Speaker 1: Nikki Glazer Pokaser.
Speaker 2: Here's Nicky. Hello here, I am welcome to the show. It's Nicky Glazer Podcast. Right before we started, a crazy video of Emily from Noah's like archives of like video to play just started playing. Gen z m of of you crying at the movie. What was the movie that you were crying about? Mild ass. Yeah, definitely recommend seeing that, but that just randomly came up. Sean O'Connor is here, Brian Frangie is here, Noah's here. We're in Los Angeles, California. What is that? What were you used to?
Speaker 3: We're in Los Angeles? I mean, this is it?
Speaker 1: This is this?
Speaker 3: The city is thriving.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's California, dream man. It is is the city thriving?
Speaker 3: You get know, it just suffered like one of the hugest tragedies of its history, and it's following the industry is imploding. Uh Yeah, being in LA is one of the worst places to be, I think in the.
Speaker 2: World other than kV No.
Speaker 1: This is honestly, even with everything going to ship, La is still a city.
Speaker 3: Well, you guys been to a lot of cities lately. Said we have Ontario.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, Victoria, Canada was like the like, I want to just tell all the besties straight up, Victoria, British Columbia is one of the most beautiful cities ever.
Speaker 1: Everyone should move there and ruin it perfect. It's like, honestly, it was so quaint and lovely that like their busker was like an old man playing the bagpipes. Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, it was really really like beautiful. They have Christmas like a Christmas light kind of outline on every building, but it's not Christmas lights. There's space to part enough that it doesn't give Christmas, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like is it white lights or colored lights?
Speaker 2: White light? Every city should do that.
Speaker 3: That's like winter.
Speaker 2: Why isn't every city doing this city does it? It's so cute. It makes everything like pop. It like just looks it's giving it just it was like I was so mad at America for not stealing that, and I think we should Harbor Town. It was like an it's on an island.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like right off the coast of Vancouver. It's so lovely. Oh my god, we should feel it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we need it. It is The Canadians do not have a sense of humor about us. Possibly stealing them. And I didn't know the gravity of the situation before I went there, and then I researched it, and I'm like, oh, this isn't They're mad. They should be.
Speaker 3: They're boycotting American goods good.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, they they have every right to.
Speaker 2: I would be few I come to my show if I were them. I'm like shocked they still.
Speaker 3: See you're American good.
Speaker 2: I'm an American good. Most isn't the American mediocre? That is true? Like, I am like, wait, are they gonna still show these shows?
Speaker 3: You pay taxes in America, so therefore part of the money that they paid to see your show is going to is going to Trump?
Speaker 2: No, no, doage.
Speaker 1: Listen. Nikki is a standout. She has no allegiance to the American government. She is not corn. Like corn go to the show.
Speaker 2: I'm not Jack Daniels. What else are they like not eating?
Speaker 3: There was something else syrup Canadian syrup, great lombirds. That Trump wants to cut down all of our national forests so that we can compete with the lack of lumber. That we're gonna not no longer get from here.
Speaker 1: We have more Josh Gadds than any other country.
Speaker 2: I will say that I love performing in Canada because you can say things on stage politically that you can't say here because your audience is split here no matter. I mean for me, at least, they're split. And I appreciate that.
Speaker 3: That's amazing.
Speaker 2: It's crazy, and so whenever I do say something, those who know know and those who don't know just go along with it because they can't really tell what I'm doing exactly.
Speaker 3: I would say, but you might be one of the only, like in the top you're in, like the top twenty comedians in the world. You might be the only one that did it with that type of swath, Like who has a direct like the people who.
Speaker 2: Are along I bet has Taylor Tomlinson probably has no.
Speaker 3: No, they're definitely. I think they're all Yeah, they're all left.
Speaker 2: I don't think so. Taylor Thomlinson is.
Speaker 3: Not Taylor Thomlinson.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: I think that she's split down the middle because.
Speaker 1: She started in like the Christian.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, Nate, I think even though you would think he has a lot from the right, I think a lot from the I think I think comedy actually is pretty down down there, and I don't think it's that its hard to do because I'm not like trying to do that. I just don't want to know in the audience who voted for him, because I don't want to like feel sad about the country, Like I just don't want to focus on it. So that's why I kind of steer away from that stuff. But up in Canada, when you even say his because I have a joke that says his name, but it isn't like it would in America. It never indicates to me what side people are on. I don't really care, and I don't even want to hear from the left side, by the way, I don't want people like Trump. I don't want that either. I just want to say his name and have it be a joke and not have to like have incite a riot that's used to Even though this weekend it like really like it distracted me, like the second you said his name, like in it was Portland, Maine. Those people that's a quiet, quaint fishing village. They are there's an anger simmering in Portland, Maine. And I love you guys, but they're you all dress like hippies. You all dress like you're doing that, like you know in where you connect to the wires between trees and you balance on them, like and you play frisbee and hacky sack and you listen to like Dar Williams. But you you're mad about.
Speaker 3: From they've been discarded. They're the second Portland even though they were the first.
Speaker 2: They do not have a sense of humor, And you were right you because we were writing roast jokes about Portland Maine and Brian's headline at the top was, hey, by the way, Portland main does not have a sense of humor about himself. And I called them out on it on the second show because I was like, hey, by the way, we all know you don't have a sense. That's why, like these aren't even as hard as they should be. Yeah, I'm going light on you guys, so just just open your minds a little bit and know that you are all pussies.
Speaker 1: They were very interesting in what they went along with, like, yes, denigrating them at all, being like, you guys are the like the second most popular Portland. They're pissed off, yeah, but being like you all have du.
Speaker 2: Yeah they love celebrating their alcoholism. But I will say I loved those crowds and they just I would be a little bit angry too. I feel like Maine feels forgotten, like like no one everyone makes it almost feels like Canada up there. Yeah, it does, Like I feel like we have forgotten Maine even though it's a beautiful state and Portland, Maine really is like a very cute town. It's like it's a older because when we were in Victoria, it was beautiful, like abnormally beautiful, so it was it's kind of like Victoria there's like a harbor and yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah absolutely, Like to me, like Portland, main felt like the city and Jaws without the shark, Like there was like nothing to actually worry about. So it was like just people like bice cling and like walking in seven degree weather and they're like, weird that you look cold? Yea yeah yeah, Like I saw a guy in shorts like outside of the dispensary and I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, what are you doing? Yes, it was we don't know if people were dressing as fishermen because they're fishermen or ironically was like the vibe there's but when you're in Canada. Back to what I was saying, Oh, by the way, jen z m is here. I forgot to say that, and I'm sorry that I didn't repeat it. But and she was there with us this weekend as well. But but in Canada you can say, if you want to go scream about Trump on stage, they'll have it, and you can go buck wild for a little bit and no one's gonna walk out, no one's gonna get offended, no one's gonna film.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize the free like I knew that they would be. I didn't know. I kind of indulged in it a couple of times because it just felt like like you know when you when your mom leaves and you can scream into a pillow and be like like you know some it just felt like your a.
Speaker 3: Comedian in two thousand and six.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean it felt free.
Speaker 1: It was. It was magical like when you were talking about it, the pops that you were getting were like Martin Lawrence hosting.
Speaker 2: Deaf Jab explosive.
Speaker 1: Honestly, It's like it was like you were talking about funky drawers and.
Speaker 2: I didn't I didn't basket it too long, but I was just like, Okay, I'm gonna enjoy this while I can. This is like it was like the feeling of what I took my shirt off on a Bert Kreischer tour and I was like, this was fun to do for a second and I felt free, and I was like, oh, this is a different feeling on stage.
Speaker 1: But it was.
Speaker 2: It was really nice to just let her rip of that. And I had no idea that you could. I mean, I guess I don't know what I was thinking. Of course you can, but they are. They are very upset.
Speaker 1: The most magical thing in the world though, was like cause you were you did that and then like people were like whoa, And then you had a joke about how Justin Trudeau was hot and everyone food him.
Speaker 2: My god, we had no idea they hate Justin Trudeau as they hate Trump.
Speaker 3: It's coming back, though, because Canadian nationalism is on the rise because of Trump, and so now Trudeau is a little bit more popular than probably even.
