like settle into whatever it is they're doing out of college and they're like, Okay, you know, I'll just do this, and they do it for thirty years and then that's it. And then there's people who like every five years they just get this urged they're like seekers, Like every five years they just get this urge to like destroy their life and start in there. And I'm like that that's me. That's me. That's me to a tea and you and I've I've done that, and then I've come back and I've been like, wait, I shouldn't destroy my life. I got a good life. And I've over time figured out like, Okay, how do I do a little bit of both? How do I have make room for you know, how do I make room to like have bananas and you know, uh like a workout routine and like just live like a normal person. But then also you know, do random ship. And I've kind of tried to like overtime build something that really intentionally looked like that, And it's possible. So I don't think you have to be either. I don't think you have to either be a vagabond or a office worker. I think there's something in between. A lot of people do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, you're right.
Speaker 1: Yeah did your did your girlfriend like the show?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Dude, it was fucking awesome. That girl, that girl Shane that came up on stage first and I know, yeah, that was wild. Yeah there, and then the other guy that got Yeah, I liked to him. I felt like we could be homies. Yeah.
Speaker 1: There was a girl that came on stage and talked about uh all of her.
Speaker 3: Like thinks that she's like I'm a something who Yeah.
Speaker 1: She said. She said that she was like addicted to like look it up with straight guys. And then like she told she talked about this like guy who was like, you know, gave he's he said, he like he gave her his home address and was like I'm gonna leave the door open, I'm gonna be blindfolded, face down, ass up, you come in and you do whatever you want.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's it. I like his like his bravery and that guy's that guy's take on just taking the world face down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, that guy does.
Speaker 3: That guy is uh, he doesn't stress about where to travel. I bet I don't think he does.
Speaker 1: I agree with you, man, I don't think that's a really good take. Yeah, that's not a very neurotic guy. That's not an anxious person. The guy who just just like the door is unlocked, steal all my stuff? Who cares?
Speaker 3: Yeah, respect to him? Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: What's your name again?
Speaker 3: Man? I think Sean other Sean? Yeah, Sean Sean.
Speaker 1: Sean was good talking. I'm I'm glad I got to catch up with someone who was at that show because that was a fun time. And also, yeah, I I empathize with you on a lot of your thoughts and feelings. But I do. I hope that because it's totally the kind of thing that when you talk about it aloud, you're like, oh, I'm I'm, I'm. I was building it up in my head.
Speaker 3: So yeah, pretty much, pretty much. It was really helpful. I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Good man. Is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Would you mind if I possibly shouted out my Instagram. I'm an amateur mixed march, life, flighter and more following I have the the better it is for me. Yeah sure, go ahead, Yeah you follow me on Instagram STC four zero three Underscore. Really appreciate you guys, Love you guy. Thanks for everything you do.
Speaker 1: Whether have a good way real quick? Where Canada you actually from? Because I'm gonna I think next time I told where. I want to do more of the like I've done, like Vancouver and Toronto and ship, but I want to do.
Speaker 3: I'm in Alberta in Edmonton. You came to like you came to Edmonton. I live like two hours south of there. You should do like Red Deer or Calgary. I live in red Deer. It's between Edmonton and Calgary. But you should definitely do Calgary. Man, it's a beautiful city. You like it a lot more of Edmonton's offense Edmonton but sick sick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Edmonton was a little depressed. I mean the show was great, but the city itself was a little depressing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we call it Gotham City.
