Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys blowing out of the backfield, flowing down the sideline.
Speaker 1: He is Hanging with the Boys, presented by Wing Stuff where Flavor gets its wings. Now, your hosts, Nate Newton, Kurt Daniels, Jesse Holly, and Shannon Gross.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the show, The People's Show, Hanging with the Boys Home Day, Jesse Holly, Kurt Daniels, Nate Newton, Shannon Gross, Chris being back on the ones and twos And you're looking live at we might lose Chris halfway through the show. You're looking live, Yeah, big cornhole tournament looks like set up out there.
Speaker 4: There were.
Speaker 3: Cornhole used to mean something else when I was growing up for real change. But you look alive at Toasteda's Championship plause outside Ford Center at the Star in Frisco, where the countdown clock is down to what is that say, eleven.
Speaker 5: Days, six hours, seventeen minutes, fifty seven fifty six fifty five.
Speaker 3: Till football Cowboys football anyway, It is ninety four degrees outside, it feels like ninety five. We are out of the hundreds for once. The load tonight for little it's seventy one. It actually felt decent last night. Make sure you go outside tonight and look at the blue supermoon. It's supposed to be some kind of nice astrological anomaly. So go check it out. How you guys doing. We got cookies? Thank you Kurt for.
Speaker 6: Bringing Yeah, you know, I hope they meet your standard.
Speaker 3: I hope so too. Wow man out here, and wow, don't you.
Speaker 7: Guys ask it early enough you can make all the jesuments you need. Jesse, Thank you, I love you, Bye bye.
Speaker 8: I got a timeout, Chris, Chris, go timeout right time.
Speaker 3: Yes, I have a timeout, one time out.
Speaker 6: Got it.
Speaker 8: Got a little little little present for our fearless leader over here.
Speaker 3: Cookies. I already got a president. How could it get better than cookies?
Speaker 9: Thanks? Yeah, ye open it up?
Speaker 6: Man swung that by earlier.
Speaker 9: Thank Nick something open that bad boy up.
Speaker 3: This will be great radio for people that can't.
Speaker 9: They should watch. They should go to a golden black box. It's a golden box. Gold What could be in a golden black box?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 11: What man?
Speaker 4: What do you want that for?
Speaker 3: Me?
Speaker 9: Got a yeah.
Speaker 3: So for those of you, it's not able to look at home. It's a twenty twenty three lone Star Regional Sports Emmy Award. Wow.
Speaker 7: Way to go, manwo schedule.
Speaker 4: Oh let me get in on that.
Speaker 9: Man, Come on, producer, we'll take the show.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 7: Give me now that out, man, I got I told you one one.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So that makes so that our show. That makes our show three super Bowls. Yes, here you go and Emmy and.
Speaker 9: Kurt and Emmy.
Speaker 5: Damn, I'm the only sucker in the You got robbed by the way, it's he won the Emmy. Yeah, so so somebody will get robbed and show. That just tells you the level of the level of talent on our show.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 9: We have two Emmy winners.
Speaker 4: We have it.
Speaker 9: We have three.
Speaker 5: We're gonna say, Chris is part of our show. Chris has two. We have to one of for each of you. We have three super Bowl rings. It's a talented damn group. Man, it's a talented group. Just why were the people show the talented group?
Speaker 12: Man?
Speaker 3: Did you get a basketball national gym? Yeah? You know what, So I've gone down here we go rambling again. We're not even gonna get to football. I mean, it's one of the biggest days and since the season. Hey, hey we got trade lance. Okay, let's go and cut.
Speaker 4: A few dudes.
Speaker 3: We'll get to that in a minute. We traded one dude for another dude. Yeah, yeah, yeah, But I've gone down this rabbit hole recently of like trading cards. I did it when I was younger, when I was in college, and I got completely out of it. And then I started messing around with eBay to figure out how eBay worked. I listed some old sneakers just to know how selling worked. And then I got in. I'm really big into UFC, so I started like looking at autograph UFC cards and then and next thing, you know, now I've got like forty outstanding orders or now I'm getting back. Now I'm looking at football stuff, and I'm like, you know what, one day, I'm gonna look back and I'm gonna wish that I had something from you know, I never asked for a jersey, I never asked for anything signed. I'm like, but if I could pick up some cheap cards along the way of people that I worked with and people that I liked. So I was, you know, looking at different stuff, and actually I was googling you to see if they ever made it a card and there was a beautiful picture of you after the National Championships. It's autographs, and I almost bought it, but it was like thirty bucks. I was like, I just go, I'll go print.
Speaker 13: And you've given more to the strippers and the stripper yea, yeah, that's where you rank on my list, all of them.
Speaker 9: World wide.
Speaker 3: But I mean I could, I could print it out and bring it the mo with me.
Speaker 9: You can watch strippers on TV for free on your phone for.
Speaker 3: Free, as I don't anyway, but it was an awesome picture. It was you standing there hold I think you were holding the net on the court and you were smiling and you were like, look, you're either looking up or looking down. You had this big smile on your face. And I've seen pictures of you in your North Carolina uniform, but like seeing you like.
Speaker 9: To do it.
Speaker 3: It was. It was really cool. Thirty dollars thirty bucks man, And you ain't get none of that money, are you. You got on the front end when you signed it probably unless it was some fan that just no maybe who does anyway, all right, let's get back to football. Thank you, Kurt.
Speaker 9: That's the sad when I was in school.
Speaker 5: So how you got things when you got things back there?
Speaker 4: Back then?
Speaker 9: Stage a mystery?
Speaker 3: Yeah all right, yeah, like.
Speaker 4: Date bro, I love that story.
Speaker 12: Man.
Speaker 7: I just you know, I didn't want to, you know, get in on Jesse. You know, maybe he had something that he wanted to ramble on about. So I was just waiting anything you want to ramble about.
