Speaker 1: Two Teas in a Pod with Teddy Mellencamp and camera je Edge.
Speaker 2: Hi, guys, welcome to another episode of Two Teas in a Pod. I wanted to thank you guys for going along on this journey with us, and I just wanted to say a special thanks to Alexia. She's been amazing. Do not worry. There will still be ipoor for four, but we wanted to really keep you guys on your toes for the end of the Real Housewives of Orange County, so we brought in my very good friend Erica Jay.
Speaker 3: Hi, thank you for having me.
Speaker 2: I kind of can't believe this is happening because this is the first time you've ever recapped one of these shows.
Speaker 3: I have no idea, No, I've never done anything like this, so I'm going to ask for some guidance if i get stuck. But You've always had big opinions. I've always had big opinions. And I also have nine years on Beverly Hills, so I understand reality TV backwards and Force and especially Housewives.
Speaker 2: And she's done her homework, y'all, because don't you worry. We have been texting. I'm like, did you watch this? Do you do this? Have you followed this And I think more than anything of a big part about why Two Teas and a Pot is so successful is because of the organic relationships that I have with my co hosts.
Speaker 3: Which is perfect because you and I were in this together a few years ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we're friends and it hasn't stopped now. Actually we're still on our group chat.
Speaker 3: Ever since you've joined the cast. We've remained friends, and I really appreciate that. I mean, obviously we got off to a rocky start, but this is what I wanted to bring up to you, and I know we're going to talk about this later, is that, like in Orange County, with these friendships, if you and I can start off rocky, bury it and really have a real friendship, Dart and I started out terrible, buried it and really have a friendship. That's what I want to get into little later with these women and the apologize, the apology, is it real? Does it mean anything? And how close are these women.
Speaker 2: And also how invested are you in these women's behavior as friends on the show. I think that something that we've seen historically throughout Orange County is that once somebody is fired or demoted or whatever, they're gone.
Speaker 3: So they don't speak to Yeah.
Speaker 2: Like so when Taramar got the boot or whatever it was, it was like she was gone. And I can say that when I got the boot, you Renna, Kyle Deuriy, you got it was like nothing switched.
Speaker 3: Nothing. Ever, Well, we're in show bizbebe we understand. You know you're here today, you're gone tomorrow and you could be back and you're still going to be our friend. You're still an important part of our lives. You're just not in the cast with us and you've gone on to do other things, which you know says a lot about you. I mean, you really have invented or created this whole lane for yourself and it's really impressive. So you may not be quote on the show, but you're still in there.
Speaker 2: Well, you're still here. That you're here with me makes me so excited. Do you feel a little bit nervous to recap Orange County?
Speaker 3: I am yes.
Speaker 2: What do you think the biggest difference just from the get is between Orange County and Beverly Hills.
Speaker 3: Well, I notice they all have a man and we're all single. So I'd say that's like the first thing that was glaring. I was like, we're a bunch of single bitches and these women have men.
Speaker 2: I mean, whether you want them or not.
Speaker 3: Well, I look and I get it because you know, I guess I kicked off the divorce streak in our group, you know myself. Well, listen, the separation streak. Yeah, okay, but there's no hope for me. I'm never going back.
Speaker 2: But would you get married again?
Speaker 3: I don't think so. I don't. I don't feel that. That's where I'm at. I have a lot of work to do and I really just want to be successful on my own. I have for the first time my own thing. Yeah, for real, for real and being a grown up, you know, Like, this isn't being twenty and married to your husband and having a child. This isn't you know, living under the shadow of Tom Girardi for twenty plus years. This is Erica out on her own doing it. It feels good, and I want to see what else I can do. Because if you're involved with a man, and certainly with a man, a powerful man, you know there's a price to pay. Well, first off, any man, nothing is free in this world. And you know, the more powerful, the more wealthy, the more.
Speaker 2: And the more you feel like you're under somebody's finger. It's horrible. The more that I feel like somebody is trying to control me.
Speaker 3: I revolt, I am, I am. My personality changes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think that we see a lot of that on Orange County. Whether it's you know, we'll get into this mid season trailer, but between Jen and Ryan, you can see a woman who is financially dependent on a man. Yeah, and then it makes you question the relationship regardless.
Speaker 3: Well, I feel for her because I know what that's like, because you're you're no longer in control, and you will do things, or you will acquiesce, or you will agree to things that perhaps maybe they may not even be big, but they get on your nurves because he's paying the bill, you know what I mean. And I feel badly for her.
Speaker 2: Do you think that she is? I think there's two different types of women, especially in Beverly Hills and Orange County. There are two. There's the type of woman that's like, I'm going to pretend that life is amazing all the time and so is my relationship and blah blah blah. Or there's the ones that are like, you know what, I'm not even pretending I'm just turning a blind eye.
Speaker 3: And okay, so I think I think it's two stages. I think when you're on television and you're new, everything is perfect and you're really selling the whole. Hey, I have a great life, a public life, a private life, like we're doing well now. I know for me, like twenty years in, you start ignoring all kinds of shit. You start ignoring the snide comments, or you start ignoring you know, the fights. You just kind of want to keep the peace. I don't know if that's turning a blind eye. I mean in some cases, sure. I mean I definitely looked the other way when I knew Tom had other women in his life, just because I didn't feel like dealing with it. I just turned inward and went to work. So and then there comes a point, like I think, when you've had enough and either you leave and you're just like it is what it is. Yeah, So I think it's like a for me, it was a graduated process. Obviously, every woman is different.
Speaker 2: And I think there are also to me, the demise of any relationship as we talk about. You know, everybody on Beverly Hills is separated or single at this point, is the point of indifference.
Speaker 3: Well in differences, truly where I was. And then there's one other level, which is contempt. And when you have contempt in a relationship, it's over. And I believe, I do believe that there was a lot of contempt in my relationship from both parties at the end.