Speaker 2: The Booze. If you were performing in Vermont about Trump like it was in saying Trump is hot in Vermont, like it was, I had to change the joke. It was a good joke, but I was like, I can't do that. So we go backstage and I go, guys, what they hate Trudeau? Like what's going on? We kind of all didn't understand. We knew he was leaving, you know, he resigned, but like we didn't know he was like I didn't know he was like pushed into resignation by the country. And I opened this article that was like why do Canadians hate justin Truda? And it was like it was like you coming from America, it was like reading about a boyfriend who like sometimes like I don't know, like farts in bed, and you're like leaving him and I'm in a relationship where I'm getting beat every night and throw downstairs and like he's calling me a dumb whore and like you know what I mean. Like it was like the reasons were like the blackface incident was the biggest one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, where did you make fun of him for that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, But it was like I said, like he's hot. You think I care about blackface? I'm surry, Like I made a joke like that, which is obviously I do care about black face, please. That was his biggest crime to them. And also like one time he went on vacation during a national holiday that's supposed to holiday. It was a holiday to celebrate you know, uh, indigenous peoples who the land had been taken from, and he was on he like went surfing that day or something, which, yes, that doesn't look good. But like in the scheme of things.
Speaker 3: Dad Cruz went to cancuon when his city was out of electricity, and Karen Bath went to Ghana when the city burned.
Speaker 2: Screamed at them the next set, I go, you don't like trueau give me. I just read an article. I read every single reason you don't get to.
Speaker 1: You know where I come from.
Speaker 2: I was like this on the streets. Now they really liked it. They got like, I was like, how terary. Yeah, it was like the same sho kind of incident. You know where we look back. We're like, oh they got mad at he wore a beige suit and.
Speaker 1: They were like they turned their nose up because he like shook a guy who might have been in Nazi's hand.
Speaker 2: Parliament and he didn't know. It was like he didn't didn't know the guy was announce.
Speaker 1: And then like like Nikki's joke was like it was like and our secretary of Defense is a.
Speaker 2: It's it's it was wild, but uh, we had a we had a fun time on the road. This weekend. So I was flying to Hartford on Friday. I'm in the lounge, the American Airlines lounge at Saint Louis Airport, which I didn't know existed.
Speaker 1: Until till miss Friday, even though I fly out of not At airport literally twice a.
Speaker 2: Week or whatever, because I think I just get there just in time to make my flight because I know it and timing so well that I don't I'm not like hanging out, but I went to the lounge. I'm like, oh, cool lounge here, and so I'm sitting there. I forgot what was like doing on my phone, but then I just get a text from my mom that's like, Nikki, I just want to let you know that we let Goldie out this morning to go pee before she ate, and she never came back. And she's been gone for about forty five minutes, and and we don't know where she went. And we're going up to We're gonna go, you know, drive around the neighborhood now and look for her. And I was just like, oh, you know, she's been gone forty five minutes. Like I wasn't like panicked. Yeah, And also I can't be because there's nothing I can do. I don't know what that is in me that like doesn't get fucked up about stuff that's an emergency, yeah, when I can't do anything. But I think it's a logical part of my brain that more people should adopt that you shouldn't start crying and shaking and panicking when there's literally nothing that that's going to do. Like when you're on a plane, doing this isn't going to make the plane be better. It might help you, but you know what I mean, Like anything you think is like I think in the moment, I feel a little callous because I was kind of just like okay, and then I just went back to my podcast, like I literally and then I was even like, why are you going back to the podcast? Why are you going back to watching reels? And I'm thinking about the dog. Obviously I'm trying to distract myself.
Speaker 3: It's a good survival instinct in a crisis, you know, But at some point, whether you like it or not, those emotions will need to be pro ketch up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I'm not letting them catch up with me until my dog is dead, like I refused in this. So this led to a so eight in the morning and she wasn't found until I think it was probably nine thirty at night Saint Louis times nighttime. Yeah, so it went it was thirteen and a half hours that she was missing. Whoa, yeah, which is so long. So I went through all the emotions, like I fly on the go on the plane and I'm like, they'll find her within an hour, like the first it was almost like the first forty eight, like you're.
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, oh, she's probably just like on the other side.
Speaker 2: Of the fence totally, and or like maybe she's just down in this creek. That's like. But like she just got out of a hole in the fence that my dad repaired the day before because my dog Luigi was getting out because they always find a way out. Yeah, they could dig under and so the Luigi and Marian just came back right to the door to like ready to eat, and Mary or and Goldie is just abandoned, which Chris and I are like.
Speaker 3: What the fuck they got out?
Speaker 2: Also, no, they just came back to eat because they go out to pete and then they come back in to eat, So it's like a two minute thing.
Speaker 3: Goldie is too young, she wants to run.
Speaker 1: They were just being they were like bullying her and she had to run away.
Speaker 2: Like I am, I can't even I'm so mad at them for letting her just not come back and not being like, hey, come back, even though I don't even know that's how dogs communicate. But my dad went to go brush his teeth, let the dogs out, and came back minutes later. Goldie's not there, So then you know, the panic ensues, and so I go on the plane and I sleep a little bit on the plane, but I have dreams about her. And then I wake up and I'm checking my phone and my and Chris's number are on her collar, and everyone's telling me start calling the shell like we land, she's still not found, Start calling the shelters, ask if they got reported if someone found a dog and turned it in. I'm like, but wouldn't they call me? Like the numbers on her fucking caller?
Speaker 3: Like.
Speaker 2: People have a lot of ideas, like I know it's being helpful, but Anya's like, you need to post it on your story, and I'm like, okay, no, because all that is is going to make people go, oh my god, I'm so sorry your dog's misa, Like, oh my god, flooded hundreds of people. Oh my god, that's so scary. Let us know when she's found, so much panic about everyone else who's seen her on my story. I don't need to like have that coming at me and the good it would do. Like I'm trying to measure it. I'm like, am I putting my like not ego of like my dog's lost? I don't really care. Your dog is not like a like, I'm not a bad person. My parents aren't bad dog owners. This could happen to literally anyone they had a fence to you. Yeah, and I'm not I don't even care about that because I know that I did nothing wrong, so I would come out hard. Yeah, and the people I trusted are good. They they are dog owners for years and years when they raised you. Yeah, and look away. I got away as soon as I could. But I'm thriving once I get away. So I thought Goldie, yeah, might really become a famous comedian. But she so I would. But I was just like, because I'm just like, post it on your story, and I'm like me, is me not posting this on my story gonna make her not found? But like I go, I said, Tony, I think I said, I think point zero zero zero zero zero zero one percent of my followers live within a two mile radius of where she's missing, and the fact the chance that they're gonna She's like, well, you could get the word out it, Honestly I don't. It would not have helped to me is.
Speaker 3: Going to fly to Saint It's just like creating.
Speaker 2: Alarm that doesn't need to be done when and then on top I go and when she's found, I have to report it to everyone. There's gonna be a flood of dms being like we're so glad she's found, which is all very lovely, and people just mean, well, I would do the same thing if one of my friends posted that their dog was missing, Like, I understand why people do that. I just didn't want the attention. But even then, like Anya, I guess posted the the my parents posted on Facebook, like on a local Facebook, which makes more sense, yes, because I don't have a local Facebook. And then Anya took that and posted it on her Facebook. And so I was getting messages from Anya's fans being like I heard that Goaldie's missing. I'm like, this is annoying. You're in New Jersey. Yeah, and no, offense to that person who messaged me. I wasn't annoyed at you, like you found out, but I was annoyed, like this doesn't help anything. And I but I think people just like need to like do everything they can. But sometimes I think everything you can is not the best method. And so I just want to defend that because I feel like I seem to be a little bit like maybe do that. But I had Emily make posters immediately because we were driving to Hartford from Boston. We landed Boston, Emily made a missing poster. We sent it to Kinko's, my mom printed up. They put it around the neighborhood. Taylor McGraw from the podcast drove because she watches Goldie sometimes when my parents can't. Drove to my parents' neighborhood and went looking for her all day long with my parents and put up posters and talking to neighborhood kids. And she was like, she's gonna get found. Someone spotted her around. She was spotted at like five pm or something, and so we knew she was still live, like within a quarter mile of our house. And so I was like kind of feeling like chill about it. Chris was one hundred percent sure a coyote got her, because a coyote was spotted.
Speaker 3: On the next door.
Speaker 2: No, he was here and not feeling good. He was already sick and like he would have flown right away to go find her. He was like at a fly out the next morning with like a terminal illness. He seems like he.
Speaker 3: Literally the second time that that happened to him, what that he was sick and had to have He couldn't fly somewhere because of it, because it didn't that happen of her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's getting sick, alive, giving or something.
