Speaker 1: Hey there, folks, it is Thursday, April second. A breaking story right now, Attorney General Pam Bondi has been fired. And with that, welcome to this episode of Amy and TJ. We say fired with a nod and a wink and a smirk. And I don't know what else we're going to share with you some of the back and forth and how we all found out, but rogues, this is a big deal for the second time. And what a week. A very high profile and a high profile female in the president's cabinet has been let go.
Speaker 2: I was just going to say, two of the most prominent women within the administration, within days of one another, have now been fired. And we know that Christy Nome has been replaced by a white man, and there is now word that the same thing is happening with Pam Bondy as well. And look, this is now a pr campaign at this point, because look, we talked about this on Morning Run today, New York Times and CNN both had independent sources and reporting suggesting this was going to happen as soon as today, and lo and behold it does. But my issue we were just talking about before we came on, Look, this happens in every administration. We understand that presidents go grow frustrated with or don't like how certain members of their cabinet are performing, or perhaps don't like how they're being received by the public. Either way, this happens in every administration. However, I always find it so interesting that people or our administration or our presidents don't just speak the truth. They don't shoot straight with us, and they try to act as if this is an amazing person who's going to spend more time with their family. I say that because that's just something people say, but it's they've been fired. But there's never an actual acknowledgement of that from the administration.
Speaker 1: And we are speaking about that because of the statement we are going to that you hear now from the President in making this announcement. Again, this had been previewed, if you will, by multiple news outlets today, but the president's officially mate has be known a short time ago by posting this on truth Social Again, we use the word fired. Everyone has used the word fired. Here are the words the President use.
Speaker 2: Yes on Truth's Social he said, Pam Bondi is a great American patriot and a loyal friend who faithfully served as my Attorney General. Over the past year, Pam did a tremendous job overseeing a massive crackdown and crime across our country, with murders plummeting to their lowest level since nineteen hundred. We love Pam and she will be transitioning to a much needed and important new job in the private sector to be announced at a date in the near future, and our Deputy Attorney General and a very talented and respected legal mind, Todd Blanche, will step in to serve as acting Attorney General. Thank you for your attention to this matter, President Donald J. Trump. My question is, does anyone leave a prominent position like Attorney general after a year because they have an opportunity to serve in the private sector for a lot more money.
Speaker 1: Happens all the time.
Speaker 2: Okay that actually, uh, does I know what I'm asking that? Because I did think that that is possible after just one year? Is my question?
Speaker 1: Okay, bro this okay, I give him credit, and maybe this is a bit of loyalty. Is to try to make it seem or come across as best he can the idea to say she's transitioning to something somewhere that will soon be announced at a later date. Almost sounds comical. It's comical. Fine, and again I give him credit and I will on this one if he's trying to just make it sound better.
Speaker 2: Robes.
Speaker 1: This was wide reporting to the point of silliness this morning. You and I have been in this industry a long long time, and it used to be one source was okay. He got to the point you need it too. The industry standard became three robes. We saw folks like The New York Times doing four and more sources about this story happening.
Speaker 2: Yes, and I actually even just read to you. NBC News just put out something that said President Donald Trump has grown dissatisfied with Attorney General Pam Bondi and was considering replacing her, eight people familiar with the situation said before he ultimately fired her on Thursday. Eight people, I've never seen that before.
Speaker 1: This is a story like this, somebody that high profile, with the high stakes there are in politics, a news organization knows better than to just put out some rumor or something they heard. Yes, they made sure they asked, and they asked, and they asked and they asked. When you start seeing The New York Times got four sources on this this morning, CNN had three. You're talking about eight. The writing was on the wall. The thing, I guess robes A lot of people looked and say, well, who WHOA wait a minute. She was right by his side yesterday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so she was, And I think we even talked about this on his way to the Supreme Court, which was the first for any sitting president to go listen to the arguments for the Supreme Court, listening to whether or not birthright citizenship should be changed or amended or limited. I guess is what the President has asked. But Pam Bondi was seen traveling with him from the White House to the Supreme Court. She was right there with him at his prime time address yesterday evening on Thursday evening, there she was, And he even spoke of her yesterday. Because obviously these rumors have been circulated, so even as early as this morning, President Trump said to NBC News, Attorney General Pam Bondi is a wonderful person, and she is doing a good job. My issue is, look, I understand you don't want to He's doing his best to give her the kindest send off possible. But when you have sources saying one thing and rumors of a heated argument that apparently took place last week between the two of them, where you've got multiple sources describing one thing and then publicly you're hearing a complete opposite story line. It's just again we wonder why there is distrust in our government. This would be exhibit A no.