Speaker 2: If you were to say, looking at this group of women and their relationships, is there anyone you look at and you're like, wow, you know, they seem to really have it together?
Speaker 3: Let me let me go over this. Okay, my answer here may not be correct. You know, you guys may be like Erica, how could you not see this?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: I think Terry and Heather have some Okay, I really do. I think that Terry and Heather have a solid union. I see Heather protecting the homestead and I and everything that she and Terry have built, and I see her and i'm i'm i'm I agree with it. You know, she has a family, and they all have families. I'm not saying anybody's family is better than any others. Why am I saying that? Because I often felt like my marriage was you know, pushed to the side, and it wasn't real. And there's no possible way you could love this man.
Speaker 2: And actually and to also say from the other side, like when I first met you, I remember thinking, wow, marriage is so much better than mine.
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: Yes? How because there's this weird part of you that, especially when you're on a television show and everything seems so perfect and you're so well spoken, and you're so confident.
Speaker 3: That's really sweet, and you're all of those things.
Speaker 2: That you're like, Wow, I'm really must be lacking in mine because I don't have this control or I don't have this confidence or I don't Teddy.
Speaker 3: That blows me away. You really felt that.
Speaker 2: Yes, Why do you think that it was so easy for me to like cry or break down if you said something because I had this level of respect for you, Oh my god. But I also had this level of like, really, am I not enough? It's my life not enough? Teddy?
Speaker 3: I always thought that you had it more together than any of us. You were out here working out, you were an accountability coach, the kids were squared away. You and Edwin were fabulous. I am really shocked to hear you say that I have no idea and you know what, look, I was holding up the walls of a marriage. That was, you know, sliding, and he was sliding. So I can't believe you think that, Yeah, that's really interesting.
Speaker 2: But I think that's what you know for our listeners everything. That's why we always say you're only as good as this week's episode or whatever situation is, because you really believe things in the moment, and then you see confessionals or you see things happen and it really gets a little wild. We start out with the mid season trailer E did their exclusive. It starts out with Shannon and John Jansen come face to face as he shows up to a party with Alexis, which my first comment is, like, I thought John Jansen wasn't fucking filming.
Speaker 3: Is it was that the agreement or that was said or like, what was the deal there? Who said that he wasn't filming?
Speaker 2: Supposedly he's never wanted to be on camera. He did not want Alexis to film.
Speaker 3: I could see why he would not want Alexis to film. I get that maybe he doesn't want any more of housewives. I don't think man, I.
Speaker 2: Believe he really told her, I'll pay you what your salary of a friend of is if you don't film, because that's what we were talking.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know, because I don't know what the man makes and I don't know this man, So I'm not gonna say yes or no. But I mean, I'm just gonna use my own life. I mean, Tom Girardi would have paid me to not do it. Sure right, Sure.
Speaker 2: So John Jansen, he just showed up to what Shannon totally loses her shit and bolts for the door. Are you kidding me right now? She reacts in the preview, I'm fucking out. I'll take an uber. We also see Shannon purposely excluding Alexis from the group's trip to London. She sends a tech listen, I learned the hard way text to housewives are a bad fucking idea.
Speaker 3: It's a very bad idea. They always come back to bite you in the ass. And don't leave anyone out. Even if you don't like someone, don't leave anyone out. And I understood, Well, Shannon is in an impossible situation, and my heart really goes out to her because she's got a lot going on. And this is an impossible situation. You're sitting there with a cast member who is involved with your recent ex and we.
Speaker 2: Also have to remember that her ex before John Janssen sued Tamra and Shannon upwards of three hundred to five hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: And I saw Shannon saying to Alexis in the previous episode, you know, I was a single mother. I didn't know how I was going to pay these legal fees. Baby, who are you talking to?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're like, these lawyers are fucking expensive? And nine times out of ten, Oh you know what else I thought was interesting? And forgive me, guys, I know that everybody that's listening probably thinks I'm lame. Is that the same criminal duy guy that Gina had that Shannon has? Is that guy just do okay? Does that guy just do all the duce case?
Speaker 2: Shannon used that against Gina, right, because Shannon got her that rep when Gina got her DUI and then said, the reason that your kids aren't in CPS.
Speaker 3: Is because of the lawyer.
Speaker 2: It's because of the lawyer I got you. And Gina flipped out and Gina's like, fuck you, My kids were never going to.
Speaker 3: Be taken they were never going to be taken away from her. That's not true. And you know, but I mean the lawyer thing is kind of interesting. Well, I guess he got her off so good. He must be good. It's like the word decent. I guess.
Speaker 2: Well. I mean it's like when everybody uses the same therapist. Like there's Atlanta Potomac and like one other show and they keep using this guy, doctor Ken And I'm like, if I see fucking doctor Ken.
Speaker 3: Well, doctor jen hold On, doctor yeah Jet whatever she's from, what does she celebrity? Well, she have ye all of it, but she had her own show too, and you know she's born and raised in Beverly Hills and she's seen us all.
Speaker 2: Yes, you know what, if she would see me, I would see her.
Speaker 3: Really, I'll call her today.
Speaker 2: Okay, great, because I need all the help that I can get.
Speaker 3: We all need all the help we can get into. Anybody who's listening or watching, Please, if you need therapy, please, there are ways to get it. And I promise you it's the best investment you'll ever make, and I firmly believe in it.
Speaker 2: But what are your thoughts on when housewives in general, because we see a lot of this coming out this season. I got you this, whether it's on Jersey, like listen if you're giving somebody a favor.
Speaker 3: If you're doing it, you're doing it with no expectation in return, and do not push anybody's face in it. If I do something, I did it, I wanted to do it. I'm not looking for something back. Then it becomes a quid pro krol this for that. If I'm genuinely giving, I'm giving.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's how I feel too. It's the same way I feel about loaning money. I don't loan money. I will give you money like if somebody.