Speaker 1: He's working himself ragged, ragged.
Speaker 2: He wouldn't let me say that, but he works too hard and his immune system is suffering, and so he was gonna fly out. And because yeah, coyote was spotted on the next door, app like in the radius of the like the yard. But then we didn't hear any barking, like the dogs all would have been barking. Goldie has this thing where she if she if we go to a dog park that it has no dogs in it, she will freeze. She can't even like walk in it because she smells big dogs. So she can smell big dogs and she can't. She will I'll know when a big dog is near because she just freezes and starts shaking because like they can smell him. So if she would smell the coyote, yeah, she was just frozen somewhere in a field. Yeah, and so she I just knew that the dogs were not gonna like be chill if a kyok.
Speaker 3: Glean from this for for anybody, is that when someone's having a tragedy or a crisis or something like that, you don't do what you.
Speaker 1: Want to do.
Speaker 3: You ask them what can I do for you? And you do what they say. If they say, you know what, it would be nice if you just left me alone, or if they say I could really use food or whatever.
Speaker 2: But my friends were panicking like it was their own dog, which I really appreciate. Right, They all were like crying and praying. They don't even pray. Sara Lena made her husband pray and she was He said he was. She said he was very confused, Like everyone on the Girl's chat was like that. It was so sweet how they almost cared more than I did because I wasn't really letting it in because I was like I was, I cared I did everything I did to find her, but I'm like, I think she's just gonna Based on all the stories people were telling me about dogs that had gone missing all day, Emily had a story the dog finds its way back. You get the word out in the neighborhood. That's like a cat, but it had a collar on, it's micro chipped, Like, yeah, if it ends up somewhere, someone's gonna call me. So the fact that no one called me was meant no one had she was not in someone's possession, or if she was, they had stole her and I was never gonna see her again and someone just has her now, which okay, you know, like even I played that out, and I'm like, if someone wants a dog that bad, they're not gonna beat it, Like at least you'll have a good life. Maybe either a psychopath, but maybe they'll sell to someone who like likes like, like you know, if a child gets kidnapped, their fate is not good, Like it's not often that they're kidnapping a child so they can give it a great home. True, and so it's I was like kind of hopeful that maybe if she Like in my mind, I'm like if she gets stolen. When she disappears without a trace, I'll hope that someone stole her, or if it's coyote, I hope it was a fast death. And at least she provided food to a starving animal that's been displaced because of construction. I was like rationalizing everything, and I was talking to Chris on the phone, like we had really like good eight months with her, and you know this is a mistake.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I want to whoa.
Speaker 2: And I just bought a fucking house for his dog. So I literally went under contract the day before for a house that I'm literally only getting so I can have a yard. Do I have a dog because my dog doesn't like to go out in the neighborhood. I live in a long walk.
Speaker 3: From the apartment hall to the.
Speaker 2: Quarter of a mile.
Speaker 1: Well, here's the thing, Like a quarterback, even dogs, they don't change is hard.
Speaker 2: So like she was just acting.
Speaker 3: This is a protest. This is a runaway from home.
Speaker 2: Situation she has. She's getting cold feet about the house as well.
Speaker 1: Yes, all of her memories are so tied up in your apartment.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, do you remember when Lady Gaga's dog walker right here in Hollywood was shot, yes, yeah.
Speaker 2: And then to all the celebrities whose dogs have gone missing that I've heard about through the years and I have felt for I feel for you so much harder, and to all the like now I know what it's like to like think that something you love has been taken like very quickly, like listen. I have empathy for people who lose their dogs to sickness or like you know, and when it's fast or like you know, when it's like you know, I have friends that their eighteen year old dog just died or nineteen year old dog, and it's kind of like that's like when someone loses a grandma, Like you're sad for that person, but it's like we see this coming, like you're on borrow time, like let's all wrap our heads around it. But when your dog is stolen or just disappears, or like I don't want a kid now at all, like Chris and I decided, like one percent the pain we suffered this weekend for those thirteen hours literally not worth. Like I imagine the pain I felt is what you feel if you're out of town and your kid has an earache. Yeah, do you know what I mean? Like a kid is like so much more than a dog. So I'm like trying to even like like put it like if your kid is suffering in any way and you can't be there for it, Like I I just don't want that. Yeah, So all day I'm stressed out. I the second I get alone because Emily and I drive to Hartford, the second I get alone in my hotel, I like squeeze out a couple tears. But I'm also like I don't want to cry because that means I've accepted what that's what you call that. I literally was just like trying to cry because all my friends are like tearing up about it. My mom can't stop crying, Chris is crying, like everyone seems to be really emotional, and it's like she's my dog, and I'm not emotion. It's like because I just, of course I was. I was a fucking wreck. I think I lost like five fistfuls of hair because of the stress of like dress, denial, denial, I was I can't read that stage, and I was just and I also was like an acceptance. I was like, she's gone, Yes, she died. I'm gonna get on with my life. It's gonna be hard to get a new dog. I'm not going to anytime soon. I already told, like I wrote to the girls chat like, don't anyone buy me a painting of my dog? Don't get anything with my dog's picture on it. I don't want to see it. Like I almost was like, but I didn't put that out there because I thought that was like I wrote it, and then I raised it because I said, oh, that's that means that I think says she's definitely gone. But if she would have been gone, I would have said, do not. I don't want anything with her face on it. I don't want to be reminded of her, like I was already preparing for that. But then so I cried a little bit, but I couldn't really get anything out. So I called Chris to cry, because when you talk to someone about something usually it like comes out yeah, and he didn't pick up, so I was just like, what the lock? So I just went and worked out. I'm like, am I allowed to work out with my dog is missing? Like I don't know what else to do. And then we went to the show and I had the first show, and honestly, when I was on stage, I literally forgot about.
Speaker 3: Well, that's the beauty of the stage.
Speaker 2: I couldn't believe that thought.
Speaker 3: All your problems go away for a short time.
Speaker 2: First show in Hartford, had a great time on stage, Yeah, walked off stage immediately felt the pain and the stress again. But like you know, you keep things light. I'm kind of joking about it because I just don't want to let it in. And then the second show it's now dark in Saint Louis and I'm like, yeah, yeah, like when it got six o'clock, it's coyote time, it's the witching hour. Yeah yeah, And when it gets dark, I was just like, well she in my mind, I'm like, well, she was on an island for five days before I got her. Like she's a survivor. This was less than a year ago. She was out in the woods by herself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's not gonna die. She's just gonna work hard.
Speaker 2: She knows what she Yeah, okay, whole friend story. When I get back from break and we're back, so then go start the second show. And right before the second show, I think I was backstage with you guys, like if.
Speaker 5: I said to you, it was like wait, like how cool would it be if like we found her mid show, like would you want me to run on stage and say something?
Speaker 1: I was like ugh, and you're like yeah, wow do you responded it so quickly being like yeah. But it also felt like you're like that's never going down, like yeah, right, please walk out, sae.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it really was that five. You're so right because when it was like it was night. It was now nine o'clock at night and there I was like, it's done, Like it's been three hours of darkness. She's just hunkered down for the night. I pictured her and like she carved out a little like you know, hole in a hollow tree or something, and it's just like scared and shaking and waiting because she hadn't eaten since the day before. It like five o'clock when she eats, you know, Like I was like, she's gone for over twenty four hours without eating. Hopefully she got into some trash or something and found something to eat that day.
Speaker 3: Water even, oh my god, she needs to be checked for what.
Speaker 2: I didn't even think about water.
Speaker 3: She should probably take her to the vet to be checked for worms because she might have drank.
Speaker 1: By the way, absolutely, when you get away, like she was eating trash, she was like drinking up my god.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm doing my podcast and Brian just had a really good point that Goldie could have eaten from puddles during the day she was gone, and so we should have her checked for worms period. Okay, good to know, we'll do that this week. Thank you for that. I just dictated a text, by the way, So then I'm on stage in Hartford and I do a joke about Goldie being you you bring it up?
Speaker 1: Bring it up?
Speaker 2: Was she found at that point?
Speaker 1: No, literally, you say it on stage.
Speaker 3: That's not this scratching the asshole Joe.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: I was talking about I go, my dog is missing, and I said, she's been missing all day. This is really helping me, like distract me from it. But the only good thing about having a missing dog as opposed to like a missing kid, is I know that no one's trying to fuck my dog because that is true. Like great, It was like some kind of relief that you know dog because if you're dog, yeah, that's true. And then Sean shoke was and if someone is, I don't want her back.
