Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: So you never know who you're gonna meet at Milican is the moral of the story here. And this boy been playing itself out in a lot of different ways, including right now. Doctor mant in Oz just walked in the room. We waved and he came to sit down with us.
Speaker 3: Here wave drag the hook.
Speaker 2: See how I tried to make that He had no idea that what we're going to do. Well, you know, we could just we saw each other. We ran at each other and embraced. It's great to see you in Los Angeles. Your course, very very much at home here and I know that you're here as you mentioned, to see your daughter on a panel. But there's a conversation at Milkin that is right down the middle for you, and that's affordability in healthcare. It's something that we've heard a lot of executives talk about as they try to get their arms around this, and it's a solution that a lot of folks are waiting for.
Speaker 3: I know it's something that you're talking.
Speaker 2: About right now at the White House. It's this K shaped economy that we're in. This is one of the first areas where you can make a different and doing a difference.
Speaker 4: The reality of healthcare affordability is unlike other problems. Like you can't afford the eggs, you get upset. You know the car costs more and you want you get mad at the dealer usually, But when you can't afford healthcare, that destroys the basic covenant you have with America. You want a piece of the rock that means you get to be on the playing field.
Speaker 3: If you're not.
Speaker 4: Healthy, then well that's not coppening, and especially if your family's compromised. I'll give you a couple of stats just to blow your mind for folks who may not realisk how difficult it is for a lot of Americans. One in three Americans, after they see their doctor, get a prescription, go to the pharmacy, cannot fill it one and three. And part of the reason for that is we pay three times more. At least we were three times more for drugs made even in this country, bottled here.
Speaker 3: Then Europeans were paying for those exact same products.
Speaker 4: So some of the most common drugs we're using in America, like the weight loss drugs, the fertility drugs, you know, basic drugs we use for fundamental recovery of health unaffordable to many Americans.
Speaker 2: So this is why Trump our X right trump or.
Speaker 4: X dot god, which, by the way, if you haven't heard of it, please trump our X dot gov. Or you buy a medication, at least check the price that's on trump r X dot gov. Don't think of it like a discount site, although the prices are dramatically lower because they have been negotiated to be most favored dation pricing. But make sure that it's a transparency site for you. At least we demystify what drugs should cost you, and we are continuing to add drugs. We had an Oval Office event last week adding the seventeenth of the seventeen drugs to the biggest company. Of the seventeen companies that the President wanted us to add, these are the largest companies in the world, and so we're.
Speaker 3: Making huge progress there.
Speaker 4: The affordability issues also, however, touch on fraud, and part of the reason I've be spending some time in Los Angeles of late is that one in three hospices in the entire country number hospices where you go to die yes with dignity. One in three in the entire country are here in Los Angeles, not California.
Speaker 3: Los Angeles. Look around, people aren't that sick. They're not all dying on Los Angeles.
Speaker 4: When you see those kinds of variances in utilization, do you start to suspect fraud?
Speaker 3: And in fact, that's exactly what's happening.
Speaker 4: We've shut down over four hundred of these hospices in this country. When I to shut down, we spend the payments, so we're not giving him anything. And so far from the first batch, people aren't complaining, which means they sort of no.
Speaker 3: They were getting caught.
Speaker 4: And when you see this process existing with that some type of enforcement or integrity of this system reinforcing the need to be able to run it correctly, it encourages corruption. And so you see more and more doctors selling their souls, literally their licenses to be able to falsely claim people are about to die.
Speaker 3: You see, business, folks, that's that quick story.
Speaker 4: Guy made a fortune again using this hospice newpole in California, and he was building a massive.
Speaker 3: House with all his money.
Speaker 4: And the guy who's the carpenter remarked that he was in the hospice business, and the plumber overheard the conversation and said, hey, me too. Well, so literally the contractors and the person buying building the house, to everyone's in the business because it's become so easy to the fraud. The government, we're stopping that.
Speaker 1: Doctors, there's fraud, and then there's a lot of great doctors out there and a lot of great care health care providers. And I got to say, I talk with real Americans every day who are saying that the rollback in Obamacare, I mean their health care costs are going up exponentially. I mean that is problematic. I thought the whole goal was to reduce the cost of health care.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm going to push back to you for a second.
Speaker 4: So we had twenty three million people on Obamacare last year. Historically it was about twelve million people, so it's almost doubled. But most of the people that we're asking about these issues aren't quite as upset as you claim. Because the average person went from being eighty two percent subsidized, right, that's what they are now, and then how much they lose. They used to be eighty seven percent subsidized. So what happened in Obamacare is a massive push to enroll people. But if you don't ask people to even put one dollar up for Obamacare, you end up with a lot of fraudulent and rolled people. So I'll give you some numbers. All of the twenty three million people almost have never filed the claim. So let me ask you, if you have health insurance, you'd once in a while use it. If you never file the claim, you should be asking yourself, well, what happened? Why do I even have this insurance? And it turns out many people didn't even know they had coverage. Look at what the numbers right now, we went from twenty three million to twenty two million.
Speaker 3: I give it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would beg to differ, And I would also say I'm a little concerned about administration policies and how we're going to retire in America in terms of you know, Medicare and so on and so forth. Like I do worry about the Medicare.
Speaker 4: Is healthier than it's ever been because of program integrity. If you shut hospice down so they're to fraud billions of dollars out of the system, I'll give you a number that's going to make this make us very clear. It doubles the life expectancy of the Medicare.
Speaker 3: Trust Fund doubles it.
Speaker 4: So anyone out there working their tail off who thinks Medicare is going to be their formulati retire if you know it's going to last twice as long you feel good about it, and we're not doing anything. We're not touching Medicare in any way. The President has been very clear he loves in church of Medicare. It will remain exactly as you know it, but it's going to last longer because's taking the fraud out. And I think I'm going to shock you with this. The President saved Medicaid with some of these actions because we were looking at five point four trillion more dollars to be poured into basically legalized money laundering that would have bankrupted the system. So what we have done is put these programs on firm footing that they will continue to survive for the rest of our lifetime.
Speaker 3: I hope, I hope, so us. Would you come talk to us in Washington when we're back in town.
Speaker 2: I want to keep this going, of course, well, Pleasure, I hope that the panel goes well with your daughter and stop running there with the creobulate.
Speaker 1: Fuks are coming in on our hooks.
Speaker 2: We hooked them again, Carol