Speaker 1: Welcome everybody.
Speaker 2: Thursday edition of Clay and Buck kicks off right now.
Speaker 1: Very pleased to have you with us here.
Speaker 2: Clay is doing golf today, a couple of golf days this week.
Speaker 1: He says that when you see some.
Speaker 2: Of the videotaped swings that he has put forth on the course, it will make Happy Gilmore look like he didn't know how to swing at all.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: He's talking a big game about it. So we shall see and we will get into more of that with him tomorrow. I'll be back tomorrow. I'll actually be out in Arizona tomorrow, which I'm looking forward to, I believe it or not. I have two great states that in just recent recent time here I haven't well, I have never visited before, and we'll have recently been to one being Colorado, first ever time in Colorado recently, lovely place.
Speaker 1: And Arizona. I've actually never been to Arizona and the Bagdad a few times, as I like to say.
Speaker 2: Never been to Arizona, so I need to get there. I'll be there tomorrow, looking forward to it, all right. I know there's a lot of stuff, a lot of stuff to dive into. We have a Congress and Jim Jordan with us talking to him. Second hour, we'll discuss oh, so many things, the economy, the Trump Agenda, America, the restoration, all those good things. And then Senator Marshall Blackburn third hour, we'll speak with her about the immigration and the deportation flights and also the economics. I know a lot of people are focused in on that. And remember it was just yesterday Trump tweeted out or I guess it's truthed out that it is Liberation Day and that refers to the tariffs. Now there's a whole bunch of tariffs. White House has put out a lot of information about this. There's a whole bunch of tariffs that are taking effect. Here's what we know, President Trump. This is from the White House. President Trump invoking his authority under the International Emergency Economic Powers Act of nineteen seventy seven to address the emergency posed by the large and persistent trade deficit that is driven by the absence of reciprocity in our trade relationships and other harmful policies like currency manipulation and exorbitant value added taxes that tax perpetuated by other countries. Under this i EPA, authority. President trumpel imposed a ten percent tariff on all countries, going into effect April fifth, and then President trumpelam pose an additional reciprocal tariff on countries with which the United States has the largest trade deficits. All other countries will continue to be subject to the original ten percent that will take effect April nine. And now there's more specificity about this, and it goes into US Mexico Canada agreement. How that plays into this. So there are some some goods are not part of the reciprocal tariff, steel, aluminum, model parts. So there's a lot of stuff going on, and it's big. I'm not going to sit here and act like this is a small potatoes. It's a big deal economically, and I think that first off, the best way to do this is to allow President Trump to make the case to you based on what he said yesterday about why this is necessary. I think it's unrealistic that there are people out there. Well, first of all, there are people who all they want to do is complain about Trump. Not just Democrats. There's some Republicans too who seem like they only want to complain about find something even no matter how minute, remember Signal Gate a week ago.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, there was a journalist. The strikes all happened, but a journalist found out, but he didn't say anything. You know, come on, here's what's going on right now. Trump is trying to reorient a substantial component of our economy to create long term benefit for the American people. Now here is President Trump yesterday. I wanted you to hear. This is this is clips a little over a minute long. I wanted to hear, though, why are we doing this?
Speaker 2: Let's get into it. Let's hear from the man himself. He is absolutely committed to this. He believes in it to his core. He has believed in it for a very long time. Why are we doing this? Liberation Day remarks yesterday from Trump, play cut one.
Speaker 4: In the coming days, there will be complaints from the globalists and the outsources and special interests and the fake news always the fake news will always complain.
Speaker 1: But never forget.
Speaker 4: Every prediction our opponent's made about trade for the last thirty years has been proven totally wrong. They were wrong about NAFTA, they were wrong about China.
Speaker 1: They were wrong.
Speaker 4: About the Transpecific Partnership, which would have been a disaster. If I didn't terminate it, if I didn't turn that terminate that auto workers, you would have had no jobs in this country. You would have had no jobs. I was all going to other countries in.
Speaker 1: My first term.
Speaker 4: They said tariffs would crash the economy. Instead we built the greatest economy in the history of the world. And again, I have great respect for presidency of China, great respect for China, but they were taking tremendous advantage of them of us, and I commend them for that. I say, hey, if you can get away with it, that's okay. But you know, they understand exactly what's happening, and they probably most of them are saying it's about time they did something. But and they're gonna fight. They're gonna fight for everyone's going to fight.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: It's like I say to the leaders, look, you got to take care of your country, but we have to start taking care of our country now. We can't do what we've been doing for the last fifty years.
Speaker 2: Okay, Now, let's take this apart a little bit and get into what he's saying. And notice I've been saying it to you for a long time, but just in advance, of those remarks. What he I had made the same case to you, which is that Trump has been right when it comes to big issues of trade commerce, big issues of commerce, where the consensus such as that exists. You know, you can always argue, what is the consensus and why do we think there is even such a thing, but such as it exists was wrong. It was wrong in China. Here here's you know. Trump came into office in twenty sixteen, and on China, China, he was taking positions that they said, oh, it's going to lead to a trade war to but we could even take it further back than that. It had been for decades before Trump even thought about or was really considering seriously running for president.
Speaker 1: I'm going back. You go back to the eighties, go back in the nineties.
Speaker 2: It had been the international elite consensus that if we just give China what it wants when it comes to trade, it will liberalize and democratize over time and everybody will win. And they let it in the wto World Trade Organization. That was completely wrong.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: There are a lot of different experts and think tanks everything who for a long time, we're taking the position that all you have to do is just open up your markets to China, and as China buys our coca cola, and as China starts importing all of our cheap stuff made in huge factories here, they're going to be all about human rights and democracy and freedom. Just give it time. Totally wrong. There's been no real evidence of that whatsoever. In fact, the opposite, you could argue, has occurred, and China has become more belligerent, more bellicost more difficult to deal with, and as it has become wealthier.
Speaker 1: So we made China rich.
Speaker 2: Under the auspices of this is going to help us, and it's going to help national security. And oh that means that we're aware that trade and national security are things that intersect, and that some things that are in your national security interests are not necessarily completely in your immediate trade interest like being able to make your own antibiotics, being able to produce enough of your own microchips, you know, go down the line, a whole range of things.
Speaker 1: But we'll get more into that.