Speaker 1: But take care Sean, Thank you man, you too, bye, Bud. Now, Edmonton was cool. We went to the mall, the Edmonton mall. Oh, here's my favorite part of Edmonton for uh the A and W. We went to a fucking A and W where they put the mug like they put like a glass mug in the freezer and then they take it out and they pour the roopier in it. That's the best thing about the whole city is they got anw's everywhere. Tim Horton's Tim Hortons destroys, destroys the shit ass Starbucks. Fuck Starbuck. I haven't talked enough on this podcast about how much I hate Starbucks. And they give you the little They give you like a teeny little, eaty bitty like their idea of like a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich is like an eaty bitty English muffin with a little bit of cheese and sausage and whatever. It's like a tiny little circle. You can make it with your pointer finger and your thumb. Seven dollars, go fuck yourself, Tim Hortons. They'll give you diabetes for three Canadian dollars. That's like one American penny. It's great. Hey, what's up? Everybody has a going It's Lyle and I'm here to end the episode by reading some viewer mail. But before I do that, I want to do a little thing. I want to let you guys know that I am currently in the process of planning another tour for twenty twenty six. This would be my fourth time taking Therapy Gecko on the road. I'm really excited to get back out there. I took a long break from doing shows and I feel like I've had adequate time to rest and chill and now I'm ready to get back out there and hit you guys with some stories from my life and combine that with some stories from the audience's life and you have a good time and do some shows. So if the idea of coming to a live show interests you, you can click the link in the episode description. I have a link that allows you to sign up for a text alert. It's very helpful to get the word out to people about the shows. If you sign up for a text alert, that will let you know when I am coming to your city, and it will let you know when I drop the tour dates. So go in the link of the go into the episode description of the podcast. I don't know why I'm stumbling over my words today, but go into the episode description of the podcast. Put your phone number or email in there so that I can let you know when I'm coming to your city in twenty twenty six, and especially if you live in New York City, because I'm going to try to start up a kind of a regular recurring show between now and that tour to kind of get some material together and practice being back on stage. But anyway, let's get into some GEK mails. This is from Marcos. Subject line, I ran my first marathon with my sixty two year old day. Hello, GHEK, I hope you were doing all right. We had talked before. I was the caller who destroyed your optimism with the metaglasses convo. I think I remember that. I think there was a conversation where I was being optimistic about the rejection of new technology, and then you told me about the metaglasses and I was like, Okay, well we're fucked anyway. On October fifth, I ran the Twin Cities Marathon with my father and two brothers. My father has ran many before in his prime, and he's always wanted to run one with his three sons. That was my main motivation to sign up. Oh that's cute. So I start training in January and I was very impressed with how far I can run. I felt limitless, as if I awoke a new potential within me. Race day came and I felt hella nervous. Everything was going fine until mile nineteen. I was lagging behind and they had started taking down the mile markers. So for the next six miles I had no idea how much further go, and I was in all sorts of pain. My mom decided to join me and my dad on the last portion of the race to motivate us. Thankfully, I made it to the finish line with one last sprint. I finished in seven hours and thirty minutes, and I would do it again. Oh shit, man, seven hours of running. That's cray AT's crazy. Shout out to my wife for supporting me the whole time. Shout out to my family for being there at the end of the finish line. Congratulations Marcos, that's cool. I don't know why I'm making everything about me, but I'd like to run a marathon one day. I don't know. I don't know if I'm ever gonna do that. I don't like running. I like walking like I would I could easily. I mean, I don't know about easily. But like if you were like, hey, you want to go on a fifty mile walk, I'd be like, sure, that sounds like it could be fun.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: I like a nice pace, but a run is like if I don't have anything to run from, I don't really want to run, but I'm glad that you did it. Someone's got to do it. Think. You know what always confused me is the like like the breast cancer awareness walks and like not specifically breast cancer, but you know what I mean, where it's like walk for diabetes, walk for cancer type of stuff, like when we were growing up. I'm sure they still do it, but because I always thought I was like when I was a kid, I thought that somehow the walking itself cured the cancer. And now I realized, no, you pay. I think this is how it works. You pay. I've never ran one of these things, but you pay money and then you do the walk, and then they donate the money to like a cancer research place. But don't wouldn't You don't have to do the walk, You can just do the give the money. It should be called money for should be called money for cancer, folks. I'm going on tour. It's gonna be great now. I'm yeah, that sounds uh, sounds good. I'm glad you did that. Okay. Interesting. This is from Shade, subject line unhappiness while happy. Hey, Lyle, I've been wanting to message you forever. You can read my silly email name if you'd like. But I'll go by Timothy. Okay, I'll call you Timothy. I have