Speaker 1: Hi, everybody. Welcome to another edition of Packers Unscripted from Packers dot Com. I am Mike Spofford, joined as always by my partner in crime, Wes Hodkowitz. We're coming to you here from our studios at lambeau Field and Wes. It is late May. The time has arrived. OTAs are underway for the Green Bay Packers, and not long after we are done recording this episode, we will be out at the practice field to watch the one practice this week we get to watch. There will be a media day once a week for the next three weeks during OTAs. Today is that day, so we will talk about all the happenings of today on our next show. But I want to sort of preview this whole window of OTAs and what you and I are going to be watching for. What do we look for at practice? There will be some press conferences, locker room interviews, all that kind of stuff going on. I've posted a story on our website sort of five things to be looking for, just what's on the radar of the media, so to speak, as we head into these OTAs. What's something that jumps out at you in terms of what your eyeballs will be glancing toward at the practice field this afternoon.
Speaker 2: Something to look at. I mean, hey, man, I love the draft as much as anybody. I love the free agency, but my goodness, it feels good to actually have some real practices to cover some actual football, veteran football players on the field, Guys that we're going to see for the very first time in Packers' uniforms like Josh Jacobs, Xavier McKinney. Very excited to see what this twenty twenty four team looks like. Now again, you and I will always say this, this in a lot of ways is sort of the underwear Olympics. It won't be the you know, full bore practices, you know, colliding thumping. It's gonna be a lot of getting the process down, working on fundamentals and then doing some team stuff. But I'll tell you what, Mike, My biggest takeaway in two thousand and twenty one, I think it was June seventh of twenty twenty twenty one or June ninth, was that for me was always the Jordan Love coming out party. That was the practice when Aaron Rodgers wasn't here, Jordan Love balled out and we started to see that those signs at the time right that this guy could be a real superstar in this league. Again, making no bold proclamations, but this is where you start to see the progress that guys are making. I've seen some of the videos, we've some of the photos that Evan Siegel has taken. You get a feel for how certain guys look, how their bodies look right now. That for me is just always seeing who's gonna be primed to take a jump, not making any bold predictions, but seeing who has put themselves in a situation now with two months until training camp to really take advantage of what is going to be a wide open opportunity on this roster.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think there's a lot of curiosity certainly, and again, there aren't gonna be any jobs one or loss like the you know the week one starting lineup where there are some open spots. You know, it's not going to be decided here in May and June. It's going to be training camp, it's going to be the preseason games, the padded practices. These are obviously non contact practices, so you have to understand all that going in. But when you look at Jeff Hafley's new defense, here, everybody is going to be wondering, Okay, what is the linebacking corps going to look like out there? And what is the safety position going to look like? You know, Kay Walker is going to be a big part of this defense somewhere in the middle at the linebacker level. You would also expect Edger and Cooper, a second round draft pick, a guy the Packers have a lot of high hopes for and everything we heard from the defensive coaches, they are very, very excited about this young man. You expect him to be involved somewhere. But then you know, the questions are when there are three linebackers on the field, is Isaiah McDuffie. The third one is Tyron Hopper the third one When you look at safety, you mentioned McKinney prized free agent acquisition, early free agent signing for the Packers, but none of them the veteran safeties from last year are back. The only one who's back who played any significant amount at safety in this defense last year was Anthony Johnson Junior, who was a seventh round rookie last season. So next to McKinney, Johnson will be in that competition. And then you've got the draft picks Javon Bullard and Evan Williams. We won't see catano Oladappo. He's still recovering from a foot surgery, so we're expecting potentially to see him in training camp, so we won't necessarily see him at this point. But those are the guys kind of involved in these competitions for the open spots, and I guess you know we're going to at least get an early look at kind of how the depth chart is shaping up right now, where the what the coaches feel is the starting point for this defense in OTA. Is not to say that things won't change. That's not to say that there won't be rotations. We might see something today on the practice field in terms of how the defenses aligned and where the depth chart is, and then tomorrow, when the media is not there, they might be doing something completely different with the personnel that we won't know about. And that's kind of how things go during OTAs. But those are the kinds of things that we'll have our eyes on, specifically on the defensive side of the ball.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and this is a real interesting thing because there was a time where I always use the example. I'm sure I've used it on unscripted before when we talk about OTAs of twenty thirteen where they drafted Eddie Lacy, but it was still Alex Green was the one taking number one reps at running back. Sure with the makeup of this roster, though, and I saw the stats somewhere and I wish I knew how I could attribute to Maybe it was Packers wire, but I'm not sure. Seventy four of the ninety guys on the Packers roster right now are on first time controllable contracts otherwise known as rookie contracts, though they aren't all rookies, but that aspect of it makes it so that with that, when you don't have a ton of veterans that are kind of locked in for a specific spot, you are going to probably see Edrinko we're out there, much like in twenty nineteen when you think about how we saw Darnell Savage out there from day one, right next to Adrian Amos.