Speaker 2: Trump though, sees this, and it takes somebody like him who is willing to put this kind of political capital on the line to take this kind of a risk and I will be clear with you about this.
Speaker 1: It's a risk.
Speaker 2: It's a risk economically financially for the country. But I think a couple things about it. One, it makes sense to me as he explains it, and as we see what's happening.
Speaker 1: They're already up in countries.
Speaker 2: Just yesterday Israel Prime Minister that yahoo said, look, we're getting rid of all you know what. He's right, Let's get rid of all trade barriers with the United States and let's just continue to build that special relationship.
Speaker 1: Great, look at that.
Speaker 2: There are other countries as well that have backed off a tariff that they have or they're you know, this is all part of a negotiation. So as we go into some of the details here and I'll play more from Trump, but more from Steven Miller. Yeah, massive change is going to feel unsettling for people for a little bit. It's not going to just happen overnight and be perfect. But if you want to fix things, you have to be willing to take the actions to fix them and be in a position to do so. And like I said, Trump is willing to do this. He could be on the golf course with Clay right now. Hang, I mean he actually might be, but I don't think he.
Speaker 1: Is like he is. Claying is for some. But I mean, he could be hanging on the golf course forever. He could just be.
Speaker 2: He's got billions of dollars, got grandkids and family, and you know, he can just sail off into the sunset and enjoy himself at mar A Lago. But instead he has taken it upon himself to try to do something incredibly important for the future of the country because he truly believes in it, and he has I have to look at the record here. He has been right on areas where the economic consensus has been against him.
Speaker 1: That is a fact. And so on this one.
Speaker 2: Again, there are a lot of people, and there are some people that I respect a lot and like a lot on the right who are very concerned about this, And to them, I just say, I think Trump has made a strong enough case and is in a strong enough position politically where let the man cook, let him do what he does. Let's see how he negotiates. Even Bill Ackman, right, who's a kind of a recent convert to the center. I would say he used to be a Democrat, Hillary Support, etc. Bill Ackman is a multi billionaire hedge, fun guy, investor guy, and he's along with Elon and some of these other very wealthy, very high IQ individuals, have realized Democrat parties insane. They're a bunch of lunatic, gender identity obsessed communists. So he says, if you're going to be common sense, or he's seen, if you're going to be common sense, you have to be a Republican. There's no other major political party for you to support right now. Maybe he calls himself an independent. I don't know, but I thought this was very very astute observation from Bill Lackman. He put out on X sometimes the best strategy in a negotiation is convincing the other side that you are crazy.
Speaker 1: Now, I know some of you.
Speaker 2: Might be like, hey, Trump's not crazy, Well, yeah, he's not crazy. Obviously, he's crazy like a fox in this context, meaning he's a guy who.
Speaker 1: Needs the other side.
Speaker 2: To believe that he's willing to do things that were impossible for American leadership to consider before that there could be consequences, and that's that's so, that's that's a part of this. I've said to you before, I've explained you know, we were just talking about uh, who is the actor I'm blanking on his name who just just passed away, who was in heat? Val Kilmer, Thank you, Val Kilmer. Valcom's best role, in my opinion. You can argue, I know some of you're going to say the Doors, but I think Val Kilmer's best role for me is Tombstone, where he plays Doc Holliday. And there's a great scene I've mentioned this year before in the context of foreign policy with Trump, I think it applies here too. We're wide are very competently, very well played by Kurt Russell. They they kind of they throw the double barrel shotgun when they're about to have the shootout in the OK Corral. They didn't know it was going to be shoot out, but they were preparing. He throws the shotgun and he goes, let's put Doc on the street Howitzer. They might have less itchy trigger fingers as a result, something like that, right, but let's put Doc Holladay on the street Howitzer. Being you want the crazy guy with the Bazuka is basically the idea in this analogy. Trump is the crazy guy with the bazuka on trade. You want you want to play this game with them, or you want to be reasonable.
Speaker 1: You want to be fair.
Speaker 2: You want to deal with the reciprocal tariffs. You know, for a guy who has survived two assassination attempts, two impeachments, you know, for Bologney criminal trials, beat the Hillary machine, beat the Biden, you know, Kamala machine. I think he's earned the right to try this his way and at least have those of us who have believed in them all along look at this and say, let's see what he can do. And just remember this catastrophism and selling panic. It's just such a cheap way of getting attention for so many people. Oh you know, the sky is falling stuff way of getting attention, cheap way of having people think that you have something worthwhile to say, stock market's gon down.
Speaker 1: Look at the stock market.
Speaker 2: It hasn't gone down in any meaningful way really since two thousand and eight other than the pandemic drop. And the pandemic drop was completely a self inflicted wound. And anybody like me he was paying attention, was like, well, this is gonna be great because people a gonna realize this is like a cold. Then we should just go back about our lives. And there's no you know, the economy isn't destroyed by the pandemic. That was just lunatics who made it anyway. So yeah, there may be something of a drop in the.
Speaker 1: Stock market for a bit. I believe it will be temporary.
Speaker 2: Look, if it's not temporary, then the American people can go and vote and they can hold Trump and the Republicans accountable for this decision the next time around. I think they're gonna say when it comes time for that, Wow, what leadership. Look at how things are going better for us now. And that's what leadership is. When you have what you believe, truly based on all your wisdom and and all of your life experience and all of your expertise, this is the right thing to do. It's in the best interest of the people I lead, and I'm going to do it because of that. I'm not going to sit around in you know, oh, which way is the wind blowing? So this is what Liberation Day is about. We'll talk more about it. I'll take your calls on an eight hundred and two eighty two two eight a two. Look another week, another new cyber scam. Some cyber hackers are really smart, unfortunately, and they've got all kinds of really clever ways to get a hold of your identity online. It's never personal. They're not targeting you. They're just on the hunt for information for anybody out there right. It could be you could be me. It has been me in the past. Latest scam is you get a call on your cell phone from someone pretending to be from a brokerage firm you do business with, offering to confirm information on your account. They go so far as to want to double verify the info. They're very slick. Because the caller is from your brokerage firm confirming your addressing cell phone, you're likely to fall for it. But of course they're not from your brokerage firm. It's a scam. That's how cybercrommet identity theft are affecting us day today. They find your number and they reach out and then boom, it can happen. This is why you need LifeLock operating for you in the background. I've had LifeLock for years looking out for my online identity. And if you have LifeLock and you do still become a victim of identity theft, a dedicated US based restoration specialist will fix it. Guaranteed or your money back terms apply. It's easy to help protect yourself with LifeLock. Join now and say forty percent off your first year with my name Buck is your promo code. Call one eight hundred LifeLock, or go online to LifeLock dot com and use promo code Buck for forty percent off.