Speaker 3: Show the Dallas Cowboys Network hanging with the shot.
Speaker 7: Is it anybody got released that you felt, you know, injustice?
Speaker 3: It was not you know, nope, Okay, all right, Yeah that's a great question. Yeah did this Were you shocked by anything?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: Shock question, Yes, surprise, surprise. A couple of guys they kept.
Speaker 5: So the one the one guy that surprised me. I didn't think that, uh Hunter Lumpsky.
Speaker 3: Did he play himself onto the team that?
Speaker 12: Like?
Speaker 3: Did We talked about it all the time. You can't really play yourself in or out like I think he played him.
Speaker 5: I think that last preseason game we talked about on this show at last preseason game and he made a push forward.
Speaker 9: A little surprised. I didn't think they were going to give up on Jabiro Cox so soon.
Speaker 3: But I was surprised.
Speaker 5: But hindsight twenty twenty. Nothing like, nothing's happened on this This team was set. This team is a win now football team. Like, look at how this thing went. Like outside of draft picks, they didn't really deviate.
Speaker 9: For what they already were playing.
Speaker 3: They had looked like they had a playing training camp.
Speaker 5: I mean, dan Quinn he's gotten every single dude that he's wanted on defense, three headed monster in the back in the back end with Hooker, Curse and Wilson. He brought in another corner opposite of Trayvon Diggs. I mean, that was gonna be there. He had what he had up front. They were gonna lose more guys than they were. Like, honestly, if you were a defensive player coming into the fold of the dan Quinn defense, you kind of because you are saying now, you know, I thought Isaiah Land was gonna be able to stick with this team. But this defense was set. This team was pretty much set coming in the training camp. When you look at it, you had to kind of almost set yourself on fire and be able to play without getting burned to really impress the coaches to give up a jersey at that point in time. So at my shocked at anything. No, a little bit surprised by those two moves. But again, hindsight is twenty twenty. This team was pretty much set heading into training camp of what it was going to be this year.
Speaker 4: Dependable.
Speaker 7: They kept all the guys that they thought were dependable, and I'm not saying the draft picks, but what I'm saying depending Joseph wasn't dependable, giving him a new look, bringing in a guy from what Miami getting a new look. Just dependable guys, guys that you Jabril Cox became a little bit expendable when overshown showed up. And even when this kid left, they didn't feel that he would be dependable and this dependable not. It's not about whether it was a bad character off the field. It's like did you fill your role and can you can you help hold you into the bargain? And I think with coach Quinn this year, it's like, you know what, Bohanna love you, but you've had two years to show us. Can you hold down that run game? It hasn't happened. We brought in two guys well, one guy, Chauncey billups Go last year took that job during the playoffs, remember the last two games he was a better run defender. The playoffs, he was a better run defender. Then they went out and got Masie. Not saying that Mazie is not gonna he's not been good, not saying that he's not gonna be good. But that was a first round pick, so that may bohind unexpendable. So I just think guys that know their role cherish their role more than what you're saying. Dan Quinn knew this guy do what I asked him to do. That's why filers still here, because you do what I asked you to do, nothing more and nothing less.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think that the loss of I guess yesterday hearing the jibro Cox wasn't brought back wasn't a huge surprise because it'd been coming up. You know, most of the writers sounded like he wasn't going to be back. But I was like you, I did think that was a little bit of a surprise, and that he seems so high on him.
Speaker 6: That was like the steal of the.
Speaker 8: Draft, you know, whether get in the third round or something like that, and to see him now in the he chose not to sign with the Cowboys practice squad he just signed with the Washington's practice squad. Ah, so he's looking for a whole new start.
Speaker 4: I don't blame him.
Speaker 7: What you got to understand is even doing the OTAs we were saying, Jabril Cox is I will linebacker. But the role that coach Quinn saw him in, Overshown came and did it. That is the nickel starting linebacker. That is the dime starting linebacker when curse is not you know, slated to be there by through scheme. So that was that guy, and Overshown came in and say I'm that guy. So when Overshawn got hurt, they're like, we like what this body type, this speed does, so they want to put markets Marquis Bail there.
Speaker 4: So that still didn't bring Jabrill back into play.
Speaker 12: Now.
Speaker 7: I don't know how did Denise throw him down. Is he's not mentally ready or capable to do that. But whatever it was, he didn't show the coaches enough.
Speaker 8: Yeah. One one thing I read so was physical.
Speaker 6: He wouldn't.
Speaker 8: He had the speed that maybe wasn't as physical as they wanted their linebackers to be.
Speaker 6: Did you looked back last.
Speaker 8: Year, I mean they primarily only played two linebackers on the field. Yeah, I think the only time I think while back, I looked nearly every game they had two linebackers starting and was either Parsons with an extra lineman or Parsons was on the line they.
Speaker 4: Had click to watching of the use.
Speaker 7: The thing about linebackers safeties, they are like basketball. They're positionless and if you at six three, two hundred and forty five pounds, you starting to fit into that nickel because it's all about the nickeling.
Speaker 4: It's all about the dime.
Speaker 7: Can you be big enough to help stop the run and are you skilled enough to cover the field or to be able to lock down on it? Because then talking to dan Quinn, what he liked it about Bell, what he liked about overshown is they could cover backs coming out of the backfield and they can lock up at certain times with tight ends. So when you have that type of mixture, you know that's positionless football.
Speaker 3: I think one thing that it's not a surprise after training camp played out. But if you would have told me you're going to have two guys on this team that are five foot eight.
Speaker 4: Or under, Yeah, true, we beat it to death, man, jes we we not at all.
Speaker 3: I would have been like.
Speaker 4: Straight uPAR.
Speaker 3: Get back on the road, like you would have said, those are gimmick players or gadget guys. And I think gadget guys right, And but if you look at those guys like last year you would have you would have said Turpin is just a return specialist, that maybe there's a gadget play here there. And then Ducebond he's too small, he's going to be a three to four play guy. But during camp they both they played. Man, they're players now durability will see if they get a lot of action, if they're able to.