Speaker 4: Her.
Speaker 2: So I said that joke and everyone kind of laughed, but I was like, she really is missing. It sucks so much, but you know, thanks for coming out, and this actually does distract me. It's gonna be okay, everything will be fine. And then a minute later, I just hear commotion on the side of the stage and I like look over and Emily's like they found her. They found her, like so adorable, and I'm like what what? And then I like looked at my phone. I was like, it was the best feeling I've ever felt in my entire life, Like I I will never feel I hope I never feel a feeling that good again, because it the only way to feel it is to be so discouraged, so sad. I know that I will hopefully, I know I'll feel the other feeling again. Scary shit happens in life. But like to have a loss that you've kind of accepted ninety percent in your heart, that it's like happened, and to have that relieved is like and that she's safe was just I can't even It's like transcends orgasm. Like it was the best feeling. Yeah, And then I had to like go back to my act, and that actually was hard to do it. It's harder to do my act on the tail of on the end of being that happy than it was when I was scared and sad.
Speaker 1: That to me was the most magical part. Is you going back to your act because you were so elated, Like honestly, there was like that took over. You threw your arms up, you were jumping up a down a child and right pedophile. It was just so funny. You have to go.
Speaker 2: Actually that's where I was. I'm telling that joke a minute before. It really got me into my pedophile song. That's so funny. Yeah, Like I didn't because that I am very uncomfortable like being too like emotional on stage, Like I know, like people like that a lot, and I just think that people overact when they're trying to like celebrate and get attention. I just don't want anyone to ever think I'm doing.
Speaker 1: That, I know. That's what it felt. So weird of finding out a minute later where I'm like this now feels like I said.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what it would have been, Like I could see any other comic being like making just such a meal of it and like my dog's missing and like trying to like get sympathy for it. Like I don't want any sympathy for my dog missing. I really didn't. It's not it's it could happen to anyone. I'm not special because of it. Like yeah, like my friends can give me up, my friends can have sympathy, but like the audience, like using that as a tactic for the audience to be on your side or like also I'd be like, fuck, I bought tickets to this show and now the performers are all like sad and shit. I didn't want to put that on them, so I didn't And I didn't like indulge in that.
Speaker 3: I'm not in the net.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like imagine doing the net all about your miss like yeah, I got the rest of the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I couldn't do that to people, and like, you know, it would feel like I was hijacking the show with like this is about like it's always about me. But at least I have jokes, you know. So then when it was really happy, I also was like I don't want to be too much in this either, because they don't care. They were they only knew about my missing dog for thirty seconds. They're not like in this moment as much. But then I looked back at the video, I was like I should have stayed in a little bit more and let let them celebrate, because I like instantly was like, oh, like I did a joke immediately where I was like, oh, no, I can't get sympathy laughs anymore because I was making jokes about how you guys have to laugh at that my dog's been you don't know my dog show, And so I immediately made a joke after I was happy and I was like, oh, that's like not watching it. Later on, I was like, you should like be a little bit more in the like, let people have a moment with you, Like you don't need to rob them of that because you think that you're being manipulative when you're really not. You're like trying not to be manipulative, so then you all are almost Yeah, they were also thrilled there. But I just like, I just don't know why I project the audience member like I because I don't think that way. I would if I was watching Kelsey Ballerini and her dog was missing and then there was found, I would be so excited to be like, let's celebrate this moment and give it a beat. But I always just think my audience member is like, oh, everything has to be about you. Doesn't it, Oh, Nikki, were you said you win? And when well, my mom died of cancer last month. Like I just thought of the audience member being like you're said about your little missing dog for thirteen hours, like my you.
Speaker 3: Know whatever, Like is that like the voice in your head?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I think it's the voice. It's just like I do just don't want anyone to think that. I think I'm kuh and I think that sometimes people use like this thing happened to me to be like to get attention, and I just don't. I want attention through comedy. I don't want attention through things that like my birthday sings that I don't I don't have control of them.
Speaker 1: But I think I think I think most in this world are they're like, they're very like they are. They're so basic And where the cynical people who are like they don't want this, but they really do. Yeah, they want a happy ending so.
Speaker 2: Much they want to. I need to. Like I learned a lesson both as an artist that night, as a like, I don't know what I learned as like a human. I think I would have probably handled her disappearance the same way today if it happened based on what I did that day, like everything was I felt right about. But I think as an artist, I would have like leaned into a little bit more and had it be like a more celebratory moment and like like because why not. But there would have been in my mind the whole time someone being like it's a dog bitch. Yeah, Like I just you know, I always thinking about Patrise O'Neil's joke about like white women kissing their dogs or like there's something like they just get in there, and like how it's just like so white and privileged of me to be like my little doggie who I rescued is gone, and I just like you don't have a right to be sad where I sometimes see like like Elizabeth Smart, I'd be milking that the rest of my life. If I survived something that horrific where I was in the woods, stolen from my house and raped every day for like months and months in the woods and no one could find me, I wouldn't be like I don't really want to talk about this. I'd be like, no, you all have to listen to my struggle because nothing, nothing you've been through.
Speaker 1: Is what I've been through.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can tour with that for like twenty years. Yeah, if I go like if my if my parents die someday, I might have jokes about it. But unless it's like a thing that not everyone eventually has to go through, which is losing our parents, which you know, hopefully that's the way it happens, and it's not the other way, Like I you know, there are people in that audience who probably lost their children to like, you know, like and how dare I get up there and be like I dog like I just why do I do that?
Speaker 1: Because people are But you have to realize that everyone in that audience is just there to have a nice time and they want to feel happy.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's true.
Speaker 1: And like, honestly, if you bought tickets.
Speaker 2: To you to make my I make my fans a bit and I'm sorry to why not of judgmental bitches, But they're not.
Speaker 1: No, they want to see you in all the ways, just like if Elizabeth Marth was touring with her One Woman show.
Speaker 3: Intents, It's like when a politician posts something online like about like there's been a lot of crime and we've decreased the crime rate in our in our state this year. Very proud of the police officers. And then someone comments like you did this whole speech with that once mentioning dark four. Yeah, like this has nothing to do with Darfur.
Speaker 1: We talked about darfour for so long, and that I haven't heard darfour.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, yeah, exactly you but you're so right. Everything comes back. If you read any comments, you will eventually see someone bringing that up of like, oh so you care about this and not this, and it's like, yeah, it's a different thing. That's the person I planted someone.
Speaker 1: That's how I view everyone in the world. But it's like, truly, the most miserable person online, right, who is never paid to go out into don't.
Speaker 3: Doesn't even have to be a tragedy. It'd be like today's International Women's Day. Congratulations to International Women's Day. You don't even mention dark four. It's like, this is not even a tragedy we're talking about for.
Speaker 2: It's a cute dog name though.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So anyway, she was found, how do they find her?
Speaker 3: Foun she just they find her part where they found her.
Speaker 2: My parents were watching Bill maher my mom is just like play poor parents. They were watching They were yeah, that's what they do, and that's why she went missing, because they care too much about.
Speaker 3: New rule to keep her in the house.
Speaker 2: The new rule I gotta I just sent them today like a little like like, uh, blow up kind of pillow you put around her head so she can't sneak through fences when she goes out, and I put an air tag around her neck.
Speaker 1: That's what Goldie deserves, though, like she should be shunned.
Speaker 2: A little bit that has a doughnut print on it. For some reason, there was only one on Amazon twenty two bucks arriving tomorrow, Mom. But uh no, they were just watching Bill Maher tenth nine thirty at night. And because I see it like in the video where my dad is like talking to Goldie, I see Bill mar Froze on TV. But yeah, they were watching watching Bill Maar. And then they have like that there's like an outdoor door to a deck that's like on a second story that you have to like climb up these stairs to get the deck. And Goldie came back through the hole in the fence from which she came or maybe they left the gate open, I don't know what, and she came back in and came up through the back door where she would have originally gone to go get foo food her own.
Speaker 1: She scratched at the door, at the door, Hakeem Jeffreys, Oh.
Speaker 2: My god, that's so funny. I don't know where Bilmar is going to be this weekend, what casino, So she just scratched at the door like I'm ready to eat.
Speaker 3: She had like a firm Bullie journey or whatever that movie is.