everything a man could say they want, but I'm pretty chronically unhappy. I have a fiance and we had a baby recently. She's a year and a half old and the light of my life. And we have two cats and a dog. The worst thing about my living situation is living with my fiance's mom, who is seventy and always talks in a baby voice and pushes boundaries by always just being in our grill and being Hella overbearing. I live in Texas, where weed is illegal. I got in trouble twice consecutively for the Penjamin and Bud after that six year to all I wanted to do when I was twenty six and done with that was travel. Wait, hold on, after that six year debacle, did you get did you get thrown in jail? What is the six year debacle? I'm gonna assume you got thrown in jail, but I don't. Okay, anyway, all I wanted to do when I was twenty six and done with that was travel. I've already traveled a lot as a kid to New York and London, but not nearly as much as I wanted to. But almost right after I got off probation, Okay, there it is, I got with my fiance and we made our baby. Who is my mini me. That's cute. I have a chronic case of wanderlust, and I'm diagnosed to bipolar, depressive and an insomniac. I deal with this by smoking and drinking constantly. I know it's a terrible way to self medicate, and I need to probably just get on meds like you instead of killing my liver faster with alcohol. I'm not on any SSRIs. I take stimulants and they're fucking great. But anyway, but I've also had a plenty of times where I was trying to where I also self medicate, uh severely with you know, weed and alcohol and masturbation. So you know, I mean we can we can kind of go eye to eye on this. Uh, I probably need to get on meds, like you instead of killing my liver faster with alcohol. But it's a remedy that's right there, and it's become habitual. That's the dude. That's one of the hardest things about like taking fucking meds is you go to the doctor and the doctor's like, Okay, we have a thing and it might make your situation a little bit better or it might make it way worse, and you have to take it for three months to find out. That's what getting on SSRIs is like. And then and then alcohol is like, hey, you want to make that you want to make that ship stop right fucking now. Obviously you know it's not a good idea you go into, you go into a form of emotional debt. But again I'm not gonna say I don't get it. I yearn for the empty roads, for the sites, for the feeling of living something I should have at a younger age. I'm only twenty nine now, but in eighteen years, when my baby is bigger, I'll be damned near fifty. My life as a kid was pretty traumatic, so substance abuse issues when I was a kid were prevalent. But now it's just the beer. My dad died drinking and driving when I was eight, and my dad's dad was a Vietnam vet who had PTSD and hardcore depression. He drank himself to cirrhosis of the liver. I can't follow these assholes to a young grave, mostly for my daughter, but also I always told myself i'd break the cycle, and here I am looking my daughter in the face, debating when to take the first drink of the night, closer to bedtime. I have a lot more to talk about, and this isn't laid out the best, but Thanksghek for everything you do. I've been listening for five years and any advice would be great. Hmmm, you know, well a few things. I mean, this is definitely real therapist stuff. But I do have thoughts, you know, I will have a lot of I have a lot of thoughts. Why. I want to know, why are you unhappy? Because I'm thinking about times in my life where I've like self medicated with alcohol or weed er whatever it is, and it's because I was unhappier because I was really stressed, and you know, like you said, it's right fucking there, you know, and then all these like external the mere presence of external things in your life, like your fiance and your baby and your your job and whatever. It like, the mere presence of positive external things in your life is useless if you can't if you don't have the internal shit figured out to like appreciate them and like dive into them, you know. I mean it also sounds like you. I mean, yeah, you definitely have some kind of like biological issue going on that you've got to talk to a professional about. And I'm trying to think of like advice just from my own experience of like depression and substance shit. I mean, you're definitely you're doing way better than your dad and your dad's dad did, doing way better, doing way better than your dad and your dad's dad did a because you're not I hope you're not drinking and driving. You're not dead, and you see, I don't know something about I don't know your dad. I don't know your dad's dad. But I don't know if your dad and your dad's dad ever had the self awareness to, you know, send an email to a lizard asking for advice, you know. I mean, that's a bare minimum amount of self awareness that it seems like you have. And I and that's the whole thing, right. It's like knowing you have a problem as part of solving the problem. So that's good. You seem to know a lot about yourself, Timothy. You seem to know a lot about yourself, which is great because some people they're just floating right, Like, you know, you're just getting drunk just because there's nothing else to do, and you're fucking floating and you're you know, just feel like you're drowning. But you got a lot of good information. You know, you know that what you're experiencing is part of a cycle from your family. You know that you love your daughter. Some people don't know that. Some people don't Some people like look at their kid and they're like, I don't know if I like if I love this kid, or some people look at their significant other and they're like, I don't know about this person. But you see, you know, I could tell that. You know, you know that