Speaker 8: There's some d nps next to some names you'll see. But yeah, I didn't.
Speaker 6: I didn't. I didn't think they would carry.
Speaker 4: One, none of us.
Speaker 3: You know what you called that was that when you saw him at the table, you were like, he's all man. He's short man, but he's all man like he because you weren't a big fan, you know, and we all know it's that that's the value of you going to camp. Right there, that was worth the show.
Speaker 7: Somebody didn't show. He left hisself on Somebody left his self on the porch. Can I get the reason why you didn't shot and I'm telling everybody, Hey, Jesse gonna be on our show. When he comes, Jesse gonna be tell me why you didn't show. I'll tell Okay, okay.
Speaker 4: When he said that, right, there is something serious, yeah, and he smiled. But I'm telling.
Speaker 7: When I saw the dude sit at the table, it was so funny because I was just dogging the kid out, right, I was, I was dogging the kid out.
Speaker 4: And uh so after practice, I come around.
Speaker 3: I said, Chris, Chris, who is that?
Speaker 4: He said, that's do fun And I said the dumbest, I said, he a grown man.
Speaker 13: To me?
Speaker 4: What I said, I said, that was dumb. He is a grown man. And I say, he looks like a full grown man, big like me.
Speaker 7: Then I looked at his calves when he got up. I looked at his calves just the same size as mine, A product bigger because I ain't developed, no more like he is.
Speaker 4: But anyway, full grown man. And that's when I saw changing. Yess.
Speaker 7: That's when I started saying, yes, let's let this play out. Let's play out. Wow, that was the dumb one. I said that he's a bud, he's a real man.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 3: Well, Kurt has a has a great note here you now have six picks from just two years ago the draft that are not on the roster, and it was what eleven picks total in that draft?
Speaker 6: Eleven total?
Speaker 3: So is that.
Speaker 4: I mean, is that three of those alignment right?
Speaker 6: One class took?
Speaker 9: That's that's about right.
Speaker 5: We always say the draft is what it's a fifty fifty ye right, So if you and.
Speaker 3: You don't know for what four years whether it's a good draft, this is your three three you.
Speaker 5: Know, if you got eleven picks, five of them were still left. You're flirting around at fifty to fifty.
Speaker 3: But can you say that that just based on Micah in that draft? Hit on that?
Speaker 9: It helps?
Speaker 3: Can you say that was a successful draft even though you got.
Speaker 9: It's like, okay to your point, right?
Speaker 5: You you you're into the cards, right, and so a lot of times and I'm not a card expert, but I watched enough cards on YouTube and stuff like that. You'll spend an absorbent amount of money on cards hoping to get the mother lord. And so how many times have you gone through packs and packs of boxes of.
Speaker 3: Cards and LODs don't make sense.
Speaker 5: It doesn't make sense now until you hit right, until you hit and you find the Michael Jordan rookie, and then you go.
Speaker 9: I just made fifty thousand dollars, So.
Speaker 5: You spending ten over the last couple of years, it makes sense. Same thing with the draft, it's it's we're gonna expend these you know, these finances and these draft picks, and the mother load was getting Michael Parson. You got a generational talent that will that will transcend football for the next eight to eight years. Let's just say right the time he's been here two years, his third year, eight more years, and he'll probably if he continues on this trajectory, he'll be he'll have a gold jacket at some point in time. If if you can get one of those in your draft class, it supersedes averything else that you have had.
Speaker 3: If you get one of those every three draft classes.
Speaker 4: Eight So who are this class guys that got cut.
Speaker 6: So well, Kevin Justin got traded.
Speaker 9: That's a cut, yeah, because they were gonna cut him anyway. Yeah.
Speaker 8: And then you've got Jabril Cox, Josh Ball who's on IR but he doesn't seem like he's gonna work out.
Speaker 6: Send me for.
Speaker 8: Shanna and Farnioc who I thought it sounds Michael Gelkin. I think from the Dallas Marie News. He's they don't something sound like they're even bringing him back to the practice law. Yeah, so, which is surprising. So that leaves you know, you've got Parsons still dig a Zua his you know, he's been a solid starter, Johnson Goldston, he seems to be coming.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm telling you that's what they like about it.
Speaker 8: And the Sean Wright who's still kind of on. He's hurt now, but he's kind of on the fence. And then Uh has proven he's starting to come and come on as a depth guy.
Speaker 3: So how you say his last name?
Speaker 7: I just I didn't know, person Like, I ain't never heard the mess of a name. So I'm like, maybe you got it right.
Speaker 3: I called m McKeon the other day. Jesse almost came across the table.
Speaker 5: Good, come on, come on, we'll you know, we don't like, we don't get on credit about the names.
Speaker 9: We get on everybody else about names, especially this one.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I was gonna say, Nate, he messed up dependable If you you ain't here.
Speaker 3: All right, let's take a break. One guy we haven't really talked about. That's coming back right after this break.
Speaker 4: Wow. Thanks heh Tanzon.
Speaker 14: Hey Cowboys fins. Ready to spice up your next watch party? Bring Yo Kiero Guacamole be the game day hero. Yo kiro means I want and we know you want. Great fresh tasting, ready to serve guacamole for your homegating and tailgating events. Made with real avocados and the perfect blend of spices.
Speaker 9: It will be the star of any party.
Speaker 14: You can find us at your local Albertson's or Tom Thumb in the deli section. If you can't find it, talk to your store manager and tell them Yo Kiero, Yo Kiero Guacamole.