Speaker 3: Will never expect to and if that and if it took five grand to get you out of my life, then hooray. Do you know what I mean? Like that, here's the money that's.
Speaker 2: To be fucking done with it. So that's why so much of this coming up really bugs me. But then it comes to we see the text Hello Alexis Shannon Badoor. They read a screen grab of the text shown and the clip. I'm hosting a trip to Europe with my friends and with my friends my friends and just wanted to make sure it's clear that you are not invited.
Speaker 3: But if production came in and said she was, she would if.
Speaker 2: She had done more than talk about Johnny j I think maybe she would have been invited.
Speaker 3: If they just squashed the beefer. I'm sure she would have been invited. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then also regarding Alexis and John, we see Shannon say to the group, you know what, Alexis Bellino is perfect for John Jansen the cast. She means by that, I think, be my guess. Okay, So when I had Alexis on the podcast, she was one of those like, I have sex four times a day. Our life has never been better. We have a promise? Yes, fuck, I forgot like a Denis. She did tell us four times a day.
Speaker 3: Yes, she repeatedly told us that, and the size of his member.
Speaker 2: But and then we almost all spent nine to ninety nine to go onto her. Only fans of.
Speaker 3: You be quiet right now because honestly, by the way, none of us can slurge for that. Though you know what, you'd be quiet, you you. But you know what, when I needed when I needed some facts, I did reach out to our girl Teddy Mellencamp. I was like, can you remind me?
Speaker 2: Do you you show me? Do you realize that Alex Baskin he's the producer of actually both shows, he's under my phone as Life Ruiner.
Speaker 3: And no picture really because he helped me so much during my divorce. He got me out of bed every day.
Speaker 2: No, I love him so much, like we text all the time. We're still friends. But he's under Alex aka the Life Ruiner and it's a picture of Denise from only fans as that's kind of funny. Has kind of so whenever he text, he's like you up to this? Do you want to do this? I'm like, life Ruiner, it ain't happening today, ain't happening. But the cast is rocked by Jen and her fiance Ryan scandal. Emily says, this is the biggest scandal out there. He could go to prison. Eddie Tamer's husband who we don't really see, get involved very Eddie is like.
Speaker 3: I kind of like that though, I kind of like it when husbands aren't that involved. It is a group of women. You are following a group of women. I do like it when husbands are there for the wives, but when they get involved in the petty drama, I'm like, yeah, step out, she's got it or or she's you know, uh. The woman who's in the group should be able to handle everything herself. She should not need you to come in and help her out.
Speaker 2: But when we heard Eddie say this guy is a scumbag and later denies giving even Ryan a hug, Tamra says Ryan, this guy is a piece of shit, before adding in a confessional nobody knows who the real Ryan is.
Speaker 3: What does that mean? Nobody knows who the real Ryan is? What is it beyond beyond this? These alleged and I say alleged talking to me, you know, these alleged what are they? They're not charges? Thank god? They are associations with alleged snitch sueries. Yeah, did he snitch? Is that the big thing?
Speaker 2: I'm allegedly allegedly? And listen, Ryan isn't even giving me the egg the way he was last season. Like, I'm kind of liking he.
Speaker 3: Seemed like he was nice when I was watching the shows. He's like he was cool.
Speaker 2: Last season it was terrible. It was like every single outfit with the like fake logos tag.
Speaker 3: But does that but does that? Okay, does that make him a bad guy? If you don't like his clothes? Does that make him a bad man? Like that? No?
Speaker 2: But I don't. I tend to not like a man to pretend to be somebody that they're not.
Speaker 3: Okay, so who is he here? Like Tamra said in her confessional, nobody knows who the real Ryan is. So what are we talking about here?
Speaker 2: Well, what we are talking about is a man who we do not know what his current job is.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: But I did like Jen this episode because she kind of makes light of it. But I meant Jen Gina, Yeah, yeah, I did like Jen this episode because there's moments where she makes, you know, levity or light of the situation. But I also feel like from being in a situation where you know shit's about to hit the fan, that's kind of the only way that you can do it.
Speaker 3: No, you could be a mess. I mean, what has he told her when shit's about to hit the fan? I mean that's really true, Like what does Jen really know? And what is it that he's told her? You know, that's a that's a big thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So I mean then it seems whatever it is that it happens, it seems to affect Gen and Tammer's relationship. We see Jen say you talked about him being a bookie?
Speaker 3: Is that true? Do they have that you talked about him being a bookie? Set on camera.
Speaker 2: They have not shown it yet. Okay, but you better fucking shut your mouth. And Tama cooks back, Why why is it going to put a hit on me?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Probably not. It's okay.
Speaker 2: But then tensions are also rising as Gena and Katie's relationship continues to deteriorate, and Janie shouts in Katie's face, You're a liar.
Speaker 3: So what is that with the paparazzi thing? Is that what we're talking about? Is that why she's saying you're a liar? Is does this all go back to which, By the way, Heather, if they got you at Disneyland looking cute with your husband, thank god, because they usually get me looking like a fucking.
Speaker 2: Desire nev I listen, you remember my trick fil a when it was during like it was during COVID, and I had my gloves on and I'm at.
Speaker 3: A little like it.
Speaker 2: Looked a little rough. But I think what the main part is, which we learned a couple of weeks ago, was that what bothered Heather about this entire paparazzi conversation was that she was having publicly whether it's privately happening or not, but there was public conversation about her marriage and alleged cheating on Terry's part, and then all of a sudden, now there's these paparazzi shots.
Speaker 3: Oh so it looks like it. Oh so the women are saying, Hey, these things were out in the press about yours and Terry's relationship.
Speaker 2: How convenient of you to hugging and kissing.
Speaker 3: I know, okay, I.