you like to travel. That's great. You know what you don't want? You know you want to be a good dad. You know you want to be a good husband. You know you want to you know, you want to get better. That's the thing. Some people don't want to get better. Or they don't even know what to f they don't even have like rolls to slip in, Like that's a big thing that people get the just people get lost to you know, they don't have a they don't have somebody to be a good father to or to be a good husband to, or they don't have a thing in life to even like show up to. But you've got some stuff that you know in your gut is worth showing up to. And so if I had to give any advice to this email, I would say like, well, okay, you know, make a list or at least a mental note of these things that you want to be and you want to show up to and go from there, because I don't think I don't know if you can just I'm not a life coach or anything like that, but I'm just like talking out of my ass here. But I don't know if you can just like stop drinking or stop whatever your negative behavior is. I think, at least in my case, I've always had to replace it with something else. Like if I'm like, for example, if I'm addicted to porn, I'm addicted to like whatever it is, and I'll notice if I'm in the if I'm doing something that's positive, or I'm like fulfilling one of my positive values or whatnot. I'll be like, oh shit, it's been two days since I've jacked off and I didn't even have to try, you know, because you're busy on something else. I think that wander lust shit, because I have that too. I think that comes from like a we talked about it early in your episode, like you want to fuck the world, you know, and sometimes sometimes they just want you need a change of state, or you're just like, dude, I'm trying to verbally express a feeling I have in my gut right now, and maybe some people understand it. But like, yeah, sometimes that manifests in like beautiful stuff and the other times that manifests in fucking drinking yourself to death. But shit, that was a whole rant and ponder. I don't know if those I don't know if this was helpful to you in any way, Timothy, but hmmm, that's my takeaway. I don't know if this is helpful for you just having somebody else read this, But my main takeaway from this is that in your email, you have lined, you have outlined things that you care about, and so you have a direction. I can't give you advice on I I can't give you advice on how to move in that direction, but I can just tell you my perspective reading this email is that you have a direction, which is more than most people have. So you know, take a look at that. I hope that was helpful. Okay, Oh, here's this. Oh I read this one off off the mic, just like when I was I was just look at the get mail on my phone and I thought it was really funny. I took a screenshot of this and I sent it to my group chat with my friends. That got nine laugh reacts. Okay, this is from Tom subject and this is from Tom. It just says, Hey, GEK, just wondering why every episode is about sex lately everyone just talks about sex. There isn't any therapy happening here. Just talking about sex. Used to be really cool and interesting stories told. Now it's just sex. Hope it gets interesting soon. Exclamation points. I don't know what to tell you, Tom. People really, people really like having sex. It's one of the main things. It's it's it's real. Sex is really our only it's the only like logistical meaning of life. I think because we're humans. We try to kind of come up with other things and they always end up leading back to sex. But yeah, that's what that's like. Our biological function, stay alive, reproduce. Humans are interesting. We figured out a way to reproduce without the baby part. Isn't that interesting? We were like, wait, this just feels good. Let's just do it without the whole having a baby part. Isn't that crazy? Like biologically we're supposed to reproduce once. Well, I guess I don't like biologically, every time you have sex, the purpose is to make a baby, cald You imagine if every time you had sex you made a baby. That's what they used to do. But we're geniuses. We meant to condoms, we meant to contraceptives, and we were like, let's just do it just for fun. And so people are having fun. Now it's fun to you should try having sex, Thomas. It's nice. I'm not even I'm not saying that as like a diss too. You you might have a lot of se you might have. I actually think this this emailer has so much sex that the reason they're tired of hearing about people talk about sex in the podcast is because they're like, I have sex so much in my regular life. I listen to the Therapy Gecko podcast to get away from sex. And in that case, Tom, I'm I'm sorry, but you know, out of control what people say on here. I mean, I kind of do a little bit. I you know, I'll edit out calls that I don't want to put in the podcast. But you know, sex is a universal concept. It's not even like a human universal concept. It's like a biological universal concept. So you know it's going to come up. That's all I'm saying. This is from Rolin subject line twenty six years old without social media, high Gecko. I'm a twenty six year old male and I'm lit, and I no longer have social media or scroll away hours of my life on my phone. It's come with its drawbacks, but not really the ones you'd think. I've gotten a lot of my friends and family telling me to get off my high horse, and I'm just trying to be different and better than all of them. What that's crazy, By the way, you are better than all of them. I want you to know something. If you and this goes to everyone, if you don't have social media, you you are better than everyone else. If you don't have social media and you don't eat meat, and you run five miles a day and you.
Speaker 3: Like eat.