Speaker 15: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders, and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at a team hotel, attend the best tail gay party in Texas, tour the Star and talk x's and o's with me Everson Wallas. With Star Sports Tours, can visit Cowboys Travel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 11: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. Blockchain dot Com is one of the most trusted ways to buy, sell, and trade crypto. Whether you're always on the go or stay closer to home, blockchain dot com is just a few taps away put the power of crypto in your pocket, so no matter where you are, you can trade on your terms and build a crypto portfolio to fit your life.
Speaker 3: For cryptopros, rookies.
Speaker 11: And anyone in between, blockchain dot Com makes it easy to own a piece of the future. Blockchain dot Com trust it by millions, Trust it by America's team.
Speaker 12: Seat Gig has your back no matter what kind of fan you are. So whether you're a die hard fan or a don't really care fan. Oh we got them next time fan, or we'll never win again fan here for the tailgate fan or a first one through the gates fan. The seat Gig not only makes buying and selling tickets easier than ever before, they made just about everything else easier to So whether you're a here every week fan or haven't been here in years fan, seat Geek has you covered. Download the seat gee Gap to the seat Gig your take of the great seats Hanging with the.
Speaker 3: Bulls Welcome back to the show Hanging with the Boys, presented by Wingstop. Each and every day Flavor gets his wing and the second segment of the show, Each and every Day brought to you by blockchain dot Com. And we are still in the brand new I wonder how long is something brand new for, because it probably goes to pristine to brand.
Speaker 5: New too when people start spilling stuff over it, like when you, yeah, it's no.
Speaker 9: Longer hits something on the scratch or something like that.
Speaker 3: One of these banners falls off and Chris didn't fix it.
Speaker 4: Lights flickering or something, and they don't get on it right away.
Speaker 8: You believe what they went through just to pick out photos for this process.
Speaker 4: Of probably too, probably took yeah, making sure.
Speaker 6: That the right guys and.
Speaker 3: The brand new s w b C podcast studio. And it is nice for those of you that haven't seen visually the show since we moved in here, it is really nice.
Speaker 9: Lights on, I mean we don't have all the lights on them on and and these.
Speaker 3: Are the banners are interchangeable. Chris can hit a button and swap these out. Yeah, hit can you see it on camera? Behind me?
Speaker 4: Behind you?
Speaker 3: Okay, so right now it's the trip the Triplets.
Speaker 4: Chris is hitting the button.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna hit a button and it's gonna be.
Speaker 9: On the Triplets.
Speaker 7: Right here, we're going behind Larry Allen. Larry Allen, go ahead on, go down, let it go, let it go. You sure, yeah, let it go and get behind Jesse.
Speaker 3: That's a cool picture. Who designed those? Kurt?
Speaker 6: You know, I know Michael was.
Speaker 16: On.
Speaker 4: So I'll bring that one up.
Speaker 3: Eight podcasting by the way, here we go. Here it comes the next one.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 3: We got what dak dak zach and CD okay, yeah, so we'll go up on that one.
Speaker 9: We'll go next. We'll have Trey Lance up there.
Speaker 3: How they practice You see the pictures wearing number fifteen.
Speaker 7: Then that's here y'all freaking Mike say, boy, I sure listening for me some wheel.
Speaker 3: Gral Yeah, he was all about bringing him back if you amazing signed with Cincinnati right practice practice. So there you go, and there we go. Bob Hayes and my boy Dion.
Speaker 4: Florida Boys and Florida Bass Boy doing. By the way, I talked to him yesterday. He ready to go, He ready to go.
Speaker 7: Tell me you don't let him get up, he said, don't let me get up my foot on what's left of it.
Speaker 3: I can see him if he gets a chance. Yeah, these poor little colleges that are just playing him to get a check.
Speaker 7: He's in seventy yeah, man, yeah, I won't be No, I'll be in Canton. I had it prior commitment to the Black College Hall of Fame. I'm like brothers, you know, I just don't know what who almost canceled?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a that's a way to start off. Like, let's see where we're at a game.
Speaker 7: But you know what, you know, the first thing I always ask a person about when football coaches whatever, how your offensive line.
Speaker 4: You know what he told me? What death even in the college game. Parents, if you.
Speaker 7: Have a fat kid hanging around and he's pretty tall and big, work on his feet and hands, because it's a lot of money to be made for kids that got some feet, they got some.
Speaker 4: Size and can and willing to and willing to you know, work a little.
Speaker 9: Bit at at least a free education for real.
Speaker 7: Now, bro, they getting paid in college. So so I'm telling you more than ever, when they took the these kids and took their hand out of the dirt, out of a three point stance into a two point stands. It became about it became about hands and not feet and not leverage. If you got a kid that's got any grid about him, any meanness about it, he could be something special. And I hate to promote that type of stuff, But your kid can make some money. There you go college and in pros from one of the.
Speaker 3: Best to ever do it, teaching kids.
Speaker 7: Footwork, Yes, footwork, man, How big was footwork at North Carolina basketball?
Speaker 4: How big was it was? Everything? Man?
Speaker 3: You know every sport starts with footwork. Yeah, almost every sport, boxing, NFL, no matter what position, foundation, yep, baseball, you gotta have good feet.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's a great point.
Speaker 4: Hey.
Speaker 3: Knowledge, that's all bringing all the dollars today.
Speaker 4: Randomness and knowledge, random knowledge.
Speaker 12: There you go.
Speaker 3: Might be it might be a segment this year, might be might be a whole segment the device. Yeah, that's the whole show.
Speaker 4: I think he just made.
Speaker 7: By the time the end of the year, we had like fifteen things we should have done on the show.
Speaker 4: One thing we can't have is gambling.
Speaker 3: No, no gambling, No gambling on the show. One guy that's coming back that we really haven't talked about in camp that much and was kind of I guess up in the air whether he was going to start the season on pup or miss a game or two or four or six or whatever. It sounds like he's he's back, is Jordan Lewis.
Speaker 8: He may not be back week one, but I think a pup they have to miss four games, so expecting him to be back.
