Speaker 1: Second Date Updated.
Speaker 2: Lately, we've been asking people on this segment to pull up their apps and have them read off the other person's dating profile just to get an idea of who they are in a different kind of way.
Speaker 3: Right, some of us just asking boring questions like who are they?
Speaker 1: Totally And I don't know if my co hosts really like that strategy or not.
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 1: I didn't ask whether you did.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying I didn't know, But I'm curious what our audience thinks. So text into seventy five nine too, tell us do you like us having them read stuff off of the dating bios? And today we have Samantha on the line. Samantha, are you cool if we did that with you? Because I know some people think of it as a little bit of an invasion of privacy. I personally call it getting the juicy.
Speaker 5: Beats, I think is the same thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're down to spill some juice on the B and J. Yeah, all right, go ahead, pull up the guy's profile and tell us what's his name? Okay, you can't do two things at once, Samantha.
Speaker 5: I okay, And what app are we on? Can I ask that?
Speaker 4: Okay, We're on hinge, I got it.
Speaker 2: Okay, Now splash some fresh squeezed Ian juice on us.
Speaker 1: Tell us what's on his profile?
Speaker 5: No, no, that's a different app.
Speaker 1: I'm just trying to get that. That's not okay. I guess read what it says.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 4: So on his bio, his interests a comedy, hip hop, and pizza.
Speaker 2: Okay, ye, he likes to laugh and he likes pizza. He's a real rebel.
Speaker 7: But at least it's not the opposite. He's like, I like not laughing in vegetables. Then it'd be more boring.
Speaker 1: That's a good way to look at what else is on there?
Speaker 4: Okay. So later his profile, there's a prompt that says I get way too excited about and he put birds birds?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 5: Is he old? Is that why he said that you.
Speaker 2: Don't need to be I am a bird watcher, and I can tell you it's a hoot.
Speaker 1: I think, yeah, Brooks laughing on the inside.
Speaker 5: Wow, what did you think of that? Did you? Did you like that he was into bird watching?
Speaker 4: I mean I like animals, So I was like, all right, I guess we can do the birds.
Speaker 1: I wonder if he's like me.
Speaker 2: He knows how to spot a woodpecker or a sap sucker bird jokes they're always good.
Speaker 5: Is that a joke?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, whatever?
Speaker 6: What else?
Speaker 3: What else?
Speaker 1: At himself?
Speaker 4: Okay, so under the worst state idea I've ever had, he wrote, getting bangs not good.
Speaker 5: I thought it was a verb and that would have been bang. They went and got haircuts together straight.
Speaker 7: The guy he likes.
Speaker 2: Well, at least he admitted that was a bad idea.
Speaker 5: Does he still have bangs in his profile picture?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, that's good.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So we starred messaging and it was just I don't know, it was like really easy and natural with him.
Speaker 5: Oh that's cool. I'll gend good pictures if you swipe to that. What did you guys end up going to do for your date?
Speaker 4: We met at a bar for some drink.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Don't think a lot of people like me there though, because they kept playing Mackelmore's shot like I'm gonna pop sometas like on the jukebox.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, okay, you know that could just be a troll. I have a friend they have Wi Fi jukeboxes now yeah yeah, down the street from a bar, and he will troll the bar and play.
Speaker 5: Like mom or like, ok it did it? She was singing it didn't sound like a troll.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I literally played it like ten times.
Speaker 1: Whoa, it's a good song though it was?
Speaker 8: It was.
Speaker 4: I mean, I love that song. Like Ian thought it was funny. He liked the song too.
Speaker 3: He thought it was funny ten times. That's literally thirty minutes of that song.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Everyone else thought it was really annoying and was staring.
Speaker 5: But I myself was this a highlight for you or a low light?
Speaker 4: It was a highlight because then he was really sweet and he was like, well, can you like blame them for staring at you when you look this good?
Speaker 7: And sometimes it's nice to have that, like us against the room.
Speaker 1: He's a little bit cheesy, like pizza.
Speaker 5: I like that, like you right now?
Speaker 1: Did anything else happen? Was there some bird watching on the state?
Speaker 4: No bird watching?
Speaker 1: See, that's why he is not coming back.
Speaker 7: Not even pigeons.
Speaker 1: He's going to be there's always an opportunity. But what else happened?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 4: I know he paid him a compliment back, and I was like, you're the only guy I'm interested in online.
Speaker 5: Oh that's a statement. How did he respond?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 4: He actually ended up kissing me while we were sitting at the bars.
Speaker 2: Like open mouth kiss or a peck.
Speaker 3: It was a passion the kiss, I'm sure was it a passionate kiss?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was a good kiss.
Speaker 1: Okay 'e so cute. This is all sounding really good. How did you guys end the evening?