Speaker 2: See, yeah, I mean, I mean, but also I hate to be the bearer of bad news. It's f fortless to get a paparazzi to take a picture of somebody, or is like I can freaking go to a random hotel in the middle of nowhere. I think I'm fine playing ping pong with my kids, and there will be a picture that will show up of me looking like the like tails from.
Speaker 3: The crypt Babe, did you see us jumping off a boat and sing lush? We were in open water?
Speaker 2: We start out episode seven of season eighteen, and is there possibly a worse feeling than when production wakes everybody up and you're hungover.
Speaker 3: No, and you're just wanting to be anywhere else than where you are, knowing you have to whip yourself together and go either play fucking pick a ball, Oh my god, on the hottest day in the year, by the way.
Speaker 2: In Lakinta, or like go arrow shooting, or like the amount of shit that you have to do.
Speaker 3: How hungover were you in Provence?
Speaker 2: Listen, I don't even that was legendary, by the way, our Just to give you guys a little bit of backstory that night of Provence when I fought with Erica about god knows what, unnecessarily because I really liked Erica at this point. I woke up that morning and I what you don't understand in these homes. We're all in our separate places, but there's like you have your own like kind of producer that's tied to you that you trust, that you trust ish okay, maybe you trust, you think you trust, maybe you trust. So like I remember waking up and being like, I, you know, my phone wasn't even plugged in.
Speaker 3: You know, like that's the last and you're pretty good about that because of the family and everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so like I wasn't even plugged in. I wake up, I see Laser. I'm like, how bad will this last night?
Speaker 3: He's like not good now, But you know what, that's also a game to make you feel like, to put you on like, oh my god.
Speaker 2: And then he's like, and now you guys have thirty minutes before you guys go and get a bow and arrow and shoot at each other. And I'm like, so I do understand that hangover feeling. But we get tamor Jen and Alexis talk about how they like Katie. Tamara wonders how they will convince her to like Heather. Yeah, do you think that's possible to actually convince somebody to know someone?
Speaker 3: I don't. Not for me, I would prefer not to try to be convinced to like anyone. And I think Heather is a grown woman and probably, you know, beyond convincing, She's going to make up her own mind, and rightfully so.
Speaker 2: Then Shannon says she had zero intention to bring the friend group into the fact that John Jansen is threatening to sue her. Emily says it's made Shannon looked like she had been dishonest about the relationship. Shannon says she has proof that she paid for stuff. She gives an example of paying for a trip to la for John's oldest daughter. Emily asked if she was trying to buy his love and Shannon says she enjoyed doing it. Emily then suggests cutting out the attorney and sending John thirty grand, and then Shannon says she doesn't want to give him a dollar.
Speaker 3: And then I'm kind of shocked, Emily, a former attorney would say send him thirty grand without wrapping it up with an attorney. But if if I were Shannon and he was causing me that much pain and I wanted to get rid of him, I would make sure with the lawyer that I would wrap it up so tight, you know, But if I paid him so no, I mean not that, Emily. You know, I just thought it was funny. I was like, really, okay.
Speaker 2: Well, I think the part that I am a little bit confused by just because I mean.
Speaker 3: Why did they break up?
Speaker 2: Though? I think they broke up because they were terribly toxic relationship, were they? I think they, you know, and I'm not calling anybody an alcoholic or not, but I think they were a kind of couple that drank too much, made bad decisions, fought their families, didn't get along. Shit.
Speaker 3: But Alexis says that he does not drink with.
Speaker 2: Her right and that that may be the case. I've hung out with Alexis and she didn't drink with me, and I drink and I probably got drunk. Like when we went to the Nelly concert, I was drunk. Ellie, Yeah, Now, I was so fucking joy. He didn't DM me back.
Speaker 3: You DM Nelly, what's going on?
Speaker 2: I was like, Hey, Nelly, we're at the show and nothing.
Speaker 3: No, he's not gonna We're not his type. You are not cool enough to be No, Nelly.
Speaker 2: He wasn't into it. But either way, the point is like when we talk about a facelift or being loan money by by a man and then having to pay them back, that actually felt really weird to me. Edwin and I keep our finances separate. If Edwin were to purchase something for me, a gift, a gift, paying him back seems absolutely obscene to me.
Speaker 3: He's also your husband, so I'd like to say that that's an extra layer. I don't know the agreement or the you know, you don't know the dynamic in which Shannon and John's relationship was set up. Maybe they felt good doing things for each other. I don't know. I mean, I I would like to know, like, was it unspoken? Were there boundaries? Did you guys agree to do things that would help me just a little bit more clarity, but not that we're going to get it, not that it you.
Speaker 2: Know, but we also I can tell you from past seasons there was definitely moments in time where we talked about how Shannon and John Jansen did not have sex because he didn't find her physically attractive. So, as a woman, if you're with a.
Speaker 3: Guy, hold on, So okay, So who said she said that?
Speaker 2: He? She said that when she would call and she'd been under the influence, she would call and tell these girls, whether it was off camera on camera, Okay, you know that he.
Speaker 3: Wasn't sex having sex with her because he didn't like the way she physically looked, right, Okay, And so why would he stay? If that's the case, and that leads.
Speaker 2: You to believe that, then of course you're going to accept a facelift from that person if that you think would I.
Speaker 3: Though, I mean, if a man thought that I was not pretty enough to sleep with, knowing me, I'd be like fuck you, and I get no facelift.
Speaker 2: From Yeah, I know if that's true. I wonder if he But imagine being in back to back really toxic relationships because her one before her husband cheated on her. He I mean, we watched him kind of take her through the stringer.
Speaker 3: She looks like she's in a lot of pain even to this day, and I feel badly about that and going. You know, it's one thing. Look, people love the drama on these shows. Yeah, that's great, But until it happens to you and you're living your life, you know, publicly, and you're getting a divorce and your husband's cheating on you, and then you get involved with this other person who's treating you like this. I mean, I feel for Shannon in a lot of ways that cannot be.