Speaker 6: Making America great again isn't just one man, It's many. The Team forty seven podcast Sundays at noon Eastern in the Clay and Buck podcast feed. Find it on the iHeartRadio app or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 4: My fellow Americans, this is liberation days waiting for.
Speaker 1: A long time.
Speaker 4: April second, twenty twenty five will forever be remembered as the day American industry was reborn, the day America's destiny was reclaimed, and the day that we began to make America wealthy again.
Speaker 1: I'm going to make it wealthy, good, and wealthy.
Speaker 4: Our country and its taxpayers have been ripped off for more than fifty years. But it is not going to happen anymore.
Speaker 1: It's not going to happen. President Trump.
Speaker 2: There speaking all Liberation Day, which was yesterday, which who knows could be a day that we all remember for a long time to come, probably more so in retrospect.
Speaker 1: Right. Otherwise, yesterday seemed like a pretty normal day.
Speaker 2: But President Trump is very committed to this idea of rebalancing the unbalanced playing field of global trade. And again the fundamental questions that I continue to posset, and I never get a good answer for this. If it's so bad to have to triffs, why do other countries have tariffs? Keep in mind, it's not even just tariffs. Look, this is very complicated stuff. You're talking about a global economy of thirty trillion dollars, so there's a lot going on. Okay, the numbers are massive, thankfully. Right, the world is so much The world overall is so much wealthier in real terms today than it was one hundred years ago or one hundred years before that. You know, the system that we have, for all of its imperfections, capitalism and markets has created incredible human prosperity and flourishing, which is a great thing, and we shouldn't lose sight of that. Right you are, This is what I was. I was saying. A catastrophism is a simpleton's way of getting attention.
Speaker 1: Right, Oh, everything's gonna fall apart.
Speaker 2: I think I've shared with you before this anecdote that one of my favorite authors, Michael Crichton. I know he's like a sci fi pop writer guy, but I think he's brilliant. He passed way years ago, but he said that he had had the experience he had learned over many years running in circles among the elites. Because remember the nineties, if you were best selling, if you were Michael Crichton or a Tom Clancy or I'm trying to who's the guy who does all the grisham you know? I mean, you know Stephen King. I know Stephen King is like a lunatic communist, but he sold a lot of books. If you were one of these guys, you were an elite society and invited, you know, a lot of parties and stuff.
Speaker 1: To people could be like, oh, I saw so and so the famous author. And he said that.
Speaker 2: If you try to tell people that the world is actually good and getting better, they they want to fight you because they think that that's a more sophisticated position to take. It's more sophisticated always in the eyes of people who generally aren't as smart as they think they are to say everything is crap, everything's going to hell, and they know that that gets attention too. And it's a very simple position to take. It's a very it's the easy way out. Now there are problems, right, you don't want to be on the other side either, where everything is amazing. But he just he warned against using catastrophism as a fallback and a means of getting attention for yourself.
Speaker 1: And I think that there's a lot of uh.
Speaker 2: And he actually said that people get mad at would get mad at him when he would explain to them that scientifically, the advances that are going on in the world, and this came up in the context of climate change. He can tell people, no, no, you don't have to worry climate change.
Speaker 1: Is it real?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but not in any significant way. It doesn't matter, so don't worry. And they would get very angry about that, right, we were telling them that their climate change, false God was not real. With this, what I see is a lot of people who know that if they tell you that the world is falling apart right now because of Trump, and they tell you and they.
Speaker 3: Oh, the markets, look at what the markets are.
Speaker 2: Doing and all this stuff, then even if they're wrong, in six months or a year, things will be so much better that nobody will really take the time to go back and say, hey, why were you so wrong about this? But also negative and really undermining the necessary resetting of some of these global relationships, because that's really what we're talking about here, you know, international trade relationships. And then there's the Steven Miller approach, which is.
Speaker 7: Stephen Miller is he takes the intellectual approach, but he also applies a little bit of the Conan the barbarian ethic to it, where he is just like, I'm going to drive my enemy from their villages and hear the lamentations of their women.
Speaker 2: Like Stephen Miller does not hold back. My man has showed up ready to throw down from day one of the first Trump term. And now, as you know, he's a White House deputy White House deputy chief of staff. Here he is on Liberation Day. This has cut six just laying it out there, and I think he was hitting home runs.
Speaker 1: Listen to it.
Speaker 8: The announcement today is the most significant action on global trade policy that has taken place in our lifetime. So it's not even a close call. This is probably the biggest event that's happened on global trade since the very ill fated decision that we are now reversing of knocking down all of America's trade tariffs and revenue policies that led to the offshoring and outsourcing of all for industries. So this is the great reversal of that. Great portrayal is how we look at it. So in the twentieth century, successive American presidents knocked down all of the policies that we had to protect the American industry, and they did insane things like letting China into the World Trade Organization as an example, and we watched all of our factories go overseas. This is the complete reversal of that. This is the great onshoring, the great reshoring of American jobs and wealth. So if you look at America today, we're totally dependent on foreign countries for the supplies to make this country run. For all of the essential goods, materials, manufactured products that make it possible for us to.
Speaker 1: Live our lives. Our cars are electronics.
Speaker 8: All the materials that go into our homes, our buildings, our medical supplies, our entire supply chains are completely embedded than foreign countries. There's a national emergency of any kind in a country shuts off an import or a foreign power embargoes a sea lane. We are then left defenseless, helpless because of the decisions that prior leaders made that President Trump is now reversing to let all of these industries leave our country.
Speaker 2: He's laying it out so well. And I'll get more into the national security piece of this in a second, because that's even more long term in the thinking, well, we would hope, right what happens in what does the world look like, given current trajectories for warfare, warfare of the future is going to be We've just gone through a period of twenty something years here where America in our wars has had complete technological dominance, complete aerial dominance, and they were really large scale policing and counterinsurgency actions in i Rock and Afghanistan and nation building for people that should build.
Speaker 1: Their own nations and we should left that to them. But that's a let's just.