Speaker 1: I give them. Look, yeah, this always happens. Things start leaking, sources start talking, and an administration is trying to get ahead of it, or not to confirm anything, or not trying to get ahead of announcement they know might be coming. These games get played all the time.
Speaker 2: I get that, I get that, and I'm not naive, But I'm just wondering what would a world look like in which you could actually have an administration. Say, Pam Bondi is a wonderful person. We think the world of her, and her legal expertise is beyond reproach. However, we aren't necessarily on the same page on a couple of things, and so it's best for Pam to move on and for us to bring in someone who we feel like is a better fit for our administration. We wish for the best, and there's no hard feelings, but at least there's some honesty in there. I just feel like to act like she's the best Attorney General ever, She's an amazing human being, she did such good work, but we're firing her. That doesn't make sense. And I understand, I get the pr behind it, but I'm just wondering why we can't actually have an honest and still kind conversation about moving forward. Or people lose jobs all the time, people go in a different direction all the time, people get divorced, and they can still say kind things about each other. But to not acknowledge, but to not acknowledge there was an irreconcilable difference or some sort of issue, To not even acknowledge that there was an issue is what I always find to be strange. Like we're smarter than that, We get it. You can be honest with us and still say she's a great person. She could be an amazing lawyer and an amazing human being, and it still turned out it wasn't the right fit. And that's okay.
Speaker 1: One issue that's going to have to be dealt with is if she's going to be showing up what mid April, the committee investigating the Epstein investigation House Overside Committee has called for her to testify. I believe they do have it on the books April fourteen, April for April fourteenth. Does this do anything to it? It shouldn't. It doesn't matter what her status is necessarily, but Garcia, who's on that committee, has already said this change is nothing.
Speaker 2: So I was just going to say, can you imagine, so she is scheduled to testify, she's been she's been compelled to testify April fourteenth, that is next week. If President Trump replaced her fired her within days of her testimony, and that was the reason why she didn't testify. Can you imagine the conspiracy theorists and what would happen if that were the case. I can't. I cannot think of a scenario in which she wouldn't testify without massive repercussions and massive fallout and everyone would say, oh, well, this is why he let her go. So I that would be insane if she didn't testify.
Speaker 1: Okay, now to what you are saying here, now, there are plenty plenty of reporting from these NBC news and like that this was he's grown frustrated with her for months. So it's not like just now because she's been called in to testify. That is the one argument.
Speaker 2: Again, I'm not saying that that's what is true. I'm saying that's what the would be. Okay.
Speaker 1: So here's the other thing. I thought this was the direction you were going to go. What if she's pissed. What if she'll say I'll show up on the fourteenth, fifteen, and sixteenth if you want me to, and she decides to go scorch dearth any chance.
Speaker 2: No, she's too smart. I don't think she's too smart for that. She knows this isn't just about losing an administration job President Trump and certainly the folks who support him. No, you don't want to make an enemy of him. And I think she's acutely aware of that because she was tasked with, many people would say, basically trying to seek legal revenge against folks who had done just that. So she understands more than most of us do, what President Trump's appetite is for pursuing revenge through legal means for people who have crossed him. So I would think her more than most would know not to do.