Speaker 1: That's what I was going to say. I think in some ways, you know, the way the Packers handle things with the draft picks at this stage of the season. I think in the Brian Gudukunst era, it's a little different from the Ted Thompson era because we've seen since Gudak Kunst has taken over as GM, Darnell Savage stepping in day one, Josh Myers at center stepping in as a starter day one. We're expecting to see that from a guy like Cooper, maybe a guy like Bullard at safety. But you mentioned in the Ted Thompson era there was a little bit of hesitancy there was. It was more of you know, okay, let the veterans still lead from the front, and then you know, see what happens as time goes on. So I think that's been a little bit different approach in recent years compared to say, a decade ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and not to say that what work then doesn't work now or vice. But I think the interesting aspect of that is when you have somebody like Edgrin Cooper, who by all intensive purposes, when you draft somebody in the second round like they did when you draft Javon Bullard, not saying they're gonna be Week one starters, but when you take guys that high and you invest those type of resources into the first off ball linebacker taken, the second safety taken, you are expecting a return sooner rather than later. I think everybody's expectation follows that.
Speaker 1: So absolutely, it's a.
Speaker 2: Huge thing for you know, Edgern Cooper to be able to take some snaps with kuay Walker, much like it was a big deal for two years ago kuay Walker to work alongside DeAndre Campbell right out of the gate. Those reps is you're starting to build that chemistry, you're starting to build that rapport with one another. You can't take those for granted because this thing. Maybe a lot of fans might know this at this point, but in general, those who do not. The OTAs and then the final mini camp, that's your first round of installs. That's the first rough draft of your offense and your defense. Then they'll start recycling it and going back through things once you get to training camp. So for Edgerrin Cooper, there's a lot of value in working alongside Quay Walker or Isaiah McDuffie. There's a lot of value for whether it's Javon Bullard, whether it's Evan Williams, whoever it is, being on the back end with Zavier McKinney, a veteran of four years who's also learning this defense. Yeah, it's exciting. And I think when you look at the reps and the mental stuff and understanding exactly what your assignments are going to be, being alongside those veterans can go a long way for these rookies right out of the gate.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And I think on the offensive side of the ball, the two things that are going to be watched the most by us by the media that are out there Josh Jacobs taking over as the number one running back in this offenses. And as I wrote in the story that's on our website, I think the curious thing with Jacobs is that we heard both from Jacobs and from Matt Lafleur in the off season this idea of Jacob's being used a little bit more as a pass catcher out of the backfield than he was with the Raiders. And when you look at the numbers in his five seasons with the Raiders, Jacobs averaged about forty receptions per season. You look at in the you know, the Aaron Jones era here in Matt Lafleur's offense, Jones's single season high four receptions with Matt Lafleur is fifty nine. So you just wonder how this how this is going to evolve and how Josh Jacobs is going to be used. We're not going to really get much of an idea as far as you know the running game goes, because I mean, you know, Josh jacobs game is breaking tackles and things. You know that that we're not going to see that out there on the practice field, right, So that's all really going to have to wait, quite honestly, probably until the regular season before we really get a sense of how he's going to look in the running game in this offense. But his usage in the passing game is something to be watched very closely.