Speaker 2: No one, That's what I know is no one caught her all day because she would be with us, like she just was on her own all day having an adventure. I think, you know, she probably chased something once she got out of the fence, got too far away, lost the scent, and then all day was I think she just lost and was like probably went through modes of like having fun and sniffing to like being really scared, and then eventually just got little whiffs of sense of the neighborhood and got back. Because there's no other reason she Because I was talking to Anya and she's like she just was out all day, and I was like, no, she would not have stayed like she was hungry. She wanted to get back. There's no way she would have been out longer than ten minutes. Ever, she's never gone that long. She definitely lost the scent and then she picked it up again.
Speaker 3: She's smart.
Speaker 2: She always knows, like a mile away from my parents' house, she like knows she could smell the air and like knows we're getting close. So she's she's smart and she found her way back. But god, damn it, every dog.
Speaker 3: I feel like every dog has one adventure like that in their life. Yeah, ever out Jack got Jack was. I was in New York on Long Island with Jack in the backyard. And my backyard Long Island doesn't have a fence. It has a fence around the back, but not on the side, so you can easily just walk out or walk in. And Jack never runs away, you know, Jack, he's just kind of like but he was younger at the time, and he caught the scent of a squirrel and he started chasing it. And yeah, he wasn't gone for that long, but it was a little adventure where he just was in the neighborhood probably like an hour that's long. Yeah, where he was like he was out and I was like it took me like ten minutes to realize, like, wait where is he? And then yeah, we got on.
Speaker 2: Bikes and then you found it about cause we knew.
Speaker 3: Like he couldn't be that far away based on the amount of time he's been missing, but he was pretty far.
Speaker 2: Had stories about this where their dog goes missing and it was eight hours, it was nine hours. There was one that was like three days. So I was like, not completely hopeless. I really was like, oh, this is going to be one of those. But yeah, they just she came back with a pierced belly button. She got a while she's pregnant. Sean sheeplessly asked in the green room is a Goldie spade or whatever? And I was like yeah. He was like, good, you're right, and they're not. They come back if that dog got pregnant. She's too widow to be pregnant. All right, So do we go to break or do we You can if you want to, can we do it? And then we come back. Sure, big announcement when we get back. We'll be right back with this. All right, I'm back. So Bessie's I have an announcement and oh my god.
Speaker 3: What I mean, It's just this is like your dog goes missing suddenly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Bessie's, you're about to lose your dog, and I really hate to do this to you. There's no easy way to say this, so I just will say it. This is the last episode of the Nicki Glazer podcast, and that is a real set. It is true, the podcast is ending. I am so sorry to tell you this way. I know. I'm just gonna let it sink in. I know that there's just no easy way to tell people when something is over. I could have told two weeks ago, but then you would have been sad then, and then you would have just been sad for two weeks. I think. I think as a listener, I would be like, why did she wait till the last episode to tell us? That's really shitty? But I think ultimately the episodes that follow an announcement that it's the last episode are not great. Yeah, there's a vibe that would be different. And so I and just know that this was the way it had to happen, both from what I wanted to do and other forces. So this is how it's happening. And I'm really sorry if it hurts you to hear that, And let's just talk about why. I think you probably already know. My life is gotten a lot more insane. It has been for a couple of years now, but it is just into a different realm at this point of just demand and time consuming. And and it's not like I don't enjoy this podcast. It's not like I don't look forward to it, because all those things are still true. I just don't have the energy to uh, I'm I want to. I want to have the energy to love it every time I do it, and that's starting to wane for me. It's not at that point yet, but I could see with the like what I've got going on the rest of the year, it would have started to be taxing. And I don't want to give you a product that I'm showing up. And I don't want to make you the first show Hartford Crowd where I'm getting through some sort of pain to deliver a product. I don't want that from my artists, and I don't think you would want that either. And I am very sad about it, because this obviously is very special to me. I've been doing it for four years, and even before that. I have fans from the last podcast I Did You Up. I have fans for probably even the not safe podcasts who have been listening to me podcasts and even before then, let's go to the one I did with Anya. I forget the name, but even before what was it? Nothing? I know nothing, Yes, thank you. And then before that you had to be there. Like I've been podcasting for over ten years. I've only taken a couple years break I think in that time, and I will again at some point in the future. But I need to have this break, and I will miss it because it is you already know this, besties, Like I talk on this podcast in a way that I don't talk anywhere else in my life. I think you probably see me on things here and there. You come to see my stand up and you go, oh, that's like the nikky we know from the podcast. But it's not a place that I can can't be this way and this open and this kind of free and loose anywhere else in my life. And I've really appreciated having that outlet. It's meant so much to me. I will miss it so freaking much. You don't even understand. I'm already like thinking of things I wanted to tell you this week, and I'm like, well, I can't fit it in because this is the good bye episode. There's going to be times where I'm like, damn it, I wish I could tell the besties that because but the good news is is that because of this, I'm going to be forced to inject that kind of person I am on this podcast that you love so much, because you might not be a fan of my other outlets of entertainment. You might be someone who goes I like her podcasts, I don't like her stand up, I like her on I like her podcasts. I don't like her on these shows or the roast that's not her. I understand that because this is a different version of me that is more authentic, more less less manicured, literally and I uh and I understand wanting and missing that, and I'll miss it in myself. So what I'm saying to you is that because of the void of this, you will start to see that vibe of me injected into the other things I do because I will have to put them out there because I will I will miss putting it out here. So that means more tiktoks that are more like this kind of vibe, just more in my stand up that's this kind of vibe. I just know that the Nikki that you know in this podcast that you're gonna miss will show up in other places, And I understand if you don't want to support those places yet, and you're going to be like, you know what, if she's not doing the podcast, I don't want to support her is totally your prerogative, and you can wait till I maybe podcasts to get in the future when I have the time and the energy for it. This isn't an iHeart thing. I have loved being at iHeart. They let me be who I want. They have never given me a single note, almost to the detriment of them, to be honest with you, they should have. They have let me be myself. They have given me everything that I've ever wanted for this podcast. They have let They've never forced guests on me. They have never forced me to do any kind of like marketing or campaign or anything like well, a lot of podcasts networks do like It's It's. I have been so lucky to be with them. Anytime any comedian asked me like, should I do a podcast with iHeart, I'm like, one hundred percent yes. I don't even talk to them. They only deal with Noah and know has has loved her relationship with them, like they just they let me be me and that has been such a gift. And so I've gotten just to have on my friends that I love and you've gotten to know through me. Like That's the one thing I won't miss about the podcast is people asking me if they can be a guest on the show and me having to explain that I only have on my friends and then they go, but I'm your friend, and I go, I think we should. You should reassess that the same thing. That's the one thing that's I was trying to think of, like what lone I miss about the podcast And that's the only thing is people being like, hey, I've got to promote this thing. Can I be on the podcast? And me having to ask Noah, like how do I tell this person, like I only have on my parents and my comedian friends, who I like am most comfortable around because this is a comedian friend. Like that's the only thing I'll I won't miss. It has never felt like a burden. It's always been fun and I just have to I just have to move on for now because I need to focus on the other things that are just in such demand in my life. And I hope you understand, and I hope you can kind of see it through your own life of like things you've had to let go that you love because you just can't fit it anymore, you know, Like you love going to yoga, you love meditating, you love going to therapy, Like things that are good for your soul that you like, they fall by the wayside when life gets busy. That's what's happening right now. Like this podcast is like, uh, just it's it's felt like something that has been extra that I get to do that is so fun. It's never felt like work, but now it unfortunately, I have to say goodbye to it, this version of it for the foreseeable future. And I'm I'm trying not to be tried about it. I'm trying to be matter of fact and like tell you the facts. And I'm sorry that I'm feeling I'm seemingly emotionless. I don't know if you just noticed earlier on the show, but I don't like to be emotional about things that are actually very painful. So I'm not letting in like the pain that I'm feeling around this. But just I promise you I am, I am just as sad as you are, and I know that I'm in control of this and it's it's this is my choice to stop the podcast, but I promise you it's gonna make my life a lot, like uh, you know, this is work, and it's going to free me up to be mentally better for the people in my life. And I hope that you want that for me. And I promise you you're gonna find another podcast. There is another podcast out there for you. I'm not trying to be like it's not you, it's me, and like there's a better girl out there for you. There's maybe not, but there are other people doing podcasts that are just as honest, just as loose, just as silly as mine. Go to podcasts on Reddit and ask put out a post and say here's what I like in a podcast, and people will recommend once to you. I can't off the top of my head, like you know, I listened to last cultur Aesis. I would really steer you towards that because it is like a plus banter and chat chit chat and like honesty.