Speaker 2: Not get not walk down that pathway right now. But there there was a particular focus on the the you know, the the elite individual soldier, the American soldier, and all the different things and rules. But it was an infantry, largely infantry operations. We're talking about here, right, the war of the future that we're looking especially if we avoid getting into these these entanglements of nation building and trying to separate warring parties. You know, I I'm weaving here, so I'm sorry. I got to go into this for a second. I watched on Netflix recently.
Speaker 1: This was worth it.
Speaker 2: This is actually worth watching Surviving black Hawk Down. And Surviving black Hawk Down's very good, very well done series. I read the Mark Boden book when it came out. Actually initially it was a series of articles and then it came out as a book. But I read it along time ago, and then I saw the movie. I think the movie is one of the best war movies I've ever seen, one of the most realistic modern war movies ever made. And you know, it's just it's an incredible story. It's an incredible story, and it shows the bravery, the challenges, the risks that our infantry are our soldiers take in these kind of third world hell holes. But also what the Surviving blackhawk Down, to me, at least series adds to this is you get a little more of the context of what the heck were we doing there? Bill Clinton, of course running the show. And we're there because there's a civil war going on, you know, all over small but mostly we're based in Mogadishu. You got warring factions and we're we're trying to do a humanitarian mission, but then we've got apaches doing strike missions, and then we want to do more human I mean, it was the.
Speaker 1: Strategic the police level was a disaster.
Speaker 2: And I'm just gonna say that Bill Clinton the most overrated intellect maybe in the history of American politics.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm so smart.
Speaker 2: Yeah, please, we know what Bill, We know what Bill was really thinking about. And it wasn't policy in Somalia, that's for sure. And I'm brave soldiers of ours paid paid for the poor strategy and planning with their lives, and many of them were wounded. But I think about this in the context of these We've learned this lesson many times. Oh and you also, I would add to this. You see the perspective of Somali militia leaders. They interviewed them, which was really interesting. Who were there that day at the black Hawk Down incident. You see what they were saying. And anyway, so I would I would recommend you. I know a lot of you don't like Netflix, you don't want to subscribe to it, but I'm just saying, if you do subscribe to Netflix, this is a worthwhile series. But that was another one of these police actions. What are we doing there? Assuming we don't do that, And that's a lesson that we may have to just keep in mind going forward. Right, That's something that you know, you look at the Democrats. If Democrats see an opportunity to send other people sons and daughters to die for a war that they themselves would not fight in but makes them feel good about themselves at Georgetown cocktail parties, Hey, that's the kind of war they want other people fighting. So we have to remember that's not what we want. That's not what we want to do. But the war of the future is going to be based on technology, material machinery and robotics and AI and satellite connectivity and drones. That's very apparent. And I have friends who work in the aerospace and defense sector, and I know people that are that are involved in the cutting edge of this. And why does that matter for trade? Because that really turns into a who can make more of the best stuff the fastest at the highest level wins. So it's not just a oh, China has cheaper labor costs unless environl our mental regulation, so we should just let them make all of our stuff. Well, if things continue to heat up, remember this is not stuff you can switch on overnight. If China has all the factories to give us all this stuff for different sectors that are national security dependent, they can turn that spigot off when they want to. And yeah, maybe in a couple of years we could start to catch up. But if we go into a hot war with China in twenty years or ten years, or who knows, we're not going to have a few years to play catch up. And that's what Trump and his team are taking into account now as well. I understand there's also the short term financial impacts, and we'll talk more about this, but there's a clear national security component to the degree the amount of offshoring that we have for our industrial base. And that's an additional conversation to what do we do for the American middle class? Just working Americans trying to pay their bills? You know what happens for them, what's best for them? How could you create an economy where there are a lot of job opportunities. Of course, illegal immigration plays into this too. Supply and demand in terms of human materi l is also a real thing, right, you have to look at personnel that matters. How many people are available for a job that matters. So all these different pieces come together. But back on the national security piece. Here, as I said Stephen Miller laying it down yesterday on Liberation Day, this is cut seven.
Speaker 8: And so what he's doing today is for the first time ever, you're saying that if you have stolen our jobs and therefore threatens our national security, we will apply a reciprocal tariff based on the degree of your misconduct. So for countries like China, for example, they will see a very high terriff fright because they've engaged in the most egregious conduct threaten as our national security. For countries that have severe but not as severe misconduct, they'll see a moderate but not as high tariff fright. The effect, though, of those global tariffs will be that companies will have to move their production back into the United States. So factories will leave, whether it be Mexico or Canada, or Vietnam or Cambodia or China or the European Union, they will come back to the United States to produce their products, to make their goods, and in so doing, Yes, it will create jobs. Yes it will increase revenues. But most importantly, it will restore our national security so that we will not be dependent on anyone else to survive and thrive us a nation.
Speaker 2: All of these pieces together, they all tie in together, and they're Yes, there are competing interests, and yes, this isn't going to be easy from the get go. There's gonna be an adjustment period. I don't know how long it will be.
Speaker 1: And as I've.
Speaker 2: Said, you know, if Trump is wrong on this one, then the economy has.
Speaker 1: A Look, it's not gonna be the Great Depression.
Speaker 2: It's not gonna please I actually think things are going to It's gonna be pretty quick, and you're gonna have what I would say is the Trump dividend. The Trump bounce back might take until the fall, maybe it's this summer, I don't know. But once some of this stuff gets cleared out of the system, and once they start bringing rates down and there's all these things that can happen, you are going to see Remember the first Trump I keep talking about the record, Remember the first Trump economy, before COVID and before the Democrats, because their psychos used the whole thing or lock everything down and shut down the economy artificially. Economy from twenty sixteen to twenty to twenty seventeen when Trump took office to twenty nineteen.
Speaker 1: Was kicking, but kicking, but and all all the way through.