Speaker 2: No, and the fact that she came back. It's a lot, but I feel like Shannon is definitely looking for love and all the wrong places. Yeah, but then we get we get into a little bit of a storyline of Jen's ex husband, Will, who has been dating a woman named Lara.
Speaker 3: Who Jin knew right she was a friend, right.
Speaker 2: But what we have to remember is that Jen and Ryan had already been having an affair before this relationship started.
Speaker 3: Hold on a second, So you're saying that Jen and Ryan were having an affair while she was married to Will. Correct Okay, I did not know that, So.
Speaker 2: Yes, do I feel empathy about what.
Speaker 3: He changes the dynamic a bit? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So it's like, then tell the full story, like I see if we're going, Yes, a million percent. If if Edwin and I were to break up tomorrow, and of course it would, we place in a new person and they're with my kids every other weekend, it.
Speaker 3: Is going to hurt me, of course it would.
Speaker 2: But if I was cheating on Edwin and ended the demise of our relationship, so she ended the marriage.
Speaker 3: Yeah that was the reason they got a divorce. Okay, well yeah that does change things, yes.
Speaker 2: Like, yes, of course it's still going to feel shitty.
Speaker 3: As it should, and nobody's taking that part away.
Speaker 2: And nobody's taking that part away that like, your marriage may be shitty and you're having to make that decision on your own, like and go. She she kept saying, he never wanted to do those things with me, He never wanted to spend time with us. He never want and maybe he doesn't. But now all of a sudden, Will is wanting to do those things with her friend feels shitty.
Speaker 3: I'm sure it does, but it's also part about Look when you move on. You move on, and people change, and we all see our husbands in different new relationships or you know, situations minus insane, just putting that out there, you know, so, and things happen when you divorce and people move on. I mean we've seen our friend, you know, yeah, move on and our friends move on. So I get it. That's a complicated thing, you know. Uh.
Speaker 2: Then we start to see tamor she's gonna emotional talking about her daughter.
Speaker 3: I really felt for her. Yeah, that's sad. You know, when you're estrange from your children, you know, even though they may be adult children or young adult children, you know, that hurts. And but kids do this. I mean, I'm sure that Sydney will come around at some point.
Speaker 2: Did you ever feel like with your ex that he was trying to do perenttal alienation with your Now.
Speaker 3: My first husband and I actually had a great relationship, probably a better relationship divorced than married, and I'm very grateful he never did anything like that and we're still friends to this day.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, but do you think what do you think creates that not having anger?
Speaker 3: I think that two people have to come and put the shit. I don't know. I mean now we're asking to kind of delve into why Sydney doesn't feel like talking to her mom and that that I don't know, you know, I just don't know enough about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, then Gina confronts Emily about being upset with her, and Emily asked Gina what she was supposed to think when Gina liked Katie and then sitting after sitting with Heather, Gina now hates Katie. Emily says, Gina lets Heather manipulate her. And essentially what we're saying is Emily's upset with Gina because Gina.
Speaker 3: She feels like whatever Heather says is she's you know that, you know, Gina kisses Heather's ass and she's going to do what other Heather says because she's either afraid of her or admires her. Yeah, right, right.
Speaker 2: But then also in that same token, Gina is saying that Emily kisses well camera's.
Speaker 3: Now she said that she's meaner being around Tamra, But do you more aggressive.
Speaker 2: And do you agree with that? Do you think that you know, we've we got a lot of help during Fox Wars five that we were this like force of people to be terrible to other people.
Speaker 3: No, we just happened to be friends and had been together for a long time. I think that from what I've seen of Gina's personality, she's very outspoken, she's a former attorney. She sticks up for herself, she lets her feelings be known. Tama does the same thing. When you put two personalities like that, it doubles in size. So I don't know if it's being up her ass or she's being worse, or I don't think it's like, look, these are grown women. Is anybody egging each other on? Like, Hey, I don't know. I do know that I'm more mischievous with some friends than others. I'll leave it at that.
Speaker 2: But I also feel like there is a moment in every franchise where somebody wants to feel like the queen bee.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that's natural. I think if we're just gonna say friend groups, they do become competitive and someone always wants to ownership over the group. So who are you talking about at other?
Speaker 2: Well, No, that's actually my question watching it, because I have a little bit of inside perspective, just because of my friendships with Emily, with tamor like when you watch it, I knew going. You know, after halfway through my first season, I was like, shit, these are the power players that I have to be careful about.
Speaker 3: Were you afraid of them or were you afraid how about this? What was your fear that they were going to x you out or that you they weren't going to be nice? What are you talking about?
Speaker 2: I would say my fear was that they were never going to give me a chance. And that includes you.
Speaker 3: Oh you've said that, yeah, but like that.
Speaker 2: You would never give me a chance. And when I throughout my entire life, when I feel like I'm not given a chance, then I don't feel like I act like my true self.
Speaker 3: No one does, by the way, no one does. Whenever somebody feels like they're not being accepted or they feel on the outside, you don't even get a chance to know someone, you know they're not showing you their best, And how can you be vulnerable in those moments? Yeah? You know, so I can.
Speaker 2: But then I think it shifts when true relationships happen. And I think that's where we're struggling with Orange County. Orange County is I think good. I think they've come in and they've really formed, like there are moments where I'm really laughing. This season, I enjoyed it.
Speaker 3: Yeah so far, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but then Gina. I love when Gina and em Lay are trying to like have their comfort frontation with each other and they're like playing pickleball and their asses are hanging out.
Speaker 3: Yah, it's cute and it's hot in Lakina, or it looks like it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, it's definitely Lakina.
Speaker 3: They what did she call them? Nut jobs?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh, this is so good.