Speaker 7: And I'm gonna say this, and you know, and you know, we talked to him. You always seen when you're seeing Britt Brown, the guy that's over all rehabbed. I walked up to him and asked him about Gallop. I got cussed out for the world. He wasn't mad at me, but he cussed me out because he wanted everybody to know that Gallup came back early to bash year because he wanted to help the team. This kid, it's coming back early, Lewis, because he wanted to help the team. But he told me to tell y'all, the kid is one hundred percent healthy. He has been cleared to play, and it will be a mental and physical adjustment now next year.
Speaker 4: I ain't getting cussed out for.
Speaker 7: Y'all, Okay. I mean when he got through it and I'm like, wow, man, you could Wow. I felt bad. I almost went over there and started talking to Charles Hayley, but that would have been even worse. Thanks for taking one for the show that I took one for the world because you know, we was what's wrong with Michael Gallups?
Speaker 4: Nothing wrong? Hey, I'm glad. I'm glad he threw it.
Speaker 8: Are we gonna see that same kind of thing now from Jordan Lewis?
Speaker 4: Like each player is so different, man.
Speaker 6: It's gonna be a kind of different this year.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Injury, right, We're told about Michael Gallup having the A c L and him having the list Frank.
Speaker 9: Injury.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they were saying it almost like, you know, more than just that, like he broke his feet, like crush is worse than just a list.
Speaker 7: But they say when it's a foot injury like that with Black, with most major injuries, but they say, you really have to have over top, over the top attitude, And they say Jordan Lewis got he can't be denied attitude like I'm the man. If this can happen to anybody and that bounce back, I'm that man. So that that that's coach Harris told me, like he's he's said, he's got that over the top attitude. So he coachre like, yeah, I want him back, you know, he told me that doing training can I'm like Jordan Lewis may not.
Speaker 4: I want him back.
Speaker 8: But as a receiver cornerback though, is it gonna be hard for him? Like we saw it again, different injury, but like we saw a Gallop, is it gonna take him a while.
Speaker 5: To I think the difference between Gallup and Jordan, like if you just take a moment and look back with the Cowboys marched out their life year at wide receiver. A guy now who's even no longer here, Dennis Houston who just signed to someone's practice squad. I forget who it was the Giants, I think it was he was your starting receiver, right we we we held out this hope that James Washington when he was gonna come back, that he was going to help this group out. And and then you had Noah Brown, like these are the guy Noah Brown, James Washington, Dennis Houston, Ceedee Lamb. And so when Michael Gallup comes back into that mix, there's a there's a there's a an amount that's put on his shoulders to kind of help elevate this group some way, shape or form. The difference with I believe with Jordan Lewis's the world's not put on his shoulders because of you have you already have your two outside stars, Yes, sir, you have Gilmore and you have Digs and then now you developed and grew Bland. Yes, and you got guys like uh Israel mccuamo, who's who's playing some a little bit, you know, so what he plays, he can kind of play in spurts. Right, you're not pulling the load of Hey, bro, you got to you have to now hold the whole, this whole side down. Michael Gallup had to hold the whole number two spot down in a world because of the guys that he had around him were Booty Juice, right with Gucca Juice. And so for for Jeordan Lewis, it's more so of we can ease him back into the mix. We can kind of give him, you know, ten fifteen snaps here and there, some outside, some inside pray and hope that you don't lose anybody to injury throughout you know, that early part of the year. To Nex's point, those four preseason games at the beginning of the year. And then you know, once you feel like he's back confident wise physically wild, because there's there's some physicalness that he has to get into tackling again, moving, trusting it and getting his feet wet. But once you feel he's done that, then you can add a little bit more and a little bit more and a little bit more.
Speaker 9: Michael Gallup didn't have that luxury. He went from being out to.
Speaker 5: Now you've got to be in, and you got to be all the way in because we need something out there to go with with Seton Lamb at the wide receiver position.
Speaker 4: Yes, you took a lot of heat last year on Nord Brown.
Speaker 7: You took a lot of heat from Spencer from me, I listened to her, but it's the boys.
Speaker 4: Down south to tight Texans who should take That's who he signed with.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 7: They had a preseason game on the radio. I'm traveling down the road.
Speaker 9: I'm like, man, let me just listen. You know, they say Nord's.
Speaker 7: In the game, and they said at least three times, Nord Brown got to catch that ball. If he's gonna be the player, we thank you, Hey, Nord Brown. Wish she had that one back that three passes. I'm like, is the quarterback throwing it out of his radius? Because because the way the announcer was was doing it was I don't know if he was putting it on North because the quarterback was bad.
Speaker 4: Noah dropped three balls straight out, I said. Jesse said he was a third receiver maybe a fourth and he down there.
Speaker 7: This preseason bro, and I'm like, you can't drop balls. That just can't drop.
Speaker 4: Balls, man.
Speaker 5: That just shows you the way, especially offensively with the Cowboys like Michael gull up Ceedee Lamb Washington, Tobert Houston.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean Washington got cut again.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 5: They was trying to tell you you don't get ready to be the next best stage since you know, but then they've upgraded such such so significantly with Brandon Cooks, with Tobert taking that next step. Now the pressure isn't on Michael Gallop. I'm not saying that he's gonna be this next world beater, but the pressure on him to beat everything for this offense is no longer that. Like you you fall so far out of a total poll. Now where you're you're you know.
Speaker 4: You want to be yourself.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you don't have to go out there and do everything you got. Guys, you can go back to kind of honestly, going back to being what you do well, you know, fifty to fifty balls and some red zone stuff, stuff like that, when we don't need you to go out there and be the route runner because we got two of those guys in Toburp and and.
Speaker 9: And Cooks to go alongside.
Speaker 17: What's a real it's a real expectation, a realistic expectation for Cooks this year stat wise, a thousand yards.
Speaker 3: You're expecting a thousand What are you expecting out of CD? Twelve, fifteen, sixteen six?