Speaker 1: Like fruits and vegetables, you are You're better than everyone else. You are objectively much better of a human being. If you like, if you give to charity, like you just you just are you're better human being than everyone else. And I think, I think you get to be. I think the reward because it's a lot of work being better than everyone else. And you know, it's a lot of work to remove yourself from your vices and like try to do the things you're supposed to do. And part of the reward of that is that you just get you get to be better than everyone else. It's a it's a totally totally fair system. That's why I don't care. I don't care if someone is pretentious to me about their achievements or about like like if you if we're talking and you're acting like you're better than me because you don't eat meatia, you don't have social media or whatever virtual or you read whatever virtue thing is. I don't get offended at all. I think you're right and you deserve to be able to do that. But I also also, Rolin, I don't know you, but I think you're a good guy. I don't even think you're being a dick about it, which fucking makes you even better.
Speaker 3: That makes you.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Roland, you're so much better than everyone else because I can tell you're not being a dick about it when you are well within your right to be a dick about it. I'm impressed by you, Rolin. Okay, let me finish reading, then email. I don't think that's the case. I'm not like the annoying, overbearing preacher telling people they must stop scrolling or they were perish in the depths of hell. They can do what they want. I just don't want to waste any more of my time. I guess what really bothers me is that whenever someone asks for my social media, I say I don't have social media, and apparently that's a red flag. Hold on, Okay, you don't know this because you don't have social media rollin, But like, dude, there's a phenomenon going on. I've both seen it on TikTok and I've like talked to people about it, where like women want a man with no social media, and I've some people have. I don't think this is true. I don't think this is like in general, but I've talked to a lot of people lately who are like, I want a boyfriend with no friends who plays sudoku in his room alone. I think there's a lot of people who don't want that, but there's a certain but like, actually, I think a lot of people find that attractive, or like I'll see some TikTok where it's like manifesting this and it's like an Instagram account with no posts, no followers, and no one they're following. So I don't think it's a red flag necessarily. Also when I'm also like, I mean that whatever I gave the dating aspect of it, but also like, if I meet someone and they say they don't have any social media, I immediately find them. I immediately am like, oh, you actually genuinely are di from for everyone else. You're way more interesting. I want to talk to you. You have more interesting thoughts. I just believe that, So it's a green flag. The follow up question is why don't you have it? It bothers me because if I don't have a real answer that makes any sense, Yes, you do, you totally have a real answer that makes sense as to why you don't have it. You don't have it because it's a waste of your life. You don't have it because it makes you It increases depression, and it makes you compare your life to everyone else instead of living your own life. It wastes a ton of time. It makes you fucking anxious. Dude. The most calm I fucking feel is if I go like a few days without looking at my phone. My phone makes me so fucking anxious. And we know it too, and we just keep doing it. Sincerely, a social digital ghoes somewhere in the middle of Canada. That would be depressing to me. I was just in the middle of Canada at a fun time. But it's too isolated from other people. I think the Yeah, if you can just be around real human beings, then you're good. I mean, have a phone, have like a phone number, have a notes app. But you're not missing anything, man, You're not missing an It's like, I mean, whatever, I don't want to be the eight hundredth person to go on this ramp. But it's like we're just getting programmed, dude, We're just getting programmed. You have a fresh, interesting mind. You're not programmed by anything. Oh rollin. Your friends and family suck, dude. No, they I don't know. I don't know them. I don't want to say that, but I will say that you're better than all of them. I'll say that with confidence. All right, let's do a couple more emails. Subject line I did copious amounts of Molly that I was meant to sell. What's up? Ghek reezi Here, I'll get into it. My friend got married in September of twenty twenty two. That same night was first introduced to Molly. I remember my friend telling me, whatever I do, do not take it alone in my bedroom. Why so I did, and soon regretted it after I began overthinking and hyperventilating because I had zero knowledge on what the substance would do to me. Okay, that makes sense. After a few minutes, I managed to calm down by listening to music. I left my house and crashed at a friend's place. He was pretty chill about the situation. October was rolling around, No pun intended. That was me saying that no pun intended. He did not write no pun intended. October was rolling around, and it was time for me to go back to college. Here's where things get messy. I asked my friend for another one to take with me to college, and then he asked if I would be