Speaker 3: That's not us. We're not nut jobs.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So Gina worries and she says, you know, I'm worried our friendship is going to turn into you know, Tamara and Shannon, and she goes, this is not us. Those two are nut jobs.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, yes, their dynamic is different nut jobs. You know, maybe she was saying that in a loving way, but you know, Tamar and Shannon have big personalities, and yes they do things where you're like, yeah, you know it's extra, But they've also been on television for a lot of years, carrying the show for a lot of years. So what do you expect because how many of you been on nine? If I go back, it will be ten. But that's a decade. That's a decade long of making things happen.
Speaker 2: Right, So I think there are fourty And.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying. That's like, that's a it's a lifetime on television, and people don't realize. You know, there's fatigue after a while, there's audience fatigue, there's cast fatigue, There's all of these things that come into play. So number one, they have a very strong bond and they're out here trying to make shit happen.
Speaker 2: But also I think that as you are on I never got really to this point because I was never on a show long enough, but where you are on a show long enough where you have a lot of yes people and they're telling you, yes, this makes sense. What you're saying is good, this is right, this is that, and that you know that everybody has those I know, I'm.
Speaker 3: Thinking about what you're saying. I are you talking about production and you're talking about other casts.
Speaker 2: The other cast members are people that maybe work with you. Yeah, like you will be sitting there in your hair and makeup. Even me at like my Measley little life style worth but like there was Measley point in times where I was making bad decisions. They were like, yes, Teddy, you were so right there.
Speaker 3: Those people you need to pluck out of your head.
Speaker 2: And then you watch back and I'm like, I absolutely right, Like you should have told me to go kick Rocks. But I think that might be what's happening with Gina. She's been on six years, six or seven years, but she's coming in hard this season.
Speaker 3: Is there something else going on in her life maybe that maybe would account for that, or is it just like you feel as if maybe they told her that.
Speaker 2: Well, I think last season, I don't know that Gina had much life left in her on the show, Okay, and then she came in this season and she really stirted up a bit. She breaks up with Travis.
Speaker 3: Right, why did they break up?
Speaker 2: Well, so she was with this guy Matt, who never was on the show. He worked and good for Matt who was smart. Well, because what ended up happening with Matt's around.
Speaker 3: Oh, I did not apologize. I didn't know. I just thought it was a good idea not to be on the show. Okay, I'm show. What happened with.
Speaker 2: Matt was they moved to Orange County. They came to Orange County and then we never see Matt because Matt is allegedly having an affair, and then once the affair is over, they there's a domestic violence.
Speaker 3: That is okay, say less, all right, I'm sorry I did not Yeah, okay, so.
Speaker 2: But and not making this better.
Speaker 3: But Matt is very attractive, good, okay, right, right, well it's better I stop.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but like I'm just giving you, I feel like you need a full layout. So Matt's very attractive. He had a good job. He lost that job allegedly because of what happens on the show, even though he's never on the show. And then she ends up with Travis, and then she buys the home for her and Travis's kids, so now we have possibly over six kids.
Speaker 3: I saw that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's tight that. I want you to imagine moving my three kids and Kai for kids, and to reads two kids and to your place. Right.
Speaker 3: First off, no, none of you are coming over. No. I lost my dog and I haven't replaced him one because he's irreplaceable. But too because you know, like space, yeah right, a little privacy, privacy, well just freedom, you know, right. My boy was you know, he needed a lot of care at the end. My god, he was the best. But that's a lot of children to take on their nine right, Yeah, that's a lot of kids.
Speaker 2: Wow, a lot of kids. And so what I think we're seeing is that relationship. But also, how do you feel about a relationship if you lived with somebody, you decided we're going to move in together, we're gonna put our families together, but actually now we're not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I I that's over for me. Well, if I were to do that, this is what I'm asking, like, why is she no longer? What is the separation about?
Speaker 2: Like, that's a lot, but that's what we didn't get until the pick up a cart court when she goes, Well, I think you know, Travis is trying to break.
Speaker 3: Up with me. Why would he be trying to break up with her?
Speaker 2: My guess is he's trying to break up with her because she said she didn't want him in the house. Because I think she's just allegedly the sole breadwinner.
Speaker 3: Do you have any proof to back that up that you bought the house? Okay, but do you think that that's really bothering her?
Speaker 2: Would it bother you? Well?
Speaker 3: I don't even have enough money to buy a house. Thanks, top, Yeah, that's not where I see myself.
Speaker 2: No, right, yeah, yeah, But then Gina and but.
Speaker 3: Nine kids is a lot too, I mean it's a lot, Like that's a lot.
Speaker 2: According to Gina, there was a bunch of issues with Travis's ex and with Matt there's no issues. So it's like there's all kinds of shit going down, but what you are realizing is it's messy. And I think that I think Emily, like from somebody who I talk to every week on this podcast for over an hour, I think Emily is an asshole, but in a loving asshole.
Speaker 3: I think she's strong. I don't I think she's outspoken. I don't know if she's an asshole maybe I don't.
Speaker 2: Like I think she's an asshole in the way that like she's not going to sugarcoat something to make you feel better. But if you actually looked at her and said like, hey, I need you for a second, she would be there for you.
Speaker 3: Yes, I well, look, people have different communication styles and different personalities, so she's someone that will really be there for you when the chips are down.
Speaker 2: But imagine if that person. So imagine you're with Renna.
Speaker 3: And who has been called an asshole, not by me, but yeah.
Speaker 2: But you're with Renna, and all of a sudden, you hear Renna's talking shit about you behind your back. Yeah, saying that you're the biggest asshole you've.
Speaker 3: That would hurt my feelings, right, Yeah, for sure. It's impossible to not to not feel something, of course, And if.
Speaker 2: Randa wanted to call you an asshole, she should call it you to your face.