Speaker 2: I like the trend that this happened with this league too, because I remember, and you were a little bit older than me, a little bit more mature than I was. I was watching the two thousand and three, two thousand and two, two thousand and four Packers as as basically a kid. I was a teenager at that time, and I remember when Green had all those catches for the Packers back in that twenty years ago. I remember thinking to myself, I'm like, man, what's wrong with this offense that they have to continually keep going to the running back? There always was that sort of faux paw. It felt like that if you're using your running back as a receiver, that's probably an indictment on your receivers. But what's been cool, and I don't know if it's David Johnson recently retired, or just some of the ways that the league has gone Austin Eckler where I feel like it's really the Pandora's box now. If you can get the ball in your running back's hands, and for the running backs, I think that's the future of the position now, because if you want to last in this league, you have to be a pass catcher. And I think Josh Jacobs is really excited about that. I feel like Matt Lafleur, one of the things that really expanded Aaron Jones's ability and what made him a Pro Bowl running back instead of just a really intriguing youngster, was how he developed as a three down back, and that included his pass catching ability. So I'm excited to see that aspect of Jacob's games. There were signs of it in Oakland and in Las Vegas, but it wasn't a big It was almost more like it was a an auxiliary part of their offense. Yeah, Whereas for Green Bay, as we've seen with Aaron Jones and to some extent aj Dillon. I mean, that's a core principle there that that Green Bay is going to take advantage of it if they can well.
Speaker 1: And I think across the league, when you talk about using running backs out of the backfield in the passing game, it's it's a way to keep that, you know, to boost the completion percentage of the quarterback. And I don't mean that just from a statistical standpoint, but it's about the efficiency of the offense. You know, you go back twenty years ago, if a quarterback completed sixty percent of his passes, I was considered pretty good. Well, now the benchmark is more like sixty six sixty seven, pushing seventy percent because of the way the game is played now, and part of that is using running backs out of the backfield in the passing game where the completion percentage is higher. You try to get the guy the ball in space and you know, let him go to work. And it's a big part of a lot of teams offenses across the league. So definitely curious to see what the Packers end up doing with Jacobs there as I shifted gears a while ago to the offense, I said two things. I think the second thing that we're all going to be watching is where is first round pick Jordan Morgan lining up. The word was he will be starting things at left tackle, but there's all the all the talk about how he's certainly capable of playing guard, and we may not really find out that much about where things are with this during OTAs, but we're certainly going to be watching as to where he's lining up and where he currently is on the depth chart at this stage of the off season.
Speaker 2: There is one thing that I'm going to be able to draw from when you and I walk out there and I look at the team periods, I look at just some of the offensive line drills. The number one thing I'm gonna look at is whoever the starting five is, that first five or whatever you want to call him. That says a lot about those five players. Yep, Because this year, more than any other, and last year was tight too, there was a reason why the Packers didn't draft any offensive lineman. They had a bevy of them, but this year, with the draft capital that they invested in the position, the amount of veterans that they had coming back. If you're in that five, I think that says a lot about you as a player. You know, Elton Jenkins will be there, you know, obviously, Josh Myers and Zach tom The list goes on and on in terms of who the core guys are gonna be, probably for this offensive line. But Rashid Walker put together such a solid resume last year. I thought Sean Ryan, what he did to rebuild his body, the dedication he showed to learning that guard position, it speaks volumes that he was able to work himself into the lineup by the end of last season and show, hey, I'm a third round pick. There's a lot of potential here. I got something for people to look at. I'm excited about that aspect of it. To get back to your original question, Jordan Morgan, this is where it all gets put to the test, right Because he talked about being a left tackle. We all wrote about him being a left tackle. Where do you put him from day one? Yeah, the Packers haven't been in this position in a long time. You were here in twenty ten covering the Packers. I was not. I couldn't tell you how they allotted Brian Blaga what his plan was, or Derek Sharrod for that matter. A lot of times in my era of covering Packers football, it's been all right, well, we really like David, We're going to give him a opportunity to compete at right tackle with Don Barclay. And then something happens with Brian Bloga, and then Bachtiari's at left tackle. Same thing with j C. Tretder. He was going to be the center, then he gets hurt. Next thing, you know, Corey Lindsley's the guy. Yeah, there's so many different butterfly effects to this thing, but overall, I think the exciting thing for Packer fans is Packers had a pressing need on the offensive line given all of their departures this offseason, and I feel like they did a good job in helping restock those reserves.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's it's a completely different as far as going back to the last time the Packers drafted an offensive lineman in the first round, and you're talking about Derek Shrod twenty eleven, Brian Beloga in twenty ten. It's a completely different situation right now because when you go back to twenty ten, you had and Brian belogas brought in as a first round draft pick from Iowa. You had two established veteran tackles in Chad Clifton and Mark Tauscher. Now, as that season went along, Mark Tauscher ended up blowing out his knee. Brian Beloga takes over and up being the starting right tackle in the Super Bowl. And at the time he was the youngest player in terms of years, months and days on you know, on the calendar to start the to start a Super Bowl, So you never know how these things are going to uh are going to sort themselves out, of course, and UH and the other thing that quite frankly, right now, we don't know how it's going to sort itself out, and we don't know how much of a look we're going to get at this over the next few weeks with just being out at the practice field one day a week. But the Packers have three kickers here, Wes yea. There's there's Andres Carlson, the incumbent six around draft pick from Auburn last year. We all know about his his ups and downs. There's the veteran Greg Joseph, who has been kicking for the last few years with the Minnesota Vikings. The Vikings decided to move on, the Packers swooped in and signed him and figured, this is this is a this is an established veteran player that we can have compete with Carlson. And then there's an undrafted prospect in Jack put Lesni who is also here. I don't know if if the Packers are going to use OTAs and the mini camp in June to whittle this kicker competition from three down to two. I suspect that that might be how this goes, because I've never been around a team that had three kickers in training camp before. But we've also only been around rich Pasacia for a couple of years, so who knows how exactly he wants to go about this, and this is going to be his show to run in terms of the kicking competition. But if we get a chance to see these guys kick live, you know, have a field goal period while the bedia is out there, we'll certainly have our eyes peel.