Speaker 5: Like, I'm honestly like CD has to take the next step if he wants to be in the conversation of the Tyreek Hills.
Speaker 9: Top five justin Jefferson's like, those guys.
Speaker 3: Go get those sixty.
Speaker 7: CD forgive me because you know I love you and I'm always patting the motors back and trying to pump it up.
Speaker 4: But bruh, you know how bad them dudes is.
Speaker 7: You're talking no, I know you know, And I'm not saying CD can't get there because if he do well, you're talking about it gonna be excited. But man, if Tyreek Hill walk in here right now. This dude is so quick we can blank and he'll be gone.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you this. If CD has sixteen hundred yards, one of two things is happened. Uh huh, Dak's putting up five hundred yards a game. Or Brandon Cooks fell off the end of the world and he's got lost and we don't know where he's at.
Speaker 4: Sixteen hundred.
Speaker 3: Yess, that's sixteen hundred for him, and then a thousand for Cooks. And then what you give? What you giving gallop?
Speaker 4: And well he just told you this gallop just four hundred.
Speaker 3: That's it, Gallup.
Speaker 4: I'm with you, I'm with you.
Speaker 5: He don't have to go over the top, especially if you're adding now, if you're going to add what you guys have been advocating for, if you're gonna add little Man to the mix, if you add low Grohman to the mix.
Speaker 4: He gonna get to man.
Speaker 9: That's his name, a man to the mix. Right.
Speaker 5: If you add him to the mix, everybody, everybody must to make him the next Uh. Darris Spros Kurt looked it up for us the other like two weeks ago. Darrispros his first couple of years in San Diego, behind Danny and Thomason.
Speaker 4: He has behind the Dame you.
Speaker 9: I'm just Tony Tony Pollard.
Speaker 4: He's only behind you.
Speaker 3: Forget about that because Pollard get out of the backfield too.
Speaker 9: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: So those yards are not being divvied up now again, the bulk of it doesn't have to go on the shoulders of Michael Gallop CDs, which CD should be the dominant dude that he is, all right, fifteen sixteen, one hundred yards, ten to twelve touchdown.
Speaker 3: CD had last year, Kurt, pull that up.
Speaker 5: My word, eleven hundred, Yeah, I lost the bet, the Jeff Cavanaugh eleven hundred, eleven seventy nine or something like that.
Speaker 7: I tell folks man, when you when you can consistently get over thirteen hundred yards and toy ten to twelve tds a year, when the people say he good, we know what he gonna do? Yeah, you a different dude.
Speaker 9: Bro thirteen fifty nine. So he's thirteen hundred yards last year.
Speaker 4: And that's wuld have banged up. Uh, how is it gonna go?
Speaker 9: Like you're talking missing five?
Speaker 3: Guy just needs another two fifty and he's there.
Speaker 9: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna touchdown to get.
Speaker 6: He needs.
Speaker 5: Nine to twelve is where you gotta be in that mix. Fifteen to seventeen hundred yards.
Speaker 9: Put you in the conversation with Chase. Top five, jamar Chase.
Speaker 4: And put up the top five receivers, big dog.
Speaker 3: Yeah, where'd he rank last year in those numbers? Man, that's sneak, that's is he like that?
Speaker 8: Though?
Speaker 5: Yes, Jess, I need to know to your point six and yards, you might have to get hit to your to your point.
Speaker 9: I had the same when we had practice out.
Speaker 4: Here the other day.
Speaker 9: The way you look at deuce.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and it's we look at things differently, right, look at that Because I looked at.
Speaker 9: CD lamb and I said, I said, damn, Like that's a man like.
Speaker 5: I looked at CD. I was like, different, he's feeling out. I looked at his legs. I sweat. I said to him, I said, look at his legs. Man, his calves is thick because he used to be skinny. I'm like, I'm looking at him. I'm like, oh, he's entering that we call that man that is entering that man where he's beginning to.
Speaker 9: And I was staring at it. I was like, damn, look at CD.
Speaker 4: Like he probably shaking hand different, like he's think I'm.
Speaker 5: Not not not not like how Ryan Clark, Like Ryan Clark called to a thick like a shirt but no, no, no, but he's feeling. I looked him up and down. I was like, CD is And then I watched him run. He ain't as fast as Brandon Cooks, but he's.
Speaker 3: Fast, but cooks faster. Really, Wait, when you.
Speaker 5: Watch Cooks like on TV or something like that, you see it running until you're up close to what it's seeing it.
Speaker 4: He is floating really, and then I watch.
Speaker 5: Then I watched CD, and I was like, see he got power behind his speed. It's like, yeah, a lot of yak is coming, a lot of yacht yards are coming from Cey.
Speaker 3: Can't wait.
Speaker 9: I'm telling you, so, yeah.
Speaker 3: Why does it take? Let's go to break. I'm gonna ask Jesse and Nate a male anatomy question when we come back on the last segment, it all hang out right back.
Speaker 11: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 9: And they snapped the press guy who looks right, it's not there. He escapes left he'll hushed down.
Speaker 3: Just like football.
Speaker 11: When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot com, I know him in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 1: Prescot's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 11: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 3: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 11: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 16: How's Wingstop sound cristy juicy, classic wings, made to order, cook to perfection and sauceed tossed and those eleven soul satisfying players paired with handcut seasoned fries, housemade honey mustard blue cheese or signature Wingstop Ranch, and of course spicy Cajun fried corse. I think you've heard enough, Get your flavored delivered at Wingstop dot Com.
Speaker 12: Seet Geek has your back no matter what kind of Cowboys fan you are. So whether you're a die hard fan or a don't really care fan, we got them next time fan or we'll never win again fan. Here for the tailgate fan or a first one through the gates fan. The seat Gig not only makes buying and selling tickets easier than ever before, they made just about everything else easier to So whether you're a here of you week fan or haven't been here in years fan, seat Geek has you covered. Download the Sea Geek after day, you're a ticket the great Dallas Cowboys Seats.