Speaker 1: So you are, I can't It crossed my mind for us. Second, I thought you were going in that direction, but that there is zero chance for me that that would take place. So why exactly that the President's sour on Miss Bondi state here will explain what everybody is reporting, what was the issue, and why did this have to happen? Now stay here, we continue here on Amy and TJ. The news just breaking this afternoon that Pam Bondi, the attorney general, has been fired by President Trump. He did put out a nice truth social post about her, saying that she's wonderful, but saying she's going to be transitioning to a yet to be named or created or something job in the private important. He is a it was a critical role in the private sector. Fine and Dandy rose the writing on the wall. This is a she might have had the most difficult job in the administration because she was tasked with going after essentially, hey, go after that person. Figure it out legally. That was a pretty tough job and that is certainly one of the things people are wanting to that led to her demise. But Robes, it's I mean, if you gave, you don't have to wait and think that long, and that hard to figure out why he might have had an issue with the jobs he was doing solid by Epstein.
Speaker 2: Uh. Look, she was not able to get indictments against folks that he wanted to pursue legally, she went through grand juries. They chose not to indict. There was also this concept of the Jeffrey Epstein file saga and how the files were released when they were released. That was kind of on her. And so if there was any criticism about the Epstein files release and the transparency of all of that and any criticism about it, he can just point to her and said she messed it up. She didn't do it right, correct. I mean.
Speaker 1: That was obviously and widely reported. That was a big part of why she is now out of this job. We don't know where she'll land. Of the lasting memory at least I have or I remember her is her essentially juxtaposing her confirmation hearings with the last couple of hearings she's had on Capitol Hill. There was so much good will for her, I would say, in a lot of ways from both sides of the aisle, when they greeted her and were respectful to her and the questions they asked in her confirmation. I just remember that having a particular tone that wasn't like the others, and I was frankly, I remember her family sitting there, and I felt hopeful that, Okay, they like her. She's she seems sharp. Even if she it doesn't matter what I don't know. I was very, very hopeful. And then she had a couple of confirmation hearings where she was unrecognizable, at least to the woman that we had been introduced to. She was combat of, She had a list of things she wanted to throw back in their faces. She showed up there not to answer questions but to be an attack dog for the president, and that was a bad, bad look for.
Speaker 2: Her on a couple Interestingly, you just said she was an attack dog for the president. Right, she was his attorney general. You would think that would have garnered some support from him. That she was basically taking incoming and returning fire on behalf of the president and clearly not necessarily representing herself in the best flight, but doing it in protection of the administration's policies.
Speaker 1: Nobody, nobody was applauding her performances. They were shocking robes, they were shocking in how she went at them. Doesn't matter. Democrat Republic just answered some questions. It doesn't robes. We've seen a lot of hearings of any kind and senators their moments, so you know they're going to do their thing for the camera and some sit there and they take it and they're fine. But she has a job. I wrote, I was shocked, and I was I was shocked. So panbody's gone, Christinome is gone. Who's next?
Speaker 2: Who's next? Uh? You know, I don't know, but this is It's been interesting to have these two in a row so quickly. And we just got word that she might be gone what last night yesterday, and boom, less than twenty four hours later, turns out it was true. I was thinking maybe even the president, obviously he reads the news. He's very aware of what people are saying, and certainly with the New York Times and what CNN is reporting, I would think that maybe even just to say face, he'd be like nah, and he would have waited a little bit. I was actually surprised to have it happen this quickly given the reporting that was going on yesterday.
Speaker 1: Because that reporting was in obviously accurate. This was imminent. Everybody was reporting it. So the point wrote, if you get that many sources, they've gotten to a point they're comfortable enough speaking. Oh oh, this is happening. So Pambondy is out after fourteen months at the helm of the Justice Department, Todd Blanche taking over in the interim. We'll see who gets a gets that most difficult job in the administration long term.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the rumors were, at least the I shouldn't say rumors, The reports were that the EPA, correct, the EPA secretary was the top man potentially for that job. I don't know much about him at all. Obviously we know Todd Blanche. He was the president's former personal attorney, correct, and certainly handled. He of course became a household name after the Glenn Maxwell interviews, and so he has been very loyal to the president. So that makes a lot of sense. But in terms of who he turns to next, this will be interested because this person will have to be confirmed by the Senate. Correct, So this will be a whole other process for the President that we will be following here as you know. So thank you everyone for listening to us. We always appreciate you. I'm Amy Roboc alongside TJ. Holmes. We will talk to you soon.