Speaker 2: Well, if you think about it, Mike, this is I actually think it's a pretty savvy move on the Packers part, because if there's any position that you can actually I mean, I guess you could do a punter two. But if there's any position where you could legitimately have a competition in OTA's in mini camp, it is kickers. Oh yeah, I mean the Packers run their special teams periods. We may see it today, we may not. We'll see how they do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah they But yeah, the open as it is. As I was talking about before, with what we might see or might not see, there will definitely be field goal kicking periods as part of this competition during OTAs. The question is will they have those on the day that the days that the media is out there or were those beyond the days that are where the practices are closed. We don't control that, and and we just have to rely on what we get a chance to see.
Speaker 2: But I think it will be interesting to see. You know, Greg Joseph, as Rich Pisacci talked about, this is actually really I mean, he's he's you know, from South Africa, Johannesburg kicked it, you know, in Florida, grew up there. But he's been a minute since he's been playing in outdoors. He's been in domes for for a while now. Yeah, you look, I mean obviously had that time in Cleveland, I think probably five or six years ago, but then you look at it from you know, andres Carlson's perspective. Bisacci talked about him coming back stronger and seeing where he's at now in the second year. And I commend the Packers for given Jack pazzle Lesni pud Lesnie p Lesnie boy, the guy with the hod quits. Last thing. He really needs to get the pronunciations down, doesn'ty. I give the Packers credit for letting him have an opportunity because he was signed as a street free agent at the end of the season, we're seen as the initial competition. And then if I remember correctly, well maybe Dillard would qualify as an unrestricted free agent. I can't remember if he was in that window or not, but I'll put to that point, Joseph was really the only UDFA that they had signed or UFA that they signed. So giving Jack still an opportunity to be part of this thing and show what he can do. A lot of times, Mike, we saw it with Ryan Longwell, you know, we see it with these kickers over time and time again. They just need that opportunity. Justin Tucker was an undrafted free agent twelve years ago, believe it or not. So, I mean, isn't that guys just need a shot?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, you know there's always the discussion about, well do you spend a draft pick on a kicker? And you know, in every team, situation is different and it can depend on how many draft picks you have in a given year and all that. But the guy who is who is currently the best kicker in the NFL and is probably going to go down as the greatest one of all time, wasn't even drafted and he's still going strong. That's the way this thing door and an outdoor, an outdoor kicker who you know, though it's not Green Bay or Chicago, but he certainly played in his share of some tough weather game and I.
Speaker 2: Would consider I would I would offer an evidence. I think he's proven he has the strongest leg in NFL history, at least with the degree actors.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what he's done and the way he's reinvented the position. I mean, like when they did that seventy yarder, they tried where he did like the hop, hop, skip and a jump to try to kick it.
Speaker 1: Well, he made the one. Uh, he made the one sixty six yard or with that little hop you know in the timing of the run up where I think that was when he hit the I think that was when he hit the crossbar in Detroit and it went over like for sixty six yards for a game winneror something like that.
Speaker 2: Anyway, But I mean, that's but that's the weird thing about this sport is you have to the only way to know is to give these guys opportunities. There's a reason why the guys that end up playing fifteen years at long snapper end up coming from Stony Brook or Delaware or Old Dominion or something like that. It's just it's a difficult position to be able to isolate on and to mention that too. That's one other thing. Rick Livado's back, excuse me, not Rick Lovado. Matt Orzick is back. Ricklevado is still in Philadelphia. Yeah, matt Orzick is back. And then they added you know, Peter Bowden from Wisconsin into that competition as well.