interested in taking a whole bunch to sell, maybe young entrepreneur here. I agreed, and there I was in my dorm with more Molly than I know what to do with. For the next series of days, I began just popping them will playing niche custom games and Overwatch, and listening to music until one night I realized nothing was happening anymore, no buzz or restless feeling. I managed to sell only one pill and completely used the rest safe to say, after paying for the whole batch, I'm done with drugs altogether. The next year felt odd. I was slightly less connected to everything, slightly slower and more stoic, Even with the probable irreversible damage. It was a somewhat profound experience. Easy thank you for sharing, Reezy. I'm gonna say it, Molly is the best drug that is invented. It's the best drug I've done. I haven't done a full, full, full dose of molly in like three and a half years, but I've done like a teensy bit between now and then, And I mean, yeah, it's the best, like a full and that's the way to do Molly. You can't like do it every day. It's not you can't do it every day because they'll just fuck your ship up. And the first time you ever do it is like as like nothing else, it's the goddamn best. But yeah, I mean I've been to music festivals before where people are like, yeah, we're gonna do it every day of this four day festival and they have a good time. But it's too much. It's too much. How much was that whole thing of Molly also doing it a lot? Also there's people who do it. It's fun to do with. For I it's great to do like like I don't go to the club. I don't like the club, Like I don't have a good time there. I think too much, I can. I can only really say this as like an anxious overthinker on drugs guy, is that there's there's certain drugs that like take you put you, take you in, and then drugs that take you out. And I'm a very in guy. I'm always thinking, always in my head. I'm like, you know whatever, Molly's fucking great because it just it like removed, it like removes your ability to not be in the present. Like I just, oh, I'm just so fucking present when I'm on it, and and I don't even because and when I'm there, I don't even give a shit with what's around me. You know, if I'm like in these if I'm like high in the club, I'm like, none of these people would give a shit if I died. And you know, I said that was trying to be funny when I said that, but it came out depressing. Sh I'm having a good time talking into this microphone. I hope you guys are here with me, but yeah, like acid or shrooms and stuff. I don't know why people do that shit at music festivals, because it takes you in where Molly just brings you out. So like I've been like the last time I took Molly, I was at some music festival like three years ago, and uh, and then I got separated for the people I was with, And then I just went back to the hotel and I sat on the toilet and I had a fucking I was just thinking about how much I love my life, and I just had a great time alone on the toilet doing molly, So you can do it on the toilet, or you can do it with friends. What else can you do on the It's one of the few things that you can have a lot of fun doing both alone on the toilet and with friends. Pooping only fun alone on the toilet. There's a wider range of things that are funner that are more fun to do alone on the toilet than with friends. Pretty Much anything that is fun to do with friends is also fun to do alone on the toilet. Shitting and pissing is not fun to do with Actually, I mean if you each have your own toilet, I feel like, yeah, if you if I mean yeah, if you're like out with your friends and you're sitting at a bar and you take a big shit and your friends all actually that sounds fun too. If like, you're we're all out at a sports bar and one guy's let and there's six of you and one guy's like, hey, you guys, I want to take shits together, and you do and you smell bad and you're laughing and you're diarry ing and you're connecting. They actually does that? Actually does sound more fun than doing it alone. So never mind, I think there's I think you'll have more fun. I think most things are more fun to do with friends than alone on the toilet, including pissing and shitting. All right, that was the Therapy Eco podcast. I felt good about this one. I thought it was fun. I hope you guys enjoyed it. Please go to Therapy Gecko Tour and also check the link in the episode description so that you can get notified when I come to your city in twenty twenty six or when I do my little quick New York shows. I'm I'm telling some I'm coming out with my Iraq videos soon, but you know, in the show, I'm gonna tell some stories that are not in the video, and I also have some other stories from my life and travels and whatnot that I'm gonna tell. So you know, I'm putting together a show that's gonna be like fifty percent chatting with the audience, fifty percent doing comedy and storytelling and stuff like that. So go check it out. There be gecko tour dot com. I'm Lyle. I appreciate you listening to the show. Thank you guys very much for being here. I read all the Spotify comments alone on the toilet because I'm insane. So oh, if you want to so, if you want to say, if you want to write something that you know for sure I will see, that's the place to do it. Anyway, Thank you guys, See you on the next. One goes on the line, taking your phone calls every night, the bed goes to his ride.
Speaker 3: He's teaching you
Speaker 1: A loud in them of your life, but he's not really an expert.