Speaker 3: She would and she has, yes, she has. She's I feel like, what.
Speaker 2: Are we two seasons ago? You were an asshole one night?
Speaker 3: Oh not one night every night?
Speaker 2: Whatever. I'm so sad I missed that shit. I would have been so happy during.
Speaker 3: Somebody said, you know, I really enjoyed you during that time. I was like, how Because I asked out of myself every day and night.
Speaker 2: I would have fucking loved it. And you know, well, I don't care about people getting manicure pedicures together. Don't care?
Speaker 3: Well, isn't that kind of a backdrop for the conversation. So the conversation has to be more interesting than the manicures and pedicures.
Speaker 2: So it's about only fans.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, they wanted Jen to do an only fans like in Big Bear when they.
Speaker 2: Were would you suck my toe? If I put it in pie.
Speaker 3: No, ma'am.
Speaker 2: Then we get Tamra and Shannon meet up. Tamra starts off by saying she was hopeful that Shannon would be the one to reach out and meet up. Shannon says Tamara has been doing nothing but to faming her. Tamra mocks Shannon says she didn't. Tamar asks if she doesn't drink anymore, and Sannon says she has two drinks. Shannon then says she has seen Tamar and compromising situations, and then Tamar of course goes, have I drove my car into your house? And then Shannon walks away from the table. I need to dress something really quick. A couple people have said the reason I no longer have Alexia on this podcast is because Alexia comes for Tamra.
Speaker 3: I don't think that's right.
Speaker 2: And I'm here to tell you guys like I want opposing.
Speaker 3: Views, Well, you can't have it all. Yes, you need a co host or or someone that actually will say how they truly feel. That's fine if she comes for tamraa you didn't.
Speaker 2: Like, it wasn't up to me. I also think that there are moments, Yes, I will always the same way when I recap Beverly Hills, I'm always going to see a side of Erica that I love in Carabaa and same with Tamra, and so yes there. Do I think this dinner between Tamra and Shannon is good? Absolutely not.
Speaker 3: But isn't Tama being Tamra? Isn't that what Tamara does? Isn't Tamara giving us the fabulous Tamra judge right here? When she says, have I drove my car into it? I mean, it's it's it's so obvious.
Speaker 2: It's it's very lay man, it's like, what the fact? Yeah, But it also is shocking to me the amount of people that are like, she's upset, like why wouldn't you be there? And and then I try to put myself in a in a situation and like, I'm I really do sit there. And I'm not going to mention any names, but during my three years on Beverly Hills, there was somebody that would call me she may have had chardonnay and kat and saig breath, garlic, breath, garlic, and it was a lot of garlic and shun. It was a lot of late night calls.
Speaker 3: Did you really?
Speaker 2: Oh my god? I never experienced so many of them, like, Hey.
Speaker 3: We need to talk for a second, and what would she talk to you about?
Speaker 2: I'm curious what I needed to do the next day, fucking kidding me? And yeah, and it was never good. It was the right advice. But I could only imagine fourteen years into those conversations.
Speaker 3: I would be over it. Yeah, No, I would be over it. I would be like, you know what, stop, Like if we don't know what the fuck we should be doing right now in the moment and how we each feel independently of each other, stop, that's not what the job is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think that's what we're ultimately seeing, whether we want to say, whatever it is. I think what we're seeing between Shannon and Tamra is they're just tired. Tired.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're tired. I mean they're tired of each other and probably tired of the show and probably tired, you know at some point of the whole thing, you know, it's a lot to do these shows, fourteen years of a friendship with someone, they're not in the best place. You get frustrated with people, you never know what's going on in your own life, and then you know, he just you say things like this. I mean, it was a layup. Have I drove my car into a house? Everybody loves that? Stop it. No, it's not nice. It's very mean, but it's perfectly tamor and and kind of fat the same.
Speaker 2: And also, you kind of know when you decide to go into the next season. You knew when you were going into your worst season what was going to happen.
Speaker 3: Listen, you weren't.
Speaker 2: Like, oh, I hope nobody mentions.
Speaker 3: It one trillion percent. You know you're going to get, you know, cut into ribbons. And I'm quite sure Shannon is a very smart woman. She knew sooner or later somebody was going to make this remark. That doesn't make it right, that doesn't make it hurt less. Let you know it's coming.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So then Shannon tells their producer in the bathroom that Tamar has done nothing but hurt her and spread spread lives. Shannon says, this is a true example of kicking someone when they're down. Then Shannon breaks the fourth wall and she says, uh, you know, Tamar never disappoints in that aspect. And I think this is where it gets a little bit tricky. Do I think that this was Tarmar's best moment in the entire world. Probably not, but knowing Tamar and knowing the way that she handles me when I do fucked up shit, it's the same way.
Speaker 3: Is this her personality? This is heard through and through.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I look, some people are comforters.
Speaker 3: Some seple aren't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like some people are like, I got you, It's fine, It wasn't that bad.
Speaker 3: You know what. And that's how it is. And I'm sure that Look, everybody's tired of everybody at this point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, at the end of the day, who would you rather be friends with? Shannon or Tamara?
Speaker 3: Are you? Because I know you? I've said allow to Tamra, She's been very sweet to me. I think I've met Shannon in a couple of times that she's also been nice, maybe once or twice.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe once or twice. And then Shannon comes back to the table saying she has learned to step away and take a breath when the situation calls for it. She then tells Tama that John, issuing her her lawyer, made a settlement offer today and she doesn't know him anything. And then John said he won't accept one penny under seventy five thousand dollars, he said. If she doesn't come up with a payment plan, there finally.
Speaker 3: A meaning, he an Alexis, Yeah, this is what I this reps me a little bit. Well, it's strictly John versus Shannon. It's not Alexis and John versus shit.