Speaker 2: The guy knows what he's doing. He knows what he's doing on this stuff. I have faith in him, and I think all of you do as well. So we'll continue to follow this. I'm gonna tell you something. Clay was down here for a couple days. We had a great time South Beach. You might have seen I posted weird. We actually went to the gym together yesterday, you know, throwing up. I don't know, I wasn't I'm not counting, you know where Clay and I thrown up four five hundred pounds on the bench. Can neither confirm nor deny. But what I can confirm for you is we had a steak night with Good Ranchers. So we're sponsors a sponsored of course here on the show by Good Ranchers. But they kind of sponsored our steak night because Carry and I have a freezer full of Good Rancher stuff. We even had the chicken nuggets during the show, not yesterday, the day before. I just made some chicken nuggets as a snacker in the break. We're here in my home studio. But the steak Night with Good Ranchers was absolutely fantastic. I'm gonna tell you this. Good Ranchers all speaking about all American, all American farms, all American ranchers. I love their stuff. It's so delicious. I'm gonna tell you I run the cast iron here. I will say Carrie is the queen of the kitchen, but I run the cast iron. Okay, I'm the cast iron man. And I took some t bone steaks from Good Ranchers that I had, and I seared them. They were so delicious. Usually i'll make like a little bit of a kind of a butter an herb sauce, if you will, for the steak. I didn't need it because it was so juicy. INTENT didn't make any sauce, which is nice, right because I don't need it because the meat's that good. Get a Good Ranchers box you will see for yourself good ranchers dot com. They've got all kinds of different boxes set up. Pick different ones if you want month to month, but get set up with good Ranchers. Enter my name Buck as you're making your purchase. You'll receive free bacon, ground beef and seed oil, free chicken nuggets or salmon for a year, and forty dollars off. We really want you to try this, so you're getting a really amazing deal right now. Go to good ranchers dot com enter code buck to shop, subscribe and stand with American ranchers. Let them cater your next steak night my friends. Plus, they got great chicken, great salmon. Go to good ranchers dot com. Ent your code buck.
Speaker 1: You'll get some freebies in there and forty dollars off. Sometimes all you can do is laugh, and they do a lot of it with the Sunday Hang. Join Clay and Buck as they laugh.
Speaker 6: It up in the Clay and Buck podcast feed on the iHeartRadio app or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: Congressman Jim Jordan joins us to talk about everything going on. Congressman, always appreciate you making the time.
Speaker 1: You bet Bucket to be with you can we start.
Speaker 2: You know what, I want to have you react to this. Okay, Over at CNBC, this is cut eight. They are freaking out right now, and I wanted to let you tell everybody how you're feeling about this. But let's play cut eight. This is the situation of the terriff assessment over there, playing.
Speaker 9: The market reaction after hours. I've never seen anything like it. This, I think fair to say, is worse than the worst case scenario of the tariffs that many in the market expected the President to impose. And there's some question of how the administration calculated the percentages that they're responding to in each of these cases. Are they adding in value added taxes? He talked about non tariff barriers as well, So I think while many were hoping that this would eliminates uncertainty, there's going to be more uncertainty in the market, worse.
Speaker 1: Than the worst case scenario. Jim, what do you make of it?
Speaker 5: Everyone needs to relax. And you know the thing I keep coming up with all these these foreign countries saying they're going to do this if TARA and talking about how bad it is the President Tump does this. If tariffs are so bad, why don't they just get rid of the tariffs they have on all our products. I mean, it's it's that's pretty basic. And frankly, that's the president's argument. Why don't you show us the respect we've shown you. They won't do that. He's saying, Okay, we're tired of taking it on the chin. We're tired of manufacturing leaving this country. I mean, my dad was a union worker for General Motors in Dayton, Ohio. There used to be several plants GM plants in Dayton. Now there's not. And and and the auto worker who stood up yesterday with the I thought the President's for march were great. The auto worker who stood up, I think spoke for so many middle middle class, working class families. Enough of this, Let's try something different, Let's tell them to quit sticking it to us, and let's look out for the interest of the American family, the American worker, in the American economy.
Speaker 2: So you you have faith that this should play out and that the president, I mean, how much of this in your mind do you think is just the ongoing negotiation of it before we can even know what it is that's going to be the final dispensation of where these different tariff numbers are.
Speaker 5: No. I think that's a good point. And we all know that the President is is this great, is a great negotiator, He's I think he believes in tariffs. He certainly said that he's used tariffs in the past. He used it in his first term. I know he used it on steel and the benefit in manufacturing in our great state, particularly the whirlpool facility in our one of the many whorldpool facilities in our in our state. So this shouldn't be a big surprise. You never had to this degree. But like anything worth accomplishing, anything worth really achieving, there's always some effort and some discipline and some toughness involved with getting there. That's just the way life works. I don't think this is any different. But I think the American people see where the President wants to go. Certainly working class people see where he wants to go. They know what's happened in manufacturing, and I think there's a trust level there with the president network. It'll be maybe some difficult times here for a while, but I think we get through it and we come out better on the other side. And that's the whole point.
Speaker 2: Someone else that caught My attention. Congressman, you are the chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, and you can speak to this internal FBI chat law yes, showing that the FBI imposed a gag order about the New York Post story on the Hunter Biden laptop the day it came out.
Speaker 1: Oh my, give us these details.
Speaker 5: Well, first of all, we knew this from a deposition, but this is the first time we've got the document. So God bless the FBI. This is this is the night and day difference between what we had before and what we have under Cashptel and Pam Bondi the Justice Department. But we had mister Brady Olsen, one of the guys mentioned in his chat that you can see it, but he told us, he said, yeah, in a meeting that these regular meetings that took place where the FBI would go talk to big tech and they'll run up to the twenty twenty presidential election, and they were prepping them on all that there might be an information operation, it might come from a foreign country. They were prepping them on what they knew could happen because they had the laptop and they knew it was real. That one of these meetings, the day that this comes up is October fourteenth. It comes up and someone says is the laptop reel and the FBI confirms it. Someone spoke out a turn. They quickly get together, get their story straight, and from that point on they say no comment. And then they even have in the chat. The one that stuck out with me was where they said Twitter is treating this story as disinformation. They treated as this information because you prepped them for that and you knew it was real. This just demonstrates what we knew all along that the FBI wasn't being square with the American people.
Speaker 2: Now, how confident are you in the ability for that entity to be reformed? I know you have a lot of faith in Director Patel and Deputy Director Bondino, But they're taking as it's an unwieldy and problematic operation. They're taking over. What are some of the things that you think need to get done over there, not only to clean house internally, but to help restore faith for the American people in a federal la enforcement institution that we need to function at the highest level and without partisan agenda.