Speaker 10: James right here, you're twenty twenty two Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year. You know how much I love my Cowboys, and I am thrilled to be talking to you about the twenty twenty three Fan of the Year Award, presented by Captain Morgan. We're looking for the ultimate Cowboys fans to spice up the game. That means you eat, sleep, and breathe the Dallas Cowboys. If that's you, or if you know someone like me, then go to Dallascowboys dot com slash Fan of the Year and you could win tickets to Super Bowl fifty eight and so much more.
Speaker 18: Enter today, back to Hanging with the Bulls.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to the show Hanging with the Boys presented by Wingstop, where Flavor gets It twins and the last segment of the show. Each and every day is presented by jigsawt official dating app of the Dallas Cowboys. What better way to segue to talk about the male anatomy than a dating app? Right, My question is does it this is CD's what fourth year? It seems like after about year three that athletes bodies change, like they're like you said, you go, you start getting thicker, you get a little bit your your skin gets a little harder. You know's how I corrected that your skin skin, it looks a lot tighter and harder, I caught myself. But I mean you start building. Man, you know, you make fun of like old men's strength, Like you know, dads have that strength when they you know, like your teenage kid can never whoop your butt until they get, you know, out of college. And you know, but it's like, is it just is that just a byproduct of your your body getting to a certain point and then being on a really good workout program with the right nutrition and right supplements, because I mean, I would think you have nowadays nutritionists in college have the same information in the same resources that you do in the pros. But what is it about that third or fourth year that god, even even linebackers and defensive linemens tend to fill out and get you know, a little I guess, bulkier, what is it about that? Is that just a natural progression? You know?
Speaker 4: You know this in the real world too.
Speaker 7: Any guy, any guy, a young lady that cares any a little bit about their bodies. You just from the age from maybe twenty four to maybe about thirty, your body's just pumping itself up.
Speaker 4: It's just it's maturing.
Speaker 7: And if you just like I said, if you have any type care about what you eat, how you act, even in your life, because a lot of people saw it back in the day, you know, even started getting married around twenty five twenty six, start having trying to have families into their careers.
Speaker 4: But go ahead, go ahead, No, no, no, you no, no.
Speaker 9: I was telling you to bring your mic closer.
Speaker 4: Thing, thanks, Chris.
Speaker 9: I was trying to say what I was saying, yeah, but.
Speaker 7: Yeah, if you buttuated it, I'm like, you want me to throw it to you. I'm like, you need to, but I'm gonna throw it to you. Not because she's chomping at the bit now I can see that.
Speaker 5: But you back the way way back here, and I was like, just bring the mic closer because I'm good.
Speaker 9: My question.
Speaker 5: I was gonna ask you as someone who has like you watched like your baby Tray right, like you watch him kind of mature and was it around the same age you kind of saw him.
Speaker 7: Yes, yes, I mean, uh, he gave up his senior year because of the concussions. But I'm talking about that as a man. You look at him now, he's thirty two, I think thirty one, and he's different, you know. And I watched him Baby Black twenty four different because he continued to work out. I'm like, wow, my baby boy. And even when you shake the hand, you know, and when they look in your eyes, I mean, the confidence grows if if you're around the right people. Yeah, and CD is around the right people, you know, and.
Speaker 3: You probably have to figure out like what works for you what doesn't that next a couple of years because like you know, you you do the research and you're told this, but then when you start experimenting and then you're like, oh, this works for me a little bit better.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And honestly, this is the this is the around the time when you begin to have that We hear it all the time, right about becoming a professional, Like I promise you, the rookies, the first year guys, they ain't not listening to none of.
Speaker 9: That, like you having fun, you having fun, I'm out.
Speaker 3: I know my body better than anybody.
Speaker 9: I'm outside. I don't need no sleep. I'm good.
Speaker 5: And then by the year three, year four, now you've kind of been around for a little bit and you're like, wait a second, now things you know? Okay, Now I got a chef.
Speaker 3: That guy's been around a while, ask you what he's doing. And so just you're not indestructible anymore.
Speaker 5: The maturity starts to start to develop and starts to you know, shape form, and and you can see it. I'm I was looking at like I felt like how they feel. I'm looking at like I'm watching all these men walk on the football field, and one I'm saying to myself, thank god, I don't have to play anymore, like thank god these jokes built different.
Speaker 9: And I watched CD.
Speaker 5: Come out, and I'm to an I don't know if all men do it. I think maybe I do it because the acronomy still lives. I always size myself up against like look at somebody and be like, you know what.
Speaker 15: All right?
Speaker 6: Cool?
Speaker 9: I'm where am I at?
Speaker 5: Against this, and I'm looking at CD and I'm just like, dude, build different, like and you can just see it.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 5: I can't explain it. It's just God or whatever, genetics and he's just he's he's his frame.
Speaker 4: He ain't that kid.
Speaker 7: You go back and get a picture of him when he's not got off that playing vocal home or whatever, and look at him now, he's a.
Speaker 4: Different cat and different cat.
Speaker 5: I watched him get on the field and watching him run these routes and them wi and I'm just like, I got excited because I'm like, if this for what I'm seeing from him physically can continue to match what I know what he is athletically. Oh boy, seventeen hundred yards is not a far fetched scenario when you think about here's what he.
Speaker 3: Now seventeen from sixteen to seven.
Speaker 5: I'm just yeah, you know, the legend grows, you know, as you get more excited, it grows.
Speaker 16: It is.