Speaker 6: Well, we call our listeners besties because they're are best friends and we started this podcast being best friends. And one of the things that make us best friends is that we support each other. And when you see your friend thriving, like you want her or him to just get the most out of it.
Speaker 2: And I know that's gonna be the overall vibe. I know some people are gonna be upset and really mad at me. And that's fine too, because that's this happens with best friends. But like I would like to also say, that's such a good reminder, Noah, Like, like best friends, you can move to a different city. This is like a best friend leaving your city. You're still gonna see me in other ways, Like we're still gonna keep in touch. I'm not disappearing. It's gonna be, but it's not gonna be as frequent, right, And so that is and it's sad and it sucks. But my husband got a job in another town and I have to move. Well, it's you have got the job.
Speaker 6: You have such an exciting year ahead and there's so many things that are coming down the pike that when people see them happen.
Speaker 2: Your girlfriends get jobs themselves and they don't just follow it. If I'm talking about your best friend in the late eighties, Yeah, that's the only reason you would lose her is that her husband got a job in marketing and DC so but yeah, but here's the other thing, is like you just pick back where you left off as soon as it becomes possible to be best friends to get me so like, I obviously will come back. I would bet everything on it that I will re enter the podcast game at some point I would love to do with iHeart iHeart listen up like the throw your hat in the ring when that's time to do that. You know I love you. I don't have any plans that I'm not thinking about another podcast. I'm not thinking about when it is like I am going to be single for a while and be someone who doesn't have a podcast. It might be a long while, might be I don't know, but I when I'm ready to do that again, I hope you jump back on board. If you don't, I understand if you found someone else. Just know that I will really really miss you guys, and that it doesn't have to end, Like you could still come to my shows. You can still. A girl gave me a note on stage this weekend. I wouldn't recommend that because we're about to amp up security and so rushing the stage at the end of the show might get you in trouble, but if you give it to the merch booth, they will deliver it to me, right, okay. And then also we're going to keep the Nikki guys are Pod Instagram open. I'll still post things on that when I think of you, guys and remember things, and you can still DM me. I mean a lot of you are already slipped in my dms you. There's ways to stay in touch, and I feel all the love and I hope that our friendship doesn't have to end with this. I really just want you to look at this like your best friend is moving out of the country and that she's still alive. But you, guys, your friendship isn't going to be as tight and as frequent anymore. But that doesn't mean that the connection is still there, right yeah, yeah, And I don't want to add that. I'll be fine. Sean and Brian are on Nicky's writers. They're still going to be collaborating, and then you'll have Emily on the road with you forever and they'll be so fun. And this was a decision like you, I would understand, like if I was a listener and I'm like, Oh, she's gotten new people in her life recently, and like maybe this is their influence or something, if you know, like if you've been listening for the past few like year or whatever, Like all the people that have been added to my life, Brian, Sean, Emily, Taylor, Chris, like all these people that have become major stays in my life, Like they're all like the best people. Ever, this isn't a decision that was like inspired by any of them or has taken me away from something like this is literally coming from me. And I want to write movies, I want to make TV shows. I can't do that when I have other stuff going on and I need I'm clearing space in my life, not just with the podcast, but with a lot of other things to try other types of things in my life. So Brian, me and Sean and Emily are all going to be producing stuff to go other Noah is going to obviously stay in my life. On girls Chat, we have a friendship. Oh you is not.
Speaker 6: Even friendship's number one based on what'd you say. Our friendship is number one, Like I totally forgot that. We have to like even make that clear to the pain of our friendship. Is starting December third.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that like that's the that's the great part is like I think when you leave a job, you leave behind so many people that you worked with and saw every day. But like, my relationship with Noah's not going to change really at all. Like the podcast was just something we did in addition to our friendship, you know what I mean. So, and Noah's going to be fine. She is an incredible producer and you will be able to find her work elsewhere, and we'll let you know about that when we can, I guess via our socials Noah. Yeah, well people know where to find Okay, cool and anything you guys would like to add. I'm sorry I just monologized for I.
Speaker 3: Can't believe that you did that whole announcement that once mentioning darfour yes really upseting. I do want to say thank you. I mean I came in midstream on this podcast. I wasn't a not safe podcast, so I guess to some people I was familiar, but to a great eighty five percent of them, I was a stranger. And you know, maybe some people hated me at the beginning and then came around to those people.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I appreciate being like embraced by the besties. I got so much, so many nice messages over the last two years from besties saying you know, nice things about me or even just like helping me out when I'm searching for a mattress or getting my gallbladder removed or whatever the fuck I was dealing with. And yeah, this is a great, incredible group of fans. Yeah, and such nice people. And I was just I'm just so happy that.
Speaker 2: We're special, right, Like, there's incredible.
Speaker 3: Group of fans.
Speaker 2: It's different. I want to give you guys credit for that, because you're just probably one fan in a and you don't understand like the group that you're in, or maybe you have met them at shows or in subreddits or whatever. But like you're all just like different than all my other fans. I know, I've always told you that. But you just you know me better than some Like I mean, best friends outside this room don't know me as well as you guys know me. Like if you listen to the podcast, you are a ride or die like I will always love you, like I will always love you for loving me when I've been at my worst on this podcast, when I've come in in bad moods and depressed, and I could. I was always allowed to be myself. I never feared the backlash from you guys. You don't know how freeing that is as an artist. I do not take it for granted. Did I get right? Usually? I say granted because I tried to do the opposite of the what you know, I really don't like. I hope you stay with me. I hope you follow me wherever I go next. I hope you support the other things I do. But it's okay if you don't like I, I I'll be okay. But and you have every reason to be so upset and so like disappointed, like let that in. But like I was thinking about this, and I was like, god, I don't want to disappoint them. Like it was just like how do I say this? Like do I really do this? Like I just don't want people to be mad at me, especially not besties who have like the best hearts, And why would I be giving up on this whole group of this fan base that has been so supportive through thick and thin, and and it's like I just was like, you know what, my favorite things have all ended at some point and I've had to get used to Seinfeld being in my life in a different way than the show Seinfeld. And I've had to watch media in the cars, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Or I've had to friends ended, and that was devastating, like deep ended, like things that have mattered succession, like you guys have worked through me, like White Lotus this season. I am so obsessed with White Lotus in a way that I know besties are obsessed with this podcast, like I'm wrapped up and it's going to things end. Everything ends, And that's not me being you know, being flippant about it. But just know that I've been through this before with things that I love, and so I'm commiserating with you, and I understand and even the way I feel about this podcast is different than the way you feel about it, and so I understand what a loss this is to some of you, and I'm understand also understand that some of you are like, this is the first episode I've listened to chill out this.
Speaker 3: I would say most people probably have not heard every single episode of this podcast or half of all of your podcasts, And like a lot of the episodes are evergreen. It's not like you have to know, it's not like topical stuff about Barack Obama or something. You can go back, you can go back and listen. And I think we'd be remiss to not mention Andrew here and how important pactful he was for the first two and a half years of the podcast.
Speaker 2: He'll be here right now. But he moved to New York.
Speaker 3: So yeah, he moved to New York.
Speaker 1: Got to be the only one who's not fine. He's also moved.
Speaker 3: He's also moved on to a new chapter in his life. I wonder could you call him?
Speaker 1: Could he?
Speaker 2: I would love to. The thing is, yeah, Andrew I wanted on here, but he just moved to New York. Yeah, the way you guys handled and leaving the show and then Brian taking his place, and that really was extraordinary because that was a rough part of the show for me as well, Like that all came out that was not what I wanted, and Brian was what I wanted ultimately when there was a space from but Andrew leaving that wasn't anything anyone wanted and it was uncomfortable. And so we've been through some shit on this show and you guys like rolled with it and you accepted me, and I just really appreciate you so much, and you've allowed You've like seen me through a crazy change in my life, and you've loved everyone that I've introduced you to. You love my parents, you love my boyfriend, you love my friends, you love Taylor, you love my sister, you love my brother in law like it's you love my dogs. I really appreciate the love. It feels like family. And I'm gonna really misconnecting with you all. Twice a week. We're gonna get Andrew on the phone, and I just I want you to know I love you a lot, and it doesn't have to change. You can still comment on myself. I'll read it sometimes, Andrew, I'll text them. Will you text you up? Thank you so much? Emily. Yeah so that. But yeah, I I'm so sorry to tell you this way. I but I'm this is a Glazer exit. You guys know I don't like goodbyes. I worked on it with my therapist. She said that when I left her, I had to go to three sessions before I left her. But I think that was just a way to get me to like, to convince me to stay. Yeah, but she was like, you don't like goodbyes, you say them very quick and then you leave. I don't who does Like why do people like to revel in? Like I don't like this? Like I'm already getting like emotional talking about too much. It's embarrassing to cry. Oh Andrew's calling back. Yes, Andrew, Yo, Hey, it's the last podcast. I just told the besties it's the last one. I broke the news. We're talking about the show or reminiscing about the good times. And uh, and obviously you were a huge part of the show and even continue to be in the end, and I just wanted to know if you had anything to say to the besties.