Speaker 4: So it started getting late and he offered to walk me home okay, and he gave me a piggyback ride home and then again at my door, and then you.
Speaker 5: Guys made out again at your door.
Speaker 4: He said, Yeah, it was cute, but you've been texting and trying to get a second date on the books, and nothing's really been working with my schedule. And I was like, please, don't think I'm blowing you off, because I'm definitely not.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh wait, so you're worried that he thinks you're blowing him off. It's not the other way around.
Speaker 4: I mean it was like that originally, but then it went so long and it took him like such a long time to respond, and he finally said a day later, like, yeah, sorry, I don't think it's going to work.
Speaker 2: Oh after you said please, like I'm not trying to blow you off, he still was like never mind.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I'm like really confused. Why would he say that he's not answering me anymore. So that's why I reached out.
Speaker 7: To you guys for that is like the telltale sign of like I got back with my ex or I met somebody else. Really nothing wrong, there's no red flags at all. See.
Speaker 3: I think that he thinks you're trying to blow him off even though you said it, and he.
Speaker 2: Wants to get ahead of it. He wants to be like, I'm rejecting you, You're not rejecting Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think he thought that was just a pity text.
Speaker 4: Maybe.
Speaker 2: Well, let's see if he rejects us when we try and call him. No guarantee he'll answer, can't.
Speaker 7: Reject a burnex reject from bird.
Speaker 1: We're gonna do it with your second date update next hold on second date update.
Speaker 2: Except for the fifteen straight Macklemore songs, we heard maybe the best first date that we've heard on the show in a long time, and we normally don't get this where the guy piggybacks her home, kisses her on the doorstep, and then for the next few days they both try to figure out how to hang out again, and for whatever reason, they just can't and it dissolves well, and.
Speaker 5: He even says, like it's over.
Speaker 3: I'm not even gonna to pursue this anymore.
Speaker 1: After trying it for so long.
Speaker 2: And you know what, I call that the dating magic window, because there's usually about forty eight hours after your first date where you need to capitalize on that high feeling and see each other again, or the spark goes away and things just kind of fizzle out.
Speaker 7: She did say she kind of took a while at first, but then she clarified and said, Hey, I'm really sorry.
Speaker 1: I've been super busy.
Speaker 7: I wasn't trying to ghost you or anything.
Speaker 2: So maybe that's what it comes down to. Maybe things just took too long and it fizzled. Is that what you're thinking, Samantha, I have no idea.
Speaker 4: I hope it's not that because I really liked him.
Speaker 3: See I think you should hope it is that because that is easy for us to fix.
Speaker 5: You can refizzle unfizzled situation.
Speaker 1: Let's just call in now.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm ready, Okay, here we go.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hey is this Ian?
Speaker 6: It is?
Speaker 2: I just want to say, one fellow bird watcher to another, how's it going?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: I thought there was going to be like a bird the Morning to you.
Speaker 5: Okay, that was it was a Dove bird watchers association.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Also, you're on the radio with Brooke and Jeffrey right now.
Speaker 6: What.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not sure if you listen to us.
Speaker 7: But number one bird show in the country.
Speaker 2: That is a verifiable fact. And we're also a show that does something called a second date update.
Speaker 1: You ever heard of that?
Speaker 6: I'm not familiar.
Speaker 2: Well, uh, you're about to be, because you're on one now. We're trying to help out a one of our listeners named Samantha, who you went out on a date with recently.
Speaker 1: Uh is that ringing.
Speaker 6: About several weeks ago?
Speaker 2: Right? And the thing is, your date is a little bit strange compared to most of the ones that we do, because it actually sounded like a good time and then afterwards you two were trying to set up another hangout. But it sounds like maybe it took too long or Samantha was too busy and the spark may have died off.
Speaker 3: She said you guys were texting after your date and that you were trying to plan something and then suddenly you were just like, nah, I'm done.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean, that's true, but like she started sending like mixed messages, and like online dating's pretty tough as it is, so I'm not into planning games and so.
Speaker 1: Over what do you mean that she was sending mixed messages?
Speaker 9: When you meet somebody going on a date, it's cool, and like I understand like not checking your profile and like actively like just sort of focusing on one person.
Speaker 6: That's the way I am.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she said she told you that she didn't want to date anybody else, that she was going to focus on you.
Speaker 1: Oh right, and then and then right after that you kissed her.
Speaker 9: That's all true, and at the time, I like totally believed it.
Speaker 7: What happened to change?
Speaker 9: Fun Right after the date, things were good, but like we spent like a few days texting back and forth trying to figure out when to hang out again. Yeah, and like during that time, I told my friends I'd sent a couple of photos saying, like, you know, I'm going out with this two girl Samantha, like wish me luck, Okay.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so you're that excited?