Speaker 5: Yeah, already two things have happened. One, they're beginning to move people out of the third of the FBI agents we're in DC area. Well that's not where all the crime takes place. I mean enough takes place in this area. But so they're moving them out and focusing more on traditional going after traditional bad guys versus this surveillance on American citizens. So that's one huge step in the right direction that Director Bettel and Dana put in into place. Second, I just know what we've gotten in the in the first few weeks that he's been running the FBI. We said seven subpoenas over there five weeks ago. The response the documents we're getting is, like I said, it's night and day compared to what we got under Chris Ray, what we got under Merrick Garland at the Justice Department. So there's just two examples of where they're already changing how that place operates, saying we're going to get the truth and we're going to get the facts of the American people, answer the questions that they have, and we're going to put our agents on actually stopping you know, the crime activity that that is that we traditionally associate with the FBI, mafia, organized clime, money, launching, all those things, versus again buying on the American people.
Speaker 2: Talking to Congress and Jim Jordan from Ohio and uh, one thing that I think a congressman, that is interesting to see how President Trump is staying on this and not not moving, not moving the agenda very much from what he said.
Speaker 1: It would be the freeze on funding to Maine.
Speaker 2: Remember there was that little back and forth with the governor of Maine and the President where she was she was talking tough about you know, I'll see you in court, and he was like.
Speaker 1: Let's do it. I love court, Let's go to court.
Speaker 2: And now the Trump administration is freeze funding to Maine for letting trans athletes compete against girls by you know, man in biological man or teenagers competing against girls. It feels like promise made, promise kept on this one. What do you make of it?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 5: No, this is this is why the American people appreciate the President. I say this all the time. We make the job too complicate. What to tell the voters you were going to do when you ran for it. If they elect you, do what you said. And this is president he told It's not like you told us. It wasn't gonna be a doje ef he's not like you told us he wasn't going to run that. It's not like you told us he wasn't for caraffs and he was tired of being being taken advantage by other countries. And it's not like he told us that. You know, he thinks, like the vast majority of Americans that you know, guys shouldn't be competing against girls in sports. I mean, so he's doing what he said, and I think so many Americans just appreciate that. And he says this all the time, and we've talked about this buck but like we're the Party of common sense. It's common sense to to have a border. The left of party are crazy. It's crazy not to have a border. It's crazy to say boys to compete against girls in sports. It's crazy to to to I mean, to take a plane and a judge say, turn the plane around, bring the bad guys back here who were illegal, part of an organized terrorist organization, the most dangerous gang on the planet. Turned that plane around and bring it back. That's crazy. So the President is all for doing the common sense things that he campaigned on, and one of them was the issue with the governor made and he's sticking to it, and God bless him for doing it.
Speaker 2: Did you see this, this female fencer who took a knee instead of competing against a male opponent. She was disqualified for this, And I just think that one, it's a brave thing to do for this young woman to do it, but also it's the right.
Speaker 1: Thing to do.
Speaker 2: People should not women should not subject themselves to this anymore. There should be I think, a campaign to opt I mean, you were a college athlete, there should be a campaign to opt out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I agree, you know, and God blessed Riley Gaines and what she's done, the President's executive order that he signed about five six weeks ago. But you need people who are courageous like this, this young lady who's stood up or I guess in this situation she knelt down and said no, we're not going there. And and Riley Gaines who started this, and others. Everyone instinctively knows this is wrong, particularly parent of young ladies who are competing in sports, who are working hard to it. We had two daughters, both were athletes. I mean, that's it's just ridiculous and everyone gets it. But if the left wants to defend it, from a political standpoint, I don't think it helps them just one more example of the crazy positions that left now takes.
Speaker 1: Do you think that?
Speaker 2: And I'm just asking for your your sense of it, right, I know that you can't really know, but I'm curious what your perception is of it. Among Democrat House colleagues. You know, when when you see how they have to take, what positions they take on this issue of the transgender sports stuff, is it more that they actually believe this or more that they're just afraid of the crazies within their party who think that this is the new civil rights crusade.
Speaker 5: It's the latter. It's you know, it's the old. Some politicians when they get asked a question, it's a yeah for that next question, please that they just want to move on. They just want to like, uh, kind of ignore it. But I think it's more of the latter. Now. There are some I mean the heart I always say, not all Democrats are crazy, but the left that controls their party is, and that's where the energy is in the party. It's it's the it's the radical left, and they're they're driving this stuff. So I think many of them just kind of put the head down and move on, don't want to deal with it and helps less leave them alone. But there are some, there are some who truly believe that you should just let it happen with them like it. That's great.
Speaker 1: It is. It is crazy, is not, and that is the only way to describe it.
Speaker 2: It is a it is a nonsane, insane thing to believe. And and the fact that this continues on is It's just I think the Democrat Party has to carry this around and they're not gonna They're not gonna be able to win this issue because they're wrong and because they're lying. Well, you know, usually now we get to like clays out, today's playing golf, you know, as one does. It is having a good time. So usually we'd ask you a sports question. I actually have an nerd question for you. But you know how the budget process and the money stuff works. You mentioned Doge, So sorry, Usually now we'd have some fun. But instead I'm like, let's let's take out the calculator.
Speaker 5: Way though, you should go with us next time we go. You should go to the INNA wrestling with this next it was. There was some boring matches early, but the heavyweight match was so you got to come with us next time. Oh, I would love to wet. You got to come with us next time we go to that. It's a fun time, you know.
Speaker 2: My my primary school in New York actually wrote about this on X used to require everybody in the winter season for sports to do wrestling, and I thought it was a great It was great.
Speaker 1: No, I mean it, it was great. Like it was.
Speaker 2: We all learned the basics and we had tournaments and then Jim Classic. Of course, they got rid of it about ten years after I graduated because people thought it was too violent. You know, there was this whole oh the parrots. Yeah, wrestling was too violent, you know, anyway it was. It was kind of crazy. Okay, wait my nerd question. Yes, I'd love to go to the wrestling nerd question. Though important you mentioned, doge. I see all this stuff about the cut. How much of this is Trump can cut as executive chief, and how much of it is those identifying where there should be cuts that you and your colleagues in Congress are going to have to figure out, and the budgets that the money actually gets taken out Again.