Speaker 4: What show.
Speaker 2: Las Boy Island three?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was happy to have you on and be part of it. You're an up and comer. I saw something in you that no.
Speaker 3: One saw, you know, anywhere, and.
Speaker 4: I was like, you know what, this person needs this and it is a pleasure. It was honestly the best year and eight months of my life.
Speaker 3: I really did enjoy it.
Speaker 4: And uh, I mean, well maybe that was a little far, but I really didn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the last couple of months of that year and eight months wasn't we were we were headed for divorce. But now we're good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, now we're good. I mean it can only go up from those last two months. No, it really was incredible and uh the best these were great and we really I just remember every once in a while, we'll be like, it's Wednesday, folks, you know what that means or whatever?
Speaker 1: You know, just like the little terms that we came up with.
Speaker 4: Yep, and it felt like a like a piece in time that doesn't even feel real because it was like COVID.
Speaker 2: And yeah, you moved to Saint Louis to start the podcast with me. We started in the Cayman Islands. Yeah, but we started the show when we were filming F Boy one and we couldn't even talk about F Boy one. We were in the Cayman Islands. Isn't that where we started the show. We did the show everywhere. We did the show in Europe. We did the show in Kaba, we did the show in Uh where were we doing F Boy three? Lovers and Liars up in Malibu. We've done this. I've done the show from so many different hotels. But you moved to Saint Louis to start the podcast, and you lived there and met your wife there because of this podcast. Wow, I don't want me to take credit, but you're welcome.
Speaker 4: Yes, I mean that's I think why I didn't give you a speech at my wedding because I thought that's what.
Speaker 2: You would say.
Speaker 4: No, honestly, yeah, it was. It definitely was a life shift and a career shift. And I think it, you know, being doing four shows a week with you, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it started out as four shows a week, which was insane, and I know everyone's like, why don't you just whittle it down to one one show a week? Guys, don't, let's not play that game. Don't. I've been through that already. We're not. Don't play that game with me. But yeah, it was just it was just the it was. It was so much fun and and it almost feels like I'm trying to like remember the best times, and I swear to god, it almost feels like when you're trying to remember your best times of high school or something and it's like I don't even I can't. It's like it just was like hanging out, like it was just the best hangs. And I always just felt like all the besties you were just you're always there like with us listening It's like it's a conversation that involves you even though you're not there, and so I felt, I always feel you, You're always with us, and yeah, it's this isn't this isn't that sad? I mean it is. I don't want to take away people's feelings. But do I have cancer? Okay, God, I'm so glad something. I mean, you will eventually, but you all announce, won't we all?
Speaker 4: In between two and three?
Speaker 3: I just don't have healthcare.
Speaker 2: How is New York? By the way, we just.
Speaker 4: Moved into our place and we're in the upper West side. By you notice the place called Central Park. It is I think I went five times in ten years. It really is like the best place on earth.
Speaker 3: And I never what.
Speaker 2: Are you doing there? Maybe if you're not John Lennon.
Speaker 4: John Lennon shot himself and walked by that building the other day and I was like, Brenda, there's John Lennon got shot right there? And she like, was he a drummer?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: It means a lot to a younger generation.
Speaker 2: Wait, Emily, our generation, what did John Lennon do in the Beatles? I didn't even know that that Wait? What what? I don't know who that is John Lennon.
Speaker 7: John legend is my god. Wow, I'm not you know, I'm never one to be like Emily come on this Weekend.
Speaker 2: But it was that was with what was that way? It was a comedian that I definitely George Carlin. Why would I know who that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, if you're not in comedy. I don't think my wife knew George Carlin.
Speaker 2: No, I think that was I don't think. I just go, you need to get to like I understood, But John Lennon, I don't understand why you don't know there was what it was Marie Antoinette was one where you didn't know And I go, that's I know because I grew up.
Speaker 1: With Generation.
Speaker 2: Right, that's Henry's what I think. So okay, thank you. I mean like I don't know.
Speaker 3: About Cake and I remember when Napoleon was coming to power and it was really impactful.
Speaker 2: Duh what I don't know?
Speaker 3: Okay, Uh, Jagger and the Dagger.
Speaker 2: Has a song about him.
Speaker 1: I just want to like Jack, I just want to say, it is truly wild that you don't know who John Lennon is. But like right before we started going, like we got to introduce you to Tate McCrae. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Right before the podcast, Emily was like, don't worry, Shot, We're going to do a Tate Tate McCrae deep dive very soon. That's always says to me, but I can never say to you that's true.
Speaker 1: I know a beetle, Yeah, she might be Bolkswagen Beetle.
Speaker 3: I'm open to.
Speaker 2: Hearing about it, saying for someone who doesn't know what a beatle is. We were almost thinking of it as like a like the way they even be, like she's like a legend. Yeah, you know, like she could be a Beatle. No, she can't. She literally can't. I'm in the sixties.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Paul McCartney, Yeah, okay, what was he? You play the guitar? Yeah, but he was in the Beatles. Okay, do you know the Beatles?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Can you name a song? There's a song like love in it?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I think most of yea or every song from that decade.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Vega, Yeah, there's a show called Love in Vegas. Yeah.
Speaker 1: They was running around the word love like they were. Yeah, they really love bombing the nineteen sixties.
Speaker 2: They really were. It was all they love, love, love.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know who a lot of these people are yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, well Andrew, we're gonna say goodbye, but thank you so much for.
Speaker 1: This. Here we go again.
Speaker 2: You know that I have the power to hang up party, right, So you want to say you're goodbye? Yeah? I do?
Speaker 6: You want to get?
Speaker 2: The want to get what are you going to do? And what are you going to do? What are you going to do?
Speaker 4: Legends?
Speaker 1: Wait?
Speaker 2: So what are you going to do? What are you doing in Central Park today?
Speaker 4: I already walked around the Jacqueline Kennedy Reservoir lake and I can call it a lake. People call you dumb.
Speaker 2: I learned that you're going to.
Speaker 4: Probably get said by some pigeons and uh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's starting get all the time.
Speaker 4: I go to the John Legend Museum, walk around thing about love. Okay, well, thanks for having me on, Thanks for thinking of me.
Speaker 2: Always love you buddy, all right, love you Andrew?
Speaker 1: Bye?
Speaker 2: Okay. So final thought, it's over.
Speaker 3: This is truly the final thought.
Speaker 2: This is truly final. The final thought is life will go on. Nothing really is going to change, except you're not going to have this like, uh bi weekly? Is it bi weekly?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 2: I think that's what I say. It's every two weeks. I think that's what people like.
Speaker 1: I always said bi weekly for every two weeks, but I think bi weekly.
Speaker 2: Means twice a week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, twice a week, Okay, bi weekly.