Speaker 2: Well, then let's have John on the fucking chum.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, that would make the most sense, But that's not the most exciting thing. The Alexis angle is much more exciting than the John thing. It's cool to keep John, you know, back here threatening on the outside, right.
Speaker 2: But then now we've got this backstory of there's this video of allegedly Shannon nd or.
Speaker 3: What is this video? Because they've made much mention of it, and tell me what is this.
Speaker 2: Except okay, so supposedly allegedly, there's this one part that, like I think we were meant to almost forget or not realize, where Katie he learns the information that John Alexis Yeah, okay, that John Jansen has the information that and a ring camera video of Shannon allegedly almost running over his daughter. Hold us his daughter, I mean a teenager or older. But the night.
Speaker 3: Of the dy Okay.
Speaker 2: But that's what brought it to light to the cameras and now all of us are talking about it.
Speaker 3: Right, So, but.
Speaker 2: Where I kind of where I kind of lie with this, Like, I don't know. I'm not mad at Katie for bringing it up. Clearly she's doing what she's got to do. It's her first year. She's like, sure, you want me to mention.
Speaker 3: This as a job to do, which is give her opinion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, give her opinion. She heard it.
Speaker 3: But I also like to be honest, if it wasn't going to get Alexis told it so, if it was going to remain private, then Alexis wouldn't have said anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And also Alexis, if you're going to be on the show doing something, then maybe do something. Just did No, But all she's doing is the same thing over and over to make Shannon look like an asshole. And how great John Jansen is?
Speaker 3: Oh? I see that bugs me? Like, be great on your own You're what you're saying is, don't make that your storyline be your own. Cool, Yes, it's a part of your storyline, but then don't make that your only card to play.
Speaker 2: And if and if that is your only card to play, then be the world's biggest asshole, be the world's biggest villain.
Speaker 3: Do you think she's a middle villain?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hate a middle villain, like either be the biggest villain.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you are one of those people that's sick.
Speaker 2: I'm all or nothing.
Speaker 3: All in by Teddy millancap all in by. You can go to all in by Teddy dot com and then we can. But that is actually really what bothers me. Tamra, you know, ends multiple conversations by saying, you know, she'd have she'd like to have a party, and she would love for Shannon and Vicki to come. Okay, so why have Vicky come? Then?
Speaker 2: I think she was trying to make Shannon feel comfortable and so you can come if you want to bring Vicki. We're all good. All's fine. But like they had already had their situation where like the Trace Amigas was done, okay, okay, and I think that's okay. The way that Tamor ended Trace Amigas, I actually lived it, and I think it she did it the right way. She said, I don't feel comfortable with what we're doing right now. I work all these different jobs and now if you're not drinking. You just got this?
Speaker 3: Do you put it on hold? Yeah? I get it, like, let's hold, let's pause for a minute.
Speaker 2: Or do it on your own. But don't be mad at me.
Speaker 3: For it, right, I see?
Speaker 2: And but then she invited Vicky to this event, which unfortunately, I will also be at next week.
Speaker 3: You're going, oh my goodness, Wow.
Speaker 2: Can you believe I said yes to something.
Speaker 3: I'm kind of shocked. Don't we don't see you anywhere?
Speaker 2: I know, but I went to this. I did it for Tam.
Speaker 3: But oh my god, was it good?
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know. I'm sure no matter what happens, I'll look like the world's biggest asshole.
Speaker 3: Oh you got in? Okay? Why don't we hope for the positive? Well, I mean we could, but we could just stay positive, stay positive?
Speaker 2: All right? Well, is there anything you want to tease us with?
Speaker 3: On you? Because well, on me personally. Yeah, you know, I'm out here performing. I've got some great things going on, and I'm really happy that you asked me to come on here. This is kind of fun. I'm excited to be here. This is a new thing for me. I've never done something like this. I'm usually singing and dancing and you know, acting a fool. But things are good. I feel good, probably for the first time in almost it'll be four years in November that I left home and uh separated, and the whole world, my whole world kind of blew up. But everything is much better and I am looking at life through a much better lens and I'm happy for that.
Speaker 2: And what would you say has and you can tell me to shut the fuck up, but like, what would you say has been the hardest part? And what would you say is like your biggest growth.
Speaker 3: The hardest part was having been accused of things that I did not do and having that repeated over and over to the world and asking and basically to a point of well, I begged before I yelled not to repeat those things because there were cases and my hands were tired and I couldn't talk about it and that would be solved in a court of law. The best part about it is I'm incredibly comfortable in my own skin. I have great confidence that was earned the super hard way, like I had confidence before, but I have this sort of new, I don't know, version of confidence. It just comes really from the gut. And I'm okay with that. I don't live with much regret because there's nothing you can do about it. All you can do is learn from things and go forward. And I'm excited for what's ahead of me. I know what's behind me, and I'm okay with that, and I think moving on. You know, it took a long time to really disconnect from my old life Tom and really just be to a place where it doesn't hurt anymore. And it does sometimes on days. I'm not gonna sit here and say, like you know there, oh, no, all is great. There are days that that hurt and memories that you know still come. But for the most part, I'm I feel much better. Yeah, yeah, and I'm glad and I can see that in you. Thank you what like that. It's nice to be able to want to go have fun and want to live again and want to be with people and to go do things and not hide because for so many years, the last four years three and a half years, I felt like I needed to hide and I didn't feel comfortable and I felt very out of place and just it's wild. We'll get into it some other day, though.
Speaker 2: No, we definitely will talk about it. And thank you guys for joining us. For another episode of Two Teas in a Pot. And I'm so excited that somebody that I truly care about and I think can add so much insight to all of the information is here with me.
Speaker 3: Thank you Erica, Thank you Teddy.
Speaker 2: This was fun and you'll be with us every week now, so get used to it.
Speaker 3: Get used to it. It'll be fun. We'll have a good time. Bye, bye, guys.