Speaker 5: It's more of the latter. We're going to have to do a recision package. Now, the way the decision package works is the White House sends it to Capitol Hill. So it's different. Normally, all spending and taxing bills obviously start in the Congress, specifically in the House. Under the constitution, taxing and spending is the House representatives, the body close to the people. But this is something where you want to rescind money that's already been appropriated. The White House sends it to Capitol Hill and says, these things are ridiculous. Can you rescind this? And the beauty of a recision package is you only need fifty votes in the Senate. You don't need to get to the supermajority of sixty. So we're waiting for that package. We've been pushing and urging the White House to get us that package. I would have loved to have done this in steps, even like last week. It had been nice to have a bill that simply said no more money goes to npry have followed this. The lady miser of course, by the CEO. She was terrible. She said it was eighty seven to zero, eighty seven Democrat editors at NPR in the DC area, zero Republicans according to one of their journalist who worked there twenty five years, who was an award winning journalist. She did that research and gave that data, and I asked her a question. I said, are you guys unbiased? He goes, we're unbiased, and I said, to eighty seven to zero, It's not forty four to forty three. It's eighty seven to zero. But there's still I mean, it was ridiculous. So it'd been nice to have a recision package on that. Just let's just get rid of the MPR start there and then just keep building. But I think the White House is going to put it together in a bigger package. They send it to us and then we have.
Speaker 2: A vote and he sends someone that might might be just roughly time wise.
Speaker 5: I am hoping sooner round. I mean, we keep urging the White House to do it. I know some of my colleagues have talked to Russ vote and O and B, so we wanted as soon as possible. I don't know exactly when that's in, but they tell they keep tell us they're working on it, putting it together.
Speaker 2: Conxon Jim Jordan, Oh, wait one, because you know Clay would want me to ask thank you this who's going to win the March Madness thing?
Speaker 5: You know, I followed a little last week when it was six, you know, sweet sixteen lead eight. I kind of like the Florida team.
Speaker 1: But there we go.
Speaker 2: You know you're joining you're joining the Clay and Buck choice. We both picked Florida to win, so there we go perfectly.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I kind of liked them when I watched. I watched them play and uh, you know, I was kind of hoping for missions date, kind of sticking.
Speaker 2: With the big My wife is a gator and I have a baby coming next week, so you know, happy wife, especially happy wife with new baby. So we go go gators around this house for sure. Congressant Jim Jordan always appreciate you man, Thanks for making the time.
Speaker 1: You beg luck, take care all right.
Speaker 2: It is a new month everybody and a lot going on, right, But how much is your day to day as healthy as it could be? Think about that for a second. I mean, do you have the energy you need? Are are you feel like you have? You're getting everything done? You don't need napps, You're not all that tired. I've gone through it myself where I need napps and I feel like my energies.
Speaker 1: That are low.
Speaker 2: And yeah, of course diet, exercise, that's the foundation. But if you really want to have all the tools at your disposal, proper supplementation is necessary. And I take Chalk, and I've been taking Chalk for months, and yes, I'm down almost forty pounds, and yes I've added five pounds of muscle according to the DEXA scan. And you know, it's getting better and better. I feel better and better. And proper supplements definitely a part of this package for me. And I go to Chalk Chalk dot com, cchoq dot com. You know, they say the proof is in the pudding. The proof is you know, you can look at me here. I'm down forty pounds chalkcchoq dot com. They make a whole range of supplements. I take the Chalk daily, which works to boost free testosterone. But there's so many great products there. Chalk's mal Vitality Stack, for example. That's a really broad spectrum approach for overall health and wellness. These are top quality products. The CEO of the company is a friend of mine. In Clay's a great American, a patriot based in Texas, and he wants you to be getting the best stuff. It's a mission for him. Chalk joq dot com. Use my name buck for a massive discount on any subscription for life that's chalk choq dot com. Use promo code buck for a huge discount on any subscription for as long as you have it.
Speaker 6: Stories of freedom, stories of America, inspirational stories that you unite us.
Speaker 1: All each day.
Speaker 6: Spend time with Clay and find them on the free iHeartRadio app or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: Senator Marsha Blackburn of Tennessee joins us Senator always going to talk to you, Thanks for being here.
Speaker 10: It is always so good to talk to you. Thanks so much for.
Speaker 1: Having me on a bunch of issues.
Speaker 2: Wanted to get your your latest analysis on judiciary hearings, drug seizure of the border.
Speaker 1: We're going to get into that momentarily.
Speaker 2: But first, I know that Tennessee, your home state, has been hit with some really scary storms and there's been some loss of life. What can you tell us about these tornadoes and the and the efforts to get help to those need it.
Speaker 10: Yes, we know that they have touched down in a couple of counties. Hartiman County and McNairy County. The town of Selmer has been the hardest hit. They have lost six lives. And I know our governor and the Tennessee Emergency Management my team, they've all been out this morning and they're working hard to help people recover and to do a damage assessment. But McNairy County, Tennessee, really caught the brunt of it last night, and we certainly are praying for those individuals. And then we've got a lot of flooding that is taking place in the middle Tennessee area and continuing to watch that. It should be raining for another eight hours or so and then we'll be able to do a better damage assessment.
Speaker 2: Is there a need Center for coordination with the Trump administration the federal government on some of the efforts to get help, or is the State of Tennessee mostly handling.
Speaker 10: Well, we did the disaster declaration last night during the night, and President Trump went ahead and approved that. So those resources are being surged into the area now, and we're really grateful to the President for taking such swift action on that and coordinating with our state.
Speaker 2: All right, Center, Well, thoughts and prayers go to everybody in your state affected by this and we know that you and President Trump and also Tennessee Emergency services are on it. I had a friend who just moved to Nashville and was surprised that at how these tornadoes rolled in, and it really rattled a lot of people. So anyway, aught and prayers go to them, and we'll be thinking about the folks at Tennessee. Tell us about this judiciary hearing on universal injunctions. This seems to be clearly the universal injunctions one of the primary obstruction tools that have been used against the Trump agenda so far. What came out of these hearings and what do you think comes next on this issue.
Speaker 10: One of the things that really was so apparent on this is how the Democrats have not been able to get what they want. It's a ballot box, so they've not been able to get what they want legislatively, and they really were sent a message on November fifth if they did not like so now they have turned to the judiciary and time and again, as we heard from the witnesses, there is absolutely no constitutional or statutorial authority for a district judge to issue a nationwide injunction, and a district judge is constrained by the case in front of him and the district in which he is seated and he cannot go outside of that. And so it just show Rode showed how the Democrats are trying to politicize the court this time to get their way, which is to stop President Trump's agenda. And in the month of February, these activist judges issued fifteen universal injunctions against Trump, and during Biden's entire administration four years, there were only fourteen against Biden in total.