Speaker 2: This bi weekly podcast that they feed you knowledge that, yeah, you're not the only thing that's going to change is that you're not going to have this like access to me. But just know that I'm all right and that you actually we have a friendship that transcends a podcast listener relationship, especially if you've listened more that I would say five episodes. I'm like, you're in with me. I you will always if you ever see me, I'm saying, like thirty years from now, when I'm old and gray and I am you see me in an airport getting wheeled down the runway by a nice man and I'm muttering to myself and you can say, hey, I'm a bestie, and I'll spit at you because I'm having cognitive decline. But just know, somewhere deep inside me, in my subconscious I feel a deep affection for you. Know I'm serious, like saying you're a bestie to me in public if you ever see me, and like you know, at a show like sharing a certain way. They're like, I can tell it when there's a bestie. But if you ever run into me in public, just know that you you could always ask for a picture. You can always have a conversation with me. You have like you have a VIP access to my heart and my time that other fans do not have. U forever, you have that as a bestie. All you have to do is have listened to five or more episodes of the show and heard this statement. But it's true, like the rest of my life, no matter how famous I get and I have bodyguards or something crazy, like if there's a bestie, I will say, let her in, let's get over get over here. Shoot me you can now, please don't hurt me. But yeah, you guys are like my friends. There's not like a wall up that I sometimes have to put up for other fans. And I don't mean to say that that means you can you know, let's just be cool about it, you know what I mean. But like, just know that you guys are the real ones. I know you're the real ones. It will never change. That will never change, and that someday we will have this relationship again. In another way because podcasting and being this intimate with people and talking long form is what I'm about. I just have to take a break from it right now, and I don't know how long that break will be. It might be years and years and years. Just like, buckle up, though, and just know that I'll let you back in and when I am ready to. And I love you and I'm sorry that I ended it so abruptly, but I think in the end that was actually what was for the best, because I don't like to wallow in goodbyes and maybe that's something I need to work on. And you can write me and tell me that it is, but that is I'll work on it. You know, I'm an ever changing person. I don't do things perfectly, and that's what this podcast has been about more than anything, is that I have been a complete mess and you guys have still accepted me. And I don't say things that are right. I am not always eloquent. I am say dumb things that I you know, in retrospect, I'm like, I shouldn't have said that. I should take that out. I left it in And this is another one of those. So if I got if I fucked up this goodbye, just know it's like in line with everything else this podcast was about, and you should expect no less than me from me. I want to just give some thank yous to iHeart before we leave and say goodbye forever and not forever, just in this format. I want to thank Connell Byrne, Will Pearson, Carrie Lieberman at iHeart Podcast, obviously, Will Ferrell, and the Big Money Players Jack O'Brien, Thank you so much, Jack and all the comedy team at Big Money Players. You guys have been so supportive. It's been awesome being a part of that select group of amazing comedy podcasts. Those that's where you should go to supplement if you haven't already. Thank you Nathan o'towski for having us at the super Bowl, for all the marketing duties that you've done to make this podcast work.
Speaker 3: And thank you.
Speaker 2: Thank you Nathan, ad sales team, Christine Jordan, thank you so much for keeping this podcast going. And and to all the you know companies throughout the years who I've done ads for, thank you for being so cool and never giving me notes about how I do my ads. That's been really helpful. And to everyone on the video team that has made this accessible on YouTube. Mark Canton shout out, Mark, thank you for all the zooms that you stayed on with us to like set up cameras and shots and always so kind. Kelly patronis and lean and Loaf is the that's not person's name, that's a company that the video. I hope Leanne Loaf was a person's name, Lean and Loaf, And then for audio purposes to make this sound so good and to fix all of our problems that we may have had with like air conditioners running and stuff like that. I want to thank Chris the check. Chris is the check. I think that's how you say it right. And then obviously Noah, thank you so much for all of the work that you've done in this podcast behind the scenes. It's an immense amount of work producing a podcast. You've always made it seem you've never like she's the best producer that a person could ever dream of, like always never. You know, so many times I would have ads that like I should have given herder the day before, and she gets me extensions. She's never once made me feel bad about anything. She's never once communicated that on her end things are really stressful, and like she is just such a pro has always been so supportive of everything I do, always looking out for me of like, hey, maybe let's talk about this, maybe let's not talk about this, but always so gentle in presenting that She's been an amazing friend, an amazing part of the show. Let's not even forget that. And so I just want to thank you so much for all the work that you've put into it that I don't even know about, like I know it's like, and through your pregnancy, through being a new mom, through moving to Tucson, through your marriage like we've Yeah, I mean, so many life changes.
Speaker 6: But I can only do my job as good as I do because I work with such a wonderful person. And I want to thank Brian also for being so helpful in all these situations. Getting to meet Sean and Emily, and it was awesome working with Andrew and him setting me files and stuff the best he can. I just had the best time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you so much, Brian for coming into the show and like at a time where you know, like people are like what's going on and just riding with it and being such a fun like person to talk at. And you never made it about you, even though a lot of comedians would like, it's very humble with being a amazing co host in a way that you know, you've never made me feel bad about talking over you when I know I have a bazillion times and I've felt bad on my own, but you just like have always been so supportive, such a good friend, so funny. Besties love you. Everyone's falling in love with you. So thank you so much for Yeah.
Speaker 3: Thank you, thank you for having me. It was so cool that to hang out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, really was.
Speaker 3: And what an incredible time capsule in your life these last two years to have like bi weekly recaps of these moments, Like I do think this is something you'll look back on for a long time. To be able to just go back and listen to the day after the roast in like a comfortable setting, sound like you're on Good Morning America. You're here, like talking to your friends, to go back and listen to the day after the globes.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, these are going to be.
Speaker 3: Things that you look back on, like in thirty years when you're when you're dement and you're spitting on.
Speaker 2: I mean truly, like I was thinking about I went through like like breakups, getting falling in love, like having immense out of depression, immense bouts of elation, COVID, Like, there were so many things I went through on this podcast, and I whether or not I was talking explicitly about them, like I was able to like emote and get it out on the show and I felt accepted. And even when the podcast wasn't at its best because I wasn't at my best, you guys like hung in there, and maybe we lost a few of you, but like I like, I just always felt like you can come and go and like they accept me and it's just your artists are It's really rare that an artist gets this kind of platform. And that's what makes podcasting so special to me at least. Does it just feel so intimate. It's such a good friendship, and it's it's just different than like fan uh artist connection. It's it's it's it's better than that.
Speaker 3: And and yeah, final shout out is to to Anya, who was also here for so much of this and also made the theme song to the podcast.
Speaker 2: Anya's theme song is such an earworm in the like the best sense of that word. People love it so much, keep singing it and Anya, Yeah, thank thank you to Anya for being on so many episodes of the show and being such an integral part to just the fabric of this show through the years, and just is someone I can always like talk about in the besties just know instantly who I'm talking about. Girls chat. Shout out to all of them, they all listen. They've always been supportive. And and Sean, thank you for joining the show in these last few months and being such a regular and fun addition, like people just fallen in love with you as well.
Speaker 1: It's an honor.
Speaker 2: It's an honor.
Speaker 1: And I'm I'm sorry I'm not gay.
Speaker 2: People really disappointed you're not gay. And then thank you to Emily for running my shit. And also Emily is a bestie, so it was important for me to talk to her a lot these past couple of weeks when we were planning this last episode. I know it seems like it's unplanned, but this was, like I did give it a lot of thought of what I was gonna say. Whether I hit all those points, I don't know. But Emily, you know, I really talked to her about like what the besties want, and I'm grateful that it was in line with what I thought that they would want. But yeah, so you in my inner circle, you have someone representing you besties in Emily. Who's going to keep me on before yes, and he is important, yes, and who is going to keep me that same person that you know in love and is you know, is turned into my best friend who is with me all the time. And I'm in good hands, uh with a bestie. I literally have a bestie in working for me now through this podcast. Is how she even ended up working for me, right, Like.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean that's how I first knew if you was from this podcast. Amazing and here we are and I'm only gen ZM because of this like at the shows, like.
Speaker 2: And like that's pretty great. By hello, So thank you guys so much. This is just goodbye for now and I love you so much. Jackpots sports sport, don't be fine and you've been touched and wait for me because I'll be back in some way. And I love you so much. Bye, guys. The Nicki Glazer podcast is a production by Will Ferrell's Big Money Players and iHeart Podcasts, created and hosted by me Nicki Glaser, co hosted by Brian Frangie, Executive produced by Will Ferrell, Hans Sonny and noah Avior, edited, engineered by Lean and Loaf video production Mark Canton and music by on Your Marina. You can now watch full episodes of the Nicki Glazer podcast on YouTube, Follow at Nicky glazer Pod and subscribe to our channel. The Nicki Glazer podcast is a production by Will Ferrell's Big Money Players and iHeart Podcasts. Created and hosted by me Nicki Glaser, co hosted by Brian Frangie Executive produced by Will Ferrell, Hans Sonny and noah Avior edited. It engineered by Lean and Loaf Video Production, Mark Canton and music by on Your Marina. You can now watch full episodes of the Nicki Glazer podcast on YouTube, Follow at Nicky glazer Pod and subscribe to our channel.
Speaker 1: No