Speaker 7: But same practice man Jess was at you know, CD, he don't like nobody touching it. You know, that's just who he is. But I seen him in this practice for the first time take a hit, I mean bow right before he caught them and he's still caught the ball and he just looked at the dude. You could have got see a year ago, two years ago, see that he would have been raising Caine. He didn't looking at the ref like the coach that you know. But he just talks about like, whoa. That's a little bit different than the CD that I saw a couple of years now. He always like to get physically in the air. He liked to make the acrobatic catches over you. But you come up and hit him at the same time that ball coming. He used to raise the little cane. He just walked away out that whoa. It's different.
Speaker 9: Definitely got a little football when you're watching him. I am not gonna lie.
Speaker 8: I did talk about men's and now to men football hornings.
Speaker 9: Let's get to let's get to the game.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying. What was what rock band? You want to talk about? They get you that way? You want to talk about Journey for Boston?
Speaker 3: Who you want to talk about Metallica shows?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 4: I did?
Speaker 3: Man, speaking of I ran into your son at the coffee shop the other day. Yeah, came up, Yeah, said hi to me. He looking more and more like Chris Paul every day and he and he walks just like you. Yeah, he got that bow legged that kind of.
Speaker 4: You can be in his knees you've been b he was.
Speaker 3: I turned around and look. I was like, damn, it looks just like Nate, just the same, like the same speed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm my boy. Man. I was like, oh, man, you should I look at his money.
Speaker 3: You chill, somebody visit.
Speaker 7: That you look like Chris.
Speaker 3: Just like Christmas. He walked up. Because you know, when you're not used to seeing somebody in an environment where you meet him or you're using around him, it takes a minute to like, oh yeah, he walked up. He's like, hey, how you doing. I was liken Chrish. I was like, damn's Nate's son.
Speaker 9: He's on the show.
Speaker 3: Let's trade trade dude. All right, before we get out of here, fellas.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: Nick Eatman has a show. If you have not tuned in, he takes fan calls and does he do text on the show to Chris?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he texting up now, yeah, yeah questions.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's coming up next. So if you want, if you want someone with a breadth of knowledge of the Cowboys that I had.
Speaker 9: From upstairs, huh, did that come that call come from upstairs?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 3: Chris just said, hey, kick it on the show.
Speaker 5: So make sure Nick, make sure Nicky even talking about now I'm messing with you, Nix to my god, I love Nick.
Speaker 3: Like he has a photographic memory.
Speaker 5: We worked on he Cowboys, Yeah, Nick, Nick, Nick worked on our Deep Blue. So that was a fun That was a fun time working with with Nick during that time.
Speaker 3: Nick, last he did y'all racked up with the Emmys.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was that was a sweet They did a photo they did and where's that pictures in the four right?
Speaker 6: Yeabby?
Speaker 4: Where's it that?
Speaker 3: I haven't seen it heard about?
Speaker 9: It looks good?
Speaker 7: And then that was I don't know who maybe Derek do We need to get off so Nick can get on or we need to continue to talk.
Speaker 3: I don't know if he he was out in the hall, he would be looking in here with the steam coming out of his nose.
Speaker 5: I didn't ask today's mental health Winnesday, mentals and are good?
Speaker 9: I didn't ask two.
Speaker 3: Still jacked up? But yeah, man, I'm great.
Speaker 7: YU mout hey, man, get your minerals and dentals.
Speaker 9: Right, come on, a good mindles of dentals?
Speaker 8: Good?
Speaker 4: Yeah, this dude making my minerals.
Speaker 5: Kurt, I'm kicking along all right, man, good Yeah, I'm good man.
Speaker 9: I go.
Speaker 7: You got past the what the guy you know talking about the anatomies.
Speaker 6: It's a good conversation, thickness.
Speaker 4: How about you?
Speaker 9: Good man? Yeah, I go. As soon as we leave here, I'm going to see my therapist. Let's go.
Speaker 6: Good.
Speaker 9: So how often you go every week?
Speaker 4: Do you?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Every Wednesday three o'clock helps that. I love it, just to just to vent event. Yeah, sometime I go in there, he'd be like, so what do you want? Like, he'll he'll have something we want to talk about. But I'll come and I'm like, hey before we start.
Speaker 3: Kind of like the show. The next thing, you know, an hour later you're like, damn, we didn't talk about it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but it's all good. But I'm like, I pay for that. I pay for the for that moment of just coming in today.
Speaker 4: I will be right talk about huh. Believe me, Jason found a way to write it out.
Speaker 3: How often do you get your feet taking care of these days?
Speaker 9: Every other week?
Speaker 4: Every other week.
Speaker 3: I gotta start doing that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're going.
Speaker 9: To go as a group anywhere you won't go to the tents to I'll go get.
Speaker 3: My feet work. I don't get my feet worked on. I might have sensitive feet, though, but I can a little bit.
Speaker 4: When they grow.
Speaker 3: I can barely when they when they if I have to leave the calluses on because I won. I used to run, and if I get the calluses scruffed off, the next time I ran.
Speaker 9: My future run. Yeah, So what's excuse now?
Speaker 3: He's a child. It's a child one hundred and seven degrees and I have a kid that I run after.
Speaker 4: So exactly.
Speaker 3: But I did, I did, I started, I started getting back into some.
Speaker 6: No I can be and get me the right place.
Speaker 3: You want to kick it the man or the woman that's working on your food. We're gonna go as a group, all right. We got to get out of here. Thanks for tuning in. Tune in the show after this called Cowboys Storylines. We will be back Friday. Who's in studio Friday? Who's here Jesse? Maybe Jesse Kurt Tuning Friday to see if there's a show. If not, we're back Tuesday every day.
Speaker 4: Start Tuesday every day.
Speaker 3: Off on Monday, off off maybe off on Friday daily next week, start.
Speaker 9: Hanging with the boys.
Speaker 6: This year.
Speaker 3: There you go solo, all right, tune in next week.
Speaker 9: Football is gonna be back.
Speaker 4: Maybe New York Giants.
Speaker 3: Let's go.
Speaker 1: We've been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club