Speaker 2: Now, what do you think should happen or what are you hoping will happen next?
Speaker 1: On this?
Speaker 2: The Supreme Court, I would assume, has to has to weigh in. So it feels like for a lot of us, are we just in a weight and see mode for there to be some sanity restored to this process. What happens next, Well.
Speaker 10: We do have legislation and having the bill that would clarify that the judge cannot go outside of his district to end in making a ruling that helps to elevate this issue. Because Justice Roberts, Chief Justice Roberts is going to have to weigh in on this, and the Supreme Court is going to have to weigh in on this issue, but we think it is a valid point and something that is necessary to point out that this authority does not exist with these federal district judges. And again it points out the importance of having good constitutional jurists on the bench.
Speaker 2: Also yesterday, Senator, there was a hearing Senate hearing with the CEO, the current CEO of Boeing. You know, a lot of people are much more attuned to air safety than they have been in a while, giving some of the very unfortunate situations, both including some fatal accidents but also some near misses that have been happening. I know this specifically was focused on seven thirty seven Max nine jet incident and some other very high profile aviation aviation issues. But what happened to Boeing? I mean, that's I think a lot of people just curious. This used to be considered a great American company with incredible safety procedures, incredibly innovative, and there's been a loss of confidence in Boeing as a corporation. What did the CEO tell you? What do people need to know about how this company and just airline safety in general is getting the focus that it needs well and.
Speaker 10: On airline safety. We have all been very concerned about that and are pushing the FAA to make certain that they are hiring people that are qualified to be air traffic controllers. And last year because of DEI requirements, they had a thousand people that were qualified, but they did not take them because they didn't meet certain DEI requirements. Now on Boeing, I think that many of us have just been disappointed with how they've taken their eye off the ball, seemingly when it comes to safety. And I talked to with the CEO yesterday in my time of questioning about how their culture at the company just seemed to have eroded and there was not that trust among the employees and the leadership. And then also the lack of protection that was given to whistleblowers because whistle blowers had been fired, they had been isolated, and what we need. If they had been heeding what these whistleblowers were saying, maybe that would have helped with not having this diminished work culture, and maybe they would not have taken their eye off the safety provisions that they should be meeting every single day as a guarantee to the flying public.
Speaker 2: We're speaking the Senator Marsha Blackburn of Tennessee and Senator the one of the areas where the Trump administration right out of the gate has shown just incredible results is the reduction in illegal entries.
Speaker 1: In the United States.
Speaker 2: There's also been a substantial reduction in the illegal importation of drugs like fentanyl, methamphetamine, cocaine, all the rest of it. But you have raised, you and along with your colleague Senator Ted Cruz, have raised that there was an effort that previously existed to add to the current, you know, the current efforts to stop the drugs from flowing into the country that involve interdiction at at transit hubs, and that Biden, the Biden administration turned this off. Can you tell us about what this program was and what would it take to get it going again.
Speaker 10: Yes, and this was a program that was suspended. It was a DEA program and it is called consensual encounters, and it allowed DEA agents to inspect and conduct interdiction efforts in transit hubs. And we're trying to restore that. Now. Let me just give you the Nashville Airport as an example. If you take the period of time from twenty twenty two to twenty four, then they apprehended thirty three kilgrams of fentanyl pills, sixteen kilograms of fentanyl powder, and over fifteen hundred kilograms of marijuana as they were conducting these interdictions, and the DOJ's Inspector General had conclude that the Biden administration DEA was not following these policies that are put in place, and we should be using every federal agency and everything that we have in order to conduct these searches and to keep these drugs from coming into the country.
Speaker 2: Is there anything else that you would like to see on the congressional specifically Senate side, a congressional side to help with border related efforts. Is there anything else that as a member of Congress you could help get done, because it's great what Trump has done so far, but it feels like legislation could always help, or maybe in this case it could help.
Speaker 10: Well, we do need legislation because we need to codify the actions of the president and we need to make certain that we go back to building the wall so that we deter that entry on the southern border, and we have to turn our attention to the northern border with Canada. When you look at the amount of fintannol that was apprehended not by Canadian manted police, but by the US Border Patrol up there on that northern border. It was enough to kill nearly fifty million people. And we know that the drug traffickers are now changing their route and they're going up to the Canadian border and then coming back down into the US. So it is imperative that we look at what is going to happen there with securing that border, and I think that you will see us push more for these programs that will help us to secure this country. And bear in mind when we secure the border and you curb illegal entry, and thank goodness, we are now at the lowest levels it's been in two decades. Them Border Patrol has the opportunity to do more work at the ports of entry and to stop the transit of some of these drugs that have been making their way into the country.
Speaker 2: Senator Blackburn, always appreciate you making time for us here on Clay and Buck.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much.
Speaker 10: Absolutely, thank you. Bania.
Speaker 2: I want to tell you about Saber. It's a company that makes products to help you defend yourself and your family. And this is a family owned business They've been at this for fifty years. I know the CEO, I know his team. They all truly believe in Saber products because they rely on them to defend their families. And when you're looking for non lethal options for self defense in the home or outside, plus a whole other range of security tools for your home, Saber is simply the best in class. In fact, their non lethal pepper spray projectile launcher looks and feels like a pistol, and it is. It's so useful, and it gives you a force escalation options. As you know, I'm a Second Amendment guy, so yeah, I've got a lot of guns here at home, but Carrie prefers a non lethal option for herself when she leaves the home or when she's here at home without me around. And also it gives me the opportunity if I want to take it, to go non lethal as a first resort. And when you see the Saber Prepper projectile launcher and how effective that irrit in cloud is, how big that cloud is, you realize people are really gonna think twice and this is going to be really helpful for protecting yourself, your family, and your home. Find dozens of great products at Saber Makes at their website Saber radio dot com. That's s A b r E Radio dot com. Say fifteen percent on that website today s A b r E radio dot com or call eight four four A two four safe eight four four A two four safe.
Speaker 6: News and politics, but also a little comic relief Clay Travis at buck Sexton. Find them on the free iHeartRadio app or wherever you get your podcasts.