Speaker 1: So yeah, a lot of special stuff. Right. Another another specialist competition that'll be going on, and that's one that you could see going certainly going all the way through training season.
Speaker 2: It went last year, I believe would be our hatcher pretty much down with the stretch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so a little bit of sponsor business here. West Sirius XMNFL Radio delivers hard hitting analysis and up to the minute NFL news that true football fanatics need twenty four to seven, three sixty five. And at Cousin Subs, we have something for everyone like our Wisconsin cheese curds, mac and cheese, golden fries, and creamy shakes, all paired with your favorite sub or sub and a bowl Cousin Subs fifty plus years of better All right, before we go, want to give my partner and crime here a shout out for another great story on packers dot com. If you haven't checked it out yet, please do so. Wes wrote a really interesting, compelling piece on Packer's third round draft pick, Marshawn Lloyd, the running back out of usc You talk to some of his old high school coaches, you talk to his mom. The interview with his mom sounds like based on the comments that were in the story, the interview with his mom sounded pretty special. And yeah, if you want to, you want to learn about everything that Marshawn Lloyd has gone through to get to this point and to h and to try to make the most of his opportunity as a as a professional football player. Be sure to check out Wes's story. It's on the website.
Speaker 2: Now. The thing that's cool about this job, I wish we could do it more, but it's just there's too many players and not enough time. But it is neat when you can dig your teeth into a player, a person's back story. Yeah, and in understanding, Okay, you see the person in the uniform, you see him with the helmet on, you see him in their locker. What led to them getting to this point? And when you look at Marshawn Lloyd born in two thousand and one, Michael, this thing is you and I were getting up there now. But you know his mom, Nashan, I mean, who was incredible for the interview, provided so much incredible anecdotes in history and photos and did everything to bring life to the story. You know, she drove, she made the decision. You know they where they were in Middletown, Delaware. They didn't have a lot of exposure. They were on travel teams. They understood how that game works out there. You got to find a high school that's going to get you some looks. So what she did is she enrolled them at Damatha down in Hyattsville, Maryland. So every morning two hours they would drive down to Maryland and then drive two hours back at night so that he could have that opportunity to go to school there play for their football team. Ended up becoming a five star recruit. There's so much more that goes into his story, the bonds that he forged. I mean, over time, you know, he was able to At times he would stay with his coaches, he would stay with his friends, you know, things to help her schedule out a little bit. But at all times, the thing I thought was the coolest was she made that decision. He wanted to stay home, he wanted to play with his friends. She made a decision, I'm gonna do this for you because this is what's gonna be the best interest in your future. When the time comes and you're a big if you get to a college situation, you can make that decision. She let him make that decision. There was an acl injury, there was a transfer involved in that, but ultimately a little over a few weeks ago last month, that entire family in Delaware altogether heard his name get called by the Green Bay Packers an emotional, emotional time for them, and now he has an opportunity here in Green Bay that he's been honestly working his entire life for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's a brief it's a brief snapshot too in in sort of how things increasingly work these days with regard to you know, young kids and what you can be talking about football or basketball or other sports. But you and I both covered at the Green Bay Presca's that you and I both covered high school sports for a number years. I did it at the Wallsaw Daily Herald as well. And the way things work in high school sports these days is just so different. You mentioned, you know, his mom enrolling him at Damatha big you know, powerhouse football program, well known and everything. Well, he had to he had to catch some eyes at Damatha to get that opportunity. It's not like his mom could just walk up to the football coach and say, hey, I got a I got a kid here. He's a pretty good running back. I think he should be on your team. I mean, you know, these these kids have to have to, you know, show something to get the opportunities they're looking for. When they're twelve and thirteen years old in order to you know, get to the places that you know, where they're going to have the larger exposure. Now, it doesn't work that way for everybody. We've seen plenty of plenty of high school athletes in the state of Wisconsin. I mean one from from nearby Kiwani here, Tanner Bordolini. You know Kiwani High School, big star, went, played for the Badgers, got drafted, you know, the whole thing. It still works that way as well, but increasingly you hear more and more stories about guys like Marshawn Lloyd and what they did to to sort of, you know, come out of the shadows and come out of the woodwork, so to speak, to get some attention because otherwise they didn't really know if anybody was ever going to find them or be able to look at them. And and credit to Marshawn's mom for having the dedication that she had, I mean essentially a four hour commute, two hours each way every day to get her son to that high school and to be involved in that program, to get the exposure, and ultimately he chooses South Carolina, finishes his college career at USC again. Another part of the changing landscape of that level of athletics these days. But but yeah, it was just it was really it was really interesting just to just to read about the whole journey kind of through, like you know, from the junior high years and then all the way through and and and as you said, it's not like he had some smooth road in college either. He tore in ACL. He's you know, trying to work his way back and get playing time, and then he's looking for maybe a better opportunity than South Carolina. He goes, you know, goes to USC and then lo and behold, he's on the same team as a childhood friend and competitor in Caleb Williams, who ends up the number one overall picking them.