Speaker 9: Yeah, And they were like they couldn't have been more excited for me. However, a couple of days later, one of my good friends texted me, Hey, what was that girl you went out with?
Speaker 1: Is this her?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 3: No, no, wait, what did they send you?
Speaker 9: What was the picture of Well, it was on a different dating app that she had matched with him and had reached out to him, not.
Speaker 6: Knowing that he's my buddy.
Speaker 9: And her profile photo on bumble is the photo of the outfit she was wearing the night we went out, in front of the bar we were at.
Speaker 5: Did you take a picture.
Speaker 3: Of her that night?
Speaker 9: It must have been before our date because she was by herself, but it was clearly the bar we were at.
Speaker 1: Oh man, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: She must have looked really good that night. She had to take that picture and posted on her Maybe she.
Speaker 5: Came back after you guys like benefit of the doubt.
Speaker 3: What if she just messaged you messaged your buddy after you had told.
Speaker 5: Her, no, I'm good, I'm gonna move on, remember, because she said it wasn't working and you guys couldn't link up on a date like she didn't say.
Speaker 2: It created a new profile picture from the night that they went out.
Speaker 3: Well, she didn't say I'm your girlfriend.
Speaker 5: She's still interested, but she said.
Speaker 2: I'm the only You're the only guy I'm interested in.
Speaker 5: Never say that to someone. Well maybe that was true in.
Speaker 9: That moment, that's totally fine, but don't say that like you're not interested, or that you're only interested in one person, like do what you want? Okay.
Speaker 2: So now you feel like you were being deceived by her, and I understand that because kind of we've been deceiving you at the same time by not telling you.
Speaker 1: Samantha's on the.
Speaker 2: Other line what she's been listening, listening because.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna you know, like I said, I don't what I told you.
Speaker 9: I'll tell her go ahead. Why would you tell somebody that all you wanted to do was date this one person and that they were the only one for you, and then that day start a new dating profile from the photo the night we were out.
Speaker 2: That's a lot, Samantha say, Hi, there you go.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, now answer his twenty questions.
Speaker 4: Well, this is really awkward.
Speaker 5: Why did you say that?
Speaker 7: Damn?
Speaker 4: I mean I really did like him and we were talking, and I don't know, I feel like when you're on those apps, you just keep your options open. But like he was the only one I was actively talking to like that and going on dates with an interest that's.
Speaker 8: Rich, and you said something it was buddy back and forth that she then matches with my buddy and then tells him it's bumbles.
Speaker 9: She had to reach out to him say that, hey, let's go out. I mean I could, like, I'll send you the screenshot of their conversation.
Speaker 1: Maybe it was.
Speaker 2: Like a button match or a butt texted that.
Speaker 1: What happens, Samantha, give you a benefit of the doubt.
Speaker 4: I mean, to be fair, I wasn't having like any serious conversation with him. It was very introductory and I was trying to keep my options open, very light. I was not going deep with anyone. I wanted to go on a second date with him.
Speaker 2: And her profile picture on hinges, the profile picture you took on the dates with those other guys.
Speaker 3: Come on, Samantha, and like I can see like she's caught up in the moment.
Speaker 5: She's really about you.
Speaker 3: She says something that maybe is at one hundred percent true, right, Samantha, But it's not like she's like outright cheating on you.
Speaker 5: Man, it wasn't a red flag for me to play. You're dating round?
Speaker 3: Ye, yes, I.
Speaker 7: Would like to match for fun.
Speaker 1: That's a good point.
Speaker 2: Especially when you're feeling a little bit down, You're feeling like you're rejected, and the second date isn't happening. You want that confidence boost with one of his close friends.
Speaker 4: Oh and I didn't know with his friend.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's not say that so bad.
Speaker 5: I didn't know. I get caught.
Speaker 3: It's what you mean by that, Samantha.
Speaker 2: Well, in the spirit of saying things that might not be one hundred percent true, would you like to go out on another date?
Speaker 9: I am not at all interested in going out.
Speaker 6: Are you serious, Samantha? Like you're great and.
Speaker 9: All, but I could never trust you. I mean literally the night we went out, you created a new profiler.
Speaker 6: In the next couple of.
Speaker 9: Days, and like, I'll never be able to trust you again. Like it's just a waste of both of our times.
Speaker 5: It wasn't a new profile, you just update did her photo?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: I mean, come on, hail Mary, what if we send you to the bird sanctuary together?
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 1: You can't say no to birds?
Speaker 6: What's the bird thing about? Why does that matter?
Speaker 1: I thought you I thought you were into birds. Bro on your profile.
Speaker 5: Do you feel deceived, Jeffrey, you're lying to me.
Speaker 1: I never want to talk to you A Jeffy.
Speaker 6: This show ever
Speaker 8: Brooking Jeffrey in the Morning