Speaker 2: And I think one part of the story I tried to illustrate too. I mean, it was a minor upset that he picked South Carolina. He went to play for will must champ at South Carolina. I really liked the coaches.
Speaker 1: Really like, yeah, it was his mom thought it was going to be Georgia.
Speaker 2: He had offers to Ohio State, he had offered a Texas, he had offers basically everywhere he could. It was the pick of the litter. In terms of where he wanted to play, but he likes South Carolina and his mom let him make that choice. Unfortunately, so he gets hurt. In August of twenty twenty, South Carolina ends up only having two wins. Will must Champ is fired after seven games, and there were some changes there and he was looking for that opportunity, not necessarily to be the premiere back. You understand, you got to share these roles. In most cases, you're not just going to get three hundred touches, and I think in a lot of time now people don't even want that many touches because of what it can put on a young running back's body. But he found an opportunity with USC and credit to Nashwan as well as mom, she signs off on it. She takes the five and a half hour across country flights, goes to every single game that he plays with the Trojans, gets her schedule to work. Zoom is a remarkable tool with the field that she's in to be able to still do her job. He has two extremely loving older sisters that understood what had to be done. They both went to school locally. One of them, Devinay, is actually two years older than him. She was going to school right in town while he was going to school in Maryland. She was two years older. Like, everybody had to make a sacrifice. And that's why I kind of when I pubbed the story the first time, I think we're gonna be doing more of it on Wednesday. The quote I use from Nashan was, Marshawn played the games, and everybody understood Marshan played the games, but everybody made sacrifices for him to get there. And if I can just close with this really quickly, his nephew, his sister Shenise's son, come On, is like his biggest fan. He's six years old. They bought him a little Packers hat right after he got drafted. He's an Eagles fan Philadelphia. They're all were away from Philadelphia or whatever. He's an Eagles fan. Okay, still likes Eagles, but now he's a Packers fan because that's where his uncle is playing. And he wears that thing everywhere. Doesn't matter what the wardrobe is, he can be wearing blue, orange whatever. He has that green Packers hat on because it means that much to him and he looks up to his uncle that much. So it's a cool deal man, and I hope it works out for him. And certainly when you listen to Daniel Jeremiah, the hype that is behind him, the opportunity that people feel like he has in Green Bay, especially working with Josh Jacobs and AJ Dillon, whom he's already kind of formed a friendship with. I think it's gonna be a really good opportunity for him to not only realize a dream, but now fulfill his true potential. Yeah.
Speaker 1: An intriguing young man and one that we're excited to see just where his pro career goes from here and now that he's now that he's here, and he certainly has an opportunity. Yes, the Packers signed a new number one running, but after that, there are a lot of things to sort out here, and I think opportunity is available for Marshawn Lloyd.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And you think it seems like yesterday, Man, it's seven years ago now. But Aaron Jones comes in and I will tell that story one hundred times. He's a healthy scratch in week one, it's not one of the three active for game day, and then he ends up being the third all time rusher in team history. You never know when you're gonna need a running back. The Packers found somebody I think that compliments Jacobs and dealing really well. And now you hope, like Brian Goodcunz always talks about, you build that competition. You hope that grows the room.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Absolutely, Well with that, we'll call it a rap on this edition of Packers Unscripted. Be sure to follow all of our coverage of OTAs this week. We'll have it all for you on packers dot com and we'll discuss our observations. What we see, what we hear from Tuesday's practice will be on Thursday's show. So for Wes, I am Mike, thank you for tuning in. Everybody, We will see you next time.